PDA

View Full Version : Magic in the Arena

DeeDe99
11-10-15, 04:01 PM
Edit: There is a slight pause on my work on this as I am staying OUT of the arena until the new dragon arrives - I now have two Sweet Tooth and don't need more clutter in storage.

As many of you know, I've been curious about the difference in strike types in the arena and at least one other player has a similar interest: you know who you are but I have forgotten your name, I hope you see this.

I have started taking notes. My first observation was that Splatter, a Rainbow/Red, uses blue magic. I was up against Lunar Rainbow and noticed blue is weak against Rainbow type.

I've noticed that when I use Champion against Rainbow, invariably the magic strike is weak, but the bash takes out the opponent. I just fought Triple Rainbow and it dawned on me. Warrior Prince uses black magic. Black as a colour is weak against Rainbow, but the Champion type is strong against Rainbow. I won't bother using magic against a Rainbow type again when using Warrior Prince. Do all champs use black magic? He is the only one I've used in the Arena, so I can't compare. My Gilded Knight is going to level 10 today, but I don't think I've used him before.

I think the type of magic is important.

I would be interested in any research contributions from other players. Who else is interested in this investigation?

belarica
11-10-15, 07:29 PM
All of my champs use black magic.

DeeDe99
11-10-15, 07:48 PM
Thanks Belarica. I thought they probably did, but there was a chance of red as well, given champs can split when used as parents etc etc.

I notice Olympus use pink magic.

pernmagic
11-11-15, 01:39 AM
I've found the basic type of the champs in regards to magic or fighting strength, say GA is dominant magic where Battlesteed is pure fighting strength plus the black/ red colour also makes a difference but RS and Highlander can use magic or bash strength depending on opponent ..... Can't be any clearer at the moment as still investigating
You have an interesting theory which I will try out but I have a gut feeling there is also an individual randomness for given us by TL on our account but cannot prove it yet

lorentw
11-11-15, 04:18 AM
I can only add it really seems random, I use all "bash" not magic, I have not used any ultimates in the last 4 tourneys, but I have had champ level 14 knocked our when it had a 85% chance of winning, I think it's totally random, just my opinion

DeeDe99
11-11-15, 04:25 AM
Thanks Pernmagic. Yes, it is difficult to prove from a distance.

I know it was said a couple of years ago there was no difference, but I am suggesting there has been an enhancement to the logic behind the Arena.

Interesting battles I had today. One involved Landworm. I was up against a purple/green dragon. Best against green is red, best against purple is green. Landworm is red/green. I need to repeat the battle - hard to do, of course! Impossible unless I'm thrown the same opponent again. Will see. I should have written my observations down at the time but I was leaving the house and got sidetracked. I remember thinking the outcome fitted my theory.

Investigations continue! :)

DeeDe99
11-11-15, 04:28 AM
Lorentw you could be right, but totally random is unlikely. But interesting that you never use magic and results appear random to you, whether they are or not in reality. Thank you for that information, it is helpful!

zaccy678
11-11-15, 09:51 AM
Happy to contribute to any research. In my experience I haven't noticed any Champs that have anything other than Black magic.

Should we start recording the colour of the Magic hit for each dragon? And whether the hit was a strong or weak hit?

DeeDe99
11-11-15, 04:04 PM
Happy to contribute to any research. In my experience I haven't noticed any Champs that have anything other than Black magic.

Should we start recording the colour of the Magic hit for each dragon? And whether the hit was a strong or weak hit?

I think we should Zaccy, if you have the time. I realise not everyone does. Let's use the Champ as an example to illustrate - if we find the magic is consistently weak against Rainbow, for example.

I just took Warrior Prince in against Pearl and used the bash - KO. Next Rainbow that pops up I'm going to use the magic and see the comparison - I'm predicting it will be weak, based on my opening example.

My preference is always to use magic first (totally if possible) unlike lorentw above who always uses bash - this may be why I was thinking Champs weren't as useful as everyone says! :)

blackeneddove
11-12-15, 07:53 PM
So far, I have noticed that whichever color the dragon has "first" is the same as it's magic. Take Forestfire for example. He is Red/Green. In the arena he uses fire magic. My Camelot, which is yellow/red, uses "air" magic. All the diamonds that I have use the light type magic from what I remember. None of their magic has a color.

So, if this is true, I would say that whichever color the dragon has as it's first color will be the same as their magic type. Just my observation.

DeeDe99
11-12-15, 11:42 PM
That is something else to consider, Blackeneddove, thank you for your contribution. It is the minor types (Champion, Rainbow, Stone etc) that do not have a first named colour that slip past, I think.

Simdiva
11-13-15, 02:42 AM
They don't really, just go back to what their orimary colors are champs are always black red, fairy take alesys yellow green, rainbow always yellow blue I forget the order but if you check you should be able to determine the sic hence the reason rainbows water magic, blue comes first

DeeDe99
11-13-15, 03:42 AM
Sim, my focus is on where the colour of the magic is weak against the opponent. When I say it slips past, I mean it slips past unnoticed because the minor type can be strong against the opponent, but the component colour that is their magic can be weak against the same opponent.

Simdiva
11-13-15, 04:08 AM
Right but the Magic color is what you are concerned with here and if the magic is weak and the minor color is string you are unlikely to use it anyhow as you probably have a better option. Ie, I always look for at least two good matches when trying to match up for a battle, if I can't find them I will likely go to a champion.

blackeneddove
11-18-15, 11:44 AM
That is something else to consider, Blackeneddove, thank you for your contribution. It is the minor types (Champion, Rainbow, Stone etc) that do not have a first named colour that slip past, I think.

Metal uses light magic. Noticed when I fought him in the arena. ;-)
Sphinx uses air (yellow).

Didn't quite follow what you meant by "slip past" (I got super confused for some reason lol) but I hope this helps some.

Edit: Nevermind - I read it again & it made sense. ;)

DeeDe99
11-18-15, 03:04 PM
Blackeneddove, it wouldn't be the first time I've confused people! LOL

Strangely, I'm hardly using magic at all this tournament, just the opponents have been different or I am more conscious that I believe there is a different in the strike type so I am bashing more. Tournaments are not the time for testing theories, really, they are for winning!

DeeDe99
11-26-15, 11:33 PM
While not yet back in investigation mode as Dragon Tales is in full swing, I have noticed something interesting today.

I came up against our old friend Darksteel. He of the Metal/Black hybrid variety.

Type has no effect with Metal. Green and white are the first two strong colours against Black and the first weak colour is Yellow.

On the basis of Green/white, I gave Jigsaw an outing. Bash wasn't particularly effective, but Yellow magic literally sent Darksteel flying.

EDIT Dec 10 - I have since worked out that while the icon is yellow, the magic is indeed white! Rest of post left as original.

Firstly, why does Jigsaw use Yellow magic when he is Green White? Neither of those colours split as far as I am aware even though in the real world one mixes blue and yellow to make green. Secondly, why would magic of the weak colour be a crit strike? Very curious.

Yellow magic also sent Duchess to the floor the other day, but that was less surprising and it was Parakeet, who I would expect to have either yellow or green magic.

I am drawing no conclusions, just putting it out there for consideration.

DeeDe99
12-09-15, 05:06 PM
During the tournament I had a similar situation as described above with Triceratops (Dino type) and Maple. Yellow isn't given as strong (or weak) against Dino, yet Maple's yellow magic sent Triceratops flying.

Now, post-tournament, I've just had a repeat of the Darksteel situation described above. I've taken a screenshot, but having problems uploading it from the iPad, will try from the PC later. Yellow magic sent Darksteel flying. Again.

Edit: Here's the pic. This is after the yellow magic strike, before Jigsaw's third attack.

The component colours of metal are white and blue and yellow is strong against blue. However, yellow is also weak against black, Darksteel's second type.

It is as if Jigsaw has three colours: White, green and yellow.

If I get Darksteel again, I'll try bash, bash and see the difference.

Afterthought: I haven't noticed as I don't use white dragons often: do they all use yellow magic, is there no "white" magic? Diamonds use Diamond magic - at least that's what I've always interpreted it as, as the symbol is unique to the Diamonds. There are some that use totally clear (as in can't be seen) magic - BlackenedDove, is that what you were referring to re light magic?

Simdiva - do you have any thoughts on Jigsaw having yellow magic?

Later Edit - I have since worked out that while the icon is yellow, the magic is indeed white! See post 26. Rest of post left as original.

blackeneddove
12-09-15, 05:47 PM
This is all very interesting, DeeDe99. Yes, I believe...well, from what I remember - as I don't use my Light dragon very often, but I think it also uses the same magic as the Diamonds do. Which you call "diamond" magic, but I called it "Light magic". "White" magic is probably a better term.

So, to clarify, from what I remember the magic for Metal, Light, and Diamond dragons all looks the same.

blackeneddove
12-09-15, 05:52 PM
I will also add to the subject of the effectiveness of yellow magic, that my Camelot who is a Yellow/Red super rare always beats Gold-type dragons. Always. (Don't go messin' with my game now, TL!) And he wins using yellow magic. One or two magic attacks will always bring them down. I think there may have only been one time (during a tourney) where my Camelot didn't win out-right against a Gold-type.

That being said, the only "gold" type that he seems unable to beat is Sterling Silver. Which actually isn't gold. lol...Strange, huh? I usually have to pull out a different dragon for him, and I haven't came across him enough times to remember how I beat him.

DeeDe99
12-09-15, 05:55 PM
In the interests of science, I threw Banshee into the Arena - but he also uses yellow magic. I can't check Light specifically as she is on the breeding den, but I will later. I am pretty sure that the Diamond magic is for Diamonds only - I've never seen it on any other dragon that I recall.

Harvest uses yellow as well, but then he is a white/yellow dragon, so I wouldn't have thought anyone odd about that probably, however we can now say that Jigsaw, Banshee and Harvest, all dragons with White as their first colour/type, all use yellow magic.

I should clarify - when I say yellow magic I am looking at the colour of the icon, not the actual colour of the magic strike, which if Laserlight follows the above pattern, looks white on the screen. I just came up against him!

blackeneddove
12-09-15, 06:09 PM
It is as if Jigsaw has three colours: White, green and yellow.

From my experience, I can say some dragons have hidden colors. I first figured this out by way of one of my dear neighbors & mentors in the game telling me that I could get both a Large Pearl & a Large Emerald from trading a Dawntree dragon (who is only a Green super rare).

Have you ever noticed when you go to trade a super rare dragon, you will get gems in the colors attributed to the dragon? (Jigsaw for example would give you a Large Pearl & a Large Emerald, and most likely a "mystery box".)

If case you haven't traded anything yet, (though I'm sure you have ;) ) you can test this out by selecting a dragon to trade. It will tell you what gems you will get, and then ask you to press a "trade" confirmation button. You can always decide not to trade. ;)

I believe the hidden color you're referring to is the one contained in the "mystery box" when you trade dragons in the trading portal. Not every mystery box contains a gem, but most of them do.

I think there is a list of what gems you get for specific dragons (including what's in the mystery boxes)...somewhere... ;)

I bet if someone were to trade a Jigsaw they would get a Large Pearl, a Large Emerald, and a small topaz. Just my guess based on your observation of his yellow magic.

DeeDe99
12-09-15, 06:32 PM
I will also add to the subject of the effectiveness of yellow magic, that my Camelot who is a Yellow/Red super rare always beats Gold-type dragons. Always. (Don't go messin' with my game now, TL!) And he wins using yellow magic. One or two magic attacks will always bring them down. I think there may have only been one time (during a tourney) where my Camelot didn't win out-right against a Gold-type.

That being said, the only "gold" type that he seems unable to beat is Sterling Silver. Which actually isn't gold. lol...Strange, huh? I usually have to pull out a different dragon for him, and I haven't came across him enough times to remember how I beat him.

I'll have to try! I've only ever used Ms Diamond against the gold type dragons and she has 100% win rate against them as far as I recall - she may have lost once before she was level 15 - I really don't remember.

But on a similar vein, I don't recall Jigsaw ever losing against Darksteel. I always used to use magic more than bash, so I wouldn't have used a bbb attack sequence.

I am NOT planning on trading my Jigsaw to see if I get a small topaz! He's too special and cost me too darn much food to get to epic!

blackeneddove
12-09-15, 06:49 PM
I'll have to try! I've only ever used Ms Diamond against the gold type dragons and she has 100% win rate against them as far as I recall - she may have lost once before she was level 15 - I really don't remember.

But on a similar vein, I don't recall Jigsaw ever losing against Darksteel. I always used to use magic more than bash, so I wouldn't have used a bbb attack sequence.

I am NOT planning on trading my Jigsaw to see if I get a small topaz! He's too special and cost me too darn much food to get to epic!

LOL! I don't mean that you should trade yours.:cool: I only made that comment in case someone out there who happened to get more than one happened to trade theirs and could enlighten us. ;) I know many people get two dragons crafted out of arena battles, but I have never managed more than one. :rolleyes:

Also, mentioned it just to see if you get a "mystery box" pop-up. I bet you would. I think all the super rare dragons have three items you get for trading them. I would check my jigsaw, but he's still a baby. :o

blackeneddove
12-09-15, 07:09 PM
In the interests of science, I threw Banshee into the Arena - but he also uses yellow magic. I can't check Light specifically as she is on the breeding den, but I will later. I am pretty sure that the Diamond magic is for Diamonds only - I've never seen it on any other dragon that I recall.

Harvest uses yellow as well, but then he is a white/yellow dragon, so I wouldn't have thought anyone odd about that probably, however we can now say that Jigsaw, Banshee and Harvest, all dragons with White as their first colour/type, all use yellow magic.

Also "in the interests of science," I threw Banshee into the trading portal. I, of course, did not trade her. I had forgotten that rare dragons also get a "mystery box". Rares just get small gems attributed to their type instead of the large gems that the super rares get.

I would be willing to bet this mystery box is also a small Topaz.

Very interesting observations with the yellow magic. I wouldn't have thought to link it to a hidden type (and the mystery boxes' likelihood of holding that type) before this conversation.

I wonder why they wouldn't just make the dragon have "white" magic since that is it's first type? Very odd.

DeeDe99
12-09-15, 09:46 PM
BlackenedDove - my apologies! Further investigations have revealed that while Yellow and White have the same coloured icons (i.e. yellow) they are different shapes! So the White type has white magic which is white when thrown even though the icon is yellow and the Yellow types have yellow magic and a yellow icon, it is just a different shape.

The sun icon = light, being the logic of the developers, I assume! I had to put Air into the Arena to compare and once I was taking specific notice, of course the difference jumped out at me. I think the symbol of the Air magic is meant to be wind (makes sense) and the magic looks like tornadoes when thrown at the opponent - WHY it is yellow is anyone's guess!

Anyway, looks like we have 28 dragon types (including 3 Arctic Isles types) and only 10 magic types:

Red - looks like flames when thrown
Light - yellow icon but the bubbly white light when thrown
Black - just a big black cloud
Green - vines that climb on the opponent
Yellow - tornadoes when thrown
Pink - the swords
Purple - the musical notes
Blue - blue bubbles
Diamond - also white when thrown but spiky/sparkly
Invisible - we see nothing when the opponent throws it at our dragons - I THINK this was the Arctic dragons, will pay attention next time

I'm not sure how we need best take this into account when choosing our best dragon for a fight, but I do think it is important in some way.

I had been comparing DS strike types with those in Fantasy Forest Story, hoping to learn something. For those unfamiliar with FFS, there the animals seem to be only of one or two types, no tri-types as in DS. The strikes they have are very clearly one for each type of the animal - i.e. an earth/nature hybrid will have an earth strike and a nature strike, while a single type animal only has one strike type available for battle.

Yes, in DS we have a specific magic type, but the bash type has a generic icon (is it a paw?). This I've assumed to date to represent a physical strike calculated on the combined types of the dragon (points for strong colours minus points for any weak colour, level and rarity factors etc). I'm going to continue with that assumption, but pay particular attention to magic as a single type strike.

jagarjag
12-10-15, 03:36 AM

I totally agree with you! I blindly use my Firestorm (red/yellow though as oppose to camelot's yellow/red) against all the gold types. In fact, I use my Firestorm against ALL unknown types: arctic, metal, fairytale, zodiacs, mythic, cosmic...yeah...everything. The funny thing is my Firestorm does'nt work against sterling_silver either ! ! But I found that Landworm works everytime against sterling_silver.

Simdiva
12-10-15, 05:16 AM
All very interesting, I am about to do a trade on a crafted dragon and can tesr out the black red anyhow.

blackeneddove
12-10-15, 11:11 AM
BlackenedDove - my apologies! Further investigations have revealed that while Yellow and White have the same coloured icons (i.e. yellow) they are different shapes! So the White type has white magic which is white when thrown even though the icon is yellow and the Yellow types have yellow magic and a yellow icon, it is just a different shape.

The sun icon = light, being the logic of the developers, I assume! I had to put Air into the Arena to compare and once I was taking specific notice, of course the difference jumped out at me. I think the symbol of the Air magic is meant to be wind (makes sense) and the magic looks like tornadoes when thrown at the opponent - WHY it is yellow is anyone's guess!

Anyway, looks like we have 28 dragon types (including 3 Arctic Isles types) and only 9 magic types:

Red - looks like flames when thrown
Light - yellow icon but the bubbly white light when thrown
Green - vines that climb on the opponent
Yellow - tornadoes when thrown
Pink - the swords
Purple - the musical notes
Blue - blue bubbles
Diamond - also white when thrown but spiky/sparkly
Invisible - we see nothing when the opponent throws it at our dragons - I THINK this was the Arctic dragons, will pay attention next time

OH! LOL!!!! :D:D

When you said Jigsaw had yellow magic, I thought you meant he was throwing those yellow air tornadoes out!! LOL!!
I thought that was awfully strange.

So funny, DeeDe99.

Well, I guess there goes my educated guesses/reasoning as to why it could have "yellow" magic & the "mystery box" theory. Probably totally invalid now. :D

Now that you mention it, yes the diamond is the sparkly "white" magic, and Light magic is regular "white", with the sun icon because it is Light. (and Light comes from the sun ;) ) The sun icon just happens to be yellow, not the magic itself. ;)

I think the Metal dragon used the same type of sparkly white diamond magic like the Diamond dragons, but I will have to check to be sure. :)

Also, Champs use "black" magic, (So there are 10 magic types) and I believe you are right about the Arctic dragons, not that it matters much for us as players because we can't choose to use them to battle with.

Anyway, all this being said - Did your Jigsaw dragon use Light/White magic? Or did it really use the yellow magic even though it has the Light magic icon?

blackeneddove
12-10-15, 11:20 AM
I totally agree with you! I blindly use my Firestorm (red/yellow though as oppose to camelot's yellow/red) against all the gold types. In fact, I use my Firestorm against ALL unknown types: arctic, metal, fairytale, zodiacs, mythic, cosmic...yeah...everything. The funny thing is my Firestorm does'nt work against sterling_silver either ! ! But I found that Landworm works everytime against sterling_silver.

You know this is really funny. My Firestorm doesn't do well in battles on my island. Neither does my Landworm. But since you have that kind of result with your Firestorm and all the unknown types, I may just use my Camelot against all the unknowns too and see how he does. Also, where most people have success with Landworm, I have success with Forestfire (also Red/Green super rare) so I may just try him against Sterling Silver. Thanks so much for this info!! :D

jagarjag
12-10-15, 12:19 PM
You know this is really funny. My Firestorm doesn't do well in battles on my island. Neither does my Landworm. But since you have that kind of result with your Firestorm and all the unknown types, I may just use my Camelot against all the unknowns too and see how he does. Also, where most people have success with Landworm, I have success with Forestfire (also Red/Green super rare) so I may just try him against Sterling Silver. Thanks so much for this info!! :D

U r welcome! Would be nice to hear and compare ur findings...speaking of which..i also blindly use fuzzy against all diamond types except quetzal. What do u use?

I do have some champs and epics...but I almost never use champs in battle...in fact 99% of the time, I use firestorm, landworm, fuzzy, serpent and origami....they r my battlehorses!

DeeDe99
12-10-15, 02:39 PM
OH! LOL!!!! :D:D

When you said Jigsaw had yellow magic, I thought you meant he was throwing those yellow air tornadoes out!! LOL!!
I thought that was awfully strange.

So funny, DeeDe99.

Well, I guess there goes my educated guesses/reasoning as to why it could have "yellow" magic & the "mystery box" theory. Probably totally invalid now. :D

Now that you mention it, yes the diamond is the sparkly "white" magic, and Light magic is regular "white", with the sun icon because it is Light. (and Light comes from the sun ;) ) The sun icon just happens to be yellow, not the magic itself. ;)

I think the Metal dragon used the same type of sparkly white diamond magic like the Diamond dragons, but I will have to check to be sure. :)

Also, Champs use "black" magic, (So there are 10 magic types) and I believe you are right about the Arctic dragons, not that it matters much for us as players because we can't choose to use them to battle with.

Anyway, all this being said - Did your Jigsaw dragon use Light/White magic? Or did it really use the yellow magic even though it has the Light magic icon?

I had to type that post twice, and left black out of the second typing by mistake. Now added back in! I'd typed the post, then hit "reply" again by mistake. "Poof" went my post!

No, Jigsaw uses Light magic, now I know the difference! I'd only every paid attention to the colour of the icon! Not the actual magic being thrown!

I feel stupid! LOL But given there is no user manual for this game, have to work it out as we go!

DeeDe99
12-10-15, 02:44 PM
On a related note, came up against Triceratops again, used Maple as per the tournament result. She failed miserably this time around, but Fireflower KOed him with one bash.

blackeneddove
12-10-15, 06:09 PM
U r welcome! Would be nice to hear and compare ur findings...speaking of which..i also blindly use fuzzy against all diamond types except quetzal. What do u use?

I do have some champs and epics...but I almost never use champs in battle...in fact 99% of the time, I use firestorm, landworm, fuzzy, serpent and origami....they r my battlehorses!

Since I have diamonds now, I generally use diamonds against other diamond types. But before I bred my first diamond, I used (and still do) use Venetian against Mercury. He wins about 99% of the time. On the off chance he doesn't win I use Tricorn (they have the same colors), but I've only had to do this once that I can think of.

This is just against Mercury that I use Venetian. I honestly hadn't tried him against any other diamonds. I wonder how he would do... ?

I may try it some time! :D

That's super cool that you have such luck with your common dragons. I haven't found mine to do me much good, but honestly, I've never tried a fuzzy against a diamond that I can think of. I may have to try that, too. ;)

blackeneddove
12-10-15, 06:12 PM
I had to type that post twice, and left black out of the second typing by mistake. Now added back in! I'd typed the post, then hit "reply" again by mistake. "Poof" went my post!

No, Jigsaw uses Light magic, now I know the difference! I'd only every paid attention to the colour of the icon! Not the actual magic being thrown!

I feel stupid! LOL But given there is no user manual for this game, have to work it out as we go!

LOL! That's ok! And I didn't see your message to me until after I posted this, but I tried to respond and it said your messages were full anyway so I guess posting here was for the best. :)

Good to know Jigsaw has Light magic. I was starting to wonder if he had a glitch and actually used yellow magic. :D

blackeneddove
12-10-15, 06:14 PM
On a related note, came up against Triceratops again, used Maple as per the tournament result. She failed miserably this time around, but Fireflower KOed him with one bash.

This is weird. I wonder why that happened? Maybe Maple is all sapped out from the tourney! :D (bad joke, sorry) Consistency would be nice, though. Oh well...

DeeDe99
12-10-15, 07:09 PM
Yes, well, in the Venomous tournament I used Quetzal successfully against Cauldron but this morning he lost to Cauldron (a much lower level than the Tournament 20, too).

I also had Landworm lose to Spell this morning, where he has won easily in the past.

Must just not be my day in the Arena, today!

ragtagtwins
12-11-15, 12:31 AM
Interesting.

As an aside, I believe that Rainbow = Water magic (always). Not sure for Metal, but yes, the Champs always seem to use Black magic (at least they do when they're facing off against me - I've only now got a Champ evolving to Lvl 10 for the first time).

mystctattoo
12-11-15, 07:58 AM

I know that this is a bit different but if in a tournament I come up against something that I don't have much to use against and I check some neighbors walls for posted wins and say this particular opponent a lot of people beat with Maple lvl 13 and I try it I almost always lose!! My Maple has been "sapped" out so to speak since I got it!! I feel like there can be a little consistency to the battles but definitely not as much as there should be!! It is just far too random. I haven't been participating in tournaments for a really long time I never thought I had good enough dragons but I wanted a champ so the first tournament I participated in was Battlesteed or Chariot I can't remember which came first lol. I really seem to have the opposite type of results as have been talked about here. I usually use my champs in the first rounds but as the dragons get tougher I tend to use commons much more often. Baby fire is my first choice against a high level champ or diamond and then I will use fruitful both baby and lvl 3 and also lvl 3 Firestorm. I use all magic when battling with these but have never tested the bash out because for some reason I feel like magic on the young ones will be stronger. I feel a tournament coming today at reset but if not I will try to test out bash on the little ones to see the difference in the results.

I have always wondered if there really was a difference between bash and magic despite mods saying there isn't. So thank you for starting this thread. I think it will become very useful information

DeeDe99
12-12-15, 12:53 AM
Mystctattoo, thanks for finding it interesting. I am convinced there is a difference, I just haven't got to the bottom of the mystery yet. Very hard to test really, as we can't repeat the same battle over and over. But in time...... :)

jagarjag
12-12-15, 06:50 AM
I have always wondered if there really was a difference between bash and magic despite mods saying there isn't. So thank you for starting this thread. I think it will become very useful information

Untill very recently, I strongly disbeleived that there r any real difference between bash and magic : that as long as u choose the right dragon colour, the result will be the same; and that, it is merely a matter of personal style. I, for myself, used only bash all the time.

Since the last 4 weeks or so, I have been experimenting a lot with this. My conclusion is that: there ARE significant difference!!

On more than 5-6 occasions, I have used only bash (or only magic), got defeated, healed it and used the same dragon except, this time, with only magic (or only bash). And I won!!

I also found that, dragons having yellow, purple and light magics r apparently stronger in magic than in bash. I, particularly want to mention the magic power of Air. I am not a big fan of using single colours, but try it next time and u will be amazed.

What confused me most is that there seem to be great variation inbetween dragons too. The bash power of my Landworm is simply devastating: only a handfull of dragons can stand against it. But the magic attack of Landworm is like a f*rt in the wind, never works. Devil's (same red/green as Landworm ) magic on the other hand r much more effektive than its bash.

We need to investigate more. Will be interesting to compare ur findings.

blackeneddove
12-12-15, 10:44 AM
Untill very recently, I strongly disbeleived that there r any real difference between bash and magic : that as long as u choose the right dragon colour, the result will be the same; and that, it is merely a matter of personal style. I, for myself, used only bash all the time.

Since the last 4 weeks or so, I have been experimenting a lot with this. My conclusion is that: there ARE significant difference!!

On more than 5-6 occasions, I have used only bash (or only magic), got defeated, healed it and used the same dragon except, this time, with only magic (or only bash). And I won!!

I also found that, dragons having yellow, purple and light magics r apparently stronger in magic than in bash. I, particularly want to mention the magic power of Air. I am not a big fan of using single colours, but try it next time and u will be amazed.

What confused me most is that there seem to be great variation inbetween dragons too. The bash power of my Landworm is simply devastating: only a handfull of dragons can stand against it. But the magic attack of Landworm is like a f*rt in the wind, never works. Devil's (same red/green as Landworm ) magic on the other hand r much more effektive than its bash.

LOL!! I laughed so hard at this. Maybe that's why my landworm sucks in battle. ;);)

But I do feel the need to note what I found out regarding the dragons on my island. I will give one example:

My Shaman dragon (champion type) is very powerful in arena, but only if I use her attacks in this order: Magic, Bash, Bash. Now sometimes her first magic attack will be a critical hit, or even a KO (which always surprises me when it happens), but more often than not her magic doesn't take out too much damage. It's her second hit, the Bash attack that's usually the critical hit. And obviously if the second hit is definitely a critical one I could use whatever attack I want as my final, but I usually just use Bash anyway to finish them off.

I have tried using her Bash attack first and it just doesn't work. If I use Bash first she will lose. (Weird, huh?)
Sometimes she loses anyway, but that's just the nature of the game.

I have a few other dragons that way that I have made a mental note of (I believe ForestFire is one of them - being that I use his Magic first to attack and then Bash, but I'm still experimenting with him a bit) and many others I haven't paid close enough attention to or used often enough in battle to know their best attack pattern.

But my point is this: I feel like each dragon has a best attack pattern. At least there is one for my Shaman. I think we, as players, just have to experiment and figure out which attacks are most effective for each dragon.

mystctattoo
12-12-15, 02:16 PM

I do have an island with both a Devil and Landworm however my Devil is only a lvl 7 I think actually not really sure and my Landworm is lvl 10. Since my feelings of a tournament yesterday were wrong I will get Devil to 10 then will try out this theory to see what my results will be. I will report back my findings

mystctattoo
12-12-15, 02:21 PM

Also I really couldn't believe that there would be no difference in the 2 attack types. I mean if there wasn't a difference then why have the 2 at all? For looks or for us to feel like we have some kind of control over the outcome? I don't know but I appreciate you testing this out and for me at least it answers a question that I have been asking for a long time

DeeDe99
12-12-15, 02:55 PM
Also I really couldn't believe that there would be no difference in the 2 attack types. I mean if there wasn't a difference then why have the 2 at all?

Also one of my original discussion points on the two hit types. :)

DeeDe99
12-12-15, 05:47 PM
Along the lines of BlackenedDove and Jagarjag, I'll cite one example from my "testing", such as it is with no control over the next opponent! LOL

Loch Ness/Druid/Cornucopia - green/yellow (Loch Ness) and yellow/green (Druid) - see note ** below
Green STRONG: Red, Mythic, Dino, Gemstone, Royal, Champion, Soccer WEAK: Purple, Black, Stone
Yellow STRONG: Pink, Black, Cosmic, Zodiac, Champion WEAK: Red, Blue, Gold

(The red and black are highlighted as that is my convention for noting which "strong" colours to avoid on a cross match with the weak.)

I just faced Druid in the Arena. Lightning is the most senior pink dragon I have, but of course he is pink/yellow. Yellow as a colour isn't mentioned in the strengths and weaknesses of green. I find that using Lightning's pink magic is usually a crit here. Now in the last tournament, I put Unicorn (Diamond/pink) in against Cornucopia, but Unicorn uses Diamond magic. Unicorn lost, although I can't remember what my attack sequence was and didn't note it down. Cupcake, another with pink magic, won in the tournament (I didn't use Lightning as the opponent was only a level 5).

** I am not yet confident the order of the colours (green/yellow or yellow/green) indicates anything other than what magic the dragon will use. It MAY indicate type strength within the dragon, but I'm not seeing the evidence yet. But it may, as of course in this case, yellow is the first colour of Druid and pink is the strongest against yellow. So I hit Druid's strongest with the strongest against. Had he been Loch Ness, would the result have been the same? Looking back, the last time I faced Loch Ness I used bmm which tells me the magic was stronger than the bash because I repeated the magic strike.

DeeDe99
12-12-15, 08:13 PM
However - to COMPLETELY confuse the issue, Warrior Prince used black magic to knock out Triple Rainbow. Black is weak against rainbow:

Triple Rainbow
Rainbow STRONG: Mythic, Gold, Fairytale, Champion WEAK: Blue, White, Black, Tropic, Metal
Pink STRONG: Black, Gold, Fairytale, Gemstone, Champion, Soccer WEAK: Yellow, Purple, Mythic, Royal
Purple STRONG: Green, Pink, Gold, Zodiac, Royal, Champion WEAK: Blue, White, Cosmic, Soccer

Maybe when black magic is used by a Champion it is special black magic......

groovyedwin
12-13-15, 02:39 AM
There seems to be differences between islands. One dragon may work for a person but it may not work for someone else.

MrsBlenkensop
12-13-15, 06:19 AM
I don't record my battles and only use the calculator when i feel really stuck... and my "hunches," based on results over time, are that:

you're definitely fighting the dominant, first, or "magic" color.

while there are colors to try and to avoid listed on the wiki, which is awwesome, usually one of the first two is their real weakness and needs to be first.

example: light dominant dragons are weak to blue or purple, so i use a blue-purple or purple-blue (coral OR dark phoenix) based on secondary color of opponent... lorekeeper is white-green, but instead of choosing blue OR purple and trying to work red in to fight the green, i would do... mistmoth actually, which is purple-blue, super rare, also fully evolved on my island and likely to obfuscate history, sorta anti-lorekeeper. which brings me to another hunch,

considering what each dragon is "about" is helpful in choosing your battler, and i would even say each dragon may have a kryptonite... black diamond falls for royal. godmother knocks out prince charming...

last, mixing bash & magic often works best, but certain opponents must be bashed down or magiced out.

just my thoughts, FWIW.

blackeneddove
12-13-15, 12:42 PM
However - to COMPLETELY confuse the issue, Warrior Prince used black magic to knock out Triple Rainbow. Black is weak against rainbow:

Triple Rainbow
Rainbow STRONG: Mythic, Gold, Fairytale, Champion WEAK: Blue, White, Black, Tropic, Metal
Pink STRONG: Black, Gold, Fairytale, Gemstone, Champion, Soccer WEAK: Yellow, Purple, Mythic, Royal
Purple STRONG: Green, Pink, Gold, Zodiac, Royal, Champion WEAK: Blue, White, Cosmic, Soccer

Maybe when black magic is used by a Champion it is special black magic......

Hmm... Yes. I'm with you on this. Since Champion types are strong against rainbow, it may just be that the Champion "black" magic is special, or possibly canceled out because of the Pink element of Triple Rainbow which Black is strong against.

Or it could just be that being a Champion type was enough (since Champion is strong against all three types within Triple rainbow) and the "black" magic had nothing to do with the magic hit succeeding.

It would be interesting to see if Warrior Prince could beat Triple Rainbow again with just a Bash attack.

blackeneddove
12-13-15, 12:57 PM
I don't record my battles and only use the calculator when i feel really stuck... and my "hunches," based on results over time, are that:

considering what each dragon is "about" is helpful in choosing your battler, and i would even say each dragon may have a kryptonite... black diamond falls for royal. godmother knocks out prince charming...

last, mixing bash & magic often works best, but certain opponents must be bashed down or magiced out.

just my thoughts, FWIW.

All very good points, but I just quoted what I wanted to comment on most.

I definitely agree with this, because I noticed certain champion dragons will beat other dragons whereas other Champions will fail. One example for my island being Pride dragon & Fairy dragon.

I have tried a few different Champion dragons on them (Shaman is my go-to, because she's leveled the highest at 14), but she always loses to these two. However, my Warrior King (only level 10) always wins. It may also be because I use him with a Bash attack first, and Shaman with a Magic attack. I may try again with Shaman using Bash on them, but I have found her to be unsuccessful using Bash first which is why I don't.
I will also note that I haven't tried her using Bash attack first since leveling her over level 10, so maybe this has changed.

Anyway, I will say I agree because it seems like a King dragon would be "Kryptonite" for certain types. And I do believe it seems this is true for other dragons having a "kryptonite" (or opposite) that could take them down better than others regardless of their type.

One other example along this line:

I mentioned before that my Landworm dragon is lame. BUT- the only dragon my Landworm has beaten successfully is Zombie. (Worms eat Zombies. lol) ForestFire did not hurt it, and usually my Forestfire is awesome.

But again, I will say it may be because I used Bash with Landworm against Zombie as a first attack, and with ForestFire I used Magic first.

So, I also agree that either some dragons just need to be Bashed (Zombie/Pride, etc.) OR it's that the dragon doing the action (i.e. Warrior King) has certain attacks that are more successful for them.

It's probably a combination of both, but with a lot of careful observation maybe we can figure it out! ;)

DeeDe99
12-13-15, 03:02 PM
I noticed certain champion dragons will beat other dragons whereas other Champions will fail.

I have five Champions, but only Warrior Prince and Gilded Knight are epic - the others are all still babies. I've noticed the same thing, but with only two, I'm not sure my observations are valid yet. Plus last tournament I hardly used them at all and when it is not a tournament I am using every battle as a research opportunity so only use the Champs if I get a real problem opponent - which isn't too often. I even managed to dispose of Black Swan (one tough cookie, that one) using Ghost Armor - in fact a champ failed, but I forget which one (I was playing in bed, didn't record).

mystctattoo
12-15-15, 09:00 AM
I forgot to mention in my post below that all of the champs referred to are at the same lvl

I have a few Champs but I seem to always go with Battlesteed but lately I have been putting my Rose Knight to work a bit more and have found it to work on occasions where my Battlesteed has failed. However my Chatiot is just a wimp not even deserving of the title of champion in my opinion. I have found through reading these posts and visiting neighbors during a tournament to see wins that a dragon can be one persons go to and mine couldn't win against anything. Now the thought that there really is a difference between bash and magic could maybe explain it but I'm not too sure on that one since I can't remember everyone's sequence of attack. I for whatever reason seem to start with bash then magic if necessary and go from there if another hit is required. I know we will be having a tournament soon for the Black Ice dragon so I will take some notes during it and maybe try to compile a list of the sequence that people use with a particular dragon and see if one or the other is dominant among players with that specific dragon. Otherwise I have no possible answer as to why a dragon will consistently work for someone but won't work at all for me. I know there is a randomness to it all but there has to be some reason for such a difference just like as mentioned above with the Landworm only able to take out Zombie while my Landworm is a beast in the arena and is probably exhausted after a tournament.

blackeneddove
12-16-15, 09:16 AM
All very good points, but I just quoted what I wanted to comment on most.

I definitely agree with this, because I noticed certain champion dragons will beat other dragons whereas other Champions will fail. One example for my island being Pride dragon & Fairy dragon.

I have tried a few different Champion dragons on them (Shaman is my go-to, because she's leveled the highest at 14), but she always loses to these two. However, my Warrior King (only level 10) always wins. It may also be because I use him with a Bash attack first, and Shaman with a Magic attack. I may try again with Shaman using Bash on them, but I have found her to be unsuccessful using Bash first which is why I don't.
I will also note that I haven't tried her using Bash attack first since leveling her over level 10, so maybe this has changed.

Anyway, I will say I agree because it seems like a King dragon would be "Kryptonite" for certain types. And I do believe it seems this is true for other dragons having a "kryptonite" (or opposite) that could take them down better than others regardless of their type.

One other example along this line:

I mentioned before that my Landworm dragon is lame. BUT- the only dragon my Landworm has beaten successfully is Zombie. (Worms eat Zombies. lol) ForestFire did not hurt it, and usually my Forestfire is awesome.

But again, I will say it may be because I used Bash with Landworm against Zombie as a first attack, and with ForestFire I used Magic first.

So, I also agree that either some dragons just need to be Bashed (Zombie/Pride, etc.) OR it's that the dragon doing the action (i.e. Warrior King) has certain attacks that are more successful for them.

It's probably a combination of both, but with a lot of careful observation maybe we can figure it out! ;)

Ok, so now that there is a new craft dragon in arena I've been battling again. I've already done my first experiment.

I used Shaman (still level 14) against a level 13 Stone dragon. I used her normal Magic/Bash/Bash pattern that I decided was most effective for her. She lost.

I waited 2 hrs and tried her again, to test her Bash at her higher level. I used Bash/Bash/Magic and she won. The 2nd Bash was the critical hit.

Now, I can't remember Shaman ever winning before using Bash attack first, but again, this is the first time I've used it since leveling her past 10.

Personally, I believe that Stone dragon just needed to be Bashed out, and that Magic is less effective on him (because he's made of stone. lol)

mystctattoo
12-16-15, 10:41 AM
Personally, I believe that Stone dragon just needed to be Bashed out, and that Magic is less effective on him (because he's made of stone. lol)

I actually use that type of philosophy as well when I battle things that appear to have armor then I will use magic only because you can't bash armor!! Am I right lol

DeeDe99
12-16-15, 03:55 PM
I've just been facing Golem (Stone) and using it as a test run because I don't yet have a high level dragon with green as the first colour (Landworm is red/green), would you believe, other than Forest (and he lost resoundingly, as per usual on my island).

However, I've been having an interesting experiment with Cupcake, which goes against my own theories, as far as I can tell.

I keep getting Trojan in the arena.

Trojan
Strong Against
Weak Against

Mythic
White, Pink, Fairytale, Dino, Champion
Green, Rainbow, Zodiac, Tropic, Egypt

Black
Green, White, Cosmic, Rainbow, Royal, Champion, Egypt
Yellow, Pink, Fairytale, Gemstone

According to the colour cross matching I have been doing, Cupcake wouldn't be a great choice as can be seen above - pink and green are both cancelled out. Yet at only level 7 she has beaten an Epic Trojan twice now, with pink magic both times.

Maybe the cross matched colours/types become neutral. I have no idea!

DeeDe99
12-16-15, 03:56 PM
I actually use that type of philosophy as well when I battle things that appear to have armor then I will use magic only because you can't bash armor!! Am I right lol

I admit I'm inclined to do similar!

pernmagic
12-17-15, 03:11 AM
I go along with that ..... Also if my champ or L15 is Magic based then magic seems to work best most times but lately I'm finding my L15 RS is getting more expert with magic and often use b m m with success .... Guess all our dragon kids have to learn given opportunities or we learn how to get the best out of them :) :)
Even my good highlander is getting good with both b and m , seldom lets me down ....

blackeneddove
12-17-15, 08:22 AM

Yep...lol! Exactly. Another thing I do is this: Use dragons that are based on the same dragon base. Let me give another example.

I was doing some more experimenting along the lines of "some champions win where other champions will lose", with my Shaman (of course) because she's the champ I usually use Magic with as a first attack, and is my highest level champ at 14.

My most recent opponent was a level 12 Castle Dragon. (Ha! DeeDe99 - He must have heard us talking about him being sad looking in the other thread...)

Anyway, I used my Shaman's normal attack pattern as the first test (mbb) even though in the back of my mind I'm thinking: She can't beat him. Not with magic. Castle needs to be Bashed. It's a Castle! (Made of stones, so yeah...)

Of course, Shaman loses. Fast Forward 2 hrs & I try her again using Bash first this time. Nope. She loses again. At this point, I shift my thinking back to "Well, a Shaman can't beat a Castle. Duh. It's a Shaman! I need a King or something to take down a Castle..." (lol)

So, Try #3 - I use my Level 10 Warrior King. I attack... Bash! Bash! ...uh...? Magic? Nope. Castle is still standing.

At this point I switch my thinking. What do I do when I what I think should win (i.e. - Champions) don't win? I pick a dragon that has a high chance to win which LOOKS like my opponent. (Same Base)

So, Try #4 - I use my Level 10 Quicksilver. One Bash. KO. (Total shock! But not really lol :rolleyes:) So even though Quicksilver doesn't seem like a "kryptonite" type dragon, it totally worked.

Now, if only I could get to this point with one try on each opponent! :cool:

blackeneddove
12-17-15, 04:35 PM
At this point I switch my thinking. What do I do when I what I think should win (i.e. - Champions) don't win? I pick a dragon that has a high chance to win which LOOKS like my opponent. (Same Base)

This doesn't always work. Mistmoth 10 < Bluemoon 14, no matter what attack I started with. Tried a maxed Portal dragon, too. Nope.
Shaman Magic KO'd him.

*sigh* I guess maybe it IS all random?? Starting to doubt all the research we've been doing...

DeeDe99
12-17-15, 05:10 PM
This doesn't always work. Mistmoth 10 < Bluemoon 14, no matter what attack I started with. Tried a maxed Portal dragon, too. Nope.
Shaman Magic KO'd him.

*sigh* I guess maybe it IS all random?? Starting to doubt all the research we've been doing...

There is definitely a randomness factor, I think, but it only part of the story. I believe if we maximise all the other variables, we can minimise the mathematical impact of the randomness variable. I do believe battles are formula driven, it is a computer after all, but I think the formula is "tricky"!

I DO think there is a difference between tournament and non-tournament battles. Sometimes I've easily beaten a level 20 in a tournament, but struggle with the same dragon at level 14 outside the tournament. I do think tournaments are stacked in the players' favour, otherwise we'd never beat level 20 dragons at all!

DeeDe99
12-17-15, 05:15 PM
Oh, and I may have said this before, can't remember, I view Champions as an "all-rounder". They are, I think, for use when we don't have a suitable (I.e. We need a green/blue Super Rare level 10 but don't have one) non-Champ to take into the Arena.

I have NO explanation for those islands where their Fire, Forest and Air win against everything all the time. Mine never do and I have been trying them out in this non-tournament time!

pernmagic
12-18-15, 03:25 AM
I have NO explanation for those islands where their Fire, Forest and Air win against everything all the time. Mine never do and I have been trying them out in this non-tournament time!

Same for me the simple commons never work for me ....... But I am finding my RS , champ + rainbow , is becoming s****ed with magic as well as bash and my highlander is doing the same

But for me the tournaments are much more difficult to win consistently then the crafting battles regardless of the opponent

DeeDe99
12-18-15, 06:09 PM
Noticed this morning the Gold type dragons use the same magic as the Diamonds. Faced Sterling Silver and he is one tough combatant! Only Gold dragon to have sent Ms Diamond to the spa.

blackeneddove
12-18-15, 08:42 PM
Faced Pterodactyl today. It used green magic. (I would guess all the Dino types do?)

DeeDe99
12-19-15, 01:03 AM
OK, Caretakers Extraordinaire, here is something else to ponder.

You know that Fruitful dragon, the one we've all cursed roundly and soundly while trying for Present? I got him in the Arena today. I think he was level 13 - 13 or 14, can't recall now. It is SUPER super hot here today so the brain is heat affected.

My usual soldier against Fruitful is Watermelon, but today I sent in Lightning, just "because".

Lightning lost. As did Gilded Knight, actually, but that is neither here nor there really.

I sent Watermelon in and one bash, KO.

Both Watermelon and Lighting are Super Rare, both have pink as the "primary" colour/type.

Our Fruitful friend is yellow/green, so I am wondering if in using Watermelon the green was neutralised and the pink attacked Fruitful's primary yellow.

With Lightning, the green of Fruitful was not counteracted at all.

Lightning is Level 11, Watermelon Level 10 on my island.

Just more food for thought.

blackeneddove
01-04-16, 12:48 PM
Yep...lol! Exactly. Another thing I do is this: Use dragons that are based on the same dragon base. Let me give another example.

I was doing some more experimenting along the lines of "some champions win where other champions will lose", with my Shaman (of course) because she's the champ I usually use Magic with as a first attack, and is my highest level champ at 14.

My most recent opponent was a level 12 Castle Dragon. (Ha! DeeDe99 - He must have heard us talking about him being sad looking in the other thread...)

Anyway, I used my Shaman's normal attack pattern as the first test (mbb) even though in the back of my mind I'm thinking: She can't beat him. Not with magic. Castle needs to be Bashed. It's a Castle! (Made of stones, so yeah...)

Of course, Shaman loses. Fast Forward 2 hrs & I try her again using Bash first this time. Nope. She loses again. At this point, I shift my thinking back to "Well, a Shaman can't beat a Castle. Duh. It's a Shaman! I need a King or something to take down a Castle..." (lol)

So, Try #3 - I use my Level 10 Warrior King. I attack... Bash! Bash! ...uh...? Magic? Nope. Castle is still standing.

So, Try #4 - I use my Level 10 Quicksilver. One Bash. KO. (Total shock! But not really lol :rolleyes:) So even though Quicksilver doesn't seem like a "kryptonite" type dragon, it totally worked.

Now, if only I could get to this point with one try on each opponent! :cool:

Ok. So I have decided it's mainly random. I have leveled my Shaman to 15. I just used her against a Level 14 Castle this time. One Magic attack KO.

It's official. My research has ended. lol

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 03:36 PM
I've completely revamped my recording method for my battle results, so it is going to take me some time before I have the data to be able to draw any conclusions whatsoever.

There are times when I think I see a pattern, then something will happen that completely blows that observation out of the water! LOL

You may well be right BlackenedDove. It is still driving me nuts though. I went through the Avalanche tournament using mainly magic, this last tournament was predominantly bash, the one in between a reasonable mixture.

I have another thought, slightly unrelated, but you might be interested - have you every noticed the tournaments seem to have a colour theme? As in, one tournament our dragons need to be say, green purple and in another yellow reds will be the victorious ones. I really have NOT tried to track that at all, it was just a thought I had this last tournament since Nouveau got a real outing, plus Night Imp and Frightmare - all contain blue. It was like a pink blue tournament as the others were Lightning and Beauty with the odd Parakeet and Quetzal thrown in for variety.

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 04:12 PM
I do know that I use Beast against Hercules. If I use magic, it does virtually nothing, yet bash is always a KO or nearly a KO.

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 06:30 PM
BlackenedDove, what I THINK I've noticed is there does seem to be a tendancy (EXCLUDING CHAMPS) for magic to work best when the magic of the player's dragon is attacking the primary colour of the opponent dragon.

Take Balloon as an example - pink/green. If I use Maple (yellow/red), the yellow magic is effective. If I use Garnet (gemstone/red), bash is the effective strike. With Garnet, both the types are only against the green of Balloon, whereas Maple's yellow magic attacks Balloon's pink specifically. Maybe.

I excluded Champions because they are just, well, strong against everything anyway, whereas others are not.

With Castle it is interesting, because only one type, Royal, against which black is weak and Champs use black magic - but in your case at level 15 you had both a level and a rarity advantage - the problem is we can't do "ceteris paribus" tests on this stuff! LOL

blackeneddove
01-07-16, 10:28 PM
Idk anything anymore. But what I do know is that I'm not airing anymore of my "secrets" here. Remember my Camelot who was my "go-to" for gold-types? Well, now he doesn't win anymore. He never lost against them until I posted here about how he never lost. Now he's lost twice. I guess I can't be angry or complain about it. I knew deep down that TL or S8 or whatever they are calling themselves these days would see my post and take his fighting s****s away (which is why I mentioned in the post for them not to! :rolleyes: )... oh well. Just stating what has happened since I posted it. Sadly, will no longer be posting any type of "revelations" here for all to see. I guess if I ever find anymore (which I somehow doubt) I will have to keep them to myself.

Good luck to you all in your battle experiments!

DeeDe99
01-07-16, 10:55 PM
BlackenedDove, I am sure, really, really sure than S8 have bigger things to worry about than taking away Camelot's fighting s****s. I'm sure you just got a couple of bad dice rolls in a row and Camelot WILL rise to the challenge once more!

Irrespective of any theories we might think of or experiment with, we always have to remember we are reasonably sure there IS a randomness factor in there.

I had Nouveau lose out of the blue against something she always wins against. I just shrug and say "Well, that was my turn for the unlucky dice throw".

My Lightning always beats Dark Phoenix and Comet. But I expect that the more he wins, the closer we get to the day he will lose. That's just the probability laws at work!

blackeneddove
01-08-16, 11:25 AM
BlackenedDove, I am sure, really, really sure than S8 have bigger things to worry about than taking away Camelot's fighting s****s. I'm sure you just got a couple of bad dice rolls in a row and Camelot WILL rise to the challenge once more!

Irrespective of any theories we might think of or experiment with, we always have to remember we are reasonably sure there IS a randomness factor in there.

I had Nouveau lose out of the blue against something she always wins against. I just shrug and say "Well, that was my turn for the unlucky dice throw".

My Lightning always beats Dark Phoenix and Comet. But I expect that the more he wins, the closer we get to the day he will lose. That's just the probability laws at work!

Haha - if you say so. I suppose you could be right. BUT that still doesn't change the way I feel, illogical or otherwise.