PDA

View Full Version : how long have you been playing CS?

parlski
11-07-15, 06:56 AM
I had just realized this month (November 2015) it has been three years playing Castle Story.
given the occasional aggravations, I still try to play twice daily.

twinkletoes12348
11-07-15, 09:48 AM
Not nearly as long as you! :) Only since May this year.

burritosprings
11-07-15, 10:33 AM
There are 2 distinct timelines for players... I call it the Love Shack Paradigm.. Pre Love Shack or I prefer to call them the "Chosen Ones" and they fall in PLS - Pre Love Shack. The second group is also called PLS for only one reason cause it is this group that are always saying.. PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS!!!!! bring back the Love Shack!!!!!

PS. PLS CS bring back the Love Shack!

mina_32
11-07-15, 11:22 AM
Started in either May or early June. Don't quite remember. :)

crystiesc
11-07-15, 11:28 AM
I started when the love shack quests were starting.

I was playing a hidden images game and only downloaded CS for free gems. Then that game never got updated, so eventually I deleted it. I still love CS and only once took a several month hiatus for personal reasons. Missed cool new dragons, a bountiful table, the winter bakery, and the haunted mansion, too!

ShibuyaCloth
11-07-15, 12:07 PM
*Brush of the dust*

Ahem... Nearly since the game was released...

parlski
11-07-15, 01:50 PM
*Brush of the dust*

Ahem... Nearly since the game was released...

:D lol I came here via farm story (after many years there) for the gems. this was truly the only game I stuck with as I do enjoy the quests.
even though sometimes, they are a bit ridiculous...

I think more main storyline quests are needed. *ahem. after the holiday quests of course :D

ShibuyaCloth
11-07-15, 03:14 PM
I think more main storyline quests are needed. *ahem. after the holiday quests of course :D

Next will be Xmas!

ladyperidot
11-07-15, 05:43 PM
13 months

zoeee87
11-08-15, 06:00 PM
I've been playing since the beginning. Kinda crazy to think it's been 3 years.

labsandboxers
11-12-15, 05:58 AM
I'm a love shacker

starcontrol
11-12-15, 10:08 AM
Missed the sweet cream. But I started before Thurston, Sabina, and the Love Shack. If I didn't have so much time and money invested in my kingdom I probably would have quit after this latest debacle -- but I do, so I didn't.

fluffybutter007
11-12-15, 11:23 AM
Started about a month after release. Been playing religiously everyday aside from a two-week vacation this summer from CS (was starting to feel burned out).

amerirish
11-12-15, 11:56 AM
Two years and one month ago. It was the first app I installed on my first iPhone :) my friend would show me her game on her iPad and I desperately wanted to play but at the time only had a Kindle.

jbfps116
11-12-15, 06:52 PM
I started playing I THINK summer 2013, just in time for the pyre tent event.

roguebee
11-12-15, 08:39 PM
About this time 2 years ago. I remember receiving hot chocolate from my farmhouses until I was maxed out of it and having absolutely no idea what I could use it for. Sometime later I discovered the forum.

dipwid
11-12-15, 08:47 PM
I think I started in march. I am a PMS player. Er, I mean PLS. After love shack. But the first acronym fits after certain events.

Sandybellee
11-14-15, 03:13 AM
I only started playing summer 2015 as a goal game from another game. Bummed about having missed out on all the good rewards.

I like the story aspect of the game but will not be investing any real money or even too much time into it after the recent cesspool incident. That one left me feeling like the game owes me big time!

BahSunFarms
11-14-15, 06:35 AM
I started around March of this year.

belbar22
11-14-15, 07:12 AM
I started just after the love shack. Feels like I have been playing for ever.

Chaotarch
11-14-15, 08:18 AM
I started just after the love shack. Feels like I have been playing for ever.

me too:rolleyes:

rulerofjennyville
11-15-15, 08:16 AM
About a year. I wasn't around for the Love Shack/St. Patrick's Day or Reindeer storylines so I didn't get any of those. Hopefully they will do them again. I particularly like the Love Shacks and the Reindeer ones.

eva178
11-15-15, 10:42 AM
I'm playing since the beginning of the valentines edition..... And still addicted

kellbell710
11-15-15, 05:40 PM
I started playing a year ago. The bountiful table was my first event. It was so much fun back then; not so much anymore. After the essence pond, I don't know if I will participate in any more events. I am skipping the turkey one for sure.

willskymom
11-16-15, 05:21 PM
I've been playing for 3 yrs now. cant believe it's been that long. It's the only game that I have stuck with this long !! Am patiently waiting to get down to the golden gazebo and unlock it at the bottom of the kingdom !!

enaid03
11-16-15, 05:33 PM
Since it was available in the US market.

Still a daily player, even through The TL drought of updates.

Still like the game, just wish it would return to the original grandeur.

DeeDeeBird70
11-16-15, 07:43 PM
I've been playing since February 2013. Downloaded the special Valentine edition as a goal in another game. I don't remember which one. I was disappointed when that version was discontinued. I loved the pink and purple trees. We may get frustrated by some of the quests, but I remember the long months when there were not any goals to work on.

nessa005
11-16-15, 10:19 PM
I started after the Love Shack...wish I had one! I have no quests left. I really, really, really want CS to continue with the story,! I'm so bored with monster bashing and silly dressed up animals and " orphanages" that have nothing to to with the story. Please, please, please continue the story line......or I'm gone...done....out...finished...done...it's over

BiggerBubbles
11-16-15, 11:01 PM
I have been playing since October 12 I believe. Think I got the goal to download from bakery story or something like that. I like this as it is more of an adventure game, which is why I was disappointed they didn't continue Wonderland as I think they produce too many games that are similar and CS & Wonderland were different. Took me 200 adventures to get my very first Alicorn, whereas my friend got one on her 1st adventure. I could have gemmed it, but I wanted the game to give it to me. Not sure how many I have now. Always wonder what Friday's update will bring!

my2place
11-17-15, 07:28 AM
Since July 2014 - downloaded it for the gem reward in Home Design Story. Ended up becoming addicted to CS, and now HDS is the one on the back burner :) Wish I had the love shack, but glad that I got in when I did - was able to get the Cauldron last Halloween and the Bountiful Table last Thanksgiving, my 2 favorite things! Found the forum a month or two after I started playing, don't know what I'd do without it!

Maja_Madagaskar
11-18-15, 10:12 AM
I am a newbie - I want the gold for dragonstory - I don't want to play am castle (barbie-game) - but that is my replacement - for fantasy forest and my girl is not a princess -
I wait for CS2 - in my language? - or imagery? - I always put the button >skip all
removed outside link (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?187281-Maja_Madagaskar)

Tastyfood134
11-18-15, 10:13 AM
I've been playing since March 2013 I think, before the love shack was discontinued. I had the option to buy it but hated the name and color. Hence, my one and only bought Ali! How was I to know the love shack was used to craft those? �� The quest to buy it, along with some related quests is still in my quest book, a daily reminder of my buttheadededness, lol!

PinkEquinox
11-18-15, 12:31 PM
I started in 2013, but seemed to take breaks or didn't have enough time or inventory to finish all the good timed quest. When I saw the rewards I thought I won't miss out next time lol. So this Halloween I worked my butt off before the additional dirt pudding drops were added, thinking it would compare to older Holiday goal rewards :( so I was defiantly disappointed :(

parlski
11-19-15, 04:03 AM
Missed the sweet cream. But I started before Thurston, Sabina, and the Love Shack. If I didn't have so much time and money invested in my kingdom I probably would have quit after this latest debacle -- but I do, so I didn't.

this got me thinking. I too started before thurston, etc. according to the games version history, seems I started closer to September 2012 :|
dang, I missed my own anniversary!

Liloze
11-21-15, 11:56 AM
There are 2 distinct timelines for players... I call it the Love Shack Paradigm.. Pre Love Shack or I prefer to call them the "Chosen Ones" and they fall in PLS - Pre Love Shack. The second group is also called PLS for only one reason cause it is this group that are always saying.. PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS!!!!! bring back the Love Shack!!!!!

LOL Absolutely true :D
I am one of the PLS "Please ...Love Shack" ( or ) POST Love Shack lol
I downloaded it for free gems I think the game was Home Design Story...which I check now once a week lol
I am playing Castle Story since April 2013, ( Daily, multiple times a day)
and joined the forum in July 2013.

It hurts that I was ...this close to the LS ....yet so far ...

PS. S8 You brought back so many things... PLEASE BRING BACK THE LOVE SHACK...
woow it sounds like a song :p lol

Blanche_Lady
11-21-15, 12:33 PM

i started to get gems in Bakery Story, game i think it was because it got boring that i stopped playing, I have the love shack, so i think i started just when it was released because ir remember that things were added to the expansions, always wanted to know the one in the far bottom right was/will be for, i remember it was added with some other characters (sorry i never found this answer in the forums).

I quote you burritosprings because i have the Love Shack, and always understood the feeling of this situation being unfair, but now that i do not have ios anymore (started on my ipod touch and is no longer possible to play in this devise) i think its been almost a year and a half playing with Andrioid and i feel so angry now that i miss so many things!! and i feel it is so unfair.

Sorry guys needed to vent. I have been playing for so long, (only stopped because of vacations (10 days) without internet in Cuba few years ago) and lately i have been missing so much its very sad, for me its worse than not having the Love Shack, but it is hard to be objective since i have one.

estelle_desir
11-23-15, 01:28 AM
Since the beginning = 3 YEARS !

rulerofjennyville
11-25-15, 11:57 AM
I've been playing for 3 yrs now. cant believe it's been that long. It's the only game that I have stuck with this long !! Am patiently waiting to get down to the golden gazebo and unlock it at the bottom of the kingdom !!

It would be great if the lorelei gem from the recent quest were somehow tied to that.

aiyoosha
11-26-15, 11:39 AM
since wednesday for gems, its a nice game but i hate running out of energy. if i had energy all the time id play it forever its a fun ggame

wyly
11-26-15, 10:22 PM
I have been playing since a full load of energy was 20 ⚡️

janddolphins
11-27-15, 09:16 PM
I am most definitely a PLS PLS PLS as in post love shack. If my memory serves me right I started playing May 2013 so also sooooo close yet so far. I keep hope as they have brought back other events. This is by far my favorite S8 game and the one I play the most. I have other non S8 games that come in a close second followed by a few other S8s.

The game has had its ups and downs but I feel committed to stick with it and unless something big were to happen where I know no longer enjoyed playing I anticipate playing as long as the game is up

ps....PLS PLS PLS lol

Gardienn
11-27-15, 10:45 PM
I started after the sweet cream, before the Love Shack, so pretty much in the beginning. It was the first year of CS.

Gardienn
11-27-15, 10:49 PM
I have been playing since a full load of energy was 20 ⚡️

Oh man, YEEEEESSSS! That was a nightmare. And then if you got energy from somewhere it wouldn't let you have more than 20. Ugh. They did right in releasing that limitation.

janddolphins
11-27-15, 11:31 PM
I started after the sweet cream, before the Love Shack, so pretty much in the beginning. It was the first year of CS.

Sweet Cream must have been one of the very first events, until this thread I never even heard of it, tomorrow I will have to try and find it here on the forum!

rulerofjennyville
11-28-15, 08:09 AM
I am most definitely a PLS PLS PLS as in post love shack. If my memory serves me right I started playing May 2013 so also sooooo close yet so far. I keep hope as they have brought back other events. This is by far my favorite S8 game and the one I play the most. I have other non S8 games that come in a close second followed by a few other S8s.

The game has had its ups and downs but I feel committed to stick with it and unless something big were to happen where I know no longer enjoyed playing I anticipate playing as long as the game is up

ps....PLS PLS PLS lol

When I asked about quests from the old timers and they were saying quests that have been brought back I had everything animal wise but the pink alicorn. So I'd like a plug for both. I'm going to try to save up gems/supplies and have extra buildings to collect from by Valentine's day in case they bring back these items.

Gardienn
11-28-15, 10:22 PM
When I asked about quests from the old timers and they were saying quests that have been brought back I had everything animal wise but the pink alicorn. So I'd like a plug for both. I'm going to try to save up gems/supplies and have extra buildings to collect from by Valentine's day in case they bring back these items.

There was also a pink Alicorn statue as a random drop from the Valentine quest. I keep trying to get it even though I don't know if it's still active anymore. I wish S8 would tell me. I want one. Or three.

hackenbush74
11-29-15, 03:50 PM
Love shacker

CharmOfLea
11-29-15, 03:58 PM
Love shacker

Sounds like a race I don't belong to.

hackenbush74
11-29-15, 04:10 PM
The first event I can remember was the Thanksgiving event of 2012. We had to harvest as much wheat as possible for a chance at a sweepstakes prize.

alyvosters
11-29-15, 08:46 PM
Over 2 years...does anyone know if I am able to transfer my game from my iPod to my iPad? I tried but I had to start over at level one and I'm on level 33 on my iPod. Any help would be greatly appreciated 😊

stargaze91
11-29-15, 08:54 PM
Over 2 years...does anyone know if I am able to transfer my game from my iPod to my iPad? I tried but I had to start over at level one and I'm on level 33 on my iPod. Any help would be greatly appreciated ��
You can use login feature in other storm8 games to access your level 33 account in your iPad .Details in the link below

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1070887&viewfull=1#post1070887

alyvosters
11-29-15, 09:00 PM
Thank you!! What happens if I entered a different storm id in, thought I knew it but it wasn't it. Can I change it somehow? Or will I have to contact the support people?

SpiritWind00
11-29-15, 10:54 PM
Thank you!! What happens if I entered a different storm id in, thought I knew it but it wasn't it. Can I change it somehow? Or will I have to contact the support people?

If you can't transfer yourself, yes you need to email support. Storm 8 support email: support@storm8.com

Tell them your old ID and Kingdom name and the new one. I added some more detail to explaining how to login with multiple IDs in the Hub. If you need more help, please use the Help Me sticky thread and not this thread though as its off topic. You need post 3 in the Hub. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-quot-THE-HUB!-quot-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-Castle-Story&p=1016351&viewfull=1#post1016351

jessiefromshimerville
11-30-15, 12:59 PM
I have been playing since 2013. I must have just missed the love shack era cause I have a pink skunk, pink chicken, pink cow but I am definitely in the disadvantage group!