PDA

View Full Version : Storage issues

TimeForACuppaTea
11-06-15, 10:09 PM
I can see I'm going to hit a brick wall soon and game play will come to a complete stop. Why would you put both cooking items and upgrade items in the same storage areas? It's not big enough for both. At least Restaurant story 2 has 2 separate storage areas, because it's needed. I'm only at level 10 and haven't opened the coffee shop yet and I'm already having a really hard time being able to buy enough cooking items to actually make a recipe. Some of these recipes call for several items and I can't hold them all in order to make it. My coffee shop will be ready in just a few minutes but I'm dreading it cause I won't have space to buy anything from it. This really needs to be changed.

Especially since I can already tell that you will need more and more upgrade items the further you level up. I don't want to have to make the choice to either hold food and delete all upgrade items so I can make money, or not buy food in order to hold all the upgrade items. Should have to make that choice. If it comes to that I'll just stop playing as it will simply be too frustrating.

Also needs to be an easier way to get needed upgrade items than the occasional gift from that person or to go orders. Especially with such limited space. I can't afford to get a bunch of one item and keep waiting to get the one item I need just to upgrade something. Needs to not be random. I'd love to upgrade my storage shelves but I keep getting coin from the random people and am waiting on the shelf thing. Until I get the shelf item to use to upgrade with I'm rather stuck already. I shouldn't already be stuck at level 10. It's only going to get worse from here.

Also the cost to "unlock" a new recipe is way too high. We have to pay lots for the new machine/building, then pay to unlock the new ingredients. I finally do that and get what I need to make the new item only to be slapped with a message saying I can't make cause I don't have the several thousand coin to make it. Are you serious? Now I'm stuck with ingredients taking up space that I can't use until I make more money, but I can't make any other recipes cause my storage is full with the ingredients I can't use. It's way too frustrating. I don't want to trash the new ingredients since they cost so much money to unlock in the first place. So it's too much of a lose, lose situations. Makes the game not fun.

molby29
11-06-15, 10:30 PM
What I hate about the storage, too, is that if you want to clear anything out - you have to delete ALL of it. You can't just go "Oh, 4 eggs - I'll delete 2". Why make it different to RS2, where it works just fine?

TimeForACuppaTea
11-07-15, 11:45 AM
I agree. I learned this the hard way. I don't understand why they thought it was good to force you to throw away all of one item. Makes me not want to throw anything away, but at the same time my storage stays so full that I'm having to buy only the items needed for a specific recipe when I'm ready to use them. It's very frustrating.

sweetdeda
11-09-15, 04:16 AM
Definitely need seperate storage for parts, almost half my storage right now is filled with parts all except the shelf need to increase storage.

kooky panda
11-09-15, 09:56 AM
Since the game is brand new, we will probably be seeing some changes in the game soon.
Thanks for providing this great feedback on the storage.
I will pass this over.

ghjvcucjb
11-09-15, 12:18 PM
Agreed! 1. Separate food and upgrade parts in the pantry 2. Give is the ability to delete 1item at a time instead of all items when full

sweetdeda
11-10-15, 06:21 AM
Upgrade parts really need to be seperate. Currently have over 10 thank notes plus other items taking up storage space. Not being able to delete just 1 item makes storage management difficult.

Rynetory2
11-10-15, 06:28 AM
Upgrade parts really need to be seperate. Currently have over 10 thank notes plus other items taking up storage space. Not being able to delete just 1 item makes storage management difficult.

When I hit pantry max, I delete the pantry item that takes the shortest time to replenish. This is my workaround to game. Hopefully we will be able to delete by quantity soon.

mimbiville2
11-10-15, 07:55 AM
My girlfriend and I agree with what others here have said about storage:
1. There needs to be separate storage for update items and ingredients.
2. There needs to be an option to delete individual items in storage.

sweetdeda
11-10-15, 04:16 PM
When I hit pantry max, I delete the pantry item that takes the shortest time to replenish. This is my workaround to game. Hopefully we will be able to delete by quantity soon.

Yes, I've done that too if need be, but if try to not even keep the short restock items in my pantry only purchasing when needed for a recipe. My storage capacity is currently 50, can't increase it yet because I don't have the shelves. In fact I am missing 1 item from every expansion possible to use any of the expansion items. I'm currently sitting w 22 items in my pantry, taking up almost half of my capacity.

marylou15
11-10-15, 04:53 PM
My pantry was full and I just had to delete 22 thank you notes. I am doing all the orders but not getting the right parts dropped to complete anything. Now I am waiting to do expansion #4. I hope we can get a separate area soon. Plus better parts dropping for the orders.

TimeForACuppaTea
11-10-15, 05:01 PM
Hopefully they fix this soon. I'm now at level 15 and over half my storage is upgrade items. I have 18 thank you notes alone. I've finally stopped taking them from him. So now he just permanently sits in my bakery taking up a seat waiting for me to take the note. But I can't hold anymore. My storage is expanded to hold 50 items. 26 of those are upgrade parts, but I don't have the right combination of anything to upgrade anything, so they just sit there hogging all my storage space. I would delete a few thank you notes if I could, but I don't want to delete them all and have to start over again. It's a real struggle to cook anything beyond the simple recipes now.

It's especially hard to cook any recipe that requires more items than I've upgraded the shops for. For example Sour Cherry Cobbler calls for 4 lemons, 3 cherries, 3 flour. My fruit stand only gives 3 items at a time. So I have to buy and hold 3 lemons and then wait for it to reload to buy the fourth lemon. I don't have the storage to hold items I can't use yet. Same problem with the Strawberry Tiramisu Coffee x3, Strawberries x 4, Eggs x3, Flour x2. I can only buy 2 coffee beans at a time and only 3 strawberries at a time and only 3 eggs at a time. So that means I have to buy coffee, strawberries and eggs and wait for them to all reload so I can buy the rest. So that's 7 items I have to hold and take up precious storage while I wait for things to reload. That's seriously tricky to free up enough space and then gather exactly what I need to try and make it. Right now I have a goal that wants me to make 3 Sour Cherry Cobbler, and 3 Strawberry Tiramisu. Do they have any clue how impossible that is? I only have 24 usable storage spaces, and these two recipes require 22 spaces. I'll have to focus on making nothing but these two recipes and nothing else.

I've unlocked the ability to make chocolate chip cookies but I don't dare actually unlock it because I can't handle anymore ingredients. They really should have known this would be an issue based on how RS2 works since they made it basically the same.

DrP4ever
11-11-15, 03:09 AM
If this game is ever going to be something that really can be enjoyed the parts need to be separate in storage than the food items. As an example, to upgrade my one store I need 35 particular parts. There is no way to cook items with 35 tools in storage, well less than that while waiting to obtain them. And with parts only being given one at a time with the deliveries, and rarely at that, it is impossible to achieve. As for gems, the prices of the items are ridiculously high so purchasing gems to cover it doesn't make sense either. As of now I would say this game has potential but is a great disappointment.

wingus
11-11-15, 04:02 AM
I agree! I like how in RS2, they have two separate storage pantries for parts and ingredients. BS2 should have that as well.

In addition, why can't we delete single items from the pantry? I had a full pantry and needed to delete, but I could only delete the entire amount of any item which is ridiculous!

BlueCanary
11-16-15, 07:42 AM
My pantry was full and I just had to delete 22 thank you notes. I am doing all the orders but not getting the right parts dropped to complete anything. Now I am waiting to do expansion #4. I hope we can get a separate area soon. Plus better parts dropping for the orders.

Completely agree. The pantry gets filled up with stuff I don't need right away, but I don't want to delete a whole stack of things to make room. There needs to be a better rotation of parts dropped, or have specific deliveries have a chance to drop specific parts. I haven't been able to expand anything for a while because I'm waiting on specific parts, while the others keep piling up.

This doesn't make me want to spend money to buy the missing parts, which I assume is the point by making some drops "rare." Instead it makes me want to delete an otherwise interesting little game because I get annoyed.

Also, sometimes when the various shops refresh they don't fill all of the items back up. Like I'd get one chocolate instead of two. Which isn't a big deal with things like sugar that refresh quickly, but a great annoyance for things that take longer to refresh.

janddolphins
11-19-15, 11:12 PM
I agree with all the above, separate for food and parts would be nice and being able to choose how many we delete (lol yes I have mentioned this in a few threads right now but hoping if it is said enough it will be heard)

phatzs
12-15-15, 09:36 PM
Any update on if/when they will change the pantry problem? I am almost stuck where I can't do nothing, because I have mostly parts taking up space in the pantry.

ghjvcucjb
12-16-15, 12:07 AM
Dear S8/TL please consider fixing the pantry issues. Once again I've hit a wall. I've been waiting on 1 last shelf for a week so I can upgrade to 90 but nada. Now with the event i have to consider deleting items that I've been trying to collect for weeks and weeks. I just had to delete all my sugar so I could collect from the elf that only comes once every 2 hours and now can't make anything. Either separate the food from upgrade items or allow us to delet 1 item at a time and not all. Thanks

DrP4ever
12-16-15, 12:35 AM
Can't dElete individual items. Must use gems to accomplish some goals therefore this game is now forever deleted.

evescute
12-20-15, 08:19 PM
Those jars from Noel the elf have taken all of my storage, really annoying!!! I can't get rid of them.
BTW, there have to be some other ways to get diamonds, not just by using real money.

marovina
01-06-16, 04:02 AM
Those jars from Noel the elf have taken all of my storage, really annoying!!! I can't get rid of them.
BTW, there have to be some other ways to get diamonds, not just by using real money.

I have 76 ginger men cutters that I can not get rid off.
This is nonsense, it is impossible to play when all the storage is taken up by useless objects.
Please solve this problem ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Rynetory2
01-06-16, 06:26 AM

I have 76 ginger men cutters that I can not get rid off.
This is nonsense, it is impossible to play when all the storage is taken up by useless objects.
Please solve this problem ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your feedback. Just so you know, winter spice and cookie cutters do not count to your pantry total.

can't delete cookie cutters from the pantry (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87633-Can-t-delete-cookie-cutters-from-the-pantry)

babysx1
01-28-16, 07:26 PM
Please can we have a seperate section for building materials
I currently have 86 pieces in my pantry but not enough of any one item to upgrade
This is becoming very frustrating

1ch1ps
02-14-16, 08:34 AM
Right now it's sell an item but it's all or nothing. I would like it so you can sell a portion.... I have 40 mason jars and blueprints... I'd lie to sell maybe half to make room to store more food.

Another idea is that the things used for building/expanding have its own warehouse. That way you could have more room for the things to make food. It wasn't a big problem when I was starting out, but as I got higher in the game and you need to bake more things, you need more room....yes you can expand, but I'm at 200 items and it's still not enough... Out of 200, 144 is building/expansion items.

Anyone else agree that splitting the pantry between food and building pantries

bobbyrae
02-14-16, 01:42 PM
I agree, especially since the rate drop of parts is so random. I have needed one bench to allow me to expand my pantry for a long time now. Using up the parts would clear some space but I just cannot get that one bench. I also don't get enough red baskets or tickets to allow me to expand my other stores or parts to expand the bakery. So i keep getting parts I really don't need and those parts keep filling up my pantry...which I can't expand! Frustrating.

sally_brown
02-16-16, 08:39 AM
I agree, especially since the rate drop of parts is so random. I have needed one bench to allow me to expand my pantry for a long time now. Using up the parts would clear some space but I just cannot get that one bench. I also don't get enough red baskets or tickets to allow me to expand my other stores or parts to expand the bakery. So i keep getting parts I really don't need and those parts keep filling up my pantry...which I can't expand! Frustrating.Exactly!

CosmicTeapot
02-18-16, 05:39 PM
Yes!!! A lot of people, if not everyone, have asked for this, but we're yet to see it... if ever. And it's about to get even more crowded with the "Secrets Bakers Club" quests. :mad:

bobbyrae
02-18-16, 07:23 PM
Yes!!! A lot of people, if not everyone, have asked for this, but we're yet to see it... if ever. And it's about to get even more crowded with the "Secrets Bakers Club" quests. :mad:

Yup. Gonna be interesting trying to cram everything into my 90 item pantry.

Rynetory2
02-18-16, 08:31 PM
I agree with what you all have said and can see that the Bakers' Club's ingredients will be an added challenge to our existing pantries. I have sent in this request. Hopefully it gets answered.

crs875
02-19-16, 01:30 PM
I agree with what you all have said and can see that the Bakers' Club's ingredients will be an added challenge to our existing pantries. I have sent in this request. Hopefully it gets answered.

Can you also send in the request to lower prices for purchasing appliances and learning new recipes? Over 1 million dollars for a pie oven? Ridiculous!

petebrooke
02-27-16, 01:12 AM
Totally agree with this, I see this selling all or nothing as not a "challenge" but something that as a player makes me want to give up the game as you feel your not making progress in the game. Also I agree with what others are saying price for everything appliances, recipes are way too high. You get to a stage where you need to play constantly for 2 weeks just to buy a recipe? Fun? No just very boring. As for the secret bakers club? Another completely ridiculous challenge. You put in all that effort only to get a bronze key which you can't do anything with. Last point is trying to access the game, not sure if it's just me I access through an iPad and sometimes you need 5 goes just to enter the game. I'm sorry to make all these criticisms as I really quite like the game but with a few tweaks it could be so much better.

xellosspoo
03-10-16, 03:21 AM
Totally agree with this, I see this selling all or nothing as not a "challenge" but something that as a player makes me want to give up the game as you feel your not making progress in the game. Also I agree with what others are saying price for everything appliances, recipes are way too high. You get to a stage where you need to play constantly for 2 weeks just to buy a recipe? Fun? No just very boring. As for the secret bakers club? Another completely ridiculous challenge. You put in all that effort only to get a bronze key which you can't do anything with. Last point is trying to access the game, not sure if it's just me I access through an iPad and sometimes you need 5 goes just to enter the game. I'm sorry to make all these criticisms as I really quite like the game but with a few tweaks it could be so much better.

I did actually quit this game for a good few months because of exactly this reason. I can't get benches. And stupidly I keep accidentally clicking on Liam, giving me 40 Thank You Notes. This isn't counting the mason jars,baskets and other building materials ****ing my shelf space. I have about 12 slots open for food. I'm getting close to choosing to quit again because this is just frustrating. I like this game and enjoy it, but I need either building materials/notes in their own separate storage, a way to chose NOT to accept an item when you "receive" it, or a way to delete SOME, but not all of an item.

joohyunx
04-06-16, 09:07 PM
Hi, I was wondering if Bakery Story 2 could follow suit with Restaurant Story 2 with the way we handle our items in our pantry. RS2 allows you to choose how many of which item to throw away when your pantry starts getting full. So instead of throwing all 18 pieces of Strawberry away, we could choose to throw away only 5. Especially when there are events going on, which there are times that the event items (i.e. Rainbow Sugar, Orange, Blueberries) are also counted as numbers in the pantry, it gets very hard to find space!!

MKatieC
04-14-16, 03:22 AM
I am only at level 23 & came in to see why items cost so much & after reading these same issues that are frustrating me I'm on the way to the delete button; games are suppose to be fun not frustrating; challenging yes, but not so insanely challenging they become not fun to play. Sad.

kat8rose
04-21-16, 09:26 AM
Dear game gods, I am beyond frustrated

WE NEED SEPARATE PANTRIES IN BS2 NOW!

Number of items needed to expand, upgrade markets, etc. Is upward of 60 when you hit lvl 30 plus....hello, that's a lot of space!
So tired of having to delete items I have earned to cook in a cooking game...bake ;-)
Coding is available in RS2 no need to start from scratch.

Some seasonal stock items used to be sparkly and not take pantry space, now ALL do ...food and prepared items not collection items...NOT an improvement!

Getting beyond ridiculous guys, help please

ethan1brothers
04-22-16, 02:42 PM
yeah I'm having the same problem .... the Japanese lady gives you heavy cream and some sort of green paste ..... but I had ot delete some of it because I had 30 of each and couldn't finish anything else in fact any of the characters that give items will over load your pantry same with the orange lady .... I had 60 oranges at one point ,,, I couldn't use them fast enough .....

Mercuriair
04-25-16, 05:13 PM
Also finding this very annoying, items that don't belong in the pantry logically (shopping baskets etc) but which I'm loathe to remove as they're needed for upgrades and really hard to get (I keep getting coins from to go which I don't need I can get them from regular play). Also the not being able to remove just one of an item!

Kimmyb325
04-28-16, 01:20 AM
I just started this game this week. I am at level 13 and increased my pantry to 60. With this Japanese cherry blossom & recipe thing going on, my pantry is clogged with special items....19 heavy cream and 18 matcha. I don't want to delete them all but I may have to as I can barely bake anything!! S8 please, please separate the storage for: 1) regular ingredients 2) upgrade\equipment items 3) specialty ingredients shouldn't count towards our pantry storage space 4) allow us to delete a certain # of an item from our pantry, not all of the item - allowing us to keep some in our pantry and not lose them all. Since these have been complaints from the beginning, I'm surprised that they haven't been addressed yet. This makes the game very frustrating and has greatly reduced my gameplay. It could make me give up the game entirely.

windyridge1991
04-30-16, 11:15 AM
May I suggest that we be allowed to throw away SOME of the items, instead of all at one time...
Ie. The lime sorbets, I had 25, but only wanted to get rid of 15, but had to get rid of all.
WindyRidge1991

phatzs
05-16-16, 05:20 PM
Could we please have separate pantries, especially for events? Or if anything not have the event ingredients count in our pantries? It's really hard collecting ingredients for events when the pantry space is limited . Another suggestion I have is to have a shorter restock time for all limited ingredients so we wouldn't have to wait so long to make limited dishes due to having to wait for the ingredients.

ginrae22
05-21-16, 07:46 AM
Like everyone else I'm extremely upset about the storage problem! All I ever EVER get are thank you notes and it's hard to fill the orders all the time and even when I do I don't get the parts that I need and then the thank you's pile up and take up literally over half of my storage. I mean AT LEAST let us freaking delete the exact number that we want of an item ! Come on! I stopped playing because of all of this and then I opened it a few days ago ago wanted to play again but it was impossible until I deleted ALL of my thank you's. It's been long enough TL. Fix this. Or you are going to lose a lot more people permanently!

wchiu
05-27-16, 04:14 PM
Totally agreed with everyone here, the storage is main problem of this game. :mad:

CinziaR94
06-02-16, 02:35 AM
Totally agree with all the issues mentioned. The separation of food and upgrade items, the ability to delete a specific quantity of an item, the exorbitant cost of appliances, recipes, shop openings and materials, the randomness of item drops, and the too few opportunities to gain upgrade items and crystals.

I find it exasperating that players were complaining about these issues back in November 2015 and here we are in June 2016 and there has been no progress on rectifying at least one of these issues. I prefer the set up of RS2 where all these issues are non-existent. I actually had to delete 76 thank you notes in order to give myself enough breathing room to cook anything. I kept hoping the developers would at least enable partial deletes on items but I finally had to bite the bullet. Now I'm starting back at zero and of course Liam now only drops a thank you note approximately once out of every five visits. Before I deleted them it was almost at every visit he'd drop one. I really hope these issues are considered soon and changes are made.

kat8rose
06-22-16, 09:43 AM
The need for Pantry space has reached another critical point! Somebody out there has to be listening to us.

At level 41 now, I have the dry goods store at 4 items. To expand to five items, it takes over 70 parts/tools! Where in the world can I keep these?

We can't even delete one item at a time, it's all or none. That's absolutely ridiculous. I am saving coins for a desperately needed expansion, and the additional Blueprints and Bricks that I will not be using for a very long time cannot be deleted to make room for other tools, seasonal, and regular permanent recipe items.

Over 6 months is enough time for you guys to have given us separate pantries as in RS2...most coding is all ready done! If you don't give us separate pantries, then the number of parts needed needs to be drastically drastically reduced along with the ability to delete 1 item at a time rather than all or none. If you don't give us our separate pantries, all seasonal items should be "sparkly" and not count towards our total.

Coins are unbelievably hard to earn in this game , and something should be, needs to be, to make the game challenging. I get that. But combined with the pantry problems, that's just unfair. We work hard to earn our tools/parts for expansions, and continually have to delete them. How is that fair to us?

Please someone listen to us.

Thanks, K

terryzalewski
06-23-16, 12:53 PM
The storage issue is definitely an issue. Now if you were to be actually trying to teach time management/ financial management, responsibility, planning, portioning, etc etc.. through gaming, It fails miserably. But if you are trying to teach people that taking pics of your food is cool, well you nailed that one!

Fressie
06-26-16, 07:08 AM
Agree with everyone. They must change something regarding storage. Either give us the ability to delete certain number of items not all of them, or separate the food from the pantry items, or give us the chance to choose which items we need from to-go orders, for example: if I'm working towards increasing the stores capacity, or pantry space, or expanding, it would be nice to be able to get the item we need the most and not get items that we have to toss because they are not needed at that moment, that way, we could quickly use them and clear space in the pantry faster. Something needs to be done because it's very frustrating! Especially during events (which is always!) that there's more ingredients using pantry space.

I hate this! Please do something!! I only need two shelves to upgrade my pantry, and been filling to-go orders nonstop trying to get them, but noooo! Now I have 5 extra mason jars that I don't need, 12 extra thank you notes that only are using pantry space that I desperately need. I don't want to delete thank you notes or mason jars because we don't have the option to delete the extra ones, if I delete all of them, I will have to start from zero and most likely I will get the shelves and won't have the necessary mason jars or thank you notes... Grrrrrr it's so annoying!!!!! When is this storage issue going to be fixed? Seriously, how many frustrated players do you need? Because there's plenty.

kgp70282
09-13-16, 07:29 AM
It would be nice to in clutter my bakery can we please store stuff

Also need to be able to store stuff to make room!!!!

VanaCatu
09-14-16, 06:50 AM
Pantry

I think everyone would agree that Pantry problem is one of the most frustrating on today.
We would greatly appreciate if you could reconsider the Pantry organization.

I'm finding the way it is implemented in Restaurant Story 2 - not even optimal, but absolutely perfect way!
- 3 separate shelves (for usual ingredients; for spare parts; for limited/timed ingredients and special/random drops). 1st and 2nd - of total pantry capacity, and 3rd one - of unlimited capacity;
- possibility to choose how many of each item you want to delete, but not deleting them all of a kind like now in BS2.

Since these two games have similar mechanics / concept, I think it would be fair to organize BS2 pantry in same way and I hope it would not be very hard programwise.
http://fs172.www.ex.ua/get/272439457/bs2i-pantry.png

StoxMan
10-11-16, 08:53 PM
Pantry

I think everyone would agree that Pantry problem is one of the most frustrating on today.
We would greatly appreciate if you could reconsider the Pantry organization.

I'm finding the way it is implemented in Restaurant Story 2 - not even optimal, but absolutely perfect way!
- 3 separate shelves (for usual ingredients; for spare parts; for limited/timed ingredients and special/random drops). 1st and 2nd - of total pantry capacity, and 3rd one - of unlimited capacity;
- possibility to choose how many of each item you want to delete, but not deleting them all of a kind like now in BS2.

Since these two games have similar mechanics / concept, I think it would be fair to organize BS2 pantry in same way and I hope it would not be very hard programwise.
http://fs172.www.ex.ua/get/272439457/bs2i-pantry.png

Hi VanaCatu,

Totally agree with you, and the other comments in the forum. The Pantry image in your post would be perfect for Bakery Story 2, are would likely resolve most of the concerns in this thread. I hope the developers are listening, or they are going to lose many players very soon.

The game is getting very frustrating, and I play it to have fun... not to be frustrated. Thanks very much for your insights.

bobbyrae
01-24-17, 05:02 PM
Sigh...why create new games and not listen to the players' requests and suggestions to make the games more fun and playable?