PDA

View Full Version : So What Are Your Thoughts On BS2?

LadyEna
11-06-15, 01:18 PM
Positives:

Like the design
Love the diversity of customers and their overall look.
Recipes are cute

Negatives:

Facebook only for friends. <---I don't have nor have any desire to get Facebook!
So how do I get helping hands? Especially if there are events!
Different than RS2 for designing. Having to pay a cost on every floor tile..etc!
I can't name my Bakery! Uhhhh, WHY?
Where's the wall? I like posting on my wall and others (can't do in this version)too.

That's it so far! Add more later if necessary!

MysticOrchid
11-06-15, 01:45 PM
Like;
The diversity of the customers is a nice touch
Food doesn't spoil
No internet-sync issues at all (as of yet)

Dislike;
No community wall
Can't find other community bakeries
FACEBOOK. Used a fake one just to get those gems.
Who even uses Facebook anymore, honestly? Why not Instagram or Twitter at least?
The parts you get to upgrade also take up room in the food pantry bin. Please separate them.

Conclusion...
TL has had years to make a new, and even better squeal to Bakery Story. All I see is that someone decided to put Farm Story and Restaurant Story 2 together and make Bakery Story 2. I know the game just came out, and maybe they are seeing how many people are going to download it. Perhaps next week or later this month we'll get a more fun update? Bakery Story is one of the few games that's been on the top 10, and top 50 apps in the USA App store. It seems to me, if Bakery Story 1 ever goes offline that Restaurant Story 2 will become the hit game overall.

bexiboo2
11-06-15, 01:47 PM
I am soooooo excited about bakery story 2 !!!!

I'm loving it so far, it does seem like a works in progress

I like the look of the customers, a lot more detailed than BS
They seem to have improved on RS2 in terms of getting upgrade items
I really like the order to go table from level 7 up
The neighbour section says it's coming soon - I really hope we can add neighbours like BS and RS2 through the game, and not just from Facebook (I don't connect to Facebook with games and have no intention to do so)
I hope they expand the features soon so we can name our bakery and choose an avatar, I also want to visit other bakeries to be nosey and be able to leave messages on walls, send/receive gifts etc - it feels a little bit lonely without nbrs

But overall YAY!!! This new game is very exciting!

infinitelove19
11-06-15, 02:20 PM
I like the overall look, like you say, but I am hating the Facebook angle. I play apps on my phone/iPad, NOT on Facebook.
I don't want any games linked to my Facebook. Period.

sweetypies97
11-06-15, 02:23 PM
Meh. The Facebook push means it isn't a game I will play past getting the gems on my other games. Otherwise I would probably give it a go for longer.

I hated RS2 but this is better than it was.

bexiboo2
11-06-15, 02:34 PM
Ooooh, I forgot to mention the giant cutlery!! Lol, it really is massive, but I like it - it's funny!

I like how customers take photos of their food, and I like the animation of the lad behind the til, particularly when he turns people away cos there aren't enough tables!

carlsonlove8
11-06-15, 03:02 PM
Says it's not compatible with my device. Been playing RS2 for months so....

myharleycat
11-06-15, 03:47 PM
I can't even download it as I have a touch 4th gen. Since it doesn't use ios7.

But from what I've seen on my android version it's the same as RS2. While I like new recipes n appliances.

Everything else is bad. Like ohers the whole Facebook thing is a huge issue, plus it seems 90% of items needed gems to purchase, that having to buy n store ingredients takes the fun out of it as well. It's too high maintenance for me, n won't be able to win the prize in is versions. Hope it's not too negative review. I'm happy with the original versions.

hduck8
11-06-15, 04:07 PM
the only thing I don't like is the not being able to name our bakery, and the whole social aspect.... a lot of people don't have facebook... wheres the storm8 social walls/neighbors? :confused:

MysticOrchid
11-06-15, 04:32 PM
So... Once I reached level 12, a goal popped up. I guess 12 unlocks where you can "master" all recipes. Though you do not get any kind of plaque like Restaurant Story 2. The more time the certain food takes to make, the higher bonus and earnings of Bronze, Silver, & Gold.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2vhu8te.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2998j8.png

deekathleen
11-06-15, 05:54 PM
It says not compatible with my device. If it is anything even remotely like rs2 I will have zero interest in playing it.

DestinySeven
11-06-15, 06:39 PM
Like most people, I dont like the Facebook part. There should be a way to connect with people who just play this game. Characters are great and food looks nice. So far, on level 10, I dont know how much longer I will play. I only downloaded it to get bonuses from my other Storm 8 games.

molby29
11-06-15, 07:20 PM
It's ok. Playing on an iPhone I keep wasting gems because the screen is too small and there is no gem confirmation button.

I hate the FB thing. I don't want to open up my entire life to people just to play a game. I do have an old FB account I could add people to, but where to find these people???

I can't even use the Storm8 ID thing.

I think it's better than RS2, but hate that your building things are stored in the pantry. I like the RS2 toolbox better.

It almost seems to be a beta version, so hopefully in future versions they will take our feedback on board, and change some of these issues.

lauraleighashby
11-06-15, 09:02 PM
No longer loads past the home page for me...and apparently a number of others.

infinitelove19
11-06-15, 09:29 PM
No longer loads past the home page for me...and apparently a number of others.

All S8 games weren't loading for about 30 minutes, for me. They all seem to be fine now, including this one.

Clark_Wayne
11-06-15, 11:27 PM
like design

dislike all except design. won't play long this game. no fun : same like restaurant story 2 but not as good. no wall, no neighborhood. i don't think this game will stay long, sorry for those who like it.

lauraleighashby
11-07-15, 01:56 AM
I like this more than I thought I would. Unfortunately, unless we can add neighbours without FB, I won't be continuing.

bexiboo2
11-07-15, 02:50 AM
I like this more than I thought I would. Unfortunately, unless we can add neighbours without FB, I won't be continuing.

Me too. I hope when they open up the neighbourhood feature we'll be able to add other players and not just through Facebook. It will be silly if you can only add Facebook neighbours as like you I won't be doing that, and there must be a lot of players who don't have Facebook either.

SpiritWind00
11-07-15, 03:36 AM
I like it as well. I don't like how the knife and fork are in the wrong hands though. Food looks good, animations quirky. Currently on level 9, so I'll see how it goes. I like not having a wall in every game. Agree with the FB comments. So far so good. ;)

bexiboo2
11-07-15, 05:06 AM
Lol, I hadn't noticed the cutlery is in the wrong hands.

Spirit Wind could you ask if the coffee cart should function like the water cart in RS2? Mine doesn't do anything and I can't store it, so I guess it should have a purpose and isn't a decoration. Thanks

SpiritWind00
11-07-15, 05:14 AM
Lol, I hadn't noticed the cutlery is in the wrong hands.

Spirit Wind could you ask if the coffee cart should function like the water cart in RS2? Mine doesn't do anything and I can't store it, so I guess it should have a purpose and isn't a decoration. Thanks

Sure! I wonder though if it is connected with the Cafe bar that unlocks at level 10... ??? That would make sense. :):)

pGeRbSe
11-07-15, 07:10 AM
Looks good so far. I cant delete stuff in the storage. I like RS2 ... didnt played BS 1 because i didnt liked the look and if i compare RS2 with BS2, BS2 has less content?! It feels like a RS2 lite version just with cookies.
On major thing is ... the whole bakery is to small.

bexiboo2
11-07-15, 07:25 AM
Sure! I wonder though if it is connected with the Cafe bar that unlocks at level 10... ??? That would make sense. :):)

Thank you!

I'm at level 11 and have got the barista machine - I've not used it yet though. I've gathered the ingredients and am saving up to learn the first recipe. The coffee cart doesn't do anything yet - maybe it I'll activate later

non82
11-07-15, 08:59 AM
If you put a counter in front of the guy at the register, he keeps handing the food, but it magically appears in the hands of the costumers walking through the door.

LalaSmooth
11-07-15, 09:38 AM
I'm on level 11 too! Ingredients takes ages! wish we could add neighbours

LonePudding
11-07-15, 09:40 AM
Has anyone found a way to delete ingredients in the pantry when it isn't full?

Also can anyone help me find the following info:

- At what level you could build Charlotte's Fruit Stand (level 3?) and what levels strawberries, lemons and cherries unlocked.

- Jenny's General Store upgrade requirements from stocking 1 to 2 items and 2 to 3 ingredients per refresh.

- Charlotte's Fruit Stand upgrade requirements from stocking 1 to 2 items per refresh.

- Pantry upgrade requirements from 10 to 20 spaces.

- The guy's name, the one who drops thank you notes.

- The cost of the very first home oven, fancy oven, and stove.

- What level cream unlocked at.

I missed all this info because I sped through the early levels, which I'm now regretting as I've decided to try to make a guide on this game. If you can help, please post here! Thank you :)

bexiboo2
11-07-15, 10:07 AM
I don't think there is a way to delete items in the pantry when it isn't full. I hope TL improve the pantry so we can choose how many of an item to delete rather than waiting til the pantry is full and deleting all eggs or sugar etc

The guy who leaves thank you notes is called Liam.

Sorry I can't help with the rest, I sped through it too!

LonePudding
11-07-15, 10:18 AM
Yes, that too, I was so surprised when all my strawberries were deleted when I only intended to get rid of a few!

Thanks for the help!

bluefoxcrystal
11-07-15, 10:32 AM
Facebook... No, just no... :/ but I really like the types of sweets they have. Curbs my virtual sweet tooth :D

DrP4ever
11-07-15, 01:32 PM
Need to separate the parts from the ingredients. I have 10 parts but not the right ones to expand or to increase inventory size. When you have a recipe that takes over 12 items and have 10 objects in there then you run out of space while waiting on collection time. Without this the game is a bust. Especially when things drop randomly.

Also why do I need to make more for the take out delivery when I have 1,000 plus on the counter??

budcake
11-07-15, 02:20 PM
the game looks fun👀, but i can't find the community wall , i dont think there is one for fantasy forest either??

LonePudding
11-07-15, 02:32 PM
the game looks fun��, but i can't find the community wall , i dont think there is one for fantasy forest either??

No there isn't one yet. I suspect the next update may bring one though.

Lenkapon
11-07-15, 05:03 PM
I really love this game, but if they could add the Social feature like other games.... I'll be addicted to it.

sweetdeda
11-07-15, 05:06 PM

Still after getting the cafe bar the coffee stand does not function. Wish we could store it if it's just a decoration. Or even sell it.

infinitelove19
11-07-15, 06:34 PM
Anybody else only getting coins from the food-to-go orders? The first batch or two gave me items to upgrade, but all day today I've only gotten coins.

Also has anybody seen a part resembling a red shopping basket? I need one to upgrade my fruit stand from 2-3, but have yet to see one...?

chaos2034
11-07-15, 06:35 PM
Built an amazing, beautiful game - yet you took was BS an RS had going for them, and destroyed it.

Game is far to focused on gems - no achievement system to obtain gems....equal pay-to-play. Almost lvl 12 and getting parts is almost next to impossible. I'm doing orders and keep getting coins.......yet need 3 or 4 parts to expand anything...parts I've never seen! Expansion early is suppose to be simple and affordable. New recipes cost 6k - yet your selling food for $1?? So...its gonna take you week or more just to unlock the first few items?

Almost everything to buy takes gems - instead of the opposite.rare items should cost gems....not every unlock every level.

This game has HUGE potential - but right now, its balance is clearly GEMS. I loved the originals because you could do so much and not have to empty your bank account.

I'm sure nothing is going to change - game developers don't care about THE GAME - they only care about the profit. Sad...you guys had such a success with BS an RS.

aiyoosha
11-07-15, 06:36 PM
I don't like this Game at all :( I keep getting pantry is full and I don't even have all ingredients I need to pass goals or make recipes wth man. And I always need thank you notes ugh. I'm gonna quit soon.

SpiritWind00
11-07-15, 06:37 PM
Anybody else only getting coins from the food-to-go orders? The first batch or two gave me items to upgrade, but all day today I've only gotten coins.

Also has anybody seen a part resembling a red shopping basket? I need one to upgrade my fruit stand from 2-3, but have yet to see one...?
Yes I got a ticket, glove and basket and coins from the food to go orders. It seems quite random though doesn't it.

LonePudding
11-07-15, 06:59 PM

Me. I got a few parts at first, but for the last 6 or so orders, only 500 coins, which I'm not refusing at the moment, but the parts will be needed very soon.

southernlight88
11-07-15, 07:08 PM
How do I get blueprint for expansion? From a random customer?

aiyoosha
11-07-15, 07:28 PM
You get one from making deliveries right or finishing a goal.

LonePudding
11-07-15, 07:28 PM

Blueprints and other expansion parts come from food-to-go orders.

cndlovers
11-07-15, 08:11 PM
I like the new game.

But.... I accidentally have used up all my gems when adding more items in my pantry!!! For all spazz players ( like myself) there needs to be an extra pop up confirming the usage of gems...in case of accidental taps! Is anyone else experiencing this?

southernlight88
11-07-15, 08:26 PM
You get one from making deliveries right or finishing a goal.

Thanks. Strange that I don't seem to get it now that I need to expand my bakery. The goals don't give and the deliveries gave me coins and quick serves. Guess I'll just have to wait patiently for the blueprint to come :)

MagMags0408
11-07-15, 08:40 PM
I like the new game.

But.... I accidentally have used up all my gems when adding more items in my pantry!!! For all spazz players ( like myself) there needs to be an extra pop up confirming the usage of gems...in case of accidental taps! Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I did the exact same thing! No way would I spend actual money on this game with how easy it is to blow gems.

cndlovers
11-07-15, 08:59 PM
Yes, I did the exact same thing! No way would I spend actual money on this game with how easy it is to blow gems.

I know right????? I considered getting the new player offer....but I KNOW I will use them all accidentally!!! ��:-D

srg70
11-07-15, 09:15 PM
Blueprints and other expansion parts come from food-to-go orders.

I have filled 12 to go orders. I've got two expansion goals as at level 13 and have not had a blueprint! How am I supposed to expand if I don't get the parts!!

I think I will only play till level 16 to get my gems. This game is way too time consuming with all the waiting for ingredients. The only way to move up in this game is to be on it regularly throughout the day and I just don't have the time for that.

infinitelove19
11-07-15, 10:27 PM
Yes I got a ticket, glove and basket and coins from the food to go orders. It seems quite random though doesn't it.

I am up to 8 in a row of only coins. Yesterday was mostly parts, but today seems to be only coins. Will keep closer track, but it says to get parts from to-go orders, so really they should give parts, not coins. Maybe coins 1 in 10 times, but not 9/10, that's ridiculous!

infinitelove19
11-07-15, 10:30 PM
Me. I got a few parts at first, but for the last 6 or so orders, only 500 coins, which I'm not refusing at the moment, but the parts will be needed very soon.

Seems I'm not alone with this... really need a basket!

infinitelove19
11-07-15, 10:32 PM
We also REALLY need to be able to delete a specific number of each item, especially when we start needing to delete upgrading parts! No way I would want to delete all of any item.

DrP4ever
11-07-15, 10:49 PM
Yes need parts for trades, coins are good but need parts too. Need a blueprint and can't get one!!!

Lenkapon
11-07-15, 11:03 PM
There should be a different storage for parts... Like in RS2!

Lenkapon
11-07-15, 11:06 PM
Deleted

cherrycolafreak
11-07-15, 11:27 PM
My introductory offer has disappeared. I think it had 80 hours left on it but it's gone!?

I was thinking of getting it since it was only $1.99.

I'm really liking the game even if it seems unfinished.
It definitely needs some improvements.

I know I could like it more than RS2 if they just do the improvements that it needs.

cherrycolafreak
11-07-15, 11:31 PM
But one thing that will make me delete the game is if we can only have neighbors if we have a Facebook.

I don't do Facebook.
I don't wanna have to rely on Facebook.

LalaSmooth
11-07-15, 11:36 PM
My introductory offer has disappeared. I think it had 80 hours left on it but it's gone!?

I was thinking of getting it since it was only $1.99.

I'm really liking the game even if it seems unfinished.
It definitely needs some improvements.

I know I could like it more than RS2 if they just do the improvements that it needs.

Refresh the game and it appears again.

infinitelove19
11-07-15, 11:38 PM
I am up to 8 in a row of only coins. Yesterday was mostly parts, but today seems to be only coins. Will keep closer track, but it says to get parts from to-go orders, so really they should give parts, not coins. Maybe coins 1 in 10 times, but not 9/10, that's ridiculous!

The last two gave me parts! Got a blueprint and a brick. Now I just need to save up enough coins to expand! :-)

DrP4ever
11-08-15, 03:30 AM
Half of my inventory is parts but I don't have the right parts to expand. Need a separate storage for parts.
I don't do Facebook so no help from neighbors there. Why can't we do regular neighbors?

MagMags0408
11-08-15, 08:15 AM
The whole Facebook angle is a no-go for me too. I also agree that we need a separate storage for parts.

Rynetory2
11-08-15, 09:03 AM
So far I'm liking BS2. The design and recipes are lovely. I like to see some changes..
- independent of FB
- separate toolbox from pantry
- ability to buy design styles like rs2 instead of individual number of items. (Eg buying table styles instead of actual number of tables of a particular design. Rs2 allows me to paint any number of tables I have. But with bs2, I have to buy and store X tables. If the tables are seasonal and are removed, I cant buy extra tables. Likewise for chairs, tiles, wallpaper etc)

All in all, so far so good. Thanks S8 for this new game. :)

feonalily
11-08-15, 09:34 AM
I hate the fact that part drops are so rare. I have to sit here and wait 3 hours per take-out order and it's not even garenteed that I get a part from it. most of the time I only get gold. it's been 3 days and I haven't had many part drops

enaid03
11-08-15, 09:36 AM
It's too childish for me, and graphics are cartoon like. It looks like a game my small children would play.

HATING the facebook requirement.

lonerlexie
11-08-15, 11:58 AM
I hope neighbors are not important. I don't make friends with random people to play a game.

sweetypies97
11-08-15, 12:20 PM
After playing for a couple of days - I absolutely hate the selfie and food photo taking. It is ridiculous, and not only because their phones are backwards.

TimeForACuppaTea
11-08-15, 02:25 PM
Agreed. But this game more than any other also seems to be coin greedy as well. To the point that someone here already suggested using gems to buy coins. That's seriously messed up. I'm so tired of them being so greedy.

clothespeg
11-08-15, 03:00 PM
This game is fun at the moment ! If neighbours are needed to progress then I will delete the game !!!

infinitelove19
11-08-15, 03:34 PM
After playing for a couple of days - I absolutely hate the selfie and food photo taking. It is ridiculous, and not only because their phones are backwards.

Is that what they're doing? It seemed to me that half the time they took out their phone, they were thinking, "What IS this thing & why did it buzz me?" & the other half, it looked like they got good news. I kinda thought it was cute.

infinitelove19
11-08-15, 03:36 PM
I'm on level 15 & two of my to-go orders asked me for things I cannot afford to learn yet, namely lemon honey tea & chocolate chip cookies. Learned it only takes 10 minutes to refresh the order & was greatly relieved!

LonePudding
11-08-15, 04:01 PM
I'm on level 15 & two of my to-go orders asked me for things I cannot afford to learn yet, namely lemon honey tea & chocolate chip cookies. Learned it only takes 10 minutes to refresh the order & was greatly relieved!

Good to know, thanks!

jaxporter
11-08-15, 05:11 PM
Where's the recipe book? Hard to plan ahead, analyze how to make money or level up efficiently without being able to see the recipes for ingredients, costs and experience points :(

Also has anyone timed Liam yet to see how often he comes in? In RS2 I ised to set an alarm for Cid, it was very helpful

deekathleen
11-08-15, 06:12 PM
Does decorating play a part in this game or is it more of an after thought? The graphics look kind of squareish and cartoony.

aiyoosha
11-08-15, 07:03 PM
I'm trying to get ingredients to bake but it keeps saying my pantry is full I hate this dam game.

124pm
11-08-15, 07:56 PM
I don't like the fact we need to connect to Facebook.

infinitelove19
11-08-15, 10:11 PM
Where's the recipe book? Hard to plan ahead, analyze how to make money or level up efficiently without being able to see the recipes for ingredients, costs and experience points :(

Also has anyone timed Liam yet to see how often he comes in? In RS2 I ised to set an alarm for Cid, it was very helpful

I think he shows up about every hour. Or maybe every hour & a half. Finding it hard to pinpoint.

edited to add: He shows up every 2 hours, on the dot!

sweetypies97
11-09-15, 01:34 AM
Is that what they're doing? It seemed to me that half the time they took out their phone, they were thinking, "What IS this thing & why did it buzz me?" & the other half, it looked like they got good news. I kinda thought it was cute.

If so, their phone is still back to Front!!

Em_storm
11-09-15, 06:49 AM
You guys said it best:

So far I'm liking BS2. The design and recipes are lovely. I like to see some changes..
- independent of FB
- separate toolbox from pantry
- ability to buy design styles like rs2 instead of individual number of items. (Eg buying table styles instead of actual number of tables of a particular design. Rs2 allows me to paint any number of tables I have. But with bs2, I have to buy and store X tables. If the tables are seasonal and are removed, I cant buy extra tables. Likewise for chairs, tiles, wallpaper etc)

All in all, so far so good. Thanks S8 for this new game. :)

The selfie thing cracked me up at first, now I just smile and shake my head at the self-centeredness of my customers. And the variety of eating habits was an interesting change. Some eat with their hands, other use utensils but not necessarily the same utensils (like the folks eating burgers with a spoon in RS2). I didn't think about the utensils being in the wrong hand, but wouldn't that depend on whether you are right- or left-handed?

Rynetory2
11-09-15, 08:13 AM
Does decorating play a part in this game or is it more of an after thought? The graphics look kind of squareish and cartoony.

Maybe other players feel differently but I feel BS2 is like RS2 whereby decoration is of lesser focus. In my RS2, I could hardly to decorate much due to 2 reasons, namely space constraint (expansion is more difficult unlike easy expansion requirements in RS1; lack of space to play around with decorations) and half of the decorations need gems. The decorations in BS2 are very lovely though.

catfoodie
11-09-15, 10:19 AM
I like the game, I think it definitely needs a lot of improvement, but looking through old threads for rs2 there were a lot of similar complaints. I'm sure there would be a lot of updates for the game. I don't think (at least hope) that s8 would give up on the wall and neighbours feature, I'm sure it would be added. I really wish that the decoration system would be the same as in rs2 because it looks extremely expensive to buy floor/walls right now. I mean I don't mind spending gems, but paying 10 gems for floor piece when I need around 50 or so looks a bit too much. Can't wait for new updates and see how the game going to delevelop:rolleyes:

catfoodie
11-09-15, 10:24 AM
Maybe other players feel differently but I feel BS2 is like RS2 whereby decoration is of lesser focus. In my RS2, I could hardly to decorate much due to 2 reasons, namely space constraint (expansion is more difficult unlike easy expansion requirements in RS1; lack of space to play around with decorations) and half of the decorations need gems. The decorations in BS2 are very lovely though.
I think that in lower levels it doesn't play a big role, but on higher levels it definitely become more important because the restaraunt become bigger and therefore you get much more space. I agree that there are a lot of decor for gems but there are few ways to get them (through recipes, playing games or just buying them). Also cruise events have a lot of expensive decor that you can win. I would love to see the same system here in bs2 that include events and gem dropping recipes! Wish we would get all content sooner rather than later. Don't want to wait half year for the first event (like it was in rs2).

Cyndra5780
11-09-15, 11:19 AM
I so agree, can't even get 1 brick to expand why? Then too many items have to use gems, not going to pay in real money cause just not able to buy gems ever.

cndlovers
11-09-15, 12:14 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but the Brits and Aussies are much more formal when eating and do practice proper utensil usage. I would imagine they find us Americans more barbaric in eating practices!! :-D

sweetypies97
11-09-15, 12:30 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but the Brits and Aussies are much more formal when eating and do practice proper utensil usage. I would imagine they find us Americans more barbaric in eating practices!! :-D

Aussie here. True, yes. I noticed the customers' appalling use of cutlery immediately. But IMO their taking photos of food is much worse in terms of manners.

bexiboo2
11-09-15, 01:39 PM

Pwahahaha! That did make me laugh :D I'm English and use my hands to eat with when I can (I just don't understand people who eat pizza with cutlery ... Why?!?!?!)

In your defence I've never seen an American down a coffee by scooping it with their hands !!

cndlovers
11-09-15, 01:42 PM
Aussie here. True, yes. I noticed the customers' appalling use of cutlery immediately. But IMO their taking photos of food is much worse in terms of manners.

I can however say (as a 53 yr old American) that the using both hands to shovel the food in...is not common practice!!! I do however, secretly admit this is hilarious to see.....in game context! Lol. Happy to see playful humor still exists in the minds of gamer programmers. :-D :-D

cndlovers
11-09-15, 01:55 PM
Pwahahaha! That did make me laugh :D I'm English and use my hands to eat with when I can (I just don't understand people who eat pizza with cutlery ... Why?!?!?!)

In your defence I've never seen an American down a coffee by scooping it with their hands !!

True..but what ever you do...don't break our American hearts by saying British eating manners are less than our fairy tales of tea parties and royal castle dinners. Here's here :-D

bexiboo2
11-09-15, 02:56 PM
Oh, of cours not dear !!!

I always take my afternoon tea of cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off and a cup of the finest tea in the drawing room, and ceremoniously stick my pinky out ....... !!!

zsona
11-09-15, 05:58 PM

zsona
11-09-15, 06:00 PM
Positives:

Like the design
Love the diversity of customers and their overall look.
Recipes are cute

Negatives:

Facebook only for friends. <---I don't have nor have any desire to get Facebook!
So how do I get helping hands? Especially if there are events!
Different than RS2 for designing. Having to pay a cost on every floor tile..etc!
I can't name my Bakery! Uhhhh, WHY?
Where's the wall? I like posting on my wall and others (can't do in this version)too.

That's it so far! Add more later if necessary!

I have facebook but I do not add people just for the sake of games. Aside from that it is technically against the facebook ToS to create fake accounts or to add people that you don't know. They could end your account at any time for doing so. I deleted hundreds of people years ago who weren't personal friends and unfortunately, many people I know in real life not only do not play games but find it highly offensive to get requests from games. So I hope they have an internal friend option with the storm8 id like they had before.

clothespeg
11-09-15, 11:10 PM
This game is now not fun at all. The delete option from the pantry is ridiculous. Want to remove 1 item. No, you have to remove all of that item. Cannot expand, not enough gems (unwilling to purchase) Why can't gems be earned as in other games! Game deleted 😡

catfoodie
11-09-15, 11:25 PM
This game is now not fun at all. The delete option from the pantry is ridiculous. Want to remove 1 item. No, you have to remove all of that item. Cannot expand, not enough gems (unwilling to purchase) Why can't gems be earned as in other games! Game deleted ��
Well the game just came out recently so they didn't include all of the options/features yet. Try it out in a few months I'm sure it will be much better!

Rynetory2
11-09-15, 11:47 PM
I think that in lower levels it doesn't play a big role, but on higher levels it definitely become more important because the restaraunt become bigger and therefore you get much more space. I agree that there are a lot of decor for gems but there are few ways to get them (through recipes, playing games or just buying them). Also cruise events have a lot of expensive decor that you can win. I would love to see the same system here in bs2 that include events and gem dropping recipes! Wish we would get all content sooner rather than later. Don't want to wait half year for the first event (like it was in rs2).

Yes it plays a part in higher level as your restaurant becomes bigger. I was kinda of thinking of my RS1 restaurant where i have so much room to play with. Agree, i hope to see something similiar to cruise in BS2. In the meantime the Fill To-Go Orders is a great feature, it makes the game more interesting. Have fun. :)

Rynetory2
11-09-15, 11:51 PM
This game is now not fun at all. The delete option from the pantry is ridiculous. Want to remove 1 item. No, you have to remove all of that item. Cannot expand, not enough gems (unwilling to purchase) Why can't gems be earned as in other games! Game deleted 😡

The game is at infancy stage, released only recently. Dont give up just yet. :) There are always room for suggestions and improvement. Im sure S8 will adjust whatever necessary from the feedbacks on the forum.

infinitelove19
11-10-15, 03:56 AM
I have finally pinpointed how long it takes Liam between visits... and you can set your timers for 2 hours. Longer than I initially thought, but there it is. I guess with 4 hours between to-go orders, that works pretty well.

cquinn32
11-10-15, 08:22 AM
Really enjoying the game so far!!

A few things I've noticed:

Please allow us to delete individual items from pantry

Drop the Facebook thing!! If that is the only way to make friends then I won't be playing long

Fix the gem trap in the shops where tapping anywhere on an item automatically spends your gems.

Need a recipe book

please add the coin value to the amount of servings on each counter

Please add more slots to the to go orders. The requirements for everything is very high.

Please separate the tool/materials from the pantry.

caramellenina
11-10-15, 10:51 AM
I just started a few days ago. I'm on level 12. I like it better than Restaurant 2. I totally get a kick out of the people taking out their cell phones and taking pictures of their desserts, lol, too funny! :D

goldsilvercoin
11-10-15, 10:55 AM
Im with Cquinn. Her list is spot on

Really enjoying the game so far!!

A few things I've noticed:

Please allow us to delete individual items from pantry

Drop the Facebook thing!! If that is the only way to make friends then I won't be playing long

Fix the gem trap in the shops where tapping anywhere on an item automatically spends your gems.

Need a recipe book

please add the coin value to the amount of servings on each counter

Please add more slots to the to go orders. The requirements for everything is very high.

Please separate the tool/materials from the pantry.

lauraleighashby
11-10-15, 11:35 AM
Hit level 15 last night and have been playing since...Friday or Saturday. Actually do like the game quite a bit but see a lot that could be better.

Likes- ongoing goals (so far)
The look of the bots...look like adults, much diversity
The look of the recipes
To go orders
Random gift drops

Recommended Improvements-
Some way other than FB to add neighbours (if you want it to be a FB game, then put it as an app on FB)
A way to visit neighbours and community (it IS listed as a social game)
Fix the gem traps- worst ones I have seen yet
Some way to earn gems in game
Separate storage into pantry and toolbox
Some way to view decor before buying it

Most of these have already been mentioned, but figured I would just reiterate. I don't play RS2, but the events mentioned in that game sound like fun so those would be nice to see.

sweetypies97
11-10-15, 01:04 PM
Don't get me wrong - for a brand new game it's good. Much better than RS2 was, and they seems to be ironing out problems. If they fixed the FB thing I might consider keeping it.

amerirish
11-10-15, 01:15 PM
My two cents:

Bad Parts:
I also hate the Facebook connection; no way am I going to bother my friends with requests for this silly game.
Parts need to be separated from ingredients.
We should be able to delete individual items instead of the whole lot of the item.

Good Parts:
Love that nothing goes bad.
Love everything about the 'people'; from the selfies to the poor shop kid's embarrassed face when the tables are full.
Love the ongoing goals and the take out deliveries (they're like mini goals)

cndlovers
11-10-15, 02:18 PM
GEM TRAPS ???

Is this the name given to lost gems because of accidental over-tapping? I never bought one thing with my start up gems and lost every one of them to my spazz tapping!

I couldn't figure out why my gem balance kept getting lower. Sorry I didn't know this sooner, but mostly feel foolish for being duped. Can this be addressed on future updates??? If not ALOT of potential long-term customer/players will be lost!!

Anyway we can be heard on this point?

catfoodie
11-10-15, 04:21 PM
GEM TRAPS ???

Is this the name given to lost gems because of accidental over-tapping? I never bought one thing with my start up gems and lost every one of them to my spazz tapping!

I couldn't figure out why my gem balance kept getting lower. Sorry I didn't know this sooner, but mostly feel foolish for being duped. Can this be addressed on future updates??? If not ALOT of potential long-term customer/players will be lost!!

I hope they going to address this issue. I usually don't really care about gem traps because I know it's how they get money, but this game have so much gem traps that are sooooo easy to get in, and they all take away not 1-2 gems but like 7 gems for sugar which restock is 10sec...Like it's ridiculous.

LonePudding
11-10-15, 05:50 PM
I wish the system for moving objects was like RS2's. Drag and drop. Not drag and confirm to drop. I find it quite annoying that I have to confirm to move an item. I'd much prefer a confirmation on spending gems.

ghjvcucjb
11-10-15, 07:11 PM
GEM TRAPS ???

Yes, that's what we call them in all S8 games. You are not alone I lost all my start up gems within the first 48 hours. I don't consider it spastic collecting since I was collecting the same way I collect in the other games. This game was just ridiculously quick to switch to the gem option. However I noticed something got adjusted and it's not as bad as before so thanks TL for that. The silver lining is that now I don't have any gems I can't lose them in any more Gem traps! Lol

ghjvcucjb
11-10-15, 07:12 PM
I wish the system for moving objects was like RS2's. Drag and drop. Not drag and confirm to drop. I find it quite annoying that I have to confirm to move an item. I'd much prefer a confirmation on spending gems.

ITA. Maybe you could add this to the suggestion section.

ghjvcucjb
11-10-15, 07:14 PM
I hope they going to address this issue. I usually don't really care about gem traps because I know it's how they get money, but this game have so much gem traps that are sooooo easy to get in, and they all take away not 1-2 gems but like 7 gems for sugar which restock is 10sec...Like it's ridiculous.

ITA plus I'm at Level 15 and have not received a single gem through any goals. As of now, once you lose a gem, it's gone.

TimeForACuppaTea
11-10-15, 07:35 PM

I totally agree. I hate having to tap so many times just to move something to a different spot. It shouldn't be so complicated. I also wish the shopping tab/bar (not sure what to call it) at the bottom doesn't stay down unless you're actively moving something. Would love for it to get out of your way like it does in RS and BS.

I'm also level 15 and haven't earned any gems from anything. I've fully mastered (gold level) 3 different recipes and got no gems for it. So I'd say the only way to get any gems in this game is to buy them, which I won't do.

ghjvcucjb
11-10-15, 08:44 PM
Need to add I really like the get item feature when you go to make a recipe. Wish they would add that to RS2

jandtandn
11-11-15, 09:19 AM
I don't know if my game is glitches out, but I wanted to remove one item from my pantry and it would only deleted all of that item. Is it like that for everyone? I also wish moving items was easier.

lauraleighashby
11-11-15, 10:07 AM
I don't know if my game is glitches out, but I wanted to remove one item from my pantry and it would only deleted all of that item. Is it like that for everyone? I also wish moving items was easier.

It is like that for everyone. Many have strongly suggested it be changed, so hopefully it will be fixed.

ghjvcucjb
11-11-15, 10:42 AM
So I'm at the point I was worried about. My pantry keeps getting full and I need 1 or 2 items like sugar to make a recipe but can't because I'm full. I don't want to delete ALL upgrade parts, just need to delete 1 or 2 items. THIS needs to be fixed ASAP. 1 separate upgrade parts from food in the pantry 2 allow to delete 1 item at a time instead of ALL. If it isn't fixed soon, I'll be forced to quit and delete the game as it goes against my sense of propriety to delete needed items. I'd rather stop playing

Also, pretty sure yesterday my pantry could hold 60 items after my last pantry upgrade. Then my game kept spazzing last night and reloaded several times this morning and then I realized my pantry was full. It took me a few minutes to realize it's now at 50.

ETA: was able to get 1 milk and make the latte and now I've freed up a couple of spaces. However I'm stuck only having room to make 1 item at a time and can't make any of the goal items so I'll be in the same stuck position before the end of the day.

infinitelove19
11-11-15, 03:13 PM
I am finding the butter takes Waaay too long to restock! Everything else in that shop refreshes in under a minute, aside from the cream which takes 20 minutes. At 2 HOURS the butter has my french oven sitting idle half the time, and that's if I don't make any chocolate chip cookies. Faster refresh and/or, less butter required for recipes would be good.

LonePudding
11-11-15, 04:57 PM
I know they are two different games, but I am hoping RS2 and BS2 are similar in terms of events and limited goals. I would love to see timed goal lines and cruises like in RS2. Maybe something for thanksgiving..? Don't want to wait until Christmas to see something seasonal.

MissHKNY
11-11-15, 06:24 PM
U can delete stuff in storage. Go into market and click on plus icon next to jar on top. Only thing is inventory has to be full and when u delete, u delete all of that item. Please fix this :)

MissHKNY
11-11-15, 06:27 PM
And why oh why I can't increase storage to 50 yet when I've collect enough parts to do so. And to top it off all the parts I've collected is taking up the limited space I have for my inventory.

clothespeg
11-11-15, 10:13 PM
Decided to give this game another go. My mistake ! I am stuck !! Please separate parts and ingredients. Again, pantry delete option is ridiculous, please give us the choice to delete 1 item at a time. Will put this game on hold until there are some positive changes for players

zaccy678
11-11-15, 11:27 PM
I liked the game up to Level 10. It then becomes ridiculously slow-moving in my opinion.

Too many xp required to level up, too few xp given for cooking.

The goals start to take too long to complete, mainly due to milk and fruit taking so long to replenish.

Gifts aren't what we need. It's nice to get a thank you note, but when you have a dozen in your pantry that are just taking up space it gets frustrating. Speaking of which, how long does it take before you can expand your pantry beyond 30 items?

I won't be continuing this one, in fact I can't even be bothered getting up to L15 for the free gems/gold :(

sweetpea6645
11-12-15, 09:19 AM
I can't visit my neighbors but then again I have no neighbors on here and I'm not connecting it to my facebook because I'm hardly ever on there someone else mentioned Twitter or Instagram or why not just your Google Account something like that I hate that there's no wall I can't visit other bakeries I can't ask for help some of these parts I don't even know where to get I mean the list just goes on and on it's a really cute set up but I really prefer Bakery story 1 instead of 2 you should be able to ask your neighbors for help in fact how do you even get neighbors I don't know how to get neighbors where's the add me on here I mean I'm trying to play the game but it doesn't have anything that bakery story of 1/2 I want to be able to play with my friends that I have on bakery story one if I can't do that then I don't think I'm going to play bakery story too when it's going to be uninstalled

alexsjusa
11-12-15, 10:02 AM
I liked the game up to Level 10. It then becomes ridiculously slow-moving in my opinion.

Too many xp required to level up, too few xp given for cooking.

The goals start to take too long to complete, mainly due to milk and fruit taking so long to replenish.

Gifts aren't what we need. It's nice to get a thank you note, but when you have a dozen in your pantry that are just taking up space it gets frustrating. Speaking of which, how long does it take before you can expand your pantry beyond 30 items?

I won't be continuing this one, in fact I can't even be bothered getting up to L15 for the free gems/gold :(

Ditto on all you said! It's infuriating now! Nice game but it's as if they are forcing you to buy gems to get ahead! My restaurant is crowded! It's been so long since I could expand my bakery another goal for expansion comes up! I keep getting thank you notes. I need blueprint and I need baskets!! Why are they non-existent? They really need to look into that!

I can't wait to delete this if I even level up at all!

ghjvcucjb
11-12-15, 11:36 AM
I'm stuck. Level 15 and won't be able to make it to level16 for my much needed gems in other games unless S8 makes some serious changes. Sucks too. I was actually enjoying the simplicity of this one.

ginrae22
11-12-15, 01:26 PM
I was actually a bit excited when I first saw the release of this game, and the pop ups to download it. The graphics are very different from any of the other games (in my opinion) but they look good, and I am only level 7 so I have not played enough yet to really get a good opinion for if I like it that much yet. I'm hopeful though. I really am not fond of the events in rs2 AT ALL, and I think they are way too time consuming which of course pushes many people to use or buy gems to finish, so I get it, but I'm just not a fan of the events in the newer games now as much as the events in the older games, or how the events in FS2 used to be less demanding of our time etc. I miss just having holiday decor, or special holiday things to make, cook etc in the games and I liked that we had them for a limited time and then they were gone. Now its allll so different. Anyway. I guess I will see how I like the game after playing a few more weeks!

meme1098
11-12-15, 02:57 PM
I'm also stuck! Made the wrong move of tapping notes & gifts from customers & now my storage is full and can't bake anything since every recipe needs 1 or more item. I do not want to delete all of an item!!! Just 1 of something here & there!!
Guess I'm done! Too bad since I kinda liked the game up until today

ghjvcucjb
11-12-15, 03:20 PM
I'm also stuck! Made the wrong move of tapping notes & gifts from customers & now my storage is full and can't bake anything since every recipe needs 1 or more item. I do not want to delete all of an item!!! Just 1 of something here & there!!
Guess I'm done! Too bad since I kinda liked the game up until today

this is the exact same situation I'm in. I'm at 50 inventory (was at a 60 but the game reverted back to 50 the next day but didn't return my 2 shelves so I couldn't re upgrade), just looked and I mostly have 1 of everything with a couple of 2 amounts. Can't make anything even if I deleted the 1 sugar or 1 flour or 1 lemon, that won't do me any good. I need multiples of all those items. The only thing I have numerous amounts of are the thank you notes, 23 to be exact. But I don't want to delete 23!!!! Even before I got stuck today I was already in a predicament unable to make many of the recipes because they call for 7 or more ingredients and I never have that much room. I literally can't do anything. Will hold out for a few more days to see if Storm8 fixes the issue but if not will be deleting the game this weekend.

aiyoosha
11-13-15, 06:37 AM
im barely at level 9 for petes sake, hopefully i can get more stuff done now and fly through the levels now that i got internet back

enaid03
11-13-15, 06:53 AM
Got to level 16. The delete all or nothing and those thank you notes hogging my storage has caused me to quit.

There are just too many bugs in this game to continue at this point.

meme1098
11-13-15, 01:31 PM
Got to level 16. The delete all or nothing and those thank you notes hogging my storage has caused me to quit.

There are just too many bugs in this game to continue at this point.

I will be doing the same since no one seems to be addressing the issues.

catfoodie
11-13-15, 03:00 PM
I will be doing the same since no one seems to be addressing the issues.
Well it's being said that the update is coming soon, I'm sure a lot of issues would be fixed. It's a brand new game you can't expect it to be the same as games that out for a few years now. Give it some time and it most likely become better :>

meme1098
11-13-15, 03:53 PM
Well it's being said that the update is coming soon, I'm sure a lot of issues would be fixed. It's a brand new game you can't expect it to be the same as games that out for a few years now. Give it some time and it most likely become better :>

Hopefully it comes sooner than later...lol.

catfoodie
11-13-15, 08:02 PM
Hopefully it comes sooner than later...lol.
Yeah I'm struggling with deleting items too and I hate the decoration systems and gem traps. I just hope that they actually going to address issues. I know it takes time so I'm being patient but hoping for update maybe some time next week... :>

polllya
11-14-15, 08:07 AM
Pro
Cute design
The appearance of the food changes as it is being cook.
The food looks really cute as well.
Wish sugar is so sufficient in RS2.
Con
Having problem going in to the game. It is stuck at 0 percent for 10 minutes before I forced shutdown the game but it is still stuck at 0 percent.
Unable to delete the number of ingredient that I want.
The tools not being separated from the ingredients.
Not getting the tools I need which is the same problem as RS2 with too many thank you notes. I still have not gotten a ticket or coupon or whatever it is is it unlocked at a level?
I hate having to use Facebook.

LonePudding
11-14-15, 09:56 AM
Not getting the tools I need which is the same problem as RS2 with too many thank you notes. I still have not gotten a ticket or coupon or whatever it is is it unlocked at a level?

The tickets and other non-food items (except thank you notes - dropped by Liam) can be obtained by complete in to-go orders. This becomes available at level 7.

214sed
11-14-15, 05:37 PM
Everything is fine with the new game expect facebook friends. Why do we need that frist of all? The only thing that's missing is the community list, that way, you can be friend with anyone around the world. You can gave friend more quickly if you had that list.

wingus
11-15-15, 05:40 PM
Some (or probably most!) of my likes and dislikes have probably already been mentioned, but I thought I'd put my 2c in as well!

*Love*
- Cute graphics
- More brightly coloured graphics
- Quirky customers (love how they take photos of their food, although drinking tea through a straw is a little strange!)
- Larger graphics, buttons and messages etc.
- Completing To Go orders
- More tasks to complete, although the stories that go with the tasks are a little cheesy!

#Hate#
- INGREDIENT GEM TRAPS!!!!! I have lost too many gems by accidentally tapping on an ingredient when it wasn't restocked yet. So annoying!!!!!!
- Inability to delete individual items in the pantry/storage.
- No separate storage for ingredients and parts.
- No way to earn more gems besides purchasing. I will not spend a cent on this game because of the first point above. It is far too easy to lose gems and that would be a complete waste of my money.
- Sparseness of parts. My storage is full before I have even half the amount of parts I need. I get lots of coins from the To Go orders, which is great, but more parts would be good so I can expand shelves and shop floor quicker.
- 90% of decorations, flooring, walls etc. are for gems. Ridiculous.

That's probably about it at this stage. I don't find BS2 as fun to play as RS2. Maybe when a Community function is added it might be more fun, but at the moment I find quite boring and frustrating.

Clark_Wayne
11-16-15, 02:31 PM
Level 16 reached. Apps deleted

feonalily
11-16-15, 03:31 PM
Level 16 reached. Apps deleted
did your appliances go back into their crates cuz thats what happened to me. I posted the problem in the issues/bugs forum

aiyoosha
11-17-15, 11:53 AM
I cant even cook cuz it says pantry full every dam time and i cant even cook anything cuz i dont have enough ingredients ughhh :mad: i shouldnt have to delete anything to get more room the room should be there regardless since its a flippin cooking game!!!!!!!!! what the heck am i supposed to do if i cant cook?! huh haaa haaaa :mad: and why oh why does it take special things just to increase the size grrrrr

i quit this game. DELETED!

ghjvcucjb
11-17-15, 12:58 PM
I'm at level 18 and haven't been able to upgrade or expand since level 13 (?) due to 1 shelf and 1 blueprint. I originally upgraded my pantry to 60 but the next day it reverted back to 50 and didn't return my 2 shelves. My pantry is constantly full even though I've deleted ALL my notes and don't collect them any more. The drops need to be better and the pantry issues NEED to be fixed soon or I'll have to delete the game too

Beecause
11-17-15, 02:35 PM
I'm at level 18 and haven't been able to upgrade or expand since level 13 (?) due to 1 shelf and 1 blueprint. I originally upgraded my pantry to 60 but the next day it reverted back to 50 and didn't return my 2 shelves. My pantry is constantly full even though I've deleted ALL my notes and don't collect them any more. The drops need to be better and the pantry issues NEED to be fixed soon or I'll have to delete the game too

It was a shelf for me too that took forever. I finally got one as i got close to level 19 and started my next expansion, mostly just to clear space
in the pantry. Shortly after i started the expasion, i leveled up to 19 and got a new goal to expand. The expasion that was running did not count
towards that new goal.
Just in case-level up to 19 first, even if you get the parts needed to expand hold off till level 19, get the goal to expand, then start your next expansion.

alelie89
11-17-15, 04:52 PM
I've been playing Bakery Story 2 for a few days and I like the game overall. :) Some things that stood out to me and that I really like are the diversity of the characters and how they each have cute little animations, like the customers taking selfies or the guy at the register falling asleep. Also I really like the idea of the to-go orders. The only thing I don't like is connecting with Facebook. I deleted my Facebook and really don't want to join up again so I hope that having a Facebook will not be a huge part of this game other than the blue mittens to speed up baking.

funforcatalina
11-18-15, 08:47 AM
I'm currently at level 16 and have my bakery expanded to 10x11...

Negatives
1. There still isn't enough room to neatly display all of the appliances we have to put out.
2. Why can we not change the color on the appliances to match our decor? (Much of the decor costs gems which I don't mind but, I do mind when you spend for it and your place still looks ugly because the appliances don't match the theme!)
3. Why can we not store appliances? For example, the coffee cart serves no purpose but takes up valuable real estate.
4. Will there be a thanksgiving event?? The game gets kind of boring once you reach the higher levels as everything takes longer to bake...

Positives
1. The 3D graphics make the game feel current and up to date.
2. I enjoy the town setting and look forward to more shops in the future.

janddolphins
11-19-15, 11:04 PM
I have to admit I am enjoying this game. I did play RS2 past the gem point and forget the reason why I got bored of it and eventually deleted it, but may be bringing it back now too!

What I like most is that food does not spoil so I can go at my own space. I like being able to see permanently when a dish is mastered (something hard to see in version one) and I like that its a bit slower, not everything in life is a race so having a game that just is (as long as crazy timed quests are not introduced) is nice. Will keep playing for now and see where it goes.

One recommendation I would make that has been stated above is slightly changing the ratio of what you win as a prize for deliveries, way too often it is coins when there are so many parts needed. Even mixing it up and potentially putting in a couple of the food items that that hours to cook would be better than coins.

Other changes I really want to see is being able to select how much from pantry we can delete and the option for s8 friends as I will NOT be connecting this to FB and it feels lonely right now. Having the feature to add straight from someones page like in RS2 would be a really nice addition as a way to add friends!

flmuneca
11-20-15, 03:33 AM
Not liking the 3D. Find it funny they use fork & knives for muffins & cookies.
Hate loosing gems because it won't confirm. I would accidently try to order an item without we realizing the clock was counting down.
Hate waiting for items to expand storage & shops.
SOON as I can I will delete it.

kimberly0822
11-21-15, 07:37 AM
Lots of dislikes. The fact that you cant put some items in storage..including the ovens. Its a pain to move stuff because you have to confirm by hitting the check mark (old school..t8 is beyond that in other games). The pantry needs to have separate compartments..holding all the building materials reduces room for actual cooking supplies. There should be a better way of getting building supplies OR at least if the only way to get them is thru the take out cart..then give supplies and not money (9 out of 10 times i get coins). The game itself is a bit childish. I like bakery 1 much better, but if its made for kids I imagine it wouldnt take much for them to loose interest because everything is so hard to get to advance.
Whats the deal with the neighbors requests already..cant understand why this option is unavailable. I wont give the game a rating yet because its new, but fyi if I was going to rate it..my rating would be 1 star. This game needs alot of work!

Natasha_07
11-21-15, 07:50 AM
Like:

-The town is nice and the people are okay looking.

Dislike:

-Pantry full

-Facebook nonsense

-Why are the kids taking selfies of their food all the time ?!?!?!

-Takes too long to gather ingredients, expansions in general.

-Too much tapping when moving around things, if you move a chair it should turn to the direction of the table as default, yet allowing options to put them how you want. I have to click so much just to put tables to chairs.
In general takes too much time to move things around, sometimes they're stuck.

kat8rose
11-21-15, 02:16 PM
** need a separate pantry for tools/expansion
items. And to delete items 1 at a time, not ALL or
none ...Like rs2

** need neighbors and gifts! Not 3 a day!
and gifts we can actually use to expand, or
food items that take a long time to
regenerate...cherry, coffee, butter butter and
butter!

** appliances are way too expensive.

******* GEM SALES

and when game reset during a gem transaction, this can be checked by customer service and they should be refunded to the player. it is not our fault if your server reset and we lose gems.

vednir
11-22-15, 10:02 PM
Played to level 16, immediately deleted the game since it was getting ridiculous trying to save enough upgrade items and still have enough space for ingredients. The second shelf to expand the pantry to 60 never appeared.

Clearly they want more pay to play vs RS2 since all the missing features already exist there.
Expansion items take up pantry space.
Can't discard single items.
Accidentally lost most gems on ingredient traps.

8chikel
11-22-15, 10:52 PM
Nice touch but having hard time with net connection

catfoodie
11-27-15, 04:07 PM
I got pretty bored with the game:< got to level 18 and don't really feel like checking on it too often. Half of my appliences constantly empty because I don't have enough indgridients and I always forget to check the game in half an hour or so to get food. Another thing that pisses me off is decoration system, it's just so frustrating! I hate that the window with decor is so big that it takes half the screen of my phone, and even if I try to zoom out it stays the same size. Decorations on the wall look weird most of the times, when I drag it to the spot it looks good but as soon as I hit the confirmation button the decor moves slightly and end up looking weird (in my opinion). I don't have this kind of problems in rs2, just bs2. Considering that the big part of the game for me is decoration it this system kind of ****s all fun to move objects around. Not to mention that this game don't have a consept of styles. I'm usually down to spend some gems to get cool chair/table/floor/wall style in rs2, but in bs2 you have to pay for each object separately. For example, wall piece cost 2 gems which seems pretty affordable, but when you need to buy 20 pieces it would cost 40 gems. For only 20 pieces. With restaraunt expansion it would probably be more like 60 gems just for wallpaper, not to mentions tables, floors etc. Seems a little too much gems. And overall I find this system very I inconvinient, if I want to have few tables with one design and few tables with other design I have to manually drag and place them instead of just painting them.

Oh yeah, to go orders is probably the worst part. I like the system, but when I do all this orders and only get like 750 coins or helping hand I get frustrated haha. In Rs2 to upgrade pantry or shops you need materials that Npc drops, so there is no effort whatsoever. In bs2 I need to put extra effort to try get materials and most of the time I don't get anything useful at all! So naturally I forget about those orders most of the time. In the couple of weeks when I was playing constantly I was filling to go orders and managed to get like 2 tickets/baskets, which is not much at all. I would love to see either harder orders-better rewards or just an npc who would drop those materials (but we would need more stuff to upgrade stores).

Maybe I'm just too used to play rs2 (since I never played bs1 or rs1), but so far I'm not quite impressed with bakery story 2. The only thing that keeps me playing is the hope that game is going to be better (since it just got released) and I don't want to miss out or be low level when S8 will introduce events.

spiderdust
11-27-15, 08:38 PM
Honestly, at this point I'm only playing it to get the gem goals finished for my other games, and then I'm deleting it from my phone.

It's neither interesting nor challenging enough for me to keep it, as I enjoy the regular Bakery Story a lot more. There's no way to customize my restaurant, other than maybe getting more expensive tables and chairs, no seasonal decor or recipes, etc.

ghjvcucjb
11-28-15, 02:15 AM
I finally have enough of parts to upgrade pantry so started to collect thank you notes again, but now there are no notes! The guy only drops coins! This is ridiculous.

214sed
11-28-15, 12:31 PM
I finally have enough of parts to upgrade pantry so started to collect thank you notes again, but now there are no notes! The guy only drops coins! This is ridiculous.

This didn't happen to me.

liltadple
11-29-15, 12:08 PM
My husband and I have both been having this problem since the update last week. I totally agree, its ridiculous, especially when you need a ton of thank you notes for land expansions and to upgrade storage and everything in the game and now you can't even get the thank you notes. We used to love this game, but now that this is happening, feelings about the game are definitely changing.

Rynetory2
11-30-15, 08:24 AM
There were feedbacks from members that they maxed their pantry due to frequent Thank you notes and others said Liam just sat there the whole day... Perhaps the change of Thank you notes to the randomness of coins and notes was a temporary quick fix while they work on a better permanent solution which takes a longer time. Well this is my guess.

This game is new so we can expect more enhancements and new features in near future. You can see S8 comments from several other threads; they are considering and looking into new features and fixes. Give it time, I'm sure the game will improve. :)

janddolphins
12-03-15, 08:21 PM
Giving some new updates as I have been playing a while longer now and have some new, and some of the same information

Pros:

I love that the food doesnt spoil as in RS2 as it makes the game much more laid back
The images are really nice
I like the food items overall that are offered
I found it relatively easy to reach level 20

Cons:
Storage, we all have talked about this, seperating food from the rest
Liam stopped dropping tickets every time, there was no need to fix this, it was easy enough to not click on him if you did not want a ticket from him
To-Go Orders need to drop more supplies and less coins
Cost for appliances and learning dishes after level 20 does not seem proportionate to what we are making, it will take weeks just to get an item and learn a dish, making the game become frustrating
I was really hoping with new update we would be able to have S8 friends and the ability to gift useful supplies, if the social aspect of the game is gone it is not quite as fun

I know it is a new game, so hanging in for a while to see if it will improve. It also inspired me to restart RS2 which I had stopped after reaching quest goal and I am enjoying that game a lot. The video features to get extra hands would be nice to have here as well, as would the ability to choose how many of an item we want to delete.

So I say good start but there is a lot of progress to be made and in the world of games progress needs to be made quickly or you lose interest of people. I will give it another month those and then reevaluate if I am enjoying it. Just went through my games and deleted all the ones I no longer play, a lot of s8 puzzles were there as were some non s8 games, but i have my main game which will always be castle story :)

seesters
12-04-15, 06:45 AM
$200,000 for a blender?? These prices are just too high.

pipipooh1977
12-04-15, 07:20 AM
I don't think I will play this much, there's no gem rewards at all! No incentive to keep playing. WAY TO MANY GEM TRAPS! Not enough storage, the items you need to upgrade the storage take necessary room. And there is no option to delete one item at a time. You only have a choice to delete all or none...dumb! S8 better make some changes fast or this game will be uninstalled like RS2 was.

Sparkly888
12-13-15, 08:29 AM
Well this is the first game I haven't deleted within hours for the past year. I played Bakery Story till I had all the machines.

Love that the food doesn't spoil!
Wish there was at least one thing that I could expand for just cash without waiting for random expansion item drops. Pantry would be best.

Love the To-Go orders!
Enjoying the yummy recipes.
I'm a little bummed that some of the ingredients take so long to restock. With the limited pantry space I just can't keep all my appliances running. That might change as I progress. Hopefully.

Personally I'm okay with the fact that it's not a social game. But I expect that to change.
Still have all my gems. Have been playing S8 games long enough to be careful of that. Still with the gem traps S8? People are more likely to buy gems if they can feel sure that they won't be spent until they choose.

Still I'm happy that I can progress(if slowly) without spending gems.
And the deciding factor for me is if I want to actually buy gems and support the game. Considered it last night but didn't have enough money in my iTunes account.

goombajoe
12-15-15, 10:44 AM
Quick thoughts at level 25:

EVERYTHING past level 22 is way, way overpriced.
It's incredibly easy to spend gems on accident and no option to verify if you want to use gems.
The majority of items are not worth making once you're level 22 (there are about 4 items worth making).
Single gems as a reward has to be the most laughable prize I've seen.
Rewards from deliveries in general are incredibly poorly balanced.
There are tons of bugs ranging from hair disappearing, customers suddenly dashing out of the door at triple speed, baked goods appearing as a white cube, customers not moving in their seat, the KA-CHING sound bug when you start up the game, and not actually getting the single gem you can sometimes be awarded with added to your gem total.

I like the core concepts of the game but the execution, particularly the complete and utter lack of balance, is absolutely infuriating. It seems the developers are trying to scam out a quick buck before the game dies. And I say dies even though the game is new because at this rate it'll never get off the ground.

sweetypies97
12-15-15, 12:38 PM
Getting bored with it. Gem reward goals are necessary if there are quests that require gems.

kaelynrosecake
12-16-15, 03:03 AM
Pros
the characters look friendly and it's fun to have characters from outside the bakery

Cons
no community/wall (I don't use facebook and don't intend to)
getting parts takes too long to be rewarding (if we could ask neighbors like in other games would be great)
waiting for bakery to expand was a surprising concept to me!
waiting for items to restock is frustrating for me
pantry getting full is also another frustration

i started playing BS and BS2 on the same day (fairly recently) and i couldn't carry on with BS2 due to the last 2 items on my cons list. also i can't help but compare BS and BS2...i prefer the old school graphics of BS rather than BS2.

pieandcream
12-16-15, 07:04 AM
BS is better than BS2. by far!

kat8rose
12-20-15, 07:15 PM
Need separate pantries now

crs875
12-20-15, 07:37 PM
I love that the food does not spoil. Thank you for that feature!

However it is completely disappointing that I have had to spend about 600,000 coins to learn how to make one dish. Which I have yet to make.

To go orders do not need a 4 hour lag time.

Don't make me wait hours for butter and other items.

Give us the ability to delete items by a particular quantity of our choosing.

There should be a pantry for food items and a supply closet for the 48 grocery baskets and bricks that are accumulating while I wait for one coupon every 6 to go orders.

Lower the prices on learning to cook a new item. This is not Le Cordon Bleu. Confirm gem purchases for all Storm 8 games.

Let us know how many experience points it takes to level up.

Maja_Madagaskar
12-29-15, 04:17 PM
Problem bei Bakery2
-keine Nachbarn
-keine Besuche m?glich
-vieles viel zu teuer
-viel zu lange wartezeiten f?r Butter
-kein Storage nur Speisekammer
-kein M?lleimer
-1. Dankesch?n Karten / 2. Erdnussbutter / 3.
50 Ausstechformen (nicht m?glich) weggeworfen

M?chte spielen aber durch die Probleme -geht der SpielSpass verloren -Wegen jedem STORM8-SPIEL -M?chte ich nicht das ganze Forum studieren -
-GOOGLE TRANSLATER ?bersetzt das alles
-Sorry, aber vieles ist doof und nervt und ist total unlogisch
LEIDER
Aber die Weihnachtsb?ckerei2 ist mal ein Anfang in die richtige Richtung? -nicht zu teuer -nicht zu lange warten -mehr Rezepte -mehr Goals

ID Maja_Madagaskar -Android 4.2.2 -

sally_brown
12-30-15, 08:43 PM
I agree with Maja_Madagaskar, especially about the butter, and coffee, too.

Perry9877
12-31-15, 03:14 AM
I am hoping that this sense of Deja Vu is not glimpse into what lies ahead.

I waited for this game since Farm Story 2 came out. I began playing this game (BS1) a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away and on a device light years away from the iPad I use now.

I began playing Restaurant Story 2 when it first came out a wee bit over a year ago. I like it well enough, but find the time consuming cruises out of my reach more times than not. (I just finished my FIRST cruise without using gems this evening!!!!). I like how things are set up, ie: buying styles, not single pieces; having a cookbook instead of waiting until you have a free appliance to check requirements; LOVE getting tips, they really help a lot; like the achievements cabinet and the gems that come with it; and also the amount of attention you need to have to keep up with food, goals and requests for water. What I am saying is that I believe this to be a successful game. Another game I like and think is very successful is Castle Story.

Yup, I know I am in the Forum for Bakery Story 2. . . .

Here is the scary part:

After Castle Story was out for quite a while there was a game introduced called Fairytale Wonderland. (I can still feel everyone's pain here). FTW was very similar to CS, but there was one HUGE difference. Over time challenges were identified in CS and changes were made to help correct the difficulties we players were experiencing. We got a Magic Fruit Tree, Living Wood Tree, coal and iron drops were adjusted, etc. When FTW came along, I think a lot of us expected problems to have been corrected in the new game, but it was like nothing was learned from the history of CS. For those of us who began to play CS when it was first introduced, it was like taking a disappointing trip down memory lane.

Along comes BS 2. Again we have RS2 to reference but many of the things that make RS 2 a pleasure to play are not present in BS 2. There really is not a whole lot that makes BS 2 different from BS, whereas there are huge improvements between RS and RS 2 (also between FS and FS 2).

So what makes me feel like BS 2 is like receiving coal in my stocking? Fairytale Wonderland was dropped faster than a date who licks their fingers and slurps (loudly) their beverages in public. I really liked FTW and having it dropped after less than 6 months was rough (that was when development stopped, even if it took longer for TL/S8 to admit it). Although Monster Story was around a bit longer it was also kicked to the curb.

There are so many variations to the drop 3 games on the roster, but not enough Adventure/Simulation-Breeding/Time Management games IMHO.

I really hope we can keep a successful version of Bakery Story 2 around for a long time to come!

saragirl107
12-31-15, 08:36 AM
Love bakery story 2 yet I have some negatives.
Takes DAYS sometimes WEEKS 😭😤 to get enough coin to unlock ingredients, recipes, expansions, etc.
I don't buy gems so I can't unlock addition designer equipment. I can't earn enough gems on my own.
Special deliveries award very little coin and not enough items for advancement.
But I love the story line, the constant goals, the people, the seasonal fun story/goals, the items to purchase when I can, absolutely love that the food doesn't spoil, the pantry, and the neighborhood too.

CammoAmmo
12-31-15, 09:56 AM
Oh gosh, I really hope they don't drop BS2. I think BS is one of their largest games and BS has the potential to be huge only if they keep working on it. Then it will really surpass everything. I think it would be the first S8 game for me to spend real money on. Please don't abandon this game S8!

kooky panda
12-31-15, 04:43 PM
Oh gosh, I really hope they don't drop BS2. I think BS is one of their largest games and BS has the potential to be huge only if they keep working on it. Then it will really surpass everything. I think it would be the first S8 game for me to spend real money on. Please don't abandon this game S8!
I can assure you that BS2 is very active and there are no plans of dropping this game. :)

seesters
01-18-16, 06:34 AM
The costs are far too high for this game, both in gems and "cash." I will probably stop when I run out of gems. I finally had enough money to buy the cake maker for 290,000. The first recipe costs 250,000 to learn.....oh how ridiculous.

Rynetory2
01-18-16, 07:16 AM
The costs are far too high for this game, both in gems and "cash." I will probably stop when I run out of gems. I finally had enough money to buy the cake maker for 290,000. The first recipe costs 250,000 to learn.....oh how ridiculous.

As you level up, higher profit recipes are available to you so you will be able to earn more coins to learn recipes. I guess the high cost of learning is one of the game challenges. Dont give up, keep going.

LHbaker8
01-18-16, 11:38 AM
As you level up, higher profit recipes are available to you so you will be able to earn more coins to learn recipes. I guess the high cost of learning is one of the game challenges. Dont give up, keep going.

Sorry, rynetory, I've got to agree with seesters. The costs in this game ARE too high, IMO. Some of the recipes may have a higher plate price as you level up, but then the cost to do just about anything skyrockets too. Instead of 250K - 300K coins, we're looking at 1M+

I'm at level 28 and there aren't really that many "higher profit" recipes available. PB balls at 6pts and the 2 cakes at 8 pts and ... well that's about it. The newest main recipe I've come across is only 5 pts (raspberry galette) and that's the same amount as the previous recipe for that appliance (creme brulee) but it costs $350K to unlock the new ingredients plus IIRK >$1M to unlock the recipe. So after saving and saving and waiting and waiting to open that new recipe, players wind up with something that's no better than the recipes they already have for the same appliance.

I thought the new short-term goals (the Marshmallow ones) might add a bit of fun, but that goal chain is growing tedious because it relies so heavily on one ingredient through all the goals. I thought BS2 would be a fun little game to play in my downtime, but it's kind of dull at the moment...just waiting around for ingredients to be dropped or available to buy after hours and hours, and then having only enough to able to make just 1-2 batches of homemade ingredients and THAT's only enough to maybe make only one recipe, when the current goal requires like 30 batches, and no real ability to earn more of the limited ingredient (since any chance to earn more requires recipes that use the same exact ingredient)

So, IMO the "value" does not get better as you go further in the game. In fact, the long wait times and cook times and high costs makes the game more tedious. I hope the designers take a look and reevaluate the value structure of the game to make it more interesting with the next update.

Rynetory2
01-20-16, 09:23 AM
We have less than 25 recipes in the game. If the cost of unlocking and learning is greatly lowered to enable you to learn a new recipe a day, I'm wondering if players would be bored after 25 days? I agree the cost of learning and unlocking is high but that is one of the challenges of the game. However I totally understand if that can be too challenging for some. As for me, I need at least 1.5 million coins and I am enjoying the process of earning it. Hope you are enjoying your game. Cheers.

LHbaker8
01-21-16, 10:13 AM
If the cost of unlocking and learning is greatly lowered to enable you to learn a new recipe a day, I'm wondering if players would be bored after 25 days? I agree the cost of learning and unlocking is high but that is one of the challenges of the game. However I totally understand if that can be too challenging for some.

Not challenging...Boring LOL

I understand your point about not having everything in the game progress so quickly that people are able to fly through recipes and get bored.

But it seems like the delay for new ingredients/recipes is already built into the game, through the levels. Players have to work hard and complete a lot of goals/bakes/etc to gain experience points to get to new levels.

So we already have to wait until we progress in the game before we can access access new things. So for some of the recipes in the upper levels, players have to wait, playing a long time before they can access them. But once a player reaches the level to have access to them, for me, I'd prefer to be able to unlock them relatively quickly, through earning money, completing goals, etc. So say if there's a new recipe and ingredient for it that shows up at a level, if it costs 300K coins to unlock the ingredient and 300,000 coins to unlock the recipe, that's still a lot of bakes to access those (say an average of 5 coins per plate, that's 120,000 plates) and say there's a new appliance needed for that recipe for maybe 500,000 coins (so another 100,000 plates) That's still a lot of baking and activity that probably will take a few days or longer. But it's doable and fun, because you're not just waiting and waiting.

But when the cost to do just about anything is 1M+ (and to bake a new recipe takes new ingredients + appliances + recipe, each with its own high cost) and the plate values don't go up accordingly, then everything just grinds to a halt and it gets less enjoyable. And sometimes there are several things requiring so many coins that take days and days and days to accumulate so that it's hard to even keep track of what we're trying to earn coins for. Was it 1M to unlock a recipe? or 500K for an ingredient? or 2M to expand?

As a suggestion, maybe they could look at improving the plate value for some of the recipes to keep better balance between earning capabilty and costs, but maybe also have some variety in the costs of unlocking ingredients/recipes/appliances/expansions. So maybe have some that are still high, but others that are lower, so that players could choose..."do I want to do these two 250K things right now? or do I want to keep saving for the one 1.75M thing?"

CosmicTeapot
02-10-16, 05:55 PM
PROS:
- I love the graphics! They are colorful and very smooth looking.
- Diversity of customers.
- Customers use utensils to eat.
- It looks like customers are either taking pictures of the dessert or taking "selfies."
- Food does not spoil.
- Holiday quests are fun.
- Receive gifts from to-go orders
- Keeps making money even if I'm away, but not enough to make me love it.

CONS:
- Some items are overpriced and we don't get paid enough for the goods we're selling. It's annoying to have to pay thousand of coins to unlock an item (like peanuts) and then pay another hundreds of thousands to learn the recipe! It's even worse when you have to buy a new appliance, then you have to buy the item to use with that appliance, and finally pay to learn the recipe on that same appliance!!! If items like vanilla are going to cost millions to unlock and millions more to learn the recipe, then we should also be making thousands of coins for each good we're selling. And to top it off store expansions will have you bankrupt. Right now it just feels like a ripoff!

- Storage limit is ridiculous. How can you store food items and bricks/baskets/shelf's in the same place! It's not fair that these things are all stored together and then counted against the storage space. You would probably tell me to wait patiently for customers to gift me items to increase my storage but those things don't come quick enough! And if I do receive a gift sometimes I have to delete food items in orders to make room for those the gifts that I need to upgrade my storage. It's maddening. I feel like I'm going in circles. Why is there even storage limit in the first place??

- Stock limit and restocking time are terrible. I can't believe that each store (Fruit Stand, Dry Goods, General Store, etc) has a stock limit that has to be increased individually. Why not have 1 requirement to increase stock simultaneously throughout the stores? Why make us increase stock individually when we already have ridiculous storage space and have to wait hours for some items to restock. It's like running in circles again! It couldn't be more obvious that they're trying to make it impossible to play the game without having to buy coins/gems with actual money.

- Some items (like the coffee cart) can't be removed. One of the quests required the placement of the coffee cart. Afterwards when I tried to remove it to make space for a new appliance I noticed that I couldn't remove it. Why? What's the point of the coffee cart if it's not going to produce anything and just takes up space? If we are forced to have an item in the bakery that we do not want, it should at least produce extra tips or gems. How about 1 gem per hour or at the very least 1 gem per day! How about something that will actually be beneficial to the player rather than another thing to be tortured with?

- Paying to open new shops. Why? Should'nt I get rewarded for leveling up, rather than slapped with a hefty price tag that comes with opening a new shop? It's infuriating. I have to pay thousands (sometimes millions) of coins to open a shop, then another thousands/millions to unlock the item within the new store, then an extra thousands/millions to learn the new recipe, AND if I'm really unlucky I'll even have to buy a new appliance in order to cook that new item. Again it's all a run-around.

- Quickserve requests rarely work. I have at least 15 people in my Facebook friends list who play BakeryStory2 and who I should be able to send requests to, but when I go into the game either none of them show up in the list or only 1 (or max 2) show up at all.

- Quest requires gems. Some quests ask you to place holiday items in the bakery, but you'll need gems to get them! One of the Valentine quests was to place a total of 6 items in the bakery, all of which cost gems.

sally_brown
02-11-16, 07:57 AM
I agree with CosmicTeapot's entire post, other than I can't comment on the quickserve requests since I haven't linked to FB, and I don't really mind the side quests for gems. Actually what annoys me about those is that they're cluttering up my goal list.

CosmicTeapot
02-11-16, 04:22 PM
I agree with CosmicTeapot's entire post, other than I can't comment on the quickserve requests since I haven't linked to FB, and I don't really mind the side quests for gems. Actually what annoys me about those is that they're cluttering up my goal list.

Even though side quests do not produce enough gems and they hardly come around, I do appreciate that they added it to the game. I'm also annoyed at how the goal list is cluttered with promotional games. We should have the option to reject promotions and have them immediately removed from the list. It's such a nuisance.

Wipeout4321
02-13-16, 05:16 PM
Positives:

More interactive with customers.

Take-out orders make you feel more like you're filling orders than the regular buffet-style service.

Lots of goals.

You never know what's around the corner.

Negatives:

No neighbor features.

Some things are expensive. I like a good challenge but Peanut Butter Balls take 130,000 to open?!

Not an abundance of recipes.

Final Thoughts: This is a good game but could use some improvement to make people feel like switching over to the sequel more. I do like the game over all and looking at its age I think I can let them off for not having too many recipes. They need to add neighbors soon though!

LHbaker8
02-14-16, 01:02 PM
Agree with Sally Brown about the promotional goals. It's too much, all the time.

Yeah, I get that S8 want to push their other games. But having the top 3 goals be ones that are pushing other games (with no reward BTW) is annoying. Especially because there are also ads on the main bakery screen cluttering that up too. Maybe limit it to either the goal list OR the main screen, or just have one or two?
(I also find the original announcements for these to be annoying. Always Sam yelling "why don't ya try it!" The word is "you" Sam, not "ya". Trying to act all casual about it isn't going to fool anyone. ;)
If she played every game she claims to love, she'd never have time to mix whatever she's mixing or wave at customers LOL)

The latest quest was pretty well done, though I wish some of the limited time recipes were for higher point dishes.

mac1068
05-07-16, 01:52 AM
I've enjoyed game so far and have reached level 18
But have realised I'm not going to be able to have neighbours 😪 I've played all the story games so why only Facebook users.. I just don't want to join Facebook. So disappointed I'll probably just delete

Belluriel
05-07-16, 03:45 AM
We have less than 25 recipes in the game. If the cost of unlocking and learning is greatly lowered to enable you to learn a new recipe a day, I'm wondering if players would be bored after 25 days? I agree the cost of learning and unlocking is high but that is one of the challenges of the game. However I totally understand if that can be too challenging for some. As for me, I need at least 1.5 million coins and I am enjoying the process of earning it. Hope you are enjoying your game. Cheers.

I know you have to try and support S8 but the mechanics of BS2 are just badly thought out in so many ways

No the bad earning to cost ratio is not challenging it is just boring. Higher value dishes don't help that much, since you're limited by the number of visitors you get per hour anyway. As an example I'm lvl36 at at this point in time I need around 13million+ to catch up a stove i have unlocked but can't buy and a lot of unlearnt recipes. With my counters stacked I only make about 120k a day. In 3 lvls I have to pay around 8 mill to unlock another shop. So far I have managed to expand once and it will be probably 9-12 months before I can expand again at this rate. That is just ridiculous..

On top of this the pantry is terribly designed, no separation for expansion mats or event items. If I want to make space I can't just delete a few extra blueprints or whatever I have to delete the whole lot......just bad...

The ultimate disappointment for me was that they didn't follow RS2 with the buying styles idea rather than the old buying individual furniture thing. That was bad in BS and RS and it's still bad. I now have counters I can never take out of my bakery because I can't change the style or move the food on them, as a result I'll never bother that much with the decorating. I might spend gems to buy a style but i will never spend gems on individual items.

The events are barely worth doing. Even when they do give a recipe, it's not a gem recipe and with so few portions they're hardly worth it for the time and ingredients they take. Mostly it's just decor I haven't got room for anyway.

It's main pro is that it's cute, though more character variety would be nice. I get up to 5 or 6 of the same char in my bakery at any time.

No counter max that I know of, though bakery is too small to fit many anyway

Fill To-Go orders could be good but the drop rate for certain mats is terrible

Bakers Club Specials probably their best idea but needs a refresh button so you don't get stuck with dishes in it that you're 3 months away from being able to learn.

I play in the hope that [] and some of the bigger issues get fixed.

LightAndLove83
02-05-17, 11:09 AM
I would have loved this game if it had been an upgraded version of the first one. All this busy work with having to buy ingredients and wait for this and that, sucks the fun right out of the game.

I'd have much more preferred they just made Bakery 2 the same as the original, but with Bakery Story 2's better graphics.

Something to think about for a Bakery Story 3 perhaps?

I know some people love this one...some even more then the first, but I like the first one. I'd just like to see an "updated version."

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe others feel the same.