PDA

View Full Version : Removal of the expansions/updates on the app store

senorporky
11-06-15, 01:19 AM
Yesterday I noticed that the previous Bakery Story expansions/updates were removed from the Android app store. Does anyone know if it'll be a permanent decision or will they be released again? I only started slowly making my way through them. :(

PepperWoo
11-06-15, 02:28 AM
I just checked and you're right, even the latest version BS Orchard Fest has been removed. Not a single version of BS is available for download at the Play Store except the original one. Although for those who have installed old versions prior to removal, you can still install from your apps history but new players have no choice but to install the original version. I wonder why did they remove those versions particularly the last two, Sugar & Spice and Orchard Fest, which we haven't even gotten the goal to download? Because of low install stats? :rolleyes:

SakuraShima
11-06-15, 04:15 AM
I never downloaded the last two versions due to waiting for the goal. How are we meant to get the updates now? They are only available if we download that version. Will they be added to the regular version?

deekathleen
11-06-15, 05:00 AM
I'm sure they are trying to make sure that bakery story two shows up and isn't lost in the clutter of 98 versions of bakery one.

twospoons
11-06-15, 05:12 AM
It might be that they removed them to avoid brand confusion just at the moment since BS2 just got released. RS versions are still there, so that's my guess.

Edited to add: or, you know, ditto what deekathleen said. Note to self, refresh page before posting!

LalaSmooth
11-06-15, 05:15 AM
I think they removed them to add more games into the store. It seems pointless in having newer versions all the time

deekathleen
11-06-15, 05:27 AM
It might be that they removed them to avoid brand confusion just at the moment since BS2 just got released. RS versions are still there, so that's my guess.

Edited to add: or, you know, ditto what deekathleen said. Note to self, refresh page before posting!

Lol :D

minidemon88
11-06-15, 06:28 AM
I just checked and you're right, even the latest version BS Orchard Fest has been removed. Not a single version of BS is available for download at the Play Store except the original one. Although for those who have installed old versions prior to removal, you can still install from your apps history but new players have no choice but to install the original version. I wonder why did they remove those versions particularly the last two, Sugar & Spice and Orchard Fest, which we haven't even gotten the goal to download? Because of low install stats? :rolleyes:

ikr. I'm still waiting for the download goals for all these versions. But it seem like it's been a long while since the last one right? Need to stockpile as many gems as possible before bfs. Oh yay! $__$

Who know probably we will get another bubble or candy mania goal next week or the week after. :rolleyes:

PepperWoo
11-06-15, 07:18 AM
ikr. I'm still waiting for the download goals for all these versions. But it seem like it's been a long while since the last one right? Need to stockpile as many gems as possible before bfs. Oh yay! $__$

Who know probably we will get another bubble or candy mania goal next week or the week after. :rolleyes:

Well... the Sugar & Spice version was released last August so maybe a few months more of waiting lmao.

But seriously though, right now I highly doubt we'll still be getting the goal to download seeing as the access to those versions is now restricted unless they re-release them. Wish Kooky, or any mod, could clarify this. It's not a case of 'gem promotions go out randomly' anymore.

deekathleen
11-06-15, 09:00 AM
I think bs2 is a bad omen........

minidemon88
11-06-15, 11:27 AM
Well... the Sugar & Spice version was released last August so maybe a few months more of waiting lmao.

But seriously though, right now I highly doubt we'll still be getting the goal to download seeing as the access to those versions is now restricted unless they re-release them. Wish Kooky, or any mod, could clarify this. It's not a case of 'gem promotions go out randomly' anymore.

Probably we will see one in 2016. :p You know with so many different versions now, I can't even remember which is the latest one on android. rofl xD The only reason I can think of, is due to people complaining about downloading all these different versions. So there goes our free 6 gems down the ocean. :(

I think bs2 is a bad omen........

True! Same goes to the rs2, dragon story 2 and all sort of popping bubble or candy mania games. Didn't the TOS stated age 13 to play all these games? But it seem to me they're marketed toward age 7 and below instead with all these weird kindergarten themes we're getting lately.

deekathleen
11-06-15, 01:48 PM
And why would I ever spend money on bubble popping or fruit matching games. If I got to a point where I couldn't get past without spending real money I would just delete the game and go download one of the other 8 thousand identical games out there.

twospoons
11-06-15, 02:05 PM
see, that's the kind of rational decision-making they can avoid by making games that appeal to small children.

sleepygs
11-06-15, 02:45 PM
If a lot of the android users are "waiting" on pop ups to download the new versions, S8 is going to think you all are not playing! That's probably part of the entire issue! The download numbers will look like they are losing players....

lauraleighashby
11-06-15, 02:56 PM
If a lot of the android users are "waiting" on pop ups to download the new versions, S8 is going to think you all are not playing! That's probably part of the entire issue! The download numbers will look like they are losing players....

Actually most businesses would be smart enough to realize that numbers go up when a new version prompt is available and do not when you just silently release a new version. But this is S8, so you are probably right. Unless you come to the forums, the only way Android players know about new versions is if they are suddenly gifted new parts that they have no use for. Other than the DL for gems prompt, there is no notice.

lauraleighashby
11-06-15, 02:57 PM
I just installed the original BS and alot of content is missing. How do I get access to it now that all the other versions are gone?

LalaSmooth
11-06-15, 02:59 PM
I just installed the original BS and alot of content is missing. How do I get access to it now that all the other versions are gone?

Google or Amazon is your best bet :)

LalaSmooth
11-06-15, 03:45 PM
SHOOT I accidentally unistalled this game from my device. I entered "orchard fest" in google play but they've removed it. How do I get this version back?

lauraleighashby
11-06-15, 04:07 PM
SHOOT I accidentally unistalled this game from my device. I entered "orchard fest" in google play but they've removed it. How do I get this version back?
It seems S8 has removed all of the versions other than the original, from Google Play.

mergirl96
11-06-15, 10:34 PM
I even checked under the teamlava banner, and you guys are right. Well well well. Is bakery story going to start following the route that fashion has and fade into oblivion, or has storm8 got something up their sleeves? This whole thing seems fishy, but as usual they've left us in the dark. I'm definitely never downloading a new version without an incentive if they can't even produce worth while items to go in these new versions.

sleepygs
11-06-15, 11:59 PM
Perhaps it is to control the downloading of expired content?

PepperWoo
11-07-15, 01:11 AM

If you're still using the google account you used when installing Orchard Fest before on your new device, go to your Google Play app and under My Apps, click the All tab. Under that tab lists all the apps that you've ever installed using that account - all versions of BS, RS, etc. Look for BS Orchard Fest and you should be able to install it from there.

PepperWoo
11-07-15, 01:33 AM

The fraction of Android users that are readily aware when a new version comes out is very small. Most probably only those who frequent this forum or those who've heard it from their neighbors. Casual players (non-forum people) make up a huge chunk of that demographic and without S8 sending out a prompt for a new version, they wouldn't know about it. S8 can't put the fault under those who are aware of the new version but are deliberately waiting for a goal download. It is their call to alert the players if they want those numbers go up.

What I find curious is that the many versions of Restaurant Story are still up and available. Even the Bagel Cafe version that took what, 5 months? to get a goal download is still there, and that one has been sitting at the Play Store with low install stats far longer than Sugar & Spice and Orchard Fest. There could be something else to those versions than just the number of downloads... we'll never know!

pixiegamer
11-08-15, 12:37 PM
The fraction of Android users that are readily aware when a new version comes out is very small. Most probably only those who frequent this forum or those who've heard it from their neighbors. Casual players (non-forum people) make up a huge chunk of that demographic and without S8 sending out a prompt for a new version, they wouldn't know about it. S8 can't put the fault under those who are aware of the new version but are deliberately waiting for a goal download. It is their call to alert the players if they want those numbers go up.

What I find curious is that the many versions of Restaurant Story are still up and available. Even the Bagel Cafe version that took what, 5 months? to get a goal download is still there, and that one has been sitting at the Play Store with low install stats far longer than Sugar & Spice and Orchard Fest. There could be something else to those versions than just the number of downloads... we'll never know!

Yeah :( I wish S8 would at least send out a notification of a new version (something like "To receive this week's new items, please install Bakery Story: XX"), with or without the gem prompt. If I weren't aware of the forums, I wouldn't know about the new versions. They don't even announce them on the S8 blog anymore.

I think, like deekathleen said, they might just be removed temporarily to promote BS2 for a while. I hope they come back though; I didn't download them yet on my device.

pixiegamer
11-08-15, 12:40 PM
Double post X(