PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 11/05/15 Update - Monster Hunt Season 3 EXPIRED

Pages : [1] 2

sourp4tch
11-05-15, 12:34 PM
The Trader Trolls have returned to the kingdom! Only the finest warriors can claim their assorted wares... Kings and Queens of the realms, raise thy swords! Engage thy enemies with unmatched ferocity, and victory shall be ours! Not a single beast shall be allowed to roam our lands! Slay thy adversaries and protect thy people, and the honor and respect of the Trader Trolls shall be yours!

[==This season requires Level 22+, and is live from 11/05 @ 12pm to 11/16 @ 11:30am.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: TOKENS

Posted 17 Nov.

Hi all, reporting in to update you on the Trade Wagon....

The gifting of tokens has been removed this season (ie, not a glitch). The trade wagon therefore only has the cooking camp in it and it will stay that way till next season. (Mine's going back into storage.)

Your tokens are still all available in your inventory. You have not lost them. ;)

I'll put this post at beginning of thread too.

As an android player, I'm feeling mainly a bit sad and frustrated because of the continuous unfairness between android and apple versions. I believe that it could be balanced out in many different ways, IF there was the will to do it. (Just a simple example: S8 could release a android-only item with a 22 or 24 hour timer that would spawn one of the "big" monsters ;) But alas, we don't seem to be "economically interesting" to the managers. That does not feel too great... ;1 )

I'm always short on shield tokens (as all android users), so I think it will help only very little... but thank you nonetheless :) I think many (mainly iOS) users will appreciate it :D

I will enjoy the new season and try to stay optimistic, but please, please, let the other people at S8 know, that we android users are feeling more and more frustrated with each new season of this unfairness.
And now I'm off to hunt the little beasts, and maybe even get my 12th golden token after hunting my ...behind.. off for the last two seassons :)

Hey there! We hear you, and we're looking into ways to even out the experience. I can't speculate as to if or when we'll be able to get anything in, but we are looking into it!

Hope you enjoy Season 3! <3

Posted: 6 Nov

Alright everyone, everything should be fixed now!

-The Purple Glimmer Golem will drop from all Horses (except the Faerie Horse, currently in the Baron's Game Tent)
-You should not be seeing any of the Daily Hunt quests if you are less than Level 22
-The Adept and Sovereign Daily Hunt quests should come back every day now. Due to the timing, I unfortunately do not know if they will re-trigger for you all today :(

If the Adept and Sovereign Daily Hunt quests don't retrigger over the weekend, please send a ticket to support@storm8.com and let us know so we can get to work correcting the issue first thing Monday morning <3

Sorry about all this! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the Monster Hunt!

sourp4tch
11-05-15, 12:35 PM
REPORTED DROPS from the Trade Wagon - Season 1 and 2
1. Lucky Token Trade
Note: this trade is very hit and miss... Note you may not get back what you started with, so be prepared for this. Some reports of luck, more reports of not so much luck!
Reward - a chance to double your tokens
Reported Drops:
* I got back 10/10/18 - not sure which one was 8 extra though! SW
* 20 staff tokens, 7 sword, and 9 shield tokens.

2. Novice Hunter Trade now called BRONZE HUNTER TRADE
Reward - Get a better assortment of prizes!
Reported Drops:
* 2 gems, glimmer shards, silver, creeptooth, Novice hunter trade drops:
* 8 energy, 4 energy, catfish, butterfish, living wood, wood, simple glue, bacon, wooden beam, jewels, glimmerdust, roast chicken
* Got from novice trade(multiple times): 1-2 gems, some shield/sword tokens, glimmer dusts, boar dusks, fish, roast chickens, woods, glimmer dusts, living woods, irons, catfishes, silver platters(not sure), and some others I cant remember
* 1 gem, 6 energy, 1 iron ore, 1 bacon, 1 water, 1 living wood, $15 coins (not sure what black bar'd), 2 sword tokens, 3 shield tokens
* 1 gem, 4 energy, 1 glimmerdust, 1 bacon, 1 glimmer shard, 1 glimmer fragment, 1 living wood, 2 sword tokens, 3 shield tokens, 1 stone (LOL!)
* 3 gems (!), 8 energy (!), 1 coal, 1 glimmer shard, 1 fish, 1 butterfish, 1 water, 2 sword tokens, 4 shield tokens

3. Adept Hunter Trade now called SILVER HUNTER TRADE
Reported Drops:
* troll essence, flour, lemon, silver platter, energy, gems and 2 staff token from one such trade
* 1 to 3 gems, silver platter, armor, flour, enchanted essence, troll essence and similar stuff
* Oranges, lemons, fancy beam, 4 gems, some energy, sword tokens, 2 staff tokens.
* Truffles, lumin essence, lemon, gems, energy, sword tokens, 2 staff tokens.

4. Sovereign Hunter Trade now called GOLD HUNTER TRADE
Reward - 1 Gold Token
Reported Drops:
* gold coin, + royal beam, vital extract, mythic essence, tokens, 2 gems
* gems, builder's paste, some energy and a TRADE TICKET
* 2 gems, lantern, faerie murmur, floral glow, energy (SW)
* 1 Gem, 4 Energy, 1 Golden Nugget, 1 Fey Crystal, 1 Faeries Murmur, 3 Sword Tokens, 4 Shield Tokens, 1 Troll Token
* 1 Gem, 6 Energy,1 Dragon Scale, 1 Royal Block, 1 Mythic Essence, 2 Sword Tokens, 3 Shield Tokens, 1 Troll Token
* 2 gems, lantern, fey crystal, bottle of vital extract, builder's paste and energy!
* 3 gems, 4 energy, 1 boar tusk, 1 wisp lantern, 1 fey crystal, 2 sword tokens, 4 shield tokens, 1 troll token
* Gems, energy, 1 troll token
* 1 Builder's paste, gems, energy, 1 troll token.
* other drops: adamant, manticore whiskers, wool
season 2:
* 1 troll token, 2 gems, 2 energy, 4 shield tokens, 5 sword tokens, 1 trade ticket, 1 or 2 floral glow

sourp4tch
11-05-15, 12:35 PM
Monster Hunt Event Season 3! (November 2015)
prepared by SpiritWind.

Pre-requisites:
Level 22+
Android players don't get the Daily Hunt.

Tips and Tricks:
* DON'T tap the troll pit!!!! Regular trolls don't drop tokens. Neither do pink skunkupines, pink alicorn, wedding alicorn, Gem horses or Sir Daisy.
* Monsters also drop their normal items in addition to the tokens
* Do the Novice Hunter Trade if you are nearly maxed on Shield tokens so that they don't go to waste

Link to Information Nugget on Beasts (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts) extract:
Skunkupine - Flowers, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Tomato, Fellora Plant, Pepe, some Trees, Plants, Skunkupine Trap (5 gems)
Fangbeast - Animals, Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, some Buildings, Fangbeast Trap (5 gems)
Dire Boar - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Dire Boar Trap (5 gems), Rock Outcropping

A Level 5 Jousting Arena will spawn a monster on every collection.
Link to Jousting Arena Renovations thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83751-Castle-Story-08-06-Update-Jousting-Arena-Renovations-(levels-4-amp-5)

The Trade Wagon - Season 3 - new trade names
1. Lucky Token Trade 3 seconds: 10 Shield Tokens, 10 Sword Tokens, 10 Staff Tokens
2. Bronze Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens
3. Silver Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens, 25 Sword Tokens
4. Gold Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens, 25 Sword Tokens, 25 Staff Tokens

The Tokens! - You can have a max of 120 of each of these in inventory
Shield Token - awarded upon attacking skunkupines, fangbeasts, dire boars and glimmer golems
Sword Tokens - awarded upon slaying fangbeasts, dire boars and glimmer golems
Staff Tokens - awarded upon attacking dire boars, blue dire boars and glimmer golems
Gold Tokens - ONLY come from crafting the Sovereign Hunter Trade

Information on Statues - 22 hour collection time.
You can now craft the statues with gold coins.
Skunkupine - 10 gold coins
Fangbeast - 25 gold coins
Dire boar - 50 gold coins.
Note: if they don't have the timer on them, put them in inventory and place them again.

Drops from Statues
Skunkupine Statue: shield tokens (around 5 per collection)
Fangbeast Statue: sword tokens (around 2 per collection)
Dire boar Statue: staff tokens (around 1 per collection)

Goals for Season 3
Part 1: Seasonal Trading - collect 30 tokens, complete any Token trade. Reward: 1400 coin, 5xp, 1 pile of tokens.
Part 2: Troll Cultures - defeat any 10 monsters. Reward: 1400 coin, 5xp, 1 pile of tokens.
Part 3: For You My Liege - defeat any 25 monsters. Reward: 2400 coin, 7xp, 1 Season 3 slayer statue.

The Daily Hunt - iOS only- each day you will have the chance to battle a monster to get Tokens. There are 3 types of Daily Hunts:
1. Novice Challenge - defeat 5 skunkupines or fangbeasts [10 energy crate]
2. Adept Challenge - collect from a Dead Tree to trigger a blue dire boar (30 hits) [10 energy crate]
3. Sovereign Challenge - collect from a Coin Brown Horse to trigger a purple golem (90 hits) [25 energy crate]
Reward for each hunt is an energy crate - it goes to your inventory so you can chop it anytime you want!
Note: you get multi hits on each sword hit, so a 30 hit monster might only take 20 energy.

OVERALL GOAL REWARD IS THE COOKING CAMP
99 Troll Tokens: Receive One Troll Token upon completion of Sovereign Hunter Trade

You need to do that trade 99 times. So that means 7425 shield tokens, 4950 sword tokens and 2475 staff tokens.

The Cooking Camp - what can you cook?
Costs $3000 to place
Flour, sugar, simple feast, breaded fish, noodles, pasta, stew, hearty feast, Ivy's hot sauce, spicy feast, cake, fish sandwiches, sundae, sweet feast, Mercury feast, chocolate, ice cream, butterfish, catfish soup.

REPORTED DROPS from the Trade Wagon - Season 1 and 2
1. Lucky Token Trade
Note: this trade is very hit and miss... Note you may not get back what you started with, so be prepared for this. Some reports of luck, more reports of not so much luck!
Reward - a chance to double your tokens
Reported Drops:
* I got back 10/10/18 - not sure which one was 8 extra though! SW
* 20 staff tokens, 7 sword, and 9 shield tokens.

2. Novice Hunter Trade now called BRONZE HUNTER TRADE
Reported Drops:
* 2 gems, glimmer shards, silver, creeptooth, Novice hunter trade drops:
* 8 energy, 4 energy, catfish, butterfish, living wood, wood, simple glue, bacon, wooden beam, jewels, glimmerdust, roast chicken
* Got from novice trade(multiple times): 1-2 gems, some shield/sword tokens, glimmer dusts, boar dusks, fish, roast chickens, woods, glimmer dusts, living woods, irons, catfishes, silver platters(not sure), and some others I cant remember
* 1 gem, 6 energy, 1 iron ore, 1 bacon, 1 water, 1 living wood, $15 coins (not sure what black bar'd), 2 sword tokens, 3 shield tokens
* 1 gem, 4 energy, 1 glimmerdust, 1 bacon, 1 glimmer shard, 1 glimmer fragment, 1 living wood, 2 sword tokens, 3 shield tokens, 1 stone (LOL!)
* 3 gems (!), 8 energy (!), 1 coal, 1 glimmer shard, 1 fish, 1 butterfish, 1 water, 2 sword tokens, 4 shield tokens

3. Adept Hunter Trade now called SILVER HUNTER TRADE
Reported Drops:
* troll essence, flour, lemon, silver platter, energy, gems and 2 staff token from one such trade
* 1 to 3 gems, silver platter, armor, flour, enchanted essence, troll essence and similar stuff
* Oranges, lemons, fancy beam, 4 gems, some energy, sword tokens, 2 staff tokens.
* Truffles, lumin essence, lemon, gems, energy, sword tokens, 2 staff tokens.

4. Sovereign Hunter Trade now called GOLD HUNTER TRADE
Reward - 1 Gold Token
Reported Drops:
* gold coin, + royal beam, vital extract, mythic essence, tokens, 2 gems
* gems, builder's paste, some energy and a TRADE TICKET
* 2 gems, lantern, faerie murmur, floral glow, energy (SW)
* 1 Gem, 4 Energy, 1 Golden Nugget, 1 Fey Crystal, 1 Faeries Murmur, 3 Sword Tokens, 4 Shield Tokens, 1 Troll Token
* 1 Gem, 6 Energy,1 Dragon Scale, 1 Royal Block, 1 Mythic Essence, 2 Sword Tokens, 3 Shield Tokens, 1 Troll Token
* 2 gems, lantern, fey crystal, bottle of vital extract, builder's paste and energy!
* 3 gems, 4 energy, 1 boar tusk, 1 wisp lantern, 1 fey crystal, 2 sword tokens, 4 shield tokens, 1 troll token
* Gems, energy, 1 troll token
* 1 Builder's paste, gems, energy, 1 troll token.
* other drops: adamant, manticore whiskers, wool
season 2:
* 1 troll token, 2 gems, 2 energy, 4 shield tokens, 5 sword tokens, 1 trade ticket, 1 or 2 floral glow

Old Trades:
Lucky: 10 Shield Tokens, 10 Sword Tokens, 10 Staff Tokens
Novice: 25 Shield Tokens
Adept: 50 Shield Tokens, 25 Sword Tokens
Sovereign: 75 Shield Tokens, 50 Sword Tokens, 25 Staff Tokens

mehershey
11-05-15, 12:53 PM
This is great - 12 days to amass resources and energy crates - hopefully in preparation for a big Thanksgiving event.

katbtodd
11-05-15, 01:07 PM
Just ****ed a boar not one token dropped ,,and there is nothing in the wagon except statues and kitchen
Is there a bug ,,we can't exchange our tokens to make the gold one

mreames
11-05-15, 01:07 PM
Don't forget to slay your parked monster first. Everybody else only get daily novice challenge or is it just me?

twinkletoes12348
11-05-15, 01:08 PM
I've only got the daily novice challenge, too.

kdgulle
11-05-15, 01:09 PM
I only got the the novice challenge as well.

Yes nothing from my statues, nothing from a skunk, and nothing in the wagon but statues. I'm at a big loss already

Castloninian
11-05-15, 01:09 PM
Same here, only the novice challenge and the dire boar I just got rid of gave no tokens.

burritosprings
11-05-15, 01:10 PM
No token drop from ****ling reg skunkupine. And no monster spawn from jousting arena

mreames
Skunkupine didn't drop anything either.

Just ****ed a boar not one token dropped ,,and there is nothing in the wagon except statues and kitchen
Is there a bug ,,we can't exchange our tokens to make the gold one

LillieNomi
Me too, only the novice goal and only statutes and the camp in the wagon. What's going on? There is also no goal to get the season 3 statue, although there was a royal proclamation...???

minndom
11-05-15, 01:11 PM
There must be a bug with this update. I'm not able to craft anyhing but the statues and the kitchen.

jomykje
11-05-15, 01:12 PM
I came her to report a problem, but I see you all have the same problems...:confused:

88silver
11-05-15, 01:12 PM
There must be a bug with this update. I'm not able to craft anyhing but the statues and the kitchen.

Maybe "find the bug in the update" is a new game that S8 is playing with us. All the trades that don't require golden Troll Tokens are missing from my trade wagon, too.

paisdelasmaravillas
11-05-15, 01:13 PM
Yes, another monster hunt.
Only novice challenge

napertown
11-05-15, 01:13 PM
I came her to report a problem, but I see you all have the same problems...:confused:

Same here. Only Novice Challenge. And the trade wagon crafting of gold tokens has now disappeared. Do you guys have 5 year olds for programmers?

fish63
11-05-15, 01:14 PM
Finished the novice challenge. No tokens for any. Energy crate. Wagon only shows statues and has a 16 hr. On kitchen? Help! Somebody!

kimberly0822
11-05-15, 01:17 PM
Where are the tokens..3 slayed- 0 tokens! Boo..hiss..hiss..boo!!

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-05-15, 01:17 PM
Heyyyy, dude that always goes to lunch on update day... HIT THE 'GO' BUTTON!!! lol

kdgulle
11-05-15, 01:18 PM
Are we going to be rewarded for the tokens that haven't dropped but should have? Or is it bad for the economy? Just asking politely for everyone

sourp4tch
11-05-15, 01:18 PM
Sorry for the hiccup guys - things will be fixed in a few minutes!!!

ashoxo
11-05-15, 01:19 PM
Same as everyone else...only Novice challenge in the goal book, no coins dropped from skunkupine fangbeast nor dire boar, nothing but statues & camp available for crafting in the trade wagon, and nothing but an experience dropped from the statues I already have on the board. I won't hold my breath for any reimbursements either. Did everyone at S8 go on vacation? What the heck is going on lately....!?

napertown
11-05-15, 01:19 PM
I think the best solution for the economy would be to have all of us quit. This is getting ridiculous.

LillieNomi
11-05-15, 01:20 PM
Heyyyy, dude that always goes to lunch on update day... HIT THE 'GO' BUTTON!!! lol

LOL! Perhaps the button was only hit "half"...

kimberly0822
The cabbage hut is now a "goal" sheesh!

sourp4tch
Okay, things should be fixed now! Sorry!!! >___< <3

anissada
very confusing if all trades are replaced by new ones..

which trade gives cold coins now!

NorthWoodsKingdom
Ok, thank you, lunch dude. LOL

kdgulle
11-05-15, 01:21 PM
Now it's there, with the pop up in the wagon how about the tokens we should have gotten already

katbtodd
11-05-15, 01:21 PM
Had a boar and a shunkie no tokens, It's got to be a bug

vednir
11-05-15, 01:22 PM
Having the daily challenges for Android players is bad for the game's economy.

paisdelasmaravillas
11-05-15, 01:22 PM
Yes!
I have all challenges!
But now blue die boar is in dead tree, and glimmer golem in horses

kdgulle
11-05-15, 01:23 PM
No blue boar when, I clicked the water, iOS operating system, I do have all the daily challenges now

kdgulle
11-05-15, 01:25 PM
Yes!
I have all challenges!

Thank you

paisdelasmaravillas
11-05-15, 01:26 PM

paisdelasmaravillas
11-05-15, 01:28 PM
Yes!
I have all challenges!

Glimmer golem in horses, but not in sir daisy

LillieNomi
Awesome, sir daisy doesn't count, all other horses were stored...

burritosprings
Still no Soverign trade in tent.

anissada
11-05-15, 01:31 PM
Sorry for the hiccup guys - things will be fixed in a few minutes!!!

still missing the novice trade.. i want it back pls

mreames
11-05-15, 01:31 PM

It appears they renamed it to gold Hunter trade??

stargaze91
11-05-15, 01:33 PM
Names of trades has been changed
Bronze hunter trade needs 50 shields
Silver hunter trade needs 50 shields and 25 sword tokens
Gold hunter trade needs 50 shields,25 swords and 25 staff

burritosprings
It appears they renamed it to gold Hunter trade??
Your welcome to try but until i know it drops a gold token then its a nogo. Used to have icon as a gold token not suitcase

anissada

Me neither, only lucky token, bronze, silver and goldhunter trades and stupid statue trades and cooking camp

mreames
11-05-15, 01:35 PM
Your welcome to try but until i know it drops a gold token then its a nogo. Used to have icon as a gold token not suitcase

I already did it. It says it gives and does give the gold "troll token".

vednir
11-05-15, 01:35 PM
The trade token requirements have been lowered this season. I guess this is to improve the game's economy by making the prizes seem attainable.

anissada
11-05-15, 01:36 PM
No blue boar when, I clicked the water, iOS operating system, I do have all the daily challenges now

it's changed to the dead tree

sourp4tch
11-05-15, 01:37 PM
Hey everyone! Chiming in again to confirm that we've swapped out the old trades for new ones.

-The token costs have been adjusted, so that the more expensive trades are within better reach.
-The Gold Hunter Trade replaced the Sovereign Hunter Trade - that's the one that drops your Troll Token! It also has the highest chance of dropping gems.

Also, two of the Daily Trades were updated - their monsters were moved to drop from other items that don't normally drop monsters, so as to avoid the chance of sync errors when the monsters spawned.

I hope you all enjoy this season of the Monster Hunt! <3

kimberly0822
11-05-15, 01:39 PM

The new gold token trade gives a lot more than just a gold token...like this better

meme1098
11-05-15, 01:45 PM
So I hope the change in the Daily challenges enables Android to finally get the blue boar & purple golem! But I'm guessing nothing was done in the way of parity.

OnlyOneRamoth
11-05-15, 01:48 PM
are we going to be rewarded for the tokens that haven't dropped but should have? Or is it bad for the economy? Just asking politely for everyone

lol....lmao.

meme1098
11-05-15, 01:50 PM
lol....lmao.

I lol at that one too but nothing ventured, nothing gained, I guess.

tigarlilyvol
11-05-15, 01:53 PM
Just wanted to thank my neighbors that kept sending tokens, after troll and boar I was able to do 2 trades for gold troll tokens. Thanks for helping stockpile them.

meme1098
11-05-15, 01:54 PM
So I hope the change in the Daily challenges enables Android to finally get the blue boar & purple golem! But I'm guessing nothing was done in the way of parity.

Quoting myself wondering if any of the Android players are able to trigger the boar or golem this time around?

OnlyOneRamoth
11-05-15, 01:56 PM
[info here]

What happened to the info that was just in post two!!?

mreames
11-05-15, 01:58 PM
What happened to the info that was just in post two!!?

I didn't see it, but if it was there, it was probably removed for need of major overhaul to the info. ;)

Rickmz
11-05-15, 02:01 PM
Also, two of the Daily Trades were updated - their monsters were moved to drop from other items that don't normally drop monsters, so as to avoid the chance of sync errors when the monsters spawned.<3

Any hint on what they are?

mautzu
11-05-15, 02:03 PM
U
Quoting myself wondering if any of the Android players are able to trigger the boar or golem this time around?
Apparently not....

vednir
11-05-15, 02:05 PM

No. S8 hates android.

MiniLaura
11-05-15, 02:07 PM
Any hint on what they are?
Blue dire boar: dead tree
Purple golem: horses (not Sir Daisy)

This information can be found in the blurbs when you read the goal from your goal book.

gmelemg
11-05-15, 02:07 PM

Nothing in my Andriodian realm... :(

plby
11-05-15, 02:08 PM
Yes!
I have all challenges!

Coin horses only, Sir Daisy and the gem horses don't trigger the golem.

sarahlee86
11-05-15, 02:08 PM
I have the daily sovereign challenge that involves horses this time, but my horses didn't spawn the purple golem. (And no I don't have any other monsters on my board). Does anyone know if it's only the brown horses (that we bought with coins) that spawn it? I put those in storage and just have a couple of the gem horses out. I just wanted to see if it's a bug or if only the brown horses work.

plby
11-05-15, 02:11 PM
I have the daily sovereign challenge that involves horses this time, but my horses didn't spawn the purple golem. (And no I don't have any other monsters on my board). Does anyone know if it's only the brown horses (that we bought with coins) that spawn it? I put those in storage and just have a couple of the gem horses out. I just wanted to see if it's a bug or if only the brown horses work.

coin horses only, my gem horses didn't trigger it either.

Trin5
11-05-15, 02:12 PM
The cabbage hut is now a "goal" sheesh!

What do you mean 'goal'... as in not costing gems?! I bought it with gems & btw, i now have 26 rotten cabbages.. That's more than the 25 chances to throw.

Trin5
11-05-15, 02:26 PM
Just a reminder, you can collect tokens from your statue beasts while the hunt is on. Also, I had to purchase a dead tree and place Sir Pigglesworth next to it. Was unable to trigger the beast by tapping on Sir Piggy 'not being next to the dead tree'.

mreames
11-05-15, 02:35 PM
Just a reminder, you can collect tokens from your statue beasts while the hunt is on. Also, I had to purchase a dead tree and place Sir Pigglesworth next to it. Was unable to trigger the beast by tapping on Sir Piggy 'not being next to the dead tree'.

Pretty sure it just requires chopping a dead tree one time... Sir Piggy doesn't need to be near it. ;)

Trin5
11-05-15, 02:35 PM

Just discovered that it's not Sir Piggy I need to tap but the dead tree instead!

LillieNomi
11-05-15, 02:36 PM
What do you mean 'goal'... as in not costing gems?! I bought it with gems & btw, i now have 26 rotten cabbages.. That's more than the 25 chances to throw.

So, I haven't bought it, was too expensive for me. If I go to the market under buildings the hut is there two times, one for 450 gems and one greyed out with a goal mark. Perhaps there will be a goal for it in the near future?! Please!

Trin5
11-05-15, 02:37 PM
Pretty sure it just requires chopping a dead tree one time... Sir Piggy doesn't need to be near it. ;)

Oh I just figured that out by trial and error, thx lol

meme1098
11-05-15, 02:44 PM
So, I haven't bought it, was too expensive for me. If I go to the market under buildings the hut is there two times, one for 450 gems and one greyed out with a goal mark. Perhaps there will be a goal for it in the near future?! Please!

Maybe tomorrow? Or later? Lol

And I'm really sorry that Android isn't being included in the 'Super' beasts. How are they gonna be able to get more than 1 or 2 troll tokens without them, S8??!!??

OnlyOneRamoth
11-05-15, 02:47 PM
It seems that since the trades have changed, the number of tokens in people's wagons increased as well. Mine have not. I need help with the SW please. This is a huge deal. Also can people confirm if there were changes in their tokens?

Trin5
11-05-15, 02:49 PM

I checked my market and see that it's there as 'goal'. Seeing as I already have one, which unfortunately paid for with gems, I wonder if I'd be able get this one. It is unfair for players who spent so much on it, whether intentionally or not. S8 can't seem to make up their mind on what they're doing. A refund would be nice.

mreames
11-05-15, 02:50 PM
It seems that since the trades have changed, the number of tokens in people's wagons increased as well. Mine have not. I need help with the SW please. This is a huge deal. Also can people confirm if there were changes in their tokens?

I don't think it was an increase of existing tokens as much as it was a decrease in what is needed for the gold trade. It used to be 75-50-25. It is now 50-25-25.

mreames
11-05-15, 02:51 PM
If it is indeed meant to be a goal then since it shows in your market, it is likely you will be able to have 2 of them. Don't hold your breath on a refund. ;)

I checked my market and see that it's there as 'goal'. Seeing as I already have one, which unfortunately paid for with gems, I wonder if I'd be able get this one. It is unfair for players who spent so much on it, whether intentionally or not. S8 can't seem to make up their mind on what they're doing. A refund would be nice.

OnlyOneRamoth
11-05-15, 03:01 PM
I don't think it was an increase of existing tokens as much as it was a decrease in what is needed for the gold trade. It used to be 75-50-25. It is now 50-25-25.

Ty mreames...but did it adjust for past trades, thus increasing the number of gold tokens you have without doing any additional trades?

stargaze91
11-05-15, 03:03 PM
Ty mreames...but did it adjust for past trades, thus increasing the number of gold tokens you have without doing any additional trades?

I don't think the past trades were adjusted..I have the same amount of tokens I had last season

OnlyOneRamoth
11-05-15, 03:04 PM

When the cabbage hut first came out it was penned as a "goal" .....as part of an update....even at the 450 gem price. I bought it and my "goal" cabbage hut in the market is greyed out as well. For completing the "goal" we got five cabbages or something.

mreames
11-05-15, 03:16 PM

No, I have the same amount of gold tokens.

midgetsocks
11-05-15, 03:17 PM
I like the change in sword tokens required.

BuddyB111
11-05-15, 03:27 PM
What are the gem horses and Cabbage Hut people are talking about please?

SpiritWind00
11-05-15, 03:28 PM
hi all! I'm here.... just fixing up post 2. will be about 10 minutes.

BuddyB111
11-05-15, 03:34 PM
SW will you ask the developers if there's plans for Android players to get the Tent please? The divide between Android and iOS is getting wider. :(

fireflytower
11-05-15, 03:39 PM
Hey everyone! Chiming in again to confirm that we've swapped out the old trades for new ones.

-The token costs have been adjusted, so that the more expensive trades are within better reach.
-The Gold Hunter Trade replaced the Sovereign Hunter Trade - that's the one that drops your Troll Token! It also has the highest chance of dropping gems.

Also, two of the Daily Trades were updated - their monsters were moved to drop from other items that don't normally drop monsters, so as to avoid the chance of sync errors when the monsters spawned.

As an android player, I'm feeling mainly a bit sad and frustrated because of the continuous unfairness between android and apple versions. I believe that it could be balanced out in many different ways, IF there was the will to do it. (Just a simple example: S8 could release a android-only item with a 22 or 24 hour timer that would spawn one of the "big" monsters ;) But alas, we don't seem to be "economically interesting" to the managers. That does not feel too great... ;1 )

I'm always short on shield tokens (as all android users), so I think it will help only very little... but thank you nonetheless :) I think many (mainly iOS) users will appreciate it :D

I will enjoy the new season and try to stay optimistic, but please, please, let the other people at S8 know, that we android users are feeling more and more frustrated with each new season of this unfairness.
And now I'm off to hunt the little beasts, and maybe even get my 12th golden token after hunting my ...behind.. off for the last two seassons :)

UnkelFester
11-05-15, 03:42 PM
Everyone, don't forget to put your Skunkupine, Fangbeast and Direboar statues back out again.

They are on a 22 hour timer, I presume they will drop tokens again (I'm not taking the 88 gem trap hit to find out) lol

sourp4tch
11-05-15, 03:53 PM

Hey there! We hear you, and we're looking into ways to even out the experience. I can't speculate as to if or when we'll be able to get anything in, but we are looking into it!

meme1098
11-05-15, 03:59 PM
So a 1day timed item can't be coded for them to get a super beast?

kdgulle
11-05-15, 04:09 PM

Will we get are tokens, that we didn't get when the quest first started. Still no answer to that. I had one skunk, it didn't count towards the trade. I collected from my 3 statues they gave me nada. Thank you.

Sorry, but it is unlikely.... SW

fireflytower
11-05-15, 04:21 PM
I know it should be possible, but I suspect, that they are now
either: "reaping what they saw" so to speak - they made the programmers cut corners a few times too many (to finish things quickly and "just hurry up" and such), so maybe the code is now such a mess that it's not so easy
or: they isn't really a problem with coding it in, but with managers allocating the time and budget for it.
or: they are all too busy looking for new homes for all the orphans at the moment :D
Either way, it must be doable. They can detect what OS you're on and adjust things accordingly, or they could not have "apple only" items and quests.

will71
11-05-15, 04:22 PM
Completed the new Gold Hunter Trade. Received a few sword, shield, and staff tokens. No troll token nor other items.

fireflytower
11-05-15, 04:26 PM

Thank you for replaying, much appreciated <3 And not only by me, but by all the other android user also. Now we will be a bit more at ease. Keeping our hope up is always good. So, now for the weekend! :D ;)))

mikado86
11-05-15, 04:26 PM
Completed the new Gold Hunter Trade. Received a few sword, shield, and staff tokens. No troll token nor other items.

you must have been unlucky, I just did it myself twice and I got a troll token both times

vednir
11-05-15, 04:31 PM

It would be bad for the game's economy.

SpiritWind00
11-05-15, 04:31 PM

force close and check your inventory and let us know. The Gold trade definitely drops the gold tokens; I've done 2 this morning and received 2.

will71
11-05-15, 04:33 PM
It looks like the troll token showed up in my inventory after a force close and restart. Hopefully it's working OK for everyone now.

Excellent! thanks for letting me know... SW

OnlyOneRamoth
11-05-15, 04:34 PM

Hi SW! For your information I think my previous question about the increase in gold tokens was based on a series of misunderstandings and please ignore for now.\

:) no worries! will do.... SW

OnlyOneRamoth
11-05-15, 04:36 PM
It's very gratifying sourpa4tch to have been heard by s8 regarding the number of trades possible! We appreciate the changes made. Now it might be fun!

Anaboe
11-05-15, 04:37 PM
Yeah, monster-hunt has started...

Just spent 40 (normal) + 20 (2 wizardschools) + 40 (rouncy) + 8 (pink ali and wedding ali) + 20 energy (return from harvesting crops) + 5 (from adventure) = 133 energy... guess how many monsters showed up? 1. The blue direboar... The only guaranteed monster to shop up...

No skunkupine, no dire boar, no fangbeast.

Really???

midgetsocks
11-05-15, 04:45 PM
^ I had the same amount of energy from similar sources, I used it on the purple golem and the blue dire boar, and got 3 other beasts too. 1 was from the jousting arena, 1 from harvesting cabbage, 1 from stable.

mikado86
11-05-15, 04:45 PM
Yeah, monster-hunt has started...

Just spent 40 (normal) + 20 (2 wizardschools) + 40 (rouncy) + 8 (pink ali and wedding ali) + 20 energy (return from harvesting crops) + 5 (from adventure) = 133 energy... guess how many monsters showed up? 1. The blue direboar... The only guaranteed monster to shop up...

No skunkupine, no dire boar, no fangbeast.

Really???

well better luck next time, but look at the good side, at least you got the blue direboar!

Anaboe
11-05-15, 04:47 PM
Ehm, the blue direboar is a guaranteed spawn... no bright side there...

I think it's weird to spend that much energy, and get 0 wild spawns...

AnniePMH
11-05-15, 04:54 PM
I got normal monster spawning in my Queendom, from chickens, royal cows, royal pigs, wells, iron rich rocks, rock outcroppings, royal buildings, stables, hatcheries, corn and tomatoes...

roguebee
11-05-15, 04:56 PM
To either Sourp4tch or Spiritwind, I think there's a typo in post 2 for Goal 3. I would think that we are going to get Season 3 slayer statue, not a Season 2?

fixed! thanks! SW

mreames
11-05-15, 04:56 PM
I mostly hunt boars so I grow either strawberries or cocoa. Collect from multiple colored hedges and maple trees and mines, chop large rock outcroppings. I'll collect from stables and hatcheries after I've sent out a dairy trade for the possible fangbeasts. I find that if I get 2 or 3 monsters from any one thing it's best to switch chores for a while. Monsters tend to come in bunches so it's quite possible to go awhile without getting any but then get 2 or 3 close together. This is just my experience and mileage may vary for others.

roguebee
11-05-15, 04:57 PM
Time to place those monster statues again as every token helps...

Anaboe
11-05-15, 05:03 PM
I got normal monster spawning in my Queendom, from chickens, royal cows, royal pigs, wells, iron rich rocks, rock outcroppings, royal buildings, stables, hatcheries, corn and tomatoes...

I've collected from almost everything in my kingdom (that's what you get, when you spend 132 energy), all crops atleast 5 times, all type of item-droping buildings, all types of animals, all types of trees, multicollored hedge and flowers and 0 monsters spawning...

mreames
11-05-15, 05:10 PM
What kind of crops are you growing that you've collected so many times? Other than for the novice daily quest there's not much advantage in fighting skunkupines.

I've collected from almost everything in my kingdom (that's what you get, when you spend 132 energy), all crops atleast 5 times, all type of item-droping buildings, all types of animals, all types of trees, multicollored hedge and flowers and 0 monsters spawning...

AnniePMH
11-05-15, 05:13 PM

What about iron rich rocks or rock outcroppings?

AnniePMH
11-05-15, 05:20 PM
Another tip to try is to use speed collecting to spawn monsters. Tap several things that attract monsters and then Menu, Social and Community. Some players seem to get more monsters showing up with that method.

Anaboe
11-05-15, 05:20 PM
What kind of crops are you growing that you've collected so many times? Other than for the novice daily quest there's not much advantage in fighting skunkupines.
I always have 5 fully grown pieces of everything in my kingdom: 5 corn, 5 wheet, 5 tomatos etc. etc. So I collected evertything, and some more :)

Then, when there's an event going on, I harvest everything and replant the things I need. In this case:
flowers for skunkupines
strawberries for dire boars
hot pepper for fangbeasts

my2place
11-05-15, 05:22 PM

The same thing happened to me - I used about the same amount of energy and got no random spawns. Just when I was starting to get a bit ticked off, the next time I tried again after some of my energy refilled the beasts started showing up like crazy. Hope the same happens for you! (I had the best luck when tapping on cows and chickens)

burritosprings
11-05-15, 05:28 PM

U also have how many alicorns? Rather we teach ppl who are energy challenged a better focus.

AnniePMH
11-05-15, 05:29 PM
I always have 5 fully grown pieces of everything in my kingdom: 5 corn, 5 wheet, 5 tomatos etc. etc. So I collected evertything, and some more :)

Then, when there's an event going on, I harvest everything and replant the things I need. In this case:
flowers for skunkupines
strawberries for dire boars
hot pepper for fangbeasts

I usually plant only one crop at a time to begin with. Harvesting corn until no more Skunkies show up, then tomatoes, then maybe a mix of wheat and cocoa. Then, slower growing crops while sleeping...:)

sircatalot
11-05-15, 05:34 PM
you must have been unlucky, I just did it myself twice and I got a troll token both times
The same thing happened to me. Did gold token trade and only got sword shield and staff tokens...no troll token...very sad.

AnniePMH
11-05-15, 05:34 PM
U also have how many alicorns? Rather we teach ppl who are energy challenged a better focus.

There is no better focus, that's the way you get the beasts, no matter how much energy you have. I only meant to say that the monsters spawn for me like they normally do. Alicorns don't influence the spawning rate of monsters...

mreames
11-05-15, 05:39 PM
What about iron rich rocks or rock outcroppings?

I've been having great luck with Rock outcroppings.

mreames
11-05-15, 05:44 PM
The same thing happened to me. Did gold token trade and only got sword shield and staff tokens...no troll token...very sad.

Did you close out and restart?

mreames
11-05-15, 05:48 PM
I've been having great luck with Rock outcroppings.

Of course now that I said that, I just chopped one without a boar showing up. But I did get a golden nugget. Lol

idkat
11-05-15, 05:50 PM
Gold coin token didn't show as a reward for gold trade but may have appeared in inventory

mreames
11-05-15, 05:53 PM
The first person that happened to rebooted the game and the gold coin showed up.

I just did the gold hunter trade and I don't think I got a gold coin. One "page" of rewards -shield, sword, and staff tokens and much less than it cost me to play?
No point doing the gold trade if you don't get one.
I do appreciate the reduce tokens needed for the trade and even though I am continuing to play the game, I really don't believe I will ever get the camp.

BuddyB111
11-05-15, 05:54 PM

Thanks, that would be great because I would really like some of the cute animals! I will be crossing everything! :D

danzplace
11-05-15, 05:58 PM
My skunkupines and fangbeasts are hiding... Hope they come out soon.

mreames
11-05-15, 06:22 PM
Agreed. I play it the same way on both accounts.

There is no better focus, that's the way you get the beasts, no matter how much energy you have. I only meant to say that the monsters spawn for me like they normally do. Alicorns don't influence the spawning rate of monsters...

EsmeW2
11-05-15, 06:40 PM
Season 3 and STILL no better for us Android users! How annoying!

0neSilver
11-05-15, 06:52 PM
Just did a trade and the pic did not show the gold token as a reward but when I looked my total had gone up to 12 so it did come through.

PinkEquinox
11-05-15, 09:51 PM
With all the negativity from the last event, just wanna say +1 for lowering the trade requirements for tokens and the new triggers for spawning the golem and blue dire boar. I have enough gold tokens to make the skunkupine statue, should I save the for the cooking camp or do you guys think the statues have enough impact to "pay" for themselves?

mreames
11-05-15, 10:01 PM
I think most people would agree to save, save, save! ;)

With all the negativity from the last event, just wanna say +1 for lowering the trade requirements for tokens and the new triggers for spawning the golem and blue dire boar. I have enough gold tokens to make the skunkupine statue, should I save the for the cooking camp or do you guys think the statues have enough impact to "pay" for themselves?

PinkEquinox
11-05-15, 10:05 PM
I think most people would agree to save, save, save! ;)

ty that's what I was leaning towards too. I missed all the good rewards from events so I am anxious to get the cooking camp lol

SpiritWind00
11-05-15, 10:23 PM
I agree! Save your tokens :)

stargaze91
11-05-15, 10:30 PM
Season 3 slayer statue and part 3 goal

Lize07
11-05-15, 10:48 PM
I do not get any normal monster to appear. I have harvested peppers, wheat, tended to the cows, chicken, flowers, nothing. Yesterday I did the same and a monster appeared every 5 moves I made, the monster hunt started, now nothing.

newzealander
11-05-15, 11:39 PM
My skunkupines and fangbeasts are hiding... Hope they come out soon.

Same. I have been keeping some stats along with 2 other players, and we are convinced the rate drops off at key times.

Queenzod
11-06-15, 12:59 AM
My horses are not triggering the golem. I have no other monster on the board, and it's a regular brown, coin horse. I've collected from it twice and still no golem. Are others having this issue?

totalwasteoftime
11-06-15, 01:04 AM
I love that this event gives me a break and feels like a bonus. It's nice to just tap away at resourse I want and fight the beasts as they come (especially the big daily challenge ones - and I so agree with other comments and since season 1 have felt there should be a 24 hour drop from retain the ins for android to get the same prizes and tokens). I like collecting from chickens and cows and getting to fight beasts and do rosy exchanges with the collections... I think the wording on the trades in the wagon is much more clear. Thanks!

EBJW
11-06-15, 02:50 AM
Last events I managed fine (I think); the sword-tokens caused me the most trouble, but doing the shield-trade helped.

Now however, although we just started, I know, I notice a big lack of staff-tokens. BIG big lack.
I hope it straightens soon?!
It would help if we could not only gift shield- and sword-tokens, but staff-tokens as well! Or have another source!

AnniePMH
11-06-15, 02:52 AM
My horses are not triggering the golem. I have no other monster on the board, and it's a regular brown, coin horse. I've collected from it twice and still no golem. Are others having this issue?

Are you sure it's not Sir Daisy?:) He's brown too, and acts like a coin horse in other respects, but he doesn't seem to trigger the monster:)

seisurreal
11-06-15, 04:01 AM
☆ Dear All ☆ :D

This is a personal reminder to players who have tough time finding monsters..

★ Skunkpines / Fangbeasts -- other than the HUB info, are there any quickest way to find them, where season is concerned?

★ Blue Dire Boar -- it says Follow Sir Pigglesworth to a Dead Tree? it means place a Dead Tree (you can buy in the Shop) and chop it once to bring the monster up!

/////////////////////////////////
★ Additional info from The HUB // http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts
☆Skunkupine - Flowers, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Tomato, Fellora Plant, Pepe, some Trees, Plants, Skunkupine Trap (5 gems)
☆Lovecupine - Pink Flowers, Love Trees, Love Animals, Spire of Love, Fluttermush Ring
☆Fangbeast - Animals, Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, some Buildings, Fangbeast Trap (5 gems)
☆Glimmer Troll - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Rocks, Glimmer Dust droppers
☆Friendly Glimmer Troll - Troll Sparring Pit
☆Dire Boar - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Dire Boar Trap (5 gems), Rock Outcropping

anissada
11-06-15, 05:17 AM

well... did you even think about lower level players before you moved the tricker to spawn the blue bear and golem to items that i am not even able to buy in my level 6 game...

i do have the daily hunts in my goalbook, but i am not allowed yet to buy a dead tree (level 10 needed)
nor can i buy a horse (level 17 needed)

so pls tell me, how am i doing these goals now?
a pond /glimmerdust trove would have worked perfectly for me..

tigarlilyvol
11-06-15, 05:30 AM
well... did you even think about lower level players before you moved the tricker to spawn the blue bear and golem to items that i am not even able to buy in my level 6 game...

i do have the daily hunts in my goalbook, but i am not allowed yet to buy a dead tree (level 10 needed)

From page 1 you have to be level 22 to play.

Chaotarch
11-06-15, 06:31 AM
Alicorns don't influence the spawning rate of monsters...

oh no, is that new?:confused::p

ok, i do a lot rocks, then pigs and cows. no problems.
i try the ponds for boars with no luck.

stargaze91
11-06-15, 07:01 AM

I got the daily hunts in my level 10 gifting account too.. I was able to buy the dead tree ,but chopping it did not trigger the blue boar. I guess the daily goals appearing for lower levels is a bug..trade wagon is only available at level 15

anissada
11-06-15, 07:09 AM
From page 1 you have to be level 22 to play.

duh... then why do i have these goals pop up in my goal book?
normally a goal for which you are too low in level does NOT appear in the goalbook
at least that did never happen in my other two games (level 45 and 50 now)

seems to me TL/S8 developers are not too familiar with this game anymore..
so many bugs lately...

nessa005
11-06-15, 07:55 AM
Missing Purple Golem.
I started the quest 2 hours after it started, 5 pm my time. I had to take my horses out of storage so I wasn't able to get the golem until the middle of the night. when I woke up the quest for the golem had gone from my book. How long are the quests supposed to be in your book? I thought it was 24 hours.

akocek
11-06-15, 11:20 AM
Are the statues that drop items only the ones you can buy through trade or will the ones we won from the first monster hunt eventually start doing this? OR is this just an IOS thing? Mine are currently still showing themselves to only be decorations.

MiniLaura
11-06-15, 11:25 AM
Are the statues that drop items only the ones you can buy through trade or will the ones we won from the first monster hunt eventually start doing this? OR is this just an IOS thing? Mine are currently still showing themselves to only be decorations.

The ones that you got during the first monster hunt will work. Last time, I think some people had to pop them into storage and put them back out to start the timer. Try that and see if it helps.

trilogylass
11-06-15, 11:38 AM
I, too, want to know how long the quests stay? Mine expired after about 6 hrs and now I have golem needing 90 energy to use and no quest for it. I don't want to clear it and not get the reward. When will the quests be available again?

mreames
11-06-15, 12:02 PM

The various beast statues will drop tokens. The season trophies don't.

mreames
11-06-15, 12:03 PM
I, too, want to know how long the quests stay? Mine expired after about 6 hrs and now I have golem needing 90 energy to use and no quest for it. I don't want to clear it and not get the reward. When will the quests be available again?

My gut feeling is you'll get the reward but don't hold me to it. On the flip side, you won't get any other monsters until you do clear it.

ktorewqas
11-06-15, 12:06 PM
Am I missing something? I have only noivice challenge today. Other two are not in goal list. Maybe because they came out later yesterday. Anyone has the same thing?

ShibuyaCloth
11-06-15, 12:06 PM
As usual the novice hunt will be a pain. 4 spawns in 24 hour :/ Overall spawn rate down again. Dire Boar have fled now. Well I can happy harvest and empty a full energy bar without hitting a single beast!

Queenzod
11-06-15, 12:39 PM
Are you sure it's not Sir Daisy?:) He's brown too, and acts like a coin horse in other respects, but he doesn't seem to trigger the monster:)

O my god. I'm an idiot! Thank you! 🤓

judyvines
11-06-15, 12:44 PM
Am I missing something? I have only noivice challenge today. Other two are not in goal list. Maybe because they came out later yesterday. Anyone has the same thing?

Same thing with my game. I had all three yesterday, but only the novice challenge today.

fish63
11-06-15, 12:50 PM
Me, too. Going to wait until they all appear. Same as yesterday. I started and got no coins. Finally got the new prizes. My first was Old Thomas.

sourp4tch
11-06-15, 12:56 PM
Hey everyone! I've sent out a couple messages, but for anyone I missed:

If any of you are seeing any Monster Hunt quests, such as the Dailies, when you are not yet Level 22, can you please send a ticket to support@storm8.com? This will enable us to look into the issue and see if there are any major bugs with you guys' accounts or games.

We currently have a few leads on what's going on and are looking into it. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this matter!

EDIT: Please also send in tickets for any other issues you are experiencing! I know this can sometimes feel fruitless and/or tedious, but it helps us to keep track of everything that gets reported. The more reports we get, the larger the data pool we can look at to narrow down what might be happening :)

Thanks everyone! I hope you all enjoy the Monster Hunt! <3

PrincessCupOButter
11-06-15, 01:05 PM
Another day, another glitch?
Novice trade is the only daily? (which is also the most difficult due to fangbeasts and skunkupines being AWOL, and the least rewarding)

sourp4tch
11-06-15, 01:09 PM
Another day, another glitch?
Novice trade is the only daily? (which is also the most difficult due to fangbeasts and skunkupines being AWOL, and the least rewarding)

This should not be the case - everyone should be getting all 3 Daily Hunts every day. I see a few of you reporting this - please send a ticket to support@storm8.com so we can look into this!

burritosprings
11-06-15, 01:11 PM
This should not be the case - everyone should be getting all 3 Daily Hunts every day. I see a few of you reporting this - please send a ticket to support@storm8.com so we can look into this!

I think it is because of the delay yesterday. Maybe the timer got reset to that later time after the release. Just a WAG.

danzplace
11-06-15, 01:14 PM
I sent my novice challenge only ticket in along with getting a visit from ivy thanking me for baking when I logged on, strange

daffdil
11-06-15, 01:16 PM
Storm 8, it seems that you are trying to distract from the last fiasco by creating another one. We've had two seasons of Monster Hunt. Why is this third season so difficult for you to get correct? I've already made the decision to not buy anything from you. Now I must decide whether or not to continue playing with you. Your App Store ratings may take a nose dive...

PrincessCupOButter
11-06-15, 01:17 PM

Thank you for the quick response! I will wait another hour or so to see if it's a timer issue (thanks for the reminder burritosprings).

Also after force closing I got a new 'quest' to tell Thomas about the bakery (the bakery story 2 trial I'm currently playing). The reward? One golden token!! Thank you for that little perk!

Korlcek
11-06-15, 01:20 PM
Just got a free gold token by visiting Thomas' house

OnlyOneRamoth
11-06-15, 01:34 PM
Lots only have one daily. Let's see what happens at four.....

katbtodd
11-06-15, 01:36 PM
No daily hunt here either,,, email support ..but it just a routeen response

Trin5
11-06-15, 01:38 PM

It was fine yesterday and I did complete all challenges but today I only received the novice challenge. What's up with that S8? I hope this is fixed.

mreames
11-06-15, 01:41 PM
It was fine yesterday and I did complete all challenges but today I only received the novice challenge. What's up with that S8? I hope this is fixed.

Yesterday only the novice challenge showed up initially. Hopefully the others will show up within 24 hours after they showed up yesterday.

katbtodd
11-06-15, 01:43 PM
Sourpatch ,,,a lot of us are not getting our daily hunts !!!!!!!!

anissada
11-06-15, 01:49 PM
what the €():(): happens!
in my 2nd game, level 45 Sir hamlet has disappeared, taking the trough, pen, trufgle trove with him!

in my main game (level 50) all is present.. is that going to be taken away too?
gives me the creeps, reminder of the walicorn that suddenly was robbed some time ago.

anyone else having this problem?

before picture

recent picture

so glad i have prove i did own them!

and after switching accounts several times they are back again..

mreames
11-06-15, 01:51 PM
Out of curiosity, are you going back and forth between iOS and android?

what the €():(): happens!
in my 2nd game, level 45 Sir hamlet has disappeared, taking the trough, pen, trufgle trove with him!

in my main game (level 50) all is present.. is that going to be taken away too?
gives me the creeps, reminder of the walicorn that suddenly was robbed some time ago.

anyone else having this problem?

anissada
11-06-15, 02:01 PM
Out of curiosity, are you going back and forth between iOS and android?

yes, when i am not at home i play on android
btw doing that since it was released for android and never had any problem

Castloninian
11-06-15, 02:02 PM
Same here, only the novice hunt. I definitely had the other hunts by this time yesterday.

mreames
11-06-15, 02:05 PM
Same here, only the novice hunt. I definitely had the other hunts by this time yesterday.

Yeah I did too by this time. It seems this has happened every season so far.

mreames
11-06-15, 02:06 PM
yes, when i am not at home i play on android
btw doing that since it was released for android and never had any problem

I knew to ask that because I've read issues with it before. You might want to search for it to make sure but I'm pretty sure it involved reinstalling.... I think on the iOS system.

katbtodd
11-06-15, 02:16 PM
I get a new update " share the sugar" but still no daily hunts

mreames
11-06-15, 02:20 PM
I get a new update " share the sugar" but still no daily hunts

Same dialog that gave a gold token but this time it's offering lanterns on mine. Lol

nessa005
11-06-15, 02:25 PM
I sent my novice challenge only ticket in along with getting a visit from ivy thanking me for baking when I logged on, strange

After sending my first ticket to S8 I had to visit Thomas and I got a gold token, then sent another to S8 and Ivy gave me a lantern

badbunny42
11-06-15, 02:26 PM
Same dialog that gave a gold token but this time it's offering lanterns on mine. Lol

I got both those, too. Thanks to someone on this forum relating it to that bakery game. I was very confused.

mreames
11-06-15, 02:27 PM
After sending my first ticket to S8 I had to visit Thomas and I got a gold token, then sent another to S8 and Ivy gave me a lantern

I didn't send a ticket on anything and got both of those.

anissada
11-06-15, 02:30 PM
I knew to ask that because I've read issues with it before. You might want to search for it to make sure but I'm pretty sure it involved reinstalling.... I think on the iOS system.

i switched my main and 2nd account a few times on ios, and now sir hamlet is present again.

anissada
11-06-15, 02:31 PM
I didn't send a ticket on anything and got both of those.

lol. this is just another goal in your book, has nothing to do with mailing whatsoever

meme1098
11-06-15, 02:33 PM
Just the Novice hunt here too.

belbar22
11-06-15, 02:33 PM
I also only got the novice hunt today. Sent a ticket to support as requested but not expecting a response as it is the weekend now.

nessa005
11-06-15, 02:36 PM
lol. this is just another goal in your book, has nothing to do with mailing whatsoever

I didn't have anything in my goal book when I was thanked for the cookies. I still only have the novice challenge😤

paisdelasmaravillas
11-06-15, 02:37 PM
I also only have the monster hunt. One more

mreames
11-06-15, 02:43 PM
I also only got the novice hunt today. Sent a ticket to support as requested but not expecting a response as it is the weekend now.

It's still Friday business day here.

sourp4tch
11-06-15, 02:52 PM
Alright everyone, everything should be fixed now!

-The Purple Glimmer Golem will drop from all Horses (except the Faerie Horse, currently in the Baron's Game Tent)
-You should not be seeing any of the Daily Hunt quests if you are less than Level 22
-The Adept and Sovereign Daily Hunt quests should come back every day now. Due to the timing, I unfortunately do not know if they will re-trigger for you all today :(

If the Adept and Sovereign Daily Hunt quests don't retrigger over the weekend, please send a ticket to support@storm8.com and let us know so we can get to work correcting the issue first thing Monday morning <3

Sorry about all this! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the Monster Hunt!

SpuriousNotion
11-06-15, 02:52 PM
Just the novice hunt for me today. Plus, I had two sugar cookie goals appear, one after the other. I will say that it disturbes me Old Thomas will take any old cookie from mysterious sources and eat it. He should have been raised better than that! If an invisible bakery started handing out cookies I think I would pass on that! :)

Oh, thanks, the other challenges showed up just as I posted. Thanks!

paisdelasmaravillas
11-06-15, 03:47 PM
Yes! Now I have the three monsters hunts!
Thanks!

paisdelasmaravillas
11-06-15, 03:52 PM
Alright everyone, everytIhing should be fixed now!

!

Yes! Now Purple glimmer golem drop from Sir daisy!

88silver
11-06-15, 04:09 PM
Wait, so not only does iOS get daily monster hunts, but you guys also get some goal that makes Old Thomas drop gold Troll Tokens? Seriously, S8? Why do you all hate Android so much? Why did you even bother porting the game to Android when you obviously have no intention of supporting it fully?

mreames
11-06-15, 04:15 PM
It was one goal tied to downloading bakery story 2. It dropped one troll token. I don't know if that's iOS only or not.

Wait, so not only does iOS get daily monster hunts, but you guys also get some goal that makes Old Thomas drop gold Troll Tokens? Seriously, S8? Why do you all hate Android so much? Why did you even bother porting the game to Android when you obviously have no intention of supporting it fully?

88silver
11-06-15, 05:48 PM
It was one goal tied to downloading bakery story 2. It dropped one troll token. I don't know if that's iOS only or not.

That's iOS only. Android rewards games more directly. You install and open the new game, go back to CS and you get 30 gems. That's it.

anne202b
11-06-15, 08:04 PM
Senior moment....if I'm close to 120 shield tokens (but can't do gold hunter trade yet), do I do the bronze hunter trade?

Indryia
11-06-15, 08:13 PM
Yes, you should do Bronze Hunter Trade.

comeuntojesus
11-06-15, 08:21 PM
I HAVE WENT THROUGH 35 ANIMALS SO FAR, NOW I HAVE HAVING PROBLEM KEEPING UP WITH ENERGY TO FINISH THEM OFF?
ANY THING MIGHT HELP ME?

ALSO I HAVE SPENT SO MANY GEMS NOT MEANING TO DO SO, OFTEN HAVE NOT NOTICE UNTIL I LOOK UP AND THEY ARE 0 GEMS!

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT PROBLEM?

:confused:

danzplace
11-06-15, 08:38 PM
Thanks all of mine triggered!

mamareader02
11-06-15, 08:46 PM
I'm tired of these coins-for the amount we need,it's just busywork,and TL can give us a "monster slaying season" to count as an update,I miss the good ol days when we had real quests,that weren't just the same thing over n over n over

midgetsocks
11-07-15, 12:31 AM
Pretty sure that the Monster Slaying for Cooking Camp deal is due to us all whining about the constant monster spawn.

Worked for me. Now when it's off-season I don't think so much about hating the boars, I think that I wish the slaying event was on so that I could get the dang cooking camp!!

midgetsocks
11-07-15, 12:33 AM
So for the new game that they want us to download, anyone get a reward of gems?? Or the token and wisp lantern??

I noticed the last one was for a sundae I think.

And they were both iOS 7 games.

This seems a trend:confused:

EBJW
11-07-15, 01:26 AM
So for the new game that they want us to download, anyone get a reward of gems?? Or the token and wisp lantern??

I noticed the last one was for a sundae I think.

And they were both iOS 7 games.

This seems a trend:confused:

Yes, gems, golden coin, and lanterns.

I think this is a new trend, indeed. Don't suppose the players who don't download get the extra quests?!

ShibuyaCloth
11-07-15, 02:24 AM
One game download reward seems to be golden token. Being on iOS 6 renders this quest impossible. Missed quite some goodies lately, so soon CS will be iOS 7. Let's hope I can finish the cooking camp before. With 70 to go...

Rosethornshurt
11-07-15, 04:10 AM
I'm kind of excited. I can't believe I got the 3rd season statue already. Cool! Thank you great forum folk for all your help!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting to everyone!

burritosprings
11-07-15, 05:26 AM
I HAVE WENT THROUGH 35 ANIMALS SO FAR, NOW I HAVE HAVING PROBLEM KEEPING UP WITH ENERGY TO FINISH THEM OFF?
ANY THING MIGHT HELP ME?

ALSO I HAVE SPENT SO MANY GEMS NOT MEANING TO DO SO, OFTEN HAVE NOT NOTICE UNTIL I LOOK UP AND THEY ARE 0 GEMS!

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT PROBLEM?

:confused:

You are getting so many monsters that you are running out of energy? Well congrats... Most people are in the exact opposite position. In regard to the wasting of gems.. Be more careful.

parlski
11-07-15, 06:08 AM
One game download reward seems to be golden token. Being on iOS 6 renders this quest impossible. Missed quite some goodies lately, so soon CS will be iOS 7. Let's hope I can finish the cooking camp before. With 70 to go...

I'm hoping the game doesn't eventually require iOS 7 plus. I have an ipad 3rd with iOS 6 something. to update, it's a jump to something way above iOS 7.... I don't want to risk slowing down my iPad for the sake of updating. somehow I feel
eventually, I will have to do so.

BuddyB111
11-07-15, 07:17 AM
i switched my main and 2nd account a few times on ios, and now sir hamlet is present again.

I don't know if this helps, but as an Android player I can't even see things like Sir Hamlet, his trough, the Baron's Tent in my neighbours' kingdoms, just empty spaces. It looks very strange. When I played on both Android and iOS I could see everything, so I think your problem is related to playing on both systems.

As an Android player I am getting confused about applies to iOS only. Are there any new animals or buildings that spawn beasts for Android players or are all the change for iOS players only? Should I have my horses out of storage? :confused:

ShibuyaCloth
11-07-15, 07:43 AM
I'm hoping the game doesn't eventually require iOS 7 plus. I have an ipad 3rd with iOS 6 something. to update, it's a jump to something way above iOS 7.... I don't want to risk slowing down my iPad for the sake of updating. somehow I feel
eventually, I will have to do so.

Yeap, I upgraded iPhone 4S to iOS8, but with serious tweaking I could manage a good speed and battery life. I am tempted to upgrade this phone. Until now CS works with older versions of iOS. Each update is stress as the regs increases. I had to strip bare my map to play. With the monster hunt event (and most events) I have to get out many items from storage, the game is then rather unstable. Today (on my iPad 1, iOS 5) I had to wax 3x the blue board to finish him off, between crashes, synchs, etc. I spend my time swinging the sword on monsters.

burritosprings
11-07-15, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know if the timer has been fixed? Would love to know so I can get my Wizard schools going then have enough time for them to cycle.

mina_32
11-07-15, 10:29 AM
Where are the monsters tho!?!?

burritosprings
11-07-15, 10:49 AM
Where are the monsters tho!?!?

It appears that the Orphans used all those Treats we gave them and enticed the Monsters away into the Expansion Lands. Prolly riding them like little ponies and shoving down Dirt Pudding like it grows on Trees.

I guess we got Tricked after all.

danzplace
11-07-15, 12:44 PM
Hello SW and Sourpatch! Only novice monsters again today...

nessa005
11-07-15, 12:53 PM
Me too, just like yesterday. I thought they had it all sorted out.

daffdil
11-07-15, 12:53 PM
Again with the Novice challenge only??? Come on S8.

pigswithwigs
11-07-15, 01:49 PM
I too would normally be swimming in dire boars. I had only to think of strawberries and lo and behold the kingdom was infested by the ugly brutes. Now however they have either decided to hibernate or have been scared away by orphans on a sugar high.

Wonkaland99
11-07-15, 02:37 PM
I think someone laced my strawberries with pesticide.
The dire boars are extinct.

twinkletoes12348
11-07-15, 02:50 PM
Something tells me those awful little orphans are the Baron's offspring, and they have a penchant for smoke boar ribs.

SpiritWind00
11-07-15, 03:05 PM
Remember sourpt4ch said there may be timing issues today bc of the fix they put through... I put a copy of that post in post 1. Unfortunately we have to just wait as its the weekend now. It will turn up eventually and I hope it's soon for you.

pigswithwigs
11-07-15, 03:10 PM
I think someone laced my strawberries with pesticide.
The dire boars are extinct.

Never thought of that, sneaky, especially when I try so hard to be organic.

twinkletoes12348
11-07-15, 03:13 PM
For what it's worth, my novice hunt goal showed about an hour before the other two. :)

vickyville14
11-07-15, 03:50 PM
What time do the daily hunts start? I still don't have any for today.

Tictoclolo
11-07-15, 04:39 PM
Hi! I read the first message. Maybe I missed something because I'm not an English speaker but, if I well understand, there are some troubles with the Hunting, Daily Hunt may not apears for some ones and it may be not fixed before Monday because it's weekend now, right? What does it mean?! I'm one of those who don't have the quests for Blue Dire Boar and Purple Glimmer Golem! Will I have to wait two days to have the quest again? This is unfair! How I'm supposed to earn enough tokens if the main sources are off? Surrely not with the two poor little Skunkupines that I miraculously meet once or twice a day! :mad:

vickyville14
11-07-15, 04:47 PM
Hi! I read the first message. Maybe I missed something because I'm not an English speaker but, if I well understand, there are some troubles with the Hunting, Daily Hunt may not apears for some ones and it may be not fixed before Monday because it's weekend now, right? What does it mean?! I'm one of those who don't have the quests for Blue Dire Boar and Purple Glimmer Golem! Will I have to wait two days to have the quest again? This is unfair! How I'm supposed to earn enough tokens if the main sources are off? Surrely not with the two poor little Skunkupines that I miraculously meet once or twice a day! :mad:

Were you responding to me? VickyVille14

The weekend means Saturday & Sunday. Many businesses in the US are not open on the weekends.

Each day so far, I have had all three daily hunts (Novice: for skunkupines and fangbeasts, Daily: for boars, and Sovereign for the purple golem). I was worried because I had not seen these in my Kingdom Goals. They just showed up now.

I find many of my beast in the crops.

danzplace
11-07-15, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the reminder. Mine are now back, and offset.

wesley1218
11-07-15, 09:41 PM
Shortage of staff in this season! Please let us gift staff coin from now!

OnlyOneRamoth
11-08-15, 12:02 AM
Shortage of staff in this season! Please let us gift staff coin from now!

Shortage of staff tokens and despite the change in trade, my trades are down due to severe lack of monsters. i thought you had made things better storm8, but yes, it seems to have been another trick. Thanks a lot.

zyfazix
11-08-15, 04:04 AM
What level do you need to get Dire Boar in your kingdom?

Tictoclolo
11-08-15, 05:07 AM
Each day so far, I have had all three daily hunts (Novice: for skunkupines and fangbeasts, Daily: for boars, and Sovereign for the purple golem). I was worried because I had not seen these in my Kingdom Goals. They just showed up now.

Well, same here. Quests finally show up this morning. So I suppose I had misunderstand the post in first page. I thought that it says that quests may not apears at all during the weekend and we'll have to wait till Monday to see this issue fixed. In that case, it would be really unfair but if quests apears, even late, so things are less bad than I thought. Luckily!

BuddyB111
11-08-15, 05:24 AM
All these iOS players complaining about options not even available to Android players. See how unfair it is? :rolleyes:

gilachaya
11-08-15, 05:58 AM
I put many red mushroom rings next to each other and quickly collect. It gives me a dire boar about half of the time.

anurulz
11-08-15, 06:09 AM
Farmhouse seemed to drop the fangbeast in a decent ratio..

29vanilla
11-08-15, 10:18 AM

So I had the goal to download BS2. Not enough space on my phone. In the meantime two additional goals popped up one for the lantern and one for a gold coin. Now that I have space to download I don't have the original goal. Has anyone downloaded and got the 30 gems from any of these goals? Has anyone continued to the part 2 and part 3 for the 15 gem rewards? Not happy with this new Reward feature.

mina_32
11-08-15, 10:24 AM
So I had the goal to download BS2. Not enough space on my phone. In the meantime two additional goals popped up one for the lantern and one for a gold coin. Now that I have space to download I don't have the original goal. Has anyone downloaded and got the 30 gems from any of these goals? Has anyone continued to the part 2 and part 3 for the 15 gem rewards? Not happy with this new Reward feature.

I got the BS2 goal, currently doing the LV16, but I never got any lantern and gold goal. What is that?

29vanilla
11-08-15, 10:53 AM
The picture of the goal has 3 cookies Easter colors. They look cute. Lol. It says something smells scrumptious. It popped up with dialog like it was for the CS game. 2 separate goals one for lantern and one for "1" gold coin. Did you get 30 gems for download and working on 15 gem reward? Wish I had downloaded right away.

And for MONSTERS: I am spending all my energy with no luck. So frustrated! I didn't give my gold nuggets and haven't spent 50 gems to skip but each season I'm missing out on the novice hunt. During the orphanage hunt I had monsters everywhere !

jessiefromshimerville
11-08-15, 10:53 AM
I love the monster hunt! It is the only event I know of that builds on itself each time. I wish more events did this. I don't always catch on to the nuances of the challenge or don't realize things are not working as they should so for all of us who are castle challenged it is nice to have a second and thirdand forth chance at reaching a goal such as the cooking camp.

jessiefromshimerville
11-08-15, 10:55 AM
Number one rule.... Always Go to the App Store and redown load the game or at least try when things don't seem to be working as they should

mina_32
11-08-15, 12:02 PM
The picture of the goal has 3 cookies Easter colors. They look cute. Lol. It says something smells scrumptious. It popped up with dialog like it was for the CS game. 2 separate goals one for lantern and one for "1" gold coin. Did you get 30 gems for download and working on 15 gem reward? Wish I had downloaded right away.

And for MONSTERS: I am spending all my energy with no luck. So frustrated! I didn't give my gold nuggets and haven't spent 50 gems to skip but each season I'm missing out on the novice hunt. During the orphanage hunt I had monsters everywhere !

I got 30 and 15 gems twice, working on third now. I don't think I got those two goals. :confused:

Same, though. I only get monsters when the daily quests are active, and even then it's difficult to make them appear...

adekil40
11-08-15, 12:04 PM
3 seasons in and have 32 gold tokens and not for want of trying, am I to assume there will be a fourth and final season? If so this is a waste of a task as I'd need another 4 seasons to get 99 tokens

mreames
11-08-15, 12:38 PM
I got the gems for installing, gems for leveling up and also got the extra rewards. It seems to be in addition, not replacing.

29vanilla
11-08-15, 01:50 PM
Thanks mreames. I'll give it a try.

29vanilla
11-08-15, 01:55 PM
3 seasons in and have 32 gold tokens and not for want of trying, am I to assume there will be a fourth and final season? If so this is a waste of a task as I'd need another 4 seasons to get 99 tokens

I'm worried too about how many seasons to go. I'll need about 7 more seasons at this rate. Poor android players even longer. Really don't want an unfinished goal having to pay gems for this. But I really want it. Lol. Let's keep chugging along.

PrincessCupOButter
11-08-15, 05:27 PM

I got the 30 gems for playing, then the prompt to visit Thomas and recieve a token. Another prompt to visit Thomas and recieve 2 wisp lanterns. I've leveled up twice for 15 gems each. Currently working on reaching level 16, anticipating 15 more gems.

As for the monster hunt I've gotten the daily hunts every day, but the second two get later and later every day. The novice appears like clockwork
Still waiting on them today.

They appeared as soon as I logged back in :D

anissada
11-08-15, 06:16 PM
nice one..
all TL games offline without any warning?

BuddyB111
11-08-15, 06:20 PM
I can't load anything either. :(

sircatalot
11-08-15, 06:22 PM
Odd. I can play all games

freesiawoods
11-09-15, 07:21 AM
Well I am pretty happy with this season (though it still is kinda boring). My tokens seem to be much more balanced in numbers this time and the best part is getting gems from the gold token trades.

mina_32
11-09-15, 07:29 AM
Uuu, I'm actually getting monsters today! :cool:

CharmOfLea
11-09-15, 09:12 AM
Who do these statue gifts from the trading trolls represent?

BuddyB111
11-09-15, 09:20 AM
This is ****ing me. I have been playing on and off for 8 hours and have only found ONE dire board which spawned ONE staff token. As an Android player I can only get staff tokens from dire boars so it still going to take forever until I can collect enough gold tokens to buy the kitchen.

Come on S8, this is just not on. :(

Allizhon
11-09-15, 09:24 AM
I understand that the Valentine skunkupine doesn't drop tokens, but why doesn't defeating one count toward the "defeat any 25 monsters" goal?

BuddyB111
11-09-15, 09:40 AM
Who do these statue gifts from the trading trolls represent?

Not sure they represent anybody. At first I thought the first one was going to be Thurston, but he's too young. This latest one could be female. Maybe someone else knows the answer.

ShibuyaCloth
11-09-15, 09:50 AM
I understand that the Valentine skunkupine doesn't drop tokens, but why doesn't defeating one count toward the "defeat any 25 monsters" goal?

Because, like the Troll, t is not a monster ;) It is a pink fuzz-ball

Aliciak25
11-09-15, 09:55 AM
I have 4 brown coin horses out (not Sir Daisy), collected 4x no monster spawn at all