PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday 2015 Discussion Thread

matiasabad94
11-03-15, 08:44 PM
The title pretty much says it all... Black Friday is less than a month away! It's almost that time of the year where we get some really cool discounts and *possibly* animals re-releases. What would you like to see? Have you started saving gems? What was your favourite 2014 BF sale?

The reason I created this thread is to propose ideas, speculate (leaving the official speculations thread for updates only), and discuss the sales when the day comes.

edit(KP)
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/D9BD0FD5-0F17-4AB0-9429-403E0C0064EB_zps88fnxjdx.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/D9BD0FD5-0F17-4AB0-9429-403E0C0064EB_zps88fnxjdx.png.html)

Clark_Wayne
11-03-15, 08:55 PM
i want premium habitats sale :)
and for the animals : sale on melodeer or halloweasel but i don't think that will happen (for both i mean :D)

flowless
11-03-15, 10:26 PM
Habitate re release and big sale
Re release of metropony , chocolate rabbit , melodeer, mouse (forgot his name)

I remmber last year
My friends went crazy with the habits
I bought 9 habits last year

saucysammis
11-04-15, 01:01 AM
Here are my wishes:

First things first: 60% off gem sale.

24 hr window in which neighbors may gift a total of 3 creatures to another neighbor. Example: I may gift only 3 of my existing hatched or in storage creatures. I may choose to gift all 3 to one neighbor, or 1 each to 3 neighbors. Oh, and give us a heads up about it ahead of time please.

Re-release of all trio animals at 1/3!price. Add them to spin to win as well.

Gem Habitat sale. 75 gems per.

Bring back last years winter trio habitat and include it in the habitat sale.

As for a Christmas present.....

Fix the nest and breeding den so they have the same footprint as a large habitat, and make the footprint centered in the middle so large habitats can fit on either side. C'mon now!

ogreve
11-04-15, 01:51 AM
I was about to open a thread like this...

A few weeks ago with a bit of help from Hawksmoor (pointing me in the right direction) I created a summary of the things that were done last year on BF, the weekend after and on Cyber Monday. As far as I could reconstruct the events, releases, etc., it appears to have been very close to the following:

-The Black Friday 'special' was announced in advance.
-It started a little bit BEFORE the Friday.
-It started with a 40% off gem sale, a 50% off Toucan sale (400 gems instead of 800 gems), 150 gem price on all of the Grand habitats, 50% off of the Treasure Trove coin price.
-Also, there were two value packs, being a Skeletal Dragon + 50 runes + 25,000 food for $9,99 for higher level players, and a value pack with the Vampire Cat for lower level players (one player who bought that was level 14; no details were given as to the price or what else was in the value pack).
-The Toucan sale apparently only lasted 13 hours.
-The gem sale also ended much earlier than many people expected. Possibly along with the Toucan sale.
-The Toucan needed to go directly to the nest, so just like normally is the case gem-bought animals do not go into storage.
-If I read it correctly, the habitat sale continued for the entire weekend.
-In the weekend there seems to have been a Unicornucopia sale of 50% off (i.e. 200 gems instead of 400 gems).
-Then, if I gathered it right, on Cyber Monday there was a Crystal Unicorn value pack, with a price of $20 (probably $19.99).

I think the above summarises what I have been able to find in terms of actual amounts, periods, animals, etc.

Now, though there are some things of interest there, I was actually hoping that this year TL goes a bit more over the top and in some respects gives us better deals. The above are o.k. and are mainly good in terms of the "amount of sales". What I would really like to see though, is better discounts (even if then fewer items are offered). In quite a few S8 games I tend to see some far better deals all year long; think of things like a 90% off gem sale, or $1.99 value packs and other 80% or 90% off sales. I've never understood why in FFS we don't tend to get such good deals. Surely at least a few times a year (BF, Christmas, ...) they could let us enjoy a REALLY good sale like that...

Hence, I would be a bit disappointed if the gems are "only" 40% off. I would really hope that they offer things like:
-90% off gem sale.
-premium habitats for 75 gems (like last summer!).
-Value packs with some cool normal animals: like e.g. the Nightmare (!!!!) + Runes for $1.99, Skeletal Dragon + Runes for $1.99, ....
-Value packs with ultra rares + runes for good discounts too, preferrably several options: Crystal Unicorn, Gem Hybrids, Treasure Animals, with added in Runes for a price like $5.99 each.
-90% or 80% off shop sale of the Crystal Unicorn. I'd easily buy two of them at such discounts. Same for Treasure animals. It's becoming SO tedious to breed for those animals and after hundreds of times ONLY get fails...

You know, in the end it all comes down to simple economics. I've never made a secret of the fact that I'd love a value pack with a Skeletal Dragon + Runes and/or a Nightmare + Runes, and right now there is one, but at 14.99 Euros I'm not buying that. For NORMAL animals I think that's too much, or at least much more than I care to spend on it. For ultra rares I'd consider something that would maximally cost 9.99 Euros. anything over that and it again becomes too expensive for my likings.
Same for the things like premium habitats etc. if they're really cheap I'm willing to stock up on a few (like done before), but if they're at 150 gems each, then I'm not so tempted to buy any.

So, to summarise, in my situation I *COULD* actually go on a bit of shopping spree if several cool things really become dirt cheap, in which case TL *WILL* make some good $$ off of me. Or.... they could have the same style of discounts as last year in which case I think I'll *ONLY* buy a 530 gems pack, and nothing else, causing them to gain substantially fewer $$ from me.
As they only have to make 'existing virtual content' available at such prices, there's really no reason why it couldn't become REALLY dirt cheap. It's not like "expensive material" has to be used for further existing virtual content (yes, I do understand how "pay back" works for earlier made investments).

It'll be their call, but they can either have relatively lowly reduced content and make some $$ through sales, or they can let us really share in very cheap content and make a whole lot more....
I hope that other forum members will echo that request of mine, who knows, TL may listen to it and then we may be able to finally get some of the animals that we simply cannot seem to ever breed or that are no longer available and that we otherwise would not buy anyway.

Sandybellee
11-04-15, 03:09 AM
Thanks for opening this thread, matiasabad94!

I'm really looking forward to premium habitat sales. As more space is always needed, it's much better to be able to fit 4 animals into a habitat than 3 so I will likely get a couple of those if they are on sale for a good price. How about even letting us buy one premium habitat for coins instead of gems?

A good gem sale would be great and I would love to see treasure animals on sale for a good price and maybe even a new treasure animal introduced.

Would also love to see some expired animals back at good discount. I would love to get the Melodeer to complete my music trio. Would also like to see value packs with complete trios (unlike the space trio value pack they had without the Plutopus! Why sell an incomplete trio!?).

evys_mom
11-04-15, 07:48 AM
I like all the suggestions already mentioned.

What I would love to see is expansions on sale (# of runes drastically reduced) or raise the price of the expansion and lower the # of runes.

For those of us that are horrible harvesters, give a special fruit with very high yield. I am sure TL gets tired of comparing DS to FFS, but DS had an $8000 10 minute fruit that yields 100 food. I would love that permanently (they also get up to 7 farms). For BF sale, I say make nexus nuts ready in an hour & cherries ready in 10 minutes for a whole weekend!

Scribbles138
11-04-15, 08:25 AM
...What I would really like to see though, is better discounts (even if then fewer items are offered). In quite a few S8 games I tend to see some far better deals all year long; think of things like a 90% off gem sale, or $1.99 value packs and other 80% or 90% off sales. I've never understood why in FFS we don't tend to get such good deals. Surely at least a few times a year (BF, Christmas, ...) they could let us enjoy a REALLY good sale like that...

I've wondered this too. Some of the other games I play are almost ALWAYS 90% off sales for their gems and special items, but we only ever get small discounts off gems. I would love to see a steeper discount in gems or value packs!

calvinxx
11-04-15, 10:21 AM
I don't know how many people would want this but I would love to see an apple sale. Like 100 gems for 200,000 apples

Tictoclolo
11-04-15, 07:42 PM
I love your propositions, ogreve and I'm totaly agreed with you. But, unfortunaly I don't have really much hope that TL heards you. It's TL after all...
But if, they miraculously surprise me with this kind of offers, then I could seriously considering to exceptionally make some shopping, even if I had decided, long time ago, to not spend any more Euro on TL's games because of Gem Trap and too numerous disappointments. And not a little shopping...

About re-released Animals, if there are, I would like too the trio's back, as breedables preferably. Especially Cosmic and Music. And maybe the Chocolate Rabbit too.

Scribbles138
11-04-15, 07:49 PM
I don't know how many people would want this but I would love to see an apple sale. Like 100 gems for 200,000 apples

I don't know how many people would pay gems for food, considering its one of the few things we use our coins for. But I imagine if enough people brought it up, maybe they'd hear! Especially given how much food is needed for the storybook adventures and I know that's one step people struggle with.

Clark_Wayne
11-04-15, 09:06 PM
LOL i don't think we will ever have a 90% sale . the max i saw was 80% on 1 animal or 1 dragon, which is already not too bad ;)

another thing i never saw and i would like : bringing back ALL limited breedable animals with 50-80% sale :) so if you want to buy, you buy, if you want to breed , you breed, but i think it is a dream LOL

tennysonrobin
11-05-15, 12:50 AM
I told myself to start saving for black friday but just threw a bunch of gems over the window trying for deadwing to no avail :(( it s November now, black friday is just around the corner so im back to saving mode.

Tictoclolo
11-05-15, 07:02 AM
LOL i don't think we will ever have a 90% sale . the max i saw was 80% on 1 animal or 1 dragon, which is already not too bad ;)

another thing i never saw and i would like : bringing back ALL limited breedable animals with 50-80% sale :) so if you want to buy, you buy, if you want to breed , you breed, but i think it is a dream LOL

Oh, I'm actually not really optimistic too about chances of 90% sales but... well... dream is free, at least... V_V

31aug2002
11-05-15, 12:09 PM
I totally love the suggestions made by Ogreve. If all that happens , TL is going to rake in the booty. I would go on a shopping spree like never before!!

[S8] Elsa
11-05-15, 12:13 PM
Shared the suggestion thread, but please note that there aren't any guarantees. :)

kittenthief
11-08-15, 08:17 AM
I want to see another nest available for purchase.

Drachenia
11-08-15, 08:37 AM
I want to see another nest available for purchase.
I agree with you kittenthief :D

chiareh
11-08-15, 01:00 PM
I would love the option to purchase some "boosted" breeding, like in DS. I would totally speed through that (aka, buy gems), to have an better/increased chance at nailing some ultra rares. I would also love the gem animals to be on sale, because that would be the only reason I would ever consider buying one. lol. I got the toucan last year and loved it. I hope there are some good sales this year.

Scribbles138
11-09-15, 06:33 AM
I'm hoping that some of the multi-element habitats go on sale. 200 gems isn't bad, but 100 or less is better! :D With the rearranging that I'm doing in my forest, it would definitely help.

Drachenia
11-09-15, 03:02 PM
I wish an animal that us gives the Realm Runes :D

Clark_Wayne
11-09-15, 09:59 PM

they did that for dragon story (dragon that gives maps, same as the runes) so may be they will release an animal that gives runes. cross your fingers ;)

ogreve
11-10-15, 01:28 AM

Ooooh! I love that idea!!! Just like the DS thing I saw where you could get 6x the odds of breeding a Diamond Dragon (IIRC - I don't really play DS).
So far we don't know if the Solar Bear can produce some "special" off-spring, but wouldn't it be great if TL decides to use that animal as one of the ingredients for breeding a Rune animal. I love that idea: that would be SO useful!

Silverrain1
11-10-15, 11:46 AM

Absolutely love that idea! Takes such a long time to get bombs to get the runes. Especially since sometimes I only get 1 rune per bomb!

LonePudding
11-10-15, 01:24 PM
Just of out curiosity, how many gems have you guys saved for BF? (Can't include any bought gems)

ogreve
11-11-15, 03:38 AM
Up until yesterday evening with a lot of effort I had saved up to 354 gems. Then last night disaster struck: my phone slipped from my hands, I grabbed it and managed to spend 100 gems on buying -of all things- 610,000 coins. :( So, now I have 29 million coins and nothing to spend them on, and I'm down to 254 gems. I would love the new special habitat too, but that would be a further 200 gems.
I have asked TL if the 100 accidentally spent ones can be reimbursed, even if at the cost of them docking me 10x the amount of coins received for them. No problem forking out 6,100,000 coins. I could even do that amount times 4 and still it wouldn't hurt.
I think my decision for buying the limited habitat or not buying it will strongly depend on what TL does in terms of reimbursing the 100 gems or not....

Hawksmoor
11-11-15, 06:38 AM
Up until yesterday evening with a lot of effort I had saved up to 354 gems. Then last night disaster struck: my phone slipped from my hands, I grabbed it and managed to spend 100 gems on buying -of all things- 610,000 coins. :( So, now I have 29 million coins and nothing to spend them on, and I'm down to 254 gems. I would love the new special habitat too, but that would be a further 200 gems.
I have asked TL if the 100 accidentally spent ones can be reimbursed, even if at the cost of them docking me 10x the amount of coins received for them. No problem forking out 6,100,000 coins. I could even do that amount times 4 and still it wouldn't hurt.
I think my decision for buying the limited habitat or not buying it will strongly depend on what TL does in terms of reimbursing the 100 gems or not....

Wow, that's a bummer! I'd be interested to hear if you get your gems back or not...

Silverrain1
11-11-15, 07:15 AM
Just of out curiosity, how many gems have you guys saved for BF? (Can't include any bought gems)

I had 516 but I bought the candy habitat. So left with 316. I'll see what comes up in the sales with them, although I have never bought an animal, I wouldn't mind spending them on other things. Oh no ogreve! That's a lot of gems, especially when it's something you don't need! I've accidentally spent a few sometimes but luckily not that kind of number! More on speeding things when i pressed buttons to quickly or dropped my phone by accident.

saucysammis
11-11-15, 11:31 AM
I edited this to my original post, but am chiming in here with a new post.

I want to have a 24 hr window in which neighbors may gift a total of 3 creatures to another neighbor. Example: I may gift only 3 of my existing hatched or in storage creatures. I may choose to gift all 3 to one neighbor, or 1 each to 3 neighbors. Oh, and give us a heads up about it ahead of time please.

As far as gems saved.....ha. I have zero saved. And I knew I would. I used them for a second creepy habitat and now the candy habitat. I have left the ones I bought during a sale and hope that will be enough to get me through.

I did the same thing last week or the week before, iPad slipped while I accepted a phone call and before I knew it I was being congratulated on my purchase of some 20,000 apples for 100 gems. I don't even know how the steps for the transaction occurred! I already had over 200,000 apples. Hope for your sake that t's the first time you've asked and TL will give you their "one time and one time only" reimbursement.

If there is one feature of all their games that I dislike, it is that there is no confirmation button to tap to confirm the giant gem purchases of massive amounts of items that are generally earned easily in the games.

LonePudding
11-11-15, 02:17 PM
I had 516 but I bought the candy habitat. So left with 316. I'll see what comes up in the sales with them, although I have never bought an animal, I wouldn't mind spending them on other things.

I only have 70 right now, don't know if I'll be able to afford anything!

ThynaSmith
11-11-15, 04:11 PM
I'm totally almost out of gems... Had close to 150, but ended up using all of it trying to get the Dead Wing through speeding breeding and hatching. And to no avail, which is really annoying :(

I'm sorry for your accident, ogreve! This happened to me sometimes, but never that amount of gems. Even when it's a little, it really sucks! Do you guys know if TL announces what's going to be on sale, for Black Friday, before it actually starts? Me buying gems will depend on what's on sale. It will have to be really worth it, lol, I'm on a tight budget right now.

Hawksmoor
11-11-15, 04:55 PM
I'm totally almost out of gems... Had close to 150, but ended up using all of it trying to get the Dead Wing through speeding breeding and hatching. And to no avail, which is really annoying :(

I'm sorry for your accident, ogreve! This happened to me sometimes, but never that amount of gems. Even when it's a little, it really sucks! Do you guys know if TL announces what's going to be on sale, for Black Friday, before it actually starts? Me buying gems will depend on what's on sale. It will have to be really worth it, lol, I'm on a tight budget right now.

Here's the thread from last year - http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75573-Black-Friday-Deals
There was also a Cyber Monday sale. I'm hoping they "up the ante" this year and offer more deals :-)

ThynaSmith
11-11-15, 06:29 PM
Thank you, Hawksmoor!

Scribbles138
11-11-15, 06:45 PM
I skimmed through the thread from last year, seems some of the sales went away early, so we should be mindful of that. Also, I've never considered the grand habitats, simply because at 500 gems they're way too expensive. If they go on sale again, I might have to think about them. The water, dark gem, (if you've got gem animals) and electric seem more worth it than the earth, nature and fire ones, given their coin capacity. What are your guys thoughts on the grand habitats?

ThynaSmith
11-11-15, 08:34 PM
I skimmed through the thread from last year, seems some of the sales went away early, so we should be mindful of that. Also, I've never considered the grand habitats, simply because at 500 gems they're way too expensive. If they go on sale again, I might have to think about them. The water, dark GE, (if you've got gem animals) and electric seem more worth it than the earth, nature and fire ones, given their coin capacity. What are your guys thoughts on the grand habitats?
I'd like to know how much space they take, to be placed in the forest. Because that can create a problem with logistics, since usually the space we clear on the expansions is just enough for the big habitats...

Scribbles138
11-11-15, 08:36 PM
I'd like to know how much space they take, to be placed in the forest. Because that can create a problem with logistics, since usually the space we clear on the expansions is just enough for the big habitats...

Good question. Anyone know the answer?

flowless
11-11-15, 09:57 PM
Good question. Anyone know the answer?

Its the same size
I have almost 17 those habuits
Its the same size of the big one

Silverrain1
11-11-15, 11:57 PM
I only have 70 right now, don't know if I'll be able to afford anything!

Am I right in remembering a sale where the grand habitats went down to 70 gems? I've got 2 and I definitely did not spend 500 each or even combined! Maybe you can invest in a purchase but of gems if you get a good sale on them, that way you have them just incase there's something you like, and if not then you have them for emergencies! I'm torn on spending some on spin to win. I only don't have the robber raccoon and the great danebow, but so far I've won coins, food, 1 Pygmy (already had) and 1 set of runes, so not sure if it's going to be worth it. If you have better luck, maybe you could purchase some spins instead of worrying about sales?

ogreve
11-12-15, 01:52 AM
Here's the thread from last year - http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75573-Black-Friday-Deals
There was also a Cyber Monday sale. I'm hoping they "up the ante" this year and offer more deals :-)

For those who want a quick "executive summary" instead of having to read all 95 posts in that thread, you can read the first half of this post of mine that I made earlier: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86098-Black-Friday-2015-Discussion-Thread&p=1200527&viewfull=1#post1200527

I'm really hoping this year we'll get far better deals though. At the prices of last year's deal, I may only end up buying some gems, whereas I might go all out on Gem and/or Treasure animals and good habitats if they slice the prices towards the 80%-90% off range.
It'll be TL's call, but I'm sure they can make a lot more sales (and hence: real life money) if they give us REALLY good deals. I don't think it's too much to ask for either: pretty much ALL of the S8 games have great sales throughout the entire year; it's only in FFS (AFAIK) that we get so limited discounts. In light of that, at least on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and perhaps a few other days a year they could give us some of those really good discounts.
I'm desperately hoping particularly for a VERY good Crystal Unicorn sale. I may then even buy TWO of them so as to be able to end 4-element breedings and open up an array of other breeding possibilities...

@Silverrain1: yes, last summer we had a GREAT sale of the Grand Habitats when they were available for only 75 gems! I only bought two of them then (a Grand Fire Field and a Grand Gem Cove) as in the week before it several of the dual-element habitats were on sale for 100 gems and I had bought some 3-4 of those already.

To all: the footprint of the grand habitats is indeed 4x4. If you plan on upgrading to a grand habitat, rather than buying ones to go on empty spots, note that the price to upgrade from a Big habitat to a Grand habitat is then the exact same amount as when buying the Grand habitat, and.... the upgrade is instantly done! This is very convenient as it means that you don't have to move animals around etc. in order to swap out habitats: you can simply upgrade your Big habitat to a Grand one, et voila: you instantly have one additional spot for an animal, and the increased coin capacity. This is perhaps handy information for those of us who want to plan an upgrade strategy ahead of time. Do make sure to have all of the habitats that you intend to "upgrade in place" being Big habitats BEFORE Black Friday, and then you can do what I just described.

Scribbles138
11-12-15, 05:21 AM
To all: the footprint of the grand habitats is indeed 4x4. If you plan on upgrading to a grand habitat, rather than buying ones to go on empty spots, note that the price to upgrade from a Big habitat to a Grand habitat is then the exact same amount as when buying the Grand habitat, and.... the upgrade is instantly done! This is very convenient as it means that you don't have to move animals around etc. in order to swap out habitats: you can simply upgrade your Big habitat to a Grand one, et voila: you instantly have one additional spot for an animal, and the increased coin capacity. This is perhaps handy information for those of us who want to plan an upgrade strategy ahead of time. Do make sure to have all of the habitats that you intend to "upgrade in place" being Big habitats BEFORE Black Friday, and then you can do what I just described.

This is great news. It would be way easier than having to move things around to free up the space, if they do go on sale this year. I didn't realize they went on sale for 75 gems, I thought it was 100, which is still a good deal. I'm a huge fan of the multi element habitats, so I'm still hoping they go on sale, but I would love to upgrade to grand ones as well.

Hawksmoor
11-12-15, 10:09 AM
For those who want a quick "executive summary" instead of having to read all 95 posts in that thread, you can read the first half of this post of mine that I made earlier: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86098-Black-Friday-2015-Discussion-Thread&p=1200527&viewfull=1#post1200527

I'm really hoping this year we'll get far better deals though. At the prices of last year's deal, I may only end up buying some gems, whereas I might go all out on Gem and/or Treasure animals and good habitats if they slice the prices towards the 80%-90% off range.
It'll be TL's call, but I'm sure they can make a lot more sales (and hence: real life money) if they give us REALLY good deals. I don't think it's too much to ask for either: pretty much ALL of the S8 games have great sales throughout the entire year; it's only in FFS (AFAIK) that we get so limited discounts. In light of that, at least on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and perhaps a few other days a year they could give us some of those really good discounts.
I'm desperately hoping particularly for a VERY good Crystal Unicorn sale. I may then even buy TWO of them so as to be able to end 4-element breedings and open up an array of other breeding possibilities...

Thanks again for summarizing ogreve. Last year, FFS had only been released for about 4 months when Black Friday came around. Now that the game has been released for a year +, I like to think that the player base is that much bigger and they can offer us more grand deals. But like ogreve said, it's totally S8's call what we do or do not get. Last year Elsa (Forum Community Manager) did give us a heads up that the sale was coming. I hope we get another heads up this year. It got everyone frothing at the mouth in anticipation, and it really was quite exciting during the "countdown" to Black Friday! :D

Scribbles138
11-12-15, 11:40 AM
With the gem sale that happened on Black Friday (or leading up to), was it a normal discount? Or was it more? I think our normal discount is 30%, but it might be 40%...I don't remember.

Hawksmoor
11-12-15, 11:47 AM
With the gem sale that happened on Black Friday (or leading up to), was it a normal discount? Or was it more? I think our normal discount is 30%, but it might be 40%...I don't remember.

Gems were 40% off last year. Currently, whenever I get a gem sale they're 30% off, and in the same deal it's 20% the smallest offered, which is a "handful" I think they call it (something like 100 gems I believe?).
Except for Black Friday, I don't recall another time when there was a 40% off (or more) gem sale in FFS.

31aug2002
11-12-15, 02:14 PM
After reading this thread and also last years sale brief very kindly provided by Ogreve, one question comes to mind

HOW MANY GEMS SHOULD OONE HAVE LEADING UPTO THE BLACK FRIDAY SALE?? :):)

Silverrain1
11-12-15, 03:04 PM
After reading this thread and also last years sale brief very kindly provided by Ogreve, one question comes to mind

I suppose it depends on what you want to buy. I'm not fussed for animals, I'm keen for habitats (and we will see what else comes available!) I had a sale today so I bought some gems. I'm back up to just over 500, will see what happens next. Now I'm torn on spin to win, I only need 1 animal but dunno if it's worth spending the gems. I have one spin left so I suppose I will see what tomorrow brings!

LonePudding
11-12-15, 03:14 PM
Good to know that habitats have been sold at 75 gems before! Looking forward to BF, and with a good gem sale, S8 might squeeze some money out of me ;)

Scribbles138
11-12-15, 11:19 PM

I agree with Silverrain1, that it all depends on what you want to buy. I have 560 currently saved (finally got the last 15 for getting to level 61 in that infuriating frozen mania game! :mad:) If I'm not lucky on my last free spin tomorrow, I might buy a couple in hopes of getting the Raccoon. I'm hoping habitats go on sale as well, multi-element and the grand habitats. I don't have a lot of space to play with when it comes to placing new habitats (only 2 spots I could use, and actually only one once I buy the candy habitat) so if the grand ones go on sale, I hope to upgrade some existing ones and move animals around and sell empty large habitats. Then I'll have more space for the multi-element ones. :D. I know I might be hoping for a lot, but I can dream! :D I also would have a hard time saying no to a treasure or gem animal sale.

ogreve
11-13-15, 02:42 AM
Important heads-up: I just got the splash screen of the Candy Canyon with the timer again. The good news is that it ends in 14 days and 9+ hours (at the moment of writing this), which should then mean that it ends ON Black Friday, and not right before it, as I feared.
I have no idea if it will be available for the 200 gems sale price right until the end. In light of having accidentally blown 100 gems on (for me useless) coins, I think I shall wait until Black Friday to see if I do or do not buy that habitat, or maybe some other habitat(s).

sweetdeda
11-13-15, 03:55 AM
Important heads-up: I just got the splash screen of the Candy Canyon with the timer again. The good news is that it ends in 14 days and 9+ hours (at the moment of writing this), which should then mean that it ends ON Black Friday, and not right before it, as I feared.
I have no idea if it will be available for the 200 gems sale price right until the end. In light of having accidentally blown 100 gems on (for me useless) coins, I think I shall wait until Black Friday to see if I do or do not buy that habitat, or maybe some other habitat(s).

I noticed that timer too, still disappointed that we can not earn through the event as it has been the norm for the habitats, I don't know that I will buy it even if it does go on deeper discount for Black Friday. I am however looking to purchase other premium habitats. Let the sales begin! :)

Sandybellee
11-13-15, 05:26 AM

Ha ha! I think the right answer would be as many as humanly possible! :D I'm saving every gem I can. It may be difficult to choose what to get depending on the sales. Really looking forward to habitat sales. It would be nice if we got new multi element habitats for Black Friday, too!

Scribbles138
11-13-15, 07:30 AM

I'll be honest, I am worried that this won't be discounted further and we'll lose out on it come Black Friday, if it's not a permanent habitat. For me, I'll purchase it beforehand and if it goes on sale, well then it likely means that other multi-element habitats are on sale and I'll get some of those. I am worried about space though, I don't know if I'll be able to expand again before the 27th, which means I'll only have one open space available. If the grand habitats don't go on sale for me to upgrade and get rid of the large ones, I don't know what I'll end up doing. Anyone else have a strategy? We have to place it when we buy it, right?

ninasidstorm8
11-13-15, 07:50 AM
I noticed that timer too, still disappointed that we can not earn through the event as it has been the norm for the habitats, I don't know that I will buy it even if it does go on deeper discount for Black Friday. I am however looking to purchase other premium habitats. Let the sales begin! :)

The timer for the Candy Canyon habitat was set to end around the time of the 11/27 update which is also about the time the Candy Carnival World Event is set to end. I didn't catch the exact time but it would surprise me if both the habitat sale and the World Event don't end at the same time.

Silverrain1
11-13-15, 11:26 AM
I'll be honest, I am worried that this won't be discounted further and we'll lose out on it come Black Friday, if it's not a permanent habitat. For me, I'll purchase it beforehand and if it goes on sale, well then it likely means that other multi-element habitats are on sale and I'll get some of those. I am worried about space though, I don't know if I'll be able to expand again before the 27th, which means I'll only have one open space available. If the grand habitats don't go on sale for me to upgrade and get rid of the large ones, I don't know what I'll end up doing. Anyone else have a strategy? We have to place it when we buy it, right?

Yes, bought habitats have to be placed there and then. If push comes to shove, maybe you could sell a farm
or 2? Or the evolution flower, but I can never keep up with events so please ask someone first if they think there will be a story book event or something which would mean that you would need these items

31aug2002
11-13-15, 12:13 PM
Thank you all for your inputs. I too have habitats on mind . Though I was a little impatient and did go and buy t he candy habitat outright . But that has come in handy to house my two good fails of dragonfly and sea drake trying for the brave eagle + my goblin gobbler too. :)
I am looking for some cool animal sales too , like may be the treasure toucan and the crystal unicorn.
Keeping fingers crossed. And saving every Tini tiny gem I can muster up:)
Incidentally I have been getting back to back gem sales for the last few days , but have been to busy with festivities at home.

ogreve
11-24-15, 06:34 AM
@all: in preparation of Black Friday we may all want to look out for discounted iTunes (gift) cards, which may result in more bang for the buck for us, and consequently in more sales for TL.
I have started a separate thread about it here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86725-iTunes-gift-cards-FFS-better-discounts-How-to-%28best%29-use-them
I have asked some questions there too so I (and others!) can find out HOW to use these cards.
Hopefully someone can answer the questions, if possible someone from TL or just any forum contributor who can tell for sure. If TL (or someone else) explains the process well, we could ALL have better acquisition possibilities on BF! :P

Sandybellee
11-24-15, 10:15 AM
@all: in preparation of Black Friday we may all want to look out for discounted iTunes (gift) cards, which may result in more bang for the buck for us, and consequently in more sales for TL.
I have started a separate thread about it here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86725-iTunes-gift-cards-FFS-better-discounts-How-to-%28best%29-use-them
I have asked some questions there too so I (and others!) can find out HOW to use these cards.
Hopefully someone can answer the questions, if possible someone from TL or just any forum contributor who can tell for sure. If TL (or someone else) explains the process well, we could ALL have better acquisition possibilities on BF! :P

Great that you got your gems back! I hope someone knows about the iTunes gift cards here in Europe. :)

Friday can't come fast enough! I have two expansions ready for new habitats and my other habitats are pretty much full. I finally got something new (Bansheep, I think) with my Fladingo and Catypuss breeding pair after countless fails but don't have any place for it when it hatches. I think I will sell my Planther - it's easy enough to get another one later.

31aug2002
11-24-15, 12:39 PM
Okay so is this an early start on the BF sale !!!

sweetypies97
11-24-15, 12:43 PM
:/ nothing that I want/need. Bummer.

ogreve
11-24-15, 12:45 PM
I think so.
The good news is that they are available until November 29th and marked accordingly.
Had this sale had the Nightmare or the Skeletal Dragon I might have gone for these two animals. I'm still hoping those will go on sale too. From this batch of animals there are several ones that I like.
But... I would like to know if we can breed them too at this time. I think so, but I'm not sure of course.
There are some nice ones. I particularly like the Unicornucopia and the Magnetic Mouse. The latter has a very good price too. I think I'm going to work out some good 4-element formulas for having shots at them...
Then I shall probably wait until close to the end of the sale and properly time it. I'd really like to know what Friday will bring before I spend my carefully collected gems....:P

Scribbles138
11-24-15, 12:47 PM
If I had a gem sale right now I might pick a couple up...I have a few of them, but wouldn't mind a Pumpkin Panda. Finding room to put them is the hard part right now though. The Thanksgibbon, is that one from last year? I haven't heard of it before, so it must be from before I started playing.

31aug2002
11-24-15, 12:49 PM
I particularly like the unicornocorpia and mamaroo . I missed out on the mamaroo in the previous sale . Also won't mind the pumpkin panda ( didn't get it in the wheel )
Hope we can breed them too .
Please can someone confirm this.

ninasidstorm8
11-24-15, 12:50 PM
I think so.
The good news is that they are available until November 29th and marked accordingly.
Had this sale had the Nightmare or the Skeletal Dragon I might have gone for these two animals. I'm still hoping those will go on sale too. From this batch of animals there are several ones that I like.
But... I would like to know if we can breed them too at this time. I think so, but I'm not sure of course.
There are some nice ones. I particularly like the Unicornucopia and the Magnetic Mouse. The latter has a very good price too. I think I'm going to work out some good 4-element formulas for having shots at them...
Then I shall probably wait until close to the end of the sale and properly time it. I'd really like to know what Friday will bring before I spend my carefully collected gems....:P

We should be able to breed them since they are in the shop and show up in your album as well. First time they recycled some animals that I don't have. I am going for the Magnetic Mouse first, but a Chocolate Rabbit or Sapybara would be welcome.

flowless
11-24-15, 12:58 PM
Am saving my itune cards for the habuits first
And im hoping to get lucky and get the mouse
So i would buy the earth electrical habuit for it

Sandybellee
11-24-15, 01:12 PM
I'm happy to see such good prizes for them! I'd really like Unicornucopia and Chocolate Rabbit at least. But no room to put them in until the expected habitat sale. Hopefully we'll all be able to breed some of these! :)

RocioBM
11-24-15, 03:55 PM
This is the famous "Black Friday" or are more offers to come next weeks?

Scribbles138
11-24-15, 06:50 PM
This is the famous "Black Friday" or are more offers to come next weeks?

I would imagine more specials by the end of the week.

ogreve
11-25-15, 03:03 AM
O.k. all, I've done some homework and here are some "advanced strategies" for planning ahead for BF. I intend to implement several of them.
Globally spoken, if we want to max out on some animals, we need to make sure that we can house them too! Last year some of the best animals, like the Treasure Toucan, seem to only have been on discount for a very short time, on Black Friday itself. The time they were available was (if I reconstructed it correctly from last year's thread) only some 13 hours! That doesn't allow more than one animal to be bought without speeding!

The following will be MY global strategy:

-My main interest in animals is in Treasure and Gem animals, particularly the Crystal Unicorn (up to 2 of them). This requires special preparations, see below.
-Last year the sale seems to have started early, maybe this was done for those that are in timezones where BF starts already before it starts anywhere in the USA. I'm keeping in mind that it MAY start as early as the normal update time (i.e. 20:30 CET) on Thursday evening. This is not guaranteed of course, but it's something I keep in mind. From there, I'll back-track.
-I want to try to have an empty nest around that time, or if a particularly good sale starts then, speed-clear the nest then. I also want to have the evolution flower empty then and I want to not have any long growings going on on the farms.
-IF we get good sales of Treasure animals, I may max out on them. They would really have to be dirt cheap then! Housing Treasure animals requires a 730,000 coins Treasure Trove, with a 3x3 footprint for EACH animal. It has a construction time of 24 hours. By pre-constructing several Treasure Troves, I can prevent wasting valuable gems on speeding them if I want to free the nest for speed hatching several bought animals.
What I'll do is to timely sell 3 of my Grand Farms, which frees up 3 4x4 plots, giving me enough space to pre-construct 3 Treasure Troves and one normal Gem Grove. This will undoubtedly be an over**** and I may end up selling all of these habitats in the days after BF, but the coins are not an issue as I'm sitting on 41 million of them with not much to spend them on, other than Charm Cherries and Nexus Nuts. This way, I can instantly house up to 3 Treasure animals and up to 4 gem animals (4 as I still have two open spots in my existing Grand Gem Grove). By pre-constructing them, I'll only temporarily set back my food production and lose some coins that I can't really spend on anything else. It prevents me from having to speed construct habitats, IF we get sales that are good enough to speed hatch some animals in order to timely buy more of them. Just in case, I think I'll start this pre-construction tonight around 20:30 CET.
-The other farms and the evolution flower will probably be left to sit idle, or only be occupied with something that completes in little time. That will allow me to instantly sell them for stocking up on other habitats, IF habitats become dirt cheap and IF for some reason I can't easily juggle everything around in order to house whatever may be (speed) hatched on BF itself.
-Apart from the Treasure and Gem animals I take a very, VERY particular interest in 1 Skeletal Dragon and 2 Nightmares. If these become available at a VERY good price, I'll need to house them. Luckily they both have 'fire' as one of their elements, so if push comes to shove, I can buy 1 or 2 normal Fire Fields that only take 10 seconds to construct and temporarily house them there.
-All the rest will be too variable to even start thinking about now. IF we get dirt cheap habitats I'll see to it that some of my habitats get upgraded, if that doesn't conflict too much with gem spending on must-have animals. I'll have to cross that bridge when the moment arrives that we know what (if anything) will be done in terms of habitat sales.
-As for stocking up on gems: I've done some homework and figured out a way to be able to buy from the Dutch iTunes store (i.e. my default option) and from the US one. I've already tracked down iTunes cards that are available over here at 20% discounts. If far better discounts are given in the USA, I may opt for those. See the separate thread for that. The iTunes credit will be bought AFTER I know what TL releases in FFS, as I want to first know what maximum amount of real money I'm prepared to spend on it. Fortunately, the 20% discount deals I found last up to December 6th, so they will last all the way through Cyber Monday (and then some..), so I can be conservative on BF and hold out for better 'weekend-after and CM deals', if any. Do note that last year the 40% gem sale was ONLY for a very limited time (13 hours, IIRC) on BF itself! Therefore, stocking up on GEMS would probably best be done on BF itself! With the 'weekend-after and CM deals' I refer to gem-bought stuff and/or value packs.

There! That will be my strategy for the situation that good stuff becomes available dirt cheap.
The Achilles heel in the plan will be to properly anticipate HOW many gems to buy if there is only a short time good gem sale. I'll have to see that when the content becomes available...

Now.... if the sales aren't all that great, the entire plan as laid out above (with exception of the pre-construction of habitats and a small gem acquisition) will get a huge strike through. I *really* hope TL steps up this year and gives us some REAL Black Friday deals (think in terms of 80%-90% off sales on GOOD stuff). If so, a shopping spree is imminent. If not, it'll just be a ho-hum moment and little shall be spent...

TL has the right hand of cards here, let's see if they play their hand wisely, or if they'll overplay it causing me to fold and pass....

Sandybellee
11-25-15, 12:51 PM
Just got pop up announcing that all expired habitats will be on sale Nov 27 - Dec 1. I hope also non-expired habitats have a sale.

31aug2002
11-25-15, 12:52 PM

Just got this flash screen!!

NannaSherry
11-25-15, 01:24 PM
You know what Id ylike to see and somebody mentioned above, buying things with coins. I have 243 MILLION. How about letting us buy gems or habitats or animals with coins. Even at ridiculously high prices, give an option of something we can do with these coins. Heck even let us buy bombs to mine with. It takes forever to get 70 runes. I have 10-12 animals in storage because I can't fit them anywhere without expansion. And I've had to sell others to make room for newer better animals. Not good.

ogreve
11-25-15, 01:59 PM
I like the announcement on that splash screen!
It's great that not only will we get sales of habitats that are expired, but also that the sale of them lasts for 4 days. That gives much better planning options.
Just an hour ago I initiated my master plan as laid out above: 3 Grand Farms were sold and the construction was started of 3 Treasure Troves and 1 Gem Grove. I may not need a single one of them, but at least if I do, I'll have them ready for welcoming some animals into them.
The other 3 Grand Farms and the evolution flower will stay put until I have to sacrifice that. A moment that may or may not come.

Now... I did have a new insight that led me to stray from the above in one respect: in the thread about the 10 limited animals I already concluded that I wouldn't make an attempt to breed out a Magnetic Mouse (too long fails and no shots at any of the other limited animals). I initially planned on not buying one before knowing what this Friday brings, which would in a way be a smart approach. But.... there is a good chance that on BF and/or the days after the nest time will be needed direly and any and all time that can be taken away from the nest time is WELL welcome. So, I decided to turn something around: I got a 13 hour timer in the den after speeding the last 8 hours of Freezel Hatching away. A Turtisle egg went to the nest and I sped that away and already bought a Magnetic Mouse. It will hatch only about an hour after the 13 hour breeding ends. I'll sit those out, so the total cost of these actions comes down to 8 + 6 + 150 = 164 gems. Having spent the 14 gems for the first two speeding actions allowed me to make the additional breeding that resulted in that 13 hour timer, which can be a Sapybara (best scenario), a Zombee (also new for me) or a 3rd Sea Horse (not new). And... now I've got the Magnetic Mouse taken care off already.
I'm still hoping that the Nightmare and Skeletal Dragon also become available at a good sale price, but with no less than 10 non-ultra animals already being on sale during that period, chances are that no further non-ultras will be made available. We'll see. At least I am now spreading the logistics a bit by at leisure having taken care of the Magnetic Mouse already...

Sandybellee
11-25-15, 02:14 PM
I'm hoping we get a better sale percentage than on DS. There was a similar announcement there that said outright that expired habitats will be 50% off. That would mean 200 gems for the special expired FFS habitats.

calvinxx
11-25-15, 02:27 PM
I wonder if this even means expired habitats from world events like the Palatial Garden and the Arctic Abode because I would like both of those

ogreve
11-25-15, 02:54 PM
I'm hoping we get a better sale percentage than on DS. There was a similar announcement there that said outright that expired habitats will be 50% off. That would mean 200 gems for the special expired FFS habitats.

That's what I'm a bit afraid of too. At such prices I'll not be buying much. Even in the past summer we got some MUCH better deals (like the 75 gem Grand Habitats). I'm really hoping for habitat discounts in the range of 75-90%. What NannaSherry wrote about being able to buy such habitats with coins would also be great...
Come on TL, please make sure to let the discounts be really worth our while: please give MUCH better discounts than 50% discounts....:P

Silverrain1
11-25-15, 04:11 PM
I particularly like the unicornocorpia and mamaroo . I missed out on the mamaroo in the previous sale . Also won't mind the pumpkin panda ( didn't get it in the wheel )
Hope we can breed them too .
Please can someone confirm this.

I managed to breed a sappybara so all good!

sweetypies97
11-25-15, 06:01 PM
I hope we are able to keep the habitats we buy in storage otherwise I won't be able to buy any!

sweetypies97
11-25-15, 06:02 PM
You know what Id ylike to see and somebody mentioned above, buying things with coins. I have 243 MILLION. How about letting us buy gems or habitats or animals with coins. Even at ridiculously high prices, give an option of something we can do with these coins. Heck even let us buy bombs to mine with. It takes forever to get 70 runes. I have 10-12 animals in storage because I can't fit them anywhere without expansion. And I've had to sell others to make room for newer better animals. Not good.

Yes!! Great idea!!!

31aug2002
11-25-15, 08:32 PM
I am with Olafo in his master plan for the great BF sale!! ( Hope it's grt) . I am currently still working to get my rock candy rhino and should be able to do so by tomorrow morning .
My concentration would also be on the treasure and gem any also in particular and as I do not have enough space to Putin new ones , I too may sacrifice my grand farms for them . Well for a short period only. I currently have 50k in food and lots of ultras to bring to epic form, so that will be a little stretch for me.
I do hope to expand soon , so I will get some space there.
Now my only dilemma is , how many gems would it be enough to buy all these ? Also there is currently a 30% off sale on gems for me ... Should I take advantage of that and top up or should I wait for GEM sale on BF .

31aug2002
11-25-15, 08:36 PM
When will the BF sale start? Will it start on When date changes for us at midnight , then I think it will start at 1am tonight as it will be Friday 27th then
Or will it start on Friday with the normal update time? Then it will be tomorrow 1am and that will be Saturday 1am for me.

flowless
11-25-15, 09:53 PM
That's what I'm a bit afraid of too. At such prices I'll not be buying much. Even in the past summer we got some MUCH better deals (like the 75 gem Grand Habitats). I'm really hoping for habitat discounts in the range of 75-90%. What NanaSherry wrote about being able to buy such habitats with coins would also be great...
Come on TL, please make sure to let the discounts be really worth our while: please give MUCH better discounts than 50% discounts....:P

I will be very disappointed if its 50% doscount only
BF supposed to be this grt sale day like no ither days
We had the 50% when they initially introduced the expired habuits
Last year grand habuits sale from 500 to 150 And i bought 9 habuits
Am hoping to see 60 gems or 75 gems per expired habit

ogreve
11-26-15, 02:28 AM
I will be very disappointed if its 50% doscount only
BF supposed to be this grt sale day like no ither days
We had the 50% when they initially introduced the expired habuits
Last year grand habuits sale from 500 to 150 And i bought 9 habuits
Am hoping to see 60 gems or 75 gems per expired habit

I agree 100% if not 10000000%. BF sales IMO should not simply be re-runs of normal 50% sale amounts; they should be outrageously cheap over-the-top sales that best any and all sales they have had all year long. Now, back in the summer the dual element habitats were available for 100 gems and the Grand single element ones for 75 gems. So I fully agree that in order to top that, prices in the range of 50-75 gems per premium habitat would be fitting. Such prices will see me making major upgrades to my forest; a thing I'd really like to do, but if the gem prices are going to be in the 100-200 range, I may not even buy a single one. It depends.
MUCH also depends on what they do with a gem sale. I think that particularly in that respect they can do FAR better than the normal 30% sale and also than last year's 40% BF sale. Again, discounts in the 75-90% range on gems would be so, so welcome. Other S8 games do seem to have such discounts all year long on their respective premium currencies, so why not in FFS, even if only on BF and Christmas?

To TL: there's still some time to make sure to fulfill our requests for GOOD sales.... The current set of 10 limited animals is a good start. Please, please give us some even better sales on gems, premium (and dual/triple element) habitats, Treasure animals, the Crystal Unicorn, the Nightmare and the Skeletal Dragon. :P
It's a long wish-list, I know, but I'm sure MANY people are looking out to stock up on those ones (I know I certainly am), so this would result in very good revenue.... :P

sweetdeda
11-26-15, 06:32 AM
I am pretty sure the pop up said expired habitats, clicked it close before reading it. Does anyone have a list of expired habitats? The only ones I can think of are swan lake and the Halloween one from last year, there has to be more. What other ones would it be?

ogreve
11-26-15, 06:59 AM
I am pretty sure the pop up said expired habitats, clicked it close before reading it. Does anyone have a list of expired habitats? The only ones I can think of are swan lake and the Halloween one from last year, there has to be more. What other ones would it be?

Yes, the splash screen did indeed say "expired" habitats, but I'm hoping the other premium habitats go on sale too.... Not guaranteed of course. :P

As for your question, yes, fortunately "that other site whose name shall not be mentioned" always has excellent information for questions like these. On it, I see the following "limited" habitats:

Base elements:
-Easter Estuary (nature-earth)
-Wicked Woods (nature-earth-fire)
-Arctic Abode (fire-nature)
-Haunted Hollow (earth-fire)
-Palatial Garden (earth-fire)
-Swan Lake (dark-water-nature)
-Secret Sanctuary (fire-nature-water)
-Candy Canyon (electric-water-fire)

Special element habitats:
-Holiday Hamlet (christmas)
-Eire Shire (shamrock)
-Flower Field (spring)
-Tasty Tundra (icecream)
-Monument Valley (egypt)
-Autumn Atrium (autumn)

It shall be interesting to see what they do with the Candy Canyon; it will not have been expired at the START of the BF sales (unless the sales do not start until the normal update time), but it WILL expire DURING the sale period... :P
It shall also be interesting to see if the special element habitats are made available again. There seems to be little point in doing that, but who knows...

Looking at the above list in all honesty I must say that there are quite a few good ones to choose from. If they're REALLY cheap I'll more than likely pick up a few of them. I hope the Candy Canyon one will also go on further discount. It is nice and colourful.
And... I hope the permanent 1-element, 2-element and 3-element premium habitats go on sale too. I'd be on the look-out for a second Grand Gem Grove, even though at present I only have two gem animals.

A final thing I wonder about is if someday we'll get Treasure habitats that can hold more than one animal. I'm not counting on that happening tomorrow, but that could be really handy.

sweetdeda
11-26-15, 07:30 AM
Thank you Ogreve, I too am hoping candy canyon is somehow incorporated in the BF sale, as I've held off purchasing it but do indeed want it. I definitely would like to purchase several of the expired habitats but only if they are more than 50% off. Although some of the above mentioned are ones I do not recall and may be before I started playing and might consider them at 50%. It will be interesting to see exactly how this plays out tomorrow, I have been planning and have been saving gems for awhile and have 5 open expansions so I have the space to do some major rearranging. I am also thinking that this will be a good time to let go of some of the duplicates I don't really plan to keep forever and no longer really need for coin production.
I know this is probably not even a consideration for TL but I would love to see some of the special habitats be available through coins, sitting on over 300 million I would definitely like the opportunity to be able to actually spend some.
As for animals going on sale, not really an interest for me, I still have guilty for purchasing prize pony and not earning her, but am pleased we can breed for some missed ones.

Scribbles138
11-26-15, 11:05 PM
Interesting. I had a gem sale a couple of days ago, the usual (30%?) off. I didn't get any because I've been hoping for a steeper discount for Black Friday. Well now I have this offer that doesn't expire for 37 hours which tells me this is as good as I'm going to get for tomorrow. And the kicker is, the discount is smaller, at 20% off most and 30% off larger packages. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive the usual offer is 30% off and I'm quite disappointed that doe the duration of tomorrow this is what I'm being offered.

jojopeanut
11-26-15, 11:12 PM
Same for me although any GEM sale is better than none at all for me sense this is my first for Fantasy.

ogreve
11-27-15, 12:02 AM
Aye, same gem sale over here, so that's definitely fixed for all accounts then....
It shall be disappointing if the gem sale on BF is "less good" (not to use the word "worse") than the normal ones. :confused:
If so, the only thing we can hope for then is that the sale costs ARE much better then normal then....
I wonder when the sales start. Nothing so far. I hope they start as soon as it's midnight (and hence the start of BF in the TL timezone) in California, which is in 1 hour time... I'm going to be right on top of it. I hope we get something really good. The gem sale is not all too promising though. :(

orleansparish
11-27-15, 01:37 AM
Interesting. I had a gem sale a couple of days ago, the usual (30%?) off. I didn't get any because I've been hoping for a steeper discount for Black Friday. Well now I have this offer that doesn't expire for 37 hours which tells me this is as good as I'm going to get for tomorrow. And the kicker is, the discount is smaller, at 20% off most and 30% off larger packages. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive the usual offer is 30% off and I'm quite disappointed that doe the duration of tomorrow this is what I'm being offered.

Are you in the States? My prices are slightly different. Here, the smaller packages are always about 20 percent off, but im not impressed because I always get sales and never bought gems. The larger ones were for 30 percent off.

I also had this on dragon. A timer showing 37 hours. I was puzzled and wondered why it would be, when the 40 percent sale should have started ar reset time. Now I know why. I dont need gems on dragon and though I play this game daily, its been too frustrating for me to want to spend money on.

ogreve
11-27-15, 01:46 AM
Well... Call me weird, but at times I just don't understand the "commercial choices" of some companies...
It's been Black Friday now for well over half an hour even in California (i.e. TL's timezone), meaning that in ALL of the USA (Hawaii excluded) it's already BF. All over the place, even up to some extent here in the Netherlands, BF sales have started and people are spending good money on buying things.
What does TL do?
Nothing.

Just a gem sale that's more expensive than their normal gem sales, hence not appealing to many people.
So, here we are, a bunch of die-hard fans (and possibly quite a few more players who are not on the forum), trigger happy to spend money on things, and we still don't have any real BF sale to spend it on in our favourite game. I had even accommodated my work schedule such that I would have time to go to a store (if necessary) to buy an iTunes card. Well, with no real sale available yet other than the 10 limited animals of which I already bought the only one that I intend to buy, I'll just let my forest fall back to normal service now, instead of using the empty nest for hatching bought Treasure and/or gem animals.

So, they could have made SO much of this by having given us a count down timer with Tuesday's update and then come BF in the TL timezone let it kick off with some cracking start like a REALLY good gem sale, some really good deals that would perhaps only be available for one hour, just so the lucky early birds would be rewarded, then perhaps alternating good sales with new items every 4 hours or so; good value pack, you name it.
A shopping spree would have been the result for them.

And what did they do so far?
Nothing. Well, close to nothing.
There's NO way I'm buying gems now. There's NO way I'm making that trip to a store to buy an iTunes card now.
Without having at least some form of idea about what to expect in terms of required gems/money, I shall sit on my hands and stay put.
I really hope they smarten up and decide NOT to wait until the regular update time, because if they do, half the world will be in the nighttime already. Their money that they had available for this and other games may long since have been spent then on competitor's games (and yes, sales HAVE started in at least the games of one of their biggest competitors), and as money can only be spent once, guess who pulls the shortest straw...

With me they're relatively lucky, as FFS is my number 1 game and is currently the only game I care to spend money on, but such will not be the case for many other people. I really hope they're not going to wait until the update time, as by then the stores will be closed and I will be more than likely to be uptied with other matters. All will stand or fall then with the availability of online iTunes card sales; a thing that may or may not work out well for me.

<sigh> time to get to work. I had so much hoped to start off this day on a real FFS-high, but now I fear I've only been setting myself up for a major disappointment the past month or so. :/

O.k., let's move that 9 hour egg to the nest, and just put in another -undoubtedly fail- 4-element breeding....

Who knows. Maybe tonight I'll buy a thing or two. Maybe. I think I'd better adjust my hopes downwards though. I guess the forest will stay Unicorn-less too...

mymummy789
11-27-15, 02:58 AM
So where is the habitat sale we were promised? The sales have appeared on my other games but not this one.

Sandybellee
11-27-15, 03:55 AM
So where is the habitat sale we were promised? The sales have appeared on my other games but not this one.

It probably starts at the regular Friday update time.

sweetdeda
11-27-15, 03:56 AM
Well I'm with everyone that has posted, where is the sale? They can't possibly think it's smart to wait until regular update time?? And the gem sale where more packages are at 20% than even the normal 30% sale. Not smart at all. I, like Ogreve was going to try to find a discounted iTunes card while I'm out and about this crazy Black Friday morning, but won't waste the time or money now. I guess if the habitats do go on sale later I will only be spending the gems I have saved. If the sale prices are even worth it. Someone dropped the ball on this one TL.

mymummy789
11-27-15, 04:49 AM
It probably starts at the regular Friday update time.

Well S8 have missed out on getting my money. Had better sales and offers on other games this year so my iTunes voucher is spent. It's a shame as I was hoping to get another spooky habitat of some description.

Scribbles138
11-27-15, 04:58 AM
Are you in the States? My prices are slightly different. Here, the smaller packages are always about 20 percent off, but im not impressed because I always get sales and never bought gems. The larger ones were for 30 percent off.

I also had this on dragon. A timer showing 37 hours. I was puzzled and wondered why it would be, when the 40 percent sale should have started ar reset time. Now I know why. I dont need gems on dragon and though I play this game daily, its been too frustrating for me to want to spend money on.

I'm in Canada, and I usually get a 30% off everything at once. I expect my prices to be higher than those in the US, but I didn't expect to see a LOWER sale price today. I'm glad it's all of us and not just me, it always seems we get our gem sale offers at different times. I also hoped we would get some offers at midnight TL time, but I had a feeling nothing would come through until regular update time this afternoon.

Hawksmoor
11-27-15, 08:26 AM
This was posted on FFS's Facebook page around midnight EST. Looks like it's as good as we're gonna get as far as gems are concerned.

calvinxx
11-27-15, 08:39 AM
I've had gem sales very regularly since I stared playing FFS about a year ago. The smaller packages have ALWAYS been 20% and the higher ones 30%. I'm in Canada and don't know if that makes a difference but this is just a normal gem sale. Not a worse one. And it's finally universal like everyone had been asking yet everyone is complaining.

Also clearly their sales will happen at the update time. I don't know why that is such a problem as it's an electronic game that everyone has on their phone. You don't need to line up and hope you get a product before it runs out because it's your own personal game and nothing will run out of stock. The update time here is at 2:30 in the afternoon and I think that's a very reasonable time to start the sales. Everyone just needs to calm down and wait a few more hours before complaining

sweetdeda
11-27-15, 08:43 AM
This was posted on FFS's Facebook page around midnight EST. Looks like it's as good as we're gonna get as far as gems are concerned.

That's pretty sad that TL can't give us a better than normal sale but in fact see fit to give us a worse than normal sale (since only the 2 larger packages are 30%). They definitely will not be getting any money from me. I hope more people feel the same way and TL sees what a mistake they made. They could have at least offered the 40% that was available last Black Friday!

sweetdeda
11-27-15, 08:47 AM
I've had gem sales very regularly since I stared playing FFS about a year ago. The smaller packages have ALWAYS been 20% and the higher ones 30%. I'm in Canada and don't know if that makes a difference but this is just a normal gem sale. Not a worse one. And it's finally universal like everyone had been asking yet everyone is complaining.

Also clearly their sales will happen at the update time. I don't know why that is such a problem as it's an electronic game that everyone has on their phone. You don't need to line up and hope you get a product before it runs out because it's your own personal game and nothing will run out of stock. The update time here is at 2:30 in the afternoon and I think that's a very reasonable time to start the sales. Everyone just needs to calm down and wait a few more hours before complaining
When I get a 30% off sale the smallest package is the only package that is at 20%, this sale only has 2 of the packages at 30%, so for me, yes this is a worse than normal sale.

Hawksmoor
11-27-15, 08:50 AM
That's pretty sad that TL can't give us a better than normal sale but in fact see fit to give us a worse than normal sale (since only the 2 larger packages are 30%). They definitely will not be getting any money from me. I hope more people feel the same way and TL sees what a mistake they made. They could have at least offered the 40% that was available last Black Friday!

When I get a 30% off sale the smallest package is the only package that is at 20%, this sale only has 2 of the packages at 30%, so for me, yes this is a worse than normal sale.

Lol, I hear you! You're preaching to the choir ;-)

ogreve
11-27-15, 10:40 AM
Same here. When I get gem sales the 250 and 530 gem packs are always 30% off. Today they are 20% off. That doesn't seem very logical... :S

31aug2002
11-27-15, 11:25 AM
What a disappointment, this gem sale. My normal gem sale always offers 30% except on the lowest denomination. But this one has most packages on 20% .
And yes where is that BF sale ???
Or is it just us players getting excited about something??

saucysammis
11-27-15, 11:25 AM
Yes, the splash screen did indeed say "expired" habitats, but I'm hoping the other premium habitats go on sale too.... Not guaranteed of course. :P

As for your question, yes, fortunately "that other site whose name shall not be mentioned" always has excellent information for questions like these. On it, I see the following "limited" habitats:

Base elements:
-Easter Estuary (nature-earth)
-Wicked Woods (nature-earth-fire)
-Arctic Abode (fire-nature)
-Haunted Hollow (earth-fire)
-Palatial Garden (earth-fire)
-Swan Lake (dark-water-nature)
-Secret Sanctuary (fire-nature-water)
-Candy Canyon (electric-water-fire)

-Holiday Hamlet (christmas)
-Eire Shire (shamrock)
-Flower Field (spring)
-Tasty Tundra (icecream)
-Monument Valley (egypt)
-Autumn Atrium (autumn)

It shall be interesting to see what they do with the Candy Canyon; it will not have been expired at the START of the BF sales (unless the sales do not start until the normal update time), but it WILL expire DURING the sale period... :P
It shall also be interesting to see if the special element habitats are made available again. There seems to be little point in doing that, but who knows...

Looking at the above list in all honesty I must say that there are quite a few good ones to choose from. If they're REALLY cheap I'll more than likely pick up a few of them. I hope the Candy Canyon one will also go on further discount. It is nice and colourful.
And... I hope the permanent 1-element, 2-element and 3-element premium habitats go on sale too. I'd be on the look-out for a second Grand Gem Grove, even though at present I only have two gem animals.

A final thing I wonder about is if someday we'll get Treasure habitats that can hold more than one animal. I'm not counting on that happening tomorrow, but that could be really handy.

Thanks for researching the list! I have all of the released habitats except for the holiday hamlet which was released for 500 gems. I don't think it sold well then, I know I wasn't prepared to buy one and had to content myself with the Arctic abode once they released it. Of course now I've saved for it .....if I can't have each animal at least I could have each habitat..... After losing out on that holiday hamlet I went wild and bought 3 Easter estuary so because they look relatively like a hatchery and at the time l felt I needed 4 animal habitats to plan ahead for space considerations. A lot of the time, for arranging purposes, and because so many habitats have been released, I wish I only had 2 of them, and haven't bought more than 2 of any habitat since.

I'll add my tally and wish fors to the list:

Base elements:
-Easter Estuary (nature-earth) I have 3. Wish I only had 2. I bought them because they were an affordable version of the grand nature habitat.
-Wicked Woods (nature-earth-fire) Have 2. I think that's enough.
-Arctic Abode (fire-nature) Have 1. I'd like 1 or 2 more but that might be over**** with possible new winter habitats around the corner....
-Haunted Hollow (earth-fire)Have 1 that I won with the event. It doesn't hold as many coins or elements as the wicked woods
-Palatial Garden (earth-fire) Have 1, seriously considering having 1 more.
-Swan Lake (dark-water-nature) Have 1. Having 2 might diminish its mystery and elegance.....
-Secret Sanctuary (fire-nature-water) I bought 3 of these and I'm happy with that.
-Candy Canyon (electric-water-fire) Have 2. That is enough for me. I didn't want to chance that they didn't stay on sale for BF.

-Holiday Hamlet (christmas) The one I don't have. Which makes me want it! It was a 500 gem offering when it came out which was ridiculous.
-Eire Shire (shamrock) Have 1 no need for another since I have no more creatures to fill it with.
-Flower Field (spring) ditto
-Tasty Tundra (icecream) ditto ditto
-Monument Valley (egypt) ditto ditto ditto
-Autumn Atrium (autumn) ditto ditto ditto ditto!

Right now I have moved the one animal that occupied my harmonic habitat into an earth habitat, my Evo flower is empty, and my land of the dead has been dead since arrival. I can remove all of these things temporarily to make room for new habitats. Too bad I have to work when the update begins!

Silverrain1
11-27-15, 11:35 AM
Thanks for researching the list! I have all of the released habitats except for the holiday hamlet which was released for 500 gems. I don't think it sold well then, I know I wasn't prepared to buy one and had to content myself with the Arctic abode once they released it. Of course now I've saved for it .....if I can't have each animal at least I could have each habitat..... After losing out on that holiday hamlet I went wild and bought 3 Easter estuary so because they look relatively like a hatchery and at the time l felt I needed 4 animal habitats to plan ahead for space considerations. A lot of the time, for arranging purposes, and because so many habitats have been released, I wish I only had 2 of them, and haven't bought more than 2 of any habitat since.

I'll add my tally and wish fors to the list:

Base elements:
-Easter Estuary (nature-earth) I have 3. Wish I only had 2. I bought them because they were an affordable version of the grand nature habitat.
-Wicked Woods (nature-earth-fire) Have 2. I think that's enough.
-Arctic Abode (fire-nature) Have 1. I'd like 1 or 2 more but that might be over**** with possible new winter habitats around the corner....
-Haunted Hollow (earth-fire)Have 1 that I won with the event. It doesn't hold as many coins or elements as the wicked woods
-Palatial Garden (earth-fire) Have 1, seriously considering having 1 more.
-Swan Lake (dark-water-nature) Have 1. Having 2 might diminish its mystery and elegance.....
-Secret Sanctuary (fire-nature-water) I bought 3 of these and I'm happy with that.
-Candy Canyon (electric-water-fire) Have 2. That is enough for me. I didn't want to chance that they didn't stay on sale for BF.

-Holiday Hamlet (christmas) The one I don't have. Which makes me want it! It was a 500 gem offering when it came out which was ridiculous.
-Eire Shire (shamrock) Have 1 no need for another since I have no more creatures to fill it with.
-Flower Field (spring) ditto
-Tasty Tundra (icecream) ditto ditto
-Monument Valley (egypt) ditto ditto ditto
-Autumn Atrium (autumn) ditto ditto ditto ditto!

Right now I have moved the one animal that occupied my harmonic habitat into an earth habitat, my Evo flower is empty, and my land of the dead has been dead since arrival. I can remove all of these things temporarily to make room for new habitats. Too bad I have to work when the update begins!

Regarding the holiday hamlet, I'm sure that can only hold last years Christmas animals which we can't get just now, so that might not be the best one to get! Not sure if u knew that already but don't want u to spend gems on something u dnt need!

55lee55
11-27-15, 11:47 AM
I was hoping to get a habitat sale but none show up for me. What happened with that? Is it showing up for some and not for others? I have the latest update and still no big habitat sale in my forest.

I don't need any of the animals on sale so guess I don't have to bother with the less than usual gem sale.

Glad some are getting their wishes for Black Friday!

ninasidstorm8
11-27-15, 11:58 AM
I was hoping to get a habitat sale but none show up for me. What happened with that? Is it showing up for some and not for others? I have the latest update and still no big habitat sale in my forest.

I don't need any of the animals on sale so guess I don't have to bother with the less than usual gem sale.

Glad some are getting their wishes for Black Friday!

I anticipate that the habitat sale will begin at the normal Friday update time which is in 1/2 hour. I hope it has something you want.

Scribbles138
11-27-15, 12:31 PM
So my pop-ups are a Crystal Unicorn value pack, that includes 25,000 food and the gem grove. 75% off it says. All the expired habitats are 200 gems.

Scribbles138
11-27-15, 12:32 PM
Candy Canyon
Wicked Woods
Secret Sanctuary
Swan Lake
Easter Estuary
Palatial Garden
Arctic Abode
Haunted Hollow

Everything else is still the same price, and my gem sale is still 20% the bowl of gems and chest of gems (the only two that I ever buy and normally get 30% off on).

FigmentValley
11-27-15, 12:34 PM
Yeah - right $19.99 is a Great Black Friday sale pack. NOT.

Do not care, anymore.

sweetdeda
11-27-15, 12:35 PM
Not impressed by the habitat "sale" TL really had the opportunity to make a lot of revenue and they blew it big time. I know some will probably jump on the unicorn, but at $20 that's not really that good of deal, imo.

Scribbles138
11-27-15, 12:35 PM
The Crystal Unicorn value pack is the same price as all the other value packs for me too, there's not any extra discount really.

31aug2002
11-27-15, 12:37 PM
Me thinks that TL kinda lost their plot on FFS . If this is there BIG BLACK FRIDAY SALE then I think it's safe to say at I will happily keep my money in my pocket.
Unless something better comes on I am not going to be spending my hard earned money on this!!!!

What an anti climax!!!!!

Sandybellee
11-27-15, 12:41 PM
Wow! This is a huge disappointment! I thought Black Friday sales were supposed to be special.

Silverrain1
11-27-15, 12:51 PM
I must admit I bought 3 of the 3 element habitats that hold 4 animals. I'm no where near the habitat limit yet but I like the ones that hold 4 as it means I can hold more animals before reaching the limit. I probably would have bought more if they were cheaper, I had 1 space empty anyway and was prepared to sell the 6 farms and evolution flower if need be.

Scribbles138
11-27-15, 12:52 PM
Do you guys think this is it? Or did they have specials through the weekend last year and into Cyber Monday? I keep checking back hoping that something different is going to pop up, but nope.

Scribbles138
11-27-15, 12:53 PM
I must admit I bought 3 of the 3 element habitats that hold 4 animals. I'm no where near the habitat limit yet but I like the ones that hold 4 as it means I can hold more animals before reaching the limit. I probably would have bought more if they were cheaper, I had 1 space empty anyway and was prepared to sell the 6 farms and evolution flower if need be.

You only had one space open? Did the other two habitats go into storage?

The only habitat that is on sale that I don't have is the Haunted Hollow and I'm not a huge fan of it anyways so as much as I love the multi-element habitats, I'll likely pass.

Sandybellee
11-27-15, 12:57 PM
Do you guys think this is it? Or did they have specials through the weekend last year and into Cyber Monday? I keep checking back hoping that something different is going to pop up, but nope.

I'm really hoping there's something more to come! I mean, this is supposed to be the biggest sale of the year and we even had much better sales last summer.

Silverrain1
11-27-15, 01:01 PM
You only had one space open? Did the other two habitats go into storage?

The only habitat that is on sale that I don't have is the Haunted Hollow and I'm not a huge fan of it anyways so as much as I love the multi-element habitats, I'll likely pass.

Sorry, what I meant was I had one available space already then I sold some farms to get the space for the new ones. I didn't want to sell before oil saw what was there.

flowless
11-27-15, 01:02 PM
What a let down
This is like any other sale we had before
Didnt even give sale on other habits
Last year was something special
And i was waiting for this day 6 months ago
My money stays in my pocket
Gonna buy me shoes or something

calvinxx
11-27-15, 01:02 PM
Wow I at least thought they would put the grand habitats on sale as well. I would have upgraded all my smaller ones to grand if they were 75 gems like in the summer. I bought the Palatial Garden and Arctic Abode because they were the only two I didn't have

Silverrain1
11-27-15, 01:04 PM
What a let down
This is like any other sale we had before
Didnt even give sale on other habits
Last year was something special
And i was waiting for this day 6 months ago
My money stays in my pocket
Gonna buy me shoes or something

Lol, I like how it can hold 3 elements and 4 animals, gives more freedom for animal placements etc. Also hopefully means I won't reach the habitat limit as soon as I would with 3 space habitats

ninasidstorm8
11-27-15, 01:06 PM
The one real disappointment I have is with the Easter Estuary habitat. I believe it was originally introduced for a limited time for 200 Gems. Can S8 explain how charging the same amount now makes it a sale?

I am still hoping for some limited time Value Packs that would expire by the next update since there are now two icon spots open. The Crystal Unicorn is the only gem animal I currently have. If I didn't, I would be sorely tempted to buy the value pack but $19.99 U.S. is a little too much to buy a second one with nothing else useful to me in the value pack. I am still hoping for a Treasure animal. Maybe Cyber Monday will have better offerings.

At least S8 has answered last year's complaints about the timing of the sales with pre announcements and expiration timers.

jojopeanut
11-27-15, 01:08 PM
For newbie I'm enjoying this just need to decide which ones I'll probably buy 2. As others said It's very nice mix elements in 1 habitat.

Scribbles138
11-27-15, 01:11 PM
The one real disappointment I have is with the Easter Estuary habitat. I believe it was originally introduced for a limited time for 200 Gems. Can S8 explain how charging the same amount now makes it a sale?

I am still hoping for some limited time Value Packs that would expire by the next update since there are now two icon spots open. The Crystal Unicorn is the only gem animal I currently have. If I didn't, I would be sorely tempted to buy the value pack but $19.99 U.S. is a little too much to buy a second one with nothing else useful to me in the value pack. I am still hoping for a Treasure animal. Maybe Cyber Monday will have better offerings.

At least S8 has answered last year's complaints about the timing of the sales with pre announcements and expiration timers.

Of all the special habitats I've got, I've never paid more than 200 gems...I think they're always introduced to us at 50% off, so this really isn't a sale at all.

I'm debating the Crystal Unicorn value pack. Although I'm disappointed that the price is the same as every other value pack, I am tempted.

Hawksmoor
11-27-15, 01:14 PM
Feeling a little underwhelmed. There may be more to come as the weekend goes on, and perhaps some sort of communication from S8 maybe in the form of more teasers or something like that would be useful. Until then, we will all be left wondering and it appears as if a lot have been left disappointed. But I hope some will get something useful out of this sale.

sweetdeda
11-27-15, 01:16 PM
Of all the special habitats I've got, I've never paid more than 200 gems...I think they're always introduced to us at 50% off, so this really isn't a sale at .

Exactly, they are not on sale, just rereleased.

55lee55
11-27-15, 01:17 PM
Wow! This is a huge disappointment! I thought Black Friday sales were supposed to be special.

Where is the big sale? All I see is a rerelease of some habitats for what they cost originally. I bought what I wanted then. I was expecting an actual sale and not just a chance to buy habitats for what I spent for them the first time around.

I agree that S8 had a chance to make this worthwhile and they blew it. I won't be buying into the "sale" hype again. Next time I won't even bother looking to see what is on "sale" as they have proven that they don't intend to actually offer anything for sale.

What a dissappointment. Had they sold them for half of what they are selling them I would have bought two. Had they reduced the price to 75 gems, I would have bought ten or more and replaced many of my single element habitats. Even at the expensive gem sale price, I was prepared to splurge for a quite a large investment at 75 gems/habitat had they offered the same habitats for this misnamed "Sale" at a real sale price. This isn't even a discount, much less an actual Biack Friday Sale

Passing on this and future sales. So glad I decided not to buy the expensive gems.

ninasidstorm8
11-27-15, 01:20 PM
Of all the special habitats I've got, I've never paid more than 200 gems...I think they're always introduced to us at 50% off, so this really isn't a sale at all.

I'm debating the Crystal Unicorn value pack. Although I'm disappointed that the price is the same as every other value pack, I am tempted.

I agree with you for the most part, however, if I remember correctly, when the limited Easter Estuary was introduced for 200 gems, it was not on sale and there were some complaints about that. I am pretty sure that I bought any habitat on sale for less than 200 gems and I don't have one. An unnamed external site also has the price for the Easter Estuary habitat listed at 200 Gems. So. I think that S8 should put it on sale for 100 Gems, since the advertisement says 50% off.

flowless
11-27-15, 01:25 PM
Exactly, they are not on sale, just rereleased.

Re released
But the easter one they claim it was on sale
But the orginal price was 200
So how it is 50% sale
Regarding the rest its the same discount

So angry with my slef
I let the hype of black friday get to me
And planing in my head how i would upgrade all the habuits
I was thinking it was gonna be 75 gem per hanit
And secretly hoping it would be for 60

Lesson learned

sweetdeda
11-27-15, 01:31 PM
Re released
But the easter one they claim it was on sale
But the orginal price was 200
So how it is 50% sale
Regarding the rest its the same discount

So angry with my slef
I let the hype of black friday get to me
And planing in my head how i would upgrade all the habuits
I was thinking it was gonna be 75 gem per hanit
And secretly hoping it would be for 60

Lesson learned
You are not the only one, I was thinking worse case they would be 100 gems, I would fill the 5 empty spots I have and rearrange my forest. So very disappointed. I have even held out purchasing the candy canyon, in hopes it would be part of the awesome sale we would get.

RocioBM
11-27-15, 01:48 PM
I was wanting the Holiday Hamlet in sale from last Christmas, but it isn't :(

kuppikahvia
11-27-15, 02:09 PM
Huge disappointment, enormous anti-climax. I don't think I'm going to buy any habitat actually - didn't buy them when they were out at 200 gems, why would I decide to buy them at that same price now?
I was definitely ready to spend 100 gems per habitat, but not twice as much.
Just a bad commercial move IMHO, at least so far.

ogreve
11-27-15, 03:05 PM
Not much new to add to what has already been said.
The short conclusion is that the content that TL released is (IMO) not bad at all; much of it is what I had hoped for, but... the prices are such that it's not much of a really interesting sale.

Well then, at times things like these make life a whole lot easier: the past 6 weeks or so I was looking so much forward to this day and pondered over and over on how to handle all the great stuff I'd buy. Where would the Treasure animals go? Where the two Unicorns? How would I manage it with the nest time? What great habitats would I buy? How many gems would I be stocking up on?
Well, the answer is now remarkably simple: my master plan just got a big strike through and is in the trash now.
This sale reminds me of a new "phenomenon" I noticed during my last visit to the USA back in April too: the USA has become really expensive for us nowadays. Up to a few years ago good deals could always be had and I loved buying all sorts of things over there, but in the last 1-2 years it's become really expensive. The nice items are still readily available, but the good deals are somehow just gone. A thing of the past. Everything goes for top Dollar now. I guess today's release lies in the same line: there's plenty of stuff of interest that was released, but pretty much all of it is too expensive. At least for my likings it is.

So, I just came up with an alternate strategy: scrap the plans for having a really big shopping spree and limit acquisitions to some minor things bought with the gems I saved up these past few weeks. Already I had bought the 150 gem Magnetic Mouse which I really like and I just bought a Mamaroo now. In all reality I have no realistic hope that any of the other things I really wanted will be made available over the weekend anyway, as a lot of items have already been made available. I also don't think TL will realise their mistake (or if they do, I don't think they'll lower the prices) so I figured I might as well at least get the two animals from this set that by far were the most elusive two for me and that I tried hardest for when they could be bred. I never did manage to breed the Mamaroo on the main account, despite putting in so many attempts. Back then my 7-year old daughter was my fervent sidekick in this game and she too was really hoping I'd manage to get the Mamaroo. I did get it on the (then) secondary account, which was present on the iPad that was stolen later. She has long since lost interest in FFS, yet I think it will make her day somewhat tomorrow when I show her that "we finally managed to get the Mamaroo" on my main account. :P

So, with that in mind, though the "sale" part of today's release has been beyond disappointing, not all is lost. At least I'll now not have to worry over what to buy with real money and what not. As mentioned several times before, at those prices I'm not buying any of the habitats.
I'll leave the 3 already constructed Treasure Troves and the 1 Gem Grove in their spots until after Monday and then they shall be sold too. Bummer that I didn't get to fill them these days with animals.
It's a bummer (for me personally) too that the Nightmare and the Skeletal Dragon are not available now, but again, it does make the decision making process a whole lot easier.

After having bought the Magnetic Mouse and now the Mamaroo I'm now down to 145 gems. Those will probably be used for my normal small scale speeding actions. The two animals that were bought were strategically chosen: I can now continue my 4-element attempts at breeding the other ones I like without having to include the fire-earth and dark-electric combinations with them. The only animal I can have no shot at (and would like to get) is the Thanksgibbon, but well, so be it.

Now... there's one final thing that I hadn't mentioned yet: the Crystal Unicorn value pack. The price is not so great, nor are the other items that come along in the pack, but as mentioned often before this is about the ONLY animal of which I'd consider buying a value pack. That still stands. If I don't manage to breed one this week I may end up buying one. Pricewise it would fit with the idea of buying a 25 Euros iTunes card with the 20% discount and it would then finally put an end to a long chain of fruitless 4-element attempts.

So, there it is: I've just figured out a plan B as an alternative to the planned shopping spree. In a way this is maybe better; this way I'll stay more true to my general philosophy of trying to breed everything out. A few special exceptions here and there are o.k. for me (bought so far: Quartz Quetzalcoatl, Prize Pony, Magnetic Mouse, Mamaroo). It'll be a b*tch to breed out the remaining Treasure animals, but well, so be it.

So, no champagne tonight; instead I just went to the fridge and grabbed myself a beer.

jojopeanut
11-27-15, 04:16 PM
Happy we don't have to wait for them construct when placed. So far I purchased 2 the enchanted and easter. Plan for one more for fire elment

RowanaFarrin
11-27-15, 05:01 PM
I'm a little disappointed that the gem sale isn't better. I was expected at least 30 or 40 percent off all the bundles (not just the larger ones). Might have considering getting a habitat or two in that case, but now I think I'll save my gems.

Might still consider buying a Magnetic Mouse with the gems I have save up though... I do really like it and it is cheaper than some of the other animals. We'll see if I get lucky breeding first!

ThynaSmith
11-27-15, 06:11 PM
Maybe they're saving something good for Cyber Monday. That being said, I'm not going to keep my hopes up.

saucysammis
11-27-15, 09:02 PM
Happy we don't have to wait for them construct when placed. So far I purchased 2 the enchanted and easter. Plan for one more for fire elment
I bought an arctic abode and a palatial garden and both of them got 16 hour timers to construct

saucysammis
11-27-15, 09:07 PM
Regarding the holiday hamlet, I'm sure that can only hold last years Christmas animals which we can't get just now, so that might not be the best one to get! Not sure if u knew that already but don't want u to spend gems on something u dnt need!

Thanks, I knew it... I do have some Christmas element animals from that event that I could place in it and I just thought it would be nice to have the full complement of habitats. No luck now though.

jojopeanut
11-27-15, 09:09 PM
I bought an arctic abode and a palatial garden and both of them got 16 hour timers to construct

Hmm. I got swan lake and easter eautry and no construction needed. Odd already have my animals placed. And my steel wolly mammoth loves swan lake.lol he goes out in the water. It's such a lovely display.

sweetypies97
11-27-15, 11:05 PM
I thought they advertised a sale? The habitats are the same price as last time. False advertising is not cool at all.

31aug2002
11-27-15, 11:27 PM
Yes , the last update has been a big disappointment. Was really expecting some good deals especially on treasure and gem animals. And really wanted a sale on grand habitats. Out of the 8 habitats on "Sale" , I already have 4 and I am in no mood to spend 200 gems on the others.
So as Olafo had diligently prepared for the big sale, I too had done the same. Bought 2 treasure coves. Now am wondering what to do with them
So here is what ism going to do.
Out of the 10 animals on sale I have bred the cold turkey. And want only the mamaroo and the unicornocopia.
So if I don't breed them till tomorrow , I think I will go ahead and buy them .
As for the treasure habitats , I think I will keep them for the time being and work only with 4 grand farms . But if a storybook event comes up or any event where I need to grow some quick food , then will sacrifice them.
As for the Crystal Unicorn value pack, well I was lucky last 2 weeks to be able to breed not one but 2 of them , so I will give it a pass.
Otherwise I would have been sorely tempted to buy it.
@ Olafo, I hope that you get your Crystal unicorn through breeding during this week.

ogreve
11-28-15, 01:23 AM
Well, hold this thought of mine:
So, no champagne tonight; instead I just went to the fridge and grabbed myself a beer.

It summarises pretty well the feeling I had last night: I'm not someone who takes too much pleasure out of shopping, but I had kinda hoped that yesterday's sales would feel somewhat like strolling on the Champs-Elysees with a gold credit card and once's hand full of bags from the fancy stores. Well it was not. The content that was re-released is pretty good (10 limited animals, a bunch of premium habitats, a Crystal Unicorn value pack) and is close to what I was hoping to see (I would have liked to see Treasure animal sales too and on a long shot I was hoping for the Nightmare and Skeletal Dragon). The main issue is: everything (with exception of the 10 limited animals) is about 2-3x as expensive as I was hoping for...

So. What to do?
Well, I had already made up my mind about the maximum amount I wanted to spend on it and decided it would be maximally either a (discounted) 25 Euros or 50 Euros gift card. The former can now be had for 20 Euros, the latter for 40 Euros.
After thinking about it for a few hours last night, and after buying the Mamaroo as a "consolation prize", I took a good look at the forest and started thinking about where I want to take it from here. I didn't like an earth habitat to be next to the Autumn one (which in turn is located next to the Egypt one). I *really* wanted the Candy Canyon next to it, but I was down to 145 gems and the habitat expires tomorrow. Space is becoming more and more of an issue for me. Housing the Mamaroo once hatched would require me to sell a duplicate that I don't really want to sell.

On another note, I've not been able to breed a Crystal Unicorn in the past 8-9 months or so, so chances are really slim that it will happen this week. The Crystal Unicorn sale is about as I "feared", whereas I had hoped it to cost around 10 Euros (and possibly have 50 runes in the value pack), it costs 20 Euros and has food + a habitat that are not really needed. It's available for the maximum amount I was prepared to pay for it.

Now, with the gem sale (though worse than the normal sales) expiring today too and me not having any idea when a further one may come around, I decided to bite the bullet: before regretting it I bought an online iTunes card code for a 50 Euros card (at 20% discount it cost me 40 Euros), then instantly bought a 250 gem pack (which this time cost me 1 Euro more than they cost when they are available at 30% off) and bought 1 of the Crystal Unicorn value packs. I then sold one of the 3 pre-constructed Treasure Troves and the pre-constructed Gem Grove, moved the earlier mentioned earth habitat (temporarily) on its spot and bought a Candy Canyon. I moved the Peppermint Platty into it, creating a vacancy for the Mamaroo elsewhere. Now when I have a moment, I can start hatching the other World Event animals too... Someday.

That's it for now. There's still 22 Euros of iTunes credit left, which shall not be spent now. I'm not really expecting further content to appear on sale now. Maybe on Monday something. I'll definitely not spend the money before seeing what Monday brings. At the end of the week I'll have to think very, very hard whether I want to buy a second Unicorn or not. The price is not so attractive perhaps but I doubt that we'll ever get a better deal on them.
Note that I could have bought the same things with a 25 Euros iTunes card, but then I'd have almost no gems left, which can seriously hamper "normal operations" in the forest.

So, this is the extent of what I've bought for the BF period:
-Magnetic Mouse: 150 gems (saved up previously)
-Mamaroo: 200 gems (saved up previously)
-250 gems (7.99 Euros, but effectively with a further 20% discount because of the iTunes sale price)
-Candy Canyon: 200 gems (paid with the bought gems)
-Crystal Unicorn value pack (19.99 Euros, but effectively with a further 20% discount because of the iTunes sale price)

It's less bang for the buck than I had hoped, but I think they were wise choices. I'm still disappointed that I couldn't buy Treasure animals and more habitats for the same amount of money, but well, so be it. I'm not prepared to throw more money at it, and instead I'm just walking away with fewer items than hoped for...

At least I now finally have a Crystal Unicorn, which opens up new breeding possibilities. Once it's hatched and big enough I can start using it for trying to breed specific gem hybrids in a better way than can be done with the QQ and ED...

Sandybellee
11-28-15, 04:02 AM
I haven't bought anything yet. I think I will buy Unicornucopia if I can't breed it soon. Maybe. I'm still waiting to see what else is offered during the weekend.

31aug2002
11-28-15, 07:27 AM
@Olafo
I know it was not the way you wanted it, but I am happy for you for finally acquiring the Crystal Unicorn.
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I hope you have great luck in breeding with it.
As for me. I will wait till tonight to see if I can breed either the thanks gibbon and the mamaroo . If not then just maybe I will buy them .

matiasabad94
11-28-15, 08:22 AM
Let's hope Cyber Monday offers better deals. I have almost 900 gems and didn't spend any of them during BF.

Silverrain1
11-28-15, 09:39 AM
Let's hope Cyber Monday offers better deals. I have almost 900 gems and didn't spend any of them during BF.

Wow, that's a great amount of gems! I thought I had done well with my 700!

saucysammis
11-28-15, 12:37 PM
All treasure animals will be on sale for 600 gems on Monday! Just saw the splash screen! Save those habitats!

Monday is a ways away.... Perhaps after the animal sales expire the fabulous gem sale of 40% off will appear on cyber Monday.......who knows. Last year I missed the sale completely so this year I bought a 30% off gem pack around Halloween just to save ahead in case I never saw another one.

I've enjoyed the Harvest Hedgehog, Pumpkin Panda, Unicornicopia, and Cold Turkey being in my forest for a year now, and recently hatched the Magnetic mouse.... I remember really really trying for the Mamaroo, the Chocolate Rabbit the Sapybarra, and Dripmonk.... Now, it's been so long since I've gotten over it and I'm trying to decide if I'm interested. New animals are just around the corner..... Rrrrrr what to do?

Also, I want more habitats but want to save my "floor plan" room for new editions...my upper frozen area has room for one more winter themed habitat and I had hoped it would be the expired holiday hamlet. Surely another winter themed habitat will appear soon.

Thanks team lava for giving us the heads up ahead of time on Gem animals to be offered on Monday.

Sandybellee
11-28-15, 12:38 PM
Yay! All Treasure animals will be on sale for 600 gems on cyber Monday!!! So glad I didn't buy anything yet!

Clark_Wayne
11-28-15, 12:53 PM
Yay! All Treasure animals will be on sale for 600 gems on cyber Monday!!! So glad I didn't buy anything yet!

they do that every year so i bought nothing ;) waiting THIS sale :D

Silverrain1
11-28-15, 01:22 PM
Eek, I never buy animals. A treasure one would be nice for the obvious reasons and I have none but not sure if I want to spend any gems incase I'm able to breed one. If I'm honest I haven really ever tried to breed one as I spent so long getting my unicorn. Decisions, decisions

catfoodie
11-28-15, 02:11 PM
I'm just wondering what's the point in buying gem animals for gems? I mean they reward gems (duh), but to break even it will take a lot of time. Are they just pretty?

ogreve
11-28-15, 02:30 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, now why couldn't they have made that announcement yesterday already.....
That would probably have changed my strategy a lot.
I'm not completely sure what best to do with it, and in such situations writing it all out tends to help me, and hopefully gives "food for thought" for others too.

Overall spoken my main interest in the BF sales were:
1-Crystal Unicorn (1 or 2).
2-Treasure animals.
3-Premium Habitats.
4-Nightmare and/or Skeletal Dragon.
5-Gems.

Last night I bought an iTunes 50 Euros card, paying only 40 Euros as it was on a 20% discount. Good deal. I spent part of it, being 19.99 Euros on a Crystal Unicorn value pack and 7.99 Euros on a 250 gems pack at 20% discount.

I don't think nr. 4 is going to happen, so that one's almost certainly off the list. As for number 3: the prices are too high to be buying many of them. Last night I only bought one of them (Candy Canyon). No more shall be bought this time around.

I now still have 22.02 Euros credit left in my account. I don't want to spend more cash on anything else than maximally those 22 Euros.

O.k., for those 22 Euros I shall focus on one of 3 things, or a combination of them:
1) A second Crystal Unicorn (cost: 19.99 Euros). Advantages: no more 4-element breeding needed and with two Unicorns I can try to breed all single element animals, including Treasure ones (Prize Pony excluded, unless it becomes permanent on Monday).
2) Gems. I now have NO sale of them. IF a really good sale of them goes live on Monday, that could be interesting.
3) Treasure animals. I currently only have some 200 gems left. Buying one would then require a minimal acquisition of a 530 gem pack, which is not cheap.

Now, there are some pros and cons to each of the above (although I think I already know what to do). The cons of all of them are that they require a pretty steep cash cost.
The specific pros, as I see them are:
-A second Crystal Unicorn sees me finally (!) ending 4-element breeding, better (?) chances at breeding single element animals, including the Trio 3rd animals and Treasure animals, freedom of using one Unicorn for combat whilst the other is in the den.
-A Treasure animal has as main advantage that it earns gems, but... it takes a long time for any of them to earn back their 600 gems investment. Also, when buying one that I don't have yet, I could stop breeding for that animal (saving tedious fails, but also taking away a bit of a challenge). Treasure animals are good for combat too, but as I already have two of them, that adds nothing to my forest.

So, if ALL of the Treasure animals will indeed cost 600 gems, I'll almost certainly pass on them. I currently have a Golden Retriever and a Prize Pony. My main interest would be in a second Prize Pony (as it is (was?) limited), a Money Badger (best earner and I don't have one) and a Treasure Toucan (don't have one and can't breed for one yet -- no Ocean Owl). If ALL of them will cost 600 gems, the Money Badger would be the best buy (best earner, highest normal store price). The Treasure Toucan would then only be discounted 200 gems.
Buying one doesn't do anything but adding an animal then. There's nothing else that it adds to the forest other than slow gem income.

Well then, the inevitable conclusion I'm winding down to is that IF all of the Treasure ones cost 600 gems (as announced) and IF there's not going to be a really good gem sale, buying a 2nd Unicorn is by far the smartest thing to do for me. It would see me end 4-element breeding once and for all. And... it would still leave the challenge of breeding for the Treasure animals.

So, that shall probably be it then. Had I known about this sale earlier I might not have bought the other gem bought things and I would perhaps have bought a Treasure animal, but well, it is as it is. I have no regrets of my earlier choices.

Now, should the Treasure Toucan turn out to be cheaper (like 400 gems) and/or should there be an excellent gem sale, I may decide otherwise, but if not, I'm quite sure it will be a second Crystal Unicorn around the end of the week (or maybe nothing at all)...

Drachenia
11-28-15, 02:39 PM
Elsa, Regina or Frozen Turtle it is possible that 2 go treasure Animals in a Habitat, I would like to have 2 prize ponies and am at the limit. Thank you for the answer :D

ogreve
11-28-15, 02:48 PM
Elsa, Regina or Frozen Turtle it is possible that 2 go treasure Animals in a Habitat, I would like to have 2 prize ponies and am at the limit. Thank you for the answer :D

To TL: in addition to the above great request, two questions:
1) Will the Prize Pony be breedable during Monday's sale?
2) Will the Prize Pony become a permanent animal, or will it stay limited forever?

It would be nice if someday the Prize Pony becomes a permanent animal. I have one, so no hurry for me, but it would be nice to be able to breed a second one someday.

Scribbles138
11-28-15, 03:46 PM
I'm also trying to decide what to do. I currently have two treasure habitats under construction depending on what I decide. I will likely buy the Crystal Unicorn value pack, and depending on the price of gems, one, maybe two treasure animals. 600 gems isn't that great for the Toucan, given that it's regularly 800 gems, so I'd be leaning towards the Retriever, but more likely the Badger given its the best discount. My gem sale is over now, so I'm hoping I get one on Monday, and that it's an amazing one! 40% off would be fantastic...I still don't get how they can offer 90% off in other games but never here. So I guess I can't make up my mind until Monday and see what sort of gem sale I get. Here's hoping I actually get one, but given that it'll be Cyber Monday, I imagine there will be.

Sandybellee
11-28-15, 03:59 PM
@ogreve: Congrats on your Unicorn!!! It definitely adds more value to your forest than another treasure animal since you already have two. :)

I'm trying to make decisions. I visited some neighbors to take another look at the limited animals and habitats (@calvinxx: you have an amazing collection of animals and habitats!).

I realized I actually don't like the Unicornucopia the most (I like Chocolate Rabbit more) and I actually really like Palatial Garden a whole lot!

I'm pretty sure I'll get a treasure animal. It would be a very nice surprise if they released a new one for cyber Monday!

So, there are a few options of what to buy:

A. A treasure animal and Palatial Garden. Cost: 800 gems

B. A treasure animal and Unicornucopia. Cost: 850 gems

C. A treasure animal and speeding max 100 gems for Chocolate Rabbit. Cost: 700 gems

I think option B is out because of the realization that Unicornucopia isn't on my must-have list.

Option A is very tempting although I think the habitat is overprized. I need more space for my animals and this habitat would look very good in my forest.

Option C is also tempting because speeding for the bunny can give me many good fails. There however is a big risk of simply wasting 100 gems. And the bunny will likely be available again next Easter in some way.

So, it may well be option A for me. Unless yet something better becomes available.

ogreve
11-28-15, 05:08 PM
@ogreve: Congrats on your Unicorn!!! It definitely adds more value to your forest than another treasure animal since you already have two. :)

A. A treasure animal and Palatial Garden. Cost: 800 gems
B. A treasure animal and Unicornucopia. Cost: 850 gems
C. A treasure animal and speeding max 100 gems for Chocolate Rabbit. Cost: 700 gems

I think option B is out because of the realization that Unicornucopia isn't on my must-have list.

Option C is also tempting because speeding for the bunny can give me many good fails. There however is a big risk of simply wasting 100 gems. And the bunny will likely be available again next Easter in some way.

Thanks for the congrats on the Crystal Unicorn! As it wasn't bred but bought, and at the top price I was willing to pay for it, it feels a bit bittersweet. I really wanted to breed it, but I'm glad to be able to soon end 4-element breeding for it. :P

As for your options: there's an alternative to option B: for the same amount of gems you could buy a Treasure animal and a Chocolate Bunny.
Option C doesn't sound so good to me; 100 gems doesn't give you many sped attempts when you consider that the most common earth-fire outcome is the Armordillo. If you do full scale speeding you can then only have some 4-5 attempts, as each iteration would likely cost 12 gems to clear the nest and then 12 more to clear the den.

O.k., it shall be interesting to see what you choose...

sweetdeda
11-28-15, 05:19 PM
Funny I now have a normal 30% off sale. Congrats to those that have acquired new habitats or animals, I was lucky enough to breed the pumpkin panda but nothing else. I will not be buying any of the animals.

saucysammis
11-28-15, 05:24 PM
I suppose this is an appropriate spot to ask since it's on sale......and please direct me to the thread if it's explained elsewhere, but I am confused as to the big advantage of having two crystal unicorns instead of one. (Other than being able to breed one while having one free to battle.) do they really work better for getting new animals if you breed the two together?

jojopeanut
11-28-15, 05:31 PM
And now I have no GEM sale.. What! I had one this morning thought it was continuing for 3 more days... Now I dunno bought 2 habitat yesterday was going to store for $50 Google play card.. Now I don't know... Bad business to bad.

ninasidstorm8
11-28-15, 05:44 PM
I suppose this is an appropriate spot to ask since it's on sale......and please direct me to the thread if it's explained elsewhere, but I am confused as to the big advantage of having two crystal unicorns instead of one. (Other than being able to breed one while having one free to battle.) do they really work better for getting new animals if you breed the two together?

Breeding two Unicorns can result in any single element animal. This includes the Treasure animals and the third animal of Trio during the time it can be bred.

Sandybellee
11-28-15, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the congrats on the Crystal Unicorn! As it wasn't bred but bought, and at the top price I was willing to pay for it, it feels a bit bittersweet. I really wanted to breed it, but I'm glad to be able to soon end 4-element breeding for it. :P

As for your options: there's an alternative to option B: for the same amount of gems you could buy a Treasure animal and a Chocolate Bunny.
Option C doesn't sound so good to me; 100 gems doesn't give you many sped attempts when you consider that the most common earth-fire outcome is the Armordillo. If you do full scale speeding you can then only have some 4-5 attempts, as each iteration would likely cost 12 gems to clear the nest and then 12 more to clear the den.

O.k., it shall be interesting to see what you choose...

I considered the option of buying the bunny but the original prize for it is "only" 500 gems, so the discount isn't nearly as good as it is on Unicornucopia. If the bunny was 150 gems, I would definitely buy it.

I don't like option C either the more I think about it (also because I don't exactly have the best track record of stopping the speeding after just a few attempts once I start it.) :p

saucysammis
11-28-15, 06:13 PM
Breeding two Unicorns can result in any single element animal. This includes the Treasure animals and the third animal of Trio during the time it can be bred.

This would very important to me then as I have played EVERY trio event and succeeded exactly ZERO times to get the third animal.....

RowanaFarrin
11-28-15, 08:35 PM
Well, I gave in tonight. XD Since I had a 30% sale, I bought some gems and got Unicornucopia and Palatial Garden! ^_^ I do wish the habitats had been cheaper so I could get more of them and some luck breeding would have been nice. Still, I'll be happy putting my new animal in the pretty habitat. I think I'll move my two music creatures into it as well, so they can be together!

Crystal Unicorn and Treasure animals are tempting, but it's just more money then I can spend right now sadly. Glad some of you have the chance to buy them!

HappyHeartBakery
11-28-15, 10:07 PM
@ogreve - congrats on Unicorn;)

I'm pondering my choices as well. Love reading your thought process, it's very helpful.

Right now I'm busy with 4 element breeding - using a 2-fold approach: trying for the unicorn & a shot at a handful of the 10 limited animals (like many others, hoping for the Maramoo 1st).

Habitat sale - little pricy. But considering getting maybe 1 just because of the helpfulness in space to house at least 4 animals. Seeing that I currently have 13 animals sitting in storage.

I too was hoping for something involving runes. Nothing so far:(. Here's a question, when you buy the value pack, do you need to have the habitat spot free or will it go into storage? Also, does the unicorn go in storage or right onto the nest?

So I guess my plan is the following:
1. try to bred the unicorn with 4 element attempts that may give me one if the limited animals
2. Ponder buying 1 habitat ( for help with space more than anything else)
3. Not buying treasure animals at 600 gems. I have the pony & all other animals needed to bred the other treasure animals so I'll just try breeding for those.
4. Hope something exciting comes along involving runes/expansion sales.

Good luck everyone with your personal plans

31aug2002
11-29-15, 03:13 AM
After reading everyone's views on how to make the best of this not so exciting sale, I too am pondering over my options. Here I must thank everyone especially Olafo, to put out the options so clearly :)

1. First the value pack. I was lucky enough to breed 2 Crystal Unicorns , so I can give that a pass.
2. Treasure animals . I do have the Prize pony. Also hoping of getting a better sale on the treasure animals , I have constructed 2 treasure troves. So if I do go for the treasure animal I would very likely go for the moneybadger, if only for its higher discounted price and earning capacity at epic level. And use my Crystal Unicorns to try breeding the others.
3. Habitats . Out of the 8 on sale I already have 4 . The only other one I like is the Haunted Hollow, but I don't have any scary animals to put in it. So may be I will give these a pass. Still very confused as to whether I should spend 200 gems on them.
4.Limited animals . At the time of writing , I don't know if the 10 are still available . But if they are I will definitely be trying to breed the unicornocopia, mamaroo, thanksgibbon and pumpkin panda. But if not then probably buy the unicornocopia as I have a thing for horses.

Also right now have no gem sale but hope there will be one tomorrow.

skeexix
11-29-15, 11:56 AM
Well, after the disappointment receded, I have a new course of action. I was hoping for really cheap habitats for 4 animals, now I'm only buying one. The treasure animals were also on my list, but at 600 gems, I'm only (maybe) buying the prize pony which cannot be bred. I don't buy animals, but for this I will make an exception.

I have been speed breeding for the reintroduced animals, have managed Magnetic Mouse and Dripmunk, plus Zombee and Brave Eagle which are new to me. Now I am just saving any extra gems for speed breeding holiday animals, and breeding my Crystal Unicorns for treasure animals without speeding.

saucysammis
11-29-15, 12:35 PM
My buying tally so far:

1 Arctic Abode (I now have 2)
3 Palatial Gardens (now I have 4-which I am blending with the 3 Easter habitats that I purchased last spring)
1 chocolate rabbit (if you're going to have 3 Easter habitats might as well have a chocolate rabbit eh?
1 treasure habitat in case I buy a badger.

(I got set to buy the Mamaroo. Even sped a Volcamel fail out of the nest to do it ( I'm not a speeder) and went to the shop and they were gone! Gone! Gone! Ah well. It was a gamble waiting until today and I knew it. I wasn't able to breed a single one even though I tried relentlessly. Of them all I was missing Mamaroo, Dripmonk, Sapybarra, and chocolate rabbit. I've enjoyed the cold turkey, Unicornicopia, Thanksgibbon, pumpkin panda and harvest hedgehog for a year now and already had magnetic mouse too)

Sandybellee
11-29-15, 01:11 PM
This notification text just flashed on my screen: Every treasure animal will be on 60% sale on Monday! It's your last chance to get all of them!

I opened my game immediately but didn't get any pop-up. Hmm...

ogreve
11-29-15, 01:16 PM
@ogreve - congrats on Unicorn;)

I'm pondering my choices as well. Love reading your thought process, it's very helpful.

[...]

I too was hoping for something involving runes. Nothing so far:(. Here's a question, when you buy the value pack, do you need to have the habitat spot free or will it go into storage? Also, does the unicorn go in storage or right onto the nest?

Thanks and I'm glad to see people enjoying my long posts in which I lay out my personal strategies; sharing them here is done so people can benefit from it too, and I'm glad that some people indeed do. :)

Then, regarding your question: this was the very first value pack I ever bought but yes, the Unicorn and habitat both went to storage (which is where they are now and will be until either the CU sale is over, or by some godwonder a 45 hour timer is obtained this week. If I understood it correctly the value pack content (minus coins and food) always goes to storage. Just in case, make sure to buy it when something is on the nest. When the Goblin Gobbler became available my nest was free and I was then very surprised to see the egg go to the nest rather than to storage. Luckily it didn't really hamper anything back then, but a 45 hour egg can easily seriously obstruct specific breeding attempts.

Good luck with your decision(s), and may we all get what we want out of these sales etc., even if the prices aren't as good as we had all hoped. There's still plenty of nice content to be had. I'm not sure if the Prize Pony will be breedable tomorrow, but the moment it appears I will use the formula (i.e. Fennec Shox + Sea Horse, which is 4-elements, so gives shots at a CU too) for it just in case....

ogreve
11-29-15, 01:24 PM
This notification text just flashed on my screen: Every treasure animal will be on 60% sale on Monday! It's your last chance to get all of them!

60% off should give a relatively low prize on the Treasure Toucan and IIRC the Prize Pony too, but these announcements aren't always equally precise. Tomorrow we'll see. I hope this time the sale starts at Midnight and that we don't have wait until the regular update time.
Gee, if ever, tomorrow would be THE day for a really good gem sale! Hint, hint...

BTW... that last phrase sounds ominous. Maybe this is the last ever time we can get the Prize Pony. I do hope that the others at least will remain breedable, as otherwise I may never get a Treasure Toucan or Money Badger!

Sandybellee
11-29-15, 01:37 PM
60% off should give a relatively low prize on the Treasure Toucan and IIRC the Prize Pony too, but these announcements aren't always equally precise. Tomorrow we'll see. I hope this time the sale starts at Midnight and that we don't have wait until the regular update time.
Gee, if ever, tomorrow would be THE day for a really good gem sale! Hint, hint...

BTW... that last phrase sounds ominous. Maybe this is the last ever time we can get the Prize Pony. I do hope that the others at least will remain breedable, as otherwise I may never get a Treasure Toucan or Money Badger!

Yes, the prizes would be really good! I also hope we have a good gem sale tomorrow. And the last bit certainly implies that at least one of them will be available for the last time tomorrow.

sweetdeda
11-29-15, 06:04 PM

That doesn't make sense, 60% would make Treasure Tucan 480, Golden Retriver 720, Money Badger 960, not sure about Prize Pony, yet the splash screen says 600 gems? I can't see them taking away the gem animals, so 'last chance to get all of them' probably refers to Prize Pony not being available after this sale. TL really knows how to screw things up, too bad you didn't get a screen shot, because if they are indeed 600 gems a piece, I'd be all over TL to sell Treasure Tucan for 480. But that's just me and how I feel about TL.....
Not interested in purchasing any animals, but I hope you guys all get the ones you want.

jojopeanut
11-29-15, 06:54 PM
I broke down and purchased the Candy Canyon but the platypus barely stays in it. Think maybe S8 can fix that please.

Sandybellee
11-29-15, 08:32 PM
That doesn't make sense, 60% would make Treasure Tucan 480, Golden Retriver 720, Money Badger 960, not sure about Prize Pony, yet the splash screen says 600 gems? I can't see them taking away the gem animals, so 'last chance to get all of them' probably refers to Prize Pony not being available after this sale. TL really knows how to screw things up, too bad you didn't get a screen shot, because if they are indeed 600 gems a piece, I'd be all over TL to sell Treasure Tucan for 480. But that's just me and how I feel about TL.....
Not interested in purchasing any animals, but I hope you guys all get the ones you want.

I certainly hope it means 60% off so that would make Treasure Toucan 320, Money Badger 640 and the others there in between. But since they've been showing the 600 gem prize on the pop-up, the push notification stating 60% may be just a mistake. We'll find out soon!

FigmentValley
11-29-15, 09:02 PM
What time (pick your time zone to answer - just say what one!) will this sale begin and end, do you think? With work (no internet available) I have a limited window to purchase if I wish to......

ogreve
11-30-15, 03:23 AM
Nothing here yet so I assume it to be from tonight 20:30 CET to tomorrow's update, again at 20:30 CET...

sweetdeda
11-30-15, 04:14 AM
I certainly hope it means 60% off so that would make Treasure Toucan 320, Money Badger 640 and the others there in between. But since they've been showing the 600 gem prize on the pop-up, the push notification stating 60% may be just a mistake. We'll find out soon!

Wow, sorr y my math was way off, I was figuring the percent off and not subtracting! Lol those indeed would be good prices and very different than the 600 gems as stated on the splash screen. Will be very interesting to see what they actually do.

SuzieQ477
11-30-15, 06:18 AM
I've got a gem sale for the usual 30% off everything.

FigmentValley
11-30-15, 07:54 AM
Nothing here yet so I assume it to be from tonight 20:30 CET to tomorrow's update, again at 20:30 CET...

Thank you very much. I appreciate the information.

saucysammis
11-30-15, 10:42 AM
What time (pick your time zone to answer - just say what one!) will this sale begin and end, do you think? With work (no internet available) I have a limited window to purchase if I wish to......

Wow. It's 7:40 am in Hawaii which means all the rest of you have seen a large chunk of "today" pass by already.

I guess they will be rolling out the sale at the usual update time....and ending on the usual Tuesday update time if they are going to give it a full 24 hr day. Or not. I'd define toy recommend buying sooner rather than later because 24 hours is not guaranteed at all. I suppose 8 hours isn't even guaranteed.

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 11:17 AM
Wow. It's 7:40 am in Hawaii which means all the rest of you have seen a large chunk of "today" pass by already.

I guess they will be rolling out the sale at the usual update time....and ending on the usual Tuesday update time if they are going to give it a full 24 hr day. Or not. I'd define toy recommend buying sooner rather than later because 24 hours is not guaranteed at all. I suppose 8 hours isn't even guaranteed.

Good morning to Hawaii! Yup, it's Monday evening here in Europe already. Will definitely need to buy everything before going to bed in case they end the sale early.

31aug2002
11-30-15, 12:23 PM
It's well past midnight here in India. In fact it's 12.50 am . My usual update time used to midnight, then it became 1am , when daylight saving changed . But it has been 2am a couple of times in the past few weeks. Like when the tournament started , it started a 2 am for me.
So I am hoping for the sale, if it's coming to start say in another 15 mins, or I will miss it as I will have gone to sleep.:(:(

Scribbles138
11-30-15, 12:28 PM
The update will happen in about 2 minutes. 11:30 am PST.

Scribbles138
11-30-15, 12:30 PM
My pop up says all treasure animals are on sale for 600 gems and "all treasure animals leave the market 12/1."

And still no gem sale for me, so I guess I'm not buying any of the gem animals. Glad I've got a Prize Pony.

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 12:33 PM
My pop up says all treasure animals are on sale for 600 gems and "all treasure animals leave the market 12/1."

Ditto! What on earth was with that push notification yesterday? Anyway, I can clear my nest in 12 minutes and methinks a Badger egg will go in right after. :)

saucysammis
11-30-15, 12:37 PM
If the sale is running for exactly 24 hours and any of us wants more than one of the animals (haha) remember they have a 24 hr nest time and we'll have to speed the first one off the nest well ahead of the end of time.

Drachenia
11-30-15, 12:42 PM
Oh so sad I wanted to have 4 Prize ponies and now I can not buy a single longer. Please I beg TL increasing the limit of treasure Animals been looking

ogreve
11-30-15, 12:47 PM
It makes me real sad that ALL of the Treasure animals will be discontinued!
I had made it my agenda to buy two Crystal Unicorns this week so I could breed for them with that formula too. I already bought one of them and wanted to buy the other one close before the end of the sale.
Now that Treasure will be discontinued there's little point in buying a second unicorn and I may not do that. This is really, really sad. I only have a Golden Retriever and a Prize Pony and had wanted to get 2 of each animal. I never even could try for the Treasure Toucan as I never managed to get an Ocean Owl.
I do have a gem sale now, but I only have 208
Gems so it's going to be very expensive to buy a Treasure Toucan and a Money Badger. It's even going to be more expensive than I like to just buy one of them.
This has got to be one of the most disappointing actions by TL ever. I'm *REALLY* upset that all of them are going to be discontinued and with such short advance notice! If they had announced it one month in advance it would have been a different story, but this breaks my heart.
Why oh why did they make that call???

It looks then like I'll not buy that second unicorn that I so badly wanted to buy either...:(
This is a SAD day for the forest, and here I was, hoping that as of today the Prize Pony would become permanent.

TL: *please* reconsider this decision!

tuffyjkitten
11-30-15, 12:49 PM
Never bred a single treasure animal. Not buying gold to get one now. Goodbye treasure animals.

enaid03
11-30-15, 12:49 PM
I don't have any treasure animals....and given they will disappear I intend to get one.

Any suggestions as to what that one should be? Thanks!

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 12:52 PM
It makes me real sad that ALL of the Treasure animals will be discontinued!
I had made it my agenda to buy two Crystal Unicorns this week so I could breed for them with that formula too. I already bought one of them and wanted to buy the other one close before the end of the sale.
Now that Treasure will be discontinued there's little point in buying a second unicorn and I may not do that. This is really, really sad. I only have a Golden Retriever and a Prize Pony and had wanted to get 2 of each animal. I never even could try for the Treasure Toucan as I never managed to get an Ocean Owl.
I do have a gem sale now, but I only have 208
Gems so it's going to be very expensive to buy a Treasure Toucan and a Money Badger. It's even going to be more expensive than I like to just buy one of them.
This has got to be one of the most disappointing actions by TL ever. I'm *REALLY* upset that all of them are going to be discontinued and with such short advance notice! If they had announced it one month in advance it would have been a different story, but this breaks my heart.
Why oh why did they make that call???

It looks then like I'll not buy that second unicorn that I so badly wanted to buy either...:(
This is a SAD day for the forest, and here I was, hoping that as of today the Prize Pony would become permanent.

TL: *please* reconsider this decision!

Oh wow! I didn't even notice that on today's pop up! That's really sad! Why would they do that? Hmm... Now I'm wondering whether I should get one more Badger...

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 12:53 PM
I don't have any treasure animals....and given they will disappear I intend to get one.

Any suggestions as to what that one should be? Thanks!

The Badger gives you most gems. Good luck deciding!

Scribbles138
11-30-15, 01:01 PM
I'm really disappointed overall with the quality of the sale we've been given. I was expecting more after reading about last year, especially on the gem sale side...here I was hoping for 40% off and only ever got 20% on the gem packs I would usually pick up. I'm not even a little bit tempted to buy gems at full price for any of the treasure animals, and to be honest, I'm now re-thinking the Crystal Unicorn value pack. :(

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 01:06 PM
There are so many more treasure dragons that give so much more gold per day on DS that I don't understand why we can't keep our few low gem yielding treasure animals. :( This doesn't bode well for the future of the game if giving us a gem a day is too much.

Scribbles138
11-30-15, 01:08 PM
There are so many more treasure dragons that give so much more gold per day on DS that I don't understand why we can't keep our few low gem yielding treasure animals. :( This doesn't bode well for the future of the game if giving us a gem a day is too much.

I've been thinking about that. With as many games that they have that are "version #2" it makes me wonder how long it will be before we see "Fantasy Forest 2." :|

chippychan
11-30-15, 01:09 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Surely this is a mistake? Maybe it meant to say the deal with be leaving the market 12/1? If it's not a mistake and all treasure animals will be removed from the market I will be shocked.

EDIT: Maybe providing the last Treasure animal released (Prize Pony) as a limited-time-only animal was just a way to get us ready for the fact that all future Treasure animals will now be limited-time-only as well. It's a bummer if true. :(

31aug2002
11-30-15, 01:17 PM
Is this the beginning of the end for FFS??
First we get such a disappointing Black Friday sale and now this . This sounds like the death knoll for the game. Many players are surely going to be frustrated and want to leave. And if this is true , I feel so foolish spending hard cash on these items.
Coming to the treasure animals I have only the Prize Pony which I bought when it was on sale . I have Two ready habitats but only enough gems to buy one animal. My best bet is the moneybadger if only for its earning capacity. But I do like the treasure toucan and the golden retriever too
Please TL reconsider your decision !!!

ThynaSmith
11-30-15, 01:19 PM
I'm really disappointed overall with the quality of the sale we've been given. I was expecting more after reading about last year, especially on the gem sale side...here I was hoping for 40% off and only ever got 20% on the gem packs I would usually pick up. I'm not even a little bit tempted to buy gems at full price for any of the treasure animals, and to be honest, I'm now re-thinking the Crystal Unicorn value pack. :(

I completely agree with you, Scribbles138. This is a HUGE disappointment!! Not only the sales were super lame, now there's this real stab in the back of taking the treasure animals off the market. I have to admit that I'm really disappointed with their atitude, and not feeling very happy about this game at all, right now. It's really sad to me, because FFS is my favorite game these days. Oh well, I guess they're about to lose some money. I can see people getting very upset about this shady decision.

Why on Earth they'd do that? This is bad business, imho. They sell a product that's virtual, meaning, they won't have to produce more of it to sell, they're not going to spend with raw materials or anything... why not make this so expected time of the year, for sales, something good for their costumers? I can say it for myself, and I believe even more so for some of you here, who spend more money on this game, that they're only losing money with this.

Very, very lame decision.

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 01:19 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Surely this is a mistake? Maybe it meant to say the deal with be leaving the market 12/1? If it's not a mistake and all treasure animals will be removed from the market I will be shocked.

I hope it's a mistake too. Now I really wish I had a screen capture of the push notification I got last night. It said this would be the last chance to get all treasure animals. On the other hand it also said it would be a 60% sale and that was wrong information.

ThynaSmith
11-30-15, 01:20 PM
Is this the beginning of the end for FFS??
First we get such a disappointing Black Friday sale and now this . This sounds like the death knoll for the game. Many players are surely going to be frustrated and want to leave. And if this is true , I feel so foolish spending hard cash on these items.
Coming to the treasure animals I have only the Prize Pony which I bought when it was on sale . I have Two ready habitats but only enough gems to buy one animal. My best bet is the moneybadger if only for its earning capacity. But I do like the treasure toucan and the golden retriever too
Please TL reconsider your decision !!!

It feels like the end for me. Or at least a very, very long hiatus, or stop playing it on a regular basis, not to be so frustrated.

ThynaSmith
11-30-15, 01:22 PM
Oh, by the way, I don't even have a gem sale right now! Meaning I'd have to spend a lot of money, in case I fell for this TRAP of a sale, in which they announce, at the last minute, that these animals are going to be out of the market. I'm glad I spent very little money on FFS, otherwise, I'd be really p*ssed.

tezzy37
11-30-15, 01:28 PM
Does this mean the prize pony is,breed able again?

ogreve
11-30-15, 01:30 PM

This is the splash screen. Unfortunately, unless the information on it is in error, there is really NO other way to interpret it than that tomorrow they'll pull ALL treasure animals from the store.

It is not often that I speak out negatively about TL or the way they (try to) make money. It is understood that much work goes into making these games and that they try to find ways to get their players to spend money on the game.

The nature of this "sale" though comes SO out of the blue with that twist that ALL of the animals will be removed from the store tomorrow. It's a way of trying to get people to spend that feels close to extortion, as there's no way in h*ll that we can manage to breed any of them (let alone all of them) within 24 hours time.

My agenda for the coming time was to get two Crystal Unicorns and go full blooded for breeding all of the ultra rares, both Treasure and Gem. On Friday night I bought 1 Crystal Unicorn value pack and wanted to try and breed a second one before the end of the week or otherwise buy a second value pack. The main reason for wanting to do that was to have better shots at the Treasure animals and with a secondary agenda of having an alternate formula for breeding the third animal of trios.

When I saw the pre-announcement of today's Treasure sale I thought "excellent, I can have a few breeding attempts at a Prize Pony and if I don't get it buy one and then later buy the second Unicorn to try and breed for all the others". That would have resulted in a 530 gem pack bought by me (sale price: 13.99 Euros) + a further Crystal Unicorn value pack (sale price: 19.99 Euros) for a grand total of 33.98 Euros. TL has not just put those Euros in the wager as this decision of theirs may see me not spend that money on these items anymore.

Really, ALL of it has been uprooted now. This kind of sale does not get me very excited about feeling "forced" to "do or bust" it rather makes me want to boycot it and not buy any treasure animal. I put in a desperate attempt at the Money Badger. Got a 16 hour timer. Daredevil for sure. Great. Not. :(

It also makes me very, very uncertain about acquiring that second Unicorn. What for? My main reason for it has just been completely blown out of the water. Do I buy one in the dire hope that TL will release other Treasure animals or will reconsider and let us keep our precious few Treasure animals?
At this time, I honestly don't know.

The 600 gems for the Money Badger is not a bad deal, and hadn't they added that part about pulling it from the store tomorrow already, but had they given us a 1 month notice or so, I would have almost certainly instantly bought one.
Now I don't want to. Not this way.

Again, at this time I don't know what to do anymore. I'm more than reluctant to let this drive my head crazy, and buy a Treasure Toucan and a Money Badger now. This is not the way I like sales to be set up.
I think I'll pass on the Treasure animals and shall simply enjoy the Golden Retriever I bred and the Prize Pony I bought.

It was so nice to have seen the recent addition of the Prize Pony. I had *really* hoped TL would make it permanently breedable after today, but I guess the joke is on us, as a "great Cyber Monday deal" instead we'll get ALL of the Treasure animals taken away from us.

Why?
No really: WHY????

Is it because these animals give us a few gems per day? Really?
I'm dumbfounded.
As said before, this is probably the worst and single most incomprehensible decision I've seen TL make.

In light of the text on the splash screen and their silence in the forums today I don't think it was WRITTEN in mistake, but a mistake it is alright, and a big one at that. I can only hope TL comes to realise that their fans and most die-hard crew of players see this as a stab in the back and that they will reconsider this decision and let us keep our precious few beloved and desired Treasure animals.

I thought the idea of BF, Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday sales should have a nice gifting aspect to them, not sheer frustration and getting one of our most beloved and desired animals taken away from us. :(

NOT. HAPPY. AT. ALL.

kuppikahvia
11-30-15, 01:41 PM
What a disappointing series of events, right when most of us were anticipating a wonderful week of sales and opportunity, not only the various gem sales fell way shorter then hoped by many, not only the habitats were down "only" 50% like they had been before, but now... now this...
Let me recap: with little to no warning, a whole element is being taken away, and the most precious one on top of that, remaining available for just one day? I am speechless at how bad this move is.
(an oldschool player with no tresure animals despite playing since day one)

saucysammis
11-30-15, 01:41 PM
Frankly I was surprised that we could still try for these treasure animals after the first month of each release. I will miss having the opportunity to try to breed for a second of each one, but my speculation is that new treasures will be released, with possibly new habitats that house more than one.

flowless
11-30-15, 01:42 PM
So this is the amazing Black Friday we got
Re run of exact sale we got when they were first released ( habits and gems animals )

Then ending with a bang
To discontinue ultra Rare treasure animals in such short notice

If that's a strategy to get me spending
It's not working at all
My iTunes gift cards stays with me

I was never a fan of buying an animal straight to the nest

I. Still angry at myself for letting the hype of Black Friday get to me

LonePudding
11-30-15, 02:06 PM
I never thought I'd feel this way about a game, but I'm really disappointed that the treasure animals are leaving, if the info on the splash screen is correct. I haven't bred any yet, and I'm not really the type to spend big money in games. Surely this has to be mistake. We are not happy S8.

LonePudding
11-30-15, 02:08 PM
Frankly I was surprised that we could still try for these treasure animals after the first month of each release. I will miss having the opportunity to try to breed for a second of each one, but my speculation is that new treasures will be released, with possibly new habitats that house more than one.

I hope so.

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 02:23 PM
What about all the players who are traveling today or something like that and can't access the game for a day? Just imagine coming back and finding out all treasure animals are suddenly gone without advance warning!

I reeeeaaally hope they are releasing new ones very soon or a new category of similar gem giving animals. This is perhaps the most desired animal category in the whole game. What's the point if we can't aspire to own these animals one day? Seriously!

ogreve
11-30-15, 02:25 PM
I really hope that if TL does indeed discontinue these few Treasure animals for whatever reason that is fully beyond me, that they at the very least allow us one entire month to try and get them still. If they announce they expire them on January 1st, it's an entirely different matter than giving us a 1 day notice. Had I known this in advance the past two months of my breeding effort would have been 100% aimed at Treasure. Now these past few months have been aimed full bloodedly at breeding for gem animals.

So disappointed now.

I've just made up my mind at least about one thing. I'll NOT buy any of them from this sale. If I manage to breed one tomorrow, great. If not, then so be it.

I also really wonder what tomorrow's update will bring. I had expected a new Storybook to start. Now instead perhaps they'll render all gem animals infertile so we can't breed those anymore or so. :(

Well, who knows. Tomorrow's update _may_ bring new Treasure animals, but I very strongly doubt that. I have a gem sale now, but I'm not buying gems now. I'm not buying Treasure animals now from this sale. This strategy has completely backfired at them. Had they not announced to discontinue them, I'm sure many of us would be happily buying one or more of these animals now and we'd all be congratulating one another. Now it has become a bitter moment and I wonder how many players will now also decide not to buy them...

The nature of tomorrow's update might also be decisive for whether I will or will not buy a 2nd Unicorn later this week. For now, my main motivation for doing so is gone.

chippychan
11-30-15, 02:31 PM
Also, if ALL treasure animals are being removed from the market does that mean the "Fortune Finders" goal line will disappear too?

It's been sitting in my goals for what seems like forever on my secondary account. So since after tomorrow the Treasure Toucan will presumably be unobtainable... will the goal be removed? I ask because I see no countdown timer on it indicating it is limited or anything.

saucysammis
11-30-15, 02:40 PM
What about all the players who are traveling today or something like that and can't access the game for a day? Just imagine coming back and finding out all treasure animals are suddenly gone without advance warning!

I reeeeaaally hope they are releasing new ones very soon or a new category of similar gem giving animals. This is perhaps the most desired animal category in the whole game. What's the point if we can't aspire to own these animals one day? Seriously!

I can see the treasure habitat disappearing from the store along with the animals. If this is a sign that new treasure habitats are imminent then I'm all for it. I have enough. I'm deciding to be excited that this means new things for the game.

calvinxx
11-30-15, 02:50 PM
I can see the treasure habitat disappearing from the store along with the animals. If this is a sign that new treasure habitats are imminent then I'm all for it. I have enough. I'm deciding to be excited that this means new things for the game.

Yes! This is how I feel. To make such a bold move I'm sure something new and exciting will come to replace them! Maybe even a new element :)

Also what does everyone mean by a Fantasy Forest 2? Does that mean this game will be over and we would have to start all over again from scratch in a new app? Do our animals transfer over?

ninasidstorm8
11-30-15, 03:47 PM
The one thing I wanted to do out of the Black Friday sales was to pick up a Treasure animal or possible Gem hybrid, since I have never been able to breed either one ( I do have a Crystal Unicorn). I had also decided to only buy a habitat if it were 100 gems or less. I was happy that the recycled animals were breedable and I spent my breeding time for the week trying for the Magnetic Mouse and a possible Dragonfly fail with no luck. I was happy to see the Treasure animal sale and since I had a little over 600 gems on hand, the price was right for me. My only decision was to buy a Prize Pony since it was no longer breedable or a Money Badger since it provides the better value. The fact that it looks like all the Treasure animals will be discontinued, made the decision easier. I bought the Money Badger and it should be leaving the nest shortly after tomorrow's update.

I didn't have very high expectations for Black Friday or Cyber Monday so I am pleased with my results. I hope despite the disappointment expressed by many, that everyone is at least happy with the decision's they made.

kooky panda
11-30-15, 03:56 PM
Also what does everyone mean by a Fantasy Forest 2? Does that mean this game will be over and we would have to start all over again from scratch in a new app? Do our animals transfer over?
There is no Fantasy Forest 2 game. Players are just speculating.

Sorry for the confusion!

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 04:06 PM
I bought the Money Badger egg right after my nest cleared after the update (before even realizing they would all be gone in a day!). I'm very happy with that since it's the treasure animal I've always wanted since I first saw it.

Now I should already be sleeping but don't know what to do about the habitat I wanted... Should I go for it or save the rest of my gems to see what tomorrow's update brings? I don't know. This sudden removal of treasure animals is such a big and unexpected move that I'm just very worried now... Maybe it's best to hold on to the rest of the gems for now.

matiasabad94
11-30-15, 04:16 PM
This is just plain laughable. I'll just put it at bad move #1000 in my book.

RowanaFarrin
11-30-15, 04:36 PM
Well this is disappointing news. Had I know this was coming I would have spent more time trying to breed Gold Retriever (the only one I have the full combo for) instead of Crystal Unicorn. As it is, I just can't bring myself to spend more money on the game this weekend so no treasure animals for me unless I get lucky in the morning. If one of them had been more like 300 gems, I might have considered it. Oh well. :(

Really would have been better for them to give us at least a week's notice, a month perferrably, but this is how they make money I suppose. Though on that note, I do think a better discount on gems (40 or even 50% off) would have inspired more of us to actually buy some to get one of these animals, even more than one! Food for thought, TL!

ThynaSmith
11-30-15, 05:43 PM
I know I'm probably expecting too much, but they could at least put those paid ads that you watch and receive something, like runes, for instance... after all of this, it would be nice to have a good surprise, for a change, lol.

31aug2002
11-30-15, 07:45 PM
After my euphoric 2 weeks where I was able to breed not one but 2 Crystal Unicorns , my hopes had been raised to a very high level with the coming of the Black Friday sales. But the events of this past week has deflated me and my enthusiasm and I feel like a hot air balloon whose air has been pulled out suddenly and it flops to the ground.

I have been successful in breeding 2 of the rerelease do limited animals and bought one, didn't much care for the habitat sale, but was really looking forward to the treasure animal sale.
Like I mentioned in an earlier post - Did TL really lose their plot in this game? I don't play DS , and the others - Castle Story etc I play only to complete goals and earn gems in FFS , so I cannot comment on those.

Maybe I had too high expectations from the sales,that I feel *****ed now. I feel the rug has been pulled from under your feet ( Am I being too melodramatic?)

I really do hope that TL has something really big and great in store for us for the coming Christmas and New Year time. Or maybe I am raising my hopes again.

As I have only the bought Prize Pony , and my attempts to breed the others have come to a nought, today I am putting all my efforts at getting the treasure animals . If I don't get one by day end then maybe I will just buy one . The money badger is my best bet for its great value and and better earning capacity. But I do like the treasure toucan too and don't know whether to go for it or not.

It would mean a total of 1250 gems spent and also a few to do some speed breeding with my Crystal Unicorns.
I don't know if I want to spend that much. Let's see what the day unfolds!!

And a final request to TL , I hope the splash screen is just a mistake, though I think not considering the silence of all the admins on this matter ! Or may be they too were taken by surprise.

HappyHeartBakery
11-30-15, 07:54 PM
What to do now...this is not looking too good.
Seems to me it's the players who already have these treasure animals that seem less concerned.

I've only recently been able to bred some of the animals required to even try for these.
I'm a 'purest' & prefer to bred my animals verses buy them. I did buy the prize pony so at least I have at least one - the only purchase so far.

The only real hope is that they give us til Jan 1 before they are completely removed.
Good luck to all

evys_mom
11-30-15, 09:14 PM
I haven't been posting lately because I am just so disappointed. I love this game and became addicted immediately. I even got addicted to a few of the other games through playing to earn gems for FFS. The last two tournaments have been BRUTAL for me. The last one I just gave up on with my second account after 22 losses to the Pearl Peryton. I too was looking forward to the sale as a way of making the most of my space by getting a few habitats at 100 gems. I loved all the re-released animals though only able to breed one mammaroo on my baby account. Then in I got sick and missed the last day to buy them wah!! Considering the sales in the other games I play with TL, this felt like a good screw you. Now I am short about 30 gems for a treasure animal and every other game and account I use has a gem sale right now. I kinda feel like playing is almost more of a chore than an enjoyment. Ok done with my little rant/pity party. I sure hope something good comes along to bring back the excitement I once had for the game.

mariyana2014
11-30-15, 09:26 PM
if we remember there was a mistake when prize pony released. it mentioned "3 gems per day"!

I hope it is another mistake and the only removing treasure animal will be "prize Pony" and not others. anyway, I bought my Money Badger and waiting to see what will happen on 12/1 !!! :(

ogreve
12-01-15, 01:49 AM
I just intentionally let the gem sale I had expire without making use of it. Good. Now I'm definitely sure I won't have second thoughts about buying any of the Treasure animals.
Of course I'm not getting any of them through breeding, yesterday I put in a shot at Money Badger and got a 16 hour Daredevil. About an hour ago (after a Firefox egg had already gone off the nest) I sped the remaining 4-5 or so hours of that and put in a shot at a second Prize Pony; again a 16 hours timer.
I just calculated that IF the Treasure animals stay in the shop right up to the regular update time, with speeding the remainders of these two 16 hour fails at a total gem cost of 8 gems, I can put in one more attempt and that's it. Even though the Money Badger would be the better outcome for me, I'm almost certainly going to aim for the Prize Pony, as it's a 4-element breeding and has better outcomes and overall spoken hopefully shorter fails.
Who knows what tonight's update will bring... The only way that TL could save the day now is by releasing something that's really dynamite, like NEW Treasure animals or so. I don't think they'll do so though. I think (if the schedule is upheld) that we're more likely to get a Storybook or goal line animal.
I can only hope that TL has planned something *REALLY* special for us tonight, so we can all forget about this Black Monday disastrous news. :(
Tonight we'll see.

kuppikahvia
12-01-15, 02:14 AM
Can you guys calculate the exact European time (CET for instance) when this marvellous "sale" is going to end, taking away all dreams of ever breeding a treasure animal?
Could an S8 admin at least confirm the Pacific time when this will happen?
Thank you

LocalNews
12-01-15, 04:06 AM
It is great to have a sale but by making expansions so difficult and not allowing putting purchased animals and habitats into storage until a player is able to expand makes it hard to buy anything. Their own policies are keeping players from buying anything. I don't have any room to make purchases if I wanted to do so. I am sure this is true for most players. One solution for the treasure animal sale would be to let the treasure habitat have two animals but it is probably to late if they are taking them off after today.

ogreve
12-01-15, 04:10 AM
Can you guys calculate the exact European time (CET for instance) when this marvellous "sale" is going to end, taking away all dreams of ever breeding a treasure animal?
Could an S8 admin at least confirm the Pacific time when this will happen?
Thank you

Without TL saying, my guess is as good as anyone's, but to be on the safe side buy or breed for anything you want at least a tiny bit before 1 hour before the regular update time, i.e., before 19:30 CET.
As the sale went live at 20:30 CET, they MAY give us right up until today's update time (i.e. 20:30 CET) but sometimes (often, actually) the sales already end at 20:00 CET and sometimes at 19:30 CET. I think (no guarantees!) that we can be reasonably sure that the animals will be there until 19:30 CET, but after that it's anyone's guess as to when they disappear. If you really want something, it's wise not to cut it too close (as I came to learn during the Nightmare sale)...

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 05:37 AM
Aaargh!!! Still can't decide what to do! This is the worst! If they make decisions like this, they should give us way more advance notice like many have said.

I got a gem sale today and I would love to have the Golden Retriever also but I don't know if it's worth it at this point. If the game continues for years to come, it will be worth it, but if not, then it won't be. (I'm not missing too many gems to be able to buy one more treasure animal, so it wouldn't cost me too much at all.)

I also sold my large farm (leaving 5 grand farms) to make room for Palatial Garden but couldn't pull the trigger yet...

Edit: all treasure animals are marked as limited time in the market but treasure trove isn't. That may imply there are new treasure animals coming... Or not... I wish we would get an official answer!

chippychan
12-01-15, 06:10 AM
At this point I am making the following assumption about this whole thing: The current treasure animals will be removed - as the splash-screen indicates - after the 'sale' is over, but I don't think the treasure element will be discontinued completely. I think they will just make any future treasure animals limited-time-only animals, like how Prize Pony was. I think Prize Pony being limited was a way for them to prepare us for this. Because of this, I don't think the treasure trove habitat will be removed from the market.

My guess is they *may* add a new larger habitat that holds more treasure animals and that they will release new treasure animals in the future, but again, they'll be limited-time-only and not permanent. I'm guessing this is their way to make players feel a sense of urgency about obtaining these limited animals and spend gems to get them.

These are just my speculations, but unless (or until?) we get some confirmation - or any information at all - from the developers or mods, they are just guesses.

EDIT: Something I think they could do to make this whole thing better for a lot of people is to have a 30-round tournament start today with a new treasure animal as the prize. It's a long-shot, but I think it would make everyone very happy. :)

sweetdeda
12-01-15, 06:14 AM
As someone else mentioned that fortune finder goal does not show a timer either, it still does not. May be just be an oversight on TL's part. May have to leave the habitat around for a bit for those that may have it in the nest but not purchased one yet. At this point it's all speculation, which could be just what TL wants. Don't want to see the gem animals disappear but if for some reason they do stick around and I was one that jumped to buy them before they disppear I think I'd be pretty ticked.

Drachenia
12-01-15, 07:41 AM
Please Elsa allow that one can hold 2 Treasure animals in the habitat, I would have like 4 Prize Pony. Thank you for your answer :D

31aug2002
12-01-15, 07:54 AM
As someone else mentioned that fortune finder goal does not show a timer either, it still does not. May be just be an oversight on TL's part. May have to leave the habitat around for a bit for those that may have it in the nest but not purchased one yet. At this point it's all speculation, which could be just what TL wants. Don't want to see the gem animals disappear but if for some reason they do stick around and I was one that jumped to buy them before they disppear I think I'd be pretty ticked.

My sentiments exactly!! If it's an oversight and the gem animals are still there after today's update , I would have mixed feelings about the whole issue. Firstly I would feel foolish for spending 600 gems for something I can still breed. Secondly I would feel *****ed for being forced to spend those gems.

I just hope that TL has something really awesome up there sleeve ,that would compensate for the disappointment of the past few days!!

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 08:31 AM
Ok, I got the habitat as I sorely need more space for the animals.

Also sped the final hours of the Money Badger egg (it's evolving now) and put in one final try for another Money Badger (the only one I can try for) and got an 11 hour timer. :p

Personally, I think 600 gems is a pretty good prize for the Money Badger. It will earn that back in 300 days (on level 15) and keep producing more gems to infinity for as long as the game is continued. The only risk is that they discontinue the game before you make your gems back, but as ogreve pointed out they just released it for Android too, so maybe I was too pessimistic fearing that the game is in trouble.

Edit: Writing this down, I managed to convince myself and bought a second Money Badger! :)

saucysammis
12-01-15, 11:18 AM
Ok, I got the habitat as I sorely need more space for the animals.

Also sped the final hours of the Money Badger egg (it's evolving now) and put in one final try for another Money Badger (the only one I can try for) and got an 11 hour timer. :p

Personally, I think 600 gems is a pretty good prize for the Money Badger. It will earn that back in 300 days (on level 15) and keep producing more gems to infinity for as long as the game is continued. The only risk is that they discontinue the game before you make your gems back, but as ogreve pointed out they just released it for Android too, so maybe I was too pessimistic fearing that the game is in trouble.

Edit: Writing this down, I managed to convince myself and bought a second Money Badger! :)

Good for you! These are good prices even if a little higher than the first release sales. I've been agonizing over getting a second toucan but I think writing it down I've come to the opposite conclusion as you....and I now have 4 treasure creatures. I want to have gems available if a different treasure animal is released.... I psyching myself up to believe a new treasure bird is in the future, but I may wish I was you and bought a second treasure. You won't regret it. I even visited your forest to check it out. (My forest name is Ama'u Forest)

Up to now having three of them has been very profitable. I bought the money badger to complete my set of four and want another treasure bird so bad; but anyway it turns out having four at epic level is going to be better than three.

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 11:39 AM
Good for you! These are good prices even if a little higher than the first release sales. I've been agonizing over getting a second toucan but I think writing it down I've come to the opposite conclusion as you....and I now have 4 treasure creatures. I want to have gems available if a different treasure animal is released.... I psyching myself up to believe a new treasure bird is in the future, but I may wish I was you and bought a second treasure. You won't regret it. I even visited your forest to check it out. (My forest name is Ama'u Forest)

Up to now having three of them has been very profitable. I bought the money badger to complete my set of four and want another treasure bird so bad; but anyway it turns out having four at epic level is going to be better than three.

Oh, that's you! I love the tropical vibe in your forest name. The little tree symbol makes it just perfect. :)

Congrats on your badger, too! And congrats on having four treasure animals! I only had Prize Pony before, so the badger twins are very welcome and valuable additions to my forest. I don't think I would regret getting them even if we got new treasure animals in the future. And if we don't, I would have been very upset with myself for letting this opportunity to pass by.

ogreve
12-01-15, 12:04 PM
Last attempt was at the Money Badger after blowing 8 gems to speed for it. 12 hours. Great, the dreaded Armordillo. What a waste of time and I'm still completely disappointed about the short notice. My whole strategy for the coming months has been torpedoed. No idea what I'll do with buying a second unicorn or not. The sure thing is that as sorry as I am to see these treasure animals go, at this time fare just having spent 40 euros on the stuff from the past few days I didn't feel like throwing more than 14 euros per treasure animal at it. So, it looks like I'll never get a toucan nor badger and that I'll also got no chance to get two of each. So be it. Big bummer.

saucysammis
12-01-15, 12:12 PM
Thanks, Sandybellee, and ...Haha I agree, your forest will benefit from the two badgers more than from having three different creatures. For me, whatever choice I make I'm good with.....It's the choosing without knowing what is next. And now the animals are gone, the habitats are gone and I feel relief that I no longer have to choose. I ended up wasting the time away in a heated discussion with someone on the phone and then came back and it was all over! What's next? Couple more hours and we'll all be discussing a new thing.

saucysammis
12-01-15, 12:17 PM
Last attempt was at the Money Badger after blowing 8 gems to speed for it. 12 hours. Great, the dreaded Armordillo. What a waste of time and I'm still completely disappointed about the short notice. My whole strategy for the coming months has been torpedoed. No idea what I'll do with buying a second unicorn or not. The sure thing is that as sorry as I am to see these treasure animals go, at this time fare just having spent 40 euros on the stuff from the past few days I didn't feel like throwing more than 14 euros per treasure animal at it. So, it looks like I'll never get a toucan nor badger and that I'll also got no chance to get two of each. So be it. Big bummer.

I am waiting for today's update to decide if I invest in a second unicorn myself. I never get the single element of any trio and it would be nice to have a greater chance at it..... I've spent my budget for the game for the year and this is cash, but the unicorn isn't offered often and very difficult to breed.

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 12:39 PM
Hmm... The Treasure Toucan goal is still on my list of goals.

ogreve
12-01-15, 12:39 PM
I am waiting for today's update to decide if I invest in a second unicorn myself. I never get the single element of any trio and it would be nice to have a greater chance at it..... I've spent my budget for the game for the year and this is cash, but the unicorn isn't offered often and very difficult to breed.

I fully agree. I'm quite sure that if I don't breed a unicorn before Friday that I too will buy the second one, just on the off chance that we MAY someday again be able to use them for breeding for Treasure. I'm still sorely disappointed that this is not a certainty anymore now and that my ship got torpedoed in sight of the port, but well, at least I shall then first use the unicorns for breeding for the gem hybrids and trio animals and hopefully focus on Treasure later, if it ever comes back.

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 01:21 PM
And the gem animals (including the element itself) aren't in the market anymore, but the Treasure Trove is still there. They'll probably get rid of it, too, and just left it in the market so the people who bought the animals and are still hatching them can have a chance to buy the habitat.

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 03:24 PM
I just realized one very positive side to all this! Since there are no more treasure animals to breed for, the Armordillo can be taken behind the barn... Erm, sent to a beautiful farm somewhere to roam free. :D That frees up one spot for another animal! (I actually like the adult and epic forms of the Armordillo, but it can definitely go until I've expanded a lot more.)

alelie89
12-01-15, 04:29 PM
I noticed I still have the Treasure Toucan goal too and the treasure habitat is till available to buy. I was thinking maybe the treasure animals can still be bred and we just lost the ability to purchase them with gems. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is possible.

I haven't been playing this game for very long though (only a few months) so I'm not sure how things go exactly.

mrhammy48
12-01-15, 04:34 PM
I just read this!!!!! I was enjoying Thanksgiving and family time in a remote area with no internet. I didn't even notice the treasure animals were gone until I read about it here. I came to the understanding with myself months ago to remember that this is just a game and the company is actually trying to make a profit. That being said I wasn't surprised at all the the "sales" weren't really sales just a re-release that was already offered at one time. I only had about 200 gems which I decided to buy a habitat to help free some space. I've bought other animals and felt bummed afterwards because I know I didn't breed it. I have only about 22 animals now to try for ( subtract gem animals since I don't have any). I hope something new comes out soon as there isn't much left for me.

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 10:19 AM
Noticed that now the Treasure Toucan goal is gone too.

Drachenia
12-02-15, 11:51 AM
All Treasure Animals not in the market :confused:

ThynaSmith
12-02-15, 12:12 PM
I just realized one very positive side to all this! Since there are no more treasure animals to breed for, the Armordillo can be taken behind the barn... Erm, sent to a beautiful farm somewhere to roam free. :D That frees up one spot for another animal! (I actually like the adult and epic forms of the Armordillo, but it can definitely go until I've expanded a lot more.)
Hahahah, excellent point, Sandybellee! It's good to see the bright side of this, lol. The Armordillo, in my opinion, looks like a cockroach, yuck, and I have gotten rid of it a long time ago, but was planning on getting a new one to try for the Money Badger. Now I don't even have to consider it, hahahah, unless it becomes part of a requirement for some Storybook. Until then, Armordillo free.