PDA

View Full Version : What kind of events have you enjoyed?

PikaSquirrel
11-03-15, 04:33 PM
Hey Kings and Queens,

We've had a lot of events in Castle Story and would like to know what type of event you've enjoyed the most. We can't guarantee that the top choice would be in future events, but we'd love to get some feedback from you guys! :)

EDIT: Poll has ended, but we'll keep the thread open a bit longer to get more feedback. Thanks!

A7B92
11-03-15, 04:56 PM
I don't mind harvesting and crafting. I get a bit annoyed when I am dependent on neighbor responses, especially before I can move on in a timed event. I get irritated when a timed event depends on rarely dropped items (think gold nuggets). By the way, what am I to do with golden apples? And purple hides?

labsandboxers
11-03-15, 04:57 PM
The biggest are the ones with useful prizes not just decorations

Haflaxus
11-03-15, 06:06 PM
If the prize is decorations, please make them animated!

midgetsocks
11-03-15, 06:10 PM
I said mostly crafting, some harvesting, cos you have to remember that harvesting takes up a lot of energy.

kdgulle
11-03-15, 06:37 PM
I actually think a good quest with different elements to be honest. If your having these events for lower level players as well a good mixture will help them out. For example say you want to do a 2 week quest you can ask neighbors for items but don't make that it's owned timed quest. Lower level players don't have many neighbors so ask for 10 items, instead of 40. I love to visit other kingdoms, we can visit community members, that's not hard, visit 50 community members not click on hearts. That is time consuming. Then have some rock chopping or tree cutting helps lower level players as well. We can harvest crops and make something. For example add a new crop like grapes, we can make grape juice, get grape juice while collecting. Then keep the grape juice and make a trade with water, grape juice, and lemonade. Most people get bored doing the same thing over and over. Collecting from one source hundreds of times turn people off. Switch it up. Don't just stick to harvesting and collecting there's so much more we can do in our kingdoms.

SpuriousNotion
11-03-15, 09:21 PM
I am choosing mostly crafting with some harvesting. When I think of harvesting events, I tend now to think of timed quests which seem excessive lately. I have a second lower-level kingdom which I have not had participate in any of the latest timed quests because it was frustrating enough needing to find time to log in and harvest things in my primary kingdom. I can only imagine other, newer players desperately trying to build enough things to harvest from in order to compete. Crafting events seem more relaxed and allows people to take their time, as well as allow more energy resources to be used on things the player wants to use them for, which is what this kind of game should be about!

stargaze91
11-03-15, 09:42 PM
If harvesting includes collecting from buildings ( an insane number of times) ,I vote for mostly crafting,some harvesting

Silverblade2015
11-03-15, 10:03 PM
The key is the reward. It has to be able to justify the work hard and time we put in. (Everyone know what I am referring to).

Honestly, I would like to see the type switching between events. Like one is more focused on crafting (less harvesting), while the next one more harvesting with less crafting, and maybe the following two are a good mix of both....

AND PLEASE POST THE FINAL REWARD AND WHAT IT GIVES AT THE START OF THE EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

midsom
11-03-15, 10:43 PM
I am not going to vote the reason being I think there is too big a gap in experience and resources between level 17 and level 50 and those that have been at level 50 for a long time for these type of events to please everyone. The lower levels struggle to get resources and complain the higher levels click a button and hand them over, finished and complain. There needs to be a complete rethink on the events, one that is challenging for level 50 and yet still rewards the lower levels. If you make something desirable players will spend money to buy it, that is good for the games economy, if no one wants no one buys it and you get the picture.

Please don't treat us like idiots, we know when you have made a mistake, own up and learn from it, we do.

totalwasteoftime
11-03-15, 11:18 PM
I like the mix! I just started playing last year - I didn't participate in the Halloween quest because I had so few resources but did manage to do the Thanksgiving Table which was definitely a fun mix of harvest/craft etc.
I also don't think you have to please everyone... It's great to offer a mix of updates that are holiday themed etc for everyone as well as story-line expanders. You may get complaints from lower levels grumbling if the update is the ability to level up to 60 or something you can do after completing "Sister sister" but those updates/quests can be more challenging because you aren't limited to corn, wheat, cottages and farmhouses, and for those of us who aren't there yet, we still have more of the game to play so shouldn't complain that we can't participate immediately as long as those thing will be available to us later on in the game.

Haflaxus
11-04-15, 12:03 AM
The key is the reward. It has to be able to justify the work hard and time we put in. (Everyone know what I am referring to).

Honestly, I would like to see the type switching between events. Like one is more focused on crafting (less harvesting), while the next one more harvesting with less crafting, and maybe the following two are a good mix of both....

AND PLEASE POST THE FINAL REWARD AND WHAT IT GIVES AT THE START OF THE EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! The final prize of the Trick and Treat event this year was a disaster and caused uproar in the forum. I wonder how long will it last?

vlspd
11-04-15, 12:15 AM
The event with thise THREE UNIQUE DRAGONS!!!! Was sooooo much fun!!!!!
And the bountiful table was an amaaaazing prize!!!!

figththefire
11-04-15, 12:21 AM
The event with thise THREE UNIQUE DRAGONS!!!! Was sooooo much fun!!!!!!!!

Omg! Youre right! I enjoyed that quest A LOT!
WE NEED NEW DRAGONS or other creatures;)

anissada
11-04-15, 02:47 AM
The event with thise THREE UNIQUE DRAGONS!!!! Was sooooo much fun!!!!!
And the bountiful table was an amaaaazing prize!!!!

hope TL repeats that one, due to circumstances i missed out..
and also the event that gave the loveshack will be much apreciated by lots of newer players.
if we are speaking about games economy.. the love shack needs to be in for everyone because thats a way to craft unicorns!

Iceglimmer
11-04-15, 05:00 AM
I like having a daily trade with different things to trade each day. Until cottages started dropping items last week (when it suddenly went from impossible to easy), it would have been nice having a daily trade for puddings. You can choose to do the trade if you have plenty, but it doesn't hold you back if you don't.

And I like having to ask my neighbours for things, but I don't like that being the thing holding things up, so it's good if you can make a goal step that says ask for 50 things, and do four adventures, so that you are expected to take four days to do it. It's the main way I work out who of my neighbours is still playing.

farmerbrown2010
11-04-15, 05:25 AM
I'm level 50 so have been playing for several years. I also really liked the dragon quest, - the dragons are animated, there is a variety and you can collect from them. I don't like getting just decorations - they go into storage (at least the orphanage gives coins) I could not get the little piggie cuz I didn't have enough gold nuggets so I don't like it when you have something with limited resources. Lower levels are still leveling up and so have different story lines to work on. I am finished with everything and would like something to work on. Do a story update (not a limited time) with a good prize at the end - (think bountiful table, cauldron etc) that the high levels could do now and the lower levels will know that they will work towards and it won't just disappear. I'd also like something I could spend all those coins on! Visiting neighbors and community members is fine - I love seeing other people's kingdoms.

katbtodd
11-04-15, 05:29 AM

Yes agree with you for sure !!! Valid point

hagypagy
11-04-15, 05:37 AM
The trick is to combine the harvesting and crafting ... to give people the option of different ways to complete the same task

Take this halloween event with the dirt puddings ... if we were ALSO able to craft the gummy worms and cookies in our kitchens to go along with collecting them from the buildings.

Also just collecting is boring as hell ... if you collect items that then need to be crafted into a larger item (like the dirt puddings) and then if you need to craft something with those crafted items
(example: dirt pudding + flour = monster cake ; monster cake + 10 milk = scary milkshake) - poor example but you get the idea
like the blythwood faries part 3 ... get the items from the adventures (harvest/collect), craft them into something else, craft the crafted items together.

The END PRIZE IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT , not what you need to do, or how easy/hard it is to do.
And what's with the looooong collection times on things recently??
essence pool - 12hr for water?! wtf?! should be 10mins for water drop
truffel trove - 24hr for 1 truffel?! wtf?! with a 24hr wait should at LEAST be a 1-3 drop rate

UnkelFester
11-04-15, 05:44 AM
We need events that are fun and worthwhile to complete, definately not like the last event... :mad:

The eventual prize needs to be either animated or to give drops that helps progress in the game. Progress to completing the event must not rely on random drops or the frequent collection of a arbitrary large number of items. The currently worthless Essence Pool and Orphanage have gone into my storage along with the items from the Equestrian Event and the Castle Gardens. The Vineyard Estate and the Romantic Gazebo drop decent items, so take up a useful role in my Kingdom.

I have only been playing for just under a year, but I'm now at level 50 with no quests left to do, and with only a few expansions left to get. I now need interesting events and further quests to maintain my interest in the game. I missed out on the early events such as the Love Shack and the Bountiful Table which seem to have been fun to do and which give valuable items.

As has been said lots of times before, the passion seems to have evaporated from the CS development team recently. Everything seems to be just thrown together without much thought for the players and only in mind of the "games economy". What's happened to all the cute effects in recent buildings, such as rippling flags in the wind and smoke coming out from the chimneys?

katbtodd
11-04-15, 05:45 AM
You got to make the rewards with all the hard work through the quest , less work less reward , long hard work better rewards .We seems to get more events then story line We got to get back to story line

cyndora
11-04-15, 06:26 AM
i disliked the sir hamlet quest.... because i felt i had to play it non stop , and then after that there was still a feeling you would not complete it. i never got sir hamlet and i am fine with that , but the quest felt like a mess. not fun at all.

your timed quests are horrible when they involve a rare component. just complete frustration.
i do enjoy the community quests, where everyone can get something at least for your hard work. but dont enjoy waiting for neighbor responses with quests. different time zones and other variables seem to prevent this.

any quest that is not timed is a joy, and fun to work at.
and liked mentioned before. please show us what we are working for, i dont want to give away all my resources and get a static prop that sits in my inventory..

thanks for listening.

8hat
11-04-15, 07:27 AM
The best event ever was the St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Pot crafting...you had to collect the three components from flowers but then you made the pots and well, ANYTHING could be inside. Low levels got a few things, higher levels could go crazy and make a bunch, some people kept them as decoration...it was the perfect 'play how you want to play event'.

And, the dragon event sounded cool but I was to low level then and didn't have the resources to participate. I think it was the dragon scales that got me because I didn't have a dragon yet at that time.

dragon2046
11-04-15, 07:29 AM
Loved the Thanksgiving table, witches cauldron and the winter bakery events. I find events are more fun when u collect and craft. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-04-15, 07:31 AM
I've enjoyed *most* of the events but reeeeeeeeeeally wanna get to the cherub-throne-thingy in the far SE corner!

Would sooooooooooooo love to see a re-release of the Love Shack quest and may have had a chance of that with the TL team. It seems all hope of that has been shot in the foot with the S8 team. :(

Since I've been playing, my top 3 events were:
1) Rainbow pots
2) 3 Dragon event (GREAT mix of things to do AND goodies fell from the adventures...was that same time as the treasure troves, too?)
3) Pink alicorn

Lyzau
11-04-15, 07:48 AM
What ultimately determines how much I enjoy doing an event is the value/relevance of the end reward. Harvesting or crafting chores is all the same to me. But we don't know about the value of the reward until we reach the end, so it's mostly hope and speculation that keeps me going through these events, not enjoyment. Unfortunately, the lack of "good" prizes lately has made doing these events less and less attractive. But one can keep hoping, I suppose..? I guess I'm hardly any different from a doggy waiting for a bone...

janddolphins
11-04-15, 07:56 AM
I don't feel these categories really define a good event. To me, it is something with variety, not timed, takes hard but achievable work, and adds to the story line or adds something fun and useful to our place when not story line.

For those that are timed, keeping it realistic for those who cannot check in all the time (I realize I am lucky here) and also no random drops in timed quests, for example collecting something from an adventure and some people get it first try whiile others may never get it.

Adding new and exciting things and themes are also important to keep the game exciting for me. I'm sure there is a lot more but that is some of the big ones I can think of now

OnlyOneRamoth
11-04-15, 08:32 AM
Why are the choices limited to harvesting and crafting? Yet another example of something being thrown together with little thought put into it. You are the developers! This is gaming! It supposed to be an imaginative, creative escape....and all that comes to mind is harvesting and crafting? Uggghhh.....

KandeeGameOne
11-04-15, 09:19 AM
Timed quests that require you to collect from a building every hour or two aren't doable for most people here.

napertown
11-04-15, 09:42 AM
Why are the choices limited to harvesting and crafting? Yet another example of something being thrown together with little thought put into it. You are the developers! This is gaming! It supposed to be an imaginative, creative escape....and all that comes to mind is harvesting and crafting? Uggghhh.....

Like so many others on here, I too am a level 50 player with 99% of everything to own, craft, and harvest. What I question is why are levels capped at 50 and why can we not expand? I remember was it was fun and challenging to expand and place all of our buildings and decorations to actually build a kingdom. Somewhere along the way, this idea was lost. I don't mind receiving decorations as prizes as long as I can actually display them But in the end, I won't. After all, shouldn't a kingdom have roads and trees?

I agree with everyone else that there should be a mix of harvesting and crafting. There is so much more that could be done, but allow us to do so. This is after all "Castle" Story. Let us build a kingdom. Faeries, Trolls, etc. don't really fit with the theme. An orphanage? Really? Let us build themed buildings. Let us expand. Let us craft horseshoes for our otherwise now useless horses. Let us interact with other kingdoms. Give us inhabitants. Why are there so many buildings and only a few characters walking around?

I can only assume you're smart and have great imaginations. But to me, that has all been lost. I play other games because the games and levels keep evolving and become more challenging. Those games aren't timed though so I can actually play when I wish. I'm not going to sacrifice my job, weekend, or vacation to sign in and click a building 1,000 times to get yet another strange object that has no use.

Just my 2 cents. I think you originally had a great game. I looked forward to building my kingdom. Now, I could care less. This is no longer entertainment, challenging, or a place to come to get my mind off of real life things. Can't we simply go back to the beginning and get back to the storyline?

Wonkaland99
11-04-15, 10:14 AM
A good idea to have a feedback thread, but it would have been more informative if you had listed the last dozen or so events and asked for a good/indifferent/bad rating.

I'm not fussed whether it's harvesting or crafting, it can be enjoyable or not, depending on how well it is thought out. Also for me completing the quest is the important thing, regardless of whether the "prize" is useful or not. Fortunately I still have enough room for almost everything I "win".

I have a few suggested dos and donts for the team, some of which may have been mentioned already.

DO
Have more untimed main story line events.
Have community visits and heart collections, not just neighbours all the time.
Reissue some of the older events which newer players have missed. I was very pleased with the summer gazebo and glimmerbat for example.
Learn from past mistakes.
Keep players informed at all times.

DON'T
Alienate Android users by having IOS only updates.
Make timed events dependent on random drops.
Move the goalposts during an event either to make it harder or easier.
Release ANYTHING without being sure it works properly.
React to criticism with a knee jerk extra reward.

camber16
11-05-15, 01:42 AM
As a 37 level player I would LOVE the chance to craft Alicorns and have different dragons. Maybe you could try and give us the chance, and the upper levels could have something new to work towards at the same time which would stay in the story line.
A good mix of crafting and collecting seems to work for those of us with other full time commitments offline. For instance, I am STILL working towards Sir Daisy but as there are no time constraints on him, Im not stressed about it, unlike the Orphanage which I abandoned as it wasnt doable for me.

zelmalena
11-05-15, 02:36 AM
I hate hate hate depending upon my neighbors for items. Many of my neighbors are on different time / sleep/ work schedules than me and many do not play daily. It's frustrating to miss something by one or two items because it's timed- especially when the items start rolling in two days later 🙁

kimberly0822
11-05-15, 05:31 AM
I don't mind harvesting and crafting. I get a bit annoyed when I am dependent on neighbor responses, especially before I can move on in a timed event. I get irritated when a timed event depends on rarely dropped items (think gold nuggets). By the way, what am I to do with golden apples? And purple hides?
Im with you..timed events with random drops are the worst..also events that require that you go on adventures and the drops are still random.
BTW, the golden apples can be used in the trade building along with golden eggs and nuggets to trade for gems. No use for purple hide but there are dozens of items in my inventory that there is no use for. Wish they would figure out how to incorporate these items into new quests.

kimberly0822
11-05-15, 05:35 AM
Wish we could buy more decorative items ( that dont require gems) that dont just depend on quests. Would give people a way to put some personality into their kingdoms. Buying gems with game money would be great too!

McZoll
11-05-15, 10:05 AM
It is NOT a question of more or less crafting or harvesting to make an event interesting for me and giving me joy.
It's the possibility to get new funny or useful items, buildings, decorations.

BUT: These rewards should also be better related to the efforts we have do make to get them. Klicking 10 days and nights stupidly just to get a simple decoration is NOT funny. They should at least be animated or useful and / or give rare crafted materials like trade tickets or gems.
Nobody needs Dogs and cats giving milk, or a coloured pond named something with essence but giving just some water and fish every 12 hours. That was never worth collecting all those truffels, living woods, glow worms and puddings.

burritosprings
11-05-15, 11:34 AM
The premise of the poll is self defeating. You have to harvest something to be able to craft correct? just look at what events were most popular and spin off something from that.

AnniePMH
11-05-15, 04:40 PM
The premise of the poll is self defeating. You have to harvest something to be able to craft correct? just look at what events were most popular and spin off something from that.

Yep, lol. Crafting is one of my favorite things with CS, but how do you craft without harvesting?:confused: Great updates: Pyre Cavern dragon quest and all troll updates. I would live happily without the community harvesting events, or at least limited to one/year...:rolleyes:

rembetiko
11-07-15, 06:30 PM
Actually, it is not a question about "crafting" or "collecting/harvesting" if I like a quest.

If I need to craft using lots of rare items (like gold nuggets), I won't like it
If I need to collect large amounts of some items (like 99 gold coins), I will get tired of doing it and think its actually not worth doing it
If a quest takes very long time, I will lose interest.
If the reward is not attractive (like cats/dogs dropping milk/wood/fruits or buildings dropping coins) I will not try very hard to get it

On the other hand, if the goal is reachable within a reasonable time (like one week or maybe two) and if the reward is useful and/or enjoyable (like a white alicorn or - yes, again, the love shack) I am willing to spend gems and make in-app purchases.

Wonkaland99
11-08-15, 02:04 AM
Just to mention that I love the monster hunts even though I am on Android and some of the monsters do not visit me. I don't even mind that with current progress it will take about 20 seasons to get the final prize.
BUT if S8 stop the hunts too soon and the camp is only then available with gems I will ERUPT.
I suggest that the final season (whenever that may be) is untimed to give everyone a chance.

ragingray
11-08-15, 04:07 PM
I voted a even mix of both, but i want to add, i hated the three unique dragons event, which was based on luck only, if you didn't get the drop you missed out. i didn't get the third despite putting in considerable effort, and although i had the gems i refused to buy it/the mats. i made it a challenge to get the events done with out large outlay of gems, or fail it. that is still a sore point for me.
A luck based event with a time limit was C R AP.
Another point is the neighbours request. Slowly getting a group of good neighbours so not too bad, BUT i would rather that on future events, we ask for neighbours help FIRST, then allow us to catch up for the rest of the event, NOT at the end when neighbours replies can be slow, that's also a big pile of manure.

Mandarinred
11-08-15, 04:27 PM
I loved the Valentine Quest with the Love Shack and all of the pink decorations and animals. Also enjoyed the St. Patrick's Day Event where we received rainbow crates of energy and Rainbow decorations. The community events are too difficult to complete with impossible goals for lower level kingdoms. Do appreciate knowing when the quest is over I can still complete the story line and obtain a building upgrade or prize at my own pace. I like having different colored animals (not just cats and dogs), different trees/flowers, and unique additions to our kingdom: animated objects, buildings that change in appearance with each upgrade, etc. I also like seeing the end goal in Stormie's kingdom so I lnow what to work towards.

rulerofjennyville
11-15-15, 08:00 AM
I like the ones where it is possible to get the prize. The Halloween dog and cat were just ridiculous - I had a huge store and still there was no way to get it. They need to decide - either it is a timed event and you don't need to collect huge amounts of items where it takes a long time for the items to be collected, or a timed event where it's items like corn that you can harvest in a rapid amount of time. And there should never be a rare drop in a timed event. No rats tails, no fur - those should only be for events that aren't timed. And I don't understand the point of the Baron's tent at all - you throw three cabbages and get a handful of coins or some wheat. If you want the main prize you have to spend money, right? Instead of six slots you have to fill it should only be three. It just seems like a complete ripoff to have there be no way to get the main prize without spending actual money.

:cool: Having said that, I'd like to get a chance at the reindeer stables and the love shack prize - I wasn't playing at the time.

atiragram
11-16-15, 02:04 PM
I'm always enjoying the monster hunts.

As for crafting or collecting, I don't mind much, but I agree that:
- you shouldn't be dependent on getting 15-20 of something a day from your neighbours, or there should be enough room to make up for it
- if there is adventures involved it should still be doable if you don't have a barracks
- in a timed event, if you need to do adventures, those should always drop the same amount of the required item, there should not be occasional or irregular drops - unless it's a non-standard adventure requiring less time
- I don't like those events where the new building alone drops something that is required to upgrade the very same building - but even worse was the stuff with the orphanage where in theory you could craft something, but crafting time was 16 hours so crafting was utterly useless
- and oh yes, the prize should be worth the effort!!!

BlackRat2
11-16-15, 03:27 PM
Please please please stop the timed events. Some of us don't live in free wifi land.

robotparade
11-17-15, 02:28 PM
I like an event that gives me a functional item; not decoration. I can buy deco if I really want it.

I hate events where neighbor requests are required.

But most of all I HATE HATE HATE timed events. I understand that things need to expire, but saying 'get these 50 things in the next 2 days!' is just annoying and makes me not play.

rulerofjennyville
11-18-15, 04:40 AM
I like an event that gives me a functional item; not decoration. I can buy deco if I really want it.

I hate events where neighbor requests are required.

But most of all I HATE HATE HATE timed events. I understand that things need to expire, but saying 'get these 50 things in the next 2 days!' is just annoying and makes me not play.

The problem with the timed event is you loose the items you contribute if you don't get all the items. The pumpkin dog and cat event really irritated me in that regard - I didn't get them and I lost a huge store trying to.

But I like the turkey animals - I got at least some so even if I don't get them all I will be happy. Their goals are more realistic. If you have to collect 50 items in three days from a building that only gives you something every day or so then I don't bother to participate. And I really don't bother if it's a rare item - those should never, ever appear in a timed event. Ever.

Someone put up funny pictures of yellow cows that looked legless as a glitch at one of their neighbor's. It looked to me like they had at one point released duck cows - maybe for Easter? I think bunny animals might be cute for that. But animals that you have to work that hard for should give rare drops, not just regular drops. They don't have to give them every time. And make the animals the same size as the other animals - I'm noticing these special items animals are pretty small. I can barely see my turkey chicken.

Oh, and they could give the animals reindeer antlers for Christmas.

PraxisOfGood
11-21-15, 02:53 PM
And make the animals the same size as the other animals - I'm noticing these special items animals are pretty small. I can barely see my turkey chicken.

That's because it's a baby. After you feed it enough, it looks like a normal chicken. Although I agree that it was tiny even by baby animal standards.

Personally, I liked the Halloween animal mini event. The materials were clearly stated at the beginning of the event, so you could tell whether you could reach the goal in 3 days before committing any energy or resources. The material cost was high, but the rewards were tent prizes. So in some sense, it was trading a lot of inventory for gems, which seems fair to me.

The quests that really bother me are the kind of thing that you front loaded the mystery party event with -- visit fifteen cottages then fifteen towers, then a bunch of marketplaces, then fifteen farmhouses and fifteen conservatories. That's either a crazy amount of time or it's a lot of time and a crazy amount of overbuilding in our overcrowded kingdoms. (Remember all the times we ask for expansions and you don't give them to us? :) And by "a lot of time", it's not just sapping the timer but also scheduling our lives about coming back to the game every X hours to babysit our visit quests. Think back to the orphanage event: that was a one hour timer to collect several hundred resources even before the heavy candy demands, and it wasn't clear until the very end that we had a lot of time to waste on that.

Tictoclolo
11-21-15, 05:07 PM
Strange. I can't vote. Results are desplayed but I didn't vote. But it's not a problem actually because there is no good answer in the list.
Like many players, I think that more harvest or craft is not what define a good event or not. The most important for me are the rewards we can keep at the and if the quest is really doable (without spending Gems obviously). A hard quest is not a problem. A undoable quest (like the Orphenage Event) is.

The Orphenage Quest of last Halloween is one of (maybe THE one) the most unpleasant Event we had in this game. Too long, too much fails (quest was just undoable at the start and had to be ajusted with updates), and a REALLY ridiculous reward compare to the hard work we done on it.
To the opposite, last year Halloween Event, despite it was not one of the easiest, was one of the most cool. The nice designed Haunted Mansion still have its place on my kingdom, even long time after the end of the Event and the different rewards we got (Cauldron, Haunted Tree and Cownt Dracula) was ones of the most usefull we can get during an Event. And I don't forget my favorite Event's reward: the Bountifull Table.

meme1098
11-21-15, 06:47 PM
Strange. I can't vote. Results are desplayed but I didn't vote. But it's not a problem actually because there is no good answer in the list.
Like many players, I think that more harvest or craft is not what define a good event or not. The most important for me are the rewards we can keep at the and if the quest is really doable (without spending Gems obviously). A hard quest is not a problem. A undoable quest (like the Orphenage Event) is.

The Orphenage Quest of last Halloween is one of (maybe THE one) the most unpleasant Event we had in this game. Too long, too much fails (quest was just undoable at the start and had to be ajusted with updates), and a REALLY ridiculous reward compare to the hard work we done on it.
To the opposite, last year Halloween Event, despite it was not one of the easiest, was one of the most cool. The nice designed Haunted Mansion still have its place on my kingdom, even long time after the end of the Event and the different rewards we got (Cauldron, Haunted Tree and Cownt Dracula) was ones of the most usefull we can get during an Event. And I don't forget my favorite Event's reward: the Bountifull Table.

Up in the upper corner it says the poll is closed.

EsmeW2
11-22-15, 08:44 AM
I know that this poll has closed, but I think there was a significant option missing from the list. The type of event I most prefer is one that I'm able to participate in. As an Android player this is sadly becoming less and less possible .....

rulerofjennyville
11-22-15, 09:02 AM
No rare drops during timed events. That is the main thing they need to stop. Timed events are fine but they can't include rat's tails, fur, prime cuts, or anything of that nature. That's the worst part every single time.

Chaotarch
11-22-15, 09:10 AM
Great updates: Pyre Cavern dragon quest and all troll updates. I would live happily without the community harvesting events, or at least limited to one/year...:rolleyes:

total agree:cool:

tvangstanke
11-23-15, 06:14 AM
I voted for "a mix of crafting and harvesting", but that does not really reveal anything new an useful. If mindless clicking was my thing, I'd go for Angrybirds or Tetris. What is important for me is the story and mood that unfolds in the game and in my head, that lingers like a sweet anticipation through the day.

I like events that bring me into the core of the upcoming seasonal spirit! Events that let me dwell in the anticipation and joy of growing, harvesting and preparing seasonal foods and beverages.
I also enjoy crafting seasonal decorations for the village. I love how my village comes alive when I'm allowed to dress up my entire land in nostalgic seasonal items.

I like the events to add up to a building, that will remind me that my Queendom took part in that particular event. Like the Kingdom Inn, the Reindeer Stable, the Love Shack, the Vineyard, the Pergola, the Pavillion, the Halloween houses etc. The decorations and buildings could be sold for gems for about a month afterwards, but after that the offer should expire and never again reappear. Reruns devalue having spent time on the original event I the first place. And they make me grow tired of this game I love.
- If you can make *anything* happen, why would you want to do over random stuff you've already done?

In general, I
1) like to do all the traditional seasonal stuff that I haven't always got time for in RL, and I
2) enjoy learning new old stuff. I love to be able to take part in myths, tales and traditions that are foreign to me, in a way that I really get a taste of it.

I have picked up a lot of details from the traditional American festivities from movies and games, and CS is doing a great job adding to this. I'd also love to pick up more "antidotes of normalcy" from around the world. Like the Taiwan Pingxi Lantern Festival, the Carnival of Venice, the Peruvian Festival of the Sun, the Russian White Nights Festival, the Japanese Obon festival, the German Octoberfest, a real Mexican Dia de los Muertos festival, a Chinese New Year, and also something Arabian with spices and teas and ornamented silk and all that.

I'd personally love for CS to take part in a Scandinavian light festival during the period of winter darkness. During the dark months we would build snowball- and icicle lanterns, freeze ice bucket lanterns, craft polar coloured candles, and decorate with various magically glowing lights all over town. We could build a translucent glowing Ice Hotel to accommodate friends from the north (nisser, vetter and hulder, riding on reindeers, mooses and polar bears) as we all gathered to witness the Suns great return to our realms.
We would serve our guests Sun Buns (sugar coated buns) and hot cocoa with cardamom, which is traditional for celebrating the sun's return.

So, I love the traditions, the sensuous, and the magic! There is so much magic in the world to explore, I can not think of one good reason to get stuck in a trail of reruns.

dragon2046
11-23-15, 04:00 PM
Off topic a little but new update in App Store for winter. Sounds like some Black Friday deals and some Christmas crafting coming soon. Love the winter log in screen. :)

kooky panda
11-23-15, 05:33 PM
Off topic a little but new update in App Store for winter. Sounds like some Black Friday deals and some Christmas crafting coming soon. Love the winter log in screen. :)
Please continue discussions on the current thread

Castle Story Winter: New Update (IOS) : Nov 23 2014 (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?86715-Castle-Story-Winter-New-Update-(IOS)-Nov-23-2014)

spchstew
11-23-15, 05:40 PM
I like events that offer unique items that we can get through crafting and harvesting crops. Pretty much what everyone has already said!

2joos
11-25-15, 07:02 PM
I like the monster hunt. Is it coming back again?

SpiritWind00
11-25-15, 07:04 PM
I like the monster hunt. Is it coming back again?

Yes! It should be back in about a months time (going by past season releases). :)

jessiefromshimerville
11-26-15, 10:51 AM
My kingdom is overflowing with decorations. A prize needs to have some worth after the event aka drop something useful

rulerofjennyville
11-28-15, 06:14 PM
My kingdom is overflowing with decorations. A prize needs to have some worth after the event aka drop something useful

I agree with this - I've put in storage everything that doesn't drop something. The only exceptions are the carriages and the gold tower because I like them.

Sandybellee
12-03-15, 02:40 AM
I enjoyed the latest Thankful Mystery Dinner event. I think it had a good balance of tasks and reward. It's great to have the beautiful table that actually drops something very useful - feasts! And then there are the mysterious sapphires too.

Thank you so much for this event! I was feeling like a second class citizen for starting to play after all the great events of the past but this event went a long way to restoring my faith that there are still good things ahead also for us newer players. :)

rulerofjennyville
12-03-15, 03:42 AM
I enjoyed the latest Thankful Mystery Dinner event. I think it had a good balance of tasks and reward. It's great to have the beautiful table that actually drops something very useful - feasts! And then there are the mysterious sapphires too.

Thank you so much for this event! I was feeling like a second class citizen for starting to play after all the great events of the past but this event went a long way to restoring my faith that there are still good things ahead also for us newer players. :)

I agree. I liked all the prizes from the Thanksgiving event, though again, no rare drops during timed events! One or the other. I also find that rare drops dry up when it's an item you suddenly need - I'm getting fur right and left but all my manitees/dragons are giving up is gold coins. As soon as I stop needing dragon scales and manitee whiskers they'll start giving again. Just like it was with the prime cuts. I'm sure they're doing that on purpose to drag the tasks out, which is fine if it isn't timed but annoying and impossible when it is. The next task should be a prize that gives either energy or one gem a day. I still like my peacock that gives one gem a day, but I like peacocks.

hagypagy
12-22-15, 07:49 AM
!! Thankful Mystery Dinner was one of the best events we've seen !!
It was then followed by the worst event ever!!! - Holiday Workshop =(
Now Happy Glimmer Year is somewhere in the middle

Thankfully Mystery Dinner was a great balance of tasks , well written , masterfully designed.
The reward was useful!! which is absolutely crucial to making an event work.

Happy Glimmer Year is fun cause the tasks move at a good pace ... animation is quite nicely done
Story is good but a bit mis-timed - should've come 2 weeks later and co-incided with New Years Eve
Would've been a better event if all the prizes weren't deco (having only deco prizes ****s motivation to participate - the final item should always have valuable drops - you would see a lot more real money pumped into the game by players if this was the case)

Holiday Workshop failed because putting rarer-drops into a random-drop crafting scenario, whilst in an event, is a tedious action.
The only place for a rare drop item is in storyline quests where there is no time constraint

EsmeW2
12-22-15, 08:25 AM
!! Thankful Mystery Dinner was one of the best events we've seen !!
It was then followed by the worst event ever!!! - Holiday Workshop =(
Now Happy Glimmer Year is somewhere in the middle

Thankfully Mystery Dinner was a great balance of tasks , well written , masterfully designed.
The reward was useful!! which is absolutely crucial to making an event work.

Happy Glimmer Year is fun cause the tasks move at a good pace ... animation is quite nicely done
Story is good but a bit mis-timed - should've come 2 weeks later and co-incided with New Years Eve
Would've been a better event if all the prizes weren't deco (having only deco prizes ****s motivation to participate - the final item should always have valuable drops - you would see a lot more real money pumped into the game by players if this was the case)

Holiday Workshop failed because putting rarer-drops into a random-drop crafting scenario, whilst in an event, is a tedious action.
The only place for a rare drop item is in storyline quests where there is no time constraint

Sorry, but for me the Thankful Mystery Dinner was the WORST event ever. It was IOS only, so excluded all Android users. At least we could participate in the Holiday Workshop, even though it wasn't a great experience.

Guardian452
12-22-15, 12:21 PM

By useful, I take it you mean something that takes more time, energy and resources to obtain by any other means available in the game, unlike a building that gives nothing but coins and/or water once every 12 hours.

mreames
12-22-15, 12:32 PM
Lol!! Exactly ;) and considering the resources it takes to get most of those items, the break-even isn't even always short term even when it IS useful.

By useful, I take it you mean something that takes more time, energy and resources to obtain by any other means available in the game, unlike a building that gives nothing but coins and/or water once every 12 hours.

rulerofjennyville
12-22-15, 01:47 PM
Prizes need to drop something good and look pretty in your park. The harder they make you work the better the drop should be. I still like my idea of a peacock that gives off one gem every two days. Alicorns and mirthril dragons would also be a good prize for a contest. I liked my turkey animals - they weren't too hard to do, they're cute and I can always use another animal. I liked sir hammy, though he doesn't give as good of drops as I would have expected. I even like the horse they made us collect endless mitts for despite the fact he just gives what ordinary horses give. NO more clicking around the clock goals - they just annoy. There was a great goal I missed that involved unique dragons-THAT would be a good goal to keep bringing back. I don't have a cabbage hut so I liked that I was able to get a dog and cat through the vinyard estate competition. They give off pretty good drops and are cute.

EBJW
12-24-15, 11:29 PM
Isn't it ironic:
In the results the lowest of the lowest is 'only harvesting', just 0.56 %. And what do we get this New Year's quest: .....

Personally I think it's boring, especially when half of our collecting-possibilities can only take place every 8 hours (that means 2x a day for me, mostly). Just wait wait wait till we can collect again.
And because of the 'only collecting'/collecting time many players like me mess up their kingdoms otherwise we won't make it. My kingdom is usually a nice, balanced town, don't like having 6 jewelers, 3 librairies and 3 taverns out (refused do take out more), especially this time of year, had to remove most of me new winter-deco. Na...

And besides this my other feelings about this event (the rewards, the fountainlook at level 5) makes me a bit indifferent.
I remember the good old days when we had to collect AND make, and I continued and continued long after I reached the 5th individual prize, all for community. Well, the last time I did that was a few events back, lately I'm glad when I'm done and can quit. I can't bring myself to that anymore....

(by the way: curious who the one voter is that voted for ' only harvesting' ;) )

joss1323
01-01-16, 06:49 PM
Happy New Year

Community events I've enjoyed (that I remember):
Halloween event1️⃣
Prizes included the cauldron and the spooky tree/walls/gate, etc.
Pros: cauldron gives out good prize, nice seasonal decos all around
Cons: none
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Halloween2️⃣
Prizes included the mystery table I think and the essence pond
Pros: pretty mystery table, smaller table, pretty essence pond
Cons: grand prize was a let down, love the table but I wish they could've made it give two feasts at once and made the other one give only coins or something instead of having to have two tables... Oh well I made it work
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✨Pyre tent✨
Prizes included the festival spire, caged pyre fly, sunstone path, etc
Pros: pretty deco
Cons: useless deco
⭐️⭐️

Barons aunts visit (I didn't fully participate in this one so I may be wrong on this)
Prizes included the pink pavilion, a cat and dog, vineyard stuff, etc.(was the filigree path/walls a prize in this event? I think so...)
Pros: pretty vineyard (filigree stuff?) bottle cap wall thing, pile o' barrels
Cons: Ugly pink pavillion
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I kick myself in the butt for missing this one, ah well.

Thanksgiving
Prizes included the thanksgiving table and thats all I remember
Pros: the grand prize
Cons: don't remember
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ For the table

That's all I can recall

SpiritWind00
01-01-16, 07:13 PM
����Happy New Year���� ......... (Extract) That's all I can recall. What events have you liked or dislike and why?
Looks like you've given this some thought :) there is already a thread about this though, so am merging with the sticky thread created by PikaSquirrel. If you look at the Update Guide (in the Hub of course;)), you will see a list of all events we've had.

PrincessCupOButter
02-07-16, 05:18 PM
I have really enjoyed the stargazer's ridge event. IMO, the perfect blend of collecting and crafting. With reasonable crafting times and resource needs. Plus, although it is timed, it's doable without having to log in hourly. Thanks for this one!

Britilina
02-07-16, 07:26 PM
I love Castle Story. I actually enjoy the community collecting events quite a lot. The quests that make me most disappointed are the ones that require farming. Not harvesting, but farming materials, especially ones that have a short time. Gives me a case of the regrets: "If only I had remembered to check this four hours ago, I could have had twice as many of this by now." But if it has a long craft/grow time, then don't require more than 15 or 20.

Personally, I have a full-time job and a one-year old, and I hate missing out on the events. Every time a new one pops up, I get sad because I know I am not going to be able to meet the demands and end up with decorations that will sit in storage (I prefer my kingdom to be utilitarian, as space is at a premium) and half-finished quest buildings. I would love the opportunity to finish some of them (maybe do NEW quests reusing the old buildings where the drops are the same?)

I want to echo the good end prize sentiment. Prizes that drop already crafted items (like feasts, or building materials or something) would be super helpful. Having multiple sources for special items (like the grapes for the vineyard quest or how the fireworks came from the markets) would be nice.

I do think for the game to continue you will eventually have to add to the full storyline, not just make periodic quests pop up. Add more land expansions. Cater to your loyal level-50ers as well as your new people.

Oh, and one more thing. If the quest you posted is more for higher-level players, tell me! Say "Level 25 or higher recommended" and I will save my items for a quest which is more my speed, instead of using all my items and flailing to try to finish a quest, then being completely unprepared for the next one that comes two weeks later. Higher level players won't be disappointed if they decide to participate in a level 10 quest and it is too easy. You could level the prizes, too.

NEVER EVER STOP THE MONSTER HUNTING. BEST FUN EVER.