PDA

View Full Version : Latest news on the street market

ecxtasy
11-01-15, 01:15 PM
Is the street market worth getting?

I have been reading the old threads and everyone in them seems really angry regarding the street market and saying it's not worth getting as prices are so high and then won't make money on the dishes cooked?

Is this still the case? I was more interrested in getting the street market than the garden and thought it would be a good investment during this cruise events.

Also I am level 18. Is it still a smart thing not to unlock cucumber and mayo when I get to them in fear that's all that will be shown in market.

I'm so thankful to all you higher players who post this wealth of info. Thanks you guys.

lorettasapron
11-02-15, 05:22 AM
Personally I think the Street Market is definitely worth unlocking, but only for the cruise events. The ingredient prices are excessive now, which makes it less practical to use for ordinary cooking, but it can be a life saver during cruise events.

Having said that the Street Market is only really effective when you have a large number of slots opened up. I don't have any numbers to hand, but I believe the part requirements for unlocking more slots are pretty low to start with, so you should be able to gain a good number of slots soon enough.

I'm not sure what the cause of the cucumber/mayo problem is, but I think it may be that given time they will stop appearing continually. Others might be able to offer more concrete advice on that front!

Oh, and don't completely ignore the Garden! It's your main source of Garlic, Herbs and Ginger, so should be considered too. Not sure how many recipes you have at level 18 though that utilise these, so it may not be that important a feature for you at the present time.

tuffyjkitten
11-02-15, 09:37 AM
I'm level 24 and I found the street market very very helpful for the cruise event when I needed things with a longer restock time like potatoes and green peppers. Yeah the prices are really high but it was better than spending gems to speed the regular stores. I expanded it to 5 slots during the last cruise event.

catfoodie
11-02-15, 10:57 AM
Is the street market worth getting?

I have been reading the old threads and everyone in them seems really angry regarding the street market and saying it's not worth getting as prices are so high and then won't make money on the dishes cooked?

Is this still the case? I was more interrested in getting the street market than the garden and thought it would be a good investment during this cruise events.

Also I am level 18. Is it still a smart thing not to unlock cucumber and mayo when I get to them in fear that's all that will be shown in market.

I'm so thankful to all you higher players who post this wealth of info. Thanks you guys.
As others I think that it's worth unlocking at least few slots. It's true that prices for ingridients are pretty high in there, but they come in handy a lot of times. Cruise events often ask for indgridients that have a long restock time and street market might have something you need at this moment. I also use street market in daily cooking because sometimes I don't want to wait til the ingridient restock and I want to cook the dish now. Most of the times you still can make a profit even though you bought an ingredient for a higher price.

Street market used to have indgridients for the same price as at the stores, but then S8 doubled or tripled prices so people got mad about it. Looking at this situation now I think that they had to do it because you have to pay for convinience.

Regardless mayo and cucumber - I wouldn't unlock them unless you have recipes with them. I think you don't really need mayo for a lot of recipes. But in general I think that street market tend to have a lot of indgridients that you just unlocked. But I personally never had the problem with indgridients that take over street market. Maybe the problem was fixed because I haven't seen threads about this problem in a while.

If you don't have recipes with garlic or basil or vanilla at your level I wouldn't hurry to unlock the garden, but at some point you definitely will need it. I remember that when I started playing I unlocked the street market and open 4 or so slots almost instantly. I know that back then prices wasn't high and street market was must to have, but even nowadays I think that it's pretty useful to have :>

cquinn32
11-02-15, 10:59 AM
The street market is worth opening even with the absurd prices IMO. Things like onions, sugar, flour ect.... I just don't seem to ever have enough of, even with all my shops giving 6 per refresh. So if you plan on mastering recipes you will need the market but it is definitely something you will utilize more later in the game when coins aren't such an issue.

ecxtasy
11-02-15, 11:32 AM
Thank you everyone I have opened the market and have 2 slots open. Haven't had anything exciting in there as yet though.

At present I don't need the garden for anything and lily drops so much of the garlic and basil at the moment which is ok. I will work on more slots and opening garden. Will research when I will get recipes that need ginger.

Thanks again!