PDA

View Full Version : Ignore

DeeDe99
11-01-15, 02:02 AM
Initially I thought they'd gone an hour early, but I was wrong. Double checked World Time Server and they were on time.

We need extra time to complete the tourney, us international players. This is not our sleeping time.

EnchantedG
11-01-15, 02:04 AM
i dont know where this notification came to you'll but i got to know through my neighbour. However, this is between battle, i hope they compensate for the time lost!!!!

DeeDe99
11-01-15, 02:09 AM
The Notification is on the Forum, but I think most people ignored it. It has been up for a while. Hope they allow extra time to finish Tales and Tournament. Americans may be asleep, but for much of the rest of the world, this is our prime playing opportunity!

EnchantedG
11-01-15, 02:12 AM
Exactly! for us it is Daytime and at the moment time is 13:11 hrs.
I do check "Whats New" here on the forum, as you had suggested earlier, but i still did not see any notification regarding the Battles or the Maintenance. God Bless Sam204 who kept me informed.

DeeDe99
11-01-15, 02:14 AM
Maintenance has to be done, no problem with that at all. But they must allow catch up time for international players.

The notice is here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85937-Scheduled-Maintenance-11-1-15

D_Raho
11-01-15, 02:49 AM
Even as an American, I personally sleep more in the day and I'm up all hours of the night. This is my prime playing time as well and I need to battle for 6 accounts(my family isn't as good at that, so I do it for them) and do Tales tasks for dozens. So it would be nice if we were compensated for time loss with an extension of sorts.

misha337
11-01-15, 03:21 AM
I'm an American with chronic insomnia, I play my games quite often after midnight EST. After a long day of halloween pumpkin carving, getting daughter dressed & made up, trek for treats, etc. I finally get a quiet few moments to catch up on my games. WRONG. This is after trying to find a McDonalds for a breakfast sammich & hash browns. NOPE. All 24hr fast food places are closed. NOOOOooooooo. Hungry belly. No games. No nothing. Now I've lost precious time in DS & FFS. Bad timing. So when I go to sleep & will lose that time ontop of the lost time from a scheduled maintenance. Not cool. Oh. Might I add, that last week, I lost all of my S8 mmorpg accts (that I spent almost 6 years building) when they pulled the plug on those. Feeling very bitter & snarky at the moment. Grrrrrr. Arrrg. Hiss.

DeeDe99
11-01-15, 03:34 AM
Misha, while I understand retiring games due to changes in technology and customer demographics etc, there should be some sort of migration plan/path for long term players.

zaccy678
11-01-15, 03:36 AM
Isn't the maintenance meant to have been over by now???

DeeDe99
11-01-15, 03:43 AM
No, about another 40 minutes to go.

SpiritWind00
11-01-15, 04:06 AM
Not long now! About another 20 mins. :)

Edit: back online now...

1985Leonie
11-01-15, 04:32 AM
It is an impertinence that they haven't informed the players with an pop up in the game, not everyone reads the forum every day!!!

And I use to say that the minority is here in this forum.

I lost a lot of progress, especially in the tournament, healing post and crops, I'm extreme pissed off. Who else?

rasike
11-01-15, 05:03 AM
It's not fair they were doing the system maintenance during a flash tournament! I lost two chances to battle and might lose a tournament because of that :(

VermillionPT2
11-01-15, 05:43 AM
It is an impertinence that they haven't informed the players with an pop up in the game, not everyone reads the forum every day!!!

And I use to say that the minority is here in this forum.

I lost a lot of progress, especially in the tournament, healing post and crops, I'm extreme pissed off. Who else?

It's funny you should mention the pop up in games, they used to do this. They were very good about pop ups for maintenance, retired items in games being removed i.e. dragon story, bakery, restaurant, farm. But that was the old storm8/tl. We'd (at least for android, not sure how iOS worked) get a pop up about 2 weeks or so before, to "get yours before it's gone forever". I wish they still did that, because I'm sure many that play these games don't even come on the forum.

kooky panda
11-01-15, 11:52 AM
Current thread on maintenance.
Scheduled Maintenance 11/1/15 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85936-Scheduled-Maintenance-11-1-15/page4)