PDA

View Full Version : Double fish weekend not working correctly!

jmterao
10-31-15, 09:29 AM
Woke up this morning to a double fishing weekend! BUT the Halloween baits do not work, every one of them I try says it got away and I need more gummy fish AND I am pulling up golden bass.

New event or glitch?

edit(KP)

I will flag this over.

++moved to Bug forum++

Thanks for letting us know! We think this should be fixed now, please force close and restart your game. Can you guys confirm for us? If you have any missing baits to report, please email support@storm8.com so they can assist you.

Triforce2009
10-31-15, 10:57 AM
I just lost four Halloween baits. This effectively puts the Halloween event on hold for two days for me and I'm one item away from completing the event. I needed the weekend to work on it. Thanks Storm8!

aviona0423
10-31-15, 11:06 AM
I got golden bass too! What's it for??

Rynetory2
10-31-15, 11:10 AM
I got golden bass too! What's it for??

The golden bass was needed for previous event. There's no use for it. Seems like it's part of the glitch.

flechesbleues
10-31-15, 11:24 AM
This is also happening for me - halloween bait coming up broken, and I caught useless golden bass with some other bait. How annoying.

kasumi2012
10-31-15, 11:46 AM
Me Too, 4 hallowen bait just gone. Now i must find the gummy fish the hard way, with newspaper and very much luck.
How come i must fish it on newspaper? Come on S8 you ruin my weekend entirely. :mad:

tromalyt
10-31-15, 12:36 PM
Same here, 3 halloween baits lost. No gummy fishes since the double fish weekend.

I completed the other two prize machines and I am only missing one prize from the second machine, but I cannot get prizes from the machine because I cannot get gummy fishes.

farmingNess
10-31-15, 12:41 PM
Same here, fished with 3 or 4 spooky baits (can't remember since I was so upset about it) and all of them said "it got away, try again." It's a little frustrating, especially since it takes an hour and forty five minutes to make plus you have to fish for the anchovies and make that bait first.

kooky panda
10-31-15, 12:50 PM
I will flag this over.

++moved to Bug forum++

TeabytheSea3
10-31-15, 01:01 PM
I came to the forum for the same reason. I had 3 Halloween Baits (not very easy to make with the amount of limited anchovies in the pond). Every one came back empty & said, "it got away." Very disappointing....it is so hard to get those gummy fish. Thank you Kookie for flagging this over!

nec912
10-31-15, 01:09 PM
I had the same problem, I lost 15 baits! ������

nec912
10-31-15, 01:10 PM
And I got Golden Bass also

addyg1128
10-31-15, 01:30 PM
Just checking in to say I've lost 3 spooky baits as well!

qunadrock
10-31-15, 01:33 PM
Lost six baits. I sent in a ticket before I came here. Super bummed since I only have the silver game left to finish, and I'm getting nothing but duplicate prizes, 4 straw witches, 4 lanterns, 3 times won 30 orange lollys, so annoyed!!i know dup prizes is just part of the game, but the baits not working make it impossible.

twin1718
10-31-15, 02:05 PM
I really have to agree with Teabythesea3....thank you for flagging it!!! It makes ya sick losing 4 of the Halloween lures just to see it say "it got away!" Now we lose 2 days of waiting for this double the fish event to end before we can even try again for the gummy fish!!! Thanks again for checking into it!!!

katysue311
10-31-15, 02:28 PM
Thanks for flagging as a known issue/bug Kookie. I lost four of my spooky baits and a friend lost three. After neither of us were getting anything, we've called it quits on the fishing for now.

Hopefully they can correct quickly and won't penalize those of us still trying to get our silver game prize!

greywagtail
10-31-15, 02:29 PM
Lost seven baits

FrozenTurtle
10-31-15, 02:56 PM
Thanks for letting us know! We think this should be fixed now, please force close and restart your game. Can you guys confirm for us? If you have any missing baits to report, please email support@storm8.com so they can assist you.

maz01c
10-31-15, 03:09 PM

No it is still broken. I have lost 5 Halloween bait and 18 gems trying to get gummies for my final item today. Latest in the last few mins before I read this thread.

FrozenTurtle
10-31-15, 03:10 PM
No it is still broken. I have lost 5 Halloween bait and 18 gems trying to get gummies for my final item today. Latest in the last few mins before I read this thread.

Did you force close your game recently? Make sure to force close and restart your app to make sure you start getting the correct fish. :)

TeabytheSea3
10-31-15, 03:27 PM
FrozenTurtle, I just tried the pond with Spooky Bait & caught 2 Catfish. I don't have anymore bait atm, but will let you know when they become available. Maybe other players will be able to report if they have been able to catch gummy fish. Thank you for looking into this & giving us the opportunity to report missing bait to support.

jmterao
10-31-15, 03:29 PM

I tried the Halloween bait and caught gummy fish. Don't know if the golden bass issue is fixed or not. Thanks for the quick fix (and the restoration of the baits)

driver1711
10-31-15, 04:15 PM
I had one spooky bait and only got 2 bass, so at least the 2X must be working. Probably is too soon to have missing baits restored. I have force closed and restarted. .

bss0226
10-31-15, 04:15 PM
Using the golden lure. Get normal number of fish. Not double. 17 anchovies, 14 catfish, 4 or 5 salmon and tuna depending on whether hot spot used.

maz01c
10-31-15, 04:53 PM
It's fixed now....phew.....after restarting my iPad everything was lost, but got to Dragon story, account settings, relogged in and thankful all my lost games from a previous restart, returned. Thank you for the returned gummy fish and some bait to comp for the losses. Was worried there for a while. We are in business again now! 😍

driver1711
10-31-15, 05:01 PM
I had one spooky bait and only got 2 bass, so at least the 2X must be working. Probably is too soon to have missing baits restored. I have force closed and restarted. .

Another Halloween bait finished and got 2 catfish. No gummy fish or restoration of lost baits. Boo!!!!!!!!!!!

katysue311
10-31-15, 05:18 PM
I used two spooky baits, only received catfish x2 and bass x2. I guess it is corrected, but still don't have my other baits and wasn't able to get gummy fish. Sooo... I am hoping I will get those other baits back as we are nearing the end of the event.

GNinjin
10-31-15, 05:20 PM
I just got 2 golden bass, so that's still not fixed.

sydna7
10-31-15, 05:32 PM
Lost 2 spooky baits earlier :(

Tried it now and was able to get gummy fish, thanks for the fix

kooky panda
10-31-15, 05:35 PM
I just got 2 golden bass, so that's still not fixed.
Make sure you force close your game to see the fix.

qunadrock
10-31-15, 05:55 PM
Thanks Frozen Turtle, the two baits I had left worked and I got gummy fish, do you know if we'll get our spooky baits back in time before fishing x2 weekend ends from opening a ticket ?

GNinjin
10-31-15, 08:22 PM
Make sure you force close your game to see the fix.

I did, still got the bass.
Haven't got any since then though, so I might have just got the tail end of the glitches.

jmterao
10-31-15, 10:03 PM
I did, still got the bass.
Haven't got any since then though, so I might have just got the tail end of the glitches.

Still getting golden bass. Halloween baits are working as they did before, sometimes gummy fish, sometimes regular fish.

nec912
11-01-15, 03:25 AM
Thank you so much for fixing this quickly

driver1711
11-01-15, 05:37 AM
Make sure you force close your game to see the fix. Force closed overnight and still got 2 golden bass this AM about 615 AM CST.

marylou15
11-01-15, 09:52 AM
I got 2 golden bass as well this morning.

FridayFarms
11-01-15, 07:21 PM
I got two golden bass a few minutes ago. Game has been off all day until a little while ago. Weird.

GNinjin
11-01-15, 08:51 PM
More golden bass just now as well

mymummy789
11-02-15, 11:54 AM
I think I will buy my fish from the market until this is sorted. I do not like wasting fancy bait.

FrozenTurtle
11-02-15, 12:17 PM
More golden bass just now as well

I got two golden bass a few minutes ago. Game has been off all day until a little while ago. Weird.

This should be fixed now as well. Please email support@storm8.com for further assistance.