PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Maintenance 11/1/15

PikaSquirrel
10-30-15, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone,

We will be performing maintenance on ALL games on Sunday, November 1st. Maintenance will begin at 1:55 AM PDT and is expected to last just a bit over 2 hours. Once maintenance is complete, all games will return online around 3:20 AM PST.

Please note that you will not be able to access your games during this downtime. Thank you for your patience!

mymummy789
10-30-15, 05:12 PM
Those timings do not add up, unless I am missing something. 1.55 PST is 9.55 GMT.
3.20 PDT is 10.20 GMT, which is only just over half an hour. I know from experience that the games will be down longer than that so can you please clarify? (Or tell me where my working out is wrong !!)

edit(KP)
Post 1 has been edited.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the TL time zone (PST).

Drachenia
10-30-15, 05:31 PM
Okay, thank you for the information :D

LonePudding
10-30-15, 08:04 PM
Those timings do not add up, unless I am missing something. 1.55 PST is 9.55 GMT.
3.20 PDT is 10.20 GMT, which is only just over half an hour. I know from experience that the games will be down longer than that so can you please clarify? (Or tell me where my working out is wrong !!)

I'm also confused (even though I'll more than likely be asleep during down time).

mymummy789
10-31-15, 12:59 AM
I'm also confused (even though I'll more than likely be asleep during down time).

Unfortunately for me, it is the best playing time - I wake early (in the UK) and everyone else is usually still asleep. I have events going on so I just want to know what time the game will be back in GMT.

anissada
10-31-15, 02:20 AM
Hi everyone,

We will be performing maintenance on ALL games on Sunday, November 1st. Maintenance will begin at 1:55 AM PST and is expected to last just a bit over 2 hours. Once maintenance is complete, all games will return online around 3:20 AM PDT.

Please note that you will not be able to access your games during this downtime. Thank you for your patience!

bit rude to do an update for two hours during a timed event.. but that's just my humble opinion

Bakerling
10-31-15, 02:55 AM
Thank you for the info. Happy Halloween to all.:)

anissada
10-31-15, 03:09 AM
Unfortunately for me, it is the best playing time - I wake early (in the UK) and everyone else is usually still asleep. I have events going on so I just want to know what time the game will be back in GMT.

http://www.timeandzone.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwzdGxBRC3rPWZq83FzyUSJAB9IC5ivJnf-gRrb69rYNcwglDVxl4DtArQ5bQNj7o6XiKF1BoCmxvw_wcB#.V jSSs2K9KSM timeconverteruse san francisco for TL/S8
in the netherlands that would mean starting 9:55 sunday morning...

Jewelnan
10-31-15, 05:31 AM
How wonderful for everyone in Europe(including u.k).maybe all the crashes will stop?that may make up for some of the hours we loose,but what about the rest of the time we loose?

fatmama64
10-31-15, 06:01 AM
So that I understand too. Maintenance starts 1h55min after reset I guess?

LonePudding
10-31-15, 06:50 AM

There seems to be events on several games at the moment, the timing could've been better.

mymummy789
10-31-15, 07:07 AM
There seems to be events on several games at the moment, the timing could've been better.

It always happens this time of year. I think they time it to coincide with the change from PST to PDT (whatever that means!!) which is probably why I struggle to work out the times where I am!!!

DeeDeeBird70
10-31-15, 08:44 AM
It always happens this time of year. I think they time it to coincide with the change from PST to PDT (whatever that means!!) which is probably why I struggle to work out the times where I am!!!

PDT is Pacific Daylight Time. that is what is in effect right now. PST is Pacific Standard Time. At 2:00 am PDT on Nov. 1 the clocks roll back one hour to 1:00 am PDT. There will not be a 3:20 PDT only PST so Pika has the times mixed up.
I suggest everyone plan that 1:55 PDT be the shutdown time which is just over 17 hours from now.

mymummy789
10-31-15, 11:53 AM
PDT is Pacific Daylight Time. that is what is in effect right now. PST is Pacific Standard Time. At 2:00 am PDT on Nov. 1 the clocks roll back one hour to 1:00 am PDT. There will not be a 3:20 PDT only PST so Pika has the times mixed up.
I suggest everyone plan that 1:55 PDT be the shutdown time which is just over 17 hours from now.

Thank you for explaining :)

FrozenTurtle
10-31-15, 01:54 PM
Sorry for the confusion! I have updated the original post. You are correct that the downtime will start at 1:55 AM PDT and end around 3:20 AM PST.

LynsoKevin
10-31-15, 02:44 PM
I'm in Scotland. Can someone help I have no idea??

FrozenTurtle
10-31-15, 02:58 PM

Downtime will occur approximately 11 hours from now.

LonePudding
10-31-15, 04:39 PM

In the UK, downtime should be from around 8:55am to 10:20am :)

kooky panda
10-31-15, 05:37 PM

You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the TL time zone (PST).

ClaresKingdom
11-01-15, 02:44 AM
Why why why is this happening in the middle of all the Halloween events and at a weekend when those of us who work for a living have time to play!!

I appreciate it might be night time in US but it's not here in the UK!! :mad:

orleansparish
11-01-15, 02:49 AM
Very smart to schedule this when there are timed events going on!

kat332zz
11-01-15, 03:00 AM
Why why why is this happening in the middle of all the Halloween events and at a weekend when those of us who work for a living have time to play!!

I appreciate it might be night time in US but it's not here in the UK!! :mad:

I wouldn't mind the downtime even if it is during the day here (I'm also uk based) but I agree that during the middle of time constrained events is not good. Do we get extra time to complete them?

anissada
11-01-15, 03:00 AM
Very smart to schedule this when there are timed events going on!

like i said before.. i call it RUDE , not smart...
disrespectful to dedicated players to do this in the middle of timed events.

anissada
11-01-15, 03:02 AM
In the UK, downtime should be from around 8:55am to 10:20am :)

netherlands downtime 9:55-11:20 as we are already in daylight saving time

tiggerstorm8
11-01-15, 03:02 AM
I hope they will compensate for lost time

5thAveNY
11-01-15, 03:11 AM
It's Daylight Savings ppl...Last year because of the fall back time..Ppl got double gifts..Maybe the only way they could fix the problem was to do." Scheduled Maintainience" But since they love Pop Ups...I would've liked a POP UP..Letting me know,I hope my food doesn't rot..
My games w no gifting are working. Lol..

magicgirl84
11-01-15, 03:43 AM
It's 10.40 and mine is still down? Maybe ours will be down a bit longer than they suggest? Highly unfair to do this during the timed event 😒

LonePudding
11-01-15, 03:43 AM
I hope it isn't down for too much longer, I'm running behind on a storybook and a cruise that needs to be completed by tomorrow!!

misty71
11-01-15, 03:52 AM
Not happy about maintenance during timed event. Need to complete quests and losing valuable time to gather worms & cookies to make dirt puddings. Especially as we need to make 55 of them. Almost completed it but come on guys are we going to get anything to make up for it. I will be really miffed if I don't complete this

mymummy789
11-01-15, 03:57 AM
netherlands downtime 9:55-11:20 as we are already in daylight saving time

UK's clocks went back last weekend so I am assuming our games will be back around 11.20 too

misty71
11-01-15, 03:59 AM
Just checked still not working��

Skeezaru
11-01-15, 04:00 AM
Hi everyone,

We will be performing maintenance on ALL games on Sunday, November 1st. Maintenance will begin at 1:55 AM PDT and is expected to last just a bit over 2 hours. Once maintenance is complete, all games will return online around 3:20 AM PST.

Horrible timing... Last hours of Holloween Event... I'm going to be cutting it close by hours, might not be able to finish it because of this... took way too long to get the orphanage to level 5. Guess it doesn't really matter since the reward is nothing but a regular pond -_- really wish I wouldn't have invested so much time into this now.

:( ...

A suggestion: please take into consideration current timed events when you are scheduling maintenance maybe???
There should also be an in game notice and count down timer...

mskazmataz
11-01-15, 04:04 AM
Pretty poorly timed given it's the final day of a cruise challenge. And I agree with a timer being added. The stock notice of "back in a few minutes" is very annoying after two hours. I hope you give people additional time to complete the challenge.

t8ertots
11-01-15, 04:07 AM
Hi everyone,

It would have been nice if you had told us ahead of time, perhaps in one of the numerous annoying pop-ups?!
Also, it would be nice if your message about being down for maintenance was honest. Instead, it states the game should be available "in a few minutes". I spent over an hour trying to play my games, then decided to check your website....only to find that "a few minutes" actually means 2-3 hours.
Thanks for wasting my time.

mymummy789
11-01-15, 04:10 AM
My games are back in the UK :)

LonePudding
11-01-15, 04:14 AM
My games are back in the UK :)

Mine too :)

mskazmataz
11-01-15, 06:12 AM
Still offline in Ireland. No way I can make up the time at this stage so please extend the challenge by a day.

bakerystoe
11-02-15, 04:55 AM
What is this i don't understand! Can someone explain for me?;)

FrozenTurtle
11-02-15, 02:43 PM
Maintenance is already over, thanks for your patience!