PDA

View Full Version : Device not compatible?

eldiri
10-30-15, 09:47 AM
The last two prompts I have gotten to download new games for gems I am getting the message device is not compatible with this version. I have only had this issue once before and it was corrected. My tablet isn't that old. Not sure why it wouldn't be compatible. I really need the gems. Anyone else getting this? It's on the Fantasy Forest one today and the Frozen something or other from last week.

Rynetory2
10-30-15, 09:53 AM
There is a thread on this issue.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85921-fantasy-forest-pop-up&p=1197983#post1197983

kooky panda
10-30-15, 10:15 AM
What specific device do you play on?

deekathleen
10-30-15, 10:30 AM
This happens to me also, on this current download and on the last farm story two one. I just got this tablet a month ago.
Mine is a Samsung galaxy tab 3.

eldiri
10-30-15, 10:38 AM
What specific device do you play on?

I am playing on a Google Nexus 7.

keio_b
11-01-15, 04:39 AM
happens to me also. it is not available in the Play app, only on www. of the 4 devices i use, only available on the LTE/3G device, incompatible with wifi only

eldiri
11-08-15, 03:56 PM
Looks like Bakery Story 2 isn't compatible either. So does this mean all new games won't be compatible with my tablet? I may have to just quit all S8 games then, as the extra gems for downloads was the only real source of gems I had after playing for over 3 years. Is there really nothing that can be done to fix this? Doesn't seem fair that certain devices are locked out for no good reason.

mergirl96
11-08-15, 04:10 PM
I also have a galaxy tab 3. None of the newer games storm 8 releases, like the 2 versions of the story games, or the more recent ones that came to android, work on it. What I do to get around the problem is just download the games onto my phone, a galaxy s4, which I think is around the same age as my tablet. I'm really not sure why games that are compatible on my phone won't work on a tablet that came out the same year.

eldiri
11-08-15, 09:00 PM
How would you get credit for the goals though? I have a galaxy s5 but all my games are on my tablet. The big concern I have is the gems for downloading the games.

mergirl96
11-08-15, 09:38 PM
How would you get credit for the goals though? I have a galaxy s5 but all my games are on my tablet. The big concern I have is the gems for downloading the games.

The Google play account on my phone is the same on my tablet. So I downloaded bakery story to my phone, and it's the same bakery on my tablet. Then I complete the goal with no problems. It's a very easy way to bypass the problem if the gems are all you care about. :)

eldiri
11-09-15, 08:14 AM
The Google play account on my phone is the same on my tablet. So I downloaded bakery story to my phone, and it's the same bakery on my tablet. Then I complete the goal with no problems. It's a very easy way to bypass the problem if the gems are all you care about. :)

Thank you so much! I was able to do it this way. I hate that I have to play any new games on my phone, as the screen is much smaller. But better than not being able to get the gems at all.