PDA

View Full Version : Mining Dragon: Garnet Dragon 10/27/2015

cocauina
10-27-15, 02:52 PM

Garnet Dragon - Gemstone, Red
19hrs incubation - Super Rare
200 Cut Garnets

Try to have all the 200 parts until November, 24th, if TL gives more time, we have until November, 27th or even until December, 7th, like they did with Azurite Dragon, were we had 5 weeks instead of the normal time, that normally is 4 weeks and sometimes, 4 weeks and a half.

Good luck everyone!

Xyn25
10-27-15, 02:56 PM
Finally a new mining dragon! I have 25 bombs ready to start :)

Sandybellee
10-27-15, 03:09 PM
At 46 pieces! Was waiting for a new dragon to mine for.:)

zyfazix
10-27-15, 03:18 PM
Why does it have to be cut garnets? Euhedral crystals are so much prettier

divanightclub
10-27-15, 03:26 PM
63 pieces of cut garnets for me so far.

Xyn25
10-27-15, 03:31 PM
Why does it have to be cut garnets? Euhedral crystals are so much prettier

I'm curious, what are euhedral crystals?

ndtrance
10-27-15, 03:35 PM
At 76 pieces for today (35 bombs I think so not a great ratio). I'll mine again when I max out.

freshfunin2008
10-27-15, 04:26 PM
Collect parts and pieces in the left side of your mine. Good Luck!

bakerystoe
10-27-15, 04:27 PM
I love this one! good one TL! so I can get it! so gorgeous

Idwasid
10-27-15, 04:57 PM
I lost a garnet already due to game crashing right as it is being awarded. I lost out on last dragon due to the frequency this happens. Is there a way to fix this?

mbyte68
10-27-15, 06:09 PM
I lost a garnet already due to game crashing right as it is being awarded. I lost out on last dragon due to the frequency this happens. Is there a way to fix this?

it happens to me still now and again , i find closing all open apps and then playin my DS and also not being to quick to rush the mining operation by letting animations and such finish

hiabarara
10-27-15, 06:13 PM

It seems to depend on your device. I play on a Kindle Fire Tablet (my phone will only open the game for a minute and then it'll crash) and it crashes pretty often which is so frustrating because I lose so many pieces. Or I'll win a battle at the arena and immediately afterwards it'll crash and I'll have to battle again (and mostly I lose then).
Basically you can only do what mbyte68 already suggested - Close other apps, don't rush anything, restart your game from time to time.

Mythdefied
10-27-15, 06:32 PM
36 pieces from 24 bombs. Not my worst, but far from my best.

roguebee
10-27-15, 07:01 PM

Rocks/Crystals that have sharp defined faces with sharp angles, the simplest being a cube. In terms of diamonds, think of the old table cut or single cut diamonds. Or the baguettes that sometimes are mounted to increase the caret weight of the ring.

owa411
10-27-15, 07:15 PM
45 pieces out of 23 boms. Not my greatest start.

DeeDe99
10-27-15, 07:17 PM
46 pieces for me so far. My mining s****s are lacking, as that is from 25 bombs.

DeeDe99
10-27-15, 07:20 PM

Play important features, like mining, only when on a reliable internet connection. Your phone or an iPad with a SIM card is not what I consider reliable for gaming purposes.

swannygirl
10-27-15, 07:59 PM
53 garnets from 25 bombs. Not too bad :)

Xyn25
10-27-15, 08:00 PM
Rocks/Crystals that have sharp defined faces with sharp angles, the simplest being a cube. In terms of diamonds, think of the old table cut or single cut diamonds. Or the baguettes that sometimes are mounted to increase the caret weight of the ring.

Oh that's interesting! Thanks for explaining :)

redstar177
10-27-15, 10:22 PM
I have 2 steps I usually follow to prevent frequent crashes:

1) Log in only to mine- don't feed, don't battle, just mine.
2) Only mine 6-7 pieces at time. Then close the app and log back in if you still need to mine.

Tedious, but worth it to prevent losses.

lindseyny
10-27-15, 11:46 PM
38 from 22 bombs. Not too great 😞

zyfazix
10-28-15, 12:42 AM

Euhedral minerals grow in an environment with enough space and material to allow it to grow in a way where the resulting shape shows what the internal atomic structure is. For diamonds this shape is an octahedron (two pyramids with the bases placed against each other), for garnets this is a rhombic dodecahedron (12 connected diamond shaped faces). Cutting has nothing to do with a mineral being euhedral
Earth science student with an interest in mineralogy :P

pernmagic
10-28-15, 02:03 AM
Not only a new dragon but more food ..... Hooray :)

Simdiva
10-28-15, 02:04 AM
Did ok I guess, it's been worse, 76 hits with 36 bombs. Had one give me four which is the best I have ever done, but on the flip side had one complete miss lol. Rather like this one as Ruby is one of the gemstones I use a fair bit. I am hoping that eventually they release a pink mining gemstone as I doubt I will ever get Quartz. I am having enough trouble trying to breed a the tyedie or chameleon never mind worry about another gem lol. I can't seem to ever get a rainbow hybrid and was shocked when I actually got sour.

hon3ycomb
10-28-15, 04:43 AM
Very pretty!

Xyn25
10-28-15, 08:10 AM
Euhedral minerals grow in an environment with enough space and material to allow it to grow in a way where the resulting shape shows what the internal atomic structure is. For diamonds this shape is an octahedron (two pyramids with the bases placed against each other), for garnets this is a rhombic dodecahedron (12 connected diamond shaped faces). Cutting has nothing to do with a mineral being euhedral
Earth science student with an interest in mineralogy :P

Wow, that's very interesting! How cool that the outer shape shows the inner structure, it's like a fractal.

rasike
10-28-15, 10:15 AM
Not only a new dragon but more food ..... Hooray :)

More food? I already thought TL increased the number of farms but no, they didn't. What do you mean with more food?

Xyn25
10-28-15, 10:35 AM
More food? I already thought TL increased the number of farms but no, they didn't. What do you mean with more food?

I think they mean the food you get as a bonus from mining.

Bastiaan0
10-28-15, 01:59 PM
62 out 29, slightly below average, but not too bad.
Probably no need to go for a second, being a gemstone hybrid and therefore not tradable.
But I will craft the second one if I make it to 400 pieces, just because I could. Still have enough space for dragons, but I won't hesitate selling it if needed, same applies to my baby Crystal.

divanightclub
10-30-15, 12:48 PM
92 pieces for me so far.. Almost near the halfway mark..

Good luck everyone!

Simdiva
10-31-15, 09:50 AM
Guess I'm going to end up with at least two even tho I don't want to, I already have over 130 garnets lol

WeskersDragons
11-01-15, 09:14 AM
For some reason I am still collecting Polished Azurite on the first hit in the mine and the Cut Garnet on the second. So I am only getting one Garnet per bomb. Looking at everyone else's ratios they are not having this issue. Anyone know what could be going on?

hiabarara
11-01-15, 09:42 AM
For some reason I am still collecting Polished Azurite on the first hit in the mine and the Cut Garnet on the second. So I am only getting one Garnet per bomb. Looking at everyone else's ratios they are not having this issue. Anyone know what could be going on?

The Azurite Dragon is gone for nearly a week now, so I guess you have completely closed your game and maybe even restarted your device since then? Apart from that you should definitely send a pm to one of the mods or staff members because that sounds like a really weird bug.

lenasdinner
11-01-15, 10:25 AM
Guess I'm going to end up with at least two even tho I don't want to, I already have over 130 garnets lol

wooow!! do you use golds??I'm no even half way,and can actualy use my temle when this event is on. how long this mineing will be on,when does it end,anyone?

lady_saphira
11-01-15, 11:07 AM
wooow!! do you use golds??I'm no even half way,and can actualy use my temle when this event is on. how long this mineing will be on,when does it end,anyone?

Usually about a month.

Bastiaan0
11-01-15, 11:33 PM
112 pieces and counting

DeeDe99
11-02-15, 04:47 AM
I just did 5 bombs and managed to find a whole 5 pieces. My mining is getting worse, not better. Sitting on 87 right now, but the Tales is slowing down bomb collection over the breeding chapters.

ndtrance
11-02-15, 08:22 AM
I just did 5 bombs and managed to find a whole 5 pieces. My mining is getting worse, not better. Sitting on 87 right now, but the Tales is slowing down bomb collection over the breeding chapters.

Why is Tales interfering with your bomb collection? It shouldn't...

hiabarara
11-02-15, 08:57 AM
Why is Tales interfering with your bomb collection? It shouldn't...

Probably because you need a lot of food and if you save up food you can't feed other dragons and therefore you can't evolve as many dragons as usual.

ndtrance
11-02-15, 10:00 AM
Probably because you need a lot of food and if you save up food you can't feed other dragons and therefore you can't evolve as many dragons as usual.

Oh ok. When I want to save food I evolve my babies or keep fails to evolve and trade/sell. In this way evolving from level 3 to 4 takes a few hundred apples max versus a couple hundred thousand. Tales is the one time where I like sunrise, poison, and island fails.

hiabarara
11-02-15, 11:25 AM
Oh ok. When I want to save food I evolve my babies or keep fails to evolve and trade/sell. In this way evolving from level 3 to 4 takes a few hundred apples max versus a couple hundred thousand. Tales is the one time where I like sunrise, poison, and island fails.

I do it the same way :) During the last Dragon Tales event I only evolved the two Tales dragons, so I missed out on a lot of bombs (but still got the mining dragon in time!). But now I know better how to save up on food and how much I need and everything, so I feed and evolve dragons with level 3. Didn't think about trading fails (I always sell them), but that's a good idea as well!

roguebee
11-02-15, 12:19 PM
I do it the same way :) During the last Dragon Tales event I only evolved the two Tales dragons, so I missed out on a lot of bombs (but still got the mining dragon in time!). But now I know better how to save up on food and how much I need and everything, so I feed and evolve dragons with level 3. Didn't think about trading fails (I always sell them), but that's a good idea as well!

I've learned the hard way to keep a few small gems in storage for Tales. Trading failed rares and super rares can be a win.

zaccy678
11-02-15, 04:05 PM

Not everyone can evolve at Level 3-4 though... I have to wait til they're at L7 to evolve.

So during Tales there's no way I can keep evolving until the Tales dragons are completely fed!

Jewelnan
11-02-15, 04:46 PM
It sounds weird that so many peoples mining s****s have gone down the tubes :-( .have tried to apply same method to both mines. More success for land than garnet.(145 out of 50 bombs) have even had some wipe outs! Maybe we all got rusty waiting for a new dragon :-)

hiabarara
11-02-15, 05:25 PM
Not everyone can evolve at Level 3-4 though... I have to wait til they're at L7 to evolve.

So during Tales there's no way I can keep evolving until the Tales dragons are completely fed!

What do you mean by that? Do you mean that you don't have dragons that you can evolve to level 4? Because I usually have one or two low-level dragons I can evolve to level 4. Either because I have quite a long queue to evolve or because I just bred a dragon I don't have. I hate to keep dragons below level 7, so I always feed and evolve them, but I still get new ones, even during Dragon Tale events.

kooky panda
11-02-15, 05:34 PM
What do you mean by that? Do you mean that you don't have dragons that you can evolve to level 4? Because I usually have one or two low-level dragons I can evolve to level 4. Either because I have quite a long queue to evolve or because I just bred a dragon I don't have. I hate to keep dragons below level 7, so I always feed and evolve them, but I still get new ones, even during Dragon Tale events.
When the game first came out, your first level to evolve was 7 , then they changed it later to level 4, but it was not a grandfathered change so early players only have the option for the first evolving at level 7.

DeeDe99
11-02-15, 05:56 PM
When the game first came out, your first level to evolve was 7 , then they changed it later to level 4, but it was not a grandfathered change so early players only have the option for the first evolving at level 7.

There are times when I wish that still applied. Two temples, even if the second was rechargeable, would be a wonderful thing!!!

I only have 130 dragons (including some duplicates I retain on purpose) and of those 44 are stuck on level 3, another 16 are stuck on level 6.

divanightclub
11-02-15, 07:11 PM
111 pieces for me so far...I really love this particular dragon, especially since it's also my birthstone ...(Garnet~January~Red)😄👍

larney84
11-02-15, 10:01 PM
111 pieces for me so far...I really love this particular dragon, especially since it's also my birthstone ...(Garnet~January~Red)����

divanightclub that was my first thought - I love it because it's mine and my grandmothers birthstone. Plus I don't have a gemstone dragon yet so this will be my first.

At 61 pieces I'm a long way off atm. I thought because I was new to mining that maybe my strategy would improve but so far it hasn't. It's hit and miss but possibly getting worse with a lot more attempts with only one gemstone per bomb since this dragon was released

DeeDe99
11-03-15, 02:27 AM
It sounds weird that so many peoples mining s****s have gone down the tubes :-( .have tried to apply same method to both mines. More success for land than garnet.(145 out of 50 bombs) have even had some wipe outs! Maybe we all got rusty waiting for a new dragon :-)

So it isn't just me.... Phew!

hiabarara
11-03-15, 05:15 AM

Ohh, I didn't even know that! Well, you learn something new everyday.

bakerystoe
11-03-15, 06:43 AM

Thanks for your advice! I am the players in the first game came out so I just can evolve until lvl 7! That pass a step so It would
be faster! But I can't evolve mine 3 times/ dragon..

Simdiva
11-03-15, 06:25 PM

Sometimes use gold when I want to speed breed but not for mining. Up to 175 now

divanightclub
11-04-15, 07:23 PM
I have made very little progress since my previous post.. Only 123 pieces so far, but I'll get there...eventually!

Simdiva
11-04-15, 10:27 PM
Just got mine crafting now two more days to a nest, went quick but really don't want a second.

DeeDe99
11-06-15, 01:29 AM
Divanightclub, you are still ahead of me - I am sitting on 117. The Dragon Tales has meant not many bombs. Back to breeding now, but this one certainly seems slow going.

I like this dragon too, so I want to get the pieces. On a chirpier note, I have my Amethyst Dragon crafting.

zyfazix
11-06-15, 10:48 AM
133 pieces from 59 bombs. Not in a hurry because one of these is enough

Simdiva
11-07-15, 05:02 AM
Well even tho I don't want a second one guess I will end up with it as a backup, the first one is off the nest and evolving now and I also won sunburst yesterday so I think I now have all the super rare gemstones unless there are some I don't know about. I have black pearl, Crystal, dark crystal of course. If I have missed any would love to find out so I can keep my eye out. I just got my jade levelled up and almost see,s pointless now to do pearl and finish onyx. Would love to see a pink one next!

ndtrance
11-07-15, 08:27 AM
Well even tho I don't want a second one guess I will end up with it as a backup, the first one is off the nest and evolving now and I also won sunburst yesterday so I think I now have all the super rare gemstones unless there are some I don't know about. I have black pearl, Crystal, dark crystal of course. If I have missed any would love to find out so I can keep my eye out. I just got my jade levelled up and almost see,s pointless now to do pearl and finish onyx. Would love to see a pink one next!

How long does this one take on the nest? Mine will be done crafting in the morning. Congrats on finishing and getting Sunburst.

Magnetic is a pink gemstone right? I don't know it's rarity though. I love all pink and black dragons and would love to see more.

Simdiva
11-07-15, 02:15 PM
Have used this dragon in the venom tourney leveled it up quickly to eight but had to use gold to do so. Was worth it for the great result tho.

Simdiva
11-07-15, 02:17 PM
How long does this one take on the nest? Mine will be done crafting in the morning. Congrats on finishing and getting Sunburst.

Magnetic is a pink gemstone right? I don't know it's rarity though. I love all pink and black dragons and would love to see more.

Not sure I've never seen magnetic. Garnet is nineteen hours in the nest so a long sit unless you speed it up. I didn't speed the nest but I did the second evolution.

Simdiva
11-07-15, 02:19 PM
Just checked in magnetic. It was a rare pink metal

ndtrance
11-07-15, 02:43 PM
Just checked in magnetic. It was a rare pink metal

Ahhh thanks! That makes more sense when I think about it lol.

DeeDe99
11-08-15, 06:41 PM
158 pieces and counting. More likely to end up with two Sweet Tooth than Garnet and I like Garnet much better.

divanightclub
11-08-15, 10:46 PM
164 pieces so far..slowly approaching the 200 mark..Can't wait lol!

Bastiaan0
11-09-15, 02:06 PM
Crafting started :)

DeeDe99
11-10-15, 02:39 PM
Finally crafting. Despite my best efforts NOT to collect unwanted pieces after I reached 200, you guessed it, I ended up with 201 on the last bomb I used.

Now I need to figure out a habitat solution...... Red Rocks or another Gemstone Prairie?

Mythdefied
11-10-15, 04:35 PM
132 pieces. Slow going this time.

DeeDe99
11-11-15, 11:35 PM
Finally. An egg. 19 hours to go.

divanightclub
11-12-15, 11:31 AM
192 pieces.. 8 more to go before I start crafting mine, which should be tomorrow night (woohoo.)

amerirish
11-12-15, 02:39 PM
We still have at least a week right? I'm up to 185 pieces (God bless my newly evolved Infinity 10 :) )

zaccy678
11-12-15, 02:53 PM
I need at least another week! I'm on 161 pieces :eek:

Sandybellee
11-12-15, 03:19 PM
Finally crafting this!

pernmagic
11-12-15, 03:22 PM
7 more to go ..... Hook evolving for tomorrow .....

Success dragon crafting at last this morning

owa411
11-12-15, 08:28 PM
49 left. Need to evolve some dragons. If I get 25 bombs again (at a 2 prize ratio) will get it by the end of the week ;)

Simdiva
11-13-15, 04:01 AM
I believe so probably till the 23nd, I'm on track for two and don't want it lol but the dragon is awesome anyhow, just unexpectedly got prism woot!

divanightclub
11-13-15, 06:28 AM
Finally crafting mine now...Now the task of saving up 25 more bombs for the new mine dragon!

swannygirl
11-13-15, 12:56 PM
Egg is on the nest and it is beautiful :D

devlinholics
11-14-15, 06:00 PM
I just reach lvl45 so I Guess I pretty much too late for this dragon...

It is better to just save n keep my bombs right? or if there is a time given for this dragon yet?

DeeDe99
11-14-15, 06:04 PM
I just reach lvl45 so I Guess I pretty much too late for this dragon...

It is better to just save n keep my bombs right? or if there is a time given for this dragon yet?

Save your bombs would be my advice OR get as much as you can and buy the remaining pieces in the Spell Shop before the deadline if you really like the dragon.

Like you, I reached mining level near the end of a mining dragon run and tiredly desperately to get the pieces in time. The next one you will get easily.

devlinholics
11-14-15, 06:55 PM
Save your bombs would be my advice OR get as much as you can and buy the remaining pieces in the Spell Shop before the deadline if you really like the dragon.

Like you, I reached mining level near the end of a mining dragon run and tiredly desperately to get the pieces in time. The next one you will get easily.

Sweet tooth is in spell shop for 3days :( think she be out finally today... I look at the parts later, this dragon design is pretty neat... If it is not expensive to buy...

Thanks DD99 for the advise you are awesome always :)

DeeDe99
11-14-15, 07:11 PM
The more pieces you have the less it costs, I.e. You pay per piece for what you are short.

:) Thank you for sweet compliment.

hiabarara
11-15-15, 03:43 AM
Sweet tooth is in spell shop for 3days :( think she be out finally today... I look at the parts later, this dragon design is pretty neat... If it is not expensive to buy...

Thanks DD99 for the advise you are awesome always :)

DeeDe99's advice to buy the pieces in the Speel Shop is not bad, but one time I calculated if it would be cheaper to buy the pieces or buy more bombs and I think bombs were cheaper. Unfortunately I can't check it right now because I'm not in-game, but you should check this out. Expect ~ three pieces for every bomb and maybe you or someone else can do the math. I just don't want you to waste more gold than necessary :)

DeeDe99
11-15-15, 04:13 AM
Good point, Hiabarara although I think 3 pieces per bomb is ambitious for many players. Still worth calculating. Buying from the Spell Shop is a known outlay, while buying bombs is a gamble. Depends on the player's mining s****. Mine isn't as good as yours! :)

zyfazix
11-16-15, 11:44 AM
Will start crafting in a few days. Got 200 pieces from 88 bombs which I think is one of my best scores so far

Bastiaan0
11-16-15, 12:59 PM
Finally crafting. Despite my best efforts NOT to collect unwanted pieces after I reached 200, you guessed it, I ended up with 201 on the last bomb I used.
Guess you'll have to find another 199 pieces and craft a second Garnet :p

DeeDe99's advice to buy the pieces in the Speel Shop is not bad, but one time I calculated if it would be cheaper to buy the pieces or buy more bombs and I think bombs were cheaper. Unfortunately I can't check it right now because I'm not in-game, but you should check this out. Expect ~ three pieces for every bomb and maybe you or someone else can do the math. I just don't want you to waste more gold than necessary :)

Good point, Hiabarara although I think 3 pieces per bomb is ambitious for many players. Still worth calculating. Buying from the Spell Shop is a known outlay, while buying bombs is a gamble. Depends on the player's mining s****. Mine isn't as good as yours! :)
I like math...
I average at about 2,2 pieces per bomb, but lets round that down to 2 in case you have a bad day. You can buy 10 bombs for 40 gold, which would give 20 pieces, so every piece costs 2 gold. In the spell shop you pay 6 gold per piece, so buying bombs is cheaper, even if you're a bad miner!

Oh, btw, I'm now at 89 pieces for the second dragon, first one is epic and living peacefully together with Onyx ;)

DeeDe99
11-16-15, 03:36 PM
Bastiaan0 thanks for the calcs! No, I did not go for a second - can't be traded, not worth the effort. Have 25 bombs waiting for the change over to a new dragon and Infinity to evolve. I got two of the Arena dragon and can't do anything with that either! I didn't investigate the breeding possibilities - thought I could breed the two together and get another Fairytale. Not so. Trap for new players!

devlinholics
11-16-15, 04:38 PM
I do not know if this is a better method? I choose to evolve dragons since I have lots of lvl 6 & 3 lining up... 4hours gives me 1bomb so I spend 4gold gets me 1bomb n I can get dragons lvl up.

Btw is there a cap on bombs? coz I am sitting at 18. So average I should get 36parts. I have not mine yet.

DeeDe99
11-16-15, 05:02 PM
Devlinholics, you can hold 25 bombs in storage. Once you have 25, you do not receive any more until you are under 25 again.

I've been doing a lot of evolving of babies to trade off dups with the boosted breeding weekend and I'm not getting any bombs because I am already sitting on 25.

Oh, and I like your method!

devlinholics
11-16-15, 08:33 PM
Oh, and I like your method!

Ya it is the same as buying bombs n can evolve dragons on the Long line We had, I made a list with 4,8,12 & 20hrs dragons evolve. 25 max I got no choice but to play mining than...

If this dragon expire when I had 120+ parts, that is another decision I got to make to spend gold on parts since it is gurentee, but if I have less than 100parts before it expire lol I just blame it on my poor judgment on mining, no pressure atm since it is a free dragon

DeeDe99
11-16-15, 08:40 PM
Devlinholics, I just edited my post to make it clearer. The way I worded it, when I looked back, made it sound as if you had to use all 25. You don't you just have to be under 25 to get more bombs. The max you can hold is 25. Sorry for any confusion, I worded the original badly!

devlinholics
11-16-15, 08:54 PM
DD99 u explain very clearly I HAD 18bombs on my storage I use them all btw because my diamond 44hr is evolving soon so it should net me another 11bombs .... If I remain 18bombs only 4 bombs would be waste btw

You been a great help for explaining that

lenasdinner
11-18-15, 09:05 AM
Finaly my dragon is craftin from today! I made it,that's most importent.0 gold use!

owa411
11-18-15, 10:36 AM
Crafting mine now. Did take a while this time...

Mythdefied
11-18-15, 10:52 PM
On the nest now.

zyfazix
11-19-15, 02:21 AM
Sweet Tooth is on the nest, this one started crafting

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 02:49 AM
When are we getting a new mining dragon? I have itchy fingers waiting.

lady_saphira
11-19-15, 05:01 AM

They usually last about a month to a month and a few days, so I'd say about a week to ten days probably.

My guess is either this coming up Tuesday or the following Tuesday.

roguebee
11-19-15, 09:25 AM

Based on the date released, there is a reasonable chance that we could see a pop up tomorrow announcing expiration next Tuesday (that would be 28 days). However, 4 of last 5 dragons were available 30+ days, which could imply that a week from tomorrow may be realistic.

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 03:01 PM
They usually last about a month to a month and a few days, so I'd say about a week to ten days probably.

My guess is either this coming up Tuesday or the following Tuesday.

Based on the date released, there is a reasonable chance that we could see a pop up tomorrow announcing expiration next Tuesday (that would be 28 days). However, 4 of last 5 dragons were available 30+ days, which could imply that a week from tomorrow may be realistic.

Thanks. I guess I sit on my bombs for a while longer....

ndtrance
11-19-15, 06:32 PM
Thanks. I guess I sit on my bombs for a while longer....

Lol I swore up and down it was expiring this past Tuesday. I prepped for it and everything. Guess you're not the only one with itchy fingers! I realized later that it was Sweet Tooth expiring and not this one. Oh well.

Good luck to everyone still working on this one!

Simdiva
11-20-15, 12:51 PM
I wish it had now I have 200 parts again and pretty much have to craft as I still have ten bombs sitting there with Anubis sitting on the temple do I'm screwed and not in a good way and oh with tales starting and a gold diamond on the nest And a new gold dragon on the nest I guess some would like my predicament. Plus an angel about to come off but very tempted to sell as its my fourth but not overloaded in coins so I guess he stays for now at least till I'm done with Arctic.

Thankfully the end is coming the ten bombs I currently have can stay and I will start tales late I guess. Probably no food in the quests since I just started craving garnet number two and there are at least three quest items for crafting just like last time. I will miss magics food contributions!

Simdiva
11-20-15, 01:14 PM
The notice just came out shoukd be Tuesday afternoon

ndtrance
11-20-15, 02:17 PM
I wish it had now I have 200 parts again and pretty much have to craft as I still have ten bombs sitting there with Anubis sitting on the temple do I'm screwed and not in a good way and oh with tales starting and a gold diamond on the nest And a new gold dragon on the nest I guess some would like my predicament. Plus an angel about to come off but very tempted to sell as its my fourth but not overloaded in coins so I guess he stays for now at least till I'm done with Arctic.

Thankfully the end is coming the ten bombs I currently have can stay and I will start tales late I guess. Probably no food in the quests since I just started craving garnet number two and there are at least three quest items for crafting just like last time. I will miss magics food contributions!

Wow I actually have a similar problem. I thought Garnet was expiring and I evolved Anubis in anticipation to get the extra bombs. Now they're wasted. It's still sitting in the temple but with Dragon Tales we have to evolve the first dragon to level 4 for day two. I did just breed another diamond however and I guess I'll try to evolve it on Sunday night to prep for the next mining dragon.

If you can hold off on doing Dragon Tales for a few days you can leave Anubis in the temple until the new dragon is released. This will also give you time to get your nests free from diamonds. Or you can take the loss of bombs and evolve another one of your diamond hybrids in a few days.

lindseyny
11-20-15, 03:31 PM
Started crafting mine today! My nests are totally packed so it will just have to sit there for awhile, but at least I got it in time!

roguebee
11-20-15, 03:42 PM

Pop up announcing end of Garnet Dragon

DeeDe99
11-20-15, 04:43 PM
Started crafting mine today! My nests are totally packed so it will just have to sit there for awhile, but at least I got it in time!

Watch out that doesn't clash with any crafting requirements for the Tales.....

DeeDe99
11-20-15, 04:45 PM
I've got 25 bombs waiting to be used, Infinity to evolve and now Unicorn as well. But the Tales will mean VERY careful planning of evolutions over the next few days.

lindseyny
11-20-15, 05:45 PM
Watch out that doesn't clash with any crafting requirements for the Tales.....

Thanks! I've been feeding all my dragons so I need to wait a fews days to start so I can build my food reserve back up. Should be clear by then! =)

Simdiva
11-20-15, 06:59 PM
Got the angel off and not breeding nothing till we have to lol. I think gold comes off tomorrow, and I can safely take Anubis off without crashing bombs. Once I see the tales stuff and evolve the beast to hopefully seven if no feeding tasks will throw gold in and let it sit. So that's the plan but best plans are usually messed up lol. And I really didn't want that second garnet lol. Have not even epiced the first one yet although it's on nine and it's a handy dragon for sure.

DeeDe99
11-20-15, 07:06 PM
My Garnet is still on level 4, Simdiva. I've been evolving stuff to trade, so he is in the queue. *sigh*

MsMelanieMonster
11-21-15, 04:39 PM
Does the dragon have to be made in the spell shop or on the nest before the deadline?
Or do you just have to have the gems?
This will be the first one I've gotten... only need 12 more gems so I will make it happen! (Hopefully)
Thanks in advance!

roguebee
11-21-15, 05:12 PM
having the gems isn't enough. You have to start crafting the dragon before it expires in the Spell Shop. Doesn't have to be finished and on the nest.

lnztrekfan
11-22-15, 01:12 PM
Is there a set number of gems that you get for evolving dragons? Like if I evolve a common dragon I get lower number of bombs than evolving a super rare dragon? Thank you for any help.

hiabarara
11-22-15, 01:19 PM
Is there a set number of gems that you get for evolving dragons? Like if I evolve a common dragon I get lower number of bombs than evolving a super rare dragon? Thank you for any help.

No, the rarity doesn't matter. The important thing is the evolution time - The longer a dragon needs to evolve, the more bombs you'll get.

lauraleighashby
11-22-15, 01:56 PM

I think you get one bomb for every four hours of evolution time.

lnztrekfan
11-22-15, 03:43 PM
I think you get one bomb for every four hours of evolution time.

Thank you lauraleighashby! This definitely clears things up for me! :)

lnztrekfan
11-22-15, 03:44 PM
No, the rarity doesn't matter. The important thing is the evolution time - The longer a dragon needs to evolve, the more bombs you'll get.

Thank you hiabarara! I was a little confused as to why I was getting different amounts!

jao1961
11-22-15, 04:30 PM
Have you tried clearing your app cache? Also browsing history and running a cleaner maybe?

PrincessCouture2014
11-23-15, 08:54 AM
I am hating my game now. its been 2/3 days whenever I am at mine my game crashes down.sometimes when I just click on "Mine" and sometimes during mining. I have lost so many bombs coz of it. was facing the sudden closing of game since some time but it wasn't this bad. The game closes when I m trying to plant crops, it closes when I m putting dragons to breed, it will close in arena and mine. Strangely the game works fine when I am collcting couns or mining fkr expension. I have only 150 pieces n have only 7 bombs right now

lady_saphira
11-23-15, 09:23 AM
Trying to decide on this one...I'm 37 pieces short with no bombs and a long list to evolve. I'm not absolutely crazy about it but it ****s me to be so close. 200+ gold to buy the remaining pieces or can speed evolve for gold for more bombs. I'd need at least 30-35 bombs as I'm not consistent enough to hope for 2 pieces per bomb every time. I just got too busy to be in the mine too much. Ugh... What to do?

zyfazix
11-23-15, 09:25 AM
I am hating my game now. its been 2/3 days whenever I am at mine my game crashes down.sometimes when I just click on "Mine" and sometimes during mining. I have lost so many bombs coz of it. was facing the sudden closing of game since some time but it wasn't this bad. The game closes when I m trying to plant crops, it closes when I m putting dragons to breed, it will close in arena and mine. Strangely the game works fine when I am collcting couns or mining fkr expension. I have only 150 pieces n have only 7 bombs right now

Are you on the most recent update of the game? That version seems to have a lot of issues even though they say it has bug fixes and improved performance.
Other things that could work are restarting your device or downloading the Halloween version of the game, that one works. I'm not going to say it works fine, but it works for what I've come to expect from Storm8

Usually I can use 6 bombs after restarting. Just to be safe I stick to 5

Sumercarefree
11-23-15, 08:45 PM
Hard for me to get this Dragon in my main account, because not enough time. Also cant get any new habitats. Lucky not crazy about it.

For the other 2 junior Accounts it is fine as Dragons evolve at Lvl 4.

AliceWinter24
11-24-15, 01:59 AM
The timer on this dragon has been changed :O I have a virtue dragon in the evolution temple, so I'm getting a number of bombs in a little over 8 hours, but now that is suddenly too late. I checked it very carefully, so that I would still have time. The hour that has now been cut, was very important to me ...

hiabarara
11-24-15, 03:04 AM
The timer on this dragon has been changed :O I have a virtue dragon in the evolution temple, so I'm getting a number of bombs in a little over 8 hours, but now that is suddenly too late. I checked it very carefully, so that I would still have time. The hour that has now been cut, was very important to me ...

What do you mean? Do you mean the crafting time has changed or how much time we have to find the pieces? Because my timer says we still have 8 hours left.

PrincessCouture2014
11-24-15, 03:19 AM
Are you on the most recent update of the game? That version seems to have a lot of issues even though they say it has bug fixes and improved performance.
Other things that could work are restarting your device or downloading the Halloween version of the game, that one works. I'm not going to say it works fine, but it works for what I've come to expect from Storm8

Usually I can use 6 bombs after restarting. Just to be safe I stick to 5

thank you for the suggestion hun! Gonna do just that. won't b able to craft this one. I have Ruby dragon though feeling sad for using my last 25 bombs or should I say wasting them as most of them weren't used for the purpose. But will do as u suggested for next one.

chic4stylin
11-24-15, 03:05 PM
OMG!!! I tried so hard to get this one...not only was she beautiful, but garnet is my birthstone. I was about 25 short on both accounts because I'm fighting breast cancer & sometimes I just don't feel well enough to get on & play like you have to in order to get time limited things :( I was even willing enough to spend money to finish off what I needed to get her, but today was a bad day for me..sick wise, so I didn't get to log on until just a little bit ago..immediately went to the mine after evolving the last dragon I put on there only to find it had expired. :'( To say I'm heartbroken is the least...I'm also pissed! I feel we should get more bombs than we get for evolving..I can't remember which dragon I was evolving or how many hours it was, but I only got TWO bombs for it! I mean, come on! TWO bombs?! Why can't we have a bomb for every hour?! That would be MUCH fairer considering most people can't play this game 24/7! Give those of us who have a REAL life as much of a chance as those who are able to play it full time...wait, I didn't mean that as it might have come across...I just meant, I know there are people who are able to play the game all the time, but reality is most people can't do that. Please just make the game fairer to people who can't play it constantly! I've also been trying for forever to get Aquarius on my main acct...got her pretty early on my 2nd, but haven't been able to on my main acct. :( TL/S8, you guys put so many things so far out of reach for your average player that it's silly! You're cutting your noses off to spite your faces...you'd actually get a lot more money if you'd lower the prices on everything that we can spend money on in this game! Oh...and I just got notified of ALL the things you have for sale during the Black Friday event, which is great...but, then you need to give each & every player a gold sale that ALSO lasts through the entire event! Just my opinion as one of your long time players & someone who, for whatever reasons, has an outside life & can't play your game 24/7 or somewhere close to that...who doesnt have several hundred thousand in food store up because I can't check in every hour or so, etc.!

freshfunin2008
11-24-15, 04:55 PM
boy this dragon was around for 28 days and it felt like it was months. Move on out and make way for the new one.

guinnatar
11-30-15, 02:48 PM
I had reached 200 garnets just before the newest story began and I decided to wait to craft my dragon since I figured I'd need to craft things for the story. Well, now that the story is over, I went to craft my garnet dragon but I'm not offered the option. That seems unbelievably unfair since the story just ended. Is there any way I can still craft the garnet dragon?

freshfunin2008
11-30-15, 02:54 PM
You must craft that dragon before it expires. Usually there is only a hour or 2 grace period. But you can always email support and hope they say something different. Good luck

edd2309
11-30-15, 03:41 PM
I had reached 200 garnets just before the newest story began and I decided to wait to craft my dragon since I figured I'd need to craft things for the story. Well, now that the story is over, I went to craft my garnet dragon but I'm not offered the option. That seems unbelievably unfair since the story just ended. Is there any way I can still craft the garnet dragon?

You had to craft 4 things(edit: sorry, 5 things). You had plenty of time to craft the dragon. You use the forum so you should've known what needed to be crafted. Better luck next time

kooky panda
12-01-15, 09:15 AM
I am sorry but since the option to craft this dragon has ended, you will not be able to obtain this dragon at this time. :(

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 03:48 AM
My Garnet just had his first Arena skirmish at level 8. Knocked a level 14 Balloon clean out of the park. :D

tammybfarm
01-03-16, 11:31 PM
What is the best way to get bombs to mine for dragons?