PDA

View Full Version : question about troll tribe part 4 and monster hunting...

jimmeofdoom
10-23-15, 02:23 PM
I had the excellent fortune to be in the middle of troll tribe part 1, where the boars are on a rampage, appearing every 4-5 energy from all buildings, etc. during the last monster hunter season, which worked out tremendously well for me. I delayed building the swamp until the end of that event, and I don't regret it at all. I've read that in part 4: "The Swampy Pond loses its effect and the Dire Boars return with full force." -- does this mean that my kingdom will once again be crawling with those staff-token dropping lovelies during this part of the quest? If so, are there really vital parts of the story that I will be delaying if I put that off until Monster Hunt Season 3? (I'm on Android, so I can't get the daily quest beasties during the hunting season)

Right now, I'm at the end of part 3, I've build Kaz's house, but not given him the Feral Magic yet to complete the story arch. I have not expanded to the Glimmer Gate yet, but I have done all the Sabina quests up to that (I have a baby Manticore that I'm feeding). My Jousting Arena is level 3, and I have 3/5 gold piping toward level 4.

Does anyone think it's worth holding off, or will I be holding myself back too much by not advancing the story for however long it will be until the next season arrives (~1 month based on the gap between 1 & 2)?

Thanks!

ShibuyaCloth
10-23-15, 02:44 PM
I have no issue spawning the dire boars at all, it is more the other low level creatures that are the issue, in the last monster hunt they changed the novice daily goal to include fangbeast, a relive. To answer the question, just build the swamp. You might get a little less die boar spawns, but still enough to be maxed on staff token. I have between 10-15 spawn a day and I have done all main story line quests.

mreames
10-23-15, 02:58 PM
If I understand correctly, you already built the swampy pond, correct?

I had the excellent fortune to be in the middle of troll tribe part 1, where the boars are on a rampage, appearing every 4-5 energy from all buildings, etc. during the last monster hunter season, which worked out tremendously well for me. I delayed building the swamp until the end of that event, and I don't regret it at all. I've read that in part 4: "The Swampy Pond loses its effect and the Dire Boars return with full force." -- does this mean that my kingdom will once again be crawling with those staff-token dropping lovelies during this part of the quest? If so, are there really vital parts of the story that I will be delaying if I put that off until Monster Hunt Season 3? (I'm on Android, so I can't get the daily quest beasties during the hunting season)

Right now, I'm at the end of part 3, I've build Kaz's house, but not given him the Feral Magic yet to complete the story arch. I have not expanded to the Glimmer Gate yet, but I have done all the Sabina quests up to that (I have a baby Manticore that I'm feeding). My Jousting Arena is level 3, and I have 3/5 gold piping toward level 4.

Does anyone think it's worth holding off, or will I be holding myself back too much by not advancing the story for however long it will be until the next season arrives (~1 month based on the gap between 1 & 2)?

Thanks!

SpiritWind00
10-23-15, 06:35 PM
If you haven't placed the swamp, I would just be mindful that monster seasons are maybe a month or more apart and so you will be delaying main storyline. If you're not worried about that, but are more keen for the cooking camp instead, then wait.

Being on android and waiting might be a good move considering you don't get the other coloured beasties. It all really comes down to want you want most.

Dire boars spawn rates are steady once the swamp is bought/placed, despite the dialogue saying otherwise in various goals. Good luck in your decision! As long as it works for you... :)

jimmeofdoom
10-23-15, 07:50 PM
I feel like there has been some misunderstanding of my situation:

Right now, I'm at the end of part 3, I've build Kaz's house, but not given him the Feral Magic yet to complete the story arch.

I am reading ahead to part 4 where it says that the boars are rampaging again.

However if this is true:
Dire boars spawn rates are steady once the swamp is bought/placed, despite the dialogue saying otherwise in various goals.
Then I have my answer. Thanks.