PDA

View Full Version : Lets do some math with Trick and Treat seasonal

mikado86
10-22-15, 11:41 PM
Ok so, the main goal of this post is trying to understand based in whats known, what is needed to reach the goal of crafting 55 Dirt puddings, if you got ADD or a math is not your thing you can ignore this post:

according to http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85706-Castle-Story-10-22-Update-Trick-or-Treat!-Part-2

3. We choose Treats!
Give 55 Dirt Puddings
Rewards: 2000 coin, 7 xp + end prize

each dirt pudding is crafted in kitchen, NOT in winter kitchen, so ideally, youll be able to craft 2 at the same time so thats kinda a little under 5 non stop craft days, assuming you got the all the other materials, which believe me, you dont.

Dirt Pudding (3hours)
25 chocolate cookies
25 gummy worms
2 sugar

25 x 55 = 1,375 gummy worms/chocolate cookies
Quite an impressive number, lets see what it would take to gather them, unrealistically talking, thinking you dont miss a single minute of gameplay of collection.

How many drops from Orphanage, Thomas, Ivy and Adventures:
1. A Level 5 Orphanage - 3 cookies, 3 gummy worms (1 hours collection time)
2. each visit to Thomas - 1 cookie (2 hours collection time)
3. each visit to Ivy - 4 gummy worms (12 hours collection time)
4. collecting from adventure - 1 cookie, 1 gummy worm (22 hours collection time)

Since its obvious collection Gummy Worms is going to be harder than Chocolate Cookies, lets focus the first one

So... you can gather 72 (3drops, 1 hour timer, maximum 24 collection per day) gummy from the orphanage, 8 (4 drops, 12 hours timer, maximum 2 collection per day) Gummy from Ivy and 1 gummy from the adventure, thats 81 gummy worms per day

Ok so as by today, theres 11 and more, lets say 12 days left in the event timer, and thats being generous.

So this means its virtually impossible to finish the goal in this time.

81 Gummy worms x 12 = 972, making it around 400 gummy worms short of the 1375 needed.

Now im not saying TL did not already took all this in consideration, but from my point of view, I dont see the point bothering with the event when the odds as so stacked against the player.

This bring me to my question, what the hell are they thinking? are they planning to release a set of chain quests next week?, extend the event timer? or did I just miscalculated something?

SpiritWind00
10-23-15, 12:36 AM
I have already flagged with the team about how this goal can be completed and whether there will be another part or goals etc. we just have to wait..... and collect whilst we wait! :)

Closing duplicate thread. We all appreciate your post Mikado though! ;)