PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take you to get a dragon to epic?

feonalily
10-22-15, 12:25 PM
ok i'm getting to that level where I should have a few epics but I don't because of how much food I need. the first dragon i'm trying to get to lvl 10 is my porcelain but I need about 50,000 food I think. ;)

what's your food strategy? how long does it take you to get a dragon to epic?

I'm currently planting buffbeets every 3 minutes since that yields a lot of food for cheap. still going to take forever to get ONE DRAGON to lvl 10 though

Clark_Wayne
10-22-15, 12:37 PM
if you got a champ, better feed your champ than porcelain : more useful in tourney.
or save your food for tales event ;)
i use to plant diamondates or rushroom if i got time : faster to feed dragons

DeeDe99
10-22-15, 12:45 PM
I plant Diamondates. Sometimes I'll plant a mixture of Diamondates and Pumpwings when I'm short on coins. Back when I was short on coins and didn't have enchanted farms, it was harder. I concentrated on feeding up the dragons with higher earning rates so I could afford more food. Not necessarily to epic, but to where they earned a reasonable amount.

feonalily
10-22-15, 12:48 PM
if you got a champ, better feed your champ than porcelain : more useful in tourney.
or save your food for tales event ;)
i use to plant diamondates or rushroom if i got time : faster to feed dragons

unfortunately, I don't have any champ dragons. I thought I can only get those by winning tournaments?

and omg diamondates and rushrooms cost so much coins :eek:

DeeDe99
10-22-15, 01:17 PM
unfortunately, I don't have any champ dragons. I thought I can only get those by winning tournaments?

I know. It used to freak me out. Now at level 90 something it is OK. I keep a stash of 4 million coins on hand. I'm about to take Glitter to epic - it has taken me a while, she needs 50,000 to go from 9 to 10 and I've had a few others I needed to feed up at least to 7. Has taken me months to get Fireflower and Glitter to epic.

MaribouMay
10-22-15, 01:25 PM

If you don't have many coins then you are right to plant buffbeets or impruberries.

When I was first deciding which dragons to level up, I kept track of the dragons that often came up with high odds in the battle arena (based on an external battle arena calculator). I made lists of dragons I have that regularly came up as good battlers. I then balanced that against how much it would cost to level up each of these dragons. I would then choose dragons with good odds and low food costs.

Keep growing the food and feeding those dragons; you'll get there eventually.

amerirish
10-22-15, 01:40 PM
I always plant Diamond Dates during work and overnight and Rushrooms in the evening when I'm sitting around watching TV. I find that planting the 5 hour DD's give me a much better yield (800) as opposed to worrying about them sitting there for a couple of hours. If I planted the 8 hour crop (Eliteleeks) I would only get 325 overnight. That's just my strategy, and not while there's an event like there is now. In that case I plant the 20 hour Scalypears so I get the max pieces.

As for which dragons to level up to Epic (which is level 15 these days) - I started with Angelfire & Angel as they are my best fighters. I'm working on RS and Lollipop next. Much like MaribouMay's strategy above, I'm going after my best fighters first.

PinkBubbles75
10-22-15, 02:07 PM
Normally I just do the 20 hour crop so I don't have keep checking the game throughout the day (even though I still do so). Right now I have 9 million something coins so I'll probably start doing diamondates 3x a day until I feel the need to save up coins. It all depends on how much coins & free time I have

hon3ycomb
10-26-15, 05:40 AM
When my level was >80 there were times when i used the 20hr crops, and times when i used 8 & 5 (the cheaper one) and it depended on whether Id be free to harvest or no. Now I plant diamond dates (5hr) and dont have to worry about the cost.

bakerystoe
10-27-15, 05:19 AM
About 3 weeks! the strategy is always PLANT DIAMONDATES! You will easily get to 50000 ! I often do that when a Tales come out:);)

bakerystoe
10-27-15, 05:20 AM
That's include the lvl 9: 10000 food( You better get 100000 apples)

bakerystoe
10-27-15, 05:22 AM
ok i'm getting to that level where I should have a few epics but I don't because of how much food I need. the first dragon i'm trying to get to lvl 10 is my porcelain but I need about 50,000 food I think. ;)

what's your food strategy? how long does it take you to get a dragon to epic?

I'm currently planting buffbeets every 3 minutes since that yields a lot of food for cheap. still going to take forever to get ONE DRAGON to lvl 10 though

If you not have so many coins to afford it so you can plant ScalyPears:) It's cheap and 700 each

Xyn25
10-27-15, 10:26 AM
It actually takes quite long! Some dragons I've evolved quickly such as Diamond hybrids and my only Champion because they're good fighters, but others are still waiting. I'm trying to have an epic Super Rare of every two color combination.
I usually plant Diamondates but when I have the time Upgrapes (10min) are my choice. If you're low on coins, I advise you to buy many low cost habitats such as the big basic color ones and put one or two higher level dragons in them (not babies) and any repeat dragons you get. Think of these as placeholders, then you can trade or sell them when you need the space.
Mining is a great source of food as well. You don't need to expand if you don't have the coins, you can just keep mining.

owa411
10-27-15, 07:30 PM
I always try not to go under 100k of apples. I usually plant DD 2 (sometimes 3x a day) and save up. After a week or so, I collect about 70000 apples. Now I'm at 630k apples, so I'm ready for the tales ;)

DeeDe99
10-28-15, 05:09 AM
I always try not to go under 100k of apples. I usually plant DD 2 (sometimes 3x a day) and save up. After a week or so, I collect about 70000 apples. Now I'm at 630k apples, so I'm ready for the tales ;)

630k? I hate you right now! ����