PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 10/22/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Betsy0923
10-29-15, 01:22 PM
I love it!! What a perfect 'Trick' and 'Treat' event! Thanks TL/S8 for turning the tables on us. I knew you wouldn't let us down.

CLOVERKAITO
10-29-15, 01:32 PM
Probably easiest to have 3-5 level 5 cottages and farmhouses in the end and then keep the rest as level 1 so you can shift back and forth as needed in the future without too much pain. In the past I don't believe we've needed more than one level 5 cottage but we've definitely needed 3 level 5 farmhouses.

My pain was definitely selling my level 5 farmhouses by accident :< I meant to keep them but I tapped too fast...

BahSunFarms
10-29-15, 01:35 PM
I think I might make it now! We'll see! Thanks for giving drops from the farmhouses! Woohoo!

Anaboe
10-29-15, 01:58 PM
Hmpf, reaching the goal now is far too easy for me now, lol! Got 51 already, and haven't even finished "what sharp teeth you have!" so I can get another 15 for free (but there's a max on how many you can have in inventory, so I'm not finishing that one yet).

My hoarders-heart:
* make and collect 4 more
* make and NOT collect 2 more
* collect 99 gummy worms and 99 chocolate cookies
* give 55 dirt pudding
* collect 2 dirt puddings from kitchens (hope they still drop after finishing the main goal "we choose treats!").
* (hope "what sharp teeth you have" don't dissapear) finish "what sharp teeth you have!".

Then I hope I'll be left with 17 dirt puddings, and 99 worms and cookies ?nd the pond. That's gonna be easy now :D

Trin5
10-29-15, 01:59 PM
Whew! Just when I thought I wouldn't be able to complete 55 dirt puddings in time and Bam! Today's update was definitely a treat! I managed to complete it with days to spare. I hope the pond doesn't give the usual water, fish & scales! ������

ktorewqas
10-29-15, 02:07 PM
I still get treats after I got the pond. Hope it's another thing TL forgot or is it another trick lol

mreames
10-29-15, 02:09 PM
I still have the ability to cook pudding and collect cookies and worms with only sticky fortune goal in my book. :) hopefully it'll stay the same way through the rest of the update time period. ;)

Hmpf, reaching the goal now is far too easy for me now, lol! Got 51 already, and haven't even finished "what sharp teeth you have!" so I can get another 15 for free (but there's a max on how many you can have in inventory, so I'm not finishing that one yet).

My hoarders-heart:
* make and collect 4 more
* make and NOT collect 2 more
* collect 99 gummy worms and 99 chocolate cookies
* give 55 dirt pudding
* collect 2 dirt puddings from kitchens (hope they still drop after finishing the main goal "we choose treats!").
* (hope "what sharp teeth you have" don't dissapear) finish "what sharp teeth you have!".

Then I hope I'll be left with 17 dirt puddings, and 99 worms and cookies ?nd the pond. That's gonna be easy now :D

totalwasteoftime
10-29-15, 02:18 PM
This really is a trick for all of us who played like a mad man these past week (building cottages and checking in hourly or using gems) and a treat for all those who thought they weren't gonna make it lol

Well said! Definitely a treat to not *have* to spend my weekend on hourly taps instead of hanging out with family. And I'm definitely not complaining but I thought for a moment there we would get to make some cloth in the workshop, brew dye in the potion shop, craft silver teeth in the forge and then "wear" the costume (and the hoarders among us could make a second to keep) and maybe go stand up on the watchtower to get a view of the kingdom all decorated before realizing that the kingdom really needs a colorful pond... and (prize now in inventory)...place pond. I'll just imagine that's what I'm doing😉😉😉... 7 more puddings unti I reach goal.

Boud101
10-29-15, 02:18 PM
I have a midget pond that does not sit right in the 4 spaces. I have 13 left over dirt puddings. I will wait 11 hours to see what it drops! .....I can use that time to sell 30 useless cottages and redecorate. What a bummer🎃

AngieA67
10-29-15, 02:23 PM
Thank you s8!!!!����

susiepetcat
10-29-15, 02:34 PM
I have a midget pond that does not sit right in the 4 spaces. I have 13 left over dirt puddings. I will wait 11 hours to see what it drops! .....I can use that time to sell 30 useless cottages and redecorate. What a bummer��

Quite agree! I only needed to make 5 more pies a day and then I would have completed the task. Not really fair on the players who put a lot of time into making the pies. Feel *****ed!

zaccy678
10-29-15, 02:44 PM
I JUST BUILT 32 COTTAGES

I HAVE NO WOOD

I HAVE NO STONE

I HAVE ONE FARMHOUSE LEFT

Why you gotta do me like this Storm 8????! :(:(:(

Wonkaland99
10-29-15, 02:46 PM
Sadly I find today something of an anticlimax. Of course I'm pleased that a lot of players who would have failed this goal will now complete it, but from being ultra difficult it has been made ultra easy.
I think it would have been enough for the vast majority to just add the drops from the farmhouses, without giving away complete puddings.
It makes those who have invested a lot of time (and/or gems) wonder why we bothered. Ah well, you can't please everyone.

For the Christians among us the parable of the Labourers in the Vineyard is appropriate.

DeeDeeBird70
10-29-15, 02:55 PM
Sadly I find today something of an anticlimax. Of course I'm pleased that a lot of players who would have failed this goal will now complete it, but from being ultra difficult it has been made ultra easy.
I think it would have been enough for the vast majority to just add the drops from the farmhouses, without giving away complete puddings.
It makes those who have invested a lot of time (and/or gems) wonder why we bothered. Ah well, you can't please everyone.

For the Christians among us the parable of the Labourers in the Vineyard is appropriate.

Appropriate reference.

I would not have made it with only the farmhouse drops. I only had 6 puddings and the two kitchens can only make so many in a day. I had resigned myself to collecting puddings only. S8, thanks for today's Treat.

Anaboe
10-29-15, 02:56 PM
Lol, it's been a long, long time since wood and stone has been rare in my kingdom! :P

Now, while building farmhouses (10 wood and 10 stone each) AND the demand of 75 wood and 75 stone, suddenly normal wood and stone is rare.

I lol'led :D

CharmOfLea
10-29-15, 03:08 PM
I JUST BUILT 32 COTTAGES

I HAVE NO WOOD

I HAVE NO STONE

I HAVE ONE FARMHOUSE LEFT

Why you gotta do me like this Storm 8????! :(:(:(

I feel you, same here. I haven't had wood, nor trees for that matter in my place for months now. All that LW, and now the cottages. Ehehehehe. At least it doesn't take so long to replentish stones.

bac211
10-29-15, 03:24 PM
34 cottages for sale (actually 32 now). Low price. Nice view on an essence pool and an orphanage. Make your offer now they will go fast.

zaccy678
10-29-15, 03:30 PM
34 cottages for sale (actually 32 now). Low price. Nice view on an essence pool and an orphanage. Make your offer now they will go fast.

I feel like leaving my 32 cottages as a shrine to the futility of life... And online games...

Boud101
10-29-15, 03:36 PM
.....wait till all these players get this pathetic pond ...,, there won't be so many saying thank you!
Hoping it drops gems to make up for hell week!!!

Anaboe
10-29-15, 03:40 PM
Never doubted it would be doable... never expected it to be this easy... Am wondering if anyone will reach the 55 dirt puddings - after they've given 55 dirt puddings :P

To all: have a little faith...

Tictoclolo
10-29-15, 04:36 PM
I can understand the frustration of those who invest a lot of time and Gems on this event. I uselessly spent some dozens of Gems, myself. But for my part, I know I would be really more desapointing to waste Gems and not finish the quest. In that case, the spent would really be for nothing. So I don't complain about this update and say a big thank you to TL to listen to us (for once) and fix this undoable quest problem.

Tips for futur quests: You may already do this but it doesn't cost anything to remind it: for those who don't know what to do with their cottages and farms surplus, keep at least 10 of each (on the map or in the inventory, it doesn't matter), espacially those which are leveled up. That what I did last time we had to built lot of those building and it really help now. ;)

OnlyOneRamoth
10-29-15, 05:36 PM
I have no doubt that s8 would not give us an essence pond that does not drop essence...what I really want to know is what the orphanage will drop after all the work on it!!! Lest we forget, the goals in part one of this quest were longer and more painful than the dirt cake goal

SpiritWind00
10-29-15, 05:44 PM
I am closing this thread so we can all use Part 3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85905-Castle-Story-10-29-Update-Trick-or-Treat!-Part-3&p=1197534&viewfull=1#post1197534) now.

I've put the goal info from Part 1 into Part 2 into the 2nd post of Part 3.