PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 10/22/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

sourp4tch
10-26-15, 06:03 PM
Oh! And, Happy Birthday, SpiritWind00!!! Thank you so much for all you contribute to the Castle Story community <3

kdgulle
10-26-15, 06:25 PM
Happy Birthday SpiritWind00! I hope you have a fantastic day.

dalechristel
10-26-15, 06:28 PM
Unless the update this weekend is that all royal buildings (or some other common item that doesn't have a long recharge time) drop complete dirt puddings, I don't see the point. You could give me a million cookies and worms, and I still wouldn't finish this, because I don't have enough time to bake all of them. You can't expect us to not sleep or work to complete a task. This game has gone from a fun game I could play for 5 minutes at a time, 3-4 times a day, to an obvious money grab for the developers.

Alexis19891102
10-26-15, 06:50 PM
Happy Birthday, SpiritWind00!!!

Alexis19891102
10-26-15, 06:51 PM
All guys, i donot know whether you finish this event, but i did.

Now , stop playing it! It is just another pond or well with 4 different colors( no animation) while you rotate it..

Pics no need i think.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-26-15, 06:57 PM
Hey everyone!

There's still one more update for this event! As it's the weekend of the grand Halloween holiday itself, it will be a much bigger and more reliable source to help you all complete your quest for Dirt Puddings!

We're receiving all your feedback about this event and how information gets rolled out and presented, and will be applying these learnings to future events.

Thanks for your continued support of Castle Story! Hope you all enjoy the next update :)

Thank you very much sourp4atch! That makes continuing more fun in this event and also gives us hope for improvement on the ones to come!!! And I am sure we all have faith, as I do, that the Essence Pond will in fact be an Essence Pond and not the standard well we can all craft in a few hours. Your feedback is appreciated!

OnlyOneRamoth
10-26-15, 07:01 PM

Now , stop playing it! It is just another pond or well with 4 different colors( no animation) while you rotate it..

Pics no need i think.

This may be true now, but I cannot imagine that it will be true once the event is over....that's just silly lol. There will be something good in there!

OnlyOneRamoth
10-26-15, 07:02 PM
Btw, what are the four colours?

OnlyOneRamoth
10-26-15, 07:04 PM
Oh it's your birthday! I hope you had a great one SW!

Lunaticus
10-26-15, 07:12 PM
Ending the day at 13 puddings. 😢
With all the cottages I think I can cook around 4-5 pudding a day. Still not close to 55. 😭
Just pushing through on this. Maybe we can convert all the puddings to something else at the end. 😜

Btw.. Happy Birhday SW!! 🎉🎂🍰🍻
Have a great one!

mreames
10-26-15, 07:13 PM
But there's a bigger update coming out this week. ;)

Ending the day at 13 puddings. ��
With all the cottages I think I can cook around 4-5 pudding a day. Still not close to 55. ��

Btw.. Happy Birhday SW!! ��������
Have a great one!

ladyperidot
10-26-15, 07:14 PM
Making my 12th pudding. Surely the ancient vaults must have a refrigerator full of pudding!! Maybe my knights are eating it all before they return

Lunaticus
10-26-15, 07:16 PM
But there's a bigger update coming out this week. ;)

Raining pudding...! Maybe they'll minimize cooking time. Hopefully the farmhouse. Bunch of them sitting in my inventory (the ones i havent sold and convertex to cottages) hehe 😀

Alexis19891102
10-26-15, 07:18 PM
This may be true now, but I cannot imagine that it will be true once the event is over....that's just silly lol. There will be something good in there!

:Dplay as long as you are happy then.

classy_pink
10-26-15, 07:27 PM
What does the pond drop? :/ Is it worth getting?

vednir
10-26-15, 07:32 PM
What does the pond drop? :/ Is it worth getting?

Per reports it has only regular pond drops. So for a prettier new pond you are expected to spend a lot of gems making your 55 dirt puddings.

jeremyobrien
10-26-15, 07:47 PM
Currently making my 15th dirt pudding, 30 cottages out... Is it even possible at this point? :(

Happy birthday SpiritWind00!

anne202b
10-26-15, 07:50 PM
Happy Birthday, SpiritWind!!!!! :)

mreames
10-26-15, 07:54 PM
Actually, pics are needed for Dabag, as requested earlier. Can you provide any? ;)

Pics no need i think.

mreames
10-26-15, 07:55 PM
Yes, it's still possible and there will be the biggest update for Halloween this week.

Currently making my 15th dirt pudding, 30 cottages out... Is it even possible at this point? :(

Happy birthday SpiritWind00!

stargaze91
10-26-15, 08:02 PM
Happy Birthday SpiritWind !!:D Hope you have a great one

stargaze91
10-26-15, 08:05 PM
Yes, it's still possible and there will be the biggest update for Halloween this week.

I managed to build only 20 cottages yesterday :( still need to build 8 more...

zaccy678
10-26-15, 08:07 PM
Where are all these orphans??

I need them to help me in the kitchen!!

Also, I currently have plenty of housing... Any kitchen hands looking for free lodging??

CharmOfLea
10-26-15, 08:13 PM
Hey everyone!

There's still one more update for this event! As it's the weekend of the grand Halloween holiday itself, it will be a much bigger and more reliable source to help you all complete your quest for Dirt Puddings!

We're receiving all your feedback about this event and how information gets rolled out and presented, and will be applying these learnings to future events.

Thanks for your continued support of Castle Story! Hope you all enjoy the next update :)

I hope u guys hurry up. I'm going on a business trip later this week and u still haven't fixed the game on the Note 5. I can easily have a moment here and there to play on my phone, but no way I can unpack my huge iPad and run Castle Story. So please please make Castle Story open on my new Note 5!

mreames
10-26-15, 08:25 PM
I managed to build only 20 cottages yesterday :( still need to build 8 more...

I was definite, tired of making blocks and beams by the time I finished mine. Lol

Alexis19891102
10-26-15, 08:29 PM
Actually, pics are needed for Dabag, as requested earlier. Can you provide any? ;)

OK, i got pics of everything.

Alexis19891102
10-26-15, 08:29 PM
I was definite, tired of making blocks and beams by the time I finished mine. Lol

mreams i will start a new post, wait.

Alexis19891102
10-26-15, 08:34 PM

sorry i am not familiar with this system ,i start a new thread.

Gardienn
10-26-15, 08:36 PM
I hope the update this week makes dirt pudding supplies more reasonable because right now this whole thing is just a big fat trick.

SpiritWind00
10-26-15, 08:42 PM
thank you all very much for all the birthday wishes. :):):):):):):):):):):):):) I'm having a fantastic day, despite being at work. Late start, long lunch (had red curry at my fave Thai with gals from work), early finish... Who could ask for more! Dinner at our fave Italian restaurant tonight. Presents and chocolate cake still coming when I get home. Yay!

And back on topic, super news about one more update to help us achieve the pond. This event has been/is tough!

We can do this!!!!!

jmterao
10-26-15, 08:45 PM
Hey everyone!

I did the math. It's still not possible to complete. I am having to sell farm houses and then build cottages. A cottage drops one set every four hours. To complete I need to make 8 puddings a day. what's that? 200 drops needed? with 20 cottages I need a forty hour day.

I give. TL you win. I am not going to sell off built farm houses so at a later date I have to build them again.

anurulz
10-26-15, 08:49 PM
Heartiest wishes to spiritwind!! Hope u have a great bday and a fantastic year ahead!!
Related to the game; am done with 10 puddings..cottages are a construction zone in my game rt now..7 cottages done currently, 5 more to be made..thts all I can fit into my queendom and even tht is taking days, coz of the lack of beams and blocks..no way I can Chek in every 15 minutes to make them..hoping to be able to complete it if there is another update..but as of now, am not gonna lose sleep over a Color changing pond..

kimberly0822
10-26-15, 09:00 PM
So i finally finished making one (thats right one) dirt pudding and it only took 5 of the 11 alloted days. Now I have to make 55 more in the remaining 6 days. Seriously what are these designers doing. Setting us up for failure? If this is a way to incentivize people to spend money on gems, you should know that your unattainable timed events will most likely get people to drop the game rather then fail at every event. Jmo. Btw Ive been playing this game for a several years now and have never had a more " I don't care" attitude then I have for the last 4-5 events. If the goal is to drive away your customers it wont take many more unattainable events to achieve it. Again..my opinion

0neSilver
10-26-15, 09:54 PM
Why do you have to sell buildings? Can't you just put them in storage? I have 20 cottages now. Not too sure what to take off to allow me to get to the 40 that someone said was the max.

newzealander
10-26-15, 09:54 PM
You're not factoring in anything from a level 5 orphanage in this scenario. While there may be a lot of players that don't have a level 5 orphanage, there are still a lot of players that do.

For those that had a level 5 orphanage prior to part 2 starting it was possible to have around 10 puddings crafted by the time the cottage was introduced.

So assuming another 40 puddings are needed:

40 X 25 = 1000 of each item needed.
1000 divided by 8 days = 125 needed per day.

Collect cottage 4 times a day = need 32 cottages
Collect cottage 5 times a day = need 25 cottages

But that's still not factoring in a level 5 orphanage. If one could collect from the orphanage 8 times a day plus Ivy one time and old Thomas one time, then 100 per day would be all that is needed from cottages and that could be accomplished with 20 cottages at 5 times a day or 25 cottages at 4 times a day. Then there's the possibility of collecting from the orphanage more than 8 times a day. If someone could collect from the orphanage 16 times a day then one could get by with 15 cottages. I'm not saying that's easy to do but it is possible. And we STILL don't know if anything else will come along to help or not. I just want to present the other scenario so everyone doesn't assume the math is totally impossible. ;)

Orrrrrrrrrr...we could have a life! ;-)

stargaze91
10-26-15, 10:00 PM
It's definitely tiring.. Energy is always not enough too.. Wish I had a mini version of your white army 😁

Lunaticus
10-26-15, 10:24 PM
Stopped at 19/20 cottage. Lets just see what this update is. I dont even have the pond display in my kingdom as its too big, had wells instead. Ill sleep with 14 pudding. 14th is cooking right now. I guess the knights will take them out later. Night yall...

EBJW
10-26-15, 11:00 PM
Why do you have to sell buildings? Can't you just put them in storage? I have 20 cottages now. Not too sure what to take off to allow me to get to the 40 that someone said was the max.

No storing won't do.
There's a limit to owning town buildings.

When reaching the limit it's for most best to sell farmhouses (cheap and easy to build when needed again).

Information is on page 1 and information like this can also be checked in the hub ;)

jmterao
10-26-15, 11:26 PM

No. When I try to build a cottage I get a message saying I am at my limit. If I sell a farmhouse I can then buy a cottage. I have been playing for years now, more and more I find myself giving up on goals as they are just ridiculous to do. I don't think those in charge actually play or they would get a clue.

mreames
10-26-15, 11:31 PM
Orrrrrrrrrr...we could have a life! ;-)

The example given showed that even if someone worked nonstop it was still impossible. I pointed out that it wasn't taking everything into account, for the sake of the people that would like to finish. But really, if people want to give up, thats their choice to make. I've just been saying all along there would probably be new things to make it easier and there have been and will be. I hate to see people put out tremendous effort only to quit just before it gets easier but again that's their choice if that's what they want to do. ;)

totalwasteoftime
10-26-15, 11:36 PM
Love this!

Maybe all these cottages will attract new families who in turn will adopt the orphans, although I guess some of the cottages will likely be occupied by farmers whose houses were irreparably damaged in the severe storms that blew in over the weekend.

Yes... It's nice to think there could be more than the half dozen of us walking around to counter-balance an orphanage full of 55 orphans ( or even 10 fattened orphans eating 5.5 puddings each!)...

totalwasteoftime
10-26-15, 11:51 PM
Making my 12th pudding. Surely the ancient vaults must have a refrigerator full of pudding!! Maybe my knights are eating it all before they return

Seriously... The knights are practically worthless needing new swords every time but needing daily huge meals and I send them on important missions that often take them multiple trips before they remember what they were looking for and now they come back to me every day (or two!) with ONE cookie and ONE pocketful of gummy worms... they are like children. HEY!! They ARE children... The knights... are... the orphans!!

Wonkaland99
10-27-15, 01:12 AM
The example given showed that even if someone worked nonstop it was still impossible. I pointed out that it wasn't taking everything into account, for the sake of the people that would like to finish. But really, if people want to give up, thats their choice to make. I've just been saying all along there would probably be new things to make it easier and there have been and will be. I hate to see people put out tremendous effort only to quit just before it gets easier but again that's their choice if that's what they want to do. ;)

Where's the like button? 👍

camber16
10-27-15, 02:03 AM
Ahhhh well, I give up too. Holding down a full time job with unsociable shifts and a huge commute every day, Im still only on the first goal...crafting my 9th Hearty Feast to upgrade my Orphanage to Level 2.
I guess Ill just return to trying to make those **** grooming mitts for Sir Daisy.
I dont like kids anyway. Bah humbug. :p

coolssp
10-27-15, 02:54 AM
Happy birthday sweetie and many more to come

thank you all very much for all the birthday wishes. :):):):):):):):):):):):):) I'm having a fantastic day, despite being at work. Late start, long lunch (had red curry at my fave Thai with gals from work), early finish... Who could ask for more! Dinner at our fave Italian restaurant tonight. Presents and chocolate cake still coming when I get home. Yay!

And back on topic, super news about one more update to help us achieve the pond. This event has been/is tough!

We can do this!!!!!

bentleyboy01
10-27-15, 03:25 AM
Count me out on this one, i'm not even at the orphanage level 5 yet, as i need so much Spooky fabric, correct me if i'm wrong but Halloween is supposed to be fun and Castle story supposed to be a game, this isn't fun, and it has sure gone past being a game, I'm happy i have a real life, and can't and wont play this 24/7 to achieve something, and i definitely wont spend money on what has become such a money grabbing attempt by TL. Will wait to see if Christmas really is the season of goodwill before deciding as I think now, to delete this money machine.

nightmare325
10-27-15, 03:30 AM
Count me out on this one, i'm not even at the orphanage level 5 yet, as i need so much Spooky fabric, correct me if i'm wrong but Halloween is supposed to be fun and Castle story supposed to be a game, this isn't fun, and it has sure gone past being a game, I'm happy i have a real life, and can't and wont play this 24/7 to achieve something, and i definitely wont spend money on what has become such a money grabbing attempt by TL. Will wait to see if Christmas really is the season of goodwill before deciding as I think now, to delete this money machine.
I cant see this happening for me either....level 3 orphanage....paper is ****ing me. pudding #4 in the kitchen..... : (

minndom
10-27-15, 04:51 AM
I have been playing CS for a good while, since the Valentine's day version. This is probably the first time I gave up trying. I just upgraded the Orphanage to lv.5, and have pudding #1(!) in the kitchen.

olive72
10-27-15, 05:22 AM
I just make Pudding as much as possible ... but not give ... Keep them in storage.
Who know, maybe it useful in the future. (very very long planning!!!!!)
Perhaps they have same goal for next year. So I can finish that goal on time.
So don't give up now. :)

KandeeGameOne
10-27-15, 06:21 AM
Why do they have to make the goals so hard? As I said earlier I'm level 34 and still collecting spooky paper for my orphanage. I've made ONE pudding so far and don't believe I'll even get to 20 before the goal expires.

These goals aren't fun for people who aren't lvl 50 or don't have enough time to play every 2 hours. It's super discouraging. Just like how new players get flooded with all those quests and don't even know where to start. I wish S8 would react quicker to the suggestions made in threads. I'd say lower the number of Puddings needed to 30-35.

nightmare325
10-27-15, 06:51 AM
Why do they have to make the goals so hard? As I said earlier I'm level 34 and still collecting spooky paper for my orphanage. I've made ONE pudding so far and don't believe I'll even get to 20 before the goal expires.

These goals aren't fun for people who aren't lvl 50 or don't have enough time to play every 2 hours. It's super discouraging. Just like how new players get flooded with all those quests and don't even know where to start. I wish S8 would react quicker to the suggestions made in threads. I'd say lower the number of Puddings needed to 30-35.

Trust me....no fun for some level 50 either....level 3 orphanage & on only 4th pudding

nightmare325
10-27-15, 06:59 AM
EGADS!!!!�� 5 of my cottages just gave me coins only!!! Is this normal??? I am working on increasing because i thought they would give worms and cookies! Heavy sigh......... : /

mreames
10-27-15, 07:03 AM
EGADS!!!!�� 5 of my cottages just gave me coins only!!! Is this normal??? I am working on increasing because i thought they would give worms and cookies! Heavy sigh......... : /

Are you maxed on cookies and worms?? 99 is the max.

riverly
10-27-15, 07:04 AM
WOW just WOW. I don't know if this quest is just one big "trick" or a huge fiasco. My work schedule allows me to play collect quite often but this seems almost impossible We shouldn't have to build umpteen cottages to complete this goal. Then we have someone telling us to quit because it's not worth it. That is not funny. I hope the extra update they are promising comes soon. Sorry for the negative remarks, but I hate to see people dropping out of this goal one after another.

mreames
10-27-15, 07:05 AM
Where's the like button? 👍
Lol thanks! ;)

Tiggerddh
10-27-15, 07:27 AM
I'm really unhappy with this goal and about to throw in the towel. I'm not using gems to finish and even with cottages and a level 5 orphanage I have 4 puddings and no way I can get to 55. Worst quest ever in my opinion. I keep waiting for Freddie Kruger to pop out of the orphanage to confirm this is one bad nightmare

Snowtiger333
10-27-15, 07:44 AM
I quit caring when trying to achieve storm 8 goals a long time ago. They always make them very unattainable for those who are not max level. Not caring has made it a lot less stressful.

I have been playing castle story for about 2.5 years and am at level 36. There is only one event that I have ever received the end goal and thats the horse (Destrier) we made earlier this year. I am able to play throughout the entire day.

For this halloween goal, I have made 2 puddings. My orphanage is level 3 and I still need 31 spooky papers. I have 8 cottages. Finishing this goal is impossible. I have accepted that. I would like them to make changes so I can finish it but, based on history, they won't. It is time to move on.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-27-15, 07:47 AM
Hey everyone!

Thanks for posting this, sourp4tch! ..looking forward to the bigger update in a couple of days!

C'mon y'all, don't throw in the towel yet! I'm not giving up til the fat lady sings, as it were.
Hey, if nothing else, we'll have some souvenir dirt puddings in our storage, lol. :wink:

tuffyjkitten
10-27-15, 08:32 AM
Well this is slightly easier since I managed to get my orphanage to level 5 over the weekend but I've still only made 3 puddings so far. Personally I don't see much difference between having to use gems to speed things and being required to construct dozens of otherwise useless buildings in order to complete a goal. Neither should be required. I had 2 cottages already and built 2 more, but that's it. Not rearranging my board, not selling anything, not going too far out of my way.

I will keep plugging away but have yet to actually give the puddings. If I don't make it to 55 then I want them in my inventory as a reminder of this event.

ShibuyaCloth
10-27-15, 08:40 AM
Hey, if nothing else, we'll have some souvenir dirt puddings in our storage, lol. :wink:

I intend to have at least 1 dirt pudding, 1 gummy & 1 cookie in storage by the end of the event! Else how could I reach 250 pages inventory :p

mehershey
10-27-15, 08:54 AM
I'm sticking with it just because I'm wildly curious to see if the goal is achievable for a diligent player. Here's my story:

I've been playing 11 months and just reached level 49 - haven't finished the storyline yet (at Fickle Fairies), and am nowhere near getting all my expansions. My schedule allows me to play multiple times a day, but I have a job and a family with young kids too. I've never spent money on gems, and have been using the ones given by downloading other games to strategically speed up the Orphanage. It was at Level 5 before it started dropping ingredients and I've been able to visit it about 10 times per day. I was fortunate to be nearly maxed out on beams and blocks, so I've built 18 cottages - I'm not doing any more at this point.

Currently cooking my 18th pudding. Running the numbers, there is no way I will be able to finish at the current collection rate. But I feel like if I, as a player who was pretty well positioned at the start to get far in this event, cannot finish, that's just crazy. I'm fully expecting the last update to be a doozy. Overly optimistic? Maybe. But as long as I'm not losing money or getting fired, I see no reason not to keep playing as much as I can.

And honestly, I'd love to see a couple of little orphans running around my kingdom - getting their sticky little fingers all over everything and driving the Baron nuts!

DeeDeeBird70
10-27-15, 09:05 AM
I intend to have at least 1 dirt pudding, 1 gummy & 1 cookie in storage by the end of the event! Else how could I reach 250 pages inventory :p

And I thought 156 pages was a lot. But then I didn't keep souvenirs in the beginning.

I'm quite happy with my Orphanage at Level 3, it will fit in all year round. Pudding #4 cooking. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-27-15, 09:26 AM
Yep, lol, same here ... Hoarders R Us unite! Lol :thumbs up:

...I will keep plugging away but have yet to actually give the puddings. If I don't make it to 55 then I want them in my inventory as a reminder of this event. Yep, same here too ... Giving em at the end, lol

......,.And honestly, I'd love to see a couple of little orphans running around my kingdom - getting their sticky little fingers all over everything and driving the Baron nuts!
Glad to hear more out there aren't giving up .. I'm at #18 dp too, and not stressing.
But no no no no no, noooooooooo lol, I do not, repeat *NOT*, want anyyyyy brats running around my queendom, orphaned or otherwise. NO thank-you, LOL!

OnlyOneRamoth
10-27-15, 09:45 AM

Yes and we need that "like" button again! Sourp4tch made it clear that something big is coming to help....so why don't we stop saying it is impossible until we know for sure that it is. sP s message was meant to put our minds at ease, so let's see what happens!!!

janddolphins
10-27-15, 09:47 AM
Happy Belated Birthday SW!!!! I hope that chocolate cake was good :)

I'm still trucking along, as other players said out of curiosity. I am lucky enough to check in often, and put up 10 cottages. I am very curious to see how the next update will help and am really hoping for something to drop the dirt puddings or get more as rewards to help along as well. So far 15 puddings and no other quests in my book so this is all I have to focus on. Should be able to do 2-3 a day at current rate so waiting for that help to come along!

I long decided I won't get upset if I don't achieve this goal as I did my best, but it will also change my opinion of the game and how I play in the future greatly, so really hoping S8 makes it attainable for those of us who have not given up!

badbunny42
10-27-15, 10:08 AM
Has it been confirmed that this pond has the same drops as regular ponds? If so, why bother? Surely there must be something more?

riverly
10-27-15, 10:24 AM
I'm not giving up. After all the game is about collecting and using resources wisely. And I believe that we have not been set up for failure. I just hope the update comes sooner than later. Regardless I will know I gave it my best shot.

CLOVERKAITO
10-27-15, 10:44 AM
I'm not giving up either! I sold all of my low level farm houses, even a couple level 5 farm houses (by accident) so I have 30 cottages out and that's it I won't sell any other building. I built around 10 of them in one day by chopping dead trees like crazy (and I did the same thing for crafting living woods for the pumpkin puppy - which I ended up getting on Sunday night). I can't check in right at the 4 hours mark so tapping them all at once 3-4 times a day is the most I can manage. I'm crafting pudding #19 and 20 in the kitchen right now. Haven't used any gems to speed up orphanage yet. I didn't set alarms to wake myself up but I checked at work during every meal break. Will see how far I can go with this and I am hoarding the puddings until I get 55 of them :) right now it seems I might need to do some gem speed up but I want to wait a couple more days to see how many puddings I can manage by Thursday noon to see what the last update is gonna be about.

The pond is gonna be useless to me since I've maxed out on both of the essences lol (and apparently the pond doesn't even drop them despite its name), and has no trouble keeping them 90+ even when I use them up. It's about giving my all into an event (without spending money) and sportsmanship ;)

mreames
10-27-15, 11:29 AM
I assume it's obvious to all I'm not giving up... On either account. Lol

fireflytower
10-27-15, 11:52 AM
same here! :D I love the look of the sweets and want them mainly for my inventory as eye-candy :D

I currently have 15 puddings, and want to get as many as possible. If I don't make it to 55, I'm keeping them aaaall for myself *evil laugh*. I love chocolate pudding! :P
But seriously, I'm not giving up just because it doesn't seem possible atm, I'm sure it will work out somehow. Or be re-released a year or two later... :D
I may be weird, but I'm even enjoying the act of collecting the sweets in itself. There are just so nice and colorful and yummy-looking, so it's fun to see them pop up when collecting from buildings... :) I mean, we are getting cookies. COOKIES! How great is that? :D

And @ SW - happy belated birthday and thank you for all the great work you are doing *hugs*

88silver
10-27-15, 12:14 PM
I like knowing that something more is coming to help out. But I don't like not knowing how diligent I need to be in my collections right now. I only had 4 conservatories for the flower frenzy event, so I don't really want to go building lots and lots of cottages to make this work. But I wish I could estimate how many cottages I need and how frequently I need to be able to check in on the game.

CharmOfLea
10-27-15, 12:18 PM
So hopefully something significant will be presented for this year's Halloween soon. If not, all we'd have this time around will be an orphanage (god knows what it'll drop after the event) and an unanimated pond (god knows who'll be able to get it). Oh yeah, and some items in our inventories.

sophiensissi
10-27-15, 12:42 PM
I used almost every resource I had and scrambled to get both the dog and cat wearing Halloween costumes and neither one was worth it. They drop milk and petals. Ugh! I'm guessing this impossible pond will do the same... Water and the occasional fish. It's too bad they don't make the drops more fun items.

vednir
10-27-15, 12:44 PM
I like knowing that something more is coming to help out. But I don't like not knowing how diligent I need to be in my collections right now. I only had 4 conservatories for the flower frenzy event, so I don't really want to go building lots and lots of cottages to make this work. But I wish I could estimate how many cottages I need and how frequently I need to be able to check in on the game.

S8 likes you not knowing. It's their business model. Not knowing makes you speed up the orphanage and kitchens before this second update because that way you can have even a chance to get to 55 puddings. Not knowing makes you spend gems on cottages and speeding up now that we're being told there's a "big" update coming. I can virtually guarantee you that even with the update you'll end up having to spend gems to speed up something along the way unless you can log in every hour like they intended.

So what you need to ask yourself is, when a company expects people to play every hour and spend money on the game, which usually presumes they have some form of income such as a job, does that make sense to you?

MusicMeow6
10-27-15, 12:48 PM
[quote=sourp4tch;1193457]trick or treat event
prepared by spiritwind

cottages now drop 1 of each item.
There is a limit to town buildings of 40. You may have to sell something like a farmhouse to get more.

So I just sold one of my farmhouses so I could get another cottage but it says I'm at my limit. I have 12 cottages at the moment and after adding up all the town buildings I know I only have 38 (I counted the buildings in my inventory as well). Why won't it let me buy more cottages?

(I identified the town buildings by going into the market and looking at the buildings under the "Town" tab so Farmhouse, Cottage, Market Place, Tavern and Windmill.)

mreames
10-27-15, 12:54 PM
Faerie bulb also counts as a town building for some unknown reason. I had to sell 6 farmhouses before I could place 1 cottage.. After that I could place a cottage for every farmhouse I sold.

So I just sold one of my farmhouses so I could get another cottage but it says I'm at my limit. I have 12 cottages at the moment and after adding up all the town buildings I know I only have 38 (I counted the buildings in my inventory as well). Why won't it let me buy more cottages?

(I identified the town buildings by going into the market and looking at the buildings under the "Town" tab so Farmhouse, Cottage, Market Place, Tavern and Windmill.)

Wonkaland99
10-27-15, 12:54 PM
Cottage #32 built and occupied.
The next town building this game needs is an estate agents!

I am now confident that apart from internet failure or some other disaster I WILL finish this goal.
And that's without spending gems and without taking into account any extra drops next week.

Optimists unite. Let us raise our Half Full glasses.

fireflytower
10-27-15, 01:10 PM
Optimists unite. Let us raise our Half Full glasses.

I have only 15 cottages, and am going to be unable to play for the next (almost) two days... *raises her Half Full glass* To hope! :D

tigarlilyvol
10-27-15, 02:05 PM
Have 22 cottages and raising my half-full glass of milk to go with all the cookies.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-27-15, 02:07 PM
is everybody cookie-heavy due to the Old Thomas collects? Tapping his house is not helping, as far as I can see...Of course....they may add a gummy only building on Thursday but it will have to have a faster timer in order to catch up to the excess cookies.

KimbaTheLion
10-27-15, 02:16 PM
I am not level 50 and I have NOT gemmed my way through any of this SO far. It is hard at work, but I do try here and there and for the most part I can tap a quick here and there. Those 5 dirt puddings as a bonus start DO help. I have not gone totally nuts with Cottages, only partially as I have 16 of them. I have 17 puddings, 18 is cooking away and I have a shot at getting to 20 by the time I go to sleep... that still leaves 35 puddings with 5 days starting tomorrow which means I would need 7 a day! Now I am a little OCD with the getting things but 5-6 puddings a day is hard enough but 7?!

I will still try but unless some other shoe falls I will have to use gems which I would RATHER NOT do. Work for a goal yes, but to be totally consumed by a goal takes ALL the fun out of something. I am a huge PC Gamer, a player of the Witcher series, Bioshock Infinite etc. They are hard and fun and do consume a lot of my time but soo soo worth it. I play this game to amuse myself a little, meet nice people and try to have a semi organized kingdom. Goals like this just sap the fun out of things. And I DO hope they read this, as I KNOW I am not alone after reading most of these posts! Just make it fun with a realistic chance at getting to the goal. I do NOT think I am being unreasonable in my request! :)

mreames
10-27-15, 02:23 PM
is everybody cookie-heavy due to the Old Thomas collects? Tapping his house is not helping, as far as I can see...Of course....they may add a gummy only building on Thursday but it will have to have a faster timer in order to catch up to the excess cookies.

Uhoh.... Have you not been collecting from ivy's hut?? It gives 4 gummy worms every 12 hours.

nessa005
10-27-15, 02:33 PM
Uhoh.... Have you not been collecting from ivy's hut?? It gives 4 gummy worms every 12 hours.

I'm overloaded too. Ivy every 12 hrs = 8 worms and Thomas every 2 hours @ three cookies a tap and I still have extra cookies. We need another worm drop.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-27-15, 02:45 PM
I'm overloaded too. Ivy every 12 hrs = 8 worms and Thomas every 2 hours @ three cookies a tap and I still have extra cookies. We need another worm drop.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention Ivy mreames, ty. I have been collecting but as Nessa points out, there are far more cookies from Thomas.

meme1098
10-27-15, 02:54 PM
And I haven't had a problem with that at all. My counts have mostly been equal or just 1 more of one or the other.

Mylania
10-27-15, 02:54 PM

You are getting 3 cookies per tap from Thomas? I get 1 cookie per. I tap every 2 hours when I am awake and remember. Cookies and worms stay pretty even, except just after collecting from Ivy, when I have a few extra worms until Thomas catches up.

mreames
10-27-15, 02:55 PM
I only get one cookie from old Thomas. Allowing for 8 hours of sleep, that's 8 cookies over 16 hours and 8 worms a day from Ivy with 2 collections. It doesn't take missing Ivy many times to throw it off balance though.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention Ivy mreames, ty. I have been collecting but as Nessa points out, there are far more cookies from Thomas.

ladyperidot

You get three cookies from Thomas? I only get one, I just checked.

transberry

I have only been able to make 1 dirt pudding so far, have 8 cottages out

Orphanage still needs 10 spooky paper

No way I finish this goal

Wonkaland99
10-27-15, 02:59 PM
First page says 1 cookie per tap from Thomas, and that's what I get.
Anyone getting 3 must be super lucky!

mikado86
10-27-15, 03:16 PM
Its not hard now that cottages drop items. Build at least 25. Set your clock timer at least every 4 hours. You will get materials for 5 puddins with cottages alone. Way more if you set it hourly and collect diligently from the seasonal item and because come on. It takes you like 10s to open the backgrounded app. Click the thing. And close it. You saying you are so busy you cant spare 10s per hour?

BuddyB111
10-27-15, 03:23 PM
So is the '... something big..' still to come or was it the start of cottage drops? Even if other buildings start dropping, I can't see how this is possible with only two kitchens.

mreames
10-27-15, 03:42 PM
So is the '... something big..' still to come or was it the start of cottage drops? Even if other buildings start dropping, I can't see how this is possible with only two kitchens.

It's still to come. We don't know what it is. Hopefully it'll be a combination of more worm and cookie drops along with pudding drops. Maybe even goals that reward some of all of the above.

butterball8509
10-27-15, 03:47 PM

Everyone assumes that the kitchens will be needed to make dirty pudding.

I'm thinking that whatever the update is, we will receive the completed dirty puddings themselves & not just the ingredients.

danzplace
10-27-15, 03:58 PM
I find adventures are helping keep my work cookie ratio pretty steady too.

bentleyboy01
10-27-15, 04:01 PM
Its not hard now that cottages drop items. Build at least 25. Set your clock timer at least every 4 hours. You will get materials for 5 puddins with cottages alone. Way more if you set it hourly and collect diligently from the seasonal item and because come on. It takes you like 10s to open the backgrounded app. Click the thing. And close it. You saying you are so busy you cant spare 10s per hour?

Lots cant spend 10s an hour when we are at work and not allowed our phones, a full time job is 9 hours a day, and sleep is several hours too, so yes, i d for one, dont get the luxury of enough time

nessa005
10-27-15, 04:17 PM

Jinxed....only got 1 cookie this time! Note to self...keep your mouth shut!
But I'm still at 17 cookies to 4 worms

mreames
10-27-15, 04:26 PM
There might just be a chance you were getting confused by the 3 that the orphanage drops and the 1 that old Thomas drops. Everyone else has only gotten 1 from old Thomas every time. ;)

Jinxed....only got 1 cookie this time! Note to self...keep your mouth shut!
But I'm still at 17 cookies to 4 worms

Dabag
10-27-15, 04:34 PM
Trick-or-Treat Part 2 PHOTOS

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/2015%20Trick%20or%20Treat%20October%2022/Tricks%20-%20Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/2015%20Trick%20or%20Treat%20October%2022/Gummy%20Worms%20-%20Copy.jpg http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/2015%20Trick%20or%20Treat%20October%2022/cookies%20amp%20worms%20same%20info%20-%20Copy.jpg http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/2015%20Trick%20or%20Treat%20October%2022/Chocolate%20Cookies%20-%20Copy.jpg
worms & cookies have same info

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/2015%20Trick%20or%20Treat%20October%2022/Treats%20-%20Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/2015%20Trick%20or%20Treat%20October%2022/Dirt%20Pudding.%20Kitchen%20-%20Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/2015%20Trick%20or%20Treat%20October%2022/We%20Choose%20-%20Copy.jpg

Reward: Essence Pool
photos posted by Alexis19891102 and appreciated very much

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/2015%20Trick%20or%20Treat%20October%2022/Essence%20Pool%20-%20Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/2015%20Trick%20or%20Treat%20October%2022/Essence%20Pool%20125%20-%20Copy.jpg

CLOVERKAITO
10-27-15, 04:38 PM
It takes you like 10s to open the backgrounded app. Click the thing. And close it. You saying you are so busy you cant spare 10s per hour?

There are many jobs out there where you simply cannot use the phone right on the dot. Teachers, for example, wouldn't pull their phone out in the middle of teaching their class to tap a game, I'm sure. It sets bad examples for the students, and if caught I'd think they'd be in trouble. Another example would be drivers (bus, taxi, truck, you name it). I certainly hope they do take their passengers and other road users' safety in mind while driving and not play on a smartphone. Or even medical professionals. How would you feel about a doctor or a nurse playing on their phone hourly instead of looking after their patients? And would a surgeon stop to play a game for 10 seconds in the middle of a surgery? This list could go on and on. Realistically speaking for these people they can only pull their phone out during meal breaks, which is like 3 times a day.

Don't make it sound like everyone in the world has a job where they sit all day in front of their desk and can pull out their phone whenever.

kat8rose
10-27-15, 04:43 PM
What we? What choice lol....don't remember a choice ty 4 info Dabag

BahSunFarms
10-27-15, 04:44 PM
Still plugging along. I have 14 puddings so far. It doesn't look like I'll get to finish this one but we'll see. I'm not gonna stress about it.

Thanksgiving is coming up so I won't be wasting gems to speed through this, just in case of a new building, old building sale or community event for the holidays.

In fact, my fingers are crossed that they'll redo the bountiful table event for those of us who weren't around last year.

bentleyboy01
10-27-15, 04:45 PM
There are many jobs out there where you simply cannot use the phone right on the dot. Teachers, for example, wouldn't pull their phone out in the middle of teaching their class to tap a game, I'm sure. It sets bad examples for the students, and if caught I'd think they'd be in trouble. Another example would be drivers (bus, taxi, truck, you name it). I certainly hope they do take their passengers and other road users' safety in mind while driving and not play on a smartphone. Or even medical professionals. How would you feel about a doctor or a nurse playing on their phone hourly instead of looking after their patients? And would a surgeon stop to play a game for 10 seconds in the middle of a surgery? This list could go on and on. Realistically speaking for these people they can only pull their phone out during meal breaks, which is like 3 times a day.

Don't make it sound like everyone in the world has a job where they sit all day in front of their desk and can pull out their phone whenever.

Well said :)

nessa005
10-27-15, 05:10 PM
There might just be a chance you were getting confused by the 3 that the orphanage drops and the 1 that old Thomas drops. Everyone else has only gotten 1 from old Thomas every time. ;)

Seniors Moment...OMG...another one! I must have looked at the picture which shows 3 and not at the actual # of cookies.
Oh well on with the collecting, Thanks Mary!

Anaboe
10-27-15, 05:23 PM
Just made my 22th pudding, and nr. 23 is cooking, and nr. 24 will be cooking in half an hour (when I should be sleeping, lol).

So far I haven't spent a single gem, tho I did sell some of my town-buildings, and bought 28 cottages. Even have 38 stone blocks and wooden beams left over (restocking: I had 95+ of each of them, after building the cottages I only had +/- 20 of each left). Just collected from my lvl 5 orphanage, and my 28 cottages - and even managed to get both the pumpkin puppy and witch cat, also without spending gems. Being a hoarder pays off :D

Not disappointed so far :) And yes, I have no life :P I agree it's probably undoable for people that can only log in once or twice a day, but hey, if that was the case, it would have been far, far too easy for players with lots of time on their hands, for whatever reason. So it's never good. Either the goals are too hard, or too easy...

And SW: I hope you had a nice birthday, from what you wrote, I can be sure you had :)

And to all: happy collecting, and I really wish everyone can enjoy this event :D

etchedintime
10-27-15, 05:33 PM
Have to agree some of us that enjoy the game can't be on their phones , iPads etc 24/7 , I think the expectations are too high on some goals , and I also think that things should be attainable through other measures rather than just gems .

mreames
10-27-15, 05:41 PM
Seniors Moment...OMG...another one! I must have looked at the picture which shows 3 and not at the actual # of cookies.
Oh well on with the collecting, Thanks Mary!

Lol that would be.... Michael. Lol ;)

ktorewqas
10-27-15, 05:44 PM
Lol that would be.... Michael. Lol ;)hahaha, that's very funny. hello, Michael :D

mreames
10-27-15, 05:45 PM
Have to agree some of us that enjoy the game can't be on their phones , iPads etc 24/7 , I think the expectations are too high on some goals , and I also think that things should be attainable through other measures rather than just gems .

My main thing is that anything that requires extraordinary effort, should be rewarded with extraordinary prizes. I do hope it turns out to be more than described so far. ;)

mreames
10-27-15, 05:51 PM
hahaha, that's very funny. hello, Michael :D

Lmao... Hello ;)

mreames
10-27-15, 06:12 PM
I finally hit a milestone of sorts... ;) now have 28 puddings, so past the halfway mark.... Barely. Lol

weebod1
10-27-15, 06:36 PM
Totally agree. I'm a nurse and I work 12 HR shifts. Some of these timed tasks are totally out of my reach. I've also got a life out with Castle Story.
This was once a fun game with achievable goals.... Not any more.
I've played this for a number of years now and would just like to see the Baron unthroned and for the young leader to be awarded king/queen of the kingdom..... But I'm guessing it'll be years before expansions reach the gilded case at the edge of the trees...... We all know that's what the story is leading to!

ladyperidot
10-27-15, 06:42 PM

Ditto. I have a job at a desk in front of a computer, but my boss expects me to be working during work hours, not playing games. Best I can do is check in at lunch.

atiragram
10-27-15, 07:01 PM
No, I have a surplus of worms. Don't quite manage to collect from old Thomas more often than from the cottages.

And, well, I have a job where I sit in front of my desk all day long (almost, at least) and only share the office with one colleague who is not always there, and still I can't take my phone out hourly since I need to be concentrated in what I do and realistically each interruption would cost me much more than 10 seconds. First, because my phone is old and it takes like 2-3 minutes to open the App and connect, and second, because I would just not be able to resist playing much more than just one tap. And then I wouldn't reach my targets. Yes, nowadays even we people who sit before a desk all day long have targets, sigh ;). So I just prudently leave my phone put, apart from meal breaks, too.

@those who have an essence pond: Have you tried collecting from it in every colour state? My guess would be that it drops water when it is "the normal way round" and probably for example mythic essence when it's in its reddish colour, or maybe lumin essence in the greenish state, or something along the lines.

Can't try that out, though. Have 8 puddings so far, 28 cottages and a lvl 3 orphanage. Can't get enough itmes to upgrade it because I don't feel able to collect hourly :). I must admit I didn't feel the need either, before I realized what a head start that would have given. The timer was four weeks so there didn't seem to be a need to hurry up until like 4 or 5 days ago.

SpiritWind00
10-27-15, 07:21 PM
@those who have an essence pond: Have you tried collecting from it in every colour state? My guess would be that it drops water when it is "the normal way round" and probably for example mythic essence when it's in its reddish colour, or maybe lumin essence in the greenish state, or something along the lines.

I love that idea :) - that would be a very interesting pond! I have a disparity of cookies and gummies as well. More gummies.... can't wait to see what else is in store for us and I too am hoping for a place where whole puddings drop, not just more cookies and gummies. Should find out soon.:):)

mreames
10-27-15, 07:46 PM
I agree, that IS actually a very cool idea!! ;)

I love that idea :) - that would be a very interesting pond! I have a disparity of cookies and gummies as well. More gummies.... can't wait to see what else is in store for us and I too am hoping for a place where whole puddings drop, not just more cookies and gummies. Should find out soon.:):)

BuddyB111
10-27-15, 07:53 PM
It's still to come. We don't know what it is. Hopefully it'll be a combination of more worm and cookie drops along with pudding drops. Maybe even goals that reward some of all of the above.

Everyone assumes that the kitchens will be needed to make dirty pudding.

I'm thinking that whatever the update is, we will receive the completed dirty puddings themselves & not just the ingredients.

I hope you are right. The worst thing would be if the completed dirty puddings do become possible, but only for gems.

riverly
10-27-15, 08:03 PM
I just make Pudding as much as possible ... but not give ... Keep them in storage.
Who know, maybe it useful in the future. (very very long planning!!!!!)
Perhaps they have same goal for next year. So I can finish that goal on time.
So don't give up now. :)i love the positive attitude. Long term planning. Priceless!!!

vednir
10-27-15, 08:26 PM
The major update later this week could very well be a gem-only building that produces puddings every few hours, maybe every 4 hours if you're lucky with a speed-up cost of 1 gem for every 10 minutes. This would help the game's economy.

Lunaticus
10-27-15, 08:46 PM
End at 18 puddings today. Only 3 puddings today. 😣Not able to collect much during work hours.

I sure hope the s8 are cooking all those puddings for some drops this thurs. somewhere.. somewhat.. give us puddings.. the dirty kind. 😜

riverly
10-27-15, 09:14 PM
The major update later this week could very well be a gem-only building that produces puddings every few hours, maybe every 4 hours if you're lucky with a speed-up cost of 1 gem for every 10 minutes. This would help the game's economy.dont rush it tho!! Beware of updates!!! Especially those that start with dialogue.

midgetsocks
10-27-15, 10:07 PM
24 puddings with one in the kitchen makes "25", my timer says 6 days left but I think that means 5 1/2, so 5 more a day for me, I might finish early. But probably not, I'm gonna have to give the orphanage a break later on, will see how it goes as the weekend's going to be busy, Halloween and Day of the Dead events. I'm one of those who missed out on the cauldron last year *howls* I don't want to miss out on..whatever this thing is.

But the pond in all its different colors, when it's turned, what an interesting item they made! I wonder too what it drops in the other rotations? And sourp4tch's post sounds like different Halloween items to me, but I could be wrong. For those that are low on puddings then I hope it's a new source such as farmhouses, etc. or actual pudding drops from somewhere. If I do reach 55 puddings, I want something to show for it:o

So strange with this game, in the collection phases, it's always hectic then there's a lull and people are bored they want something to do. I even forget how hectic the gameplay can be. And then back at it, straining myself to finish lol, and now I can hardly remember being bored with CS even though I was last week, haha! These people are messin' with my 'motions!:rolleyes: what kind of masochist am I :cool:

anurulz
10-27-15, 11:39 PM
14th pudding in the kitchen at present...I actually have a surplus of worms coz I haven't been able to collect every couple hours from Thomas...thinking of gemming it till atleast the number of cookies and worms are equal..thereafter no more gems..

newzealander
10-27-15, 11:49 PM

While I understand that you are trying to help, Mikado, as some have pointed out, this is a little naive. I am in a job where I have a little flexibility if I am not in meetings, but when I am, it would be extremely rude to do this. My husband is in law enforcement. If you called the police because there was an armed intruder in your home, would you be happy with the operator saying "An officer will be with you as soon as he has collected his Gummy worms and cookies"? Or if your house is on fire, "A fire truck will be there after they've tapped on their orphanages"? I think S8 realises this, and we should all just be a little tolerant of those who are struggling with this one.

CrystalAura
10-28-15, 12:24 AM
Can anyone tell me which buildings from my inventory I have to sell so I can buy more cottages?

SpiritWind00
10-28-15, 12:32 AM
Can anyone tell me which buildings from my inventory I have to sell so I can buy more cottages?

Town ones only. Farmhouses are the best as they are much easier to build. The buildings tab in game has a list and so does the Building Guide in the Hub (link below).

CrystalAura
10-28-15, 01:06 AM
Thanks a lot!

McZoll
10-28-15, 01:27 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if all those halloween-addicted decorations which are available in the market could give worms and cookies too? As the Beast statues did during the last event. And the witch cauldron could gives us one complete dark pudding every 2 hours... 😈

nightmare325
10-28-15, 03:37 AM

And lets not forget, not everyone has internet access 24/7....and many of those living overseas have very limited availability. To use my ipad, i have to connect....and 10s!?!?!?.....LOL, My games freeze all the time, take forever to load, and just when i tap on something...its gone again. Even if i leave it 'open', when i tap on it, it cycles around and starts over. Be grateful you have good internet, are able to play so quickly, and have time time to do so.

nightmare325
10-28-15, 03:43 AM
Question: does the orpahange have to reach level 5 for this event? Mine is still at 3, but i should be able to complete paper for level 4...idk about 5. Thanks in advance!

jdygmgi
10-28-15, 03:55 AM
Ditto, that was the one Halloween item from last year I hoped they would sell.

S8 obviously regrets TL creating Cauldron, Bountiful Table and Love Shack. Don't expect to see them at any reedition nor sale

;)

anne202b
10-28-15, 04:02 AM
Can someone give me an email address to write to to get gems back?

I was collecting from cottages this morning, nothing 'expensive' around them, and I hit a gem to speed up a cottage. (by mistake) I had 841 gems and it went down to 228!!!!!!!!!

NOT a good way to start my day. :( Aaargh.

nikkimommy2014
10-28-15, 04:05 AM
Speeding up a cottage is only 4 gems. You must have tapped on something else

anne202b
10-28-15, 04:11 AM
nikkimommy2014,

There is nothing near my cottages in that area but other cottages, a couple of dragons, rouncy (none of which were sped up)....there is nothing to 'speed up' worth that many gems that I know of anyway.

SpiritWind00
10-28-15, 04:16 AM

I was collecting from cottages this morning, nothing 'expensive' around them, and I hit a gem to speed up a cottage. (by mistake) I had 841 gems and it went down to 228!!!!!!!!!

You can ask an agent to check your game - Storm 8 support email: support@storm8.com

anne202b
10-28-15, 04:29 AM
Thanks, SW. :) xo

OnlyOneRamoth
10-28-15, 05:26 AM
My main thing is that anything that requires extraordinary effort, should be rewarded with extraordinary prizes. I do hope it turns out to be more than described so far. ;)

I totally agree....the prize must be commensurate with the effort required and this one has been a doozy!! And it will be I think....it's the Halloween update!! S8 would not let us down. Oh...and hello Michael! Thank you for all your helpful posts.

Sandybellee
10-28-15, 06:04 AM
I also have more gummy worms than cookies. 18 puddings ready and 19th cooking. Waiting eagerly for the help update. Hopefully I'm not too far behind and whatever it is will give finished puddings. At least there is a glimmer of light and hope on the horizon again.

Happy belated birthday, SW! :)

twinkletoes12348
10-28-15, 06:33 AM

Oh that sucks!

You can try emailing support, but ten bucks says you'll get the same-old "We are sorry that we will not be able to reverse this in-game exchange. This exchange is a permanent action that we are unable to remove from the account" we all get as a response to inquiries about gem traps.

kimberly0822
10-28-15, 06:50 AM
While I understand that you are trying to help, Mikado, as some have pointed out, this is a little naive. I am in a job where I have a little flexibility if I am not in meetings, but when I am, it would be extremely rude to do this. My husband is in law enforcement. If you called the police because there was an armed intruder in your home, would you be happy with the operator saying "An officer will be with you as soon as he has collected his Gummy worms and cookies"? Or if your house is on fire, "A fire truck will be there after they've tapped on their orphanages"? I think S8 realises this, and we should all just be a little tolerant of those who are struggling with this one.
Or maybe rush to the house in an effort to collect possible gummies/cookies there..jbs lol

dalexxx
10-28-15, 07:31 AM
Does fairy sap disappear upon completion of the goal? or will it disappear when the event is finished?

I don't think I can make the final goals so ill just focus on making fairy saps =)

Thanks for the advise...

EBJW
10-28-15, 07:37 AM
Does fairy sap disappear upon completion of the goal? or will it disappear when the event is finished?

I don't think I can make the final goals so ill just focus on making fairy saps =)

Thanks for the advise...

No! After finishing the possibility to make remains in the faerie workshop :)

mreames
10-28-15, 07:44 AM
Hello :) you're very welcome and I'm always happy to help. ;)

I totally agree....the prize must be commensurate with the effort required and this one has been a doozy!! And it will be I think....it's the Halloween update!! S8 would not let us down. Oh...and hello Michael! Thank you for all your helpful posts.

dalexxx
10-28-15, 07:46 AM
Thanks EBJW. like every one else, I have a job which I have to prioritize. Then my family when I get back home. I am sure I wont be able to finish the event just like the vineyard and equestrian event. So ill focus on something else. ::<

dalechristel
10-28-15, 08:46 AM
It's kind of amazing to me that S8 would alienate so many of their gamers like this. If they want to make a difficult task, why not make it part of the storyline, so people can complete it at their own pace? Creating a timed event where 80% of their players have little or no chance of completing it, is just dumb on their part. Not only will people get frustrated and give up on that task, but they are likely to get frustrated with the game and delete it. Why not make the timed events like you did with the candy corn event awhile back where everyone has a chance to complete it without having to open the game every hour for 3 weeks straight?
And if this new "assistance" that will probably come out on Thursday, makes this task so easy that everyone is swimming in dirt pudding, what was the point of the last two-three weeks? (just to make everyone struggle and complain for two weeks, only to make the task super easy for the last 3 days??) I don't see the point in doing that.
I haven't see hardly anyone saying how much they like this event and how fun it is. Shouldn't that be the goal for the developers? (to make their gamers happy about the game?)
There are plenty of other games out there, and my patience is wearing thin.

orchidchick
10-28-15, 09:44 AM
I scanned this thread to see if others were having the same issue, although my game said I could go trick or treating all over the kingdom, I can still only get candy from the cottages, Thomas' house, Ivy's hut, and the vault. There is literally no way I could collect enough, I've only made one pudding so oh well. I deleted restaurant story after too many unacheivable goals, this was the one game I kept but everyone in my life will be happier if I delete it too. It's a shame, I've been playing since the beginning.

orchidchick
10-28-15, 09:46 AM
I'm struggling with fabric, am I supposed to be able to craft it? I give up.

Thorgal
10-28-15, 09:55 AM
Seriously... The knights are practically worthless needing new swords every time but needing daily huge meals and I send them on important missions that often take them multiple trips before they remember what they were looking for and now they come back to me every day (or two!) with ONE cookie and ONE pocketful of gummy worms... they are like children. HEY!! They ARE children... The knights... are... the orphans!!

U better off using sweet feasts. It won't return any cookies or worms but the likelihood of more gems are far greater. On average I get 4 gems which gives me six of each speeding up the orphanage.

But I was quite mad at my knights during the dragon event... Those mithril equipment they kept loosing all the time....

mreames
10-28-15, 10:27 AM
Actually, while I could be way off base... I've sent out a sweet feast in anticipation for tomorrow just in case they are REALLY sweet.... As in pudding sweet. Lol

U better off using sweet feasts. It won't return any cookies or worms but the likelihood of more gems are far greater. On average I get 4 gems which gives me six of each speeding up the orphanage.

But I was quite mad at my knights during the dragon event... Those mithril equipment they kept loosing all the time....

29vanilla
10-28-15, 11:10 AM
Sorry this is off topic. I downloaded Candy: Halloween thru a goal from CS. The rewards are not triggering even tho I reached level 30 and 54 for my games. Couldn't find icon link thru social forum. Anyone else have this problem? It was a lot of effort to get there. :(

Anaboe
10-28-15, 12:14 PM
Argh,the internet modem broke, and I have very crappy, slow (and expensive!) internet through my mobile phone.so there's an extra challange for me now...

anissada
10-28-15, 12:23 PM
Sorry this is off topic. I downloaded Candy: Halloween thru a goal from CS. The rewards are not triggering even tho I reached level 30 and 54 for my games. Couldn't find icon link thru social forum. Anyone else have this problem? It was a lot of effort to get there. :(

did you install it from the link in the goal book or just the icon in the left corner below, because in the second option you do NOT get the bonusgems..

29vanilla
10-28-15, 12:32 PM
did you install it from the link in the goal book or just the icon in the left corner below, because in the second option you do NOT get the bonusgems..

Thanks. Pretty certain from the goal list.

Boud101
10-28-15, 12:41 PM
Would it be too much for S8 to have an employee play these goals before releasing them worldwide?? Why alienate players? ....seems self defeating!

tina2sun
10-28-15, 12:58 PM
i got to set alarms every hr to collect stuff from orphanage,, and calculate couple of times a day to figure out if i can finish this goal in time.. and i am very worried about it.

too many timed goals lately...... too many collectings in too short time..

i play this game to relax and have fun. not for anxiety and worries.. probably gonna give up soon if there's more stupid timed goal coming.

kingdomgirl1234
10-28-15, 02:57 PM
I am having trouble with building cottages, have exactly the same amount of town buildings (other than cottages) in both my games. In fact have two more farmhouses in the game I have 31 cottages Oh and I also have the fairy globe in that game too. but can only build 29 in the other game. Doesn't make sense, I don't have 40 town buildings and would like one more cottage please advise

zaccy678
10-28-15, 03:01 PM
Just wanted to share that I'm now half-way to getting all the spooky fabrics!!

Woohoo - only 40 more ;)

Go me :cool:

mreames
10-28-15, 03:07 PM
Good luck! ;)

Just wanted to share that I'm now half-way to getting all the spooky fabrics!!

Woohoo - only 40 more ;)

Go me :cool:

mreames
10-28-15, 03:10 PM
Are your kingdoms different levels? That may make a difference.
How many farmhouses do you have in the one you're wanting one more cottage and at what levels are the farmhouses?

I am having trouble with building cottages, have exactly the same amount of town buildings (other than cottages) in both my games. In fact have two more farmhouses in the game I have 31 cottages Oh and I also have the fairy globe in that game too. but can only build 29 in the other game. Doesn't make sense, I don't have 40 town buildings and would like one more cottage please advise

judafarm
10-28-15, 03:22 PM
I have 18 puddings now... 37 to go in 5 days... What a joke...

Think about it to delete all the Storm games..
Playing games must be fun... and this is not fun anymore.....

jptheripper
10-28-15, 03:49 PM
Are your kingdoms different levels? That may make a difference.
How many farmhouses do you have in the one you're wanting one more cottage and at what levels are the farmhouses?

I am max level, and maxed at 22 for some reason

kingdomgirl1234
10-28-15, 03:50 PM
The account I need the extra cottage in is level 42 with 3 level 5 farmhouses, the other account is level 50 with 3 level 5 farmhouses And 2 level 1 farmhouses, I don't really want to get rid of the level five farmhouses so I guess I will put all my efforts into collecting from the orphanage from the level 42 game. I am playing both games on one device and at work I can quickly tap one button but I can't swap every time to tap the other. With 31 cottages in the other game I should be good if I can collect 5 times a day and visit the orphanage at much as possible when I get home from work

mayennalee
10-28-15, 03:52 PM
I like the goals. However unrealistic time frames are not fun. Make each part of the goal a time frame - ie: 10 days. Not one big huge multiple part task that is only available for 20days.

I dont have the time to stay attached to my device to collect all the paper products etc. I wont use gems and its unrealistic to expect it.

Also the drop ratio of chocolate cookies to gummy worms is way off :( 2/10

I must be crazy to keep playing these games.

mreames
10-28-15, 04:18 PM
I am max level, and maxed at 22 for some reason

Have you sold all or most of your level 1 farmhouses? I had 15 of them and had to sell 6 before I could build another cottage. After that I could build a cottage for every farmhouse I sold.

mreames
10-28-15, 04:27 PM
I don't blame you. I refused to sell my level 5 farms, too. You might check to see if you have multiples of any other types of town buildings you don't need.

The account I need the extra cottage in is level 42 with 3 level 5 farmhouses, the other account is level 50 with 3 level 5 farmhouses And 2 level 1 farmhouses, I don't really want to get rid of the level five farmhouses so I guess I will put all my efforts into collecting from the orphanage from the level 42 game. I am playing both games on one device and at work I can quickly tap one button but I can't swap every time to tap the other. With 31 cottages in the other game I should be good if I can collect 5 times a day and visit the orphanage at much as possible when I get home from work

ktorewqas
10-28-15, 04:44 PM
23 more to go, 2 are in kitchen so it's 21 more ;) the 28 cottages helped a lot lol

mreames
10-28-15, 05:09 PM
23 more to go, 2 are in kitchen so it's 21 more ;) the 28 cottages helped a lot lol
Yay! I hope the update gives us a way to get 10 puddings in one day. Lol

brendaisme
10-28-15, 05:50 PM
I've spent hundreds of gems on this particular challenge to make up for the time I'm sleeping and flying. And because there's no sense in leaving so many gems on the table when I give up. I've been level 50 for a year or more. I'm at 16 puddings.

ktorewqas
10-28-15, 05:57 PM
Yay! I hope the update gives us a way to get 10 puddings in one day. Loli hope more. Now I can make 6.5 per day so maybe 15 per day then I would get that "normal" pond on Friday LOL

CLOVERKAITO
10-28-15, 06:07 PM
28 puddings with #29 & 30 in the kitchen. Will see what the update tomorrow is to see if I need to start speeding up the orphanage.

And it kinda annoys me that I just accidentally sped up the witch's cauldron with 8 gems (and the drops are some thing I already maxed out on) which I could've used to speed up the orphanage 4 times :(

serenitygrandma
10-28-15, 07:24 PM
I've spent hundreds of gems on this particular challenge to make up for the time I'm sleeping and flying. And because there's no sense in leaving so many gems on the table when I give up. I've been level 50 for a year or more. I'm at 16 puddings.

This is just ridiculous- I'm also at level 50 for almost 2 years. I have 6 cottages and collect at least 6 times a day on every house that gives cookies and gummies. I have 13 puddings done. Never going to make. I don't know why all of the houses don't give treats.

fuzzyelfone
10-28-15, 07:33 PM
on top of seeing ANOTHER bat sanctuary and on top of the endless lack of living wood and on top of this RIDICULOUSLY IMPOSSIBLE mud treat challenge, the last treat I collected (would have been the 23rd) disappeared before I could "give" it!!!! team lava? I say team rocket....Shame on you guys...

mreames
10-28-15, 08:08 PM
i hope more. Now I can make 6.5 per day so maybe 15 per day then I would get that "normal" pond on Friday LOL
I meant 10 per day. Lol

potataaaaa
10-28-15, 08:12 PM
I honestly believe that this challenge is impossible to complete without using gems. I am retired and I play ALL THE TIME and I have only made 20 dirt puddings. This game is becoming more of a chores than fun. I am ready to give up. This is sad because I really liked this game ...

mreames
10-28-15, 08:27 PM
Have you filled your kingdom with cottages? I know some people don't want to do that but I'm just asking because it makes a huge difference. I used less than 5 gems upgrading the orphanage from level 1 to level 2 but haven't used any since. I'm crafting my 37th and 38th pudding now. Having said that, I do think that an hourly collection for nearly a month is waaaay too much.

I honestly believe that this challenge is impossible to complete without using gems. I am retired and I play ALL THE TIME and I have only made 20 dirt puddings. This game is becoming more of a chores than fun. I am ready to give up. This is sad because I really liked this game ...

wesley1218
10-28-15, 08:34 PM
I have 21 cottage and I stop making when they said they will have more updates coming.
But we only have 4.5 days left and we still got no updates.
I will quit this game if at last I cannot finish the goal without using any/reasonable amount of gems (To be fair, I did use some gems for the previous events, but the amount used is foreseeable and reasonable)
I play this event since it was released and I got my orphanage upgraded to max well before the collection of cookies and gummies starts. I am angry mostly due to an improper planning of this event. I dont see the reason why pushing everything to the last 11 days. They can actually put it right after the level 5 orphanage is built. I think it will become more achievable and more fun to most players esp those experienced ones who have finished all storyline and are waiting for interesting events to continue play CS.
I am in level 43 and currently have 22 puddings with me. Let's see if they will keep disappointing me thru the end.

mreames
10-28-15, 08:39 PM
The update should be tomorrow at noon pacific time or there about.

I have 21 cottage and I stop making when they said they will have more updates coming.
But we only have 4.5 days left and we still got no updates.
I will quit this game if at last I cannot finish the goal without using any/reasonable amount of gems (To be fair, I did use some gems for the previous events, but the amount used is foreseeable and reasonable)
I play this event since it was released and I got my orphanage upgraded to max well before the collection of cookies and gummies starts. I am angry mostly due to an improper planning of this event. I dont see the reason why pushing everything to the last 11 days. They can actually put it right after the level 5 orphanage is built. I think it will become more achievable and more fun to most players esp those experienced ones who have finished all storyline and are waiting for interesting events to continue play CS.
I am in level 43 and currently have 22 puddings with me. Let's see if they will keep disappointing me thru the end.

judafarm
10-28-15, 10:24 PM
I see some have 28 cottage.. How is that possible? I have 14 and can't have more. It say im on the max?????
Im on level 50 of this game already for long long time.
Why this differents????

SpiritWind00
10-28-15, 10:48 PM
I see some have 28 cottage.. How is that possible? I have 14 and can't have more. It say im on the max?????
Im on level 50 of this game already for long long time.
Why this differents????
It all depends on how many town buildings you have already. Ones in storage count as well as those on your board. You can only have 40 town buildings including the faerie bulb, less if you're lower levelled. At level 50 your max is 40. :)

Lunaticus
10-28-15, 10:48 PM
Ended at 21 pudding today. I sure hope that update tomorrow will be big. *cross fingers*

pigswithwigs
10-28-15, 11:53 PM
I have a feeling I will be deleting this game soon. I don't feel storm 8 care about why people play. Stealing gems because of no confirm button, unrealistic goals and flat rewards have left me feeling disillusioned. Will carry on with this goal for now but come Halloween I feel a trick rather than a treat coming from Storm 8.

Haflaxus
10-29-15, 12:13 AM
With my 29 cottages at LV 50, I can hopefully get 8 puddings per day, playing about 16 hours a day. I think that everyone should max their cottage number. Collecting every 4 hours and you will finish the quest in time, probably.

Gabi2111
10-29-15, 12:32 AM
Does anyone know what the pond will drop?

nukesters2
10-29-15, 12:43 AM
Well I came here to say I think I am giving up on this challenge, I am only at 14 puddings, I don't feel so bad now because I have so much company! lol!! which is not a good thing! I have read that there may be another update to this, we will see. I am still very annoyed by losing so much inventory, good stuff too!!! on the barons pet that I was not able to get unless I was willing to part with over 420 gems :mad: and like a fool, I have been using gems to speed up the orphanage to get more worms and cookies, then realised today, I won't make it after all. Out of the 5 Storm 8 games I play, and spend some of my pocket money on to buy gems or bricks....there is only one game I am still spending willingly on, and I won't say what that is for fear they will change it to make it almost impossible like the rest are getting! :rolleyes:

nukesters2
10-29-15, 12:47 AM
i got to set alarms every hr to collect stuff from orphanage,, and calculate couple of times a day to figure out if i can finish this goal in time.. and i am very worried about it.

too many timed goals lately...... too many collectings in too short time..

i play this game to relax and have fun. not for anxiety and worries.. probably gonna give up soon if there's more stupid timed goal coming.

that is how I feel too. I get stress from real life, I do not need to get it from a game, much less pay the game to give me stress!!

jdygmgi
10-29-15, 01:21 AM
Does anyone know what the pond will drop?

Since growing number of players are maxed on potions and essences, the only worthed drops after all the required efforts would be GEMS. Otherwise all the stress that this game has rised nowadays would be worthless.

snowfroguk
10-29-15, 01:33 AM
Ok I had to chip in and say how much I agree with everyone else on here. Even with an update that drops 25 worms and cookies every hour from the orphanage, there's just not enough time left to make the necessary amount of dirt puddings!! And I have been vigilant with this quest as I had knee surgery last week so have been stuck at home with little else to do!!

So I'm out.

tombero
10-29-15, 02:24 AM
I quite often read this forum and think people are moaning or being a bit unfair. Not this time, this quest is annoying, my kingdom looks awful as there are so many cottages and I still only have 16 puddings. I've played and enjoyed the game for two years, but am feeling really disillusioned at the moment. I've lost sight of the fact that I play this game for fun!

janleigh
10-29-15, 03:14 AM
Ivy's only dropping I item !!! The drop level is so low please increase it a little to make it a possible task

janleigh
10-29-15, 03:17 AM
I feel the same as you tombero

sophiensissi
10-29-15, 03:19 AM
Low and behold, it's Thursday and I don't see a change in drops as was promised. Impossible? Yes!!!!! 55 puddings! Who was the genius who thought of that one? Same person who made the coin drop next to impossible to get the necessary 99 gold coins. We all earned about 2-4 gold coins in that first part of the sword challenge. Isn't anyone testing these challenges before they launch????

pigswithwigs
10-29-15, 03:40 AM
My only sympathy is with Spiritwind, the only light within the bleakness of what is currently Storm 8 forums. I just think they don't care about loyal players. Only about luring in new players who unwittingly buy gems to be ripped off by accidentally speeding up items.

nightmare325
10-29-15, 04:06 AM
So, i have # 8 pudding in the kitchen : (. After finally getting clear of making paper, i have been able to build 21 cottages (so far)... Maybe waaaaay too little too late...but just keep dogging along......

farmerbrown2010
10-29-15, 04:15 AM
With my 29 cottages at LV 50, I can hopefully get 8 puddings per day, playing about 16 hours a day. I think that everyone should max their cottage number. Collecting every 4 hours and you will finish the quest in time, probably.

I can collect (at max) 3 times a day since I go to work and go to sleep all night. Could set my alarm to wake me up every 4 hours but when you teach Kindergarten you need all the rest you can get!😉

stargaze91
10-29-15, 04:24 AM
Low and behold, it's Thursday and I don't see a change in drops as was promised. Impossible? Yes!!!!! 55 puddings! Who was the genius who thought of that one? Same person who made the coin drop next to impossible to get the necessary 99 gold coins. We all earned about 2-4 gold coins in that first part of the sword challenge. Isn't anyone testing these challenges before they launch????

Updates are released only at mid day Pacific time ,so there is still more than 7 hrs of time left

staffygirl
10-29-15, 04:55 AM

My sentiments exactly. I have my fingers crossed that this goal will turn out to be the TRICK part of Trick or Treat. Wouldn't it be nice:rolleyes:

twinkletoes12348
10-29-15, 05:57 AM

Keep your knickers on; updates don't happen until around noon PST. It's only 6 AM PST now.

vednir
10-29-15, 06:03 AM
I suggest people don't hold out hope for an amazing update that will allow people to complete the 55 puddings. This whole update has been a pure money grab. Log in every hour and pay up or go away, S8 does not want you to be here.

They've got plenty of new people installing their games, they don't need you.

riverly
10-29-15, 06:44 AM
I suggest people don't hold out hope for an amazing update that will allow people to complete the 55 puddings. This whole update has been a pure money grab. Log in every hour and pay up or go away, S8 does not want you to be here.

They've got plenty of new people installing their games, they don't need you.i don't know if I'm using this phrase correctly, but-- the proof will be in the pudding. -- Literally the pudding.

jbfps116
10-29-15, 06:51 AM
first mission to flat out give up on. prize didn't seem epic anyway. after slaving to build 12 cottages and realizing i'd need 25 to finish in time, and having only 2 puddings i gave up.

ktorewqas
10-29-15, 06:53 AM
I meant 10 per day. Lollol 10 per day is not big. Lots of players still can not finish it with that speed with four days left when the time the update comes out :p

dragongold1
10-29-15, 07:18 AM
Making number 35 and 36 puddings now using only 5 cottages

mreames
10-29-15, 07:26 AM
lol 10 per day is not big. Lots of players still can not finish it with that speed with four days left when the time the update comes out :p

That means anyone would have had to only make 10 on their own the whole event if they upgraded the orphanage. They're not going to make it so easy that you could put out no effort this whole time and still get it.

jdygmgi
10-29-15, 07:31 AM
Making number 35 and 36 puddings now using only 5 cottages

And how many gems used, folk?? You also like tricks rather more than treats????

first mission to flat out give up on. prize didn't seem epic anyway. after slaving to build 12 cottages and realizing i'd need 25 to finish in time, and having only 2 puddings i gave up.

You are the one that S8 should attend doing ASAP whatever to fix your situation, you and most players like you... You did your best and got nothing from this poor quest money grab sad episode of CS.

I was lucky to be 50 lvl. maxed on most items so I inmediately built 28 extra cottages, also have spent around 60 free gems to speed up the Orphanage so keeping both kitchens busy while sugaring at Ivy's bakery. Also spent 80 LW after that big pain Faerie Bulb 5 for nothing yet, 200 mushrooms, 130 truffles... Sumarizing, depleted almost all my store to get those pets which I would never pay to get from tent.

Now I am 40 puddings with 4 days left to get 15 more, succeeded to get pond but cannot stop thinking so many players like you, making your best and abandoned by S8 because of not running blind to nowhere in math impossible goal to reach. Of course today's update will not rescue you jbfps, nor many others like you, just wanted to say that someone may feel ashamed thinking on this.

Seriously700
10-29-15, 07:40 AM
It's kind of amazing to me that S8 would alienate so many of their gamers like this. If they want to make a difficult task, why not make it part of the storyline, so people can complete it at their own pace? Creating a timed event where 80% of their players have little or no chance of completing it, is just dumb on their part. Not only will people get frustrated and give up on that task, but they are likely to get frustrated with the game and delete it. Why not make the timed events like you did with the candy corn event awhile back where everyone has a chance to complete it without having to open the game every hour for 3 weeks straight?
And if this new "assistance" that will probably come out on Thursday, makes this task so easy that everyone is swimming in dirt pudding, what was the point of the last two-three weeks? (just to make everyone struggle and complain for two weeks, only to make the task super easy for the last 3 days??) I don't see the point in doing that.
I haven't see hardly anyone saying how much they like this event and how fun it is. Shouldn't that be the goal for the developers? (to make their gamers happy about the game?)
There are plenty of other games out there, and my patience is wearing thin.

Excellent points. Especially the part about the special assistance we are supposed to be receiving shortly. If it's not significant, too many players will not complete the goal and will be disillusioned with the game and angry at S8 for making impossible goals. And if it makes the goal too easy, the folks who have been gem-speeding their orphanages, building 30 cottages, setting alarms for collection times, etc, will feel like they've been duped.

Sounds like a lose-lose situation. Very poorly thought out event.

ktorewqas
10-29-15, 07:40 AM
That means anyone would have had to only make 10 on their own the whole event if they upgraded the orphanage. They're not going to make it so easy that you could put out no effort this whole time and still get it. I just hope the pond would be good after the event for a whole month hard work lol

mreames
10-29-15, 07:46 AM
I just hope the pond would be good after the event for a whole month hard work lol

I do, too. That would be my biggest complaint if it doesnt change as part of this update. The name suggests something very cool, more than colorful. S8 has already acknowledged during this event that they will reconsider how these events are communicated, etc., so I hope they will follow through on this in the future.

AnniePMH
10-29-15, 08:04 AM
I do, too. That would be my biggest complaint if it doesnt change as part of this update. The name suggests something very cool, more than colorful. S8 has already acknowledged during this event that they will reconsider how these events are communicated, etc., so I hope they will follow through on this in the future.

I had a complaint too, but I seem to have forgotten it atm...:confused: Will return later, if and when I can remember. In all likelihood it's already been said anyways:) I agree however that this quest is a bit long for collections every hour, lol:rolleyes:

Rickmz
10-29-15, 08:06 AM
Excellent points. Especially the part about the special assistance we are supposed to be receiving shortly. If it's not significant, too many players will not complete the goal and will be disillusioned with the game and angry at S8 for making impossible goals. And if it makes the goal too easy, the folks who have been gem-speeding their orphanages, building 30 cottages, setting alarms for collection times, etc, will feel like they've been duped.

I agree. As a LONG time player I've noticed the shift from providing enjoyable content to money grabs and "forcing" folks to spend too much time (or better yet, coins) to complete goals that are too hard. Ever since the wedding alicorn fiasco my playing time has continuously diminished (even though I am retired) and the ONLY reason I play a little every day is to take care of my (return) obligation to my neighbors.

Depending on today's update outcome I will advise my neighbors that I'll be moving on once I pay their gifts back. I will then put my 815 jewels, 44 million in cash, and 560,000 experience point "up for bids"! LOL

For those that do the same, make sure you leave feedback at the App Store so new players are aware......

sophiensissi
10-29-15, 08:06 AM
Keep your knickers on; updates don't happen until around noon PST. It's only 6 AM PST now.

Knickers on, but how long must they stay on? Lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-29-15, 08:17 AM
I had a complaint too, but I seem to have forgotten it atm...:confused: Will return later, if and when I can remember. In all likelihood it's already been said anyways:) I agree however that this quest is a bit long for collections every hour, lol:rolleyes:
Was your complaint anything about the lack of ANY H'ween goodies dropping from the vaults besides the cookies & worms, but instead all of last year's goodies are in the market for gems?
(I still couldn't resist & got 2 spooky scarecrows since none dropped for me last H'ween, lol)

mreames
10-29-15, 08:20 AM
Omg, she really exists! I was starting to think you were an urban legend. Lmao ;) definitely in agreement about the hourly for such a long time. The cottages helped with that but not for weeks.

queens15
10-29-15, 08:34 AM
You're not slow. I'm at level 50 and it will take me another 5 days to upgrade to level 5 orphanage. I play everyday and in and out of the game all day and still not there. I'm find this whole quest boring and very monotonous but I'm not giving up yet.

I also play every day and am at level 48 and using cottages, Ivy's house, Thomas's house and level 4 orphanage, still have only made 2 puddings!
In the time given, making 55 is impossible even if you stayed up during the night!
At least with other tasks I have felt I had a fighting chance of completing them - but unless they cascade us with gummy worms and chocolate cookies in the last few days this task is impossible.
Not fair!!

AnniePMH
10-29-15, 08:36 AM
Was your complaint anything about the lack of ANY H'ween goodies dropping from the vaults besides the cookies & worms, but instead all of last year's goodies are in the market for gems?
(I still couldn't resist & got 2 spooky scarecrows since none dropped for me last H'ween, lol)

Sorry, Captain, I'm a strict desert adventurer:)

drepanum
10-29-15, 08:46 AM
I agree 100%. I've been playing for years and am at level 50. When a game becomes a job it is a waste of time. This was a pleasant diversion for me, now it is an annoyance. I'm starting to pack my bags...haven't quite decided when I'm going to delete.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-29-15, 08:51 AM
Sorry, Captain, I'm a strict desert adventurer:)
Ok, lol...yo, revise my original question then to include *any* adventure, lol.

zoeee87
10-29-15, 09:20 AM
I seriously hardly ever complain about updates, but this one has thrown me for a loop. I only have 20 puddings.. The struggle is REAL right now.. And this may be the first time I have not been able to complete a goal. Making me a little depressed. Hopefully today's update will be the little bump I need.

AnniePMH
10-29-15, 09:24 AM
Ok, lol...yo, revise my original question then to include *any* adventure, lol.

Of course I would love to get new goodies, pure deco or with drops, from the desert adventure!:) As it is now, I mostly get coins and energy...

CLOVERKAITO
10-29-15, 09:28 AM
At 37 puddings and #38 making in kitchen. So if looks like I'll make it even if the update at noon today sucks, as long as they don't take the cottages drops away.

I haven't (!!) used any gems to speed up anything during this whole event. The only gems I've used was the gem trap that I accidentally clicked on lol. I also managed to get the witchy kitty and pumpkin puppy without gem use (but I did use a few energy crates I hoarded from the monster events). The only thing I did differently is that I did end up bringing my iPad mini to work (normally I don't) and stared at it like a mad woman during my meal breaks. I built 30 cottages (started with 20 then kept making wooden beams until I got 30 built) as soon as they updated it since I'd much rather set a 4 hours timer and I'm fine with waking up once while sleeping to collect from the cottages. But the timer I set is a rather quiet one so it doesn't wake me up if I'm in a very deep sleep.

I wouldn't be surprised if I have already chopped thousands of dead trees for crafting living woods for the faerie saps, pumpkin puppy, and wooden beams for cottages lol. It was annoyingly tedious I wonder why I bothered lol. But I did take pride in not using any gems to do these silly quests :P

I just really hope the next event doesn't have a building with hourly collection like this, and be much more realistic. I don't like bringing my iPad to work, and I'm sure I have to pay extra data fee this month for data spent on this game (no wifi at work). So in this sense yes, I have to pay a bit of extra money for this event -- just not to Storm 8 LOL

And I also noticed a few of my neighbours quit :(

dalechristel
10-29-15, 09:52 AM
I agree. As a LONG time player I've noticed the shift from providing enjoyable content to money grabs and "forcing" folks to spend too much time (or better yet, coins) to complete goals that are too hard. Ever since the wedding alicorn fiasco my playing time has continuously diminished (even though I am retired) and the ONLY reason I play a little every day is to take care of my (return) obligation to my neighbors.

Depending on today's update outcome I will advise my neighbors that I'll be moving on once I pay their gifts back. I will then put my 815 jewels, 44 million in cash, and 560,000 experience point "up for bids"! LOL

For those that do the same, make sure you leave feedback at the App Store so new players are aware......

I think I'm in the same boat. Been playing since the valentines event with the love shack. I would always look forward to playing when getting home from work or on work breaks, but now it's become a chore and isn't much fun anymore. (especially with this event)

midgetsocks
10-29-15, 10:02 AM
Pudding #33 is cooking..sad to say but I'm happy to be done with this in 4 days.

Still curious about this update though!:confused:

midsom
10-29-15, 10:03 AM

I have several neighbors that have the ponds, through gem speeding which is their choice and how they play their game, and I think if I had spent those gems and all of a sudden an update came along and made the goal too easy I would be bitter, the reality is they won't want to alienate the players that do buy gems so I am not holding my breath for an easy end to this.

pigswithwigs
10-29-15, 10:27 AM
Scuseee amigos can spooky fabric be crafted or only collected from Ivy? Her house is sooo slow so don't think I will get my level 5 orphanage in time.��

mreames
10-29-15, 10:33 AM
Scuseee amigos can spooky fabric be crafted or only collected from Ivy? Her house is sooo slow so don't think I will get my level 5 orphanage in time.��

Just drops from the orphanage and Ivy. :(

MoonVillage3
10-29-15, 10:40 AM
if u sell ur farm houses u can buy more cottages.. up to 25 I think. u can sell them after u've finished with them. but even then.. cottages only give 1biscuit + 1gummy every 4hrs.
difficulty anyway to make 55dirty puddings as 25 of each are needed. orphanage is the only that gives 3biscuits + 3gummies per hr, but we have only 1 of those. castle once a day gives only 1biscuit + 1gummy.
it's awfully disappointing when MISSION IMPOSSIBLE tasks are given, without any possibility of accumulating all materials necessary in time given. a game is used for enjoying and relaxing.. not for adding other stressing thoughts to our daily life, but now seems developers don't think this way.

mreames
10-29-15, 10:41 AM
Pudding #33 is cooking..sad to say but I'm happy to be done with this in 4 days.

Still curious about this update though!:confused:
I'll be happy to have this one over with as well. I'm cooking #42 and #43 right now but it has taken being very diligent. Yes I've slept and no timer in the middle of the night but that's not to say I haven't occasionally woken up on my own. Lol

I'm curious about the update too!

ktorewqas
10-29-15, 10:48 AM
I'll be happy to have this one over with as well. I'm cooking #42 and #43 right now but it has taken being very diligent. Yes I've slept and no timer in the middle of the night but that's not to say I haven't occasionally woken up on my own. Lol

I'm curious about the update too!
Wow, you are fast. The more cottage we have, the quicker we could be ;) I have 37 now and my kichens are cooking sugar and syrup. Wait for next round collection of the cottages lol

mreames
10-29-15, 11:06 AM
Wow, you are fast. The more cottage we have, the quicker we could be ;) I have 37 now and my kichens are cooking sugar and syrup. Wait for next round collection of the cottages lol

The cottages were definitely a game changer if one was willing to build as many as possible. I have 30 on this account. I only have 25 on my 2nd account and working on 38th pudding there so the difference of just 5 cottages has made a major difference!

katbtodd
10-29-15, 11:16 AM
Doesn't look like the update will help us with the dirt pudding ,.. I was so hoping There would be quest and the rewards would give us the some pudding

carebear0211
I'm hoping either this goal gets extended or we are offered new ways to collect cookies and gummies. I was out of town at the beginning of this event with little to no cell service so I lost 4 days on this goal. I refuse to sell my farmhouses/other town buildings and rearrange my entire kingdom to fit in 30+ cottages. I do not think you should have to sell off buildings and rearrange your kingdom to complete a goal. I've been able to easily complete the other goals, this goal however seems impossible. I try my best to complete every goal and collect every prize because I feel like I'm missing out if I don't.

ktorewqas
The cottages were definitely a game changer if one was willing to build as many as possible. I have 30 on this account. I only have 25 on my 2nd account and working on 38th pudding there so the difference of just 5 cottages has made a major difference!today's update secret word is costume lol I wonder what does that mean:rolleyes: maybe we have to collect them as well, half an hour a drop ;)

mreames
10-29-15, 11:22 AM
today's update secret word is costume lol I wonder what does that mean:rolleyes: maybe we have to collect them as well, half an hour a drop ;)

Boy, your guess is as good as mine. Lol and how it ties into puddings is anybody's guess. Lol

ktorewqas
10-29-15, 11:26 AM
Boy, your guess is as good as mine. Lol and how it ties into puddings is anybody's guess. Lolmaybe we craft some costume for orphans then the people in cottages will give more treats lol

dalechristel
10-29-15, 11:31 AM
today's update secret word is costume lol I wonder what does that mean:rolleyes: maybe we have to collect them as well, half an hour a drop ;)

I'd like to put on a scary costume, run through the orphanage, and scare the kids out into the forest. Then I could destroy the orphanage and put up a sign that says, "Here lies the remain of a building that made Castle Story not fun anymore"

Rickmz
10-29-15, 12:00 PM
I'd like to put on a scary costume, run through the orphanage, and scare the kids out into the forest. Then I could destroy the orphanage and put up a sign that says, "Here lies the remain of a building that made Castle Story not fun anymore"

I have a little C4 leftover, in case you need it! LOL

29vanilla
10-29-15, 12:02 PM
Sounds like wool gathering. Hmmmm how does that help with pudding?

Castloninian
10-29-15, 12:04 PM
Wow.... that was a good update. All of a sudden I have more than enough puddings to have spares in my inventory...

sail147
10-29-15, 12:05 PM
This update allowed me to finish everything! It did take all my supplies but it really help.

CLOVERKAITO
10-29-15, 12:19 PM
Lol I'm super low on white petals after all the living woods crafting... And now farm houses? I just sold like 20 of mine for cottages =\ I guess I'll have to sell 5 cottages for 5 farm houses then. It'd be more than enough since we only get 1 energy every 3 minutes lol

jsburas123
10-29-15, 12:28 PM
Lol I'm super low on white petals after all the living woods crafting... And now farm houses? I just sold like 20 of mine for cottages =\

Makes me sick, I sold all 18 of mine yesterday just to build 18 cottages!!!

ktorewqas
10-29-15, 12:39 PM
I can not continue the new tasks, I think I have enough puddings lol go back to check my inventory now ;)

meme1098
10-29-15, 12:40 PM
I still had 7 farmhouses left after building 20 cottages. Wasn't gonna do anymore than that.

Ok...gave all that stuff!! So where's my costume???. Nothing...I mean nothing in inventory. I did get a lot of dirt puddings but there was talk of making a costume & I want it!!!!...lol.

It would be great if we could actually dress our avatar in the costume we just made!
S8 this could have actually been a pretty neat goal...if there was a costume to wear!!

CLOVERKAITO
10-29-15, 12:40 PM
Makes me sick, I sold all 18 of mine yesterday just to build 18 cottages!!!

*pats* I totally understand your pain. This update left a really bitter taste to my mouth, but at least it means those who didn't have the resources to build cottages / was smart enough to not sell their farm houses can also finish this goal.

There are 4 days left. Dirt pudding craft time is 3 hour each. That means if people craft them 24/7 with both kitchens, with 4 days left they can craft 8 x 2 x 4 = 64 dirt puddings. So I hope people would stop complaining about how impossible this goal is now. If people only collect from their farm house and orphanage and ivy's house these 4 days, with prople use of wizard school and energy crates, this goal is attainable with diligent playing these 4 days. I imagine the only gem use that might be needed is to speed up the kitchen for those that can't play 24/7, or speed up orphanage for those who aren't level 5 yet. Cookies and worms sources should not be a problem now.

Don't even bother collecting from Thomas's house now. He only gives one cookies. Farm house gives one cookie and one worm.

CLOVERKAITO
10-29-15, 12:43 PM
I still had 7 farmhouses left after building 20 cottages. Wasn't gonna do anymore than that.

Ok...gave all that stuff!! So where's my costume???. Nothing...I mean nothing in inventory. I did get a lot of dirt puddings but there was talk of making a costume & I want it!!!!...lol.

It would be great if we could actually dress our avatar in the costume we just made!
S8 this could have actually been a pretty neat goal...if there was a costume to wear!!

I only had two farm houses left cuz I even sold level 5 farm houses by accident :( and yeah, where are the dressed up people??

LadyKatja
10-29-15, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the update! I went from 12 puddings, to 43 :cool:

coolssp
10-29-15, 12:57 PM
S8 came through albeit after a lot of angst. But no costume LOL

nessa005
10-29-15, 12:57 PM
Now restocking, surely that wasn't the end? What has happened to the orphans? Where's the party? The event is supposed to end on Nov. 2@ noon. Will there be a mini update to round out the story or is the pool the end?
I'm feeling rather let down.

meme1098
10-29-15, 01:01 PM
Now restocking, surely that wasn't the end? What has happened to the orphans? Where's the party? The event is supposed to end on Nov. 2@ noon. Will there be a mini update to round out the story or is the pool the end?
I'm feeling rather let down.

Yea...I was hoping there'd actually be a costume for my avatar...lol. Silly me :p

It was a bit of a let down wasn't it. Don't really care about the zombie orphans any longer. They don't really deserve a party as far as I'm concerned but all of us do. :D

This pool better have some rare drops for all the darn tapping we had to do. :)

CLOVERKAITO
10-29-15, 01:08 PM
Yea...I was hoping there'd actually be a costume for my avatar...lol. Silly me :p

It was a bit of a let down wasn't it. Don't really care about the zombie orphans any longer. They don't really deserve a party as far as I'm concerned but all of us do. :D

This pool better have some rare drops for all the darn tapping we had to do. :)

This really is a trick for all of us who played like a mad man these past week (building cottages and checking in hourly or using gems) and a treat for all those who thought they weren't gonna make it lol

vednir
10-29-15, 01:11 PM
This really is a trick for all of us who played like a mad man these past week (building cottages and checking in hourly or using gems) and a treat for all those who thought they weren't gonna make it lol

Probably easiest to have 3-5 level 5 cottages and farmhouses in the end and then keep the rest as level 1 so you can shift back and forth as needed in the future without too much pain. In the past I don't believe we've needed more than one level 5 cottage but we've definitely needed 3 level 5 farmhouses.