PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 10/22/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

meme1098
10-24-15, 07:54 AM
Until now still no drops for watchtowers, lantern spires, cottages, farmhouses nor Sabina's nor Thurston's houses.

7 puddings and a half done by now and just 10 days for 48 more, so 120 gummies per day, so 100 extra gummies daily from any source and let's guess 2-3 per source. And same for cookies. At least 8 sources needed each 4 hours, up to 12 sources or 24 if a single drop...

Time is getting over and cooking time will also be a problem in few days :-/

Soup4tch posted a few pages back about extra sources by the end of the week. Well, now it's Saturday & there still aren't any extra sources for the ingredients.

If you mean the end of next week, at least say that!!!!. And that may not even be soon enough!!

Why are Part 1 & Part 2 timers both expiring the exact same time on the exact same day???

jesoftngentle
10-24-15, 07:58 AM
What is the reward for "We choose treats?". Does is drop anything special or is it a decoration? I would like to know if it really worth going after, I Have no more room for decorations. Thank-you.

meme1098
10-24-15, 07:59 AM
What is the reward for "We choose treats?". Does is drop anything special or is it a decoration? I would like to know if it really worth going after, I Have no more room for decorations. Thank-you.

Some sort of pond...maybe an essence pool? No one knows about drops since this is a ridiculous goal to gem through

jdygmgi
10-24-15, 08:18 AM
this is a ridiculous goal to gem through +1

And this may also be last time I ever do any S8 CS quest in the case we don't get any worthed item for our last 230 ridiculous tappings on that ridiculous building for 55 supposed orphans came from nowhere. Not only ridiculous it all but sad and really poor...

Still 370 taps to do in next 10 days and we all here loosing time and patience :mad:

KimbaTheLion
10-24-15, 09:04 AM
Good thing I got that 5 on the head start, made 1 more and doing my 7th now... STILL to get to 55?! ouch... they better do something...

robotparade
10-24-15, 09:18 AM
Why are Part 1 & Part 2 timers both expiring the exact same time on the exact same day???

Because they want you to buy gems. That's the answer to any 'why' question about CS quests.

zynga00001
10-24-15, 09:31 AM
Wow,WE CHOOSE TREAT QUEST , talk about a challenge that is impossible. What a way to get your players to buy gems. The orphanage gives 3 cookies and 3 gummy worms every hour. So you can collect 72 of each , if you collected every hour of the day. Let's not count Ivys hut , old Thomas house and adventures for the 1 cookie or worm. You need 1,375 cookies and worms to complete the task , so it would take you 20 days collecting every hour of every day , but you gave us 11 days to do this. How unrealistic to all your dedicated players, especially the young ones.

zynga00001
10-24-15, 09:53 AM
Since it's impossible to achieve the quest " We choose treats" without spending $20 to buy gems and that's with me collecting from the orphanage every hour for the next 10 day. It would cost twice that if you only collected from the orphanage 8-10 times a day. So this quest is out of the question for me. Besides taking 1.5 GB of memory, I'm thinking about moving to another game

mreames
10-24-15, 09:57 AM

Sourp4tch called it an "Essence Pool". It's pure speculation on my part, but the name suggests to me the possibility of maybe dropping enchanted and/or lumin essences (maybe other items?) but only time will tell.

mreames
10-24-15, 09:59 AM
It has been confirmed that other sources will be coming. We don't know exactly when.

Wow,WE CHOOSE TREAT QUEST , talk about a challenge that is impossible. What a way to get your players to buy gems. The orphanage gives 3 cookies and 3 gummy worms every hour. So you can collect 72 of each , if you collected every hour of the day. Let's not count Ivys hut , old Thomas house and adventures for the 1 cookie or worm. You need 1,375 cookies and worms to complete the task , so it would take you 20 days collecting every hour of every day , but you gave us 11 days to do this. How unrealistic to all your dedicated players, especially the young ones.

Since it's impossible to achieve the quest " We choose treats" without spending $20 to buy gems and that's with me collecting from the orphanage every hour for the next 10 day. It would cost twice that if you only collected from the orphanage 8-10 times a day. So this quest is out of the question for me. Besides taking 1.5 GB of memory, I'm thinking about moving to another game

Alexis19891102
10-24-15, 10:22 AM
Making the 28th pudding, we will see about the reward.

Alexis19891102
10-24-15, 10:27 AM
i just hope can reduce the making time, that is it.

BriarAvenue
10-24-15, 10:38 AM
Exactly, 3 hrs to make even after collecting those cookies n worms.
Not achievable without spending gems. Really dirty.

Wonkaland99
10-24-15, 10:58 AM
Soup4tch posted a few pages back about extra sources by the end of the week. Well, now it's Saturday & there still aren't any extra sources for the ingredients.

If you mean the end of next week, at least say that!!!!. And that may not even be soon enough!!

Why so stroppy, milady? It's so unlike you, I had to double check the signature. I hope someone hasn't stolen your account.
My understanding is that S8's week is Thursday to Thursday, so they have until Wednesday to add the extra sources.
As to what those sources will be, who knows?

I am happy that I have reached halfway with the Fabric, remaining 40 should take no more than 3 days.
Cooking will take 5 days when I reach that stage, so if the farmers and cottage dwellers join in with drops there's still time.

Seriously700
10-24-15, 11:05 AM
I did not get the 30 gems that I normally receive when downloading the frozen frenzy game, anyone else with this problem?

I got the goal yesterday morning, with at least several days on the timer. Before I had the chance to download the game, that offer was replaced with one offering sundaes as a reward. What! I don't want sundaes, I want gems!

I'm guessing that S8 is experimenting with lowering rewards for these things. I'm not going to download for sundaes, and I hope others don't do this either. Then S8 will see that other rewards are not as successful for them as gems.

Similarly, I choose not to watch the videos for 1 energy. I hope they get worse results with the energy offers and start switching everyone over to gem rewards.

mreames
10-24-15, 11:27 AM
I just downloaded it and even though it had a picture of a sundae, I received 30 gems.

I got the goal yesterday morning, with at least several days on the timer. Before I had the chance to download the game, that offer was replaced with one offering sundaes as a reward. What! I don't want sundaes, I want gems!

I'm guessing that S8 is experimenting with lowering rewards for these things. I'm not going to download for sundaes, and I hope others don't do this either. Then S8 will see that other rewards are not as successful for them as gems.

Similarly, I choose not to watch the videos for 1 energy. I hope they get worse results with the energy offers and start switching everyone over to gem rewards.

McZoll
10-24-15, 11:28 AM
OMG, now I realize... it's TRICK or TREAT. So finally at the end of the timer there will be a ridiculous trick to get the puppies 😎🙀😈

Seriously700
10-24-15, 11:29 AM
I just downloaded it and even though it had a picture of a sundae, I received 30 gems.

Curious. Did u only have the sundae goal? On my 2nd account, I have the typical goal plus the sundae goal.

mreames
10-24-15, 11:33 AM
Curious. Did u only have the sundae goal? On my 2nd account, I have the typical goal plus the sundae goal.

I only had the one goal. Plus I never got the goal on my other games that I normally get them but they still gave me the reward when I went into them.

It's possible it's something they have to do for the Apple Store. Just thinking out loud. Lol

Edit: after getting the 30 gems, then I received 2 more goals. One to keep playing, as normal, the other to collect from a cottage for (it showed +5) sundaes. I have 27 sundaes right now do I'm not sure how many I received. But it was in addition to the gems so that's a nice thing. ;)

midgetsocks
10-24-15, 11:44 AM
:)Ooh nice! What's your strategy if you don't mind?

stargaze91
10-24-15, 11:48 AM

I had only the goal for the sundaes too..but I received the gem rewards too ..plus the goal to click the cottage,which gave 5 sundae

dragoniakingdom
10-24-15, 11:50 AM
I'm rather confused here with some of the later posts:confused:
Are we still posting about the goal or something else?.......
Going back to the goal,there is no way I can obtain 55 dirt puddings in the time frame,so if there is something I am missing here please let me know.
At the moment not very happy at all with.:mad:

mreames
10-24-15, 11:56 AM
Keep plugging away as best as you can. S8 has said more sources of cookies and worms will be coming later.

I'm rather confused here with some of the later posts:confused:
Are we still posting about the goal or something else?.......
Going back to the goal,there is no way I can obtain 55 dirt puddings in the time frame,so if there is something I am missing here please let me know.
At the moment not very happy at all with.:mad:

Seriously700
10-24-15, 12:05 PM
I had only the goal for the sundaes too..but I received the gem rewards too ..plus the goal to click the cottage,which gave 5 sundae

Thanks to you and mreames. I got the gems and the sundaes too!

Lunaticus
10-24-15, 01:28 PM
Just baked my 1 pudding 😢 *tears*
Good bye mysterious pond.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-24-15, 01:45 PM
The extra buildings to collect from....S8 said this week. SW that would be today. Can you clarify this for us? If they are going to give us so little info could you ask that what they give us is, at the very, least accurate? Ty for any help SW. This must be frustrating for you as well.

twocute2b
10-24-15, 01:50 PM
I do hope there is more to this years halloween event, so far it has been pretty lame. Will we be getting anything remotely related to halloween?

arikasi
10-24-15, 02:07 PM
... early in the morning I am realizing...
I am taking the candy from the orphanage .. mixing it together.. and giving it back so they will be grateful..

the baron is rubbing off on me.

������

OnlyOneRamoth
10-24-15, 02:32 PM
I am so ridiculously bored. WTG s8.

kat8rose
10-24-15, 02:49 PM
Absolutely impossible without a huge gem investment. Wish I never did the orphanage. S8 is Halloween's answer to Scrooge! Thanks

Boud101
10-24-15, 02:52 PM
dirt pudding is the last straw... The amounts needed on recent quests are ridiculous ...going to quit after years of playing

SpiritWind00
10-24-15, 03:00 PM
I'm afraid we are on our own now... According to how I work out the time in S8 land, it's 6pm.

Here are the buildings available from level 17. It might be worth having them out for when the goal get updated. Don't collect though before checking here first or you see something new in game.

Royal buildings: Conservatory, Lantern Spires, Watchtowers, Library, Observatory
Town buildings: cottage, farmhouse, market, tavern

Can't be these: Theatre is level 19. Windmill is level 18.

Sorry all, no new update about the 'extra' sources or when they will start. My post above is not a list of what these extra sources will be, just a list of buildings you can have at level 17 for info purposes to save you having to go through all the buildings listed in the Hub.

sammiuk
10-24-15, 03:11 PM
I'm really really tired of this bull they are pushing more and more players away with these stupid updates that require 24/7 playing and gems spends to achieve and us hanging around here trying to figure out how it will all works. If I didn't have so many gems left I'd pack it in even with the amount of money and time I'm giving it up once they are spent. They have to take in to concideration that most of us work 8 hrs or so a day and at least sleep for 5. Players shouldn't be expected to hang on and collect every hr to make it or even close to making it and this time I can't see it possible and I have 2 kitchen level 50 and been playing over 2 yrs but I think enough is enough now any one else see this happening more and more and getting fed up

OnlyOneRamoth
10-24-15, 04:04 PM
Sorry all, no new update about the 'extra' sources or when they will start. My post above is not a list of what these extra sources will be, just a list of buildings you can have at level 17 for info purposes to save you having to go through all the buildings listed in the Hub.

Ty SW. I cannot help but wonder if that means that a) s8 doesnt communicate with you either; b) they do contact you but tell you nothing or c) they instruct you explicitly not to give the players any information.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-24-15, 04:06 PM
Overall it does not matter. A game that is not fun isn't a game at all.

WindermereBakery
10-24-15, 04:18 PM
I too am getting tired of these 'events' where you have to either spend gems and/or collect from buildings MANY times during the day. Many of us play several of their games so it seems lately that there is constantly some event going on. I don't mind opening the games several times a day, but real life, work, school, sleeping, spending time with our families should come first.
It is not even Halloween yet, and you know we will have Thanksgiving and Christmas events in all games, so I predict at least two more months of dedicating our lives to these games for items that we may not care about in five years.
I don't mind spending some money on gems if the game is fun, but these events need to be easier and shorter and that would be more fun in my opinion.

Have made two puddings so far and only nine days left!

Also just noticed two new goals in my list about the Baron's royal pet, but I'm afraid to click on them to start them. Are they also ridiculous timed events and do you get anything good for doing them?

calilive213
10-24-15, 04:20 PM
55 dirt puddings???!? Cmon really? So absurd.
Smh.

Queenzod
10-24-15, 04:51 PM
They can always extend the timer when they get back to us during the work week. It's too early to be mad and quit. They just need to fix it, which they will.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-24-15, 05:12 PM
They can always extend the timer when they get back to us during the work week. It's too early to be mad and quit. They just need to fix it, which they will.

If they gave us more information...if they worked just a teeny tiny bit to maintain our faith in them, we would not be so frustrated. I am not quitting, because that pond looks like it may be a good prize, but this is despite s8's ongoing apparent lack of respect for their customers.

EsmeW2
10-24-15, 05:54 PM
After a massive effort today I've made 4 puddings to add to the 5 we got as a reward. So I'd agree that the 55 target is absurd. Maybe things will change round on Sunday or Monday. If not time to give up!

daffdil
10-24-15, 05:58 PM
I've decided that the dirt pudding and the essence pond is not worth the stress. Games are supposed to be fun. This isn't fun.

Queenzod
10-24-15, 06:06 PM
If they gave us more information...if they worked just a teeny tiny bit to maintain our faith in them, we would not be so frustrated. I am not quitting, because that pond looks like it may be a good prize, but this is despite s8's ongoing apparent lack of respect for their customers.

I hear you! It is frustrating! It's par for the course, though. I think they do care, as long as it supports the game economy, but they've messed up before and made good. They have also messed up and NOT made good, but you win some, you lose some.

It's the weekend. We're not going to get any info before Monday. I just wouldn't spend any gems on this until we hear more. And I choose to believe they'll fix it so it's doable. It'll be okay. 😃

NachoBooBear
10-24-15, 06:24 PM
I'm hanging on hoping this trick or treat event gets better. BORED!

ladyperidot
10-24-15, 07:04 PM
I too am getting tired of these 'events' where you have to either spend gems and/or collect from buildings MANY times during the day. Many of us play several of their games so it seems lately that there is constantly some event going on. I don't mind opening the games several times a day, but real life, work, school, sleeping, spending time with our families should come first.
It is not even Halloween yet, and you know we will have Thanksgiving and Christmas events in all games, so I predict at least two more months of dedicating our lives to these games for items that we may not care about in five years.
I don't mind spending some money on gems if the game is fun, but these events need to be easier and shorter and that would be more fun in my opinion.

Also just noticed two new goals in my list about the Baron's royal pet, but I'm afraid to click on them to start them. Are they also ridiculous timed events and do you get anything good for doing them?

I clicked on both. Each has a 3 day timer. One is to get the pumpkin puppy and the other is the witch cat. From other posts, looks like they drop the same things as the ones you get thru barons tent. They want an insane amount of raw materials. Not worth it in my opinion.

ashanthya
10-24-15, 08:39 PM
And, guys, remember that we got five dirt puddings for finishing a goal. We're probably going to get more small goals (tricks) this coming week that give the dirt puddings themselves, not just the ingredients for them. We might even get the puddings as a building drop. For now, just make as many as you can. TL/S8 is aware of how many we can make a day, and we'll probably need those to finish the quest line off & ensure we don't need to gem it.

newzealander
10-24-15, 09:21 PM

Well put, Windermere. Real life is far more important, and collecting the same things over and over, feeling pressure and deadlines from a game is not right. Games should be fun, not having people setting alarms to interrupt their sleep because S8 thinks their prizes are worth it. Get annoyed, by all means....but once it's not fun anymore, switch it off for a week. It won't go away!

newzealander
10-24-15, 09:22 PM
I've decided that the dirt pudding and the essence pond is not worth the stress. Games are supposed to be fun. This isn't fun.

Applauding this.

mreames
10-24-15, 09:22 PM
That's exactly how I'm looking at it, that we might get actual pudding drops. That's in spite of the fact that wasn't given as a possibility in the latest S8 post. But it would make more sense.

And, guys, remember that we got five dirt puddings for finishing a goal. We're probably going to get more small goals (tricks) this coming week that give the dirt puddings themselves, not just the ingredients for them. We might even get the puddings as a building drop. For now, just make as many as you can. TL/S8 is aware of how many we can make a day, and we'll probably need those to finish the quest line off & ensure we don't need to gem it.

riverly
10-24-15, 09:27 PM
I think I'm losing my marbles. No wait they're in the pond http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/sarah50_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/D7E692C2-C683-4AF2-BA17-2DD33EB48DA6.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/sarah50_2009/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/D7E692C2-C683-4AF2-BA17-2DD33EB48DA6.jpg.html)
Or they could be some alien space pods.

freesiawoods
10-24-15, 09:58 PM

Not only is it frustrating, it is boring. The last few updates have been boring me off the game. I'm still on my first pudding. Whatever.

totalwasteoftime
10-24-15, 10:46 PM
I actually am enjoying these little Barons pet quests... Soooo much more interesting to be tapping a variety of things and I even chopped a bunch of trees and turned them into living wood. Soooo much more fun that tapping the orphanage every hour for weeks on end.

By the way, any guesses on if the orphans will figure into the story line? Like maybe one of them could be "the one" and we'll discover some sort of golden key necklace packed in his/her bags that will open a hidden door somewhere in the castle...? Or will we just have 55 orphan children under the care of a young ruler, an old scholar, a knight, a princess, a witch, her apprentice, and a troll? Maybe Agnes or Belladonna could move in to help out?

tabskingdom
10-24-15, 11:35 PM
Is there a way to finish this goal without using gems? I don't see how that's possible the drops for the ingredients to make the dirt is just to low u said they would be adding more drops have they? And will it even be enough it takes a lot just to make one dirt pudding but I really want to be able to finish this goal don't like missing out on things!

coolssp
10-24-15, 11:47 PM

Wow!!! I play fairly regularly but I've measly 8 puddings and this with castle and barracks on adventure... Hats off to you my friend :eek:

EBJW
10-24-15, 11:59 PM
I'm getting frustrated again - and therefore losing interest again,
because it seems to me more and more:

a quest or event starts: without knowing the exact rules. Always lots of ?? on our part, and we have to figure them out for ourselves, or a moderator must ask S8 about it (and yeah, always the weekend in between) and we wait and wait until we learn more...
Is it SO difficult to explain on forehand...?!
Or does S8 think this keeping in the dark keeps us on our toes and anxious.....?! (duh...)

Out of the blue we must build an orphanage, something to do with parents, but nobody knows what. Children, and especially orphans in a game give me the creeps, don't like it at all. Hoped to hear a reasonable friendly solution when the Halloween-quest would start. But Halloween-quest started and still no clue what's going on with these lost kids.

Then we must make dirt puddings. Yet again without knowing the ins and outs. Only, after a morator asked questions we were told that further this week (previous? next? monday? thursday?) more drops will be added.
??
A quick calculation ends up in: either complete puddings must start to drop, or lots and lots (really lots) of extra ingredients AND cooking time must be lowered, otherwise most of us will never ever finish this quest in time without spending gems....

All those questions and uncertainties and waiting...... Again.....
Sigh........

joss1323
10-25-15, 12:34 AM
Is the orphanage going to be decorated for Halloween forever? Please say no...

ShibuyaCloth
10-25-15, 12:44 AM
Is the orphanage going to be decorated for Halloween forever? Please say no...

Unless we can upgrade it to level 6, yes it will stay as is.

coolssp
10-25-15, 01:53 AM
I'm getting frustrated again - and therefore losing interest again,
because it seems to me more and more:

a quest or event starts: without knowing the exact rules. Always lots of ?? on our part, and we have to figure them out for ourselves, or a moderator must ask S8 about it (and yeah, always the weekend in between) and we wait and wait until we learn more...
Is it SO difficult to explain on forehand...?!
Or does S8 think this keeping in the dark keeps us on our toes and anxious.....?! (duh...)

Out of the blue we must build an orphanage, something to do with parents, but nobody knows what. Children, and especially orphans in a game give me the creeps, don't like it at all. Hoped to hear a reasonable friendly solution when the Halloween-quest would start. But Halloween-quest started and still no clue what's going on with these lost kids.

Then we must make dirt puddings. Yet again without knowing the ins and outs. Only, after a morator asked questions we were told that further this week (previous? next? monday? thursday?) more drops will be added.
??
A quick calculation ends up in: either complete puddings must start to drop, or lots and lots (really lots) of extra ingredients AND cooking time must be lowered, otherwise most of us will never ever finish this quest in time without spending gems....

All those questions and uncertainties and waiting...... Again.....
Sigh........

Very well put. I love the game and my neighbours but last couple of quests have been boring but this takes the cake. Mathematically near to impossible, no news forthcoming from S8, and did I say boring and repetitive. I really don't want to spend gems speeding up collection, I'd rather buy something useful. Can we please have communication to avoid this level of frustration amongst players.

konstans07
10-25-15, 01:54 AM
that dirt pudding.. did they say anything about the other buildings that we can collect the parts???? And need 55 ???? R u serious??? who thinks that goals, did he play the game???

ShibuyaCloth
10-25-15, 02:02 AM
that dirt pudding.. did they say anything about the other buildings that we can collect the parts???? And need 55 ???? R u serious??? who thinks that goals, did he play the game???

Don't worry, I have 7 now, and I am sure I can make it without using a single gem.

McZoll
10-25-15, 02:04 AM
Yes, 55 DirtPuddings is true see #56

Can you please decrease the number of the treat? because it is not good for children to eat too much sweet stuff!:D

And I still hope they will decrease this number "next week". This would be the easiest way to make this goal achievable in time. Reducing the amount of ingredients and/or the cooking time would disgust all the players who already made lots of dp.
OK, S8 also wouldn't really care the players? efforts and frustration... :(

Wonkaland99
10-25-15, 02:37 AM
I've decided the orphanage is no such thing. It's actually a very expensive Boarding School where rich Mummies and Daddies send their children. The parents can then play computer games all day.

mymummy789
10-25-15, 03:31 AM
Not only is it frustrating, it is boring. The last few updates have been boring me off the game. I'm still on my first pudding. Whatever.

I remember when castle story quests were exciting, worthwhile and achievable with a bit of effort. What went wrong? Now they are just tedious, and too reliant on repetitive actions involving ultra rare or too low drops. I have made one pudding. How am I meant to make 50 in the time remaining?

I'd like to know who is creating these events so I can hurl a few mouldy cabbages their way, because they are ruining my favourite game :(

butterfly_25
10-25-15, 04:47 AM
Great posts and valid points from all the frustrated players! I feel your pain. I'm still trying to gather enough resources for my FIRST pudding. I have been thinking about getting The Barracks and this might be the right time...but such little time left and a one or two day adventure only gives you one of each candy/cookie? :/.

I don't know why we can't get resources from Thurstons fort and Sabinas house like last years trick or treating. Don't tell me they are still on their honeymoon! :p

danzplace
10-25-15, 04:58 AM
You'll never regret getting the barracks even if it only somewhat help in this world jet, it has been a tremendous asset to me in others.

nightmare325
10-25-15, 05:14 AM
I too am still trying to get enough to start my 1st pudding....argh! Orphanage still waiting to upgrade to 4?...a zillion papers (may as well be)!! Only 1 from crafting......every 16 hrs...really? Or...you can speed that time up for a measley 64 gems per craft...LOL!...NOT! Why is the crafting time so long??...or why the heck is it 4x the wait time to speed up?!? Orphans give one hourly?, but who has time to collect every hour???
Crazyiness!!

8hat
10-25-15, 05:34 AM
I've decided the orphanage is no such thing. It's actually a very expensive Boarding School where rich Mummies and Daddies send their children. The parents can then play computer games all day.
I'm with you. Rather than make these brats this ridiculous dessert I want to buy them all a horse at 1500 coins each so they can all ride away from my kingdom.

calilive213
10-25-15, 05:50 AM
I think I'm losing my marbles. No wait they're in the pond http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/sarah50_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/D7E692C2-C683-4AF2-BA17-2DD33EB48DA6.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/sarah50_2009/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/D7E692C2-C683-4AF2-BA17-2DD33EB48DA6.jpg.html)

Lol!! It is rather pretty whatever those bubbles are. I don't want to get my hopes up that it drops lumin essences, that's something I'm always in need of. I do like water decorations regardless.

I've only got seven dirt puddings so far :'( not giving up yet.... cmon storm8 I still believe in y'all....

butterfly_25
10-25-15, 05:53 AM
You'll never regret getting the barracks even if it only somewhat help in this world jet, it has been a tremendous asset to me in others.

Thank you for your input :) it would definitely help, I just never seemed to consider it as much as right now lol :) I just might, before my gems get 'wasted'.

I too am still trying to get enough to start my 1st pudding....argh! Orphanage still waiting to upgrade to 4?...a zillion papers (may as well be)!! Only 1 from crafting......every 16 hrs...really? Or...you can speed that time up for a measley 64 gems per craft...LOL!...NOT! Why is the crafting time so long??...or why the heck is it 4x the wait time to speed up?!? Orphans give one hourly?, but who has time to collect every hour???
Crazyiness!!

Oh another player on less than one pudding and a level 3 orphanage! We're in the same boat. We can sulk together, friend. :( I wish you luck!

kolakid
10-25-15, 06:14 AM
Guess have to rememember it's "Trick or Treat" Time ... so...

Am hoping this is whole "55" dirt pudding goal is a "Trick" from S8
and next week we will get the "Treat" (that is hopefully ... better conditions to complete goal)!

... :confused::rolleyes:

nightmare325
10-25-15, 06:31 AM
Thanks! And good luck to you as well butterfly!! We can have some cheese & whine! LOL������

riverly
10-25-15, 07:23 AM
Is the orphanage going to be decorated for Halloween forever? Please say no...i have tried to hide the orphanage with trees and other deco, but I still don't like the looks of it. Too gaudy!! In my opinion.

roguebee
10-25-15, 07:30 AM
The treat from S8 is that everyone is finding the basic pudding in their kitchens without having to make it from cocoa, sugar, and milk.

anurulz
10-25-15, 07:34 AM
The optimistic part of me wants to believe tht this is the "trick" and the 55 puddings demand is a joke..am 7 puddings done in total, including the 5 we got as a reward..and I refuse to put alarms to collect from the game..am not giving an exam..if the whole goal stays as it is, then no matter how much I covet extra drops from the "pond", am not gonna put in any more effort than what am doing rt now..

mreames
10-25-15, 07:39 AM
I wonder if it's a still shot of a "bubbling brew". ;) that would make an awesome animation. Lol now, THAT, I'm NOT getting my hopes up on..... Lol

jkc619
10-25-15, 07:40 AM
How are we supposed to be able to make 55 of the dirt desserts in a week? Seems impossible

mreames
10-25-15, 07:49 AM
No need to speed up crafting for 64 gems when you can speed up orphanage for 2 gems. ;) I'm not saying you should speed anything up, I'd just hate for you to speed up the crafting.

Crazyiness!!

mreames
10-25-15, 07:53 AM
I'm definitely getting MY hopes up. Lol ...... It would make sense, at least, for something called an "essence pool". ;)

Lol!! It is rather pretty whatever those bubbles are. I don't want to get my hopes up that it drops lumin essences, that's something I'm always in need of. I do like water decorations regardless.

I've only got seven dirt puddings so far :'( not giving up yet.... cmon storm8 I still believe in y'all....

spchstew
10-25-15, 08:12 AM
If I have a red trillium, would Cownt Dracula be worth it?

Couwnt drops lots of "red" items, not just flowers. He is a bit pricey though!

spchstew
10-25-15, 08:16 AM
Just for yucks, let's say I actually get all the dirt puddings made . . . Does anyone know what the grand prize will drop? Is it a 4X4 (space)?

jdygmgi
10-25-15, 08:19 AM
I remember when castle story quests were exciting, worthwhile and achievable with a bit of effort.(

Me too. Nowadays the forum is pretty much exciting than the game, isn't it? I feel CS sadest each day, fun left months ago...

i have tried to hide the orphanage with trees and other deco, but I still don't like the looks of it. Too gaudy!! In my opinion.

Willow trees are finest, believe me. The observatory can also help ;)

Billydkd
10-25-15, 08:37 AM
Hey everyone! Just chiming in to confirm that more sources of Gummy Worms and Chocolate Cookies will be made available later in the week :)

Hope you all enjoy the event!

(Side note: Try turning the Essence Pool around when you get it! ;) )

How much for this bundle pack?

Anaboe
10-25-15, 08:37 AM
Please stop! To all my fellow players, please stop being so negatively about this quest.

Up till now, S8 has never let us down on these type of goals. Yes, there are goals that do require gems - but that's clear forehand: the moment you open the goal, it shows what item you need to buy and how much gems it costs.

Up till now, EVERY goal, seasonal, anniversary, as been reachable without spending gems. Yes, in the beginning it may seem undoable, but always, always, there was given extra opportunities.

Until the last 2 days, I for one, will not dispair. I will collect, and make as much as I can, enjoy the game.

Yes, if S8 lets us down, I will be hurt, and won't trust S8 anymore, maybe even quit, but up till than, I will have faith, because of the pastand because it still is an awesome game, with a great storyline and graphics!

lilkingdome
10-25-15, 09:07 AM
This goal is ridiculous! I have a full time job and a life!
I started with a level 5 orphanage and I've only managed 11 dirt puddings! With only 9 days left!
I can't imagine how frustrated players who hadn't gotten to level 5 by the start of this goal are!
There should be a lot more sources for the materials!

Alexis19891102
10-25-15, 09:10 AM
15 left

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-25-15, 09:29 AM
I'm with you. Rather than make these brats this ridiculous dessert I want to buy them all a horse at 1500 coins each so they can all ride away from my kingdom.
LOL!! *heart* this, lol

I told my zombie orphans (cuz in my queendom, that's what they are, otherwise how do they relate to H'ween? lol) to pack their bags but they just groaned & moaned at me ...and then ate the horses. LOL!

PS. I'm passing out 'chill pills' shaped like sugar skulls and taste like candy corn to everybody on here, lol... Yes, 55 dirt puddings that *cook*(?) for 3 hours and take 25 ea of cookies & gummy worms for ONE pudding (how crazy is that? I mean really, are we feeding GIANT zombie orphans now? lol) in the timeframe given is ludicrous...but surely something is coming down the pike soon that will ease it all. Patience, y'all. ...and here, have some "grape juice" from my vineyard to wash those chill pills back. Lol *hugs* all around to the pitchforked masses. :wink:

newpam575
10-25-15, 10:09 AM
b
LOL!! *heart* this, lol

I told my zombie orphans (cuz in my queendom, that's what they are, otherwise how do they relate to H'ween? lol) to pack their bags but they just groaned & moaned at me ...and then ate the horses. LOL!

PS. I'm passing out 'chill pills' shaped like sugar skulls and taste like candy corn to everybody on here, lol... Yes, 55 dirt puddings that *cook*(?) for 3 hours and take 25 ea of cookies & gummy worms for ONE pudding (how crazy is that? I mean really, are we feeding GIANT zombie orphans now? lol) in the timeframe given is ludicrous...but surely something is coming down the pike soon that will ease it all. Patience, y'all. ...and here, have some "grape juice" from my vineyard to wash those chill pills back. Lol *hugs* all around to the pitchforked masses. :wink:

Yes, it is time to drink the 'grape juice'. I agree with what you are saying and what others are saying too. Most people are much farther along than me. I still don't have a level 5 zombie orphanage and I still have not collected enough goodies for one dirt pudding. However, I refuse to stress about it. RL is way to important to stress about a game. Seeing my real kids in action and helping other family members is way more important than finishing a goal in this game. I play this game for fun. I would love to complete this goal but if I don't real life will continue.

ktorewqas
10-25-15, 10:10 AM
15 left
Wow, that's so close. Would you please share what the final prize is after you get it :)

coolssp
10-25-15, 10:18 AM
15 left

Please share your secret :rolleyes:

mreames
10-25-15, 10:46 AM
Please share your secret :rolleyes:

Seems like it would have to be gems.

Alexis19891102
10-25-15, 11:17 AM
wow, that's so close. Would you please share what the final prize is after you get it :)
of course!

littelprincess0313
10-25-15, 11:26 AM
How much for this bundle pack cost?

I'm laughing so hard right now!!
Totally made my day. You're great!!!

riverly
10-25-15, 11:47 AM
Me too. Nowadays the forum is pretty much exciting than the game, isn't it? I feel CS sadest each day, fun left months ago...

Willow trees are finest, believe me. The observatory can also help ;)i just saw your edit. Too funny. (Go to the original post too see it)

88silver
10-25-15, 12:03 PM
Cottages now drop cookies and gummy worms.

ETA: New mini-goal to visit three cottages:
http://media4002.dropshots.com/photos/365957/20151025/141128.jpg

OnlyOneRamoth
10-25-15, 12:08 PM

Yay s8! And on a Sunday too....nice surprise!!!

Rockylandia
10-25-15, 12:13 PM

Mine don't.

Rockylandia
10-25-15, 12:15 PM
Wait, they just started to!

aroara
10-25-15, 12:15 PM
Ivy hopes they drop lots??? I got 1 of each from my first visit :/

Korlcek
10-25-15, 12:16 PM
New goal - cottage treats
Visit three Cottages

coolssp
10-25-15, 12:18 PM
In goes farmhouses and out with cottages... But still need more buildings dropping goodies

Aliciak25
10-25-15, 12:20 PM
I just wanted to say that at least with this event s8 have an even amount of drops between cookies and Gummie worms

jericaD
10-25-15, 12:25 PM
And at least they responded to our requests on a Sunday!! TY
Happy collecting to all.

danzplace
10-25-15, 12:28 PM
Just maxed out on building cottages. I had 4 put when the quest popped up. 4 hour collection time! ;) happy collecting and cooking!

Sorry all should have refreshed my screen!

ktorewqas
10-25-15, 12:36 PM
Just maxed out on building cottages. I had 4 put when the quest popped up. 4 hour collection time! ;) happy collecting and cooking!
What's the limit on cottages?

danzplace
10-25-15, 12:37 PM
Thanks, you too! Was able to max on cottages at 14. Thanks goodness they just cost blocks and beams.nanyone get more? Have fun all!

danzplace
10-25-15, 12:37 PM
Thanks too Anaboe for keeping us positive!

ktorewqas
10-25-15, 12:41 PM
Thanks, you too! Was able to max on cottages at 14. Thanks goodness they just cost blocks and beams.nanyone get more? Have fun all!
I have 15 now

meme1098
10-25-15, 12:42 PM
Out come all my cottages from inventory. I thought Sunday was the beginning of the week...lol
Not 'toward the end of the week'. :confused:

newzealander
10-25-15, 12:46 PM
We're going to need an awful lot of cottages! At 4 collections a day, 14 cottages gives you just over 2 dirt puddings a day, plus the one a day most people were managing before this. That's 3 a day maximum, for most people who also have a work/family/social life. Maybe there's something else coming?

katbtodd
10-25-15, 12:46 PM
Do we know we going to get more goodie from our cottages and not a one time deal

midgetsocks
10-25-15, 12:48 PM
I have 15 now
How did you get to 15? I'm level 50 and the game isn't letting me have more than 11

mreames
10-25-15, 12:48 PM
I have 15 now
Yeah, my 2nd acct at level 44 has 15 now. 3 wooden beams and 3 stone blocks each.

mreames
10-25-15, 12:49 PM
How did you get to 15? I'm level 50 and the game isn't letting me have more than 11

Are you by any chance missing some? Check your inventory for different levels, maybe.

midgetsocks
10-25-15, 12:50 PM
No..it won't let me build anymore I have 11 :( ugh....

HistoryGirl7
10-25-15, 12:51 PM
I have 15 now
Hmm...I'm level 50 and it will only allow me 5?

Rockylandia
I have 19

Seriously700

There is a limit on the total number of town buildings you can have. I'm not sure what that number is. Why don't you try selling a farmhouse and see if you can then build another cottage.

vednir
10-25-15, 12:52 PM
Total limit of 40 town buildings. Refer to the building guide in The Hub subforum to see which building types this covers, but briefly: cottage, farmhouse, market place, tavern, windmill.

midgetsocks
10-25-15, 12:53 PM
^ ok thank you!

mreames
10-25-15, 12:57 PM
There is a limit on the total number of town buildings you can have. I'm not sure what that number is. Why don't you try selling a farmhouse and see if you can then build another cottage.

Yep, I was just going to say..... Because I have 19 on this account now. Guess it's time to sell some farmhouses. Lol just not going to sell my level 5 farmhouses. ;)

Edit: sold 6 farmhouses and still can't build anymore. Guess I'll try rebooting.

Castloninian
10-25-15, 01:01 PM
I increased from 10 to 20 and haven't got to the cap yet but think that's enough.

danzplace
10-25-15, 01:02 PM
I was actually able to get to twenty. Had to sell some of my farm houses from a previous adventure. Seems there is a limit to this type of building just like royal buildings. Sold 2 farm houses too many. 20 is the limit I reached.

mreames
10-25-15, 01:03 PM
I increased from 10 to 20 and haven't got to the cap yet but think that's enough.

If I can get to 25, that would be perfect to me. Lol

mreames
10-25-15, 01:07 PM
I was actually able to get to twenty. Had to sell some of my farm houses from a previous adventure. Seems there is a limit to this type of building just like royal buildings. Sold 2 farm houses too many. 20 is the limit I reached.

Yes, I think 20 must be the limit. Oh well, it's a whole lot better than before. Lol

Castloninian
10-25-15, 01:20 PM
Cottages help but maybe S8 can do something about 1 worm-cookie from a 24 or 48 hour adventure. Surely that should be like 5 of each?

Seriously700
10-25-15, 01:23 PM
We're going to need an awful lot of cottages! At 4 collections a day, 14 cottages gives you just over 2 dirt puddings a day, plus the one a day most people were managing before this. That's 3 a day maximum, for most people who also have a work/family/social life. Maybe there's something else coming?

I agree with you. The math still isn't working on this one.

I think we would need almost 25 cottages, collecting 4 times a day. That would give 4 dp's a day times 8 days ( my goal clock just changed to 8 days). That's 32 plus the 10 I already have. I need 13 more. In 3 days, I was able to make 5, so in 8 days at the same pace I should get the additional 13.

Problem is I really don't think I want to turn my whole kingdom over to cottages! How boring! I've got 15 already. That should be more than enough. Of course, we don't even know whether the reward is even worthwhile - S8 has been very inconsistent on that point. Some rewards have been awesome but others are duds. And we also don't know if other quests or buildings will be added. This is very annoying.

Edit: looks like it's a moot point because some have discovered a limit of 20 cottages. So this is not do-able in the time frame

newzealander
10-25-15, 01:23 PM
I don't think S8 would expect people to have 20 of something to achieve a quest, especially given that this is open to Level 17 players. I'm sure there is more help to come :-)

ktorewqas
10-25-15, 01:30 PM
Lol I have 25 cottages now and I ran out of wood beams :p

mreames
10-25-15, 01:31 PM
Lol I have 25 cottages now

I just got up to 22 on my 2nd acct. have to figure out what makes the difference. Lol

mreames
10-25-15, 01:33 PM
I don't think it's undo-able at this point but I do hope there's more coming. Figure 5 collections if you can collect as soon as you wake up. Then 4 more over 16 hours, the last before going to bed. Still leaves 8 hours to sleep. That's cutting it awful close but doable.

I agree with you. The math still isn't working on this one.

I think we would need almost 25 cottages, collecting 4 times a day. That would give 4 dp's a day times 8 days ( my goal clock just changed to 8 days). That's 32 plus the 10 I already have. I need 13 more. In 3 days, I was able to make 5, so in 8 days at the same pace I should get the additional 13.

Problem is I really don't think I want to turn my whole kingdom over to cottages! How boring! I've got 15 already. That should be more than enough. Of course, we don't even know whether the reward is even worthwhile - S8 has been very inconsistent on that point. Some rewards have been awesome but others are duds. And we also don't know if other quests or buildings will be added. This is very annoying.

Edit: looks like it's a moot point because some have discovered a limit of 20 cottages. So this is not do-able in the time frame

jptheripper
10-25-15, 01:39 PM
I just got up to 22 on my 2nd acct. have to figure out what makes the difference. Lol

22 was max for me and it said i reached my limit

mreames
10-25-15, 01:41 PM
22 was max for me and it said i reached my limit

My 22 is on level 44. But my level 50 reached the limit at 20 and selling farmhouses didn't help so I need to figure out what makes the difference.

ktorewqas
10-25-15, 01:42 PM
I just got up to 22 on my 2nd acct. have to figure out what makes the difference. LolI only have one per type of town buildings except 1 more tavern, few more farm houses. Hope the cottages keep dropping treat during the event or I will be broken lol

Seriously700
10-25-15, 01:47 PM
I don't think it's undo-able at this point but I do hope there's more coming. Figure 5 collections if you can collect as soon as you wake up. Then 4 more over 16 hours, the last before going to bed. Still leaves 8 hours to sleep. That's cutting it awful close but doable.
I see what you're saying but in real life, this would rarely fall into place. I usually have the flexibility to check in many times throughout the day, but I'm not always able to do so exactly every 4 hours. the 4 hours can easily become 4 1/2 hours, and next thing you know it becomes really hard to get that 5 th collection in.

I think I need to decide whether to bow out now, or keep going with my apparently skimpy supply of 15 cottages and hope that additional sources are provided soon. And as usual, we don't know what S8 is planning so we could make a well- thought decision.

mreames
10-25-15, 01:48 PM
I only have one per type of town buildings except 1 more tavern, few more farm houses. Hope the cottages keep dropping treat during the event or I will be broken lol

I'm up to 25 on my 2nd account but still stuck at 20 on this account. But I won't give up. Lol

mreames
10-25-15, 01:50 PM
It's totally up to you and like I said I hope they add even more but it at least has gone from totally impossible to slightly possible. ;) it's in the realm of doable even though it would take impeccable timing. I'd keep going and hope they add more. :)

I see what you're saying but in real life, this would rarely fall into place. I usually have the flexibility to check in many times throughout the day, but I'm not always able to do so exactly every 4 hours. the 4 hours can easily become 4 1/2 hours, and next thing you know it becomes really hard to get that 5 th collection in.

I think I need to decide whether to bow out now, or keep going with my apparently skimpy supply of 15 cottages and hope that additional sources are provided soon. And as usual, we don't know what S8 is planning so we could make a well- thought decision.

mreames
10-25-15, 02:03 PM
I'm up to 26 now on this account. While selling the first 6 farms didn't allow me to build any more cottages, I still had 10 farmhouses left. Each time I sold one of those 10 I was able to build another cottage. I haven't tried for 27 yet. Lol

anissada
10-25-15, 02:04 PM

i am allowed 13 cottages, sold 1 farmhouse (had 17) but still not allowed to buy another cottage.. btw.. i am also not allowed to buy the sold farmhouse back, very odd

in my other a count a could buy 22! cottages before limit reached, but only have 6 famhouses there

jericaD
10-25-15, 02:05 PM
It won't surprise me if they add farmhouses to the candy collecting. That would be doable for level 17 players as well. I will keep collecting and enjoy my game. ��

bac211
10-25-15, 02:14 PM
i am allowed 13 cottages, sold 1 farmhouse (had 17) but still not allowed to buy another cottage.. btw.. i am also not allowed to buy the sold farmhouse back, very odd

in my other a count a could buy 22! cottages before limit reached, but only have 6 famhouses there

Sometimes I have to sell 2 farmhouses to be able to add 1 cottage.

Seriously700
10-25-15, 02:21 PM
It's quite absurd when you think about it. I have friends that are addicted to various popular games but they don't understand when I talk about having to read the forums. Why would you need to do research to play a game, they wonder. I don't even bother trying to explain lol

mreames
10-25-15, 02:22 PM
On this account, I had 20 cottages placed when I reached my limit. I had 15 level 1 farmhouses and 3 level 5 farmhouses.
I sold 5 farmhouses but still couldn't build anymore cottages. Then I sold a 6th farmhouse and was able to build another cottage. Long story short, I sold all of my level 1 farmhouses and now have 30 cottages placed. Of course, now I need to actually construct a lot of them!!!! Lol

ktorewqas
10-25-15, 02:28 PM
On this account, I had 20 cottages placed when I reached my limit. I had 15 level 1 farmhouses and 3 level 5 farmhouses.
I sold 5 farmhouses but still couldn't build anymore cottages. Then I sold a 6th farmhouse and was able to build another cottage. Long story short, I sold all of my level 1 farmhouses and now have 30 cottages placed. Of course, now I need to actually construct a lot of them!!!! LolI am waiting. If the cottages keep dropping treats after the 3visits task, I will see if I can build more. At the moment now, I have no materials to construct them LOL

mreames
10-25-15, 02:29 PM
I am waiting. If the cottages keep dropping after the 3visits task, I will see if I can build more. At the moment now, I have no materials to construct them LOL

I have lots of stone blocks but no wood beams. Lol they do continue to drop after the goal, by the way.

ktorewqas
10-25-15, 02:33 PM
I have lots of stone blocks but no wood beams. Lol they do continue to drop after the goal, by the way.thanks :D now time to chop lol

gustafrog
10-25-15, 02:34 PM
I think i can buy 31 or 32, if i had the beams for it.... And im level 50... Its weird the number is different!

mreames
10-25-15, 02:35 PM
I think i can buy 31 or 32, if i had the beams for it.... And im level 50... Its weird the number is different!

It depends on total number of town buildings. I'm not willing to part with my level 5 farmhouses to build any more cottages. Lol level 1 farmhouses are easy enough to replace. ;)

Rockylandia
10-25-15, 02:41 PM
I guess it's possible if I denied my kingdom to build lots more cottages to augment the 19 I currently have. But what is the point of selling us Halloween decorations if we have to strip our kingdoms of all atmospheric or decorative items and make them solid masses of cottages? They need to think this through a little.

riverly
10-25-15, 03:00 PM
It won't surprise me if they add farmhouses to the candy collecting. That would be doable for level 17 players as well. I will keep collecting and enjoy my game. ��thats what I think.

mreames
10-25-15, 03:06 PM
thats what I think.
I hope they do, too. ;) at that point I'll probably sell some cottages and build more farms again. Lol in the mean time, I'll try to collect from cottages as much as possible due to the lengthy time to cook the puddings.

robotparade
10-25-15, 03:15 PM

Hear, hear!

arikasi
10-25-15, 03:18 PM
If this were farmhouses rather than cottages suddenly its possible. As it stands without selling the windmills jewellers and level 5 town buildings I think my month long journey is over. I have a level 5 orphanage and 16 cottages which will give me 3 puddings a day on my schedule. This is the point at which I will collect what I can but the enthusiasm has long since past and the light at the end of the tunnel is really dim right now.

anissada
10-25-15, 03:58 PM
Sometimes I have to sell 2 farmhouses to be able to add 1 cottage.

i discovered the problem.. the fairie bulb counts as well..

another thing .. my count dracula, of which i accidentally bought a second one... does NEVER give red things, only milk, poo and hide..

Wonkaland99
10-25-15, 04:09 PM
My kingdom was far from perfect, but I was happy with it. Gave some thought to planning and layout, and tinkered a bit each time I achieved an expansion.
Now great swathes have been demolished and replaced by building sites.
The workshops will spend most of tomorrow churning out basic wood beams because my efforts went into fancy,
At the end I will have 31 cottages and still don't know if it will be enough.
What a wonderful game this is!

Alexis19891102
10-25-15, 04:46 PM
9 left!

newzealander
10-25-15, 05:08 PM
9 left!
Care to share your secret? Or is this from using gems?

EsmeW2
10-25-15, 05:19 PM
If this were farmhouses rather than cottages suddenly its possible. As it stands without selling the windmills jewellers and level 5 town buildings I think my month long journey is over. I have a level 5 orphanage and 16 cottages which will give me 3 puddings a day on my schedule. This is the point at which I will collect what I can but the enthusiasm has long since past and the light at the end of the tunnel is really dim right now.

After a bit of quick building I've now got five cottages, but really can't be bothered with this. I don't want to build a whole lot more of cottages and then spend the next 8 days frantically collecting and manufacturing. If the cottage drops are as good as it gets then it's time for me to opt out of this one. I want to enjoy playing the game, not feel that it's horrible drudgery that will require me to constantly do something that's really boring.

Guardian452
10-25-15, 05:39 PM
After a bit of quick building I've now got five cottages, but really can't be bothered with this. I don't want to build a whole lot more of cottages and then spend the next 8 days frantically collecting and manufacturing. If the cottage drops are as good as it gets then it's time for me to opt out of this one. I want to enjoy playing the game, not feel that it's horrible drudgery that will require me to constantly do something that's really boring.

I hear you. Timed events that require you to collect up to 16 times a day based on a fixed schedule sucks the fun out of playing. It's too much like work. Leisure activities should fit your schedule, not the other way around.

eastie41
10-25-15, 06:22 PM
Thanks again to our wonderful mods and players for sharing information and tips.

It would be nice if the Search Ancient Vault adventure dropped more cookies/gummies or a dirt pudding. It's odd that an adventure (22 hours) drops the same amount of treats as the cottage (4 hours). I'll try to see if I can cook enough puddings, but I'm not sure I can do it during the time period. Have Fun !

ladyperidot
10-25-15, 06:32 PM

I agree. I've got 8, but the fun has long since gone out of this.

mreames
10-25-15, 07:27 PM
Photo after completion of collecting from 3 cottages.

fenixx7
10-25-15, 08:21 PM
I feel a bit rooked by all this. I was finished with the orphanage around mid month and used some gems to finish. Then to get an impossible goal for the final reward? I think we were all tricked! And building 40 cottages or more? What? Did the developers fall in a witches cauldron? They must have more planned to help us meet this goal. If not, the baron has them in his evil clutches!!

Dabag
10-25-15, 08:25 PM
Re: Trick-or-Treat Part 2

Does anyone have a photo of the congratulations for the final goal.
It would be appreciated if you could post that photo or even just the dialog here. I need the dialog for the Dialogue Thread,
Please and thank you.
dabag

FYI:
While making the effort to collect more often this past weekend; I do Not expect to complete this goal within the time frame. (8 dirt puddings & one in process)
Due to the Real Life seasonal events happening (that I do not want to miss) playing more than 3-4 times a day is not possible.

dalechristel
10-25-15, 08:56 PM
This was obviously not very well thought out by S8. If they have to make changes to a challenge a few days in, they are admitting they messed up. Even with the change, this is still basically impossible unless we sell all our existing town buildings to build cottages. And what's the reward??? An essence pool??? I'm already capped on all the essence items, so completely destroying my village is not worth it this time. Very disappointed with the game right now.

mreames
10-25-15, 09:37 PM
To be honest, I'm not so sure they changed their plans. The dialog said from the very beginning that "at the time" only old Thomas and Ivy were ready... Suggesting there would be more to come. I've been guessing there would be more to come from the very beginning of part 2. There still may be more to come even yet. ;) even if there isn't, I feel like I can make it now... But yes, with a ton of cottages. All I did was sell a bunch of level 1 farmhouses that are easily replaced with raw stone and wood.

I'm making a wild, very wild guess here... But my guess is essence pool dropping water and mermaid scales and occasionally the essence potions. Lol Like I said... VERY WILD GUESS! Lol

This was obviously not very well thought out by S8. If they have to make changes to a challenge a few days in, they are admitting they messed up. Even with the change, this is still basically impossible unless we sell all our existing town buildings to build cottages. And what's the reward??? An essence pool??? I'm already capped on all the essence items, so completely destroying my village is not worth it this time. Very disappointed with the game right now.

froltojo
10-25-15, 09:58 PM
Well this has turned out to be the last straw. An impossible task to do in the time. I've sold a heap of farmhouses and built cottages but I reckon that with 24 cottages and the long bake time for dirt pies, I still won't make it. I'm fed up chopping trees or logs to get wood to make Living Wood for upgrading the faerie bulb.
Over it! Boring!
Deleting game permanently as it's taking up over 1.2gb on iPad and it's become a chore rather than an enjoyable game. I've been playing for a couple of years but I'm done and moving on.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-25-15, 10:53 PM
I'm up to 25 on my 2nd account but still stuck at 20 on this account. But I won't give up. Lol

Well this has turned out to be the last straw. An impossible task to do in the time. I've sold a heap of farmhouses and built cottages but I reckon that with 24 cottages and the long bake time for dirt pies, I still won't make it. I'm fed up chopping trees or logs to get wood to make Living Wood for upgrading the faerie bulb.
Over it! Boring!

Deleting game permanently as it's taking up over 1.2gb on iPad and it's become a chore rather than an enjoyable game. I've been playing for a couple of years but I'm done and moving on.

These complaints now baffle me a little. When were left hanging, the frustration level was high...but they said more buildings were coming and more did come. And more still will come making this a challenging but achievable goal, which is the purpose of these events. tHe require collections is very frequent yes and I think s8 has to rethink that but consider please that this goal is available to level 17s. As a result, the devs are limited in what they may require.

mreames
10-25-15, 10:59 PM
I hope you weren't quoting me as complaining. I've been saying all along more help would come. ;)

These complaints now baffle me a little. When were left hanging, the frustration level was high...but they said more buildings were coming and more did come. And more still will come making this a challenging but achievable goal, which is the purpose of these events. tHe require collections is very frequent yes and I think s8 has to rethink that but consider please that this goal is available to level 17s. As a result, the devs are limited in what they may require.

EBJW
10-25-15, 11:04 PM
Glad we have the opportunity to collect from cottages now, but:
- my kingdom is overwhelmed with cottages now, not a pretty sight...
- I doubt I will have 55 puddings at the end if other buildings will not start dropping as well....

A quick rough calculation:
I now have 10 puddings (5 from the quest and 5 made)(so I made 5 puddings in 3,5 days = 1,4 puddings a day.)
I put out 25 cottages (I sold a lot of farmhouses so I could buy cottages instead).
If I can collect the cottages 4 times a day, (I know it's possible to collect 5 times, but I can't always collect sharp every 4 hours) that gives 100 worms/cookies. So I can bake 4 puddings plus 1,4 I can make from collecting the orphanage/Thomas/Ivy/adventure.
5,4 puddings x 8 days = 43 puddings.
That makes a total of 53....

So let's hope more buildings will start dropping worms and cookies, and/or we can gain complete puddings through quests, or....

mreames
10-26-15, 12:00 AM
It doesn't affect me because I only have just the one.. But S8/Sourpatch/anyone else.. Was the faerie bulb really meant to be considered a "town" building???? That doesn't make sense to me.

FinsFabulousFoods
10-26-15, 12:10 AM
Yeah, disappointed so far. Only at 6 puddings so far, ran out of beams and blocks building cottages, am going to need to make 6 mud pies per day from now on, possibly 7 depending on the exact end time. Even if more buildings start dropping, I'll need to have both kitchens running almost non stop for the next 7 days making mud pies. How is that fun? Hope S8 comes up with something else for this event. Not liking the all pay halloween items, and the grind for collecting. So far halloween is a bust.

Wonkaland99
10-26-15, 01:26 AM
Situations Vacant
Carpenters and stonemasons required for large short term construction project.
Hard work, minimum wage and unpaid overtime.
Possible benefit share on completion.

Also hiring demolition contractors to be on site 3rd November.

ciarjen
10-26-15, 01:29 AM

I came to the forum when I saw the cottage goals appear at update time on Sunday. It was a bit odd. The royal pet goals also appeared at the same time, two days later than other people got them on the forum. Something else which is not right.

I had been collecting away to make my first dirt pudding for days, only to find that I have to make 55. 55 ??? whoever thought of that when the most items you could collect were just a few a day.

I have now maxed out on cottages but even collecting at 4 hours, there's no way I can meet that goal.

Someone made a mistake here and what they should have done is amend the goal of 55 puddings instead of this bizarrely convoluted way of achieving it by having to sell buildings, then buy buildings which means all players seem to have different limits and different opportunities to meet the goal. I will be surprised if anyone can actually make the goal and unless you visit the forum there is no way you could work out what needs to be done because it doesn't tell you in the game.

It does seem to me that less people now visit the forum for this game.

coolssp
10-26-15, 02:04 AM
I think this would be my first quest in two years that I have no hope of completing. I've 11 puddings so far and max can make 1 or 2 a day. Real life in the way of game life :rolleyes:

danzplace
10-26-15, 02:14 AM
There is a good chance I won't make it either, but I appreciate the layer a to this season, many of which have been requested over time:
Participating as you level up your building
The chance to buy previous season items (I love my count cow)
The chance to earn things in the prize tent without spending gems
Quests with updates more than once a week
A weekend update when many do not work
Etc

Yes. I may not make it but I'll strategize. The best I can and have fun trying while I live my life too...everyone from level 17 up has a chance for something this time . Just my 2 cents :)

danzplace
10-26-15, 02:16 AM
Oh, and the building looks nice from the beginning, a biggie for me I already forgot. Off to start my day.

anissada
10-26-15, 02:58 AM
max dfor cookies and worms is 99 for both

nightmare325
10-26-15, 03:21 AM
No need to speed up crafting for 64 gems when you can speed up orphanage for 2 gems. ;) I'm not saying you should speed anything up, I'd just hate for you to speed up the crafting.

Yeah......No!...LOL! I was super surprised at the time and price!! On the upside, I finally have one dirt pudding! YAY! Still under 40 for paper...orphanage may never see 5. : )

Lyzau
10-26-15, 04:42 AM
I have enjoyed playing CS for well over two years now and so far made all the timed goals even when they have felt like chores at times, I was still motivated to accomplish the goals en enjoyed building out my kingdom. I have managed to get my Orphanage to lvl 5, but I am going to pass on this final goal. It has suddenly taken away all my appetite for the game. Something I didn't expect to happen at all any time soon, as I was still having a good time. I am not deleting (yet), but not eating the dirt pudding either. Very disappointed.

Boud101
10-26-15, 05:01 AM
You are soon right! goals have become abusive!

Seriously700
10-26-15, 05:26 AM
Situations Vacant
Carpenters and stonemasons required for large short term construction project.
Hard work, minimum wage and unpaid overtime.
Possible benefit share on completion.

Also hiring demolition contractors to be on site 3rd November.

Love this!

Maybe all these cottages will attract new families who in turn will adopt the orphans, although I guess some of the cottages will likely be occupied by farmers whose houses were irreparably damaged in the severe storms that blew in over the weekend.

Seriously700
10-26-15, 05:34 AM
I guess it's possible if I denied my kingdom to build lots more cottages to augment the 19 I currently have. But what is the point of selling us Halloween decorations if we have to strip our kingdoms of all atmospheric or decorative items and make them solid masses of cottages? They need to think this through a little.

I was thinking the same thing. It's so hard to have room for decorations when your kingdom is overrun with cottages.

Plus anyone that's been working on the witch kitten and pumpkin puppy needs to have out numerous animals, ponds, mushrooms, etc to meet the requirements and replenish supplies.

Sandybellee
10-26-15, 05:57 AM
I think this is impossible for me to complete this. I have 17 cottages up and running and 3 more under construction but I've only been able to gather 7 dirt puddings so far (5 from upgrading the orphanage). I would need to make almost 7 a day to complete and that is nowhere near realistic. I could really use that essence pool too so I'm very disappointed.

Korlcek
10-26-15, 06:01 AM
I think this is impossible for me to complete this. I have 17 cottages up and running and 3 more under construction but I've only been able to gather 7 dirt puddings so far (5 from upgrading the orphanage). I would need to make almost 7 a day to complete and that is nowhere near realistic. I could really use that essence pool too so I'm very disappointed.

If its of any comfort, although the pool name has essence in it, there are no essences in its drops. Currently its on the same level as Rustic well minus Tablet bonus.

Anaboe
10-26-15, 06:11 AM
I can't be the only one who is enjoying this goal, now can I?

All previous events required me to redecorated my kingdom: I had lost of farmhouses, lots of conservatories, lots of tavernes and marketplaces, had all farm-grounds filled with corn, had a thousand horses, a couple of dozens pigs, lots of ponds and well, flowers, flowers all over the place. Only to store, sell or even demolisch them when they were no longer usefull to me.

Really, I don't see any differences between this time limited event and others. And all of those events I could finish, none of them really required gems. So yes, even tho I don't see how I can finish this one at this moment, I have confidence that I will.

What's the difference between franticaly collecting flowers, corn, conservatories of cottages? I don't see it, so as I enjoyed previous events, I am enjoying this one. Please, tell me I'm not the only one...

orleansparish
10-26-15, 06:14 AM
Oh great. I'd forgotten about the goal to check my cottage until this moment and saw we can get worms and cookies from them. I'd have spent time building a ton of them! I have six out and built two more but need energy to chop trees. Used up all I had making living wood for the pet. Now I need to collect truffles and stuff from the pond to get the other.

All of these things are super fun. But one on top of another? Exhausting! Especially since I'm busy stuffing my face with all this amazing New Orleans food my Mom is feeding me. The nerve!

stargaze91
10-26-15, 06:22 AM
If its of any comfort, although the pool name has essence in it, there are no essences in its drops. Currently its on the same level as Rustic well minus Tablet bonus.
So its just a fancy looking pond?? Did you get the essence pool, or whatever it is called.. If so, please do tell if it drops something useful, and maybe post an inventory pic if possible

sued62
10-26-15, 06:27 AM
Hi. I've got 13 cottages out and game says I'm at my limit. Tried putting other buildings away but still joy. Any ideas please

jimmeofdoom
10-26-15, 06:35 AM
Hi. I've got 13 cottages out and game says I'm at my limit. Tried putting other buildings away but still joy. Any ideas please

I think the 40-townbuilding limit is on the number owned (including stored), not just displayed. So to build more, you may have to sell other town buildings.

Sandybellee
10-26-15, 06:45 AM

Oh! Well, it's not such a big loss then. Thanks for the info!

Korlcek
10-26-15, 06:50 AM
Oh! Well, it's not such a big loss then. Thanks for the info!

They may add stuff to its drops later, as they've done numerous times before, but currently it only drops water, fish and mermaid scales. I don't have any pics though.

sued62
10-26-15, 06:51 AM
Thanks for info. You're right and problem solved ����

dipwid
10-26-15, 06:53 AM
Wow, this is going to be a real challenge. Dropped and broke my tablet this weekend. Found another to load Monday night. Can sell the multiple farmhouses bought for a previous event. So each drops 1 cookie and one gummy right? Any tips on what to store for space to put these things? Also, quick reference, what is needed to build a cottage again?

mreames
10-26-15, 06:59 AM

I had to sell 15 level 1 farmhouses to add 10 more cottages. Just saying so you know it's not always 1 for 1.

mreames
10-26-15, 07:01 AM
Wow, this is going to be a real challenge. Dropped and broke my tablet this weekend. Found another to load Monday night. Can sell the multiple farmhouses bought for a previous event. So each drops 1 cookie and one gummy right? Any tips on what to store for space to put these things? Also, quick reference, what is needed to build a cottage again?
3 wooden beams and 3 stone blocks each.

mreames
10-26-15, 07:05 AM
They may add stuff to its drops later, as they've done numerous times before, but currently it only drops water, fish and mermaid scales. I don't have any pics though.
Do you know the time for regenerating?

Korlcek
10-26-15, 07:19 AM
Do you know the time for regenerating?

12h, go figure...

I'm pretty sure more interesting stuff is coming for the pool.

dragon2046
10-26-15, 07:22 AM
12h, go figure...

Let's hope :). This is a lot for a deco that drops what the mermaid ponds and wells do. I guess though to a level 17 that would be really great. Sometimes I think I've played the game too long I'm not as easily impressed. Lol. :). Enjoy everyone.

ciarjen
10-26-15, 07:29 AM
12h, go figure...

1 dirt pudding and a 2nd one being made.

I can't see how I am going to complete the goal, so the interesting stuff for the pool will have to go on without me. :(

This is the first goal I have been unable to complete. It's completely unrealistic and disappointing.

mreames
10-26-15, 07:30 AM
12h, go figure...

I sure hope so, too! Did you turn the pool as Sourp4tch suggested? I've been curious about that statement. Lol

celphyn
10-26-15, 07:33 AM
I'm just starting the "We choose Treats!" part.
55 Dirt Puddings !!! I needed 2 days just for one.
I don't think I can make it with 8 days left >.<

mreames
10-26-15, 07:48 AM
Build as many cottages as you can and willing to build. It can dramatically increase the number you can make.

I'm just starting the "We choose Treats!" part.
55 Dirt Puddings !!! I needed 2 days just for one.
I don't think I can make it with 8 days left >.<

Skeptacular
10-26-15, 08:07 AM
Is this goal actually physically possible? I don't see how I can possibly make 50 3 hour meals in 8 days?

mreames
10-26-15, 08:38 AM
Is this goal actually physically possible? I don't see how I can possibly make 50 3 hour meals in 8 days? with 2 kitchens, yes. (Personally, I think everyone should strive to have 2 kitchens) The harder part, of course, is getting all of the cookies and worms. Start building as many cottages as you can handle.

riverly
10-26-15, 08:53 AM
Where are the math wizards when we need them?? Hehe. Seriously I'm still holding out for something else that drops cookies and worms. And I am skeptical about the prize being a mermaid pond clone.

garysafb2
10-26-15, 08:57 AM
I'm waiting on something that drops Dirt Pudding. Why can't adventures drop pudding instead of 1 worm and 1 cookies. Geez. I think cooking the pudding is taking waaaay to long.

Wonkaland99
10-26-15, 09:08 AM

All previous events required me to redecorated my kingdom: I had lost of farmhouses, lots of conservatories, lots of tavernes and marketplaces, had all farm-grounds filled with corn, had a thousand horses, a couple of dozens pigs, lots of ponds and well, flowers, flowers all over the place. Only to store, sell or even demolisch them when they were no longer usefull to me.

Really, I don't see any differences between this time limited event and others. And all of those events I could finish, none of them really required gems. So yes, even tho I don't see how I can finish this one at this moment, I have confidence that I will.

What's the difference between franticaly collecting flowers, corn, conservatories of cottages? I don't see it, so as I enjoyed previous events, I am enjoying this one. Please, tell me I'm not the only one...

You're not the only one! I'm enjoying it as well, but would have preferred a couple more days to collect from the cottages.
Nil desperandum.

ktorewqas
10-26-15, 09:41 AM
They may add stuff to its drops later, as they've done numerous times before, but currently it only drops water, fish and mermaid scales. I don't have any pics though.another mermaid pond, they should have named it merman pond. Hope it drops essences even it's occasionally ;)

janddolphins
10-26-15, 09:49 AM
I am currently on the side of those who physically cannot complete it. I did put 10 cottages up, but did not want to go crazy. I am also hoping we will be getting more help along with something easier to collect, so holding out on that hope to be able to finish the event, or else it will be the first holiday event I have not completed in over 2 years. Let's just hope my hunch that they will offer more along the way is true and soon!

mreames
10-26-15, 09:56 AM
another mermaid pond, they should have named it merman pond. Hope it drops essences even it's occasionally ;)

I hope I didn't set up disappointments by speculating about what it might drop. But I'm still hoping, too. ;)

vozier
10-26-15, 10:16 AM
Where are the math wizards when we need them?? Hehe. Seriously I'm still holding out for something else that drops cookies and worms. And I am skeptical about the prize being a mermaid pond clone.

8 days means roughly 192 hrs. Divide that by 3 assuming you time collects and crafts perfectly and you will be able to craft 64 dirty puddings in 8 days, per kitchen, so its 128. If we assume 12 hours a day to sleep and other occupations you must halve that total of 128 to 64 again. So yes you will be able to crafte the puddings in 8 days, although it will be a royal PAIN...

On the other hand collecting the materials is the real trick... lol.... I myself are stuck with the cottages, because i only had 3 and am very short on logs, so add the spooky paper craft and i am really tied of hands to craft another 10 cottages or so..
Assuming you have 10 yo will collect 1 of each item every 5 hours! yes 5 hours! so you will get rouyghly 30 cookies and gums /day with 10 cottages... doing the obvious math that allows you to craft around 10 puddings or so in 8 days... give or take a couple more for ivys hut, adventures and old thomas house... YES you calculated right if you think you will need around 50 cottages to end this goal... ROFLMAO

so YES this goal is absurd even spending gems it would be a ton of themm.

I WILL NOT stress myself, will craft whatever i can so next year i might finish this hopefully... As of this year i am calling Peter Pan so he takes the orphans to neverland and be over with... LOL

Mylania
10-26-15, 10:36 AM

I am glad you are enjoying this event, and I'm sure you are not alone. I'm continuing on in the hopes that more, different buildings will begin to drop ingredients, or even better, dirt pudding. If not, I don't think I will make 55 with " just" 12 cottages. For me, the difference betwen this and past events is that number... I had at most 5 farmhouses, 4 conservatories, 3 markets, 2 taverns. I have added horses, pigs, ponds, flowers, etc as needed, but never in the dozens, generally not more than 6-8. I have simply refused in each case to put everything else away and do nothing but tap one thing endlessly. Doing this, I have met every goal since I started playing, just after the love shack Valentines event. I rarely use gems for events either. I like to keep my kingdom looking good, not a ghetto of the same building, and I think it's crazy that we have to do just that in order to meet a goal. Even 12 cottages makes me not want to look at my kingdom...and I know that won't be enough unless something else is added. I could add more, sure, but then my enjoyment of the game would wane even more.

riverly
10-26-15, 10:39 AM
8 days means roughly 192 hrs. Divide that by 3 assuming you time collects and crafts perfectly and you will be able to craft 64 dirty puddings in 8 days, per kitchen, so its 128. If we assume 12 hours a day to sleep and other occupations you must halve that total of 128 to 64 again. So yes you will be able to crafte the puddings in 8 days, although it will be a royal PAIN...

On the other hand collecting the materials is the real trick... lol.... I myself are stuck with the cottages, because i only had 3 and am very short on logs, so add the spooky paper craft and i am really tied of hands to craft another 10 cottages or so..
Assuming you have 10 yo will collect 1 of each item every 5 hours! yes 5 hours! so you will get rouyghly 30 cookies and gums /day with 10 cottages... doing the obvious math that allows you to craft around 10 puddings or so in 8 days... give or take a couple more for ivys hut, adventures and old thomas house... YES you calculated right if you think you will need around 50 cottages to end this goal... ROFLMAO

so YES this goal is absurd even spending gems it would be a ton of themm.

I WILL NOT stress myself, will craft whatever i can so next year i might finish this hopefully... As of this year i am calling Peter Pan so he takes the orphans to neverland and be over with... LOLtoo funny. Sounds like a start to a bad joke--how many cottages does it take to.... But I was considering calling the Pied Piper to lead the orphans far far away!!!

ciarjen
10-26-15, 11:06 AM
I am glad you are enjoying this event, and I'm sure you are not alone. I'm continuing on in the hopes that more, different buildings will begin to drop ingredients, or even better, dirt pudding. If not, I don't think I will make 55 with " just" 12 cottages. For me, the difference betwen this and past events is that number... I had at most 5 farmhouses, 4 conservatories, 3 markets, 2 taverns. I have added horses, pigs, ponds, flowers, etc as needed, but never in the dozens, generally not more than 6-8. I have simply refused in each case to put everything else away and do nothing but tap one thing endlessly. Doing this, I have met every goal since I started playing, just after the love shack Valentines event. I rarely use gems for events either. I like to keep my kingdom looking good, not a ghetto of the same building, and I think it's crazy that we have to do just that in order to meet a goal. Even 12 cottages makes me not want to look at my kingdom...and I know that won't be enough unless something else is added. I could add more, sure, but then my enjoyment of the game would wane even more.

Me too, I have met all the goals since I began way back in the Love Shack days.

This one I just can't do unless they change something.

When the cottage task was launched we had 8 days left. Assuming you have to make another 50 puddings in 8 days -

50 x 25 = 1250 each of item are needed.

1250 divided by 8 days = 156 needed per day.

Collect cottage 4 times a day = need 39 cottages
Collect cottage 5 times a day = need 31 cottages

So even if you don't mind not sleeping much and collect 5 times a day for 8 days, you would need to have 31 cottages. I can't build 31 cottages and I see from the thread other people are similarly limited.

So S8 have fixed an impossible event and made it still impossible.

Maybe the Christmas event will be better :)

vizbiz11
10-26-15, 11:14 AM
Of course it will be possible to finish this quest! I'm sure that TL will *generously* offer a bundle for us to purchase either cookies and gummy worms or possibly dirt pudding already made. All priced at either $4.99 or $9.99. Yes, this is sarcasm. :(

PrincessCupOButter
10-26-15, 11:37 AM
I don't think they are orphans at all. I think the Baron kidnapped them and is forcing them to demand unreasonable amounts of dirt pudding, obviously violating child labor laws. The poor children probably won't even get to eat any of the pudding.

riverly
10-26-15, 11:47 AM
I don't think they are orphans at all. I think the Baron kidnapped them and is forcing them to demand unreasonable amounts of dirt pudding, obviously violating child labor laws. The poor children probably won't even get to eat any of the pudding.oh the poor little hellions-er I mean sweethearts.

mreames
10-26-15, 11:50 AM
You're not factoring in anything from a level 5 orphanage in this scenario. While there may be a lot of players that don't have a level 5 orphanage, there are still a lot of players that do.

For those that had a level 5 orphanage prior to part 2 starting it was possible to have around 10 puddings crafted by the time the cottage was introduced.

So assuming another 40 puddings are needed:

40 X 25 = 1000 of each item needed.
1000 divided by 8 days = 125 needed per day.

Collect cottage 4 times a day = need 32 cottages
Collect cottage 5 times a day = need 25 cottages

But that's still not factoring in a level 5 orphanage. If one could collect from the orphanage 8 times a day plus Ivy one time and old Thomas one time, then 100 per day would be all that is needed from cottages and that could be accomplished with 20 cottages at 5 times a day or 25 cottages at 4 times a day. Then there's the possibility of collecting from the orphanage more than 8 times a day. If someone could collect from the orphanage 16 times a day then one could get by with 15 cottages. I'm not saying that's easy to do but it is possible. And we STILL don't know if anything else will come along to help or not. I just want to present the other scenario so everyone doesn't assume the math is totally impossible. ;)

Me too, I have met all the goals since I began way back in the Love Shack days.

This one I just can't do unless they change something.

When the cottage task was launched we had 8 days left. Assuming you have to make another 50 puddings in 8 days -

50 x 25 = 1250 each of item are needed.

1250 divided by 8 days = 156 needed per day.

Collect cottage 4 times a day = need 39 cottages
Collect cottage 5 times a day = need 31 cottages

So even if you don't mind not sleeping much and collect 5 times a day for 8 days, you would need to have 31 cottages. I can't build 31 cottages and I see from the thread other people are similarly limited.

So S8 have fixed an impossible event and made it still impossible.

Maybe the Christmas event will be better :)

vednir
10-26-15, 11:54 AM
Even with a fairly generous schedule of being able to play and using free/purchased gems the math is hard to grapple with. There's too many factors to come up with a universally applicable formula but I need another 43 dirt puddings which equates to about 6 per day. I'd need a more than liberal application of gems to get there at this point in time.

DeeDeeBird70
10-26-15, 12:36 PM
I am currently on the side of those who physically cannot complete it. I did put 10 cottages up, but did not want to go crazy. I am also hoping we will be getting more help along with something easier to collect, so holding out on that hope to be able to finish the event, or else it will be the first holiday event I have not completed in over 2 years. Let's just hope my hunch that they will offer more along the way is true and soon!

I'm in very much the same place. I started playing the Valentine edition as a download goal from another game. Got hooked immediately. Little did I know that about 3 weeks later my best friend would suddenly pass away. This game as well as others from TL/S8 served as a good distraction from my grief. I played to Level 26 without neighbors or the forum. But things were easier back then. When I ran into goals that needed neighbors, I reached out and found many good ones. And what a support system they became when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Their kind words and prayers saw me through surgeries, chemo, and radiation. When I was too fatigued to do much else, this game was always there. Let me add a plug. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Ladies be sure to get your mammograms and check yourself.

This forum has provided so much information. Many, many thanks to those who have skipped ahead and posted their results. And also to those those who have spent countless hours compiling all the data in the Hub and other places. It is because of the posted pictures of the upgraded Orphanage, I decided to keep it at Level 3. I'm not that much into Halloween and the good graphics of the building makes it look very much like a school. It's something that fits into my layout. I chose to do this knowing it would be the very first event goal that would not be completed and that it might come back to "bite me" with a further goal.

That being said, I have disrupted my carefully designed kingdom with 10 cottages and will see how many puddings I can craft. (Currently #2 is cooking) what I do end up with in storage will remind me of this event. This "Trick or Treat" does seem to be more frenetic than previous ones, BUT it is not dependent on those random drops that have frustrated so many. I recall the Dragons one where I did choose to gem the 3rd egg when 50 trips did not bring it. that was the first and only time I've purchased gems. The company does not get back anywhere what they have provided me except my sincere THANKS for a great game.

Come and visit if you like and see my homage to all things Valentine. See if you can find the Baron's tent. I also chose not to get his pets. Didn't like them in the tent when I saw them there and not going to use resources for them.

kellbell710
10-26-15, 12:58 PM
Of course it will be possible to finish this quest! I'm sure that TL will *generously* offer a bundle for us to purchase either cookies and gummy worms or possibly dirt pudding already made. All priced at either $4.99 or $9.99. Yes, this is sarcasm. :(

LOL, this is soooo true. :D

midgetsocks
10-26-15, 01:12 PM
14 puddings and 7 days to go! With 25 cottages out and a level 5 orphanage.

25 cottages x 4 or 5 collections a day = 4 or 5 puddings/day = 28 or 35 puddings over the next 7 days
^ brings me to 42-49 puddings

That's not counting the orphanage, OT house and Ivy's hut. I think I'm good.
Mind you I've spent some gems speeding up at the half hour mark.
I'll see how it goes, right now I have just about enough to keep 1 cooking in the kitchen at all times. But both kitchens aren't tied up, yet..

atiragram
10-26-15, 01:24 PM
Gosh I catch myself actually hoping for such a bundle. Please with some spooky paper, spooky fabric and dirt puddings. I'd actually spend the 4,99 for it, would be the first time, but I'm way from even a level 4 orphanage, really curious for this essence pond (I missed the event featuring the self-stirring cauldron for a holiday on a ship, no WiFi :( ) and will not manage to collect from my 20-odd cottages often enough. Of course if we can have the feral adventure drop ten dirt puddings, or something along this line, that would be even better :D.
In any case I hope there will be some more ease in making the puddings, admittedly the cottages do help already but that won't be enough for me.

Reading your posts it seems like I'm not the only one, though. Yes let's hope the "more sources to come along" were supposed to be more than just the cottages. Maybe some farmers get ready soon, farmhouses refresh very quickly, that would help a lot.

mreames
10-26-15, 01:29 PM
With 30 cottages I've been able to use both kitchens a couple of times but usually just one at a time. I do have 2 cooking right now that will put me at 19 puddings. I'll start #20 in about an hour and a half, leaving me needing about 5 a day.

I'm hoping I'll reach a point where I don't feel the need to visit the orphanage every hour or so but I'll keep it up for now. Lol I definitely don't think I'll finish as much ahead of schedule as I normally do. ;)

14 puddings and 7 days to go! With 25 cottages out and a level 5 orphanage.

25 cottages x 4 or 5 collections a day = 4 or 5 puddings/day = 28 or 35 puddings over the next 7 days
^ brings me to 42-49 puddings

That's not counting the orphanage, OT house and Ivy's hut. I think I'm good.
Mind you I've spent some gems speeding up at the half hour mark.
I'll see how it goes, right now I have just about enough to keep 1 cooking in the kitchen at all times. But both kitchens aren't tied up, yet..

mreames
10-26-15, 01:37 PM
I could envision the farmhouses being one of those last minute things... Like Thursday's update, where it'll still require an intense effort if one was relying solely on them but make life easier for those who worked hard to get the orphanage to level 5 early and built lots of cottages early... But,like I said, still give others a chance with an intense effort. I hope they do. Lol

Gosh I catch myself actually hoping for such a bundle. Please with some spooky paper, spooky fabric and dirt puddings. I'd actually spend the 4,99 for it, would be the first time, but I'm way from even a level 4 orphanage, really curious for this essence pond (I missed the event featuring the self-stirring cauldron for a holiday on a ship, no WiFi :( ) and will not manage to collect from my 20-odd cottages often enough. Of course if we can have the feral adventure drop ten dirt puddings, or something along this line, that would be even better :D.
In any case I hope there will be some more ease in making the puddings, admittedly the cottages do help already but that won't be enough for me.

Reading your posts it seems like I'm not the only one, though. Yes let's hope the "more sources to come along" were supposed to be more than just the cottages. Maybe some farmers get ready soon, farmhouses refresh very quickly, that would help a lot.

midgetsocks
10-26-15, 01:38 PM
^ I hear ya! Keep it up!:)

anissada
10-26-15, 01:44 PM
do we have to take a math exam after this event?

ktorewqas
10-26-15, 01:51 PM
With 30 cottages I've been able to use both kitchens a couple of times but usually just one at a time. I do have 2 cooking right now that will put me at 19 puddings. I'll start #20 in about an hour and a half, leaving me needing about 5 a day.

I'm hoping I'll reach a point where I don't feel the need to visit the orphanage every hour or so but I'll keep it up for now. Lol I definitely don't think I'll finish as much ahead of schedule as I normally do. ;) I am cooking the 19th lol between the cooking, I can squeeze in sugar & occasionally syrup since I do not want to waste the saps. The workshops are busy making beams and blocks. Hope I can get my inventory back soon :D

mreames
10-26-15, 01:54 PM
I am cooking the 19th lol between the cooking, I can squeeze in sugar & occasionally syrup since I do not want to waste the saps. The workshops are busy making beams and blocks. Hope I can get my inventory back soon :D

Good point! I actually meant to remind people to keep their sugar stocks working in between making pudding. Lol
I only need 96 stone blocks and 99 wooden beams to max out those. Lmao ;)

xellosspoo
10-26-15, 02:20 PM
Well, I give up. I had been plugging along. Jusr finished my first pudding. Now I find out I need 50? Hah. Not physically possible. I almost feel like why should I even bother trying.

bozotc19
10-26-15, 02:39 PM
This event is really messed up. I have seen discussions on whether it can be done by building 30 cottages and collecting every hour on the hour, forgoing sleep and the need for full employment. Why are we playing this game? We are seriously messed up and TL is losing my patience for continuing on. Seriously, I am being tipped over the edge . I have idea why TL would do this to us. Count me down and out,

mreames
10-26-15, 02:40 PM
Well, I give up. I had been plugging along. Jusr finished my first pudding. Now I find out I need 50? Hah. Not physically possible. I almost feel like why should I even bother trying.

I totally understand feeling that way... Having said that, we don't know if there will be anything else to help us along the way, so I'd encourage you to keep trying as much as you can. Build as many cottages as possible, etc. it's up to you, of course.

mreames
10-26-15, 02:45 PM
Ok, a little off-topic but hopefully our wonderful mod, SpiritWind, will forgive me.... In more ways than one...lol Happy Birthday, SpiritWind!!! ��������������

danzplace
10-26-15, 03:25 PM
Happy Birthday SpiritWind! Thanks for all you do! :)

newzealander
10-26-15, 03:30 PM
This event is really messed up. I have seen discussions on whether it can be done by building 30 cottages and collecting every hour on the hour, forgoing sleep and the need for full employment. Why are we playing this game? We are seriously messed up and TL is losing my patience for continuing on. Seriously, I am being tipped over the edge . I have idea why TL would do this to us. Count me down and out,
Loud applause from me.

eastie41
10-26-15, 03:40 PM
Happy Birthday SpiritWind! ;) We appreciate you.

mina_32
10-26-15, 03:43 PM
This event is so messy, I give up.

wamboltia
10-26-15, 04:00 PM
55 Dirt Puddings??!? Are you Kidding me!! Not even possible in 7 days. I knew I was wasting my time even messing with this quest. That pond better cure cancer to be worth all that..

BahSunFarms
10-26-15, 04:05 PM
Happy birthday SpiritWind!

ShibuyaCloth
10-26-15, 04:32 PM
Well, my guess is that there will be even more sources of cookies & worms this week. As said before, until now all events where possible, although quite hard to achieve, but possible. I still believe this is possible. I had to sell some town buildings to have 12 cottages at hand, but I won't go further in switching buildings, if with 12 it ain't be possible, then they should increase the town building cap to >50. Or add much more buildings to the list, or increase drops.

xellosspoo
10-26-15, 04:33 PM
I totally understand feeling that way... Having said that, we don't know if there will be anything else to help us along the way, so I'd encourage you to keep trying as much as you can. Build as many cottages as possible, etc. it's up to you, of course.

I'm not giving up and I'll keep making these stupid puddings until the very end, but when quests come up that are impossible, it makes it really hard to put so much effort into it. Like why should I try to log in as much as I can to collect if it will all be pointless in the end. It just really ****s motivation. :S I hope that more sources become available or they just have things that drop the pudding.

ktorewqas
10-26-15, 05:06 PM
Happy birthday SpiritWind!

ladyperidot
10-26-15, 05:09 PM
Ok, a little off-topic but hopefully our wonderful mod, SpiritWind, will forgive me.... In more ways than one...lol Happy Birthday, SpiritWind!!! ��������������

Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great one.

vednir
10-26-15, 05:13 PM
Well, my guess is that there will be even more sources of cookies & worms this week. As said before, until now all events where possible, although quite hard to achieve, but possible. I still believe this is possible. I had to sell some town buildings to have 12 cottages at hand, but I won't go further in switching buildings, if with 12 it ain't be possible, then they should increase the town building cap to >50. Or add much more buildings to the list, or increase drops.

It's definitely possible for them to increase the drops. But given the radio silence from S8 and the mathematical impossibility to complete this goal without gems it sends very very strong hints that we've gone from free2play to pay2win and any optional content will now be only possible through near continuous play AND gems.

sourp4tch
10-26-15, 05:30 PM
Hey everyone!

There's still one more update for this event! As it's the weekend of the grand Halloween holiday itself, it will be a much bigger and more reliable source to help you all complete your quest for Dirt Puddings!

We're receiving all your feedback about this event and how information gets rolled out and presented, and will be applying these learnings to future events.

Thanks for your continued support of Castle Story! Hope you all enjoy the next update :)

ktorewqas
10-26-15, 05:34 PM
Is it possible to put witch cauldron on market? Although not sure why it's not in the Halloween pack, but if it's not too expensive, would love to have one :D

mreames
10-26-15, 05:36 PM
Is it possible to put witch cauldron on market? Although not sure why it's not in the Halloween pack, but if it's not too expensive, would love to have one :D

Ditto, that was the one Halloween item from last year I hoped they would sell.

ktorewqas
10-26-15, 05:40 PM
Ditto, that was the one Halloween item from last year I hoped they would sell.:D:D;)

DeeDeeBird70
10-26-15, 05:46 PM
Happy Birthday, SpiritWind. Thank you so much for all that you do.

mreames
10-26-15, 05:46 PM
Thanks Sourp4tch! Now I don't have to keep saying that there MIGHT be something else coming our way. Lol
Makes sense that it would be a big update for the actual Halloween weekend. ;)

Hey everyone!

There's still one more update for this event! As it's the weekend of the grand Halloween holiday itself, it will be a much bigger and more reliable source to help you all complete your quest for Dirt Puddings!

We're receiving all your feedback about this event and how information gets rolled out and presented, and will be applying these learnings to future events.

Thanks for your continued support of Castle Story! Hope you all enjoy the next update :)

mreames
10-26-15, 05:47 PM
Happy Birthday, SpiritWind. Thank you so much for all that you do.

Hi new neighbor. Lol