PDA

View Full Version : Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kooky panda
10-20-15, 01:37 PM
Instead of having weekly threads on the updates, here is a master thread where upcoming updates can be discussed.

Thanks

Kooky

ninasidstorm8
10-20-15, 02:01 PM
Previous or current Special Events

World Event: Firework Forest 07/01/2016 to 07/15/2016
Leaderboard Event: Summer Games 08/02/2016 to 08/12/2016
Storybook Event: The Ride of Little Red 08/12/2016 to 08/26/2016
Spin to Win: Jellyflash 08/16/2016 to 08/23/2016
18 Round Tournament: Walrust 08/12/2016 to 08/14/2016
30 Round Tournament: Gecko Roman 08/02/2016 to 08/07/2016
48 Round Tournament: Hades 06/17/2016 to 07/01/2016
Zodiac Goal Line: Follow the Leo (Leo) 07/29/2016 to 07/05/2016
Breeding Trio: Fruit Trio 06/07/2016 to 06/21/2016

I have copied the following from my post later in this thread. Last update AUG 18, 2016.

The AUG 16 update saw the introduction of the Tortice and the start of Spin to Win number 13, with a Jellyflash as the prize. The value pack contains the Puffalo for High level players.

The S8 blog has indicated there will be a new tournament starting with the AUG 19 update with the Explode Toad as the prize. Most tournaments that start on Friday are 18-round tournaments so it is likely to be an 18-round tournament despite the face that we just completed an 18-round tournament last weekend. Either way, this deviates from the typical tournament schedule.

Virgo runs from August 22 to September 23, so it should be the next Zodiac animal. The Zodiac Goal lines have all started on the 29th of the month if there was an update scheduled for that day or the first update following that date. So the next Zodiac Goal line should start AUG 30.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. With the Leaderboard Event this month and the Storybook starting the same day that it ended, there will be 5 days left in August after the Storybook finishes for those players that started as late as possible. So we could see a Breeding Trio or a World Event start at the end of the month.

The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

Following are my current projections for special events for the next few weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

AUG 2: Leaderboard Event, 30-round tournament
AUG 5: End Leo Goal Line,
AUG 9:
AUG 12: Start Ride of Little Red Storybook, 18-round tournament, End Leaderboard
AUG 16: Spin to Win
AUG 19: 18-round tournament
AUG 23:
AUG 26: End of the Ride of Little Red Storybook
AUG 30: 30-round tournament, Start Virgo Goal Line,

ThynaSmith
10-20-15, 02:22 PM
Thank you for your insight, ninasidstorm8!

I just read what ogreve wrote there (in the thread I initiated), too, and I think you guys are probably right. A Storybook would be more than welcome for me. I like them, even though I didn't have much luck with them, I was never able to finish one. But that's because I was never preppared to raise those animals to higher levels, due to lack of food/organization to harvest food. Now, if it does start this Friday, I'll have some time to raise some animals, and still have a good supply of food for the chapters...

Guess it's time to start "hoarding" some fruit!! ;)

Drachenia
10-20-15, 02:42 PM
Help please no storybook and tournament, I have only 4 farms and back on the Habitat border. I've also never enough bombs to expand the land, I have more than 200 animals I will level up, because I have always too little food. Please TL the event animals, Trio animals etc. to reduce the amount of feed, it takes years to bring order to LVL 15th

matiasabad94
10-22-15, 10:27 PM
Thanks for creating this thread, I think it'll be very useful in the future :rolleyes:

LonePudding
10-22-15, 11:17 PM
I wonder if they would run a trio and storybook at the same time?

SuzieQ477
10-23-15, 12:29 AM
I wonder if they would run a trio and storybook at the same time?

They did so with the Service trio and the last Storybook.

ogreve
10-23-15, 12:59 AM
....and the both of them didn't "clash" much then. They saw to it that the required "common breedings" for the Storybook and the trio coincided.
In this case then, IF we get a Storybook tonight, we can reasonably assume that at some point some common earth-nature and/or earth-fire animal will have to be bred; it shouldn't be difficult to breed a Plantlers and/or Fairy Ferret. ;)

Same for a tournament: it doesn't clash with the trio and/or tournament's requirements.
Today's update shall be an interesting one. On the one hand it feels like a lot if they unleash the Dragon AND start a flash tournament AND start a Storybook at the same time, but still I think it's quite likely to happen. An 8-day Storybook would end (when directly started) exactly on Halloween. The end prize ultra rare could then nicely be Halloween-themed, with a special habitat to go with it... IF they release a new Storybook I would love to see some more runes as intermediary rewards. My forest is often 'blocked' by the slow expansion process. Recently I twice got a rollback right after a mining session, causing me to lose in total 4 runes. Not nice.

Anyway, maybe even TL thinks throwing in a Storybook tonight would become a bit too much. If so, I'd expect one (still Halloween themed) next Tuesday...

Today's update is one to look out to: that Dragon has me very intrigued and I have high expectations of what it looks like. The first trio animal is white-green (skull-nature colours), the second is white-red (skull-fire colours), the last one is skull-only, so may be very whiteish. It could also be white-red-green (combining the 3 elements from the breeding formula) or white-blue for having gotten three distinct animals, each one of them having white and one of the three primary colours.... A white-blue one sounds awesome.
TL did really well with the first two animals, especially with the Steed, so I think the Dragon will not disappoint us...:P

As for the tournament: it's almost a certainty we'll be getting one. The latest few tournament animals were all a bit, well, "so so". I hope this time it's a spectacular one, something like the Nightmare, Skeletal Dragon, Toronado was. Something you'd love to pick up and drive home to your forest...:P

ThynaSmith
10-23-15, 11:10 AM
....and the both of them didn't "clash" much then. They saw to it that the required "common breedings" for the Storybook and the trio coincided.
In this case then, IF we get a Storybook tonight, we can reasonably assume that at some point some common earth-nature and/or earth-fire animal will have to be bred; it shouldn't be difficult to breed a Plantlers and/or Fairy Ferret. ;)

Same for a tournament: it doesn't clash with the trio and/or tournament's requirements.
Today's update shall be an interesting one. On the one hand it feels like a lot if they unleash the Dragon AND start a flash tournament AND start a Storybook at the same time, but still I think it's quite likely to happen. An 8-day Storybook would end (when directly started) exactly on Halloween. The end prize ultra rare could then nicely be Halloween-themed, with a special habitat to go with it... IF they release a new Storybook I would love to see some more runes as intermediary rewards. My forest is often 'blocked' by the slow expansion process. Recently I twice got a rollback right after a mining session, causing me to lose in total 4 runes. Not nice.

Anyway, maybe even TL thinks throwing in a Storybook tonight would become a bit too much. If so, I'd expect one (still Halloween themed) next Tuesday...

Today's update is one to look out to: that Dragon has me very intrigued and I have high expectations of what it looks like. The first trio animal is white-green (skull-nature colours), the second is white-red (skull-fire colours), the last one is skull-only, so may be very whiteish. It could also be white-red-green (combining the 3 elements from the breeding formula) or white-blue for having gotten three distinct animals, each one of them having white and one of the three primary colours.... A white-blue one sounds awesome.
TL did really well with the first two animals, especially with the Steed, so I think the Dragon will not disappoint us...:P

As for the tournament: it's almost a certainty we'll be getting one. The latest few tournament animals were all a bit, well, "so so". I hope this time it's a spectacular one, something like the Nightmare, Skeletal Dragon, Toronado was. Something you'd love to pick up and drive home to your forest...:P

Very good points, ogreve.

Since I'm not having any luck AT ALL with this trio, I'm really looking forward to something interesting. A Storybook would be awesome, because there's usually at least two new animals involved. But a tournament with a new and cool animal would be good, too. I really liked the Demonkey, but it wasn't as interesting as the animals you mentioned, of course. I'd love to have played the Nightmare one!

31aug2002
10-23-15, 11:38 AM
So it's here
A new story book adventure... THE HAUNTED HORRORS. .. I just love the habitat
A new flash tournament ... The prize being a JACKAL LANTERN
And. Trio part 3 .. The DEAD WING

LonePudding
10-23-15, 11:38 AM
They did so with the Service trio and the last Storybook.

Oh, I didn't realise! Thanks :D

ogreve
10-23-15, 11:47 AM
Nice :)
I see that ALL of my predictions came true: flash tournament, Halloween themed habitat for the Storybook, Storybook and the Dragon. :)
The elements of the habitat reveal that there WILL be earth-nature and Fire-nature breeding involved...

ThynaSmith
10-23-15, 11:48 AM
You beat me to it, 31aug2002!! I just took a screenshot of it on my phone, lol!25322

ThynaSmith
10-23-15, 11:50 AM
And a new element! Love it!! *-*

ThynaSmith
10-23-15, 11:51 AM
Nice :)
I see that ALL of my predictions came true: flash tournament, Halloween themed habitat for the Storybook, Storybook and the Dragon. :)
The elements of the habitat reveal that there WILL be earth-nature and Fire-nature breeding involved...

Indeed, you got them all right!!

31aug2002
10-23-15, 01:23 PM
Has anyone seen the shop
The Racmoon 60% and Rainguin 50% off are on sale !!
Are they kidding me!!! As if we didn't breed enough of them during the Swan Lake Story book

ThynaSmith
10-23-15, 01:29 PM
Hmm, I wonder if that means we'll have to breed one of those for this Storybook...

ThynaSmith
10-23-15, 01:29 PM
I can't stand seeing more Rainguins, ugh!

ThynaSmith
10-23-15, 01:34 PM
By the way, act 1 of chapter 2 is harvest 4 Adventurnips, and each one of them takes 2 hours to grow.

ogreve
10-26-15, 02:16 AM
So, what will this Tuesday's update bring... Let's do some guessing by means of elimination.
-We just finished a Flash tournament, so I do NOT expect a new (30 round) tournament.
-A special Halloween habitat was just released, so I do NOT expect a further (new) habitat to be released.
-A World event just ended recently, so I do NOT expect a new one to start Tuesday.
-A Spin the Wheel event just ended recently, so I do NOT expect a new one to start Tuesday already. Though this could be a possibility...
-A Storybook IS currently in progress, so that's also not going to be featured in the release.
-All three trio animals are available now, so nothing new along those lines either.

What I'm left with are the following things:
1-Release of a new breedable animal. Possibly limited even (a "limited twist" to it would not be nice when so many people still are going for the Skull trio animals!).
2-Re-Release of last year's Halloween animals; likely to have a good sale and temporarily available through breeding.
3-Re-Release of last year's Halloween habitat.
4-A new 1-week quest. That would seem to clash with the Storybook, but it may not be entirely out of the question.

I'm kinda putting my money on option 2 and maybe option 3 to go along with that. This could also happen with Friday's update...

LonePudding
10-26-15, 04:11 AM
2-Re-Release of last year's Halloween animals; likely to have a good sale and temporarily available through breeding..

If this is true, I'll be done with the skull trio. I missed around half of the Halloween animals last year (I got the Werewolf, Yak-O-Lantern & Frankenswine), I'm not going to miss them again, even if it means buying them!

Okay, maybe I'll rethink the last part :rolleyes:...

Scribbles138
10-26-15, 05:27 AM
1-Release of a new breedable animal. Possibly limited even (a "limited twist" to it would not be nice when so many people still are going for the Skull trio animals!).
2-Re-Release of last year's Halloween animals; likely to have a good sale and temporarily available through breeding.

I REALLY hope these two don't happen. With trying to breed the trio, having something else, albeit limited, would be extremely frustrating and disheartening for those of us who haven't been successful with the trio.

ogreve
10-26-15, 05:56 AM
I REALLY hope these two don't happen. With trying to breed the trio, having something else, albeit limited, would be extremely frustrating and disheartening for those of us who haven't been successful with the trio.

I myself am partial towards it. I was lucky enough to have completed the Skull trio, but I really want to make as much use as possible of this unique opportunity to do skull-fire-nature-gem breeding as much as possible (yes, I really DO want to get a Unicorn and/or gem-hybrids someday :P ). The Racmoon and Rainguin Storybook steps will put a small dent in it, by at the very least losing two overnight breeding attempts then (unless I make those breedings in a bizarre 4-element way, but none of the Skull hybrids nor the QQ features earth, water or dark as elements, so it's not particularly attractive to throw these into the mix too).
Now, I'm not sure which exactly were the Halloween animals of last year, but if they don't have nature and/or fire in their combinations, it will be hard to combine it with my prefered way of doing 4-element breedings now...
Then OTOH, I *REALLY* want a Nightmare and Skeletal Steed. I know that the former at least wasn't a Halloween animal, but who knows if they'll re-release it again this week. I strongly think there's a good chance that the Halloween animals of last year will get another turn for a week or so....

31aug2002
10-27-15, 11:41 AM
So they are back!!!

Doompicnic
10-27-15, 11:42 AM
So they are back!!!

Does this mean we can breed them or just buy them in the store?

Scribbles138
10-27-15, 11:43 AM
Hasn't popped up for me yet. I see them for sale in the shop though...280 gems for the Yak-O-Lantern, 260 for the Vampire Cat, 240 for Frankenswine.

31aug2002
10-27-15, 11:46 AM

In the shop on sale at 60% off and we can breed them for a limited time!!

So it seems we can only buy them and not breed them???

Doompicnic
10-27-15, 11:51 AM
I wish I had saved my gems! haha oh well. I will try and breed them(if we can..)
I am happy they brought back some of the old halloween deco!!

sweetypies97
10-27-15, 11:54 AM
Breed times? I'm trying for the vampire cat.

I haven't managed to get any if the trio animals so I'm giving up :(.

ogreve
10-27-15, 11:58 AM
Exactly as I predicted...
A temporary re-release of last year's Halloween animals...
They clash with my 4-element breeding plans, grrr.
I have to wrap my head around this one. First attempt as a straight earth-fire: 12 hours... Surely that's going to be an Armordillo...

31aug2002
10-27-15, 12:00 PM
When you click on these animals in the shop... Last line is " Not Available Through Breeding "
So it seems we can buy only and not breed.
Pls check my edited post above

31aug2002
10-27-15, 12:02 PM
Can someone please confirm if they can be bred??

calvinxx
10-27-15, 12:10 PM
I just bred the Vampire Cat first try with Pyro Pony and Rock Rhino

ninasidstorm8
10-27-15, 12:20 PM
Only the Yak-O-Lantern and the Vampire Cat say that they are not available for breeding. They were prizes in last year's World event for Halloween. The Frankenswiine was released as a limited animal last year. I believe, that since they are in the shop, they can be bred. The description probably is in error and was not edited from the original release.

31aug2002
10-27-15, 12:25 PM
I just bred the Vampire Cat first try with Pyro Pony and Rock Rhino

Congratulations !!

Only the Yak-O-Lantern and the Vampire Cat say that they are not available for breeding. They were prizes in last year's World event for Halloween. The Frankenswiine was released as a limited animal last year. I believe, that since they are in the shop, they can be bred. The description probably is in error and was not edited from the original release.
Thank you for clarifying!!
Will definitely try , though with my luck at not being able to breed limited animals , I don't think I will be getting any
I so love the Yak o lantern and the Vampire cat.
Not a big fan of the Frankenswine .. I think it's one of the ugliest animals in the forest!

ninasidstorm8
10-27-15, 12:32 PM
Congratulations !!

Thank you for clarifying!!
Will definitely try , though with my luck at not being able to breed limited animals , I don't think I will be getting any
I so love the Yak o lantern and the Vampire cat.
Not a big fan of the Frankenswine .. I think it's one of the ugliest animals in the forest!

Your welcome. I have all three so I will be passing on them. Trying to catch up on the Storybook Adventure and get back to breeding any of one of the Skull Trio.

SummerNightSky
10-27-15, 12:36 PM
Breeding times (assuming they are the same as their incubation times):
Vampire Cat - 16 hours
Yak-O-Lantern - 15 hours
Frankenswine - 16 hours

Well, I guess I know what to pair my Pyro Pony with for the Storybook xD

Then it's just a question of what do I want to spend my time breeding for (in no particular order):
1) Sugarskull Glider (have the steed, can't afford the habitat so wouldn't be trying for Deadwing even if I got it) - Earth/Nature or Nature/Skeletal Steed (latter gives me a chance at some Nature/Fire animals I'm missing)
2) Frankenswine, Trick-or-Treent, and Frightingale - Dark/Nature (only have Planther)
3) Vampire Cat and Yak-O-Lantern - Earth/Fire (don't have any Earth/Fire animals)

31aug2002
10-27-15, 12:56 PM
The first attempt at vampire cat/ yak o lantern =( Drumroll) .... An armordilo!!! :p

Sandybellee
10-27-15, 01:00 PM
Well, no chance to try for these but luckily I don't really care for any of them that much.

SummerNightSky
10-27-15, 01:59 PM
The Tree of Doom and Pumpkin Patch are available for 200 coins.
The Cauldron is available for 150 gems.
All are from last year's Halloween World Event.

Got the Tree of Doom from Spin to Win, but I'll buy a Pumpkin Patch :D

ogreve
10-27-15, 02:39 PM
Alrighttttt so what do we do with this....
I really have to think hard and juggle all sorts of things in my mind, which at this very moment is very tired from burning too much midnight oil...
Time to write it out then, and see if that gives some focus:
1-Skull animals: done! A VERY nice and luxurious situation that is the FIRST time that has occurred to me during a trio.
2-Storybook: this doesn't interfere much with my breeding plans. The only "obligatory" step left to do is to breed a Rainguin. That can't be all that hard.
3-Main mission for now: Breed a Crystal Unicorn and/or gem-hybrids. I. WANT. A. CRYSTAL. UNICORN. NOW!!!
4-There's currently about 1.5 weeks more time left of having a GOOD breeding formula for the CU and gem-fire, gem-nature hybrids and the Paradise Parrot that I don't have: the Quartz Quetzalcoatl + Skeletal Steed.

So far so good, until today's update messed all of it up. :S
I like all 3 of these animals and would love a shot at them; by breeding, NOT by buying them... My favourite of the three is the Yak-o-Lantern. These are the best options I can come up with for combining several agendas:

Option 1: fire-earth: the most dreaded breeding combination for me, and I can see no easy way to combine it into a 4-element breeding with the QQ, SS or SG without introducing a lot more outcomes that then take away from the chances of breeding either of those two SUPER RARES.....
Option 2: gem-nature-dark: tempting. The QQ can be used then for shots at gem-nature and gem-dark (note that the Jade Kirin is one of my TOP priorities to get!). And... the Frankenswine is only rare as opposed to super rare, and I also still need a Punk Skunk and I would probably not easily turn a further Trick-or-Treent, or Aurora Pegasus or Frightingale down.... Disadvantages: the Frankenswine is the ugliest of the three, and the fails can be LONG ones (although the same goes for the earth-nature fails), and.. when doing it with straight dark or nature-dark, there's no chance at the CU. Scaling it up to 4-element breedings introduces all sorts of additional (mostly) unwelcome fails, unless 'water' becomes one of the ingredients, as I still need the Ocean Owl and several water-dark animals...
The gem-nature-dark combo has only 11 outcomes, 3 of which being ultra rare gem hybrids.
Option 3: 4-element breeding of earth-fire-nature-dark: this is the only combination that gives shots at ALL three of the re-released animals, but the amount of potential outcomes is a staggering 39. :S
Option 4: SS + water-earth: I like this one: 4-element breeding with a nullified Skull element, a single water-fire = Skyger outcome, yet chances at a CU and the 2 re-released earth-fire animals and only 14 potential outcomes (incl. 1 ultra rare)... This gives a shot at a Rainguin too. The bad news is that ALL of the other outcomes are straight fails. The good news is that two of the common fails (i.e. Rainguin and Skyger) have relatively short fail times.
Option 5: SG + dark-fire: This has 22 potential outcomes of which I need the Crystal Unicorn, Frankenswine, Paradise Parrot, Onyx Ox and the Punk Skunk. The latter three have always eluded me, despite being 'normal super rares'.
Option 6: QQ + earth-dark: This option wasn't on my list until the new Zombee was released. It has some fails that I still need, doesn't have all that many potential outcomes and it gives 4-element shots at the ones I need, including several attractive gem hybrids.

Well then, I think those are most of the parameters. Now for the "juggling part".
-Option 1 is tempting as it has only 8 outcomes, two of which are the target animals, but... super rares both of them and I absolutely hate doing earth-fire breedings nowadays...
-Option 2 is very, very tempting: shots at 3 gem-hybrids, the (only) rare Frankenswine and a Punk Skunk as "good fail.
-Option 3 will be pretty much out of the question due to poor odds at success.
-Option 4: Interesting option: only 15 outcomes (2 of which the re-released earth-fire ones, and also a shot at the CU).
-Option 5: The attractive part of this is that it can yield some of the normal breedables that I still need, but the unattractive part is that those consist of 3 super rares (that I somehow NEVER can breed) and the Unicorn....:S I don't think I'll be attempting this route.
-Option 6: This has some attraction to me as it includes the QQ and hence gives shots at several gem animals.

Having written it all out, I think I'll alternate a bit between numbers 1, 2 and 4. Around the time we have to breed/hatch a Rainguin, option 4 shall be the formula of choice.

Options 2 and 4 sound most appealing to me, as they are combined with my agenda for aiming hard for a gem-hybrid.

We'll see.... My results:

#01: [option 1] Rock Rhino (15) + Pyro Pony (15) = Armordillo
#02: [option 2] Quartz Quetzalcoatl (15) + Skyger (15) = Spruce Moose
#03: [option 2] Quartz Quetzalcoatl (15) + Skyger (15) = Planther
#04: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Blizard (15) = Rampage
#05: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (4) + Rainguin (15) = Rainguin! [This one will be kept for the Storybook]
#06: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (4) + Iciclaw (15) = Skyger
#07: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (4) + Rainguin (15) = Rainguin! [This one will be kept for the Storybook]
#08: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Blizard (15) = Volcamel
#09: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (4) + Blizard (15) = Rainguin! [This one will be kept for the Storybook]
#10: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Iciclaw (15) = Armordillo
#11: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Glacial Griffin (10) = Skeletal Steed
#12: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Glacial Griffin (10) = Armordillo
#13: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (5) + Iciclaw (15) = Rainguin
#14: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Glacial Griffin (7) = Rainguin
#15: [option 6] Quartz Quetzalcoatl (15) + Comet Cougar (10) = Plantlers
#16: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Glacial Griffin (10) = Rainguin
#17: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + River Runner (10) = Skyger
#18: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Blizard (15) = Skyger
#19: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (5) + Rockodile (10) = Armordillo

Well, at least the 'bet' that "one or more" Rainguin would be a likely outcome of option 4 has come true. I've got 3 of them now, and all 3 of them will prove to be useful as I then do not have to evolve any Rainguin for the Storybook steps and I'll hardly have to spend food on feeding them. :)
The #08 14 hour Volcamel fail is massively clumsy though right in between 2 15 hour Rainguin outcomes... I'm not sure how much I'll speed away of that. I'll probably have one more attempt at this combination today at least 1 hour before the regular update. We'll see.

Aargh, on attempt 11 I really thought I had obtained the Vampire Cat. I was so (unpleasantly) surprised to see it was a further Skeletal Steed when I moved the egg to the nest. :(
I had completely forgotten about these two animals sharing the 16 hour timer.... Bummer....

RowanaFarrin
10-27-15, 05:53 PM
Oh dear, this is awesome, but I face quite a conundrum. I really like the Vampire Cat, but I'm still working on trying to breed Sugar Glider so I can try to finish the trio... Do I switch to Earth/Fire breeding, stick with Earth/Nature or maybe try Earth/Nature/Fire breeding? So hard to choose! I may end up switch around to try my luck.

Good luck to everyone trying! I got the Halloween habitat this morning and I can't wait to fill it with creepy critters! ^_^

LonePudding
10-27-15, 06:24 PM
Oh dear, this is awesome, but I face quite a conundrum. I really like the Vampire Cat, but I'm still working on trying to breed Sugar Glider so I can try to finish the trio... Do I switch to Earth/Fire breeding, stick with Earth/Nature or maybe try Earth/Nature/Fire breeding? So hard to choose! I may end up switch around to try my luck.

Good luck to everyone trying! I got the Halloween habitat this morning and I can't wait to fill it with creepy critters! ^_^

I have the exact same problem as you! I did go with Earth/Nature/Fire (Obsidian Cyclops x Sidekicker). I'm not sure what to do: I missed out on the Vampire Cat when I had the chance last year, but being able to breed the Deadwing will introduce a new super rare skull type (that will be a very effective fighter in future tournaments). What to do..

evys_mom
10-27-15, 07:01 PM
I have the exact same problem as you! I did go with Earth/Nature/Fire (Obsidian Cyclops x Sidekicker). I'm not sure what to do: I missed out on the Vampire Cat when I had the chance last year, but being able to breed the Deadwing will introduce a new super rare skull type (that will be a very effective fighter in future tournaments). What to do..

I want the vampire cat too... I also want the Deadwing, I have it on my first account not my second. Now I am on my third steed and that ties up den for so long... So I am contemplating giving up on the Deadwing and try for the Cat. grrrrrrr

evys_mom
10-27-15, 07:11 PM
Alrighttttt so what do we do with this....
I really have to think hard and juggle all sorts of things in my mind, which at this very moment is very tired from burning too much midnight oil...
Time to write it out then, and see if that gives some focus:
1-Skull animals: done! A VERY nice and luxurious situation that is the FIRST time that has occurred to me during a trio.
2-Storybook: this doesn't interfere much with my breeding plans. The only "obligatory" step left to do is to breed a Rainguin. That can't be all that hard.
3-Main mission for now: Breed a Crystal Unicorn and/or gem-hybrids. I. WANT. A. CRYSTAL. UNICORN. NOW!!!
4-There's currently about 1.5 weeks more time left of having a GOOD breeding formula for the CU and gem-fire, gem-nature hybrids and the Paradise Parrot that I don't have: the Quartz Quetzalcoatl + Skeletal Steed.

So far so good, until today's update messed all of it up. :S
5-I like all 3 of these animals and would love a shot at them; by breeding, NOT by buying them... My favourite of the three is the Yak-o-Lantern
6-fire-earth: the most dreaded breeding combination for me, and I can see no easy way to combine it into a 4-element breeding with the QQ, SS or SG without introducing a lot more outcomes that then take away from the chances of breeding either of those two SUPER RARES.....
7-gem-nature-dark: tempting. The QQ can be used then for shots at gem-nature and gem-dark (note that the Jade Kirin is one of my TOP priorities to get!). And... the Frankenswine is only rare as opposed to super rare, and I also still need a Punk Skunk and I would probably not easily turn a further Trick-or-Treent, or Aurora Pegasus or Frightingale down.... Disadvantages: the Frankenswine is the ugliest of the three, and the fails can be LONG ones (although the same goes for the earth-nature fails), and.. when doing it with straight dark or nature-dark, there's no chance at the CU. Scaling it up to 4-element breedings introduces all sorts of additional (mostly) unwelcome fails, unless 'water' becomes one of the ingredients, as I still need the Ocean Owl and several water-dark animals...
The gem-nature-dark combo has only 11 outcomes, 3 of which being ultra rare gem hybrids.
8-4-element breeding of earth-fire-nature-dark: this is the only combination that gives shots at ALL three of the re-released animals, but the amount of potential outcomes is a staggering 39. :S
9-SS + water-earth: I like this one: 4-element breeding with a nullified Skull element, a single water-fire = Skyger outcome, yet chances at a CU and the 2 re-released earth-fire animals and only 14 potential outcomes (incl. 1 ultra rare)... This gives a shot at a Rainguin too.

Well then, I think those are most of the parameters. Now for the "juggling part".
-Option 9: Interesting option: only 15 outcomes (2 of which the re-released earth-fire ones, and also a shot at the CU).
-Option 8 will be pretty much out of the question due to poor odds at success.
-Option 7 is very, very tempting: shots at 3 gem-hybrids, the (only) rare Frankenswine and a Punk Skunk as "good fail.
-Option 6 is tempting as it has only 8 outcomes, two of which are the target animals, but... super rares both of them and I absolutely hate doing earth-fire breedings nowadays...

Having written it all out, I think I'll alternate a bit between numbers 6, 7 and 8. Around the time we have to breed/hatch a Rainguin, option 9 shall be the formula of choice. For the other days I shall probably alternate a bit between options 6, 7 and 9.

We'll see....
We can always count on you for a concise and well thought out game plan- Thank you. I have a CU, but would not turn down another. Jade is much desired as well (i need lunar moth instead of punk skunk). I am sure to take advice from your deductions.

matiasabad94
10-27-15, 07:25 PM
The Tree of Doom and Pumpkin Patch are available for 200 coins.
The Cauldron is available for 150 gems.
All are from last year's Halloween World Event.

Got the Tree of Doom from Spin to Win, but I'll buy a Pumpkin Patch :D

I bought like 10 from each :p

evys_mom
10-28-15, 02:02 AM
Has anyone managed to breed any of the returning animals? Sitting in Armordillo squander right now...yuck!!!

RowanaFarrin
10-28-15, 06:27 AM
I haven't had any luck breeding these, but I did have another surprise this morning! Last night I put in Earth/Nature/Fire to try for both Sugar Glider and Vampire Cat and got 9 hours, which I figured would be another Plantlers. Nope! My first Flyerfox! :D Very happy! Foxes are some of my favorite animals!

ogreve
10-28-15, 06:53 AM
I bought like 10 from each :p

I couldn't believe how cheap these were and figured that possibly they should have been more expensive so yesterday I directly bought 25 of each (all of which, except one Pumpkin Patch are in my storage). When I won one Tree of Doom on the wheel, I already thought that it would be cool to construct a 'Tree of Doom barrier' in front of my two Lava Lagoons, which are two of my 'most guarded spots' in the forest. It would take 4 Trees of Doom to do that and would emit the message "Behold ye who dares to pass the Trees of Doom as ye are about to tread on sacred grounds and have the wrath of the Gold Lions unleashed upon you". :)

I could now do that.... ....if only I had the space to spare and move two habitats to other spots. Sadly though the expansions come SO slowly that fun plans like these may never get executed...:(

evys_mom
10-28-15, 11:16 AM
With the cauldron being purchased by gems, is there anything special about it? Does it give anything like maybe tons of food ... You know bobbing for Apple's as food hehe

kuppikahvia
10-28-15, 03:13 PM
I have a Glider and a Steed now and right when I thought "alright, now it's Deadwing hunting only!!!" there they bring out the Frankenswine again for a (very) limited time! Grrr, bad timing! I already have both the Cat and the Pumpkin (sorry mate :D) because they were featured in the first ever World Event, but I had a frustrating week trying to breed the Frankenswine and I still remember it as my first "big miss"...

I still remember that of my last 4 attempts at the Frankenswine before it went away, 3 were 16hr counts, and all three of them were AURORA PEGASI!!! Yep, 3 "super rares" out of 4 attempts with the same hour count of my "rare" target animal... That was pretty hard to accept I must confess :-P
So now this come-back is very tantalizing, but hey, the Deadwing is THE objective for me atm... so don't really know what to do :((

ninasidstorm8
10-28-15, 05:44 PM
With the cauldron being purchased by gems, is there anything special about it? Does it give anything like maybe tons of food ... You know bobbing for Apple's as food hehe

The cauldron originally was the first prize of the 2014 Trick or Treat World Event. For the event, it provided a token every 4 hours for the event. I believe that S8 released it at the same price as it did originally without taking in to account that now it is only a decoration.

evys_mom
10-28-15, 07:00 PM
The cauldron originally was the first prize of the 2014 Trick or Treat World Event. For the event, it provided a token every 4 hours for the event. I believe that S8 released it at the same price as it did originally without taking in to account that now it is only a decoration.

Darn that stinks! I like it, but not 150 gems worth :( If it were a massive food producing or even gem producing cauldron - hint hint S8) I would consider.

Scribbles138
10-29-15, 07:18 AM
For all the experts out there, what do we think is coming tomorrow? We know we'll have the Zombee released for sure, what else are you guys thinking?

ninasidstorm8
10-29-15, 07:33 AM
For all the experts out there, what do we think is coming tomorrow? We know we'll have the Zombee released for sure, what else are you guys thinking?

I think that we will just have a normal release of one animal. It's a little too early for anything special. There is a possibility that we will have a Thanksgiving based World Event (although its mainly a US Holiday) but If we do, I don't think it would start until after the Skull trio is finished on November 5.

ogreve
10-29-15, 07:35 AM

I'm kinda hoping that nothing else will be thrown at us. It would be neat perhaps if there were a special sale though of some really nice premium Halloween habitat for a very low price. Something like that would be great. I also wouldn't mind if the three re-released animals remain available until Tuesday instead of until tomorrow (which may well be the case). A Spin to Win would be manageable and welcome, but we've just had one so I doubt another one will come this soon. I really hope that this new Zombee doesn't involve limited breeding.

But... what I'd really like is a 100% guaranteed Crystal Unicorn or gem-hybrid outcome when pairing the QQ + SS... :D
Oh wait. Time to wake up I guess. ;) ;)

Seriously though: I'm doing my best to make optimal usage of 4-element breeding with the Skull animals involved in it and where possible the QQ too. I would love it if whatever is released tomorrow and Tuesday would take a nature-fire breeding combination, or no breeding at all... The Zombee appears to take a nature-dark formula judging by the colours of the animal, or nature-earth judging by the habitat. Who knows. Whatever the elements, I hope they can be combined with the QQ for gem-something breeding. In light of one of the colours being green I may be lucky in that respect at least...

evys_mom
10-30-15, 12:12 AM
So this might be a dumb question, but could the Yak, Vampire Cat, & Frankenswine be returning permanently? I ask because in the shop they are not listed as limited like the Steed collection. It merely says on sale for $ (60%off regular price). I am sure it is limited, but they have not given a time frame for it to end and they do have regular price shown... I mean the trick or Treent and Frightengale are permanent, so why not a few others ?

Scratch that... I just saw the pop up ad that says limited time. Wish it gave a specific date!!

ogreve
10-30-15, 01:38 AM
So this might be a dumb question, but could the Yak, Vampire Cat, & Frankenswine be returning permanently? I ask because in the shop they are not listed as limited like the Steed collection. It merely says on sale for $ (60%off regular price). I am sure it is limited, but they have not given a time frame for it to end and they do have regular price shown... I mean the trick or Treent and Frightengale are permanent, so why not a few others ?

Scratch that... I just saw the pop up ad that says limited time. Wish it gave a specific date!!

Last Summer (and at the beginning of Autumn) there were some similar re-releases. The earliest ones of those (i.e. the Summer ones) only lasted from Friday - Tuesday and Tuesday - Friday, and at that, they were pulled 1 hour before (!) the regular update time (a thing I still refer to as my "Nightmare nightmare")...
However, the Autumn's re-release of the Harvester Hedgehog lasted an entire week (and had a proper timer to it). The re-release of these 3 Halloween animals in ALL respects is very similar to the "Nightmare nightmare" re-release, so take that into account if you consider buying it. It would then be safest to do so at least a tiny bit over 1 hour before today's update time, which is 19:30 CET (and I think that is 11:30 PDT - I think?). If correct, and if you desperately want to get one or more of these animals, it is safest to buy it/them BEFORE today October 30th, 18:30 CET or 10:30 PDT.

But.... as TL didn't put a timer to it, it is also entirely possible that they will let it last over the weekend too. It would then most likely end with or just before this Tuesday's update. But even that is not a hard guarantee, as TL could also decide to let them expire when it's Monday morning 8:00 CET, which is the time that flash tournaments end....

We just don't know....

matiasabad94
10-30-15, 11:34 AM
I bought the Skeletal Dragon pack, it has been my favorite FFS animal since forever.

SummerNightSky
10-30-15, 11:57 AM
Just a head's up, but last year's Halloween themed habitat (from the Halloween World Event) is on sale for 250 gems. It holds Earth and Fire animals.

I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't scrolled down the habitat listings: it's not located at the top.

ogreve
10-30-15, 12:36 PM
I got a splash screen announcing the special habitat. I like the way it looks but it's too expensive for my likings at this time: it costs 50 gems more than the Wicked Woods, which has a higher coin capacity and houses animals of three elements.
and.... I currently don't have 250 gems and the ones I do have are being reserved for minor speeding.

The Skeletal Deagon pack is attractive in the respect that together with the Nightmare it's the most desired FFS animal for me, and the 30 runes are good too, but.... I don't buy these value packs. I would only consider such packs of gem or treasure animals..,
Had the pack had a price of 7,99 max I would perhaps have bought it but I don't want to throw so much money at it this way. I'd rather spend the money on gems then and hope to see the SD on the spin to win feature someday.
But... IF I were to buy a value pack with a normal animal, the SD or Nightmare would be the two I'd consider buying...

As it is, I'm kinda happy that no must-haves were released today. Now I can focus on 4-element breedings of my choosing :)

ogreve
10-30-15, 04:57 PM
Wow, I just sped my first Armordillo fail from 4-element breedings with skull-fire-nature-water to the nest and put in the same formula (with different animals) and got the 16 hour Vampire Cat timer! :)

The Yak-o-Lantern is the one I was really aiming for most, but I like the Vampire Cat too and it is VERY welcome!
Well cool! This is the first time I managed to breed one of the temporarily re-released animals on my main account (a while ago on the secondary account I got a Harvester Hedgehog). Excellent! I'm glad that I chose the above breeding formula. I think I'll continue with this formula or perhaps alternate it a bit with a QQ + dark formula or perhaps the QQ + SS.

Full results: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85662-Speculations-on-Updates-Discussion-Thread&p=1196524&viewfull=1#post1196524

evys_mom
10-30-15, 06:24 PM
I got a splash screen announcing the special habitat. I like the way it looks but it's too expensive for my likings at this time: it costs 50 gems more than the Wicked Woods, which has a higher coin capacity and houses animals of three elements.
and.... I currently don't have 250 gems and the ones I do have are being reserved for minor speeding.

The Skeletal Deagon pack is attractive in the respect that together with the Nightmare it's the most desired FFS animal for me, and the 30 runes are good too, but.... I don't buy these value packs. I would only consider such packs of gem or treasure animals..,
Had the pack had a price of 7,99 max I would perhaps have bought it but I don't want to throw so much money at it this way. I'd rather spend the money on gems then and hope to see the SD on the spin to win feature someday.
But... IF I were to buy a value pack with a normal animal, the SD or Nightmare would be the two I'd consider buying...

As it is, I'm kinda happy that no must-haves were released today. Now I can focus on 4-element breedings of my choosing :)

Well I decided to shell out the money because it is one of my top wanted animals that are no longer available and I need to expand tonight or I won't have room to place my owl tomorrow and stay on track with story book. I almost wish they had made it a $19.99 pack and included one of the new habitats instead of food... Oh well can't have everything.

evys_mom
10-31-15, 01:01 AM
Yakkity yak don't talk back!!

http://i67.tinypic.com/sgki6g.png

ogreve
10-31-15, 05:01 AM
Waaaaah, disappointment....
I just moved my "Vampire Cat" egg to the nest and was surprised to see it was in fact a further Skeletal Steed :(
I had completely forgotten about that one having a 16 hour timer too...
Oh well, I did want a third Steed so I'll kee it anyway..

Hawksmoor
10-31-15, 05:10 AM
Yakkity yak don't talk back!!

http://i67.tinypic.com/sgki6g.png

Lol! Congrats!

31aug2002
10-31-15, 05:57 AM
While we are on the Value packs and Skeleton Dragon, I have a question
Is the price of the Value pack vary with what level player you are .. And also it different for android and iOS ???
I am asking this as I just installed the game on my android phone and the value pack being offered with skeletal dragon is much cheaper than what it is on my main account. I also noticed that it is offering me only 5000 food instead of 15, 000 in the iOS game and instead of runes there are 20k coins.

Drachenia
10-31-15, 09:52 AM
Hello, can someone give me a screenshot of the Halloween Habitat that there just to buy in the market. Please write the name of the Habitat to, Thank you

cocauina
10-31-15, 10:00 AM
Hello, can someone give me a screenshot of the Halloween Habitat that there just to buy in the market. Please write the name of the Habitat to, Thank you

Released this year for Halloween

Re-release this year for Halloween, this habitat was first release for the Halloween World Event last year.

Drachenia
10-31-15, 10:35 AM
Released this year for Halloween

Re-release this year for Halloween, this habitat was first release for the Halloween World Event last year.

Thank you Cocauina:D

evys_mom
10-31-15, 10:37 AM
Is the price of the Value pack vary with what level player you are .. And also it different for android and iOS ???
I am asking this as I just installed the game on my android phone and the value pack being offered with skeletal dragon is much cheaper than what it is on my main account. I also noticed that it is offering me only 5000 food instead of 15, 000 in the iOS game and instead of runes there are 20k coins.

Level might be a factor, 30 runes would be almost 2 expansions on lower levels. I checked my Android phone and it is the same pack 15k food, SD, 30 runes

matiasabad94
10-31-15, 10:54 AM
My Yak-O-Lantern is finally a big guy! So excited! :D

http://i68.tinypic.com/2m6pkt0.png

I'll hatch the Skeletal Dragon as soon as this trio mess is over. I'm still trying non-stop to get the two final animals.

ninasidstorm8
11-02-15, 12:37 PM
I have been thinking about the 11/03/2015 update. If we follow the tournament schedule, we will start a 30 round Battle Arena tournament. It’s been a month since we have had a goal line breeding quest but they average about every 6 to 8 weeks, so there is a small chance for that. We typically have a World Event about every 6 weeks and the last one started 5 weeks ago. So there is a chance that a Thanksgiving themed World Event will happen soon. Spin to Win has occurred about every 3 weeks so far and tomorrow will be 3 weeks from the start of the last one.

My best guess is that we will start a 30-round tournament with tomorrow’s update. A Spin to Win wheel may start but will probably start with Friday’s update and that a World Event with a Thanksgiving theme will start next week.

Thoughts anyone?

MaribouMay
11-02-15, 01:05 PM

I think the packs are cheaper in the beginning. Once you buy one or two they go up in price.

ThynaSmith
11-02-15, 01:16 PM
I Hope you're right, ninasidstorm8. A 30-round tournament would be good, would give us the chance to try our new elements in battle, and without the pressure of having to feed any particular animal, it would be possible to gather a lot of food again (my stock is totally depleted, hahaha).

chippychan
11-02-15, 01:19 PM
I was thinking a tournament and possibly a spin-to-win as well.

I'm glad the tournament's projected start time is this week and not next week; there's a little game called Fallout 4 that's out next week and when that happens the world will cease to exist outside of my living room... at least for a few days anyway. :)

evys_mom
11-02-15, 07:55 PM
Well I didn't really want Frankenswine, but I will take all new animals... Now if I could just get the vampire cat...

Drachenia
11-03-15, 07:15 AM
Well I didn't really want Frankenswine, but I will take all new animals... Now if I could just get the vampire cat...

Hi evys_mom! Congratulations to Frankenswine it's a cool fail

LonePudding
11-03-15, 10:07 AM
I have a free den right now and don't want to waste hours, but I'm worried a new animal might be released. I also need to get my Lionheart hatched which I'm sure will be handy in this tournament. To wait or not to wait?!

ThynaSmith
11-03-15, 01:57 PM
So, there's a new tournament! A 6 days one! And the prize is a Tornadodo (water/rock).
I'm eagerly waiting for Chippychan to start her tread for the tournament, hehe. Right now, the first round was against the Harvest Hoarder, and I lost, with my epic Eerie Owl, using first the Halloween element (neutral) and then the fire element, strong.

evys_mom
11-03-15, 02:18 PM
Hi evys_mom! Congratulations to Frankenswine it's a cool fail
Thank you! He is kinda cute as a baby, I might leave him like that :)

ninasidstorm8
11-06-15, 08:51 AM
So the next update is due in a little less than 4 hours from now. If there is a new task for the update, I believe it will be either a Spin to Win Wheel or a World Event. It is unlikely that both would be released at the same time since there is a tournament still going on in the Battle Arena and generally there are only three icons on the left of the screen for activities. If one is taken by a new value pack, and one by the tournament, that only leaves one more. The majority of World Events have started on a Tuesday but 2 of the 3 Spin to Wins have started on a Tuesday as well. It was 25 days between the start of Spin to Win 1 & 2 and 21 days between the start of Spin to Win 2 & 3. Today is 24 days since the start of Spin to Win #3.

So my guess is a Spin to Win that starts today and a new World Event that starts next Tuesday. In addition there should be a new value pack and as we have already seen the release of the Brave Eagle. We'll know for sure in a couple hours.

Scribbles138
11-06-15, 09:29 AM
So the next update is due in a little less than 4 hours from now. If there is a new task for the update, I believe it will be either a Spin to Win Wheel or a World Event. It is unlikely that both would be released at the same time since there is a tournament still going on in the Battle Arena and generally there are only three icons on the left of the screen for activities. If one is taken by a new value pack, and one by the tournament, that only leaves one more. The majority of World Events have started on a Tuesday but 2 of the 3 Spin to Wins have started on a Tuesday as well. It was 25 days between the start of Spin to Win 1 & 2 and 21 days between the start of Spin to Win 2 & 3. Today is 24 days since the start of Spin to Win #3.

So my guess is a Spin to Win that starts today and a new World Event that starts next Tuesday. In addition there should be a new value pack and as we have already seen the release of the Brave Eagle. We'll know for sure in a couple hours.

Thank you for this. I really appreciate your posts and your insights! Thank you for monitoring the game so closely and sharing it with the rest of us! :D

ThynaSmith
11-06-15, 11:42 AM
Thank you for your insights, ninasidstorm8!

Oh, a World Event would be really welcome... I loved the last one, with the autumn animals and habitat, and I managed to get them all, since it didn't depend on luck (unlike the trios, ugh!). A Spin to Win would be nice, too, I'm usually pretty lucky with those ;)

sweetypies97
11-06-15, 12:14 PM
I'm hoping for a spin to win.

sweetypies97
11-06-15, 12:21 PM
Dragon story got a spin to win, I'm not sure if the games have similar things at similar times?

ThynaSmith
11-06-15, 12:26 PM
Did anyone here get the Rainbow Pond, just now? It's a really cute piece of decoration. I guess there will be something related to it, coming soon...?

Scribbles138
11-06-15, 12:28 PM
Did anyone here get the Rainbow Pond, just now? It's a really cute piece of decoration. I guess there will be something related to it, coming soon...?

I did too. I thought it was weird.

ThynaSmith
11-06-15, 12:28 PM
This. 25724

Scribbles138
11-06-15, 12:33 PM

Great guess!!

RowanaFarrin
11-06-15, 12:43 PM
I did too. I thought it was weird.

Hmm..I don't seem to have one, nor to I see it in the shop anywhere. Tried restarting, but it didn't apear. Not sure what it's for?

Got food for my first spin. XD At least I always need food! The animals this time don't interest me as much as the last time, but I'll still hope for luck! I believe on the wheel are Robber Raccoon (new), Fladingo, Pigmy, and Danebow!

ThynaSmith
11-06-15, 12:56 PM
Good question! Last night they had one of those promos where you have to install and play a new game- in this case, Bakery Story 2 - which gives you gems. I wonder if it's part of the rewards for going up in levels in that game...

RowanaFarrin
11-06-15, 12:58 PM
Good question! Last night they had one of those promos where you have to install and play a new game- in this case, Bakery Story 2 - which gives you gems. I wonder if it's part of the rewards for going up in levels in that game...

Oh, I don't know, maybe! I haven't done that, so it could explain why I don't have one.

Scribbles138
11-06-15, 01:01 PM

I wondered the same thing, but I'm at the step where you need to get to level 16 for the next reward, and that goal didn't change with receiving the Rainbow Pond.

Sandybellee
11-06-15, 01:05 PM
I wondered the same thing, but I'm at the step where you need to get to level 16 for the next reward, and that goal didn't change with receiving the Rainbow Pond.

It's a prize for a 2-step goal connected to installing Bakery Story. Step 1 is to install and play the game and step 2 is to plant 1 aura apple. :)

ninasidstorm8
11-06-15, 01:09 PM
It's a prize for a 2-step goal connected to installing Bakery Story. Step 1 is to install and play the game and step 2 is to plant 1 aura apple. :)

I agree with your statement. Similar things occurred in Dragon Story and Castle Story and I received my goal a few minutes before the update for FFS. It was a little confusing since its is just an extra prize and if you already installed Bakery Story, you don't see the first goal. I hope its not a test to see if we would install a game for a decoration instead of gems.

31aug2002
11-06-15, 01:14 PM
The Rainbow pond was part of a task of an in game promotion of bakery story 2 . I got it too !!

HappyHeartBakery
11-06-15, 02:09 PM
I've got spin the wheel

Spin 1 - 1500 in food

Hawksmoor
11-09-15, 06:38 AM
What's on tap for tomorrow? I'm thinking *hoping* it's a world event. The last one started September 29 so it may be a bit soon but we just finished a trio, tournament and Storybook and are in the midst of a Spin To Win so what's left? Unless it's just an animal release which would be very boring! :p I'll plant Rune Prunes tonight just in case :D

Scribbles138
11-09-15, 07:03 AM
I panicked for a minute and forgot that the update is tomorrow and not today, and I thought I'd be behind when it comes to harvesting for a potential world event. Very glad today is Monday and I've still got about 9 hours to plant charm cherries before the rune prunes need to be planted! :D

Hawksmoor
11-09-15, 07:06 AM
I panicked for a minute and forgot that the update is tomorrow and not today, and I thought I'd be behind when it comes to harvesting. Very glad today is Monday! LOL

Lol, I was just going to say, tomorrow is the update! Haha I've done that before. Just plant some Rune Prunes and you'll be ok. That is *if* it's a world event tomorrow ;-)

ninasidstorm8
11-09-15, 09:18 AM
Based on past patterns, I have created the following schedule for the special events that we can expect for the rest of the month. Except for tournaments, the schedule for various events are fairly regular but may vary by a week or two, particularly when a new event (such as the Storybook Adventures) are added to the game. This is just my projection and I have no information from S8 as to its accuracy. The dates I have used are the US dates for updates, so they may vary by a day in some locations.

11/10/15 – World Event
11/13/15 – 18 round tournament
11/17/15 – Goal Line animal
11/20/15 – Storybook Adventure
11/24/15 – 30 round tournament
11/27/15 – BLACK FRIDAY, Spin to Win
12/01/15 – Breeding Trio

I am assuming that the last tournament was a one-time event that will not occur again. To plan for a possible World Event tomorrow, I plan to plant 20 hour crops that will be ready to harvest shortly after the update time and hold on to as many explosives as is practical since tokens are generally available from the mine. Since we already had an Autumn themed World Event, it may be something along the line of the US holiday of Thanksgiving but I kind of hope its something completely unique.

Sandybellee
11-09-15, 11:06 AM
Based on past patterns, I have created the following schedule for the special events that we can expect for the rest of the month. Except for tournaments, the schedule for various events are fairly regular but may vary by a week or two, particularly when a new event (such as the Storybook Adventures) are added to the game. This is just my projection and I have no information from S8 as to its accuracy. The dates I have used are the US dates for updates, so they may vary by a day in some locations.

11/10/15 – World Event
11/13/15 – 18 round tournament
11/17/15 – Goal Line animal
11/20/15 – Storybook Adventure
11/24/15 – 30 round tournament
11/27/15 – BLACK FRIDAY, Spin to Win
12/01/15 – Breeding Trio

I am assuming that the last tournament was a one-time event that will not occur again. To plan for a possible World Event tomorrow, I plan to plant 20 hour crops that will be ready to harvest shortly after the update time and hold on to as many explosives as is practical since tokens are generally available from the mine. Since we already had an Autumn themed World Event, it may be something along the line of the US holiday of Thanksgiving but I kind of hope its something completely unique.

Thank you for the estimated timeline! This will help a lot in planning ahead in the coming weeks. :)

ThynaSmith
11-09-15, 11:50 AM
Thank you, ninasidstorm8!!

ogreve
11-09-15, 12:32 PM
Ninasidstorm8 is normally pretty dead on with these kind of estimates. This time I hope that we will not yet get a world event tomorrow already. I'm still down to only 5 grand farms and I need to expand first before I can get back to 6 of them. Apart from that, I'm working hard on restocking my food supply. Getting the Deadwing to epic level severely depleted it and I have an Emerald Dragon, Lionheart and Skeletal Steed that I want to get to epic level ASAP too. That will still require some 400K food and I currently only have some 132K. Planting Rune Prunes will be a very unwelcome break at this time but if I don't do it, it will become more difficult to meet the required levels for the last individual animal when running on only 5 farms. Hmm, there are still a few hours before I have to plant the Rune Prunes. Though I don't like it, I think I'd better be safe than sorry and shall probably not gamble on a world event not starting tomorrow...

dragonfunandplay
11-09-15, 02:33 PM
Seeking advice in preparation for a possible world event, if you have 6 farms, how many farms would you plant rune prunes on ???

Scribbles138
11-09-15, 02:54 PM
Seeking advice in preparation for a possible world event, if you have 6 farms, how many farms would you plant rune prunes on ???

I always plant rune prunes on all six farms during world events. When it inevitably gets to the time of day to harvest and I'm asleep during that time, I schedule it so that I end up planting charm cherries for a few hours before setting the rune prunes again.

ogreve
11-09-15, 03:08 PM
On all 6 :)
Note that Rune Prunes are the best choice for making the maximum of the time before the event starts and that you should not harvest them before you're sure that the event has started for you. Once you have harvested those Rune Prunes, you can essentially fall back to growing any kind of fruits of your choosing. The only important thing is to try and keep your farms at all times busy growing food, preferably of the kinds that take at least 1 hour to grow. 1 hour then equals 1 unit of whatever we'll have to collect for meeting the goal. Normally on my overnight growing I use Nexus Nuts and then back to back Charm Cherries during the day. During the events I basically do the same, but for the overnight growing I tend to choose the 8 hour Mystic Mangoes so as to not lose some hours of growing food.

ninasidstorm8
11-09-15, 04:43 PM

I just planted Rune Prunes on all 6 of my farms for the possible World Event but it all depends on where you are at in the game how you want to play, and how often you can harvest crops. If you can harvest 6 farms regularly during the Event and manage to keep your nest full at all times, you should be able to get enough tokens to get all the prizes.

We should know in a little less than 20 hours if we will start a World Event.

dragonfunandplay
11-09-15, 08:39 PM
Thank you everyone for your input....rune prunes planted on all 6!! ��

Clark_Wayne
11-09-15, 09:56 PM
and keep your bombs for the mine for extra items ;)

natxjkkggg
11-10-15, 02:23 AM
What's the startingtime in Europe for the next event, because until now I saved my farms and do not release my net!

ogreve
11-10-15, 02:33 AM
The regular update time in Europe is tonight 20:30 CET. IIRC correctly you're in Germany, right? If so, then you're in the same timezone as I am, which is CET.

natxjkkggg
11-10-15, 02:49 AM
Thank's now I am able to plan better

HappyHeartBakery
11-10-15, 09:52 AM
Bummer. Catching this late. im late to plant rune prunes. Think I'll just plant 5 hr crop & see how it goes. Might be off to a slow start if we do indeed end up with a world event

31aug2002
11-10-15, 11:06 AM
Bummer. Catching this late. im late to plant rune prunes. Think I'll just plant 5 hr crop & see how it goes. Might be off to a slow start if we do indeed end up with a world event
It's Diwali week here in India so have not been very active on my game and therefore caught this thread late. Bummer I just harvested nexus nuts and planted charm cherries to tide me over the wait time for the update . So if a world event does start I have a slow start . Also as it is Diwali tomorrow I will not get a chance to get to the forest at all ... So may be I will plant the prunes before I go to bed and take advantage of them tomorrow .

ThynaSmith
11-10-15, 12:37 PM
And the new event is the Candy Carnival :)
Not something that really entices me (like the fall themed event), but I'm glad that it's a 17 days world event. :)

ThynaSmith
11-10-15, 12:40 PM
Oh, and thank you again, ninasidstorm8! I just harvested my 20 hour crops and just got the first prize of the event, a Gumball machine :)

ninasidstorm8
11-10-15, 12:43 PM
Oh, and thank you again, ninasidstorm8! I just harvested my 20 hour crops and just got the first prize of the event, a Gumball machine :)

You are welcome. I just did the same.

ThynaSmith
11-10-15, 12:46 PM
And as in the last event, mining "produces" tokens, as well. I just found two Bon-Bons through the mine. I can't remember, but in the last event did we get tokens by breeding or was it by hatching eggs? I have a Great Danebow egg in the nest right now, and since it's a 21 hours (if I'm not mistaken) hatching, it will yeld a lot of Bon-Bons, I hope!

ThynaSmith
11-10-15, 12:47 PM
Just realized that this time we have to buy the habitat. Bummer.

Scribbles138
11-10-15, 12:58 PM
And as in the last event, mining "produces" tokens, as well. I just found two Bon-Bons through the mine. I can't remember, but in the last event did we get tokens by breeding or was it by hatching eggs? I have a Great Danebow egg in the nest right now, and since it's a 21 hours (if I'm not mistaken) hatching, it will yeld a lot of Bon-Bons, I hope!

Hatching animals from the nest will earn bon-bons, yes.

ThynaSmith
11-10-15, 01:48 PM
Thank you, Scribles138!

ThynaSmith
11-12-15, 06:10 PM
ninasidstorm8, what exactly does a Goal Line animal mean? Is it something like the Goblin Gobbler? I'm asking because of your post about your insights on this month's events ;)

Scribbles138
11-12-15, 11:06 PM
ninasidstorm8, what exactly does a Goal Line animal mean? Is it something like the Goblin Gobbler? I'm asking because of your post about your insights on this month's events ;)

I'm not ninasidstorm8, but yes, that's what a goal line is. :D

ThynaSmith
11-12-15, 11:53 PM
Well, thank you again, Scribles138! ;)

ThynaSmith
11-16-15, 05:58 PM
Hello all,

If ninasidstorm8 is right (which I believe is a very strong possibility!), and there's a Goal Line starting tomorrow, should we be planting Rune Prunes today? Or the Goal Lines don't really depend on tokens or something like that? I can't really remember; I think I only participated in one Goal Line, the Goblin Gobbler one...

ninasidstorm8
11-16-15, 06:26 PM
Hello all,

If ninasidstorm8 is right (which I believe is a very strong possibility!), and there's a Goal Line starting tomorrow, should we be planting Rune Prunes today? Or the Goal Lines don't really depend on tokens or something like that? I can't really remember; I think I only participated in one Goal Line, the Goblin Gobbler one...

The goal line for getting an animal has varied for each goal. It generally consists of planting crops, harvesting crops breeding an animal or two and feeding the animal bred. The best preparation is to start the update with some crops ready to harvest (rarely helpful for the first step) an empty Breeding Den and an egg in the nest ready to hatch. However, these steps rarely give you a head start and only let you start the goals quickly.

There is also a chance that we will start a new Storybook instead of starting a goal line.

Sandybellee
11-17-15, 08:16 AM
Yikes! I hope we don't get a Storybook yet. I'm very low on apples right now... We'll find out soon.

Doompicnic
11-17-15, 08:37 AM
Yikes! I hope we don't get a Storybook yet. I'm very low on apples right now... We'll find out soon.

Same here. I hope not. It's too soon.

ogreve
11-17-15, 09:23 AM
Hmm, I do have my 6 grand farms back in order and I have a 180K food stock.
Space is much more of an issue for me now. This morning I sold my evolution flower in order to construct a fire field for the Paradise Parrot without having to sell any of my duplicate animals. I'm 36 runes away from a new expansion. I do have options for selling duplicate animals but I'd rather not. I'm kinda enjoying the moment where we "only" have 1 limited animal to breed for at the moment (the World Event ones at least go to storage first). I hope this reprieve lasts a while longer.
Having written that: one of the Storybook step rewards consists of runes, which would be *VERY* welcome right now...:P

ThynaSmith
11-17-15, 09:54 AM
I don't think we'll have a storybook and a world event at the same time... They both are kinda big deals, so, it doesn't seem wise to use them together. I may be wrong, though, since I haven't accompanied the pattern for the past events (I only started keeping track of them a couple months ago, through this forum). It seems more logical to me to have another goal line, along with the world event, just like we had last time with the Autumn world event and the Goblin Gobbler goal line.

Scribbles138
11-17-15, 12:31 PM
The only update I seem to have is for the Stuffin Puffin animal. On sale from 1000 gems to 200. Super Rare earth/fire.

31aug2002
11-17-15, 12:35 PM
Same here!!!

LonePudding
11-17-15, 12:36 PM
The only update I seem to have is for the Stuffin Puffin animal. On sale from 1000 gems to 200. Super Rare earth/fire.

I didn't even get a pop up for this, I was searching everywhere for today's update.

ogreve
11-17-15, 12:36 PM
That seems to be correct and I'm kinda glad of it :)
I want to be able to focus on 4-element breedings and preparing my forest for the come of Black Friday. I'm very glad that there isn't anything taking over my current agenda :P

BTW: I did get a splash screen for it.

ninasidstorm8
11-17-15, 12:37 PM
The Stuffin Puffin seems to be the only new addition for today's update.

Scribbles138
11-17-15, 12:40 PM
You won't get any complaints from me if the new animal is the only update. I think I've been very vocal about how fast and furious the updates seem to come, so this "down time" is quite welcomed. I know there are limited animals to breed, but I'm not super stressed if I don't get them (oddly enough, I get very stressed with the trios!). I'll give the Stuffin Puffin a shot...just put my rhino and pyro pony in the den and got the dreaded 12 hour timer, but I can mix this combo up to aim for a four element animal, or a combo of something else I don't yet have.

ThynaSmith
11-17-15, 12:40 PM
Interesting... they're probably saving something bigger for Friday, I suppose. Which is good for me, heheh, still trying with the 4 elements breeding, too.

Sandybellee
11-17-15, 12:41 PM
What a relief! Not that I've had success during this free breeding period though. The combo I'm using can give me more than a dozen new animals but all I've been getting are the same ones I already have. :p

Scribbles138
11-17-15, 12:42 PM
What a relief! Not that I've had success during this free breeding period. The combo I'm using can give me more than a dozen new animals but all I've been getting are the same ones I already have. :p

Haha! Same here. I did manage to breed a Tesllama a couple of days ago, which wasn't on my to-do list, but I'll take it.

Scribbles138
11-17-15, 12:48 PM
The Stuffin Puffin seems to be the only new addition for today's update.

I wonder what the breeding time will be. I hope it's something other than a timer we already have so we know for sure when we get it.

sweetypies97
11-17-15, 12:49 PM
I didn't even get a pop up for this, I was searching everywhere for today's update.

I got a pop up for it, it looks cute!

ogreve
11-17-15, 12:51 PM
What a relief! Not that I've had success during this free breeding period though. The combo I'm using can give me more than a dozen new animals but all I've been getting are the same ones I already have. :p

Keep at it! Last night I *finally* got a Paradise Parrot with my 4-element breedings. :)
The best news is that I'm doing non-stop 4-element breedings so it certainly feels like I'm doing my very best to try to breed out a Crystal Unicorn before Black Friday. It would be really good if I could succeed at it before that self-imposed deadline...:P

Sandybellee
11-17-15, 01:45 PM
Haha! Same here. I did manage to breed a Tesllama a couple of days ago, which wasn't on my to-do list, but I'll take it.

Congrats on the Tesllama! I'd definitely like one of those too! :)

Sandybellee
11-17-15, 01:48 PM
Keep at it! Last night I *finally* got a Paradise Parrot with my 4-element breedings. :)
The best news is that I'm doing non-stop 4-element breedings so it certainly feels like I'm doing my very best to try to breed out a Crystal Unicorn before Black Friday. It would be really good if I could succeed at it before that self-imposed deadline...:P

Thanks, I will. I'm bound to have something new sooner or later. I hope you get a lucky Unicorn soon! It will happen at some point with constant 4-element breeding.

ogreve
11-17-15, 02:49 PM
Thanks, I will. I'm bound to have something new sooner or later. I hope you get a lucky Unicorn soon! It will happen at some point with constant 4-element breeding.

Thanks!
I *really* hope it will happen before BF as otherwise I may very well jump on a Unicorn sale if we're getting one, and I *really* prefer breeding animals instead of buying them...
Some two hours ago I put in another QQ + Ladypug attempt and got a second Firefox in a row; for my next breeding I'm going to switch to an entirely new formula for me, being my two apex predators, the champs of the arena, Ember the (epic) Gold Lion and the QQ (which is also an epic); surely a combination as powerful as that MUST be able to breed some very special offspring sooner or later and... I still need various nature-electric animals too. I'll just have to keep an eye on upcoming tournaments (next Tuesday, I guess) because these two animals are crucial in the arena for me. :P

ThynaSmith
11-19-15, 06:40 PM
So... I'm wondering, is anybody here expecting we'll have a storybook starting tomorrow? What else could it be, in your opinion?

ninasidstorm8
11-19-15, 08:23 PM
There were 24 days between the start of the first 2 Storybook Adventures and 42 days between the last two Adventures. The more I think about it, the more I think that the next Storybook Adventure will not start until after the World Event ends. Most likely the Storybook Adventures will occur about 6 weeks apart which will make the start of the next Adventure around the December 1st or 4th updates.

Typically, there is a maximum of three icons on the right hand side of the screen and one of them is a Value Pack, which leaves 2 for special events. Since the next tournament should start next Tuesday (it uses an icon), and the World Event doesn't end until next Friday (it uses an icon), no event that uses an icon should start until after the World Event ends. That leaves out Spin to Win and Storybook adventure until after the World Event ends since they use an icon.

The two events that are due to start soon that don't use an icon are the goal line animal and breeding a trio. A goal line animal is due to start any time and I would expect to see one before a trio.

My new thoughts on what is coming up is the following:
NOV 20: Goal Line animal
NOV 24: 30-round Tournament
NOV 27: Black Friday, World Event ends, Spin to Win
DEC 1: Breeding Trio
DEC 4: 18 round tournament Storybook Adventure

As always, this is based on the past schedule for these events and my own projections. I do no have any knowledge of what S8 plans actually are.

ThynaSmith
11-19-15, 09:00 PM
Good insights, ninasidstorm8. I agree with you, I don't think they'll put a Storybook Adventure at the same time as a world event.
What else hasn't happened in a while is a new Battleground, so maybe that can be one of the options, too, don't you think? The latest one was the Reckless Roc, so I think we could be having a new one any time.

ninasidstorm8
11-19-15, 09:46 PM
Good insights, ninasidstorm8. I agree with you, I don't think they'll put a Storybook Adventure at the same time as a world event.
What else hasn't happened in a while is a new Battleground, so maybe that can be one of the options, too, don't you think? The latest one was the Reckless Roc, so I think we could be having a new one any time.

I am not expecting another Battleground anytime soon. In the past there has been 6 to 10 Battle Arena tournaments from the start of one new Battleground to the start of the next one. There have only been 4 Battle Arena tournaments since the Reckless Roc Battleground started. In addition, Battlegrounds have typically started after a couple new elements have been introduced and the last new element introduced was the Halloween element which was introduced within two weeks after the start of the Restless Roc Battleground. I am still testing things out in the Restless Roc battleground so I am on round 48.

Battlegrounds can start at anytime since they don't interfere with normal play and there is nothing really to do to plan for them. Therefore, I don't worry too much about when one might start. I try not to finish a battleground until the next battleground starts so I have one active in case a new element is introduced that I want to test out.

ThynaSmith
11-20-15, 12:53 PM
You were right, ninasidstorm8!
I'm glad the new event is a tournament! And the prize is the really cute Thankfowl. I couldn't really play last weekend, so I missed the last Flash Tournament, and now I'll have the chance to try some new epic animals.

ThynaSmith
11-20-15, 12:56 PM
Oops, not a Flash Tournament, a 6 days one ;)

mrhammy48
11-20-15, 03:23 PM
Start preparing for a storybook. One just started in dragon story so I'm betting we will have one begin next week.

ninasidstorm8
11-23-15, 10:29 AM
The early 30 round tournament that came with the last update was a surprise since the tournament schedule had been so regular since the start of the year. However, I think it was a good move by S8 since it would have been difficult for those players celebrating the U.S. holiday of Thanksgiving to have the tournament start Tuesday and run through the holiday. It also clarifies the possible events coming up.

Both the current tournament in the Battle Arena and the Candy Carnival World Event are due to end before the Friday update. The day for the Friday update is Black Friday which is a big sale event in the United States that kick off the Christmas shopping season. See the http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?86098-Black-Friday-2015-Discussion-Thread discussion thread for speculation on what may occur on that day. I also believe that we will return to the normal tournament schedule once the current tournament is over.

So what might be coming in the next few releases? We are a bit overdue for a Goal Line animal similar to the Sweet Tooth Goal Line. We are approaching the time for a Spin to Win Wheel but that should not occur until at least the Friday update since it uses an icon and three icon spots are in use. Next week we are reaching the time for another Breeding Trio and the next Storybook Adventure. So the following are my new projections for upcoming FFS events:

11/24/15 – Goal Line animal
11/27/15 – BLACK FRIDAY, End World Event, End Tournament, possible Spin to Win
12/01/15 – Breeding Trio
12/04/15 - 18 round tournament, Storybook Adventure

airamsdragons
11-24-15, 12:23 PM
Please start petition to allow for more gifts to neighbors!We should be allowed at least 10 gem gfts and/or for all neighbors (after gems)to be gifted food! So ALL good neighbors can be gifted every 24 hrs!!

ninasidstorm8
11-24-15, 12:41 PM
Looks like any early start to Black Friday. 10 recycled animals for the next 5 days. For once I don't have a couple of them. Good Luck everyone.

ThynaSmith
11-24-15, 12:42 PM
And now there's a sale on animals (I believe limited time animals) that were released before. So, if this is the only update for today, it will be kinda disappointing, meh.

ThynaSmith
11-24-15, 12:46 PM
Oh, and it's kinda disappointing to me because none of them is from an "exclusive" element, too, like music, Egypt, etc. It's all the same common elements. As cool as they are, I'll pass.

LonePudding
11-24-15, 12:56 PM
I couldn't find anything about this here yet but:

I am now on level 50.

ninasidstorm8
11-24-15, 01:01 PM
I couldn't find anything about this here yet but:

I am now on level 50.

Refer to the following thread for information: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?86719-Level-and-Habitat-Limit-increased

LonePudding
11-24-15, 01:47 PM
Refer to the following thread for information: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?86719-Level-and-Habitat-Limit-increased

I completely missed that. Thanks!

ninasidstorm8
11-30-15, 02:58 PM
Now that the excitement/disappointment over Black Friday has ended, it’s time to give some thought about what comes next. One possibility is we will return to the normal tournament schedule so that an 18-round tournament will start with Friday’s update. However, with that schedule, an 18-round tournament would start on Christmas Day.

We are overdue for both a Spin to Win and a goal line animal. However, we are also reaching the time for a Breeding Trio and a Storybook Adventure. I would think that S8 would want to finish the next Storybook Adventure before Christmas and since they are typically 10 day events, it should start by the DEC 11 update at the latest.

Assuming S8 stays with 3 icons for special things and one is constantly taken up by a Value Pack and one will be used by an 18-round tournament from DEC 4-6, The DEC 1 release is most likely to start a new Spin to Win and then the Storybook Adventure could not start until the DEC 8 update at the earliest.

A projected schedule that fits this scenario is the following:
DEC 1 – Goal Line animal, Spin to Win
DEC 4 – 18-round tournament
DEC 8 –
DEC 11 – Storybook Adventure
DEC 15 – 30-round tournament
DEC 18 - Breeding Trio
DEC 22 -
DEC 25 – 18-round tournament
DEC 29 – Spin to Win

I think it is very possible that S8 will adjust the tournament schedule so that we don’t have an 18 round tournament start on Christmas. One way of doing this would be to start a new 30 round tournament on DEC 1, and then Christmas would be on the 3rd day of a 30-round tournament similar to last year. I doubt they will go that route but I think they will make some adjustment to the tournament schedule like they did in November.

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 11:59 AM
DS just got a new spin to win so we will most likely have one also in half an hour! :)

Scribbles138
12-01-15, 12:32 PM
Annnnd....it's a Storybook Adventure.

LynsoKevin
12-01-15, 12:35 PM
Storybook it is x

Scribbles138
12-01-15, 12:38 PM
I noticed that chapter 2 starts in 12 and a half hours...is that normal? I thought they started every 22 or 24 hours, but maybe I'm just that un-observant. :P

calvinxx
12-01-15, 12:39 PM
I noticed that chapter 2 starts in 12 and a half hours...is that normal? I thought they started every 22 or 24 hours, but maybe I'm just that un-observant. :P

They start when the game updates for the day. For me that's 3am but since this first chapter just started now, it's only 12.5 hours until 3am. So starting tmr it will be 22 or whatever the usual is

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 12:43 PM
No spin wheel after all. Too bad! Also, no special habitat available for these Storybook animals yet at least.

LynsoKevin
12-01-15, 12:51 PM
Chapter 1
Act 1 - harvest 6 aura apples
Act 2 - visit 3 community
Prize - merry turtle or something animal

Chapter 2
Act 1 - feed merry turtle to level 4
Act 2 - harvest 4 misfits (3 hour timing)

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 12:52 PM
Good thing that this storybook can be started by 12/4 (4 of December), so, for those of us (including me) who didn't plant Rune Prunes (20 hour crops) ahead, we can still do it. I'm going to start this one late, use today to gather more food, since this is always the basic requirement to start the game, harvest some token thingy.

(I write this just in case there's a newbie reading, most people here know what to do already:) )

Scribbles138
12-01-15, 12:54 PM
Good thing that this storybook can be started by 12/4 (4 of December), so, for those of us (including me) who didn't plant Rune Prunes (20 hour crops) ahead, we can still do it. I'm going to start this one late, use today to gather more food, since this is always the basic requirement to start the game, harvest some token thingy.

(I write this just in case there's a newbie reading, most people here know what to do already:) )

You don't need to collect items for the Storybook, so no need to plant a 20 hour crop. The first step in this one is actually to plant the 30 second crops. :D

A thread has been started. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87014-Merry-Misfits-Storybook-Adventure

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 12:55 PM
Oh, and they say, start before 12/4 at 11:30am to participate, but we have to keep in mind that they're probably using Pacific Time, since the company is located in CA.

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 12:56 PM
Yeah, true, Scribbles!! What I was thinking is about feeding some animal up to level 4 or something, so, it's good to have a head-start with more food in store. I should have explained it better, lol!

So, sorry if I misled someone, you don't need to collect tokens to begin with, it's just a good idea to have a large amount of food for the future chapters, since there's always the need (according to previous Storybooks) to feed X animals X times, raise Y animals to level Y, and so on.

Scribbles138
12-01-15, 01:00 PM
Yeah, true, Scribbles!! What I was thinking is about feeding some animal up to level 4 or something, so, it's good to have a head-start with more food in store. I should have explained it better, lol!

So, sorry if I misled someone, you don't need to collect tokens to begin with, it's just a good idea to have a large amount of food for the future chapters, since there's always the need (according to previous Storybooks) to feed X animals X times, raise Y animals to level Y, and so on.

So true! I've been stockpiling my food since the first Storybook we had, these are always a food drain!

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 01:26 PM
So true! I've been stockpiling my food since the first Storybook we had, these are always a food drain!

Yep, and since I've been raising my animals to epic in the past week, I'm really down on food, less than 8000 apples :S

sweetdeda
12-01-15, 02:56 PM
The last story book drained all of my food, after that I stock piled and decided I will no longer let my food drop below 200,000, ha I'm ready this time, for once!

calvinxx
12-01-15, 07:19 PM

So here is some new content on the way

Just did an update that promises the following:

1. A new Spin to Win where we can win the "Festive Firefly"
2. A Christmas World Event (which is very strange because we just has a world event and a new Xmas storybook just started...)
3. A tournament to win a "Garland Snake" (which I'm guessing will be for the flash tournament this Friday update)

JeffW60
12-01-15, 07:34 PM
I'm fairly new and not up to speed on how things work, but surely the world event won't be going on at the same time as the storybook adventure will it? That seems like too much going on at the same time.

ninasidstorm8
12-01-15, 08:06 PM

2. A Christmas World Event (which is very strange because we just has a world event and a new Xmas storybook just started...)
3. A tournament to win a "Garland Snake" (which I'm guessing will be for the flash tournament this Friday update)

I have been waiting for a software update. Funny thing is the wording of the update is almost the same as the Dragon Story update released at the same time. It looks like something new might be coming. The challenge the toughest animals this season to take home the Garland Snake sounds like either a battleground or a new kind of tournament.

If we stick with a Flash Tournament Friday, then neither the Spin to Win or World Event will not start until DEC 8. Since the Storybook allows you to delay the start by 4 days, it will not be over for everyone until after the DEC 11 update and I don't think the World Event will start until the Storybook is complete. Therefore, it is likely that the World Event will not start until the DEC 15 update. My guess is the Spin to Win happens first on DEC 8 and then the World Event on DEC 15. Otherwise, the Spin to Win would not happen until DEC 29 unless the tournament schedule is altered.

Since the actual app has been updated, I am guessing that the Ad feature added to a few other S8 games has been added to the app and will be activated in one of the upcoming updates. I hope it gives a gem like Farm Story 2 but I think it will allow us to decrease one hour of time to Breed/Hatch/Evolve/Harvest like Dragon Story. Not a bad thing for watching a 20 to 30 second clip.

It will be interesting to see how it all turns out. Something to look forward to.

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 06:50 AM

Yay! I'm really looking forward to all of these. Garland Snake sounds pretty darn fabulous! :)

ninasidstorm8
12-03-15, 08:47 PM
The text for the recent App update indicates we will be having a Winter World Event. That is a bit of a surprise since we finished one recently and past timing indicates we shouldn’t get another until next month. I think the reason the Storybook Adventure started earlier than projected, is so the World Event could begin before Christmas. We are overdue for a Goal Line animal and past timing indicates a Breeding Trio should start soon as well.

If we stick with a Flash Tournament Friday, then neither the Spin to Win or World Event will start until DEC 8. Since the Storybook allows you to delay the start by 4 days, it will not be over for everyone until after the DEC 11 update and I don't think the World Event will start until the Storybook is complete. Therefore, it is likely that the World Event will not start until the DEC 15 update at the earliest. My guess is the Spin to Win happens first on DEC 8 and then the World Event on DEC 15. Following is my current projection for the month.

DEC 1 – Storybook Adventure (ends DEC 14)
DEC 8 – Spin to Win
DEC 11 – Breeding Trio
DEC 15 – 30-round tournament, World Event
DEC 18 – Goal Line Animal
DEC 22 -
DEC 25 – 18-round tournament (I think this will be adjusted)
DEC 29 –

The App update text included the following wording; challenge the toughest animals this season to take home the Garland Snake. I hope it means a new battleground and that they are not going to make the Battle Arena more difficult.

ThynaSmith
12-04-15, 12:35 PM
And you are right, as usual, ninasidstorm8, it's a 18 rounds tournament :)

ninasidstorm8
12-04-15, 04:28 PM
And you are right, as usual, ninasidstorm8, it's a 18 rounds tournament :)

Tournaments rarely deviate from their schedule so they are easy to predict. I can figure out when the other things are due to show up but its harder to figure out an exact date. Although S8 doesn't like to give out much info on FFS, they do maintain a fairly regular schedule. I just hope they have some new ideas for the new year to keep things interesting.

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 01:08 PM
Tournaments rarely deviate from their schedule so they are easy to predict. I can figure out when the other things are due to show up but its harder to figure out an exact date. Although S8 doesn't like to give out much info on FFS, they do maintain a fairly regular schedule. I just hope they have some new ideas for the new year to keep things interesting.

Yeah, I hope so, too, that they come with new, interesting updates. I like the reliability of the schedule of the tournaments, but my favorite events are the more unpredictable ones, namely the Storybooks and the World Events. I do hope they come up with a new, breedable element, since they got rid of Treasure...

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 09:28 AM
Friday’s update gave us the expected 18-round tournament so it looks like the game is back on the regular tournament schedule. I think there will be some alteration to the tournament schedule this month because I don’t think S8 will want to start a Flash tournament on Christmas. A simple adjustment would be to move the tournament schedule up a week which would mean the next 30-round would start on DEC 8 rather than DEC 15. That might cause tournament fatigue, so I doubt it will happen. Better to push back the 18 round tournaments that would happen on Christmas, and the rest of the tournament schedule back a week.

We are overdue for a Spin to Win, Breeding Trio and a Goal Line animal. The timing for the Goal Line animal has been the most inconsistent in the past, so it is the most likely one to be pushed back to late in the month. We have had a Breeding Trio in conjunction with a Storybook Adventure before so it’s possible that one will start at any time. The biggest thing that will determine the Special Event schedule for the rest of the month is a World Event that was hinted at in the last update of the App. If the tournament schedule isn’t changed, then it will start on Dec 15 at the earliest.

A Garland Snake challenge was also hinted at in the App update. Since it wasn’t the prize for the just completed 18 round tournament, I am thinking it might be the prize for a new Battleground. We have had 6 Battle Arena matches since the last battleground started. In the past we have had between 4 and 10 Battle Arena matches between the start of a new Battleground. So a new Battleground could be made available anytime this month.

Since things have gone as expected for the month so far, I have no reason to change the projections in post #182. So I am sticking with that for now and I believe tomorrow’s update will have a Spin to Win. I do not plan to plant 20 hour crops today for a possible World Event tomorrow, since I think there is a very low probability it will start this week. However, I might plant some Nexus Nuts tomorrow morning to be ready at update time just in case.

jojopeanut
12-07-15, 07:15 PM
I hope it's a spin to win. This game moves so fast..lol at least the S8 team know how to keep us interested in playing but I wouldn't mind a nice casual layed back spin to win. Heck I'll be over the moon if it includes a Christmas tree. I'll take free food and money. :)

JeffW60
12-08-15, 11:36 AM
What time do the updates typically come out?

ninasidstorm8
12-08-15, 11:44 AM
What time do the updates typically come out?

Updated occur at 11:30 PM Pacific Standard Time. About 45 minutes from this post.

Scribbles138
12-08-15, 12:06 PM
Updated occur at 12:30 PM Pacific Standard Time. About 45 minutes from this post.

I think the updates occur at 11:30am PST...I'm an hour ahead in MST and they happen at 12:30pm my time.

ThynaSmith
12-08-15, 12:12 PM
Yep, I'm in California and here it happens at 11:30, Pacific Standard Time.

ninasidstorm8
12-08-15, 12:29 PM
I think the updates occur at 11:30am PST...I'm an hour ahead in MST and they happen at 12:30pm my time.

You are correct, I mistyped the time. I updated my post thank you.

FigmentValley
12-08-15, 12:34 PM
I guess they skipped this week. All I see is an Arboar return. I got that in the original issue. Nothing more. Sigh.

Scribbles138
12-08-15, 12:35 PM
Looks like another quiet update day. The only notification I got was that the Arboar is back for a limited time, on sale for 280 gems.

Not going to lie...I LOVE quiet update days. Historically there is always so much going on in the game, I'm perfectly happy with major updates only happening once every couple of weeks with a tournament thrown in here and there.

ninasidstorm8
12-08-15, 12:40 PM
I don't mind a quiet update but I am surprised that they list three items in the App update last week and we haven't seen any of them yet.

sweetdeda
12-08-15, 12:53 PM
It would be kind of nice for them to let up a bit during the Holidays so no one misses out on anything. I prefer slow periods to focus on breeding for the animals I still need or stock piling food or evolving animals, just my own agenda.

ThynaSmith
12-08-15, 01:00 PM
I agree with you guys, even though it wouldn't suck to have a Spin to Win. I have so many animals on storage, waiting to be hatched, waiting for me to expand the forest, that I don't mind a "non-update" at all.

ogreve
12-08-15, 01:05 PM
It could be the calm before a Storm(8). ;)
At this particular moment I'm not complaining. I've got a lot of logistics to juggle with my self imposed gem conundrums during the Storybook :P
A bit of a breather is appreciated :)
And... My next breeding is going to be nature-water-gem anyway as I still need to breed a Turtisle for the storybook.
The Arboar is not one of my red hot favourites so I'll have to make up my mind if I want to put in many attempts for it...

LonePudding
12-08-15, 01:19 PM
I feel like S8 are trying to phase out Goal Line Animals.

MaribouMay
12-08-15, 01:45 PM
I feel like S8 are trying to phase out Goal Line Animals.

I hope not. I like the goal lines. They could phase out trios in my opinion. I find those very stressful. It won't happen though; trios have invaded DS. :-(

ThynaSmith
12-08-15, 03:45 PM
I hope not. I like the goal lines. They could phase out trios in my opinion. I find those very stressful. It won't happen though; trios have invaded DS. :-(
I agree, trios are a big bummer for me... But a lot of people like them, those that get lucky with the breedings, of course, hehe.

FigmentValley
12-08-15, 05:00 PM
I have not been able to breed a single trio animal for multiple trio offerings. If they continue to be the only animals that will win against opponents in the arena, then I am afraid TL is trying to phase out older players. I am heading that way.

ThynaSmith
12-08-15, 05:24 PM
I have not been able to breed a single trio animal for multiple trio offerings. If they continue to be the only animals that will win against opponents in the arena, then I am afraid TL is trying to phase out older players. I am heading that way.

I don't think they'd do that, to make it impossible for player who don't have trio animals to win the tournaments... The only trio animals I have are the Station Dalmatian, the Sugarskull Glider and the Skeletal Steed. To be honest, I never even used them in the tournaments. That's because I ended up not making any of them epic yet, since they aren't high coin earners, and I prefer to make epic those animals that are going to earn me more coins, making possible to expand, plant high yielding crops, buy habitats, etc.

So, you can still play and win the tournaments without them :)

LonePudding
12-08-15, 06:31 PM

I haven't completed many, I'd hate to see them go. As for the trios, they are more than welcome to pack their bags! Fortunately, I left DS just before the trio hell invaded.

sweetdeda
12-08-15, 06:36 PM
I'm right there with Thynasmith, none of my trios are epic and very rarely have I ever used them in tournaments.
I hope the goal line animals stick around, I like earning them.

31aug2002
12-08-15, 09:40 PM
I know breeding trios is very stressful but I like the challenge. I started playing seriously only a few months ago, and the first trio challenge I faced was the "Dogs from Hell" as one of the players put it ... In 21 days I could breed only the K9 . I love dogs and I so wanted this trio. But it wasn't to be . Very frustrating .
But the next one the Sugarskull glider one, was a breeze. I managed to get them all .
So I have mixed feelings where trios are concerned.

MaribouMay
12-08-15, 11:30 PM
I haven't completed many, I'd hate to see them go. As for the trios, they are more than welcome to pack their bags! Fortunately, I left DS just before the trio hell invaded.

DS is like a bad boyfriend I can't quit.

ogreve
12-09-15, 02:00 AM
I know breeding trios is very stressful but I like the challenge. I started playing seriously only a few months ago, and the first trio challenge I faced was the "Dogs from Hell" as one of the players put it ... In 21 days I could breed only the K9 . I love dogs and I so wanted this trio. But it wasn't to be . Very frustrating .
But the next one the Sugarskull glider one, was a breeze. I managed to get them all .
So I have mixed feelings where trios are concerned.

I have to agree 100% with the above. I managed to breed a complete Cosmic and Skull trio, but I only bred the first two Music animals and then came the service trio, which saw me be the author of the above mentioned "dogs from hell" quote which says enough: three weeks long of ONLY fails. Terrible.
The Skull trio came easy, so that one gave me great joy.

But.... I really don't want to see the trios getting discontinued, at least not yet. I just bought TWO very expensive Crystal Unicorns, firstly with breeding for Treasure in mind, but TL already Torpedoed that plan "in sight of the port". The secondary reason to buy a second Unicorn was to have better chances at breeding the 3rd trio animals. If they now also **** off that part, my second Unicorn will really have no additional value to me other than being an expensive duplicate. :O

So a plea from me to TL: please don't discontinue trios and please don't mess with the special breeding formula of two Unicorns for breeding for ALL single element animals that at the time of doing so are breedable.

ninasidstorm8
12-09-15, 08:34 AM
Since the Trio idea has just been ported over to Dragon Story, I don't think it will be phased out. I think that S8 is rethinking how the trios should be done. I think the number of special elements have created some issues with the Battle Arena/Battleground Element matchup. So I think they will continue but I doubt they will always use a special element. Same with a special element for the World Events. I would like to see them reuse some of the special elements, like they could use the xMas element again for the promised Winter World Event.

The Goal line animals are kind of like mini World Events so I don't see any reason to phase them out either, but they have never followed a regular schedule so we could see one at an time.

ninasidstorm8
12-09-15, 09:43 AM
The last update didn’t give us the Spin to Win that I expected. The event that will control a lot of what happens in December is the World Event that was hinted at in the DEC 1 App update. The World Event is supposed to a Christmas World event, so I expect that it will start before Christmas. There is a strong possibility that the World Event will start with the DEC 11 update, if not then the DEC 15 update.

Assuming the tournament schedule remains intact, the Spin to Win would be pushed back until DEC 29 after the World Event is completed. The reason being, this is the first date where an icon space would be free for at least 7 days. I am disappointed that we didn’t get the Spin to Win with the Tuesday update since there are lots of Christmas related animals from last year they could have included. Maybe the DEC 25 update will be pushed up to DEC 24 and the tournament replaced by a Spin to Win.

We are overdue for a Goal Line animal but that schedule has been very fluid in the past and since it doesn’t use an icon, it could occur at any time. A new Breeding Trio is a little overdue as well and it doesn’t use an icon either, so it could occur at any time. However, I doubt that we would see them both occur at the same time. I still think there is a good chance that the Garland Snake battle will turn out to be a new Battleground that could start at any time but it could be the prize for one of the tournaments this month.

I think that the DEC 25 update will be adjusted somehow. It could be eliminated all together since I don’t think anyone wants an update on Christmas day or moved up a day. The start date and the length of the World Event will give us a better idea how S8 will handle it. I have adjusted my projected schedule for the month to include what has actually occurred and my latest projections. Updates typically occur on Tuesdays and Fridays at 11:30 Pacific Standard Time.

DEC 1 – Storybook Adventure (ends DEC 14)
DEC 8 –
DEC 11 – World Event
DEC 15 – 30-round tournament
DEC 18 – Breeding Trio
DEC 22 -
DEC 25 – 18-round tournament (I think this will be adjusted)
DEC 29 – Spin to Win. Goal Line Animal

ninasidstorm8
12-09-15, 10:18 AM
Since I anticipate that we will be having a World Event starting soon, and I noticed quite a few new players on the forum, I have put together the following information about FFS World Events.

The goal of an FFS World Event is to collect tokens by performing various tasks. There are two prize categories for collecting tokens. Individual prizes depend on the number of tokens that you collect and Community prizes depend on the number of tokens collected by the entire community of people playing FFS. You need to collect a minimum number of tokens to qualify for the community prize. Prizes include animals, decorations and possibly a habitat. The event generally lasts 14 to 17 days.

Tokens can be collected by performing the following actions:

1) Harvesting from farms - 1 token for every hour of growing time
2) Hatching an egg from the nest – 1 token for every hour of incubation time on the nest (speeding up the hatching does not affect the number of tokens collected).
3) Mining – Tokens may be collected when you find a Rune but it is a random event.
4) Battle – If a tournament starts during the event, It will probably give 2 tokens for each round won.
5) Token producing Prize - The first individual prize needs to be placed in the Forest, so you can collect tokens from it. Every four hours it produces 4 tokens. There will also be a similar type item available for purchase in the shop that gives you tokens. It is not necessary to purchase the one in the shop to finish the event successfully.

The key to doing well in a World Events is to have the maximum number of farms available for use during the event and to harvest the crops when ready and replant throughout the event.

You can do the following to prepare for a World Event.
1) Plant 20 hour crops on your farm that are due to be harvested shortly after the update.
2) Save up explosives to be used after the Event starts. (Remember there is a 15 explosive limit)
3) If you have an egg ready to hatch near the update time, wait until after the update to hatch it.
4) If you have an empty nest around the update time, get an egg from storage or buy an egg and put it in the nest that corresponds best to the time the nest will be empty. (Rock Rhino 2hr, Frostfang 4hr). You may want to do this during the event as well when your nest is free due to long breeding times in the Breeding Den.

World Events are meant to be fun, so enjoy it.

calvinxx
12-09-15, 11:05 AM
I'm a little frustrated by this really quiet update. Although I've been spending all my time breeding for the Stuffin Puffin still (Armordillo overload) I still wanted a little something to switch it up. They could have at least rereleased 3 animals like they always have previously. Like the Arboar, Present Pheasant, and Noelephant or something like that

ThynaSmith
12-09-15, 11:34 AM
Awesome guide, ninasidstorm8! A lot of players will find it very useful, I'm sure. Thank you for you updates and insights, they're always helpful. This idea of planting 20 hours crop the day before is what made the World Events possible for me; the last one was a breeze, I managed to get all the individual prizes a day or two before the deadline, which was a relief :)

ThynaSmith
12-09-15, 11:36 AM
And I agree, a Spin to Win with "recycled" Christmas animals, from last year, would be very, very welcome. I managed to get one of my favorite animals, the Great Danebow, in a Spin to Win. And the Fladingo and the Psyena, too, both of which I love; awesome animals that earn a lot of coins, lol.

ninasidstorm8
12-09-15, 02:01 PM
And I agree, a Spin to Win with "recycled" Christmas animals, from last year, would be very, very welcome. I managed to get one of my favorite animals, the Great Danebow, in a Spin to Win. And the Fladingo and the Psyena, too, both of which I love; awesome animals that earn a lot of coins, lol.

Last year’s World Event gave us the Hollie Collie, Krampus, Merry Mercat and Mistletoed Sloth. We have had the following tournament animals that are Christmas/Winter related; Blizard , Noelephant, Winter Wolverine and Yule Mule. Some limited animals that fall into that category were; Cofetti Yeti, Menoram, Present Pheasant and Snowpossum. An upcoming Spin to Win could incorporate some of them since there are plenty to choose from. Personally, I would prefer to see the Cofetti Yeti and the Snowpossum since I don’t have them.

jojopeanut
12-09-15, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up I was going to finally place my Charger on the nest tonight I'll wait now. I REALLY hope it's a world event I was just very lucky enough and very suprised to get a 21 HR timer on nature/electric (Storm Sphinx) perfect timing.

Drachenia
12-10-15, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone! Can tomorrow begin a six days Tournament :confused:

ninasidstorm8
12-10-15, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone! Can tomorrow begin a six days Tournament :confused:

Anything is possible but normally 3 day tournaments start on Friday's. The next 6 day tournament should start on DEC 15. There is a strong possibility that a World Event will start tomorrow.

natxjkkggg
12-10-15, 12:22 PM
What's the starting time in europe??

Drachenia
12-10-15, 01:07 PM
What's the starting time in europe??

It is about 20:30 clock European Time

Drachenia
12-10-15, 01:22 PM
Anything is possible but normally 3 day tournaments start on Friday's. The next 6 day tournament should start on DEC 15. There is a strong possibility that a World Event will start tomorrow.

Thank you Ninasidstorm :D The last six days tournament was on 20/11. I hope tomorrow is a new Christmas trio to breed.

natxjkkggg
12-10-15, 02:26 PM
And I hope that this Time, because of christmas, the Habitat will be a price and not only for sale.

jellybeansandme
12-10-15, 09:09 PM
Since I anticipate that we will be having a World Event starting soon, and I noticed quite a few new players on the forum, I have put together the following information about FFS World Events.

That is very helpful for this n00b. Thank you so much!

Scribbles138
12-11-15, 12:31 PM
Trio, habitat and tournament.

ThynaSmith
12-11-15, 12:34 PM
Ohh, that Garland Snake looks so **** cool!

ninasidstorm8
12-11-15, 12:36 PM
I was expecting a Trio soon but the tournament is a bit of a surprise. It does move things around a bit for Christmas.

ThynaSmith
12-11-15, 12:42 PM
As I was looking at the new habitat update, I noticed they're still selling the Treasure Trove in the market. I wonder why...

ogreve
12-11-15, 12:43 PM
It sure does stir things up for Christmas!
And... I've now first got to get 90 hours of gem breeding and hatching out of the way... ;)

But.. I'm very glad that today I did get that 45 hour timer so I have a great gap for hatching my second Unicorn.
It may be well needed for breeding the third trio animal.

JeffW60
12-11-15, 12:47 PM
What is the Rudolphin breeding time?

ThynaSmith
12-11-15, 12:51 PM
It sure does stir things up for Christmas!
And... I've now first got to get 90 hours of gem breeding and hatching out of the way... ;)

But.. I'm very glad that today I did get that 45 hour timer so I have a great gap for hatching my second Unicorn.
It may be well needed for breeding the third trio animal.
I wonder if a unicorn will make any difference in breeding this trio... I'm new to having a Unicorn and all that it means, but in this case, it looks like these new animals (from the trio) won't have a new, exclusive element. So, does the Crystal Unicorn help to breed them?

At least the dolphin doesn't have a new element.

ogreve
12-11-15, 12:59 PM
I wonder if a unicorn will make any difference in breeding this trio... I'm new to having a Unicorn and all that it means, but in this case, it looks like these new animals (from the trio) won't have a new, exclusive element. So, does the Crystal Unicorn help to breed them?

At least the dolphin doesn't have a new element.

Yes, I just noticed that too. :(
It's starting to look like I bought that second unicorn completely for nothing. :(
Just when I'm in the game for THE two advantages it used to have to have two of them it now seems both of these advantages are out the window. :(

JeffW60
12-11-15, 01:03 PM
So as I understand it I simply breed water and nature to try for the rudophin? I'm still a bit new so all this is still sort of new.

ninasidstorm8
12-11-15, 01:07 PM
Yes, you are correct.

jbb4ever
12-11-15, 01:19 PM
My timer for this tournament started at 5 days 12 hours and 27 minutes when it popped up on my game but it says the tournament is for 6 days. Does anyone know if this is what the timer should be showing up as or is it wrong?26817

jojopeanut
12-11-15, 01:24 PM
What is the Rudolphin breeding time?

I don't know butI sure hope 15HRS I just got for panda and frostfang.

jojopeanut
12-11-15, 01:26 PM
I don't know how this works. If we sucssefully breed the Trios is the habitat free?

Scribbles138
12-11-15, 01:30 PM
I don't know butI sure hope 15HRS I just got for panda and frostfang.

I do believe that's it. :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87352-Gift-Givers-Trio-Pt-1-Rudolphin

Scribbles138
12-11-15, 01:31 PM
I don't know how this works. If we sucssefully breed the Trios is the habitat free?

No, you still have to buy the habitat.

ogreve
12-11-15, 01:43 PM
I wonder about the elements of the second and third animal. The splash screen shows parts of the Winter Wonderland habitat and not of the Tinkerer Workshop....
They have distinct elemental combinations. With the a Winter Wonderland housing dark and electric too, we could be in for long breeding times if that's the intended habitat!

ThynaSmith
12-11-15, 01:48 PM
If this trio doesn't have new elements, I'm not even going to bother trying for them, lol! I'm going to keep on my steady (and probably very long...) gem hybrid breeding trying.

Silverrain1
12-11-15, 01:50 PM
As I was looking at the new habitat update, I noticed they're still selling the Treasure Trove in the market. I wonder why...

I noticed that to but to be fair the harmonic hollow, lovers lane, space place etc are all still there to. I wonder if that means they will b in value packs or something. I think (but could b wrong) that two of the space animals have been in the value pack

Silverrain1
12-11-15, 01:50 PM
Love the habitat so just bought it. So glad I got a gem sale today!

ThynaSmith
12-11-15, 01:51 PM
I noticed that to but to be fair the harmonic hollow, lovers lane, space place etc are all still there to. I wonder if that means they will b in value packs or something. I think (but could b wrong) that two of the space animals have been in the value pack
Good point, I haven't paid attention to those other habitats before!

Silverrain1
12-11-15, 02:08 PM
I got very excited first time I saw lovers lane as I got none of those animals, maybe the habitats just stay incase the animals ever come back for limited times, value packs or spin to win

ninasidstorm8
12-11-15, 02:15 PM
I thought that S8 would adjust the tournament schedule so that a 3 Day tournament didn't start on Christmas Day but I didn't think they would resolve the issue by starting the 6 Day tournament 4 days early. I guess they didn't want to start the World Event until everyone had a chance to complete the Storybook Adventure. I'll have to do a little thinking about how this will affect the Tournaments going forward, but It makes it highly likely that the World Event will start with the DEC 15 update.

Silverrain1
12-11-15, 02:23 PM
Love the world events. A Christmas one should b great fun!

JeffW60
12-11-15, 02:37 PM
One more question....today's update is not a world event, right?

ThynaSmith
12-11-15, 03:10 PM
One more question....today's update is not a world event, right?
No, it's just a 6 Days Tournament, and the Trio that just started. World Event is something like the Autumn Event, or the Candy Carnival World Event, which was the last we had, so far (in November).

Sandybellee
12-12-15, 05:25 AM
I'm kind of disappointed that Menoram is offered in a value pack. Was hoping to see it on the upcoming spin to win. Hopefully Santa Claws will be on the wheel!

Silverrain1
12-12-15, 05:31 PM
I missed the Santa claws and a reindeer one last time. Can't mind it's name. I only got the poodle. Love it but hate incomplete sets