PDA

View Full Version : Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Clark_Wayne
04-19-16, 04:52 PM
i think i'm the only one who is happy without tournament LOL
so many animals staying in storage without habitat !
besides i can do other things without stressing : "have to do battles :eek:"
for once i have a relaxing tuesday ! LOL

Buttercup0001
04-19-16, 06:03 PM

Ditto

55lee55
04-20-16, 09:19 PM
Ditto

Me too. Happy as a clam with the much needed breather.

I hope the next update is the long awaited (by me anyway) app update with expansions. I hope they address other well known space issues as well. It appears like S8 is trying to address the problems, so I am hopeful that the next one will be the one. If not, I hope it comes soon because I have 45 animals sitting in storage that will never see my forest unless something changes. That number will only increase unless something drastic happens to regain balance. The recent expansions and rereleases have helped but once again I don't have room for certain elements in my forest and only one more space to expand to when I earn enough runes. Yes, I am happy to see this breather.

LauraGSJK
04-20-16, 10:20 PM

I agree with you 100%! I hope we don't have a tournament Friday either.

I wish you, and everyone else, good luck with the Storybook Adventure! :)

ninasidstorm8
04-21-16, 11:36 AM
No 30-round tournament with the APR 19 update was quite a surprise. I hope it means that something special is on the way rather than a specific plan to randomize the special events. Since the start of the Battle Arena, the tournament schedule has been extremely reliable. I think it is unlikely that a 30-round tournament would start on a Friday. It is more likely that the next 18-round tournament will be moved up a week start with the APR 22 update. Another possibility is that we get the 30-round tournament with the Apr 26 update.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. It is an Earth sign, so I expect the animal to be a Zodiac/Earth hybrid (others are expecting Zodiac/Nature). Two of the three Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month, so I expect that the Taurus Goal Line will start with the APR 29 update. I would not be surprise, if S8 decides to move the Taurus Goal Line up a bit, so I plan to be ready for it, starting with the Apr 22 update.

We are long overdue for a Spin to Win event. If there is no tournament starting APR 22, a Spin to Win could start, otherwise, the earliest the Spin to Win can start is the APR 26 update.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I think it’s a little late to see one this month, since it would overlap with the Storybook Adventure and the next Zodiac Goal Line. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in April since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. The APR 22 update would be a good time to start a new one.

Following are my current projections for special events for the next few weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

MAR 29: 30 round tournament, Aires Goal Line
APR 1: World Traveler World Event starts
APR 5:
APR 8: 18 round tournament
APR 12:
APR 15: Dust to Destiny Storybook Adventure, World Traveler World Event ends
APR 19:
APR 22: 18 round tournament
APR 26: Spin to Win
APR 29: Taurus Goal Line, Dust to Destiny Storybook Adventure ends
MAY 3: 30 round tournament, Breeding Trio

I'll copy this information to Post #2 for easy reference.

Silverrain1
04-21-16, 01:42 PM
A big thanks Nina for working this all out. I don't know how u do it!

Cdnfroglover
04-22-16, 06:46 AM
I'm very curious about the fruit bat. To me, it has to be lightening/nature because of the habitat its sitting in. I hope its a tournament animal, but an animal that gives food instead of money would be neat too. I don't have any trouble getting runes when I need them so I don't see the point in that. Hope we find out today? I'm closing in on Prince Charring and I'm "little kid with an ice cream cone" excited about it!... he will be my first ultra rare!

Sandybellee
04-22-16, 07:25 AM
Hoping there won't be a tournament this weekend but most likely there will be. Would love to see another spin to win - hopefully they haven't done away with it!

Sandybellee
04-22-16, 11:33 AM
Yay! No tournament! I'm enjoying this little vacay from battling. :)

ninasidstorm8
04-22-16, 11:46 AM
No tournament. A new Value pack with the Land Shark and 30 Realm Runes.

NannaSherry
04-22-16, 11:52 AM
Yes me too! Very happy for the break and down time. Thank you FFS.

Buttercup0001
04-22-16, 06:57 PM

Let me second that. Nina, I think it's fair to say, from all of us, how much we appreciate all that you do in the forums.
All your knowledge and information, as well as your time, helps me and no doubt other players, whether it's for breeding purposes, those hidden rocks when clearing land that get in the way (found the post where u mentioned selling evolution flower temporarily etc, big thanks for that) and preparing for weekly updates (though at times I do forget to plant Rune Prunes). You have done an outstanding job and filled the void when Zenobia unfortunately left us.

JeffW60
04-22-16, 07:41 PM
Let me second that. Nina, I think it's fair to say, from all of us, how much we appreciate all that you do in the forums.
All your knowledge and information, as well as your time, helps me and no doubt other players, whether it's for breeding purposes, those hidden rocks when clearing land that get in the way (found the post where u mentioned selling evolution flower temporarily etc, big thanks for that) and preparing for weekly updates (though at times I do forget to plant Rune Prunes). You have done an outstanding job and filled the void when Zenobia unfortunately left us.

Ditto

ninasidstorm8
04-23-16, 08:39 AM

Ditto

Thanks for the kind words. I am happy to contribute where I can. I enjoy the exchange of information between players and that the community helps each other out.

Sandybellee
04-23-16, 08:45 AM

Yes, we are very lucky to have forum members like him who have played from the beginning! He always has the answers. :)

Sandybellee
04-23-16, 08:48 AM
Yes me too! Very happy for the break and down time. Thank you FFS.

I know! It's so refreshing especially since there are events going on in other S8 games. Hopefully we'll get more breaks like this in the future.

Sandybellee
04-23-16, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I am happy to contribute where I can. I enjoy the exchange of information between players and that the community helps each other out.

That's the best thing about the forums. There are always longtime players like you ready to help others. Thanks from me too. :)

And actually thank you to everyone who makes this such a supportive and fun community!

JeffW60
04-24-16, 06:30 PM
Who knows what we will get on Tuesdays update. It has become increasingly hard to predict. I would think it time for a tournament to roll around, and I would not be surprised if the Taurus celestial began. A spin to win it appears may be gone, at least temporarily. And then we are due for an app update to arrive at any time now. One thing is for sure, the unpredictability keeps us on our toes.

Clark_Wayne
04-24-16, 09:11 PM
this game is very strange : normally people are happy when they have something to do (tournament, events,..) but here people are happy when they have no tournament
isn't that strange ? LOL
TL/s8 should think about that LOL
may be they should think about new prizes for tournaments : for example huge amount of food, 20 or 30 gems, because honestly doing tournament for animals i can't hatch because lack of place is not fun at all

calvinxx
04-24-16, 10:34 PM
this game is very strange : normally people are happy when they have something to do (tournament, events,..) but here people are happy when they have no tournament
isn't that strange ? LOL
may be they should think about new prizes for tournaments : for example huge amount of food, 20 or 30 gems, because honestly doing tournament for animals i can't hatch because lack of place is not fun at all

That is such a good idea !! I would love fighting for food!!! I'm tired of the same old boring tournaments

Silverrain1
04-24-16, 10:44 PM
Ohhhh, a big sack of food or gems. Sounds like a great idea. Some animals still to.

Clark_Wayne
04-24-16, 11:35 PM
or a 4-animals habitat as tournament prize :) since we don't have habitat during world event ;)

NannaSherry
04-25-16, 05:23 AM
isn't that strange ? LOL

That's what I've been saying. Add something that can give gems or ruins or habitats. New animals are always cool and since my ability to breed is unlucky at best it seems, I do enjoy winning them. But I have 29 in storage, and it's takes forever to get them out and make room. Can't tell you all the rares and common animals I have had to sell so I can get/use my newer more valuable ones.

ninasidstorm8
04-25-16, 08:19 AM
The APR 22 update saw the release of the Fruitbat. I believe we will get a 30-round tournament with the Apr 26 update, which is a week later than the typical 3 week timing for 30-round tournament. Although the Dust to Destiny Storybook Adventure has ended for most players, you could have delayed the start 4 days, so it won’t end for everyone until APR 29.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. It is an Earth sign, so I expect the animal to be a Zodiac/Earth hybrid (others are expecting Zodiac/Nature). Two of the three Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month. However, the last 2 Zodiac goal lines have started on Tuesday. I think this would be the perfect time for S8 to move the Taurus Goal Line up a bit, so I am changing my projection to having the Taurus Goal Line start with the Apr 26 update.

We are long overdue for a Spin to Win event. S8 has missed a couple opportunities to include a Spin to Win in one of the updates the past couple months, so I am going to assume that feature is on hiatus for now.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I think it’s a little late to see one this month, since it would overlap with the next Zodiac Goal Line. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in April since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. Since I think the APR 26 update will be a bit busy, I think the APR 29 update would be a good time for a new Battleground.

Following are my current projections for special events for the next few weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

APR 5:
APR 12:
APR 19:
APR 22:
APR 26: 30 round tournament, Taurus Goal Line
APR 29: Dust to Destiny Storybook Adventure ends
MAY 3: Breeding Trio

I will copy this information to Post #2 for easy reference.

JeffW60
04-25-16, 09:26 AM
The APR 22 update saw the release of the Fruitbat. I believe we will get a 30-round tournament with the Apr 26 update, which is a week later than the typical 3 week timing for 30-round tournament. Although the Dust to Destiny Storybook Adventure has ended for most players, you could have delayed the start 4 days, so it won’t end for everyone until APR 29.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. It is an Earth sign, so I expect the animal to be a Zodiac/Earth hybrid (others are expecting Zodiac/Nature). Two of the three Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month. However, the last 2 Zodiac goal lines have started on Tuesday. I think this would be the perfect time for S8 to move the Taurus Goal Line up a bit, so I am changing my projection to having the Taurus Goal Line start with the Apr 26 update.

We are long overdue for a Spin to Win event. S8 has missed a couple opportunities to include a Spin to Win in one of the updates the past couple months, so I am going to assume that feature is on hiatus for now.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I think it’s a little late to see one this month, since it would overlap with the next Zodiac Goal Line. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in April since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. Since I think the APR 26 update will be a bit busy, I think the APR 29 update would be a good time for a new Battleground.

APR 5:
APR 12:
APR 19:
APR 22:
APR 26: 30 round tournament, Taurus Goal Line
APR 29: Dust to Destiny Storybook Adventure ends

I must be getting better at this😉 Because the 30 round tournament and the Taurus goal line are the two events I was thinking would start tomorrow. We will know soon.

Sandybellee
04-25-16, 10:35 AM
The zodiac goal line has always started when there is still a few days of storybook left for those who started later so it's a pretty safe bet we'll get that tomorrow. I'll be planting rune prunes tonight in case those come in handy tomorrow.

JeffW60
04-26-16, 07:31 AM
The zodiac goal line has always started when there is still a few days of storybook left for those who started later so it's a pretty safe bet we'll get that tomorrow. I'll be planting rune prunes tonight in case those come in handy tomorrow.

I've got some rune prunes ready to harvest just after the update just in case. I'm thinking we get the Taurus goal line and probably a tournament.

Sandybellee
04-26-16, 11:22 AM
I've got some rune prunes ready to harvest just after the update just in case. I'm thinking we get the Taurus goal line and probably a tournament.

That's probably what we'll get. Only nine more minutes... :)

JeffW60
04-26-16, 11:35 AM
New 30 round tournament for a ' Snappy Turtle', and surprise........a spin to win.

Sandybellee
04-26-16, 11:38 AM
Disappointed that the zodiac goal line didn't start but happy to have completely free breeding time - yay for that!

The spin to win only has one animal that is not currently breedable - who would buy any spins?

JeffW60
04-26-16, 11:41 AM
I'm guessing the Taurus goal line will now come next Tuesday, since, correct me if I'm wrong, there won't be an available icon before then.

matiasabad94
04-26-16, 11:46 AM
I'm guessing the Taurus goal line will now come next Tuesday, since, correct me if I'm wrong, there won't be an available icon before then.

Celestial goal lines don't require an icon :) It's definitely coming this Friday.

JeffW60
I expected an app update today. We are now almost 2 1/2 months since the last one.

JeffW60
Celestial goal lines don't require an icon :) It's definitely coming this Friday.
I just remembered that. Thanks for correcting me.

ninasidstorm8
04-26-16, 12:05 PM
I have completed the Storybook but it doesn't end for everybody for a couple days. So I assume that there is now room for 4 icons although I only have 3. In Dragon Story, they have made the icon area scrollable with today's update.

This will make predicting the updates a little bit harder. I guess all we had to do was give up on the Spin to Win to get it back. Glad to see the food prizes increased but a bit disappointed that 3 of the animals are currently breedable.

JeffW60
04-26-16, 12:10 PM
I have completed the Storybook but it doesn't end for everybody for a couple days. So I assume that there is now room for 4 icons although I only have 3. In Dragon Story, they have made the icon area scrollable with today's update.

This will make predicting the updates a little bit harder. I guess all we had to do was give up on the Spin to Win to get it back. Glad to see the food prizes increased but a bit disappointed that 3 of the animals are currently breedable.

You think maybe a spin to win animal may be needed for the Taurus goal line?

ninasidstorm8
04-26-16, 12:23 PM
You think maybe a spin to win animal may be needed for the Taurus goal line?

Could be but there are 3 to choose from. If it is one of them, I hope it's the Rockadile since the Water/Earth breeding times are shorter. The other 2 are Pygmy Giraffe (Dark/Earth) and Hot Dog (Dark/Fire) which have similar (but longer) breed times.

ninasidstorm8
04-28-16, 07:53 AM
The Snappy Turtle 30-round tournament began with the APR 26 update as expected. Just as I was wondering if the Spin to Win feature was on hold, a 7-day Spin to Win for the Arcrane started as well.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. The S8 blog has stated that Taurus will be released on APR 29. I believe it will be a Goal Line animal like the previous 3 Zodiac animals and the Celestial South habitat will be put on sale for 50% off (200 gems). It looks like Taurus will be a Zodiac/Nature hybrid.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in April since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. The APR 29 update is the last chance for the Battleground to start in April

APR 19:
APR 22:
APR 26: 30 round tournament, Spin to Win - Arcrane
MAY 6: 18 round tournament

HappyHeartBakery
04-29-16, 07:15 AM
remembered to plant my prunes for Tuesdays update, but not for todays:( Really hard to get into the game for me without crashing:(:( I have to uninstall and then reinstall every time. So now I only go thru that painfully long process a few time a day and just plant nexus nuts. I have been battling in latest 30 round tournament, but am not going to stress about that one - without having the time or stress level to sit for 10 minutes to reinstall the game every time I want to play I just battle when I'm in there. Maybe an app update will help me - not sure. The ipad I play on is not that old - but I guess too old for all these moving parts of FFS. Looking forward to update and completing the zodiak habitat circle:) I will look very nice:)

chickenladyx14
04-29-16, 07:27 AM
The more I fill my forest, the more bog downs I get. So ........ I will be selling some of the larger more active flying creatures (like Wyburn) if an update doesn't solve the problem. My only other alternative is to sedate my animals. :D

Silverrain1
04-29-16, 11:29 AM
The more I fill my forest, the more bog downs I get. So ........ I will be selling some of the larger more active flying creatures (like Wyburn) if an update doesn't solve the problem. My only other alternative is to sedate my animals. :D

Oh no! Not the wyburn! Love that animal. I remember having s huge food supply (well at the time I thought it was huge) and started feeding the wyburn up and not looking at what was happening and got yo about level 12 and ran out of food! Could not believe that, but I had to finish feeding it. So cute lol. Hope you can get more space soon

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 11:33 AM
Looks like the update is running late.

calvinxx
04-29-16, 11:34 AM
Oh no! Not the wyburn! Love that animal. I remember having s huge food supply (well at the time I thought it was huge) and started feeding the wyburn up and not looking at what was happening and got yo about level 12 and ran out of food! Could not believe that, but I had to finish feeding it. So cute lol. Hope you can get more space soon

This exact thing happened to me!! Lol I was feeding and not paying attention and was so confused why it stopped until I noticed I had ran out of food haha mine is now epic level too and I love him :)

Silverrain1
04-29-16, 11:53 AM
This exact thing happened to me!! Lol I was feeding and not paying attention and was so confused why it stopped until I noticed I had ran out of food haha mine is now epic level too and I love him :)

I remember how devastated I was over the food loss! And the low coins I got back from it!

Sandybellee
04-29-16, 12:02 PM
Still no update? What's going on? It was update time when I got home from work but I wanted to wash my hair first before diving into the Taurus goal line so I thought I was half an hour late but there's nothing...

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 12:07 PM
Still no update? What's going on? It was update time when I got home from work but I wanted to wash my hair first before diving into the Taurus goal line so I thought I was half an hour late but there's nothing...

Seems to be a general trend with S8 games lately, although the Dragon Story update was on time today. The Farm Story update is going to be a day late. I wonder if they are having trouble with the Flowery Fields release on iOs and need it for today's update.

Silverrain1
04-29-16, 12:08 PM
I have crops that I'm itching to harvest then plant again but don't wanna go to soon!

Drachenia
04-29-16, 12:10 PM
I got not update for Taurus , what's going wrong? :(

Sandybellee
04-29-16, 12:14 PM
Seems to be a general trend with S8 games lately, although the Dragon Story update was on time today. The Farm Story update is going to be a day late. I wonder if they are having trouble with the Flowery Fields release on iOs and need it for today's update.

True, many updates have started late recently (it's rather the norm than an exception on CS). Usually FFS is right on time though. Hopefully it starts soon!
I was so happy this morning when I found out the Farm Story event hadn't started yet because I couldn't stay up late last night.

Um, what's Flowery Fields? I clearly haven't been paying enough attention this week because I have no clue...

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 12:15 PM
I got not update for Taurus , what's going wrong? :(

I am surprised, the update is late, this is a rare occurrence for Fantasy Forest Story. If they follow the trend of other S8 games, the update wait until a multiple of 1 hour past the normal release time. (1 hour late, 2 hour s late etc..) So the next chance is in 15 minutes.

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 12:17 PM
True, many updates have started late recently (it's rather the norm than an exception on CS). Usually FFS is right on time though. Hopefully it starts soon!
I was so happy this morning when I found out the Farm Story event hadn't started yet because I couldn't stay up late last night.

Um, what's Flowery Fields? I clearly haven't been paying enough attention this week because I have no clue...

Apparently there is new release of FFS called Fantasy Forest Story Flowery Fields on Android that has not be released on iOs. There is another thread referencing it. Since I am on iOS, that is all I know.

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?91152-New-update-Flowery-fields

Cdnfroglover
04-29-16, 12:21 PM
Apparently there is new release of FFS called Fantasy Forest Story Flowery Fields on Android that has not be released on iOs. There is another thread referencing it. Since I am on iOS, that is all I know.

Yes I got Flowery Fields this morning... but nothing changed... Not a single thing!

Drachenia
04-29-16, 12:21 PM
I am surprised, the update is late, this is a rare occurrence for Fantasy Forest Story. If they follow the trend of other S8 games, the update wait until a multiple of 1 hour past the normal release time. (1 hour late, 2 hour s late etc..) So the next chance is in 15 minutes.

Okay , Thanks Ninasidstorm ! So late , I 'm not usual after German time , it is already 21:20 hours

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 12:25 PM
Yes I got Flowery Fields this morning... but nothing changed... Not a single thing!

Every once in a while, S8 will release an update that just has a new opening screen and sometimes they change the color scheme. That is probably what it is. However, it may have a change or a fix that is needed for today's update. If they are having an issue with the iOS version, it may explain the delay.

Sandybellee
04-29-16, 12:28 PM

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?91152-New-update-Flowery-fields

Thank you! Hopefully we also get it for iOS soon. :)

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 12:32 PM
The update is here.

HappyHeartBakery
04-29-16, 01:06 PM

Well isn't this a 'keep us on our toes' start to the Goal Line - plant 5 melons:) Feeling less bad for having forgotten to plant prunes yesterday. But a sea lion - not sure i've had any luck breeding that one.

Anyone going in for any 'on sale' treasure animals? The only one I have is my purchased Prize Pony. Wondering if another is worth it at the sale prices they are at?? And if so anyone have suggestions for which one to compliment my forest? AND since they are on sale, can we breed them??

Sandybellee
04-29-16, 01:15 PM
Just noticed the Cactus Kitsune value pack. It's less expensive than usual. That's a good trend at least!

MaribouMay
04-29-16, 01:17 PM
Anyone going in for any 'on sale' treasure animals? The only one I have is my purchased Prize Pony. Wondering if another is worth it at the sale prices they are at?? And if so anyone have suggestions for which one to compliment my forest? AND since they are on sale, can we breed them??

Money Badger gives the most gems at 4 every 2 days when epic. Golden Retriever gives 4 every 3 days Treasure Toucan and Prize Pony give 3 every 3 days.

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 01:24 PM
I have a Cactus Kitsune 15,000 Apples and 500,000 coin Value Pack for $9.99. I don't remember ever getting a Value Pack that low. I am not interested since I have a Cactus Kitsune already.

chickenladyx14
04-29-16, 02:26 PM
I got the same pack. It's tempting as I don't have a CK and I like the looks of it. Not to mention that the apples are very much needed as I'm trying to level up the Ornate Ocelot.

JeffW60
04-29-16, 03:20 PM
I'm going to think about the Treasure animals. I'm tempted to buy one, but not sure.

chickenladyx14
04-29-16, 03:52 PM
I bit the bullet and used the last of my gems on the Money Badger. I have a tendency to speed breed if I have gems so a treasure animal is a good deterrent/investment for me. It also will keep me from screaming at my I-pad when I don't speed breed something I want. :D

JeffW60
04-29-16, 03:56 PM
I bit the bullet and used the last of my gems on the Money Badger. I have a tendency to speed breed if I have gems so a treasure animal is a good investment for me. It also will keep me from screaming at my I-pad when I don't speed breed something I want. :D

I've been meaning to ask you.....did you ever get a gem sale?

chickenladyx14
04-29-16, 03:58 PM
Nope! No! Nada! And I am not happy about it! BTW - I have another CU in the breeding den. YAHOO!

JeffW60
04-29-16, 04:01 PM
Nope! No! Nada! And I am not happy about it! BTW - I have an other CU in the breeding den. YAHOO!

I have to think you will eventually get one. I went a long time before one appeared but it finally did.

Congratulations on your CU! I would love to have a 2nd one.

You have inspired me. I will buy a Money Bsdger.

chickenladyx14
04-29-16, 04:02 PM
Yee Haw! We will name them Pete & Repete :D

JeffW60
04-29-16, 04:19 PM
Yee Haw! We will name them Pete & Repete :D

Hmmm. Tried to buy the Money Badger, but it said I have to hatch the egg on the nest first. I thought you could buy it and put the egg in storage but apparently not. At any rate, I'll buy it when my egg hatches.

GanleeKalinae
04-29-16, 05:52 PM
I bit the bullet and used the last of my gems on the Money Badger. I have a tendency to speed breed if I have gems so a treasure animal is a good deterrent/investment for me. It also will keep me from screaming at my I-pad when I don't speed breed something I want. :D

I tend to speed breed too if I have a lot of gems, soooo impatient and a waste of gems but you just can't help it!
Or else I end up in a gem trap by spending gems to harvest crops early by accident :(

JeffW60
04-29-16, 05:58 PM
I'm having a memory fail. What was the last breeding trio we had?

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 06:08 PM
I'm having a memory fail. What was the last breeding trio we had?

If you look at the top of post #2, I keep a reference to the latest set of events. The last Breeding Trio was the Sweetheart Trio which started FEB 02, 2016. It consisted of the Love Bug, Kissy Cat, and XO Ox.

JeffW60
04-30-16, 07:14 PM
Nina, what do you expect next week in the way of updates? I believe Tuesday will be a fairly quiet update. There is a possibility of a new battleground, as one of those could come at any time. But Friday's update could be a bit interesting with the Taurus goal line ending. We could see a breeding trio, but do you think with the tendency lately of moving things up we could see another world event starting?

ninasidstorm8
04-30-16, 08:48 PM
I am thinking that a Breeding Trio will start with the next update. I am hoping the next World Event will not be until the middle of May and the Next Storybook the beginning of June so they are back on a 6 week schedule. I would like to see a new Battleground in May since there are still a few combinations from the latest elements that I would like to test out. I am hoping for some Skull, Halloween and Zodiac opponents in a Battleground. I keep a set of baby animals with special elements so I can test out lots of combinations before winning. I set my own personal record by losing 288 battles in the Snow Monster battleground.

JeffW60
04-30-16, 08:59 PM
I am thinking that a Breeding Trio will start with the next update. I am hoping the next World Event will not be until the middle of May and the Next Storybook the beginning of June so they are back on a 6 week schedule. I would like to see a new Battleground in May since there are still a few combinations from the latest elements that I would like to test out. I am hoping for some Skull, Halloween and Zodiac opponents in a Battleground. I keep a set of baby animals with special elements so I can test out lots of combinations before winning. I set my own personal record by losing 288 battles in the Snow Monster battleground.

Yes, I am thinking that despite the last two world events starting early, we are a few weeks away from one. I will say that I would welcome a world event right now. I find them to be the least stressful of all the events. There is no required breeding. Just simply planting and harvesting food for the most part and staying persistent. The world events are great for building up food supplies which is what I really need to do right now. With that said, I agree, a breeding trio is overdue.

ninasidstorm8
05-02-16, 09:44 AM
The Steer of Stars Goal Line for Taurus was started with the APR 29 update as expected and the Celestial South habitat was put on sale for 50% off (200 gems). A new value pack containing the Cactus Kitsune was also released. Since S8 has made room for 4 icons, I believe that a new Value Pack will be released on Tuesday’s ad well as Friday’s. So we should see a new Value pack as part of the May 3 update.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so the first week of May seems like the best time to start a new one. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February. However, I am projecting that we will have a Breeding Trio starting with the MAY 3 update.

Since the Storybook Adventures have started (08/18/2015), we have had one begin every month except November of 2015. I think that the MAY 13 update is the best time for a new Storybook Adventure, so that is my projection. This means we would have 2 Storybook Events between World Events but this has happened before and I think it may again.

World Events typically occur about every 6 weeks, although the last two have started at the beginning of the month about two weeks early. It wouldn’t hurt to be ready for a World Event for the next few updates but I am currently projecting that the next World Event will wait until the beginning of June. This would also put the timing of the following World Event at the end of July which I consider the second anniversary of the Fantasy Forest game. So maybe we will have a Birthday themed World Event late July.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in May since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so.

MAY 6: 18 round tournament, Taurus Goal Line ends
MAY 10:
MAY 13: Storybook Adventure

I'll copy this information to post #2 for easy reference.

JeffW60
05-02-16, 09:57 AM
The Steer of Stars Goal Line for Taurus was started with the APR 29 update as expected and the Celestial South habitat was put on sale for 50% off (200 gems). A new value pack containing the Cactus Kitsune was also released. Since S8 has made room for 4 icons, I believe that a new Value Pack will be released on Tuesday’s ad well as Friday’s. So we should see a new Value pack as part of the May 3 update.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so the first week of May seems like the best time to start a new one. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February. However, I am projecting that we will have a Breeding Trio starting with the MAY 3 update.

Since the Storybook Adventures have started (08/18/2015), we have had one begin every month except November of 2015. I think that the MAY 13 update is the best time for a new Storybook Adventure, so that is my projection. This means we would have 2 Storybook Events between World Events but this has happened before and I think it may again.

World Events typically occur about every 6 weeks, although the last two have started at the beginning of the month about two weeks early. It wouldn’t hurt to be ready for a World Event for the next few updates but I am currently projecting that the next World Event will wait until the beginning of June. This would also put the timing of the following World Event at the end of July which I consider the second anniversary of the Fantasy Forest game. So maybe we will have a Birthday themed World Event late July.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in May since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so.

MAY 3: Breeding Trio, Taurus Goal Line ends
MAY 10:

Interesting projection. I never considered another Storybook to start before another world event.

ninasidstorm8
05-02-16, 10:03 AM
Interesting projection. I never considered another Storybook to start before another world event.

I don't have a real good reason other than the need to break the current pattern and a suspicion that there will be a Birthday themed World Event around the middle to end of July. My alternative would be that the World Event starts May 13 and the Storybook waits until the beginning of June.

JeffW60
05-02-16, 10:23 AM
I don't have a real good reason other than the need to break the current pattern and a suspicion that there will be a Birthday themed World Event around the middle to end of July. My alternative would be that the World Event starts May 13 and the Storybook waits until the beginning of June.

Just curious. What makes you think we may see a Birthday themed world event?

ninasidstorm8
05-02-16, 12:31 PM
Just curious. What makes you think we may see a Birthday themed world event?

Other S8 games that I play often have a World Event with a Birthday theme to honor the anniversary of the first release of the game (birthday). It is not every year. For instance, Dragon Story celebrated it's 4th birthday a few weeks ago with a World Event. S8 didn't do anything special last year, although there were a few sales around the end of July but nothing directly tied to the game's birthday.

Silverrain1
05-02-16, 01:27 PM
Wow, didn't realise how long that means I have been playing this game. Not quite since it started but about 6 months in I wld say

JeffW60
05-03-16, 10:23 AM
The Steer of Stars Goal Line for Taurus was started with the APR 29 update as expected and the Celestial South habitat was put on sale for 50% off (200 gems). A new value pack containing the Cactus Kitsune was also released. Since S8 has made room for 4 icons, I believe that a new Value Pack will be released on Tuesday?s ad well as Friday?s. So we should see a new Value pack as part of the May 3 update.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so the first week of May seems like the best time to start a new one. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven?t had one start since the beginning of February. However, I am projecting that we will have a Breeding Trio starting with the MAY 3 update.

World Events typically occur about every 6 weeks, although the last two have started at the beginning of the month about two weeks early. It wouldn?t hurt to be ready for a World Event for the next few updates but I am currently projecting that the next World Event will wait until the beginning of June. This would also put the timing of the following World Event at the end of July which I consider the second anniversary of the Fantasy Forest game. So maybe we will have a Birthday themed World Event late July.

MAY 3: Breeding Trio, Taurus Goal Line ends
MAY 10:

I am wondering when the next app update will come. We are now right at 2 1/2 months since the last one and as I look at the version history, we have now gone the longest without an app update except an occasion a while ago. It could me that a major overhaul is in the works, but that is only a guess.

ninasidstorm8
05-03-16, 11:36 AM
Another World Event. Seems to be a monthly occurrence now. I am really surprised that they didn't add another Value Pack. I have some 5 hour crops ready in about an hour and 14 explosives in the mine, so I will get a decent start.

Mamaroo recycled for Mother's Day. I already have it but I know it's on a lot of people's list.

Silverrain1
05-03-16, 11:39 AM
Yay, hope I can get the mamaroo. So cute

JeffW60
05-03-16, 11:40 AM
Another World Event. Seems to be a monthly occurrence now. I am really surprised that they didn't add another Value Pack. I have some 5 hour crops ready in about an hour and 14 explosives in the mine, so I will get a decent start.

Mamaroo recycled for Mother's Day. I already have than but I know it's on a lot of people's list.

I am surprised as well, though by this time I suppose we shouldn't be. The 3rd straight world event beginning early seems to be the new trend. I held off on harvesting nexus nuts just in case and am glad I did.

Sandybellee
05-03-16, 11:40 AM

Mamaroo recycled for Mother's Day. I already have than but I know it's on a lot of people's list.

I'm surprised too but very happy we get all those beautiful animals from the world event and there's a new type to boot, rainbow!

kingkobra73
05-03-16, 12:44 PM
Hey guys should I start planting 20 hour crops after I collect my 5 hour crops?

Sandybellee
05-03-16, 01:05 PM
Hey guys should I start planting 20 hour crops after I collect my 5 hour crops?

Depends on how often you can open the game. I will plant 20 hour crops tonight. There's a thread for the world event in the main menu. Good luck! :)

55lee55
05-03-16, 08:11 PM
I am wondering when the next app update will come. We are now right at 2 1/2 months since the last one and as I look at the version history, we have now gone the longest without an app update except an occasion a while ago. It could me that a major overhaul is in the works, but that is only a guess.

I sure hope you are right, even thought it didn't happen today. Does anyone have a prediction about when or if we will be getting more expansions, or better, a major overhaul like you talk about JeffW60? That would be welcomed by a lot of us, I suspect.

I like world events, although I don't have room to take the pretty animals out of storage. I am starting to have to consider selling animals again and I dislike that popup that says all of the habitats available for this animal are full. That, and the you have expanded to everywhere in your forest that are safe to explore popups are tied for my least favorite game sayings.

I am really thrilled with the recycling of older animals for new players and the Manaroo is a favorite. It is also a good battle animal in Epic form. I like the new animal scheduled for Friday too. I hope it is a tournament. I wouldn't miss seeing the end of trios. While I have them all, many people don't have many, and that can be hard on folks because most animals won't be offered again.

ninasidstorm8
05-05-16, 08:53 AM
I was somewhat surprised that a World Event started with the MAY 3 update although it is now three straight months that a World Event was released in the first week of the month. Since it is a 17-day event, it makes me think the tournament schedule will be affected.

I expect that we will have a normal 18-round tournament beginning with the MAY 6 update. However, I think that in order to keep the start and end of the next 30-round tournament within the bounds of the World Event, the next 30-round tournament will be moved up a week to start with the May 10 update.

Gemini runs between May 21 and June 21 so it should be the next Zodiac Goal Line. So far the Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month or the next update after the 29th. Following this pattern, it seems as May 31 would be the start of the Gemini Goal Line. Since Gemini is an air element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Electric hybrid unless S8 decides to use elements with Zodiac other than the four already used.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. I am wondering if the next Breeding Trio will have something to do with the new Rainbow element that is being introduced with the final prize of the World Event. If so, we probably won’t see a new Breeding Trio until the World Event ends. I am going to stop projecting the Breeding Trio until we can establish a new pattern.

Since the Storybook Adventures have started (08/18/2015), we have had one begin every month except November of 2015. I think that the MAY 17 update is the best time for a new Storybook Adventure, so that is my projection.

Most Spin to Wins start on a Tuesday update. Since we can have 4 icons now and if return to having one every 3 weeks, one could start with the MAY 17 update but I think the MAY 24 update makes more sense at this time.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in May since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. Hopefully, we will see one this month so we can test out the new Rainbow element

MAY 3 Field of Flowers World Event
MAY 6: 18 round tournament Taurus Goal Line ends
MAY 10: 30 round tournament
MAY 13:
MAY 17: Storybook Adventure
MAY 20: Field of Flowers World Event ends
MAY 24: Spin to Win
MAY 27: 18 round tournament
MAY 31: Gemini Goal Line

I'll copy this information to Post # 2 for easy access.

ninasidstorm8
05-06-16, 11:46 AM
Something different for today's update. A four day value pack with the Peony Pony. The Peony Pony is a Spring element animal but I don't see the habitat for it in the Shop. Hopefully, it's an oversight.

Start of an 18-round tournament as expected and it turns out the Mama Bear is a new Rare Dark/Water animal to breed.

EDIT: You no longer need a special habitat for the Peony Pony since the Game Designers have decided to change all the special single element animals to add a second element.

GanleeKalinae
05-06-16, 11:52 AM
Something different for today's update. A four day value pack with the Peony Pony. The Peony Pony is a Spring element animal but I don't see the habitat for it in the Shop. Hopefully, it's an oversight.

Start of an 18-round tournament as expected and it turns out the Mama Bear is a new Rare Dark/Water animal to breed.

Just nabbed myself the Peony Pony pack and it is now a Spring/Nature dual type. Also thanks for all your insights and future predications they really help us all out :D

ninasidstorm8
05-06-16, 11:56 AM
Just nabbed myself the Peony Pony pack and it is now a Spring/Nature dual type. Also thanks for all your insights and future predications they really help us all out :D

It looks like all the unique element type animals have been changed so that they include another element now. I cannot believe that the Game Designers have decided to modify animals that we have already in our forest after the fact.

calvinxx
05-06-16, 12:02 PM
Just noticed they changed the types on many animals!

Peony Pony: Spring/Nature
Tulip Tapir: Spring/Earth
Snapdragon: Spring/Fire
Dandelion: Spring/Nature

Harvest Hoarder: Autumn/Earth
Autumn Equifox: Autumn/Nature
Barn Owl: Autumn/Fire
Hibearnate: Autumn/Nature

Vanillamb: IceCream/Earth
Neapolitiger: IceCream/Nature
Chocolate Lab: IceCream/Earth
Strawbeary: IceCream/Fire

Lucky Rabbit: Shamrock/Nature
Leopardchaun: Shamrock/Earth
Hamrock: Shamrock/Earth
Harpy: Shamrock/Fire

Bastet: Egypt/Earth
Anubis: Egypt/Earth
Sobek: Egypt/Nature
Ra: Egypt/Fire

Matripony: Valentine/Nature

Caturn: Space/Fire

Saintly Bernard: Service/Nature

Melodeer: Music/Nature

I don't know why they would do this other than to be able to sell us back the animals in Value Packs without needing to adapt for the special habitat needs. I am not very happy at all that they would do this especially to the beloved trio animals we all worked so hard for to get that third single element animal. This will also affect all the typing for the tournaments and battlegrounds as well :(

Silverrain1
05-06-16, 12:03 PM
It looks like all the unique element type animals have been changed so that they include another element now. I cannot believe that the Game Designers have decided to modify animals that we have already in our forest after the fact.

What! Our ones to! I thought people has just meant the ones now available in value packs due to not having the habitats available any more. I wonder why that has happened. Well I guess I can now move my matripony out of that habitat it has all to itself, although, I did like that one

ninasidstorm8
05-06-16, 12:11 PM

I don't know why they would do this other than to be able to sell us back the animals in Value Packs without needing to adapt for the special habitat needs. I am not very happy at all that they would do this especially to the beloved trio animals we all worked so hard for to get that third single element animal. This will also affect all the typing for the tournaments and battlegrounds as well :(

I am not very happy with this at all. It messes up a lot of my record keeping. It took a lot of planning and I spent quite a few gems on occasions to obtain the single element animals and I do not like the idea of them being changed after the fact. If there is going to be such a big change in the game, I think we as players at least deserve some type of announcement and explanation of the change.

HappyHeartBakery
05-06-16, 01:10 PM
I am not very happy with this at all. It messes up a lot of my record keeping. It took a lot of planning and I spent quite a few gems on occasions to obtain the single element animals and I do not like the idea of them being changed after the fact. If there is going to be such a big change in the game, I think we as players at least deserve some type of announcement and explanation of the change.

Agreed! I spent $ on some of these animals ONLY because they were a special single element animal that made them 'worth' their cost to me. The only element I don't have now is the spring element. I currently have the value pack with the peony pony in it. Not sure if its worth the actual out of pocket cost now???

55lee55
05-06-16, 02:07 PM

I have them all except I never had room to place the Egypt habitat and maybe one or two other habitats, so fortunately four or so are still in my storage or I took them out recently when the expansions came and we were told there would be others. But, nearly every other one I had raised to Epic, for the specific purpose of fighting. This is anout 20 of my best Epic fighters, that have just been downgraded to the equal of my second best Epic Fighters. No explanation, or heads up from S8. Nothing in return. No expansions, and I am out of places to expand so Tournament and Event animals go directly into storage. No extra room in habitats for animals.

Nothing in return for gelding 20 of my very best Fighters. If they had a good reason for this, which they aren't saying yet, why not grandfather this in for those of us who already have these in our forest? Some of us have a significant investment in time and money both by raising them to Epic and determining their strengths, which were significantly higher in force than two element mixes, and in testing the single elements to determine strengths and weaknesses. Yes, S8 has lowered single animals strengths in the past, but this is the first mass gelding we have seen. I don't know how many hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars I have spent on these Epic fighters alone.

I don't know what to think about this. I feel invaded somehow, like a crime victim (not accusing anyone of a crime, understand, just explaining how I feel), who just had their pocket picked outside of the store, looks at the receipt to find out there are no returns or exchanges for any reason, and you notice were charged the full price instead of the sales price advertised but all sales are final, then you find someone kicked your car in the parking lot about 20 times, but your insurance dropped coverage for parking lot vandalism.

Am I the only one waiting for the next depredation to hit our forest, with no explanation? Who knows, this theoretically could be a part of a well engineered and tastefully executed major facelift that will magically make our forests great again. Sorry, until I see evidence, I don't believe this one either.

I feel like my trust in these games has been irrevocably diluted, just like my fighters.

JeffW60
05-08-16, 06:32 PM
It is obviously becoming increasingly harder to predict what we might get from one update to the next. Tuesday, I would think, will be fairly quiet with a world event going on and a tournament just ending. A limited animal possibly but not much else I wouldn't think. It would be a good time for a new battleground however.

ninasidstorm8
05-08-16, 07:14 PM
It is obviously becoming increasingly harder to predict what we might get from one update to the next. Tuesday, I would think, will be fairly quiet with a world event going on and a tournament just ending. A limited animal possibly but not much else I wouldn't think. It would be a good time for a new battleground however.

I think there is a good chance that a new 30-round tournament will start with the MAY 10 update. It would be a week early but it would allow the tournament to begin and end within the time frame of the World Event. If we wait until the standard MAY 17 date for the tournament, the tournament will not end before the MAY 20 end date of the World Event. This means the tournament would not give Watering Cans for the World Event causing some confusion for players that don't understand how this works. It also allows a new Storybook Adventure to start with the May 17 update without causing any icon issues. I am still convinced that two icon spots will eventually be taken by Value Packs, one expiring on Tuesdays and one expiring on Friday's.

ninasidstorm8
05-09-16, 09:57 AM
The MAY 6 update started the Honey Badger 18-round tournament as expected. Since we are currently in a 17-day event, it makes me think the tournament schedule will be affected. I think that in order to keep the start and end of the next 30-round tournament within the bounds of the World Event, the next 30-round tournament will be moved up a week to start with the May 10 update. If not, then I think it will be moved back a week which would open up the possibility of a new Storybook Event starting with the May 10 update. I plant to be prepared for both possibilities.

Gemini runs between May 21 and June 21 so it should be the next Zodiac Goal Line. So far the Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month or the next update after the 29th. Following this pattern, it seems as May 31 would be the start of the Gemini Goal Line. Since Gemini is an air element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Electric hybrid unless S8 decides to use elements with Zodiac other than the four already used.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. I am wondering if the next Breeding Trio will have something to do with the new Rainbow element that is being introduced with the final prize of the World Event. If so, we probably won’t see a new Breeding Trio until the World Event ends. I am going to stop projecting the Breeding Trio until we can establish a new pattern.

Since the Storybook Adventures have started (08/18/2015), we have had one begin every month except November of 2015. I think that the MAY 17 update is the best time for a new Storybook Adventure, so that is my projection. That assumes the next 30-round tournament starts MAY 10. If it doesn’t, then a new Storybook may start MAY 10 instead.

Most Spin to Wins start on a Tuesday update. Since we can have 4 icons now and if we return to having one every 3 weeks, one could start with the MAY 17 update but I think the MAY 24 update makes more sense at this time.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in May since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. Hopefully, we will see one this month so we can test out the new Rainbow element

APR 26: 30-round tournament, Spin to Win - Arcrane
MAY 6: 1 Honey Badger 18-round tournament Taurus Goal Line ends
MAY 10: 30-round tournament
MAY 13:
MAY 27: 18-round tournament

JeffW60
05-09-16, 03:13 PM
The MAY 6 update started the Honey Badger 18-round tournament as expected. Since we are currently in a 17-day event, it makes me think the tournament schedule will be affected. I think that in order to keep the start and end of the next 30-round tournament within the bounds of the World Event, the next 30-round tournament will be moved up a week to start with the May 10 update. If not, then I think it will be moved back a week which would open up the possibility of a new Storybook Event starting with the May 10 update. I plant to be prepared for both possibilities.

Since the Storybook Adventures have started (08/18/2015), we have had one begin every month except November of 2015. I think that the MAY 17 update is the best time for a new Storybook Adventure, so that is my projection. That assumes the next 30-round tournament starts MAY 10. If it doesn’t, then a new Storybook may start MAY 10 instead.

Most Spin to Wins start on a Tuesday update. Since we can have 4 icons now and if we return to having one every 3 weeks, one could start with the MAY 17 update but I think the MAY 24 update makes more sense at this time.

MAY 10: 30-round tournament
MAY 13:

Do world events and storybooks typically run concurrently? The reason I ask is, storybooks usually have an act where you collect items through harvesting. How would that work with the collection of water cans?

ninasidstorm8
05-09-16, 07:17 PM
No, Storybook Events and World Events have run in separate time frames so far. Collecting more than one thing during harvesting should not be an issue. Many Goal Line animals have required harvesting at the same time as a World Event. A Storybook typically starts 0-4 days after the end of a World Event ends. Once it was 10 days and one time there were two Storybooks without an intervening World Event.

I have been trying to anticipate a schedule that would break the pattern for the last few months and an overlap between the two events seems like the easiest method now that an World Event is underway. Following past patterns, the most likely date for the next Storybook Adventure is May 20, since it is a Friday as well as the day the World Event ends.

55lee55
05-10-16, 10:03 AM
Does anyone have an idea about when we will get more expansions? Once again, I am facing selling animals and I can't place the next habitat to go on sale because there is no wiggle room once the forest is full. You can sell the evolution flower once, but then what? I have replaced most of my three animal habitats with 4 animal habitats, but even with the last expansions my forest is crowded again already.

S8, can you give us a hint as to when we can expect this to be resolved? I am sure others must be closer to being unable to play than I am, but it is still very uncomfortable and detracts from the fun of the game. Strategy is one thing, but eventually it fails when there are no more options. I am really hoping for a fix for the main issues

Silverrain1
05-10-16, 10:39 AM
I only have about 3 spaces left to expand to which is worrying me a bit to. I don't want to have to stop playing as I really like this game but can't play if there's no space. I have a few spaces open that have decorations in it just now but can't see them lasting much longer!

chickenladyx14
05-10-16, 10:51 AM
Being the obsessive compulsive person that I am (not to mention a perfectionist too), I did a thorough forest Spring housecleaning. I sold off the animals I really didn't care for and quite a few of the flying examples.
I admit that it was an extreme measure but I like a calm orderly forest. :D

Silverrain1
05-10-16, 11:23 AM
Being the obsessive compulsive person that I am (not to mention a perfectionist too), I did a thorough forest Spring housecleaning. I sold off the animals I really didn't care for and quite a few of the flying examples.

Eek, I really want one of each, do not want to sell any unique animal!

55lee55
05-10-16, 11:45 AM

That is a great idea for those who came later to the game and are looking for aesthetics. I congratulate you on being so orderly.

However, some of us have been playing since the game started and we have a lot of time and gems invested in our forest, have most if not all animals ever released, don't want to sell any of our unique or treasure animals and there is no more room, again. It seems unfair to require those folks to sell epic animals because this situation was not forseen or planned for and taken care of before it occurred. S8 provided a short respite with the combination of the last expansions and doubling up on animals in treasure habits. It has been very helpful to slow the release of new animals, both to allow those of us at the leading edge to expand again without too much pressure, and it is giving those who joined the game later a chance to get some really awesome animals.

That being said, the interim help they have given us is mostly if not totally used up now. I really hope we see a fix for this issue soon.

Drachenia
05-10-16, 12:01 PM
Can please someone open a topic with the new Electrical / dark animal. thank you very much

ninasidstorm8
05-12-16, 08:28 PM
The MAY 10 update was quiet. The S8 blog indicates that a Battle related animal will be released with the MAY 13 update named the Flare Hare. I hope it will be for a new Battleground but it is more likely for the second 18-round tournament on consecutive Fridays. There is a small chance that the Flare Hare could be the prize for a 30-round tournament but only one time in the past has a 30-round tournament started on a Friday. It’s more likely that the next 30-round tournament will be delayed a week instead.

Since the Storybook Adventures have started (08/18/2015), we have had one begin every month except November of 2015. Of the 8 Storybook Events, once we had no intervening World Event and once the Storybook started 10 days after a World Event ended. The remaining 6 started within 4 days after the World Event ended. U think the next Storybook will start MAY 20, since that is the day the World Event ends. It would also allow it to finish before the next Zodiac Goal Line starts.

We should get a new Battleground sometime in May since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. Hopefully, we will see one this month so we can test out the new Rainbow element

MAY 10:
MAY 13: 18-round tournament
MAY 17:
MAY 20: Storybook Adventure, Field of Flowers World Event ends
MAY 24: 30-round tournament, Spin to Win
MAY 27:

I'll copy this information to Post # 2 for easy reference

ninasidstorm8
05-13-16, 11:46 AM
Looks like S8 decided to go with a 30-round tournament to win the Flare Hare.

GanleeKalinae
05-13-16, 12:00 PM
At least a 30 round tournament should help get us closer to the next two community prizes as I think we are a bit behind by my calculations.

littelprincess0313
05-14-16, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have an idea about when we will get more expansions? Once again, I am facing selling animals and I can't place the next habitat to go on sale because there is no wiggle room once the forest is full. You can sell the evolution flower once, but then what? I have replaced most of my three animal habitats with 4 animal habitats, but even with the last expansions my forest is crowded again already.

S8, can you give us a hint as to when we can expect this to be resolved? I am sure others must be closer to being unable to play than I am, but it is still very uncomfortable and detracts from the fun of the game. Strategy is one thing, but eventually it fails when there are no more options. I am really hoping for a fix for the main issues

Hey same question... I only have 7 expantion left (i know a lot of people would be lucky for that but im getting worried now)
Does anybody know when we get the next expantion update?

ninasidstorm8
05-16-16, 08:44 AM
The MAY 13 update gave us a tournament with the Flare Hare as a prize. However, for the second time since the start of FFS, a 30-round tournament started on a Friday. I am not sure how this is going to affect the tournament schedule but my current thinking is that we will return to the normal schedule with a 30-round tournament on MAY 24. A new 4-day Value Pack was also released. With 4 icons available, I still think we will eventually move to 2 Value Packs with new ones starting with each release that last a week.

Since the Storybook Adventures have started (08/18/2015), we have had one begin every month except November of 2015. Of the 8 Storybook Events, once we had no intervening World Event and once the Storybook started 10 days after a World Event ended. The remaining 6 started within 4 days after the World Event ended. I think the next Storybook will start MAY 20, since that is the day the World Event ends. It would also allow it to finish before the next Zodiac Goal Line starts. Only 2 of the 8 Storybook Adventures have started on Tuesday but it wouldn’t hurt to be ready for one to start with the next update.

Most Spin to Wins start on a Tuesday. Since we can have 4 icons now and if we return to having a Spin to Win every 3 weeks, I think one may start with the MAY 17 update but I think there is just as much chance it will start with the MAY 24 update. I am currently projecting the Spin to Win to start with the MAY 17 update, since I don’t expect anything else to happen with that update.

We should get a new Battleground sometime in May since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are a bit overdue for one. Hopefully, we will see one this month so we can test out the new Rainbow element

MAY 10:
MAY 13: Flare Hare 30-round tournament
MAY 17: Spin to Win
MAY 24: 30-round tournament
MAY 27:

JeffW60
05-16-16, 03:15 PM
I'm thinking tomorrow's update won't be that substantial. The world event and the tournament will still be going on so I expect t a somewhat quiet update. I do expect a Storybook to start Friday since both events going on now will end. I am currently in a food drive to raise all my gem hybrids to epic. I currently have about 300k in food but with a Storybook looming I believe I will wait until after the Storybook ends before I begin raising my hybrids to far.

Sandybellee
05-17-16, 06:47 AM
Curious to see what today's update brings. Hopefully nothing limited to breed for since I'm still breeding dark and water to get a super rare - any one of them - but keep getting everything else. :p Hopefully it's nothing time consuming either because I won't have much time to play in the coming weeks.

megsailor
05-17-16, 11:35 AM
looks like two new animals: the Sapybara and Skyena. Is the Skyena a re-release?

natxjkkggg
05-17-16, 11:43 AM
Sapybara is not a new one,but Skyena I did not found in the past.

ninasidstorm8
05-17-16, 12:23 PM
The Sapybara is a recycled animal that was originally released 6/12/2015. The Skyena is a new animal.

natxjkkggg
05-17-16, 12:30 PM
That's all for today???

Sandybellee
05-17-16, 12:45 PM
Yay! Great relaxed update! Love the new Skyena and want to try for Sapybara. But I need that dark-water super rare first!

chickenladyx14
05-17-16, 01:11 PM
I am staying away from the flying animals for now. Too much movement for my forest 'cause I bog down.

chickenladyx14
05-19-16, 06:32 AM
When I get a pop-up for a game update, is it really necessary or important to update? I got the pop-up yesterday but ignored it as I didn't want to interrupt what I was doing in my game. TYVM

ninasidstorm8
05-19-16, 09:11 AM
I have updated Post #2 with my latest projections. I moved the Spin to Win to the MAY 24 update, otherwise, my projections are the same as earlier in the week. I expect that a new Storybook Adventure will start with the MAY 20 update tomorrow. Hopefully everyone has built up their food supply.

calvinxx
05-19-16, 11:46 PM
I'm really hoping for a new battleground rather than a storybook

littelprincess0313
05-20-16, 04:05 AM
I'm really hoping for a new battleground rather than a storybook

Expantions please!!!

JeffW60
05-20-16, 05:08 AM
I have updated Post #2 with my latest projections. I moved the Spin to Win to the MAY 24 update, otherwise, my projections are the same as earlier in the week. I expect that a new Storybook Adventure will start with the MAY 20 update tomorrow. Hopefully everyone has built up their food supply.

I expect a storybook today as well. I have about 235k in food as I'm saving for gem hybrid evolutions, so I'm ok there.

Cdnfroglover
05-20-16, 06:27 AM
I'm thinking it will be a storybook too... but I hope not because my food storage is pretty much empty! Been working to evolve several super rares and my CU!! A spin to win would be nice!

ninasidstorm8
05-20-16, 11:30 AM
Looks like a new Storybook as expected. Good Luck everyone.

kooky panda
05-20-16, 11:52 AM
-Beauty-Within-Storybook-!-May-20-2016 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91709-Beauty-Within-Storybook-!-May-20-2016)

Clark_Wayne
05-20-16, 12:16 PM
I expect a storybook today as well. I have about 235k in food as I'm saving for gem hybrid evolutions, so I'm ok there.

only 221K ;) so i'm ready for the storybook too :)

JeffW60
05-20-16, 04:48 PM
I'm guessing now that the Gemini goal line will start at the earliest with the May 27 update which will be next Friday, or possibly the following Tuesday, May 31.

We are way overdue for an app update. The last one was Feb 18. Unless I'm wrong, this is the longest we have ever gone between app updates, so I'm hoping that something fairly significant is in the works for the next one.

ninasidstorm8
05-23-16, 10:37 AM
The Beauty Within Storybook Adventure started with the MAY 20 update. I am not sure how the 2 consecutive 30-round tournaments are going to affect the tournament schedule but my current thinking is that we will return to the normal schedule with a 30-round tournament on MAY 24. A new 4-day Value Pack was also released. It seems that the new pattern with Value Packs are to release a new one every update that runs until the next update.

Most Spin to Wins start on a Tuesday. It seems as though the MAY 24 update would be a good time for the next one. We should get a new Battleground sometime in May since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are a bit overdue for one. Hopefully, we will see one this month so we can test out the new Rainbow element

MAY 6: Honey Badger 18-round tournament Taurus Goal Line ends
MAY 10:
MAY 17:
MAY 24: 30-round tournament Spin to Win
MAY 27:

JeffW60
05-23-16, 04:53 PM
The Beauty Within Storybook Adventure started with the MAY 20 update. I am not sure how the 2 consecutive 30-round tournaments are going to affect the tournament schedule but my current thinking is that we will return to the normal schedule with a 30-round tournament on MAY 24. A new 4-day Value Pack was also released. It seems that the new pattern with Value Packs are to release a new one every update that runs until the next update.

Most Spin to Wins start on a Tuesday. It seems as though the MAY 24 update would be a good time for the next one. We should get a new Battleground sometime in May since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are a bit overdue for one. Hopefully, we will see one this month so we can test out the new Rainbow element

MAY 10:
MAY 17:
MAY 24: 30-round tournament Spin to Win
MAY 27:

Thanks Nina. Your projections pretty much mirror what I was thinking.

ninasidstorm8
05-24-16, 11:37 AM
Looks like a Spin to Win but no tournament. Also another 3-day Value Pack with a Slippopotamus.

ninasidstorm8
05-26-16, 09:49 AM
The tenth Spin to Win started with the MAY 24 update. Since there is a Storybook Adventure in progress, that would be it for special events until the Spin to Win ends if we were still restricted to 3 icons. Although I haven’t personally seen 4 icons in FFS, there must have been 4 for those players that started the last Storybook Adventure late, therefore, I assume we can have 4 icons.

I thought we may get a new 30-round tournament on MAY 24 to reestablish the tournament schedule but that didn’t happen, so I now believe that a new 18-round tournament will start with the MAY 27 update to get us back on schedule. A new Value Pack would make 4 icons.

If we follow the pattern of the last 3 months, we will see a new World Event the first week of June, so I am projecting one will start on June 3. We should get a new Battleground sometime in May since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are a bit overdue for one. Hopefully, we will see one this month so we can test out the new Rainbow element but there are only two updates left for May. It appears that the Breeding Trio feature has been put into hibernation for now since we haven’t seen one since February.

MAY 10:
MAY 17:
JUN 3: World Event
JUN 7: 30-round tournament
JUN 10:

Silverrain1
05-26-16, 10:49 PM
Hi Nina. Just a heads up, I started the story book on the last day and don't recall seeing 4 icons at any point. Not sure if that's just me though

Sandybellee
05-27-16, 03:52 AM
Forgot to plant rune prunes yesterday so hopefully the Gemini goal line doesn't start yet. I doubt I have time for a tourney though... Very busy atm. :p

ninasidstorm8
05-27-16, 11:38 AM
Still no tournament. Looks like the Pigmy is available for a week in the store and the Cursed Rose is available for breeding. The new Value Pack contains the Unicorgi and is available for 4 days.

For all those in the U.S., I wish you an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

JeffW60
05-27-16, 04:08 PM
Still no tournament. Looks like the Pigmy is available for a week in the store and the Cursed Rose is available for breeding. The new Value Pack contains the Unicorgi and is available for 4 days.

For all those in the U.S., I wish you an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

I'm a bit surprised at there being no tournament today. I had a feeling that the Gemini goal line would come Tuesday but I'm not sure where this puts us with regards to a tournament. Do you expect both the Gemini goal line and a tournament Tuesday?

Are you in the U S Nina? If so, happy Memorial Day.

ninasidstorm8
05-27-16, 06:05 PM
Yes I expect both a 30-round tournament and the Gemini goal line to start with the Tuesday update. They really don't have anything to do with each other so there won't be a clash. Yes, I am in the U.S, thanks.

ninasidstorm8
05-30-16, 07:20 PM
I have updated Post #2 with my latest speculations about future updates. I expect both a 30-round tournament to begin with the MAY 31 update as well as the start of the Gemini Zodiac Goal Line.

JeffW60
05-30-16, 07:24 PM
I have updated Post #2 with my latest speculations about future updates. I expect both a 30-round tournament to begin with the MAY 31 update as well as the start of the Gemini Zodiac Goal Line.

You think it possible we possibly might get the Gemini goal line tomorrow and the 30 round tournament Friday?

ninasidstorm8
05-30-16, 07:54 PM
You think it possible we possibly might get the Gemini goal line tomorrow and the 30 round tournament Friday?

It is possible, but I hope that if the tournament is Friday instead of tomorrow that it would be an 18-round tournament. I liked it when the tournament schedule was rarely changed. Every 3 weeks on Tuesday a 30-round tournament followed by an 18-round tournament 10 days later.

If we follow the past Zodiac Goal Line pattern, we will start off with a Breeding Step rather than a Harvesting Step. I plan to have an empty Breeding Den at update time but my Onyx Direwolf has a little over 29 hours left, so if there is hatching involved, I may be stalled for a while. I also plan to have some 5-hour crops ready to harvest for the update.

natxjkkggg
05-31-16, 06:11 AM
Thanks ninasidstorm8 for remembering us to plant 5 hour crops. My den will also be waiting at 8.30 pm empty!!

JeffW60
05-31-16, 08:53 AM
I am ready for today's update. I've got nexus nuts that will be ready right at update time and I have an empty nest and breeding den. Bring it on.

megsailor
05-31-16, 11:33 AM
Gemini Goal line and a tournament today. Also Celestial East back on sale.

Sandybellee
05-31-16, 11:37 AM
Very surprised to see a repeat tournament! But glad I can skip it now. The Gemini are super cute!!! :)

MelodicStars
05-31-16, 11:38 AM
It seems we need to breed an ember bear for the goal line..

Silverrain1
05-31-16, 11:59 AM
Glad for a repeat tournament. I didn't get that one before and hope they do more repeats

ninasidstorm8
06-02-16, 09:57 AM
The MAY 31 update was quite a surprise. I expected a tournament but not an 18-round tournament that is a rerun of a previous tournament. This throws the tournament schedule into question. We also started the Gemini Goal Line as expected.

I looked back to verify that we must have had four icons before and from APR 26 to APR 29 we had the following events active at the same time: 1) Extra Days of Dust to Destiny Storybook Adventure, 2) Snappy Turtle 30-round tournament, 3) Arcrane Spin to Win, and 4) a Value Pack. Since I had completed the Storybook on time, I never actually saw 4 icons but I assume the game must support them. That has been the only time so far so I will stick with the 3 icon rule for now.

If we follow the pattern of the last 3 months, we will see a new World Event the first week of June, so I am projecting one will start on June 3. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature as well as the Breeding Trio feature has been put into hibernation for now since we haven’t seen a Breeding Trio since February.

MAY 27:
MAY 31: 18-round tournament, Gemini Goal Line
JUN 3: World Event, Storybook Ends
JUN 10:
JUN 14:
JUN 17: 18-round tournament, Spin to Win
JUN 21: Storybook Adventure
JUN 24:
JUN 28: 30-round tournament

ninasidstorm8
06-02-16, 03:08 PM
In case there is a World Event starting tomorrow, planting some 20 hour crops in preparation wouldn't hurt. Tomorrow's update should be in about 20 hours and 20 minutes from this post.

ninasidstorm8
06-02-16, 03:34 PM
No update to the S8 blog this week yet. Usually we get a preview of the Friday animal on Tuesday. Must be a short week in California due to the Memorial Day holiday or there is nothing new to announce.

kooky panda
06-02-16, 03:39 PM
No update to the S8 blog this week yet. Usually we get a preview of the Friday animal on Tuesday. Must be a short week in California due to the Memorial Day holiday or there is nothing new to announce.

Sorry, but due to the US Holiday on Monday, the team is playing catch up so there were no teasers released this week. :(

Drachenia
06-02-16, 04:03 PM
Sorry, but due to the US Holiday on Monday, the team is playing catch up so there were no teasers released this week. :(

Kooky you're the best , play catch the team . Thanks for your answer :D

natxjkkggg
06-03-16, 11:39 AM
The estimated new world Event is real.

kooky panda
06-03-16, 01:16 PM
New event!

Rain Forest World Event (14 Days) - June 3, 2016 (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?92006-Rain-Forest-World-Event-(14-Days)-June-3-2016)

ninasidstorm8
06-06-16, 10:37 AM
The June 3 update went as expected with the start of the 14-day Rain Forest World Event. The Value Pack contains a Robber Raccoon for Higher level players and only lasts 4 days, following the recent pattern of a new Value Pack with every release.

There are two options for a tournament to begin and end during the World Event if we return to a normal tournament schedule. A 30-round tournament from JUN 7 to JUN 12, or an 18-round tournament from JUN 10 to JUN 12. I think a 30-round tournament starting with the JUN 7 update is the most likely option.

The last couple of months, a new Storybook Adventure has started the day the World Event ended. However, those were 17-day World Events. Since the Rain Forest is a 14-day event, I think the Storybook Adventure will begin Jun 21. If we stick with the 3 icon rule, then we can get a Spin to Win with the Jun 17 or 21 update. I hope for a 10 day event starting JUN 17 but suspect that we will get a 7-day Spin to Win on JUN 21 since the majority if Spin to Win events start on a Tuesday.

The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature as well as the Breeding Trio feature has been put into hibernation for now since we haven’t seen a Breeding Trio since February.

JUN 3: Rain Forest World Event, Storybook Ends
JUN 10:
JUN 14:
JUN 17: 18-round tournament, World Event Ends
JUN 21: Storybook Adventure, Spin to Win
JUN 24:

I'll Copy this information to Post #2 for easier reverence.

natxjkkggg
06-09-16, 03:19 AM
Hello ninasidstorm8,
What do You expect today evening? I think a Spin to win, because the other events are going on and make us very busy!!

ogreve
06-09-16, 05:16 AM
Hmmm, is it just me or do we nowadays pretty much get a continuous chain of back-to-back Storybooks and World Events?
It sure seems as if the frequency with which we used to get those used to be much lower. It's devastating for the food production process...
Anyway. Here we are then, in yet another World Event... Due to it coinciding with a tournament, I'm running on Charm Cherries, but as food requirements for the world event have recently gone up significantly, that conflicts with wanting to grow slow food...

ninasidstorm8
06-09-16, 08:07 AM
Hello ninasidstorm8,
What do You expect today evening? I think a Spin to win, because the other events are going on and make us very busy!!

I am expecting the release of the second animal of the Trio and nothing else. After all we have a World Event, Breeding Trio and a tournament all going on right now. It looks like the 3 icon rule is still in place with the one two-day exception at the end of April. If it is still in place, we have 3 icons right now, so there will not be a Spin to Win. I don't expect the Spin to Win to occur until the JUN 21 update.

ninasidstorm8
06-09-16, 09:44 AM
The June 7 update saw the return of the Breeding Trio. The first goal to breed the Cuckoonut only last two weeks but I assume we will have 3 weeks total to breed the Trio since that is how the previous Trios worked. The other parts of the Trios will be released in the next two updates. The Value Pack contains a Grumpy Gorilla for Higher level players and only lasts 3 days, following the recent pattern of a new Value Pack with every release.

The update also included a new 30-round tournament with the Monarchy as the prize. Hopefully, this is a return to the normal tournament schedule of a 30-round tournament starting every 3 weeks on Tuesday followed by an 18-round tournament starting on a Friday 10 days later.

The last couple of months, a new Storybook Adventure started the day the World Event ended. However, those were 17-day World Events. Since the Rain Forest is a 14-day event, I think the Storybook Adventure will begin Jun 21. If we stick with the 3 icon rule, then we can get a Spin to Win with the Jun 17 or 21 update. I hope for a 10 day event starting JUN 17 but suspect that we will get a 7-day Spin to Win on JUN 21 since the majority if Spin to Win events start on a Tuesday.

The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has ben resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUN 7: 30-round tournament, Fruit Breeding Trio- Cuckoonut
JUN 10: Fruit Breeding Trio- 2ND animal
JUN 14: Fruit Breeding Trio- 3RD animal
JUN 24:

Silverrain1
06-09-16, 11:40 AM
Oh no. I was all mixed up with days and have been waiting for the update to come through. Haha, wondered what was going on. Means I have been planing pears for the past 30 mins instead of risking my farms being tied up when the update would come through

ninasidstorm8
06-13-16, 09:48 AM
The June 10 update saw the release of the Papayak, the second animal of the Fruit Breeding Trio. The first goal to breed the Cuckoonut only lasts two weeks but I assume we will have 3 weeks total to breed the Trio since that is how the previous Trios worked. The last of the Trio will be released in the update. The Value Pack contains an Electric Elk for Higher level players and only lasts 4 days, following the recent pattern of a new Value Pack with every release.

The last couple of months, a new Storybook Adventure started the day the World Event ended. However, those were 17-day World Events. Since the Rain Forest is a 14-day event, I think the Storybook Adventure will begin Jun 21. If we stick with the 3 icon rule, then we can get a Spin to Win with the Jun 17 or 21 update. I hope for a 10 day event starting JUN 17 but suspect that we will get a 7-day Spin to Win on JUN 21 since the majority of Spin to Win events start on a Tuesday.

Cancer runs between Jun 21 and July 22 so it should be the next Zodiac Goal Line. So far the Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month or the next update after the 29th. Following this pattern, it seems as July 1 would be the start of the Cancer Goal Line. Since Cancer is a Water element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Water hybrid, similar to Pisces. I plan to be ready for the Cancer Goal line starting JUN 28 in case it starts a little early.

The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUN 10: Fruit Breeding Trio- Papayak
JUN 24:
JUL 1: Cancer Goal Line

Sandybellee
06-14-16, 11:42 AM
Yikes! We have only one week to breed the Porkupineapple! And so many possible fails! Edit: There are 36 possible fails!

chickenladyx14
06-14-16, 12:02 PM
It's so cute!!!!!! Good luck to all :)

ninasidstorm8
06-16-16, 08:18 AM
The June 14 update saw the release of the Porcupineapple, the third animal of the Fruit Breeding Trio. The goals indicate we will only have two weeks total to breed the Trio rather than the 3 weeks total to for the previous Trios. Papa Penguin was released as well. The Value Pack contains a Typhoon Tiger for Higher level players.

The last couple of months, a new Storybook Adventure started the day the World Event ended. However, those were 17-day World Events. Since the Rain Forest is a 14-day event, I think the Storybook Adventure will begin Jun 21. However, it might be a good idea to be prepared for the Storybook to start on JUN 21. If we stick with the 3 icon rule, then we can get a Spin to Win with the Jun 17 or 21 update. I hope for a 10 day event starting JUN 17 but suspect that we will get a 7-day Spin to Win on JUN 21 since the majority of Spin to Win events start on a Tuesday.

Cancer runs between Jun 21 and July 22 so it should be the next Zodiac Goal Line. So far the Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month or the next update after the 29th. Following this pattern, it seems as July 1 would be the start of the Cancer Goal Line. Since Cancer is a Water element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Water hybrid, similar to Pisces. I plan to be ready for the Cancer Goal line starting JUN 28 in case it starts a little early.

The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUN 10: Fruit Breeding Trio- Papayak
JUN 24:
JUL 1: Cancer Goal Line

ogreve
06-17-16, 12:44 PM
Well, I see the trend continues: back to back interchanging storybooks and world events.
I guess we'll have to get used to this new way of playing FFS...

ninasidstorm8
06-20-16, 10:34 AM
The JUN 17 update gave us a new twist on the Storybook Adventure when the Rise of a Hero Storybook started along with the start of a 48-round 14-day Battle Arena Tournament. The Value Pack contains a Saintly Bernard for Higher level players.

This twist really shakes up the tournament schedule. If we assume the next 30-round tournament starts the Tuesday after the end of the current tournament, it will start on the JUL 5 update. I think it?s more likely that the next one will be an 18-round tournament starting JUL 8 but either way we will not see another tournament this month.

If we stick with the 3 icon rule, then the next Spin to Win with cannot start until after the end of the Storybook Adventure and Tournament. The first available day would be the JUL 1 update.

Cancer runs between June 21 and July 22 so it should be the next Zodiac Goal Line. So far the Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month or the next update after the 29th. Following this pattern, it seems as July 1 would be the start of the Cancer Goal Line, however, I think the Cancer Goal line will start a little early and begin with the JUN 28 update. Since Cancer is a Water element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Water hybrid, similar to Pisces.

JUN 10: Fruit Breeding Trio - Papayak
JUN 17: 48-round tournament, Rise of a Hero Storybook Adventure, World Event Ends
JUN 21:
JUN 24:
JUN 28: Cancer Goal Line
JUL 1: Spin to Win, 48-round tournament ends, Rise of a Hero Storybook Adventure ends

I will copy this information to Post #2 for easy access.

ninasidstorm8
06-23-16, 08:32 AM
The JUN 21 update gave us the Summer Equifox to make a set of 3. We still haven’t seen a Spring Equifox. The Value Pack contains a Craguar as well as the Watering Hole habitat for higher level players.

The 48-round tournament really shakes up the tournament schedule. If we assume the next 30-round tournament starts the Tuesday after the end of the current tournament, it will start on the JUL 5 update. I think it’s more likely that the next one will be an 18-round tournament starting JUL 8 but either way we will not see another tournament this month.

The next Spin to Win was announced in the S8 blog as starting with the JUN 24 update with Lion Pride (Rainbow/Fire) as the prize. This means that there will be no Value pack or we will see 4 icons. My money is on 4 icons. Since the Spin to Win Event is starting on Friday, I am hoping it will last more than 7 days.

Cancer runs between June 21 and July 22 so it should be the next Zodiac Goal Line. So far the Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month or the next update after the 29th. Following this pattern, it seems as July 1 would be the start of the Cancer Goal Line, however, I think the Cancer Goal line will start a little early and begin with the JUN 28 update. Since Cancer is a Water element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Water hybrid, similar to Pisces.

JUN 17: 48-round tournament, Rise of a Hero Storybook Adventure, World Event Ends
JUN 21:
JUN 24: Spin to Win
JUL 1: 48-round tournament ends, Rise of a Hero Storybook Adventure ends
JUL 5:
JUL 8: 18-round tournament

I will copy this information to Post #2 for easy access.

ninasidstorm8
06-27-16, 08:12 AM
The JUN 24 update gave us the expected Spin to Win (7 day). It is the 11th wheel FFS has had so far and this wheel has undergone a minor overhaul. The Great Danebow makes a return for a week and thanks to S8 for clearly writing on the popup with the timer that the animal is breedable. The Value Pack contains a Magnetic Mouse and the Magnetic Mesa habitat for higher level players.

The 48-round tournament really shakes up the tournament schedule. If we assume the next 30-round tournament starts the Tuesday after the end of the current tournament, it will start on the JUL 5 update. I think it’s more likely that the next one will be an 18-round tournament starting JUL 8 but either way we will not see another tournament this month.

Since February, the starting date for World Events has alternated between the first Friday of the month and the first Tuesday of the month. For July, it is Tuesday’s turn, so I anticipate the World event starting on JUL 5. It could be related to the United States Independence Day (July 4) or some sort of birthday (anniversary) related theme, since we will reach the second anniversary of FFS at the end of July.

JUN 21:
JUN 24: Spin to Win
JUL 1: 48-round tournament ends, Rise of a Hero Storybook Adventure ends
JUL 5: World Event
JUL 8: 18-round tournament

ninasidstorm8
06-28-16, 08:54 AM
I have my 5 hour crops ready to harvest shortly after the update today and I am leaving my Breeding Den open in case the Cancer Goal line starts today. We should see what's up in a couple hours.

Cdnfroglover
06-28-16, 10:02 AM
My five hour crops are ready and my breeding den will be free in 40 minutes. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for this one... Cancer is my sign! 🦀 expecting to see a water sign crab 😉

ninasidstorm8
06-28-16, 11:33 AM
Looks like the Zodiac Goal line will wait until Friday. We are getting a new Gem hybrid instead. There is also a Crystal Unicorn and a Gem Habitat in the new Value Pack. Good Luck everyone.

Cdnfroglover
06-28-16, 01:04 PM
Bummer... oh well, hopefully friday. In the meantime I'm using the time to evolve my Crystal Unicorn to Epic. 🦄

ninasidstorm8
06-30-16, 08:44 PM
Updated Post#2 with latest speculations. We should get a new Zodiac Goal line for Cancer with the JUL 1 update. There is a small chance that a World Event could start as well but I think the JUL 5 update is more likely for the World Event.

ogreve
07-01-16, 02:28 AM
We've been getting several (interchanged) back to back Storybooks and World Events lately. Just in case, on my secondary account I planted Rune Prunes in time. Forgot to do so in time on my primary one, so I waited out a good moment to do second best: Mystic Mangoes.
If a goal line or World Event starts that requires harvesting, I shall at least have an OK starting position.
I'm guessing the Cancer goal line really has to start today, so we'll see what it requires....

SheRa0308
07-01-16, 10:19 PM
Don't know where to post this but would it not be awesome to be able to trade eggs with neighbors? Lol

natxjkkggg
07-02-16, 01:23 AM
You should write it in the suggestions&Feedback Thread like I and many other did it before with the same wishes!

natxjkkggg
07-04-16, 12:15 PM
Hello ninasidstorm8,
What's about the Update tomorrow??

ninasidstorm8
07-04-16, 01:25 PM
The JUL 1 update gave us the expected Cancer Goal Line and the start of the 14-day Firework Forest World Event a little earlier than I expected. The Value Pack contains a Patriotter for higher level players.

The 48-round tournament in June really shakes up the tournament schedule. The next 30-round tournament could start Tuesday which would be the JUL 5 update. The other possibility is the next tournament will be an 18-round tournament starting JUL 8. Since we usually have a 30-round tournament during a World Event, I believe that we will get a 30-round tournament starting with the JUL 5 update that has tokens for the World Event as part of the prize for winning individual rounds.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. If we see a Breeding Trio in July, my best estimate is that it will start on JUL 8. This would minimize the overlap between this breeding Event and the breeding required by the Taurus Goal Line and the next Storybook Adventure. However, it could start as early as the JUL 5 update.

For the last few months the Storybook Adventure has started the day the World Event ends. This indicates that the next Storybook Adventure will begin with the JUL 15 update.

The best time for a Spin to Win to occur is the update following the end of an 18-round tournament. Therefore, the most likely date for the next one is the JUL 24 update.

JUL 1: Cancer Goal Line, Firework Forest World Event
JUL 5: 30-round tournament
JUL 8: Breeding Trio, End Cancer Goal Line
JUL 12:
JUL 15: 18-round tournament, Storybook Adventure, End Firework Forest World Event
JUL 19: Spin to Win

I will copy this information to Post # 2 for easy reference.

ninasidstorm8
07-08-16, 08:17 AM
We should see the new Gold Fish Treasure animal with today's update as announced in the S8 blog. I think there is a possibility that we will also see Breeding Trio starting today if the Trio is returning as a regular event. I think that Breeding Trios have become a rare event. I have updated Poswt #2 with my latest projections.

Sandybellee
07-08-16, 08:53 AM
The Confetti Yeti has slipped through my fingers two or three times before so I'm glad I managed to catch the slippery fellow this time around! Didn't even realize I got him before the egg went on the nest. :)
Looking forward to seeing the specs of the Goldfish although I don't have enough gems to get one now.

ninasidstorm8
07-08-16, 09:14 AM
The Confetti Yeti has slipped through my fingers two or three times before so I'm glad I managed to catch the slippery fellow this time around! Didn't even realize I got him before the egg went on the nest. :)
Looking forward to seeing the specs of the Goldfish although I don't have enough gems to get one now.

Congratulations on the Confetti Yeti. I only managed 3 tries for it this time around and failed again. Of all the animals that have left the Forest, I have made more failed attempts at the Confetti Yeti than any other animal (34). Maybe next time :)

Sandybellee
07-08-16, 10:35 AM
Congratulations on the Confetti Yeti. I only managed 3 tries for it this time around and failed again. Of all the animals that have left the Forest, I have made more failed attempts at the Confetti Yeti than any other animal (34). Maybe next time :)

Thanks! Sorry you missed it again but thankfully there always seems to be another chance for this one. I hope you get the Yeti next time! :)

Silverrain1
07-08-16, 11:41 AM
Why do you think the Zombee is on sale? It hasn't left the shop before had it?

ninasidstorm8
07-08-16, 12:02 PM
Why do you think the Zombee is on sale? It hasn't left the shop before had it?

It is not on sale, since it always cost 450 gems, However, since it is marked as Limited Time, it looks like it will be leaving the Forest sometime soon.

Silverrain1
07-08-16, 12:11 PM
It is not on sale, since it always cost 450 gems, However, since it is marked as Limited Time, it looks like it will be leaving the Forest sometime soon.

Oh thanks. I just seen the banner and thought I read sale. Silly me. Thanks for clearing that up.

ninasidstorm8
07-11-16, 10:45 AM
The JUL 8 update gave us the expected Gold Fish Treasure animal as well as the release of the limited Electrocutie. The Value Pack contains a Fladingo for higher level players.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. If we see a Breeding Trio for July, I think it would have to start on JUL 12 to avoid a lot of interference with the next Storybook Adventure, or I doubt we will see a Breeding Trio this month.

For the last few months the Storybook Adventure has started the day the World Event ends. This indicates that the next Storybook Adventure will begin with the JUL 15 update. The end of July is the second anniversary of Fantasy Forest Story so the Storybook Adventure may have a theme reflecting that. Or perhaps, S8 is planning something different to commemorate the event.

The best time for a Spin to Win to occur is the update following the end of an 18-round tournament. Therefore, the most likely date for the next Spin to Win is the JUL 19 update.

Leo runs between July 23 and August 21 so it should be the next Zodiac Goal Line. So far the Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month or the next update after the 29th. Following this pattern, it seems as July 29 would be the start of the Leo Goal Line. Since Leo is a Fire element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Fire hybrid, similar to Aries.

JUL 8: End Cancer Goal Line
JUL 12: Breeding Trio
JUL 15: 18-round tournament, Storybook Adventure, End Firework Forest World Event
JUL 22:
JUL 26: 30-round tournament
JUL 29: Leo Goal Line

I'll copy this information to post #2 for more information.

ninasidstorm8
07-12-16, 11:39 AM
The Zombee has left the Forest just as the Comet Cougar makes a brief return 7 days). It looks like there will be an event to celebrate FFS turning 2 that is associated with 4 animals. My Guess is it will be a Storybook with a Battle Arena tie-in.

ninasidstorm8
07-14-16, 12:49 PM
The JUL 12 update gave us the limited return of the Comet Cougar. The Value Pack contains a Timbear for higher level players. We also received a tease for a Birthday Event involving 4 animals. I think the theme of the next Storybook Event will have a Birthday theme with a tie-in to the next Battle Arena tournament.

For the last few months the Storybook Adventure has started the day the World Event ends. This indicates that the next Storybook Adventure will begin with the JUL 15 update. It is possible that the next Battle Arena tournament will be a long one like last month but for now, I am anticipating an 18-round tournament for the JUL 15 update.

The best time for a Spin to Win to occur is the update following the end of an 18-round tournament. Therefore, the most likely date for the next Spin to Win is the JUL 24 update.

Leo runs between July 23 and August 21 so it should be the next Zodiac Goal Line. So far the Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month or the next update after the 29th. Following this pattern, it seems as July 29 would be the start of the Leo Goal Line. Since Leo is a Fire element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Fire hybrid, similar to Aries.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. I think it is too late in the month to see one in July without a lot of interference with the next Storybook Adventure, so I doubt we will see a Breeding Trio this month. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUL 12:
JUL 22:
JUL 26: 30-round tournament
JUL 29: Leo Goal Line

I will update Post #2 with this information for easy reference.

ninasidstorm8
07-15-16, 12:16 PM
The update has the expected Birthday Themed Storybook Adventure (Festive Forest) but no 18-round tournament. I still believe that the fourth animal teased for the event will be a Battle Arena prize, however, I guess it will wait until the next update and be part o f a 30-round tournament instead.

Doompicnic
07-15-16, 01:39 PM
I know this is late but is the comet cougar breedable or just in the store to purchase?
Edit: Nevermind. I answered my own question by breeding it. The egg is in my nest now. Yay!

ninasidstorm8
07-18-16, 09:14 AM
The JUL 15 update was the start of Festive Forest Storybook Adventure with a Rainbow/Gem hybrid (Grand Unicorn) as the final prize. The Value Pack contains a Wombattery for higher level players.

I was surprised that an 18-round tournament didn’t start with the JUL 15. I assume we will see a 30-round tournament starting with the JUL 19 update instead. My guess is the tournament prize will be the fourth animal in the tease for the FFS birthday event. The shadow resembles a Fairy Ferret or Fallaby type creature. As an alternative could be we see an 18-round tournament on JUL 19 (unlikely) or JUL 22 followed by a Spin to Win on the following update.

If we stick with the idea of a 30-round tournament starting JUL 19, then my best guess for a Spin to Win this month is the JUL 26 update. The best time for a Spin to Win to occur is the update following the end of an 18-round tournament. Since it can use a fourth icon slot, it could happen any time but there is a good chance we won’t see one this month.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. I think it is too late in the month to see one in July without a lot of interference with the Storybook Adventure, so I doubt we will see a Breeding Trio this month. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUL 12:
JUL 15: Festive Forest Storybook Adventure, End Firework Forest World Event
JUL 19: 30-round tournament
JUL 22:
JUL 26: Spin to Win
JUL 29: 18-round tournament, Leo Goal Line, End Storybook Adventure

ninasidstorm8
07-22-16, 08:19 AM
The JUL 19 update was the start of a 30-round tournament with a Rainbow/Earth hybrid (Pokey Pilot) as the prize. The Value Pack contains a River Runner for higher level players.

My best guess for a Spin to Win this month is the JUL 26 update. The best time for a Spin to Win to occur is the update following the end of an 18-round tournament and it doesn’t look we will have an 18-round tournament until the end of the month. Since the Spin to Win can use a fourth icon slot, it could happen any time but there is a good chance we won’t see one this month.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. I think it is too late in the month to see one in July without a lot of interference with the Storybook Adventure, so I doubt we will see a Breeding Trio this month. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUL 12:
JUL 19: 30-round tournament
JUL 22:

I'll copy this information to Post #2 for easier reference.

ninasidstorm8
07-22-16, 12:12 PM
Quiet update. A recycled Palmeranian for a week and a Dusk Bunny for the Higheer Level Value Pack.

ninasidstorm8
07-25-16, 12:42 PM
The JUL 22 update contained a new limited animal, the Parade Pony. The Value Pack contains a Dusk Bunny for higher level players.

My best guess for a Spin to Win this month is the JUL 26 update. The best time for a Spin to Win to occur is the update following an 18-round tournament. Since the Spin to Win can use a fourth icon slot, it could happen any time and there is a chance we won’t see one this month.

Leo runs between July 23 and August 21 so it should be the next Zodiac Goal Line. So far the Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month or the next update after the 29th. Following this pattern, it seems as July 29 would be the start of the Leo Goal Line. However, if there was ever a time to move it up, this would be the time to move it up to the JUL 26 update. Since Leo is a Fire element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Fire hybrid, similar to Aries.

The Storybook Adventures and World Event have been running back to back the last few months but we have never had two World Events start in the same month before, so I don’t think we will see the next World Event until the AUG 1 update at the earliest.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. I think it is too late in the month to see one in July without a lot of interference with the Zodiac Goal Line, so I doubt we will see a Breeding Trio until the beginning of August. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUL 12:
JUL 19: Pokey Pilot 30-round tournament
JUL 22:
AUG 2: World Event, Breeding Trio

saucysammis
07-26-16, 03:28 PM
My game just leveled to 100! I checked to see if it was accompanied by new expansions....there are none that I can see; but I'm not fully expanded yet either.

ninasidstorm8
07-26-16, 03:34 PM
My game just leveled to 100! I checked to see if it was accompanied by new expansions....there are none that I can see; but I'm not fully expanded yet either.

I am at Level 100 as well. Hopefully it is the first step towards expansions. The habitat limit is still currently at 100.

ninasidstorm8
07-28-16, 10:29 AM
The JUL 26 update started Spin to Win number 12, with the Nocturnowl as the Grand Prize. In an unusual twist, the Nocturnowl is available in the Shop. The Value Pack contains a Steamtrunk for higher level players. After the JUL 26 update, the maximum level for players was increased to 100. Hopefully this is the first step in the process of releasing more expansion space.

The S8 blog has announced Leo as the next Zodiac animal that will be available with the JUL 29 update. I anticipate that it will be the prize of another 7-day goal line event. Since Leo is a Fire element, I assume that it will be a Zodiac/Fire hybrid, similar to Aries. If we return to the normal tournament schedule, the JUL 29 update will also see a new 18-round tournament.

The Storybook Adventures and World Events have been running back to back the last few months but we have never had two World Events start in the same month before, so I think we will see the next World Event start with the AUG 2 update.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. They typically occur at the beginning of the month so I am projecting the AUG 2 update for the next one. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUL 22:
AUG 2: World Event, Breeding Trio
AUG 5: End Leo Goal Line
AUG 9: 30-round tournament

I'll copy this information to Post #2 for easy access.

Clark_Wayne
07-28-16, 01:00 PM
hmm i think we can say good bye to world events : we are going to have leaderboards and if they follow same pattern than in DS , once leaderboards started, world event are going to stop soon :(

ninasidstorm8
07-28-16, 01:18 PM
hmm i think we can say good bye to world events : we are going to have leaderboards and if they follow same pattern than in DS , once leaderboards started, world event are going to stop soon :(

I agree with you. If you think about it, in DS it works like a World Event without the farming aspect for all the animals (dragons) except the final prize for the competition winner and second place in their group.

TwiWoods
07-28-16, 02:54 PM
So disappointed to see the update in the app store and in game popup that a Leaderboards are starting here. They will be harder here with only one nest and den. Don't care for this event in DS and not looking forward to it here.

saucysammis
07-28-16, 03:29 PM
Speculation:

Just looking at the display it is obvious that new expansions should be expected along the lower green shelf.....but will they extend more into other directions as well? I would love to see more in the ice, as well as to the right of the mine with a more rocky earth habitat type of color.

I expanded a few days ago, just couldn't wait. I thought of waiting because it's fun to break ground in new areas, but since I've got many -18- expansions left to go I gambled that the new ones wouldn't be accessible to me anyways.

So, I've just planted my rune prunes and am considering whether to try for an umpteenth koala or whether to leave the den free for what comes tomorrow.....

Clark_Wayne
07-28-16, 03:47 PM
So disappointed to see the update in the app store and in game popup that a Leaderboards are starting here. They will be harder here with only one nest and den. Don't care for this event in DS and not looking forward to it here.

yes it will be harder here since we have only 1 breeding den and 1 nest (i have 2 breeding den, 4 nests and 2 evolution temple in DS)
wonder how the leaderboard will happen : in DS , battles evolution and breeding count in leaderboard

Niire
07-28-16, 04:32 PM
You know, i was really starting to love this game, and you're saying they are bringing a LEADERBOARD? I am very close to quitting every s8 game I play...and I play 10 of them right now.

littelprincess0313
07-28-16, 09:54 PM
You know, i was really starting to love this game, and you're saying they are bringing a LEADERBOARD? I am very close to quitting every s8 game I play...and I play 10 of them right now.

I was also so happy with the new update and then there was it: leaderboard -.- it's such a stupid competition snd I wont bother with it. And I really hope that this doesnt mean we wont get anymore world events i like them - i know they stopped in DS but please team for FS dont make the same mistake!!

Werekatze
07-29-16, 02:49 AM
Holy crow... I was just collecting coins and thinking what a relief it is we don't have leaderboards here, and then I come here and find out it's imminent!? After all the disgust it causes over at DS? I thought FFS was supposed to be a bit more... I don't know... relaxed. Why on earth do they have to bring leaderboards here? *sigh* Guess I should stop buying gems now too. =( I just don't get the same enjoyment from DS since the regularity of leaderboards seems to have pushed the WE out, as well as a bunch of my neighbors. I expect the same will happen here. That makes me really sad. =/

NannaSherry
07-29-16, 04:37 AM
What is a leaderboard, and how does it work?

supster50
07-29-16, 05:40 AM
What is a leaderboard, and how does it work?
Good question some one please explain this proscess

ninasidstorm8
07-29-16, 03:43 PM
I am surprised that we did not get an 18-round tournament today. The last one was at the end of May and was a recycled one at that. There is a chance that S8 tries to tie the next tournament to the Leaderboard Event and give us points for winning the battle similar to the tokens for a World Event. I think we will see in a week since I believe that is when the first FFS Leaderboard event will take place. Maybe the 18-round tournament has been put into storage with the Battlegrounds.

Clark_Wayne
07-29-16, 04:11 PM
I am surprised that we did not get an 18-round tournament today. The last one was at the end of May and was a recycled one at that. There is a chance that S8 tries to tie the next tournament to the Leaderboard Event and give us points for winning the battle similar to the tokens for a World Event. I think we will see in a week since I believe that is when the first FFS Leaderboard event will take place. Maybe the 18-round tournament has been put into storage with the Battlegrounds.

i agree : will probably be a 30 rounds tourney if leaderboard is coming.

ninasidstorm8
08-01-16, 09:02 PM
The JUL 29 update started the Follow the Leo Goal line with the Leo Zodiac animal as the reward The Value Pack contains an Ampeater for higher level players. The big news is that the long awaited expansions have been released.

The App update released July 28 stated that the Leaderboard Event from Dragon Story will come to FFS. It will probably replace the World Events as part of the regular Event schedule. The Storybook Adventures and World Event have been running back to back the last few months. I am assuming the Leaderboard Event will replace the next World Event so it will begin with AUG 2 update.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. They typically occur at the beginning of the month so I am projecting the AUG 2 update for the next one. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUL 22:
JUL 29:, Leo Goal Line, End Storybook Adventure
AUG 2: Leaderboard Event, 30-round tournament
AUG 5: End Leo Goal Line
AUG 9:
AUG 12: 18-round tournament

tuffyjkitten
08-02-16, 09:50 AM
Leaderboards.....ish. On DS I treat them like World Events, playing for the individual milestones and not for the ranking prizes. Far less stressful that way and you pick up some good stuff.

Amazing that after all the complaints and downright hatred bestowed on leaderboards on the DS forum that they would add them to another game...but it's for the gem spenders. It's like an **** auction if you're not careful...spending a lot to be in first place and then getting smoked at the end.

Clark_Wayne
08-02-16, 11:20 AM
Leaderboards.....ish. On DS I treat them like World Events, playing for the individual milestones and not for the ranking prizes. Far less stressful that way and you pick up some good stuff.

Amazing that after all the complaints and downright hatred bestowed on leaderboards on the DS forum that they would add them to another game...but it's for the gem spenders. It's like an **** auction if you're not careful...spending a lot to be in first place and then getting smoked at the end.

completly agreed . i play leaderboard like world event : much less stressful. spending no gold/gem except for speeding last hour breeding or evolving. and may a few more at the end if i'm very close to the last milestones prize

Silverrain1
08-02-16, 11:56 AM
So we can all win the milestone prizes? And are they the same for everyone? It's just the featured prize that you can only win if you come first in the ranking?

Just answered my own question - milestones not the same for everyone. Main account got tiles and second account got coins.

Sandybellee
08-02-16, 12:09 PM
So we can all win the milestone prizes? And are they the same for everyone? It's just the featured prize that you can only win if you come first in the ranking?

Just answered my own question - milestones not the same for everyone. Main account got tiles and second account got coins.

The milestone animals are the same for everyone and everyone can get them as long as they get enough points but the chests are completely random. My first chest was apples.

And speaking of milestone animals... We get Cactus Kitsune!!!! Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!! It's one of my most wanted animals ever and it's the first milestone animal! I squealed out loud when I saw it! For that, I love this leaderboard although I don't like the competition aspect of it at all.

Cdnfroglover
08-02-16, 01:05 PM
Happy about about the Kitsune too, plan to play them like a world event, competing against myself for the milestones.

Silverrain1
08-02-16, 01:35 PM
Thanks for that info. I'm glad about the lumercury, I only got the plutopus so that's a great addition. If I get that far. I'll always play them and see what I can get and how far.

tuffyjkitten
08-02-16, 03:32 PM
I have CK and Lemercury already....oh well. I got food for my first milestone prize so that's good!

ninasidstorm8
08-04-16, 10:47 AM
The AUG 2 update introduced the Leaderboard Event with the Torch Bearer being the Grand Prize as well as a new 30-round tournament with a Gecko Roman animal as the prize. So it may be a long time before we see another World Event. The Value Pack contains an Psyena for higher level players.

Storybook Adventures have been running back to back with World Events this year. However, the Leaderboard is only a 10 day event while the World Events were mostly 14 or 17 day events. I think the next Storybook Adventure will wait until the update after the Leaderboard Event ends which means it would start with the AUG 16 update.

If we return to the regular tournament schedule, we should have an 18-round tournament starting AUG 12. If that happens, the best time for the next Spin to Win is the AUG 16 update.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. They typically occur at the beginning of the month so I am projecting the AUG 5 update for the next one. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUL 22:
AUG 5: End Leo Goal Line, Breeding Trio
AUG 9:
AUG 12: 18-round tournament, End Leaderboard
AUG 16: Storybook Adventure, Spin to Win
AUG 19:
AUG 23: 30-round tournament

ninasidstorm8
08-09-16, 10:02 AM
Game update available in the Apple Store for version 1.6.1 today. Description is the same as the last update with the Leaderboard so I assume it is to fix minor bugs.

Sandybellee
08-09-16, 11:51 AM
Steel woolly mammoth is back. I'm trying for it. But not like the last time. That was a complete disaster and taught me not to speed my gems away.

Silverrain1
08-09-16, 12:34 PM
Iv been trying and trying, (yes I'm a speedster lol) no luck yet. Racmoons and dream bats so far

ninasidstorm8
08-11-16, 06:45 PM
The AUG 5 update introduced the Rooted Rhino as a limited animal. The Value Pack contains a Growvine for higher level players. The AUG 9 update brought back the Steel Wooly Mammoth for a week and a value pack containing the Owl Bear for High level players.

Storybook Adventures have been running back to back with World Events this year. However, the Leaderboard is only a 10 day event while the World Events were mostly 14 or 17 day events. I think the next Storybook Adventure will wait until the update after the Leaderboard Event ends which means it would start with the AUG 16 update. However, players should be ready for a Storybook to start as early as the AUG 12 update.

If we return to the regular tournament schedule, we should have an 18-round tournament starting AUG 12. If that happens, the best time for the next Spin to Win is the AUG 16 update.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. They typically occur at the beginning of the month and I think it is a little too late for one to occur this month. The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

JUL 22:
AUG 5: End Leo Goal Line,
AUG 9:
AUG 12: 18-round tournament, End Leaderboard
AUG 16: Storybook Adventure, Spin to Win
AUG 19:

kooky panda
08-12-16, 11:41 AM
The Ride of Little Red! New Storybook Adventure! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93492-The-Ride-of-Little-Red!-New-Storybook-Adventure!)

ninasidstorm8
08-15-16, 09:05 PM
The AUG 12 update saw the start of The Ride of Little Red Storybook Adventure and the Walrust 18-round tournament. The value pack contains the Swan Prince & Princess as well as the Swan Lake habitat for High level players.

The easiest fit in the schedule for a Spin to Win event is the update following an 18-round tournament. Therefore, I believe that the AUG 16 update will be the start of the next Spin to Win event (#13).

Virgo runs from August 22 to September 23, so it should be the next Zodiac animal. The Zodiac Goal lines have all started on the 29th of the month if there was an update scheduled for that day or the first update following that date. So the next Zodiac Goal line should start AUG 30.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. With the Leaderboard Event this month and the Storybook starting the same day that it ended, there will be 5 days left in August after the Storybook finishes for those players that started as late as possible. So we could see a Breeding Trio or a World Event start at the end of the month.

AUG 9:
AUG 12: Start Ride of Little Red Storybook, 18-round tournament, End Leaderboard
AUG 16: Spin to Win
AUG 19:
AUG 26: End of the Ride of Little Red Storybook
AUG 30: Start Virgo Goal Line

ninasidstorm8
08-18-16, 08:26 PM
The AUG 16 update saw the introduction of the Tortice and the start of Spin to Win number 13, with a Jellyflash as the prize. The value pack contains the Puffalo for High level players.

The S8 blog has indicated there will be a new tournament starting with the AUG 19 update with the Explode Toad as the prize. Most tournaments that start on Friday are 18-round tournaments so it is likely to be an 18-round tournament despite the face that we just completed an 18-round tournament last weekend. Either way, this deviates from the typical tournament schedule.

Virgo runs from August 22 to September 23, so it should be the next Zodiac animal. The Zodiac Goal lines have all started on the 29th of the month if there was an update scheduled for that day or the first update following that date. So the next Zodiac Goal line should start AUG 30.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. With the Leaderboard Event this month and the Storybook starting the same day that it ended, there will be 5 days left in August after the Storybook finishes for those players that started as late as possible. So we could see a Breeding Trio or a World Event start at the end of the month.

AUG 9:
AUG 12: Start Ride of Little Red Storybook, 18-round tournament, End Leaderboard
AUG 16: Spin to Win
AUG 19: 18-round tournament
AUG 23:
AUG 26: End of the Ride of Little Red Storybook
AUG 30: 30-round tournament, Start Virgo Goal Line,

Alideh
08-25-16, 08:34 PM

A new battleground soon :o NICE! Well even if it remains the same it would still be cool if we got a new Animal to beat and win :) At first I wasn't too into the battlegrounds but after I got the hang of what elements to use I ended up liking them and playing as much as I could until I beat them all.

calvinxx
08-26-16, 06:05 PM
I'm a little excited that we got the ability to purchase a second evolution flower with this update even though my god it's expensive lol

Buttercup0001
08-26-16, 06:36 PM
I'm a little excited that we got the ability to purchase a second evolution flower with this update even though my god it's expensive lol
I too was happy about a second evolution flower until I saw the price. Almost choked on my morning coffee.

Silverrain1
08-27-16, 01:35 AM
I would have paid coins or some gems for a second flower (as you may remember I have asked for a second flower!) but not that price, afraid not.

Sandybellee
08-27-16, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I'm letting the second flower go too at that sale price. Besides, I'm struggling to open up space for habitats - cannot fit a second flower anywhere at this slow expansion rate.

Silverrain1
08-27-16, 10:04 AM
I have just been incredibly lucky space wise. I sold all my duplicates and moved some animals around. I sold those spare habitats and now have got some extra space for decorations

Sandybellee
08-27-16, 10:12 AM
Congrats! I just had to put almost all deco away so I could get the South zodiac habitat I was missing. Selling duplicates would solve that issue but I like to keep them for future goals. (And some just because I like them so much!)

Silverrain1
08-27-16, 03:42 PM
Congrats! I just had to put almost all deco away so I could get the South zodiac habitat I was missing. Selling duplicates would solve that issue but I like to keep them for future goals. (And some just because I like them so much!)

Thank you and good luck on getting more space soon! I am normally the same but today I decided to just be brutal and go for it. I got rid of all duplicates even the ones I really liked, was a bit gutted to do it but it has opened so much space for me and still room in habitats for any new animals. The decor probs won't last long as I hope to get storage animals out and breed some of the animals that I am missing during this free breeding time.

Silverrain1
08-30-16, 12:23 PM
A lot of really good updates today and I would upgrade so many of my habitats but I have no gems left and no gem sale just now. If I get a gem sale then I will probs go nuts lol. I need the mardi claw which I have tried and tried for but can't seem to get but I also really want that turtle to! So not sure which one to try for. Decisions Decisions!

ninasidstorm8
08-30-16, 12:28 PM
A little surprising that there are no new animals today. Only ones soon to depart.

Silverrain1
08-30-16, 12:44 PM
A little surprising that there are no new animals today. Only ones soon to depart.

The nocturtle is back, unless you have that one to. I missed it last time 😥

Sandybellee
08-30-16, 01:49 PM
Hm... Even more animals are leaving. I guess we'll have lots of new ones soon. I don't have a Julius Baever or a Snowmanatee yet. Don't care for the manatee but I do want Julius! I already have Nocturtle from the tournament but would love a second one. Not sure which one to try for...

Julius is only a rare so should be easier but I don't need anything else from electric-earth. Nocturtle is super rare and I also need two other super rares from dark-water. Decisions, decisions...

Silverrain1
08-30-16, 10:48 PM
I'm in a similar boat to u sandybellee! Nocturtle or mardi claw. But I need nothing else from either of those combos.
I hope there's gonna b a load of new permanent breeding animals as I almost have them all!

Drachenia
08-31-16, 05:36 AM
The nocturtle is back, unless you have that one to. I missed it last time ��

Hello Silverrain the nocturtle is not breedable :(

Sandybellee
08-31-16, 06:07 AM
Hello Silverrain the nocturtle is not breedable :(

The English version pop up said it is now breedable. :)

Alideh
08-31-16, 11:03 AM
:( A shame the Brave evil is going to expire :( Love its color and design! Trying for it right now so I really hope I get it, as for the others I already have them or don't care too much for them with the exception of the nocturtle that one is a beauty! But will have to try for the Eagle first.

supermaay
08-31-16, 11:50 AM
:( A shame the Brave evil is going to expire :( Love its color and design! Trying for it right now so I really hope I get it, as for the others I already have them or don't care too much for them with the exception of the nocturtle that one is a beauty! But will have to try for the Eagle first.

It's Brave Eagle, not Brave Evil unless you did on purpose. It's indeed beautiful. I have one for a while. It's been raised to the Epic level. Good luck.

tahitii
09-01-16, 05:06 AM
When will the habitats sale end, does it last till friday or next tuesday?

lindarife
09-01-16, 07:05 PM
spin to win has disappeared from my games but was supposed to have another 4 or 5 days, what happened? Also I am losing rewards because of the games suddenly closing

HappyHeartBakery
09-09-16, 04:08 AM
So sad - has Nina & our 'speculation calendar' disappeared?
I truly appreciated how helpful they were for planning. I don't post a lot anymore myself with the amount of crashing my game experiences. So the speculations help me make the mat of my time in the game before it crashes

Cdnfroglover
09-09-16, 12:05 PM
Yes, I too liked the little update speculation posts. Why no more? 🙁

Sandybellee
09-13-16, 02:15 AM

Where did you dissappear to? I hope everything is alright! Looking forward to you posting again! :) It's been quite a turnaround on the forum even since I started playing - and you're one of the few people left who's been playing since the very beginning and posting on the forum so I hope you haven't left completely.

comeseecomesah
09-19-16, 01:25 AM
I would really like the cat rolling around on a pumpkin. Please make my wish come true in one of the updates. It's that time of year....nearly Halloween so please please a thousand times please.