PDA

View Full Version : Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

kooky panda
02-05-16, 03:16 PM
New tournament thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88839-New-Tournament-Quake-Snake-February-5-2016)

LonePudding
02-05-16, 04:15 PM
That is what they did with the last trio Gives players a chance to breed a Crystal Unicorn as well.

Ohh I didn't realise! That's nice of them.

jojopeanut
02-07-16, 02:57 PM
I considered getting the Value Pack with Heart Vark, but decided against it seen it was part of last years Valentine's world event after a search with no special element, and not a very attractive animal.

ninasidstorm8
02-09-16, 12:40 PM
A big surprise with today's update, a new 30 round tournament that is a week early.

sweetypies97
02-09-16, 12:46 PM
My goodness. The bead steed is stunning! I doubt I'll be able to play for it though :(

Sandybellee
02-09-16, 12:48 PM
My goodness. The bead steed is stunning! I doubt I'll be able to play for it though :(

Oh my gosh! This is the best one so far this year! I love the ponies and horses in this game! I hope you can get it. :)

RowanaFarrin
02-09-16, 12:51 PM
Oh my gosh! This is the best one so far this year! I love the ponies and horses in this game! I hope you can get it. :)

I'm with you guys! This one is beautiful! ^_^ I hope we can all get one soon! Though my loosing at round one is not inspiring, haha!

31aug2002
02-09-16, 12:58 PM
I love all things horses. They are my weakness. That's why I bought the Prize Pony when I could not breed it !! I am definitely going to try for . After dismal performance in the last two tournaments.. I am going all out for it.

Now some brave soul please start a thread for the new tournament. :):)

Sandybellee
02-09-16, 01:01 PM
Hmm... Interesting. Someone level 11 whose forest is called Sandybellee invited me to be their neighbor (I accepted). Do I have a stalker, lol? :D

LonePudding
02-09-16, 01:07 PM
Another tournament so soon?!

I'd start the thread but I probably won't have enough spare time to make the charts.

jim23cash
02-09-16, 01:22 PM
I think I bred the 3rd of the Valentine trio! 21 hours.
Good luck everyone! :D Annie

31aug2002
02-09-16, 01:32 PM
Congratulations Annie!!
I am still struggling to get the second one as yet. Hope I an get it!!

MaribouMay
02-09-16, 01:35 PM
Congratulations! Beautiful egg! I'm still trying for the first one.

ninasidstorm8
02-09-16, 01:39 PM

Congratulations!!! Did anyone notice that in the Shop, the XO Ox is listed as Nature/Earth rather than Earth/Nature like the rest of this combination? I wonder if it is some kind of change.

calvinxx
02-09-16, 02:15 PM

There is also a new Valentine's habitat for sale that holds Electric/Nature/Fire animals.
Its gaudy as hell but I purchased one lol I will probably put the Bead Steed and maybe the XO Ox in there

Sandybellee
02-09-16, 03:07 PM

There is also a new Valentine's habitat for sale that holds Electric/Nature/Fire animals.
Its gaudy as hell but I purchased one lol I will probably put the Bead Steed and maybe the XO Ox in there

I visited to see it in a forest and yes, gaudy is the right word, lol! :D I'm sure Bead Steed will look great there, though!

jojopeanut
02-09-16, 06:57 PM
I was surprised by a tournment today. I hope this means a spin to win Fri. With some of last years Valentine's animals.

ninasidstorm8
02-09-16, 08:03 PM
I was surprised by a tournment today. I hope this means a spin to win Fri. With some of last years Valentine's animals.

That probably won't happen. We probably won't have a Spin to Win start until next Tuesday's update at the earliest. The Spin to Win needs an icon and the three icons spaces are full with the Tournament, World Event and Value Pack icons. The Value Pack icon expires on Friday, but they always replace it with different Value Pack.

HappyHeartBakery
02-10-16, 07:17 AM

Congrats!
I've had zero luck with any trio animals. Actually just got the stuffin puffin with my last attempt.

Sandybellee
02-10-16, 07:21 AM
Congrats!
I've had zero luck with any trio animals. Actually just got the stuffin puffin with my last attempt.

Congrats on the Stuffin Puffin! It's a gorgeous bird! Hopefully you'll have better luck with the trio, too.

31aug2002
02-10-16, 07:50 AM
Congratulations to all who are breeding trio animals!!
My attempt for a Kissy cat resulted in a 48hr timer... I am pretty happy and smiling like the cat from Alice in wonderland!! I will have to wait to see my next attempt. Meanwhile will put something from storage into the nest, probably the fluffy as it will go with all those cootchie cooey Valentine animals ... Lolzz!!

ninasidstorm8
02-10-16, 09:39 AM
The big surprise with yesterday's update was the start of a 30 round tournament a week early. My guess is that S8 moved it up to avoid any issues with tokens. If they waited until next Tuesday, then the tournament would have started during the World Event but finished after the World Event had ended. The question now is, will they also move up the next 18 round tournament a week or leave it alone and start the next 30 round tournament in 4 weeks rather than 3 weeks. For now I believe that the remaining tournament schedule will not be affected.

S8 has announced the release of the Infernowl on Feb 12. I also think that S8 may fill in the extra time between tournaments with a new Spin to Win starting with the FEB 16 update a little earlier than I had earlier projected. Following is my latest projections with the items in bold ones that have already occurred or announced by S8.

JAN 26: 30 Round tournament, Spin to Win
JAN 29: Age of Aquarius Goal Line Starts

FEB 2: Start of 17 day Valentine's World Event, Sweetheart Trio- First Animal
FEB 5: 18 round tournament, Sweetheart Trio- Second Animal, Age of Aquarius Goal Line ends
FEB 9: 30 Round tournament Sweetheart Trio- Third Animal
FEB 12: Infernowl released
FEB 16: Cockatorch released
FEB 19: Valentine's World Event ends
FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends, Pisces Goal Line
FEB 26: 18 round tournament

MAR 1: Start new Storybook

I will copy this to Post#2 for easy reference.

Sandybellee
02-10-16, 01:05 PM
We just got an extra update with the Matripony and the Puffalo from last year! I made a new thread for it here:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88980-Matripony-and-Puffalo-sale!&p=1248713#post1248713

(I don't know why it doesn't show as a link - I'm trying to do this on my phone.)

ThynaSmith
02-14-16, 10:36 PM
Ninasidstorm8, thank you for your always insightful posts!

ThynaSmith
02-14-16, 10:38 PM
I wonder if the other Celestial habitats are going to be on sale, as the other animals are released... I want to get them all, but will only be able to do it for 200 gems each ;)

ninasidstorm8
02-15-16, 08:44 AM
I wonder if the other Celestial habitats are going to be on sale, as the other animals are released... I want to get them all, but will only be able to do it for 200 gems each ;)

I am counting on each one of the Celestial habitats going on sale at some time. However, it wouldn't surprise me if one goes on sale every 3 months or so. It was hard for me to buy one for 200 gems, I thought the older habitat price of 200 gems and 100 gems on sale was much more appropriate., Celestial East was the only time I have spent 200 gems on a habitat, and I can't see spending 400 gems for each of the others.

ninasidstorm8
02-15-16, 09:00 AM
The FEB 12 update went as expected with the release of the Infernowl. I still think that S8 may fill in the extra time between tournaments with a new Spin to Win starting with the FEB 16 update. The Zodiac sign of Pisces starts FEB 19 but I think the next Zodiac animal will arrive through a Goal Line quest starting on FEB 23 so it doesn't interfere with the Love is in the Air Trio. Following are my latest projections with the items in bold ones that have already occurred or announced by S8.

JAN 29: Age of Aquarius Goal Line Starts

FEB 5: 18 round tournament, Sweetheart Trio- Second Animal, Age of Aquarius Goal Line ends
FEB 16: Spin to Win
FEB 19: Valentine's World Event ends
FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends, Pisces Goal Line
FEB 26: 18 round tournament

MAR 1: Start new Storybook

I will copy this to Post#2 for easy reference.

ninasidstorm8
02-16-16, 12:44 PM
The new Cockatorch is another animal to get as part of the failure for the XO Ox. I am disappointed that we did not get a Spin to Win today, it would have settled down the schedule for the next few weeks. Now there is a good chance that the next 18 round tournament may be moved up to the FEB 19 update. It also increases the likelihood that next Storybook Adventure may start early. I can't think of an other reason to move up the tournament schedule.

Then again, the Spin to Win could just be pushed back until the FEB 19 update and the rest of the schedule could remain the same. I'll have to some thinking about it.

ThynaSmith
02-16-16, 08:07 PM
I completely agree with you, ninasodstorm8. 200 gems on sale is a pretty steep price already...

ninasidstorm8
02-16-16, 09:00 PM
The FEB 16 update had the release of a new animal the Cockatorch. I thought that we would get a new Spin to Win but that didn't happen. S8 has indicated in the description of the Sheriff of Naughtingham to be released FEB 19, that it is a battle prize. So I believe that the next 18 round tournament will start with the FEB 19 release.

So it seems S8 moved the tournament schedule up a week. My best guess is they did this so the past two tournaments would start and complete during the World Event making the winning of tokens easier to handle. I still anticipate that a new Goal Line for Pisces will start on FEB 23 after the Sweetheart Trio has been completed. The Zodiac sign of Pisces starts on FEB 19. I think that a Goal Line for a Pisces animal will wait until the FEB 23 update so that the Sweetheart Trio can complete first.

A new Storybook could start as early as FEB 19 but I think it will wait until the Sweetheart Trio and Pisces Goal line are completed, since all 3 involve breeding tasks. Storybook events are typically 6 weeks apart and the FEB 26 update will be 6 weeks from the last one. Therefore, I think FEB 26 is the most likely start of the next Storybook event.

That means the next Spin to Win is likely to start on FEB 19 or FEB 23. A FEB 19 start would allow it to run 10 days, so that is the one I am hoping for.

Following are my projections for the rest of the month. Items in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

FEB 16: Cockatorch released
FEB 19: Valentine's World Event ends, 18 round tournament - Sheriff of Naughtingham, Spin to Win
FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends Pisces Goal Line
FEB 26: Start new Storybook

MAR 1: 30 round tournament

I will copy this information to Post #2 for easier reference.

ninasidstorm8
02-19-16, 08:21 AM
The App update yesterday confirms that we will be getting a Pisces Zodiac animal and a new Storybook with a Robin Hood theme soon. The World Event ends with today's update, so it opens up an icon space and anything can happen. I am sticking with my current projections in the previous post. We will get an 18 round tournament starting today and I am hoping for a 10 day Spin to Win as well. I am hoping that the Pisces Goal Line will wait until Tuesday and the new Storybook will wait until next Friday. We'll know one way or another in a little over 4 hours.

ninasidstorm8
02-19-16, 12:58 PM
I am a little surprised that the Storybook Adventure started today. I guess it makes sense since there is a tie in to the 18 round tournament. Hopefully the breeding tasks will wait until after the Trio is finished.

LauraGSJK
02-20-16, 04:03 AM
There is this thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88622-Aquarius-January-29-2016

Thank you so much MaribouMay. I truly appreciate your help. Sorry, I just now saw your post. Take care! :)

ninasidstorm8
02-21-16, 11:59 AM
The FEB 19 update was a bit of a surprise with the Hooded Robin Storybook starting a little early. The 18-round Sheriff of Naughtingham tournament started as expected.

A Goal Line for a Pisces animal may start with the FEB 23 update even though the breeding tasks may interfere with Storybook Adventure. However, I doubt that S8 would wait until after the MAR 4 completion of the Storybook Adventure, so the Pisces Goal Line could start with the FEB 23 or the FEB 26 update. I want to be ready for FEB 23 but would prefer FEB 26. I expect Pisces to have the Zodiac/Water elements since Pisces is a Water sign.

We are overdue for a new Spin to Win so it is likely to start on FEB 23. A FEB 23 start would only allow it to run 7 days. I am guessing that the Grand Prize will be Friar Duck since it was hinted at in the Storybook Adventure post by FlatFoot. The animal needed to breed for the Pisces Goal line may also be on the wheel as it was for Aquarius.

Following are my projections for the next couple weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

FEB 9: 30 round tournament Sweetheart Trio- Third Animal
FEB 12:
FEB 16:
FEB 19: Valentine’s World Event ends, 18 round tournament, Hooded Robin Storybook starts
FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends, Pisces Goal Line, Spin to Win
FEB 26:

MAR 4: Hooded Robin Storybook ends
MAR 8:
MAR 11: 18 round tournament

I will copy this post to Post #2 for easy reference.

jojopeanut
02-22-16, 09:56 PM
I'm hoping that IF Pisces goal line starts tomorrow that maybe just maybe the animals we need to breed for storybook like Skygar perhaps will also be needed for the goal line. I hope they hold off a week to start the goal line.

Sandybellee
02-23-16, 04:32 AM
I'm also hoping that if the Pisces goal line starts today it won't make things with the Storybook more complicated. We'll find out soon enough!

ogreve
02-23-16, 08:41 AM
I don't think it's likely that we'd have to breed a Skyger or an Armordillo for such a goal line; that would be too easy. We may, however, have to use the same elements and that would be bad news, as we'd surely then have to continue earth-fire breedings if it were to coincide with the "hatch an armordillo" step....
Good grief, please no!

There are two combinations of which I still need a bunch of animals, as they've never been a part of some limited animal since I started playing. They are nature-electric and dark-water. Previously I would have written that the long timers would be the reason for that but nowadays everything seems to come with enormously long timers, so that's hardly a factor anymore.

We'll see. I'm hoping tonight the Pisces and/or Spin to Win is released and I also hope that we can finally stand down on earth-fire breedings, but for some reason that's totally beyond me S8 sure loves to use that breeding formula...

sanya87
02-23-16, 10:41 AM
If the pisces goal starts today I will be in a big trouble with an Emerald dragon in the nest and no Armordillo... I am really hoping they will wait untill friday :/

ninasidstorm8
02-23-16, 12:35 PM
Looks like the Pisces Goal Line will wait until Friday. A new Spin the Wheel with Friar Duck as the grand prize.

Silverrain1
02-23-16, 01:08 PM
Looks like the Pisces Goal Line will wait until Friday. A new Spin the Wheel with Friar Duck as the grand prize.

Thank you for working out all the start dates etc. They are really helpful. I'm looking forward to the goal line. But nervous about the animals on the doin to win as the last time they were the ones needed for the goal line. I have had such bad luck with both the Beever and spruce moose. I have one of each just now but they are both level 10. The last time we had to breed the spruce moose for a goal line I got no where

ninasidstorm8
02-23-16, 01:33 PM
Thank you for working out all the start dates etc. They are really helpful. I'm looking forward to the goal line. But nervous about the animals on the doin to win as the last time they were the ones needed for the goal line. I have had such bad luck with both the Beever and spruce moose. I have one of each just now but they are both level 10. The last time we had to breed the spruce moose for a goal line I got no where

I have a bad feeling we will need to breed the Spruce Moose. It is in the same spot on the wheel as the Chilly Goat was. The Electric/Water breed times are 13/16/17/22 hours and the Dark/Nature ones are 10/14/15/16/17/18/20 and 8 for Trick or Treent. Plus I spun a duplicate Beever on my first try and I am rarely that lucky. :)

Silverrain1
02-23-16, 02:29 PM
Was really hoping for it to not be the spruce moose, especially when we needed that as a goal animal before. I had no luck that time.

jojopeanut
02-23-16, 02:49 PM
I got the spruce moose from the spin. Very happy about it in storage if needed. Alot of ppl upset cause it's a duplicate but me thinks they'll be doing a happy dance when the goal line comes out.

ogreve
02-23-16, 03:35 PM
The Spruce Moose was already used in a goal line (for the Electric Elk, IIRC). I really HOPE we need to breed/hatch a Beever, as that's what I spun on the wheel today and as I once voted that animal to be the ugliest FFS animal, I hope it does serve some purpose at least. ;)
It seems that on Friday we'll (also?) get a water-electric new animal (Zeus Moose), so fingers crossed on a Beever being required for the Pisces goal line...

Sandybellee
02-23-16, 05:18 PM
Was really hoping for it to not be the spruce moose, especially when we needed that as a goal animal before. I had no luck that time.

Me neither! Missed out on the Electric Elk because of that. But there's a good possibility it is the Beever we need instead.

Silverrain1
02-24-16, 11:50 AM
I missed the electric elk to because of the sprose moose. I don't think it will be the moose we need because we needed it before so perhaps an other animal. Iv just spun the moose tho so if I need it then I have him.

ogreve
02-25-16, 03:18 AM
Fortunately when the Electric Elk came around I did manage to breed a Spruce Moose, but it's an animal I've not bred often.
As I won one on the Spin to Win yesterday, I have one available now, and a Beever too! For once I'm really hoping that either of these two will be required for getting the Pisces, so these animals serve a good purpose and so I'll have free breeding time the coming days...

HappyHeartBakery
02-25-16, 05:20 AM
Well I haven't gotten either one of these animals:(.
So we'll see what's happens there. Only gotten runes with my spins so far

ninasidstorm8
02-25-16, 10:46 AM
The FEB 22 update gave us the eighth incarnation of the Spin to Win with Friar Duck as the Grand Prize. The wheel also contains two breedable animals one of which will probably be required for the Pisces Goal Line animal. No Pisces Goal Line animal, so I believe it will start with the FEB 26 update..

Following are my projections for the next couple weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

FEB 12:
FEB 16:
FEB 19: Valentine’s World Event ends, 18 round tournament, Hooded Robin Storybook starts
FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends, Spin to Win – 7 days
FEB 26: Pisces Goal Line

MAR 8:

I'll copy this post to Post #2 for easy reference.

Silverrain1
02-25-16, 11:23 AM
Can't wait for Pisces and hope it's something I can achieve with not to much hard work as I'm on holiday soon. I'll still have Internet and things so can still access but hope the points won't be to difficult to achieve! Hope I can buy the next habitat to!

Sandybellee
02-26-16, 12:34 PM
A little disappointed that the Pisces goal line didn't start yet but at least it won't mess with the storybook now.

ninasidstorm8
02-26-16, 12:34 PM
Looks like the Zeus Moose is it for this update. I guess we will need to wait until Tuesday's update for the Pisces Goal Line.

jojopeanut
02-26-16, 04:21 PM
It'll be nice actually to get my food supply up a bit before goal line.I'm okay but I hate being below a certian amount. I like to have at least 100,000 at minimum.

HappyHeartBakery
02-27-16, 06:03 AM
Just put in electric-water-gem & got Beever.
And got the Beever yesterday on the spin the wheel. Really wondering if the goal line for Peices (which I'm now guessing will start next week?) will be the Beever

ninasidstorm8
02-28-16, 01:02 PM
The FEB 26 update gave us the Zeus Moose as hinted at by the S8 blog and Facebook post but no Pisces Goal Line animal. I figure if I keep guessing that it will be in the next update, eventually it will come true so let’s project it to occur with the MAR 1 update.

The other Special Event that should be coming up in March is another World Event. They usually occur every 6 weeks, so one may start around MAR 15. Last year we had a World event with a slight St. Patrick’s Day theme but since Easter is MAR 27, maybe we will have a Easter themed World Event.

FEB 12:
FEB 16:
FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends, Spin to Win – 7 days
FEB 26:

MAR 1: Pisces Goal Line, 30 round tournament, Spin to Win ends
MAR 8:

I'll copy this post to Post #2 for easy refernece

ninasidstorm8
03-01-16, 08:32 AM
After being well prepared for a possible Pisces Goal Line the last two updates, I forgot to plant 20 hour crops yesterday evening. Didn't even think about it until this morning, so I planted some Nexus Nuts. Leaving my Breeding Den free since I have a Zeus Moose in the nest that has another 13 hours to go before hatching. Getting my notes prepared for a 30 round tournament. Four hours until update time.

sweetypies97
03-01-16, 12:35 PM
Tournament - 6 days. Castlewary.

Pisces goal and habitats released. First steps are to visit community members and breed a solar simian.

sweetypies97
03-01-16, 12:46 PM
Celestial south, west and east habitats all cost 400 gems each.

natxjkkggg
03-04-16, 04:51 AM
Hallo Ninasidstorm 8,
What Do You think is Going up this evening???

ninasidstorm8
03-04-16, 08:26 AM
Hallo Ninasidstorm 8,
What Do You think is Going up this evening???

I think it will be relatively quiet. We know that we will get a release of the Petite Panda so I think that will be it. I think the next special event will be a World Event but that should not start until next week at the earliest.

It looks like we may be getting some expansions soon but I believe that we will need to get an App update for that to occur. I haven't seen an App update today, so it looks like that will wait until next week at the earliest.

natxjkkggg
03-04-16, 08:28 AM
Thank's Time take a breath !!!!

calvinxx
03-04-16, 12:31 PM
Two new expansions on the lower green plots. Hallelujahhhhhhhh

natxjkkggg
03-04-16, 12:51 PM
Wow,wow, surprise for all, a new world event over 14 days!!!!!

Drachenia
03-04-16, 01:42 PM
Oh am so happy , we can now hold 2 Treasure animals in the habitat . Thank you TL

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160304/lfadqhqn.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

ninasidstorm8
03-07-16, 09:28 AM
The MAR 4 update was a bit of a surprise with the St Patrick’s Day World Event starting a little earlier than expected. The release of a few new expansion plots and a raise of 2 in the habitat limit was also welcome news to many players. The increase to two animals for the Treasure Habitats also helped out a number of players.

Looking forward, a Spin to Win occurs approximately every 3 weeks, so we could get one early as MAR 15. Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart so the MAR 15 update is my guess for the next one to start as well.

Aires (the ram) is the next Zodiac sign which starts MAR 21. So far it appears that the Zodiac Goal line has started on the last release of the month or first release of the following month, so I am projecting a MAR 29 release. However, I plan to be ready for it starting with the MAR 22 release. Storybook Events usually run about every 6 weeks. If we follow that pattern, the next one should occur around the APR 1 release. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if does start early.

Following are my current projections for March. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

MAR 4: St. Patrick's Day World Event starts, Hooded Robin Storybook ends
MAR 8:
MAR 15: Spin to Win, Breeding Trio
MAR 18: St. Patrick's Day World Event ends
MAR 22: 30 round tournament
MAR 25:
MAR 29: Aires Goal Line

I'll copy this post to post #2 for easy reference.

ninasidstorm8
03-08-16, 12:38 PM
New 30 round tournament. Another surprise.

Sandybellee
03-08-16, 12:38 PM
Oh wow! Another tournament! The pace of events is certainly picking up fast. I love that snail!!!

ogreve
03-08-16, 12:39 PM
Surprise....
Another 30-round tournament. Didn't we get one just the other day?!?
And... A black and white chicken. Kinda funny black and white animals both of them. Breeding for the seemingly not limited also black and white Panda has been suspended and a first try was had at the chicken. 13 hours, probably not it...

2moregifts
03-08-16, 12:39 PM
The Orca Snail tournament looks cool. I won the first round against the Puppy Love with the Toy Poodle (lvl 12).

ninasidstorm8
03-09-16, 09:39 AM
S8 has been varying the schedule a bit lately. I hope my projections don’t give you a false sense of confidence. The MAR 8 update gave us the Orca Snail 30-round tournament a full two weeks ahead of schedule. I can think of a few reasons to do this:
1) They wanted to give us the ability to collect more tokens than an 18 round tournament would give us.
2) They needed to move the schedule around to start a Storybook event early, maybe one with an Easter theme.

The S8 blog/Facebook page have announced the return of the Palmeranian on MAR 11. Looking forward I have shifted around my projections to account for the date of the current 30 round tournament. I assume the next 18 round tournament will be moved to start 10 days after the beginning of this 30 round tournament as normal. A Spin to Win occurs approximately every 3 weeks, so we could get one early as MAR 15. Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart so the MAR 15 update is my guess for the next one to start as well.

Aires (the ram) is the next Zodiac sign which starts MAR 21. So far it appears that the Zodiac Goal line has started on the last release of the month or first release of the following month, but I am projecting a MAR 25 release since everything seems to be moving up. However, I plan to be ready for it starting with the MAR 22 release.

Storybook Events usually run about every 6 weeks. If we follow that pattern, the next one should occur around the APR 1 release. However, I would not be surprised if it is moved up in the schedule, particularly, if they wish to do an Easter themed one. Easter is MAR 27 and the Storybook could start as early as MAR 15, so I would start building up a Food Supply soon if you don’t already have one.

Following are my current projections for March. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

MAR 8: 30 round tournament
MAR 11: Re-release of the Palmeranian
MAR 15: Spin to Win, Breeding Trio
MAR 18: 18 round tournament, St. Patrick's Day World Event ends
MAR 22:
MAR 25: Aires Goal Line
MAR 29: 30 round tournament

APR 1: Storybook Adventure

I'll copy this information to Post #2 for easy reference.

Clark_Wayne
03-10-16, 12:43 AM
Oh am so happy , we can now hold 2 Treasure animals in the habitat . Thank you TL

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160304/lfadqhqn.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

question : can we collect gems faster like in dragon story ? if anyone got info about this , feel free to post ;)

Sandybellee
03-11-16, 09:02 AM
Hoping for a spin to win along with the Palmeranian with today's update but it's probably still too early for it (if the next one has an Easter theme). I'm looking forward to a chance to get a Chocolate Rabbit. Really looking forward to Easter themed animals in general since it's maybe my favorite holiday of all!

JeffW60
03-14-16, 08:45 AM
So what are we looking for in the update tomorrow? Possibly a Spin to Win or an 18 round tournament? One of those seems a real possibility. Then Friday maybe the start of an Easter themed Storybook?

ninasidstorm8
03-14-16, 09:06 AM
So what are we looking for in the update tomorrow? Possibly a Spin to Win or an 18 round tournament? One of those seems a real possibility. Then Friday maybe the start of an Easter themed Storybook?

I am expecting a Spin to Win to start with tomorrow's update and the possible start of a Breeding Trio as well. I don't expect the next 18 round tournament to start until the MAR 18 release as part of a return to the normal tournament schedule.

The watch for the next Storybook is on. It could start as early as tomorrow's update instead of the Spin to Win but I think it is more likely to occur later in the month. If we follow the typical Storybook schedule of 6 weeks between start dates, it should start with the APR 1 update but I would have a large food supply ready soon, since many events have been moved up lately.

Refer to Post #2 for a full list my current projections for March.

Silverrain1
03-14-16, 11:22 AM
Oh dear, I have next to no food. Just made my sapphire Cthulhu epic and its waiting for its turn in the evolution flower

Sandybellee
03-14-16, 11:31 AM
I'm uncomfortably low on food too after raising my Garnet Griffin and Pisces to epic... Hoping that a new Storybook won't start tomorrow. A spin to win would be very welcome!

Silverrain1
03-14-16, 11:38 AM
I'm uncomfortably low on food too after raising my Garnet Griffin and Pisces to epic... Hoping that a new Storybook won't start tomorrow. A spin to win would be very welcome!

Congrats, you must have had a very healthy food supply getting those 2 to epic form! I raised a load of mine to 10 then finished with sapphire one. Time to start gathering again! I know the pears are meant to be a great way to stock up on food but it's so tiring!

Sandybellee
03-14-16, 11:56 AM
Congrats, you must have had a very healthy food supply getting those 2 to epic form! I raised a load of mine to 10 then finished with sapphire one. Time to start gathering again! I know the pears are meant to be a great way to stock up on food but it's so tiring!

Thanks! And to you too for getting your Cthulhu epic! Yes, it's just way too tiring to collect pears. :p I try to do charm cherries as much as possible except now I've been planting nexus nuts during the day too to collect for the world event since I often forget to harvest the cherries after an hour. I've usually collected enough tokens for world events a couple of days early, but now I'm cutting it close for some reason. (Maybe it's because I haven't planted rune prunes every day this time.)

Silverrain1
03-14-16, 12:18 PM
Thanks! And to you too for getting your Cthulhu epic! Yes, it's just way too tiring to collect pears. :p I try to do charm cherries as much as possible except now I've been planting nexus nuts during the day too to collect for the world event since I often forget to harvest the cherries after an hour. I've usually collected enough tokens for world events a couple of days early, but now I'm cutting it close for some reason. (Maybe it's because I haven't planted rune prunes every day this time.)

I generally do nexus nuts while I'm at work and at night time to and charm cherries throughout the remaining time. I do that for world events to on all 6 of my farms so I think you should be able to catch up ok. Every so often I think I can be committed enough to do pears but it never works out for me. Think I'm going to do my bead stead next, love how that looks, may take a while tho if there is a story book coming

Sandybellee
03-15-16, 11:37 AM
Thankfully no new storybook yet! Just a new electric-earth animal Julius Baever! :)

JeffW60
03-15-16, 11:42 AM
Thankfully no new storybook yet! Just a new electric-earth animal Julius Baever! :)

A very quiet update. I expect if the next Storybook is indeed Easter themed, it will start Friday.

RowanaFarrin
03-15-16, 11:51 AM
I was kinda hoping we might have another St. Patrick's themed creature today or a Spin to Win with the old ones, but oh well. A quiet update is actually pretty nice too as it gives us more time to prepare for whatever Easter may bring. I'm not too interested in the new animal, so I'll keep trying for that crystal unicorn for now.

ninasidstorm8
03-15-16, 12:02 PM
The lack of a Spin to Win with today's update increases the chance that the next Storybook could start early, since there is a free icon. Assuming an 18-round tournament starts Friday as planned, there will still be a free icon since the World Event ends that day as well. That means that we could see a Spin to Win or a Storybook starting with the Friday update and the other could then start with the update next Tuesday.

chickenladyx14
03-15-16, 01:17 PM
What do you mean by a free icon ninasidstorm8?

ninasidstorm8
03-15-16, 01:45 PM
What do you mean by a free icon ninasidstorm8?

If you look at the right side of your screen, you will currently see two icons. One for the World Event and one for the Value pack. FFS has only used a maximum of 3 icons at one time. I call it the 3 icon rule. Battle Arena tournaments, World Events, Storybook Events, Value Packs and Spin to Win Wheels each use an icon when active. For a long time one icon has been used by a Value Pack that normally changes to a new one on Friday. This leaves two icon spots for the other events. Breeding Trios, Goal Line animals and Battlegrounds do not use icons, so they are not limited by this rule.

This limits the number of events that can occur simultaneously and I use it along with past history to figure out what might be next.

SuzieQ477
03-15-16, 02:02 PM
Looks like yet another tournament on Friday with the Georaffe.

http://blog.storm8.com/post/141106308314/new-content-for-march-15-18-2016

chickenladyx14
03-15-16, 02:10 PM
Thank-you so much ninasidstorm8 for the explanation! I didn't know any of that and am glad I asked. You are such a vast wealth of knowledge!!

ninasidstorm8
03-15-16, 02:32 PM
Thank-you so much ninasidstorm8 for the explanation! I didn't know any of that and am glad I asked. You are such a vast wealth of knowledge!!

You are welcome. I have a tendency sometimes to use some terms I or others have come up with for certain features of the game. Feel free to ask for an explanation when something is not clear. Often, there are others with the same question but are reluctant to ask.

That is what I like about this forum. Plenty of players willing to share knowledge and help others move forward.

chickenladyx14
03-15-16, 03:02 PM
Can I ask here about an animal I saw in a neighbor's forest? It's a beautiful double/Siamese snake/serpent. One turquoise blue and the other purple. It was quite fetching! That is the only forest I have seen it in.
I used google - even images - but found no info/pictures about it.

calvinxx
03-15-16, 03:07 PM
Can I ask here about an animal I saw in a neighbor's forest? It's a beautiful double/Siamese snake/serpent. Turquoise blue and purple colored and really awesome! That is the only forest I have seen it in.
I used google - even images - but found no info/pictures about it.

That is the second Zodiac animal released called the Pisces. There was a goal line for it about two weeks ago

chickenladyx14
03-15-16, 03:10 PM
Thank-you! I must have been asleep at the wheel! Mouse wheel that is. :D

ninasidstorm8
03-16-16, 10:48 AM
The MAR 15 update gave us a new animal Julius Baever for the ides of March. The Storm 8 blog/Facebook page has confirmed that next tournament will be MAR 18 as expected with Georaffe as the prize. I expect it to be an 18 round tournament since that will put the normal tournament schedule back on track. I expected a Spin to Win to start with the MAR 15 update and the fact that it didn’t leads me to believe that we might get a 10 day Spin to Win starting with the MAR 18 update but I think it is more likely we get a 7 day one starting MAR 22.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart so one could start at any time. I am surprised that it didn’t start already since a Breeding Trio takes 3 weeks and we have two more breeding events coming up soon (Aires Goal Line, Storybook). I think that either the Breeding Trio will start with the next update or it will be postponed until next month and the Storybook Adventure will be moved up. My best guess right now is that the Breeding Trio will be postponed to next month.

Storybook Events usually run about every 6 weeks. If we follow that pattern, the next one should occur around the APR 1 release. However, I would not be surprised if it is moved up in the schedule, particularly, if they wish to do an Easter themed one. Easter is MAR 27 and the Storybook could start as early as MAR 18, so I would start building up a Food Supply soon if you don’t already have one. I think the timing works out better for events requiring breeding if the Storybook Adventure starts MAR 18, so that is my new projection. This minimizes the overlap between the events that require breeding tasks.

Aires (the ram) is the next Zodiac sign which starts MAR 21. So far the Zodiac Goal line has started on the last release of the month or first release of the following month, so I am projecting a MAR 29 release.

MAR 15:
MAR 18: 18 round tournament, St. Patrick's Day World Event ends, Storybook Adventure
MAR 22: Spin to Win
MAR 25:
MAR 29: 30 round tournament, Aires Goal Line
APR 1: Breeding Trio
APR 5:
APR 8: 18 round tournament

I will copy this information to Post #2 for easy access.

FlatFoot
03-17-16, 06:04 PM
I love looking at everyone's projections and then over to my other monitor with our calendar on it. Cracks me up sometimes :p.

JeffW60
03-17-16, 07:34 PM
I love looking at everyone's projections and then over to my other monitor with our calendar on it. Cracks me up sometimes :p.

Uh oh. That is a rather ominous statement. We may be in for some big surprises.

HappyHeartBakery
03-18-16, 07:12 AM
Uh oh. That is a rather ominous statement. We may be in for some big surprises.

I was thinking the same thing. I was kicking myself for not planting 20hr crops yesterday in prep of possible storybook...but who knows now. I'm still planting cherries to help community totals in world event (which for the 1st time I will not be earning the last individual prize for as I'm only at 2024/2300 with 4 hrs left). We'll see what this afternoon brings

ogreve
03-18-16, 07:23 AM

Hahaha, good one!
No fair *****ing...;)
Good thing you don't work on the stock exchange market :D
Looking forward to the release and also to the next Zodiac animal. 'Ave a good weekend!

ninasidstorm8
03-18-16, 09:37 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I was kicking myself for not planting 20hr crops yesterday in prep of possible storybook...but who knows now. I'm still planting cherries to help community totals in world event (which for the 1st time I will not be earning the last individual prize for as I'm only at 2024/2300 with 4 hrs left). We'll see what this afternoon brings

Planting 20 hour crops before the start of a Storybook event has not helped for the first day in the past. Typically the first day of a Storybook Event is something simple. Plant Aurora Apples or Power Pears and Harvest them and/or visit Community Members. Other than having lots of food handy, the best preparation for the start of a Storybook Event is to be ready to harvest anything at update time or shortly thereafter.

ninasidstorm8
03-18-16, 11:35 AM
Seems as if the update today is a bit late.

Sandybellee
03-18-16, 11:35 AM
The update seems to be late... Weird to see the screen with no icons on the right!

NannaSherry
03-18-16, 11:44 AM
The update seems to be late... Weird to see the screen with no icons on the right!

I concur. Hmmmmm?

FlatFoot
03-18-16, 11:46 AM
Being pushed out soon :D

MaribouMay
03-18-16, 11:46 AM

Indeed! I thought it was just my game. Something must be coming today. Kooky said the new Giraffe animal would be a tournament (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89956-Georaffe-Dragon-March-18-2016) starting today.

MaribouMay
03-18-16, 11:47 AM
Being pushed out soon :D

Not to be impatient, but ...

Is it out yet?

How 'bout now?

FlatFoot
03-18-16, 12:13 PM
Try now :D

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90024-Hoppy-Times-Storybook-Adventure

ninasidstorm8
03-21-16, 07:57 AM
The MAR 18 update gave us the expected 18-round tournament with Georaffe as the prize. This puts the normal tournament schedule back on track. The Hoppy Times Storybook Adventure also started with the MAR 18 update. Even though it started a bit earlier than normal, I thought this would happen to minimize the overlap of events that require Breeding tasks. This makes the speculations for the rest of the month even more likely to occur as predicted, so I am not making any changes.

Spin to Win events come as early as 3 weeks apart, so we are overdue for a new one. I think the next one will start with the Mar 22 release. That will allow a 7 day event before the icon spot is required by the MAR 29 30-round tournament.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. Due to the current Storybook and an expected Aires Goal line to start next week, I think that the Breeding Trio will be postponed until APR 1

Aires (the ram) is the next Zodiac sign which starts MAR 21. So far the Zodiac Goal line has started on the last release of the month or first release of the following month, so I am projecting a MAR 29 release. This will minimize the overlap with the Hoppy Times Storybook Adventure to the last few days for those who started late. However, I plan to be prepared for the Aires Goal Line to start with rest of the releases this month, in case it?s a little early.

MAR 15:
MAR 18: 18 round tournament, St. Patrick's Day World Event ends, Hoppy Times Storybook Adventure
MAR 25:
APR 1: Breeding Trio, Storybook Adventure ends
APR 5:

I will copy this information to Post # 2 for easy access

JeffW60
03-21-16, 08:49 AM
The MAR 18 update gave us the expected 18-round tournament with Georaffe as the prize. This puts the normal tournament schedule back on track. The Hoppy Times Storybook Adventure also started with the MAR 18 update. Even though it started a bit earlier than normal, I thought this would happen to minimize the overlap of events that require Breeding tasks. This makes the speculations for the rest of the month even more likely to occur as predicted, so I am not making any changes.

Spin to Win events come as early as 3 weeks apart, so we are overdue for a new one. I think the next one will start with the Mar 22 release. That will allow a 7 day event before the icon spot is required by the MAR 29 30-round tournament.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. Due to the current Storybook and an expected Aires Goal line to start next week, I think that the Breeding Trio will be postponed until APR 1

Aires (the ram) is the next Zodiac sign which starts MAR 21. So far the Zodiac Goal line has started on the last release of the month or first release of the following month, so I am projecting a MAR 29 release. This will minimize the overlap with the Hoppy Times Storybook Adventure to the last few days for those who started late. However, I plan to be prepared for the Aires Goal Line to start with rest of the releases this month, in case it?s a little early.

MAR 15:
MAR 18: 18 round tournament, St. Patrick's Day World Event ends, Hoppy Times Storybook Adventure
MAR 25:
APR 1: Breeding Trio, Storybook Adventure ends
APR 5:

I will copy this information to Post # 2 for easy access

Thanks for keeping us informed on this. It's a big help.

ninasidstorm8
03-21-16, 09:08 AM
Thanks for keeping us informed on this. It's a big help.

You are welcome.

Sandybellee
03-22-16, 03:55 AM
Hopefully the Aries goal line isn't starting yet today. Hoping for a spin to win and Chocolate Rabbit!

ninasidstorm8
03-22-16, 09:40 AM
Hopefully the Aries goal line isn't starting yet today. Hoping for a spin to win and Chocolate Rabbit!

I think the Aries Goal Line will wait another week and we will get a Spin to Win today. Chocolate Rabbit would be a good choice since it is about the only Easter related animal from last year. If I were trying to get some players to buy some spins on the wheel, I would put the Harpy on it to complete the Shamrock set from last year. Hamrock was part of the last value pack and Leopardchaun and Lucky Rabbit are part of the current Value Pack. The Harpy would complete the set.

Silverrain1
03-22-16, 11:30 AM
As always, thank you so much nina! You are so good at doing this! I personally would not know where to start. Would love to get the chocolate rabbit, I have mixed success with the spin to win but never success with bought spins unfortunately. But I may try a few if that was on! Was the mamaroo am Easter release or am I totally wrong? I think I remember them being out about the same time but mamaroo sounds more Mother's Day

ninasidstorm8
03-22-16, 11:34 AM
As always, thank you so much nina! You are so good at doing this! I personally would not know where to start. Would love to get the chocolate rabbit, I have mixed success with the spin to win but never success with bought spins unfortunately. But I may try a few if that was on! Was the mamaroo am Easter release or am I totally wrong? I think I remember them being out about the same time but mamaroo sounds more Mother's Day

Looks like we get the Chocolate Rabbit back for a week of breeding.

I am surprised we didn't get a Spin to Win.

Sandybellee
03-22-16, 11:35 AM
I think the Aries Goal Line will wait another week and we will get a Spin to Win today. Chocolate Rabbit would be a good choice since it is about the only Easter related animal from last year. If I were trying to get some players to buy some spins on the wheel, I would put the Harpy on it to complete the Shamrock set from last year. Hamrock was part of the last value pack and Leopardchaun and Lucky Rabbit are part of the current Value Pack. The Harpy would complete the set.

Chocolate Rabbit seems to be all for this update. So glad to see it back! :) I think I'll buy it if I can't breed it.

Hopefully we'll get the wheel soon.

JeffW60
03-22-16, 11:36 AM
Looks like the Chocolate rabbit is it for today's update. I'm a bit surprised there is no spin to win so we will likely get that Friday.

Sandybellee
03-22-16, 11:38 AM

Mamaroo was released later. I think it was around the same time as the space trio.

Silverrain1
03-22-16, 11:48 AM
Fab, glad the rabbit is back and thanks for the info regarding mamaroo

MaribouMay
03-22-16, 12:05 PM

I recall Mamaroo as a Mother's Day release. I hope they bring her back this May as I wasn't able to breed her.

ninasidstorm8
03-22-16, 12:12 PM
I recall Mamaroo as a Mother's Day release. I hope they bring her back this May as I wasn't able to breed her.

You are correct, the Mammaroo was released on May 8, 2015 for Mother's Day last year.

ninasidstorm8
03-23-16, 09:50 AM
The MAR 22 update gave us another chance to breed the Chocolate Rabbit. S8 has also announced the release of Goldscale, a new Treasure animal for the MAR 25 update. I thought the Mar 22 update was the perfect time for a Spin to Win but it didn’t happen. Spin to Win events come as early as 3 weeks apart, so we are overdue for a new one. If we get the expected 30-round tournament on MAR 29, then we could get a short (3 or 4 day) Spin to Win event starting MAR 25. If a Spin to Win starts on MAR 29, then the 30-round tournament set for that update would have to be postponed. I think it is more likely that we would get a longer Spin to Win after the tournament has been completed, which would be the APR 1 update.

Aires (the ram) is the next Zodiac sign which starts MAR 21. So far the Zodiac Goal line has started on the last release of the month or first release of the following month, so I am projecting a MAR 29 release. This will minimize the overlap with the Hoppy Times Storybook Adventure to the last few days for those who started late. However, I plan to be prepared for the Aires Goal Line to start with rest of the releases this month, in case it’s a little early.

MAR 15:
MAR 22: Re-release of the Chocolate Rabbit
MAR 25: Release of Goldscale Treasure animal
APR 1: Breeding Trio, Storybook Adventure ends, Spin to Win
APR 5:

I'll copy this information to post #2 for easy reference.

JeffW60
03-25-16, 05:30 AM
The MAR 22 update gave us another chance to breed the Chocolate Rabbit. S8 has also announced the release of Goldscale, a new Treasure animal for the MAR 25 update. I thought the Mar 22 update was the perfect time for a Spin to Win but it didn’t happen. Spin to Win events come as early as 3 weeks apart, so we are overdue for a new one. If we get the expected 30-round tournament on MAR 29, then we could get a short (3 or 4 day) Spin to Win event starting MAR 25. If a Spin to Win starts on MAR 29, then the 30-round tournament set for that update would have to be postponed. I think it is more likely that we would get a longer Spin to Win after the tournament has been completed, which would be the APR 1 update.

Aires (the ram) is the next Zodiac sign which starts MAR 21. So far the Zodiac Goal line has started on the last release of the month or first release of the following month, so I am projecting a MAR 29 release. This will minimize the overlap with the Hoppy Times Storybook Adventure to the last few days for those who started late. However, I plan to be prepared for the Aires Goal Line to start with rest of the releases this month, in case it’s a little early.

MAR 15:
APR 5:

I'll copy this information to post #2 for easy reference.

Nina....won't the Storybook be over for the MAR 29 update?

ninasidstorm8
03-25-16, 07:58 AM
Nina....won't the Storybook be over for the MAR 29 update?

Good question. The storybook is over with by MAR 29 for players that started on time (or a day late). You could start the Storybook as late as MAR 21 so the Storybook would end at midnight Pacific Standard Time on MAR 30 for those players. I just used APR 1 as the end time since it is the next update day after everyone is done. The icon spot needs to be free for all players for S8 to use it for a new event.

I had a strange feeling this morning that the next Breeding Trio might start today. Maybe it is because I bred the Racmoon I needed for the Storybook this morning so I have completed the Storybook breeding tasks. Nothing to be done about it anyway. We will see in about 3 1/2 hours.

ninasidstorm8
03-25-16, 11:47 AM
Goldscale released as expected and it is not breedable. Pretty quiet release.

JeffW60
03-25-16, 08:00 PM
I've been playing for about 5 months and I don't remember back to back updates that have been this quiet. We only got the chocolate rabbit on Tuesday and Goldscale on Friday. And that was all. Im guessing next week will be a very busy one, with probably a spin to win, the Aries goal line and a 30 round tournament. It's probably not to the long time players, but to me, considering the brief time I've played...this was a bit of a weird week.

MelodicStars
03-26-16, 08:48 AM
Assuming that the next zodiac goal line (Aries) is coming out soon, would the celestial habitats be on sale? I really want to get all four but I think it's best to get it when it's half off or if there's a gem sale.

GanleeKalinae
03-26-16, 09:05 AM
Assuming that the next zodiac goal line (Aries) is coming out soon, would the celestial habitats be on sale? I really want to get all four but I think it's best to get it when it's half off or if there's a gem sale.

I think the celestial West habitat will probably go on sale when the Aries goal line comes out or maybe the South.

ninasidstorm8
03-28-16, 07:54 AM
The MAR 25 update gave us the previously announced new Treasure animal, Goldscale. Unfortunately, it is not breedable but that seems to be the new trend for Treasure animals. It’s been 3 weeks since the start of the last 30-round tournament, so we should get a new one with the MAR 29 update.

Spin to Win events come as early as 3 weeks apart, so we are overdue for a new one. If we get the expected 30-round tournament on MAR 29, then a new Spin to Win cannot start until after the current Storybook event is over for everybody. That would be the April 1 update.

Aires (the ram) is the next Zodiac sign which starts MAR 21. So far the Zodiac Goal line has started on the last release of the month or first release of the following month, so I am projecting a MAR 29 release. This will minimize the overlap with the Hoppy Times Storybook Adventure to the last few days for those who started late.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. Due to the expected Aires Goal line starting with the MAR 29 release, I think that the Breeding Trio will be postponed until APR 1

Following are my current projections for the next few weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

MAR 15:
APR 5:

I'll copy the information from this post to Post #2 for easy reference.

calvinxx
03-28-16, 10:10 AM
I'm so done with breeding trios I hope we never get them again. They don't bring anything special to the game anymore without a special element and they are just stressful for everyone. I am really looking forward to the Aries goal line though! But I hope that not every single Zodiac animal appears as a goal line. I think it would be fun to switch it up and have some be breedable and some even won as a tournament or storybook prize!! S8 has the potential to have a lot of fun with them

chickenladyx14
03-28-16, 02:26 PM
Trio and goal line animals are what exactly? I am a fairly new player and am not familiar with the terms. TY

ninasidstorm8
03-28-16, 03:03 PM
Trio and goal line animals are what exactly? I am a fairly new player and am not familiar with the terms. TY

A Goal Line animal is a goal that usually consists of 3 to 4 different tasks over a week or so where the prize in an Animal that can only be obtained by completing the goal. The two previous Zodiac animals (Aquarius & Pisces) were Goal Line animals.

A Breeding Trio is a 3 week exercise where you need to breed 2 different Rare animals and then use those two Rare animals to breed a Super Rare animal. The animals in question are released on consecutive updates. For instance, animal 1 could be released on a Tuesday, the following Friday the second animal is released and then the following Tuesday the third animal is released. So you only end up with two weeks to breed the third animal. The Sweetheart Trio (Love Bug, Kissy Cat, XO Ox) was the last Breeding Trio released. The last 2 trios have used only regular elements. Previous to the last 2, a special element was introduced that linked the three animals of the trio together. The Skull Trio consisting of, Sugarskull Glider, Skeletal Steed and Deadwing was the last of this type back in October of last year.

chickenladyx14
03-28-16, 03:12 PM
Oh whee! Sound like hair pullers for sure. Especially for me as I have zero luck breeding what I want.
Thank-you again ninasidstorm8 - are you sick of me and my clueless-ness yet?? :D

ninasidstorm8
03-28-16, 03:20 PM
Oh whee! Sound like hair pullers for sure. Especially for me as I have zero luck breeding what I want.
Thank-you again ninasidstorm8 - are you sick of me and my clueless-ness yet?? :D

Your welcome. You will be an expert in no time.

Sandybellee
03-29-16, 05:45 AM
Looking forward to today's update! I will have 20 hour crops ready to harvest just in case although we most likely won't need them. Can't wait to see what Aries looks like!

MelodicStars
03-29-16, 11:19 AM
When do updates usually occur? I thought new content would show up as soon as the chocolate rabbit left but I'm not seeing anything new.

natxjkkggg
03-29-16, 11:20 AM
I think 8.30

ninasidstorm8
03-29-16, 11:25 AM
When do updates usually occur? I thought new content would show up as soon as the chocolate rabbit left but I'm not seeing anything new.

The Chocolate Rabbit left 1/2 hour before the normal update time. The update time is 11:30 AM Pacific Standard Time.

ninasidstorm8
03-29-16, 12:05 PM
Aries is here as well as a new 30-round tournament. Good Luck to all!!!

natxjkkggg
03-29-16, 12:33 PM
And You have been the real prophet

ninasidstorm8
03-30-16, 08:53 AM
Things went as expected with the MAR 29 update. We have a week to complete the Aries Goal Line and the Boom Bear 30-round tournament started. I am not changing any of my projections but the reasoning for them has been simplified.

Spin to Win events come as early as 3 weeks apart, so we are overdue for a new one. All the icons are filled until the APR 1 update, so that is the earliest date that one could start. It would be the perfect opportunity for an extended Spin to Win (longer than 7 days), so maybe we will get a long one.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. Since the Aires Goal line only lasts a week, there is a good chance a Breeding Trio will start with the APR 1 update. The last few Breeding Trios have overlapped another event by a few days.

The timing of World Events, indicates that one could start by the middle of April. Tax day in the US and Earth Day are coming up, so those are a couple themes S8 could use other than something related to Spring. We could also get a new Battleground sometime in April since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so.

Following are my current projections for the next few weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

APR 5:

chickenladyx14
03-31-16, 10:44 AM
Woo Hoo! Thank-you ninasidstorm8 for your speculations/predictions! I love the Spin-To-Win and World Event and look forward to them. So exciting! :)

matiasabad94
03-31-16, 01:03 PM
Aren't we also due of a new legendary/electric animal?

MaribouMay
04-01-16, 10:55 AM
Looks like TL/S8 has a new trick to allow more than 3 icons on the right hand side of the screen. This showed up in DS this morning, shown partially scrolled.
If it comes to FFS, could it complicate ninasidstorm8's helpful predictions?

Sandybellee
04-01-16, 11:12 AM
Looks like TL/S8 has a new trick to allow more than 3 icons on the right hand side of the screen. This showed up in DS this morning, shown partially scrolled.

Was just coming here to write about the same thing! :D I actually totally forgot it was update day until I got the announcement about the Fool tourney in DS!

Sandybellee
04-01-16, 11:38 AM
Well the world event came out of the blue! I wasn't at all prepared.

JeffW60
04-01-16, 11:51 AM
Well the world event came out of the blue! I wasn't at all prepared.

The second World Event in a row to come completely out of the blue, and like the last one I am totally unprepared.

ninasidstorm8
04-01-16, 11:51 AM

It sure would. Didn't get it right with today's update. I am very surprised that we goat an early World Event again.

GanleeKalinae
04-01-16, 11:52 AM
Same here, no runes prunes at the ready! I wonder how many tokens we will need to collect a day.

ogreve
04-01-16, 11:59 AM
Ditto. And moments before it I bombed all my bombs away for initiating an expansion..
The forest was in "normal operations mode" so there were charm cherries on the farms.
It sure seems like we've gotten a lot of world events the past 4 months. But... The content is pretty. Must have!

ninasidstorm8
04-03-16, 08:44 PM
We received another surprise with the APR 1 update bringing us the World Traveler World Event. This makes two consecutive World Events that have been four weeks apart rather than 6 weeks which had been the previous pattern.

I am thinking there is a good chance that the schedule for the rest of April will mirror the events in March. The first indication of this would be a 30-round tournament with the APR 5 update to provide an opportunity to collect more tokens rather than waiting for an 18-round tournament to start on APR 8.

The big question for the schedule is, will the Storybook Adventure be moved up again as well. I think the APR 12 update could answer this question. If we get a Spin to Win wheel with that update, then I think the Storybook Adventure would occur at the end of the month or beginning of May. If not, then we may see a new Storybook Adventure start with the APR 15 update.

Spin to Win events come as early as 3 weeks apart, so we are long overdue for a new one. If we get a 30-round tournament on APR 5, then the earliest Spin to Win can happen is the APR 12 update. Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I would expect it to begin in the early part of the month.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. It is an Earth sign, so I expect the animal to be a Zodiac/Earth hybrid. Two of the three Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month, so I expect that the Taurus Goal Line will start with the APR 29 update.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in April since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so.

APR 1: World Traveler World Event starts
APR 5: 30-round tournament, Breeding Trio
APR 8:
APR 12: Spin to Win
APR 15: 18 round tournament, World Traveler World Event ends
APR 19:
APR 22:
APR 26: 30-round tournament
APR 29: Taurus Goal Line
MAY 3: 18 round tournament, Storybook Adventure

I'll copy this information to Post #2 for easier reference.

MelodicStars
04-03-16, 10:22 PM
I think the Taurus one will actually be zodiac and nature. Since the celestial south habitat seems to mainly be nature oriented and it's the next one up for sale, it would also line up with the Taurus goal line. I think the elements go accordingly with each sign's element like this:

Fire: fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)
Nature: earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn)
Lightning/Electric: air signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)
Water: water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces)

I might be wrong though! That's just my opinion and most-likely incorrect prediction.

ninasidstorm8
04-04-16, 07:33 AM
I think the Taurus one will actually be zodiac and nature. Since the celestial south habitat seems to mainly be nature oriented and it's the next one up for sale, it would also line up with the Taurus goal line. I think the elements go accordingly with each sign's element like this:

I might be wrong though! That's just my opinion and most-likely incorrect prediction.

You could be correct but I am not sure why they would use Nature for Earth when we have an Earth element. Using Electric for Air makes sense, since there is no Air element. There hasn't been a strong correlation between the elements the habitats hold and the elements for the animals released that I have noticed. I am more interested in what happens with Gemini. Will they start repeating the element combinations as you suggest or will they introduce some of the other elements into the mix such as Dark.

We should know more by the end of the month and we can continue to speculate until then. I am thinking the big surprise at the end involves a Gem/Zodiac hybrid but we have a long wait until then,

Clark_Wayne
04-04-16, 08:12 AM
You could be correct but I am not sure why they would use Nature for Earth when we have an Earth element. Using Electric for Air makes sense, since there is no Air element. There hasn't been a strong correlation between the elements the habitats hold and the elements for the animals released that I have noticed. I am more interested in what happens with Gemini. Will they start repeating the element combinations as you suggest or will they introduce some of the other elements into the mix such as Dark.

We should know more by the end of the month and we can continue to speculate until then. I am thinking the big surprise at the end involves a Gem/Zodiac hybrid but we have a long wait until then,

they introduced a diamond/zodiac hybrid in dragon story (astromancer), so i won't be surprised if we have a gem/zodiac hybrid at the end (and/or a pure zodiac ?) . will it(/they) be breedable or in a goal line ? will be very interesting to see :)

Silverrain1
04-04-16, 10:49 AM

I remember reading something years ago about how there was only 1 female zodiac and all the males wanted her but she only wanted one of them back and there was a quest to find virgos love.

FlatFoot
04-04-16, 11:49 AM

That would be a logical prediction.

MelodicStars
04-04-16, 04:58 PM

I think they could choose nature over earth for a few reasons. In my opinion, I think nature is more visually appealing than earth (in terms of habitat and animals I suppose) And I think it also matches up better with the other habitats (I don't think a rocky, barren wasteland would like very attractive compared to the other habitats, but that's just my opinion) Also, it could be because the other earth signs (Capricorn and Virgo) aren't as earth related as they seem. Capricorn is a sea goat while Virgo is usually represented by a beautiful virgin/maiden, which I think fits in better with a nature element. And even then, I think Taurus could fit in with a nature element too since it is a living, calm bull. But, like you said, we'll have to wait and see.
As for the zodiac-gem hybrid or pure zodiac animal, I think that would be great! I could definitely see it happening and I haven't even thought of that before. Maybe they will make it as Ophiuchus :P maybe you'll need all of the zodiac animals before being able to get it!
Sorry for rambling on, Im just really interested in this kind of stuff (though I do not believe in horoscopes) I find the concept interesting.

MelodicStars
04-04-16, 05:01 PM
That would be a logical prediction.
Thanks for the reply! I just tend to doubt myself. I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt than make a bold statement that turns out to be wrong. Either way, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

JeffW60
04-04-16, 06:37 PM
I think 30 round tournament would be welcome by a lot of us with tomorrow's update. I need every opportunity I can find to earn the travel sign tokens. This world event is going to be dicey as to whether I can complete it.

ninasidstorm8
04-04-16, 07:32 PM
I think they could choose nature over earth for a few reasons. In my opinion, I think nature is more visually appealing than earth (in terms of habitat and animals I suppose) And I think it also matches up better with the other habitats (I don't think a rocky, barren wasteland would like very attractive compared to the other habitats, but that's just my opinion) Also, it could be because the other earth signs (Capricorn and Virgo) aren't as earth related as they seem. Capricorn is a sea goat while Virgo is usually represented by a beautiful virgin/maiden, which I think fits in better with a nature element. And even then, I think Taurus could fit in with a nature element too since it is a living, calm bull. But, like you said, we'll have to wait and see.
As for the zodiac-gem hybrid or pure zodiac animal, I think that would be great! I could definitely see it happening and I haven't even thought of that before. Maybe they will make it as Ophiuchus :P maybe you'll need all of the zodiac animals before being able to get it!
Sorry for rambling on, Im just really interested in this kind of stuff (though I do not believe in horoscopes) I find the concept interesting.

When I mentioned the surprise if we collect them all, I was referring to the following Flatfoot post from the Aquarius thread.

The Aquarius is on its way and with it comes Storm8's first multipart habitat! Collect the Celestial East, South, West, and North to connect all four and create a grand display for all twelve Zodiac animals! The fourth stage of each Zodiac animal has a new, special astral themed treatment that signifies their great cosmic importance.

As you can imagine, every month or so will introduce the next in the Zodiac line, so keep your eyes open for your birth sign's creature! What would happen if a caretaker collected all twelve powerful Zodiacs...? Guess we'll have to find out!

I doubt they would actually give us a Gem/Zodiac hybrid but perhaps some special way of getting one. Ophiuchus, would be an appropriate name for a Gem/Zodiac since it is the 13th sign.

Sandybellee
04-05-16, 01:53 AM

But the zodiac habitats use all the elements. (They were all released with the first zodiac animal Aquarius.) I expect there to be a zodiac hybrid for each basic element (fire, nature, earth, electric, dark) in the game. We'll see.

I agree that it is very possible that the big surprise is a gem-zodiac hybrid.

natxjkkggg
04-05-16, 02:22 AM
But we Do not have gemhybrids of valentine, service skull, spring and so on!!!!!!

ninasidstorm8
04-05-16, 07:22 AM
But we Do not have gemhybrids of valentine, service skull, spring and so on!!!!!!

That is true but we don't have twelve of them either only 3 or 4.

55lee55
04-05-16, 11:36 AM
I think 30 round tournament would be welcome by a lot of us with tomorrow's update. I need every opportunity I can find to earn the travel sign tokens. This world event is going to be dicey as to whether I can complete it.

I too would like to see another way to earn travel sign tokens as well since I brushed the screen on my iPhone and accidentally lost 1000 gems to a trap so I don't have them to spend to speed breed as I would usually do. Does anyone have a prediction for today's update? Another 30 round tournament? Something else? I hope we don't get a spinner because I don't have gems for extra spins.

ninasidstorm8
04-05-16, 11:37 AM
looks like S8 decided to stick with the normal tournament schedule and wait until Friday. One new animal for this release Spring Wing a Dark/Nature Rare on sale for 200 gems.

natxjkkggg
04-05-16, 11:39 AM
I got a 13 Hour Timer Dark/ natur?????

ninasidstorm8
04-05-16, 11:44 AM
I got a 13 Hour Timer Dark/ natur?????

Sounds like a winner.

chickenladyx14
04-05-16, 12:03 PM
Maybe the new Spring Wing? I sure want one of those beauties!

55lee55
04-05-16, 12:11 PM
Maybe the new Spring Wing? I sure want one of those beauties!

Me too. No luck so far but there is time. I sure like the new animals that are coming out lately!

chickenladyx14
04-05-16, 12:19 PM
I love the moths, bugs, and the bees! Good luck 55lee55 on breeding a new Spring Wing! :)
And please keep us posted natxjkkggg when you can finally see your "sure-to-be-a-beauty" egg! :)

Doompicnic
04-05-16, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a winner.

I got 13 hour timer as well. Hmm I wonder!

JeffW60
04-05-16, 01:29 PM
A very quiet update today, so I'm guessing a tournament on Friday. Just as well I suppose. My Sapphire Cthulhu still has another 24 hours in the den then 45 on the nest. I took that time to bring my Lucky Duck and Sheriff of Naughtyham out of storage. After that I'll need a bit more food to raise my Sapphire.

FlatFoot
04-05-16, 05:15 PM
Just you guys and gals wait till Tuesday :p

calvinxx
04-05-16, 10:47 PM
Just you guys and gals wait till Tuesday :p

Oh no this scares and excites me lol I'm gonna go ahead and pray for expansions because without them I can't place anymore habitats

ninasidstorm8
04-06-16, 07:59 AM
Oh no this scares and excites me lol I'm gonna go ahead and pray for expansions because without them I can't place anymore habitats

I hope you are correct. I wouldn't mind a new feature like a crafting station or a way to raise animals to level 20, but I fear if it is a new feature, it will be the Leaderboard Challenge from Dragon Story.

JeffW60
04-06-16, 08:51 AM
So we know we are looking at a tournament Friday. Flatfoot's comment about Tuesday's update is intriguing. Seems to indicate a 'big' update. I don't expect a storybook but most everything else is probably on the table.

ninasidstorm8
04-06-16, 09:02 AM
I thought that we might see a Battle Arena tournament yesterday but it looks like we are maintaining the regular tournament schedule and we should see a new 18 round tournament with the MAR 8 update with an Orangubang as the prize. There is a small chance it could be a 30-round tournament but I believe that we have only seen a 30-round tournament starting on a Friday once before.

The big question for the schedule is, will the Storybook Adventure be moved up again. I think the APR 12 update will answer this question. Flatfoot indicated that something special will happen with that update. It could be the start of a new Storybook a Breeding Trio, a major expansion or the introduction of some new feature. For now, I am planning on a new Storybook coming with the APR 12 update even though I don’t think it is likely to occur. I think a major expansion or a new feature will require an App update, so I will be looking for an App update for an indication of what is going to happen.

If we don’t get a Storybook Adventure with the APR 12 update, then we could get a Spin to Win wheel instead. If that happens, then I think the Storybook Adventure would occur at the end of the month or beginning of May. If we get an APR 12 Storybook Adventure, then the earliest a Spin to Win will happen is the APR 22 update.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I would expect it to begin in the early part of the month. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. It is an Earth sign, so I expect the animal to be a Zodiac/Earth hybrid. Two of the three Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month, so I expect that the Taurus Goal Line will start with the APR 29 update.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in April since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so.

Following are my current projections for special events for the next few weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

APR 5:
APR 8: 18 round tournament, Breeding Trio
APR 12: Storybook Adventure
APR 15: World Traveler World Event ends
APR 19: 30-round tournament
APR 22: Spin to Win
APR 26:
APR 29: 18 round tournament, Taurus Goal Line

I will copy this information to Post #2 for easy reference.

Clark_Wayne
04-06-16, 11:46 AM
I hope you are correct. I wouldn't mind a new feature like a crafting station or a way to raise animals to level 20, but I fear if it is a new feature, it will be the Leaderboard Challenge from Dragon Story.

if they put leaderboard challenge in FFS , i won't do it (unless i'm in a non-players group :D) : too much stress . no way i'm doing this again !

Silverrain1
04-06-16, 02:24 PM
Hope this doesn't sound silly but what does a leaderboard challenge entail?

ninasidstorm8
04-06-16, 03:11 PM
Hope this doesn't sound silly but what does a leaderboard challenge entail?

In Dragon Story they divided players into groups of 20 and they competed against each other for a week to get various prizes. Some of the prizes were for reaching various milestones similar to a World Event but one Dragon prize was only awarded to the players that finished either 1st or 2nd in their group. Many players did not like the idea of competing against each other. It was introduced to DS last week.

chickenladyx14
04-06-16, 03:18 PM
Then the new/newer players would be at a disadvantage right from the start? With no gem sales available, and gold, food being in constant short supply, it would be hard to compete in/for anything.

ninasidstorm8
04-06-16, 03:39 PM
Then the new/newer players would be at a disadvantage right from the start? With no gem sales available, and gold, food being in constant short supply, it would be hard to compete in/for anything.

It seemed like the groups of 20 players were chosen in such a way that the players were at similar points in the game. Since it is a feature of another S8 game, this is probably not the place to go into too much detail. If anyone is curious what the DS players had to say about it, refer to the following thread.

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?90309-Skylord-Leaders-Event-March-29-2016

chickenladyx14
04-06-16, 03:46 PM
TY ninasidstorm8 and sorry for the de-rail. Still trying to find my way around here. :)

JeffW60
04-06-16, 03:49 PM
I thought that we might see a Battle Arena tournament yesterday but it looks like we are maintaining the regular tournament schedule and we should see a new 18 round tournament with the MAR 8 update with an Orangubang as the prize. There is a small chance it could be a 30-round tournament but I believe that we have only seen a 30-round tournament starting on a Friday once before.

The big question for the schedule is, will the Storybook Adventure be moved up again. I think the APR 12 update will answer this question. Flatfoot indicated that something special will happen with that update. It could be the start of a new Storybook a Breeding Trio, a major expansion or the introduction of some new feature. For now, I am planning on a new Storybook coming with the APR 12 update even though I don’t think it is likely to occur. I think a major expansion or a new feature will require an App update, so I will be looking for an App update for an indication of what is going to happen.

If we don’t get a Storybook Adventure with the APR 12 update, then we could get a Spin to Win wheel instead. If that happens, then I think the Storybook Adventure would occur at the end of the month or beginning of May. If we get an APR 12 Storybook Adventure, then the earliest a Spin to Win will happen is the APR 22 update.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I would expect it to begin in the early part of the month. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February.

Following are my current projections for special events for the next few weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

APR 5:
APR 26:

I will copy this information to Post #2 for easy reference.

The Apr 12 update will be an interesting one. You mention an app update......I believe the last one we had was in mid Feb., going on two months ago, so we are due one at any time.

JeffW60
04-06-16, 03:53 PM
In Dragon Story they divided players into groups of 20 and they competed against each other for a week to get various prizes. Some of the prizes were for reaching various milestones similar to a World Event but one Dragon prize was only awarded to the players that finished either 1st or 2nd in their group. Many players did not like the idea of competing against each other. It was introduced to DS last week.

I honestly don't like the idea of competing against other players, so I hope that feature does not come to this game.

ninasidstorm8
04-06-16, 03:56 PM
The Apr 12 update will be an interesting one. You mention an app update......I believe the last one we had was in mid Feb., going on two months ago, so we are due one at any time.

I am just speculating that if S8 introduces a new feature or a major expansion that they would need to modify the App, thus an update. I am wondering what is going to be special about the APR 12 update. I guess we'll see.

ninasidstorm8
04-06-16, 03:58 PM
TY ninasidstorm8 and sorry for the de-rail. Still trying to find my way around here. :)

No problem, I just figured since I sort of started it, I should try to stop it before we get too much off topic and the moderators have to intervene. :)

kooky panda
04-06-16, 04:09 PM
Too Late!!!! LOL... Thanks for getting back on topic guys!

HappyHeartBakery
04-07-16, 04:32 AM
I am just speculating that if S8 introduces a new feature or a major expansion that they would need to modify the App, thus an update. I am wondering what is going to be special about the APR 12 update. I guess we'll see.

I Hope if there's an app update it will help with my constant game crashing of late, & help with the missing collection issues. How bought for every 10 times expanded, you get one free:). Hard enough to expand (& now with crashing issues again, the mines are the worst).... A girl can dream;)

ninasidstorm8
04-07-16, 11:51 AM
I suspect some changes are underway today. It seems that every time some significant changes are being made to the game that requires a lot of information to download to the App, I get a glitch where everytime I switch to the App when it is in the background, it freezes for a few seconds and then crashes. I can restart the App and everything works fine. It also starts up fine if I force close it rather than let it go to the background. I think it is due to data being downloaded to the App. Anyway, it's been happening again this afternoon, so I suspect that something significant is going to happen soon. My guess is that it is prep work for the something significant we are expecting for the APR 12 update.

JeffW60
04-07-16, 01:19 PM
I suspect some changes are underway today. It seems that every time some significant changes are being made to the game that requires a lot of information to download to the App, I get a glitch where everytime I switch to the App when it is in the background, it freezes for a few seconds and then crashes. I can restart the App and everything works fine. It also starts up fine if I force close it rather than let it go to the background. I think it is due to data being downloaded to the App. Anyway, it's been happening again this afternoon, so I suspect that something significant is going to happen soon. My guess is that it is prep work for the something significant we are expecting for the APR 12 update.
I've noticed the same thing today. The app is acting a little weird. It has frozen and crashed two or three times today.

AuroraLava
04-08-16, 07:15 AM

Crafting!!!!!! Oh yeah! I would love being able to trade duplicates for parts and then use those to craft like in DS. That would make the deluge of fairy ferrets more pleasant since we could use the ferret bits to craft something new.

natxjkkggg
04-08-16, 08:09 AM
Whats crafting means???

ninasidstorm8
04-08-16, 08:43 AM
Whats crafting means???

Crafting is a Dragon Story feature (using a Spell Shop building) where you can craft Dragons or decorations using materials gathered from other tasks in the game. Including pieces obtained from Dragons that you trade for crafting material.

bike9620
04-08-16, 10:31 AM
Previous or current Special Events

World Event: World Traveler 04/01/2016 to 04/15/2016
Storybook Event: Hoppy Times 03/18/2016 to 04/01/2016
Spin to Win: Friar Duck 02/23/2016 to 03/01/2016
18 Round Tournament: Georaffe 03/18/2016 to 03/20/2016
30 Round Tournament: Boom Bear 03/29/2016 to 04/03/2016
Zodiac Goal Line: Charging Comets (Aries) 03/29/2016 to 04/05/2016
Breeding Trio: Sweetheart Trio 02/02/2016 to 02/23/2016

I have copied the following from my post in the later in this thread. Last update APR 6, 2016.

The big question for the schedule is, will the Storybook Adventure be moved up again. I think the APR 12 update will answer this question. Flatfoot indicated that something special will happen with that update. It could be the start of a new Storybook a Breeding Trio, a major expansion or the introduction of some new feature. For now, I am planning on a new Storybook coming with the APR 12 update even though I don?t think it is likely to occur. I think a major expansion or a new feature will require an App update, so I will be looking for an App update for an indication of what is going to happen.

If we don?t get a Storybook Adventure with the APR 12 update, then we could get a Spin to Win wheel instead. If that happens, then I think the Storybook Adventure would occur at the end of the month or beginning of May. If we get an APR 12 Storybook Adventure, then the earliest a Spin to Win will happen is the APR 22 update.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I would expect it to begin in the early part of the month. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven?t had one start since the beginning of February.

APR 5:
APR 26:

We really need another evolution flower. I have 26 eggs in storage and never have time to evoluve because we have to always be trying to breed "something".

natxjkkggg
04-09-16, 01:16 AM
Hello ninasidstorm8,
You are right with the tournament 18, but what Do You think for tuesday. Storybook?? Breeding Trio ? Or something completely new and mysterious??

HappyHeartBakery
04-09-16, 04:06 AM
Well if Tuesday's update is NOT an app upgrade I could be in big trouble.

The game crashing for me is ridiculous. At this point the only way I can open the game is to delete it & re-install.
& I just lost some more runes in the mines. Makes hourly tournament attempts a little tricky. It's only this game as I play 3 other games on the same device. Very frustrating

ninasidstorm8
04-09-16, 08:18 AM
Hello ninasidstorm8,
You are right with the tournament 18, but what Do You think for tuesday. Storybook?? Breeding Trio ? Or something completely new and mysterious??

We haven't seen an App update yet but we have a couple more days until the next update. I am planning for a Storybook Adventure but I think it is too soon for one. I think a Storybook with a Mother's Day (May 8) theme (Mother Goose perhaps) at the end of the month would make more sense. Since Flatfoot seems to be focused on designing new animals, I am wondering if the something special may be a new Gem hybrid and not a new feature. It's been almost 3 months now since the release of the Garnet Griffin. We could get a new element or they could introduce three element animals. I am better at predicting existing patterns than trying to identify something completely new, but it is an interesting exercise to think about.

We are so long overdue for a Breeding Trio and a Spin to Win wheel, that I am thinking that S8 may have decided on a major change to them. I would like to see the Breeding Trio return with new animals reusing some of the previous elements from existing trios and World Events or new elements. Trios with the common elements are just not that interesting.

JeffW60
04-09-16, 08:33 AM
We haven't seen an App update yet but we have a couple more days until the next update. I am planning for a Storybook Adventure but I think it is too soon for one. I think a Storybook with a Mother's Day (May 8) theme (Mother Goose perhaps) at the end of the month would make more sense. Since Flatfoot seems to be focused on designing new animals, I am wondering if the something special may be a new Gem hybrid and not a new feature. It's been almost 3 months now since the release of the Garnet Griffin. We could get a new element or they could introduce three element animals. I am better at predicting existing patterns than trying to identify something completely new, but it is an interesting exercise to think about.

We are so long overdue for a Breeding Trio and a Spin to Win wheel, that I am thinking that S8 may have decided on a major change to them. I would like to see the Breeding Trio return with new animals reusing some of the previous elements from existing trios and World Events or new elements. Trios with the common elements are just not that interesting.

I do believe we will get an app update next week but that's just a guess. Do you think it possible that with that update we might get a whole new area in which to expand?

ninasidstorm8
04-09-16, 08:53 AM
I think it will take an App update to get a major new expansion area and I do believe that it is something that the FFS designers are working on. However, given the release of the 7 new plots, I think that was a stop gap measure to buy some time while they work on the major expansion. So, I believe that a major expansion is at least a month or more in the future but I hope that I am wrong. It is a tough balancing act between making more room available and keeping the resources usage low enough that people can still play on resource limited devices without crashing all the time.

JeffW60
04-09-16, 09:03 AM
I think it will take an App update to get a major new expansion area and I do believe that it is something that the FFS designers are working on. However, given the release of the 7 new plots, I think that was a stop gap measure to buy some time while they work on the major expansion. So, I believe that a major expansion is at least a month or more in the future but I hope that I am wrong. It is a tough balancing act between making more room available and keeping the resources usage low enough that people can still play on resource limited devices without crashing all the time.

It will be interesting to see what Tuesday brings us. Could be any number of things. I'm a long way from having to worry about room to expand. At this point I only have 32 habitats, and I have plenty of room to expand in every area.

I've thought about the possibility of a new gem hybrid as well. Not sure how long they typically go before introducing a new one but we are at about 3 months since the last one. Then of course we might be looking at something completely new. I anxiously await Tuesday.

ogreve
04-11-16, 02:08 AM
Well, we'll see.
I only have 3 more purple plots left, and the new ones that were opened recently (3 or 7 or so?) but those expansions come slowly, so I'm hardly breeding for anything else but gem hybrids now. My storage has become a true secondary forest with dozens of animals in it that will perhaps never see the light of day if the game continues the way it is.
In order to get them deployed we would need:
-A slowdown in the release rate of new animals.
-2 or 3 nests to hatch eggs, with a single breeding den.
-Faster expansion rate.

So, my focus is on just doing short breeding attempts at Sapphire Cthulhu, the last gem-hybrid that I need, until a new one is released. I kinda like the Tree Frog, but it would be another animal that will want a house. I'm close to making a new expansion. Maybe later today or tomorrow I'll switch to that.
Experience has shown me that I may fare better at Sapphire during the next Storybook. ;)

Ever since creating my A-team of fighters about a year ago I've not missed a single tournament animal, but the motivation to continue in tournaments is waning, as winning another one only means that another animal gets added to the secondary forest called "Storage". Not much fun that way. I'm also glad that I'm not a true must-have-them-all collector. That at least has gotten me to just follow my own breeding agenda, instead of jumping on all new content the moment it is released.

It sure would be nice if something significantly new is released feature wise. The Zodiac animals and multi-part habitats are a good start. Maybe tri-element animals, maybe better battle possibilities (e.g. tournaments/battlegrounds where fights occur with 3 animals vs. 3 animals instead of 1-on-1). Or perhaps a new element, even if through the previously so despised trio strategy.
Dunno. Anything truly challenging at least.

A new gem hybrid would be great too: gem-earth, gem-dark and gem-electric all have only one such hybrid, so I would soon expect a new one, and my guess is that gem-earth will come first.

NannaSherry
04-11-16, 07:37 AM
Well, we'll see.
I only have 3 more purple plots left, and the new ones that were opened recently (3 or 7 or so?) but those expansions come slowly, so I'm hardly breeding for anything else but gem hybrids now. My storage has become a true secondary forest with dozens of animals in it that will perhaps never see the light of day if the game continues the way it is.
In order to get them deployed we would need:
-A slowdown in the release rate of new animals.
-2 or 3 nests to hatch eggs, with a single breeding den.
-Faster expansion rate.

So, my focus is on just doing short breeding attempts at Sapphire Cthulhu, the last gem-hybrid that I need, until a new one is released. I kinda like the Tree Frog, but it would be another animal that will want a house. I'm close to making a new expansion. Maybe later today or tomorrow I'll switch to that.
Experience has shown me that I may fare better at Sapphire during the next Storybook. ;)

Ever since creating my A-team of fighters about a year ago I've not missed a single tournament animal, but the motivation to continue in tournaments is waning, as winning another one only means that another animal gets added to the secondary forest called "Storage". Not much fun that way. I'm also glad that I'm not a true must-have-them-all collector. That at least has gotten me to just follow my own breeding agenda, instead of jumping on all new content the moment it is released.

It sure would be nice if something significantly new is released feature wise. The Zodiac animals and multi-part habitats are a good start. Maybe tri-element animals, maybe better battle possibilities (e.g. tournaments/battlegrounds where fights occur with 3 animals vs. 3 animals instead of 1-on-1). Or perhaps a new element, even if through the previously so despised trio strategy.
Dunno. Anything truly challenging at least.

A new gem hybrid would be great too: gem-earth, gem-dark and gem-electric all have only one such hybrid, so I would soon expect a new one, and my guess is that gem-earth will come first.

Ogreve I couldn't agree more with you on every point. My storage literally has dozens of newly won animals that I can't bring out either for lack of habitat space or no time to evolve. So another evolution egg or another option way to get to 70 runes for expanding. Say like 100 million coins. (I know that sounds ridiculous but some of us have half a billion!) Its a little disproportionate what coins we have as opposed to everything else. Maybe putting some habitats on a spin wheel? That would be a wonderful grand prize and at least give us a chance. Or one world events make the final prize a habitat?

ninasidstorm8
04-11-16, 08:43 AM
The APR 8 update gave us the expected 18-round tournament with an Orangubang as the prize. The big question for the schedule is, will the Storybook Adventure be moved up again. I think the APR 12 update will answer this question. Flatfoot indicated that something special will happen with that update. It could be the start of a new Storybook a Breeding Trio, a major expansion or the introduction of some new feature. For now, I am planning on a new Storybook coming with the APR 12 update even though I don’t think it is likely to occur. I think a major expansion or a new feature will require an App update, so I will be looking for an App update for an indication of what is going to happen. My current guess is that we will see a new Gem animal

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I think it’s a little late to see one this month, since it would overlap with the next Storybook and Zodiac Goal Line. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. It is an Earth sign, so I expect the animal to be a Zodiac/Earth hybrid (others are guessing Zodiac/Nature). Two of the three Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month, so I expect that the Taurus Goal Line will start with the APR 29 update.

APR 5:
APR 26:
MAY 3: Breeding Trio

I'll copy this information to Post #2 for easy access.

JeffW60
04-11-16, 03:16 PM
The APR 8 update gave us the expected 18-round tournament with an Orangubang as the prize. The big question for the schedule is, will the Storybook Adventure be moved up again. I think the APR 12 update will answer this question. Flatfoot indicated that something special will happen with that update. It could be the start of a new Storybook a Breeding Trio, a major expansion or the introduction of some new feature. For now, I am planning on a new Storybook coming with the APR 12 update even though I don’t think it is likely to occur. I think a major expansion or a new feature will require an App update, so I will be looking for an App update for an indication of what is going to happen. My current guess is that we will see a new Gem animal

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I think it’s a little late to see one this month, since it would overlap with the next Storybook and Zodiac Goal Line. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. It is an Earth sign, so I expect the animal to be a Zodiac/Earth hybrid (others are guessing Zodiac/Nature). Two of the three Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month, so I expect that the Taurus Goal Line will start with the APR 29 update.

APR 5:
APR 26:

I'll copy this information to Post #2 for easy access.

I honestly don't know what to expect with this update. Possibly something new given Flatfoots comment. A Storybook is certainly a possibility. I've been hoarding food the past few days and am at about 190k, so I am ok there. I wnst to raise my Sapphire to epic soon, and will be hatching my Quartz in few hours that I will want to raise. But I will wait until tomorrow before I do that. If no Storybook then I'll begin to raise both.

Going to be interesting tomorrow.

FlatFoot
04-11-16, 06:25 PM
Oh man, I over-hyped it haha. I just like something that's coming out.

matiasabad94
04-11-16, 07:20 PM

well that was anti climatic

saucysammis
04-11-16, 07:28 PM

Haha, that may be....The hype/speculation has got to me: I've planted 20 hr crops even tho I need to plant high yield crops. I'm breeding for tree frog but leaving the gem animals out of it so my nest will be ready tomorrow. I have just earned enough runes to expand but I'm holding out till tomorrow's update. Lastly, I am checking the App Store for update notices.

Clark_Wayne
04-11-16, 07:42 PM
i don't think there will ever be a tri-elements animals in FFS
unlike dragon story, animals animation in FFS use lot of memory resource .
it is probably the same problem that makes new expansions so difficult.

battle with 3 animals vs 3 animals ? remind me another dragons apps LOL
i'm glad we are staying 1 vs 1 : it is already hard to do 1 vs 1 ;) but i would agree if we can do 3 battles every 3h instead of 1 every hour :D this way i won't need to connect every hour. the 1 battle limit is sometimes hard for me so the possibility to do 3 at once would be a good change

in battleground we can do 2 at once , even more if we got energy from some battles, so i'm sure it is possible to change arena limit. now do they want ? that's a commercial question ;)

ogreve
04-12-16, 02:05 AM
battle with 3 animals vs 3 animals ? remind me another dragons apps LOL

Any Resemblance to Actual Games, Active or Expired, is Purely Coincidental

Ahem.
O.k., "guilty as charged"... ;)
But.. seeing that you know where the idea came from, I wonder if you too agree that such a format allows for more creativity and challenges in the fights or not?
As you're surely very aware too then, "over there" there are several more exciting aspects of the fights, like what you can do to the elements and the levels of the fighters.

I wouldn't really want S8 to make a copy of all of that, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of those aspects in FFS too. The "3 vs. 3" format surely would be the easiest to implement.

Anyway, I hope FFS also will release some exciting new features too!
I really like FFS, but it is getting a bit repetitive when only new content is added that can hardly be deployed and when no new features are added that give some more gameplay...

HappyHeartBakery
04-12-16, 04:02 AM
Haha, that may be....The hype/speculation has got to me: I've planted 20 hr crops even tho I need to plant high yield crops. I'm breeding for tree frog but leaving the gem animals out of it so my nest will be ready tomorrow. I have just earned enough runes to expand but I'm holding out till tomorrow's update. Lastly, I am checking the App Store for update notices.

Ditto;)

natxjkkggg
04-12-16, 04:26 AM
But is it really usefull to plant runeprunce for a possibly coming storybook ?? In all former storybooks the First chapter has been to visit some members and planting something with very short timer!

ogreve
04-12-16, 06:15 AM
Correct. But it would probably be a "just in case" scenario, in case some goal line animal or so out of the blue comes along the lines.
Maybe S8 picked up on ninasidstorm8's projections and intentionally started messing a bit with the schedule or not, but it has certainly become harder to do precise predictions, so it may indeed not be too bad an idea to have Rune Prunes on the farms before the update times.
I myself am not doing this, however, as I've been bringing several animals (Zodiac and gem ones, so costly) to epic level the past few weeks, so I need to grow the high capacity foods as much as possible...

ninasidstorm8
04-12-16, 08:28 AM
But is it really usefull to plant runeprunce for a possibly coming storybook ?? In all former storybooks the First chapter has been to visit some members and planting something with very short timer!

There is really nothing to do to prepare for a Storybook other than having a large supply of food ready. The first few Storybooks, it was useful to have a free Nest and empty farms since the first animal was the prize for Chapter 1. This way you could complete Chapter 1 right away , hatch the first animal and start evolving it. However, the last 2 Storybooks have moved the first animal prize to Chapter 2, so the first 1/2 day of the Storybook (Chapter 1) has become little more than a signal that the Event has started.

When I am not sure what is going to happen with an update, I try to plant Nexus Nuts about 5 hours before the update time as a kind of compromise between gathering food and having some crops with some significant time on them ready to harvest.

ninasidstorm8
04-12-16, 08:37 AM
My current guess for today's update is a Spin to Win. After FlatFoot's latest comment, I am even more convinced that the surprise for today is a cool looking animal that is either a prize for the Spin to Win or a separate release. If the cool animal is a separate release, it could very well be a Gem Hybrid since the last one was released at the beginning of the year. If we are still having Spin to Wins, today is the perfect time for one that could last 7 days since the there will be a gap in the icons until the APR 19 update where a 30-round tournament should start.

I am as ready as I can be for a new Storybook but I don't think we will see a new Storybook until the end of the month. I like the idea of a Mother Goose Storybook for Mother's Day (May 8)

JeffW60
04-12-16, 09:11 AM
Nina, do world events and Storybooks typically overlap? I'm trying to remember if it has happened since I've been playing. I am prepared if one starts today but would prefer if one started Friday or next week.

ninasidstorm8
04-12-16, 09:27 AM
Nina, do world events and Storybooks typically overlap? I'm trying to remember if it has happened since I've been playing. I am prepared if one starts today but would prefer if one started Friday or next week.

Typically, they do not overlap, although they could for a few days between Battle Arena tournaments (like today). If they do overlap, then one must end before the next Battle Arena tournament starts since they all use icons. The next tournament should start APR 19 and the World Event will end APR 15.

Like I said in my earlier post, I am ready for one to start today as well but I think it is more likely that the Storybook Adventure will start at the end of the month or beginning of May. I am hoping for a Spin to Win today.

jojopeanut
04-12-16, 10:51 AM
Excited to see what today brings. Lot's of discussion on this app update.

Sandybellee
04-12-16, 10:58 AM
Very much looking forward to a fun update! It's been a loooooooong day (had what I like to call a neverending meeting. :p )

ninasidstorm8
04-12-16, 11:31 AM
A new Gem animal Onyx Direwolf Gem/Dark. A little disappointed there is no Spin to Win.

chickenladyx14
04-12-16, 11:37 AM
1,100 gems? Holy Moley!! I had better get saving up my gems. (but unfortunately, I am addicted to speed breeding). :D

Silverrain1
04-12-16, 11:39 AM
Omg! I love, love, love it!

ogreve
04-12-16, 11:39 AM
A new Gem animal Onyx Direwolf Gem/Dark. A little disappointed there is no Spin to Win.

Well, NO disappointment on my end!
I *love* gem hybrids and this is a pretty one!
I like this far better than any Spin to Win event.
When my nest and den clear from yet another Sapphire Cthulhu fail, I shall directly switch to that formula.
Niceness!
And, as always: A GREAT design Flatfoot!

@Sandybellee: come on gal, we're both in the same boat! Let's see who gets it first (without full scale speeding): Jasper, or your Unicorn! You can do it! Something nice to focus on when you're on an 'FFS low'. ;)

jojopeanut
04-12-16, 11:41 AM
The way the discussion predictions went WAY over hyped wishful thinking for today lol unless of course there is an app update not in the play store yet .. I love a new gem hybrid though will be trying for sure...

Sandybellee
04-12-16, 11:47 AM
Well, NO disappointment on my end!
I *love* gem hybrids and this is a pretty!
When my nest and den clear from yet another Sapphire Cthulhu fail, I shall directly switch to that formula.
Niceness!
And, as always: A GREAT design Flatfoot!

@Sandybellee: come on gal, we're both in the same boat! Let's see who gets it first (without full scale speeding): Jasper, or your Unicorn! You can do it! Something nice to focus on when you're on an 'FFS low'. ;)

Yay! I'm super excited about this one too!!! Great design! So nice to have a new legendary to try for! :)

I'm in, Olafo! I'll keep breeding gem with dark and nature though for a possibility to get Trick-or-Treent, Spring Wing and QQ too. Good luck! Hopefully we both breed one soon! :)

Good luck to everyone else too!

ogreve
04-12-16, 11:54 AM
Yay! I'm super excited about this one too!!! Great design! So nice to have a new legendary to try for! :)

I'm in, Olafo! I'll keep breeding gem with dark and nature though for a possibility to get Trick-or-Treent, Spring Wing and QQ too. Good luck! Hopefully we both breed one soon! :)

Good luck to everyone else too!

Game on, gal! (all in good spirit of course) :)
We'll both manage to breed this beauty for sure. Some day.... :D
I will probably put in a few straight gem-dark attempts and then may switch to gem + water-dark, as I also need the Sapphire Cthulhu and dark-water is one of the very rare combinations of which I still need several permanent breedables.
Nice! Fun breeding times are ahead of us! :)

JeffW60
04-12-16, 01:41 PM

Nina, do you think it's possible that spin to win is being phased out? Seems like we have been expecting one for a while.

Also, what are your projections for Friday's update? A storybook is still a possibility it seems with the tendency lately of moving stuff up. A tournament?

ninasidstorm8
04-12-16, 02:45 PM
Nina, do you think it's possible that spin to win is being phased out? Seems like we have been expecting one for a while.

Also, what are your projections for Friday's update? A storybook is still a possibility it seems with the tendency lately of moving stuff up. A tournament?

Since we didn't get a Spin to Win today, there is an empty icon slot for a Storybook Adventure. I think that either S8 has decided to make a major change to the Spin to Win or it was not very profitable. So it's either being phased out or it will happen a lot less often than in the past. Just as I was thinking the Goal Line animals were being phased out, the Zodiac animals released as Goal Line animals started. So you never know.

Five of the 7 Storybook Adventures so far have started on a Friday so that is another thing pointing to a Friday Storybook. A 10 day Storybook starting on Friday would also end in time for the start of the next Zodiac Goal line. So there is a lot pointing to a Friday Storybook. I plan to be ready for a Storybook on Friday, but I have a feeling that it won't happen until after the start of the Taurus Goal line at the end of the month.

I don't think we will have the next tournament until the APR 19 update. The tournament schedule has been the most reliable part of the schedule over time. Normally a deviation in the tournament schedule indicates S8 needs to squeeze in some special event for a date related event theme and I am not aware of any such dates coming up before Mother's Day.

That was probably as clear as mud. Bottom line there are a lot of things pointing to an early Storybook Adventure starting Friday but my general feeling is that we won't see one until the end of the month or beginning of May.

HappyHeartBakery
04-13-16, 04:59 AM
Correct. But it would probably be a "just in case" scenario, in case some goal line animal or so out of the blue comes along the lines.
Maybe S8 picked up on ninasidstorm8's projections and intentionally started messing a bit with the schedule or not, but it has certainly become harder to do precise predictions, so it may indeed not be too bad an idea to have Rune Prunes on the farms before the update times.
I myself am not doing this, however, as I've been bringing several animals (Zodiac and gem ones, so costly) to epic level the past few weeks, so I need to grow the high capacity foods as much as possible...

Yes - lately I felt like we've been kept on our toes with the updates. And I always forget to be prepared. Was happy with myself for remembering to try to be prepared just in case;). Turns out maybe the nexus nuts would be sufficient so I can do a better job of increasing food supple more quickly for all these very hungry animals;). We'll see what Friday brings😃

JeffW60
04-13-16, 06:02 PM
I honestly don't know what to expect with Friday's update. With the world event ending there will be 2 open icon spots. It's s bit early for a storybook but indications point to that given the spots available and the tendency to start them early. I have a good amount of food...220k...and I will soon have 3 gem hybrids that I want to raise to epic, so that will require a ton of food. I'll see what happens Friday before I use too much food and just keep hoarding it.

ninasidstorm8
04-14-16, 04:39 PM
The APR 12 update gave us a new Gem animal, the Onyx Direwolf. With the World Traveler World Event and the Arboar value pack ending with the APR 15 update, all three icons will be open. One will probably be taken by a new Value Pack and a second one will be reserved for the next 30-round Battle Arena tournament expected to start with the APR 19 update.

We are way overdue for a Spin to Win event. Only 2 of the 9 Spin the Wheel events have started on a Friday and I think if we were going to get one, it would have started on Tuesday. We could have a Storybook start early. If one starts with the APR 15 update, it would still be completed before the expected Taurus Goal Line. I am planning for a Storybook on APR 15 but I expect that it will wait until the end of the month.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I think it’s a little late to see one this month, since it would overlap with the Zodiac Goal Line. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. It is an Earth sign, so I expect the animal to be a Zodiac/Earth hybrid (others are expecting Zodiac/Nature). Two of the three Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month, so I expect that the Taurus Goal Line will start with the APR 29 update.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in April since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. The APR 15 update would be a good time to start a new one.

APR 5:
APR 12:
APR 15: Storybook Adventure, World Traveler World Event ends
APR 22:
APR 26: Spin to Win

I will copy this information to Post #2 for easy access.

natxjkkggg
04-15-16, 01:15 AM
The attraction of the breeding trios in the past was a new single element of the third animal. This we has been missing the last 2 or 3 trios. We all I think wish back this Form of breeding something new instead of Filling up our " storage forest" ever and ever with known element animals!!

ogreve
04-15-16, 11:40 AM
So.... A new storybook it is!
And, once again Flatfoot made some stunning blackish artwork; nice I like that a lot!

bubz94
04-16-16, 03:38 AM
HELP NEEDED - I have a friend that plays this as well as myself, she has the icecream animals but does not have the habitat and you can buy the habitat , the habitat isn't in habitats anymore so will she leave them in storage and hope the habitat comes around again ?

Sandybellee
04-16-16, 03:43 AM
HELP NEEDED - I have a friend that plays this as well as myself, she has the icecream animals but does not have the habitat and you can buy the habitat , the habitat isn't in habitats anymore so will she leave them in storage and hope the habitat comes around again ?

The habitat was a prize from the same event as the ice cream animals. If she doesn't have it in storage she must have sold it. It has never been available to buy. She needs to email support at support@storm8.com .

bubz94
04-16-16, 05:07 AM
Okay thank you for your help. She just looked in her storage and surprise it was there so she's happy out, thank you for your help ☺️

JeffW60
04-18-16, 07:38 AM
So Nina, are we looking at a possible 30 round tournament for tomorrow's update?

ninasidstorm8
04-18-16, 08:40 AM
So Nina, are we looking at a possible 30 round tournament for tomorrow's update?

That is what I think.

ninasidstorm8
04-18-16, 08:58 AM
The Dust to Destiny Storybook Event started with the APR 15 update and a new Value Pack was made available. This helps set the schedule for the rest of the month. The APR 19 update should start a new 30-round Battle Arena tournament. So I don’t have any changes to the projected schedule.

We are way overdue for a Spin to Win event. If the tournament schedule remains in place, the earliest the Spin to Win can start is the APR 26 update.

Breeding Trios usually occur approximately 6 weeks apart, so one could start at any time. They last 3 weeks, so I think it’s a little late to see one this month, since it would overlap with the Storybook Adventure and the next Zodiac Goal Line. I am wondering if S8 is reworking the Breeding Trio feature, since we haven’t had one start since the beginning of February.

Taurus is the next Zodiac sign that runs between APR 19 and May 20. It is an Earth sign, so I expect the animal to be a Zodiac/Earth hybrid (others are expecting Zodiac/Nature). Two of the three Zodiac Goal lines have started on the 29th of the month, so I expect that the Taurus Goal Line will start with the APR 29 update.

We could also get a new Battleground sometime in April since we seem to get a new one every 3 months or so. The APR 22 update would be a good time to start a new one.

APR 5:
APR 12:
APR 15: Dust to Destiny Storybook Adventure, World Traveler World Event ends
APR 22:
APR 26: Spin to Win
APR 29: 18 round tournament, Taurus Goal Line, Dust to Destiny Storybook Adventure ends

Clark_Wayne
04-19-16, 06:15 AM
anyone noticed that we can scroll more to the right ?

wonder what kind of new stuff will be there :D

JeffW60
04-19-16, 07:13 AM
anyone noticed that we can scroll more to the right ?

wonder what kind of new stuff will be there :D
I've noticed that as well. It is interesting to speculate. We are due for an app update. Last one was in mid February. Maybe when we get one a new area will open up.

ogreve
04-19-16, 07:29 AM
I sure hope we'll get a bunch more of blue plots; I did issue that request a few times, so with any luck TL has picked up on that and will give us expansions on the "blues". I requested some yellowish grounds too, and in light of Flatfoot's recent additions, a blackish (lava?) area wouldn't be all that bad either. :P
I'd be very happy with more blues. I want to move the three winter-based habitats to a different place so the current topmost blue shelf become gem-only. Well, fingers crossed.

HappyHeartBakery
04-19-16, 07:32 AM
I've noticed that as well. It is interesting to speculate. We are due for an app update. Last one was in mid February. Maybe when we get one a new area will open up.

Please send us an app update!
I fear I may be saying goodbye to FFS very soon. The game crashing for me is almost unbearable. At this point when I want to get into FFS I have to 1st clear my cache, then delete the app, then reinstall the app and see how long it will stay open before crashing again. Makes it very hard to actually do anything:( I have tried all support suggested 'fixes' and still, this is where I am. I play 4 other games regularly on the same device without issue. Logic makes one think it is Not my device but the GAME:(

Silverrain1
04-19-16, 10:26 AM
Just noticed the scrolling to the right when I read this. This is soooo exciting. I'm not desperate for space yet but it's always on the back of my mind that I might run out of space. I love this game and have put lots of time and money into it and don't want it to suddenly end! Iv got 9 spaces available to expand to and 6 farms so I can't complain about space yet but more plots would be amazing!!

jojopeanut
04-19-16, 11:15 AM
Cool I don't need new expansions yet. But I've held off on upper blue shelf saving for winter. Maybe it'll be more blue expansions though. One that's needed most.

ninasidstorm8
04-19-16, 11:37 AM
Shocker. No tournament. Just another chance to breed a Dripmunk that I already have. I am a bit disappointed.

JeffW60
04-19-16, 11:37 AM
No tournament today. We got ''Dripmunk', which is water/earth and is rare.

I'm a bit surprised that we didn't get a tournament. I would think we will almost certainly get one Friday.

Sandybellee
04-19-16, 11:40 AM
Hmm... I tried very hard for Dripmunk when it first came out and didn't get it. But now I don't think I'll even want to try for it with the Storybook and trying for Direwolf and Trick-or-Treent.

Silverrain1
04-19-16, 11:45 AM
I was lucky to get two dripmunks last time it was round so I'm good on this one

chickenladyx14
04-19-16, 11:48 AM
Dripmunk is a water/earth so I will try for it when the storybook requires breeding with Rock Rhino in Chapter 6. Wish me luck! :)

ninasidstorm8
04-19-16, 11:53 AM
Dripmunk is a water/earth so I will try for it when the storybook requires breeding with Rock Rhino in Chapter 6. Wish me luck! :)

Before you finalize that decision, you may want to peek ahead to Chapter 7. Act 2 is Hatch a Armordillo (Earth/Fire).

JeffW60
04-19-16, 11:58 AM
Before you finalize that decision, you may want to peek ahead to Chapter 7. Act 2 is Hatch a Armordillo (Earth/Fire).
I was just about to point out the same thing. I've learned the hard way on these storybooks that you have to be very careful in planning ahead.

chickenladyx14
04-19-16, 11:58 AM
Thanks ninasidstorm8 but I will never make it that far in the storybook :( At least I will be getting Mouseguard who I love the best!
My food supply is about nil and I won't be buying any more gems (to skip that step) until corporate gives every player the same opportunities when it comes to gem sales and value packs.
Good luck to you and all players! :)

JeffW60
04-19-16, 02:40 PM
I would think that Friday's update will give us a 30 round tournament. There are several things that are possibilities over the the few updates. A breeding trio is due any time. A spin to win could drop at any time...assuming it hasn't been shelved. A new battleground could come at any time, as well as an app update. Lots of possibilities.