PDA

View Full Version : Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

jojopeanut
12-12-15, 08:57 PM
Caved and bought TinkersToyShop habitat so happy I did. It's beyond my expectations! The artisans really do outstanding designs on habitats. Right down to the smallest details smoke from the chimney, paw prints in the snow. Love it. Now I only need a Christmas tree for my forest :)

sweetdeda
12-13-15, 05:56 AM
Caved and bought TinkersToyShop habitat so happy I did. It's beyond my expectations! The artisans really do outstanding designs on habitats. Right down to the smallest details smoke from the chimney, paw prints in the snow. Love it. Now I only need a Christmas tree for my forest :)

I too broke down and bought it this morning, and am also very glad I did. It is beautiful, looks very nice next to my gem and winter wonderland habitats.

ninasidstorm8
12-14-15, 09:52 AM
The last update was a bit of a surprise as we started a 6-day tournament on Friday for the first time this year. Normally that tournament would have started with the DEC 15 update. That puts the tournament schedule up in the air for the rest of the month. The next tournament could start on DEC 22 or wait until DEC 29.

The latest Storybook Adventure ends today so that will free up one icon spot for either a Spin to Win or the World Event to start with the DEC 15 update. World Events typically run for 14 days although a few have lasted 17 days. Since the App update indicated it’s a Christmas themed event, I expect that the World Event will start DEC 15. That means the Spin to Win cannot start until the DEC 18 update. If it starts then, the next tournament will not start until the DEC 29 update. I think this is the most likely scenario since it means nothing special happens with the DEC 25 update, so S8 can either move it up a day or just not do an update then. If they give us a 10-day Spin to Win and a 17-day World Event, nothing would even end on that day.

Although we are overdue for a Goal Line animal, I cannot see it happening while we are breeding a trio, so I don’t think we will see one until after the New Year. Based on these facts I have projected the following special items for the rest of December.

DEC 1 – Storybook Adventure (ends DEC 14)
DEC 4 – 18-round tournament
DEC 8 –
DEC 11 – 30-round tournament, – Breeding Trio 1st Animal available
DEC 15 – Breeding 2nd trio Animal starts, World Event
DEC 18 - Breeding 3rd trio Animal starts, Spin to Win
DEC 22 -
DEC 25 – This update may be moved up a day or skipped
DEC 29 – 30-round tournament

Refer to post#211 for information on FFS World Events and some tips to prepare for one.

MaribouMay
12-14-15, 12:13 PM
My timer for this tournament started at 5 days 12 hours and 27 minutes when it popped up on my game but it says the tournament is for 6 days. Does anyone know if this is what the timer should be showing up as or is it wrong?26817

Both are correct. The timer is more precise and the icon in the game rounds up. So the icon will say 3 days when the timer says 2 days 3 hours and 13 minutes.

ninasidstorm8
12-14-15, 04:33 PM
Just finished planting my 20 hour crops for the World Event that I anticipate starting tomorrow.

jojopeanut
12-14-15, 08:27 PM
Just finished planting my 20 hour crops for the World Event that I anticipate starting tomorrow.

I WISH for this to happen tomorrow..perfect timing for Unicorn to hatch she'll be ready tomorrow afternoon. To bad evolutions don't count my Charger will be out of the flower about the same time.

ogreve
12-15-15, 01:55 AM
Hmmm, it feels like we only just completed the Sweet Candy world event, so in that respect I'm not so happy to be getting another one already, especially since we will be abroad from December 25th - January 4th and I'm not sure yet if we'll have (regular) internet access. We'll see, but one thing is for sure: ninasidstorm8 certainly very often gets it right or close to it, so even if no world event starts tonight, it is bound to happen Friday or next Tuesday or so... I did miss out on advance planting Rune Prunes and doing so at this time would have them be done at a time that's not optimal. But... in some 30 minutes another batch of Charm Cherries is done, so I'll probably plant Rune Prunes then. As I'm running on only 5 Grand Farms at the moment and as I'll be hampered by being abroad for a substantial part of the event (if any), I may speed-hatch some of the animals from storage that I want to get deployed. No need, nor possibility to do that at this very moment though, as I too decided to buy the Tinkerer's Workshop before it's gone.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO THOSE WHO ARE CONSIDERING BUYING THE TINKERER'S WORKSHOP:
Today's splash screen of that habitat has a clear timer, that ends in 3 days from now, being around (or up to 1 hour BEFORE) Friday's update. It's a lovely habitat and if you'd like to get it, make sure to buy it in time!

Both yesterday and today I had (have) gem sales. In case TL is reading along I'd like to iterate that this is definitely the way they can get me to spend real money and/or gems on the game: have gem sales and have sales of these lovely premium habitats. With exception of some very special animals they don't tend to "get me" with limited animals and/or other animal sales, but the habitats are *very* hard to resist indeed and are what I most often spend money on. I think that's not an uncommon thing to do among the players, especially since expansions come so slowly and animals so fast, it's difficult to house them all. I recently bought a Candy Canyon, a Winter Wonderland and now also a Tinkerer's Workshop. That's a grand total of 600 gems, which is the same as the sale price of the Treasure animals, yet I didn't buy any of those, as a small boycot measure (not that TL is likely to "feel that" very much, but still, it's a small statement).
Definitely a thing I hope TL considers when thinking of removing key animals from the game!!! :( :( :(

Anyway, on a happier note, as I could only JUST buy the habitat I had a long think about it, especially as my "grand scheme" for the upper blue plots will require one Winter Wonderland and 7 Big/Grand Gem Coves. But... I decided to take it easy with that scheme and to only construct new Big Gem Coves there when a new combination of gem-hybrid is bred. I currently have 2 Big Gem Coves (housing the Crystal Unicorns and Ruby Razorbacks) and one Grand Gem Cove (bought on sale last summer), housing gem-nature. So, in time the aim will be to get a dedicated habitat for the following combinations too: gem-earth, gem-water, gem-dark and gem-electric. Something tells me that many a moon will pass before I'll see the end of that, so if that time comes around I'll figure out some way to relocate one of the winter habitats elsewhere. As it is, I *may* decide to move the Winter Wonderland away then, as it's aura shines brightly on the surrounding animals; a thing which I like at this time but maybe I'll get bored with it at a different time.
The upper blue shelf sure looks a lot nicer to me now that I've gotten rid of the Big Water Way and put the Tinkerer's Workshop on its spot! The Glacial Griffin sure appears to enjoy its new home. :)
And... especially for this screenshot all of the gem animals were briefly "home" too: a rare sight, as at least one of them tends to be in the den 24/7 and at this moment some of them are still taking turns in the flower too. I love the way the Quartz Quetzalcoatl takes the prime position and as a true "top dog" overlooks the entire forest -- it does wisely stay a good distance away from the Gold Lion Lava Lagoons though, where Ember reigns. :D

Sandybellee
12-15-15, 02:24 AM

Once again I completely forgot to plant rune prunes! Well, 8 hour crops will have to do...

ogreve
12-15-15, 03:05 AM
Same here. I considered planting Rune Prunes this morning still but then they'd end a bit early in the morning and I'd gain only a few items more from them when sticking with 8 hour crops. The good news about the 8 hour ones is that if we don't get a world event tonight, I can directly fall back to Charm Cherries and Nexus Nuts again for raising my animals. :P
I'm kinda hoping tonight sees a spin to win, or perhaps both. At this moment I don't really know how well I'll be able to handle the trio and a world event when we're abroad. We'll have to see, I guess.

Sandybellee
12-15-15, 04:29 AM
Same here. I considered planting Rune Prunes this morning still but then they'd end a bit early in the morning and I'd gain only a few items more from them when sticking with 8 hour crops. The good news about the 8 hour ones is that if we don't get a world event tonight, I can directly fall back to Charm Cherries and Nexus Nuts again for raising my animals. :P
I'm kinda hoping tonight sees a spin to win, or perhaps both. At this moment I don't really know how well I'll be able to handle the trio and a world event when we're abroad. We'll have to see, I guess.

Exactly what I was thinking! I need all the apples I can get since I just fed two hungry Money Badgers to level 15 so if there's no world event today, it's back to charm cherries and nexus nuts. :) Spin to win would be very welcome tonight!

Silverrain1
12-15-15, 11:49 AM
Eek, only got 4 grand farms and I big farm just now, hopefully b able to expand very soon!

Doompicnic
12-15-15, 11:59 AM
Once again I completely forgot to plant rune prunes! Well, 8 hour crops will have to do...

I collected mine not even thinking about the update ugh..forgot about that.

ninasidstorm8
12-15-15, 12:48 PM
Looks like a Spin to Win wheel today instead. This time its for 10 days.

Silverrain1
12-15-15, 12:50 PM
Looks like a Spin to Win wheel today instead. This time its for 10 days.

My first go..... Coins! Great, one thing I don't need. Well that and I already have a toy poodle, would love the others tho! Would b so nice to have the other Christmas animals!

sweetypies97
12-15-15, 01:11 PM
aren't they usually for 7 days?? great! more chances to win!

ninasidstorm8
12-15-15, 01:25 PM
aren't they usually for 7 days?? great! more chances to win!

The first 4 were for 7 days but in Dragon Story they have been for both 7 and 10 days.

HappyHeartBakery
12-16-15, 08:23 AM
Anyone else having trouble with mining again? I seem to have huge delays while trying to mine. Makes it really hard to get any runes & expand:(

Sandybellee
12-17-15, 02:52 AM
I collected mine not even thinking about the update ugh..forgot about that.

Let's try to remember to plant Rune Prunes today for tomorrow's update!

I'm such a scatter-brain this time of the year. Maybe I should write myself an actual note about it on the fridge door or something. :D

Sandybellee
12-17-15, 02:57 AM
Anyone else having trouble with mining again? I seem to have huge delays while trying to mine. Makes it really hard to get any runes & expand:(

I just mined 13 bombs and the mine took more time than usual loading between a few of them. I exited and saved my progress a couple of times just to be sure. I never push the "expand now" button in the mine when I have enough runes. Instead, I exit the mine and find one of the expand signs in the forest. Expanding now!

sweetdeda
12-17-15, 04:59 AM
Let's try to remember to plant Rune Prunes today for tomorrow's update!

I'm such a scatter-brain this time of the year. Maybe I should write myself an actual note about it on the fridge door or something. :D
So is the consensus that we will have a world event tomorrow's update? I much rather plant nexus nuts overnight but do plant rune prunes during the world events. I think Ogreve said it, seems like we just finished the candy animal world event, maybe just because it's such a busy time for me everything seems to be running together.

Sandybellee
12-17-15, 07:27 AM
So is the consensus that we will have a world event tomorrow's update? I much rather plant nexus nuts overnight but do plant rune prunes during the world events. I think Ogreve said it, seems like we just finished the candy animal world event, maybe just because it's such a busy time for me everything seems to be running together.

There's no way to know for sure, but I'm going to prepare for it in any case. We are getting very close to Christmas, so it's bound to start soon.

ninasidstorm8
12-17-15, 08:50 AM
One of the description lines on the DEC 1 version 1.5.4 update of the app is the following: Participate in the Christmas World Event to win holiday animals , awesome decor, and other fun prizes. Typically we wouldn't see another World Event for a couple of weeks but since the App update specifically refers to one for Christmas, I would expect it to start soon. I think trying to find a spot for the World Event has caused the variation in the tournament schedule, the last few weeks.

I have been saving up my explosives and will plant my 20 hour crops in a little less than 8 hours.

ninasidstorm8
12-17-15, 09:25 AM
Well the FFS crew decided to give us a 10 day Spin to Win with the last update instead of the World Event, so I anticipate that the World Event will start with the DEC 18 update instead. It is the last thing promised in the App update that hasn’t been released yet.

Since the Spin to Win is scheduled to last 10 days, it is possible that we could have a 3 day tournament starting on DEC 25 but I am thinking that S8 will pull that update ahead a day or eliminate it all together. Then we could return to the normal tournament schedule with a 30 round tournament starting DEC 29.

Although we are overdue for a Goal Line animal, I cannot see it happening while we are breeding a trio, so I don’t think we will see one until after the New Year. Based on these facts I have updated the December schedule including my projections for the rest of the month.

DEC 1 – Storybook Adventure (ends DEC 14)
DEC 4 – 18-round tournament
DEC 8 –
DEC 11 – 30-round tournament, – Breeding Trio starts (21 days)
DEC 15 – Spin to Win (10 day)
DEC 18 - World Event
DEC 22 -
DEC 25 – This update may be moved up a day or skipped
DEC 29 – 30-round tournament

Refer to post#211 for information on FFS World Events and some tips to prepare for one.

Sandybellee
12-17-15, 12:56 PM
Ok, I've got my rune prunes planted on my 5 grand farms. That will mean 100 collectibles ready to be collected if the world event starts tomorrow. Since the expansion I started today takes 19 hours + however long to clear the obstacles, I can get a 6th farm earliest tomorrow so the headstart is definitely important.

MaribouMay
12-17-15, 01:44 PM
Ok, I've got my rune prunes planted on my 5 grand farms. That will mean 100 collectibles ready to be collected if the world event starts tomorrow. Since the expansion I started today takes 19 hours + however long to clear the obstacles, I can get a 6th farm earliest tomorrow so the headstart is definitely important.

All my expansions have been 12 hours for several months now. It doesn't seem to depend on where the expansion is. Are you certain it is 19 hours for you? Hopefully, it is 12. I know I am not the only one with 12 hour expansions now.

skeexix
12-17-15, 03:14 PM
All my expansions have been 12 hours for several months now. It doesn't seem to depend on where the expansion is. Are you certain it is 19 hours for you? Hopefully, it is 12. I know I am not the only one with 12 hour expansions now.

Just did an expansion on lower blue shelf....19 hours.

ogreve
12-17-15, 03:50 PM
Mine used to be 19 hours too, but shortly after having expanded to the Solar Bear plot they dropped to 12 hours (I wrote about that in the Solar Bear thread). I initially thought it was the "special feature" that the Solar Bear brings to the forest, but... some people reported in that thread that they have also expanded to the Solar Bear yet didn't see their expansion times drop.
I still suspect it has something to do with the Solar Bear or something like that. Maybe it's associated to the Solar Bear having been evolved or so. I don't know. The thing that I do know is that I normally keep a close eye on all sorts of timers etc. and my expansions were 19 hours for a LONG time. The one to the Solar Bear plot was also still 19 hours and then the next or the one thereafter was already 12 hours, as were all others after it, including those that I made on the upper blue plots.

MaribouMay
12-17-15, 04:08 PM
Mine used to be 19 hours too, but shortly after having expanded to the Solar Bear plot they dropped to 12 hours (I wrote about that in the Solar Bear thread). I initially thought it was the "special feature" that the Solar Bear brings to the forest, but... some people reported in that thread that they have also expanded to the Solar Bear yet didn't see their expansion times drop.
I still suspect it has something to do with the Solar Bear or something like that. Maybe it's associated to the Solar Bear having been evolved or so. I don't know. The thing that I do know is that I normally keep a close eye on all sorts of timers etc. and my expansions were 19 hours for a LONG time. The one to the Solar Bear plot was also still 19 hours and then the next or the one thereafter was already 12 hours, as were all others after it, including those that I made on the upper blue plots.

My expansion time switched to 12 hours before I expand to the Solar Bear.

Sandybellee
12-17-15, 04:49 PM
Just did an expansion on lower blue shelf....19 hours.

Mine was also on the lower blue shelf and 19 hours.

MaribouMay
12-17-15, 08:18 PM
Mine was also on the lower blue shelf and 19 hours.

Maybe it is location. It has been a long time since I finished expanding the lower blue shelf. Please let us know if other locations are still 19 hours for you. I am curious.

Sandybellee
12-17-15, 11:42 PM
I will let you know when I expand somewhere else.

In the meantime, was very annoyed to see a 33:19:59 timer when I started clearing the obstacle. I didn't remember those were also on the lower shelf. Then I put in another breeding and what pops up? 44:59:59!! Wow! This may alter my plans since this would be an ideal time to hatch some animals from storage... Will have to think this through.

Edit: I moved some decorations into storage and was able to fit a big farm in front of the breeding den... I was sure it wouldn't go there or I would have tried that yesterday. Well, that solves the farm problem! :)

ogreve
12-18-15, 01:35 AM
Maybe it is location. It has been a long time since I finished expanding the lower blue shelf. Please let us know if other locations are still 19 hours for you. I am curious.

I don't think so. Mine were 19 hours everywhere (green, purple, lower blue and upper blue) and ever since it dropped to 12 hours for the first time, everywhere I've expanded was 12 hours. I hope to be able to expand on a green spot today. Should that be anything else than 12 hours, I'll let you know.

Sandybellee
12-18-15, 02:16 AM
Big problem! There's another obstacle behind Winter Wonderland that I can't start clearing! The aurora and the trees of Winter Wonderland are blocking me from clicking the obstacle and I have no room to move the habitat out of the way. What can I do besides wait until I have another 70 runes to expand again?

Edit: Ok, found a solution, although not an ideal one. I can sell the evolution flower when it's empty, move Wonderland there, click the obstacle and start removing it, move the habitat back and buy the evolution flower again. Quite a hassle to remove an obstacle!!!

ogreve
12-18-15, 03:05 AM
Edit: Ok, found a solution, although not an ideal one. I can sell the evolution flower when it's empty, move Wonderland there, click the obstacle and start removing it, move the habitat back and buy the evolution flower again. Quite a hassle to remove an obstacle!!!

I had that EXACT same issue with the Wonderland!
At the time that I stumbled upon that obstacle I had my second Unicorn in the flower. I then had no option but to sell one of my Grand Farms (which I had just constructed again the night before) and put the Wonderland there in order to clear the foliage.
BTW: the blue plots are particularly annoying in this aspect, the topmost one has no fewer than 8 (!) obstacles (some with very short clearing times), I've had it previously happen that I thought I had cleared an entire blue spot there and there still was a further Fail Shale there that then caused a FURTHER 33:20 hours delay. Ever since, I figured out a trick to see what needs to be cleared away: select a big habitat and hover that over the spot you're clearing: now you'll see the grid below it, with the obstructed spaces marked in red. That's a GREAT way to be sure that you've selected ALL obstacles.

As for me: I got lucky bombing and the 3 bombs from the Storking (yay!) gave me 7 runes: exactly enough to reach the required 70 runes!
This time I expanded on the lower green shelf: 12 hours again.

Sandybellee
12-18-15, 03:19 AM
Yes, that's how I noticed the second obstacle - hovering a habitat over it. I also had many occasions of missing an obstacle before so I started doing that to make sure. I almost didn't do it this time but I was suspicious of there being just one obstacle in that plot. :p

I have the Citrine in the flower now but it will be finished today so it won't cause too much of a delay (unless that rock is a 33:20 fail shale...) Very annoying when the obstacles are unreachable like this!

Congrats on another 12 hour expansion! I wonder if the 12 hour expansion time has to do with the total number of expansions one has made? You definitely have more expansions that I do, so that could explain it.

ogreve
12-18-15, 03:45 AM
Congrats on another 12 hour expansion! I wonder if the 12 hour expansion time has to do with the total number of expansions one has made? You definitely have more expansions that I do, so that could explain it.

Could be. Another possibility is that it was triggered by having expanded to "a certain plot". Apparently it then wouldn't be that of the Solar Bear, but it would then have to be one very close to it on the purple plots, as those are the only plots I expanded to when my number of hours dropped.
Another possibility is that it is associated to one's XP level. I don't know how much it was when my expansions dropped, but it's currently at 3,827,675. Maybe it dropped after passing for example 3,500,000 or so?
Something must have triggered it for some players, whereas others haven't (yet) had this trigger....

Meanwhile: I think we MAY be getting a 3rd winter habitat with tonight's release. As the Winter Wonderland was already fully removed and the Tinkerer's Workshop expires tonight (unless only the sale of it expires), where else would we have to put the animals of the upcoming world event?
I'm REALLY hoping though that we will simply be getting a special habitat as one of the World Event prizes, just like used to be the case previously. If not, then I hope it can be bought with coins. The other habitats have taken a severe "gem toll". :O

I *am* really hoping that the world event will start tonight: I planted Rune Prunes in time and as of tonight I can finally be back to 6 Grand Farms and I have a 15 hour Storking on the nest. As we'll be abroad from Dec. 25th - Jan. 3rd, I have no idea if I can play FFS so I would at least like to have triggered the 600 items stage such that I will not miss out on the community prizes before then. And... I "sacrificed" 20 hours of Nexus Nuts + Charm Cherries growings by choosing to plant Rune Prunes, so it would suck if that was done in vain...

sweetdeda
12-18-15, 05:00 AM
I *am* really hoping that the world event will start tonight: I planted Rune Prunes in time and as of tonight I can finally be back to 6 Grand Farms and I have a 15 hour Storking on the nest. As we'll be abroad from Dec. 25th - Jan. 3rd, I have no idea if I can play FFS so I would at least like to have triggered the 600 items stage such that I will not miss out on the community prizes before then. And... I "sacrificed" 20 hours of Nexus Nuts + Charm Cherries growings by choosing to plant Rune Prunes, so it would suck if that was done in vain...

Planting rune prunes really hurts my food supply, I did it Monday night for Tuesdays update, just in case and again last night. Since the storybook ended I have been able to get 4 animals out of storage, it takes a lot to level that many animals plus the first of the trio, even just to level seven. I've been working on north polarbear, no epic and rocking horse, level 12, my food supply is lingering right around 100,000, and I really like to keep it higher for storybooks. I know it will awhile before we get another but planting rune prunes for the work event is definitely not going to help my supply. I might halt leveling some animals for a bit just to rebuild it.

MaribouMay
12-18-15, 08:37 AM
Could be. Another possibility is that it was triggered by having expanded to "a certain plot". Apparently it then wouldn't be that of the Solar Bear, but it would then have to be one very close to it on the purple plots, as those are the only plots I expanded to when my number of hours dropped.
Another possibility is that it is associated to one's XP level. I don't know how much it was when my expansions dropped, but it's currently at 3,827,675. Maybe it dropped after passing for example 3,500,000 or so?
Something must have triggered it for some players, whereas others haven't (yet) had this trigger....

That is possible. I have had 12 hour expansions for a while (current xp level is 5,332,489). Or it could have changed after a certain number of expansions.

I am not convinced that there is a trigger. S8 has been testing out things and have not been consistent with all players in DS. The free gems for watching videos became 100 food for watching each video. Some have the food all along, some get time off of a food planting. Changing expansion times is a bigger disparity, but ...

Taking off my suspicious hat, I think number of expansions or xp level are the most likely triggers.

ogreve
12-18-15, 01:05 PM
Wow this is a massive update that we got today!
Good thing that I did advance plant Rune Prunes and that I'm close to being back to 6 farms.
Lovely new habitat too! Again it looks like a must-have. Fortunately it's going to be available for 24 days so there is time to amass gems (or buy them if a sale comes around).
The breeding part will be somewhat challenging: that new deer is lovely but it takes fire-electric... Yet I may go for it as there are few fails.
It will be a bit difficult to combine with the other breedable a without introducing several fails with clumsily long timers. I'll have to think a bit about a good formula...

saucysammis
12-18-15, 01:11 PM
Good thing that I did advance plant Rune Prunes and that I'm close to being back to 6 farms.
Lovely new habitat too! Again it looks like a must-have. Fortunately it's going to be available for 24 days so there is time to amass gems (or buy them if a sale comes around).
The breeding part will be somewhat challenging: that new deer is lovely but it takes fire-electric... Yet I may go for it as there are few fails.
It will be a bit difficult to combine with the other breedable a without introducing several fails with clumsily long timers. I'll have to think a bit about a good formula...

I bought the habitat. It is fabulous. The gems I earn added to those bought for Black Friday are finally dwindling. Also glad I planted rune prunes.

Thought I've been having: It may be that the new creature drops gems.

ThynaSmith
12-18-15, 01:22 PM
omg, omg, omg! I think I just bred a Gold Lion!! *-*

I saw the new Secret Antler, and decided I really like it, so I put my Reckless Roc and my Jingle Shells on the den, and i got an 21 hours timer! What else can it be?

Silverrain1
12-18-15, 01:22 PM
I will let you know when I expand somewhere else.

In the meantime, was very annoyed to see a 33:19:59 timer when I started clearing the obstacle. I didn't remember those were also on the lower shelf. Then I put in another breeding and what pops up? 44:59:59!! Wow! This may alter my plans since this would be an ideal time to hatch some animals from storage... Will have to think this through.

Edit: I moved some decorations into storage and was able to fit a big farm in front of the breeding den... I was sure it wouldn't go there or I would have tried that yesterday. Well, that solves the farm problem! :)

I have had issues getting the obstacles because I couldn't see them due to the swan lake habitat. But iv found if u just keep tapping near where u think the block is, I eventually get the spot I want to remove. Just b very careful as I often tap on the other obstacles that are being cleared and those fail shales and harmful hemlocks take a long time so would be a pricy gem cost if u accidentally pressed to speed them

Silverrain1
12-18-15, 01:25 PM

Love the animal! But I'm not sure if iv even got the second trio animal yet. I got my first 15 hour timer today so going to speed that very soon. I really hope it's the Storking. Then I need to choose to try for third animal, new animal or noelelephant!

ThynaSmith
12-18-15, 01:26 PM
And what an awesome update!! Thank you, TL, you didn't disappoint!

HappyHeartBakery
12-18-15, 01:30 PM
I got my secret present - but it's missing. Can't find it in forest or storage?? Anyone else having this issue?

Woo. After 2nd force close it appeared in storage. Thank goodness

31aug2002
12-18-15, 01:40 PM
I got my secret present - but it's missing. Can't find it in forest or storage?? Anyone else having this issue?
I had the same problem , reloaded the game and there it was. It's very small so you tend to miss it in all your other stuff!!!!

ogreve
12-18-15, 01:40 PM

It's so secret that you can't see it...:D
More seriously: try force-closing the game and then reopening it, hopefully you see it in your storage then. If not, contact support ASAP...

31aug2002
12-18-15, 01:42 PM
omg, omg, omg! I think I just bred a Gold Lion!! *-*

I saw the new Secret Antler, and decided I really like it, so I put my Reckless Roc and my Jingle Shells on the den, and i got an 21 hours timer! What else can it be?
Congratulations on your gold lion!! It's one of my favorite animals in the forest!!!

ThynaSmith
12-18-15, 01:44 PM
Thank you, 31aug2002! I had been trying for it for a long time, inbetween Gem Hybrids tries... Finally got it!!

Sandybellee
12-19-15, 12:11 PM
I have had issues getting the obstacles because I couldn't see them due to the swan lake habitat. But iv found if u just keep tapping near where u think the block is, I eventually get the spot I want to remove. Just b very careful as I often tap on the other obstacles that are being cleared and those fail shales and harmful hemlocks take a long time so would be a pricy gem cost if u accidentally pressed to speed them

I didn't have any luck getting it to activate so I sold the evolution flower and moved the habitat out of the way. Unfortunately it was a 33:20 fail shale... :p
But the good news was that the evolution flower only costs 500 coins and takes all of 5 seconds to build! I may start selling it more often to rearrange my forest. :)

Silverrain1
12-20-15, 03:13 AM
I didn't have any luck getting it to activate so I sold the evolution flower and moved the habitat out of the way. Unfortunately it was a 33:20 fail shale... :p
But the good news was that the evolution flower only costs 500 coins and takes all of 5 seconds to build! I may start selling it more often to rearrange my forest. :)

I was luckily able to get all of mine doing that, but have to tap around like crazy! U r right tho, sometimes the best move is to sell the flower, cheap and quick to get back. I had to do that during the last story book, I only had 5 farms and all of that food to get, so whenever an animal needed evolved I sold a farm and bought the flower then when it had finished I sold the flower and bought the farm. Although it takes a while to build u can get a grand farm by only spending 1 gem. And let's face it, money is no longer an issue for buying anything!

calvinxx
12-20-15, 03:57 PM
OMG GUYS I JUST HAD THE GREATEST IDEA EVER. New Tree of Life creature. Christmas Treent!!! It could be Xmas/Tree of Life element and be red and white and bred with Nature/Fire. I would be ecstatic if they did this

sweetdeda
12-20-15, 04:12 PM
OMG GUYS I JUST HAD THE GREATEST IDEA EVER. New Tree of Life creature. Christmas Treent!!! It could be Xmas/Tree of Life element and be red and white and bred with Nature/Fire. I would be ecstatic if they did this

That's an awesome idea! I can truly invision it. You should post it in the suggestions thread.

chippychan
12-22-15, 11:42 AM
I'm really hoping today's update won't include a tournament because I won't be around to make a tournament thread (I'm heading out now to do my final last-minute Christmas shopping). I don't think it will since the game already has 2 events going right now that are displayed down the right of the game-screen (spin-to-win & holiday world event) and they'll surely fill the 3rd slot with a value pack.

I'm thinking it might be a quiet update. Maybe some returning animals? Or some habitat sales? I guess we'll see soon!

31aug2002
12-22-15, 12:37 PM
Well there is no tournament but two Xmas re- releases ... the Yule Mule and the Krampus

And oh yay oh yay a new treasure animal the ORNATE OCELOT!!! And is it a beauty !,,

FigmentValley
12-22-15, 01:17 PM
The ornate ocelot is not available through breeding and only gives one gem every three days..... Pretty or not, it does not pay for the gems it consumes or the real estate it inhabits.

JeffW60
12-22-15, 02:25 PM
Considering Friday is Christmas, will there be an update that day?

55lee55
12-23-15, 05:40 PM
I can't fit another animal into my Forest. I really hope the next update is about expansions and a vacation from this rapid fire animal relese when there is no room for them.

My Christmas wish: Expansions, preferably with a free one or two to make room to catch up, and a break in the 80 runes/expansion cost. Even better would be a way to store some animals so I could decorate my forest with a sesonal flair. I have such pretty decorations in storage but with such a crowded forest there is no room to decorate. I want to buy the new habitat, or more than one, but there is no room to put it in my forest. * sigh *

ninasidstorm8
12-23-15, 06:09 PM
Typically we would have an update on DEC 25 since it is a Friday. I believe that since it is Christmas day, there will be no update that day. There are a few possibilities.
1) No update at all for DEC 25
2) The update is moved up a day and occurs on DEC 24
3) The update occurs on DEC 25 as usual
4) The update is pushed back a day and occurs on DEC 26

If the update occurs on DEC 25 as normal, there is a possibility of a tournament starting. Friday tournaments are normally 18 rounds, so that would be a terrible thing to start a Flash tournament on Christmas Day. So I doubt they would do that. If we do have a DEX 25 update, it would probably release some additional recycled animals or maybe even one new one.

If the update is moved up a day, there won’t be a slot for a tournament icon, so a tournament won’t start. Again, the release would probably just contain some additional recycled animals or maybe even one new one. However, the release itself could occur at any time during the day and not follow the normal update time.

I can’t see the update being pushed back a day since DEC 26 is a Saturday. We have had releases pulled up a day due to a holiday but I can’t recall one ever being pushed back one day.

So I think the most likely possibility is that we will not have a DEC 25 update. We are also due to have a new battleground start any time.

kokii123
12-23-15, 06:34 PM
I think the update will be as usual and I think there will be a new wood type animal on Friday's update since the Living Wood Habitat now holds three animals.

sweetdeda
12-23-15, 07:43 PM
I hope there isn't a update on Christmas. But if there is one that it's just rereleased animals. I do think it won't be long before we see a new living wood animal, I just hope it's after the holidays.

Ninasidstorm8, any guesstimate as to when the next storybook will be? I only ask because my food supply is so very low right now as I'm concentrating on raising certain animals to epic. I really would like to plan ahead and get it back up before the next storybook. Thanks.

Drachenia
12-25-15, 07:55 AM
Hello everyone! I think today is a six days tournament, I hope the price of a Christmas-Treent is :rolleyes:

saucysammis
12-25-15, 10:43 AM
Hello everyone! I think today is a six days tournament, I hope the price of a Christmas-Treent is :rolleyes:

Haha that wood be awesome!

JeffW60
12-28-15, 04:53 PM
Any guesses on what we might see in tomorrow's update?

LonePudding
12-28-15, 05:38 PM
I think tomorrow we'll have a quiet update. We've had everything this month already! I'm not sure if we have had a goal line animal and trio before.

ninasidstorm8
12-28-15, 06:18 PM
I think tomorrow we'll have a quiet update. We've had everything this month already! I'm not sure if we have had a goal line animal and trio before.

I agree, maybe a new animal or recycle something like the Cofetti Yeti but nothing else this week. I don't believe we have ever had a Goal Line animal while breeding a trio, so I wouldn't expect one until next week. Time to start slowly building up a food supply. The next Storybook will probably start in the middle of January.

Looks like we have returned to the regular tournament schedule so the next one should be a 30-round tournament starting Jan 5, 2016.

RowanaFarrin
12-28-15, 09:36 PM
I agree, maybe a new animal or recycle something like the Cofetti Yeti but nothing else this week. I don't believe we have ever had a Goal Line animal while breeding a trio, so I wouldn't expect one until next week. Time to start slowly building up a food supply. The next Storybook will probably start in the middle of January.

Looks like we have returned to the regular tournament schedule so the next one should be a 30-round tournament starting Jan 5, 2016.

A return of Confetti Yeti in some way would be nice! I don't have that one yet. An otherwise quiet update would be very relaxing given everything else we've had lately. Maybe on Friday we'll get something new for New Year's! Probably a limited breed of some kind, but I'm not the best at predicting these things.

sweetdeda
12-29-15, 03:54 AM
A return of Confetti Yeti in some way would be nice! I don't have that one yet. An otherwise quiet update would be very relaxing given everything else we've had lately. Maybe on Friday we'll get something new for New Year's! Probably a limited breed of some kind, but I'm not the best at predicting these things.

Do you think Confetti Yeti would really return again? I wasn't playing the first time around for him and the second time he was released I wasn't able to breed him.

RowanaFarrin
12-29-15, 07:24 AM
Do you think Confetti Yeti would really return again? I wasn't playing the first time around for him and the second time he was released I wasn't able to breed him.

I think it was released for New Year's last year so that's why we were hoping, but I really don't know I'm afraid. I wasn't here last year either. We can hope!

Sandybellee
12-29-15, 07:49 AM
Looking forward to today's update! After Krampus and Yule Mule are removed, there are fewer fails for Teddy and Giving Treent. It's nice that both can be bred using Storking and Rudolphin. Really hoping to get at least one or the other! (Would prefer Teddy, though.)

matiasabad94
12-29-15, 12:32 PM
i agree, maybe a new animal or recycle something like the cofetti yeti but nothing else this week. I don't believe we have ever had a goal line animal while breeding a trio, so i wouldn't expect one until next week. Time to start slowly building up a food supply. The next storybook will probably start in the middle of january.

Looks like we have returned to the regular tournament schedule so the next one should be a 30-round tournament starting jan 5, 2016.

How?! :p

kooky panda
12-29-15, 12:37 PM
He is Back for a limited time!

sweetdeda
12-29-15, 12:38 PM
Wow good guess gang! Here we go... Hope we all ring in the new year with confetti yettl!

ogreve
12-29-15, 12:56 PM
The temporary return of the Confetti Yeti was very well predicted indeed! :)
I shall try for it, but not before I either have bred one of those new Treents or the time for it has expired. I really hope I can get one very soon as it will be nice to do gem-water-electric breeding as I still need all of those gem hybrids.
Meanwhile, it looks like the trio has lost all interest for me. I did breed a Storking but the past days (as well as the coming week) it doesn't look like I'll be trying for it...:S

monbohn
12-29-15, 01:14 PM
Oh no....the Yule Mule is already gone. I thought it would be here through the time we have the trio and didn't buy it yet because I've been working on breeding the Storking and haven't had an empty nest for it. How do we know how long limited animals are available for?

55lee55
12-29-15, 01:28 PM
Great call on the Yeti. Good luck to all who are trying for it.

Any guesses about if or when there will be expansions released? I had to sell a farm to make room for a habitat for the Gorilla but I will have to stop playing altogether due to lack of space very soon. Have a 45 hr egg on the nest that will need to be sold if I can't get a spot to fit it and I can't shoehorn any more animals that are released unless expansions are relased first.

Have mercy S8. Thanks.

Silverrain1
12-29-15, 02:01 PM
I was able to get the confetti yeti the first time it was available, so quiet one for me. It means I can keep trying with the ones I haven't got yet, either some gem animals, or the lunar moth, I really like that but never managed to get it. Also quiet keen for the mardi claw, tesla llama and the dragonfly. So it turns out I'm not asking for much haha!

LonePudding
12-29-15, 03:14 PM
I'm forgetting this trio now, what are the chances of breeding all 3 in 3 days? I'll be trying for the Confetti Yeti, Hippogryph, Sapphire Cthulhu, Pearl Peryton and Citrine Peregrin :)

ThynaSmith
12-29-15, 06:02 PM
Wow, for the first time evah I managed to get a limited time animal, at the last minute! Just put a Krampus egg on the nest! :)27273

ThynaSmith
12-29-15, 06:04 PM
Good luck to all with the Confetti Yeti! Good call, ninasidstorm8!!

Sandybellee
12-31-15, 07:35 AM
Happy New Year, everybody!!! Looking forward to the first update of 2016 tomorrow! May we all have a fun and exciting year of FFS! :)

sweetdeda
12-31-15, 08:45 AM
Happy New Year, everybody!!! Looking forward to the first update of 2016 tomorrow! May we all have a fun and exciting year of FFS! :)

Happy New Year to you too!

Speculations on the New Year update? I just hope it's not a storybook, my food supply is way too low for that.

31aug2002
12-31-15, 08:52 AM
happy new year, everybody!!! Looking forward to the first update of 2016 tomorrow! May we all have a fun and exciting year of ffs! :)

happy new year to all !!

Sandybellee
12-31-15, 09:35 AM
Happy New Year to you too!

Speculations on the New Year update? I just hope it's not a storybook, my food supply is way too low for that.

Thank you! I also hope it's not a storybook for the same reason. A goal line animal may be coming soon - we haven't had one for a long time. Or maybe it will be a limited breedable animal with a new year theme.

Edit: Releasing a new gem hybrid would be an awesome way to welcome the new year! Fingers crossed!

ninasidstorm8
12-31-15, 09:58 AM
Thank you! I also hope it's not a storybook for the same reason. A goal line animal may be coming soon - we haven't had one for a long time. Or maybe it will be a limited breedable animal with a new year theme.

I don't think we will get a new Storybook Adventure until the middle of January. We should get a 30-round tournament on Jan 5. If that is true, a new Storybook couldn't start until after Jan 11 when the World Event ends if we follow the 3 icon rule. A new Goal Line animal could start but I hope it waits until next week at the earliest since my Breeding Den/Nest are tied up for the next 3 1/2 days. I think the Confetti Yeti meets the New Year themed breedable animal idea, but we could get a new one for longer than a week.

I think we will get a new animal that will not be limited initially. Since we have been getting a few Electric based animals lately, I think it will be Electric/Earth if it is a Rare or Electric/Nature if it is a Super Rare.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and All

sweetdeda
12-31-15, 10:16 AM
I don't think we will get a new Storybook Adventure until the middle of January. We should get a 30-round tournament on Jan 5. If that is true, a new Storybook couldn't start until after Jan 11 when the World Event ends if we follow the 3 icon rule. A new Goal Line animal could start but I hope it waits until next week at the earliest since my Breeding Den/Nest are tied up for the next 3 1/2 days. I think the Confetti Yeti meets the New Year themed breedable animal idea, but we could get a new one for longer than a week.

I think we will get a new animal that will not be limited initially. Since we have been getting a few Electric based animals lately, I think it will be Electric/Earth if it is a Rare or Electric/Nature if it is a Super Rare.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and All

About a week ago I went through and reread all your post in this thread, looking for an approximate time for a new storybook. You have such great insight with the updates and are usually right on the mark, thanks for sharing your insight with us btw. I came up with middle of January based on the amount of days you posted are between each storybook. Wth that being the best guess I decided Saturday I will put my list of animals to be raised to epic on hold and concentrate on rebuilding my food supply. So in the day and a half I have left I should be able to get 2 more animals to epic, one for sure being giving Treent and the other will be one of the remaining Christmas animals on the list, just undecided as to which one yet. Maybe Teddy Bear or Secret Santler.

ninasidstorm8
12-31-15, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the kind words, S8 has moved things around the last couple months to keep us guessing. I have kept a history of special events for a while in order to detect patterns for the updates. When Ogreve pointed out what I call the 3 icon rule a couple months back, it allowed me to better refine my guess at what's coming up.

For those of you who don't already know, the three icon rule is that there are no more than 3 icons controlling special events on the screen at any one time. The icons are on the far right of the screen. Generally, one icon is used by a value pack which leaves two for special events. The following special events, use icons:
Battle Arena Tournaments
Storybook Adventure
World Event
Spin the Wheel

Hopefully, we'll return to a predictable tournament schedule once the new year starts. It had been very reliable until last month. In addition to being overdue for a Goal Line animal, we could get a new Battleground at any time.

Drachenia
12-31-15, 03:19 PM
I would like a chimera or chimera / wolf as Crystal animal have, may have dark / water

Happy new year everyone

ogreve
12-31-15, 05:17 PM
Happy new year already to those of us that are already in 2016!
Here in Miami it's still 2015, with 5 more hours to go! :P
I too hope for a new Legendary (gem) animal. I hope to soon have some "free breeding time" again for going for gem hybrids and I hope that TL makes the new to come Treasure animals breedable again or that they VERY much improve the gem amounts they give per day...
Best wishes to all and thanks to TL for FFS!

sweetdeda
01-01-16, 11:53 AM
I'm just so excited for today's update! I'm really hoping this new year brings lots of great animals. I also hope today's update brings huge expansion possibilities for those in need of them. I hope we get some great habitats available for coins, we need something to spend them on.

jojopeanut
01-01-16, 12:11 PM
I'm just so excited for today's update! I'm really hoping this new year brings lots of great animals. I also hope today's update brings huge expansion possibilities for those in need of them. I hope we get some great habitats available for coins, we need something to spend them on.

I love all those ideas :) especially coin habitats.

Happy New Year!

Party Penguin I love him..*sigh* now breeding delimas. Funny thing though yesterday I was thinking I really need to work on adding some dark elements to my forest. Especially this combo.

Oh and the Value pack definate purchase for me I like the animal and 30! Realm Runes exactly my next expansion cost.

sweetdeda
01-01-16, 12:37 PM
Party penguin it is. Going to throw off my breeding for confetti yeti a bit but I'll just have to do some three element breeding.
Sorry there weren't any new expansions for those that truly need them to continue with the game.

jojopeanut
01-01-16, 12:39 PM
Party penguin it is. Going to throw off my breeding for confetti yeti a bit but I'll just have to do some three element breeding.
Sorry there weren't any new expansions for those that truly need them to continue with the game.

Both of us..haha breeding delimas. Oh and thanks YES 3 elements breeding. Still a newbie here forgot.

EDIT: I absolutely LOVE pinguins. I must try for him.

ogreve
01-01-16, 12:46 PM
Hmm, another limited animal... Why is everything limited now...?
Ok, this will then mean gem-water-electric-dark 4-element breedings.
Not all bad as dark-water is one of the few combinations of which i still need several outcomes. And... I have none of the gem hybrids that this combination can give...

Sandybellee
01-01-16, 12:54 PM
What a dapper gentleman! I want this penguin! Lots of good fails to be had too, since I only have Koala Cadabra and Bansheep from the combo.

sweetdeda
01-01-16, 12:56 PM
EDIT: I absolutely LOVE pinguins. I must try for him.

I too love penquins so the more I think about it the more I am torn, I've missed out on confetti yeti twice already, do I keep trying for him?
4 elements maybe the way I go too, Ogreve, now that you mention it. Peryl Peryton and dark-electric, here comes the Koala Cadabra fails, I can see it now....
Yes, why so many limited, is it the push to get players to purchase using gems?
Well with Conducktor fails in the den and nest it will be late this evening when I have to decide what I will do. Zapra, Mercat, dragonfly and gem hybrids are what I still need. What to do, what to do....

31aug2002
01-01-16, 01:16 PM
I love the Party Penguin. But it's going to take some juggling to do to get this!!
I need to expand ASAP I have no space. If I get yeti or penguin , will have to buy a habitat to home it. Have already sold a farm to make space for a gem grove I will need to house my pearl Peryton. I do not have an evolution flower at the moment . Oh TL please revise the number of runes neede to expand :(:(

jojopeanut
01-01-16, 01:19 PM
I wish we had 2 nest/breeding dens right now. That would've been great for New Years.

NannaSherry
01-01-16, 01:42 PM
I have an idea Storm8, at some point make an "event" for Chinese New Years during February. You could come up with a cool Oriental type habitat and some neat animals based on the Chinese New year calendar. Every year the highlight animal could be what the Chinese year suggests it is. Just a thought. I think there are some creative opportunities.

Drachenia
01-01-16, 02:13 PM
I have an idea Storm8, at some point make an "event" for Chinese New Years during February. You could come up with a cool Oriental type habitat and some neat animals based on the Chinese New year calendar. Every year the highlight animal could be what the Chinese year suggests it is. Just a thought. I think there are some creative opportunities.

Good idea, we only players who are from the beginning of the game, to have it to have a problem with land. I hope TL gives us back a new country expansion limit and the fast, I will again have 6 farms, I have at the moment only 2 farms

ogreve
01-01-16, 05:38 PM
I just came to realise that I can't have shots at the Penguin and Yeti at the same time using a 4-element formula with gem as one of the elements as I don't have the right gem hybrids to do that. Bummer. It means I'll have to choose between these two animals if I want to throw gem into the mix. The alternative would be to do 3-element breedings of water-dark-electric.
Hmm, looks like I'll first have some shots at the Penguin. I also like the Yeti, but with this limited onslaught choices have to be made as the fails are too long to make speeding attractive...
The good news is that none of these animals is of top priority to me, quite to the contrary of the Giving Treent.

LonePudding
01-01-16, 07:40 PM
I just came to realise that I can't have shots at the Penguin and Yeti at the same time using a 4-element formula with gem as one of the elements as I don't have the right gem hybrids to do that. Bummer.

Same here :( Isn't it about time S8 introduced tri-colour animals? ;) I think so!

I would like the Yeti more since I missed it last year so I am sticking to gem x electric-water and really hoping for a Hippogryph fail :D Good luck!

Drachenia
01-01-16, 08:22 PM
I just came to realise that I can't have shots at the Penguin and Yeti at the same time using a 4-element formula with gem as one of the elements as I don't have the right gem hybrids to do that. Bummer. It means I'll have to choose between these two animals if I want to throw gem into the mix. The alternative would be to do 3-element breedings of water-dark-electric.
Hmm, looks like I'll first have some shots at the Penguin. I also like the Yeti, but with this limited onslaught choices have to be made as the fails are too long to make speeding attractive...
The good news is that none of these animals is of top priority to me, quite to the contrary of the Giving Treent.

Hello Ogreve! The Giving Treent is no longer available on the market. I'm sorry if you did not get him. :( :(

ogreve
01-01-16, 09:01 PM
@Drachenia: last night I bred it on my secondary account and this morning I sped until I had it on my main account too; fortunately that only took 3 fully sped attempts! :P
I'm glad I got them. I knew they would disappear so I tried all out to breed them in time as this was a must-have animal. If I hadn't been able to breed it, this would have been one of the rare exceptions where I would have bought the animal.

Clark_Wayne
01-01-16, 09:02 PM
Same here :( Isn't it about time S8 introduced tri-colour animals? ;) I think so!

I would like the Yeti more since I missed it last year so I am sticking to gem x electric-water and really hoping for a Hippogryph fail :D Good luck!

i don't think they will introduce tri-elements animals : i have been waiting for this since i started playing but it seems that 2 elements is the max they are able to do with FFS, unlike dragon story :D
is it because there are more different types of animation ?
i also waited for elements splitting (cosmic splitting in water and earth, police badge in fire and earth, tree of life in ??, spring in ??, egypt in ??,..) but this is not happening neither.
probably because it will complicate the breeding rules for them :D
too bad because that would be interesting to have more breeding elements intead of the always fire-nature-earth-lightning-dark-gem which start boring me :D

may be time to introduce new element like metal or spirit ? :D

Drachenia
01-01-16, 09:15 PM
@Drachenia: last night I bred it on my secondary account and this morning I sped until I had it on my main account too; fortunately that only took 3 fully sped attempts! :P
I'm glad I got them. I knew they would disappear so I tried all out to breed them in time as this was a must-have animal. If I hadn't been able to breed it, this would have been one of the rare exceptions where I would have bought the animal.
Ohh very good Ogreve, Congratulations to Giving Treent :D

JeffW60
01-04-16, 04:22 PM
Any guesses on what tomorrow's update might contain?

LonePudding
01-04-16, 04:51 PM
I'm hoping (as always) for a goal line animal. S8 doesn't seem to be doing them much anymore :( I've only won one or two in the past so I really want to try harder this time.

But I think we'll have a new 6 day tournament.

Silverrain1
01-04-16, 04:59 PM
I'm hoping (as always) for a goal line animal. S8 doesn't seem to be doing them much anymore :( I've only won one or two in the past so I really want to try harder this time.

But I think we'll have a new 6 day tournament.

Can you remember all the goal line animals we have had? Iv had mixed success! I got the cactus kitsune and Pygmy. But not the troll, think I'm forgetting the other ones. Oh and the puffalo.

Clark_Wayne
01-04-16, 05:19 PM
Can you remember all the goal line animals we have had? Iv had mixed success! I got the cactus kitsune and Pygmy. But not the troll, think I'm forgetting the other ones. Oh and the puffalo.

take a look on the animals list made by oo56 ;) he did a great job !

LonePudding
01-04-16, 06:05 PM
take a look on the animals list made by oo56 ;) he did a great job !

What a handy thread! Out of those animals I only completed the Cactus Kitsune goal and luckily won a Fladingo on a Spin to Win :rolleyes:. That has got to improve this year, along with winning tournaments.

ninasidstorm8
01-04-16, 09:07 PM
Any guesses on what tomorrow's update might contain?

We should see a 30 round Battle Arena tournament with tomorrow's update.

jojopeanut
01-04-16, 10:07 PM
We should see a 30 round Battle Arena tournament with tomorrow's update.

I really appreciate you keeping up this thread. I know if I read through I can find the answer, your predicting a Story Book in a couple weeks. What's the average amount of food needed for one? This will be my 2nd Story Book sense starting. I've been very diligent in my harvesting and saving food by end of tomorrow I'll have 300,000 saved.

ninasidstorm8
01-04-16, 10:35 PM
I really appreciate you keeping up this thread. I know if I read through I can find the answer, your predicting a Story Book in a couple weeks. What's the average amount of food needed for one? This will be my 2nd Story Book sense starting. I've been very diligent in my harvesting and saving food by end of tomorrow I'll have 300,000 saved.

Usually you need about 150,000 apples during the Storybook. A 300,000 supply should be more than enough.

ninasidstorm8
01-04-16, 10:38 PM
My thoughts on special events during January.

The World Event will run through JAN 12. We are due for a new Storybook Adventure (6 weeks) around the time the World Event ends. The last Goal line animal was released the first week of October, so we are way overdue for that. Breeding trios usually run about 6 weeks apart, so the next one shouldn’t start until the beginning of February. Spin to Win Wheels have run about 21-24 days between starts except the last one which started 39 days after the previous one. We are due for a new Battleground challenge at any time as well.

Assuming we have returned to the normal tournament schedule, we should see 30 round tournaments on Jan 5 and Jan 26 with an 18 round tournament on JAN 15. Based on this I have come up with the following Projections for special events occurring during January:

JAN 5 – 30 Round tournament, New Goal Line animal
JAN 8 – Start new Battleground
JAN 12 – Start new Storybook Adventure
JAN 15 – 18 round tournament
JAN 19 – Spin to Win
JAN 22 –
JAN 26 – 30 Round tournament
JAN 29 -

chippychan
01-05-16, 07:43 AM
I'm looking forward to a 30-round tournament (hopefully) starting today. I wasn't able to really compete in the last flash tournament since I was away for a couple weeks with pretty bad internet access. Thanks to LonePudding for stepping up and making a great tournament chart, as well as everyone else who contributed! :)

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday season!

RowanaFarrin
01-05-16, 12:47 PM
New Tournament and new limited creature: Knitten Kitten! ^_^ I have to say, the kitten is quite possibly the most adorable animal I have seen so far. As much as I do want an adorable party penguin too, which I think will be leaving soon but is still available, I will be switching to trying for this one as priority number one! Must have cute kitten!!

First try was 9 hours though. Wiki lists 16 hours for the kitten if that is accurate (it would not share time with another animal if so!)

Good luck all! I hope many of us get cute kittens and penquins soon!

JeffW60
01-05-16, 12:53 PM
I see we have a 30 round tournament in this update. I have not really gotten involved with the tournaments yet to a great degree and was wondering if there are some tips I could go by to use in this tournament. What to use etc.? Any advice would be much appreciated.

ogreve
01-05-16, 12:55 PM
<sigh> AGAIN a limited animal release today....
So, another week without free breeding attempts. But...
This new animal doesn't pose many attractive formulas for me. From dark-earth the only fail I need is a Gargolem. From earth-electric I don't need anything, so 3-element attempts at the Penguin and Kitten at the same time are unattractive due to the added fails that tend to have long timers too.
I may simply stick with attempts at the Penguin for now. Anyway, I've got some 9 more hours to sit out of Koala fails so I don't have to make up my mind just yet.
The upside of doing gem-dark-earth breeding would be that the fails are substantially shorter, so perhaps when I've had my share of Koalas I may have some shots at it.

RowanaFarrin
01-05-16, 12:58 PM
I see we have a 30 round tournament in this update. I have not really gotten involved with the tournaments yet to a great degree and was wondering if there are some tips I could go by to use in this tournament. What to use etc.? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Follow chippychan's excellent element chart for the new tournament here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87943-New-Tournament!-01-05-2016-Icegator

This will help you greatly in picking the best fighters for each opponent. Generally speaking, you want to pick elements that are "strong" against your opponent and avoid those that are "weak." You should also use animals with the highest level (max is 15) and highest rarity (Ultra Rare>Super Rare>Rare>Common) possibly with the elements you want. Essentially you are trying to maximize your odds of getting a "critical hit" as that is usually the only way to win a round. There are some excellent threads on the subject that go into far more detail as well!

Good luck with your first tournament! Try not to stress too much over losses as most of us have many losses before the end.

ninasidstorm8
01-05-16, 01:17 PM

The World Event will run through JAN 12. We are due for a new Storybook Adventure (6 weeks) around the time the World Event ends. The last Goal line animal was released the first week of October, so we are way overdue for that. Breeding trios usually run about 6 weeks apart, so the next one shouldn’t start until the beginning of February. Spin to Win Wheels have run about 21-24 days between starts except the last one which started 39 days after the previous one. We are due for a new Battleground challenge at any time as well.

Assuming we have returned to the normal tournament schedule, we should see 30 round tournaments on Jan 5 and Jan 26 with an 18 round tournament on JAN 15. Based on this I have come up with the following Projections for special events occurring during January:

JAN 5 – 30 Round tournament, New Goal Line animal
JAN 8 – Start new Battleground
JAN 12 – Start new Storybook Adventure
JAN 15 – 18 round tournament
JAN 19 – Spin to Win
JAN 22 –
JAN 26 – 30 Round tournament
JAN 29 -

It looks like we are back on the normal tournament schedule. I am wondering if S8 has eliminated the Goal Line animal concept for now. With the tournament and World Event both going on, the earliest the Storybook can start will be the JAN 12 update. Sorry to see another limited animal. I would hate to start the year by seeing the first two animals for the year leave the forest without breeding them.

LonePudding
01-05-16, 01:54 PM
It looks like we are back on the normal tournament schedule. I am wondering if S8 has eliminated the Goal Line animal concept for now. With the tournament and World Event both going on, the earliest the Storybook can start will be the JAN 12 update. Sorry to see another limited animal. I would hate to start the year by seeing the first two animals for the year leave the forest without breeding them.

That's the last thing I wanted. I really hope they replace it with an equally-as-fun feature. Thinking about DS and the features they don't share, prime dragons could be on the way, but the food requirements would be over the roof! What I'd like to see from DS is the monthly (I think) arena dragons that are made with the pieces that you earn from battles. That of course involves crafting!

ninasidstorm8
01-05-16, 02:31 PM
That's the last thing I wanted. I really hope they replace it with an equally-as-fun feature. Thinking about DS and the features they don't share, prime dragons could be on the way, but the food requirements would be over the roof! What I'd like to see from DS is the monthly (I think) arena dragons that are made with the pieces that you earn from battles. That of course involves crafting!

I wouldn't mind seeing some type of crafting feature like there is in DS. If the Battleground is eliminated, they may keep the Arena open all the time like DS does. These things would provide more flexibility for the Storybook adventures as well. We may still see a Goal Line animal again, bit it's been a long time. I hope to see some different features though, I would hate to see FFS just become a Dragon Story clone.

sweetdeda
01-05-16, 05:22 PM
Really getting frustrated with all the limited animals, was really hoping for a goal line animal. I'm with you ninasidstorm8, don't want FFS to turn into DS. I would love to see a new permanent element added and some new permanent animals. The limited animals are really becoming a turn off for me. I play this game because I enjoy it, I would love to be able to breed for what I want for awhile. For me when I have free breeding the fails seem to bother me a lot less. It's more relaxing and enjoyable.

JeffW60
01-05-16, 05:26 PM
Really getting frustrated with all the limited animals, was really hoping for a goal line animal. I'm with you ninasidstorm8, don't want FFS to turn into DS. I would love to see a new permanent element added and some new permanent animals. The limited animals are really becoming a turn off for me. I play this game because I enjoy it, I would love to be able to breed for what I want for awhile. For me when I have free breeding the fails seem to bother me a lot less. It's more relaxing and enjoyable.

What is a goal line animal? How does it work obtaining one? Since I've started the game I don't think that has come up yet.

Scribbles138
01-05-16, 05:30 PM
What is a goal line animal? How does it work obtaining one? Since I've started the game I don't think that has come up yet.

With a goal line a new animal is rewarded by completing minimal goals. Here is the thread to the last one. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85195-Goal-Line-Spooky-Sweet-Tooth-10-2-15&highlight=Gobblin

Scribbles138
01-05-16, 05:37 PM

I'm on the same page, and I've been saying it for a while. I don't find the game anywhere near as enjoyable when we're continuously having to breed something specific. It's more frustrating than fun, and disappointing when you miss out. Why can't they release these animals on a permanent basis? I mean, I get the business side of it, because from what I can tell on the boards, there are plenty of people who buy every animal released (limited or not, if to save for the numerous fails). Their target players are ones who do just that, which is why I think we're getting fewer and fewer opportunities to earn gems, and the newest animals are sold at a discount for a short period of time. People are more likely to buy if they're worried they might miss out on something. That also explains why we aren't always given clear information regarding whether the animal is limited or just the sale. Frustrating for sure, but lucrative for the company.

MaribouMay
01-05-16, 06:12 PM

Exactly how I feel!

ogreve
01-06-16, 02:41 AM
I'm on the same page, and I've been saying it for a while. I don't find the game anywhere near as enjoyable when we're continuously having to breed something specific. It's more frustrating than fun, and disappointing when you miss out. Why can't they release these animals on a permanent basis? I mean, I get the business side of it, because from what I can tell on the boards, there are plenty of people who buy every animal released (limited or not, if to save for the numerous fails). Their target players are ones who do just that, which is why I think we're getting fewer and fewer opportunities to earn gems, and the newest animals are sold at a discount for a short period of time. People are more likely to buy if they're worried they might miss out on something. That also explains why we aren't always given clear information regarding whether the animal is limited or just the sale. Frustrating for sure, but lucrative for the company.

Unfortunately (and I *TRULY* wish it were different!) I can't do anything but agreeing 100% with what you write.
Which then is also precisely one of the two main reasons why I normally don't ever buy "normal" limited animals (with precious few exceptions here and there). The sale prices on all these new limited animals are good and gem-wise I could afford to buy the Penguin or the Kitten (not both), but I want to BREED them (reason #2 why I don't buy normal limited animals).
To stress my point: I liked ALL of the animals that were released since the beginning of December and absolutely adored the Secret Santler and the Ornate Ocelot, but both were given a miss (I did try full out for the Santler) because of the precise reasons mentioned by you: if we all keep jumping on buying them, we are actually encouraging TL to release the animals in the same way all the time. No fun for me, so I'm not doing that.

As said somewhere in the Ornate Ocelot thread: anybody can decide by their own criteria whether they buy an animal (or whether they buy a ton of them) or not. I'm not judging anyone who does, as everybody plays the game their own way, to their own enjoyment, and make their decisions for their own reasons. It's just that I for one person don't feel like buying those animals. The thing that mostly "stings" me (big time!) is the new trend with the Treasure animals, TL has ****ed a lot of FFS fun for me by pulling the previously permanent Treasure animals from the shop, by not allowing us to breed for the Ocelot (and surely also not for ALL future Treasure animals), and to also apparently having stopped with "special element" trios. With the BF sales I spent 40 Euros on buying TWO Crystal Unicorns just to be able to finally use the two unicorns formula for breeding Treasure and third trio animals. Days before buying the second Unicorn they ****ed off the Treasure breeding. I bought the second unicorn nonetheless in the dire hope that new Treasure animals would still be breedable and also for breeding third trio animals. Now, AFTER having done so, both these options appear to be out of the window too, and that to me is a massive blow after I was so happy to finally have the two unicorns, be they bought ones (as I never managed to breed a Unicorn despite having tried a few hundred times).
As it is, at this time I'm still very happy with one of the Unicorns, but really the second one is only gathering dust. It now adds nothing new to the forest, other than having one in epic form and one as a level 9 juvenile. I'm past the point where I need the coins it brings in, so well, it's nothing more than another animation in the game.

TL: please, please, but really... PRETTY PLEASE make the Treasure animals breedable again and please give us some good target animals with a two Unicorn formula again, and please put a lid on only releasing limited animals and buy-only animals. I still love FFS, but my former enthusiasm went out the window the day you announced that the Treasure animals were going to be discontinued (and I fear it reflects in my forum posts too: fewer postings in which I bother to keep extensive logs etc.). This, to me, was the worst possible play you could have made in the game. Unfortunately afterwards it was followed by further (to me) poor things like reduced/eliminated gem rewards, too many limited animals, a perfectly beautiful Ocelot that can only be bought (yet gives too few gems to warrant being of a "buy-only" kind) and to top it all of now nothing to breed for with two Unicorns. I *STRONGLY* request a reversal of these things, or at the very least a reversal of this strategy: our normal gem rewards, fewer limited animals, something good to breed for with the two unicorns and now more buy-only Treasure animals, but simply new breedable (non limited!!!!) Treasure animals. I'm quite sure that with those parameters the game becomes a lot more fun again, and still plenty of money/gems can be made with the special habitats, and from the people who buy the animals anyway (with or without sales). Was the game REALLY so bad as it was a few months ago? It has obtained such an "unfriendly feeling" to me now with these recent changes. It feels as if the game is being "undressed" and deprived of the fun and thrill that it used to have before, for example by breeding an ultra rare Treasure animal that gives us a tiny amount of free gems per day, or being able to meet a goal in time to get a few gems, etc....

Please.....

31aug2002
01-06-16, 03:51 AM
I agree with all that has been said in the previous posts. Though I have been a regular on FFS only since July last year, I have fallen in love with this game . And the main attraction of the game was the euphoria and joy one felt at managing to breed an animal , limited or otherwise. Though I have bought some animals, basically the treasure ones,under special circumstances, my joy at breeding the Gold Lion and the unicorns was manifold than when I bought the treasure animals.

I agree that change is inevitable, a stagnant game would lead to boredom with the game . And some of the new features added have been good.. The storybook adventure and spin the wheel , for e.g. But then some have left the player frustrated and deflated.

Please TL , do listen to your players ( we may not be big money spenders, but we do buy gems here and there), because in going after the big money you may just lose out totally on the little ones.

ogreve
01-06-16, 05:28 AM
Please TL , do listen to your players ( we may not be big money spenders, but we do buy gems here and there), because in going after the big money you may just lose out totally on the little ones.

I've never spent anywhere near as much money on ANY other game as on FFS, so they didn't have to discontinue the permanent Treasure animals for that purpose. Animal-wise I have bought a Quartz Quetzalcoatl (to kickstart gem breeding), a Prize Pony (after a week of unsuccessful attempts at breeding it), TWO Crystal Unicorns (BF value packs), a Magnetic Mouse (BF sale 150 gems) and a Mamaroo (BF sale 200 gems).
My main gem spending in FFS (of which I do plenty) is mainly in buying special habitats and in (partially) speeding breedings.

None of these things conflict nor have they ever conflicted with breeding for Treasure animals. In fact, when the Prize Pony was limited I actually even DID buy one. TL did not have to discontinue these animals in order to get me to spend more, in fact, they've rather shot themselves in the foot because of it, because I now did NOT buy the Ocelot despite its beautiful black-golden colour scheme. If TL checks my forest, they may notice the epic Prize Pony there that was bought AFTER I had already bred a Golden Retriever. They may also notice an Egypt habitat with three epic black-golden animals (despite the humongous costs to level up Egypt animals) and they might deduce from that that black-golden is about as favourite a colour scheme as it gets for me (which it is! - I love my epic Ra for example). Yet.... where is the Ocelot? Not there, and that will most likely stay that way forever, unless "something" drastically gives in our favour (breedability, gem gifting rate, acquisition cost).

So, so far TL's new approach has only caused me to spend FEWER gems on FFS. I'm still buying the habitats and some speeding gems, but no longer those animals. They could perhaps get me to buy a cheap Nightmare or Skeletal Dragon as I really want those, but I fear that Treasure will be struck off my shopping list forever if the new animals continue to be like this... :/

Scribbles138
01-06-16, 06:37 AM
What I also find disappointing (and I know Ogreve's brought this up before), is that in other TL/S8 games, they constantly have amazing deals on their gems. I play quite a few, and nearly every day you can get a gem pack for $1.19 CAD. Some of the games have videos that you can watch to earn gems (3 gems per video in one game, 4 in another...and in one of those games, you can watch as many videos as you want, there's no end to it unless you specifically exit out). They are definitely making it more difficult to earn gems here in hopes that players spend more money. There are players that these tactics don't work on, but there will always be more that it does.

Historically, I spend the majority of my gems on the multi-element habitats. I've purchased one value pack for my Pearl Peryton, and I've bought other animals here and there. I'm trying to tell myself that I don't need EVERY SINGLE ANIMAL that is released, even when it comes to the trios. I still feel stupid about the amount of money I spent speeding to get the skull trio, but after the horrible time I had with the service trio, I was determined I was going to complete it! I didn't get the teddy bear from the most recent one, which was frustrating, but I've dealt with it. I'm not a huge fan of the single element trios, I much prefer how this last one went, with a similar theme to them, but not a brand new element.

All I know is that I can't keep spending like I have been if they're not giving back to us like they used to. I haven't had an offer in a while to download a new game for gems, and I know that recently some players did, but not all of us. At the end of the day, it's business, and we don't have to like it, but it is what it is.

MaribouMay
01-06-16, 12:32 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with all that is being said here. I think this is the kind of input S8 needs to hear. Maybe it needs its own thread.

I don't want to see this thread shut down for going off-topic. It is very helpful to have an educated guess of what to coming so we can plan ahead.

sweetdeda
01-06-16, 04:28 PM
I've never spent anywhere near as much money on ANY other game as on FFS, so they didn't have to discontinue the permanent Treasure animals for that purpose.

So, so far TL's new approach has only caused me to spend FEWER gems on FFS. I'm still buying the habitats and some speeding gems, but no longer those animals. They could perhaps get me to buy a cheap Nightmare or Skeletal Dragon as I really want those, but I fear that Treasure will be struck off my shopping list forever if the new animals continue to be like this... :/

I'm with you on this Ogreve! I have never spent much on games but FFS became so enjoyable for me I started buying gems on a regular basis. I like to do a little speed breeding (not all the time and not at all to the extent of some other players) but enough that I was buying gems to do so. And love the special habitats. But my gem purchasing has dropped to well next to nothing since Black Friday, when huge disappointment set in....
I currently only have less than 20 gems and am not doing any speed breeding. My kids even bought me an iTunes card for Christmas and still I have not bought gems. With a the little opportunities to earn gems in this game and the treasurer animals disappearing, well unless TL does something soon, I'll probably spend my iTunes card else where.
I hope TL sees that these changes are making the game less enjoyable, and for me the more enjoyment I was having with the game the more I was willing to buy gems.

Sandybellee
01-08-16, 12:33 PM
Wow! Yet another limited animal! Luckily it doesn't appeal to me at all.

flowless
01-08-16, 12:54 PM
Having to chose between which limited animle to breed and on top of that getting nothing
Make me less and less likey to continue to play

I m ok now with not having all animlas but not losing that much in such a short time

Ps Love the designs lately
So whoever is the designing team
Keep up the good work

ninasidstorm8
01-11-16, 04:11 PM

The World Event will run through JAN 12. We are due for a new Storybook Adventure (6 weeks) around the time the World Event ends. The last Goal line animal was released the first week of October, so we are way overdue for that. Breeding trios usually run about 6 weeks apart, so the next one shouldn?t start until the beginning of February. Spin to Win Wheels have run about 21-24 days between starts except the last one which started 39 days after the previous one. We are due for a new Battleground challenge at any time as well.

JAN 5 - 30 Round tournament, New Goal Line animal
JAN 8 - Start new Battleground
JAN 12 - Start new Storybook Adventure
JAN 15 - 18 round tournament
JAN 19 - Spin to Win
JAN 22 -
JAN 26 - 30 Round tournament
JAN 29 -

With the World Event ending with tomorrow's update, we may start a new Storybook. However, I think there is a good chance that the next Storybook Adventure will start with Friday's update (JAN 15) instead to provide a small break after the looooong World Event. An alternate scenario would be to have a Spin to Win start tomorrow which would push the Storybook Adventure back to the JAN 19 update.

I am still waiting for a new Battleground and Goal Line animal to start this month as well. I finally finished off the Reckless Rock Battleground in anticipation that one a Battleground will start soon. I do hope that S8 has not eliminated these features as it has been a long time since we have seen them.

ogreve
01-11-16, 04:53 PM
With the World Event ending with tomorrow's update, we may start a new Storybook. However, I think there is a good chance that the next Storybook Adventure will start with Friday's update (JAN 15) instead to provide a small break after the looooong World Event. An alternate scenario would be to have a Spin to Win start tomorrow which would push the Storybook Adventure back to the JAN 19 update.

I am still waiting for a new Battleground and Goal Line animal to start this month as well. I finally finished off the Reckless Rock Battleground in anticipation that one a Battleground will start soon. I do hope that S8 has not eliminated these features as it has been a long time since we have seen them.

Giving players a reprieve is "not exactly" TL's strong suit. :P
I'm counting on a new Storybook starting tomorrow.
I'm looking out for one, but housing the first animal might require a bit of animal juggling, as I recently finished clearing the last two blue plots and I boldly constructed two Big Gem Coves on them, even if I don't have enough gem animals to put in them as planned. :P
Anyway, I'm sure I can figure out a solution. ;)

ninasidstorm8
01-11-16, 05:09 PM
Giving players a reprieve is "not exactly" TL's strong suit. :P
I'm counting on a new Storybook starting tomorrow.
I'm looking out for one, but housing the first animal might require a bit of animal juggling, as I recently finished clearing the last two blue plots and I boldly constructed two Big Gem Coves on them, even if I don't have enough gem animals to put in them as planned. :P
Anyway, I'm sure I can figure out a solution. ;)

I am planning for the Storybook to start tomorrow (I have had a large food bank for months, so there is not much to do in advance) but I am prepared to wait until Friday. Two have started on Tuesday and two have started on Friday so there is no pattern there.

I like your confidence in building the Gem habitats in advance, I hope it works out for you.

LonePudding
01-11-16, 05:29 PM
The last two battlegrounds were released 3 months apart and it's been 3 months since Shrieking Skies was released so I'm hoping tomorrow's update brings us a new one.

I'm nowhere near prepared for another storybook with only 25k food stored at the moment. Still wishing for that goal line animal :( Either way, I look forward to whatever S8 has in store.

31aug2002
01-12-16, 03:05 AM
In the hope of a new Storybook starting, I have stocked up my food lvls. I have approx. 150k at the moment. And even though a lot of my animals need raising , I am resisting the need to feed them.
Roadblock will be space for a new habitat. I will probably have to sell of a farm, ( I am already down to 5) :( . Hope I can collect runes soon enough to expand.
P.S .... Just revisited my deleted Dragon story , as I got an ingame goal.
They have just started a Dragon tale there. If I remember correctly , don't the Dragon Tales and Storybook Adventure coincide with each other. If that is the case then we should be starting a Storybook with today's update.

ninasidstorm8
01-12-16, 07:50 AM
In the hope of a new Storybook starting, I have stocked up my food lvls. I have approx. 150k at the moment. And even though a lot of my animals need raising , I am resisting the need to feed them.
Roadblock will be space for a new habitat. I will probably have to sell of a farm, ( I am already down to 5) :( . Hope I can collect runes soon enough to expand.
They have just started a Dragon tale there. If I remember correctly , don't the Dragon Tales and Storybook Adventure coincide with each other. If that is the case then we should be starting a Storybook with today's update.

They don't necessarily coincide, though they have in the past.

sweetdeda
01-12-16, 08:21 AM

I too have put my animals on strict diets, as I do not want my food supply to drop below 200,000. I would not say I am completely starving them but its 1 level at a time right now. :)

I am hoping a storybook starts today, I enjoy them. Even when we have to breed a common to get through, at least I might have a few breeding attempts at animals I am still would like to try for. Here's hoping we don't see YALBA, yet another limited breeding animal, (stolen from one of Ogreve's post). :)

31aug2002
01-12-16, 10:04 AM
I too have put my animals on strict diets, as I do not want my food supply to drop below 200,000. I would not say I am completely starving them but its 1 level at a time right now. :)

I am hoping a storybook starts today, I enjoy them. Even when we have to breed a common to get through, at least I might have a few breeding attempts at animals I am still would like to try for. Here's hoping we don't see YALBA, yet another limited breeding animal, (stolen from one of Ogreve's post). :)
Yeah well sick of the YALBA's..!! I wouldn't mind a goal line also. But not another ltd breeding animal. :p

Clark_Wayne
01-12-16, 10:51 AM
Yeah well sick of the YALBA's..!! I wouldn't mind a goal line also. But not another ltd breeding animal. :p

me too ;)

jojopeanut
01-12-16, 11:55 AM
I just hope whatever the update is especially if Story book will include a habitat for a prize or a habitat for coins.

MaribouMay
01-12-16, 12:08 PM

YALBA? What is that?

ninasidstorm8
01-12-16, 12:30 PM
YALBA? What is that?

Yet Another Limited Breedable Animal.

31aug2002
01-12-16, 12:34 PM
A SPIN TO WIN.... But we just had one !!! And of course another ltd breeding the Winter Equifox!!!

federerGOAT
01-12-16, 12:36 PM
Bought an extra spin and managed to get the growvine.
My other account, had to buy three more spins before managing to get typhoon tiger.

sweetypies97
01-12-16, 12:37 PM
It's only for 3 days, I don't like my chances of getting a Winder Wonderlamb (I've never managed to spin the special animal on any of the wheels).

sweetypies97
01-12-16, 12:38 PM
Winter Wonderlamb and Winter Equifox ... while we are in the middle of an 'extreme' heat wave! lol

Sandybellee
01-12-16, 12:41 PM
Oh my gosh! That Lamb!!! And Typhoon Tiger!!! I'm in trouble! :D

MaribouMay
01-12-16, 12:42 PM
Yet Another Limited Breedable Animal.

Gotcha! Unfortunately, we did get a YALBA.

Sandybellee
01-12-16, 12:43 PM
Bought an extra spin and managed to get the growvine.

Ditto!

ogreve
01-12-16, 12:43 PM
Well indeed we again got a YALBA... :P
But... I must admit that this is a really pretty one! I want one. I directly stopped trying for the Snowmanatee. First attempt; 13 hours, surely a Conducktor...
From Spin to Win I *REALLY* want a Toronado!
I have a Growvine and a Buzzsaw, ehh Typhoon Tiger. The lamb looks kinda ok, but that Toronado is high on my wanted list...

Sandybellee
01-12-16, 12:45 PM
Well indeed we again got a YALBA... :P
But... I must admit that this is a really pretty one! I want one. I directly stopped trying for the Snowmanatee. First attempt; 13 hours, surely a Conducktor...
From Spin to Win I *REALLY* want a Toronado!
I have a Growvine and a Buzzsaw, ehh Typhoin Tiger. The lamb looks kinda ok, but that Toronado is high on my wanted list...

Ha ha ha! Hopefully I manage to get Mr. Buzzsaw to my forest!

31aug2002
01-12-16, 12:50 PM
I do have the "Buzzsaw" as you put it!!
For once I would like to win something meaningful on wheel . Till now I have managed only 1 animal per wheel ... And that too multiples of the same animal :(:(

federerGOAT
01-12-16, 12:53 PM
Oh my gosh! That Lamb!!! And Typhoon Tiger!!! I'm in trouble! :D

They are adorable aren't they?
Such a shame that they lose their cuteness as adults.

HappyHeartBakery
01-12-16, 02:57 PM
Winter Wonderlamb and Winter Equifox ... while we are in the middle of an 'extreme' heat wave! lol

LOL - I guess that depends where you are. Where I live we're getting out 1st dose of winter snow/ice storm tonight

HappyHeartBakery
01-12-16, 03:02 PM
Well I guess this gives us a breather before the next storybook begins.
Spin 1 - apples

ninasidstorm8
01-12-16, 03:03 PM
I am guessing that the reason for the Spin to Win only being 3 days is so that a new Storybook Adventure can start on the Friday (JAN 15) update along with the normal 3 day Battle Arena tournament. If the Storybook adventure is going to start with next Tuesday's update (JAN 19), then the Spin to Win could have been 7 days.

natxjkkggg
01-14-16, 07:48 AM
The Time of the Update in europe is 21.00 MEZ or 9.00 MEZ ??

LonePudding
01-14-16, 09:38 AM

{Western} Europe gets the update in the late afternoon. Here in England it's at 7:30PM.

In MEZ, the update should be at 8:30PM.

Drachenia
01-14-16, 01:24 PM
Hello everybody! So what will happen tomorrow, I believe that a storybook come and an update for more land. I soon not a single common animal more, I sell so many animals :(

Drachenia
01-14-16, 01:25 PM

The Update in Europa 20:30 Clock

ninasidstorm8
01-14-16, 01:50 PM
Hello everybody! So what will happen tomorrow, I believe that a storybook come and an update for more land. I soon not a single common animal more, I sell so many animals :(

We should get a 3 day tournament and I agree that we will probably start a new Storybook Adventure. I would be surprised if we get new expansions, though that would be nice. I am not expecting expansions for another month or two.

jojopeanut
01-14-16, 07:22 PM
I hope if it is Story Book tomorrow. That it's Valentine's related, and the coin habitat is useful for it. I love that habitat but no need for me to buy it sense I don't have any animal's to put in it.

Drachenia
01-15-16, 04:29 AM
We should get a 3 day tournament and I agree that we will probably start a new Storybook Adventure. I would be surprised if we get new expansions, though that would be nice. I am not expecting expansions for another month or two.

Yes I agree with you Ninasidstorm! I also hope for a storybook, but mainly due to new land extensions

chippychan
01-15-16, 05:36 AM
I also suspect a 3-day tournament will start today but unfortunately I won't be around to do the usual tournament thread due to some appointments. Hopefully someone else can take over for this one. :)

Sandybellee
01-15-16, 12:47 PM
I'm so glad we got a beautiful 4-animal habitat! I'd been waiting for a new one. Bought instantly.

natxjkkggg
01-15-16, 01:01 PM
Me too

ThynaSmith
01-16-16, 09:11 PM
Wow, this new habitat is probably the prettiest ever! I'm very tempted to get this one :rolleyes:

NannaSherry
01-18-16, 09:09 AM
Wow, this new habitat is probably the prettiest ever! I'm very tempted to get this one :rolleyes:

Can you purchase the habitat and keep it in storage if you aren't quite there yet with expansion runes?

Silverrain1
01-18-16, 11:20 AM
Can you purchase the habitat and keep it in storage if you aren't quite there yet with expansion runes?

No, afraid not. It has to be automatically placed.

Scribbles138
01-18-16, 08:22 PM
Are we still thinking it'll be Spin to Win tomorrow, even though we just had a quickie version? I sure wish they get new battlegrounds, that's one of my favourite things, especially as we don't have to wait an hour before going back in.

ninasidstorm8
01-18-16, 08:39 PM
Are we still thinking it'll be Spin to Win tomorrow, even though we just had a quickie version? I sure wish they get new battlegrounds, that's one of my favourite things, especially as we don't have to wait an hour before going back in.

We could squeeze in a 7 day Spin to Win starting tomorrow but I doubt one would start so soon. I am hoping for a new Battleground but I suspect we will get some recycled animals with the possibility of one new one.

ogreve
01-19-16, 02:53 AM
We could squeeze in a 7 day Spin to Win starting tomorrow but I doubt one would start so soon. I am hoping for a new Battleground but I suspect we will get some recycled animals with the possibility of one new one.

I'm with you on this prediction. I too expect a rather quiet update with perhaps a rereleased animal or again a YALBA. I'm not looking forward to the latter though (unless it's something utterly cool).
What I'm really hoping for is a rerelease of the Nightmare and/or Skeletal Dragon, or..... maybe better.... a new gem-hybrid or if TL decides to have mercy on us, a new breedable permanent Treasure animal. I really miss those.

For now, as the Storybook is really easy, I'm making use of my free breeding time to see if I can "add some spice to the Storybook" by trying to breed out an Obsidian Cyclops with my unicorn + rock rhino. :P

ninasidstorm8
01-19-16, 12:34 PM
I'm with you on this prediction. I too expect a rather quiet update with perhaps a rereleased animal or again a YALBA. I'm not looking forward to the latter though (unless it's something utterly cool).
What I'm really hoping for is a rerelease of the Nightmare and/or Skeletal Dragon, or..... maybe better.... a new gem-hybrid or if TL decides to have mercy on us, a new breedable permanent Treasure animal. I really miss those.

For now, as the Storybook is really easy, I'm making use of my free breeding time to see if I can "add some spice to the Storybook" by trying to breed out an Obsidian Cyclops with my unicorn + rock rhino. :P

Looks like you got your wish, a new Gem hybrid.

ogreve
01-19-16, 01:05 PM
Looks like you got your wish, a new Gem hybrid.

H*LL YEAH!
I just saw that too and couldn't believe my eyes!
This is SO cool and it's everything I wanted from this update!
It's really beautiful and I directly switched to trying for this animal. It will be a really nice agenda to be going for this. I wonder what the breeding time will be. I've got a feeling it will not be 45 but e.g. 44 hours or so. Something to set it apart from the Ruby Razorback.

SmaugyHobit
01-19-16, 02:09 PM
I think it's 48 hours, and I love this animal hope I have time to breed for it soon!

chaaarmi
01-21-16, 01:25 AM
:)

chaaarmi
01-21-16, 01:25 AM
Hey guys!!! Has anyone seen the latest update of the game... It talks about a new type of animal the zodiac yaaaay can't wait for the new animals.....

ninasidstorm8
01-21-16, 08:43 AM
The latest App update provided us with a couple pieces of information.
- The LEGENDARY Garnet Griffin has landed.
- NEW TYPE Zodiac
- WORLD EVENT: Celebrate Valentine's Day with a New World Event

The Garnet Griffin was released Tuesday before the update, so nothing new there. We should be seeing a new type of element called Zodiac. If it's like other elements, we will need an expansion to reach the common animal or there could be a way to breed a Zodiac common. The new element could be released at any time.

A Valentine's World Event uses an icon, so it must follow the 3 icon rule. Players were allowed to wait up to 4 days to start the 10 day Storybook Adventure so it will not end for everyone until the end of day before the JAN 29 update. Therefore, to accommodate the regular tournament schedule, the earliest the World Event can start is the JAN 29 update. If it's going to finish before Valentine's Day, then it would need to start on JAN 29. Of course most of the holiday world events have run through the corresponding holiday. JAN 29 is also exactly 6 weeks from the start of the previous World Event and most World Events have started approximately 6 weeks after the start of the previous one.

We are overdue for a Goal Line animal and a new Battleground. Since neither needs an icon, they can start as part of any update. Since I am no longer sure they are part of the FFS feature set, I am going to stop guessing when they may occur. A new Breeding Trio starts approximately every 6 weeks which would mean we will get one in a couple weeks, probably starting around FEB 2.

The following summarizes the last few special events released in January along with my projections for the rest of the month and the beginning of February.

JAN 12 - Spin to Win - 3 days
JAN 15 - 18 round tournament, Start new Storybook Adventure
JAN 19
JAN 22
JAN 29 - Start of Valentine's World Event
FEB 2 - Start of Breeding Trio
FEB 5 - 18 round tournament

Silverrain1
01-21-16, 11:21 AM
The latest App update provided us with a couple pieces of information.
- The LEGENDARY Garnet Griffin has landed.
- NEW TYPE Zodiac
- WORLD EVENT: Celebrate Valentine's Day with a New World Event

The Garnet Griffin was released Tuesday before the update, so nothing new there. We should be seeing a new type of element called Zodiac. If it's like other elements, we will need an expansion to reach the common animal or there could be a way to breed a Zodiac common. The new element could be released at any time.

A Valentine's World Event uses an icon, so it must follow the 3 icon rule. Players were allowed to wait up to 4 days to start the 10 day Storybook Adventure so it will not end for everyone until the end of day before the JAN 29 update. Therefore, to accommodate the regular tournament schedule, the earliest the World Event can start is the JAN 29 update. If it's going to finish before Valentine's Day, then it would need to start on JAN 29. Of course most of the holiday world events have run through the corresponding holiday. JAN 29 is also exactly 6 weeks from the start of the previous World Event and most World Events have started approximately 6 weeks after the start of the previous one.

We are overdue for a Goal Line animal and a new Battleground. Since neither needs an icon, they can start as part of any update. Since I am no longer sure they are part of the FFS feature set, I am going to stop guessing when they may occur. A new Breeding Trio starts approximately every 6 weeks which would mean we will get one in a couple weeks, probably starting around FEB 2.

The following summarizes the last few special events released in January along with my projections for the rest of the month and the beginning of February.

JAN 12 - Spin to Win - 3 days
JAN 15 - 18 round tournament, Start new Storybook Adventure
JAN 19
JAN 22
JAN 29 - Start of Valentine's World Event
FEB 2 - Start of Breeding Trio
FEB 5 - 18 round tournament

U guys r so amazing! I have no idea how u can do all that but it's such a good source of information to have. Way above my head lol

LonePudding
01-21-16, 12:25 PM
A new element!!! I can't wait to see it! I'm hoping for each zodiac animal to be released at its time of the year. For example, right now we could only breed for an Aquarius animal, after Feb 19th, we can only try for a Pisces animal etc etc. That'd be fun I think.

Scribbles138
01-21-16, 12:49 PM
A new element!!! I can't wait to see it! I'm hoping for each zodiac animal to be released at its time of the year. For example, right now we could only breed for an Aquarius animal, after Feb 19th, we can only try for a Pisces animal etc etc. That'd be fun I think.

Your idea of fun sounds a lot like my idea of frustrating. :p

NannaSherry
01-21-16, 07:52 PM

LOL you and me both scribbles. The game you love to hate. My breeding luck has been negative. The only thing I can accomplish are the battle tournaments. And even then I can have a tough time and haven't been overly successful on those flash tourneys. Zodiac animals could be cool but we need at least a 50% shot to get these creatures.

Silverrain1
01-21-16, 11:56 PM
I see that the loading screen has changed, what is the name of the bear? Beside the matripony?

matiasabad94
01-22-16, 12:03 AM
I see that the loading screen has changed, what is the name of the bear? Beside the matripony?

That's a Valentiger :)

LonePudding
01-22-16, 12:26 AM

Haha, I guess my idea could also be a bit frustrating but at least the animal would be limited for longer than a week! These week-long limited animals aren't here for long enough!

I hope the new element is revealed today.

federerGOAT
01-22-16, 05:25 AM
Did anyone get gems for applying the valentine update in ios?

I got 14 gems on the android platform but it is a bit different to ios (it's a new installation of the valentine version and not a simple update like ios).

Silverrain1
01-22-16, 06:07 AM
That's a Valentiger :)

Aw thank you. It's been bugging me so much. I have that one to but didn't recognise it in its baby form. I thought it might have been a valentine one as I missed out on all of them.

31aug2002
01-22-16, 10:34 AM

I got 14 gems on the android platform but it is a bit different to ios (it's a new installation of the valentine version and not a simple update like ios).
I got them too on my android phone. My iOS version updated automatically.

LonePudding
01-22-16, 12:05 PM

Because games on the iOS platform are usually updated and not released as a new version, I don't think it is possible to get gems (unless you have access to an Android device). On the rare occasion, S8 will release a special version for iOS as well as Androids like last summer's Animal Story Beach Edition (or something along those lines).

ninasidstorm8
01-22-16, 12:34 PM
New Battleground, Another YALBA (a Tortigloo) and a Value pack containing Captain K9 from the Service Trio. I am glad to see the battleground.

Scribbles138
01-22-16, 12:35 PM
New Battleground, Another YALBA (a Tortigloo) and a Value pack containing Captain K9 from the Service Trio. I am glad to see the battleground.

I'm so excited about the battleground! It's been far too long.

mrhammy48
01-22-16, 12:39 PM
I'm so excited about the battleground! It's been far too long.

My battleground isn't working. Only 1 round. Anyone else?

LonePudding
01-22-16, 12:40 PM

Same here. And when I tried to play that round my game crashed. For the 6th time since today's update. A reinstall didn't help either. :(

Scribbles138
01-22-16, 12:42 PM
It took a couple of taps before it would let me in...kept saying that I've reached the end of the battlegrounds. It wasn't until I clicked the icon in the bottom left that I was able to get in. It only shows the first round, and when I tap on that, it says my reward is 1 coin.

NannaSherry
01-22-16, 12:42 PM

Yeah mine is strange. I can't see what the end result will be. I beat the first opponent (wyburn), but still shows me at level 1. Although we are going through a snow path.

Sandybellee
01-22-16, 12:45 PM
It took a couple of taps before it would let me in...kept saying that I've reached the end of the battlegrounds. It wasn't until I clicked the icon in the bottom left that I was able to get in. It only shows the first round, and when I tap on that, it says my reward is 1 coin.

It's not working at all. I won first round and got the 1 coin reward and it still only shows the first round. :p

Sandybellee
01-22-16, 12:47 PM
Did anyone get a splash ad for the Tortigloo? I didn't but I'd like to see what it looks like as an adult. It's not marked limited in the shop so I'm also wondering what the ad said.

natxjkkggg
01-22-16, 12:47 PM
Me too also the same.there is only the number one and You Could defeat wyburn but the next is again wyburn???

LonePudding
01-22-16, 12:51 PM
I created a thread in the bugs section, hopefully TL can fix this for us soon.

Clark_Wayne
01-22-16, 12:54 PM
my battleground isn't working neither : i took down wyburn, got 1 coin (! :confused: !) but can not go to round 2

Silverrain1
01-22-16, 12:55 PM
I got a splash screen for the turtle, can't quite remember what it said but it did say 80% of price for a limited time. Iv only been able to complete level one of the battlegrounds to
Just got a second splash screen, timer says 6 days 22 hours

LonePudding
01-22-16, 01:18 PM
This has been fixed now. All the rounds are there.

Regina;1239448']Please force close your game, this should be fixed now! Thank you! :D

Just to add, round 1 will need to be defeated again, and the Wyburn is now a Neapolitiger. :)

natxjkkggg
01-22-16, 01:23 PM
Battleground all goes right now

ogreve
01-22-16, 01:25 PM
This is the splash screen for the new turtle..

Sandybellee
01-22-16, 01:40 PM
This is the splash screen for the new turtle..

Thank you! It looks like just the sale is limited. At least I'm hoping so. :p

monbohn
01-22-16, 02:04 PM
Since I am still a semi new player I haven't yet finished the initial available battlegrounds. I am in the middle of one at the moment....will I still be able to do the one that came out today? So far it's not showing up for me.

Sandybellee
01-22-16, 02:07 PM
Since I am still a semi new player I haven't yet finished the initial available battlegrounds. I am in the middle of one at the moment....will I still be able to do the one that came out today? So far it's not showing up for me.

You can do it after you finish all the previous ones. :)

monbohn
01-22-16, 02:37 PM
You can do it after you finish all the previous ones. :)

So it's a permanent addition? Yay! Not sure how many battlegrounds I have left to go through but I enjoy them. And the extra food from wins is helpful during Storybook. :-)

federerGOAT
01-22-16, 07:29 PM
Was hoping with the android update that Storm8 would fix the aspect ratio of the game.
All Storm8 games are stretched and zoomed when playing on the samsung galaxy Tab S2.

ninasidstorm8
01-25-16, 04:17 PM
We should be getting a new 30 round 6 day Battle Arena tournament with tomorrow's update. If we do, then the earliest the Valentine's World Event could start is the Jan 29 update. The one thing that may push the World Event back until at least the FEB 2 update is the fact that a tournament in progress would not be able to give tokens for the World Event. There is a small chance that S8 could start the World Event tomorrow and push the tournament off to the Friday update like they did in November but I doubt they would do that.

In a little over 20 hours we should know more.

Clark_Wayne
01-25-16, 05:50 PM
We should be getting a new 30 round 6 day Battle Arena tournament with tomorrow's update. If we do, then the earliest the Valentine's World Event could start is the Jan 29 update. The one thing that may push the World Event back until at least the FEB 2 update is the fact that a tournament in progress would not be able to give tokens for the World Event. There is a small chance that S8 could start the World Event tomorrow and push the tournament off to the Friday update like they did in November but I doubt they would do that.

just finished tales ! would like some relax time (sigh)

Drachenia
01-25-16, 06:09 PM
Please, please, a new country in which update tonight, I want my 6 farms have again

31aug2002
01-25-16, 07:21 PM
Well I was expecting a world event so planted rune prunes which would be ready in time for the update tonight!!
Ah well... ,!!

calvinxx
01-25-16, 09:16 PM

I really hope they don't do the world event until closer to Valentine's Day. I also hope it isn't as long as the Xmas one. 30 days is ridiculous I felt like it would never end! 14 day max would be good for me. Start it Feb 2 and end it two days after Valentines

Sandybellee
01-26-16, 11:03 AM
Eagerly waiting for today's update! Hoping for the introduction of the Zodiac element although that would interrupt Garnet Griffin attempts. (Well, just about anything is welcome right now as I'm resting with a very sore mouth after a dental treatment earlier today! :p)

ninasidstorm8
01-26-16, 12:38 PM
Looks like they tossed in a Spin to Win along with the Tournament. That eliminates the possibility of the World Event with Friday's update. It cannot start until next Tuesday's update at the earliest.

Sandybellee
01-26-16, 12:38 PM
Huh?! Spin to Win with 2 currently breedable animals as prizes???

RowanaFarrin
01-26-16, 12:44 PM
Huh?! Spin to Win with 2 currently breedable animals as prizes???

It's true. I double checked the shop and Chilly Goat and Freezel are both still available to bred (I already have both too). That's quite disappointing. The Frostrich is rather pretty though, hopefully plenty of us will get lucky enough to get one!

Sandybellee
01-26-16, 12:48 PM
It's true. I double checked the shop and Chilly Goat and Freezel are both still available to bred (I already have both too). That's quite disappointing. The Frostrich is rather pretty though, hopefully plenty of us will get lucky enough to get one!

I have them too! They could at least have chosen super rare animals for the wheel if they have to be currently breedable ones. I really hope this isn't what we're always going to get from now on.

Anyway, I like the Frostrich too and I don't have Chilldebeest either so at least there's those two to go for.

31aug2002
01-26-16, 01:02 PM
There is also a 6 day tournament.
Calling LonePudding or chippychan to start a thread on that pls.
Will be eternally grateful.
Thanking you guys in advance.

FlatFoot
01-26-16, 01:32 PM
Eagerly waiting for today's update! Hoping for the introduction of the Zodiac element although that would interrupt Garnet Griffin attempts.

Hrmmm... looks like the stars weren't aligned for today, but they seem to be coming together...

ogreve
01-26-16, 01:41 PM
Hrmmm... looks like the stars weren't aligned for today, but they seem to be coming together...

Hahaha you're certainly a real tease!
You've got us sitting on hot coals here...:P
I'm definitely very curious to see what the Zodiac element will bring.
Tnx in advance already for having introduced something new to the game!
That will be very refreshing and therefore almost certainly very welcome! :)

Sandybellee
01-26-16, 01:41 PM

Good to know! We'll be patiently waiting. :)

31aug2002
01-26-16, 01:54 PM
Eagerly waiting for the Zodiac to start!!
Well would love if the start with Aquarius , as I am one !! And this is the right time to start with that sun sign!!

FlatFoot
01-26-16, 01:56 PM
Eagerly waiting for the Zodiac to start!!
Well would love if the start with Aquarius , as I am one !! And this is the right time to start with that sun sign!!

...The stars shine brightly for you.... ;P

ninasidstorm8
01-27-16, 11:14 AM
The Spin to Win came a little early with the Jan 26 update. Since there is also a 6 day tournament going on, the Valentine World Event cannot start until the FEB 2 update at the earliest, since Spin to Win and tournaments use an icon.

The Storm 8 Blog and Facebook announced the introduction of the Aquarius animal with the new Zodiac element. No indication yet of how we obtain the animal. Following is a list of the past few events along with my latest projections of what may be coming next.

JAN 12 – Spin to Win – 3 days
JAN 15 – 18 round tournament, Start new Storybook Adventure
JAN 19 –
JAN 22 –
JAN 26 – 30 Round tournament, Spin to Win
JAN 29 – Start of Breeding Trio, New Zodiac Element
FEB 2 – Start of Valentine’s World Event
FEB 5 – 18 round tournament

jojopeanut
01-30-16, 12:23 PM
I like the idea of world event starting Tue, but how will that coincide with collecting item's for world event while collecting vases for the goal? This is my first goal animal, I guess they figure all our vase collecting should be done by Tue. But it's alot of vases I don't know.

ninasidstorm8
01-30-16, 12:54 PM
I like the idea of world event starting Tue, but how will that coincide with collecting item's for world event while collecting vases for the goal? This is my first goal animal, I guess they figure all our vase collecting should be done by Tue. But it's alot of vases I don't know.

If the S8 programmer's have coded things well, having a Goal line animal running while there is a World Event going on should not be a problem. There is at least one other instance when they were running at the same time. The Egyptian Escapade World Event started on JUL 31 2015. The Last Unicorgi Goal Line started Aug 4 2015, so they ran in parallel. There may be other occurrences as well, but I didn't look any further once I saw that one.

I am planning on the World Event starting with the FEB 2 update but it wouldn't surprise me if S8 decides to wait until the FEB 5 update.

ninasidstorm8
02-01-16, 10:17 AM
The Spin to Win came a little early with the Jan 26 update. Since there is also a 6 day tournament going on, the Valentine World Event cannot start until the FEB 2 update at the earliest, since Spin to Win and tournaments use an icon.

The Storm 8 Blog and Facebook announced the introduction of the Aquarius animal with the new Zodiac element. No indication yet of how we obtain the animal. Following is a list of the past few events along with my latest projections of what may be coming next.

JAN 12 – Spin to Win – 3 days
JAN 15 – 18 round tournament, Start new Storybook Adventure
JAN 19 –
JAN 22 –
JAN 26 – 30 Round tournament, Spin to Win
JAN 29 – Start of Breeding Trio, New Zodiac Element
FEB 2 – Start of Valentine’s World Event
FEB 5 – 18 round tournament

We are getting the Zodiac animal through a Goal line. I think its reasonable to assume that the animals corresponding to the other signs will be released the same way, once a month. A Breeding trio is due anytime. I hope it doesn't start until after the Aquarius Goal Line is complete on Friday. Two breeding goals running in parallel would be difficult for us to manage. I think it would be best for the Breeding Trio to start with the FEB 9 update. I expect that tomorrow's update will be the start of the Valentines's World Event and we will have an 18 round tournament starting with the Friday update.

I will be planting 20 hour crops in a little over 6 hours in preparation of a World Event. I currently have 15 explosives for the mine. When I am about to move an animal to the nest, I use the number of explosives I could receive from the move to keep my total as high as possible until the World Event starts.

ThynaSmith
02-01-16, 11:02 AM
Do you guys know if we buy the new Zodiac habitat (the East?), if we can store it, or we have to place it right away?

kooky panda
02-01-16, 11:13 AM
Do you guys know if we buy the new Zodiac habitat (the East?), if we can store it, or we have to place it right away?
You will have to place it right away.

Scribbles138
02-01-16, 07:25 PM
I'm at 94% on the vases, so I should be done tomorrow morning. I failed to plant 20 hour crops, so if a world event starts tomorrow I'll be behind. I'm an early riser for work, so I'll be able to plant 8 hour crops when I wake up that I can harvest at update time. I always worry on the world events, but I normally finish the last individual prize about two days ahead of time, so I'm trying not to be anxious about the fact that I didn't plant them.

ThynaSmith
02-01-16, 11:41 PM
Thank you, Kooky Panda!

ogreve
02-02-16, 03:19 AM
Yesterday I planted the last batches of Rune Prunes I needed on both accounts to finish the Astral Vases collecting steps for the Aquarius animal.
This morning around 4:00 a.m. the batch on my main account was done and I considered waiting for right after tonight's update, but that would dock me so much time that I decided to harvest them then (around 8:00 a.m. CET) and proceed for the Aquarius already. I did directly afterwards put in another batch of Rune Prunes, so at least tomorrow morning I'll have a decent start if a world event starts tonight. For my secondary account the Rune Prunes will finish later, so those ones will probably be sat out, particularly as I don't access my old iPhone 4 (on which my secondary account runs) so often and FFS is tediously slow on it, hence not giving a nice playing experience. Some time ago I decided to not bother with things like tournaments in that account, with exception of fighting perhaps the first 10 rounds or so when we can collect some special world event items.

We'll see if the world event starts tonight. I'm not looking very much forward to another one now already. I'd much rather focus on the Celestial stuff, but as only one habitat is on sale now, expansions are still a ways out of reach, and the other 3 Celestial habitats are not on sale (at this time at least), perhaps a world event is not so bad. It's certainly better than a YALBA release...

We'll see...

LauraGSJK
02-02-16, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know if there is a thread dedicated solely to the Age of Aquarius (not sure if that's the correct title) goal? I can't find one. I'd really appreciate any help.

MaribouMay
02-03-16, 01:01 AM
Does anyone know if there is a thread dedicated solely to the Age of Aquarius (not sure if that's the correct title) goal? I can't find one. I'd really appreciate any help.

There is this thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88622-Aquarius-January-29-2016

ninasidstorm8
02-03-16, 10:00 AM
It looks like we will be having a busy February. I have summarized the February schedule below. Items in bold are items that have already happened or officially announced by S8, the other elements are my projections. Depending on the length of the Spin to Win, there are a number of days it could happen this month but I think the next one will be either FEB 19 or 23 with FEB 19 being my best guess. We are due for a new Storybook at the beginning of March, so I think that will wait until the Mar 1 update.

The next Zodiac animal should be Pisces (the Fish) which runs between FEB 19 and MAR 20. So a Goal line for Pisces could start around FEB 19. I think it would be a good idea to plan for it starting with the FEB 19 update, although I think it is more likely to start with the FEB 23 update.

JAN 26: 30 Round tournament, Spin to Win
JAN 29: Age of Aquarius Goal Line Starts

FEB 2: Start of 17 day Valentine’s World Event, Sweetheart Trio- First Animal
FEB 5: 18 round tournament, Sweetheart Trio- Second Animal, Age of Aquarius Goal Line ends
FEB 9: Sweetheart Trio- Third Animal
FEB 12:
FEB 16: 30 Round tournament
FEB 19: Valentine’s World Event ends, Spin to Win
FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends, Pisces Goal Line
FEB 26: 18 round tournament

MAR 1: Start new Storybook

I am going to copy this post to Post #2 and update it there so people can find it a little easier.

LauraGSJK
02-03-16, 08:31 PM
There is this thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88622-Aquarius-January-29-2016

Thank you, thank you, thank you Maribou! I don't know why I couldn't find it anywhere. I really appreciate your help!

ninasidstorm8
02-05-16, 08:13 AM
I have freed up my Breeding Den for today's update. It looks to me like the second of the Sweetheart Trio is a fox or some kind of cat. I am thinking it will probably be a Water/Nature animal so that breeding the final animal will be a four-element combination.

LonePudding
02-05-16, 11:49 AM
I have freed up my Breeding Den for today's update. It looks to me like the second of the Sweetheart Trio is a fox or some kind of cat. I am thinking it will probably be a Water/Nature animal so that breeding the final animal will be a four-element combination.

Why do you think they will make a final trio animal that needs 4 elements? I thought they would stray away from doing that..?

ninasidstorm8
02-05-16, 12:20 PM
Why do you think they will make a final trio animal that needs 4 elements? I thought they would stray away from doing that..?

That is what they did with the last trio Gives players a chance to breed a Crystal Unicorn as well.

ninasidstorm8
02-05-16, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately the Aquafox is not the tournament prize but is on sale for 280 gems. The 18 round tournament prize is the Quake Snake. The second of the Lovers Lane Trio is a Kissy Cat which is Electric/Fire. The animal in the Value Pack is the Heartvark from last year's World Event.

Sandybellee
02-05-16, 01:57 PM
And now we're just waiting for a brave soul to start the tournament thread! :D

MaribouMay
02-05-16, 02:02 PM
And now we're just waiting for a brave soul to start the tournament thread! :D

Hahahaha! Exactly what I was thinking.