PDA

View Full Version : Skeletal Steed - 2015 Oct 20 (Skull Trio Part II)

ogreve
10-20-15, 11:33 AM
Breeding combination nature-fire!

Nature-fire.
Rarity: Rare.
Breeding and incubation: 16 hours.
Evolution time: 17 hours.
[Animal details and individual pictures taken from an external site - I hope this is o.k. if not I'll remove them]

This has got to be one of the prettiest FFS animals ever in epic form!
This horse is a must-have!

I still need a Paradise Parrot too, so there are good fails from this combination and the most common one has a breeding time of only 3 hours.

calvinxx
10-20-15, 11:35 AM
16 hour breed time

Sandybellee
Thank goodness it's not earth-fire!

bluefoxcrystal
I got a 16 hour breeding time... Could this be it?

SuzieQ477
10-20-15, 11:36 AM
So happy it's nature/ fire. I'm gonna try some 4 element breedings with the Sugarskull Glider and the Ruby Razorback and hopefully get a second Unicorn as a fail.

cardinalpsy
10-20-15, 11:50 AM
Got it second attempt with pyro pony and Quartz Quetzalcoatl. Breeding time 16 hrs. Pretty looking egg, too. Good luck everyone. :)

SummerNightSky
10-20-15, 11:52 AM
I got a 16 hour breeding time... Could this be it?
Congratulations on your Skeletal Steed!

Congratulations calvinxx and cardinalpsy on yours as well! Best of luck to everyone trying for it! It is awesome that one needs to breed Nature/Fire instead of Earth/Fire.

Sandybellee
10-20-15, 12:02 PM
Speeded the last 3 hours of Sugarskull Glider breeding to begin trying for the Steed:

1) Fairy Ferret

So now there's a 10 hour gap overnight. Very tempting to speed when the Ferret is done... But the evolution flower will still be occupied for about 4 hours at that time because I didn't notice that the Harvest Horder takes 16 hours to evolve instead of 11. Hmm...

littelprincess0313
10-20-15, 12:03 PM
Hey can I breed this without having the first animal?

ninasidstorm8
10-20-15, 12:16 PM
I hope the number of animals for the combination doesn't affect the chances of getting the trio animal since Nature/Fire already has 7 possible outcomes, all of which I have. I am still working on the Sugarskull Glider and have bred all the other Earth/Nature animals at least twice except the Grassquatch which I bred once.

Also it looks like the feeding schedule for this animal is the highest one. I hope that is not true.

kuppikahvia
10-20-15, 12:21 PM
I hope the number of animals for the combination doesn't affect the chances of getting the trio animal since Nature/Fire already has 7 possible outcomes, all of which I have. I am still working on the Sugarskull Glider and have bred all the other Earth/Nature animals at least twice except the Grassquatch which I bred once.

Also it looks like the feeding schedule for this animal is the highest one. I hope that is not true.

But we can breed the steed even while we have NOT yet bred the Glider, am I right? Or do they normally have to be bred in the release order?

ThynaSmith
10-20-15, 12:21 PM

I'm right there with you, ninasidstorm8! Or almost, since I don't have all the animals this combination yields. But still trying for the Sugarskull Glider, meh.

HappyHeartBakery
10-20-15, 12:27 PM
Now to swap back and forth btw trio animal # 1 & the new trio animal # 2...
And the follow up question: should I try 3 element attempts, swap back & forth btw straight up breeding or throw in some 4 element attempts so as not to potentially 'waste' my breeding time

ninasidstorm8
10-20-15, 12:28 PM
But we can breed the steed even while we have NOT yet bred the Glider, am I right? Or do they normally have to be bred in the release order?

Yes, you can breed the Steed without breeding the Sugarskull Glider. It is only the last of the trio that you can't breed without the other two. The exception is that you can breed the last of the trio with two Crystal Unicorns, providing that it is a single element animal.

ThynaSmith
10-20-15, 12:29 PM
Yes, you can breed the Steed without breeding the Sugarskull Glider. It is only the last of the trio that you can't breed without the other two. The exception is that you can breed the last of the trio with two Crystal Unicorns, providing that it is a single element animal.

Good to know! Thank you for the info!

ninasidstorm8
10-20-15, 12:30 PM
Now to swap back and forth btw trio animal # 1 & the new trio animal # 2...
And the follow up question: should I try 3 element attempts, swap back & forth btw straight up breeding or throw in some 4 element attempts so as not to potentially 'waste' my breeding time

The one problem with the strategies you propose is that you can easily create gaps in your breeding time since the fail times are so different for the two combinations. In addition, trying for both at the same time (3 elements) introduces Earth/Fire fails which have the longer fail times than either Earth/Nature or Nature/Fire.

31aug2002
10-20-15, 12:31 PM
OMG !! OMG!! OMG!! I think I have finally got it ... I am getting something on the first day of its release... There is nothing else of nature/ fire with 16 hrs . Rt??

I did do some speed breeding.. Well about 70 gems worth... But hey what the heck.

Drachenia
10-20-15, 12:34 PM
Hello my first attempt with Cactus Kitsune / Quartz Quetzalcoatl is Vinotaur
2. Fairy Ferret :( Ouch Ouch which will again be a flood Fairy Ferret give

jim23cash
10-20-15, 12:35 PM
I got it with Hummingburn and Emerald Dragon; but only after getting a 41 hour fail with Krampus and Emerald, my first Quartz Quetzacoatl! Woo Hoo!
:D Annie

Sandybellee
10-20-15, 12:35 PM
OMG !! OMG!! OMG!! I think I have finally got it ... I am getting something on the first day of its release... There is nothing else of nature/ fire with 16 hrs?? Rt??
I did do some speed breeding.. Well about 70 gems worth... But hey what the heck.

Yes! You got it!!! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!!!

Sandybellee
10-20-15, 12:37 PM
I got it with Hummingburn and Emerald Dragon; but only after getting a 41 hour fail with Krampus and Emerald, my first Quartz Quetzacoatl! Woo Hoo!
:D Annie

Congrats on both! :)

31aug2002
10-20-15, 12:39 PM
Yes! You got it!!! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!!!
Thank you so much!!
And best of luck for everyone trying.
After having a dismal performance in the last trio, I was just hoping to get smthng this time round. Have had a sad week trying to breed the sugar glider :( . But now after this will try for that. And if I get both then I will buy the habitat!!

ogreve
10-20-15, 12:40 PM
Regarding the breeding order: yes you can breed them in either order. At least that has always been the case so far for trios.

@happyheartbakery: anything goes but it makes most sense to do one of the following:
-straight attempts: these give the least amount of fails
-nature-fire-earth attempts: gives shots at both animals and has fewer outcomes than 4-element breeding
-4-element attempts, preferably with one of these animals and/or a correct gem-hybrid as breeding partner: this gives shot at a unicorn and possibly also gem hybrids (if you used a gem-hybrid), by having gem and/or skull as part of the mix, the amount of outcomes is strongly reduced

For the three element attempts the unicorn can also be used (for those who have it), but it has then to be paired with a fire-nature OR earth-nature hybrid so you can't go for both animals at the same time with this combination, but... You'd essentially be doing almost the same as straight attempts with the added advantage that you can also get gem hybrids as outcome

31aug2002
10-20-15, 12:41 PM
I really have had very poor results while breeding so when I do get something I get very excited.
But hang in there everyone . I am rooting for you all . And am grateful to all who rooted for me.

evys_mom
10-20-15, 01:03 PM
So, I tried what worked to get me the Glider- use panda/pyro and speed through about 7-10 fails - but that didn't work. I decided to take a break for couple of hours and come back. While folding laundry combos were running through my head (yes I have OCD hehe). I suddenly thought, station Dalmatian & glider is awesome because 4 elements very limited outcome... Too bad the Dalmatian isn't in the breeding list!!!

So, why is the Glider there, but not the Dalmatian or Captain K9? I understand the St. Bernard being a single element, but not the other two.

ninasidstorm8
10-20-15, 01:10 PM
So, I tried what worked to get me the Glider- use panda/pyro and speed through about 7-10 fails - but that didn't work. I decided to take a break for couple of hours and come back. While folding laundry combos were running through my head (yes I have OCD hehe). I suddenly thought, station Dalmatian & glider is awesome because 4 elements very limited outcome... Too bad the Dalmatian isn't in the breeding list!!!

So, why is the Glider there, but not the Dalmatian or Captain K9? I understand the St. Bernard being a single element, but not the other two.

Once the time for breeding the final animal of a trio has ended, the animals in that trio are removed from the breeding list. S8 does that for the very reason you wanted to use the Station Dalmatian.

evys_mom
10-20-15, 01:37 PM
Once the time for breeding the final animal of a trio has ended, the animals in that trio are removed from the breeding list. S8 does that for the very reason you wanted to use the Station Dalmatian.
Ahhh. Thank you for the info :)

LynsoKevin
10-20-15, 02:13 PM
Anyone that has had success already, suggest there combinations? I did pyro and sidekicker but got paradise parrot, speeded it up and did skull glider with solar simian both at level 4 though does that make a difference? Got a fairy ferret though. Hope I get this one the animal looks good

ogreve
10-20-15, 02:13 PM
All, I just updated the OP with images and other information of this new steed.
Check out the pictures of it: this Steed has got to be one of the prettiest FFS animals in epic form.
This one I consider an absolute must-have: I'll be all in trying for it!
Let's just hope that the game has some mercy on me and grants me one -- preferably easily...

ThynaSmith
10-20-15, 02:23 PM
OMG !! OMG!! OMG!! I think I have finally got it ... I am getting something on the first day of its release... There is nothing else of nature/ fire with 16 hrs . Rt??

Yay!! Congratulations! I hope you have luck with the other animals, too!

forestwald
10-20-15, 02:50 PM
First attempt - fairy ferret. Hopefully I won't end up with a bunch of them....

calvinxx
10-20-15, 02:52 PM

The egg is quite pretty and I agree with ogreve that the steed itself is also one of the prettiest FFS animals. I already made my glider epic but I think I might have to make this one too :)

ogreve
10-20-15, 03:24 PM
Well guys and gals,
In light of this being such a beautiful animal, and in light of having gotten the first animal so quickly I really wanted to breed out this one too; I figure that IF I ever have a really good opportunity at having aims for a Unicorn or fire-gem or nature-gem hybrid, it would be now.
Well, I didn't get it on my first try, which was a Fairy Ferret. It just finished hatching and I wanted to have maybe a few more shots at it before bedtime kicks in. So, I sped the remaining 10 hours of Sugarskull Glider hatching time away, and put in a second attempt with my Quartz Quetzalcoatl and the Pyro Pony and got...:

...I think I'm about to faint! I truly cannot believe the luck I've been having over the past few days!! :D
Truly amazing! In only 4 days time my opinion on THE two FFS features that I had come to very strongly dislike has turned 180 degrees: first the Spin to Win feature finally became generous with animals and now the trio breeding is going really well. You're reading it right, but in order to actually grasp the impact of it, I'll write it again (even if only otherwise I myself wouldn't even believe it): the TRIO breeding is going really well. :D :D :D

Wowie! The first two animals were gotten early. Now I'll have to raise this new horsey quickly to a level above 4 and then the 4-element fun can start, before the Dragon is released!!! :)

I just HAD to sped this one to the nest directly. I then put in the same breeding formula that has given no less than TWO players a Unicorn today, being the Sugarskull Glider + Bansheep, but alas, lightning did not strike twice: 17 hours timer...

Still, I'm having a very good time these days in the game and a gem sale is on now. In light of having bought several spins on the wheel today and having sped some steps today, I'm down to 106 gems. I think I'll be nice back to TL and reward them by buying some gems. I sure can use them well to speed some matters in order to do 4-element breeding attempts, preferably before we'll have to go for the most difficult trio animal: the new dragon that will be released this Friday.

sweetdeda
10-20-15, 03:43 PM
Congrats Ogreve! Another beautiful egg, I think I will pop over and take a peak at it. I finally got the sugarglider so I'm now attempting to breed a new horse, as soon as I do get it it's going to epic, has to be ready to join the other ponies in my forest for battle!

Good luck all hope we get this new animal quickly!

ninasidstorm8
10-20-15, 03:50 PM
Well guys and gals,
In light of this being such a beautiful animal, and in light of having gotten the first animal so quickly I really wanted to breed out this one too; I figure that IF I ever have a really good opportunity at having aims for a Unicorn or fire-gem or nature-gem hybrid, it would be now.
Well, I didn't get it on my first try, which was a Fairy Ferret. It just finished hatching and I wanted to have maybe a few more shots at it before bedtime kicks in. So, I sped the remaining 10 hours of Sugarskull Glider hatching time away, and put in a second attempt with my Quartz Quetzalcoatl and the Pyro Pony and got...:

...I think I'm about to faint! I truly cannot believe the luck I've been having over the past few days!! :D
Truly amazing! In only 4 days time my opinion on THE two FFS features that I had come to very strongly dislike has turned 180 degrees: first the Spin to Win feature finally became generous with animals and now the trio breeding is going really well. You're reading it right, but in order to actually grasp the impact of it, I'll write it again (even if only otherwise I myself wouldn't even believe it): the TRIO breeding is going really well. :D :D :D

Wowie! The first two animals were gotten early. Now I'll have to raise this new horsey quickly to a level above 4 and then the 4-element fun can start, before the Dragon is released!!! :)

I just HAD to sped this one to the nest directly. I then put in the same breeding formula that has given no less than TWO players a Unicorn today, being the Sugarskull Glider + Bansheep, but alas, lightning did not strike twice: 17 hours timer...

Still, I'm having a very good time these days in the game and a gem sale is on now. In light of having bought several spins on the wheel today and having sped some steps today, I'm down to 106 gems. I think I'll be nice back to TL and reward them by buying some gems. I sure can use them well to speed some matters in order to do 4-element breeding attempts, preferably before we'll have to go for the most difficult trio animal: the new dragon that will be released this Friday.

Congratulations, and you have a couple of days to use the two in some interesting combinations before it's time for the third.

Hawksmoor
10-20-15, 03:58 PM
Congrats Ogreve and everyone else who's got it so far, including myself!! Panda and Pyro on third try (first 2 fails were Fairy Ferret's).

FYI in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, there's no gem reward for the Steed either, just XP.

ogreve
10-20-15, 03:58 PM
Alright... please pardon my enthusiasm, but I'm currently in "full FFS overdrive" now.... I calculated out how it would play out if I would let the egg hatch, and then still would have to go through one evolution before I could do a first breeding with the new steed. And, ehhhh, oh yeah, there's also the fact that it's 00:40 now in my timezone but I'm on such an "FFS-high" right now that I *think* I would get precious little sleep if I weren't to work a bit more on my agendas, so..... I calculated out some matters and it all came together beautifully: I sped the Steed right into the habitat and had some quick fun with it and fed it to the point where it could evolve. I then sped-cleared the last 6 hours of Frightingale evolution time away and sent the Steed into the flower. In 17 hours she will be done, so tomorrow I can have my first "free 4-element" attempt with it.
Meanwhile... there was still 16:30 hours of breeding time in the den and the nest had been emptied. I wanted to hatch one of my four (!) Pumpkin Pandas into it as earlier today my little one and I for the very first time cut a Halloween pumpkin which came out beautifully (if I may say so myself), so that would seem most fitting, and... it has precisely a 16 hour incubation time! Nice! "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Next, the Frightingale was fed up to the point where it can undergo its second evolution, a thing I plan to do tomorrow when the Steed clears the flower. The Frightingale is cheap to raise, but unfortunately the Steed takes the feeding costs of an ultra rare. :(

Well! Let's not let that spoil the fun! Today was a good day in the forest. From the moment I sped the Sugarskull Glider from the nest until now, precisely 50 gems had been spent on all the actions of speeding the breeding, hatching and the flower. I went down from 135 to 85 gems and I really, really, really, really, really, but no... REALLY want to do some significant breeding attempts at a Unicorn with the Steed + the QQ, so I decided to be nice back to TL and to have some speeding means by making use of a 530 gem pack sale.... I'll try not to go crazy with them, as Black Friday is not all that far away and gems will be needed for that day, but at least it gives some "speeding ammo". :P

For now, I'll try to catch some sleep, and shall sign off with two pictures of the latest and greatest new addition to the forest; for a beauty it IS! :)

ogreve
10-20-15, 04:07 PM
Congrats Ogreve! Another beautiful egg, I think I will pop over and take a peak at it. I finally got the sugarglider so I'm now attempting to breed a new horse, as soon as I do get it it's going to epic, has to be ready to join the other ponies in my forest for battle!

Firstly congrats to everyone who has managed to get trio animals and/or other good outcomes, like the gem animals that several lucky ones got! :)

Then.... Oooopsie: I fear your visit will come too late: I already sped the egg away and into the flower she already went. For now the screenshots will have to do, I fear...

At this point in time, regardless of what my luck for breeding the dragon will be, I'm already playing with the idea of force breeding a few more of these steeds just before the event is over (possibly some duplicates will be gotten without having to force breed more of them). This is a particularly beautiful animal, so I can see myself buying a second habitat for it and filling that with three Steeds....:P

ogreve
10-20-15, 04:10 PM
@Chippychan: I just had one shot in the battleground with the Sugarskull Glider: Skull is strong to the combination of dark-electric (not sure to which of the two precisely)...

LynsoKevin
10-20-15, 04:23 PM
What do you need to breed the QQ?

sweetdeda
10-20-15, 04:30 PM
Firstly congrats to everyone who has managed to get trio animals and/or other good outcomes, like the gem animals that several lucky ones got! :)

Then.... Oooopsie: I fear your visit will come too late: I already sped the egg away and into the flower she already went. For now the screenshots will have to do, I fear...

At this point in time, regardless of what my luck for breeding the dragon will be, I'm already playing with the idea of force breeding a few more of these steeds just before the event is over (possibly some duplicates will be gotten without having to force breed more of them). This is a particularly beautiful animal, so I can see myself buying a second habitat for it and filling that with three Steeds....:P

I got there in time to see her in the habitat, and noticed your pumpkin panda egg. Congrats to having a very successful forest, I hope it continues for you. Maybe soon your forest will be home to a unicorn. :)

evys_mom
10-20-15, 04:35 PM
This us off topic, but Ogreve reminded me of a question I have had for some time. Is there any specific cycle for gem sales? Like 7 days after one ends another one starts. I keep meaning to track it, but I always forget.

sweetdeda
10-20-15, 04:37 PM
This us off topic, but Ogreve reminded me of a question I have had for some time. Is there any specific cycle for gem sales? Like 7 days after one ends another one starts. I keep meaning to track it, but I always forget.
Not that I've noticed, sometimes I get them every couple days, other times it seems like more than a week. And I know some players have stated that hadn't seen a sale in months.

ninasidstorm8
10-20-15, 04:42 PM
What do you need to breed the QQ?

To breed a Quartz Quetzlcoatl you have to have animals that include the Gem and Nature elements.

mrhammy48
10-20-15, 04:55 PM
I can't believe it! I got it first try! I used super rares epic cactus kitsune and epic krampus. Usually I never breed with these guys as I use them for tournaments. Holy cow! That has never happened for me!

LynsoKevin
10-20-15, 05:01 PM
To breed a Quartz Quetzlcoatl you have to have animals that include the Gem and Nature elements.

Awk well that's out the window for me lol I don't have any gem

evys_mom
10-20-15, 05:26 PM
Not that I've noticed, sometimes I get them every couple days, other times it seems like more than a week. And I know some players have stated that hadn't seen a sale in months.

Thanks! I thought as much.

Drachenia
10-20-15, 05:39 PM
3. 6 hours get, is Solar Simian or Fallaby or Paradise Parrot

RowanaFarrin
10-20-15, 05:49 PM
Wow! Not only is this one beautiful, but fire/nature was a much better combination than I thought we'd get! Short time for the common, plus several animals that I don't yet have should hopefully make for a more interesting time breeding for this one. While I don't have the glider yet, I'm going to switch to breeding for this one instead. I figure if I only get lucky enough to get one, I'd rather it was this one! ^_^

ThynaSmith
10-20-15, 06:32 PM
I really, really, really want this one!! The only "pony" thing I have is the Pyro Pony :(

evys_mom
10-20-15, 08:03 PM
I really, really, really want this one!! The only "pony" thing I have is the Pyro Pony :(

I think this might be the most beautiful FFS animal yet or at least a three way tie with the prize pony & QQ. I try to avoid buying animals with gems unless they are deeply discounted. I will have to make an exception for this one if I don't breed in the next few days. I absolutely must have it.

Drachenia
10-20-15, 08:58 PM
Is Paradise Parrot
4. Fairy Ferret :( :( Ouch ouch

SuzieQ477
10-20-15, 11:23 PM
Wow I've just bred this!!! 4th try with Sugarskull Glider and Ruby Razorback. First 3 tries were Fairy Ferrets.

LynsoKevin
10-21-15, 12:24 AM
Does anyone know if the levels of animal makes any difference when breeding! Ie a higher chance of success if the animal is epic?

31aug2002
10-21-15, 01:07 AM
@ogreve
Firstly congratulations on getting both the trio animals. And most of all congratulations on the turn around in trio breeding. Your enthusiasm and excitement is very infectious and I can relate to it as you and I have been having a similar luck in breeding.
I was also jumping with joy when I got the steed...
Congratulations to everyone who have got it. And to all those still trying.. Hang in there your luck will change too.
I am still trying for the first one in this trio and hope to get it before the week is over.

31aug2002
10-21-15, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know if the levels of animal makes any difference when breeding! Ie a higher chance of success if the animal is epic?
No as far as I can tell it doesn't matter what lvl the breeding animals are. It's just a question of pure luck!!
Trying with the two pure elements i.e. Fire and nature will give you limited fails. If you add another element your scope will lessen as the number of animals you get as fails will be more.

LynsoKevin
10-21-15, 01:26 AM
No as far as I can tell it doesn't matter what lvl the breeding animals are. It's just a question of pure luck!!
Trying with the two pure elements i.e. Fire and nature will give you limited fails. If you add another element your scope will lessen as the number of animals you get as fails will be more.

I used glider and solar simian is that ok? First person got it with that

Sandybellee
10-21-15, 01:30 AM
@ogreve Wow! Big congrats! Hopefully you'll get the Unicorn now too! :)

I decided to speed for this beauty because she's absolutely gorgeous and many seemed to be getting her with a few tries. Spent about 200 gems and didn't get her. Ugh! I reaaally must have this one! I'd love to have all the horses and this is maybe the most beautiful one of them all.

The only good thing is I'm expanding to Solar Bear right now.

HappyHeartBakery
10-21-15, 03:08 AM
Regarding the breeding order: yes you can breed them in either order. At least that has always been the case so far for trios.

@happyheartbakery: anything goes but it makes most sense to do one of the following:
-straight attempts: these give the least amount of fails
-nature-fire-earth attempts: gives shots at both animals and has fewer outcomes than 4-element breeding
-4-element attempts, preferably with one of these animals and/or a correct gem-hybrid as breeding partner: this gives shot at a unicorn and possibly also gem hybrids (if you used a gem-hybrid), by having gem and/or skull as part of the mix, the amount of outcomes is strongly reduced

For the three element attempts the unicorn can also be used (for those who have it), but it has then to be paired with a fire-nature OR earth-nature hybrid so you can't go for both animals at the same time with this combination, but... You'd essentially be doing almost the same as straight attempts with the added advantage that you can also get gem hybrids as outcome

Thanks for your amazing analysis;)
And Congrats on your great lucky breeding streak. Hoping you get your Unicorn soon too (& me for that matter).
Guess the smart thing for me to do is probably just rotate straight attempts at trio #1 & #2. I didn't get the nightengale either, so may throw in at least 1 attempt at that before it expires (although I'm not sure the nightengale will leave the market yet, just the goal prize??).

Hope I can get one of these soon! Good luck to all

forestwald
10-21-15, 04:21 AM
Yay! 16 hr egg! Used paradise parrot and krampus.

Drachenia
10-21-15, 05:19 AM
Is Paradise Parrot
4. Fairy Ferret :( :( Ouch ouch
5. Fairy Ferret :( :( Ouch not Fairy Ferret please give me the Skeletal Steed
6. Skeletal Steed :D :cool:
Oh what joy I got it Skeletal Steed, Thank you TL I love this pony
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151021/3rw63je4.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151022/3cdpo5te.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

natxjkkggg
10-21-15, 05:24 AM
By using unicorn and sugarskullglyder I got my fourth sugarskullglyder!!!!!!!! I sold it because I Hope to get the skeletal steed by trying and trying again. I wisch I would be able to spend one of them for Friends or neighbours!!

Listal
10-21-15, 06:43 AM
Can you use a glider and a fire animal to get it?

LynsoKevin
10-21-15, 06:44 AM
Really want the skeletal steed!! Really trying to be hopful as never had all trios only first animals!! Keeping faith here

Drachenia
10-21-15, 06:50 AM
By using unicorn and sugarskullglyder I got my fourth sugarskullglyder!!!!!!!! I sold it because I Hope to get the skeletal steed by trying and trying again. I wisch I would be able to spend one of them for Friends or neighbours!!

If you have Sugarskull Glider / Crystal Unicorn as a breeding pair, you can get Sugarskull Glider, Emerald Dragon, Quartz Quetzalcoatel, Obsidian Cylops :D

kuppikahvia
10-21-15, 06:58 AM
Olafo... First of all a big congrats from my part, too! You said you got your steed on your 2nd attempt, right? Guess what!? :D I'm sure you have already understood what has happened in my forest...!

I wish I had had the same luck with the Glider too, but as for that I'll have to try and catch up asap :-p

More of this good luck to everybody still trying, let's go!

Listal
10-21-15, 08:11 AM
Will breeding a Skull Glinder and say a pyro pony work to get the skeletal steed?

ninasidstorm8
10-21-15, 08:30 AM
Will breeding a Skull Glinder and say a pyro pony work to get the skeletal steed?

Yes, any combination that includes Fire and Nature will work.

flowless
10-21-15, 08:37 AM
I noticed i cant breed a single limited animal for a long time
The dog service trio results were nothing even after trying for the entire time continusally
Even the common and rare animlas required for story events are extremly hard i had fo spend 200 saved gems to get iceclaw

Im thinking im blocked or something
Its like u bought gems before
Then u wont fet any animal unless u buy it
Cuz after that my breeding results changed drastically

Do i dare to hope with this trio
Or is it time to leave the game

Luv the game but im disappointed that my gane wont le me breed at all

Doompicnic
10-21-15, 08:54 AM
@flowless I tend to agree with you. My Iphone account has much better luck with breeding (I have never bought gems there)
My main account on my Ipad where I have bought gems ..I have a terrible time with breeding and not much luck with limited/trio breeding.

natxjkkggg
10-21-15, 09:12 AM
Now after Four Fairy Ferrets with the combination sugarskullglyder and Pyro Pony I got a 13 hour evolution. But I can not found a Fire/ natur animal that needs 13 hours for evolution??!!

ogreve
10-21-15, 09:28 AM
Olafo... First of all a big congrats from my part, too! You said you got your steed on your 2nd attempt, right? Guess what!? :D I'm sure you have already understood what has happened in my forest...!

I wish I had had the same luck with the Glider too, but as for that I'll have to try and catch up asap :-p

More of this good luck to everybody still trying, let's go!

Excellent news, congrats! :)

As for me, for the very first time since starting to play FFS I decided to have a stab at a "strategic gamble": full speeding of the Quartz Quetzalcoatl and the Skeletal Steed. The reasoning is easy: this OUGHT to be a combination with pretty good odds at an ultra rare (or at least, so we assume...) and I also need a Paradise Parrot still.
I decided to try it until I either would have gotten a gem animal or until I had gathered enough bombs to mine enough runes for making an expansion, being the one to the Solar Bear plot.
I'm sad to say that in 25 attempts I got absolutely nothing new. I went from 618 gems to 420, so that's 198 gems blown on nothing but a quick expansion, and that's taking into account that this is the combination with the shortest fail times....
I learnt an important lesson from it: speeding is not my game. I don't like it. It didn't give me any enjoyment; it only gave the desire that I hadn't done so. Well. Lesson learnt.
It's a bummer that I didn't even get a Paradise Parrot out of it. If indeed the odds at a Unicorn or other gem-animal are better now with those odds, then I'm not getting any, at least not so far.
For now I'll still continue breeding with that same combination until Friday's update, but I shall not attempt to speed through further attempts...:/

bluefoxcrystal
10-21-15, 11:24 AM
Congrats to all who got her! As well as sugar skull glider ^^ much luck getting more, or getting the dragon on Friday ^^

Listal
10-21-15, 11:27 AM
What combos have worked to land the new Horse?

Silverrain1
10-21-15, 12:01 PM
Hope I can get this one, looks pretty nice. I don't need any other fire/nature animals so will all be duplicates for me. Or I could use my crystal unicorn perhaps?i don't have any other gem animals so any of them would be appreciated! What would be the best animal to pair my unicorn with to get a gem animal but still have a shot at this animal?

evys_mom
10-21-15, 12:07 PM
Hope I can get this one, looks pretty nice. I don't need any other fire/nature animals so will all be duplicates for me. Or I could use my crystal unicorn perhaps?i don't have any other gem animals so any of them would be appreciated! What would be the best animal to pair my unicorn with to get a gem animal but still have a shot at this animal?

With just the Crystal and any nature/fire animal you have a shot at the QQ, Emerald, or Ruby Razorback. I actually got Cyclops, Ruby and Emerald trying for another different goal animal... I think one was during iciclaw and other two during a story book. It was an obstacle to get tied up for 90 hours, but welcome at the same time.

Sandybellee
10-21-15, 12:13 PM
Aaargh! Still just fails for me. I know it's only been a day since it became available, but I want this horse so much! The epic form is simply gorgeous. I haven't speeded other than the gaps anymore today but altogether I think I'm around 30 attempts in. Come on, beautiful horsey! Come live in my forest! Pretty please!

Silverrain1
10-21-15, 12:16 PM
QUOTE=evys_mom;1192998]With just the Crystal and any nature/fire animal you have a shot at the QQ, Emerald, or Ruby Razorback. I actually got Cyclops, Ruby and Emerald trying for another different goal animal... I think one was during iciclaw and other two during a story book. It was an obstacle to get tied up for 90 hours, but welcome at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I thought that but didn't want to waste time breeding if it wasn't going to be effective. I've not had much luck with gem hybrids (although I do understand the rarity of them!) I tried and tried for the pearl one (which came out the day after I got my unicorn!) but had no luck with that, got my hopes up and even picked out a name for it! Well at least this way I can try for a hybrid and the steed

Silverrain1
10-21-15, 12:17 PM
Aaargh! Still just fails for me. I know it's only been a day since it became available, but I want this horse so much! The epic form is simply gorgeous. I haven't speeded other than the gaps anymore today but altogether I think I'm around 30 attempts in. Come on, beautiful horsey! Come live in my forest! Pretty please!
I am the same, mostly fairy ferrets! Hopefully get it tho! Good luck to all!

LynsoKevin
10-21-15, 02:27 PM
16 hour breed time

How do you manage to have that amount of gems food and money! I have to do as I go along.

SummerNightSky
10-21-15, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this one is harder to get than the Sugar Skull Glider. If there was a fixed chance of getting a rare animal, and each rare animal had an equal chance of being bred (chance of getting a rare divided by the number of possible rares), the chance of getting a Skeletal Steed would be smaller than the chance of getting a Sugarskull Glider (there are 3 permanent Nature/Fire rares whereas there are only 2 permanent Earth/Nature rares). That's all speculation, of course: we don't know exactly how S8/TL determines the odds.

I've made 9 attempts so far (lv.7 Pandaffodil x lv.7 Pyro Pony):
Fairy Ferret
Fairy Ferret
Fairy Ferret
Solar Simian (new)
Fairy Ferret
Fairy Ferret
Fairy Ferret
Fairy Ferret
Skeletal Steed (target acquired!)

It'd be cool to get a Vinotaur, as that one is needed for a goal and to breed Treasure Toucan.

ninasidstorm8
10-21-15, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this one is harder to get than the Sugar Skull Glider. If there was a fixed chance of getting a rare animal, and each rare animal had an equal chance of being bred (chance of getting a rare divided by the number of possible rares), the chance of getting a Skeletal Steed would be smaller than the chance of getting a Sugarskull Glider (there are 3 permanent Nature/Fire rares whereas there are only 2 permanent Earth/Nature rares). That's all speculation, of course: we don't know exactly how S8/TL determines the odds.

I've made 5 attempts so far (lv.7 Pandaffodil x lv.7 Pyro Pony):
Fairy Ferret
Fairy Ferret
Fairy Ferret
Solar Simian (new)
Fairy Ferret
Fairy Ferret

It'd be cool to get a Vinotaur, as that one is needed for a goal and to breed Treasure Toucan.

I have the same concern and I haven't bred any of the trio yet. I believe the odds for the Skeletal Steed are worse than the Sugarskull Glider because the Skeletal Steed costs more in the Shop to purchase. I think that the number of possible fails has nothing to do with the odds of breeding one of the trios. My guess is that S8 sets the odds for these special breeding situations independently of the normal breeding calculation. That way it can be put in and removed without affecting the normal breeding odds.

SummerNightSky
10-21-15, 05:39 PM
I have the same concern and I haven't bred any of the trio yet. I believe the odds for the Skeletal Steed are worse than the Sugarskull Glider because the Skeletal Steed costs more in the Shop to purchase. I think that the number of possible fails has nothing to do with the odds of breeding one of the trios. My guess is that S8 sets the odds for these special breeding situations independently of the normal breeding calculation. That way it can be put in and removed without affecting the normal breeding odds.
Yeah, I noticed it was more expensive in the shop. I'd be tempted to buy it if I'm not lucky enough to breed one if the cost wasn't so ridiculous. It costs $35 dollars (U.S., and not including my state's sales tax) for 1400 gems when you have a gem sale, so they are essentially asking me to pay ~$17.50 to buy. Yeaahh no lol.

I haven't bred any of the trio yet either. I just switched to this one because I obtained all the permanent Earth/Nature animals trying for the Glider, whereas I have 4 permanent Nature/Fire animals that I still need (Jackalope and all the super rares), so it just seemed like more worth my time to try for the Skeletal Steed.

Best of luck to you and everyone else going for these guys :)

debrasbistro
10-21-15, 05:49 PM

Hi Nina, I also believe the odds are set differently, but why do they seem so uneven to the point where some have bred 3-4 sugar skull gliders and easily bred steeds, and some like myself who have tried everything and sped cannot get one despite myriad tries. Some were all upset, some didn't even want the 'creepy' habitat, yet as soon as they got the animals, they are in love with TL. Some feel more deserving, but, in truth, everyone is deserving. Some of us have not got trios, but some feel that makes them deserve this, yet some of us did not get the dogs, these, or others. I sometimes get whiplash following who is upset with TL one minute, then adores them, to the point of admonishing others for their feelings. Yes, I have spent plenty on this game of pixels, but it does not make me more deserving than a new player. Sorry to be blunt, just had to speak my mind. I feel equal to everyone playing and I wish everyone breeding success for whatever they want. Equally. Good luck to ALL.

ninasidstorm8
10-21-15, 06:05 PM
Hi Nina, I also believe the odds are set differently, but why do they seem so uneven to the point where some have bred 3-4 sugar skull gliders and easily bred steeds, and some like myself who have tried everything and sped cannot get one despite myriad tries. Some were all upset, some didn't even want the 'creepy' habitat, yet as soon as they got the animals, they are in love with TL. Some feel more deserving, but, in truth, everyone is deserving. Some of us have not got trios, but some feel that makes them deserve this, yet some of us did not get the dogs, these, or others. I sometimes get whiplash following who is upset with TL one minute, then adores them, to the point of admonishing others for their feelings. Yes, I have spent plenty on this game of pixels, but it does not make me more deserving than a new player. Sorry to be blunt, just had to speak my mind. I feel equal to everyone playing and I wish everyone breeding success for whatever they want. Equally. Good luck to ALL.

I didn't mean to imply the odds are set differently by player, just that the odds are set independently of the number of other animals that the element combination can produce. As for why some players get multiple Skull animals while others are having a difficult time, that is just how probability works. Someone has to be at either end of the bell curve while most players will be in the middle. Some of the players that have bred the first two animals of the trio didn't breed a single one last time.

I figure my good luck at the earlier trios caught up with me.

matiasabad94
10-21-15, 06:45 PM
I have spent around 200 gems speed breeding with horrible results: not one animal from this trio. S8, please, please change the odds, there's something really fishy about this.

SummerNightSky
10-21-15, 06:50 PM
I have spent around 200 gems speed breeding with horrible results: not one animal from this trio. S8, please, please change the odds, there's something really fishy about this.
The problem is, regardless of the odds, there is never a guarantee that someone will get an animal. Even if the odds of breeding a skull trio animal were say 10%, it is entirely possible (without anything fishy going on) that someone could make hundreds of attempts (actually an infinite number of attempts) and still not get one. That's the sucky thing about probability.

RowanaFarrin
10-21-15, 08:43 PM
Well, it's not one of the pretty steeds, but I did just get a 7 hour timer for my first Vinotaur! ^_^ Pretty happy about that!

reeisme
10-21-15, 09:01 PM
I got him on my 2nd try with magmacore and pandaffodil. (Figured I might as well try for both skeletal creatures.) I won't buy the habitat unless I get another. First fail was a fairy ferret so now I get to choose something from storage to hatch during the gap.

I've come into some good breeding luck lately after a long dry spell too... Lunar moth, ghostrich, Trick-or-Treent, and now skeletal steed! Happy. I had terrible luck with the wheel this time (only received a duplicate panda and ruins) but this makes up for it.

Good luck to all of you in your breeding.

Krisenfest
10-21-15, 11:01 PM
Been lucky and got both so far on first and 2nd attempts with just the normal one element types as parents. speeded a 3 hour fail and got 16 next.

Good luck all:)

LonePudding
10-21-15, 11:27 PM
I think I got this on my first try!! 16 hours with simple pyro pony and pandaffodil. I'm so happy! I don't mind if I can't breed the other two now.

reeisme
10-21-15, 11:46 PM
I think I got this on my first try!! 16 hours with simple pyro pony and pandaffodil. I'm so happy! I don't mind if I can't breed the other two now.

Me either. Except I'd like to get the habitat... but not if it's only for one.

Sandybellee
10-22-15, 12:59 AM

I don't think anyone feels more deserving than other players - it's rather that people feel getting a rare animal shouldn't be so hard. I readily confess I'm one of the people who think trio breeding odds have been way too hard - for all of us. I'm still not planning to buy the skull habitat unless I get the dragon, lol! :D
Anyway, breeding can be very frustrating and I think everyone has a right to feel their feelings and voice their frustrations.
BTW, some of the people who have got multiple gliders have used a combo that can only produce another glider. If you get one of these special element animals, you can always force breed more of them.
I hope you get the trio animals soon!

Congrats to everyone who has bred the Steed and/or the glider and good luck to us all! :)

SummerNightSky
10-22-15, 01:44 AM
Can't believe it, got a 16 hour timer just a few minutes ago!!

I guess I need to decide when I want to go back to Plantlers Purgatory to try for Sugarskull Glider. I might alternate tries with hatching my 3 animals in storage.

Hope everyone is successful at welcoming a Skeletal Steed to their forests!

EDIT: Maybe I don't have to go back to Plantlers Purgatory. I could try Skeletal Steed + Pandaffodil, for a chance at Sugarskull Glider and the 4 Nature/Fire animals I still need.

ogreve
10-22-15, 01:55 AM

Hi,
I don't think it's so much a case of "personal jealousy/envy" of one another, but rather a "general feeling of frustration" when you put in many attempts and get nothing out of it. Please don't understand the following incorrectly but the thing that always gets a bit under my skin in that way is when I've been waiting in anticipation for the update time to come round, then it comes, then something cool is released and next thing you know is the first few days you see a lot of posts to the effect of "hey, I got this on the first try.." and you yourself are seeing fail after fail occur and feel "ooooohhhh I want to get lucky like that too....". I think that's pretty much as far as it goes. At times I like to visit forests of others that have so many nice animals I have and I stare at them in awe, but never with a feeling like "da*mn, why does this person have X gem animals and I only have a single bought one, I deserve it more than they do...". I think if the moment comes that one starts to have feelings like that, it's better to quit the game altogether. After all, these are just pixelated animations and we don't know if those people spent a small fortune on the game or not.

As for trios: I had read early on that using a trio-hybrid for breeding attempts at a Crystal Unicorn are far better than when using other animals, so I always wanted to breed at least one of the hybrids very early in the event so I could have plenty of shots at the CU. Here's what happened though, and what is the thing which I didn't like about the first two trios I participated in (i.e. Cosmic and Music): I didn't get any of the animals until very late in the event, so all chances at 4-element breedings were voided or I'd seriously compromise chances at getting the other animals. With Cosmic in the end at least it worked out, as when I finally had the Plutopus there were only some 2 days left in the event, and then, whadoyaknow: I actually for once was one of the lucky people who got the Caturn on my first attempt. With Music, it took a long time to get the Lullabison and the frustrating part was that it shared the 12 hour timer with the most dreaded outcome of all: the Armordillo. That was not nice. I then had a major deja vu moment, as I didn't get the Tubacan until 1-2 days before the end of the event. With a little bit of speeding I managed to put in 2-3 attempts at the Melodeer (I was very low on gems then). On my first or second attempt I got a 17 hour timer and thought that the Caturn luck repeated itself, but no, it was the schmuck looking Aperil Fool playing a prank on me: major disappointment and I never got the Melodeer. Bummer, but not a total fail: beautiful habitat and two nice new animals.
Then came the Service trio... that really WAS a bad one. Again I so desperately wanted to get ONE animal early. Well, it was 3 weeks of breeding two of the most horrendous combinations: earth-fire, earth-nature. Despite 3 weeks of breeding and some speeding I did not get a single one of them. That was absolutely no fun as I had no desire whatsoever to do earth-fire or earth-nature breedings at that time. That was when I started to hate the trios. I don't seriously have any hard feelings nowadays when seeing the Service animals, but still I make jokes about these "Hellhounds" etc.
Now then... just when the shock of the Service trio disaster had worn off, came another trio and it started off with earth-nature and I feared the second animal would require earth-fire, so I was indeed feeling like: "oh noooo, not again..." and it started with fails only, but then I got the SG and it was like all the clouds were cleared away and the sun started shining again: it felt like a bad spell had been broken. Next thing you know, the second animal is released and it did not take an earth-fire combination, but the much kinder nature-fire one. Then I even got the SS on the second attempt already and actually had fun in the trio! I must admit: since that turn of luck, I did start liking this trio at least: they're not bad when you at least get some of the animals without too much trouble.
Now.... this is the very first trio where I could actually do what I had wanted to do for over half a year now: use a trio animal for shots at the CU. And... by pairing it with my (bought) Quartz Quetzalcoatl I would have shots at gem hybrids too. So, I bought gems (530) and yesterday aimed for precisely that. Now I wished I hadn't. It's really not my way of playing this game. I put in 25 attempts, blew 198 gems on it and didn't get any gem-animal, nor the Paradise Parrot (which is the only currently breedable nature-fire animal I still need). It was not entirely done without a secondary agenda: the slow expansion process is ****ing me and I wanted to expand to the Solar Bear AND by doing that have a way of hatching the Werewolf and one of the Pumpkin Pandas. The latter was hatched after having cleared the nest of the SS when I bred it, so it could go into the flower early, and the former started hatching last night as overnight breeding, when in the den I got another SG (now a fail). The speeding was stopped yesterday exactly when I had earned enough runes to expand to the Solar Bear. In a few hours at almost the same time, that expanion ends, the hatching of the Werewolf ends (it will go into the habitat with the Solar Bear) and the breeding of the latest SG ends.

I think in this game it's important to do stuff like that: combining several agendas so at least new things happen in the forest, rather than only getting frustrated over fails or so. I don't want to do full-scale speeding anymore. I'm not sure if at some point I will or will not do so anymore, but it's not something I like doing and it's not something I feel comfortable with; not my game.

Finally, the one thing I've never managed to pull off is breeding ANY gem animal. That's still somewhat of a frustration if you will, or perhaps better put 'a challenge'. It's the one thing I *really* want to achieve. I never kept track of just how many shots I've had at the CU, but I estimate them to pass the 100 mark. Not sure anymore. Well, 25 of those were the sped attempts of last night. The only thing I keep detailed track of, are the outcomes of breedings with my Quartz Quetzalcoatl, as I want to see IF I can get any gem animal with it, and if so, after how many attempts. The full list can be found here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73663-Personal-Breeding-Logs&p=1176789&viewfull=1#post1176789
So far, since buying it I've almost constantly used it in breedings (with some exceptions here and there) and have put in 82 attempts: no gem outcome with it so far...

Anyway, bottomline: the above elaborates the "kinds of frustration" that I can feel at times with particular breedings (especially trios and gem), but it also shows how sometimes it doesn't go like that (i.e. this trio so far has been good to me) and initially it was the same for me with Treasure breeding but at least I did manage to breed one of those (Golden Retriever)....

Good luck to all in breeding these trio animals! I sure hope luck will be had with aiming for the dragon too, I think it will be a spectacular animal...:P

LynsoKevin
10-22-15, 02:43 AM

What level was your pyro and panda?

Scangelina
10-22-15, 07:58 AM
I got a 16 hour timer about 4-5 hours ago with the pyro pony & Pandaffodil also. Congratulations! I was worried I wouldn't get this one. I love this animal & still don't have the glider. I'm like you, I don't mind if I get the other two, but it would be nice. I can't wait to see what the 3rd animal looks like.

LonePudding
10-22-15, 10:12 AM
What level was your pyro and panda?

My pony is level 10 and my panda is level 11 :)

BlueCanary
10-22-15, 10:14 AM
Got a 16 hour timer with Cactus Kitsune and Jackalope.

LonePudding
10-22-15, 10:16 AM
I got a 16 hour timer about 4-5 hours ago with the pyro pony & Pandaffodil also. Congratulations! I was worried I wouldn't get this one. I love this animal & still don't have the glider. I'm like you, I don't mind if I get the other two, but it would be nice. I can't wait to see what the 3rd animal looks like.

Congratulations to you too! I would've been very disappointed if I didn't manage to get this within the two weeks it would be out. I'm so happy, I don't know if I'll bother trying for the sugarskull glider, it'd be nice to get my 13 eggs out of storage instead. I'll see tomorrow how "epic" looking this dragon is. Good luck with your breeding!

LynsoKevin
10-22-15, 11:08 AM
My pony is level 10 and my panda is level 11 :)

I have been trying for days, and had nothing really want the pony

LynsoKevin
10-22-15, 11:09 AM
Can't believe it, got a 16 hour timer just a few minutes ago!!

I guess I need to decide when I want to go back to Plantlers Purgatory to try for Sugarskull Glider. I might alternate tries with hatching my 3 animals in storage.

Hope everyone is successful at welcoming a Skeletal Steed to their forests!

EDIT: Maybe I don't have to go back to Plantlers Purgatory. I could try Skeletal Steed + Pandaffodil, for a chance at Sugarskull Glider and the 4 Nature/Fire animals I still need.

What was your breeding animals?

31aug2002
10-22-15, 11:31 AM
Previously I couldn't even get one trio animal and now I think I am getting my 2nd steed.
QQ + Skeletal steed.
Well this is how it went. After I got the steed two days ago. I went back to my earth nature breeding. Bred one Plantler and I Grassquatch ( which is currently in the nest)
In the mean time I fed my steed to lvl 3 and ready for evolution. But the flower was occupied with the Hibernater.
Well when the steed went in the flower , I came to the forum and read ogreve's post on his personal breeding. So I sped the evolution and quickly fed my steed to lvl 9 , sped the Grassquatch breeding and put it in the nest.
Then put my lvl 14 QQ and lvl 9 steed in the den and up pops 16 hrs.
So I guess I am getting steed no. 2:):)

LynsoKevin
10-22-15, 11:48 AM
Previously I couldn't even get one trio animal and now I think I am getting my 2nd steed.
QQ + Skeletal steed.
Well this is how it went. After I got the steed two days ago. I went back to my earth nature breeding. Bred one Plantler and I Grassquatch ( which is currently in the nest)
In the mean time I fed my steed to lvl 3 and ready for evolution. But the flower was occupied with the Hibernater.
Well when the steed went in the flower , I came to the forum and read ogreve's post on his personal breeding. So I sped the evolution and quickly fed my steed to lvl 9 , sped the Grassquatch breeding and put it in the nest.
Then put my lvl 14 QQ and lvl 9 steed in the den and up pops 16 hrs.
So I guess I am getting steed no. 2:):)

How did you get your first steed? And well done to you wish it was me lol

evys_mom
10-22-15, 11:56 AM
Holy Guacamole Batman!!

I got the Glider yesterday on my second account. I bought the habitat, put the Glider in the nest breed the panda/Pyro. It was a Ferret. Didn't speed, and came back this afternoon. Put the ferret in the nest, fed my glider and sent him to the flower. Put my panda and pyro back in and bam 16 hours. I AM SHOCKED!!!

LynsoKevin
10-22-15, 12:22 PM
Holy Guacamole Batman!!

I got the Glider yesterday on my second account. I bought the habitat, put the Glider in the nest breed the panda/Pyro. It was a Ferret. Didn't speed, and came back this afternoon. Put the ferret in the nest, fed my glider and sent him to the flower. Put my panda and pyro back in and bam 16 hours. I AM SHOCKED!!!

If you don't mind me asking in what order?

Clark_Wayne
10-22-15, 12:32 PM
may be this trio will be easier ? my baby account got the skeletal Steed 1st try :) with pyro pony and pandaffodil

evys_mom
10-22-15, 12:56 PM
If you don't mind me asking in what order?

Sure, no problem. I bred panda (lvl 15) & Pyro (lvl 15) in that order. I have now gotten into the habit of following the order of required animal ie nature/fire; earth/nature; dark/earth; lighting/nature. For me I seem to have better luck that way and using the base animals (pyro, panda, rhino, etc.)

evys_mom
10-22-15, 12:59 PM
may be this trio will be easier ? my baby account got the skeletal Steed 1st try :) with pyro pony and pandaffodil

Congrats!!!! I have to say, what I call base animals seem to be the trick for many players on the limited animals introduced.

LynsoKevin
10-22-15, 01:07 PM
Sure, no problem. I bred panda (lvl 15) & Pyro (lvl 15) in that order. I have now gotten into the habit of following the order of required animal ie nature/fire; earth/nature; dark/earth; lighting/nature. For me I seem to have better luck that way and using the base animals (pyro, panda, rhino, etc.)

Thanks very much for your info, I will try this I have level 15 pyro and 10 panda

31aug2002
10-22-15, 01:15 PM
Hi Lynsokevin
I use d Quartz Quatzelcoatl + pyro pony for my first skeletal steed.
I don't know what lvl you are at, so don't know how familiar you are with the game. I too am a new player and have learnt a lot by reading posts in this forum
There are a few things you have to keep in mind while breeding a TRIO.
1. As I have gathered from all the experiences of players, it is not very easy to breed a trio animal. My first experience was trying to breed the Service trio. I could not breed a single animal till the very last day. And then also only one I.e. Captain K9
2. There is no set combination of animals that will give you the trio animal. You can use any animals with the two elements required ( earth / nature for sugar glider) and nature / fire for the skeletal steed.
3. Luck plays a big role in you getting the animal. During the last trio there was a player who made 52 attempts to get it and still did not get it.
4. Try to use pure elements to try and breeding it . You will have lesser number of animals as fails , for eg for earth nature you will have only 4 outcomes beside the sugar glider

So just hang in there and you may get lucky and get the animals.

Clark_Wayne
10-22-15, 01:40 PM
yes ! pyro-panda 1st try : 16h !
it has been long ago the last time i got something 1st try :D

LynsoKevin
10-22-15, 01:45 PM
Hi Lynsokevin
I use d Quartz Quatzelcoatl + pyro pony for my first skeletal steed.
I don't know what lvl you are at, so don't know how familiar you are with the game. I too am a new player and have learnt a lot by reading posts in this forum
There are a few things you have to keep in mind while breeding a TRIO.
1. As I have gathered from all the experiences of players, it is not very easy to breed a trio animal. My first experience was trying to breed the Service trio. I could not breed a single animal till the very last day. And then also only one I.e. Captain K9
2. There is no set combination of animals that will give you the trio animal. You can use any animals with the two elements required ( earth / nature for sugar glider) and nature / fire for the skeletal steed.
3. Luck plays a big role in you getting the animal. During the last trio there was a player who made 52 attempts to get it and still did not get it.
4. Try to use pure elements to try and breeding it . You will have lesser number of animals as fails , for eg for earth nature you will have only 4 outcomes beside the sugar glider

So just hang in there and you may get lucky and get the animals.

Thank you for getting back to me, I am level 32. I have learned loads aswell through these forums. I don't have the QQ Infact I don't have any gem or unicorn or any ideal animal of these kinds! So this is also very frustrating 4th go I got sugar glider but this time easy 40 odd attempts and still every attempt gives me a fairy ferret. The only other trio I've been involved in is service and again I manager the first animal relatively easy but 2nd and 3rd animal never got.. Same as this don't get it! I'd love to have QQ or unicorn! Hoping for some luck

31aug2002
10-22-15, 02:09 PM
yes ! pyro-panda 1st try : 16h !
it has been long ago the last time i got something 1st try :D
Congratulations!!!

Crr008
10-22-15, 02:25 PM
Kitsune & Fairy Ferret both level 15

Doompicnic
10-22-15, 02:58 PM
So far I have gotten zero animals from the trio. I've been breeding non-stop. Very frustrating and disappointing.

ogreve
10-22-15, 03:59 PM
So far I have gotten zero animals from the trio. I've been breeding non-stop. Very frustrating and disappointing.

It is so odd how that goes: it was like that for me during ALL of the Service Dogs trio, and here we are in another trio and I've already bred 4 Sugarskull Gliders and I just got a second Skeletal Steed timer in the den now. Go figure....
I really hope I can get the Dragon as easily, but I fear not... Well, we'll see, I'll sure do my best for it. The duplicate Skeletal Steed will definitely be kept. I might start working one to epic level while the other goes on breeding duties. I'd love a second of the special habitats and fill that with more of these animals, but I just expanded to the Solar Bear and it takes so long before I can make the next expansion.... That's the single most thing that puts the biggest strain on my forest: too slow expansion rate... I hope we get a Storybook and that one of the steps gives 15 (or more) runes again...:P

GC5410
10-22-15, 05:14 PM
How many of these 3 animal sets (where the third is a new single element) have there been? I hope I get the third animal for this set, otherwise it will be the fifth set I have where I have the first 2 animals, but never manage to get the third (single element) animal!

SummerNightSky
10-22-15, 06:29 PM
What was your breeding animals?
Level 7 Pyro Pony and level 7 Pandaffodil :)
Hope your luck changes for the better!

How many of these 3 animal sets (where the third is a new single element) have there been? I hope I get the third animal for this set, otherwise it will be the fifth set I have where I have the first 2 animals, but never manage to get the third (single element) animal!
There have been five I believe, since Santa Claws isn't single element:
Valentine's Trio (Smitten Kitten, Love Dove, Matripony)
Cosmic Trio (Plutopus, Lemurcury, Caturn)
Music Trio (Lullabison, Tubacan, Melodeer)
Service Trio (Station Dalmation, Captain K9, Saintly Bernard)
Skull Trio (Sugarskull Glider, Skeletal Steed, ???)

My first trio was the Music Trio, where I got Lullabison towards the very end. For the Service Trio, I got Station Dalmatian first try but my luck ended there lol.

jbb4ever
10-22-15, 07:10 PM
I can't believe this! I just got a 16 hour timer with pandaffodil and pyro pony after 2 tries with them. I had tried with other animals at first with no success, so I decided to try those 2 and I got it! I had gotten the sugarskull glider on the first try with rock rhino and pandaffodil which was shocking because I rarely get any animals on the first try. I hope my luck continues for the third animal in the trio! On the last trio, I only got the station dalmatian, so fingers crossed that I will be able to complete this trio!

ninasidstorm8
10-22-15, 07:23 PM

My first trio was the Music Trio, where I got Lullabison towards the very end. For the Service Trio, I got Station Dalmatian first try but my luck ended there lol.

I consider the Christmas trio the first trio even though it worked slightly differently so the Skull Trio is the sixth one. The Christmas Trio was the Reindeer, Toy Poodle, and Santa Claws. They were released at the same time and all have the Christmas element.

RowanaFarrin
10-22-15, 08:01 PM
No trio animals yet for me, but today I got a second vinotaur! Go figure. :P

pinkflower7777
10-22-15, 10:05 PM
After several breeding attempts with many different combos of animals, I just got the Skeletal Steed with Jackalope 14 and Pyro Pony 15!! I am so happy, I really wanted this one. Already have 2 Sugarskull Gliders. Maybe there will be a chance to finish this trio. Good luck to everyone still trying.

hutchyy12345
10-23-15, 01:51 AM
I know it isn't relevant, but can you sell habitats? And I got the steed! Wish I had enough food to get it to epic level, beautiful animal.

hutchyy12345
10-23-15, 01:54 AM
I wish they brought back some of the old trios, the skull trio is the first trio I've got a single animal for! Will the Christmas animals be the same as last year?

ogreve
10-23-15, 01:55 AM
I know it isn't relevant, but can you sell habitats? And I got the steed! Wish I had enough food to get it to epic level, beautiful animal.

Congrats on getting the Steed!
You can sell habitats when they are empty. But... as we cannot send animals into storage, you'd first need to "move out" or sell the animals that are present in a habitat.

GC5410
10-23-15, 02:12 AM

Thank you!

That means I've never managed to breed the single element then! No Matripony, Caturn (bought one weeks later in a value pack as he proved to be a good fighter), Melodeer or Saintly Bernard! I hope I manage to get the dragon at least :)

I consider the Christmas trio the first trio even though it worked slightly differently so the Skull Trio is the sixth one. The Christmas Trio was the Reindeer, Toy Poodle, and Santa Claws. They were released at the same time and all have the Christmas element.

Thank you!

I did get the Santa Claws, so at least I have those three, however it took me a huge amount of gems speed breeding, which is why I haven't bothered for the other ones since.

LynsoKevin
10-23-15, 05:43 AM
Very sad, looks like I won't be getting the steed. Getting nothing but ferrets

Sandybellee
10-23-15, 05:49 AM
Guys! I got just got the Steed!!! Woohoo! I sold the previous Ferret off the nest and said to myself: okay, let's have the next didsappointment and ta-daa, I got 16 hours! This is just a quick note as I'm on vacay (should be able to have some forum time again tonight). :)

LynsoKevin
10-23-15, 06:02 AM
Guys! I got just got the Steed!!! Woohoo! I sold the previous Ferret off the nest and said to myself: okay, let's have the next didsappointment and ta-daa, I got 16 hours! This is just a quick note as I'm on vacay (should be able to have some forum time again tonight). :)

What animal is that you used with pyro?

hutchyy12345
10-23-15, 06:29 AM
Ok, and thank you. It's the first trio I've ever got, provided I can get the dragon.

ogreve
10-23-15, 07:09 AM

You go girl! :)
Remembering very well how both you and I were ONLY getting fails from the service trio despite hanging in there until the very bitter end and despite having put in 50+ attempts, I'm particularly glad to see that you too managed to breed both of the first trio animals! Now let's hope ALL of us can complete the trio...:P
I really hope the breeding (g)od(d)s are with us and that we all manage to breed the dragon too!

31aug2002
10-23-15, 08:59 AM

Congratulations !! I am happy for you that you have managed to get both the animals. Hope you will get the third one too. I still haven't got the sugar glider yet. Hope I get it soon. Or maybe with today's update (fingers crossed)

ninasidstorm8
10-23-15, 09:56 AM
Congratulations to all that have bred the first two animals of the trio. I hope the last one come easily.

rjazz
10-23-15, 10:34 AM
I'm ready to start breeding for the 3rd one. I got 2 steeds-after I finally got the first one, I bred it with a Unicorn and got another! I will keep both!

RowanaFarrin
10-23-15, 10:37 AM

That's wonderful! ^_^ I'm so glad to see many people who had trouble with the last trio doing well with this one. You guys totally deserve to get all these cool animals!

I just moved my latest fairy ferret over and...16 hours! :D I was completely prepared to possibly not get one of these, but I'm so happy I did! Looking forward to seeing what the last one looks like, though I'd still need a glider to breed for it.

LynsoKevin
10-23-15, 10:54 AM
That's wonderful! ^_^ I'm so glad to see many people who had trouble with the last trio doing well with this one. You guys totally deserve to get all these cool animals!

I just moved my latest fairy ferret over and...16 hours! :D I was completely prepared to possibly not get one of these, but I'm so happy I did! Looking forward to seeing what the last one looks like, though I'd still need a glider to breed for it.

Well done to you, What animals did you use

RowanaFarrin
10-23-15, 10:57 AM
Well done to you, What animals did you use

I used Pyro Pony and Pandaffodil, though there were a lot of fairy ferrets before now.

LynsoKevin
10-23-15, 11:01 AM
I used Pyro Pony and Pandaffodil, though there were a lot of fairy ferrets before now.

In what order did you do this? I have given at least over 100 attempts and been unsuccessful. Starting to feel my luck is not about to get any better.

RowanaFarrin
10-23-15, 11:06 AM
In what order did you do this? I have given at least over 100 attempts and been unsuccessful. Starting to feel my luck is not about to get any better.

I'm sorry, I wish I could be more help. :( I don't think the order really matters, but in case it does help, I'm pretty sure I did the Pandaffodil (level 10) on the left/first and the Pyro Pony (level 15) on the right/second. Hope it helps and best of luck to you!

LynsoKevin
10-23-15, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry, I wish I could be more help. :( I don't think the order really matters, but in case it does help, I'm pretty sure I did the Pandaffodil (level 10) on the left/first and the Pyro Pony (level 15) on the right/second. Hope it helps and best of luck to you!

I hope that I have better luck real soon really want that lovely pony. Thanks and best of luck to you aswell

Sandybellee
10-23-15, 12:32 PM
What animal is that you used with pyro?

It's Emerald Dragon.

Sandybellee
10-23-15, 12:37 PM
You go girl! :)
Remembering very well how both you and I were ONLY getting fails from the service trio despite hanging in there until the very bitter end and despite having put in 50+ attempts, I'm particularly glad to see that you too managed to breed both of the first trio animals! Now let's hope ALL of us can complete the trio...:P
I really hope the breeding (g)od(d)s are with us and that we all manage to breed the dragon too!

Thank you, Olafo! :) I know - it was just endless, demoralising fails with the dogs. I'm so glad this trio is working out for us and all the others who have bred the skull animals. Yes, hopefully we can breed the dragon soon, too!

Sandybellee
10-23-15, 12:39 PM
Congratulations !! I am happy for you that you have managed to get both the animals. Hope you will get the third one too. I still haven't got the sugar glider yet. Hope I get it soon. Or maybe with today's update (fingers crossed)

Thank you! I hope you get the glider very soon and then the dragon! :)

Leosnow
10-23-15, 12:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I bred it. Got a 16 hour timer with Jackalope and Pyro Pony. Fingers crossed that it ends up being the Steed!

ThynaSmith
10-23-15, 12:54 PM
Congratulations, Sandybellee!

LocalNews
10-23-15, 01:29 PM
I just got a 16 hour with Pyro pony and sidekicker. Hope it is the steed. I hadn't had any luck so far getting any of the animals.

ogreve
10-23-15, 04:42 PM
Thank you, Olafo! :) I know - it was just endless, demoralising fails with the dogs. I'm so glad this trio is working out for us and all the others who have bred the skull animals. Yes, hopefully we can breed the dragon soon, too!

Ehmmmmm: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85738-Deadwing-Skull-trio-part-III&p=1194311&viewfull=1#post1194311

:D :D :D :D :D

sweetypies97
10-23-15, 07:37 PM
I have given up on the sugar skull glider.

first fail - 3 hours

oo56
10-23-15, 10:32 PM
Still trying for this animal! Time to summon those spirits!:(

Doompicnic
10-24-15, 06:14 AM
Yay! I had luck getting this one. (pyro pony & panda) Next I must try to get sugarskull glider. Good luck to those trying :)

infinitelove19
10-24-15, 12:37 PM
Is there any other nature/fire that is 16 hours?
If not, I GOT IT!!!! Two down, one to go!

LynsoKevin
10-24-15, 01:55 PM
Is there any other nature/fire that is 16 hours?
If not, I GOT IT!!!! Two down, one to go!

What animals did you use, I've still no luck unfortunately! And congratulations xx

catfoodie
10-24-15, 02:03 PM
Ugh I had so many attempts but still can't get the 16 hour timer -.- had 2 sugarskulls doe... At least I usually get 3 hour timer so can try to breed pony couple times a day

Listal
10-24-15, 03:43 PM
I finally got it after an army fairy ferrets and a falby. Weird that I get it with my level 10 pyro pony and level 9 panda instead of my maxed level pony and panda. Used the pair on a whim!^^ So excited!

Hey any that have prey the skeletal steed, have you been able to breed a 2nd? if so, what were you pairings?

LynsoKevin
10-24-15, 04:28 PM
I finally got it after an army fairy ferrets and a falby. Weird that I get it with my level 10 pyro pony and level 9 panda instead of my maxed level pony and panda. Used the pair on a whim!^^ So excited!

Hey any that have prey the skeletal steed, have you been able to breed a 2nd? if so, what were you pairings?

In what order did you do this?

Shadifern
10-24-15, 04:35 PM
I got it on m gem gifting account. I got 3 sugarskull gliders in a row on my normal account. I still need the skeletal steed....

Listal
10-24-15, 05:36 PM
In what order did you do this?

I tried a mix of level 15 pony&panda, 15 pony&skullglider, 15 pony&sidekick, then tried on a whim a level 11pony&level9panda and what do you know, I got it!^^

LynsoKevin
10-24-15, 06:26 PM
I tried a mix of level 15 pony&panda, 15 pony&skullglider, 15 pony&sidekick, then tried on a whim a level 11pony&level9panda and what do you know, I got it!^^

Great stuff congratulations!! I have tried all of what you have raised there and more but no success yet. X

rjazz
10-24-15, 08:48 PM
I bred a second with steed & unicorn. I've also bred 4 more trying for Deadwing with Sugarskull glider & steed.

Listal
10-24-15, 09:11 PM
I bred a second with steed & unicorn. I've also bred 4 more trying for Deadwing with Sugarskull glider & steed.

Thanks and Congrats! I still need to breed a uni! have the 500 worth gem habitat already for her! I hope I have some of that luck, would love two more steeds! I also hope for both of us a dragon or two!

Buttercup0001
10-24-15, 10:51 PM
After numerous attempts, I finally bred the Steed Skull, using Fallaby and Fairy Ferret. So happy as I wanted this animal so much. Hopefully I'll be able to complete this trio, but not going to get my hopes up.

merlin3108
10-25-15, 12:51 AM

Whoa, wish you could send one of those spare ones over to me... After no less then 12 Ferrets, 1 Vinotaur, 2 Fallabies, 1 Solar Simian and now a Flyerfox breeding (already had all of those R and SR) I have yet to wait for my very first Skeletal Steed :confused:

rjazz
10-25-15, 10:12 AM
I've now bred about 6 Steeds & about 8 Skullgiders trying for Deadwing!

oo56
10-25-15, 11:03 AM
I've now bred about 6 Steeds & about 8 Skullgiders trying for Deadwing!

How lucky! I am still trying for this one! Only had luck with 6 hours for the past few days! Hope I can still get it! The Skeletal Steed's spirit does not want to come to my forest!:(

natxjkkggg
10-25-15, 11:53 AM
Hallo rjazz,
What du You use for the skeletal steed?

infinitelove19
10-25-15, 01:04 PM
What animals did you use, I've still no luck unfortunately! And congratulations xx

I'm honestly not sure, it was lower level common green/red animals, think it might have been jackalope & fairy ferret.
Wish you the best of luck. I've had some lousy luck with some of these trios before, so I commiserate with you!

rjazz
10-25-15, 09:38 PM
Hallo rjazz,
What du You use for the skeletal steed?
Sorry I don't remember, once I got it live been breeding Sugarskull & Steed then I bred about 6 more amoung other things.

LynsoKevin
10-26-15, 02:13 AM
Finally after constant 100s of ferrets I have just landed myself a steed!! Thanks to everyone my panda and pony did it for me x

Scribbles138
10-26-15, 06:28 AM
Just fairy ferret fails for me so far. Glad it's only three hours, versus the nine I experienced with the Plantlers.

sweetdeda
10-26-15, 09:12 PM
Just about ready to give up on this one, bred a Racmoon for the story book, put it in in the nest and threw in pyro pony and sugar glider, finally a 16 hour time. At least that still gives me time to try for the final animal of the trio.

Scribbles138
10-27-15, 06:04 AM
Just about ready to give up on this one, bred a Racmoon for the story book, put it in in the nest and threw in pyro pony and sugar glider, finally a 16 hour time. At least that still gives me time to try for the final animal of the trio.

Congratulations! I hope my luck is the same as yours. I have my Racmoon in the next right now, and my latest fairy ferret fail ready in 20 minutes...I'm going to speed the rest of the time on the Racmoon and try again for this one.

Scribbles138
10-27-15, 06:58 AM
Congratulations! I hope my luck is the same as yours. I have my Racmoon in the next right now, and my latest fairy ferret fail ready in 20 minutes...I'm going to speed the rest of the time on the Racmoon and try again for this one.

And another fairy ferret. *sigh*

natxjkkggg
10-28-15, 07:07 AM
I just got a 16 hour result by the combination sugarskullglyder Level 8 and flying fox Level 4. but is'nt a skeletal steed 16 or 17 hour incubation??

ogreve
10-28-15, 10:02 AM
I just got a 16 hour result by the combination sugarskullglyder Level 8 and flying fox Level 4. but is'nt a skeletal steed 16 or 17 hour incubation??

16 hours and that's the only animal you can currently get with that timer and the breeding formula you mentioned, so you got it, congrats!

Clark_Wayne
10-28-15, 07:36 PM
tried sugarskull glider - gold lion for my baby account and got 45h fail ! yes !

Scribbles138
10-28-15, 07:39 PM
tried sugarskull glider - gold lion for my baby account and got 45h fail ! yes !

Congratulations!

Drachenia
10-28-15, 08:35 PM

Cool Clark_Wayne, Congratulations to Crystal Unicorn :D

ogreve
10-29-15, 01:08 AM

Many congrats! :)

...and once again it seems to be raining ultra rares around me.... now would one of them ever land in my forest too? I'm certainly trying!
An interesting breeding formula that you chose; I guess we all know my good 'ole Ember's track record in combat... It's tempting to try and see if he's equally successful in the breeding den. I must say that I normally never pick Ember for breeding; if ever I use a Gold Lion for that, I normally use one of my 3 (normal) adult Gold Lions. Perhaps it's worth a shot. The only trouble is that that formula you used can give loooong timers and it doesn't give me any chance at any of the limited animals that are currently breedable and that I have yet to breed, so it would really be a desperate stab at a Unicorn or at a Paradise Parrot and nature-electric animals other than the Thunderhawk and Catypuss. For some reason I NEVER get any of those "normal breedables" on my main account, yet on my secondary account (as well as on the account that was on the iPad that was stolen) there have been several Paradise Parrots, Porkupines, Eagle Beagles, etc. Go figure....

Scribbles138
10-30-15, 03:43 AM
Took my rainguin out for the storybook and put my pyro pony and panda back in, got a six hour fail this time. I'm starting to lose hope. If I don't get this soon I won't have any time to try for the deadwing and I hate incomplete trios. :(

matiasabad94
10-30-15, 05:07 AM
Took my rainguin out for the storybook and put my pyro pony and panda back in, got a six hour fail this time. I'm starting to lose hope. If I don't get this soon I won't have any time to try for the deadwing and I hate incomplete trios. :(

My thoughts exactly. Every time I see my Space Plate without the Catypuss just makes me want to sell them.

oo56
10-30-15, 03:25 PM
I just got this one!:D Maybe I will be able to go for the Deadwing!:rolleyes:

ninasidstorm8
10-31-15, 09:16 AM
I have 6 failures for the Skeletal Steed so far. Now that I have completed the breeding parts of the Haunted Hollows Storybook Adventure, I can focus on breeding the Skeletal Steed. I don't have time for the 27 failures I had with the Sugarskull Glider, so I hope it comes soon to leave some time to breed the last of the trio.

Scribbles138
10-31-15, 11:44 AM
Still nothing yet for me either. I just bread a Flyerfox, which I thought I had, so it's a good thing I checked. So I guess that's better than yet another Fairy Ferret.

feonalily
10-31-15, 12:11 PM
how rare is it to get this steed??? I just wasted 150 gems speeding things up and only got stuck with fairy ferrets and jackalope. my pairing was Jackalope and Solar Simian :(

ninasidstorm8
11-01-15, 06:55 AM
Last night I bred a Skeletal Steed on my 10th try. It will take another 11 hours to hatch and then another 17 hours in the Evolution Flower, so It will be a little more than a day before I can start breeding for the Deadwing. That will give me almost 5 days to complete the trio, so I still have hope.

Good Luck to everyone still trying.

Scribbles138
11-01-15, 08:43 AM
Last night I bred a Skeletal Steed on my 10th try. It will take another 11 hours to hatch and then another 17 hours in the Evolution Flower, so It will be a little more than a day before I can start breeding for the Deadwing. That will give me almost 5 days to complete the trio, so I still have hope.

Good Luck to everyone still trying.

Congratulations!! I'm starting to lose hope. Already this morning I've had a five hour fail and now another ferret. I don't think I'll be getting this one unless I buy the steed and then speed things along to start trying for the deadwing. Part of me is willing to do that, the other part is angry that it would gave to come to that considering how much time I spend playing this game. I'm not a casual once a day player and yet my breeding odds are terrible. I know they're supposed to be the same for everyone but it sure doesn't feel like it.

Beja326
11-01-15, 02:20 PM
What is going on with this trio? I had 19 fails for the Sugar Glider before I got it. So far I have 35 fails trying for the Steed, three of them were Sugar Gliders. Now I decide to heck with the trio since it seems to be a loosing battle. I breed a Rock Rhino + Pandafoil to try for the Honey Hoarder and get a 13 hour timer. PLEASE tell me this is not another Sugar Glider!

Scribbles138
11-01-15, 07:54 PM
I give up. I've spent so many gems speeding through fails only to get fail after fail after fail. I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that the breeding odds are the same for all of us. I seriously almost bought two gem packs thinking I would buy this, but I'm convinced if I did I wouldn't get the Deadwing by the time the event expires, which would frustrate me even more. I try because I keep hoping I'll get lucky but now I know I'm just kidding myself.

TwiWoods
11-01-15, 08:02 PM
Finally - bred the steed this morning with Pyro and Panda. Almost afraid to hope for the Deadwing. I've never bred all 3 on a trio, here's hoping this is the one to do it!

FigmentValley
11-02-15, 04:15 PM
This looks like it will be the third trio in a row that I cannot breed. Not a single one. Zero. Ziltch. I guess I have been around too long and the difficulty level has been cranked up too high for me. I cannot breed anything. I could not come close to winning the last flash tournament. Can't breed a racmoon. Last storybook I could not breed whatever it was that was required. It must be time to move on to another game.

Trios. Bah humbug.

HappyHeartBakery
11-02-15, 09:35 PM
Ok folks - is this the only 16hr outcome??

Finally bred the sugar glider & 2nd attempt after I've got the 16 hr timer!?! After 1 more failed fairy ferret. Not that I haven't been trying this whole time rotating btw the sugar glider & the steed. Now I'll be able to get a few shots in for 3rd animal in the trio;). Question is - do I buy the habitat with my space that's currently expanding?

31aug2002
11-03-15, 04:07 AM
Ok folks - is this the only 16hr outcome??

Finally bred the sugar glider & 2nd attempt after I've got the 16 hr timer!?! After 1 more failed fairy ferret. Not that I haven't been trying this whole time rotating btw the sugar glider & the steed. Now I'll be able to get a few shots in for 3rd animal in the trio;). Question is - do I buy the habitat with my space that's currently expanding?
Congratulations !!! Hope you get the Deadwing too!!!

HappyHeartBakery
11-03-15, 06:06 AM
Congratulations !!! Hope you get the Deadwing too!!!

Talk about last minute!!
Steed is in the nest....may throw in 1 attempt at limited animals, then deadwing til the end. Fingers crossed! Now if I could just get a unicorn!!

Beja326
11-03-15, 01:32 PM
I feel your pain. Even though I said I would not speed breed, I did it any way. I have had 47 fails for the steed. Yes I said 47! How are other players getting the Steed with only 10 or less fails. I will try breeding again today. Why bother, because I love the steed. Time is running out so I think I might be delusional. Ha! Ha!

amerirish
11-03-15, 02:31 PM
I've been trying with Pyro Pony and Pandaffodil over and over again with no luck. Started using the Sugar Skull and Pyro Pony and still nothing. If I miss out on this one and the next one, I think I'm finally done with this game :(

Scribbles138
11-03-15, 02:39 PM
I've been trying with Pyro Pony and Pandaffodil over and over again with no luck. Started using the Sugar Skull and Pyro Pony and still nothing. If I miss out on this one and the next one, I think I'm finally done with this game :(

I was finally able to breed the glider on Oct. 24. I've been trying since then for this one, and nothing. I really don't see how the odds are the same for everyone when some have bread multiple of these animals and others haven't had any luck at all. I can't see me finishing this trio at this point...after this many days what are my chances of breeding two in the few days left?

ahomeforme
11-04-15, 01:26 AM
I have 4 Skeletal Steed. Got the extra while trying to breed Deadwing. I wish I could just trade with neighbors for other animals. What would I do with 4 steed? She's a beauty alright, but I have not enough space, yet I can't bring myself to sell coz I would never be able to breed it in future. At times like this, I wish there's a trading portal in FFS like DS.

debrasbistro
11-04-15, 04:23 AM
I would be happy with one of the trio.

ThynaSmith
11-05-15, 01:47 PM
I think I just got the Skeletal Steed!! Wow! With less than 12 hours to go!! 25649

locotesx3
11-05-15, 01:52 PM
Think I just got the steed with less then 12 hrs to go. Please storm8 give us more time. I want the 3rd one so badly.

littelprincess0313
11-06-15, 11:35 AM
Think I just got the steed with less then 12 hrs to go. Please storm8 give us more time. I want the 3rd one so badly.

So only got the horse but it's ok as I wasnt really intrested in the other ones. I even got it twice were Im so happy about it cause I like to have it on Lv 4 and 15 :D

But it's still way to difficult to get these timed animals...

sharyl32
10-22-20, 01:39 PM
I just got mine. Quite shocked 16 hrs.57103 15 days left.

sharyl32
10-22-20, 01:43 PM
What did anyone use for Sugarskull Glider?

sharyl32
10-23-20, 08:05 PM

What did you use for sugar glider? Ty