PDA

View Full Version : Black gemstones

savage_mel
10-16-15, 04:33 PM
How do you get your black gemstones for crafting? I can't even breed any black hybrids, let alone enough fails to trade for gemstones:confused:

DeeDe99
10-16-15, 04:56 PM
Mel, I can tell you what happened for me if that helps. I was super lucky to breed Night (parents Water and Magic) at the start of the Art Gala Dragon Tales (we had to "breed a Night dragon with another dragon" and I didn't have one, so scambled to breed one in readiness).

Next I concentrated on getting the Lotus Blossoms from neighbours to craft Lotus. That gave me two black dragons. I traded a Night when I was trying for Black Diamond (still don't have that one!) and that gave me my first small gemstone.

I collected enough Azurite pieces for two Azurite dragons and will trade the second one, hoping for a large Onyx (Super Rare tri-colour so I should get two large and one small).

Reading other experiences, it is slow getting the black ones, but you can get there.

Given that black can split into or add the component types (depending on what else is in the pool), I aim to ensure both dragons carry the minor type (e.g. black) if I am trying for a minor type hybrid.

If black is alone in the pool (e.g. Night and Lotus) then it will add blue and purple, but not split. If black is in the pool with other types it MAY split and then black is not there at all. If all that makes sense. I figure with luck, if I have black in both parents, if one splits, the other hopefully will not - it will just add.

savage_mel
10-16-15, 05:09 PM
Good advice. Thank you DeeDee! I figured crafting more lotuses would be my best bet. I still don't have enough azurite for my first one! So I don't think I'll be getting a second.

Dragosle
10-17-15, 07:35 AM
Lotus dragon sadly cannot be traded so craft more of it will not get you more Onyx. The best way I could suggest for you is keep breeding single Black color dragon with a single(or duo)-color dragon that have only the minor colors of Black (aka Blue and Purple). As for my own experience, the best pair is Night/Magic as the Illusion dragon (Black/Purple hybrid) comes quite often, plus you're also have a chance at Night Elf (can trade for large Onyx).

Also, you could also trade a second (or first if you want) crafting dragon in arena/mine that is super rare and have Black color in it like DeeDe99 said.

If black is alone in the pool (e.g. Night and Lotus) then it will add red and purple, but not split. If black is in the pool with other types it MAY split and then black is not there at all. If all that makes sense. I figure with luck, if I have black in both parents, if one splits, the other hopefully will not - it will just add.

Correction: Black split into Blue and Purple, not Red and Purple.

DeeDe99
10-17-15, 07:43 AM
Thanks for picking up the red... Now fixed. :D

Lotus is a good start for breeding even though it can't be traded. I was super lucky to breed Night at the last minute as I did. My Lotus is still a level 3, sadly.

roguebee
10-17-15, 07:56 AM
I've been successful in getting two duplicate super rare black hybrids during my unsuccessful attempts to breed for Red Queen and Hook using Fairytale and Gatekeeper.

lindseyny
10-23-15, 12:06 PM
I sold a double of a Bat Dragon off the nest for 100 coins awhile back. I am kicking myself for not trading it for gems. :(