PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 10/15/15 iOS Update - Cabbage Hut - GEM PURCHASE

coolssp
10-15-15, 12:04 PM
Hijacking your post coolssp! I'm sure you won't mind ;) SW

Rotten Cabbages is not stored in your inventory, you can keep track of how many you have in the Baron's Game Tent. You are only brought up to a total of 3 Rotten Cabbages per day. If you already have 3+, you will not receive the daily 3 Rotten Cabbage from the Baron's Game Tent. You can collect and keep more than 25 Rotten Cabbages if you choose not to use them and collect them.

Timer has been changed to 22 hours. Thank you guys for the feedback. :)

Today is a release of a GEM building to get 1 cabbage per day as a drop from the Cabbage Hut. it is timed, completely optional and not required to advance the main storyline.

---------------------
Original post
Are you kidding? 450 gems.... Any idea what is this quest? I don't think most of the players have that kind of gems. TL please help

arikasi
10-15-15, 12:08 PM
Are you kidding? 450 gems.... Any idea what is this quest? I don't think most of the players have that kind of gems. TL please help

I didnt look well enough I guess, I am devastated I accidentally placed this and boom go all my gems.

spchstew
10-15-15, 12:08 PM

Totally agree! Someone from S8 please give us some information regarding this gem purchase! Thx

vednir
10-15-15, 12:09 PM
+5 cabbages for placing it. I wonder how many additional cabbages you get from it per day. If it's 5 that would be worthwhile but if it's just 1 not as much.

danzplace
10-15-15, 12:10 PM
Mine says one a day that you can save up to guarantee a prize..., I should say, increase your odds, don't think it said guarantee

spchstew
10-15-15, 12:12 PM
It's a nice gesture to have a building that gives rotten cabbages, but at one per day by the time I save enough cabbages, the prize will be long gone.

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 12:13 PM
Can you store it?:confused::rolleyes:

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 12:18 PM
They got me. :(
I thought I was spending coins. At this point as long as I've been playing, I thought I'd learned. Oh well, I will make the best of it. At one cabbage per day, it will take a month to earn enough to "win" a prize, but at least they can be stored and I won't be spending gems to "buy" any more cabbages. Long term payoff. (I'm awful at math, but I figure that at the rate of 180 gems for 22 cabbages, this thing will pay for itself in approx 55 days. After that, all daily cabbages will be free.)

paisdelasmaravillas
10-15-15, 12:18 PM
Cabbages for baron tent
Same pics

amerirish
10-15-15, 12:20 PM
What a shame that it's so expensive :( I would totally buy this for 200-250 but 450 is too darn much.

vaso1908
10-15-15, 12:28 PM
I too agree that 450 gems are too much but I'm considering buying it simply because I find it beautiful. Can someone who placed it tell me how much space does it take?

tigarlilyvol
10-15-15, 12:34 PM
I too agree that 450 gems are too much but I'm considering buying it simply because I find it beautiful. Can someone who placed it tell me how much space does it take?
Takes up 2x2

anissada
10-15-15, 12:35 PM
well this ain't an update for everyone..

another way to try to get us to spend real cash?

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 12:35 PM

2x2

Can you store it?:confused::rolleyes:

Yes!

anissada
10-15-15, 12:37 PM
150 would have been realistic, 450 is totally absurd and only good for TL/S8s economy.. i refuse to do this "goal"

55lee55
I thought I was spending coins too. What a rip off.

I thought this was the regular update, not a sale. This should have been offered as a sale if S8 was honest about it. I can barely see the amount on my iPhone and never look for buildings. I want my money back!

I will not spend any more money on S8 games unless my gems are replaced. What a sneaky rip off.

Yes, this nasty piece of work can be stored. Mine will be as I don't want any more Tent Trash.

OnlyOneRamoth
Wait. Do I have this right? In order to complete the 450 gem building, first you have to spend more gems to buy ten cabbages to throw?

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 12:38 PM
2x2

Yes!

Thank you:) I got it too...

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 12:41 PM
Wait. Do I have this right? In order to complete the 450 gem building, first you have to spend more gems to buy ten cabbages to throw?

I don't think you have to buy more. Buying it gives you 5 cabbages and you have 5 days to complete the goal. So with three free cabbages per day, you only need 2 more days to finish.

Edit: the building comes completed, no additional materials required.

ktorewqas
10-15-15, 12:43 PM
Not enough to buy it, even not enough to buy half of it ;):p

meme1098

What??? That's outrageous!

No one would actually pay 450 gems for that thing on purpose....at least I hope anyway! According to the last few posts on the Barons thread, most prizes aren't worth it anymore.

Sorry you got caught in the obvious trap, bingo. :(

OnlyOneRamoth
I don't think you have to buy more. Buying it gives you 5 cabbages and you have 5 days to complete the goal. So with three free cabbages per day, you only need 2 more days to finish.

Edit: the building comes completed, no additional materials required.

Tyvm for the information!!

fish63
10-15-15, 12:44 PM
Is this highly overpriced cabbage house the only update today? I lucked out and didn't have 450 gems or I'd have bought it also!

SpuriousNotion
10-15-15, 12:44 PM
I like the idea of it as I have spent much more than 450 gems when the tent first came out. I don't mind saving one cabbage per day for a while before making sure there is a prize I want. In the long run, this is a much less expensive option if one has patience. Thank you, S8. :)

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 12:45 PM
What??? That's outrageous!

No one would actually pay 450 gems for that thing on purpose....at least I hope anyway! According to the last few posts on the Barons thread, most prizes aren't worth it anymore.

Sorry you got caught in the obvious trap, bingo. :(

Yes, I did, lolol:rolleyes:

vednir
10-15-15, 12:47 PM
Once you're over 3 total cabbages I assume you will no longer be getting the 3 free cabbages you get in a day?

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 12:48 PM
Um... Is it really??? Sorry, I LOL'd when this dialogue screen popped up!

It's a nice gesture to have a building that gives rotten cabbages, but at one per day by the time I save enough cabbages, the prize will be long gone.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, lol... Hmm, quite the gamble.

Is there also a 5-day timer on that goal to throw 10 cabbages?

I'm wondering what bugs haven't been discovered yet ...like, how does the thing REALLY keep track of our daily rotten cabbages? - does it add on purchased cabbages along with the one dropping from the cottage?

450 gems is steep...I need to do some more math before I'm buying, lol...

Liloze
10-15-15, 12:49 PM
I didnt look well enough I guess, I am devastated I accidentally placed this and boom go all my gems.

Same here! you 'd think it is a gem trap, I thought I need to build it, and did not look :mad:
I don't even go to that tent I was hiding at the edge of my kingdom, S8 take your tent back and give me back my gems :mad::mad::mad:

Liloze
10-15-15, 12:53 PM
They got me. :(
I thought I was spending coins. At this point as long as I've been playing, I thought I'd learned. Oh well, I will make the best of it. At one cabbage per day, it will take a month to earn enough to "win" a prize, but at least they can be stored and I won't be spending gems to "buy" any more cabbages. Long term payoff. (I'm awful at math, but I figure that at the rate of 180 gems for 22 cabbages, this thing will pay for itself in approx 55 days. After that, all daily cabbages will be free.)

I thought was buying for couns too :( I don't even visit the darn tent I want my gems back :mad:

midsom
10-15-15, 12:55 PM
I didn't get the three free ones, just the five for placing it, so it's really only two, I certainly hope it store the one a day and you still get your three free

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 12:57 PM
Once you're over 3 total cabbages I assume you will no longer be getting the 3 free cabbages you get in a day?

Very good question. I suppose I will find out, since I had trigger fingers, and didn't read carefully. :-/
Ah well, click in haste, regret in leisure. At least the building is cute, even if it does 'stink'. (May as well laugh about it. :D)

meme1098
10-15-15, 12:57 PM
Yes, I did, lolol:rolleyes:

Well, other than you of course, Nat...lol

Very good question. I suppose I will find out, since I had trigger fingers, and didn't read carefully. :-/
Ah well, click in haste, regret in leisure. At least the building is cute, even if it does 'stink'. (May as well laugh about it. :D)

You're such a good natured person, bingo. :D

And I asked my nbrs today what was in store for us today ... Lol

midgetsocks
10-15-15, 12:59 PM
Seems like, if you buy the cabbage house, and you want something from the Baron's Tent every month, you'll have recouped your money after about 3 months, so after that 3 month period you're golden.

I don't really like a lot of the items in the tent? Still thinking on this one....

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 01:01 PM
Um... Is it really??? Sorry, I LOL'd when this dialogue screen popped up!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, lol... Hmm, quite the gamble.

Is there also a 5-day timer on that goal to throw 10 cabbages?

I'm wondering what bugs haven't been discovered yet ...like, how does the thing REALLY keep track of our daily rotten cabbages? - does it add on purchased cabbages along with the one dropping from the cottage?

Yes, 5 day timer on that goal too:)

mikado86
10-15-15, 01:02 PM
Its worth it for all the people complaining, 1 cabbage is worth 10 gems, are you saying you are not planning to play this game for at least other 45 days? get real.

jimboser
10-15-15, 01:05 PM
Or burn off gems you have no better use for... Not worth it since I rarely play the Baron's Tent anyway.

Liloze
10-15-15, 01:05 PM
I wrote Support asking them to take back their Cabbage Hut and give me back my 450 gems!
I do hope they will comply, ( as it is not the usual gem trap ...but ) this is the most underhanded "Gem Trap" ever !
And to think it's been months since I've last visited tge darn tent :mad:

dizzy7373
10-15-15, 01:09 PM
I will buy it, the current tent prize isn't one I want so I will get it later when the prize changes/
I have only got 2 prizes from the tent, 1 cat and 1 dog. I had to buy the 10 pack of cabbages twice on both occasions, so I spent 360 gems for 2 prizes.
I couldn't justify 180 gems per prize, but an outlay of 450 gems to get a tent prize each month is a no brainer.

SpuriousNotion
10-15-15, 01:16 PM
Its worth it for all the people complaining, 1 cabbage is worth 10 gems, are you saying you are not planning to play this game for at least other 45 days? get real.

I will probably be playing this game until someone pries my phone from my hands in a morgue, so worth it to me. Unless the cell phone radiation brings me back as a zombie. In which case, it's even more worth it! :)

55lee55
10-15-15, 01:18 PM
Same here! you 'd think it is a gem trap, I thought I need to build it, and did not look :mad:
I don't even go to that tent I was hiding at the edge of my kingdom, S8 take your tent back and give me back my gems :mad::mad::mad:

Me too.

At least it can be stored.

Here I was thinking that S8 had realized their error in only giving 3 cabbages a day and had fixed it in a creative way. The creative way turned out to be a 450 gem rip off that benefits only them.

I think this is going to hit them in the face because I know I wont be buying any more gems in any S8 games from now on.

This is the most blatant gem trap yet and a poster child for why we need confirmation for all gem purchases in this game.

S8 listen up. I want my gems back. I wouldn't have had a problem with this if it had been offered as a sale and not come disguised as a legitimate update.

S8 pulled a trick on us for Halloween.

I am unimpressed and will be storing this mark of shame.

You are making a false assumption here. Not all of us want the tent trash. It may be worth it for those who do, but for me, I was just snookered out of 450 gems.

I have stored this just as I would store the tent if I could. It will never be worth it for me.

I am complaining and it is not worth even one of my gems for this. I am real.

Liloze
10-15-15, 01:19 PM

I do not visit the baron tent on daily basis, I don't care about the prizes, as I am full on almost everything, and couldn't care less about the grand prize, I only got a cat at the start, and since then I did not bother, so for me it is awaste of gems, I'd rather buy an Alicorn!

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 01:20 PM
I will probably be playing this game until someone pries my phone from my hands in a morgue, so worth it to me. Unless the cell phone radiation brings me back as a zombie. In which case, it's even more worth it! :)
LMAO!!! .. *zombie groooooan* lol
Ok, I'm back with some math. By the beginning of 2016, it will have paid for itself (takes 2 1/2 - 3 months recoup time, by my calculations, lol).
Ok, I'm in ...now bring Mama some GOOD grand prizes!!!!!!!!!
*zombie stumble back to my queendom to eat some rotten cabbage brains* LOL :wink:

PS. I think I just succumbed to the Joneses-peer-pressure tactic, LOL!

midgetsocks
10-15-15, 01:22 PM
It's unusual I think for this to be part of a goal, usually there's just a pop-up about new items in the market. Thankfully I had some control and didn't place, but I sure do feel terrible for those who lost their gems..I was so close to clicking it and then stopped at the last second. I don't even like most of the tent items, I think I spent about $5 to purchase a cat a few months back that's given me good returns.

I guess I have a few more days to decide. I'd like the issue of 'do you still get 3 free a day' cleared up. For those who like the items in the tent, and go there regularly, this is a bargain.

Rockylandia
10-15-15, 01:23 PM
I'm actually tempted, as I've bought tent prizes twice - I couldn't resist the mummy cat for Halloween! But I'm worried that something really good will come along for Black Friday or Christmas and I'll be gem poor then....

Sandybellee
10-15-15, 01:23 PM
I will buy it, the current tent prize isn't one I want so I will get it later when the prize changes/
I have only got 2 prizes from the tent, 1 cat and 1 dog. I had to buy the 10 pack of cabbages twice on both occasions, so I spent 360 gems for 2 prizes.
I couldn't justify 180 gems per prize, but an outlay of 450 gems to get a tent prize each month is a no brainer.

Yes, it will definitely be worth the prize in the long run. If I had enough gems I think I might buy it right away. It would be nice to be able to get a tent prize every month.

Liloze
10-15-15, 01:25 PM
Me too.

At least it can be stored.

Here I was thinking that S8 had realized their error in only giving 3 cabbages a day and had fixed it in a creative way. The creative way turned out to be a 450 gem rip off that benefits only them.

I think this is going to hit them in the face because I know I wont be buying any more gems in any S8 games from now on.

This is the most blatant gem trap yet and a poster child for why we need confirmation for all gem purchases in this game.

S8 listen up. I want my gems back. I wouldn't have had a problem with this if it had been offered as a sale and not come disguised as a legitimate update.

S8 pulled a trick on us for Halloween.

I am unimpressed and will be storing this mark of shame.

Write to support, I just did and asked them to cancel my purchase and take back their Rotten Hut!
The automated answer came back directly as usual, but since it is not the "usual" gem trap but more of a sneaky one, I don't think they will deny me my request.
It's been a while since I last bought gems, I was making them, IF they do not answer my request, It will definitely take LONGER while to buy gems, IF EVER!

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 01:26 PM
Ok, I'm in ...now bring Mama some GOOD grand prizes!!!!!!!!!

And no more cats or dogs!:eek:

55lee55
10-15-15, 01:30 PM
Write to support, I just did and asked them to cancel my purchase and take back their Rotten Hut!
The automated answer came back directly as usual, but since it is not the "usual" gem trap but more of a sneaky one, I don't think they will deny me my request.
It's been a while since I last bought gems, I was making them, IF they do not answer my request, It will definitely take LONGER while to buy gems, IF EVER!

You have made a good point.

Maybe we should all write support.

matrixkitten
10-15-15, 01:33 PM
So, if I get this building, realistically, I won't ever get the 3 free cabbages each day. Or, is S8 plan to continue giving folks the 3 free daily cabbages on top of whatever is collected? I doubt it. This building is way overpriced.

myhsplace
10-15-15, 01:34 PM
i like the animal prizes in tent but, passed most dogs up for i prefer spending gems on the kittie cats.
this rotten cabbage hut i will definitely buy for future dogs, AFTER one thing is made clear....will there be, or is there, a limit on how many rotten cabbages you can hold at one time? like i don't want to have to choose between using the say 25 rotten cabbages i collected or lose future harvested ones from hut until i use some of the 25.

SpuriousNotion
10-15-15, 01:35 PM
So, if I get this building, realistically, I won't ever get the 3 free cabbages each day. Or, is S8 plan to continue giving folks the 3 free daily cabbages on top of whatever is collected? I doubt it. This building is way overpriced.

I am willing to bet that the three free per day still happen. For those on the fence because of this reason, I am sure one of us who bought it will post tomorrow about whether the three free ones are still there, along with more detail about how the hut actually stores the cabbages.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 01:38 PM
And no more cats or dogs!:eek:
AMEN, sistah!

For thanksgiving, I want a turkcocken, LOL ... That's a chicken dressed as a turkey but masquerading as a peacock. LOL!!!

midgetsocks
10-15-15, 01:38 PM
....was hoping for something Halloween-themed :mad:

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 01:39 PM
AMEN, sistah!

For thanksgiving, I want a turkcocken, LOL ... That's a chicken dressed as a turkey but masquerading as a peacock. LOL!!!

Do you have such creatures in America?:confused::D

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 01:40 PM
.....I am sure one of us who bought it will post tomorrow about whether the three free ones are still there, along with more detail about how the hut actually stores the cabbages.
The hut doesn't store the cabbages ... The tent does.
I've had 5 left over in my tent for a few days and the 5 I just gained from purchasing the cottage were added to it ..so yeah, it now says "10" inside the tent for me.

midgetsocks
10-15-15, 01:42 PM
[COLOR="#000080"]Hijacking your post coolssp! I'm sure you won't mind ;) SW

[SIZE=3]Today is a release of a GEM building to get 1 cabbage per day as a drop from the Cabbage Hut. it is not timed, completely optional and not required to advance the main storyline.

My goal is timed for 5 days.

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 01:43 PM
My goal is timed for 5 days.

Yep 5 days timer on both goals...

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 01:44 PM
Do you have such creatures in America?:confused::D
Lol, no, I just made it up ...similar to the turducken dish...but different, lol

midgetsocks
10-15-15, 01:47 PM
So it's gonna stay in the market (?) and the benefit of doing the goal is 10 free cabbages. I presume...but then you have to throw those 10 cabbages within a few days..so...unless you want something from the tent in a few days I'm not really seeing the benefit here:confused: the benefit of going through the goal chain, that is.

vednir
10-15-15, 01:49 PM
What's the maximum number of cabbages one can store? How often does the tent prize change again?

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 01:49 PM
Here the timers on the goals:

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 01:51 PM
What's the maximum number of cabbages one can store? How often does the tent prize change again?
Don't think there's a max number to store ... With the exception of the 2nd release, the tent prizes have changed at the beginning of each month.

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 01:51 PM
Lol, no, I just made it up ...similar to the turducken dish...but different, lol

You know I now have to ask you what a turducken dish is, lol.:rolleyes:

Britilina
10-15-15, 01:52 PM
Wait, so I have several questions:

Some of the tent prizes aren't just decorations? Like you can collect from them? What sorts of things to they drop?

I don't think I would mind spending gems on it, but I won't spend $$ on gems, just get them from the "Download this game" and "Get to this level" quests. Is it going to stay available after the 5 days runs out?

Is it upgradeable?

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 01:53 PM
You know I now have to ask you what a turducken dish is, lol.:rolleyes:
LOL!!! ...google it & you'll see pix ..yummy, if you like bird dishes lolol.

perry5
10-15-15, 01:54 PM

You are truly the princess of grace! I, too, was trigger happy...assumed it was a simple building placement. Most unfortunate! And I had just amassed myself a tidy little cache of gems! Curses, Team Lava - You got me again with your foul-smelling cabbage gem trap!!

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 01:54 PM
Wait, so I have several questions:

Some of the tent prizes aren't just decorations? Like you can collect from them? What sorts of things to they drop?

I don't think I would mind spending gems on it, but I won't spend $$ on gems, just get them from the "Download this game" and "Get to this level" quests. Is it going to stay available after the 5 days runs out?

Is it upgradeable?
This month's prizes can be found here:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85175-10-01-Update-Baron-s-Tent-Prizes-(Oct-2015)-iOS-only

In that thread, there's also a link to see all the previous months' prizes. :)

I imagine it's a permanent item in the market but the cabbage rewards are only for 5 days... It's not something TO upgrade; it is what it is, lol.

zaccy678
10-15-15, 01:58 PM

Hmm, I always thought they were known as Chickeypeas...
:confused:

midgetsocks
10-15-15, 01:59 PM
When I had some cabbages left over after buying a few, and there was a new prize in the tent, I wasn't given an extra 3 cabbages. I only got those on days that I started with none. SW, is this the same idea here, with this cabbage hut?

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 02:00 PM
Hmm, I always thought they were known as Chickeypeas...
:confused:
LOL, maybe it is ... But I like turkcocken better, LMAO!!

(I know, SW, we are wayyyy off-topic, sorry, LOL)

AnniePMH
10-15-15, 02:00 PM
LOL!!! ...google it & you'll see pix ..yummy, if you like bird dishes lolol.

Just imagine how fun this update could have been if we had been making a new turducken dish as well as rotten cabbages:D

Edit: Or turcocken, of course!

mikado86
10-15-15, 02:02 PM

When I had some cabbages left over after buying a few, and there was a new prize in the tent, I wasn't given an extra 3 cabbages. I only got those on days that I started with none. SW, is this the same idea here, with this cabbage hut?

Well it doesnt take a genius to know you ONLY get the 3 cabbages when you do NOT have any cabbage, ill let you draw your own conclusion to your own question.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 02:05 PM
Just imagine how fun this update could have been if we had been making a new turducken dish as well as rotten cabbages:D

Edit: Or turcocken, of course!
That's why I said I want turkcocken (or Chickeypeas) in my Baron tent next month for THANKSGIVING! (Mine is next month, not last week - that's Canada, lol)... and while we're at it, we can also cook up some turducken dishes next month for our Bountiful Tables! Lol
(I better get off here, SW is gonna smack my hand for staying off-topic, lol)
*kiss*

perry5
10-15-15, 02:05 PM
LOL, maybe it is ... But I like turkcocken better, LMAO!!

(I know, SW, we are wayyyy off-topic, sorry, LOL)

Mod Alert! Mod Alert!!!

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 02:09 PM
You are truly the princess of grace! I, too, was trigger happy...assumed it was a simple building placement. Most unfortunate! And I had just amassed myself a tidy little cache of gems! Curses, Team Lava - You got me again with your foul-smelling cabbage gem trap!!

Not really. Lol. Today was definitely all trick and no treat. I am still upset that I'm stuck with a level 5 orphanage I hate and fell into a gem trap today. But for this one I only have myself to blame. I remember how many people got caught by Ivy's bakery, so I KNOW better! But I still got in a rush and didn't pay close enough attention. So I'm just going to laugh it off. (Oh the poetic justice of the dialog saying that the building stinks!! :rolleyes:)

I am hoping that they don't limit the amount of cabbages we can store. This whole thing will be useless if it's capped at 5 or 10 when it's almost impossible to get the "prizes" without throwing at least 20. As others have stated, I plan to just store them up and get one prize per month.

vednir
10-15-15, 02:09 PM
None of the game tent's prizes thus far have been game breaking or provide any substantial advantage over other things that can be purchased with in-game coins alone. However, each prize is unique looking and it's clear a lot of people will get them for the appearance of the item. That satisfies everyone as S8 gets money as you are clearly meant to spend real $$$ to get the grand prizes. But for people who do not spend money they are no substantial (or even non-substantial) disadvantage as none of the drops to date have been very significant (petals, milk, etc.).

This may not hold true in the future which would really be the only reason that you should buy this week's building to begin accumulating a stash of "free" cabbages so you can buy some future, more important resource building. You will however be giving up your three daily "free" cabbages although those are never enough to get the grand prize anyway. This is complete conjecture though and the tent prizes may continue to be primarily decorative with a little bit of functionality thrown in.

You'll have to balance this against the slew of more useful resource buildings that have been released around the end of the year in the past. For example is this cabbage building more or less useful than a 2nd winter bakery? If you have a finite number of gems accumulated from troll trades, game installations, adventures, etc. spending 450 gems now on cabbages may not be as helpful as saving them for a future, unnamed resource building that'll be released this December.

vednir
10-15-15, 02:11 PM
Not really. Lol. Today was definitely al trick and no treat. I am still upset that I'm stuck with a level 5 orphanage I hate and fell into a gem trap today. But for this one I only have myself to blame. I remember how many people got caught by Ivy's bakery, so I KNOW better! But I still got in a rush and didn't pay close enough attention. So I'm just going to laugh it off. (Oh the poetic justice of the dialog saying that the building stinks!! :rolleyes:)

Ivy's bakery has provided with me a very nice stash of skukupies though for a future time limited event. I've only gotten 2 super yummy pies since the bakery was released but I can forsee an update at some point in time in the future where multiple super yummy pies will be required to move through a goal (think any of the events requiring golden items).

DragonWished
10-15-15, 02:14 PM
Same here. I just followed the dialog box blindly until I got the "you don't have enough gems" thing. Then, I actually looked at what I was doing. Gah!

I'm still trying to make paper for the orphans. And finish the fairy workshop. Probably enough for another week. :-D

Is this highly overpriced cabbage house the only update today? I lucked out and didn't have 450 gems or I'd have bought it also!

midgetsocks
10-15-15, 02:16 PM
Well it doesnt take a genius to know you ONLY get the 3 cabbages when you do NOT have any cabbage, ill let you draw your own conclusion to your own question.

My question wasn't directed to you.

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 02:24 PM
Ivy's bakery has provided with me a very nice stash of skukupies though for a future time limited event. I've only gotten 2 super yummy pies since the bakery was released but I can forsee an update at some point in time in the future where multiple super yummy pies will be required to move through a goal (think any of the events requiring golden items).

I purchased Ivy's bakery as well, and I am enjoying the benefits of its drops. But when I purchased it, I KNEW it was a gem purchase, because I paid attention. (If you read the thread about Ivy's bakery, you'll see that many people felt tricked then too.) Not so today, I didn't come here first or read carefully, which is why I said I blame only myself.

My concern now is if S8 will allow us to store enough cabbages to actually win a prize (and that means more than 6 in my opinion).
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

arikasi
I am willing to bet that the three free per day still happen. For those on the fence because of this reason, I am sure one of us who bought it will post tomorrow about whether the three free ones are still there, along with more detail about how the hut actually stores the cabbages.

Since I accidentally bought it I'm going to take a stab here to explain how I see it working.

I had not collected my 3 free today, so when I completed the goal and was given 5 I went to the tent to find only those 5 in the tent (so I did not get my three free today, because the game already knew I had 5)

The cabbage building has a 24 hour timer - S8 PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING THIS 21/22hrs like other 'daily' buildings - so when I collect it it adds one cabbage to my total. This means if you have 3 cabbages collected already you get a 4th, then the following day you have 4 and get the 5th.
But if you have 0 then you collect 1 before going to the tent, you get given only 2 of the 3 free daily ones, since daily takes you up to a minimum of 3 cabbages.

So once you go from 0 and collect your first 3 free daily ones thereafter, while saving up 1 cabbage per day, you never get your daily three until you have spent down to below 3 cabbages. (as I understand it)

greediron

The math was easy for me. 450 > my gems.

I knew it would be a gem item, but I had to laugh at that amount. No way.

castleqt
10-15-15, 02:40 PM
450 gems�� yeah no thanks...I'll keep my gems

zaccy678
10-15-15, 02:49 PM
Mmmmmmm, Spicy Roasted Chickeypeas...

Sorry, I digress.

My question is why is this a limited time quest?
It's not on sale (is it?)
The building isn't available for a limited time (is it?)

coonellie
10-15-15, 03:19 PM
You know, I've been playing CS almost from the start. I have the Valentine's Love Shack, I still can make Alicorns for 200 gems, etc. I also save my gems carefully and buy when needed. I looked at the cabbage house and could have sworn it was coins only. I would NOT have bought it otherwise as I H-A-T-E the Baron's tent and think everything available is ugly. If I could take it off my board I would.
Now, I see that all my gems are gone.
I needed an excuse to delete CS. I was so disappointed that FairyTale Wonderland was being discontinued and Bakery Story's glitch of not being able to gift back without visiting a friend ruined that game for me (after almost two years). So, CS was all that was left. It's been a good run, but enough is enough.
I need to go back to creating gifts with my crochet hook. This is the impetus I needed.
Thanks Storm 8 for the push to real life. You'll do just fine without me and my kingdom, bakery, and wonderland.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-15-15, 03:27 PM
Mmmmmmm, Spicy Roasted Chickeypeas...

Sorry, I digress.

My question is why is this a limited time quest?
It's not on sale (is it?)
The building isn't available for a limited time (is it?)
But I don't wanna COOK my turkcocken ..er, Chickeypea, as you say (which just makes me think of chickpeas and that's SO not the same as my turkcocken, LOL)....No, I want the actual ANIMAL in my B tent next month...all S8 has to do is take the current turkey-chicken from 2013 or whenever and add some peacock feathers to it... VOILA! My turkcocken! LOL!

But I digress, too (so easy to do on here when it's more fun to talk about stuff that's not on topic, LOL)... I *think* this cottage is similar to other limited-time goal items like Ivy's Bakery or Greselda's Fountain, which are still in the market after the goal expires. The only difference here is sadly, no 20-or-whatever gem rebate but a reward of 5+5 rotten cabbages. I think it'll be available in the market forever at the 450-gem price but you won't get any cabbages after these 5 days are up. But then again, I'm guessing; I'm not TL-staff, so... I dunno. LOLOL

zaccy678
10-15-15, 03:40 PM
Aha, yes I forgot the 5 cabbage reward... Well, no rush then :)

Oh, and I think Chickeypeas might be the vegan version, more suitable for cooking than decoration ;)

ladyperidot
10-15-15, 03:43 PM
The math was easy for me. 450 > my gems.

I knew it would be a gem item, but I had to laugh at that amount. No way.

Math was easy for me too! I only have 173, maybe I can buy the foundations or something

LadyFencer
10-15-15, 04:03 PM
I don't care much about the baron's tent, but I would have spent gems on this had it not been 450. That's way too much. This is good for those who enjoy the tent and have tons of gems and/or money to buy more. I'd rather save mine for something better.

anissada
10-15-15, 04:11 PM
I wrote Support asking them to take back their Cabbage Hut and give me back my 450 gems!
I do hope they will comply, ( as it is not the usual gem trap ...but ) this is the most underhanded "Gem Trap" ever !
And to think it's been months since I've last visited tge darn tent :mad:

lol, you are a little bit trustful.. i can tell you already which answer you will get...
something like
"We are sorry that we will not be able to reverse this in-game action. This action is permanent and we are unable to undo this from the account.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause."

anissada
10-15-15, 04:13 PM
Math was easy for me too! I only have 173, maybe I can buy the foundations or something

lol, i have almost 1300 gems saved up over the years but i refuse to spend any on this way too overprised building..
also.. if we should get three cabbages, is there any guarantee we can save them up untill we have enough to throw all squares?

spchstew
10-15-15, 04:17 PM
I second that Amen! I don't have room for anymore livestock or pets (unless they start to roam around the kingdom!!)

labsandboxers
10-15-15, 04:45 PM
I want to store the barons tent. I will not wait gems on a cabbage factory

labsandboxers
10-15-15, 04:46 PM
Edit. Waist gems��

OnlyOneRamoth
10-15-15, 05:26 PM
There was originally a reference to a Grand Prize, or a monthly Grand Prize.....in the opening dialogue maybe? Does anyone remember seeing that? Does it refer to a prize other than those available to all?

sammiuk
10-15-15, 05:59 PM
Well on my buldings it was marked as coins I'm sure of it as I got 2 one on my iPad and one on h game for iPhone ....so was totally peeved when gems was used instead as I wouldn't have bothered at that cost of gems them bam I accidentally sped up my orphanage to complete to level 5 at 500 gems cost so that's nearly 1000 gems l wasted today not happy at all they really need a second button to confirm yu want to use gems up its just too easy to do. Playing on a touch screen app. I've contacted them too see if they can help with the orphanage. I'm getting to the point I'm ready to pack it all in I was enjoying the game too. But it's not worth it anymore with all this wasted gems business.

CharmOfLea
10-15-15, 06:22 PM
lol, you are a little bit trustful.. i can tell you already which answer you will get...
something like
"We are sorry that we will not be able to reverse this in-game action. This action is permanent and we are unable to undo this from the account.

U forgot the confusion!

littelprincess0313
10-15-15, 06:50 PM
U forgot the confusion!

Omg yes!! We were all just confused!

Ok so my thoughts: i was really looking forward tonthis update i thought it would be sth better than a building you have to collect a thousand times and we get a building we have to spend a thousand gems?
My saving was: no room to place so i wanted to do that and recognized then the gem price (not enough gems too) so i feel really sorry for those who actual purchsed it and i cross my fingersyou get it back.
Dont know of the usefulnes cause i get 3 gems from the videos everyday and every now and then 30-75 from downloading so for me 3/4 of the 3 things i got from the tent were already free - i dont know if it's better to buy ,free" cabbage packs or save them up... Gonna think about it.

And question: is the item really switching when you dont spend at least 1 cabbage to start the timer ?!

spchstew
10-15-15, 06:56 PM
Omg yes!! We were all just confused!

Ok so my thoughts: i was really looking forward tonthis update i thought it would be sth better than a building you have to collect a thousand times and we get a building we have to spend a thousand gems?
My saving was: no room to place so i wanted to do that and recognized then the gem price (not enough gems too) so i feel really sorry for those who actual purchsed it and i cross my fingersyou get it
Dont know of the usefulnes cause i get 3 gems from the videos everyday and every now and then 30-75 from downloading so for me 3/4 of the 3 things i got from the tent were already free - i dont know if it's better to buy ,free" cabbage packs or save them up... Gonna think about it.

And question: is the item really switching when you dont spend at least 1 cabbage to start the timer ?!

Hi! Are you actually getting GEMS from watching the videos? All I get is one ENERGY per video watched! Thx

kat8rose
10-15-15, 07:17 PM
If i want it or not is beside the point. Way too many things for ios ... code for ALL or don't release. Beyond rude.

riverly
10-15-15, 07:28 PM
I may change my mind about this later but right now I say No Way Jose.

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 08:07 PM
I could have sworn I saw coins too. Wish I could go back and have a screen shot of it because it didn't look as clearly marked as gem buildings usually do. I haven't bought gems in ages, I had saved these from playing the games and from adventures and trades. At this point I'm not sure what they could offer for sale that would cause me to purchase gems in the future, right now I can't think of one single thing. There is only one reason there is no gem spend confirmation button, and that is so we will buy more after spending them accidentally.
This is the only game I play that does not ask "Are you sure you want to buy _____?"

Well on my buldings it was marked as coins I'm sure of it as I got 2 one on my iPad and one on h game for iPhone ....so was totally peeved when gems was used instead as I wouldn't have bothered at that cost of gems them bam I accidentally sped up my orphanage to complete to level 5 at 500 gems cost so that's nearly 1000 gems l wasted today not happy at all they really need a second button to confirm yu want to use gems up its just too easy to do. Playing on a touch screen app. I've contacted them too see if they can help with the orphanage. I'm getting to the point I'm ready to pack it all in I was enjoying the game too. But it's not worth it anymore with all this wasted gems business.

TucsonJudy
10-15-15, 08:18 PM
450 gems??? Hmmmmmm NOT!!!!

marse66
10-15-15, 08:23 PM
After almost 3 years of playing Castle Story and being very addicted.. waking up in the middle of the night to collect from buildings, animals, working on goals and spending real money from time to time.. I think I'm done... I looked so forward to each Thursday at 3pm EST and would not collect on the 24 hrs items until the new goals were released if we had one but this goal did it for me. Can't believe that S8 would actually put out one goal to use up so many gems. Thank you for the pleasures of playing but I think I will start living my life without my castle friends. Good Bye!

ragingray
10-15-15, 09:13 PM
Can we get confirmation that if we buy the cabbage hut, we can save up the 25 needed to guarantee the grand prize, i'm not buying it if we only get 4 a day, ie the 3 we automatically get and one from hut per day,with NO storage above 4.
Also will there be a storage limit, because i hope it's more than 25.
The quest to buy it states, "A specialized house just to produce and store these throwing-at-the-Baron-cabbages will be perfect"
Unfortunately I've learnt not to believe anything TL/S8 write in there quest logs, can anyone understand why being told you don't have to complete a step meant, you have to complete a step (IE the current Orphanage quest), and then expect us NOT to ask for confirmation to spend 450 gems...

riverly
10-15-15, 10:06 PM
Maybe in the long run the prizes will be valuable . I know I felt tricked when I got ivys bakery but now I am really happy with it. But then that wouldn't be fair to android players. They can't even get the barons tent correct??? Somehow this has to beneficial for all players. I'm hoping that this can be resolved or else it just looks like a money grabbing ploy. Is anybody listening??

littelprincess0313
10-15-15, 10:52 PM
Hi! Are you actually getting GEMS from watching the videos? All I get is one ENERGY per video watched! Thx

Hey :)
Yes i do... But only on 2 of 4 of my accounts, it's totally random... No idea what the reason is!
And Im sorry to hear that you're one of the no-gems people :(

But again: Is the prize at the tent changing without throw one cabbage? Because if not... You would use every new cabbage to check if the item you want is in the tent today?!

coolssp
10-15-15, 11:38 PM
Hijacking your post coolssp! I'm sure you won't mind ;) SW

I don't mind at all Pika, now only if you could hijack my game and buy me the cottage too LOL

55lee55
10-16-15, 12:05 AM
I could have sworn I saw coins too. Wish I could go back and have a screen shot of it because it didn't look as clearly marked as gem buildings usually do. .....This is the only game I play that does not ask "Are you sure you want to buy _____?"

Me too. I didn't realize it took my gems until I came here and read about it. Sure enough, my gems were gone when I went back and checked. I didn't expect a sale to be disguised as a story so I didn't read that carefully. There is a lesson in this, at least for me. I will never trust S8. Before taking any action it is clear from this fiasco that every screen must be grabbed and searched for possible hidden traps.

This sure sucks out all the fun I got from playing the game.

I kind of like my kingdom the way it is, and enjoy my wall and my friends in the game. What would happen if I just quit playing, but still kept up with my wall and sent out material requests for social purposes? I have been unimpressed since S8 took over from TL. There is the decline in quality of artwork and forcing the ugly tent on us without allowing it to be stored, and of course Walicorngate, all which would have driven me away but for my awesome community. If not for the community, this trick with no treat would have led me to hang up a "Closed for Remodeling" sign.

As it is, S8 lost future income from me, which would have been worth much more than the 450 gems they are probably celebrating about having tricked so many of us out of before we realized it was a sale trick or treating as a story.

Would it have ****ed S8 to offer this building openly under their logo as a sale? That is after all, what is is, a sale. I think it is fine for those who want it, and for those, I say great. Go ahead and buy it and enjoy your purchase. But for those who were tricked into buying it for gems instead of coins, please realize that some of us don't want to buy the stuff in the tent so it is not a value for us. I say S8 should do the right thing and refund us the gems.

Unfortunately they aren't known for doing the right thing. That is sad because this is a good game that could be great with a little effort on their part. I can't speak for others but I will spend more willingly on an honestly great game, than I will by trickery on a good game that has a reputation for unfair practices.

anissada
10-16-15, 12:36 AM

at least you do get the video's... a lot of usdon't even get those..

anissada
10-16-15, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=coolssp;1189990][COLOR="#000080"]Hijacking your post coolssp! I'm sure you won't mind ;) SW

I don't mind at all Pika, now only if you could hijack my game and buy me the cottage too LOL

be very careful what you wish for... remember how our wali diappeared in the middle of the night..
and some time later there was another issue where an item was taken from our kingdom and used stock was returned in our inventory.. so beware...

TL/S8 always says "in-game actions are inreversible" but that only works one way... in their benefit..

not being rude, just stating facts.

jdygmgi
10-16-15, 02:44 AM
I could have sworn I saw coins too.

I saw coins too. Sure.

sammiuk
10-16-15, 04:58 AM
I don't even get the chance to watch these videos I do in restaurant but not on castle story strange

sammiuk
10-16-15, 05:13 AM
Yup I know I saw coins and not gems that's why I went for it thought it was another work in progress like the last few updates have been so didn't think anything about it being only 450 coins really ticked off but I have gems on my board so won't be quitting yet but I Defoe won't be buying anymore and once they're gone giving it up I think at least once a season there is a screw up some how on their side. Shame really but too many accidentally sped up gems now especially with it being on an app on a touch screen think that they would listen as they are loosing more players from this. I think last week I sped up one of the horses by mistake for 32 gems for a hair a carrot and fertiliser ......and I was maxed out on the carrots why make a speed up option so many gems for so little of a gain. Winge over

tvangstanke
10-16-15, 05:29 AM
Whether you were thrilled, or spooked n'horrified
Whether you got tricked or served "Le Kale Putrefied"
It's far too late to bargain, to scream or run and hide
we all know our master is both Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.
:rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear some of you are upset about yesterday's purchase. A gem confirmation button would easily fix these trust issues. I am one of those who happily bought the hut for gems with a sober mind. I admit, after spending the last two weeks haunting the Orphanage every hour, I was hoping for slightly more story and entertainment this update than yet another building to regularly harvest. But after the initial disappointment, I concluded that the offer was OK for the long run. I see it as an intrinsic promise for new and better tent prizes that will make my realm even more boootiful :o

As for the demand for prizes with precious drops, I'm not that concerned. The issue with new ways of obtaining limited resources is simple economy really, inflation and devaluation. As long as I plan ahead and I'm not too far behind the avant garde players, I'll do just fine. Adamant is presently the new Mithril, that once was the new Silver etc. Give us a new adamant dropping elk and we will start yearning for that rare Impossibilium requiring 80 adamants to craft.

But I DO need the good looking stuff!
Ugly, stupid and boring prizes offend me. :confused::(:mad:
I will post my deman.. eeh...suggestions for the otherwise good looking, intelligent and entertaining stuff in another thread.

Cheers

AnniePMH
10-16-15, 06:06 AM
As for the demand for prizes with precious drops, I'm not that concerned. The issue with new ways of obtaining limited resources is simple economy really, inflation and devaluation. As long as I plan ahead and I'm not too far behind the avant garde players, I'll do just fine. Adamant is presently the new Mithril, that once was the new Silver etc. Give us a new adamant dropping elk and we will start yearning for that rare Impossibilium requiring 80 adamants to craft.

But I DO need the good looking stuff!
Ugly, stupid and boring prizes offend me. :confused::(:mad:
I will post my deman.. eeh...suggestions for the otherwise good looking, intelligent and entertaining stuff in another thread.

Cheers

Yes, please, an elk! No need for it to drop adamant, so long as it's alive and moving:D

Edit: It must come with Royal Points, though, reason being all elks are royal animals. On this point I'm adamant, lol:cool:

tvangstanke
10-16-15, 06:44 AM
Yes, please, an elk! No need for it to drop adamant, so long as it's alive and moving:D

Edit: It must come with Royal Points, though, reason being all elks are royal animals. On this point I'm adamant, lol:cool:

;)
The King of the forest must give RP. Anything else would be Impossibilium.
Just posted suggestions for a live and moving one in the other thread.

Wonkaland99
10-16-15, 06:53 AM
Yet another update for IOS only???
Really?????????

I am devastated, not to mention heartbroken!

Homo Androidicus Excludendus.

jdygmgi
10-16-15, 07:08 AM
Yes, please, an elk! No need for it to drop adamant

I have 80+ adamants, no need for any elk. I bet for Annie is maxed on it, as well as on gems. Nice. Really. Not ironic at all, really nice.

What I really hate is someone trying to troll us with opinion trending issues from CM statements about economies, drops arguments and the long run theory. No need to treat screwed players as silly ones, offending them further than their limits :confused::(:mad:

Do accept your mistakes S8 and ammend ASAP

spchstew
10-16-15, 09:10 AM

Thanks for the info. I shall remain grateful for whatever is offered for free! 😀

AnniePMH
10-16-15, 09:28 AM
I have 80+ adamants, no need for any elk. I bet for Annie is maxed on it, as well as on gems. Nice. Really. Not ironic at all, really nice.

What I really hate is someone trying to troll us with opinion trending issues from CM statements about economies, drops arguments and the long run theory. No need to treat screwed players as silly ones, offending them further than their limits :confused::(:mad:

Not maxed on adamant, I have 59 of them...I really want an elk in CS because I like elk :) Of course it would be nice if it dropped adamant or other rare items, I just don't think it's necessary.

EsmeW2
10-16-15, 10:22 AM
Yet another update for IOS only???
Really?????????

I am devastated, not to mention heartbroken!

Homo Androidicus Excludendus.

Marvellous! I'm wondering if I'm Femina Androidicus Excludendus, or maybe in an angrier mood Virago Androidicus Excludendus. At least we didn't fall into the trap of spending a bunch of gems by mistake...

vednir
10-16-15, 11:14 AM
Deafening silence once again, just like every update where there's obviously more money for S8 at stake.

At the very least you could specify the maximum number of cabbages one can have at a time. This is good advertising because if that number exceeds the number of tiles in the tent you can market the building as a guaranteed way of getting at least one prize every 3 weeks. Good advertising = more money for S8.

But the tone-deaf silence is overwhelming and shows they were ill prepared as usual.

mreames
10-16-15, 11:59 AM
While it doesn't say how many it holds, the pop up I saw said it "guarantees" getting the grand prize every month.

Deafening silence once again, just like every update where there's obviously more money for S8 at stake.

At the very least you could specify the maximum number of cabbages one can have at a time. This is good advertising because if that number exceeds the number of tiles in the tent you can market the building as a guaranteed way of getting at least one prize every 3 weeks. Good advertising = more money for S8.

But the tone-deaf silence is overwhelming and shows they were ill prepared as usual.

katbtodd
10-16-15, 12:17 PM
Looked but didn't see this asked .. sorry if it was ,,,do you get your 3 free ones every day too if your saving them

tvangstanke
10-16-15, 12:28 PM
Looked but didn't see this asked .. sorry if it was ,,,do you get your 3 free ones every day too if your saving them

You only ever get the first three cabbages refilled for free the very next day after emptying your storage.
This will not change whether you own the cabbage hut or not, whether you decide to buy cabbages, or whether you just decide not to use your daily three.
Good rule if you're saving from scratch: Let the new day refill your three cabbages, then harvest from the hut or buy additional cabbages.

Looks like the cabbages keep piling up. My guess is that you can hold 99 (or hypothetically 999).

figththefire
10-16-15, 01:33 PM
I actually love the hut and for me its well worth it. In less than two months it will paid off. Each day i ll receive one cabbage (whivh is 10 gem worth) Thank you S8! Yes it costs gems, but i saved enough with the help of adventures and playing other S8 games . Too bad the hut wasn't released earlier.

Kastlerama
10-16-15, 01:55 PM
I actually love the hut and for me its well worth it. In less than two months it will paid off. Each day i ll receive one cabbage (whivh is 10 gem worth) Thank you S8! Yes it costs gems, but i saved enough with the help of adventures and playing other S8 games . Too bad the hut wasn't released earlier.

If you do not mind telling us, how are the cabbages from the hut stored? Do they go into the inventory or do the go straight into the Baron's tent? Has the game changed it so that the Baron's tent allows the 3 free cabbages to build up over time? Or if the cabbages from the hut go into the Baron's tent do you lose out on getting the 3 free daily cabbages?

figththefire
10-16-15, 02:06 PM
If you do not mind telling us, how are the cabbages from the hut stored? Do they go into the inventory or do the go straight into the Baron's tent? Has the game changed it so that the Baron's tent allows the 3 free cabbages to build up over time? Or if the cabbages from the hut go into the Baron's tent do you lose out on getting the 3 free daily cabbages?

They go directly to barons tent( they do Not show up in storage)
I had three daily cabbages from yesterday, plus I collected One from the hut
So now i have Four cabbages. Free three daily cabbages didn't add up to that amount today.

55lee55
10-16-15, 03:02 PM

So true. I don't mind posters who bought it in good faith because they want it. Some aren't doing that I also agree. I agree there is no need to denigrate those of us who thought we were buying it with coins and discovered when we came here that we spent gems.

For me there is no long term benefit to having bought this because I didn't want to buy it and stored it because I don't intend to use the horrid hut. It is useless to me. I don't want the items from the tent. If I do, I prefer to buy cabbages.

There are no elk or mithryl dropping items in the tent. I wouldn't want them if there were. My storage is full if junk I don't want and can't get rid of.

Now, had I been offered a trading post where I could trade my useless stuff for stuff I actually wanted, in a sale and not a faux story, I might have chosen to buy it. But that didn't happen.

I would prefer to believe that S8 made a mistake. I would like to see them fess up and pay up also, to those who don't want this and were tricked into buying it by presenting it as a story. Paying customers have already left because of this. I had planned to buy gems in the next sale which showed up today, but I am not spending money on any S8 game unless my gems are returned. I am sure I am not the only one burned by this who will no longer bank gems in fear that they will be stolen by trickery.

Good post, jdygmgi

This is a case of trick or treachery. ::(:mad: S8 needs to address it and make it right.

CharmOfLea
10-16-15, 05:04 PM
So true. I don't mind posters who bought it in good faith because they want it. Some aren't doing that I also agree. I agree there is no need to denigrate those of us who thought we were buying it with coins and discovered when we came here that we spent gems.

For me there is no long term benefit to having bought this because I didn't want to buy it and stored it because I don't intend to use the horrid hut. It is useless to me. I don't want the items from the tent. If I do, I prefer to buy cabbages.

There are no elk or mithryl dropping items in the tent. I wouldn't want them if there were. My storage is full if junk I don't want and can't get rid of.

Now, had I been offered a trading post where I could trade my useless stuff for stuff I actually wanted, in a sale and not a faux story, I might have chosen to buy it. But that didn't happen.

I would prefer to believe that S8 made a mistake. I would like to see them fess up and pay up also, to those who don't want this and were tricked into buying it by presenting it as a story. Paying customers have already left because of this. I had planned to buy gems in the next sale which showed up today, but I am not spending money on any S8 game unless my gems are returned. I am sure I am not the only one burned by this who will no longer bank gems in fear that they will be stolen by trickery.

Good post, jdygmgi

This is a case of trick or treachery. ::(:mad: S8 needs to address it and make it right.

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think ull hear anything satisfying. It's already late afternoon in Cali, and S8 is doing the usual, sitting it out.
There's enough info on the net when u research the company to help u understand their business practices. They have to make money, we all understand that, and this is the way they choose to do it.

Trin5
10-16-15, 07:14 PM
What devices are allowed access to the videos? Is it android or iOS? I have an iPad and have access to the Baron's tent but not to watch the trailer ads. The strange thing is that when I go to play, I can see the box on the top left of screen that says free gift with an arrow to press. It disappears before I can get to it & believe me, I've tried! I uninstalled & reinstalled the game and even tried shutting down the device & restarting but nothing worked. Can anyone help with info as to why I can see it while the game is loading but is gone right after.

mreames
10-16-15, 07:25 PM
My iPad does the same thing, while my iPhone gets the video. S8 has said that the only error is in it showing up at all. Not everyone is intended to get the video trailers.

What devices are allowed access to the videos? Is it android or iOS? I have an iPad and have access to the Baron's tent but not to watch the trailer ads. The strange thing is that when I go to play, I can see the box on the top left of screen that says free gift with an arrow to press. It disappears before I can get to it & believe me, I've tried! I uninstalled & reinstalled the game and even tried shutting down the device & restarting but nothing worked. Can anyone help with info as to why I can see it while the game is loading but is gone right after.

jopik
10-16-15, 09:53 PM
At the very least you could specify the maximum number of cabbages one can have at a time.

As my nbr told me she bought FEW value packs recently (remember the v.packs offering 22 cabbages?) and she did have about 120 cabbages in her B.Tent. So that mean we can have more 100 cabbages , i think.

anissada
10-17-15, 01:43 AM
As my nbr told me she bought FEW value packs recently (remember the v.packs offering 22 cabbages?) and she did have about 120 cabbages in her B.Tent. So that mean we can have more 100 cabbages , i think.

thatgoes for bought cabbages.. the three free ones are no longer given if you have more than 0 if i have understood post #126 right.
so that would mean you are being disadvantaged (again) if you have spend gems, wheather it is to buy the cabbage hut or value packs... bit ironical isn't it.. you are NOT rewarded for buying gems but punished by not getting 3 free cabbages daily, lol..

EBJW
10-17-15, 04:02 AM

Good post, jdygmgi

I would prefer it too, but I'm afraid....
I remember a similar thing happened with Ivy's bakery: quest popped up and I accidently bought the building not knowing/being told it costed lots of gems... As many others...

This time I was lucky, I saw just in time, and could cancel the buy just in time...

Don't like this ......

mreames
10-17-15, 04:37 AM
IF, and that's a big IF, a player goes to the baron's tent wanting to win the grand prize, they have to buy extra cabbages to have a chance to win, anyway. I bought the value package once, got one prize. The same money would have covered the cabbage hut and could be winning the grand prize every month instead of a one-time deal. The 3 free cabbages per day have never accumulated and so would never lead to winning the grand prize. Don't get me wrong, I normally use the 3 per day just to get whatever extra I can but I know it won't lead to winning the main prize. It's really not comparing apples to apples. I'm not taking up for S8, but rather this is for those contemplating buying the cabbage hut or not.

thatgoes for bought cabbages.. the three free ones are no longer given if you have more than 0 if i have understood post #126 right.
so that would mean you are being disadvantaged (again) if you have spend gems, wheather it is to buy the cabbage hut or value packs... bit ironical isn't it.. you are NOT rewarded for buying gems but punished by not getting 3 free cabbages daily, lol..

danzplace
10-17-15, 05:14 AM
The same thought has benn going through my head. I have been tempted to spend gems for a prize, so should I just take the leap and get the hut? Seems like I should, but Christmas is coming, and I am weary to use all my gems...

What to do???

TucsonJudy
10-17-15, 06:36 AM
What devices are allowed access to the videos? Is it android or iOS? I have an iPad and have access to the Baron's tent but not to watch the trailer ads. The strange thing is that when I go to play, I can see the box on the top left of screen that says free gift with an arrow to press. It disappears before I can get to it & believe me, I've tried! I uninstalled & reinstalled the game and even tried shutting down the device & restarting but nothing worked. Can anyone help with info as to why I can see it while the game is loading but is gone right after.SAME thing happens to me. I play on ipad2

PrincessCupOButter
10-17-15, 07:35 AM
IF, and that's a big IF, a player goes to the baron's tent wanting to win the grand prize, they have to buy extra cabbages to have a chance to win, anyway. I bought the value package once, got one prize. The same money would have covered the cabbage hut and could be winning the grand prize every month instead of a one-time deal. The 3 free cabbages per day have never accumulated and so would never lead to winning the grand prize. Don't get me wrong, I normally use the 3 per day just to get whatever extra I can but I know it won't lead to winning the main prize. It's really not comparing apples to apples. I'm not taking up for S8, but rather this is for those contemplating buying the cabbage hut or not.

This is how I feel too. I've bought three prizes from the tent since its been available. I think it will eventually pay for itself if there are ever any more prizes I'm interested in getting. I think given the option, some people would have chosen to invest in it because of that.

My issue, and apparently many others as well, is in the sneaky underhanded way it was presented. I so regret not slowing down and taking a screen shot of the market. I swear, it did not look like other gem purchase buildings with the gem showing up boldly. That, added to the fact that the pop up dialog (also wish I had screen shots!) made it seem like a continuation of the story line, seems like a deliberately set trap. I'm still getting the pop up to get the cabbage hut. NOWHERE does it mention gems.

The bottom line is this: in my haste, I didn't pay proper attention and I got caught. I can't really "blame" S8 for my mistake, but they are responsible for setting things up in such a way that encourages people to make such mistakes.

For me, the solution is to never purchase gems again. I just wish there was a way to keep the ones I still have (and earn from playing games, adventures, etc) safe until I choose to spend them. My advice to those who do purchase gems.....wait until you are ready to spend them before purchasing, then spend them immediately. We can't lose them to a trap, if there aren't any to lose!

CharmOfLea
10-17-15, 09:25 AM
I so regret not slowing down and taking a screen shot of the market.

Here, I'll share mine.25129

Berry_Land22
10-17-15, 11:31 AM
I bought it too thinking we could save the cabbage....duh no so! I saved the 5 free cabbage from buying the overprice space waster but didn't use them right away because I didn't like the prize and when it was time to throw I expected to have 8 cabbage (the 5 I saved + 3 free) to my surprise I only had 3 stupid rotten cabbage!!!😭😭 Why oh why??? Now I'm wondering if the 1 we get from the hut can be saved or do we have to use it every day??? I'm still crying over my lost cabbage!😭😭😭

newzealander
10-17-15, 11:32 AM
I am amongst those that 'accidently' bought this, not realising it was a gem drainer; I blindly followed the instructions that popped up, and I acknowledge that I should have paid more attention. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

However now that I have it, I'm going to try to make the best of it, so I'm going to ask a dumb question - how do I store cabbages to use in the Baron's tent, as opposed to normal garden cabbages, or are they the same? If they are the same, then how do I use that supply in the Baron's tent, because all I see is a + button that makes me buy more.

arikasi
10-17-15, 11:45 AM

I have similar, but even if you do get to it then a popup box appears in the middle of the screen and offers you quantity 0 with no picture above it of what item (guess this should be gems or energy).

I wondered has anyone who has bought gems in the past been given the option to watch videos for gems?

arikasi
10-17-15, 11:50 AM
The same thought has benn going through my head. I have been tempted to spend gems for a prize, so should I just take the leap and get the hut? Seems like I should, but Christmas is coming, and I am weary to use all my gems...

What to do???

I might have bought the cabbage hut intentionally, just not at this time. I had been saving up my gems all year and finally had 750 in case a good building (because I wished I had have been able to afford the winter bakery last year) came out at Christmas. Now I accidentally spent the 450 :( I never play the tent so its not worth it to me. However now I have the cabbage hut and have ZERO expectation of anyone getting reimbursed I will keep it out and use it. I think its a good building for those that use the tent, it just wasn't good for me at this time.

Trin5
10-17-15, 01:14 PM
My iPad does the same thing, while my iPhone gets the video. S8 has said that the only error is in it showing up at all. Not everyone is intended to get the video trailers.

Thanks, was wondering if I should report the problem to S8 but now it seems like a waste of time. Seeing as the device is not reason, then what is?! Is it the amount of gems I have already? I don't know what the criteria is for getting it but it's a shame that all players don't benefit from what is offered.

jopik
10-17-15, 02:26 PM

I just answered the questing that theres an ability to store more than 100 cabbages if you buy them or COLLECT from the HUT. I was happy to buy the Hut and want to save the cabbages and its good to know that theres no 99 limit like other items. I dont much care about 3 daily cabbages if i can have 30 of them a month now. That means One FREE prize a month for sure. It is worth for me, imho.

PrincessCupOButter
10-17-15, 03:18 PM
Here, I'll share mine.25129

Thank you for sharing! I would have sworn that purple gem wasn't there bold as can be. I guess my eyes just saw what they wanted to see. Lol
(The idea of "winning" prizes without having to pay gems to do so, was exciting.) Plus, I really did think at first that moving a building 'away from the cottages' was going to tie in to the H'ween event.

Note to Self: PAY MORE ATTENTION! :rolleyes:

PrincessCupOButter
10-17-15, 03:22 PM
I have similar, but even if you do get to it then a popup box appears in the middle of the screen and offers you quantity 0 with no picture above it of what item (guess this should be gems or energy).

I wondered has anyone who has bought gems in the past been given the option to watch videos for gems?

I've bought gems in the past. (won't be doing that again) And the free gift for me is 2 energy per video, it never changes. So there's no way to guarantee gems even if you could view the videos.

anissada
10-17-15, 04:18 PM
I just answered the questing that theres an ability to store more than 100 cabbages if you buy them or COLLECT from the HUT. I was happy to buy the Hut and want to save the cabbages and its good to know that theres no 99 limit like other items. I dont much care about 3 daily cabbages if i can have 30 of them a month now. That means One FREE prize a month for sure. It is worth for me, imho.

post #142 tells a different story...
saving up the ONE youget for free every day from the hut isn't possible if i read that...
or am i missing something?
i think if you buy a value pack you can exceed the limit of three..
but saving. beyond three without a buy isn't possible?

anyone who can confirm this too ?

mjhd49505
10-17-15, 05:33 PM
I do not even know how to use my free cabbage each day - is it stored somewhere? Confused.

figththefire
10-17-15, 06:54 PM
post #142 tells a different story...
saving up the ONE youget for free every day from the hut isn't possible if i read that...
or am i missing something?
i think if you buy a value pack you can exceed the limit of three..
but saving. beyond three without a buy isn't possible?

anyone who can confirm this too ?
In that post sounds like a bug. If she/he had 5 cab. than thats the amount she/he wil have unless decides to spend it.
No way to earn 3 daily cab. if you have more than 3 already.
I had 3 cab.yesteray today I have 5 because I collected from hut twice
Once again you only get 1-3 daily cabs if you have 0 -2 cabs left in your tent. They do not add up to the amount more than 3

FlowerBurst
10-17-15, 08:25 PM
Thanks, was wondering if I should report the problem to S8 but now it seems like a waste of time. Seeing as the device is not reason, then what is?! Is it the amount of gems I have already? I don't know what the criteria is for getting it but it's a shame that all players don't benefit from what is offered.

One of my neighbors (also a relative of mine) gets the videos--lucky enough to have the opportunity to earn 3 gems a day! I cannot access the videos--lucky (cough, cough) enough to get a "dud" button! We both play on an iPad Air. We have both purchased gems in the past. We have both purchased one Service Pack in the past. We have discussed this issue but cannot come up with a reason as to why she gets the videos and I don't. I simply do not understand why TL would randomly "exclude" some players from viewing these videos. Aren't these videos ads? Doesn't TL benefit from their players viewing them? :confused:

rosym47
10-18-15, 12:17 AM
I won't be getting this cabbage house and I don't want the Barons tent either. I wish I could store it because it takes up my space and it only gives things I have plenty of already. I've no wish for any more decorations so I don't spend gems to get them.

Berry_Land22
10-18-15, 07:11 AM
In that post sounds like a bug. If she/he had 5 cab. than thats the amount she/he wil have unless decides to spend it.
Once again you only get 1-3 daily cabs if you have 0 -2 cabs left in your tent. They do not add up to the amount more than 3

I bought it on both accounts, and I'm having the issue with both huts. if it's a bug then I'm really unlucky to have this happen! TL needs to fix this please��

anissada
10-18-15, 07:19 AM

thanks for answering, but i still wonder.. did you get the 5 cabbages for buying the hut and did you already spend them?

riverly
10-18-15, 07:27 AM
I do not even know how to use my free cabbage each day - is it stored somewhere? Confused.i think it is stored in the baron tent. The objective is to collect every day until you have 25 rotten cabbages so you are guaranteed hitting the grand prize.

Liloze
10-18-15, 10:01 AM
something like

lol ;) Gosh girl, you hit the nail on the head :)
I still got no reply until now.
Oh well I am losing gems and gold in other S8 games, they are vanishing in thin air, without me doing anything!
At least I have tangible proof as a Cabbage Hut in my Queendom this time, for 450 ...OUCH ....steep price....it hurrrrrts !
:eek:

figththefire
10-18-15, 11:28 AM
thanks for answering, but i still wonder.. did you get the 5 cabbages for buying the hut and did you already spend them?

I spent 5 cabs that I received from placing hut and 5 cabs from throwing 10 cabs in the tent.
So i had 0 cabs in tent. Next day I received 3 daily cabs. After that I collected from the hut and had total of 4 cabs.
Next day, i still had 4 , than I again collected from hut, i had 5 cabs
Today i have 6, because I collected from hut once again

anissada
10-18-15, 12:31 PM
I spent 5 cabs that I received from placing hut and 5 cabs from throwing 10 cabs in the tent.
So i had 0 cabs in tent. Next day I received 3 daily cabs. After that I collected from the hut and had total of 4 cabs.
Next day, i still had 4 , than I again collected from hut, i had 5 cabs
Today i have 6, because I collected from hut once again

thanks.. but although i have over 1300 gems now, i still don't think it's worth 450 gems as i never have bought gems for the barons tent and never will too..but that's just my opinion..

Trin5
10-19-15, 12:01 AM
I bought the cabbage hut. If you want to purchase it, I would advise saving your 3 cabbages from the tent before you buy the hut. After purchasing hut, 5 cabbages will be given. Now a total of 8 cabbages. There's a task to throw 10 cabbages at the baron to earn 5 cabbages and that made no sense to me because I'll be losing 5 plus I'll be waiting 2 days to get from hut to make up the 10 cabbages. So I ignored it & kept my 8 cabbages. However, the tent no longer give cabbages because it's over 3. Cabbages are now collected once per day and stored at tent. I don't know if there's a limit to cabbages stored. I'll just wait and see.��

coolssp
10-19-15, 03:18 AM
This doesn't make sense to me :rolleyes: maybe my math is wrong but the grand prize doesn't seem to be worth it

I bought the cabbage hut. If you want to purchase it, I would advise saving your 3 cabbages from the tent before you buy the hut. After purchasing hut, 5 cabbages will be given. Now a total of 8 cabbages. There's a task to throw 10 cabbages at the baron to earn 5 cabbages and that made no sense to me because I'll be losing 5 plus I'll be waiting 2 days to get from hut to make up the 10 cabbages. So I ignored it & kept my 8 cabbages. However, the tent no longer give cabbages because it's over 3. Cabbages are now collected once per day and stored at tent. I don't know if there's a limit to cabbages stored. I'll just wait and see.��

Korlcek
10-19-15, 04:43 AM
This is how I understand the tent works:

1. Once I visit the tent 22hr countdown starts
2. If I have less than 3 cabbages it is refilled to 3
3. If I want a different prize I need to re-visit the tent after 22hrs for new countdown to start
4. When I collect from the Cabbage Hut I get 1 cabbage added to tent
5. So far no known max limit on cabbages

Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Trin5
10-19-15, 06:09 AM
This is how I understand the tent works:

1. Once I visit the tent 22hr countdown starts
2. If I have less than 3 cabbages it is refilled to 3
3. If I want a different prize I need to re-visit the tent after 22hrs for new countdown to start
4. When I collect from the Cabbage Hut I get 1 cabbage added to tent
5. So far no known max limit on cabbages

Correct me if I'm mistaken.
As I mentioned before, to maximize amount of cabbages stored, don't use the 3 cabbages given from the tent on the day of purchasing hut. (That is, if you wish to purchase it) After purchasing hut, 5 cabbages will be given as reward so that makes 8 cabbages total if you don't use the 3 cabbages from the tent.
Note: You will no longer receive 3 cabbages per day from tent. The hut will give 1 cabbage per day which will be stored at tent. Save enough cabbages to guarantee a prize, that means at least 25 cabbages. So that's 1 prize a month. I don't know if there's a max on amount stored. I won't use any cabbages unless there's an item I want so I'll save as much as I can. I hope this info is helpful.

tvangstanke
10-19-15, 08:51 AM
For those who have any interest in what the Barons Tent has to offer, these two gaming strategies may clarify the advantages of purchasing the hut:

Without the cabbage hut, you can:
A1) throw 3 cabbages each day for collecting random material from the Barons tent (due to daily refill from the tent)
OR
A2) stay away from the Barons tent for 22 days and still have only 3 cabbages to throw (due to the fact that the daily refill never accumulates) Every top prize you desire will cost you about 180 gems.

With the cabbage hut, you can:
B1) throw 4 cabbages each day for collecting random material from the Barons tent (due to daily refill from the tent + 1 daily from the hut)
OR
B2) stay away from the Barons tent for 22 days and then have 25 cabbages to throw, thus winning all the random material on the board AND the top prize (due to the fact that the daily cabbages from the tent accumulate)
Even if you're having the worst of luck on the throwing board, you can still collect the top prize every 22. day without ever spending gems beyond purchasing the hut.

If you are not interested in the Barons tent, there is no advantage in buying the hut. My sympathies if you bought it by mistake.

vednir
10-19-15, 09:13 AM
B1) throw 4 cabbages each day for collecting random material from the Barons tent (due to daily refill from the tent + 1 daily from the hut)
OR
B2) stay away from the Barons tent for 22 days and then have 25 cabbages to throw, thus winning all the random material on the board AND the top prize (due to the fact that the daily cabbages from the tent accumulate)

You assume, like everyone else that one can accumulate 25 cabbages. While there appears to be no upper limit to purchased cabbages via gems/real money there is zero confirmation from S8 that one can actually accumulate 25 cabbages by waiting the requisite 22 days. As an example, one can exceed the 99 item limit for corn through the random materials collected in the Baron's tent but if one tries to harvest more corn when one is already at 99 corn the count does not increase.

We would presume that one can store 25 cabbages but given the complete and total lack of transparency or further explanation by S8 that is a very, very bad assumption to make. S8 clearly monitors and participates in this forum as they have on hundreds of other occasions and when there has been confusion, especially on items that cost real money (gems) in the past they have been relatively quick to provide clarification. That is after all good salesmanship. The complete and total lack of additional communication on this real money (gem) building makes any assumptions, such as being able to accumulate 25 cabbages a fool's errand since you are placing your faith in the same company that uses gem traps as a revenue generator.

Is the cabbage hut a good buy if the maximum number of cabbages you can accumulate (not purchase) is less than 25? What if you can only accumulate a maximum of 20 cabbages? Or 15? Or 10?

meme1098
10-19-15, 09:14 AM
For those who have any interest in what the Barons Tent has to offer, these two gaming strategies may clarify the advantages of purchasing the hut:

Without the cabbage hut, you can:
A1) throw 3 cabbages each day for collecting random material from the Barons tent (due to daily refill from the tent)
OR
A2) stay away from the Barons tent for 22 days and still have only 3 cabbages to throw (due to the fact that the daily refill never accumulates) Every top prize you desire will cost you about 180 gems.

OR
Even if you're having the worst of luck on the throwing board, you can still collect the top prize every 22. day without ever spending gems beyond purchasing the hut.

If you are not interested in the Barons tent, there is no advantage in buying the hut. My sympathies if you bought it by mistake.

Too bad you can't post this on the first page. S8 has yet to explain how it works...lol

CharmOfLea
10-19-15, 12:04 PM
Ehehehe, all these explanations above are true if u get lucky and the grand prize ur interested in appears in ur tent on days 22-30. If not, uve lost ur chance of acquiring what u wished for during that month.

Seriously700
10-19-15, 05:02 PM
I think the goal to purchase the cabbage hut is very misleading. Ivy calls it "a specialized house just to produce and store" the rotten cabbages. That would suggest that you would still get the 3 daily cabbages in the tent which is not the case since the hut cabbages are stored in the tent.

sammiuk
10-19-15, 05:24 PM
Well I bought the hut ... collected each day and I've had no new cabbages show up in my hut if it a glitch sort it out as I spent coins for this bloody thing only to have gems taken off and still getting nothing for the hassle well and truly not impressed Storm 8 have truly let everyone down with this I bought mine for coins this I know but had gems taken for it now the bloody thing isn't explained and now it seems it doesn't do the job I'm truly fed up

riverly
10-19-15, 06:22 PM
The cabbages s don't show up in the hut. They show up in the tent

vulpesvulpes1
10-19-15, 11:56 PM
Sounds like I should save my gems for something better.

alexsjusa
10-20-15, 01:05 AM

What videos???

vulpesvulpes1
10-20-15, 11:57 AM
probably the videos you can watch to get gems

midgetsocks
10-20-15, 01:06 PM
What is with the new Boom! Headshot! goals listed today? Again, throw 10 cabbages to get 5. What are they on about?

midgetsocks
10-20-15, 01:08 PM
"No point in trying to fix what we can't fix!" :confused: Seems rather cold if they're speaking to people who'd like their gems back and don't want the tent. So strange.

ktorewqas
10-20-15, 02:05 PM
I got it and threw the free 3 daily cabbages, they were counted lol

PrincessCupOButter
10-20-15, 02:20 PM
"No point in trying to fix what we can't fix!" :confused: Seems rather cold if they're speaking to people who'd like their gems back and don't want the tent. So strange.

I've found all the dialog from this update to be oddly appropriate, considering how most commenters seem to feel. I can't quote it word for word, but Ivy refers to the building as "smelly". Considering how it seemed set up to "trick" people into buying it (releasing it as a regular update and not mentioning it's a gem purchase in the pop ups) I'd say Ivy is correct, something definitely stinks! :p The above quote seems appropriate for both the cabbage hut and the barons tent. Basically "you're stuck with it so you might as well make the best of it." Exactly what I intend to do....while also being extra careful, hoping I don't get fooled again.

Ps. This really isn't a complaint. I'm over it. I have 6 cabbages saved so far, waiting until I get enough to buy a prize. I happen to love ironic humor and the dialog in this "update" qualifies IMO.

vednir
10-20-15, 03:56 PM
Thumbs up for the Boom! Headshot! title. Thumbs down for everything else including the persistent silence about how the cabbage hut works.

arikasi
10-20-15, 06:42 PM
The hut would be so much better if it was not on a 24 hr timer but rather matched the tent and had a 22hr timer.

Could someone suggest this time change to S8?

24 hour timers are so hard to collect, the extra two hours is much appreciated and give a player leeway to be able to use the building everyday.

CharmOfLea
10-20-15, 07:13 PM
24 hour timers are so hard to collect, the extra two hours is much appreciated and give a player leeway to be able to use the building everyday.
And that is why the new buildings come with a 24h timer now.

KandeeGameOne
10-21-15, 01:32 AM
I haven't bought the hut yet, due to the fact that it takes forever to have enough cabbages to get a guaranteed prize (since the tent stops giving you 3 cabbages) and because I'd really like some of the Halloween items that are in the tent now and I wouldn't be able to get them anyway.
I do have to say though that people 'accidentally' buying the hut isn't S8's fault. I've been playing games like Castle Story, Restaurant Story etc. for long enough to know that you always have to double check. In this case I looked at the hut in the market, saw that it costs gems and didn't buy it. Whoever bought it because they thought it was coins can't really complain because it clearly says gems.
There have always been quests that require buildings that cost gems (The barracks for example), so this isn't really something out of the ordinary.

aremifashion
10-21-15, 10:22 AM
My question is where do you store the cabbages? do you let it build up in the house or do you have to lose out on the three a day awarded to you if you don't use it everyday.

vednir
10-21-15, 10:32 AM
My question is where do you store the cabbages? do you let it build up in the house or do you have to lose out on the three a day awarded to you if you don't use it everyday.

Cabbage count is shown in the Baron's tent. Once you have more than 3 cabbages you no longer get any free cabbages that day. Therefore you do "lose" out on the three awarded per day.

PikaSquirrel
10-21-15, 02:52 PM
Rotten Cabbages is not stored in your inventory, you can keep track of how many you have in the Baron's Game Tent. You are only brought up to a total of 3 Rotten Cabbages per day. If you already have 3+, you will not receive the daily 3 Rotten Cabbage from the Baron's Game Tent. You can collect and keep more than 25 Rotten Cabbages if you choose not to use them and collect them.

We've forwarded feedback on the timer.

aremifashion
10-21-15, 04:11 PM
ah ok at least you have a sure fire way to reach a prize. thank you for the answer.

stargaze91
10-21-15, 09:28 PM
I didn't buy the cabbage hut ,and let 'Spoiled rotten' expire .when I clicked finish ,I got boom headshot :rolleyes: and my 3 free cabbages counted towards the total 10 ..so I guess I'll get 3+ extra 5 cabbages four day from today..

PikaSquirrel
10-22-15, 03:47 PM

CharmOfLea
10-22-15, 07:26 PM

Oh, that's the most amazing news! Thank you!! Would you consider changing Ivy' Kitchen timer as well please?

BuddyB111
10-23-15, 02:32 PM
Thought I had missed an update, but reading this thread I realised that it's about yet another thing only available to iOS players.

poppynpoe
11-09-15, 03:44 PM
I bought the Cabbage Hut and I have been collecting from it for weeks.... However, I cannot figure out where my inventory of rotten cabbages are stored. Everyday, I only have 3 cabbages in the tent. I have asked a few of my neighbors who purchased the Hut and none of them understood the situation either... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

poppynpoe
11-09-15, 03:54 PM
I found the answer in another thread:

"Rotten Cabbages is not stored in your inventory, you can keep track of how many you have in the Baron's Game Tent. You are only brought up to a total of 3 Rotten Cabbages per day. If you already have 3+, you will not receive the daily 3 Rotten Cabbage from the Baron's Game Tent. You can collect and keep more than 25 Rotten Cabbages if you choose not to use them and collect them."

Bummer... I wish I could still get daily cabbages even if I have more than 3 saved up... Would make the purchase of the Hut more reasonable

fantaloonastic
11-13-15, 11:46 AM
OK apparently im too stupid for this because I'm still not getting it. So basically this was a waste and I can stop collecting cabbages that I can't use and never show up anywhere?

PikaSquirrel
11-13-15, 12:17 PM
OK apparently im too stupid for this because I'm still not getting it. So basically this was a waste and I can stop collecting cabbages that I can't use and never show up anywhere?

Without the Cabbage Hut, you can only have 3 Rotten Cabbages to throw per day (unless you choose to buy more with Gems). If you have the Cabbage Hut, you can throw 4 a day. If you want to collect more Rotten Cabbages to throw at once, you can keep your 4 Rotten Cabbages, and then collect 1 a day through the Cabbage Hut until you decide when you want to use them. The only thing if you stock up on Rotten Cabbage is that you can only get 1 additional a day from the Hut, you won't receive an extra 3 from the Baron's Game Tent. This is because the Baron's Game Tent will only bring you up to 3 Rotten Cabbages daily, if you have more than 3, it won't add more. (Ex: If you have 1, it will add 2 to bring you up to 3. If you have 3, you wont' earn any since you already have 3.)

You don't see Rotten Cabbages in your Inventory, but if you want to see how many you have, just open the Baron's Game Tent and you'll see how many you have there.

fantaloonastic
11-13-15, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the explanation but I've been collecting them for ages now and I never get more than those normal 3 in the Barron's game tent. Obviously I'm doing it wrong.

PikaSquirrel
11-16-15, 02:31 PM
Thank you for the explanation but I've been collecting them for ages now and I never get more than those normal 3 in the Barron's game tent. Obviously I'm doing it wrong.

Are you collecting from the Cabbage Hut for your 1 Rotten Cabbage before or after you use up your 3 Rotten Cabbage you have daily in your Baron's Game Tent? If you don't use the 3 given to you through the Baron's Game Tent and collect from the Cabbage Hut, you should see 4 total when you go through them in the Baron's Game Tent. Do you still only see 3 even after collecting from the Cabbage Hut?

jettsam
11-18-15, 06:30 AM
I have the cabbage hut ... Bought it thinking I could accumulate cabbages however my tent always just shows 3 when it resets and 0 until it resets again. Where are the cabbages I earned?

SpiritWind00
11-18-15, 02:19 PM
I have the cabbage hut ... Bought it thinking I could accumulate cabbages however my tent always just shows 3 when it resets and 0 until it resets again. Where are the cabbages I earned?

to start the accumulation process, make sure you have your 3 free ones available and then collect from the tent. Get rid of ones there first. Wait for freebies. You may have to wait a day to get the 3 cabbages first and then collect from the hut.

SpiritWind00
11-30-15, 02:44 AM
This is not working!
I don't use the cabbages at all, have this building for 3 days now, collect daily and still see only 3 in the tent (before and after i collect).
Please fix this issue. (Yes, i restarted the game and the device too, many times.)

i am using iphone6+, iOS 9.0.2

just to clarify: you are not throwing any cabbages at all? Have you checked your cabbage balance before and after collecting from the Cabbage Hut? That's what I'd do and take a screen shot of your before and after.

keep posting, I'm working on updating the inventory guide, so I'll be here for another half an hour :)

SpiritWind00
11-30-15, 03:01 AM
Yes, this is correct.
I am not throwing any cabbages at all. I have checked my cabbage balance before and after collecting from the Cabbage Hut. It was 3 and remained 3. Next collect time is in 21 hours. i will post screen shots before and after i collect.

Yes, please do post, but create a new thread in the Bugs Forum so that the Community Managers can see your post and ask them to check your game. Sorry this is happening! Don't worry, we'll get it all sorted out. I'll keep an eye out on your thread and alert S8 as well. :)

zakandcob
02-09-16, 01:23 AM
Hey there,I've saved up 443 gems (just need 7 more) to buy a cabbage hut! But now I'm wondering if I'm better off saving my precious gems or whether the hut is worth them? Do you get at least an extra cabbage per day? Are you happy you bought yours? I have seriously lame luck with the barons tent so wondering will the hut improve my chances of winning something/anything?! lol...Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated...cheers! 😊

SpiritWind00
02-09-16, 02:48 AM
Hey there,I've saved up 443 gems (just need 7 more) to buy a cabbage hut! But now I'm wondering if I'm better off saving my precious gems or whether the hut is worth them? Do you get at least an extra cabbage per day? Are you happy you bought yours? I have seriously lame luck with the barons tent so wondering will the hut improve my chances of winning something/anything?! lol...Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated...cheers! ��

Some people love it, others not so much. It depends on what level you are and if you want decorative items or items that drop little goodies. This thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392-Castle-Story-Building-Guide&p=1070491&viewfull=1#post1070491)tells you how the Tent works. Overall it means that once a month (assuming collecting from the hut for at least 25 of the 30 days in the month and save them up) you can get a grand prize. To me, it's worth it. you only need a couple of prizes to 'break even' if you compare it to purchasing cabbages with gems.

merged with existing thread.... SW :)

federerGOAT
02-09-16, 02:25 PM
I see in the shops that there is a cabbage hut that is goal locked.
Does it mean that there is a way to get the hut without using gems?

CuteTali
02-09-16, 02:28 PM
I see in the shops that there is a cabbage hut that is goal locked.
Does it mean that there is a way to get the hut without using gems?

I was wondering the same thing.

SpiritWind00
02-09-16, 08:31 PM
No, it's a gem purchase only. Not sure why it's still in our market locked... I'll check on that. I have it locked in my game and I have a cabbage hut.

MoonVillage3
03-05-16, 12:14 PM
I'm in the same position.. I do have the Cabbage Hut but still see it in my market as a locked goal. Would this be an error?

PikaSquirrel
04-12-16, 01:45 PM
I'm in the same position.. I do have the Cabbage Hut but still see it in my market as a locked goal. Would this be an error?

We're looking into this.

PikaSquirrel
04-12-16, 05:25 PM
You can get another Cabbage Hut by trading Troll Tokens for it in the Trade Wagon now. :)

Loopielu
02-07-17, 04:55 AM
Save this link. It not only explains how the hut works so that you save 25 cabbages to get the guaranteed return, but also has links to show what you could win (if they are repeated prizes - and they usually are ...) and whether they're deco only or give drops.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92434-Castle-Story-The-Baron-s-Game-Tent-How-it-works-Prize-lists