PDA

View Full Version : Translations, please

barbarix
10-14-15, 03:15 PM
Dear Team Lava, I am playing out of a partially German speaking country, and this game does not let me choose a language...all the animal names are translated and even with very good English- and German- it is only possible about 40 percent of the time to buess what animal we are all talking about. Is there a translation chart somewhere?
Or can you pls make one? Pls do not direct to German forum, they do not tend to have the same quality and m
nowhere near the number of players that your English forums have.
xxx
P.S. Am I the only person playing this outside English speaking territory?

LonePudding
10-14-15, 04:06 PM
The language the game is in depends on the language setting on your device.

Hawksmoor
10-14-15, 04:11 PM
There is another player in these forums who posts regularly named Drachenia who is also German. If you see her around she may be able to help?

kooky panda
10-14-15, 04:15 PM
Try changing the settings on your device.
go into Settings >> General >> International >> Language, then select whichever language you prefer.

natxjkkggg
10-15-15, 08:47 AM
I also could not find the point international !???

LonePudding
10-15-15, 12:21 PM
I also could not find the point international !???

On my iPhone, it's Settings > General > Language & Region > iPhone Language

Paxxxx
10-16-15, 12:08 PM
Hi, I'm from Germany :-)

The chart is a good idea. I know rhere are also some french-speaking players active in this forum, maybe we could make a multi-language chart?

@barbarix? Where do you live?

U4Rick
11-01-15, 03:46 AM
I'm from Taiwan n currently live at Beijing, China. I have to switch language settings fairly often because apps were dnld using both US/Chinese account. Thank God that I don't have a Taiwanese account(simplified n traditional Chinese).

In reference to FFS, when mining, 'close' actually translates as 'shut' instead of 'nearby', so at the beginning, it was just by luck when mining.

Animal types are all translated into specific simplified Chinese names.

There's no language setting within the game or converting chart between languages. So keep changing settings seemed to be the only option for me if I want to play FFS. A converting chart would be helpful, but I don't think there's enough players in China to make S8 develope such feature; I mean if German players are having trouble with translations, who am I to complain?

Strangely enough though, I do have some neighbors whose username are in Japanese characters, maybe it's better translated in Japan, or not.

epinederose
11-06-15, 02:26 PM
Hi, I'm from Germany :-)

The chart is a good idea. I know rhere are also some french-speaking players active in this forum, maybe we could make a multi-language chart?

@barbarix? Where do you live?

french, yes, that's meeeee but as I am austrian, I speak german too....