PDA

View Full Version : Big Gem Grove Opinion

evys_mom
10-14-15, 09:38 AM
Ok, the big gem grove cost $6.1M holds 3 animals and collects $80,000. The little gem grove costs $340,000 holds two animals and collects $50,000.

To me it is obvious that the only real benefit to the big grove is saving space. I just deleted a farm so that I could place my Cyclops and I have two others that I could add...to the math wizards amongst us, is the big gem grove practical??

LonePudding
10-14-15, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure if I'm a math wizard :p but the big gem grove is only practical for space reasons. If I had the free space, I'd only use the small gem groves. The big one is waaaayy over-priced. It should've cost 1 maybe 2 million coins max if you ask me. It is a good way for those of us with many coins to splash out on though, nowadays it feels like everything I do is free, because it doesn't leave a hole in my virtual pocket :rolleyes: I can say I definitely noticed the 6.1 million coin difference! :D

I have 1 big gem grove with an epic obsidian cyclops, a level 13 crystal unicorn and a level 4 obsidian cyclops. I'd love to have the first two separated with the cyclops joined by its level 4 baby but there's no space :(

evys_mom
10-14-15, 07:02 PM
Thank you! That is what I thought. 6.1 would seriously leave me feeling broke... I really want to break them up and use the small grove for now... I probably will have to upgrade later.

evys_mom
10-14-15, 07:12 PM
I did do a quick calculation and if you maxed out the large grove (collecting $80,000 each time) and collected at least 6 times per day...in 32 day you break even and begin to be more profitable. If you are a daily player, then it actually is worth it. However I think in comparison to other groves, like you said it is over price. For decorative purposes though, like you, I prefer the smaller grove. Ugh!!! Decisions Decisions!!!

ogreve
10-15-15, 12:41 AM
Hi,
to make your decision a bit easier perhaps, you could do the following:
-Buy the small one now, which only costs 340,000 coins, which are easy enough to accumulate.
-When more gem spaces are needed directly, either upgrade it then (handy if your forest is tight on space), or simply buy another small gem grove.
-Make sure to have around 150+ gems when Black Friday comes round. I've been doing some reading up on what was done last year, and if it's anything to go by, there's a good chance that the premium habitats will be available for 150 gems again. That is -IMO- an EXCELLENT upgrade option for that habitat. Last summer there was an even better sale, when the premium habitats were only 75 gems IIRC. I upgraded my big fire field in place to a grand one and I didn't have to move any animals around then. Should we get a similar sale this year, you can then decide if you'd like to instantly upgrade it in place to a grand one. But... I *think* (not sure though!) that you can only upgrade a big one to a grand one. Maybe someone can confirm/deny this?

There's one more thing of possible importance: the bigger the habitat, the more coins it can hold. An epic gem animal gives you 5160 coins per hour. With two epic gem animals in a small habitat, it will have reached it's coin holding max. in less than 5 hours, meaning that you're likely to lose money overnight. Now, with three animals in a big one the same will be the case of course, but if you have only two gem animals in it, you'll come closer to being able to 'optimally bridge' up to about 8 hours of away time without losing coins.
But... this argument is only of interest if you're short on coins.

evys_mom
10-15-15, 07:46 AM
That does make sense, thank you!