PDA

View Full Version : Speculation about 10-13-2015 update

ninasidstorm8
10-12-15, 11:45 AM
I was speculating about what the next update might have for us. S8 has been very regular with the Battle Arena schedule, so it?s virtually certain that we will have a new 30 round Battle Arena tournament. I am also expecting a new Storybook Adventure soon and the next update seems like the perfect time for it. The first Storybook Adventure started on 08/18/2015 and the second one started on 09/11/2015, so it makes sense for another one to start with Tuesday?s update or the Friday update at the latest. I think Storybook Adventures will occur about once a month.

Some of the other S8 games have introduced an advertising feature where you watch a video ad of about 25 seconds for some reward. In Dragon Story, you can accelerate by one hour the Breeding time, Hatching Time, Evolution Time or the planting time by 1 hour when you watch the clip. Since this is a way of bringing in extra revenue, I expect that the same feature will be added to Fantasy Forest Story very soon. I suspect to do so, will involve an update to the Application.

Last year there was a World Event with a Trick or Treat theme. Since we are just finishing a World Event, I would not expect a Halloween based event this year, but S8 could make the animals from last year available again. Since none of them used a special element, they could allow us to breed them or include them in a new Spin to Win wheel. Since S8 has only made the old animals available to breed for a week, I would expect that to occur next week, if at all. There were 25 days between the start of the first two Spin to Win Wheels, and Friday will be 24 days since the start of the last one.

So I think we will get a new 30 round tournament and the start of a new Storybook Adventure. We will know by this time tomorrow.

oo56
10-12-15, 03:52 PM
I was speculating about what the next update might have for us. S8 has been very regular with the Battle Arena schedule, so it?s virtually certain that we will have a new 30 round Battle Arena tournament. I am also expecting a new Storybook Adventure soon and the next update seems like the perfect time for it. The first Storybook Adventure started on 08/18/2015 and the second one started on 09/11/2015, so it makes sense for another one to start with Tuesday?s update or the Friday update at the latest. I think Storybook Adventures will occur about once a month.

Some of the other S8 games have introduced an advertising feature where you watch a video ad of about 25 seconds for some reward. In Dragon Story, you can accelerate by one hour the Breeding time, Hatching Time, Evolution Time or the planting time by 1 hour when you watch the clip. Since this is a way of bringing in extra revenue, I expect that the same feature will be added to Fantasy Forest Story very soon. I suspect to do so, will involve an update to the Application.

Last year there was a World Event with a Trick or Treat theme. Since we are just finishing a World Event, I would not expect a Halloween based event this year, but S8 could make the animals from last year available again. Since none of them used a special element, they could allow us to breed them or include them in a new Spin to Win wheel. Since S8 has only made the old animals available to breed for a week, I would expect that to occur next week, if at all. There were 25 days between the start of the first two Spin to Win Wheels, and Friday will be 24 days since the start of the last one.

So I think we will get a new 30 round tournament and the start of a new Storybook Adventure. We will know by this time tomorrow.

Agree!;)

Sandybellee
10-12-15, 03:54 PM
I'm also definitely expecting a tournament tomorrow. Hoping the Storybook won't start yet, but at least you don't have to start it right away so that gives some more days to collect food.

I'm looking forward to another spin wheel but dreading it at the same time... :p

calvinxx
10-12-15, 03:59 PM
I think it would be awesome if the Storybook was Halloween themed :) But instead of the final prize being an ultra rare creature, I think they should have the final prize be a special Halloween habitat that holds 4 animals and has 3 elements: Dark, Nature, Fire

sweetdeda
10-12-15, 04:01 PM
I agree also, more than likely a full tournament and a storybook adventure. Oh how I dream of a free week to breed, hatch feed, and evolve the animals I choose.

LonePudding
10-12-15, 05:10 PM
I'm hoping there isn't another storybook so soon. I haven't really saved that much food since I've been planting runes prunes instead of charm cherries for two weeks and have recently fed an ultra to epic. I also like to start on update day because I feel behind otherwise :rolleyes: A tournament alone will be just fine for me.

Clark_Wayne
10-12-15, 05:57 PM
I'm hoping there isn't another storybook so soon. I haven't really saved that much food since I've been planting runes prunes instead of charm cherries for two weeks and have recently fed an ultra to epic. I also like to start on update day because I feel behind otherwise :rolleyes: A tournament alone will be just fine for me.

agreed : trick-and-treent ate all my food , so i don't want to have a storybook atm :rolleyes:

matiasabad94
10-12-15, 06:05 PM
I think we should make a thread exclusively for update predictions. I've been thinking about it for a while now, but haven't had the time to actually make it. If you guys (and girls!) agree, we could ask Kooky to rename the thread and use it from now on, I'd love to see weekly predictions!

calvinxx
10-12-15, 07:07 PM
I think we should make a thread exclusively for update predictions. I've been thinking about it for a while now, but haven't had the time to actually make it. If you guys (and girls!) agree, we could ask Kooky to rename the thread and use it from now on, I'd love to see weekly predictions!

Yes this is such a good idea!! That was newer players can check in cans learn about updates quicker. And when a world event is predicted that would be very helpful :)

Scribbles138
10-12-15, 08:48 PM
I'm so glad this thread was started, ninasidstorm8! I was also thinking it would be nice for a sticky thread for us to speculate. I just posted in another thread that I hope there isn't another storybook so soon, but having them on a monthly basis is probably a correct assumption.

I just wish there wasn't so much going on all the time. I get that they want to keep us entertained, but I would welcome a few days of down time to be able to hatch all the animals I have in storage and to get my food levels back up.

ogreve
10-13-15, 01:30 AM
Well, for starters I've let go of the idea that we're likely to get many "breeding reprieves". When you read old threads you'll see that TL has pretty much been releasing new animals at high speed ever since the launch of the game. With the current three new breedable animals, one of which limited, and not all of them require the same TWO elements, it would be cruel though if they were to release ANOTHER breedable tonight that requires other elements.
Summarised, here's what I'm "expecting":
-I think there's about a 99% probability of a 30-round tournament starting tonight.
-I also expect a new Storybook to start today, and next week on Tuesday a Halloween themed Spin-to-Win (I'd expect last year's Halloween animals on it and hopefully the Nightmare and/or Skeletal Dragon too).
-There _may_ be a new special habitat being released tonight, but I'd rather expect that next week. Elemental wise I'd expect that to be a nature-dark-earth one, and to have a sale cost of 200 gems, or perhaps one that's only dark-nature, with a sale cost of 100 gems. Colourwise it would be GREAT for me if it could be yellowish, as that would nicely go along with Autumn and Egypt.
-There _may_ be a new breedable, but I doubt it. I certainly hope that there won't be a new limited animal.
-There's a small chance that up to THREE of last year's Halloween animals are re-released as breedables until Friday or Tuesday. I would rather expect that to happen next week though; most likely the Friday before Halloween, so these animals are breedable again all weekend right up until the Tuesday following it.

Just my thoughts, or well, "educated guesses" by going by what TL's release schedule more or less tends to be....:P

As I *think* that a new Storybook will be launched this week or the next, I've started preparing for it. I'm sitting on my fingers to not use bombs now (and have 8 in my storage) and my food stock is currently at 86K and I'm doing back-to-back Charm Cherries harvesting. My Barn Owl is currently undergoing its second evolution, so it will be at level 10 before tonight's update. If I see a Spring opponent in the next tournament's line-up, I'll pick an "opportune" time to start getting the Barn Owl towards level 14. For once I *think* I love the normal adult form better than the epic one (I'll be scouring neighbours' forests to see if I can see an epic Barn Owl somewhere and then decide whether to make it epic or not).
If a new Storybook starts tonight, I'll hold back on raising the Barn Owl for the time being. If not, much depends on the opponent's line-up as to when I'll raise the Barn Owl further...

Sandybellee
10-13-15, 03:44 AM
It's a great idea to have a sticky thread about update speculations! There is something like that on the CS forum and I've found it very useful as a pretty new CS player.

calvinxx
10-13-15, 04:27 AM
For once I *think* I love the normal adult form better than the epic one (I'll be scouring neighbours' forests to see if I can see an epic Barn Owl somewhere and then decide whether to make it epic or not).
If a new Storybook starts tonight, I'll hold back on raising the Barn Owl for the time being. If not, much depends on the opponent's line-up as to when I'll raise the Barn Owl further...

I have an epic Barn Owl in my forest ogreve if you want to look :) I love his epic colours

ogreve
10-13-15, 06:52 AM
I have an epic Barn Owl in my forest ogreve if you want to look :) I love his epic colours

Thanks, I just took a look...
I said it before: It's a major issue now: I think it's gorgeous both as a normal adult as well as in its epic form! :P
I'd love to have TWO of these, but that would also mean needing a second habitat for it.... Aargh.... TL made this animal too pretty in both forms. Normally the epic form is about the same as the normal adult but with more highlights; in this case though the epic is 'greenish' whereas the other forms are more 'blueish'. Both are pretty.... Dunno what to do.... :O

HappyHeartBakery
10-13-15, 11:37 AM
Spin the wheel & tournament

Spin 1 - 25k in coin

ninasidstorm8
10-13-15, 12:24 PM
The prediction on the tournament was too obvious not to come true. I am even more certain now that Friday's update will start a new Storybook Adventure. I wonder if they want to keep it a 10 day event starting on Fridays. Unfortunately for me, the Spin the Wheel only has the one new animal that I don't have.

ogreve
10-16-15, 01:18 AM
Even though I too was (am?) expecting a Storybook to start today, I just came to realise that perhaps that will not happen until next Tuesday, because:
1-So far we've not had a Spin to Win and Storybook at the same time.
2-Currently there wouldn't be any place to position the Storybook badge on the right: there's still a badge for the Tournament, for Spin to Win and for the Typhoon Tiger value pack. That latter one will be gone with this update of course, but I'd expect TL to launch a different value pack then.

Hmmm. Tough to say. I actually DO really hope that a Storybook starts tonight. I'm so ready for one: I'm currently keeping my bombs stock between 10-14 at all times and even after feeding my fourth Gold Lion enough so it could just be sent into the flower for its second evolution, I still have 117K food left, and I'm doing back to back Charm Cherries growing, so no trouble whatsoever with the estimated +/- 150K food requirements for a Storybook.

I'm really annoyed with the same old fails (without a single keeper) from the Ghostrich breeding. It feels like a week of breeding that's completely lost and that could have been spent so much better on shots at the Nightingale. Same for the Spin to Win feature. This is the third installment during which loads of players report getting great animals from free spins, yet so far in 3 spin to wins, I've not had a single free animal. Stuff like that tends to "take the wind out of one's sails" (as we say over here), so some kind of "FFS high" is overdue. :P
Fortunately up until (inclusive) round 28 the tournament is going really well and that's always a lot of fun, IMO. Even if the prize animal has a schmuck look on its face and is reminiscent of the Aperil Fool (which is far from my favourite FFS animal), it is still a welcome addition to the forest. :P

I'm very curious about the announced Sugarskull Glider. I sure hope it's not another LIMITED breedable. I also hope that IF it's a breedable, that it has formula in which I can use the Quartz Quetzalcoatl and that also includes dark, so I can combine several agendas all in one...
Well, little over 10 hours left before we know...:P

HappyHeartBakery
10-16-15, 04:21 AM
Yup - guess we'll know soon ogreve.
Really wish I had bought the QQ:(

ogreve
10-16-15, 05:03 AM
Yup - guess we'll know soon ogreve.
Really wish I had bought the QQ:(

Never worry.... or at least not just yet: Black Friday is no far away. With some luck some of those great gem animals may be on sale again then; possibly even for better prices than their initial sale prices....:P
Something to look out to! :)