PDA

View Full Version : Ghostrich 10-9-15- Expired

Clark_Wayne
10-09-15, 11:48 AM
don't know the english name :D

super rare earth-nature

MAPPIE22
10-09-15, 11:53 AM
It a Ghostrich. And 19hrs hatching time.

ogreve
10-09-15, 11:55 AM
My results:

#01: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (15) + Rock Rhino (15): 10 hours... -> Bamboon

cardinalpsy
10-09-15, 12:13 PM
Got this one after 8th attempt with rock rhino and quartz Quetzalcoatl. Breeding time 19 hrs. My fails included 2 grassquatch, 1 hedgehog and 4 plantlers. I must say the egg looks pretty. Good luck to everyone trying for it.:)

ogreve
10-09-15, 12:18 PM
Congrats!
That's a NEAT egg! I think my first attempts shall be exclusively with the QQ and straight earth or earth-nature. I'm very tempted to make it 4-element breedings by throwing dark into the mix, but I don't want to miss out on this neat animal, so I'll first try with the combinations that have the best odds at success, which then means 3-element breedings...

SummerNightSky
10-09-15, 12:28 PM
Yay, a ghost animal! I was hoping they would release a ghost themed animal, and ostriches are pretty neat in their own right.

My attempts (Lv.11 Rock Rhino x Lv.11 Pandaffodil):
1) 9 hours = Plantlers
2) 9 hours = Plantlers
3) 9 hours = Plantlers
4) 14 hours = Hedgehog
5) 10 hours = Bamboon *new*
6) 9 hours = Plantlers

I still need Bamboon (now have) and Grassquatch from this combo, so there are some good "fails" I could get. Best of luck to everyone trying for Ghostrich and congratulations to those who have already bred one! :)

Ajcl01
10-09-15, 12:41 PM
I'm so happy right now! First I put a Sea Lion egg on the nest, yay! Then Crystal Unicorn and Timbear produced the 19 hour timer, just like that. I love the Halloween theme, think the designs last year ( when I hadn't started playing, sob ) was really cute and clever. So Ghostrich at first try made me very, very happy :)

Sandybellee
10-09-15, 01:33 PM
Ok! Here goes! From breeding Planthers to Plantlers, lol :D

1) Plantlers
2) Plantlers
3) Plantlers
4) Plantlers
5) Plantlers
6) Grassquatch (new animal!)
7) Plantlers
8) Plantlers
9) Hedghog
10) Plantlers
11) Ghostrich!!! Yay!!!

Ok, so I speed-bred a little but it was worth it because I got the 19 hour timer! :)

Clark_Wayne
10-09-15, 02:52 PM
ok! Here goes! From breeding planthers to plantlers, lol :d

1) plantlers

lol lol lol

calvinxx
10-09-15, 04:39 PM
I got it first try guys!! No speed breeding or anything!! This has never happened before! I'm so excited to have him in my forest :) I still really hope a Halloween habitat is around the corner...

I posted the wrong photo lol the other one won't load. I got him with rock rhino and pandafodill!

sweetdeda
10-09-15, 06:02 PM
I got it first try guys!! No speed breeding or anything!! This has never happened before! I'm so excited to have him in my forest :) I still really hope a Halloween habitat is around the corner...

I posted the wrong photo lol the other one won't load. I got him with rock rhino and pandafodill!
That's awesome Calvinxx! Congrats!

oo56
10-09-15, 07:26 PM
Got this animal on my 2nd try!:eek: So excited! 1st try got me a Grassquatch. Wish best of luck for those who will try to get it until it expires! Hope you can breed it! YOU CAN DO IT!;)

evys_mom
10-09-15, 07:40 PM
Wow seems this animal isn't going to be quite as had to breed as all the other new ones I have been trying for without success. I got this first try with Crystal and ancient sloth. I'm shocked.

cocauina
10-09-15, 09:29 PM

What egg is that Calvin? From the wrong image...

oo56
10-09-15, 09:34 PM
What egg is that Calvin? From the wrong image...

@cocauina, I think the egg was the image of the Barn Owl egg!:confused:

cocauina
10-09-15, 10:22 PM
@cocauina, I think the egg was the image of the Barn Owl egg!:confused:

Yes, indeed it is, I need an image from Barn Owl egg.. And a bunch of more that I'm missing..

locotesx3
10-09-15, 10:25 PM
Wow.... Finally had some breeding luck. Got the new treent this morning and just got the ghostrich. Hope my streak continues..

Sandybellee
10-10-15, 01:53 AM
Congrats to everyone who have got Ghostrich already! I'm breeding my second Plantlers. :p

31aug2002
10-10-15, 03:00 AM
Congrats to everyone who have got Ghostrich already! I'm breeding my second Plantlers. :p

Ditto!!!

Armordillos
Rainguins
Planthers
Plantlers

These are few of the most hateful things.
Which others are going to join this club!!

LonePudding
10-10-15, 03:05 AM
Ditto!!!

Armordillos
Rainguins
Planthers
Plantlers

Me! I'd like to add Conducktors to this list! And Fire Gliders and Thunderhawks!

ogreve
10-10-15, 03:08 AM
Ditto!!!

Armordillos
Rainguins
Planthers
Plantlers

Koala Cadabra - hands down :(
Thunderhawk - close second

31aug2002
10-10-15, 03:33 AM
Hahahahahahaha !!!
I forgot turtisle too...:(

31aug2002
10-10-15, 04:18 AM
Armordillos and rainguins are all I am getting,
Planthers and plantlers plenty I am breeding,
Fire gliders and conducktors bring tears to my eyes
Koala cadabras and thunderhawks keep coming
I don't know why

When a quest comes
And I can breed none,
It makes me sad
Oh TL once in awhile a success want be bad

I'd jump and I'd dance if I get one in first try
I don't ask for much just one of each
Give me frightingale or a ghostrich
Or even a trick o Treent.
oH TL don't be so mean
:p:p:p:p

Hawksmoor
10-10-15, 06:21 AM
Armordillos and rainguins are all I am getting,
Planthers and plantlers plenty I am breeding,
Fire gliders and conducktors bring tears to my eyes
Koala cadabras and thunderhawks keep coming
I don't know why

When a quest comes
And I can breed none,
It makes me sad
Oh TL once in awhile a success want be bad

I'd jump and I'd dance if I get one in first try
I don't ask for much just one of each
Give me frightingale or a ghostrich
Or even a trick o Treent.
oH TL don't be so mean
:p:p:p:p

Lol! I hope your luck changes soon :-)

Hawksmoor
10-10-15, 06:25 AM
I decided to try for the Ghostrich first since it's limited. I envisioned an army of Plantler fails so I was shocked when I saw the 19 hr timer! Straight up single elements worked for me - Rhino and Panda. Good luck to all who are still trying!

skeexix
10-10-15, 06:42 AM
My first attempt was a 4-element, got thunderhawk. Second attempt with Ancient Sloth and Grassquatch was a winner! Now back to breeding Skyger, Spruce Moose, Pea Moths and Planthers, sigh.

31aug2002
10-10-15, 08:10 AM
I decided to try for the Ghostrich first since it's limited. I envisioned an army of Plantler fails so I was shocked when I saw the 19 hr timer! Straight up single elements worked for me - Rhino and Panda. Good luck to all who are still trying!

Congratulations!!!

kuppikahvia
10-10-15, 08:44 AM
Wow so many first and second tries!!! I have yet to try because of the 3rd spruce moose fail still in the den.... :(

31aug2002
10-10-15, 09:16 AM
I am on my 3rd plantler !!!!

Sandybellee
10-10-15, 10:04 AM
I am on my 3rd plantler !!!!

Me too! Our luck must change soon.

SummerNightSky
10-10-15, 10:55 AM
Me too! Our luck must change soon.
Me three! Clearly the Planthers of Fantasy Forest are not keeping the Plantlers population in check >:S

ogreve
10-10-15, 11:00 AM
Hmmmm third try of the QQ and the Rock Rhino was a Plantlers... Time to change the pair of the QQ...

Sandybellee
10-10-15, 12:38 PM
I got it! So happy! :) I got impatient and speeded a little. Also got Grassquatch that I was still missing. Good luck, guys!

Ok! Here goes! From breeding Planthers to Plantlers, lol :D

1) Plantlers
2) Plantlers
3) Plantlers
4) Plantlers
5) Plantlers
6) Grassquatch (new animal!)
7) Plantlers
8) Plantlers
9) Hedghog
10) Plantlers
11) Ghostrich!!! Yay!!!

Ok, so I speed-bred a little but it was worth it because I got the 19 hour timer! :)

31aug2002
10-10-15, 12:50 PM
Congratulations. Am happy for you . Wish I had the gems to do that... Am a little low on them rt now. :(

Sandybellee
10-10-15, 12:56 PM
Congratulations. Am happy for you . Wish I had the gems to do that... Am a little low on them rt now. :(

Thanks! I hope you get it very soon! Now I have to really concentrate on collecting gems for a while again because apparently there's very good sales in S8 games on Black Friday and I'm also low on them now.

Drachenia
10-10-15, 04:54 PM
Ouch Ouch I breeding with Skunk Punk/Obsidian Cyclops get Dreambeat, Peamoth, Bamboon and 14 hours :( :(

sweetdeda
10-10-15, 05:12 PM
Wow posted in another thread that I hoped to breed Ghostrich soon so I could take a break breeding from breeding to hatch some eggs piling up in storage. Went back to my forest speed up what I had on the nest and breeding, put in Plantlers And pandaffiol and wouldn't you know it I got it! Good luck everyone!

Sandybellee
10-11-15, 02:15 AM
Wow posted in another thread that I hoped to breed Ghostrich soon so I could take a break breeding from breeding to hatch some eggs piling up in storage. Went back to my forest speed up what I had on the nest and breeding, put in Plantlers And pandaffiol and wouldn't you know it I got it! Good luck everyone!

Congrats! :)

ogreve
10-11-15, 03:33 AM
Bleh, after 5 tries of the Quartz Quetzalcoatl with straight earth and earth-nature I've first gotten 2 Bamboons and I'm now on my third Plantlers. Other than the ultra rares, the only outcome I need from this combination is the Ghostrich, so the other fails are no fun. I'm at 69 runes now, so when the next Plantlers finishes I can finally expand again. I think at that time I'll switch to 4-element breeding for a few days, using the Quartz Quetzalcoatl and something earth-dark so as to have shots at a good amount of ultra rares and several other animals. Of course I can still get a lot of many times repeated over common fails that way, but at any rate there are far more good outcomes to be had from that combination!

These are the animals I still need from that combination (which can presently yield 22 distinct outcomes); let's see if I can strike a few off that list in the coming few days:
-Punk Skunk
-Frightingale
-Lunar Moth
-Ghostrich
-Gargolem
-Crystal Unicorn
-Emerald Dragon
-Quartz Quetzalcoatl [I have one, but I would love more of 'em]
-Obsidian Cyclops
-Jade Kirin [This is pretty much the animal I'd most like to get, along with the Unicorn]

Also, I wouldn't reject any and all further Trick-or-Treents, but having gotten one already, those are not really needed, of course...

Drachenia
10-11-15, 04:43 AM
Ouch Ouch I breeding with Skunk Punk/Obsidian Cyclops get Dreambeat, Peamoth, Bamboon and 14 hours :( :(

I get Peamoth and 9 hours again :(

31aug2002
10-11-15, 07:56 AM
After reading Sandybellee's post I also got inspired and used a few gems for speed breeding. 1st time I ever did that.
My results were 5 plantlers and 1 bamboon.
After that I gave up as I was running out of gems too.
Have bred 2 plantlers more after that and now I have a 14 hr timer in the den. So
It could either be a grassquatch ( another animal i' m coming to hate ) or a hedgehog ,which would be a good fail even though it's a rare. It would be something new I bred.
The only good outcome of all this was that I got 10 mines which gave me around 18 runes to close the gap for my next expansion!!

Tiamat68
10-11-15, 10:15 AM
I just got a nineteen hour timer breeding Pandaffodil and Skyger. That's nature and dark. I can't find anything that is 19 hours with those two elements. Anybody?????

Hawksmoor
10-11-15, 10:35 AM
I just got a nineteen hour timer breeding Pandaffodil and Skyger. That's nature and dark. I can't find anything that is 19 hours with those two elements. Anybody?????

I'm not sure of any dark/nature with 19 hrs...are you sure it's not 20 hrs? If so it would be the Lunar Moth. Congrats on whatever it is lol.

Sandybellee
10-11-15, 10:39 AM
After reading Sandybellee's post I also got inspired and used a few gems for speed breeding. 1st time I ever did that.
My results were 5 plantlers and 1 bamboon.
After that I gave up as I was running out of gems too.
Have bred 2 plantlers more after that and now I have a 14 hr timer in the den. So
It could either be a grassquatch ( another animal i' m coming to hate ) or a hedgehog ,which would be a good fail even though it's a rare. It would be something new I bred.
The only good outcome of all this was that I got 10 mines which gave me around 18 runes to close the gap for my next expansion!!

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Let's hope you will at least have a Hedgehog. Speeding definitely helps with collecting runes so that's good at least!

ogreve
10-11-15, 11:15 AM
Well I just got the 19 hour timer on my wife's iPhone but I haven't got it so far on my main account. Earlier today I put in my first 4-element shot at it. 14 hours, nothing I need with that timer..,
I'll give it www more 4-element shots and if that doesn't give anything good probably around Tuesday I'll get back to QQ + earth breedings.

Tiamat68
10-11-15, 05:59 PM
I'm not sure of any dark/nature with 19 hrs...are you sure it's not 20 hrs? If so it would be the Lunar Moth. Congrats on whatever it is lol.

Well, apparently I wasn't paying careful attention AT ALL! I was trying for the Ghostrich but messed up and put a Skyger instead of a Rock Rhino with my Pandaffodil. Then I swear I thought the timer said 19 hours. Wrong! It was 17 hours. Should have had my morning coffee before trying my hand at breeding. Guess what I got? A Frightingale. Crazy! Not only the first try, but a mistake try. It's a pretty egg and I'm certainly happy to be getting it anyway :) Have you gotten either one yet?

evys_mom
10-11-15, 07:32 PM
Bleh, after 5 tries of the Quartz Quetzalcoatl with straight earth and earth-nature I've first gotten 2 Bamboons and I'm now on my third Plantlers. Other than the ultra rares, the only outcome I need from this combination is the Ghostrich, so the other fails are no fun. I'm at 69 runes now, so when the next Plantlers finishes I can finally expand again. I think at that time I'll switch to 4-element breeding for a few days, using the Quartz Quetzalcoatl and something earth-dark so as to have shots at a good amount of ultra rares and several other animals. Of course I can still get a lot of many times repeated over common fails that way, but at any rate there are far more good outcomes to be had from that combination!

These are the animals I still need from that combination (which can presently yield 22 distinct outcomes); let's see if I can strike a few off that list in the coming few days:
-Punk Skunk
-Frightingale
-Lunar Moth
-Ghostrich
-Gargolem
-Crystal Unicorn
-Emerald Dragon
-Quartz Quetzalcoatl [I have one, but I would love more of 'em]
-Obsidian Cyclops
-Jade Kirin [This is pretty much the animal I'd most like to get, along with the Unicorn]

Also, I wouldn't reject any and all further Trick-or-Treents, but having gotten one already, those are not really needed, of course...
I had the same thought process... QQ & dark/earth could yield such great outcomes. I need the Ghostrich, Frightingale, Lunar Moth (which I really really want), Obsidan & Jade.

After 2- Planthers & 3 Panthers I got the Frightingale yippee!

On my second account I don't have the QQ, so I used my Crystal with Ancient sloth and got the GHOSTRICH first try. So I switched to Crystal and Dark/Nature...This account has the lunar moth... I am currently on my second Lunar Moth fail. Now why couldn't at least one of those fails been on my first account LOL!!

SummerNightSky
10-11-15, 10:59 PM
I've not had any luck so far breeding a Ghostrich (I spotted a baby one in a neighbor's forest and I love that they made it slightly transparent), but I did get a Bamboon, which I didn't have, and a second Hedgehog, which I'll keep in my forest for as long as I have room for it.

So I'm just missing the Grassquatch of the permanent Earth/Nature animals. I so wish it and Hedgehog had different timers.

kuppikahvia
10-12-15, 12:26 AM
This surely is a strange super rare... I just got the 19hr count on my 4th try! (Werewolf + Sloth)
And with yet another Grassquatch egg on the nest (two supers in a row? :-/ )

Sandybellee
10-12-15, 01:56 AM
I've not had any luck so far breeding a Ghostrich (I spotted a baby one in a neighbor's forest and I love that they made it slightly transparent), but I did get a Bamboon, which I didn't have, and a second Hedgehog, which I'll keep in my forest for as long as I have room for it.

So I'm just missing the Grassquatch of the permanent Earth/Nature animals. I so wish it and Hedgehog had different timers.

Transparent? Yay! Now I'm really looking forward to it hatching! I hope you get a Ghostrich and Grassquatch soon!

Sandybellee
10-12-15, 01:57 AM
This surely is a strange super rare... I just got the 19hr count on my 4th try! (Werewolf + Sloth)
And with yet another Grassquatch egg on the nest (two supers in a row? :-/ )

Congrats! That's great news!

ogreve
10-12-15, 03:16 AM
Congrats! That's great news!

Definitely, congrats!
...and I too just got a Grassquatch on the nest now, but... the subsequent breeding yielded one of those dreaded Plantlers again.... Hopefully the next attempt will yield something new; preferrably the Ghostrich first (or well, REALLY preferred is a gem animal, but I doubt that'll ever happen)...:P

HappyHeartBakery
10-12-15, 04:24 AM
Best guesses on when this limited will disappear?

Still trying, but contemplating putting In Some 4 element attempts

mrhammy48
10-12-15, 06:25 AM
I have zero breeding luck. So frustrating. I ended up buying trick or Treent. I now have back to back 14 hour fails.

Sandybellee
10-12-15, 06:31 AM
Best guesses on when this limited will disappear?

Still trying, but contemplating putting In Some 4 element attempts

It's available for one week. You can see the remaining time in the pop up every day when you first open the game after the S8 day change. It had 4 days and some hours remaining this morning.

HappyHeartBakery
10-12-15, 06:45 AM
It's available for one week. You can see the remaining time in the pop up every day when you first open the game after the S8 day change. It had 4 days and some hours remaining this morning.

Woops - missed that:). Thanks!

SummerNightSky
10-12-15, 09:43 AM
I said I wasn't going to speed breed. I said I was going to be patient and if I got Ghostrich great and if not oh well. I caved :P

So in addition to the 4 Plantlers, 1 Hedgehog, and 1 Bamboon obtained without speeding, I got:
9 Plantlers
2 Bamboon
1 Grassquatch
1 Ghostrich

For a total of 231 hours sped/gems spent (230 for breeding/hatching and 1 for speeding up the construction of an Earth Plateau). At least they were free gems.

Should I be happy? Or mad? Or both? LOL

Sandybellee
10-12-15, 09:49 AM
I said I wasn't going to speed breed. I said I was going to be patient and if I got Ghostrich great and if not oh well. I caved :P

So in addition to the 4 Plantlers, 1 Hedgehog, and 1 Bamboon obtained without speeding, I got:
9 Plantlers
2 Bamboon
1 Grassquatch
1 Ghostrich

For a total of 231 hours sped/gems spent (230 for breeding/hatching and 1 for speeding up the construction of an Earth Plateau). At least they were free gems.

Should I be happy? Or mad? Or both? LOL

Congrats!!! At least you now have this very special, limited, partially transparent birdie! :) And if you had outright bought it, it would have been 500 gems.

SummerNightSky
10-12-15, 10:00 AM
Congrats!!! At least you now have this very special, limited, partially transparent birdie! :) And if you had outright bought it, it would have been 500 gems.
Thanks! That's true :)

Plus:
-Got a Grassquatch (didn't have)
-Kept one of the sped-bred Bamboon for as long as I have room for it (it's cute seeing them in pairs)
-Stocked up on explosives
-Helped collect more acorns for the community goals

Sandybellee
10-12-15, 11:16 AM
When there's something strange in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call? Ghostbuste-- Noooo! :mad: This little cutie pie is very welcome in the neighborhood!

Here's my baby Ghostrich with baby Timbear. As can be seen (or rather not seen, lol) the feet are completely invisible and neck and head are transparent. Very cool design! :cool:

ogreve
10-12-15, 11:31 AM
Thanks! That's true :)

Plus:
-Got a Grassquatch (didn't have)
-Kept one of the sped-bred Bamboon for as long as I have room for it (it's cute seeing them in pairs)
-Stocked up on explosives
-Helped collect more acorns for the community goals

....and perhaps you may now still meet the Barn Owl's requirement or are you still too far off?

I'm actually very tempted to speed too, but I'm sitting on my hands for now...:O

SummerNightSky
10-12-15, 12:40 PM
....and perhaps you may now still meet the Barn Owl's requirement or are you still too far off?

I'm actually very tempted to speed too, but I'm sitting on my hands for now...:O
I'm too far off: even after I collect all the acorns I can during these last 23 hours, I'll be about 200 short. But I'm fine with that: I'm very pleased with how many acorns I was able to collect considering I started this World Event at a very low level (and thus very small coin earnings) and no upgraded farms :)

Well, you could wait until you've used up your "free" attempts and then speed if you really want Ghostrich.

ogreve
10-12-15, 01:05 PM
I'm too far off: even after I collect all the acorns I can during these last 23 hours, I'll be about 200 short. But I'm fine with that: I'm very pleased with how many acorns I was able to collect considering I started this World Event at a very low level (and thus very small coin earnings) and no upgraded farms :)

Well, you could wait until you've used up your "free" attempts and then speed if you really want Ghostrich.

Bummer that you won't be able to get the Barn Owl! Mine finished hatching this morning and is now at level 9. The owl is a really pretty animal: I already love it a lot and it's instantly on of my favourite FFS animals. It will also be my secret weapon against the Snapdragon (and the other spring animals) in tournaments. ;)
Timewise it turned out to be smarter for me to first evolve the Autumn Equifox before sending the Barn Owl back into the flower (as the latter would have ended early in the morning, whereas I can now back to back evolve them both and have them both evolved before tomorrow's update). So, the Owl is visible in the forest for some 9-10 more hours, before it's sent back into the flower.

As for the Ghostrich: I would really like to get it, but it's not an absolute must. The thing is, I'm at this point again where an expansion has just been made and that means that the next expansion is still a long way off, whereas I'd love to speed a bit through that and also hope to get lucky and breed some gem-something animal. Aahhh wishful thinking, I guess. :P
As there's a gem sale now, I'm a bit trigger happy for finding an excuse to go for it. But... the more sensible part of me tells me it's probably better to sit out tomorrow's update. There's a little voice in the back of my head that keeps telling me that now *might* be the time that TL decides to re-release some cool limited animals (do I hear Nightmare and/or Skeletal Dragon?) and/or a Halloween themed habitat (though they may wait with that until it actually (almost) is Halloween). But... again that same more sensible side of me tells me to better hold my horses as a 30-round tournament and possible a Storybook is more likely to be launched tomorrow...

Hmm, food for thought.. I think I'll not jump on the sale at this time and shall just sit it out. I want to do some 2-3 more 4-element tries and then I'll probably be back at gem-nature-earth breedings, to see if I can breed out that Ghostrich.

oo56
10-12-15, 03:47 PM
I plan on raising the Ghostrich to Level 10 (right now a Level 4) just like all my other animals, but I am REALLY LOW on food!:(

calvinxx
10-12-15, 04:01 PM
I plan on raising the Ghostrich to Level 10 (right now a Level 4) just like all my other animals, but I am REALLY LOW on food!:(

I would like to raise mine to epic as he looks so beautiful in epic but it's a shame he takes ultra rare feeding costs :(

Lenkapon
10-12-15, 06:44 PM
I got this after my 4th Plantler!

31aug2002
10-13-15, 02:32 AM
After the speed breeding spree, I did get a 14 hr timer . Was hoping for a hedgehog. And got one yay!!!
Almost sold it thinking it was a grassquatch ,....lol....
Now it's back to plantlers for me
Have bred two after that.
Not speeding any more now !!
Will wait it out and keep trying!!

Doompicnic
10-13-15, 07:31 AM
How much more time do we have to get this? I am so used to closing pop ups when they pop up and I closed it without looking lol

debrasbistro
10-13-15, 06:30 PM
I seem to get different animals on my iPad and iPhone accounts, but that's OK, at least I have them on one LOL. I just got this on my iPhone account with sapybara and grassquatch. Good luck to all! Congrats to those who have bred him/her.

oo56
10-13-15, 07:16 PM
I would like to raise mine to epic as he looks so beautiful in epic but it's a shame he takes ultra rare feeding costs :(

So right! At Level 8, already 1500 Food!:(

orleansparish
10-13-15, 08:32 PM
Woohoo! Got this one after two days of trying. Now I'm back to trying for Tree Witch Girl...got 13 hours again. Double BOO!

debrasbistro
10-14-15, 12:16 AM
How much more time do we have to get this? I am so used to closing pop ups when they pop up and I closed it without looking lol

My time just switched over so I got the pop up. It's 3am est 10/14 and it says 2 days 10 hours. Good luck!

ogreve
10-14-15, 12:50 AM
Hmmm, 6 consecutive 4-element breedings yielded nothing new (despite having bred several rares and 1 super rare). In light of the Sugarglider announcement I expect to be needing some 200 gems for the special habitat. I'm around 290 now, so I shall not be doing much speeding for the Ghostrich.
As I'll have to try and breed out the Ghostrich through normal breeding procedures then, this morning I switched back to pairing the Quartz Quetzalcoatl with earth and/or earth-nature. This morning's result was a 9 hour timer... <sigh> how many Plantlers can we handle?
There's a Hedgehog egg on the nest, so there'll be a 5 hour gap too later today. That gap will be sped away for sure.

Scribbles138
10-14-15, 05:29 AM
I don't usually have much luck when it comes to breeding limited animals. I've had a parade of Plantlers going through my forest...I was a bit excited to see a 14 hour timer yesterday, which would have meant either a Hedgehog (fail) or a Grassquatch, which I don't have (and is part of the "In Touch With Nature" goal that I think I've had since I started this game)...and of course it was a Hedgehog. I'll keep trying until time is up, but sadly, I don't believe I'll be getting this one.

Doompicnic
10-14-15, 06:45 AM
My time just switched over so I got the pop up. It's 3am est 10/14 and it says 2 days 10 hours. Good luck!

Thanks! You too :)

31aug2002
10-14-15, 07:03 AM
My results so far
2 plantlers. Then a spree of speed breeding which yielded
5 more plantlers
1 bamboon
2 more plantlers
1 hedgehog ( new for me) Then did one 4 element breeding with earth and nature in the mix
1 Fallaby ( new for me)
1 more Plantler ... A strange thing happened in the last one . Put in bamboon and rock rhino I the den ... Timer came on but showed no time for about 15 seconds. The gave a glimpse of a double digit and screen went blank. Game crashed ,when reloaded game it showed another 9 hr timer .

infinitelove19
10-14-15, 07:17 AM
Three 14-hr timers in a row. No more grassquatches, I want a Ghostrich!!!

ogreve
10-14-15, 08:17 AM
Same here; try as I might, no 19 hour timer for me... I'd really like to get this animal, but by no means enough that I'll buy it or that I'll do full scale speeding for it. I hope I can breed it, as otherwise it will be a few more days of boring Plantlers fails. There are no other (breedable!) earth-nature animals I need and chances at an ultra rare are very slim of course, so I really hope I can get the Ghostrich and that I haven't been wasting my time to get it....

RowanaFarrin
10-14-15, 09:14 AM
Me too. I keep trying and all I get are plantlers and hedgehogs. I really hope I can get this one, the epic looks so pretty!

31aug2002
10-14-15, 01:02 PM
My Fallaby hatched a few minutes ago.
I sped the remaining 3 hrs on th Plantler in the den and put it in the nest.
Though would take a break from plantlers , so put in gold lion and terrorierto try for golden retriever ... But it wasn't to be
I just exchanged one 9hr timer for another.... A Firefox....AAARRggh!!!

HappyHeartBakery
10-14-15, 09:04 PM
Sadly having no luck breeding this cool guy (along with lots of you).
Here's hoping everyone's luck changes up soon!!

SuzieQ477
10-14-15, 10:40 PM
Just managed to breed this on my 15th try! Persistence pays off. Good luck everyone :)

Drachenia
10-15-15, 01:05 AM
Hi all I breeding with Crystal Unicorn/Hedgehog and Hedgehog/Obsidian Cyclops get Planters without an ending, 2x Hedgehog. I get this beautiful animal not. :D

ogreve
10-15-15, 01:23 AM
This is getting really boring....
I again put in my QQ, freeing it from the battle line-up for the tournament, this time with a level 10 Bamboon and again got the 9 hours Plantlers counter. I like the Ghostrich and I really wished such animals wouldn't be limited. At this time I'd really like to be having 4-element shots at it with dark as 4th element so I can also aim for the nature-dark animals I need (and a Crystal Unicorn of course), but that gives far lower odds at the Ghostrich. With no good earth-nature fails (and with a gem outcome yet to happen in my forest) it's so tedious/boring/frustrating to be getting the same fails over and over again whereas I'd *SO* much rather be breeding for other animals...:(
Well, it's going to be about 1.5 more days of this and then it's bye-bye Ghostrich. It would be nice to get one, or better: a gem hybrid, so as to have had gotten the reward for all the effort...

31aug2002
10-15-15, 07:12 AM
This is getting really boring....
I again put in my QQ, freeing it from the battle line-up for the tournament, this time with a level 10 Bamboon and again got the 9 hours Plantlers counter. I like the Ghostrich and I really wished such animals wouldn't be limited. At this time I'd really like to be having 4-element shots at it with dark as 4th element so I can also aim for the nature-dark animals I need (and a Crystal Unicorn of course), but that gives far lower odds at the Ghostrich. With no good earth-nature fails (and with a gem outcome yet to happen in my forest) it's so tedious/boring/frustrating to be getting the same fails over and over again whereas I'd *SO* much rather be breeding for other animals...:(
Well, it's going to be about 1.5 more days of this and then it's bye-bye Ghostrich. It would be nice to get one, or better: a gem hybrid, so as to have had gotten the reward for all the effort...
I hear you!! Same is happening in my forest too. Plantlers plantlers everywhere!!
After Firefox 2 more plantlers :(:(:(

ogreve
10-15-15, 12:59 PM
As I'm in the last 5 rounds of the tournament now, I decided to keep the QQ reserved for the rounds on which I (may) need it. I did so just in time, as it was a very good choice against the Captain K9 in round 25 and I'm now on round 26, a level 20 Werewolf against which it's also doubly strong.
A Plantlers egg went to the nest (and again only gave me 1 bomb, which is the outcome I most often get with a Plantlers breeding) and this time I finally broke the chain of QQ breedings and put in the Pandaffodil with the Grassquatch: 14 hours timer. In a way "more interesting" than getting yet another Plantlers, but it does mean that I'll have to speed some of it away later or tomorrow morning. Heh, it's actually weird to see the QQ in its habitat. It hasn't been "home" much since I got it. It has since then either been evolving in the flower, or tied up in the den. Let's let it have a good night's sleep and perhaps it'll gain new energy and good breeding outcomes when it emerges again for another chain of breedings...

As for the current breeding: The only good outcome from straight nature-earth is the Ghostrich. Anything else is not a keeper. I don't think I'll manage to get the Ghostrich. I can at best put in 1 or 2 more tries and that's it.

mrhammy48
10-15-15, 03:45 PM
Still nothing. I have had no luck with any of these animals. I paid gems for the gobbler, bought the new Treent on sale. Subzero breeding luck and nothing but coins from the wheel which I don't need as I'm pushing 60 million breeding charm cherries as often as I can. So I decided to bring the barn owl out of storage for something else to look at. I hope I get something new soon...

Scribbles138
10-15-15, 05:04 PM
Just put the panda and rhino back in for what I think is a final shot and surprise, I got nine hours. Very disappointed, but I shouldn't be surprised because I seriously have zero breeding luck lately.

karzaa
10-15-15, 06:18 PM
Finally I got him with ancient sloth and bamboon

HappyHeartBakery
10-15-15, 09:37 PM
I hear you!! Same is happening in my forest too. Plantlers plantlers everywhere!!
After Firefox 2 more plantlers :(:(:(

Ditto;)

HappyHeartBakery
10-16-15, 04:18 AM
Well think that's it for me.
Last attempt is a 14 hr fail:(. And I will not be wasting gems to speed.
So sad. This guy looks pretty cool.

chippychan
10-16-15, 04:29 AM
I was very happy to finally get a 19 hour timer on my main account yesterday with Crystal Unicorn & Ancient Sloth. I had done about 50 gems worth of speeding that morning with no luck and then decided I'd just let this one go. To my surprise I got it on my next attempt later in the day.

I had my last chance this morning on my secondary account and did not get it though.

Congratulations to all the lucky breeders! :)

31aug2002
10-16-15, 05:43 AM
Decision time !!!
Now I am finding this creature really cute. But it being limited it will just disappear after today's update. Try as I may I have not been able to breed it like many. So now I am thinking should I take advantage of the gem sale and pick up some extra gems and buy this ..
OR
Maybe it will surface again in one of the value packs or be breedable again and I should try for it then.
Then there is also the upcoming thanksgiving and Black Friday sale. So I want to have a healthy gem balance just in case something nice pops up.
Arrrgghh why couldn't for once have bred s limited breedable creature...

ogreve
10-16-15, 06:21 AM
Hmm, YMMV but even though I really like the animal, it's "only" a normal earth-nature super rare. I love the way it's transparent, but it's not of the class of animals that I personally consider buying. In a bit over 1 hour's time I'll speed-clear the nest to close the last gap between a Hedgehog and another Plantlers and I shall put in one more attempt and that's it.
It's a bummer to have gotten ALL of the earth-nature outcomes including the super rare Grassquatch except for the Ghostrich of course, but well, so it goes... One more shot and that's it. The good news is that today's update will bring some new stuff to focus on, so the Ghostrich will soon be gotten over with. :)

Doompicnic
10-16-15, 07:15 AM
I wasn't able to get this :( I hope to see it in the spin to win wheel one day.

ttjle5
10-16-15, 07:51 AM
Not that I have had much luck with breeding this is ridiculous. After all my hard work I had to use gems to finish the autumn festival. I couldn't breed trick or treent so I purchased her now the same thing with the ghostrich which I just purchased.
As for the spin a wheel I have received nothing but 1500 in food on both of my accounts. I have to wonder if this is happening because I use gems to purchase items at times. I'm also sure it will be safe to say that I won't be breeding a frightingale either which I would like to have but I don't have the gems for. Ugh!! I have read a lot of people feeling the same way I do right now about the use of gems. We deserve a fair share at breeding new animals also.

ogreve
10-16-15, 08:43 AM
Bye bye Ghostrich, I just got ANOTHER boring Plantlers outcome on my last attempt and I don't want to speed for it....

31aug2002
10-16-15, 09:53 AM
Bye bye Ghostrich, I just got ANOTHER boring Plantlers outcome on my last attempt and I don't want to speed for it....
Me you same same!!!

Scribbles138
10-16-15, 10:42 AM
Me you same same!!!

Count me in on that club. :(

RowanaFarrin
10-16-15, 11:13 AM
Me too, no Ghostrich here. *sigh* Hopefully the update today will be fun and not to hard for everyone to get!

ninasidstorm8
10-16-15, 11:26 AM
Another animal gone that I didn't manage to breed. That makes 4 or 5 straight.

LonePudding
10-16-15, 11:27 AM
Another animal gone that I didn't manage to breed. That makes 4 or 5 straight.

Same :(

rjazz
10-16-15, 04:35 PM
All I got were planters! Blah! Would have liked this one!

debrasbistro
10-16-15, 08:25 PM
And now more of the same.