PDA

View Full Version : Cartographer Dragon 10/09/15

PepperWoo
10-09-15, 10:39 AM
IOS- You will need to be on the original dragon game - version 2.31 to see this dragon and habitat.(KP)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24907&d=1444705798 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24907&d=1444705798)

http://i.imgur.com/nvb1IDv.png

I don't see this one on Android. But why buy a map-producing dragon when you can easily request them from your neighbors everyday? Would have been more useful if it was a high food-producing dragon.

belarica
10-09-15, 10:51 AM
The map part is silly but it looks cool.. I might invest :)

Xyn25
10-09-15, 11:05 AM
Wouldn't buy it just for the maps but it looks awesome to me. No gold though so that's out of the question.

amerirish
10-09-15, 11:10 AM
I don't have this dragon in my market (ios) - I do have the Spell Dragon though :confused:

belarica
10-09-15, 11:12 AM
I don't have this dragon in my market (ios) - I do have the Spell Dragon though :confused:
Try loading with the original game if you're using the Halloween edition, I had to

amerirish
10-09-15, 11:22 AM
Try loading with the original game if you're using the Halloween edition, I had to

Thanks! That worked. Hmmm, don't know if I want to buy it though.

pernmagic
10-09-15, 11:51 AM

Thanks that worked even though I'm not really bothered about it :)

Hawk1
10-09-15, 11:52 AM
I like this dragon but would rather ask neighbors for maps.

amerirish
10-09-15, 11:54 AM
I'm only considering buying it because it's a different type with a different habitat. I'm a sucker for new & different :D

DeeDe99
10-09-15, 11:57 AM
I like this dragon but would rather ask neighbors for maps.

Yes, but at only 20 maps a day, it takes 3 days to get enough maps for an expansion. Often times you need just two or three more......

I'm thinking about it......

belarica
10-09-15, 12:26 PM
I'm only considering buying it because it's a different type with a different habitat. I'm a sucker for new & different :D

Me too :) I want the habitat. I will think about it before buying.

amerirish
10-09-15, 12:34 PM

Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Mystic Map
Habitat: Ancient Atlas
Available at: Level 25
Buying Price: 1,600 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 21 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 Exp

Type: Habitat
Level: 25
Dragon Capacity 2
Map Capacity 5 Mystic Map
Cost: 500,000Coin
Sells for: 75,000Coin
Build Time None
Exp Gained: 10,000Exp

freshfunin2008
10-09-15, 01:45 PM
Could have used this 3 years ago. Don't really need a lot of maps when they won't increase the habitat limit. 20 maps a day gives you over 100 a week.

LunaC757
10-09-15, 01:49 PM
Oh My! What a beautiful dragon *swoon*. Yes, I have a thing for cartography & navigation charts. Thanks Amerirish for the details.

Now, will my island raise from level 14 to level 25 before the intro expiration Teusday...? If not, Cartographer Dragon goes on my "Santa Wish List" ;-).

amerirish
10-09-15, 02:08 PM
Just added all the food amounts to get this dragon to level 10 (that's the max amount of maps you can get from it so no point in raising it to level 15 IMHO) - 200,000 apples total. In case that is useful info for anyone :)

And you are very welcome, LunaC757 :D

Hawk1
10-09-15, 02:24 PM
Yes, but at only 20 maps a day, it takes 3 days to get enough maps for an expansion. Often times you need just two or three more......

I'm thinking about it......

I have 7-8 open spaces for habitats and I have another that will be done tomorrow, I expand every couple of days doesn't matter if I need the space or not. Mining for island parts has made a huge difference though so I could see someone wanting this dragon because of the need for maps. Wish it sold for coins cause I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Clark_Wayne
10-09-15, 03:01 PM
bought it for "i have it" (and i like the habitat :D), not for the maps since neighbors give them to me :D
but don't think i will raise it to lvl 10 if needed such food !

owa411
10-09-15, 06:22 PM
As you may have all noticed, the habitat is for 2 dragons. Which means that there will be (in the future) other map-giving-dragons. So my question is: is the type breedable or not??
Oh btw, he kinda looks cool :)

mbyte68
10-09-15, 06:25 PM
As you may have all noticed, the habitat is for 2 dragons. Which means that there will be (in the future) other map-giving-dragons. So my question is: is the type breedable or not??

and the other question will he be any good if used in the arena :D

owa411
10-09-15, 06:27 PM
and the other question will he be any good if used in the arena :D
Didn't think that far ahead, but i totally agree :D

lady_saphira
10-09-15, 08:37 PM
Love the dragon design. Wish this was available for Android. Not that I really need the maps but just because I like the dragon.

DeeDe99
10-09-15, 10:06 PM
I have 7-8 open spaces for habitats and I have another that will be done tomorrow, I expand every couple of days doesn't matter if I need the space or not. Mining for island parts has made a huge difference though so I could see someone wanting this dragon because of the need for maps. Wish it sold for coins cause I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I still feel I am playing catch-up and ask my neighbours for maps everyday. I feel my island is very squashed, would love to spread it out a bit with paths and decor. I was very pleased to win maps on the last Spin To Win! At the moment I have about two spare spaces, too scared to spread out as I have three dragons still in storage I want to bring out and the mining dragon crafting. I trade duplicates as soon as possible. I traded a Crusader today as don't really think I need three.

Maybe I am breeding too fast?

redstar177
10-09-15, 10:08 PM
Don't know why this isn't available to Android.....AGAIN
That being said, I don't much see the point of a map-giving dragon. For 200 gold I might have bought it simply for the "new and different", but not 400 (and definitely not 1600).

TL, what we need is a food-producing dragon!! Please??? :)

Hawk1
10-09-15, 10:33 PM
I still feel I am playing catch-up and ask my neighbours for maps everyday. I feel my island is very squashed, would love to spread it out a bit with paths and decor. I was very pleased to win maps on the last Spin To Win! At the moment I have about two spare spaces, too scared to spread out as I have three dragons still in storage I want to bring out and the mining dragon crafting. I trade duplicates as soon as possible. I traded a Crusader today as don't really think I need three.

Maybe I am breeding too fast?
Your island is very pretty...I like all of the dragons more than decor but that's just me. I have a bunch of dragons in storage that I'll bring out someday just don't need the color combo that most of them have. you can not breed too fast :)

DeeDe99
10-10-15, 12:06 AM
Your island is very pretty...I like all of the dragons more than decor but that's just me. I have a bunch of dragons in storage that I'll bring out someday just don't need the color combo that most of them have. you can not breed too fast :)

Thank you Hawk. Are you one of my neighbours? I get frustrated not being able to see IDs just island names and I don't keep track - keeping track of my dragons is hard enough! I know quite a few of my neighbours also contribute in here.

I've got a Sorcerer in storage and Bride (she may never come out) and a couple of others than might see the light of day after this current rush of activity.

Still contemplating the Catography dragon. I like the idea of a store of a few spare maps. Plus realised - I can no longer ask neighbours every day as it takes more than 24 hours to expand now. So while expanding is happening, no asking.

pernmagic
10-10-15, 12:46 AM
Thank you Hawk. Are you one of my neighbours? I get frustrated not being able to see IDs just island names and I don't keep track - keeping track of my dragons is hard enough! I know quite a few of my neighbours also contribute in here.

I've got a Sorcerer in storage and Bride (she may never come out) and a couple of others than might see the light of day after this current rush of activity.

Still contemplating the Catography dragon. I like the idea of a store of a few spare maps. Plus realised - I can no longer ask neighbours every day as it takes more than 24 hours to expand now. So while expanding is happening, no asking.

You are nearly at the level to open your other mine for island pieces and that will help a lot with the need for space, maybe rearrange your habitats so same ones are grouped together, it's easier to keep track of the dragons you have and leave any duplicate colour dragons in storage till you know how useful they are for you , I switched mine within the stable to regroup them, also most of my decorations are in storage to leave space for homes, once your other mine is open you can only expand forest or island not both at the same time and once you reach ? L 100 it's 48 hours to expand forest land so that slows it up ......
Also I've started buying 4 dragon mixed colour habitats instead of single colour which seems to help .... If I can remember who lives where of course !
Unfortunately patience becomes more important as you level up but your island looks good, it's trial and error ...... Hope this helps :)

pernmagic
10-10-15, 12:47 AM

You are nearly at the level to open your other mine for island pieces and that will help a lot with the need for space, maybe rearrange your habitats so same ones are grouped together, it's easier to keep track of the dragons you have and leave any duplicate colour dragons in storage till you know how useful they are for you , I switched mine within the stable to regroup them, also most of my decorations are in storage to leave space for homes, once your other mine is open you can only expand forest or island not both at the same time and once you reach ? L 100 it's 48 hours to expand forest land so that slows it up ......
Also I've started buying 4 dragon mixed colour habitats instead of single colour which seems to help .... If I can remember who lives where of course !
Unfortunately patience becomes more important as you level up but your island looks good, it's trial and error ...... Hope this helps :)

pernmagic
10-10-15, 12:47 AM
Sorry about duplicate posting ...... iPad not really awake yet

pernmagic
10-10-15, 02:42 AM
Just looked it up and it says non breedable ...... So decisions decisions ..... It's new it's different so very tempted not for the maps my neighbours do that for me, just like it ......... Having a think but feel it may join us ...... Also trying boosted breed for spell dragon but two poisons so far !! But will keep trying for that .....

hiabarara
10-10-15, 03:23 AM
I would like to have it because it's a completely new type and habitat, but 400 gold is a lot and I don't buy gold, but save it up, so it takes quite some time to get these 400 gold back. But it does look pretty and I would love to get more maps more easily (even if it would only be three maps a day).

I'm wondering if the 3 maps are included in the daily 20 maps or if you can still get 20 maps from your neighbours PLUS three additional maps. Anyone know this?

DeeDe99
10-10-15, 03:26 AM
Good question. I have assumed it would be like the gold producing dragons, you can still get gold from neighbours and as rewards so, maps should be the same. But don't quote me, I'm guessing! :)

lady_saphira
10-10-15, 05:08 AM

Add me... lady_saphira is my id. I will always send maps. You'll get to the point where it'll take 3 days to expand and it's very frustrating. I've added a ton more neighbors just so I can get more maps faster. I used to spend 3-4 days requesting just to barely get enough maps. Now I usually end up with 15-20 extras after only 2 rounds of requesting which makes it easier. Expanding its just slow when you get to higher levels. But pern is right. The mining for expansions helps in between times.

DeeDe99
10-10-15, 05:17 AM
Add me... lady_saphira is my id. I will always send maps. You'll get to the point where it'll take 3 days to expand and it's very frustrating. I've added a ton more neighbors just so I can get more maps faster. I used to spend 3-4 days requesting just to barely get enough maps. Now I usually end up with 15-20 extras after only 2 rounds of requesting which makes it easier. Expanding its just slow when you get to higher levels. But pern is right. The mining for expansions helps in between times.

My neighbours are great, always send maps, but the problem is the limitation of receiving 20 a day. At level 70 something it is taking me days to expand and clear one 4 x 4 section. I need 48 maps now and 230,000 coins. The coins are not a pblem, but the 3 days just to get maps THEN wait 36 hours for the expansion, THEN clear the foliage, some of which, as you well know, 20 + hours. All up it is over 5 days. You can't ask unless you have no current expansion happening, so no pre-prep possible.

pernmagic
10-10-15, 05:28 AM
My neighbours are great, always send maps, but the problem is the limitation of receiving 20 a day. At level 70 something it is taking me days to expand and clear one 4 x 4 section. I need 48 maps now and 230,000 coins. The coins are not a pblem, but the 3 days just to get maps THEN wait 36 hours for the expansion, THEN clear the foliage, some of which, as you well know, 20 + hours. All up it is over 5 days. You can't ask unless you have no current expansion happening, so no pre-prep possible.
You've got the idea... I now need 60 each expansion and it takes forever ..... Just look forward to your other mine opening so you can grow your islands ..... Although there is eventually a limit on those which I struggle with now just 2 more allowed so have to be careful ..... How to cheer up a neighbour :) sorry :(

owa411
10-10-15, 05:45 AM
Just looked it up and it says non breedable ...... So decisions decisions ..... It's new it's different so very tempted not for the maps my neighbours do that for me, just like it ......... Having a think but feel it may join us ...... Also trying boosted breed for spell dragon but two poisons so far !! But will keep trying for that .....

So those dragons will be like the gold-giving dragons. Only by purchase. Thnx for the intel, dear ;)

lady_saphira
10-10-15, 05:46 AM

My line of thought is just that the more neighbors you have, the more maps you get which gives you a head start on next expansion. Instead of taking me 3-4 days, it only takes me 1-2 because I always end up with extras that just sit there until next expansion. I'm also to where it takes 60 maps for just one expansion and it still sucks, lol. And I still have quite a bit of land left to expand because I took a break from playing a while back and have only been back playing since early summer. Lots of catching up to do!

19sparkles96
10-10-15, 01:44 PM

Ditto, lol.

DeeDe99
10-10-15, 02:56 PM
I got it! Couldn't resist and there was a gold sale. Thanks Hawk1, Pernmagic' and lady_shapira for sharing your hints and experiences!

I started yesterday's requesting with zero maps in credit, sent out a request, have 21 showing now so will see what is "outstanding" when the DS day clicks over in my evening today.

Clark_Wayne
10-10-15, 04:52 PM

use arctic isles to request maps when you are expanding in regular isle : i almost always got enough maps to expand just after one finished ;)
each expansion need 60 maps and takes 3 days, you can have 20 each day, so i always manage to expand without stopping :D

pernmagic
10-11-15, 02:33 AM
use arctic isles to request maps when you are expanding in regular isle : i almost always got enough maps to expand just after one finished ;)
each expansion need 60 maps and takes 3 days, you can have 20 each day, so i always manage to expand without stopping :D
Thanks will give it a try .....

belbar22
10-11-15, 02:04 PM

It never occurred to do that. Thanks.

TwiWoods
10-11-15, 04:08 PM
Now that they have this dragon, they may take away the quest for maps like they did for gold recently. It might be a good idea to buy it now while it's on sale.

Mythdefied
10-12-15, 02:06 AM
So, of course, as an Android user I can't get this. Why would they keep releasing things that won't work on every platform?

saghaven
10-12-15, 08:06 AM

This is what I do. I rarely have to wait a long time to get maps because while the main island is expanding I ask for maps through the arctic isles. Once the expansion is finished I have enough to start a new one.

I don't know about this mostly because I don't need it for maps and 400 gold is still a lot. It's half my gold supply right now. But it is a new breed , looks cool and I like the habitat. Plus we don't know if it might be worth something in the arena. Decisions, decisions.

amerirish
10-12-15, 08:09 AM
I am going to buy this one, but have to wait for an empty nest. I think it really sucks that we can't buy a dragon egg & store it. Why do we have to hatch it right away? Given the space issue most players have, it would be much better to have the option to store purchased eggs to hatch when we want to.

Jrod333
10-12-15, 03:50 PM
Ios only again, really? Also please remove the habitat cap and add another 20 mining land slots . Enough with the little samples, this game needs a huge amount of land and habitats so people can spread out and place all the decor they want. Are you not tired of all the unsatisfied customers? Make it fair, make it right and make your loyal customers happy and stop ignoring us. That is all, thanks. Your loyal customer since it all began

scarletdragon18
10-12-15, 08:00 PM
Went ahead and bought it since I have so few neighbors, plus this is a really cool looking dragon! And I still have some gold left over for any Halloween dragons that may go on sale (fingers crossed for that one). I'd post an image of the egg but I'm not sure how to go about it.

DeeDe99
10-12-15, 08:10 PM
Went ahead and bought it since I have so few neighbors, plus this is a really cool looking dragon! And I still have some gold left over for any Halloween dragons that may go on sale (fingers crossed for that one). I'd post an image of the egg but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Here you go.

scarletdragon18
10-12-15, 09:09 PM
Awesome! :)

pernmagic
10-13-15, 01:00 AM
Just bought it after much thought , not because of maps but because it's different and may be useful in arena hope it works , .... Still can't breed the other ones I want ......

pernmagic
10-13-15, 01:58 AM

Thank you for the info ..... It works :)

Bluebell2419
10-13-15, 04:55 AM
DeeDe99, what is the other egg beside the cartography dragon egg?

DeeDe99
10-13-15, 05:12 AM
DeeDe99, what is the other egg beside the cartography dragon egg?

It was Sorcerer, Bluebell.

amerirish
10-13-15, 01:48 PM
Just a heads up; when I went to take my Cartographer off the nest in the Halloween version, it said I needed to buy a habitat (already had it). So I closed out and opened the regular version and was able to place him in his nest. Almost freaked out for a second before I realized what to do :)

pernmagic
10-14-15, 02:21 AM
Just a heads up; when I went to take my Cartographer off the nest in the Halloween version, it said I needed to buy a habitat (already had it). So I closed out and opened the regular version and was able to place him in his nest. Almost freaked out for a second before I realized what to do :)

Yes could not place my hatched egg on the ready nest in the Halloween version so just switched to regular version and it worked .
my map and dragon show on the Halloween version but I cannot access the dragon to feed him so I opened the regular version and I can access the dragon and feed him on that ...... So thanks for your info which shows the way around this

amerirish
10-19-15, 12:10 PM
So I bought the egg & raised it to level 10 which is when you get the maximum number of maps. I don't think I'm getting 5 per day though. It seems like I'm only getting 2-3 per day. Does anyone else notice this? Could a mod please check on this and also let us know how many hours it takes to get to 5 maps? Like how many hours between Map #1, Map #2, etc.

belarica
10-19-15, 12:22 PM
So I bought the egg & raised it to level 10 which is when you get the maximum number of maps. I don't think I'm getting 5 per day though. It seems like I'm only getting 2-3 per day. Does anyone else notice this? Could a mod please check on this and also let us know how many hours it takes to get to 5 maps? Like how many hours between Map #1, Map #2, etc.

I thought it was 3 maps a day at level 10

kooky panda
10-19-15, 01:54 PM
At Level 10 it is 3 maps per day.

bakerystoe
10-20-15, 02:57 AM
I think i shouldn't by it! rather if TL give us more and more land...
Maybe it's not really worth it for me though

dangerb0y
10-23-15, 08:08 AM
Storm8, please consider putting Cartographer dragon back on sale. I was on the Halloween version of Dragon Story where it's not even listed. Thank you.

debhutchinson
10-25-15, 01:26 PM
Storm8, please consider putting Cartographer dragon back on sale. I was on the Halloween version of Dragon Story where it's not even listed. Thank you.

Yes, please bring back the Cartographer dragon sale. I also have been playing on Dragon Story Halloween and this dragon was not advertised or offered for sale in my Market. If possible offer this sale in Dragon Story Halloween.

Regards, Deb
50ShadesRetired Isle
Tons of dragons
Lots of land to develop
Stuck at habitat maximum!!!

Pigpigpiggles3
10-27-15, 10:07 PM

At least you are getting maps I am on Level 7 and have not received one map yet!! Been a week!!! Plus I missed the sale because I was in Halloween mode!

bakerystoe
10-28-15, 03:41 AM
This can only get 3 maps a day! don't have a mistake to the gold producing dragons'z

DeeDe99
10-28-15, 05:02 AM
At least you are getting maps I am on Level 7 and have not received one map yet!! Been a week!!! Plus I missed the sale because I was in Halloween mode!

I still have mine on level 3, too many demands on my temple so he has to wait, but I get a map every day. Are you sure you aren't resetting the timer? Don't touch the habitat for 24 hours and see what happens. You should see 1 map ready to collect after 24 hours.

viridium
10-30-15, 06:11 AM
How to beat this dragon?

Bovo71
11-09-15, 11:06 PM
Hey Team Lava, Please can you put this back on sale. I've been on Halloween Edition and didn't realize this was on sale.
So sad I missed out - I know many of my neighbors are in the same boat. I'd wish I hadn't installed the Halloween edition in hindsight.

Jrod333
11-19-15, 05:13 PM
How about putting it on sale for the first time on Android, since we have it now.