PDA

View Full Version : Too many popups...

Unregistered
02-16-11, 09:59 AM
There are way too many pop up ads in the game over the last 2 or 3 days. It's really putting me (and it seems a lot of others off). The more popups I get the less likely I am to download other games and play them!

Unregistered
02-16-11, 10:36 AM
I totally agree, every minute or so I get a dumb pop up about getting gems by downloading another game

Unregistered
02-19-11, 06:22 PM
Its super annoying.

Unregistered
02-19-11, 06:26 PM
It would be so bad if the old ones would go away. I don't mind the ones about getting free gems to download other games as long as they go away.
I still have the Christmas one popping up every day.

TL needs to add a 'No Thanks' button to these popups that permanently disables that news item.

Unregistered
02-20-11, 12:06 AM
makes me wild NEEDS TO B FIXED

Unregistered
02-20-11, 04:21 PM
I agree. They are a pain.

Unregistered
02-20-11, 09:56 PM
download all the games it shows, get your free gems. then delete them all. problem solved.
no more pop ups

Unregistered
02-21-11, 12:13 AM
This is ridiculous. The game is not playable with the popup ads showing up non-stop. And please people, stop suggesting that we just download the game then uninstall. First of all, that doesn't work on every device. Second, there are those of us that want the popups gone without dealing with the mess of installing and uninstalling a half a dozen times to try every unique combination suggested. Just demand the developers knock off the pushy salesmanship and let the product sell itself. I'm sure I'm not the only one to build a story (bakery in my case) on purchased gems. What a slap in the face to now make it so undesirable to play without jumping through hoops.

TrueFangz
02-25-11, 11:11 PM
Sadly, several of my goond neighbors have left the game due to the annoying popup ads.

YOU CAN MAKE THEM STOP!

When you see a popup advertizing a game, click the popup, download the game, close out of Restaurant Story, open the new app you downloaded, wait a few seconds, close the game, go back into restaurant story, and the ads go away. There are about 8 different ads, so you'll need to do this for all of them.

The good news is that you will gain 6 gems for each game you download, and as an added bonus, you can delete all the games, and you'll still have your gems.

I do agree that this is a crappy way of advertizing. Like I said, I've seen many people *****ing about it, and plain out uninstalling.

Unregistered
02-26-11, 11:23 PM
If you download the games now, even if you delete them, you will lose out on the opportunity to get free gems for downloading the individual games when they are offered. You can only get the gems if you haven't installed the game before.

And when there is an offer for free gems for downloading a game, make sure you go to it, open it and play it for a minute to get the gems. If that doesn't work, restarting your device.