PDA

View Full Version : Volcanic Treasures - Quest for Coins?

joey_li1001
10-09-15, 07:37 AM
Just notice that the Volcanic Treasures is "Quest for Coins", is this meant that we are no longer get Gold from this Quest? Athought it is quite rare, my Fire Dragon can bring Gold to me from this Quest before..

Is it "Quest for Coins" before? I can't remember but I always think it is "Quest for Gold"

edit(KP)- This is an intended change. The quest did go from gold to coins...Sorry guys!

farmday0123
10-09-15, 07:44 AM
I just noticed when i put fire dragon in to wuest it write coins wuest instead gold quest now coins quest only, no more gold given when trying, why TL do that😏

meoconlunar
10-09-15, 07:47 AM
oh my.....24785
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24785&d=1444402053 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24785&d=1444402053)

ndtrance
10-09-15, 08:36 AM
Did this change recently? I try to send out fire often but I admit I just send him and don't pay attention.

kooky panda
10-09-15, 09:14 AM
It does look like this quest has been changed. It is now a quest for coins instead of gold.
Here is the previous picture for this quest.

I will check to make sure this was by design.

edit- This is an intended change.... sorry guys!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/72B6DD38-1AB8-46AF-A32C-6B57FDE222FE-406-0000005D7D6299B7_zps991de426.jpg

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48142-Feature-Overview-Dragon-Quests-iOS&p=569438&viewfull=1#post569438

belarica
10-09-15, 09:52 AM
That really really stinks.

dwb69
10-09-15, 10:17 AM
That really really stinks.
Agreed = It was nice way to get the occasional 10G , and daily I got 1-2 G for doing nothing ..
how else are they going to screw us ???

Xyn25
10-09-15, 10:57 AM
I used to send Fire on this quest all the time but stopped during the dragon tales to send Maple for more food. I was going to start again today, well, not anymore I guess. Seriously not cool. I mean, it wasn't like you got thousands of gold everyday or anything like that.

DeeDe99
10-09-15, 12:08 PM
I rarely ever got Gold on that quest, for me it was a waste of time. The same with sending Island for maps - rarely if ever came back with any. Now they've introduced the Cartographer Dragon. Presumably a more reliable source of maps. Maybe there are new changes coming re gold as well, although I can't think what, given we have gold producing dragons already.

amerirish
10-09-15, 12:13 PM
Aw man, this sucks! I used to do this quest all the time, but when they introduced leveling up to 15 started doing the quest for crops. I had always planned on going back to the gold quest though. So mean! :mad:

ndtrance
10-09-15, 12:53 PM
I'll miss getting gold from this quest. It's really disappointing to see this change.

JMThrive
10-09-15, 01:29 PM
Storm8 = Greed, booooo!

freshfunin2008
10-09-15, 01:47 PM
Again we need gold not coins. TL can be so lame

LunaC757
10-09-15, 02:17 PM
I'm still fulfilling the "Volcano" quest "Delving Deeper". It does say "...gold, coins, and other rare treasures."

o_O I just automatically assumed Fire Dragon would come back with "...gold, coins, and other rare treasures." Meaning it could be anything, everything, and nothing. Assumed there was the possibility of Fire Dragon coming back empty-clawed, too.

Clark_Wayne
10-09-15, 02:57 PM
Aw man, this sucks! I used to do this quest all the time, but when they introduced leveling up to 15 started doing the quest for crops. I had always planned on going back to the gold quest though. So mean! :mad:

yes really mean and greedy. i used to quest golds too, and at the moment quest for food because needed food, but would quest for golds when enough food, but seems it is food only now, no more golds. this s*cks !

D_Raho
10-09-15, 02:58 PM
I have always kept a Fire Dragon named Quest that does nothing but go out on Volcanic Treasures all day long. This is very disappointing, S8.😑

belarica
10-09-15, 03:06 PM
I have always kept a Fire Dragon named Quest that does nothing but go out on Volcanic Treasures all day long. This is very disappointing, S8.��
Yep me too. Guess I'm selling my quester.

taticake
10-09-15, 10:17 PM
Really??? I always get 1 or 2 gold from quest, its was fun when at least once a month I got 10 gold, I set na alarm to quest 3 times a day, some days only coins, but there are days I got 1 or to 2 gold, it was Nice to get a reward, but now no gold reward !!!! :( Thats Really sad, that after more than 3 years of playing This game, you made it more borring since we cant get a Nice reward eventuallly and at the same time its happy news since this will make me spend less time playing This game, and soon I could cure my addiction since I have 4 accounts that I play All day long, so thanks tl to make This game less addict :)

DeeDe99
10-10-15, 12:10 AM
Anyone getting any food from the Dragon Tales quests any more? I think that may have stopped, or just my luck ran out.

lilykhoo
10-10-15, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I'm deeply disappointed. Why the change? Sucks😁 I hope TL could amend the coins to gold at least I still get a chance to get gold. TL pls hear me🙏🏻🙏🏻

sam204
10-10-15, 02:30 AM
Anyone getting any food from the Dragon Tales quests any more? I think that may have stopped, or just my luck ran out.

Even I was wondering same thing - Maple and Harvest dragons bring back only coins now - after Dragon Tale event was over !They seemed to have made changes - NO MORE FOOD ! It would have been better if they had withdrawn both these Quests to avoid such confusion .

meoconlunar
10-10-15, 02:33 AM
I have just got 1000 foods with Hay day quest

DeeDe99
10-10-15, 03:34 AM

I'll try again. Thanks!

D_Raho
10-10-15, 04:25 AM

Your luck, I guess. I'm still getting 1500 food from New World and 1000 food from Hay Day.

Hawk1
10-10-15, 09:40 AM
I hadn't noticed the volcanic quest change, but it explains why I've only gotten coins recently :(

Annica5
10-10-15, 10:34 AM
And once again... A BIG THANK YOU to my smarter, more perceptive, and very helpful fellow players! This game would be impossible without the forum contributors. My poor Fire dragon would have been blamed for weeks before I figured this out myself. Probably would have declared him senile, he is my oldest dragon.

Hawk1
10-10-15, 01:14 PM
Quests from Humble Harvest are gone ...really not happy that volcanic quest is only for coins now.

DeeDe99
10-10-15, 02:59 PM

I got that one more before they vanished!

mbyte68
10-10-15, 09:13 PM
ive been that busy with work jst been sending him out as normal didnt realise and geez this does suck no end , maybe they gonna add a quest for gold pffffffffffft couldnt resist theres :D supprised the two new ones aint gone yet as they quick to remove them as usual after dragon tales , maybe they gonna keep them in not like its doing any harm , but heyyyyyyy this is TL prob expect them gone in nxt update.. im sure i got some gold thoughs when it returned other day though cant remember as the last 3 or 4 times its been coins that i do remember

hon3ycomb
10-10-15, 10:11 PM
Wow. I haven't even noticed. No wonder I wasn't getting any gold for a while.. What do we need coins for anyway? We've plenty..

redstar177
10-10-15, 10:55 PM
This is just wrong. It's not like the quest gave players that much gold that often. I'm so upset that they changed the quest reward- it used to be a nice little surprise if you got something good every now and then, but now it's just another way to screw the players over.

First they upped the food needed for dragons (ie: Winter used to only need 25,000 food to get to level 10, now it needs 37,500), and now they remove our only gold quest? It's just wrong.

mbyte68
10-11-15, 03:44 AM
Wow. I haven't even noticed. No wonder I wasn't getting any gold for a while.. What do we need coins for anyway? We've plenty..

i agree my coins are at like 14million , suppose i should be sending out for gemstones nows instead :/

mbyte68
10-11-15, 03:58 AM
they will be nerfing the amount of maps u can get daily unless you get the new dragon nxt SMH!! :D

Clark_Wayne
10-11-15, 06:01 AM
i have over 722 millions so sending FIRE for coins quest is just non-sense !
well my magic will be busy for a long long time !

Sandybellee
10-11-15, 06:54 AM
This is disappointing! I hadn't even noticed the change. I guess no more Fire dragon quests for me then.

chuckyt888
10-11-15, 08:10 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous. Storm 8/TL, please give us an answer on why this has happened and if there is going to be a quest for gold added back in.

You are doing nothing but making your player base angry with each change you make like this. The gold quest did not give players a large amount of gold. It was helpful but doesn't keep people from buying gold. Now we have to rely on gold from neighbors when we are capped at sending 3 gold per day? Ridiculous.

Eventually players are going to start seeking alternatives. Maybe even putting it into the hands of those who wish to remain anonymous.

TwiWoods
10-11-15, 03:59 PM
How disappointing. If they wanted to take away our opportunity for gold, they should have taken the quest away entirely. Has TL (or Storm8 I guess) fired their customer satisfaction/retention department?!? Or maybe they never had one and that's their main problem. In every game of theirs I play, they seem to alienate their long-term loyal player base. I'm beginning to think it's intentional.

mbyte68
10-11-15, 07:42 PM
How disappointing. If they wanted to take away our opportunity for gold, they should have taken the quest away entirely. Has TL (or Storm8 I guess) fired their customer satisfaction/retention department?!? Or maybe they never had one and that's their main problem. In every game of theirs I play, they seem to alienate their long-term loyal player base. I'm beginning to think it's intentional.

they may as well bring a food producing dragon and a gemstone producing dragon out and demolish the quest outpost TBH, lits like 2 steps forward and 5 back on the random side must say Dragon Mania knows how to do things right :D rewards for level up , daily battles giving food and diamonds (like our gold) lala laaa could go on , oooh yh they jst had there skeleton dragon i managed to get in only 4-5 trys :D still waiting on the 1 for DS to re appear :D

jjblueyes
10-12-15, 12:45 AM
I just accidently posted a new thread complaining about my gold quest being gone. I thought maybe they would be introduing a new one but after finding this I'm just annoyed. The only reason I've kept 2 fire dragons for 3 years was this quest that I've done every day. Sometimes I get zip but sometimes I get a little gold. I spend enough that it should be good with TL that I get a little something every once in a blue moon. This is another glaring example of greed that will lose them loyal players & the dollars they spend.
~Jen

Mythdefied
10-12-15, 02:10 AM
I hadn't noticed. This is really upsetting! I liked getting one or two gold on occasion; it's not like you ever got enough to buy a whole dragon or anything, it was just a nice supplement when you needed an extra one or two. But I suppose we shouldn't be surprised; why would S8 give us anything for free? It's really mean and petty, another way to try to get money out of us. It's little things like this, the digs at the players, that are making me wonder if I shouldn't just give this game up. I've played for years, but they keep taking things from us and never giving back. They're not a good company.

Clark_Wayne
10-12-15, 02:34 AM
i think that they changed the golds quest into coins quest because of the new update : people can get golds by seeing their Tv ads
it is a new way to make moneys using the players : you see their ads, they got money !
this is how ads work (same when you see ads on Tv : Tv channels make money this way)

with golds quest , you got golds but they don't have money ;)
the problem is : when i see their ads , i don't get the golds :mad:
so i stopped seeing their ads !

freesiawoods
10-12-15, 04:09 AM
Very disappointed about this. I am not getting the video gold and anyway the videos from my experience with RS and CS, the system is very unwilling to actually give you gems.

RocioBM
10-12-15, 06:37 AM
BRING THE GOLD QUEST BACK, please!!!

From watching videos I only get 100 apples :(

kooky panda
10-12-15, 07:24 AM
the problem is : when i see their ads , i don't get the golds :mad:
so i stopped seeing their ads !
I think that with the video feature for Dragon story, you do not get gold, you can receive an hour off, breeding, crops, quests.
I will get confirmation on this.

Please keep this thread on topic , there are other threads for discussing the video feature.
Thanks!

jjblueyes
10-12-15, 08:20 AM
I don't even know what you all are talking about. I haven't seen any video ads? I just lost my gold quest and I'm annoyed by it. I have a billion. Yes I said it, a billion coins. I don't need coins. I'm not trying to brag. I just couldn't spent the coins if I tried, and lord knows I've tried. I will go on a spending spree and the best I can do is get it is a hundred and eighty nine million. I can't buy any more habitats, haven't had room to decorate until recently. I'm not sending a dragon out for coins.
I think this is just sad.

Clark_Wayne
10-12-15, 08:51 AM
I think that with the video feature for Dragon story, you do not get gold, you can receive an hour off, breeding, crops, quests.

Please keep this thread on topic , there are other threads for discussing the video feature.
Thanks!

my baby account got golds from the Tv icon but not it doesn't work with my main account, and even the hour off (quest,crops,..) doesn't work with my main account when it works for my baby account.

belarica
10-12-15, 08:54 AM

Thanks!

I've been getting gold for watching the ads.

kooky panda
10-12-15, 01:29 PM
Sorry about that guys, I personally have only gotten the hour credit, but I did find out that the feature may change over time and can offer different benefits that players can receive for watching the videos.

TN_MOM
10-12-15, 02:22 PM
I really hate that we no longer have a quest for gold now. I enjoyed sending my Fire dragon out and getting 1 or 2 pieces of gold every now and then. I was wondering why my Fire dragon was only bringing back coins and I couldn't find the quest for gold any more. This is so not cool!!!

Hawk1
10-14-15, 05:18 PM
my baby account got golds from the Tv icon but not it doesn't work with my main account, and even the hour off (quest,crops,..) doesn't work with my main account when it works for my baby account.

I don't see any ads/videos...grrrrr volcanic quest

HarleyQuinn28
10-16-15, 11:15 PM
I just seriously don't see the point in doing that. I can't even begin to explain how mad this makes me. A lot of us have no shortage in coins and most of the time it rewarded coins anyway! Are you going to take the ability to gift gold away too? Just send out some more coins to everyone? One thing after another. Getting fed up.

bakerystoe
10-16-15, 11:25 PM
This is sucks and so crazy

roguebee
10-17-15, 07:49 AM
This explains my run of bad luck while I was on vacation and out of touch with the forums.

delimiah
10-18-15, 11:09 AM
Yippee coins quest so that we can all be virtual billionaires! *sarcastic tone*

Honestly, TL should then increase our gold gifting to at least 10 neighbors!

irishbaker3
10-18-15, 11:15 AM
Omg I didn't know that was changed to coins... I thought it was funny that I kept getting coins. Please change this back!!!! Also in agree that the gold gifting needs to be increased to 10 neighbors.

Mythdefied
10-19-15, 05:53 PM
It's just so childish and petty. Scrooge-like, really. And I don't think it's unreasonable to gift to 5 neighbors, at a minimum.

ndtrance
10-20-15, 06:52 AM
It's just so childish and petty. Scrooge-like, really. And I don't think it's unreasonable to gift to 5 neighbors, at a minimum.

I wish S8 would at least consider this since we can no longer quest for gold. I have more than three great neighbors who send gold and would love to be able to gift more of them on a regular basis.

amalsaba
10-24-15, 06:26 PM
Yippee coins quest so that we can all be virtual billionaires! *sarcastic tone*

Honestly, TL should then increase our gold gifting to at least 10 neighbors!

Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!!

rheina
11-09-15, 05:13 AM
And TL or someone of the moderators don't even have the courtesy to give us a decent explanation why they decide to make this downchange from gold to coins?
I am not buing any gold whatsoever for a long time, because it is obvious, that whatever TL does, it is not for our pleasure neither satisfaction. It is only for TL benefit and filling their pockets with our money
Not even mentioning all the goldrobbing traps or perhaps the Wheel of Annoying to death, since it is giving me only food (of course) and maps
They lost me as a customer long time ago, I am here just for the ride ;)