PDA

View Full Version : Frightingale: 10-9-2015

kooky panda
10-06-15, 02:39 PM
17 Hours

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24877&d=1444620077 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24877&d=1444620077)

http://40.media.tumblr.com/4de3e530cedbc17131833c2ad1f49c07/tumblr_inline_nvtg4cEPuj1qm7yoc_540.png
The song of this new bird is totally eerie-sistible! Cover your ears as the Frightingale comes howling in Fantasy Forest Story (https://www.facebook.com/fantasyforestapp)!

LonePudding
10-06-15, 02:44 PM
Ohh the colours on this look amazing!! I say, dark x nature.

ninasidstorm8
10-06-15, 02:44 PM
Looks like another Dark/Nature animal. We may be breeding that combination for a while.

ogreve
10-06-15, 02:56 PM
Looks like another Dark/Nature animal. We may be breeding that combination for a while.

Yes! Definitely! I'm really happy with that as it's precisely one of the combinations I was going to be breeding a lot anyway. :)
Wow, am I ever so glad to have bought the Quartz Quetzalcoatl when it was on sale: that's so much more exciting instead of using a straight nature animal! :)

Hawksmoor
10-06-15, 03:25 PM
Oh that's so gorgeous! This one will probably be limited...

calvinxx
10-06-15, 04:25 PM
I really hope they are releasing a new Halloween habitat soon that includes dark and water! I would like the Goblin Gobbler, Nocturtle, and this new beauty to be in a habitat together :)

tuffyjkitten
10-06-15, 05:16 PM
Ooooooooo I want it!! And I would love a Halloween habitat for all these guys.

ThynaSmith
10-07-15, 03:50 PM
Wow, this is one of the coolest animals evah!

debrasbistro
10-07-15, 07:02 PM
Sweet!

Sandybellee
10-08-15, 01:30 AM
Not feeling this one so far - too many jagged edges for my liking. That's what made me hesitant about the Typhoon Tiger - the collar looks like a buzz saw blade instead of water because of the very sharp edges.

ogreve
10-08-15, 01:36 AM
Not feeling this one so far - too many jagged edges for my liking. That's what made me hesitant about the Typhoon Tiger - the collar looks like a buzz saw blade instead of water because of the very sharp edges.

Hahaha, you're totally right: I actually love both animals you mentioned and hadn't particularly noticed that buzz saw similarity on the Typhoon Tiger so I just took a look and you're right: it DOES look like that. :P

I still really like both animals, but I guess I'll never look the same way at the Typhoon Tiger anymore. :P

BTW: the "look" on the Frightingale's face makes me think that perhaps it escaped from one of TL's competitor's games that's one of the biggest successes in apps... You know... A.B. :)

Sandybellee
10-08-15, 03:11 AM
Hahaha, you're totally right: I actually love both animals you mentioned and hadn't particularly noticed that buzz saw similarity on the Typhoon Tiger so I just took a look and you're right: it DOES look like that. :P

I still really like both animals, but I guess I'll never look the same way at the Typhoon Tiger anymore. :P

BTW: the "look" on the Frightingale's face makes me think that perhaps it escaped from one of TL's competitor's games that's one of the biggest successes in apps... You know... A.B. :)

Ha ha! Yes, once you see the blade, it's impossible not to see it again. Sorry! :p ;) Other than the collar, I really like the Typhoon Tiger and will hopefully get a chance to have one one day. I got so badly stuck in the tournament for it that it would have cost me a few ultimates to win and I decided to let it go.

As for the Frightingale, I want to see it in motion to see how those wings actually look. And yes, it certainly seems to be an A.B.

debrasbistro
10-08-15, 07:59 PM
I love this one! Wonder if it will be a tournament animal. The Typhoon Tiger is one of my all-time faves. I actually love the collar on that one LOL. I find that animal to be one of the most artistic designs.

ninasidstorm8
10-09-15, 07:55 AM
I love this one! Wonder if it will be a tournament animal. The Typhoon Tiger is one of my all-time faves. I actually love the collar on that one LOL. I find that animal to be one of the most artistic designs.

I doubt it will be a tournament animal, we are due for a 30 round tournament on Tuesday. There is a chance that we will start a new Storybook adventure with today's update. The second Storybook Adventure started 24 days after the first one and it has been 28 days since the second Storybook Adventure started. We will see in a few hours.

I do hope they add the advertising feature that they have put into a few games that was introduced to DS recently. To save an hour of time in the Breeding Den, Nest or Evolution Flower, you press a button and watch a 20 second ad (mostly for other games with a limit of 4 or so per day). I expect it to come soon and today would be good for me since I have some breeding gaps, I would like to eliminate.

ThynaSmith
10-09-15, 09:01 AM
Ninasidstorm8, I saw that add feature in Restaurant Story 2: Halloween! It would be so nice if we he it here, too!

And I hope this bird isn't as hard to get as the Wondercat, if it's part of a Storybook... I didn't like that one, but this is so cool, I don't want to miss it.

ogreve
10-09-15, 11:35 AM
Ok it has just been released; nature-dark as expected and fortunately it's not limited.
There's another animal that IS limited though, the Ghostrich. That one is earth-nature. I've got a breeding coming up in 3 minutes. I think I'll try for the Ghostrich first using the QQ.
This would be good for 4-element attempts too...

31aug2002
10-09-15, 11:38 AM
Any ideas on breeding time of the frightening gale and ghostrich?

Sandybellee
10-09-15, 11:39 AM
Ok it has just been released; nature-dark as expected and fortunately it's not limited.
There's another animal that IS limited though, the Gostrich. That one is earth-nature. I've got a breeding coming up in 3 minutes. I think I'll try for the Godtrich first using the QQ.

I will be trying for the Ghostrich too. Too bad to have to abandon dark-nature breedings for now, but there are plenty of good fails for nature-earth for me still. Too funny, btw that now there's a value pack for Typhoon Tiger just when we were talking about it! :)

epinederose
First try =twilight troll and pegasus : plantler i guess 10 hours breed....

chippychan

Agreed. My secondary account still doesn't have a Unicorn so I think I'm going to go the 4-element route with these ones and see what happens. :)

Good luck everyone!

ogreve
10-09-15, 11:42 AM
I will be trying for the Ghostrich too. Too bad to have to abandon dark-nature breedings for now, but there are plenty of good fails for nature-earth for me still. Too funny, btw that now there's a value pack for Typhoon Tiger just when we were talking about it! :)

Hehehe I was about to write that for you :)
Fortunately I already have my Typhoon Tiger but here's your chance to get Mr. buzz saw :)
For my first breeding I chose to aim for the Ghostrich first with the QQ + Rock Rhino: 10 hours. Possibly a Bamboon.... I hope we soon know what the timers are for the new animals...

MAPPIE22
10-09-15, 11:45 AM
Any ideas on breeding time of the frightening gale and ghostrich?

Ghostrich is 19 hr hatching time. I have one in my nest but can't upload a pic of egg sorry.

cardinalpsy
10-09-15, 11:48 AM
Well, this is a surprise for me. Thought I'd have to go through many fails before successfully breeding one considering the elements involved. Got this one on second attempt with skyger and quartz Quetzalcoatl. Breeding time 17 hrs. :)Now on to try for the Ghostrich. Good luck everyone!

cardinalpsy
10-09-15, 11:54 AM
Oh my word! I also just got a second Trick-or- Treent right after getting the frightingale. Talk about luck.

ninasidstorm8
10-09-15, 11:55 AM
Well, this is a surprise for me. Thought I'd have to go through many fails before successfully breeding one considering the elements involved. Got this one on second attempt with skyger and quartz Quetzalcoatl. Breeding time 17 hrs. :)Now on to try for the Ghostrich. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations.

sweetdeda
10-09-15, 05:56 PM
Got it with Aurora Pegasus and Panda. Now back to try for ghostrich and I don't want to give up trick or Treent. Good luck everyone.

LonePudding
10-10-15, 02:49 AM

I noticed it refers to the new animal as "Frightingale" and "Frightengale".

CD0815
10-10-15, 08:46 AM
I tried to breed this animal with Chrystal Unicorn and Polar Pegasus and got a 45 hour "fail". Can't wait to see what it is. :D

SummerNightSky
10-10-15, 11:12 AM

I noticed it refers to the new animal as "Frightingale" and "Frightengale".
I think Frightengale is a typo, since the spelling for the bird it's based on is nightingale. I also like the "nothings" typo.

Silverrain1
10-10-15, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting and I was just wondering if the frigatengale is the only 17 hours dark nature combo? I bred a 17 hour on my second attempt then put an other dark nature in to try for a few I don't have and I got an other 17 hour timer!

Sandybellee
10-10-15, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting and I was just wondering if the frigatengale is the only 17 hours dark nature combo? I bred a 17 hour on my second attempt then put an other dark nature in to try for a few I don't have and I got an other 17 hour timer!

Hi! The Punk Skunk is also 17 hours. :)

Silverrain1
10-10-15, 12:52 PM

Aw no 😞 I have 2 of them already. Will need to wait and see what happens! I think I'm in luck with the first one though cause it looks like it's wing on the egg. I was worried that it was going to be an aurora Pegasus when I saw the wings lol, I have 2 of them as well!

ninasidstorm8
10-10-15, 01:11 PM

I believe that Punk Skunk has an 18 hour breed time.

Sandybellee
10-10-15, 01:20 PM
I believe that Punk Skunk has an 18 hour breed time.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the correction! Then the info is incorrect in post 2 of the updated breeding list thread.

mrhammy48
10-10-15, 07:04 PM
Oh, ok. Thanks for the correction! Then the info is incorrect in post 2 of the updated breeding list thread.

Yep, 18 hrs is punk skunk. Just bred one.

pinkflower7777
10-10-15, 08:49 PM
I was lucky to get this on my first try yesterday. Still trying for an Aurora Pegasus and Lunar Moth, maybe some day. Good Luck everyone, off to try for Ghostrich. So far only Plantlers.

Silverrain1
10-11-15, 03:14 AM
both 17 hour timers were frightingales! So happy, now I need to think of a really good name! Any suggestions?

sweetypies97
10-11-15, 04:59 AM
both 17 hour timers were frightingales! So happy, now I need to think of a really good name! Any suggestions?

Florence!

Silverrain1
10-11-15, 05:15 AM
Florence!

Oh wow! I love it! Never even thought of that.

idrispad
10-11-15, 08:20 AM
So, Frightingale is definitely the only 17 hour dark/nature breed time...? #hopeful

DeeDeeBird70
10-11-15, 01:00 PM
Just got a bit of a scare. sped up the last 3 hours of my Frightingale egg to clear my den for another try at the new Treent and the baby would not place.
Egg disappeared and where picture would be was just a loading circle. Had to do a force quit to see my baby and it's now in the flower.
Good luck to those still trying. Unicorn and Aurora Pegasus was the combo I used.

Buttercup0001
10-11-15, 08:20 PM
I bred the Frightingale while trying for the Trick-or-Treent. When I saw the 17hr timer I thought it might have been a Punk Skunk. Fantastic surprise. I used Unicorn and Planther.

calvinxx
10-12-15, 10:34 AM
I got an Emerald Dragon fail now :( This is only a rare why is he so hard to get!

oo56
10-12-15, 03:50 PM
Just great, Planthers have been raining on me for a while now, until yesterday when I got another Punk Skunk, but tried once more today and got another Planther!:( *sigh!* There are 4 different animals I can breed from the Nature/Dark category that I don't have yet: Aurora Pegasus, Lunar Moth, Trick-or-Treent, & Frightingale! Why can't I get one of these creatures?

debrasbistro
10-12-15, 06:21 PM
Just bred this one on my iPhone account with Planther and Pandaffodil. Congrats and good luck to all.

55lee55
10-13-15, 03:55 AM
Just bred mine on my iPhone too, using Unicorn and Planther. Think I will like this one.

YasminIssa
10-15-15, 02:31 AM
I can't believe a got lucky once in this game. I bred a (Punk Skunk 18hrs) which i don't have and a (Frightingale 17hrs) both in a raw.
Combination for Frightingale was Spruce Moose X Twilight Troll.
Good luck everyone still trying.

debrasbistro
10-16-15, 06:44 AM
I raised this one to epic and she's gorgeous. Probably one of my all-time favorites along with Aurora Pegasus, but I do love that color scheme. Now, if only I could breed one on my main account as well.

sweetypies97
10-16-15, 01:50 PM
I bred the Frightingale while trying for the Trick-or-Treent. When I saw the 17hr timer I thought it might have been a Punk Skunk. Fantastic surprise. I used Unicorn and Planther.

Exactly the same for me!

ogreve
10-19-15, 12:54 PM
Well, well, well....
This morning after moving the Sugarskull Glider egg to the nest I decided to put my "free breeding time" to good use by doing a 4-element QQ based breeding with nature-dark. I chose the Pluma as a breeding mate and got a 17 hour timer. I was really prepared for that to be my so manyth Koala Cadabra, but instead it was....

Wow, wow, double wow!
I wonder how long my lucky streak is going to continue but the past 3-4 days have been fabulous for me!
The game is SO much more fun when you get lucky like this!
It also came at a time that it was well needed: I was completely numb from all of the fails when trying for the Ghostrich but all of the stuff since has given me a lot of new energy.
I think this is a goooood time for me to put in some more 4-element shots too. I just put in the same formula again but this time I got a 10 hour timer, which should be a Planther.
Already I'm curious what results I'll get from tomorrow's breeding(s). I may do something very weird and have breeding shots with the Sugarskull Glider and something with two other elements.
My SG is currently evolving so when the Frightingale finishes hatching I can directly use the SG for a breeding. Before that time the expansion I'm doing and the construction of the Skull habitat should also be complete so I can directly create a nice new spot in the forest!
For the Frightingale a spot awaits in either the Big Dark Cove I built last week, or better, along with Ember in the Lava Lagoon to see what it looks like along with the Epic Aurora Pegasus. That's really a prime spot that in due time may go to one, and only one other animal (that I can think of now) though, and that's the Nightmare... If ever we get a good shot at it again....
TL: hint, hint, Black Friday is coming up and many players would LOVE a good Nightmare sale! It would be even better if it becomes breedable for a few days again then. That should certainly result in gem spending!

momto10kids
04-21-20, 07:05 AM
Just bred this today, used Emerald Dragon and Skyger. I'm happy about it because it's very pretty and I didn't have it yet.