PDA

View Full Version : random question?!?

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 09:17 AM
first off-- I would like to apologize beforehand because I know this has been a topic of discussion in the past, but I've been unsuccessful at finding an answer in other threads.

yesterday I finally decided to update both BS & RS (I know what you're thinking, you still haven't updated!?! but honestly I was scared after reading about all the issues that came along with the update back around june/july) almost immediately after updating I opened RS to see the difference & saw the free gems icon in the corner, I clicked it & watched a few short videos about other games & ended up with 10 gems! (which is pretty awesome in my opinion, only wish this feature was available to every player equally because that's only fair)

next I opened my bakery under the same storm ID, no free gems icon there so I logged onto my other bakery under a different storm ID (obviously) where there again was the free gems icon & I got 10 gems on that account as well.

today so far I got another 10 gems on my one bakery (same as yesterday) now I'm waiting to see if the offer pops up on my other bakery before clicking the icon on my restaurant because I'd rather have the gems on my bakery considering I got some on my restaurant under the same storm ID yesterday.

my question is-- if you have a bakery as well as a restaurant under the same storm ID, will you only be able to watch the videos to get the free gems on one?

I just assumed yesterday after hopping right on the chance to get free gems on my restaurant that I'd most likely not be getting that offer on my bakery under the same storm ID since that kinda makes sense-- 10 free gems a day per storm ID, right?

kooky panda
10-03-15, 09:33 AM
This new feature goes out randomly . You may receive in one, all or none of your games.
Hopefully if you currently do not have this feature, you will receive it later on.

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 09:44 AM
This new feature goes out randomly . You may receive in one, all or none of your games.
Hopefully if you currently do not have this feature, you will receive it later on.

thank you kooky for your answer! :o

so I should go ahead & take advantage of the offer on my restaurant? since the icon is there & is not on my bakery, although they are under the same storm ID, just trying to make sure I understand correctly.

I would still like to hear from other players about this new feature & how it's working for them, especially if they have a bakery & restaurant under the same storm ID.

thanks again!

Rynetory2
10-03-15, 09:52 AM

so I should go ahead & take advantage of the offer on my restaurant? since the icon is there & is not on my bakery, although they are under the same storm ID, just trying to make sure I understand correctly.

I would still like to hear from other players about this new feature & how it's working for them, especially if they have a bakery & restaurant under the same storm ID.

thanks again!

Take advantage of this free gem feature while it lasts.

aiyoosha
10-03-15, 09:57 AM

thanks again!

yes i get on bs and rs tho i dont get 10 i wish i did lolz u lucky thing u

LalaSmooth
10-03-15, 10:06 AM
Gimme those 10 gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 10:15 AM
Take advantage of this free gem feature while it lasts.

I'm definitely going to, especially since it's only day 2 for me having this feature & who knows how long the generosity will last.

LalaSmooth
10-03-15, 10:16 AM
I borrowed my friends iPhone for a while to see these gems and boy I got 2 free gems and a goal to install RS2 halloween, and dragon story Halloween. If I install these and got the 12 gems and refreshed my game on my android device - would they still appear or be taken off?

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 10:18 AM
yes i get on bs and rs tho i dont get 10 i wish i did lolz u lucky thing u

you get it on both BS & RS under the same storm ID?

I guess I am lucky huh!?! I'm thankful for these free gems, some players have been getting this feature for months now, I can only imagine how many gems they've racked up! :rolleyes:

aiyoosha
10-03-15, 10:20 AM
I borrowed my friends iPhone for a while to see these gems and boy I got 2 free gems and a goal to install RS2 halloween, and dragon story Halloween. If I install these and got the 12 gems and refreshed my game on my android device - would they still appear or be taken off?
theylll stay on dont worry XD

you get it on both BS & RS under the same storm ID?

I guess I am lucky huh!?! I'm thankful for these free gems, some players have been getting this feature for months now, I can only imagine how many gems they've racked up! :rolleyes:

yes on same ID

and yes u r the luckliest ever! i only get 3 each which is better then nothing thats for sure haha im racking up quiet a few myself as im mastering recipes as well!!!! i cant wait for BF

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 10:23 AM

I recently got both of those pop ups to install those two games as well, although I'm on iOS & don't have the answer there, I would imagine the gems would remain when you go back to your android just because a lot of people go between devices.

I think it's more about the content & items like the gem dispenser that would disappear, but I could be wrong.

aiyoosha
10-03-15, 10:27 AM
I recently got both of those pop ups to install those two games as well, although I'm on iOS & don't have the answer there, I would imagine the gems would remain when you go back to your android just because a lot of people go between devices.

I think it's more about the content & items like the gem dispenser that would disappear, but I could be wrong.

yeh only gem dispenser that disappears

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 10:31 AM
yes on same ID

and yes u r the luckliest ever! i only get 3 each which is better then nothing thats for sure haha im racking up quiet a few myself as im mastering recipes as well!!!! i cant wait for BF

well that answers my question then, thank you! :o

I wasn't expecting to get the same amount of gems today since I got so lucky yesterday, but when they came, I wasn't disappointed that's for sure!

really hoping they put a lot of halloween stuff up for grabs this month, but the way I try to hoard gems, I'll still have a little left for BF which I'm also very excited for!

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 10:50 AM
update--

I went ahead & took advantage of the free gems (same amount as yesterday) on my restaurant, but I'm still waiting to see if/when the feature will show up on my bakery, especially since it hasn't popped up on there in the 2 days since I've updated.

it's just a curiosity thing for me at this point. :cool:

LalaSmooth
10-03-15, 10:59 AM
I installed RS2 Halloween and received the 2 gems but I'm holding off the dragon story one as we might get that on Friday but after refreshing my game on my android device the gems have been added so I have 43 woohoo

LalaSmooth
10-03-15, 11:00 AM
Meaning I have 8 free gems!! Shame they couldn't add this free gem video thing to us android users but oh well

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 11:01 AM
I installed RS2 Halloween and received the 2 gems but I'm holding off the dragon story one as we might get that on Friday but after refreshing my game on my android device the gems have been added so I have 43 woohoo

gotta get those gems one way or another!

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 11:02 AM
Meaning I have 8 free gems!! Shame they couldn't add this free gem video thing to us android users but oh well

if only you could borrow an iphone more often!

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 11:04 AM

I definitely think that it should be a level playing field for all players across the board, but that's just my unpopular opinion. :rolleyes:

aiyoosha
10-03-15, 11:09 AM
gotta get those gems on way or another!

gotta love those delicious free gems! *drools*

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 11:16 AM
you know, I'm probably just in a decent mood today, but this feature almost (almost being the keyword here) justifies the whole gem goal fiasco around the same time, for iOS users anyways.

if I would've updated sooner & had this feature available at that time, maybe I would've actually finished the gem goal.

okay, now I'm just upset with myself. :(

LalaSmooth
10-03-15, 11:16 AM
But I wanted 10 and they gave me 2 :( I thought they would remove my gems considering I play on my galaxy s5 but I guess they let me have them . Just need to save up for BF and hoping to get a gem sale

strictly_STRANGE
10-03-15, 11:19 AM
But I wanted 10 and they gave me 2 :( I thought they would remove my gems considering I play on my galaxy s5 but I guess they let me have them . Just need to save up for BF and hoping to get a gem sale

how many gems do android players get after installing a new game?

only 2?!?! :confused:

aiyoosha
10-03-15, 11:27 AM

lol only the lucky few get 10+ i wish i was one of them :(

LalaSmooth
10-03-15, 01:19 PM
Noooo this was the free video thing that gave me 2 and it was 6 gems to install RS2 halloween.
Android users get 6 gems for installing new games
how many gems do android players get after installing a new game?

only 2?!?! :confused:

QTHoneywell
10-03-15, 02:49 PM
Android gets 6 gems to install new versions. If you have never played the game at all, then you will get 3 to reach certain levels.

Sometimes there will be a version download for the week that you have already done. You get nothing and have to wait another week.

Kindle doesn't get any gem offers and only some IOS users get them. Plus 70 gems per week (10 a day) is far more than 6 a week or in some cases 0.

I hope they can find a way to make it more even across all of the platforms.

twospoons
10-03-15, 02:51 PM
I hate random offers. Players deserve equal opportunities. I don't blame anyone lucky enough to get the offers for taking S8 up on them, but really wish some players weren't getting 10 gems a day where others get absolutely nothing.

filochick1982
10-03-15, 03:18 PM
I hate random offers. Players deserve equal opportunities. I don't blame anyone lucky enough to get the offers for taking S8 up on them, but really wish some players weren't getting 10 gems a day where others get absolutely nothing.

The first time I saw this free gems offer for watching videos on my one and only Bakery account, I also got 10 gems in one hit. Then it told me that free gems would be available again after 1 day. However, the next day it was reduced to just 2 gems. And it stayed at 2 gems per day until recently when they increased it to 3. I think the 10 gems was a once- off offer to entice people to take advantage of the offer.

LalaSmooth
10-03-15, 03:57 PM
The moment I just figured this was the thread on Bakery Story and not Restaurant Story LOL! Yeah the goal was on my restaurant game but yeah I have like 70 gems in my bakery and 43 in my restaurant.
I totally forgot this was in the Bakery thread. *facepalm

Rynetory2
10-03-15, 07:01 PM
I never had 10 gems. I get 3 gems from the videos but they fail to load very often. Some days I can't get these gems when the videos refuse to load.

Bakerling
10-04-15, 05:23 AM
I don't have any free gems video to watch. How I wish I can get it.

aiyoosha
10-04-15, 02:45 PM
I never had 10 gems. I get 3 gems from the videos but they fail to load very often. Some days I can't get these gems when the videos refuse to load.

when that happens i force close the app and go back on, after this then i can watch and get my gems.

Rynetory2
10-04-15, 06:57 PM
when that happens i force close the app and go back on, after this then i can watch and get my gems.

Thanks. Some days are just so bad that it wouldn't load no matter what. I can live with it.

Bakerling
10-05-15, 12:03 PM
lol only the lucky few get 10+ i wish i was one of them :(

Wow 10 gems in a day. This is much better than having a gem dispenser. Gem dispenser the most can get 2 gems in a day.

ChefDona
10-05-15, 01:09 PM
I signed in on my iphone last night and got 10 gems each for RS and BS by watching 10 videos. It said come back in 24 hrs for more videos. Wish I had known about this earlier...makes up for losing my 89 gems in BS!

aiyoosha
10-05-15, 01:42 PM
I signed in on my iphone last night and got 10 gems each for RS and BS by watching 10 videos. It said come back in 24 hrs for more videos. Wish I had known about this earlier...makes up for losing my 89 gems in BS!

wow omg! youll have like 70 gems in one week! ur so lucky! and just imagine when ur mastering food thats like 2 gems there my god! youll be rolling in gems by the time BF!

ChefDona
10-05-15, 11:06 PM
I just got my 10 gems again tonight...I am truly blessed:-)

Bakerling
10-06-15, 09:48 AM
I just got my 10 gems again tonight...I am truly blessed:-)

Wow. I am so envy. I don't have any free gems lol.