PDA

View Full Version : Castle: Poll & Suggestions thread

SpiritWind00
10-02-15, 02:45 AM
Suggestion Thread

Time for a new thread given it's been 3 months since the last one. I read through all the posts again and I'm going to use the couple of posts from dipwid (reproduced below). There was lots of positive feedback on these ideas, so here we go! :) Thanks you dipwid!

New theme suggestion-travel the glimmer gate to the eastern lands. (an Asian inspired theme). New decorations to include paper lanterns, craft scrolls to put in your library made from rice paper of course, build a pagoda (drops coins,bowls of noodles, sushi, rice) plant a cherry tree, plant a rice crop, buy a new animal "a dragon dance costume", buy new walls paper divider sections. Craft new weapons to fight the animals such as sai, katana sword, new themed banners, new dragon-the eastern gold dragon, dragon plaque decoration. I have more ideas as well.

Second set of ideas-
Barbarian invasion. Various barbarians pop up in the kingdom you must fight. (Storm8 can modify glimmer golems if they am don't want to code a new monster). Adventure to the bandit kingdoms. Find the recipie for war paint to disguise your knights. Red dye and blue dye. Craft stout axes for your knights then-Send them off to the feral lands to see what the barbarians want. Barbarian queen Red wants the lock of her sisters hair that is missing. Craft lock of hair (use horse hair, gold nugget-dust,glimmer dust, sap, cut with magic shears). Give to barbarian queen Red. Craft agreement treaty. Queen red comes for a visit. Give hearty feast and mercury feast. She wants a new tunic and outfit. Craft with wool, furs, boar pelts. Craft boar tusk necklace as gift. Craft sentry horn. She shows how to make a new building-a longship with a dragon like prow and shields along side. The building has a trade like feed the baron and drops certain barbarian and food items like fish, wool, dye, iron, swords, sentry horns(they use them to drink out of). Queen Red walks around your kingdom. She looks like a Viking with red hair, and wears a little red and blue war paint on her face. She wears a horned helmet like in the bandit adventure pic, and a boar tusk necklace.

Link to July 2015 poll (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82860-Castle-Poll-amp-Suggestions)
Link to April 2015 poll (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80429-Castle-Poll-amp-Suggestions-April-2015)
Link to February 2015 poll (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78350-Castle-Suggestion-Thread)
Link to December 2014 poll (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76818-Castle-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread)

moizad
10-02-15, 03:22 AM
Dragon dropping gold items is a definitive YES !!!!!!!! :D

SpuriousNotion
10-02-15, 03:28 AM
As someone who always felt the glimmergate should have had more use, I am definitely in favor of it allowing travel to new lands, especially if it allows establishing a new area to build a colony of some kind. Of the two suggestions, travel to the eastern lands sounds more appealing than a barbarian invasion. My reason for this is barbarians would be humans or at least sentient creatures, and CS has always used beasts as a way to separate the game from thoughts of real violence to keep it acceptable for even children to play. This probably is a reason why trolls are no longer a race we fight after a point in the quests because it was all a "misunderstanding". I'm not saying I don't like it, but this would probably be the reason why the idea would not happen as described.

SpuriousNotion
10-02-15, 05:03 AM
Giving more thought to the idea of travel through the glimmergate, it makes sense that perhaps the world the glimmer trolls come from is hostile for long term survival. There should be a quest before even going through to recalibrate the gate to access somewhere else. It doesn't have to be a place with any particular cultural influence, though.
All this being said, as establishing a second world to expand into would be a huge update, I will repeat everyone's desire for main storyline quests to advance some. I barely remember a brief episode involving the Baron, Thurston, and a mysterious locket. That seemed rather important for background story and some loyal and long-term players like myself have probably even forgotten!

SpuriousNotion
10-03-15, 09:24 PM
I would like to repeat suggestions that will inevitably repeat themselves again. Some I have suggested before and have noticed others mentioned. And I am quite sure I will miss some and others will leap at the chance to fill in the blanks!
Bridges, either stone or wood, that connect seamlessly to roads.
Streams, which can connect seamlessly to any other water such as moats, ponds, lumber mills since how else do their wheels turn? They would also work well with the bridges.
Have certain items that specifically work with the roads so that the road graphic is visible. This would mean gates! I don't use gates because the road should continue through them. Other things, like carriages, would make sense.
I think it would be fun if the carriages could be attached to the horses we now have and move along the streets! Probably a coding challenge, but it's eye candy!
Yes, please, fix the inventory system so all the tabs serve a purpose.
I am sure the ocean is some kind of boundary for the kingdom but I would like to once again suggest some expansion to it. Buildings such as a wharf and fisherman's shack to provide fish. Perhaps an island with a mermaid on it, or potential to acquire pearls. I like shiny things!
The idea of a wharf also comes with the idea of some kind of exchange system with other players. Community bonds would be stronger if we could send items in inventory to specific players. I know I would like to help certain people in need versus throwing it into some kind of auction house for gold I don't need.
Merchant stalls. They could just be decorative, taking a small space but a simple decoration to enhance the feeling of a town.

ladyperidot
10-05-15, 09:54 AM
"
I would like to repeat suggestions that will inevitably repeat themselves again. Some I have suggested before and have noticed others mentioned. And I am quite sure I will miss some and others will leap at the chance to fill in the blanks!
Bridges, either stone or wood, that connect seamlessly to roads.
Streams, which can connect seamlessly to any other water such as moats, ponds, lumber mills since how else do their wheels turn? They would also work well with the bridges.
Have certain items that specifically work with the roads so that the road graphic is visible. This would mean gates! I don't use gates because the road should continue through them. Other things, like carriages, would make sense.
I think it would be fun if the carriages could be attached to the horses we now have and move along the streets! Probably a coding challenge, but it's eye candy!
Yes, please, fix the inventory system so all the tabs serve a purpose.
I am sure the ocean is some kind of boundary for the kingdom but I would like to once again suggest some expansion to it. Buildings such as a wharf and fisherman's shack to provide fish. Perhaps an island with a mermaid on it, or potential to acquire pearls. I like shiny things!
The idea of a wharf also comes with the idea of some kind of exchange system with other players. Community bonds would be stronger if we could send items in inventory to specific players. I know I would like to help certain people in need versus throwing it into some kind of auction house for gold I don't need.
Merchant stalls. They could just be decorative, taking a small space but a simple decoration to enhance the feeling of a town.

All great ideas, I like the Ieper of expanding to the ocean and having ships. My qeendom needs a port!

danzplace
10-05-15, 12:53 PM
Port please:)

SpuriousNotion
10-05-15, 08:15 PM
More ideas that have been mentioned before or maybe not. :)
More animated graphics for certain things. All fountains should have moving water, and all decorations involving fire should flicker. These things sit in my storage because they do not look pretty as static decorations.
A rare decoration, the pumpkin hutch, should drop pumpkins. Perhaps even keep the hutch as the only source of them. Pumpkin pie would be an obvious bakery use for them. Or just something else to get 99 of! ;)
Coffee beans as a crop. Used to make coffee. Combined with cinnamon rolls to make fika, a delightful energy boosting snack!
A large dragon, taking up a 2x2 space which moves is neck and exhales puffs of flame instead of flying. It could be the dragon that drops gold items which everyone would like!

SpiritWind00
10-05-15, 10:33 PM
You're on a roll SpuriousNotion! ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-07-15, 09:08 AM
Fun ideas ...I like em all.
...and I'm up for *any* kind of culturally-inspired or holiday-themed release.

But what I'd really really really really really really really reeeeeeeally like?

THE OPENING OF ONE NEW EXPANSION PLOT EACH MONTH!

We have now become accustomed to a monthly release of new 'prizes' in the Baron's tent and lately, each new update also brings a new building with it ..so, it would be SOOOOOO awesome if we also had a new plot available each month for us to PUT all of this stuff! As it is now, we have to decide which building or decoration that is LEAST needed or whatever to store, so we can place things on the board like a faerie bulb and an orphanage!

Instead of waiting 6-9 months or however long between expansions and getting 4-7 new plots at once, it'd help SO much to have new land to expand into EACH month. Just one lil plot per month. C'mon TL, make it happen with the monthly release of new Baron "grand prizes" (which let's be real, when they cost gems & sometimes take up to the full amount of rotten cabbages needed to get the 6 prizes behind the Baron's face? Well they're not really grand PRIZES at all, now are they? They're PURCHASES).

PS. The "Sneak Peek" thread isn't open for tomorrow's possible update but if it was, I'd post this part there:
All I want tomorrow can be conveyed with a lil jig-dance & sung to the tune of "Tradition" from FIDDLER ON THE ROOF:
"Expansioooooooons! Ex.pan.sions."
LOL

SpuriousNotion
10-07-15, 10:51 AM
Fun ideas ...I like em all.
...and I'm up for *any* kind of culturally-inspired or holiday-themed release.

But what I'd really really really really really really really reeeeeeeally like?

THE OPENING OF ONE NEW EXPANSION PLOT EACH MONTH!

We have now become accustomed to a monthly release of new 'prizes' in the Baron's tent and lately, each new update also brings a new building with it ..so, it would be SOOOOOO awesome if we also had a new plot available each month for us to PUT all of this stuff! As it is now, we have to decide which building or decoration that is LEAST needed or whatever to store, so we can place things on the board like a faerie bulb and an orphanage!

Instead of waiting 6-9 months or however long between expansions and getting 4-7 new plots at once, it'd help SO much to have new land to expand into EACH month. Just one lil plot per month. C'mon TL, make it happen with the monthly release of new Baron "grand prizes" (which let's be real, when they cost gems & sometimes take up to the full amount of rotten cabbages needed to get the 6 prizes behind the Baron's face? Well they're not really grand PRIZES at all, now are they? They're PURCHASES).

PS. The "Sneak Peek" thread isn't open for tomorrow's possible update but if it was, I'd post this part there:
All I want tomorrow can be conveyed with a lil jig-dance & sung to the tune of "Tradition" from FIDDLER ON THE ROOF:
"Expansioooooooons! Ex.pan.sions."
LOL

Fiddler on the Roof, eh?...
If I had expansions,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I'd expand on my kingdom
If I had an ex-pan-sion!
I could use my earth wisps,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I had a biddy expansion
Yidle-diddle-didle-happy man!

Another idea though... I would like to feel like the special weapons we make actually meant something. Beastbane sounded nice but the truth is whacking a boar with a stick would have had the same effect. I would like special weapons to actually ensure things like removing two health points per hit or increasing energy drops per hit.

SpuriousNotion
10-10-15, 06:15 PM
I just remembered this one... Where are the royal sheep and chickens?! Added to certain adventures and available for purchase with gems, I am absolutely positive it would encourage gem purchase, as well as encourage those of us who rarely go on adventures anymore to start doing them again!
Royal chickens could have increased chance of double eggs, and even more exciting for some, a slightly better chance of golden eggs. Obviously not double roast chicken unless they had ability to clone themselves. ;)
Royal sheep would have even better chance of prime cuts and perhaps even add the golden fleece as a very rare but permanent drop.

SpuriousNotion
10-10-15, 06:34 PM
I would have to start thinking about animals! How about a chocolate cow? It would give, of course, chocolate milk! Chocolate milk could also be added to the kitchens. It gives another reason for our chocolate reserves. Being a kid-friendly game where we were making "grape juice" though most of us know what it really was ;) and taverns serve "root beer", chocolate milk seems like a natural addition. What use would it have? I would like to hear some other players' ideas for it! :)

jbfps116
10-11-15, 12:20 AM
We need Autumn Decorations!
I was looking in my inventory today for some fresh decor and I noticed there's hardly ANY Fall themed items! Sure there is some halloween stuff but I am in the mood for autumn theme!

some items I'd like to see:

leafy path [a path made of fall colored leaves]

Oak tree with a swing!

Fall colored trees [ie: a bright red maple tree!] Imagine a street lined with beautiful red orange and yellow fall trees!

the HAYSTACK!!!

Produce wagon [would have vegetables in it or a series of wagons with corn, carrots, etc...]

Gardener's shack [rustic decor with tools etc]

Indian corn stack

pilgrim sheep or cows!

gourd birdhouse

birdfeeder [animated!]

roadside produce stand!

pile of leaves & rake

so those are just some cool ideas. We have tons of winter and "pink" deco so I think we should have some fall themes too.

AnniePMH
10-11-15, 06:41 AM
Voted for glimmergate travel, cherry tree and gold drop dragon. But I'm with the Captain here, we need expansions way more. Also focus on continuing core story line and I would also welcome additional high royal point buildings/items:) As SpuriousNotion is suggesting above, royal chickens and sheep, please. Why don't we already have those?

SpuriousNotion
10-13-15, 08:53 PM
I know many would like to gift more than three per day. If there is a reason that is being kept that way, it has never been a priority for me, but how about temporarily increasing that limit for the upcoming holiday season? Or perhaps even temporarily offer a wrapped gift on the gifting list that can be placed and chopped for a random surprise? I think that sounds fun!

SpuriousNotion
10-14-15, 05:24 PM
I have been reading the "unofficial goals" thread. Why not make many of these "Official goals" through an achievement system? There doesn't even need to be any reward except something a player can tap on to see things like "Reached 100 Builder's Pastes". For those who find it important and fun to craft items to this level, the journey is its own reward!

tvangstanke
10-16-15, 06:34 AM
I just love the suggestions quoted below. - Yes please, S8?

As some of us have happily invested in the pumpkin hut, here are some ideas for gem worthy prizes:

A set of 3-10 nice (single square sized) trees - can be released in series of various pleasant color schemes for autumn, winter, spring, summer.

A set of 10-20 (single square sized) peony fences - can be released in series of various pleasant color schemes.

A set of 5-10 street lights with a glowing halo, gives the illusion of evening, or dark cosy alleys.

A set of 50 moss overgrown green versions of the stone path, for that mossy Irish and Scandinavian feel.

More fabulous buildings like the clock tower (that some of us waited for in vain).

Majestic forest animals, like mooses, elks, deers, wolves, bears.
Also smaller ones in their habitat like a clover field with a couple of lightly animated bunnies (2x1 sq. same size as the dragon and unicorn hedges), animated bird feeder, animated squirrel tree (1x1 same size as the pine trees) etc.

Don't care what the prizes drop. But please move forward from the horses/dragons/cats/dogs, and no more disproportionally sized items that don't make sense in a Kingdom.

More animated graphics for certain things. All fountains should have moving water, and all decorations involving fire should flicker. These things sit in my storage because they do not look pretty as static decorations (...)

Agreed. But floating movements like Greselda's fountain, the windmill, and the bench butterflies. Not crazy twitching stuff like the Observatory and the bat cave.

Yes let us build a nice market sqare of booths and merchant stalls! Each of 1x1 sq, max2x2 sq sized.

We need Autumn Decorations!
I was looking in my inventory today for some fresh decor and I noticed there's hardly ANY Fall themed items! Sure there is some halloween stuff but I am in the mood for autumn theme!

some items I'd like to see:

leafy path [a path made of fall colored leaves]

Oak tree with a swing!

Fall colored trees [ie: a bright red maple tree!] Imagine a street lined with beautiful red orange and yellow fall trees!

the HAYSTACK!!!

Produce wagon [would have vegetables in it or a series of wagons with corn, carrots, etc...]

Gardener's shack [rustic decor with tools etc]

Indian corn stack

pilgrim sheep or cows!

gourd birdhouse

birdfeeder [animated!]

roadside produce stand!

pile of leaves & rake

so those are just some cool ideas. We have tons of winter and "pink" deco so I think we should have some fall themes too.

<3 the way your mind works:o

NW also had some fun suggestions for Halloween themed items, though it must have been in another thread.
(I enjoyed this years Egyptian mummy cat Bastet and her pyramid resting place. Really clever ;))

Liloze
10-19-15, 01:05 PM
Rice, we can make Sushi with the fish ;)
Travelling through the glimmergate, yep :)
Cherry tree, love Cherry Brandy :o
Dragon that drops golden items? ...Like gold nuggets ? deginitely yes :p

Now I am insisting on :

1- MORE ENERGY , MORE ENERGY, MORE ENERGY!(Please check old polls and suggestions to upgrade Wizard school to higher levels, with higher energy return) And / or ....this leads to point 2.

2- BRING THE LOVE SHACK BACK: Since S8 is bringing back old events and buildings, ( Pink Alicorn, Bat habitat etc...) I am certainly astonished about their ignoring all those gamers wanting and asking for this iconic building for more than 3 years now!
Whether it is helpful or not, let the gamers decide, but at least give us a chance at it!

3-ANIMATION, ANIMATED BUILDINGS: glad that the buildings aren't swimming in green snot with psychedelic colors anymore, but alas seems CS lost its unique appealing feature!

The animated buildings were what drew me to play this game in the first place! Now I feel am losing interest, especially with these never-ending goals to end up with nothing animated!

Wouldn't it have been beautiful to have the fairy bulb with small faeries flying about it like luminous dots at least?
Or the swing in the orphanage moving too? with a kid sitting on it?

4- EXPANSION...I don't think I need to extrapolate on this one!

Thank you SW, as usual you're the best :)

PS. Please no more added characters! please! Just let S8 continue the storyline and that would be fine, without branching out with new characters!

janddolphins
10-31-15, 05:26 PM
Loved some of those, went for glimmergate access as that could change the game and create so many more long term goals and dragon because who doesnt want gold items????

As a small update in the next few months I would also like to add it would be nice to have some Chanukah items during December in that we dont all celebrate Christmas. I love Holiday events and dont mind if it is a Christmas one, but just even a nice deco (for coins hopefully) would be nice to put in my queendom and make it more special to me and let me know that the game does realize it caters to people of all types :)

Thanks!

Oh and please please please consider rereleasing the love shack, either potentially giving your loyal players who have been here years a chance to have two, either by quest or putting it in the market for gems. I joined shortly after it, and while I have been level 50 for quite some time, it's the one thing I long after the most in this game as I never heard of it back then, just as many of your newer players probably have not.

mina_32
11-01-15, 08:48 AM
Gosh, I'd love Heian inspired buildings, shrines and temples and torii(!!) ++!

A decoration could be something like a Koma-inu, as well as Sessha which is a mini shrine. Or Ema blocks as wall dividers/fence, or even Emas hanging from a tree..

Voted for everything aside from banners.:o

coolssp
11-01-15, 10:00 AM
Voted for everything but banners and would like to reiterate the desires expressed by many:
1. Love shack - wasn't playing when this was released and honestly I'm sooo jealous of people with Alicorns :p
2. Expansions - love the suggestion for once a month expansion plot
3. Characters - both new and development of story line of the existing ones

Pretty please :cool:

oldmcz
11-02-15, 07:52 AM
I would love for the bountiful table to come back.

88silver
11-02-15, 10:25 AM
We've told S8 countless times that we don't want deco as a prize for timed events. So instead they give us deco that pretends it isn't. I don't care that the essence pool is technically not just decoration ... With a 12 hour timer that drops a single bucket of water, it's deco. So my suggestion is to at least match the timer to the drops if you insist on giving prizes that do not have useful drops.

purrdue5
11-02-15, 10:54 AM
mY idea would be instead of leaving our kingdoms by way of the glimmer gate would be to expand north to the mountains & have a silver mine, it's seems I'm always short of silver. aLso could have a mine give gold, gem, etc. Also expand south & use the water for shops to come in for trading. aLso that would be a suggestion on how to get more expansions. jUst another idea! tHanks for all the help on the forum.

seishy
11-02-15, 10:24 PM
how about finally expanding to and bringing in that glass tower/building in the far bottom right corner that has been sitting there taunting us forever.

I will repeat again, we need a monster repeal. I am sick of having to fight my way through 20 **** monsters everytime I want to feed my animals or harvest crops.

totalwasteoftime
11-02-15, 11:54 PM
I'd also love more variety in the steps to reach a goal... Like baking in the kitchen, brewing in the potion shop, crafting in the workshop, creating in the forge... So much more interesting than tapping the same building every hour for weeks on end or collecting 100s of fertilizer bags to get a horse that occasionally drops fertilizer...
I would also loooove something that drops trade and/or expansion tickets and also more options of trades in the royal exchange.

totalwasteoftime
11-02-15, 11:56 PM
I will repeat again, we need a monster repeal. I am sick of having to fight my way through 20 **** monsters everytime I want to feed my animals or harvest crops.

Isn't that what the troll sparring pit does? I have it off in a corner and leave a troll out and play with the music turned off.

totalwasteoftime
11-03-15, 12:02 AM

I copied someone I saw in the community and put my mills and moat pieces together so the wheels turn in the water... Yes more water could be nice.

totalwasteoftime
11-03-15, 12:04 AM
I copied someone I saw in the community and put my mills and moat pieces together so the wheels turn in the water... Yes more water could be nice.

Here's the photo...

madpe
11-03-15, 12:15 AM
Gem confirmation, pretty please

Silverblade2015
11-03-15, 12:25 AM
Gem confirmation +999999999999999999999999999999

armarbon2
11-03-15, 11:17 AM
I would just love to have back the refined, subtle and totally witty humour back from ye early days. And of course quests that are achievable, realistic and rewarding. The real fun has gone...

figththefire
11-04-15, 12:24 AM
Does tl read this thread and take our suggestions into consideration at all?
Please make "decor from previous value packs" available in market year around;)

hagypagy
11-04-15, 06:49 AM
in the inventory can we please reassign "consumables" to "crops" and have only the harvest items in that classification!!

hagypagy
11-04-15, 06:51 AM
and it's also time for higher levels and a new character! ... at least to lvl 60!!

Em_storm
11-04-15, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Rumplestilskin character that leaves is a spinning wheel that drops golden items.

I like the travel through the Glimmergate idea, and the idea of a Barbarian/ Viking character also has appeal. The dragon boat could drop various fish also, I would think.

joss1323
11-04-15, 09:16 PM
Loving the travel through the glimmer gate idea. I don't think Asian inspired decorations would go with my mostly medieval kingdom, however, if the "glimmergate travel to a new area" idea happend then definitely. Maybe travel to Blythewood and meet Thomas' lady friend lol and Ivys sister
(They're in the same place aren't they?) and have a whole different culture set up. Probably wishful thinking, I couldn't help but look up past polls and am quite disheartened by how few of the ideas suggested are actually used and other things (trick or treat).... but I remain hopeful since I've been playing for a loong time and am very attached to my kingdom...

totalwasteoftime
11-04-15, 10:11 PM
in the inventory can we please reassign "consumables" to "crops" and have only the harvest items in that classification!!

I don't get anything when I sort by consumable... I have plenty of crops of crafted food items. Do other people have the ability to sort this way?

dipwid
11-05-15, 12:21 PM
Posted by silver blade2015
"About Event and Reward
I think it was mentioned in some other post that they are having hard time deciding what to let the essence pool drop while not hurting economy.

So why not create new crafting lines (like the horse hair and rope, but they need to make more use of it)?

For example, a cloth shop which players can use to make clothes and trinkets for quest or sell for gold? Some will be required by quest, and you can also make it and sell it to exchange for gold coins.

With cloth shop, then you can create lots of new raw materials for harvesting as well (which leads to more building rewards for events).
Cotton is definitely one, which then you got new planting seeds to grow on farm plot. Wool is one too which will make players to buy more sheep. Silk can be added too, which you can create new silk worms line for players to harvest. Hide from cow can also make leather clothes.

If it can also create jewelry or trinkets, then you got another use of gemstone line and metal line to create."

By Dipwid
Great ideas-post it also in the suggestions thread. I'm looking for my ermine cloak crafted with furs and gold thread, and my gold crown crafted with some of those jewels dropping from the troll castle, and maybe a scepter which would be a modified builders hammer with silver leaf.

jao1961
11-22-15, 12:06 PM
I'm not far along yet only rank 23. I don't have the barons tentmbut it sounds excellent!! I was thinking since we have a sheep how about a spinning wheel? To spin cloth and make clothes or other fabric? Then I began thinking why stop there! How about a new game! A game where you start on your plot of land,have crops. You have to till the soil weed plant seeds. Take the soil and make bricks. Then make an entire castle! The furniture ,dishes from pottery. Craft your pots and silverware! Make your bed frames then a hay stuffed mattress lol or from geese feathers. Let nothing gomto waste. Anyway well the spinning wheel was a thought. Or maybe a goatnalso for milk and Cheese. But its still a super game I love it!!!!! Thank you for entertaining fun for many hours.

jao1961
11-22-15, 12:27 PM
OK I'm back lol had another lightbulb moment teehee. I do like the mermaid idea mentioned above also. But here goes...... A frog pond with lily pads perhaps a lotus blossom floating on a liliypad. Oh dear here it comes... In the pond are big green frogs! You have to fish for frogs to catch the right one your very own Prince Charming! But what about the guys who need a girl frog? Well don't know sorry guys. Could also use the frogs in icky potions with toadstools we have mushrooms already. Or the frog turns into the Baron or an evil witch. May not get a prince lol? Hence you have to kiss a lot of toads to get a prince.

spchstew
11-22-15, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Rumplestilskin character that leaves is a spinning wheel that drops golden items.

I like the travel through the Glimmergate idea, and the idea of a Barbarian/ Viking character also has appeal. The dragon boat could drop various fish also, I would think.

Love the idea of a character or a dragon that drops gold items.

potatoKida
11-23-15, 07:21 AM
I would love it if there is a building where you can sell the items you don't need to other players who need it and vise versa, because honestly I have no use of my 12 Golden Apples and some players still haven't passed Sir Pigglesworth quest or they're in need for one somewhere in Grezelda's arc. Oh oh and let's not forget the dragon quest where you need to use oh so many Mithril which I already maxed on them ;D sure would love to sell these~ ☆

As I would love if I could buy off some royal beams from players who don't need them, and I'd love it if there was an option where you can choose whether you want to sell the items for coins or gems.

wamboltia
11-24-15, 02:57 PM
Dear Lord, can we please have a gem confirmation button?!?! I just accidentally spent 8 gems to speed up a stupid super glue because I was trying to click the potion shop next to it 😁😁

GlvtenFree
11-26-15, 08:35 PM
I think it would be really cool if maybe we could use the cabbage hut to convert like 50-150 harvested cabbage crops into 1 cabbage to throw, that way it would take some time to make them but you would be able to get a prize eventually that way storm8 doesnt lose out so bad on gems.. idk lol

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 06:51 AM
Love the idea of a character or a dragon that drops gold items.

How about a peacock that drops a gem every day or so? Pretty and functional. And shouldn't eat into their profits if they're worried about giving away gem giving creatures - most games have them. If anything it encourages people to buy gems to add to the gems they've collected. And the peacock was a symbol for Indian royalty, which would fit in with an Asian theme.

vaso1908
11-29-15, 08:13 AM
I think it would be great if we had some kind of achievements database. We could get rewards (eg gems) after completing a specific amount of tasks for example collecting crops, crafting, feeding animals, visiting neighbors etc. This way we could have something to keep us occupied when we have no active quests. I've seen it in many other games and I think it works great.

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-15-15, 08:46 AM
Dear Santa S8 ~

For Valentine's Day, I want:

* Re-release & return of the LOVE SHACK & white alicorn quests!!! (Ooooooo.Mmmmm.Ggggg, prettttty pleeeeease!)
* Return of all of the pink Heart animals (& ability to get 'em from adventures!)
* Return of the Heart trees & Valentine plants (more possible drops from adventures!)
* Another return of the pink alicorn quest
* A pink skunkupine dressed as Cupid (maybe in the Baron's Tent?)
* A red dragon (or other RED animals) ... OMG, where's my good-looking CENTAUR, already!?! lol
* Cherry tree
* New recipes in the kitchen for milk chocolate, chocolate-covered strawberries, chocolate-covered cherries, cherry cobbler & boxes of chocolate candies
* A new (permanent) adventure needing some of the above new recipes & new weapons (bows & arrows!) & maybe some rope...and has a (NOT super rare) chance to drop NEW, fun stuff!
* Thurston & Sabina to throw a party or Valentine's Dance (please, NO baby shower, lol!), giving us goodie giftbags to chop, lol
* MORE purple stuff, lol
* Storyline continuation (WHERE'S that dang missing locket/necklace??!) & expansion to the BROKEN-CHERUB FOUNTAIN-THRONE THINGY!!!

Signed,
~ One of your loyal long-time cheerleader players :rolleyes: ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-15-15, 08:46 AM
PS. The above post ⬆️ is wrapped in a heart-shaped box of chocolates! �� LOL

mreames
12-15-15, 09:16 AM
It's not exactly the same but that sounds a lot like the trials and tribute long term goal. ;)

I think it would be great if we had some kind of achievements database. We could get rewards (eg gems) after completing a specific amount of tasks for example collecting crops, crafting, feeding animals, visiting neighbors etc. This way we could have something to keep us occupied when we have no active quests. I've seen it in many other games and I think it works great.

SpuriousNotion
12-18-15, 03:02 PM
I think it would be a great idea when going to the market to buy a new building if it would show what resources are needed to build it to level one. This would be helpful to newer players with limited space and money who are deciding what they want next. I just tested an example of a jeweler, which costs 27,000 coins but to sell the unbuilt building gives back only 5,500. I have seen kingdoms before with many unbuilt buildings and think these players got stuck but were reluctant to lose the coins in the exchange. Either that, or simply remove the coin loss for selling if someone realizes they don't have the resources to complete it at that time. This doesn't affect me at all, just trying to think of something to help the newbies.

hagypagy
12-19-15, 06:40 AM
something new in the forest, to expand to, would be amazing!
maybe a lover for Ivy?? ;)

parlski
12-19-15, 06:55 AM
and it's also time for higher levels and a new character! ... at least to lvl 60!!

might I add, a higher max energy cap? that and to get back to the main story line.

I rather dislike timed quests as I can't be attached to this throughout the day and evening.
random drops for a quest are rubbish as well. all for the sake of decoration items...

parlski
12-19-15, 06:56 AM
Dear Lord, can we please have a gem confirmation button?!?! I just accidentally spent 8 gems to speed up a stupid super glue because I was trying to click the potion shop next to it 😁😁

you should feel the sting of accidentally speeding up an alicorn less than 24 hours after buying gems.

rulerofjennyville
12-19-15, 07:37 AM
I'm going to put in a plug for the gem button, too. Since I didn't get the reindeer stable I was plugging for ( though I liked the thanksgiving table/thanksgiving animals and thanksgiving food shelter) I would like them to bring back the dragon eggs challenge and/or the love shack.
They wouldn't have to come up with something new and I don't mind doing a more difficult challenge if you get something decent at the end.
I can't leave statues that don't give anything out because of limited space.

hagypagy
12-22-15, 07:55 AM
!!! a GOLD SMELTER !!!

a craft building that lets you melt down your gold items (maybe even coins - millions probably) into other gold items

rulerofjennyville
12-22-15, 01:52 PM
!!! a GOLD SMELTER !!!

a craft building that lets you melt down your gold items (maybe even coins - millions probably) into other gold items

The only non-functional thing I pull out of storage (besides my carriages - I like my carriages) is the baron's gold tower. So I'd go with a gold smelter.

seisurreal
12-23-15, 09:49 AM
Dear TL ★

could we increase the energy cap from 40 to more?
As an incentive for those who managed to expand a certain land space, because there are too many things to attend to, if you have a big land area..

similarly the Alicorn/Horse energy drops should also increase n correspond to the above cap given. Ty :p ★

rulerofjennyville
12-23-15, 05:21 PM
Dear TL ★

could we increase the energy cap from 40 to more?
As an incentive for those who managed to expand a certain land space, because there are too many things to attend to, if you have a big land area..

similarly the Alicorn/Horse energy drops should also increase n correspond to the above cap given. Ty :p ★

What horse energy drops? I just got my first drop from my first alicorn and got 5 energy but I've never gotten any energy from a horse.

0LIW0
12-24-15, 10:17 AM
Expansion permits need to be easier to get. -_- I have long frustrated at this. I don't have enough room for all my pretty decorations! I have one side of the area dedicated to all the buildings i need stuff from for quests and stuff and a little area for decorating but even that is being taken over by things needed for quests. /sigh

mreames
12-24-15, 02:12 PM
What horse energy drops? I just got my first drop from my first alicorn and got 5 energy but I've never gotten any energy from a horse.

Special horses.. Destrier and Rouncey.

seisurreal
12-25-15, 04:39 AM

Hi rulerofjennyville ★

It's Rouncy n Destrier :D They give out each 40 energies every 7 days :D

27189 27190

rulerofjennyville
12-25-15, 07:54 AM
Hi rulerofjennyville ★

It's Rouncy n Destrier :D They give out each 40 energies every 7 days :D

27189 27190

Aww - I don't have those. Are they gem horses you can buy or are they ones you had to win in a competition I missed?

seisurreal
12-26-15, 09:35 PM
Aww - I don't have those. Are they gem horses you can buy or are they ones you had to win in a competition I missed?

It's won in an event not so long ago, forgot the quest name ★

meme1098
12-26-15, 09:57 PM
Believe it was called Need for Steed...or something similar.

seisurreal
12-27-15, 04:56 AM
Ty meme1098 :D ★

rst345
01-07-16, 12:33 AM
I would like the windmill to be really useful. I love the graphics. Could the time not be shortened to 8 hrs with regular drops of bread & flour. It could be a mini quest to upgrade the glimmer town. Or Ivy's bakery could become a crafting bakery as she grows & develops her s****s. Again another mini quest that develops the main story line. The reason I play CS.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-08-16, 09:06 AM
This is an odd (& silly) request lol, but I'd like to be able to gift my neighbors a ...
It wouldn't be needed for any quest and wouldn't become a material to use in any crafting recipe.
It's simply something goofy for those of us longtime level 50 players to gift one another who are maxed on all other gift options.
The glitterbomb would definitely need to be an item that is placed on the board like the fireworks crates, with 1 chop.
Once chopped, it gives a little pop & explosion of glitter (maybe making a glitter path, similar to the confetti path? Maybe just disappearing after the glitter rains down & subsides?)

Again, not an earth-shattering suggestion, just something to add some silly fun to the game, LOL.

danzplace
01-08-16, 09:53 AM
A glitter bomb would be great fun!

meme1098
01-08-16, 11:50 AM
Yay!! Let's give some glitter bombs :D

ekat1985
01-10-16, 03:11 PM
Castle story is among of one of my favorite games, along with many more storm8 games. I've been playing for over 3 years now and have never had any complaints until the past few months or so. I've been getting fairly discouraged with how many of these games seem to be on their way to retirement. With castle story, ive been happy to still have events and goals to participate in, but it seems like the events require quite a bit of effort, time and resources (which im more than willing to put in) to complete but the end result is a building that essentially is just there to fill up space because after the event is over it just drops a few coins. Basically, id love for the end result of completing a goal be a little more "worth-the-buck" so to speak. for example, i tried so hard to complete the the essence pool goal, which was difficult and time-consuming, and was so excited to have finished it and in the end all we got was a tiny pond that drops less than a rustic well. I can say the same about the orphanage, horse track, the faerie bulb, and now it looks like the glimmer fountain is heading the same direction. I will say though, that i only included the faerie bulb in this list because of the level of difficulty it took to complete the building and i guess i was expecting the end result to be have better drops. It is very cute and drops some minor useful resources so im not complaining about the building itself (I actually have 2 lol), i just wish the "juice was worth the squeeze." For example, one of my favorite quests/events was the "12 days of christmas" a few years ago and the one that led to getting the winter bakery! Now that's an adorable and a prize worth investing the time and work to complete. But all that aside, great game! keep up the good work! Thank you!

iamvan2
01-10-16, 07:31 PM
I think a coal mine that drops coal, wisps, lanterns would be very helpful.

riverly
01-10-16, 10:09 PM
I think a coal mine that drops coal, wisps, lanterns would be very helpful.welllll??!! That would be great How about some diamonds also because who doesn't like diamonds. And dare I say it-- maybe a gem or two.

McZoll
01-11-16, 10:31 AM
welllll??!! That would be great How about some diamonds also because who doesn't like diamonds. And dare I say it-- maybe a gem or two.

that is exactly what my 2 deep mines drop for years...

cyndora
01-11-16, 03:32 PM
I agree with what was said about the end goal be something worth the time and effort , and not something that s8 took time to create, time it took players, only to store it for eternity. Seems like a waste, and personally we don't want that, we ask and ask for worth while prizes.

I personally would like another outfit for my avatar!!! Since we have a scholar, a cook, a knight, a baron, a troll, we should have a seamstress building and a seamstress walking around with a fabulous gown , and we can make outfits and dress everyone for say a party story line or something. Then add the jester after that for entertainment. I mean what do we really do for fun in this town for morale? All we do is work work work, and now we have refuges. I'm sorry but there needs to be a recreational story in there SOMEWHERES lol

Also, the energy should be 50 for level 50 players, too many buildings accumulated , and lots of resources need tapping, and some more energy would be helpful, just like the new inventory catagories your working on......? Right?......

So far after three years I still really enjoy this game. And only suggestions I make are the ones that would keep me still interested and feel this game needs.
Thanks and happy tapping.

riverly
01-11-16, 05:53 PM
that is exactly what my 2 deep mines drop for years...mine do too. I wasn't sure if that was a serious comment or not so tried to answer as appropriately as possible. But I must say more diamonds would be nice and according to CS trends, we are going to need another super duper rare drop.

idrispad
01-12-16, 12:31 AM
Deep mines don't drop gems. They drop jewels, but not gems (and not diamonds.)

aypeerez
01-12-16, 01:13 AM
Ever since I got Sir Pigglesworth I've wondered how he got his name. He seems such a helpful fellow, often anticipating exactly what I need - so although I understand pigs are very intelligent creatures I have a suspicion that he could have once been a real knight who ran into a witch. Could it have been our dear friend Greselda in her evil days, and could she remember her evil deed one day when Sir P knocks her down so she bumps her head .... and with her hazy memory it would take several efforts to get it right to restore Sir P to his real form, lots of help would be required. I think that would be fun. Of course the human Sir P would have freckles.....and would also know the knights code, possibly even better than our young knight who is fond of quoting it, there could be a need for some research to clarify who is right in such matters, keeping our wizard busy.

stargaze91
01-12-16, 05:18 AM
Deep mines don't drop gems. They drop jewels, but not gems (and not diamonds.)

I believe a diamond did drop from my mine once..it was used for hatching the first dragon along with some sort of essence from burning ember

mreames
01-16-16, 12:28 PM
I believe a diamond did drop from my mine once..it was used for hatching the first dragon along with some sort of essence from burning ember

You are correct... :) When a goal calls for a large diamond, like hatching the first dragon, a deep mine is capable of dropping one. I don't believe it does without a specific goal calling for one.

mreames
01-16-16, 12:32 PM
How about a poll for people's favorite event in the past (besides the Love Shack lol)? I'd nominate the pyre dragon event. I thought it was epic. Those that hadn't participated could perhaps read about any nominations. Maybe the favorite ones could somewhat be used as a template in the future.

SpuriousNotion
01-16-16, 02:10 PM
I know many of us who look at the forum would enjoy a way of looking at someone's kingdom/queendom without needing to send an invite. Just add a Search button next to the Invite button to search by Storm8 ID. Personally, I don't like to send invites to people uninvited, and know some neighbors I accepted without previous conversation probably just wanted to peek.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-16-16, 04:33 PM
Dear Santa S8 ~

For Valentine's Day, I want:

* Re-release & return of the LOVE SHACK & white alicorn quests!!! (Ooooooo.Mmmmm.Ggggg, prettttty pleeeeease!)
* Return of all of the pink Heart animals (& ability to get 'em from adventures!)
* Return of the Heart trees & Valentine plants (more possible drops from adventures!)
* Another return of the pink alicorn quest
* A pink skunkupine dressed as Cupid (maybe in the Baron's Tent?)
* A red dragon (or other RED animals) ... OMG, where's my good-looking CENTAUR, already!?! lol
* Cherry tree
* New recipes in the kitchen for milk chocolate, chocolate-covered strawberries, chocolate-covered cherries, cherry cobbler & boxes of chocolate candies
* A new (permanent) adventure needing some of the above new recipes & new weapons (bows & arrows!) & maybe some rope...and has a (NOT super rare) chance to drop NEW, fun stuff!
* Thurston & Sabina to throw a party or Valentine's Dance (please, NO baby shower, lol!), giving us goodie giftbags to chop, lol
* MORE purple stuff, lol
* Storyline continuation (WHERE'S that dang missing locket/necklace??!) & expansion to the BROKEN-CHERUB FOUNTAIN-THRONE THINGY!!!

Signed,
~ One of your loyal long-time cheerleader players :rolleyes: ;)

An additional Valentine's request, perhaps for the Baron's Tent ... MISS RED TROLL! lol
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15360&d=1410190553

SpuriousNotion
01-16-16, 08:36 PM
An additional Valentine's request, perhaps for the Baron's Tent ... MISS RED TROLL! lol
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15360&d=1410190553
Miss Red Troll? I guess it's a matter of perspective, being a guy myself. Looks highly male, and would love to decorate my castle with his pink horns!

SpuriousNotion
01-18-16, 05:29 PM
I think many of us would enjoy a "sticky" option for our walls, perhaps a limit of five or ten posts, so that we may save certain ones. Special messages from others, vacation notifications, taking a break from the game, or even those people protecting their swords. :) Just some examples of why many would find this valuable.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-19-16, 08:10 AM
Reposting this here from another thread so it hopefully gets seen:

It would be awesome if we could gift cabbages for the tent and for building the cabbage hut.

ETA: ...and yeah, second vote for wall "stickies"!

warwicktown
01-20-16, 08:36 PM
Reposting this here from another thread so it hopefully gets seen:

And a third vote, this would be wonderful!

AnniePMH
01-21-16, 11:00 AM
I think many of us would enjoy a "sticky" option for our walls, perhaps a limit of five or ten posts, so that we may save certain ones. Special messages from others, vacation notifications, taking a break from the game, or even those people protecting their swords. :) Just some examples of why many would find this valuable.

And a third vote, this would be wonderful!

Yep, fourth vote here!:p

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-21-16, 09:41 PM
Since it's now well established that S8 is absolutely INFATUATED with fountains, lol, I'd like to suggest one of these:
(You can lose the stainless steel base, lol)
But YES, animated please. With a timer. Drops? CHOCOLATE!!! M-m-m-m!
http://www.coolestgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/stainless-steel-choco-fountain.gif

danzplace
01-22-16, 04:56 AM
Yummy! Only if they add a recipe for chocolate covered strawberries in the kitchen.;)

rulerofjennyville
01-24-16, 05:48 PM
So - we've all made these suggestions and taken the poll. Any evidence they're even reading it? It's getting pretty close to Valentine's day so if we're going to get a challenge wouldn't it come around now? There's no point in a Valentine's day challenge that goes after Valentine's day.
I hope the monster challenge wasn't it.

jao1961
01-25-16, 04:40 PM
The "walkers" I call them,they walk around our kingdoms after completing the quests or parts of challenges. How about a faerie walker? Give her some pretty wings and a flower on her head for a cap or a hat. Just a thought lol would be cute. I was also visiting neighbors, and they have a glimmer bat habitat, I missed that one sigh. Anyway I was thinking maybe something else dark and mysterious like a giant cage with black ravens in it. That would be very cool! Thanks for the super game I love it!!😊

SpiritWind00
01-25-16, 05:09 PM
So - we've all made these suggestions and taken the poll. Any evidence they're even reading it? It's getting pretty close to Valentine's day so if we're going to get a challenge wouldn't it come around now? There's no point in a Valentine's day challenge that goes after Valentine's day.
I hope the monster challenge wasn't it.

Let's revisit what this thread is about..... Here is the first post from a previous thread. These suggestion threads are about items we would like in our kingdoms. This thread does get read (all threads do) and we have had loads of our suggestions come to reality. Not everything does of course. :) I give a summary of the thread to S8 when I close and create a new thread as well.

As to Valentine's Day, well, if you look at last year's list, it was the week before. We just have to wait and see what is in store this time around. Monster hunts will not be classified as Valentine's Day events... :)

Castle: Poll and Suggestion Thread

Vote for the items you'd like to see in your kingdom. You can vote for multiple items but you can only vote once.

Is there an item or building or decoration you would like to see added? Please post your suggestions here and if you see a suggestion that someone else has made, adding your support increase its chance of being in the next poll.

** Please note that I have submitted the results of the last poll. There were really great ideas posted, so keep them coming. :) SW

(an interesting note: the most posted items from last poll was expansions and another kitchen.... and we got both!)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-04-16, 07:28 PM
Since it's now well established that S8 is absolutely INFATUATED with fountains, lol, I'd like to suggest one of these:
(You can lose the stainless steel base, lol)
But YES, animated please. With a timer. Drops? CHOCOLATE!!! M-m-m-m!
http://www.coolestgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/stainless-steel-choco-fountain.gif
Dear S8 ~

Thank-you for giving me a chocolate fountain for V Day. It is rendered better than I expected & is cute-as-can-be! :)
... but it also kinda missed the mark. :(
As another player commented elsewhere, "A steady flow..." suggests animation... So where's the flowing chocolate?
And I don't know about other players but if it was more than just a stagnant decoration and actually DROPPED chocolate every (however many) hours, I would fork out 100+20 gems for it (instead of just 20).
So... Hmm... Thanks for kinda 1/2-listening to our suggestions? lol

Signed,
~ CS Addict #1027 (who should work for S8, lol :p)

hagypagy
02-05-16, 08:50 PM
I'd love to see a Wizards Workshop!!

Similar to the Tinkers Camp and Cooking Camp but in styles of the Wizard Schools

It would be a workshop where you could transform the footprint of buildings and decorations
ie turn a 2x2 building into a 3x3 building and vice-versa

Obviously you would need a heap of transformation tonics , wizard spellbooks , some magic from some source and have a weeklong timer

Maybe craft buildings and the castle would need to remain their original size

Would be for high level players , part of the main storyline , and a goal that takes a looong time to achieve
Would help in the management of space once you have a full kingdom

Not sure about logistics of programming etc ... Might even be impossible

pcfroglad
02-06-16, 09:17 AM
Could we have an improvement to organize our inventory? I have 137 pages and 90 of them are materials ... none of them are consumables and apparently none are special either. It would be great to have a classification we could edit ourselves - I would have one called 'Mathom' where i put all the things i am never likely to need again .. but might want to look at :) Consumables should be everything food-ish Having something for plants separate from decorations would also be useful. Of course buildings should stay.

jao1961
02-08-16, 06:45 PM
How about a blacksmith bldg since we have horses and carriages? Horses need shoes lol.

jao1961
02-10-16, 10:15 AM
I was just in my CS game Was thinking since we have faeries,are there young faeries like baby faeries? Do they nest in trees or treetops? I used nest for lack of a better word lol.If it's a tree,is it a special tree with a nesting hole carved into the branch or trunk like a squirrel has?And when a faerie is born does it already know how to fly? If not we could have a faerie flight school? Maybe a large oak tree with a nest hole for our baby faerie nursery. A nice magical oak tree or even a big willow tree the branches draping on the ground. Big roots showing themselves above ground or just a very ancient knarled tree trunk with a nest hole and creepy roots to scare of the monsters lol keep the trolls away. And how about a troll bridge? I'm only a level 31,I'm not quite sure what we have yet. Ty again for great game!

riverly
02-11-16, 06:40 AM
Why is plot c9 not opened up? And why do we have cabbage hut as a locked goal? And who the heck is princess Lorelei? I might be in wrong thread for posting this. Mods, feel free to move or delete.

rst345
02-11-16, 10:31 AM
The theatres; the theatres!! I had forgotten I had them until I dug out the little theatre for Ivy's fortune's. We have a little theatre & a big amphitheater which both live in storage or are ignored 99% of the time. We could have have visiting troupes from other glimmer wood communities; there could be community events, grand events even royal events. Visitors could come through the glimmer gate; the baron, & his mother could visit for the occasion. Sabrina & Ivy could craft items, old Thomas could find plays written by the bard himself. Theatre in the medieval fantasy world could be exciting with the addition of faerie & troll culture. Fantastic stage props could be built. Competition could be carried on. We could serve wine & beer, after we make them in our new brewery & winery; hold harvest festivals all centred around the theatre,big or small. Lots of opportunities!

hagypagy
02-11-16, 03:23 PM
Awesome ideas!!

cyndora
02-15-16, 04:59 PM
i am going to stick with the waterfall idea.

moving, flowing, misty, nothing huge like an entire expansion, but something large enough to enjoy and look at the details. and make it so its the same blue as the rivers so it kinda fits in.

also . inventory changes.
change the special and consumables into food items and event tabs please, they are taking up space for nothing.

i notice you have alot of green blank space if you scroll to the left side of the screen... what if we could take a river ride over there and start building?..

traveling through the glimmer gate would be neat also, like maybe to the where the fairies live??? have a entire map to decorate?

danzplace
02-16-16, 05:46 PM
Oh I would love a fairy land to decorate. New varieties of trees and exotic flowers, exotic animals (peacocks, llamas, etc), or even insects, since fairies are probably smaller (caterpillars, butterflies, bumblebees, hummingbirds...)

They would all be lovely with a waterfall setting... Think Hawaii

Or an Alice in Wonderland inspired world suitable for fairies, mushrooms, giant flowers, tree houses, like looking in the fairy bulb...

cyndora
02-16-16, 08:54 PM
Oh I would love a fairy land to decorate. New varieties of trees and exotic flowers, exotic animals (peacocks, llamas, etc), or even insects, since fairies are probably smaller (caterpillars, butterflies, bumblebees, hummingbirds...)

They would all be lovely with a waterfall setting... Think Hawaii

Or an Alice in Wonderland inspired world suitable for fairies, mushrooms, giant flowers, tree houses, like looking in the fairy bulb...

awesome idea!

PrincessCupOButter
02-18-16, 02:26 PM
I'd like to suggest that the release time for updates be changed. Is it possible 12:00 (noon) pacific time is at conflict with lunch breaks? Maybe hit the start button an hour or two earlier? Or change it permanently to later in the day? (Players might not be so annoyed if they aren't expecting it at noon) :D

Also, I'd like to suggest that when timed events start late...the end time should also be extended to reflect the late start. (No clue if today's petting zoo event is timed or not, but if so, players have already lost an hour and a half.)

One more request: On update days, we should get a pop-up saying there is or is not an update and a notification if it's going to be delayed. We get pop-ups for gem sales, Baron tent changes, requests to rate the game....so why not a pop up saying "Hey! No updates today. Have a great week!"?

meme1098
02-18-16, 02:41 PM
Pressing "Like" button...if there actually was one, bingo.

SpuriousNotion
02-18-16, 03:05 PM
I'd like to suggest that the release time for updates be changed. Is it possible 12:00 (noon) pacific time is at conflict with lunch breaks? Maybe hit the start button an hour or two earlier? Or change it permanently to later in the day? (Players might not be so annoyed if they aren't expecting it at noon) :D

Also, I'd like to suggest that when timed events start late...the end time should also be extended to reflect the late start. (No clue if today's petting zoo event is timed or not, but if so, players have already lost an hour and a half.)

One more request: On update days, we should get a pop-up saying there is or is not an update and a notification if it's going to be delayed. We get pop-ups for gem sales, Baron tent changes, requests to rate the game....so why not a pop up saying "Hey! No updates today. Have a great week!"?
Since CS is played in different time zones around the world, many people somewhere are always going to be affected no matter when the update is released. For me, the usual time of 2pm central US is okay. :)
I agree with some kind of game pre-notification about updates within the game a day before since many people don't look at the forum for information about them.

ladyperidot
02-18-16, 03:10 PM
The theatres; the theatres!! I had forgotten I had them until I dug out the little theatre for Ivy's fortune's. We have a little theatre & a big amphitheater which both live in storage or are ignored 99% of the time. We could have have visiting troupes from other glimmer wood communities; there could be community events, grand events even royal events. Visitors could come through the glimmer gate; the baron, & his mother could visit for the occasion. Sabrina & Ivy could craft items, old Thomas could find plays written by the bard himself. Theatre in the medieval fantasy world could be exciting with the addition of faerie & troll culture. Fantastic stage props could be built. Competition could be carried on. We could serve wine & beer, after we make them in our new brewery & winery; hold harvest festivals all centred around the theatre,big or small. Lots of opportunities!

Great ideas! There could also be a new character wandering around, a performer or maybe the bard himself

carebear8724
02-18-16, 03:24 PM
Spirit wind just commented in the sneak peak/musings thread that the update is still a few hours away.

SpiritWind00
02-18-16, 03:34 PM
thanks for the suggestions about communication on updates; I'm happy to pass that on.... this thread is about suggestions about what you'd like to see on your board. Closing till the update comes out to help! :)

SpuriousNotion
02-20-16, 03:14 PM
I would like to have all quests with "make a certain number of items" always be "have a certain number of items" so that it always checks inventory. In many cases its not a big issue but I have to wonder what those players who made 99 white dye are doing for the petting zoo quest, since white dye was a component a long time ago. This was an issue for me several months ago where it required me to make 10 beams of some kind and I had to struggle to use 10 beams before I could even move forward with the quest. Another idea would be to add a "discard" or "sell" feature into the inventory, but personally I would rather S8 spend time on better things and this would also add to a risk of players making the mistake of discarding things they didn't mean to.

ladyperidot
02-21-16, 03:42 PM
Why can't we have a sort of medieval market where we can buy and sell things like the market in farm story???

iamvan2
02-28-16, 02:10 PM
I would like to suggest that "you" bring back some of the old special quests; i.e. Rain deer Stable, Kingdom Inn, Love Shack, the quest with the 3 dragons, those were fun, challenging yet highly doable. Also, the drops were worthwhile. I had all of those in a kingdom I lost and was unable to get back. Lately the special goals are just not worth the time and resources spent. I'm sorry but the petting zoo is so unattractive. I know players would appreciate some of the old quests being brought back or new quests being more in the same vein as these worthwhile old ones.

rulerofjennyville
02-28-16, 02:18 PM
I would like to suggest that "you" bring back some of the old special quests; i.e. Rain deer Stable, Kingdom Inn, Love Shack, the quest with the 3 dragons, those were fun, challenging yet highly doable. Also, the drops were worthwhile. I had all of those in a kingdom I lost and was unable to get back. Lately the special goals are just not worth the time and resources spent. I'm sorry but the petting zoo is so unattractive. I know players would appreciate some of the old quests being brought back or new quests being more in the same vein as these worthwhile old ones.

I second a "bring em back" challenge where they bring back old quests. I like the idea of starting with the unique dragons. Everyone wants a love shack so they should have done that this valentine's day instead of what they gave.

vickyville14
02-28-16, 04:56 PM
I would like to see a new character connected with the fortune teller's tent. It would be a fun way to let people know what to plan for future quests.

parlski
02-29-16, 07:03 AM
I'm sure this has been asked or suggested, but what are the chances of an energy cap increase? like say to 50?
with the larger kingdoms and more items to collect from, (even having multiple alicorns for daily collection) makes it difficult to keep up.

I would be willing to pay gems for a permanent increased energy cap. 100 gems per 1 energy increase over the normal cap?
it may seem like a lot, but I'm sure many will pay it.

cyndora
02-29-16, 08:21 AM
suggestion....

some new tree and decoration designs geared towards spring. like purple trees ( dark purple not pink ) and maybe a special tree that gives one gem a day. i play another ipad game ( well not me someone else ) but they have these trees that give out rubies once a day. ( their rubies are our gems )
its a nice way to help new players over time get some nice things you have one sale for gems.

and a waterfall :)
purple trees would so pretty against the green grass.

thank you for listening.

Sheeba8188
02-29-16, 01:49 PM
suggestion....

some new tree and decoration designs geared towards spring. like purple trees ( dark purple not pink ) and maybe a special tree that gives one gem a day. i play another ipad game ( well not me someone else ) but they have these trees that give out rubies once a day. ( their rubies are our gems )
its a nice way to help new players over time get some nice things you have one sale for gems.

and a waterfall :)
purple trees would so pretty against the green grass.

thank you for listening.

Yea gem tree would be a great edition even if it cost gems to buy it would pay for itself eventually....

Tamochan
03-01-16, 04:06 AM
I have heaps of redundant items in my inventory, like cups of coffee, gum worms and small amounts of items left over from a variety of quests. I have to skim past all of them to find thr things in my inventory that i actually am looking for.
Would it be possible for the game developers to allow us to sell of these items if we chose to do so (even if it is for just one coin) to make life easier? Either that or remove them as and when each quest is spent.
I play other games and at the end of an 'event' the items acquired above and beyond the requirements are either turned into in game food or coin automatically, which is much better.

However, if you are planning on repeating the events, maybe have a seperate place in the inventory in which they re stored?

also: (and sorry for repeating anything others have said, but maybe if enough of us say the SAME thing then the devs will get an idea of what is and is not popular ?)
1) In the inventory there are tabs for things to be sorted out, yet things are rarely in other areas and are all lumped together. Maybe give us an inventory that WE can choose how to store items (eg I would call a chicken a resource and not a decoration...)
2) More expansions specially to the place at the bottom of the map that we can see but not touch.
3) More allowance for buildings for higher level players. I would like another workshop or kitchen.
4) More levels to allow for point 4 above
5) ability to upgrade things like sap tree and living wood tree
6) the glimmergate - lets use it to DO something like a different quest for the knights.

thanks for listening

parlski
03-01-16, 06:22 PM
inventory has always been a difficult thing to sort through.
there is a tab named 'consumable' that has always been empty. I think changing the name to crops and having all the crops one can grow listed in there would be a big help. I'm always sorting through to see how many carrot, wheat, etc i have so I don't over plant.

I know this has been said before... (Bcause I had said it before)

SpiritWind00
03-11-16, 06:06 PM
Time for a new suggestion thread! Closing thread and working on a new one... I have sent the results of this thread through to S8.

Thanks for voting and for all the suggestions and ideas :)