PDA

View Full Version : 10/01 Update: Baron's Tent Prizes (Oct 2015) iOS only

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-01-15, 04:50 PM
The Baron's Tent - Release 5 - October 2015

Click here for the full list of the Baron's Tent Prizes & previous release information. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392-Castle-Story-Building-Guide&p=1070491&viewfull=1#post1070491)

How does the tent work?
1. Every day there's a new grand prize you can purchase. The grand prize is random. All known drops are outlined below & in the Inventory Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375).
2. Every day you get 3 free cabbages only. If you buy cabbages, remaining ones (above 3) are carried over to the next day but you do not get an additional 3 free ones.
3. In order to get the Grand Prize, you'll need to purchase some cabbages as you need all 6 prizes to get the grand prize and you're only given 3 free cabbages.
4. Even if you do not want to purchase cabbages, throw your three free ones per day. You will still get those prizes (the ones behind the Baron's face).
5. Purchases you can make inside the Baron's Tent:
* 1 rotten cabbage = 10 gems
* 4 rotten cabbages = 40 gems
* 10 rotten cabbages = 90 gems
* 22 rotten cabbages = 180 gems

6. On 10/15/15, the Cabbage Hut was released in the market for 450 gems (Limit of 1). It drops 1 rotten cabbage on each collection and its initial 24-hr timer has now been reduced to a 22-hour timer. The rotten cabbages are "stored" inside the Baron's Tent (not in the player's storage cellar inventory). No reported limit for the number of rotten cabbages that can accrue and be stored in the Baron's Tent.

Prizes: These Grand Prizes will pop up randomly

Hey guys,

We've removed the timer and XP from the following prizes for this month:

Pyramid Kitten House
Cauldron Kitten Bed
Coffin Puppy Bed
Jack o' Lantern Puppy House
Spooky Candle

These were supposed to be decoration items that are not collectable. It only gave 1 XP and had a speed cost of 48 Gems so this option has been removed.

Vampire Puppy and Pumpkin Puppy
Found: Baron's Game Tent
Uses/Drops: 1XP, 1 milk plus (1 rat tail, 1 creep tooth or 1 fur)
Collection time: 8 hrs
Size: 1x1 ea

Mummy Kitten and Witch Kitten
Uses/Drops: 1XP, 1 milk plus (1 rat tail, 1 creep tooth or 1 fur)
Collection time: 8 hrs

Coffin Puppy Bed and Cauldron Kitten Bed
Uses/Drops: 1XP 10/27 Update: Decoration only, no drops
Collection time: 12 hrs

Jack o' Lantern Puppy House and Pyramid Kitty House (?)

Spooky Candle
Size: 1x1 (NOT animated)

Candy Haul
Uses/Drops: 1XP, 1 sugar
Size: 1x1

figththefire
10-01-15, 04:55 PM
I hope NO CATS /DOGS anymore

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-01-15, 05:07 PM
I hope NO CATS /DOGS anymore
Lol, a neighbor already posted on my wall that she got a vampire dog...and that's funny, considering we made blue Husky Eric "Northdog" a Viking vampire dog last month, LOL

fluffybutter007
10-01-15, 06:11 PM
Mummy kitten. 8 hour collection time. I think it's cute. :)

AnniePMH
10-01-15, 08:59 PM
Here pics of the vampire dog:

He's just called Vampire Puppy:)

Silverblade2015
10-01-15, 10:15 PM
I see a Halloween candle on one account and a Coffin on the other account.

SpuriousNotion
10-01-15, 10:34 PM
Mummy kitten. 8 hour collection time. I think it's cute. :)

I have the mummy cat available now. Too bad I am never going to buy another cat or dog in this game. Besides which, I don't know a single cat that would stand for such a costume, especially if it's something tied around its tail. It would probably destroy my kingdom trying to get it off, so it's better not to get it!

TL4me
10-02-15, 12:59 AM
Found this cutie in the tent today...Pumpkin Puppy.

WhisperSlowly
10-02-15, 05:10 AM
Got this in the tent today.

At first I thought it was a witch cat, but on closer look I think it might be a pilgrim cat for Thanksgiving.

If i decide to purchase it, I'll update with what it is for sure.

katbtodd
10-02-15, 08:09 AM
Not sure what it is

stargaze91
10-02-15, 10:35 AM
Some sort of pumpkin hut :confused:

Chaotarch
10-02-15, 10:59 AM
Some sort of pumpkin hut :confused:

Jack'O Lantern Puppy House
12h collection time
48 gems speed up

1. drop: 1exp:mad:

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-02-15, 11:11 AM
Today I got a Coffin Puppy Bed on on my main account

Meeka katbtodd ~ maybe your's is a cauldron (or witchy pot) cat bed?? ...lol, not sure

ETA: ...and my baby account got this:
Hmm... A Pyramid Kitty House??

trailbean
10-02-15, 03:54 PM
Don't have a screenshot, but I got something that looks like a bag of candy

morsith
10-02-15, 11:57 PM
I got a candle

AnniePMH
10-03-15, 02:29 AM
Don't have a screenshot, but I got something that looks like a bag of candy

This is it:

Drops 1 sugar:)

Edit: And 1 xp, lol:D

jdygmgi
10-03-15, 05:14 AM
Lol watch out that corn in the wrong place:

Amazing boys that S8 crew :p

AnniePMH
10-03-15, 12:30 PM
Witch Kitten:

The usual cat/dog drops, no silver or jewels

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-03-15, 02:09 PM
Okay, TL/S8....
Puhleeeeeeeeeze give us some DIFFERENT animals in the tent besides cats & dogs!!!!!
Please? Pretttttty please?
... A mummy bunny woulda been cuter! Lol

jdygmgi
10-03-15, 03:15 PM
... A mummy bunny woulda been cuter!

Well I must say... You deserve it all :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-04-15, 08:54 AM
Well I must say... You deserve it all :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Lol thx...I think...(facetious? Lol), cuz I'm not sure what I did to deserve it all lol :confused:

Actually, I really would liked to have seen more Halloweeny type animals this month ...
...Or at least some *different* costumed animals than MORE cats n dogs!

* Owls!
* A spooky tree with spiders and webs in it
* Griffin
* Gargoyles!
* Chicken dressed like a crow, raven or bat
* Sheep dressed like a werewolf! (Wolf in sheep's clothing, reversed, lol) ...drops wool AND fur, LOL
* Put the headless horseman on a $1500 horse, holding his Jack O Lantern head in his hand!
* Even a horse dressed like Frankenstein, lol
* SUGAR SKULLS!!!

All these cats and dogs and NO BLACK CAT, which is quintessential H'ween!?! :eek:
...and no tombstones. :( Disappointed.

So yeah, a mummy bunny woulda been cuter, lol.

Oh well... At least I have some zombie children of the corn living in my orphanage, THAT'S Halloween, lol :p

ETA: ...& soon those evil brats are gonna get the "friendly" gallows added to their playground ..and maybe the pillory platform, too. Muwahahahah! lol

meme1098
10-04-15, 11:06 AM
Those are all great ideas for the tent! Where's S8's imagination? An orphanage of all things...lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-06-15, 07:53 AM
Yep, it's what I thought it was... A cauldron kitty bed.
Cute, but if it's like the coffin puppy bed and only gonna drop 1XP every 12 hrs, I'd rather it just be a decoration without a timer on it, like the barrel kitty bed from the vineyard event. Otherwise, it's just a gem trap for nothing.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-07-15, 09:57 AM
Jack'O Lantern Puppy House
12h collection time
48 gems speed up

1. drop: 1exp:mad:
Yep.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-09-15, 06:25 AM
HMPHF!! ...and dangit! Call me disappointed. Again.
I was reeeally hoping against hope that the candles would be ANIMATED . . . But of course, they're not. :mad:
As SpuriousNotion posted in the Suggestion thread, all decorations with fire or flames need to FLICKER!
Seriously, would the Glimmerbat Habitat be half as cool if the purple flames on the corners were stagnant and didn't flicker when the bat is in flight? NO. The same applies to all campfires (even those that look like a squished squid or gum on the end of Popsicle sticks, lol) and braziers and ESPECIALLY candles!!!
Duh... h-e-l-l-oooooo! :confused:

I *was* planning to get a matching PAIR of Spooky Candles, if they chose to grace my tent twice.
But now? ...hmmm, I dunno, feels like my Fire Sign bubble has been doused & I just stepped out of a dunking booth, lol.
Just dangit. :(

jdygmgi
10-09-15, 06:32 AM
Otherwise, it's just a gem trap for nothing.

You got it!!! From now on behalf, ALL THE DECOS WILL ALSO BE GEM TRAPS :p

This S8 guys deserve a Nobel Prize in economics ;)

CharmOfLea
10-09-15, 09:16 AM
HMPHF!! ...and dangit! Call me disappointed. Again.
I was reeeally hoping against hope that the candles would be ANIMATED . . . But of course, they're not. :mad:
As SpuriousNotion posted in the Suggestion thread, all decorations with fire or flames need to FLICKER!
Seriously, would the Glimmerbat Habitat be half as cool if the purple flames on the corners were stagnant and didn't flicker when the bat is in flight? NO. The same applies to all campfires (even those that look like a squished squid or gum on the end of Popsicle sticks, lol) and braziers and ESPECIALLY candles!!!
Duh... h-e-l-l-oooooo! :confused:

I *was* planning to get a matching PAIR of Spooky Candles, if they chose to grace my tent twice.
But now? ...hmmm, I dunno, feels like my Fire Sign bubble has been doused & I just stepped out of a dunking booth, lol.
Just dangit. :(
Too bad. Most of the newcomers are static. :/ Does it drop anything?

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-09-15, 10:58 AM
Dunno yet, I just got it this morning but I'll post what (if anything) it drops in the first post in another 6.5 hours, lol, cuz I don't spend gems to speed things up.
Wellllll, at least not on purpose. :rolleyes:

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-09-15, 05:37 PM
Ok, brace yourself ... Ready?
The Spooky Candle drops ... *drum roll* ... 1 XP.
Sheesh, lol

CharmOfLea
10-09-15, 07:09 PM
Ok, brace yourself ... Ready?
The Spooky Candle drops ... *drum roll* ... 1 XP.
Sheesh, lol
OK, yes, ready! No way. That's it? The initial fascination with CS were the pretty animated items for me. I remember visiting L50 players and thinking, "oh yeah, I'll stick around".
BTW What's up with the empty-promises-timers lately? First, these floating collectors are optically distorting and second, tiny 1-square gem traps, yeah.
Thank you for the heads-up! I waited for u to come back to respond myself. The only item I've won thru the tent is the Merry-go-round and I still like it. I actually am seriously waiting, gems in hand, on something interesting to show up. :D

sophie_luv
10-10-15, 05:55 AM
I hope you can make the size of those cats and dogs right. Husky are big dog and it should be as big as sheep...

55lee55
10-10-15, 09:11 AM
When the Baron's Tent first arrived at least I was usually getting something for my cabbage tosses. This month I have gone several days in a row only hitting coins. Did S8 remove all of the non-winning prizes behind the faces and replace them with coins? They were the only reason I bothered tapping the tent as I don't want or need anymore useless decorations to store and I have enough dogs and cats.

If I might pick up one extra sugar cane every four or five days it hardly seems worth my effort. I am not even going to bother with any unanimated decorations or dogs and cats. This looks like yet another S8 fail to me.

The best they could do now is let us store this ugly thing to give us room in our cramped kingdoms. I don't ever expect to see anything else to buy in the tent as they put little effort into the prizes.

If they learn to animate, size correctly, and give us items we ask for I could change my mind but since S8 took over from TL, the quality of the game has deteriorated at a steady pace.

At least TL pretended to listen to players. Who would have thought I would have called the TL time "the good old days" and longed for their return? I used to think that anything would be an improvement over TL. I was so wrong and the Baron's Tent is a shining example of how wrong I was, lol.

labsandboxers
10-10-15, 02:44 PM
I haven't liked the prizes since the clock tower that I love. Still wish I could store it away

jdygmgi
10-10-15, 02:44 PM
This month I have gone several days in a row only hitting coins. Did S8 remove all of the non-winning prizes behind the faces and replace them with coins? They were the only reason I bothered tapping the tent as I don't want or need anymore useless decorations to store and I have enough dogs and cats.

Someone realized people like you (and me) were earning prizes without spending $$$$, so they changed the rules...

First, they inserted some poor items different of loto table ones, such as corn and wheat...

Then, as players realized the trick, they did put just coins instead...

Can it be poorest and sadest from the Baron? Honestly I doubt it

jbfps116
10-13-15, 07:23 AM
that's only sometimes. sometimes I get coins.. sometimes I get other stuff.

Gr1zz_LeBear
10-15-15, 09:24 PM
I had 452 gems, and couldn't get more wizard schools, so I went for it... At least I'm now gem-trap proofed for a while :-)

GlvtenFree
10-17-15, 03:37 PM
I hav had the same prize in my tent for 3 days straight (bag of candy)
and I am really starting to get upset and disappointed because
I bought the pack of cabbages more than a week ago to use on one specific prize I have yet to see
I REALLY REALLY want the spooky mummy kitty and I am scared the prizes will change before he appears.
Is there a way for storm8 to fix my tent? it really is not fair to get the same thing time and again every time the counter resets.

GlvtenFree
10-19-15, 03:06 PM
So, it has been two more days and still the candy bag is in my tent..... I am so sad.

SpiritWind00
10-19-15, 07:11 PM
I want the candy bag! please send it me instead :) I have the vampire dog and I want to use my cabbages, but I'm holding out for the candy bag. I bought the Hut and want to make sure I get the prize with as little gems as possible (as we all do!).

Scratte717
10-19-15, 10:18 PM
I have noticed new behaviour - maybe it is just coincidence, but
Earlier on - I went to the tent daily, if I liked the prize - I bought gems ang got it, if not - I still used my 3 free cabbages to get some useful stuff. And next day when I came back- there was new prize available.
Since latest update - if I throw 3 free cabbages only and then come back next day - the prize is still the same as day before. If I do not throw any cabbages - only then I get new prize next day.
Is it just coincidence or is it how it works now?

nukesters2
10-23-15, 05:51 PM
I see others are having the same problem as me....I have has mummy kitty in my tent for days now!! Which I already got using cabbages from a value pack I bought!! I think it is because of the new challenge they have, to use 10 cabbages. There are only 3 days left in that challenge so I am guessing it will change after that. But I am not going to use up the 22 cabbages I was saving to get something else. This is really annoying!!

PikaSquirrel
10-27-15, 06:06 PM
Hey guys,

We've removed the timer and XP from the following prizes for this month:

Pyramid Kitten House
Cauldron Kitten Bed
Coffin Puppy Bed
Jack o' Lantern Puppy House
Spooky Candle

These were supposed to be decoration items that are not collectable. It only gave 1 XP and had a speed cost of 48 Gems so this option has been removed.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-28-15, 08:16 AM
THANK-you, Pika! .. Those were most annoying decorative gem traps, so thanks a lot. :)
First post is now updated with this new info.

arikasi
11-02-15, 01:35 PM
Well after buying the cabbage hut, I didnt see either the mummy cat or the candy pile, and looking through the possible prize list I never saw the vampire dog at all! This is the first month that Ive checked the the prizes every day (since the cabbage hut) and I have to say they seem extremely repetative and not an even random.

seisurreal
11-13-15, 10:05 AM
★ hihi TL ★

Could we have the cabbage hut dropping two cabbages a day instead of the current rate of one a day? ★ reason being it isn't enough to buy all the cats and dogs in the game tent :p ★

On another note, could we have the favorites back in the tent? such as dragon nest, archers tent, clock tower, maypole? give a chance to those who missed them earlier ★ Ty ★

PikaSquirrel
11-13-15, 11:45 AM
★ hihi TL ★

Could we have the cabbage hut dropping two cabbages a day instead of the current rate of one a day? ★ reason being it isn't enough to buy all the cats and dogs in the game tent :p ★

On another note, could we have the favorites back in the tent? such as dragon nest, archers tent, clock tower, maypole? give a chance to those who missed them earlier ★ Ty ★

We'll forward both feedback to the game team. :)