PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 10/01/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 1

Pages : 1 [2] 3

midgetsocks
10-07-15, 11:06 AM
^ You have to build it to level 1 to get rid of it:(

nessa005
10-07-15, 11:51 AM
Yeah the 16hr craft time..I'm there and it's a bit depressing as far as game play is concerned. Easier just to spend a gem at the orphanage at the 30 minute mark and speed up a paper. Then again,27 days..who knows what this is leading to..update tomorrow perhaps?:rolleyes:
I just realized we can't craft the fabric, only comes from Ivys house and the orphanage. Guess I'll be spending a gem an hour ( free ones from downloading games!) to speed it up. I'm so bored!

berrigan17
10-07-15, 12:41 PM
So... Spooky paper... I decided to gem the last two visits to the sawmill so I didn't miss the 24 hour deadline. Immediately put the workshops to work making some more paper (16hours??!). Logged back in just now some hours later and am told I failed to complete the challenge. (My gems are back at least.) But I still have the papers crafting away. So. Am I going to lose my papers? Or the capacity to craft papers? The crafting is a ridiculous time drainer and living wood drainer but what's the deal?

ShibuyaCloth
10-07-15, 01:06 PM
^ You have to build it to level 1 to get rid of it:(

That is so for every building, no exception. You cannot store a building at level 0.

SpiritWind00
10-07-15, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry guys, I thought that you could only craft if you finished visiting sawmills, but clearly that's been disproven. Still no news about timer. I crafted a couple of spooky paper, but for the time it takes away from crafting anything else in the workshop it's not worth crafting for me. I'll post if I hear any updates on this. :)

mreames
10-07-15, 01:21 PM
I'm sorry guys, I thought that you could only craft if you finished visiting sawmills, but clearly that's been disproven. Still no news about timer. I crafted a couple of spooky paper, but for the time it takes away from crafting anything else in the workshop it's not worth crafting for me. I'll post if I hear any updates on this. :)

Lol I can't remember if this is the 3rd or 4th time I've crafted them in the workshop, but I may be done before they finish. Lol if not, I only need 3 so I could wait for those two and collect from the orphanage at the same time. But maybe I'll keep collecting from the orphanage and have 2 hard earned extra spooky paper. Lol

TastyCakeBakery
10-07-15, 01:46 PM
Maybe you can skip that with gems (25, I believe). Might want to make sure ding that doesn't affect your Porcine problem but I wouldn't think so.

I doubt that finishing the porcine problem will stop the boars from coming. It didn't stop mine. If anything, they come more often.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-07-15, 02:08 PM

Thanks for trying SW. So if the timed goal does not let you craft the paper, because you can craft it regardless of finishing the goal, how did finishing the goal get me ahead?!? I had to gem one...

Seriously700
10-07-15, 02:45 PM
Any news on the spooky paper? It would be very nice if they'd adjust that 16 hour time, or at least have it make more than one paper at a time.

Personally I'd rather see the orphanage have a longer refresh time, and drop more than one item at a time. I can play a lot, but even I find having to check it EVERY hour tedious.
I actually prefer the look of the level 3 orphanage, but I will level up, just because I don't want to miss out on what might be a prize on par with the cauldron. Of course, it could also be a dud, in which case I'll wish I'd left it at level three. :rolleyes:

I too am finding the hourly collection time excruciatingly tedious. I've been trying to check in as frequently as possible for 6 days, and I can't imagine doing this for another 27 days. I'm starting to question whether it's time to stop playing after 21 compulsively addicted months.

I do wish S8 would reconsider their decision to make the items drop 1 at a time on an hourly basis. A 3 hour collection time like we've had during recent community events is aggressive enough. S8 could either make multiple items drop or reduce the total items required to upgrade in the interest of player satisfaction.

I don't know if there will be an update tomorrow that continues this from the last known steps but if there is, I am nowhere close to being able to participate, and I'm guessing most players won't be either. I still need a couple of days to work on spooky papers, then about a week for the fabrics. Of course we don't know if checking in 10 to 14 times a day will be enough to meet subsequent goals in the remaining time frame.

Very frustrating to not know how crazily obsessed you need to be to be successful, and to not have any clue whether the rewards for success are of any value. Amazing that you can build a business model based on this!

meme1098
10-07-15, 02:54 PM
Thanks for trying SW. So if the timed goal does not let you craft the paper, because you can craft it regardless of finishing the goal, how did finishing the goal get me ahead?!? I had to gem one...

I had to skip the last 2 visits as well so the timer wouldn't expire on me. Cost me 10 gems. And I wondered, too, how the heck did that get me ahead? I didn't get any extra paper for it at all....:confused:

belbar22
10-07-15, 02:57 PM
I only have 25 papers. I am a very long way from finishing this goal. I am losing the will to live with this goal and starting to feel really demoralised. I really feel for the people who had to make feasts first, before they could even start this goal. Progressing in this set of goals should not be dependent on playing hourly and I can't see where I got ahead by completing the visit the sawmills 10 times.

mreames
10-07-15, 03:02 PM
It seems to me the only way it let anyone "get ahead" is by finishing the goal well ahead of the 24 hours and start crafting immediately. So the max "ahead" would be getting 2 earlier than waiting 24 hours. Finishing right at the 24 hour mark accomplished nothing but coins and XP. :( not exciting.

I had to skip the last 2 visits as well so the timer wouldn't expire on me. Cost me 10 gems. And I wondered, too, how the heck did that get me ahead? I didn't get any extra paper for it at all....:confused:

MizCricket
10-07-15, 03:08 PM
Just saw a pic of level 5 orphanage. I certainly don't like it. May just keep mine at level 3 so it doesn't look out of place all year round. Anyone has pic of level 4? Wondering whether to stop at 3 or 4.

There's a picture on page 10 post 98 but a good portion of it is covered.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85166-Castle-Story-10-01-Update-Trick-or-Treat!&p=1183250&viewfull=1#post1183250

Can anyone post a picture of level 4 so we can see the whole thing? I'd like to leave the building out all year so I'd rather stop before it starts looking like it's decorated for Halloween. Thanks!

mreames
10-07-15, 03:13 PM
I'll try to post one in an hour or two when I get upgraded.

There's a picture on page 10 post 98 but a good portion of it is covered.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85166-Castle-Story-10-01-Update-Trick-or-Treat!&p=1183250&viewfull=1#post1183250

Can anyone post a picture of level 4 so we can see the whole thing? I'd like to leave the building out all year so I'd rather stop before it starts looking like it's decorated for Halloween. Thanks!

mreames
10-07-15, 04:03 PM
I'll try to post one in an hour or two when I get upgraded.

The upload keeps failing for some reason but I do not see any difference whatsoever between level 3 and level 4.

SpuriousNotion
10-07-15, 04:09 PM
The upload keeps failing for some reason but I do not see any difference whatsoever between level 3 and level 4.

I don't really see a difference between them either. It's when all the spooky decorations are added at level five that it looks like a mess. Probably a fire hazard too, with all that cloth and paper!

ginerp
10-07-15, 04:21 PM
I too had no feasts stickpiled. I'm not even buying the orphanage until I see how much time is left once I have all 20 made. And I'm level 40, so not exactly a new player. My poor daughter bought it first and then learned of the 20 feasts and was so discouraged she didn't even want to try, but of course now she's forced to at least make the first 10. I think 20 feasts to even get an event off the ground is pretty extreme.

meme1098
10-07-15, 04:44 PM

Read in the Bugs section that uploads since IOS9 upgrade are a problem on all forums. But someone found a work around by editing the pic first. Then it'll upload.

mreames
10-07-15, 04:53 PM
Hopefully it worked. Lol level 4

Read in the Bugs section that uploads since IOS9 upgrade are a problem on all forums. But someone found a work around by editing the pic first. Then it'll upload.

mreames
10-07-15, 04:54 PM
Thanks :) at least now I know how to "edit" photos while still on iPad. Lol

meme1098
10-07-15, 04:58 PM

Yay ... it works:D

mreames
10-07-15, 05:13 PM
And all I did was hit the enhance photo button. ;)

Yay ... it works:D

MizCricket
10-07-15, 06:01 PM

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :D

ktorewqas
10-07-15, 06:04 PM
The difference between lvl 3 & 4 is spider lol few giant spiders are crawling all over the lvl 4 building

mreames
10-07-15, 06:07 PM
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :D

You're very welcome :) if I was hesitant about upgrading to level 5, I'd upgrade to 4 but continue to gather everything for level 5. You don't have to hit build if you don't want to when you have everything gathered but you'd still be on track if we find out there's something great ahead.

I actually like the way the bats and ghosts are "floating" in the air around the orphanage at level 5. Some of them are even quite far away from the actual building. Lol

mreames
10-07-15, 06:12 PM
Ah, they aren't very evident the way my building is rotated. I see them when I rotate it the other directions, though. Unfortunately, I didn't look at level 3 from those angles.

The difference between lvl 3 & 4 is spider lol few giant spiders are crawling all over the lvl 4 building

BahSunFarms
10-07-15, 06:26 PM
I have four more hearty feasts to make. :(
I started with zero feasts (simple + hearty) and wanted to quit but I didn't and I won't.
We'll see how far I can get in 26 days.

CharmOfLea
10-07-15, 06:40 PM
My orphanage is placed just between Lady Greselda and the Troll Pit. If they manage to run away from her on one side, surely they're going straight down the pit. How's that for Halloween, kids? Ha!

29vanilla
10-07-15, 07:39 PM
I'm hoping this building drops gems! After giving away 20 feasts that could have been used in adventuring; my Knights would surely have brought back gems for all that feast cooking.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-07-15, 08:38 PM
SW I would still like to know how using our gems to finish the goal got us ahead....because it seems that it did not....and its not acceptable to lure gems from customers via false promises. Thank you for your help.

riverly
10-07-15, 09:35 PM
My orphanage is placed just between Lady Greselda and the Troll Pit. If they manage to run away from her on one side, surely they're going straight down the pit. How's that for Halloween, kids? Ha!oh no the poor widdle orphans!! He he

SpiritWind00
10-07-15, 10:41 PM
SW I would still like to know how using our gems to finish the goal got us ahead....because it seems that it did not....and its not acceptable to lure gems from customers via false promises. Thank you for your help.

Me too (re getting ahead)! The issue is still with S8 for checking. Whilst I don't think there are false promises, I can't tell you the last time an update came out with no bugs or glitches. I think this is just another one we've found. If you can craft it, go ahead as it is likely that given the first advice the ability to craft may be removed.

I can confirm however that the 16 hour timer is correct.

EBJW
10-07-15, 11:18 PM

Ah! That's really motivating..... :(

(I'm almost glad I'm on holiday next week... )

katbtodd
10-08-15, 03:22 AM
Laughing here, not enough hours in a day just started the spooky fabric We need 80 and we do get one from ivy hut every 12 hours too, hubby and I been both sick so I have not been getting up at night to collect . So if I don't miss a collection during the waking day ,I should be able to level up in 4 days to level 5 . Guess there no hurry since it only drops coins at level 5 , OH MY WHAT WAS I THINKING! 8 DAYS not 4 figure ,10 fabrics a day

stargaze91
10-08-15, 04:45 AM
I'm still collecting blueprints:rolleyes: took a long time to make the feasts from scratch

mreames
10-08-15, 06:00 AM
I'm still collecting blueprints:rolleyes: took a long time to make the feasts from scratch

My 2nd account isn't even halfway on the blueprints yet. Lol
I actually had all of the feasts...... but I didn't have a single beam or block ready.

belbar22
10-08-15, 07:54 AM
Yay!!! just levelled up to Level 3 on my 2nd account. Only 65 spooky papers till I get to level 4.

However just sparked the 24 hour goal for saw mills and I am out all day tomorrow so won't be able to complete it. Still, on the bright side, I am not exactly sure it is much of a help anyway.

anurulz
10-08-15, 07:57 AM
Still on blueprints...feasts took forever...i really hope S8 gives us atleast some drops on the final orphanage..otherwise am setting Greselda on the orphans..

twinkletoes12348
10-08-15, 08:04 AM
I'm putting together the last feast now. Those orphans better pony up the goods or no Daddy Warbucks for them.

chaben7
10-08-15, 08:54 AM
Completed the sawmill goal in the 24 hour time period but got nothing for it...what was the point. Also, my orphanage is level 3 but still getting blueprints from Thomas every time I collect (trying up upgrade wizard school so need spell books)....& 16 hour craft time for one piece of paper...madness

OnlyOneRamoth
10-08-15, 09:10 AM
J
Me too (re getting ahead)! The issue is still with S8 for checking. Whilst I don't think there are false promises, I can't tell you the last time an update came out with no bugs or glitches. I think this is just another one we've found. If you can craft it, go ahead as it is likely that given the first advice the ability to craft may be removed.

Ty SW...yes lol those darn bugs...I agree thats probably what it was but how nice for S8 that they actually make money from their mistakes! And darn re: the crafting time. Crafting was still available last time I checked but no 16 hour craft on update day!!

ktorewqas
10-08-15, 12:21 PM
Still need three more the fairy saps, yet the glimmerbat task will ask for 10 lw, can't TL ask for more? Lol

ginrae22
10-08-15, 12:21 PM
So... I have been on my game many times in the past week...why didn't I get the pop up/alert for this days ago?! I haven't seen ANYTHING about this in my game until today. I do not check the forum every single day either...so...this stinks.

mreames
10-08-15, 12:31 PM
Did you by any chance just update versions?

So... I have been on my game many times in the past week...why didn't I get the pop up/alert for this days ago?! I haven't seen ANYTHING about this in my game until today. I do not check the forum every single day either...so...this stinks.

PJColley
10-08-15, 12:57 PM
Has anyone determined what drops from the completed Orphanage?

sunnygirl634
10-08-15, 01:08 PM
Has anyone determined what drops from the completed Orphanage?

This has been answered several times. At the moment it only drops coins. BUT--we are guessing/hoping/assuming there will be more to this storyline and that it will eventually drop useful items.

midgetsocks
10-08-15, 01:19 PM
That's funny. Not laughing, but it's funny. And useless considering all the spooky fabric that's needed as well. Weird.

Yes there's no Halloween Witch, there's the S8 Halloween Glitch :rolleyes:

mreames
10-08-15, 01:21 PM
Lol yeah, I did it but I think I got a grand total of 6 from crafting and the last 2 became souvenirs because I finished just before they were ready.

That's funny. Not laughing, but it's funny. And useless considering all the spooky fabric that's needed as well. Weird.

Yes there's no Halloween Witch, there's the S8 Halloween Glitch :rolleyes:

midgetsocks
10-08-15, 01:36 PM
^ I like the Single-Digit Grand Total. It has a certain ring to it ;)

dezzzila
10-08-15, 01:46 PM
A whole entire week of making feasts and still only almost at goal 3!!!

ahomeforme
10-08-15, 03:28 PM
Thank you to those replying to my post regarding the look of orphanage at level 4. Sorry i don't know how to do multiple quote in replying.

SpiritWind00
10-08-15, 03:39 PM
Under your post are 4 options: edit, reply, reply with quote and a button with a plus. You click the plus button on all the posts you want to respond to and on the last one tick both the plus and reply with quote. Simple!

GlvtenFree
10-08-15, 07:15 PM
Thomas's house is still dropping blueprints for me after i have completed the upgrade and am onto the spooky paper???
is it supposed to drop the paper now or will any other buildings drop that? i have for force closed and restarted game many times..

SpiritWind00
10-08-15, 09:37 PM
Thomas's house is still dropping blueprints for me after i have completed the upgrade and am onto the spooky paper???
is it supposed to drop the paper now or will any other buildings drop that? i have for force closed and restarted game many times..

Thomas will drop blueprints.... He just doesn't know when to stop!

Spooky paper is unrelated to Thomas's house and it does not drop spooky paper. The 2nd post on this thread has all the details. paper only comes from the orphanage as a drop, however you can craft it in the workshop at 16 hours per piece.

Castloninian
10-09-15, 04:35 AM
Sorry if I have missed this being mentioned already, but where do you get spooky fabric from? I thought just level 4 orphanage and Ivy once the timed goals were complete? It is just that I collected from a few things, Hamlet, Pigglesworth, etc and have a spooky fabric from somewhere else but didn't see where it dropped from.

meme1098
10-09-15, 06:51 AM
Sorry if I have missed this being mentioned already, but where do you get spooky fabric from? I thought just level 4 orphanage and Ivy once the timed goals were complete? It is just that I collected from a few things, Hamlet, Pigglesworth, etc and have a spooky fabric from somewhere else but didn't see where it dropped from.

According to post 2, spooky fabric only drops from the orphanage & Ivy's Hut.

Castloninian
10-09-15, 09:11 AM
According to post 2, spooky fabric only drops from the orphanage & Ivy's Hut.

That's what I thought. But I am sure I got one from somewhere else. I got one before I did my first collection from my level 4 orphanage and haven't completed the timed goal yet. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth though :).

meme1098
10-09-15, 10:45 AM
That'd be great if it would drop somewhere else, too. :D

[S8] Elsa
10-09-15, 06:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Please allow me to clarify the changes for these goals. The "Creepy Crafting" goal has been updated to reflect the same expiration time as the rest of the goal chain to resolve an unforeseen technical issue. Players who haven't completed or expired the goal will need to complete "Creepy Crafting" to continue progression through the goal line, which will allow players to access the craft for the Spooky Paper. Crafting Spooky Paper in addition to collecting drops from the Orphanage will help you upgrade your building.

If you have previously completed the goal or have a question about your account, please email support@storm8.com for assistance. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

SpiritWind00
10-09-15, 06:20 PM
Thank you Elsa! :)

riverly
10-09-15, 06:42 PM
Elsa;1187354']Hi everyone,

Please allow me to clarify the changes for these goals. The "Creepy Crafting" goal has been updated to reflect the same expiration time as the rest of the goal chain to resolve an unforeseen technical issue. Players who haven't completed or expired the goal will need to complete "Creepy Crafting" to continue progression through the goal line, which will allow players to access the craft for the Spooky Paper. Crafting Spooky Paper in addition to collecting drops from the Orphanage will help you upgrade your building.

If you have previously completed the goal or have a question about your account, please email support@storm8.com for assistance. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.huh??what is this all about??

completing creepy crafting allowed you to craft paper in the workshop. There was a bug that allowed paper to be crafted regardless. Now it's part of the steps, not timed at 24 hours, and now you must complete all visits to the sawmills. SW.

fish63
10-09-15, 08:31 PM
Are we going to be able to craft fabric? I have and offer for wool and energy, but don't know what it's for?

riverly
10-09-15, 10:27 PM
SW thanks for your reply. I did not realize there was an issue--I guess because I finished the 24 hour goal. I rarely craft the paper anyway. In response to the question of having the option to craft fabric so far I do not see any mention of that. Maybe later?? Who knows ? I wondered about the sale pack too. Gonna pass it up.

SpiritWind00
10-10-15, 03:24 AM
Are we going to be able to craft fabric? I have and offer for wool and energy, but don't know what it's for?

SW thanks for your reply. I did not realize there was an issue--I guess because I finished the 24 hour goal. I rarely craft the paper anyway. In response to the question of having the option to craft fabric so far I do not see any mention of that. Maybe later?? Who knows ? I wondered about the sale pack too. Gonna pass it up.

(No prob Riverly!;)) Can't craft fabric.... Orphanage and Ivy's Hut are our collection points. ;)

arikasi
10-10-15, 08:39 AM
Its not just Creepy Crafting that reappears if you didnt complete it. I let the quest before Creepy Crafting - Proper Planning - time out as I didnt want to visit Thomas' house because this would also complete the goal Porcine Problems (which spawns a boar every 3 ponds tapped, very useful for the gold tokens in troll market quest).

Now even though I finished Upgrading the Orphanage by collecting blueprints, without ever visiting Thomas, The quest Proper Planning is back in my quest log.

fish63
10-10-15, 09:20 AM
Please turn off playground plans from Old Thomas. Should stop when we finish that goal. Stiill don't know. If we should buy the fertilizer, wool , energy deal?

kingdomgirl1234
10-10-15, 09:48 AM
I think those are gummy worms in that pudding.

Dirt pudding is chocolate pudding with gummy worms and crushed chocolate cookies on top, Kids love it. Looks even more real when served in a flower pot :)

aroara
10-10-15, 12:48 PM
I have a problem with my spooky wall from last year. I cant rotate it i was trying to move it and now its all messed up :(. Please help

mreames
10-10-15, 04:27 PM
Dirt pudding is chocolate pudding with gummy worms and crushed chocolate cookies on top, Kids love it. Looks even more real when served in a flower pot :)

Sounds better than a mud pie. Lol

kimberly0822
10-10-15, 06:18 PM
16 hours to craft 1 paper..exactly HOW does that help anyone. Sheesh! :confused:

kooky panda
10-10-15, 06:42 PM
I have a problem with my spooky wall from last year. I cant rotate it i was trying to move it and now its all messed up :(. Please help
How is it messed up?

SW here... aroara, you can't rotate walls. They do it automatically when you place them in a row, so if you have a gap they will face a different way. They will turn the corner for you when you place them on the perpendicular and make a corner for you automatically as well. You might try and start again. Clear some space and put them in storage and then place them. You should be good to go. Let us know if you need more advice. :)

jbfps116
10-11-15, 12:23 AM
I hope there's nothing REALLY cool for halloween this year cause I'm NOT upgrading the orphanage past level 3. that means no dirt puddings.

mreames
10-11-15, 04:31 AM
I hope there's nothing REALLY cool for halloween this year cause I'm NOT upgrading the orphanage past level 3. that means no dirt puddings.

I might suggest you at least keep collecting towards the level 4 upgrade whether you use them or not. There's probably a whole lot more people that will be upset if there ISN'T something really cool after all the hard work they've put in to upgrade their orphanage. Just saying. ;)

AnniePMH
10-11-15, 06:33 AM

I might suggest you at least keep collecting towards the level 4 upgrade whether you use them or not. There's probably a whole lot more people that will be upset if there ISN'T something really cool after all the hard work they've put in to upgrade their orphanage. Just saying. ;)

I won't be upset either way, but I really want to collect or craft the dirt puddings to max, or above, lol:p

mreames
10-11-15, 06:55 AM
I won't be upset either way, but I really want to collect or craft the dirt puddings to max, or above, lol:p

Lol well, there will have to be more to the goal than meets the eye to do that. ;)
So, what parts of this did you not skip? ;) Zeph is getting close but YP may have to use gems in the end. Lol

AnniePMH
10-11-15, 07:10 AM
Lol well, there will have to be more to the goal than meets the eye to do that. ;)
So, what parts of this did you not skip? ;) Zeph is getting close but YP may have to use gems in the end. Lol

Lol, had to use gems this update, because I want to max the spooky stuff...Not possible with these long crafting/collecting times without speeding up in the beginning. Of course, new things can happen that change this:eek::rolleyes:

mreames
10-11-15, 08:03 AM
Lol, had to use gems this update, because I want to max the spooky stuff...Not possible with these long crafting/collecting times without speeding up in the beginning. Of course, new things can happen that change this:eek::rolleyes:

The collections on this one are very monotonous, I can't blame you for skipping it!! Lol

AnniePMH
10-11-15, 08:23 AM
The collections on this one are very monotonous, I can't blame you for skipping it!! Lol

I don't mind the collecting at all, I just want to be able to finish my personal goal before the timer runs out, lol:D

mreames
10-11-15, 09:09 AM
Says the one who didn't do it. Lol I think close to 200 hourly collections is over****, personally. Almost unbearable between 2 accounts that couldn't do it at the same time.

I don't mind the collecting at all, I just want to be able to finish my personal goal before the timer runs out, lol:D

AnniePMH
10-11-15, 09:14 AM
Says the one who didn't do it. Lol I think close to 200 hourly collections is over****, personally. Almost unbearable between 2 accounts that couldn't do it at the same time.

Lolol, I couldn't do two Queendoms, I'd have to quit my job!:p When collecting the tannins for the trolls, it was every 30 min. I did that during nights too, at least partly...:eek::D

jdygmgi
10-11-15, 09:32 AM
Lolol, I couldn't do two Queendoms, I'd have to quit my job!:p When collecting the tannins for the trolls, it was every 30 min. I did that during nights too, at least partly...:eek::D

Lol when you each 99 purple hides, I invite u to a dinner in my restaurant ;)

AnniePMH
10-11-15, 09:55 AM
Lol when you each 99 purple hides, I invite u to a dinner in my restaurant ;)

Ok, thank you:) With current drop rate, 1,55 purple hides/month, that means in June 2018!:D

mreames
10-11-15, 11:22 AM

I remember needing tannin but I don't remember what it was for. But I'll bet it was for something more than a building that drops only coins and XP. Lol yeah, every time I wake up in the middle of the night I collect right now. Lol

riverly
10-11-15, 11:41 AM
Okay, back to reality for us middle of the pack players(me). It appears ivy's hut doesn't drop cloth until the horses are tended to. And I forgot to get my horses out of inventory!!! Oh well!!please know that I say this with no ill will whatsoever!! Your hints to playing are much needed. Ty.

riverly
10-11-15, 12:57 PM
I keep thinking of the orphan that says-- Please sir I want more.

ait_vedan
10-11-15, 03:02 PM
Why does Old Thomas' house keep dropping blueprints, while I need the spooky paper? Do we need the blueprints later again?

nessa005
10-11-15, 07:40 PM
Ivy keeps dropping fabric even though I've upgrade the orphanage to level 5. Wonder if we'll need the extras next week.

QueenCarolyn
10-11-15, 10:00 PM
Now that I can craft orange dye, what plants drop orange petals?

kingdomgirl1234
10-12-15, 12:30 AM
🎉🎈🎃🎈🎉 HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING everyone.
I will be keeping my games in the kitchen while I slave over the hot stove. Hopefully I will be able to visit the orphanage in between making pastry etc. give those orphans some holiday love

SpiritWind00
10-12-15, 12:36 AM
Now that I can craft orange dye, what plants drop orange petals?

Talinum Auranticum (orange petals). The plant looks like it has yellowish leaves.

Edit: loads of other places too. All listed in the Inventory Guide under "Petals"

trailbean
10-12-15, 10:27 AM
How exactly does Fabric Financing speed things up? Does spooky fabric not drop from Ivy's Hut without it?

irishmeagan
10-12-15, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find the answer. How many sheets of paper do we get from one crafting?

mreames
10-12-15, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find the answer. How many sheets of paper do we get from one crafting?
One from each workshop.

SpuriousNotion
10-12-15, 12:22 PM
How exactly does Fabric Financing speed things up? Does spooky fabric not drop from Ivy's Hut without it?
That limited time quest will allow Ivy to help with the cloth. If one finishes today then it would at least allow her to give 22 cloths of the 80 required until the end of the event. It's not that much help but better than nothing besides what the orphanage provides. :)

irishmeagan
10-12-15, 12:24 PM
One from each workshop.

One! With 16 hours crafting time!!! Ack!!!!

mreames
10-12-15, 12:59 PM
One! With 16 hours crafting time!!! Ack!!!!

Yep. I think I had time to make 6 that way. Lol

mreames
10-12-15, 01:01 PM
Done, finished... Feeling very anticlimactic. Except now I still have 100 collections to go on my 2nd acct.
There better be more to the orphanage before Halloween is over. Lol

SpuriousNotion
10-12-15, 01:14 PM
Done, finished... Feeling very anticlimactic. Except now I still have 100 collections to go on my 2nd acct.

Speaking of anticlimactic, I was disappointed last year that after all the building of the haunted house and costume gathering that S8 didn't at least have some kind of party for the characters. It was like not reading the final chapter of a book. I am hoping for something better this time or it will be more of a trick than a treat!

zyfazix
10-12-15, 01:29 PM
Some of you are already finished? O_o
I'm still working on getting enough feasts for the first upgrade

mreames
10-12-15, 01:34 PM
Some of you are already finished? O_o
I'm still working on getting enough feasts for the first upgrade

I had all of the blocks and beams and feasts ready to go so it was all of the collecting I had to do, on this account.
I had all of the feasts on the 2nd account but none of the blocks and beams ready so that why it's 100 collections behind.

mreames
10-12-15, 01:35 PM
Speaking of anticlimactic, I was disappointed last year that after all the building of the haunted house and costume gathering that S8 didn't at least have some kind of party for the characters. It was like not reading the final chapter of a book. I am hoping for something better this time or it will be more of a trick than a treat!

I wasn't able to finish last year and missed out on the cauldron. At least it had that as a final reward and I wish I had it. :)

CLOVERKAITO
10-12-15, 04:01 PM
I wasn't able to finish last year and missed out on the cauldron. At least it had that as a final reward and I wish I had it. :)

Yeah last year I had to gem speed up the haunted house a few times just to make it for the cauldron

ait_vedan
10-12-15, 10:25 PM
Why does Old Thomas' house keep dropping blueprints, while I need the spooky paper? Do we need the blueprints later again?

Does anybody know the answer to this question? I'm clicking on Old Thomas' House now, but maybe I should use the energy on other things?

SpiritWind00
10-12-15, 10:38 PM
Does anybody know the answer to this question? I'm clicking on Old Thomas' House now, but maybe I should use the energy on other things?

No, we don't know yet. I'll raise it with the team given we are all wondering.

SpuriousNotion
10-12-15, 10:55 PM
No, we don't know yet. I'll raise it with the team given we are all wondering.

Please wait until I get the maximum number into my inventory, maybe they didn't notice what is likely an error. ;)

lol... SW :)

katbtodd
10-13-15, 02:59 AM
I have level the orphanage up to level 5
We still can make paper in the workshops
Ivy still dropping fabric
Old Thomas blueprints
The only thing I see that went away is the orange dye
Orphanage only drops coin which you get to level 5
And the reward is the dirt pudding which we can't do any thing with yet, so there is more to come !!!!

Sandybellee
10-13-15, 03:49 AM
I'm still gathering playground blueprints... :p Feeling so behind on this...

Seriously700
10-13-15, 07:20 AM
Talinum Auranticum (orange petals). The plant looks like it has yellowish leaves.

Orange petals are also dropped by the "bush" - the rounded green plant with the yellow flowers. They also drop white petals so the orange ones are not guaranteed.

Of course, other sources include the items that drop any color petals - the patch of tall grass, multi-colored hedge, ivy's hut, old logs, plant in a log, ferns, etc.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-13-15, 03:55 PM
Dunno if anyone else has noticed it but my Old Tommy isn't dropping blueprints anymore nor can I craft any more spooky paper in the workshop. Ivy is still dropping spooky cloth for me but I'm still on that stage (level 4), soooo... I guess those extra drops *were* an error and they've now been fixed. :/

SpuriousNotion
10-13-15, 04:08 PM
Dunno if anyone else has noticed it but my Old Tommy isn't dropping blueprints anymore nor can I craft any more spooky paper in the workshop. Ivy is still dropping spooky cloth for me but I'm still on that stage (level 4), soooo... I guess those extra drops *were* an error and they've now been fixed. :/

Yes, I noticed that as well. I was only 8 blueprints away from getting the maximum. Oh, well. I guess a new playground I build will be unsafe for anyone but zombie orphans since I don't have all I need!

PikaSquirrel
10-13-15, 04:28 PM
Sorry about that, the issue with items no longer needed for the Orphanage upgrade you are on has been fixed.

ktorewqas
10-13-15, 04:35 PM
O_o almost lvl5 and wanted a souvenir, however I managed to max blueprints;)

eastie41
10-13-15, 08:10 PM
Hi, I still need craft spooky paper in the workshop. It disappeared early today. I'm LV 4 in orphanage, I was crafting extra. Will it be coming back?

SpuriousNotion
10-13-15, 08:15 PM
Hi, I still need craft spooky paper in the workshop. It disappeared early today. I'm LV 4 in orphanage, I was crafting extra. Will it be coming back?

They removed most or all items from drops/crafting if it's no longer needed for the Orphanage upgrade level you are on. Perhaps it will be useful next year.

eastie41
10-13-15, 09:09 PM
They removed most or all items from drops/crafting if it's no longer needed for the Orphanage upgrade level you are on. Perhaps it will be useful next year.

Thanks for your reply. It was so odd that it disappeared.

Lunaticus
10-13-15, 09:37 PM
I like having the blueprints drop. :( didnt reach max. 😔

valmommy
10-13-15, 09:54 PM
I like having the blueprints drop. :( didnt reach max. 😔

I had 53 of the 60.

riverly
10-13-15, 11:05 PM
I'm working on the orphanage to get to level 5 and I must say I think it's going to look pretty nice with the Halloween decorations that I brought out of storage. I hope the little ones will be pleased. I guess they're beginning to grow on me. -- the little hoodlums!!

mnjcafe
10-14-15, 04:44 AM
Between the 24 hour goals that were supposed to get you ahead but didn't, the items that were supposed to stop dropping but didn't, and the timer originally being wrong on the orphanage, this event has been a bit of a mess. I still firmly believe that the timer on the spooky paper crafting was a mistake -- 3 hours or even 6 hours would be more in line with what we've seen for similar requests in the past, but 16 is ridiculous. I love the storytelling in this game but the execution has been a little wonky lately.

I'm really really really hoping this week's release starts with Ivy moping about how long it takes her to make spooky fabric and Old Thomas discovering a scroll that has a quicker way of doing so (which then gives us a way to craft the fabric from wool and/or horse hair and whatever dyes they want).

I'm also really hoping the trick or treat event does not involve any corn! Ugh! And needs lots of sugar. It seems like they've been really generous about adding items that drop sugar this year, so people could be well positioned for that.

Just my wishful thinking. :)

riverly
10-14-15, 10:39 AM
I hope that this goal is obtainable for lower level players that had to start from scratch. Making the feasts and all that.

dipwid
10-14-15, 12:08 PM
I'm still having a time getting the orphanage to level 2. That's a massive number of feasts and I'm constantly short of bread. I hope to have it finished by the deadline, but don't know if I'll get much farther. Any suggestions? I have my summer gazebo and windmill and ICUs bakery out, hoping for bread and flour drops.

mreames
10-14-15, 12:21 PM
Are you also doing the eggs and dairy trade at the Royal exchange?

I'm still having a time getting the orphanage to level 2. That's a massive number of feasts and I'm constantly short of bread. I hope to have it finished by the deadline, but don't know if I'll get much farther. Any suggestions? I have my summer gazebo and windmill and ICUs bakery out, hoping for bread and flour drops.

Sandybellee
10-14-15, 12:51 PM
I just upgraded the orphanage to level 3 but I can't craft spooky paper. It's not in the workshop! What do I need to do to be able to craft it?

mreames
10-14-15, 01:05 PM
I just upgraded the orphanage to level 3 but I can't craft spooky paper. It's not in the workshop! What do I need to do to be able to craft it?

Check post #2. You need to visit sawmills 10 times and have 50 orange petals.

Sandybellee
10-14-15, 01:16 PM
Check post #2. You need to visit sawmills 10 times and have 50 orange petals.

Thanks! I did read the first page but thought I could start crafting already because the saw mill goal's description says that it's not compulsory.

mreames
10-14-15, 01:29 PM
Thanks! I did read the first page but thought I could start crafting already because the saw mill goal's description says that it's not compulsory.

It's not compulsory to do for the overall event but it is compulsory if you want to craft paper. :)

Edit: after going back and reading it, it is compulsory for the whole event, it appears. People who let it expire had to go back and do it.

I'll make sure that's really clear if it isn't...:) SW

danzplace
10-14-15, 03:37 PM
Break out the orange flowers! You'll need to make orange dye too. So collect when you can.

ktorewqas
10-14-15, 03:43 PM
Done the upgrading, now it's time to make more orange dye :D

SpuriousNotion
10-14-15, 03:49 PM
Done the upgrading, now it's time to make more orange dye :D

I'm glad to have my 100 orange dye now. :) For me, the best part of the orphanage update as the 350 coins per collection don't do much for me!

violetlove12
10-14-15, 09:08 PM
What does the orphanage drop after it was finished being built?

SpuriousNotion
10-14-15, 09:19 PM
What does the orphanage drop after it was finished being built?

Unless it is changed later, currently 1 experience point and 350 coins.

ait_vedan
10-15-15, 01:23 AM
Unless it is changed later, currently 1 experience point and 350 coins.

That is very little, especially given all the items we put in building this orphanage 😢

xanethi
10-15-15, 01:28 AM
It is indeed still only 350 gold that drops. Just did my second collection from the level 5 and only coins

anissada
10-15-15, 02:09 AM
Sorry about that, the issue with items no longer needed for the Orphanage upgrade you are on has been fixed.

maybe you can also fix that we get the spooky fabric from old thomas' house after upgrading the orphanage to level 4 instead of level 5 as we need them to upgrade to level 5 and after that they are useless?

also drop spooky paper from old thomas' house when needed to upgrade the orphanage pls.

and maybe you could change the option for crafting spooky paper into spooky fabric too in the workshops?
80 facbrics from only collecting from the orphanage is huge..

kingdomgirl1234
10-15-15, 02:57 AM
Neighbours of Tintagel Too please don't send requests my phone is busted and I can't access my game so I can't respond to them. Sob sob. Off to see if I can get it fixed. Fatsopolis is happy to receive requests.

zaccy678
10-15-15, 03:02 AM
It's not compulsory to do for the overall event but it is compulsory if you want to craft paper. :)

Edit: after going back and reading it, it is compulsory for the whole event, it appears. People who let it expire had to go back and do it.

I'll make sure that's really clear if it isn't...:) SW

I'm a bit confused :confused:

The game says that this step (Creepy Crafting) is not compulsory but will help us get ahead - So that's wrong, it is compulsory?

And Page 1 says there's a 24-hour time limit - that's wrong too now? There's no time limit??

Sorry, I'm a bit behind :p

camber16
10-15-15, 03:32 AM
Im a bit worried, a fog has decended on my queendom...
What beasties are now lurking to eat the children...25019

SpiritWind00
10-15-15, 03:40 AM

Mine does that often as well... More so when I'm on satellite. Thankfully a force close always fixes it. Maybe it's to stop the children going anywhere! Ooooohhhhhh... How do you write ghost noises? Lol

zyfazix
10-15-15, 03:51 AM
I've decided not to move forward with this event. Upgrading the Orphanage simply takes too many resources I have better use for. Besides, I don't really want an orphanage in my kingdom, no matter how spooky it is

mreames
10-15-15, 05:03 AM
Mine does that often as well... More so when I'm on satellite. Thankfully a force close always fixes it. Maybe it's to stop the children going anywhere! Ooooohhhhhh... How do you write ghost noises? Lol

I find that double tapping home button, then tapping it one more time brings me back in the game and the gray screen is gone. I used to force close but found I didn't have to that extreme. Mileage may vary but you might want to give it a try. :)

riverly
10-15-15, 05:06 AM
80 fabrics is huge, really huuuge! Sorry too much Trump, I couldn't resist.

mreames
10-15-15, 05:08 AM
That is very little, especially given all the items we put in building this orphanage ��

I expect more will come of this event. Every dialog is about getting the orphanage house ready for an event. Even the final step describes getting it ready for an event. Now, if it isn't continued, I'll be among the first to say I'm extremely disappointed to the point of never doing it again.

mreames
10-15-15, 05:11 AM
I'm a bit confused :confused:

The game says that this step (Creepy Crafting) is not compulsory but will help us get ahead - So that's wrong, it is compulsory?

And Page 1 says there's a 24-hour time limit - that's wrong too now? There's no time limit??

Sorry, I'm a bit behind :p

S8 changed it due to an unforeseen problem. See S8 clarification at top of post #2.

mreames
10-15-15, 05:18 AM
In my kingdom, old Thomas has never dropped fabric at any level including 5. Fabric can be collected from ivy's hut after the prerequisite is met.

maybe you can also fix that we get the spooky fabric from old thomas' house after upgrading the orphanage to level 4 instead of level 5 as we need them to upgrade to level 5 and after that they are useless?

also drop spooky paper from old thomas' house when needed to upgrade the orphanage pls.

and maybe you could change the option for crafting spooky paper into spooky fabric too in the workshops?

anissada
10-15-15, 06:01 AM
Neighbours of Tintagel Too please don't send requests my phone is busted and I can't access my game so I can't respond to them. Sob sob. Off to see if I can get it fixed. Fatsopolis is happy to receive requests.

pls check your PM :)

kingdomgirl1234
10-15-15, 06:53 AM
pls check your PM :)

Not sure what my PM is? But I have solved the problem of a broken phone. No not fixed but just discovered I can play both my games on the same device... So happy and I got a living wood from the barons tent wow things are looking up.

kingdomgirl1234
10-15-15, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=anissada;1189850]pls check your PM :)[/QUOTE
Thanks Anissada, took me a while to work out what PM meant :) playing both my games on my iPad is working great. Might continue to do so even when I get my replacement phone as the screen is a lot bigger.

valmommy
10-15-15, 08:36 AM

Mine does this too while I'm on wifi. Glad it's not just me. It happens about once every 4-5 times when I'm trying to open my game.

midgetsocks
10-15-15, 09:17 AM
Still doing the spooky fabric dance :cool: up to 26 now... Would've loved to be able to craft it with special Halloween dye and wool....just sayin'!

midgetsocks
10-15-15, 09:27 AM
Same here!! I have to close it then open it up again, thought it was just mine. I worry for the children, and baby piggy. I think there's a horrible wolf on the loose, descending in deep gray fog.. I wonder where the orphans are? I never see them but I'm told they live in my Queendom. Faceless, invisible children strutting around, in danger. Spooky indeed.

crystalrayn3
10-15-15, 09:53 AM
Finished upgrading the Orphanage to level 5 & received 5 Dirt Puddings. Wonder what next week's update will bring?

camber16
10-15-15, 11:02 AM

Whoooooooooooooooooooo...

Lol.

As long as its not the start of the zombie apocalypse...

spoiledrotten2020
10-15-15, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=anissada;1189850]pls check your PM :)[/QUOTE
Thanks Anissada, took me a while to work out what PM meant :) playing both my games on my iPad is working great. Might continue to do so even when I get my replacement phone as the screen is a lot bigger.

I know this is off topic, so... if you click on my username (spoiledrotten2020) to the left of this post, and go to "private message (pm)", I would really like to know how you play two kingdoms on one device. Thanks!

meme1098
10-15-15, 12:37 PM
I know this is off topic, so... if you click on my username (spoiledrotten2020) to the left of this post, and go to "private message (pm)", I would really like to know how you play two kingdoms on one device. Thanks!

I sent you a PM but it's no secret there's a login feature....just not in CS.

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 01:57 PM
So I am doing my best to be a good sport about getting "tricked" today with the cabbage building. (Though the way it was presented really does stink, just as the dialog said the cabbage building stinks) It's my own fault really, I know better than to click without reading and coming to the forums and I did it anyway.

However I'm not happy about the "trick" of having to give all those feasts and do all those tedious collections for a building that is basically useless (coins only? Seriously?) Add to that, it is IMO, very unattractive and cluttered at level 5. As a treat, I'd like the option to downgrade it back to level 3.

Can any mods or staff please let us know if this is all there is? I can't imagine that all we get is 5 puddings with no use, so there HAS to be more coming. Right?

vednir
10-15-15, 02:12 PM
So I am doing my best to be a good sport about getting "tricked" today with the cabbage building. (Though the way it was presented really does stink, just as the dialog said the cabbage building stinks) It's my own fault really, I know better than to click without reading and coming to the forums and I did it anyway.

However I'm not happy about the "trick" of having to give all those feasts and do all those tedious collections for a building that is basically useless (coins only? Seriously?) Add to that, it is IMO, very unattractive and cluttered at level 5. As a treat, I'd like the option to downgrade it back to level 3.

Can any mods or staff please let us know if this is all there is? I can't imagine that all we get is 5 puddings with no use, so there HAS to be more coming. Right?

Patience? October is only half over. There's over 2 weeks until Halloween.

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 02:40 PM

Patience? Why didn't I think of that? Although my family does tell me it's not one of my stronger virtues. ;) I was just wondering, since whatever it is will more than likely be timed.

meme1098
10-15-15, 02:47 PM
Patience? Why didn't I think of that? Although my family does tell me it's not one of my stronger virtues. ;) I was just wondering, since whatever it is will more than likely be timed.

I'm just hoping it won't be another community event. I've come to loathe those things since pretty much everything has just been decor lately.

zaccy678
10-15-15, 03:04 PM
S8 changed it due to an unforeseen problem. See S8 clarification at top of post #2.

Thanks. I have to say that post isn't particularly clearly written.

'You must now complete Creepy Crafting to progress' would have been clearer!

Cos it still says this in the game:

riverly
10-15-15, 05:58 PM
Please please please no community event.

PrincessCupOButter
10-15-15, 08:08 PM
I'm just hoping it won't be another community event. I've come to loathe those things since pretty much everything has just been decor lately.

Agreed!

anurulz
10-15-15, 09:26 PM

Ugh!! I hate patience..it slows everything down..

riverly
10-17-15, 11:25 AM
Snoozezzzzzzzzz. Not much going on here.

spchstew
10-17-15, 12:34 PM
Snoozezzzzzzzzz. Not much going on here.
Glad To see I am not the only one snoozing out due to lack of CS activities. Bring on the Halloween Jam Quest!!

QueenCarolyn
10-17-15, 02:47 PM
I finally got 68 spooky fabrics and 98 orange dyes. I would much rather have had several mini goals than one big 80 fabric goal.

MsMelanieMonster
10-17-15, 04:03 PM
Page 1 says this event ends 11/02. Will the next update take us to a holiday event with gifts for the children or something Thanksgiving related?
The orphanage was a lot of work to not drop special items. Hoping it will drop something that will help in the long run!

riverly
10-17-15, 04:35 PM
If not there will be a lot of rotten cabbages hitting the fan.

riverly
10-17-15, 04:39 PM
Seriously though, if lower level players need the extra time I don't mind waiting a bit.

BahSunFarms
10-17-15, 07:11 PM
...and we DO need the time. LOL :) Making all those feasts were a real challenge but I'm glad I didn't quit.
I just got 65 spooky paper and upgraded my orphanage to level 4. I'm gonna use this post as a marker to see how long it will take me to reach level 5.

I feel like the level 5 Orphanage will have valuable drops or another mini event around Halloween so I'm really pushing to be finished before the Thursday before Halloween lol (hope that makes sense).

riverly
10-17-15, 09:21 PM
Good luck!! I have enough to finish this goal but I haven't done it yet. I see no use for the dirt puddings right now.

PrincessCupOButter
10-18-15, 12:00 PM
Good luck!! I have enough to finish this goal but I haven't done it yet. I see no use for the dirt puddings right now.

I went ahead and leveled up Thursday, thinking that it would need to be level 5 to continue. Instead we got a "smelly cabbage" trick! :D
I'm sorry I did, since I can't stand the way the orphanage looks at level 5. Obviously, I need to learn to be patient :rolleyes:
Anyway, The level 5 orphanage is patiently waiting in the cellar with the 5 puddings, until something more comes along. (Maybe this week.)

mreames
10-18-15, 12:40 PM
There are still 2 Thursdays before Halloween so it could be this week or even next week but I certainly hope there is more to come! They sure made it sound like it in the dialog.

I went ahead and leveled up Thursday, thinking that it would need to be level 5 to continue. Instead we got a "smelly cabbage" trick! :D
I'm sorry I did, since I can't stand the way the orphanage looks at level 5. Obviously, I need to learn to be patient :rolleyes:
Anyway, The level 5 orphanage is patiently waiting in the cellar with the 5 puddings, until something more comes along. (Maybe this week.)

riverly
10-18-15, 01:03 PM
I'll probably build to level 5. I think it will look okay in my Halloween"corner". Well...we had the trick so there better be a treat.

raghadd1
10-18-15, 01:41 PM
Hi following are last step reward pic
And

carwhite
10-18-15, 03:59 PM
How has everyone made the paper & fabric already? It is taking me forever. Is there a secret?

riverly
10-18-15, 04:37 PM
I set a timer on the days I didn't have to work.(for the orphanage collections)

jaymieb2
10-18-15, 07:46 PM
I have 60 Spooky paper... have not started the fabric yet.

During the event, I finished Sir Daisy. And now I can focus more on Sister Sister and the Fairy Workshop.

Finally broke down and bought a second kitchen or I would still be making feasts! Glad that part is over!

Am thinking about buying Ivy's Bakery... thoughts?

anissada
10-19-15, 01:51 AM
I have 60 Spooky paper... have not started the fabric yet.

During the event, I finished Sir Daisy. And now I can focus more on Sister Sister and the Fairy Workshop.

Finally broke down and bought a second kitchen or I would still be making feasts! Glad that part is over!

Am thinking about buying Ivy's Bakery... thoughts?

you can not choose what you make from ivy's bakery.
it just gives random things, like sugar and skunkypie, somewhere there is a list of drops i think.
(once a day)

anissada
10-19-15, 01:54 AM
still waiting for an answer on this one :(, any S8/TL want to clear this up?

anissada
10-19-15, 01:56 AM
In my kingdom, old Thomas has never dropped fabric at any level including 5. Fabric can be collected from ivy's hut after the prerequisite is met.

but that is at a point in the goal we do not need it anymore... so a big bug?

SpiritWind00
10-19-15, 03:04 AM
still waiting for an answer on this one :(, any S8/TL want to clear this up?

There are no bugs in the goal now. All that happened was that some drops should have ceased when a step was complete, but the off switch wasn't turned off. So, we have a couple of souvenirs;)

Collecting 80 times is huge huge huge!! and we have been given 3 weeks to complete this before the next part, which I'm assuming may be this week, but may even be the following week. (I haven't checked with Pika yet.)

Spooky fabric was never programmed for Old Thomas, only blueprints. The goals are set and are very unlikely to change. They are challenging for sure, but not impossible. It would be good if fabric dropped from more places than the orphanage and Ivy's Hut, but it unfortunately doesn't. Let me know if you have any more questions! :)

anissada
10-19-15, 05:52 AM
There are no bugs in the goal now. All that happened was that some drops should have ceased when a step was complete, but the off switch wasn't turned off. So, we have a couple of souvenirs;)

Collecting 80 times is huge huge huge!! and we have been given 3 weeks to complete this before the next part, which I'm assuming may be this week, but may even be the following week. (I haven't checked with Pika yet.)

Spooky fabric was never programmed for Old Thomas, only blueprints. The goals are set and are very unlikely to change. They are challenging for sure, but not impossible. It would be good if fabric dropped from more places than the orphanage and Ivy's Hut, but it unfortunately doesn't. Let me know if you have any more questions! :)

one time.. some days ago i noticed spooky fabric dropping from the vinary... very strange,, was a one off too

jdygmgi
10-19-15, 06:55 AM
So, we have a couple of souvenirs

Well, I have in my Inventory 32 blueprints and 2 spooky papers. I know some players are even maxed on both...

(I haven't checked with Pika yet.)

Would be great if you could also check for some compensation such an Energy Crate and not a 10's one ;) Thanks in advance.

BTW, mostly deco prizes for this Halloween would definitely be the last ones for many players. Just FYI :*

ginerp
10-19-15, 07:41 AM
I've read this whole thread but don't recall seeing a picture of the level 5 orphanage. Can someone point me to it?

mreames
10-19-15, 09:25 AM

Finally, another week later, finished on 2nd acct. :)

stargaze91
10-19-15, 09:25 AM
I've read this whole thread but don't recall seeing a picture of the level 5 orphanage. Can someone point me to it?

AnniePMH has posted a pic of the level 5 orphanage in post #171

stargaze91
10-19-15, 09:26 AM
Finally, another week later, finished on 2nd acct. :)

Congrats :) I'm still collecting fabrics.. I'll be done with the upgrade tomorrow

mreames
10-19-15, 09:31 AM
Thanks, it's great to get it over. I'm sure you'll feel the same way. :) I don't mind doing two accounts when I can collect at the same time but this was a ****er when the 2nd account had to do so much before I could even start collecting on it.
....and there's still two weeks to go. Lol

Congrats :) I'm still collecting fabrics.. I'll be done with the upgrade tomorrow

ShibuyaCloth
10-19-15, 09:46 AM
For those interested. The 5 levels of the building:
L1: http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb446000.png_2v_31020.png
L2: http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb446001.png_2v_31020.png
L3: http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb446002.png_2v_31020.png
L4: http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb446003.png_2v_31020.png
L5: http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb446004.png_2v_31020.png

jaymieb2
10-19-15, 10:45 AM
you can not choose what you make from ivy's bakery.
it just gives random things, like sugar and skunkypie, somewhere there is a list of drops i think.
(once a day)

More sugar? Gah! I am constantly maxed on sugar! I heard it drops cake sometimes, though... I have 292 gems, and I want to spend it before I hit a trap! Read Ivy's Bakery is better than the Harvest Pergola. I generally have enough energy... Knight's Hall? Ivy's Bakery? Wait (and risk gem traps)? :-)

Thank you! :-)

mreames
10-19-15, 11:24 AM
I think the Knights Hall is a reward, not purchasable, unless it's changed. I like ivy's bakery best when it drops silver platters or ivy's hot sauce or syrup. It can drop cake, orange cobbler and apple pie among other things. Overall I like it better than the pergola for consistency. However the pergola occasionally, rarely, drops complete simple and hearty feasts.

More sugar? Gah! I am constantly maxed on sugar! I heard it drops cake sometimes, though... I have 292 gems, and I want to spend it before I hit a trap! Read Ivy's Bakery is better than the Harvest Pergola. I generally have enough energy... Knight's Hall? Ivy's Bakery? Wait (and risk gem traps)? :-)

Thank you! :-)

Liloze
10-19-15, 12:38 PM
Ok what does this orphange drop aside from coins + xp ? I collected from it like 7 times now and got no drops!
If this is the case....:rolleyes: I think soon I will quit CS....and it is not Animated!

mreames
10-19-15, 01:10 PM
It doesn't drop anything else at the moment but I think most of us believe there is more to come. The dialog makes it sound like we've been getting it ready for a Halloween event. Hopefully there will be something new to it this week or next week at the latest.

Ok what does this orphange drop aside from coins + xp ? I collected from it like 7 times now and got no drops!
If this is the case....:rolleyes: I think soon I will quit CS....and it is not Animated!

jaymieb2
10-19-15, 01:49 PM
Thank you, mreames! Much appreciated!

Jaymie :-)

Liloze
10-19-15, 02:09 PM
It doesn't drop anything else at the moment but I think most of us believe there is more to come. The dialog makes it sound like we've been getting it ready for a Halloween event. Hopefully there will be something new to it this week or next week at the latest.

Hey Mreames :)

Thanks for the answer, I was about to put it in storage.
So these 5 treats we received at the end of this goal must have something to do with the comming event I guess.
Still the building isn't animated :( lol ;)
I miss new animated buildings! I used to get so excited about them! sigh...

Wonkaland99
10-19-15, 02:27 PM
I just hope the next event does not need the orphanage to be level 5 already. I will need all the remaining time to get there.

mreames
10-19-15, 04:26 PM
I just hope the next event does not need the orphanage to be level 5 already. I will need all the remaining time to get there.

Where do you stand right now? I didn't do it that much but every once in a while, if I caught the orphanage between 26 minutes and 30 minutes until collection time, I spent 1 gem to hurry it up.

sail147
10-19-15, 07:20 PM
I finally finished Orphan Treats and have the orphanage upgraded to level five, however I never got the final step to visit Ivy's kitchen. I have forced closed the game, my iPad, everything and nothing has given me the final step.

stargaze91
10-19-15, 08:08 PM
I finally finished Orphan Treats and have the orphanage upgraded to level five, however I never got the final step to visit Ivy's kitchen. I have forced closed the game, my iPad, everything and nothing has given me the final step.

Did you complete fabric financing ? ( collecting from horses) ..collect from ivy's hut follows that goal ..and it triggers spooky fabric from ivys hut, which is an additional source of spooky fabric 'before' upgrading to level 5 .as far as I know,nothing drops spooky fabric after upgrading to level 5

mreames
10-19-15, 08:21 PM

If you were getting fabric from Ivy, you already completed it. It would've been in conjunction with the previous steps, not after it. If you never got fabric from Ivy's Hut, then it's basically a moot point now, since you've already upgraded to 5.

sail147
10-19-15, 08:34 PM
If you were getting fabric from Ivy, you already completed it. It would've been in conjunction with the previous steps, not after it. If you never got fabric from Ivy's Hut, then it's basically a moot point now, since you've already upgraded to 5.

I don't think I ever got fabric from Ivy, but I guess I am done for now. I did finish collecting from the horses. Next time I will pay more attention to the goals

Wonkaland99
10-20-15, 01:11 AM
Where do you stand right now? I didn't do it that much but every once in a while, if I caught the orphanage between 26 minutes and 30 minutes until collection time, I spent 1 gem to hurry it up.

I have just over 40 paper, so another 2 or 3 days for level 4. then perhaps 10 days for the fabric.

ginerp
10-20-15, 05:13 AM
Thank you ShibuyaCloth!

ashliejb
10-20-15, 10:32 AM
Help.

I'm doing the craft sheets for the orphanage. I only have 4. 4! It says you can craft them but there's no crafting sheets in any of my craft workshops. The only way to get them is orphanage drop. I have 4 out of 55. Is there any other way to get these?

Also, is the bat no longer able to be gotten from adventures? I've done the adventure every day since the update happened and it never gave me a bat. Is it just a gem purchase now bc they didn't give me one for all of those quests?

midgetsocks
10-20-15, 10:49 AM
64 Spooky Fabrics, I'm set to be on track for possible update this Thursday *crossing fingers in pain*

meme1098
10-20-15, 10:55 AM
Help.

I'm doing the craft sheets for the orphanage. I only have 4. 4! It says you can craft them but there's no crafting sheets in any of my craft workshops. The only way to get them is orphanage drop. I have 4 out of 55. Is there any other way to get these?

Also, is the bat no longer able to be gotten from adventures? I've done the adventure every day since the update happened and it never gave me a bat. Is it just a gem purchase now bc they didn't give me one for all of those quests?

You have to actually have the goal to craft before they become available to do so in the workshop.

Re: the Glimmerbat Habitat
That goal has expired. The only way to finish now is with gems...sorry. Funny that the thread doesn't even list the actual time frame and when it expires.

ashliejb
10-20-15, 11:21 AM
You have to actually have the goal to craft before they become available to do so in the workshop.

Re: the Glimmerbat Habitat
That goal has expired. The only way to finish now is with gems...sorry. Funny that the thread doesn't even list the actual time frame and when it expires.

Thanks for the reply. I finished the goal on time so there shouldn't have been a reason for not getting the bat. That's so frustrating. I've gone on the adventures about 5 times now at least.

The goal...I had the pop up show up that told me about needing craft paper and to update the orphanage. Is there another pop up I should be waiting for? The orphanage is giving me crafting paper. Thomas is giving me nothing. I already finished the blue prints goal

mreames
10-20-15, 11:47 AM
Do you have a goal called "Spooky paper crafting" in your book?

Thanks for the reply. I finished the goal on time so there shouldn't have been a reason for not getting the bat. That's so frustrating. I've gone on the adventures about 5 times now at least.

The goal...I had the pop up show up that told me about needing craft paper and to update the orphanage. Is there another pop up I should be waiting for? The orphanage is giving me crafting paper. Thomas is giving me nothing. I already finished the blue prints goal

stargaze91
10-20-15, 01:17 PM
I finished the goal on time so there shouldn't have been a reason for not getting the bat. That's so frustrating. I've gone on the adventures about 5 times now at least.

Have you checked your inventory? I didn't see the bat drop from the ancient vault adventure..it went directly to my inventory

CharmOfLea
10-21-15, 09:57 PM
Alright, guys, what now? Orphanage is at level 5, and all I hear is crickets. Anybody who experienced last year's Halloween at the Castle must be bumped. That's how I feel as well. Just came in to say, I'm still hopeful S8 can turn this around. ;) Despite the crickets.

mreames
10-21-15, 10:11 PM
The crickets may not be quite as silent as we thought. Lol am I the only one to think the "Part 1" part of the title was just recently added? Lol would suggest Part 2 is close by. ;) (yes, I see Sourp4tch last edited post #1 yesterday. ;) )

Alright, guys, what now? Orphanage is at level 5, and all I hear is crickets. Anybody who experienced last year's Halloween at the Castle must be bumped. That's how I feel as well. Just came in to say, I'm still hopeful S8 can turn this around. ;) Despite the crickets.

mikado86
10-22-15, 12:33 AM

you mysteriously get some 5 useless (as by now) items at the very end when upgrading to lvl 5, also lvl 5 does not drop anything else now, why? when the past two (orchard and horse track) event buildings continue to drop more than just coins, so If I were you id put some alarms in your phone to be able to upgrade your building faster, im willing to bet the next upgrade will be today, it woulnt be very logical to wait another 7 days when theres only like 5 days on the timer

all that said, the lvl 5 building looks very busy, maybe thats it.

stargaze91
10-22-15, 01:22 AM
The crickets may not be quite as silent as we thought. Lol am I the only one to think the "Part 1" part of the title was just recently added? Lol would suggest Part 2 is close by. ;) (yes, I see Sourp4tch last edited post #1 yesterday. ;) )

I realised that part 1 has been added to the title only after reading your post :D hope part 2 does not require more hourly collection of spooky stuff from the orphanage...:rolleyes:

aardvark2000
10-22-15, 03:28 AM
That's right, I was also rather disappointed when the completed orphanage didn't drop anything other than a small amount of coins. Who knows, maybe we'll get to complete the second stage of it in time for Christmas.

Then again. Upgrading the jousting arena didn't do us any good - it used to drop cool stuff, now all we get is money, plus skunkupines during the monster hunting season...

belbar22
10-22-15, 04:16 AM
I have a dilemma. On my main account I have enough resources to upgrade to level 5 but don't really like the look of level 5. However don't want to miss out an anything cool so wonder if I should,do it anyway.

On my other account I still need 60 fabrics. I could make a bigger effort to collect more regularly but am I so far behind maybe it doesn't matter anyway.

mreames
10-22-15, 05:12 AM
On the one that you have everything, you could wait to find out what's next. On the other one, I'd start going faster. Lol

I have a dilemma. On my main account I have enough resources to upgrade to level 5 but don't really like the look of level 5. However don't want to miss out an anything cool so wonder if I should,do it anyway.

On my other account I still need 60 fabrics. I could make a bigger effort to collect more regularly but am I so far behind maybe it doesn't matter anyway.

mreames
10-22-15, 05:15 AM
The arena still drops armor and long swords at about the same rate as it always did for me. ;)
I'm not assuming that the orphanage will be the best thing from Halloween. It could be like the haunted house was compared to the cauldron. Only time will tell.

That's right, I was also rather disappointed when the completed orphanage didn't drop anything other than a small amount of coins. Who knows, maybe we'll get to complete the second stage of it in time for Christmas.

Then again. Upgrading the jousting arena didn't do us any good - it used to drop cool stuff, now all we get is money, plus skunkupines during the monster hunting season...

mreames
10-22-15, 05:16 AM
I realised that part 1 has been added to the title only after reading your post :D hope part 2 does not require more hourly collection of spooky stuff from the orphanage...:rolleyes:
Me too!! Especially after doing it on 2 accounts. Lol

belbar22
10-22-15, 07:52 AM
On the one that you have everything, you could wait to find out what's next. On the other one, I'd start going faster. Lol

Cheers for that really helpful suggestion. LOl :) The problem on my other account is that whist my phone is permanently glued to my hand so I can play CS and DS and check facebook incessantly, my iPad is at home. Now going to set myself a little alarm on my iPad to speed things along a bit. Orphanage Level 5, I am coming to get you on my iPad.

stargaze91
10-22-15, 08:06 AM
Cheers for that really helpful suggestion. LOl :) The problem on my other account is that whist my phone is permanently glued to my hand so I can play CS and DS and check facebook incessantly, my iPad is at home. Now going to set myself a little alarm on my iPad to speed things along a bit. Orphanage Level 5, I am coming to get you on my iPad.

Just a suggestion..since you have access to your phone all the time, why not play your second account in your phone too ,for a while. When you don't have access to your iPad that is..you can use the login feature in other s8 games. That way you can upgrade faster

belbar22
10-22-15, 08:12 AM
Just a suggestion..since you have access to your phone all the time, why not play your second account in your phone too ,for a while. When you don't have access to your iPad that is..you can use the login feature in other s8 games. That way you can upgrade faster

That is a great idea thanks but for some reason although all my other TL games transfer across when I log into other accounts, CS doesn't. Never got round to contacting TL about it but actually I think I will do that right now.

kimberly0822
10-22-15, 08:36 AM
How do you do that? DidnT know that was possible

riverly
10-22-15, 08:53 AM
I have a nagging feeling the update will be a community event. I hope I'm wrong.

ladyperidot
10-22-15, 09:17 AM
I have a nagging feeling the update will be a community event. I hope I'm wrong.

As long as it doesn't involve ... Candy corn!

stargaze91
10-22-15, 09:18 AM
That is a great idea thanks but for some reason although all my other TL games transfer across when I log into other accounts, CS doesn't. Never got round to contacting TL about it but actually I think I will do that right now.

May sound stupid. But did you force close CS before logging in? I did'nt force close once, and my second account did'nt transfer that time. good luck :)

stargaze91
10-22-15, 09:25 AM

You can use multiple accounts on the same device ,if you have ID and password for them..You can use the login feature in other S8 games..I use hungry babies,but it is also available in BS,RS 2 etc..details are available in the hub :)

mreames
10-22-15, 09:27 AM

My main thing is I hope the reward is worth it, no matter how we get there.

meme1098
10-22-15, 09:30 AM

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

I use it practically every day to send requests or gifts between accounts.

As stated, though, be sure to force close Castle Story or you'll be playing the same game not the one you log into.

stargaze91
10-22-15, 09:32 AM

I guess they don't have a smiley for freaking out lol;) ..yikeees...

meme1098
10-22-15, 09:34 AM

I guess they don't have a smiley for freaking out lol;) ..yikeees...

Not a fan anymore either. The last few were so tedious for such poor rewards.

vednir
10-22-15, 09:36 AM
Tedium abounds all around, from the 16 hour timer for spooky paper crafting to the inability to get spooky fabric from any source besides returning hourly to the orphanage to click it and the drop from Ivy's Hut. Clearly the corporate mandate has been given to force players to interact with the games more frequently, or else. The more you click, the more chances you have at clicking a gem trap after all.

riverly
10-22-15, 10:07 AM
As long as it doesn't involve ... Candy corn!i was thinking the same thing😕😕. We will have to wait and see. Pure speculation at this point.

ait_vedan
10-22-15, 11:01 AM
I'm still short of 10 fabrics, but I hope the update today will be worth all the effort for, I didn't get the cauldron last year, I was too inexperienced then, as I just started playing CS. Since then I got every event done, but the hourly tapping is a challenge.
So, does anybody know what time the updates usually are?

burritosprings
10-22-15, 11:04 AM
I'm still short of 10 fabrics, but I hope the update today will be worth all the effort for, I didn't get the cauldron last year, I was too inexperienced then, as I just started playing CS. Since then I got every event done, but the hourly tapping is a challenge.
So, does anybody know what time the updates usually are?

12pm pacific. 3 pm eastern

ait_vedan
10-22-15, 11:09 AM
12pm pacific. 3 pm eastern

So that's in about an hour ��

midgetsocks
10-22-15, 11:44 AM
Still waiting..wondering if there's any benefit to upgrading to 5:rolleyes:....................

MiniLaura
10-22-15, 12:08 PM
Still waiting..wondering if there's any benefit to upgrading to 5:rolleyes:....................

Yep, starting today, the orphanage will drop items to make dirt pudding if upgraded to level 5.

meme1098
10-22-15, 12:08 PM
Collecting cookies & gummy worms to make dirt pudding. So far no community event (fingers crossed)

Dirt pudding:
25 cookies
25 gummy worms
2 sugar

mreames
10-22-15, 12:10 PM
Yep, starting today, the orphanage will drop items to make dirt pudding if upgraded to level 5.

It gave me 3 chocolate cookies and 3 gummy worms in one collection.

meme1098
10-22-15, 12:11 PM

Same here...pretty quickly past 1st goal.

Seems the other sources give 1, at least for me, really didn't look that closely however. Don't know about the adventure but would hope it's along the same lines as the orphanage. Hopefully it gives 5 or more of each though.

badbunny42
10-22-15, 12:12 PM
Why is the thread for today's update closed?

meme1098
10-22-15, 12:13 PM
Why is the thread for today's update closed?

S8's slow ...maybe still at lunch...lol

Last week it took almost an hour for it to be opened if I remember correctly.

MiniLaura
10-22-15, 12:14 PM

Seems the other sources give 1, at least for me. Don't know about the adventure but would hope it's along the same lines as the orphanage. Hopefully it gives 5 or more of each though.

I got 4 worms from Ivy, and 1 cookie from Old Thomas. Hopefully Ivy will tend to give more because of the longer collection time.

mreames
10-22-15, 12:14 PM
Ivy's Hut gave me 4 gummy worms.

Seems the other sources give 1, at least for me. Don't know about the adventure but would hope it's along the same lines as the orphanage. Hopefully it gives 5 or more of each though.

nikkimommy2014
10-22-15, 12:16 PM
What's the level 5 orphanage giving? Just cookies or gummy worms too?

vednir
10-22-15, 12:16 PM
I guess there's going to be more mad clicking for this week's event since 25 of each are required for the dirt puddings. Those of us who haven't gotten our 80 fabrics best hurry.

midgetsocks
10-22-15, 12:17 PM
I got 4 worms from Ivy, and 1 cookie from Old Thomas. Hopefully Ivy will tend to give more because of the longer collection time.

Same numbers here!

meme1098
10-22-15, 12:17 PM
What's that pond pic to the right of Ivy's dialogue in the goal window?

It has colored rocks or something in it.

midgetsocks
10-22-15, 12:18 PM

Ooh nice. I'm going for it then:cool:

belbar22
10-22-15, 12:21 PM
May sound stupid. But did you force close CS before logging in? I did'nt force close once, and my second account did'nt transfer that time. good luck :)

OMG you are a genius. I never tried force closing before. It worked. I have had this problem for about 2 years. Thank you so much. I love this forum.