PDA

View Full Version : Question for the techies :)

sweetdeda
10-01-15, 03:35 AM
What would cause me to get the "this game is an online game check your connection" warning on both devices when I clearly have a connection as I'm on here posting? I have only been able to get on the game briefly this morning yet am able to be online.

ogreve
10-01-15, 04:01 AM
At times I have the very same situation.
It is normally caused when I'm behind an internet connection that is either slow or flaky, or both.
FFS (as well as all (?) other S8 games) consults the servers for just about everything you do. Though I can't know how much data is being pulled in, nor do I know the specifics of their checking logic that determines whether it thinks you're online or not, it is most likely the case that the application doesn't "timely" receive the data it expects (which can be as simple as a so-called "heartbeat" check, that is too slow to respond).
Aborted or 'stuttering' connections along the line can also cause this (again, depending on how the app handles them).
Your webbrowser tends to be pretty "forgiving" in this respect, and that doesn't time out quickly.
When you experience the issues, it is likely that your webbrowser is also not very quick to respond to your browsing activity. Is such the case for you, or does the browsing go 'snappy' whereas FFS keeps telling you that it is not online?
I also found that it sometimes helps to switch off the wifi on your device and then switch it back on. This doesn't alleviate "internet slowness" of course, but it can at times help in clearing out so-called "stale state" on your device.

I hope this clarifies it a bit, and that it is a recognisable situation?
Olafo

sweetdeda
10-01-15, 04:35 AM
I have tried to turn wifi on and off on both devices. I have even reset my home wifi. I haven't noticed sluggishness with my browser. And I am able to get on FS2. I keep trying and still not able to get on the game. I will try once I get to work to see if the wifi is any better. Thanks Olafo, your post are always very informative and appreciate the time you spend to help us all understand.

kooky panda
10-01-15, 09:47 AM
Try going to settings -safari- and clear out data, then restart your device.

+++Moved to Bug Forum++