PDA

View Full Version : TV icon when planting crops? (IOS)

jim23cash
09-29-15, 10:37 PM
Is there a thread that explains the little TV icon on the farms next to the time for the crop planted? I had a crop of Rushrooms, and pressed it to see what happened. It said one hour. When I hit it, it took me to a video of a game. When the video ended, my crop was done, early.
Does the "1 hour" mean I can use it for a one hour crop? Or I can do it once an hour?
Does anyone have any info about this?
Thank you, Annie :D

It's not device dependent, but the feature is not currently available to everyone yet. We're still working to make improvements and will be rolling out the feature to everyone when we're sure it's ready. :)

roguebee
09-30-15, 08:01 AM
You must have some special beta edition. My game doesn't have that option.

owa411
09-30-15, 08:04 AM
Have it too. Comes with the new update i guess...

kirby52
09-30-15, 08:08 AM
Yes..this came with update and if you watch the videos, you get rewards..i first got crops three times for watching 3 videos..then a timer for 24 hr countdown came on , so i guess it will be that amount of time before there is something else..

cocauina
09-30-15, 08:14 AM
In Farm Story 2 and Restaurant Story 2, if you watch a video your reward is a gem. About DS, I saw the update yesterday, but still didn't updated it.

orleansparish
09-30-15, 08:57 AM
This came with the new iOS update. It also said we will have a new dragon type. Amongst a couple other things. Can't wait to see what the black cat battle dragon will look like! I'm still in love with nightmare! I need to get him to epic as soon as I can.

owa411
09-30-15, 09:09 AM
Ok, tried it and it substracts an hour from waiting time

belarica
09-30-15, 11:06 AM
I watched 3 videos and got 3 pieces of gold

harobeda
09-30-15, 05:14 PM

As said above it reduces wait time by an hour. Best use would be Rushrooms (1hour crop) because it's used up in an upgrapes (10 minute crop but uses an entire ad). Limited use per day. Resets every 23 hours.

farmday0123
09-30-15, 07:12 PM
If u guys click in breeding den watching movies it give 1 hour off , i likeit better than give apples

belarica
09-30-15, 07:49 PM
I wonder why I got a gold per video instead of everyone else getting sped up crops???

belarica
09-30-15, 07:50 PM
Oh I think it's because I clicked free gift on the side instead

PepperWoo
09-30-15, 08:48 PM
I just updated to DS version 2.3.1 but haven't gotten this offer. Hmm what gives?

cazile81
09-30-15, 09:27 PM
I got 3 gold for watching 3 videos just like on Restaurant Story etc. I also had the option to reduce crops by an hour too but I prefer the gold. Also, it says it'll be ready with more videos in 24 hrs.

sam204
10-01-15, 02:27 AM
I just updated to DS version 2.3.1 but haven't gotten this offer. Hmm what gives?

Even I updated latest one but I didn't get ! Is it under Beta Test , so that only some players get it ?

kooky panda
10-01-15, 10:16 AM
When you hit the plant button to plant a crop, if you have the feature, the little TV icon pops up next to the timer at the bottom of the screen.

belarica
10-01-15, 10:47 AM
The tv showed up again, I watched 3 videos for 3 gold again

Xyn25
10-01-15, 01:26 PM
I hope this feature becomes available for android. I could really use some extra gold!

lindseyny
10-01-15, 01:50 PM

I updated and I haven't seen this yet either.

pernmagic
10-01-15, 02:16 PM
I've just updated and I have the TV icon and its speeded up crops by an hour for each video ....... Will see what happens after next 23 hours which came up onscreen

roguebee
10-01-15, 06:50 PM

Strangely enough, I have it on the iPhone but not the iPad. My option is the shorten a wait by one hour. Used it to speed up a nest and a quest. I guess that's that same as not having to spend a gold.

DeeDe99
10-01-15, 07:07 PM
Strangely enough, I have it on the iPhone but not the iPad. My option is the shorten a wait by one hour. Used it to speed up a nest and a quest. I guess that's that same as not having to spend a gold.

Not on my iPad either. Don't know about phones, my phone is Android.

TwiWoods
10-01-15, 07:15 PM
This is on my level 138 account but not on my level 98 one. Very convenient, I used it to speed up my healing spring - 1 hour less for each video. I get 3 videos every 24hours.

sam204
10-01-15, 07:53 PM
Even I updated latest one but I didn't get ! Is it under Beta Test , so that only some players get it ?

Yesterday it was not there but suddenly it appeared today ! I have to get familiarised with this ! got 100 Apples each for watching Video !

Lasyndw
10-01-15, 09:36 PM
I got the video icon for quests...3 hour quest still has 2:55:00 left to it....I think it has bugs in it cuz it would reduce by an hour then if I clicked off the outpost the time would readd itself back on ������

D_Raho
10-02-15, 12:46 AM
I don't have the speed up option on anything, yet. Just the ability to watch videos for 100 apples three times a day. Meh.

DeeDe99
10-02-15, 12:50 AM
Nothing yet on my iPad, and the day ticked over a little while ago - may be a geographically based roll-out.

stefen35
10-02-15, 04:43 AM
yey I'm one of the beta test lol , NOTES: that button could reduce 1 hours of waiting time and could be used for harvesting,healing,breeding,etc

Sandybellee
10-02-15, 12:43 PM
I had the tv icons on the regular iOS version but I don't have them on the new Halloween version that I updated to this morning. Never got around to testing it. Oh well!

TwiWoods
10-02-15, 01:08 PM
I had the tv icons on the regular iOS version but I don't have them on the new Halloween version that I updated to this morning. Never got around to testing it. Oh well!

You can always go into the old one just to watch the videos and play on the new one if you have room for both apps - just make sure you close one before going into the other.

I really like the 'hour off' option I have, it's worth 5 gold when I use it for speeding my healing spring. An advantage during the tournament against these harder dragons.

DeeDe99
10-02-15, 01:55 PM
Still not on my iPad. Clearly, despite my eminently superior system testing s****s (or maybe because of), I'm excluded from the hallowed few.

*Stomps off in a huff to clean breeding nests*

roguebee
10-02-15, 02:35 PM
My iPad is still the same boat, no TV icon. I was sort of hoping that the new Halloween update would grant it to me. It's still there for the iPhone.

Sandybellee
10-03-15, 03:05 AM
You can always go into the old one just to watch the videos and play on the new one if you have room for both apps - just make sure you close one before going into the other.

I really like the 'hour off' option I have, it's worth 5 gold when I use it for speeding my healing spring. An advantage during the tournament against these harder dragons.

I deleted the original version after downloading Halloween so it may not even be there anymore. I don't really have the extra room to keep both on my phone at the moment.

DeeDe99
10-03-15, 03:16 AM
I have both versions on my iPad and it isn't on either of them. Pity - I could use it tonight.

Clark_Wayne
10-03-15, 02:50 PM
C H E A T E R S !
yesterday i watch their ads, i got the golds but today i watch 1 ads, got the gold but 2 sec later , they minus me the gold !
then again i watched 2 ads, got 2 golds then 2 sec later , they minus me 2 golds :mad:
i have been *****ed !

lindseyny
10-03-15, 03:11 PM
I still don't have this at all and I'm on an iPhone and an updated version of the game.

kooky panda
10-03-15, 04:00 PM
C H E A T E R S !
yesterday i watch their ads, i got the golds but today i watch 1 ads, got the gold but 2 sec later , they minus me the gold !
then again i watched 2 ads, got 2 golds then 2 sec later , they minus me 2 golds :mad:
i have been *****ed !
Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

I have not gotten any gold on Dragon for this feature only the credit of an hour off my crops.

Clark_Wayne
10-03-15, 07:37 PM

I have not gotten any gold on Dragon for this feature only the credit of an hour off my crops.

dear kooky
i gave up asking things to support longtime ago : they are always unable to fix those things . i will just stop watch their ads, anyway i never count on those free golds : better count on my neighbors and my treasure Dragons , more trustful ;)

farmday0123
10-04-15, 03:52 PM
Too many complaining now I don't see any bonus pop up my island, 😏

bythebeach1105
10-05-15, 05:30 AM
I got the video icon for quests...3 hour quest still has 2:55:00 left to it....I think it has bugs in it cuz it would reduce by an hour then if I clicked off the outpost the time would readd itself back on ������

Buggy at best. I experienced this same thing with the quests and the evolution temple. However, it seemed to work fine with crops and breeding den.

roguebee
10-05-15, 07:15 AM
They still need to work on it. I lost the option of the TV icon in the Halloween version (ios) but it is still there in the original version. When I tried to use it in the original version, it appeared to work (commercial played), an hour was taken off the quest, then the game reset and the hour was added back on. Tried again, same result. Oh, well. It was nice while it worked.

meoconlunar
10-05-15, 07:17 AM
They still need to work on it. I lost the option of the TV icon in the Halloween version (ios) but it is still there in the original version. When I tried to use it in the original version, it appeared to work (commercial played), an hour was taken off the quest, then the game reset and the hour was added back on. Tried again, same result. Oh, well. It was nice while it worked.

the same to me ....

mbyte68
10-05-15, 11:37 AM
my iphone struggling for space so playing haloween one , do miss the tv not being in this version thoughs oh well :)

FrozenTurtle
10-05-15, 01:28 PM

the same to me ....

Sorry to hear that! What are the Storm8 IDs of the affect accounts?

meoconlunar
10-05-15, 09:37 PM

my id is meoconlunar :)

Clark_Wayne
10-05-15, 10:31 PM

same for me !
either golds, quest, it does reset . i lost 4 golds and 1h quest

meoconlunar
10-07-15, 05:52 AM
my friend : id nadare_vn has the same problem with me

:(

bythebeach1105
10-07-15, 06:41 AM
This might be level specific. I have two accounts. My lower level account (24) has the TV icon and it works fine to reduce my wait time by 1 hour on crops, breeding. I've tried it on my other higher level account and it reduces the wait time by one hour but then resynchs with the server and I'm right back to the original time.

meoconlunar
10-07-15, 07:23 AM
please fix this problem :(

kooky panda
10-07-15, 10:46 AM
please fix this problem :(
This has been reported.

kooky panda
10-07-15, 11:27 AM
Sorry guys, but this is not a glitch or bug. You will need to go to the original version of the game for this feature.

HarleyQuinn28
10-13-15, 09:16 PM
Can we please get some confirmation that this only works on phones and not iPads? I have one account on each but only have the feature in my phone. A little off topic but then on CS it's reversed and I have videos on iPad and not on iPhone. This doesn't make any sense.

FrozenTurtle
10-14-15, 11:42 AM
Can we please get some confirmation that this only works on phones and not iPads? I have one account on each but only have the feature in my phone. A little off topic but then on CS it's reversed and I have videos on iPad and not on iPhone. This doesn't make any sense.

It's not device dependent, but the feature is not currently available to everyone yet. We're still working to make improvements and will be rolling out the feature to everyone when we're sure it's ready. :)

HarleyQuinn28
10-14-15, 01:43 PM

Oh ok. Thanks for your reply :)

random59
10-24-15, 06:30 PM
For the past 2 days I have been playing the advertising clips for new apps, get the gold and then it disappears, so I have lost 6 gold in 2 days. As I have stated in this forum that I do not receive regular gold sales I find this insulting. If you are going to give players gold, let them keep it!

kooky panda
10-25-15, 10:12 AM
For the past 2 days I have been playing the advertising clips for new apps, get the gold and then it disappears, so I have lost 6 gold in 2 days. As I have stated in this forum that I do not receive regular gold sales I find this insulting. If you are going to give players gold, let them keep it!

luckyaa7
10-26-15, 11:16 AM
The video is not loading today. Anybody have same issue? I restarted iphone too

pernmagic
10-26-15, 11:31 AM
The video is not loading today. Anybody have same issue? I restarted iphone too
Working ok on iPad , variable time but works

Clark_Wayne
10-29-15, 07:20 PM
not working at all : after the video, have 1h off then again timer reverse ! :mad:
i feel really *****ed ! :mad: :mad: :mad:
and of course , for the golds lost, support answered that i received them !
for sure i received them but the golds are removed AFTER i received them ! :mad: really wonder where they learned reading !

random59
10-30-15, 05:42 PM
:mad:Just had an email back from support about the TV icon and disappearing gold. It stated that it would pass the information on and no the either do not wish to actually read what you say in your email but just give a glib response! Actually put in that it would be a novel idea if they actually fix the our issues. Not a happy camper!:mad:

random59
10-31-15, 10:57 PM
:mad:Just had an email back from support about the TV icon and disappearing gold. It stated that it would pass the information on and no the either do not wish to actually read what you say in your email but just give a glib response! Actually put in that it would be a novel idea if they actually fix the our issues. Not a happy camper!:mad:

:mad:Still being robbed of gold, watch 2 videos, received 2 gold bars, game starts a processing and guess what they disappear from my tally, watch another video get another gold and yes you guessed it that gold disappears as well. Please stop stealing my gold:mad:

farmday0123
11-03-15, 10:46 PM
Don't understand y people already have TV bonus still complaining , me n my friend don't have any tv bonus even farm bonus took away, n we already updated game, n we not complaining eve though TL not fair to everybody

FrozenTurtle
11-04-15, 12:25 PM
Don't understand y people already have TV bonus still complaining , me n my friend don't have any tv bonus even farm bonus took away, n we already updated game, n we not complaining eve though TL not fair to everybody

We haven't taken the feature away from anyone who was included in our initial release of the feature. Can you let me know the Storm8 ID of the account where it's not showing on Farm Story 2 now? I'll take a look to see if there's an issue.

farmday0123
11-04-15, 03:15 PM
We haven't taken the feature away from anyone who was included in our initial release of the feature. Can you let me know the Storm8 ID of the account where it's not showing on Farm Story 2 now? I'll take a look to see if there's an issue.

This is the only account i use to play farm, and my dragon before when i just updated it gave tvbonus was apple it took away too and i dont care for apple if an hour take of from crops would be better, my farm and mydragon id same, ID : farmday0123 thank you frozenTurtle for take a look if it does not work out that fine 2 , thanks again for ur kind :)

divanightclub
11-04-15, 06:07 PM
Since I've had the tv icon appear in my game, I've ONLY received 300 apples(100 each) for watching 3 videos. Never received any gold or time taken off for breeding or planting.. Guess it's different for each player, but I'll take it ...always need food in this game!

D_Raho
11-05-15, 12:13 AM
We haven't taken the feature away from anyone who was included in our initial release of the feature.

I used to have the icon on mine, but it disappeared over a week a go and hasn't come back on this account. D_Raho

laurelsail
11-05-15, 03:28 AM
For a short time I had the TV Icon with the 1 hour speed up award and then it just disappeared! I play the IOS version. Did this happen to anyone else? The same thing happened in Restaurant Story! And now I've discovered they've taken away the quest for gold in Dragon Story?! C'mon TL...how about some consistency and fairness?! I'm grateful for the gem earning options in Castle Story and Bakery Story...frankly it gives me a reason to check into those games every day... Is there a method to their madness? If anyone knows I'd sure like to know! Thanks!

laurelsail
11-05-15, 05:41 AM
I used to have the icon on mine, but it disappeared over a week a go and hasn't come back on this account. D_Raho
I had the icon on a few accounts and it has disappeared from them all.

kooky panda
11-05-15, 11:44 AM
For a short time I had the TV Icon with the 1 hour speed up award and then it just disappeared! I play the IOS version. Did this happen to anyone else? The same thing happened in Restaurant Story! And now I've discovered they've taken away the quest for gold in Dragon Story?! C'mon TL...how about some consistency and fairness?! I'm grateful for the gem earning options in Castle Story and Bakery Story...frankly it gives me a reason to check into those games every day... Is there a method to their madness? If anyone knows I'd sure like to know! Thanks!

I had the icon on a few accounts and it has disappeared from them all.