PDA

View Full Version : Question on buying from neighbor

jmterao
09-26-15, 06:54 PM
I have a friend that also plays FM2, the other day I purchased several items from her store. A while later we were talking and I asked if she had such and such items, she did and listed them so I could pick them up. When I went into her store, everything was blank. I called her and asked if they were gone and she said her store was full. I went back in and again, every slot in her store was blank. We went back and forth on it but it never changed.

Is there a limit on how many times you can visit and buy from a neighbor or is it a glitch?

jmterao
09-26-15, 07:53 PM
Well after going through many of my neighbors I see several more of them that have the same issue. One side says they have items in their store but when I look they are all blanks.

My friend popped back on but now others are gone.

Annoying!

Rynetory2
09-27-15, 04:42 AM
FS2 does not support one to one trading. Items in your neighbour's shop is available to her neighbours and some even to newspaper. You won't see the item once it's sold. Especially its weekend and also with ios event going on, everyone is shopping to make deliveries for upgrade parts. So things sell faster than normal.

There's no limit how many times you can buy from a neighbour.

Bakerling
10-07-15, 07:47 AM
Yes there is no limit to how many time you visit or buy from neighbour. Once you place an item to sell,, you will be advertised on the newspaper so anyone can visit your store to buy it. Most probably your items are sold that why your store are blank.

Bakerling
10-07-15, 07:51 AM
I have a friend that also plays FM2, the other day I purchased several items from her store. A while later we were talking and I asked if she had such and such items, she did and listed them so I could pick them up. When I went into her store, everything was blank. I called her and asked if they were gone and she said her store was full. I went back in and again, every slot in her store was blank. We went back and forth on it but it never changed.

Is there a limit on how many times you can visit and buy from a neighbor or is it a glitch?

If you want your friend to buy the items that both of you need. There is a guarantee way that no one will buy it from you. That is you sell the good to the maximum price. Make a deal with your friend that I sell something that you need for 100 dollars and in return you also sell something that I need for 100 dollars to me. (If the item cost 60 dollars at market rate for example then sell it at 100 dollars then this way no one will be interesting to buy from you except your friend who need it.

Rynetory2
10-07-15, 08:34 AM
If you want your friend to buy the items that both of you need. There is a guarantee way that no one will buy it from you. That is you sell the good to the maximum price. Make a deal with your friend that I sell something that you need for 100 dollars and in return you also sell something that I need for 100 dollars to me. (If the item cost 60 dollars at market rate for example then sell it at 100 dollars then this way no one will be interesting to buy from you except your friend who need it.

This method wouldn't work for parts, papers and harder to find items. People are willing to pay maximum price when they need it. There is no garantee to trade one to one privately. Reason being your shop slots are available to news.

yppahc
10-10-15, 05:12 AM
j
Well after going through many of my neighbors I see several more of them that have the same issue. One side says they have items in their store but when I look they are all blanks.

My friend popped back on but now others are gone.

Annoying!

I have this with some neighbours. Their shops are always blank despite them being at the start of my neighbours' shops with a 12 on them. I think it is a glitch.

twospoons
11-01-15, 01:15 AM
I (attempt) to sell to myself sometimes, so since I can readily see both sides: yes, you will occasionally not see anything for sale in a slot when there is something actually there, if you purchased an item from that same slot recently. Go back and forth a couple times, or force quit. Item may be gone by then, since I'm only aiming for myself I only try for 3 sales per day to avoid the issue entirely.

And somebody just bought my gold. :( wish there were a way to stay hidden--I log in & out quickly, don't promote, have 0 stars and 0 neighbors (except my main farm) and still get random visitors buying my stuff!

Rynetory2
11-01-15, 02:17 AM
I (attempt) to sell to myself sometimes, so since I can readily see both sides: yes, you will occasionally not see anything for sale in a slot when there is something actually there, if you purchased an item from that same slot recently. Go back and forth a couple times, or force quit. Item may be gone by then, since I'm only aiming for myself I only try for 3 sales per day to avoid the issue entirely.

And somebody just bought my gold. :( wish there were a way to stay hidden--I log in & out quickly, don't promote, have 0 stars and 0 neighbors (except my main farm) and still get random visitors buying my stuff!

Random slots in our shops do hit newspaper so even without prying eyes of neighbours, you can't avoid the newspaper.

twospoons
11-01-15, 03:28 AM
Stupid newspaper.