PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story 2: The Lost Island

Annica5
09-25-15, 08:06 AM
Hello out there? Am I the only one playing this new game? Why can't I find anything at all on the forum about it?
I've only been playing for 3 days, got a prompt to download it, and so far I like it fine. I'm so used to finding advice and help from other players that I get a bit nervous about this empty spooky silence...I'm in Sweden, guess we're a test market.

zyfazix
09-25-15, 08:45 AM
I haven't received any such prompts and can't find anything at all on Google. Nothing for Android, nothing for Apple

Edit: found something. Somewhere on a webpage which is entirely in hebrew. Throwing it through Google Translate lets it make sense, and it sounds like a sequel to the Dragon Story we know

mbyte68
09-25-15, 09:11 AM
i even checked my blackmarket and aptoide no joy theres yet :D

Dragosle
09-25-15, 09:40 AM
Look like this app is only available to a few places and there's only the iOS version now. It's a test launch the way I see it.

And I wonder how this one would turn out actually. Will it be favored more than the original or less (like with RS2 compare to RS)? But since I'm Android it's gonna take a while before I could actually play this.

Then again, I would love to see a data-port from DS to this new DS2 for us long-time players as the original game has quite a history with and for many of us and its visual is getting a bit old now (not that I really mind though, I still love my dragons). But I know it's unlikely to happened :p

belarica
09-25-15, 10:11 AM
Restaurant story 2 is c r a p imo. I don't see myself abandoning my dragons for the sequel, and if they stop updating the original I will just stop playing their games

HuckBellery
09-25-15, 10:14 AM
Restaurant story 2 is [] imo. I don't see myself abandoning my dragons for the sequel, and if they stop updating the original I will just stop playing their games

Totally agree.. I just hope they'll continue to update the standard version.

Though I'm not thrilled about the sequel, I'll wait until it will become available for me, becouse I don't see this in appstore. It can be interesting :)

Annica5
09-25-15, 10:45 AM
The comparison with Restaurant Story 1 and 2 is relevant, this dragon breeding game isn't a sequel really but something new. Dragons look different, there's that painful limited storage that needs to be upgraded all the time, there's a shop to sell duplicate dragons... Love that!
And it's really fast, breeding or hatching takes under 5 minutes! Might change as I level up and start breeding different sorts of dragons.

zyfazix
09-25-15, 10:48 AM
With how often the app crashes, all the differences between Android and iOS and how they deal with player requests for more land and habitats my main thought is;

Is it a good idea to make a sequel when the first version still has these issues?

ecxtasy
09-25-15, 12:41 PM
When I go to my app store (UK) it days this is only available in Swedish app store and I can't buy it. :(

DeeDe99
09-25-15, 03:00 PM
In Australia I can't see it in either the App Store or the Play Store.

DeeDe99
09-25-15, 04:35 PM
Just found this

http://www.apppicker.com/apps/1033709497/dragon-story-2-the-lost-island

It looks like a cross between FFS and DS looking at the graphics.

May be programmed in a different language than the DS we currently play.

Hope they have a data migration strategy, or I will be very unhappy if they retire DS without, given I specifically requested a product roadmap.

kjbrogren
09-25-15, 05:13 PM
Im not impressed with the images from the website listed above. I wont play that game, just like I dont play RS2... I think the dragons look even more childish.

DeeDe99
09-25-15, 05:38 PM
Im not impressed with the images from the website listed above. I wont play that game, just like I dont play RS2... I think the dragons look even more childish.

That may be the objective - a younger target market. I've always thought DS is really an adult game. Very complex really.

redstar177
09-25-15, 06:04 PM
Restaurant story 2 is c r a p imo. I don't see myself abandoning my dragons for the sequel, and if they stop updating the original I will just stop playing their games

I agree. I can't see myself starting over or playing 2 Dragon Story games. I would likely just quit altogether

After looking at the images on that site, I can say I am not impressed either. The images do seem rather childish and do not appeal to me

mbyte68
09-25-15, 08:38 PM
found a video link hmmm not liking this one TBH its like a mish mash of all there games plus a few others ive tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQbieSUzGRU

Dragosle
09-25-15, 10:15 PM
found a video link hmmm not liking this one TBH its like a mish mash of all there games plus a few others ive tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQbieSUzGRU

Hmm, the music is nice. Visual is prettier than the original but yeah the dragons design are somewhat childish. And all that capacity upgrades are as frustrating as all the "2" version of all S8 recent games.

mbyte68
09-26-15, 04:25 AM
do like the flame idea for getting better dragons oooooh i know TL why dont u actually make boosted breed better at doing this jst a thought :D

roguebee
09-26-15, 07:19 AM
I visited the video link and wasn't impressed at all with the game. Looked like the type I'd download for the gold/gems and then delete.

SacredSloth
09-28-15, 02:40 PM
It's basically Dragon Story + Farm Story. After 3 and a half ish years playing Dragon Story I can't believe they would try to throw Dragon Story under the bus. If they really stop updating it for the sake of this new game I think they're going to have a lot of very angry fans out there.

There are some ideas in it that I can get behind, but nothing that warrants an entirely new game. All I can ask is that the community rallies to keep OG Dragon Story relevant as well. Don't give up everything we've worked for! :(

mystctattoo
09-29-15, 04:16 AM

From the images to me it looks a lot like Dragon City which I don't play and there is a reason for that!!!

Annica5
09-29-15, 07:55 AM
I don't think it can possibly replace Dragon Story! For one thing it has the so annoying limited storage space that made me hate Restaurant Story 2 and Farm Story 2. You get stuck a lot in the beginning of the game. Can't breed if you can't harvest the right fruit, and if you're out of storage you can't harvest. So I'm waiting for something to sell in my shop, so I can make room to harvest... No, not my idea of fun.
But the dragons are very pretty with lovely movements.

LinkinPark92
10-03-15, 11:03 AM
Here in the netherlands it's available for ios.

I need to know how I can get a yellow flame so I can make a yellow dragon. Too sad that there's no dragon 2 forum

bakerystoe
10-04-15, 03:18 AM
What is that game?...

jomykje
10-04-15, 03:48 AM
I have the same question as you, how do I get a yellow dragon to make a bunch of flowers

I need to know how I can get a yellow flame so I can make a yellow dragon. Too sad that there's no dragon 2 forum

jomykje
10-04-15, 06:03 AM

I think I found the answer: when you complete the quest growing pains, weather the storm or A flare for rare you receive a yellow flame.

Good luck!

dala12
10-04-15, 11:15 AM
I am playing it too! It is not dragon story but more restaurant story 2... If you know what I mean... It is a bit childish.

judafarm
10-05-15, 03:02 AM
Im on level 7 of this game, but there is no "Menu" in this game. i can't make friends there. Not going to neighbors.
I think the game not complete yet.

Dont jnow what to do now.

Im from the Netherlands.

Natasha_07
10-05-15, 11:06 AM
I see S8 has added a forum for this game today! :)

kooky panda
10-05-15, 11:09 AM
(Moving thread to the new forum)

jomykje
10-05-15, 12:13 PM
Yeah! a new forum for dragon story 2!! ;)

viridium
10-06-15, 03:04 AM
Can someone give me a list or pictures of the dragons with names ?Im thinking of loading it but are not sure.

amerirish
10-06-15, 08:05 AM
Hopefully if/when it gets released for everyone, it will be a goal so we can get some gold in DS1 :)

orleansparish
10-06-15, 11:26 AM
Ok, so can someone confirm why countries this game is in? Because if it's IOS then I can definitely download it, even being in the states. Thanks!

orleansparish
10-06-15, 11:42 AM
I just read the thread again and saw someone mention Sweden. I have a Swedish iOS account and found the game. I'll wait a couple days to see if a goal pop up before I download it. Looks promising!

C2hWF
10-08-15, 01:27 AM

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24677 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24677)

C2hWF
10-08-15, 01:29 AM
Only for Sverige App Store

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/dragon-story-2-the-lost-island/id1033709497?mt=8

C2hWF
10-08-15, 01:37 AM
It looks like Farm Story 2 & Dragon Story combo.
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24678 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24678)
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24679 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24679)

Annica5
10-08-15, 05:42 AM

You don't need a yellow flame to get a yellow dragon, some of the Storm dragons are yellow so just keep breeding 2 blue. The nice boost flames are very rare drops from deliveries.

Annica5
10-08-15, 05:45 AM
Hopefully if/when it gets released for everyone, it will be a goal so we can get some gold in DS1 :)

Yep, this was a gold giving goal for me :) When I reach level 9, I'll get more :) VERY slow going, I keep getting stuck with a full storage :(

Huldadottir
10-09-15, 05:52 PM
Yes, i also have this problem with a full storage (granary). But to upgrade i need a nail. Anyone knows how i can get one (except from gems).

Olena
10-10-15, 07:44 AM
Can't get any nail too. 135 orders done, got some other items but no nail for storage upgrade. Geting very frustrated because there is absolute no space to keep crafting items for deliveries.

C2hWF
10-12-15, 10:43 PM
Storm Family Completed:p

Ajcl01
10-14-15, 08:09 AM
I think it's illogical to keep everything in the granary: hammers, nails, shells etc. Much better with a silo and a barn like in Farm Story2. But I'm happy with the fact that I don't have to save fruits to plant, the supply of seeds is endless!

C2hWF
10-15-15, 09:48 PM
Storm 8 have done some updates.

C2hWF
10-15-15, 09:50 PM
Evergreen Stew unlock at Level 11

gustafrog
10-16-15, 02:13 AM
The weird mixup of shells and corals, will that be fixed soon? I keep putting the wrong stuff in when im in a hurry!

And i just noticed: the rewards for making the orders have dramatically decreased!

Ajcl01
10-16-15, 08:25 AM
The weird mixup of shells and corals, will that be fixed soon? I keep putting the wrong stuff in when im in a hurry!

And i just noticed: the rewards for making the orders have dramatically decreased!

2 good points! I was close to banging my head on the table! Aarrrrgh! I need 1000 coins more to upgrade the tropical habitat, it will take forever now. All other families are complete so what do I do? Breed eggs to sell?

gustafrog
10-16-15, 09:19 AM
Just sell those hammers and planks we get way too many of:p

Cmdr_Keen
10-16-15, 01:09 PM
The sudden upgrade increase of the tropic habitat is a bit ridiculous. First it was 1420 coins, a lot but reasonable. Now it's 2800. Why?

knuffel19
10-17-15, 01:36 AM
Question: I keep making amphoras or something like that in the workshop but after I collect it, it is gone. I have an order for it, but that also keeps saying 0. Anyone seen this happen as well?

zwinnie
10-17-15, 10:36 AM
Yes same here. I also made 3 of them for an order. And they are nowhere to be found.

Drachenia
10-19-15, 04:09 PM
Oh I want to play it, but it is in the German App Store not found for me :(

Perry9877
10-24-15, 07:50 AM
I had an account in the Swedish store from the time when Fairytale Wonderland was only in the test market, unfortunately with the new version of iOS I now need a credit card tied to an address in Sweden. Now one thing I think about is how dodgy things got for those of us playing FTW. I am going to wait and see. Especially since I am having so much trouble with Storm8 games booting my unhappy bum out of the games every 10 seconds. I cannot remember how many bombs I have lost. I am considering checking out of all my S8 games after Halloween. Things have been going downhill with S8 for a couple of months imho. There are so many other developers that care about their users.

C2hWF
10-26-15, 09:21 PM
Version 1.0 logo

Version 1.1.1 logo

gustafrog
10-27-15, 06:30 AM
Im glad the rewards for orders increased, and the orders are (just slightly) more various now. However: you changed dragons for shells and corals to free red dragons, yet the vulcano flower costs FOUR dragons to forage for!? Thats insane! I can never put two orders for that in at the same time!! Please look into that... Thanks!:o

jacobtoddsmom
10-27-15, 07:33 AM
Put in the U.S. App Store!

RocioBM
11-02-15, 12:58 PM
When this game will be available for everyone? It looks so cool

olympia62
11-11-15, 07:19 AM
I can't upgrade my nursery! Game closes when I touch it! I need it to feed my yellow dragon and finish the quest of "growing pains".

[S8] Regina
11-11-15, 04:33 PM
I can't upgrade my nursery! Game closes when I touch it! I need it to feed my yellow dragon and finish the quest of "growing pains".

We've forwarded this information over to the team, thank you for your patience!

olympia62
11-12-15, 12:55 AM
Thank you Regina! Problem of nursery is solved. Only too bad I couldn't finish the quests in time to get my gems I needed to finish the halloween quest in restaurant story...

[S8] Regina
11-12-15, 11:33 AM
Thank you Regina! Problem of nursery is solved. Only too bad I couldn't finish the quests in time to get my gems I needed to finish the halloween quest in restaurant story...

Yay I'm glad! If you have questions about the halloween quest, please email support@storm8.com and please PM me the ticket number. Thank you!

newmoonfashion
11-16-15, 10:58 AM
It's really hard to earn coins. Howcome we don't get a free daily bonus when returning like in DS and Fashion?
As I reach higher levels - will more slots in the craft shops unlock or do I have to pay? I'm level 11 and only have two slots.
What's the point with neighbors? You can't like anything or send materials or gems.
However, l like the game.

LonePudding
11-16-15, 11:54 AM
Please release this game worldwide, I want to play!

flowless
11-18-15, 08:51 AM
Please release this game worldwide, I want to play!

Me too
Can't wait breeding games are my favourite
And I know TL gonna bring a really cool designs compared to the original games

When u guys planing to release the game

Kennedward
03-29-16, 04:44 AM
I want to play this game but cannot find it anywhere

RocioBM
03-31-16, 04:54 PM
It's strange, because today I noticed this game is available in Android devices under the name "Dragon World" by "Loop Interactive".
I wish I can play it in my iphone, and I wonder why the change of name.

Kennedward
04-01-16, 07:49 AM
Oh I see it now, but too bad I'm on IOS as well

lildvil
01-08-17, 07:32 AM
I'm guessing it's never coming to the us App Store? Been waiting all this time.. why make a game that everyone one can't play only certain countries can? strange as it may seem I kinda feel like I'm missing out on so much..

skybird91
01-10-17, 08:39 AM
I'm guessing it's never coming to the us App Store? Been waiting all this time.. why make a game that everyone one can't play only certain countries can? strange as it may seem I kinda feel like I'm missing out on so much..

You mean it hasn't come to the us yet? I thought it had, oh well. If it hasn't then why make the game if it weren't available to everyone

comeseecomesah
01-10-17, 09:25 AM
Silly storage capacity like restaurant2, certain store parts impossible to get..unless you keep buying them. The parts are even kept in the storage which leaves little room for anything else. Mad.
I gave it a good try but stressfull not fun for me.

lildvil
01-26-17, 09:20 AM
For those who are lucky enough in whatever country you are to play this game...is the game any good? I was wondering

JannekeS1988
01-29-17, 11:03 AM
Im from holland and im playing!! Maybe you can add me: JannekeS1988

JustKay
08-03-17, 07:00 PM
It's strange, because today I noticed this game is available in Android devices under the name "Dragon World" by "Loop Interactive".
I wish I can play it in my iphone, and I wonder why the change of name.

Maybe they sold off the early beta to a different company. Looks like S8 put their bets back onto DS instead