PDA

View Full Version : Maple Dragon Release Date: 9/25/15

Natasha_07
09-22-15, 02:09 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/w0howy.png

belarica
09-22-15, 02:14 PM
Humble harvest? I wonder what that is???

belarica
09-22-15, 02:15 PM
Also if it really changes with the seasons that would be so cool!

Sandybellee
09-22-15, 02:21 PM
Lovely! Really want this one!

zyfazix
09-22-15, 02:28 PM
I'm expecting another short Dragon Tales event. Until I know for sure I'll go easy on the food

Natasha_07
09-22-15, 02:32 PM
I hope this is a part of a new world event, we're due for 1 soon. Maybe 'Humble Harvest' is some sort of Fall related event, until Friday we'll know for sure.

Xyn25
09-22-15, 02:47 PM
I hope it's a new world event, I really like those :)
And we should be getting a new mining dragon too. I'm currently maxed on bombs so I have to wait to evolve so I don't lose any.

belarica
09-22-15, 03:51 PM
I hope it's a new world event too, feel like we are drowning in tales lately

Kennedward
09-22-15, 03:52 PM
Nice looking dragon, but its type would be the main issue, so far it's yellow, which is not good for me

lady_saphira
09-22-15, 05:22 PM
Any chance it's just a new dragon? As opposed to a tales or world event, I mean...

Xyn25
09-22-15, 05:45 PM
Any chance it's just a new dragon? As opposed to a tales or world event, I mean...

Sure, it could be just a new breedable dragon, they usually release some of those seasonally as well...

lady_saphira
09-22-15, 06:21 PM
Elsa;1178250']There's a new upcoming event. It hasn't been released yet. The messaging is asking players to update for the upcoming event so they'll be ready to participate. Seasonal editions currently don't have the feature. :)

Just saw this on another thread...

Xyn25
09-22-15, 07:00 PM

Oh my, please, not another Dragon tales event! It's too soon! I'm still trying to grow some food to replenish what I've spent during the last one.

Kennedward
09-22-15, 07:12 PM
I usually don't finish tales event, despite how hard I try, so I tend to miss out on the final prizes, BUT I do manage to get 2 dragons

But if it's types that I have tons of, then I won't bother finishing anyways

lady_saphira
09-22-15, 07:17 PM
How do I post a picture? Can I do that on mobile? Have a screen shot of the notification of the upcoming tales...

Never mind. Figured it out...

Xyn25
09-22-15, 07:31 PM
How do I post a picture? Can I do that on mobile? Have a screen shot of the notification of the upcoming tales...

That really does look like a new Dragon Tales event. Starting the food hoarding right away.

DeeDe99
09-22-15, 08:03 PM
Oh my, please, not another Dragon tales event! It's too soon! I'm still trying to grow some food to replenish what I've spent during the last one.

Ditto! Not to mention trying to feed Crusader and Warrior Prince up before the next tournament!!

I need a holiday from my hobby! :D

redstar177
09-22-15, 08:04 PM
That really does look like a new Dragon Tales event. Starting the food hoarding right away.

Wish it were a World Event instead, we JUST had a Dragon Tales. Besides, I don't much like the Maple or Wheat looking dragons. I like that in the World Events we can pick which dragons we want to display, whereas the DT force us to display and feed certain dragons

belarica
09-22-15, 08:09 PM
Omg not another dragon tales, so burnt out :( I want a fun world event

deadpixel
09-22-15, 08:13 PM
Another Dragon Tales event? I'm down to 40k units of food after bringing a Light Dragon to level 15 (took 446k).

Let's see... shifting to 1 hour Cherries for 16 hours during the day time and 5 hour Diamond Dates for the night will get me 5,500 unites of food per day per farm (38,500 per day with 7 farms). If I delay starting the event by a couple of days I should be able to bring food up to 160k or more; that should be barely enough :(

Xyn25
09-22-15, 08:27 PM
Another Dragon Tales event? I'm down to 40k units of food after bringing a Light Dragon to level 15 (took 446k).

Let's see... shifting to 1 hour Cherries for 16 hours during the day time and 5 hour Diamond Dates for the night will get me 5,500 unites of food per day per farm (38,500 per day with 7 farms). If I delay starting the event by a couple of days I should be able to bring food up to 160k or more; that should be barely enough :(

When/if you can, plant the 10 minute crop. It's time consuming, but worth it.

Natasha_07
09-22-15, 08:45 PM

Oh no, it's a tales event. Wish it was a world event.

deadpixel
09-22-15, 09:22 PM
When/if you can, plant the 10 minute crop. It's time consuming, but worth it.

Hee! Did that once on a 12 hour train journey; swore that I would only do that again if and when I moved into a retirement home ;)

hon3ycomb
09-22-15, 09:31 PM

It seems like it's a reward from the upcoming world event. That is, when we try to carefully read the description under the image. Although it doesnt make much sense because they're usually posted under the world event's post.

Edit: Oh nvm, from the previous posts it looks like it's from a tales event.. I'm hoping this doesnt start soon though *sigh*

DeeDe99
09-23-15, 02:51 AM
If this is a tales event, I may very well skip it. I have dragons to raise, so unless the prize is something too good to pass up, I'm loathe to sacrifice my current development plans. Can't do it all. But that's what is good about this game: choices!

chic4stylin
09-23-15, 02:55 AM

I don't see any 1 hour cherries, but the 1 hour Rushrooms yield the best return, so I plant them when I have the time to check the game every hour or so, then do the Diamondates while I sleep. If I don't have the time to check back regularly, then I plant the diamondates all day.

But I'm with everyone else...all these tourneys, world events and tales events back to back, along with releasing new dragons all the time is exhausting! There needs to be a little downtime between all these things. We players can't get all our dragons healed, build up food, etc. in time for the next event that starts a day or two after the last one ended! S8/TL needs to realize that most of us have jobs/lives, family, friends, etc., that require us to participate in the real world too! Release a new dragon maybe one week, then perhaps have a tourney the next, release a new dragon the next, then a world event the next, etc. Or what would be even better is give us a week between with nothing to do but grow food, heal our dragons, try to breed for the dragons we've been wanting but haven't had time to try for because we're constantly having to breed for the new/limited release dragons! I mean, come on! As much as I hate not playing this game because I DO love it, and as much as I hate missing out on new dragons, etc., I'm going to have to take a vacation from the game...it's exhausting the *#(@ out of me!

Sandybellee
09-23-15, 03:11 AM
No way am I gonna do another Tales event this soon! Can't grow expensive food anyway because I'm saving for a habitat for White Gold.

pernmagic
09-23-15, 03:21 AM

Wish it were a World Event instead, we JUST had a Dragon Tales. Besides, I don't much like the Maple or Wheat looking dragons. I like that in the World Events we can pick which dragons we want to display, whereas the DT force us to display and feed certain dragons

I agree trying to feed up all my new dragons and the tales are too consuming on time especially just having finished one , guess we will find out soon :(
May opt out unless the dragons really make it tempting .... Want to play for enjoyment not to be driven by the impossible clock of the tales

pernmagic
09-23-15, 03:27 AM
If this is a tales event, I may very well skip it. I have dragons to raise, so unless the prize is something too good to pass up, I'm loathe to sacrifice my current development plans. Can't do it all. But that's what is good about this game: choices!
Perfectly explained .... I agree :)

hiabarara
09-23-15, 05:11 AM
I haven't even had the chance to play a Dragon Tales event because it never appeared on my device. So my question is if a new one comes out then it's impossible to play the last one, right? It just kind of overwrites the last one? I'm just wondering because I read that people can start the Dragon Tales event whenever they want to.

Never mind. Figured it out...I also got this message yesterday and I'm a bit confused. When I click the update button it shows me the "original" Dragon Story app. Do I need to download it and play with that one to get the new Dragon Tales event?

Ughh. All in all I would rather have a World event. I like them a lot.

chic4stylin
09-23-15, 06:03 AM
Yes, it has to be played on the 'original' version...the seasonal versions don't have it

roguebee
09-23-15, 08:29 AM
I haven't even had the chance to play a Dragon Tales event because it never appeared on my device. So my question is if a new one comes out then it's impossible to play the last one, right? It just kind of overwrites the last one? I'm just wondering because I read that people can start the Dragon Tales event whenever they want to.

I also got this message yesterday and I'm a bit confused. When I click the update button it shows me the "original" Dragon Story app. Do I need to download it and play with that one to get the new Dragon Tales event?

Ughh. All in all I would rather have a World event. I like them a lot.

Yes, you can start play whenever you want, with a simple caveat, it has to be within the start window, usually several days (week maybe?).

hiabarara
09-23-15, 09:29 AM
Yes, it has to be played on the 'original' version...the seasonal versions don't have itSo you guys switch between the original version and the seasonal versions? Like when you normally play you use the normal versions and when there's a new World Event you play the seasonal version?
I just started the original version and I finally see the huge land at the top of the map I read about many times. What happens if I put habitats there? Will they just not appear on the seasonal versions or will it lead to some kind bug if I start another version where the land isn't visible (like it'll delete my habitats there)?

I'm sorry for all the questions D: I'm just so confused right now ;A;

noah1164
09-23-15, 12:23 PM
So you guys switch between the original version and the seasonal versions? Like when you normally play you use the normal versions and when there's a new World Event you play the seasonal version?
I just started the original version and I finally see the huge land at the top of the map I read about many times. What happens if I put habitats there? Will they just not appear on the seasonal versions or will it lead to some kind bug if I start another version where the land isn't visible (like it'll delete my habitats there)?

When I switched to the seasonal version it didn't have the new land; however, the habitats were there kind of just hanging off the edge .

stashlova
09-23-15, 12:35 PM
So you guys switch between the original version and the seasonal versions? Like when you normally play you use the normal versions and when there's a new World Event you play the seasonal version?

The seasonal versions are there just as a goal to collect gold for installing them or perhaps to breed a new dragon that is only in that version. I downloaded Harvest version to try for the Fortune dragon but it was already removed by S8. You can only do the Events from the normal version from what people are saying here.

hiabarara
09-23-15, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the replies :)

lindseyny
09-23-15, 02:15 PM
The photo mentions Android, I wonder if this event is just for Android users or IOS too.

Paleon
09-23-15, 04:51 PM
The photo mentions Android, I wonder if this event is just for Android users or IOS too.

I think it's just referring to the update on Android, that included access to the Dragon Tales events.

PrincessCouture2014
09-24-15, 07:33 AM
I am doubting it to be yellow-red or yellow-stone idk y

tuffyjkitten
09-24-15, 10:24 AM
Here's a thought.....Fix the crashing issues that so many are having instead of bringing out events back to back to back that we can't play!!! That will satisfy everyone: those of us who can't play will finally get a resolution and those who have been playing will get a break to heal dragons and restock food. Everybody wins!

kirby52
09-24-15, 03:49 PM
I totally agree with tuffykitten..fix the crashing issue before spitting out more new stuff. I lost a spin on the wheel because of crashing and TL nevers re imburses for these kind of losses.

Xyn25
09-24-15, 08:59 PM
Hee! Did that once on a 12 hour train journey; swore that I would only do that again if and when I moved into a retirement home ;)

Haha :D definitely a task for when you're retired :P
Last event I was going crazy doing all the math for how much food I'd need and planting and harvesting crops! It was exhausting! World events are much more relaxed. You just need to plant 20 hour crops and collect from quests and the special decor and that's pretty much it.

kooky panda
09-25-15, 10:41 AM
New Event for Maple Dragon :

-Humble-Harvest-Event-9-25-15 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85016-Humble-Harvest-Event-9-25-15)