PDA

View Full Version : Animal Update: Prize Pony 9/25/15

SummerNightSky
09-22-15, 01:58 PM
Elsa;1180168']Hi everyone,

We apologize for the inconvenience! Please allow me to clarify the details for this animal.

1. The Prize Pony at max level earns 3 Gems/3 Days.
2. The parents you'll need to breed are Sea Horse and Fennec Shox. :)
3. Prize Pony is a limited time animal and will be available for 7 days.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Edit additional info

1) At Level 1, you earn 1 Gem every 3 days. At Level 4 and 10, you earn 2 Gems every 3 days. At Level 15, you earn 3 Gems every 3 days.

2) This animal is limited-time only. It will be gone from the Market on 10/2, as well as its associated goal.

3) You can breed for this animal

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24096&d=1442955458

Hay y'all, saddle up fast and collect some Gems! Quit foaling around and claim the Prize Pony in Fantasy Forest Story!

chippychan
09-22-15, 02:01 PM
New gem-giving animal, yay! :)

Been saving up, hope it's got a nice introductory sale price.

LonePudding
09-22-15, 02:02 PM
I hope I have the combo for this one!!

Sandybellee
09-22-15, 02:05 PM
Hope it's for sale at a good prize! This is the only thing I would buy gems for.

I'm sure Solar Bear is needed for breeding it.

ogreve
09-22-15, 02:48 PM
Holy moly!
Just earlier today in the Solar Bear thread I was guessing the Solar Bear might be needed for breeding a new Treasure animal, and there it is: a new Treasure animal, and what a beauty!
I bet ya one half of the formula is the Solar Bear and I guess the other half to be the Pyro Pony. That at least is the only "Pony" I can think of that anyone can have (as opposed to e.g. the Peony Pony and the Matripony).
To those who've got the Solar Bear already: I'd try the formula of Solar Bear + Pyro Pony. :P

calvinxx
09-22-15, 03:01 PM
OMG this is what I've been waiting for!!! And it's a beautiful pony!!! My Solar Bear will be epic level by Friday so I hope it's part of the formula

ogreve
09-22-15, 03:20 PM
OMG this is what I've been waiting for!!! And it's a beautiful pony!!! My Solar Bear will be epic level by Friday so I hope it's part of the formula

I just took a look at your forest for checking the quickest route to get there. For me that seems to take 4 expansions, as I have already expanded to the first four plots of the lower purple shelf, I can directly move to the left (i.e. the middle purple shelf) and from there directly go up to the upper left purple shelf, requiring an additional 3 expansions to reach the Solar Bear.
Darn, at the rate I can make expansions, without speeding breedings for bombs that will take around 3+ weeks still... It would be great if there were some new feature that would allow us to win realm runes. Actually, that's one of the things I *VERY* much like about the Storybooks: the 15 realm runes prize! That's soo welcome!

Well then, a new gem hybrid last week, the storybook, Limited Lambi, the hellhounds trio, the limited rereleased Harvest Hedgehog, a tournament, Solar Bear expansions, Spin to Win, and on Friday a new Treasure animal. I see TL is really 'slowing matters down' as several players have requested. :D
They seem to be on full overdrive, but well, luckily enough a lot of these things can be combined so it's not mutually exclusive stuff. I'll definitely try to cope with all of the things they're throwing at us. It does make it more difficult to follow some of my own agendas, like the plan I had to first clear all of the upper blue plots now and hatch away all animals that I have in storage... I *do* want to be in the game for trying for that Treasure beauty, so when the novelty of gem breeding wears off, it would be great to have shots at that (though if the formula really is the Solar Bear + the Pyro Pony, we'd again get to "enjoy" all of the earth-fire fails all over again).
Exciting times in the forest!!!

Hawksmoor
09-22-15, 03:51 PM
Pretty!

sweetypies97
09-22-15, 03:55 PM
Very pretty!

31aug2002
09-23-15, 03:13 AM
It really is a beauty. The only other pony I have is the pyro pony . A definite must have . Would love to make it my first treasure animal.

Sandybellee
09-23-15, 04:02 AM
I'm thinking the sale prize will be around 600 gems. I think that was the prize Money Badger was introduced for (I wasn't playing then yet but I read it somewhere) and they just released a new Treasure dragon on DS on sale for 600.

Drachenia
09-23-15, 04:21 AM
Hello! Ouch ouch looking so cool. TL please breeds not make too heavy :rolleyes:

ogreve
09-23-15, 04:51 AM
I'm thinking the sale prize will be around 600 gems. I think that was the prize Money Badger was introduced for (I wasn't playing then yet but I read it somewhere) and they just released a new Treasure dragon on DS on sale for 600.

The funny thing about Treasure animals is that those are the only ones that actually have a guaranteed "return of investment". Suppose the sale cost is 600 gems and the animal gives a gem every 12 hours, then the ROI time is 300 days. :P
As I wrote in a different thread, paradoxically enough, I'm in a way actually hoping a bit that the animal is a real 'high roller': giving many gems and that the price will be considerably higher, just so I'm not tempted to buy one. I really DO want to breed such animals, and as I already have one Treasure animal, I don't "need it as much as the gem element" that I bought my way into last week.
We'll see what Friday brings: I see in just about ALL other S8 games that there are far better sales (like 90% off sales) than we tend to get in FFS. Should this new Treasure animal have a very low sale price on the one hand (like e.g. 200 gems or so, like the Dragonfly recently had) and should the breeding formula really be earth-fire (as we all fear), then it will become attractive to buy one (or two even). :P

But... I'm guessing the sale price (if any) will not be anywhere near the 200 mark, so in all likelihood I'll not buy it. :)
Besides... FFS is mainly a "breeding game" so I don't really want to become a regular animal buyer.

31aug2002
09-23-15, 05:37 AM
With the kind of breeding luck I am having, I don't think it is going to be very easy for me to breed this one too.
I don't have any treasure animals as my attempts at money badger have added to the armordillo army.. And that is the only one I can breed right now as I do not have the gold lion for the golden retriever and ocean owl for the treasure toucan.
So if the price is attractive , I will be very very tempted.
But for now I will have to wait and watch

ninasidstorm8
09-24-15, 08:27 AM
I have been doing some thinking about what the breeding combination would be for the Prize Pony. In all three current Treasure animals, three elements are involved. That provides the maximum number of failure combinations without actually letting you breed a Crystal Unicorn. I believe, this is by design and will be true for all future Treasure animals.

It seems as if one of the two animals needed for the Prize Pony will be the Solar Bear. There doesn’t seem to be any other reason to provide an animal with an existing element combination as part of the expansions. The Treasure Toucan uses two breedable animals, but it was the first Treasure animal and I think S8 decided not to continue with that idea. The Terrorier for the Golden Retriever was a battleground prize and the Hareon for the Money Badger was provided as part of an expansion.

In looking at the coloring of the Prize Pony, I see a bit of Green. This leads me to believe that one of the elements will be Nature. So if the Solar Bear is one of the parents, then the other parent should be either an Earth/Nature or Nature/Fire combination. Since Nature/Fire was used for the Treasure Toucan, I would hope that it would be Earth/Nature. If S8 follows the pattern of the Money Badger, then the other parent will be the common animal which is the Planther.

So that is my guess for now. The parents of the Prize Pony will be the Solar Bear and Planther. We will have to see what information the hints provide us. We should know more in a little over a day.

31aug2002
09-25-15, 11:37 AM
So prize pony I a bread able. Anyone know the combinations?

RLrox
09-25-15, 11:38 AM
It is limited so I really do hope solar bear isn't one of the parents as it's taking me forever to expand! :(

ogreve
09-25-15, 11:41 AM
Is this animal really only available for 1 week?
If so, my only chance at getting it is buying it as I need 4 expansions for getting to the solar bear and then it would still need to evolve, make breedings with ultra rare odds etc.
Am I really understanding it correctly that the animal is limited or just the sale???
I would be really disappointed if it's limited, never to return again unless in a value pack!!
In that case I'd better use my excess gems from the Quetzalcoatl acquisition and be done with it. After that I wouldn't have a whole lot of gems left, so further major acquisitions would then be out of the question...

Hawksmoor
09-25-15, 11:46 AM
Is this animal really only available for 1 week?
If so, my only chance at getting it is buying it as I need 4 expansions for getting to the solar bear and then it would still need to evolve, make breedings with ultra rare odds etc.
Am I really understanding it correctly that the animal is limited or just the sale???

I would be very, very surprised if this was a limited animal only available for a week. Most players are nowhere near the Solar Bear expansion, so my guess is that it's on sale for a week, or if there's a gem reward for breeding it, that may be limited time as well. None of the other gem hybrids are limited. I'm not home to check my game unfortunately, so does it say "limited time" or "limited" in the shop on the animal's picture? That's where it's usually indicated if you have a limited time to breed it.

RLrox
09-25-15, 11:49 AM
I would be very, very surprised if this was a limited animal only available for a week. Most players are nowhere near the Solar Bear expansion, so my guess is that it's on sale for a week, or if there's a gem reward for breeding it, that may be limited time as well. None of the other gem hybrids are limited. I'm not home to check my game unfortunately, so does it say "limited time" or "limited" in the shop on the animal's picture? That's where it's usually indicated if you have a limited time to breed it.

It says limited time in the shop

intrinsicallyknotted
09-25-15, 11:49 AM
The quest says that "winners draw out the prize pony." I think the parents are two animals whose descriptions mention winning. Hmmm...

Hawksmoor
09-25-15, 11:50 AM
It says limited time in the shop

Ok thanks. Well, that really surprises me!

Sandybellee
09-25-15, 11:51 AM
Yay! It is indeed 600 gems! Will be buying it as soon as my nest is free. :)

If the Solar Bear is one of the parents, I don't think it can be limited to a week because most players won't even get the Solar Bear for a long time.

55lee55
09-25-15, 11:54 AM
I would have bought this, but I have reached my limit on Treasure habitats.

I don't need a bunch of jealousy posts about this, thank you very much. If you can't say something nice, please don't say anything at all.

S8, Can you do something about the habitat limit on this? It is beautiful, but what do you expect from me? I am willing to buy it, but you need to let me have a place to put it. Please!

RLrox
09-25-15, 12:00 PM
Ok thanks. Well, that really surprises me!

Yeah,me too - I'm hoping I'm misreading it and that the sale is limited time? It's not abundantly clear...

ogreve
09-25-15, 12:10 PM
I have a really hard time believing that it will be limited to 1 week too, but the shop mentions "limited time" on the big sale offer at the top of the shop and then if you click on the animal it says "limited time" in blue over the animal too. I don't want to take any chances here. Breeding it is impossible for me in 1 week time unless it doesn't require the Solar Bear, which I doubt.
So, the only options would be to throw a humongous amount of gems at speeding so many breedings and hatchings that 217 more runes are obtained (as I'm currently at 63 runes I would need that amount to make 4 expansions), then the Solar Bear would need to be raised to level 4 at least and then on top of that we'd need to breed with ultra rare odds. I got my retriever after an estimated 50+ attempts (though I didn't keep track).
Buying it would come down to 600 gems, 5 of which are immediately reimbursed by getting the 5 gem reward. Much more attractive. And, as mentioned earlier, Treasure animals are the only ones that actively give you gems, so each day they "become cheaper".
Maybe the "limited time" is a mistake from TL (such has happened before), or maybe it is limited but then limited for a far longer time than 1 week (which is the length of the sale period, I suspect). Or... Perhaps it goes like some of the trio habitats previously where first they were limited and then some time after disappearing they were added permanently to the shop. Or... Perhaps TL made this some "special edition extra Treasure animal", only available to the early birds with the Solar Bear and figuring out the right breeding combo, and to those who simply buy the animal.
I don't feel like taking my chances on it. In light of the animal returning gems I think I'll play it on safe and buy one. If it then continues to be breedable later or now for a longer time, I can still breed for a second one...
Darn, I don't like this "limited twist" to it. Very confusing and outright impossible to achieve for me within a week at least. That's highly unexpected....

Drachenia
09-25-15, 12:17 PM
I have a really hard time believing that it will be limited to 1 week too, but the shop mentions "limited time" on the big sale offer at the top of the shop and then if you click on the animal it says "limited time" in blue over the animal too. I don't want to take any chances here. Breeding it is impossible for me in 1 week time unless it doesn't require the Solar Bear, which I doubt.
So, the only options would be to throw a humongous amount of gems at speeding so many breedings and hatchings that 217 more runes are obtained (as I'm currently at 63 runes I would need that amount to make 4 expansions), then the Solar Bear would need to be raised to level 4 at least and then on top of that we'd need to breed with ultra rare odds. I got my retriever after an estimated 50+ attempts (though I didn't keep track).
Buying it would come down to 600 gems, 5 of which are immediately reimbursed by getting the 5 gem reward. Much more attractive. And, as mentioned earlier, Treasure animals are the only ones that actively give you gems, so each day they "become cheaper".
Maybe the "limited time" is a mistake from TL (such has happened before), or maybe it is limited but then limited for a far longer time than 1 week (which is the length of the sale period, I suspect). Or... Perhaps it goes like some of the trio habitats previously where first they were limited and then some time after disappearing they were added permanently to the shop. Or... Perhaps TL made this some "special edition extra Treasure animal", only available to the early birds with the Solar Bear and figuring out the right breeding combo, and to those who simply buy the animal.
I don't feel like taking my chances on it. In light of the animal returning gems I think I'll play it on safe and buy one. If it then continues to be breedable later or now for a longer time, I can still breed for a second one...
Darn, I don't like this "limited twist" to it. Very confusing and outright impossible to achieve for me within a week at least. That's highly unexpected....

Hello the seven days refers to the Gems and reward the Prize Pony is always to breed

Hawksmoor
09-25-15, 12:19 PM

Hello the seven days refers to the Gems and reward the Prize Pony is always to breed

Well, hopefully we can get a mod or admin to confirm just to be on the safe side?

ogreve
09-25-15, 12:21 PM
I just checked the splash screen again and it says:

TREASURE ANIMAL

Prize Pony!
60% OFF
for a
LIMITED TIME

GET UP TO THREE GEMS A DAY

I'm GUESSING the sale is limited to 1 week but I'm a bit afraid to take that chance. The last sentence is confusing too as it says "get up to three gems a day" but when you click on the stats in the album it states "3 gems every 3 days" at epic level: BIG difference!!!
I don't know what to make of it... What is limited; the animal or the sale? And what is the max earning rate: 3 gems a day or only 1????
TL: Elsa / Regina: can you please clarify these matters????

31aug2002
09-25-15, 12:21 PM
The " limited time" clause actually makes it very confusing. And if it is only for a week then I am with you in the buying option. I do not have any treasure animals so that option is more and more attractive.
And after the 3 disastrous weeks of breeding for the trio. There is no way I am going to be putting myself through this .
If solar bear is one of the parents then no way am I going to be able to make it as I need to expand atleast six plots to reach there . I am at 50 runes cap, but that will increase with every expansion.

Hawksmoor
09-25-15, 12:26 PM

TREASURE ANIMAL

Prize Pony!
60% OFF
for a
LIMITED TIME

I'm GUESSING the sale is limited to 1 week but I'm a bit afraid to take that chance. The last sentence is confusing too as it says "get up to three gems a day" but when you click on the stats in the album it states "3 gems every 3 days" at epic level: BIG difference!!!
I don't know what to make of it... What is limited; the animal or the sale? And what is the max earning rate: 3 gems a day or only 1????

I interpret the first part:
"Prize Pony!
60% OFF
for a
LIMITED TIME'
as meaning that you can buy it at 60% off for a limited time, but it is not limited in it's breeding availability. As for the gem collection rate, that is confusing.

31aug2002
09-25-15, 12:28 PM
Any ideas on breeding combination????

Sandybellee
09-25-15, 12:31 PM

TREASURE ANIMAL

Prize Pony!
60% OFF
for a
LIMITED TIME

Ok, the earning rate is super important here! If it's only one gem a day, I don't think it's worth buying, but three gems a day is a good deal in the long run. This is getting very confusing!

RLrox
09-25-15, 12:35 PM
According to the album, it's the same rate as the Toucan, therefore, 3 gems every 3 days (or 1 gem everyday). Still stuck on possible breeding combos - does anyone have the solar bear to have a description of it?

Hawksmoor
09-25-15, 12:37 PM
According to the album, it's the same rate as the Toucan, therefore, 3 gems every 3 days (or 1 gem everyday). Still stuck on possible breeding combos - does anyone have the solar bear to have a description of it?

I don't have it yet, but this is its description:

"With a heart as large as its personality, the Solar Bear radiates its warm personality to everyone around it. Even with its thick coat of fur it seems happiest on bright sunny summer days. Bear in mind, this friendly giant is known to give monstrous hugs to all who venture into its habitat!"

RLrox
09-25-15, 12:41 PM
I don't have it yet, but this is its description:

"With a heart as large as its personality, the Solar Bear radiates its warm personality to everyone around it. Even with its thick coat of fur it seems happiest on bright sunny summer days. Bear in mind, this friendly giant is known to give monstrous hugs to all who venture into its habitat!"

Thank you - not convinced by that,that it's the solar bear we need! The plot thickens lol

SummerNightSky
09-25-15, 12:44 PM
Doesn't make much sense for Prize Pony to have the earnings of a Treasure Toucan, especially since Money Badger earns 1 every 12 hours at epic level. You'd think the Prize Pony would at least earn as much as the Money Badger.

Hawksmoor
09-25-15, 12:48 PM
Thank you - not convinced by that,that it's the solar bear we need! The plot thickens lol

Someone will figure it out pretty soon ;-)

RLrox
09-25-15, 12:50 PM
Someone will figure it out pretty soon ;-)
That's what I'm hoping! :)

infinitelove19
09-25-15, 12:52 PM
If it says you can get up to 3 gems a day, that better be accurate, because people will be buying this based on that information.
Hear that, S8?

chippychan
09-25-15, 12:57 PM
I would also like clarification on the earning rate. I have 600 gems sitting on both my accounts waiting to buy one of these but if it only earns 3 gems every 3 days (like the description in the game's album says) I'm passing. It would take over 600 days to pay for itself at that rate.

However, if it actually *is* 3 gems a day (like the splash-screen claims) I would buy one.

ogreve
09-25-15, 12:57 PM
I agree that in all likelihood ONLY the sale (and gem goal) will be limited to 1 week.

The earning rates are really confusing; they are "listed" in three places, and each of them kinda differs:

1) The splash screen says "GET UP TO THREE GEMS A DAY!" And it shows three gems next to it.

2) Clicking on the "information" small "i" says: "Earns: 1 Gem(s) / 3days".

3) The album says:
Lv. 4: 2 gems /3days
Lv. 10: 2 gems /3days
Lv. 15: 3 gems /3days

Now, which one is the correct one?!
I'm really, really, really hoping that the splash screen is right, and that indeed it does give 3 gems per day at epic level.
But.... the gem cost at full retail is slightly lower than that of the Money Badger, so chances are it gives fewer or the same amount of gems as the Money Badger does. It's MUCH more expensive than the Treasure Toucan and it's considerable more expensive than the Golden Retriever. It's odd that it would give the same amount as the Treasure Toucan does...

plaidkat
09-25-15, 01:10 PM
"Winners will draw out the Prize Pony!"
Maybe they mean the prizes for the last two storybooks or the spin n wins? Both of them are three elements.

MaribouMay
09-25-15, 01:24 PM
. . .
2) Clicking on the "information" small "i" says: "Earns: 1 Gem(s) / 3days".

I'm guessing this is what it earns at level 1. Most animals are advertised that way. If that is the case it can be consistent with the album. Sadly, signs point to the splash screen being wrong imho.

ogreve
09-25-15, 01:31 PM
"Winners will draw out the Prize Pony!"
Maybe they mean the prizes for the last two storybooks or the spin n wins? Both of them are three elements.

Hmm, Swan Prince + Wild Wondercat you mean....? But... The latter one is not breedable, and those who don't have it wouldn't be able to go for it.

I strongly suspect the Solar Bear to be one of the ingredients, as there's "nothing special" about it otherwise, whereas all of the animals that can be expanded to have some special feature. Other candidates that I suspect would be:
-The Pyro Pony, obviously (though not necessarily). As the other three treasure animals clearly have strong features that make them resemble their parents, or at least one of them, and the Prize Pony sure doesn't look like the Solar Bear.
-The Gold Lion, as the Prize Pony's description says "...this golden beauty...".

In a way I have doubts about both of them though, as the Gold Lion is already used for the Golden Retriever (but together with the Solar Bear it would constitute a 3-element breeding) and the Pyro Pony would result in a 2-element only breeding....

But, to return to the "limited" matter. I still think that either TL flagged it incorrectly, or it really IS limited (even if only for a while). Just compare the shops listing for it against that of last week's Quartz Quetzalcoatl sale. If TL messed up the 'limited' part, they certainly did so very consistently...

55lee55
09-25-15, 01:56 PM
I doubt most people have had the time or resources to reach the Solar Bear Yet. The Wild Wondercat is not breedable.

Usually, by this time someone would have bred whatever special animal this is. And posted about it. It appears something has gone wrong with this one. I can guarantee that the players of this game have not suddenly gone stupid. If there was something to figure out, there are those (not me) who are more than capable of doing so. It is disturbing that this has not been bred by players.

I think S8 has goofed on this one on several levels. First, those of us who have reached the limit of Treasure habitats can't even buy this animal. Second, they posted conflicting descriptions of how much it earns. Third, if they are speaking of the winning animals from the Storybooks, one is not breedable. Forth, no one has bred this animal. Fifth, there is confusion about if the "Limited" applies to the sale or the animal itself.

Most importantly, S8 is silent about the whole thing. This has never been a good sign.

babiiba
09-25-15, 02:06 PM
OMG, I want this pony!! I've been raising gems for months for a gem producing animal! (i've been trying to breed one for months, too, but I never succeed). I have more than 700 by now (I don't spend on anything!), so I will definitely go shopping now..:))
I know it's much nicer to breed an animal than to buy it, but it's a must! Hope that many of you who wish to have a gem producing animal can buy it, or breed it!!!
(Anyway does solar bear contain a new element?)

31aug2002
09-25-15, 02:18 PM
Also the quest calls it a Triple Crown... Does that give any indications as to the parents of the pony?

ogreve
09-25-15, 02:27 PM
Also the quest calls it a Triple Crown... Does that give any indications as to the parents of the pony?

I noticed that "goal title" too.
I don't know of any other animals in FFS that wear crowns other than..... the two swans! The third one could be the one on the Prize Pony's head.
Breeding the two swans together does constitute a 3-element breeding and it would fit with the "winners" remark, but.... the major issue with it would be that these animals are no longer obtainable, and I don't think that TL would be so cruel as to require a recipe that not too many people have.

chippychan
09-25-15, 02:32 PM
Well, I'm going to throw out some theories for the parents...

If you look at the parents of other treasure animals you have a flying animal for Treasure Toucan (Ocean Owl), a dog animal for Golden Retriever (Terrorier) and a weasel-looking animal for Money Badger (Armordillo).

Based on this I would guess that at least one of the parents would be a pony-type animal.

I think both parents will be permanent animals; either obtained through breeding or through the Battlegrounds. Maybe the reference to 'winners' refers to one (or both) parents being Battlegrounds prizes?

I'm thinking *possibly* Zapra, Plantlers, Charger, Sea Horse or Aurora Pegasus may be in the mix?
... thoughts?

calvinxx
09-25-15, 02:38 PM
I'm thinking it's the two animals won from the Spin to win aka Fallmingo and Hummingburn. It constitutes a 3 element breeding as well

31aug2002
09-25-15, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking it's the two animals won from the Spin to win aka Fallmingo and Hummingburn. It constitutes a 3 element breeding as well
That again would be limiting the breeding options to those who won these animals.. And would exclude a majority of players. I don't think S8 would be that cruel as to not make this available to all its players. It would be a major marketing blunder . A virtual harakiri .
I mean on the steps of the grueling breeding for the trio.. If this were to be true, they would lose out on many a loyal player too.

kooky panda
09-25-15, 02:46 PM
I am trying to get some clarification on the earnings, what is limited and if you can obtain from breeding.

Sandybellee
09-25-15, 02:53 PM
Triple crown is horse race terminology so it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the parents. Hope we find out what the breeding combo is soon!

[S8] Elsa
09-25-15, 02:59 PM
Hi everyone,

We apologize for the inconvenience! Please allow me to clarify the details for this animal.

Sandybellee
09-25-15, 03:03 PM

Thanks, Elsa! :)

Drachenia
09-25-15, 03:09 PM

Okay thank Elsa! So it's up to next Friday to breed Prize Pony. I Love Ponies just no money to buy it myself. It's beautiful, I hope I can breeding my 2 Prize Pony's :D

31aug2002
Thanks Elsa !:)
So first I have to get a sea horse and fennec shox then try for this.... Aaaah well!!!
I can quite predict my results.
And as it is limited ... I don't think I will be able to do it in 1 week... I couldn't get the trio in 3 weeks what chance do I have to get this :(

Sandybellee
Hmm... I don't have a Sea Horse so the only way to get it would be to just buy it. The earning rate is a big disappointment compared to the splash screen but it would be my first treasure animal and very useful in tournaments too... And it's a pretty pony! :D

ogreve
09-25-15, 03:13 PM
Alright! Good to know the formula!
I'm surprised the Solar Bear is not involved in it!
One thing is nice to see though: back when the Fennec Shox was released in that odd manner, on a THURSDAY, around FFS' first birthday anniversary, I did suspect something special about it, and now there is!
Hah! I've got two Fennecs and two Sea Horses!
Time to go for it!!!!

ninasidstorm8
09-25-15, 03:16 PM

Wow that is a surprise. First Limited Ultra Rare and a Treasure animal using parents with 4 different elements. It would be nice to breed for the Prize Pony and a Crystal Unicorn at the same time but these are two of the dozen non ultra rare animals that I don't have. They sure know how to pick them.

chippychan
09-25-15, 03:24 PM

Thank you for the clarification, but S8 really needs to change the text for it on the pop-up. It states "3 gems a day", not 3 gems every 3 days. It's incredibly misleading.

Anyway, I'll be passing on buying this one like I was planning. The earning rate is disappointing and there is a limit to how many Treasure Trove habitats we can have (6). I'll still try using 2 unicorns (I don't have the Fennec Shox) and see what happens though.

Good luck to everyone trying for this one!

sweetdeda
09-25-15, 03:28 PM
First try a 7 hour fail of course. Good luck to everyone, Prize Pony sure is beautiful.

ogreve
09-25-15, 03:44 PM

Hi Elsa,
Thanks a million for your answers!
I've got one question actually: can you tell us when the sale of the Prize Pony ends? Will that be on Tuesday, or on Friday (or a different day)?
I would like to breed it, but I wouldn't want to just miss out on it like happened with the Nightmare sale, because the sale is ended earlier than expected...
Thanks in advance!

ogreve
09-25-15, 03:49 PM
I'm going for this!
I'll first try it, giving it "my best shot", being the epic Sea Horse and my level 10 Fennec Shox. Later I may alternate somewhat with the level 7 Sea Horse and/or the level 6 Fennec Shox duplicates. :P

And... in the meantime I can work on something else: I wanted to find a prolonged gap to raise the Quartz Quetzalcoatl to epic level. That will then happen during the coming 4 days. The Wild Wondercat is currently undergoing its epic evolution (15:32 hours to go still) and right after that, the Quartz will be sent into the flower.
I'm also about to make an expansion. I'll now have to think hard about where to put it. I had wanted to make it on the upper blue plots, but if I'm going to buy a Treasure Trove, I'd like to have that next to my den, which means I'll sell the small nature habitat there, which means that the inhabitants must be moved around...
Now that we don't directly need to go for the Solar Bear I'm not sure if I'm going that way or not just yet...

I'll list the breeding results here:

#01: Sea Horse (15) + Fennec Shox (10) = Fairy Ferret [sped away]
#02: Sea Horse (15) + Fennec Shox (10) = Skyger
#03: Sea Horse (15) + Fennec Shox (10) = Fairy Ferret
#04: Sea Horse (15) + Fennec Shox (10) = Daredevil
#05: Sea Horse (15) + Fennec Shox (10) = Conducktor
#06: Sea Horse (15) + Fennec Shox (10) = Turtisle
#07: Sea Horse (7) + Fennec Shox (6) = Catypuss
#08: Sea Horse (7) + Fennec Shox (6) = Aquatter
#09: Sea Horse (7) + Fennec Shox (6) = Thunderhawk
#10: Sea Horse (15) + Fennec Shox (10) = Skyger
#11: Sea Horse (8) + Fennec Shox (8) = Fireglider
#12: Sea Horse (8) + Fennec Shox (8) = Fireglider
#13: Sea Horse (8) + Fennec Shox (8) = Fairy Ferret
#14: Sea Horse (8) + Fennec Shox (8) = Conducktor
#15: Sea Horse (8) + Fennec Shox (8) = Beever
#16: Sea Horse (8) + Fennec Shox (8) = Gold Lion! [My fourth Gold Lion, but it completes my Lava Lagoons :)]
#17: Sea Horse (8) + Fennec Shox (8) = Chilly Goat

Note: After attempt number 10 I raised my lowest Fennec Shox and Sea Horse both to level 8 so they are easier to find in my list of animals. They are the same pair as that which previously was at respectively level 6 and 7.

As for attempts 11 and 12: I was so sad to see that both of these 11 hour timers were Firegliders. I knew that chances were always biggest that such would be the case but I would really like to finally breed the Ocean Owl that has so long eluded me now. :(

Drachenia
09-25-15, 04:08 PM
Good luck everyone :D
Breeding with Fennec Shox/Sea Horse get 11 hours :(

Scribbles138
09-25-15, 04:38 PM
Well no Sea Horse for me...what are my chances of a gem sale before next Friday?

kooky panda
09-25-15, 05:26 PM
Hi Elsa,
Thanks a million for your answers!
I've got one question actually: can you tell us when the sale of the Prize Pony ends? Will that be on Tuesday, or on Friday (or a different day)?
I would like to breed it, but I wouldn't want to just miss out on it like happened with the Nightmare sale, because the sale is ended earlier than expected...
Thanks in advance!

1) At Level 1, you earn 1 Gem every 3 days. At Level 4 and 10, you earn 2 Gems every 3 days. At Level 15, you earn 3 Gems every 3 days.

2) This animal is limited-time only. It will be gone from the Market on 10/2.

MaribouMay
09-25-15, 05:39 PM

Wow! The splash screen is a pretty serious misrepresentation. I was thinking about buying gems to buy this because of the 3 gems per day on the splash screen. If I had and I learned later that I was mislead, I would be insanely pissed off.

Drachenia
09-25-15, 05:51 PM

Okay, Thank you Kooky Panda :D

Drachenia
09-25-15, 06:24 PM
Can anyone player the time give of Prize Pony please, I mean where it is bought. Thank you :D

cocauina
09-25-15, 07:00 PM
Can anyone player the time give of Prize Pony please, I mean where it is bought. Thank you :D

The animal has a 24 hours breeding and 32 hours of evolution. :)

Drachenia
09-25-15, 07:04 PM
The animal has a 24 hours breeding and 32 hours of evolution. :)

Okay, Thank you Cocauina :D

sweetdeda
09-25-15, 10:48 PM
Has anyone actually breed the prize pony yet?

saucysammis
09-25-15, 10:50 PM
Wow! I just hatched my first Fennec Shox the other day. Happy dance. Think I'll give it a go.

ogreve
09-25-15, 11:46 PM

Hi Kooky,

Thanks for your answers!
With the second question I actually meant to ask when the "600 gem sale discounted price" ends. Will that be on Tuesday (i.e. right before Tuesday's update) or on Friday (when the animal expires)?

Elsa / Regina / Kooky: Can you please let us know so we what our deadline is for buying one at a discounted price?

Thanks in advance!

cardinalpsy
09-25-15, 11:54 PM
Managed to breed the prize pony after 12 attempts using both level 15 sea horse and fennec shox. Used gems to finish breeding and to confirm if it's truly the prize pony egg. Wow, can't believe it. Good luck to everyone!:)

ogreve
09-26-15, 12:11 AM
CONGRATS!!!
That's SO cool!
And that was very quick too!

matiasabad94
09-26-15, 01:32 AM
Got a gem offer so I just bought it. $14 for an ultra rare limited animal sounds fine to me, especially considering that I don't have a Fennec Shox yet.

This would be my first ever gem type animal, so it's a pretty good deal!

31aug2002
09-26-15, 01:34 AM
I do not have Fennec shox or the Sea horse. So here are my options.
1. Breed fennec shox... ( ie. Raise an army of fire gliders)
2. Breed sea horse. ....( raise an army of turtisles)
3.then if lucky to get both ... Try breeding the prize pony. ( chances very slim as witnessed in my attempts to breed the service trio
4. Buy one.
I will definitely try options 1,2,3 .. But if by day 5 am not able to do so... I don't want to miss out on the oppurtunity and will buy one.

stoneflower8
09-26-15, 02:00 AM
I'm starting combo Sea Horse and Fennec Shox:
1. 7 h = ?
2. 17h = ?

ogreve
09-26-15, 02:25 AM
After the -once more- highly annoying trio disaster, I decided to take a nice little week of working on my own agendas.

I just put in my 4th attempt at the Prize Pony and I got a 16 hour timer, which either means the Daredevil, Beever, or -most likely- a so-manyth Thunderhawk. I have all of those and I want to go easy on gem spending. Right before that 16 hour breeding, a 3 hour Fairy Ferret was moved to the nest. I decided to speed that away and hatch the River Runner from storage. Nice! That's one "mark on my 'to do' list": hatch animals from storage.

In the meantime, last night I could initiate a new expansion. Right before the Solar Bear expansions were made available I started working on the upper blue shelf, but that will take a back-seat now. I chose to first clear the path to the Solar Bear now. I would not be surprised if that animal soon will also be required for some special breeding or so, and if not, then still it's a newly added animal and I can use some space for dark animals too. That's another mark on my own agendas.

The above expansion was of course done after weighing some options and deciding a global strategy. I took a good look at my forest and I really want to have the new Treasure Trove right next to the one where the Golden Retriever is in, in stead of at an angle in front of the den. That means that the small nature habitat in front of the den stays where it is, and that the Spring habitat will have to go elsewhere. Currently, on the lower green plots I have one Grand Fire Cove, which I'll move to the dark plot that I'm expanding to right now (once that's done and cleared of foliage), then Spring goes down, nicely cornered where it looks really good (I've had it previously in that spot and I like it there). That will give me the required room to construct a Treasure Trove next to the Golden Retriever's one.

As for the rest of my agendas: the Harvest Hedgehog will be given a miss. No big deal. It's not a particularly beautiful nor special animal and I shall do an entire week of Prize Pony breeding unless two of them are gotten soon (yeah, right...) or unless Tuesday's update brings something beyond the Prize Pony that takes precedence. Not likely. That means that this week the Quartz Quetzalcoatl shall not be used in breedings, giving me the time to level it up. Around next week Friday I expect a flash tournament, and it shall come in handy at epic level then. There's another mark on my agenda: bringing the Quetzalcoatl to full epic level. The Wild Wondercat is 5 hours away from becoming epic, after which the Quetzalcoatl will be sent into the flower for bringing it to level 10. I've currently got 183K food, so the remainder of its feedings are well covered.

Then, depending on my luck (or lack thereof) in breeding the Prize Pony I shall have to make a decision by Tuesday afternoon (hours before the Tuesday update). I really hope I can breed one before that time. If not, I may find or force a long timer in the den and buy a Prize Pony. If TL pulls a stunt and ends the sale before that time, I shall not buy it, period. A lot more food will be needed for bringing a Prize Pony to epic level too, but there are plenty of days left for that, and a lot of it can be done during the long evolutions. As long as we don't get a new Storybook in the meantime, all should work out fine...

Sandybellee
09-26-15, 03:27 AM
I realized that the only breedable water-nature animal I have is the Turtisle! The only one! There are obviously lots of good fails here, so I could just try for the Sea Horse a few more times (tried once already and got a Turtisle) before ponying up the gems for the Pony. ;)

But on the other hand it is a long shot to get the Sea Horse and then the Pony so I may just buy it... 600 gems is not bad for a Treasure animal after all...

Hawksmoor
09-26-15, 05:26 AM
My attempts:

1. Conducktor
2. Skyger
3. 17 hrs (probably a Falconch)

mrhammy48
09-26-15, 06:09 AM
Luckily I just bred the fennec shox. So here goes,

1. 13 hr

kuppikahvia
09-26-15, 06:15 AM
So disappointed at it being limited... and at not having a flyerfox too btw :D

31aug2002
09-26-15, 07:33 AM
My 3rd attempt to breed fennec shox is a 3rd fire glider. ..... So nothing new here.
In another thread some one had asked what would you do if you could have a 2nd forest...
Well it would be a home for the armies of armordillos, plantlers, planthers, turtisles , fire gliders... The one in the nest will be ready in 5 hrs. Will give another shot for the fennec shox
Otherwise will follow my agenda to try and breed my unicorn and other super rares I am missing ...

saucysammis
09-26-15, 09:39 AM
When the prize pony goal came out I decided to try for a money badger just for kicks.....and since we weren't sure of the breeding combo for the pony yet....21 hr timer. That was ok since the newly attained fennec Shox needed to evolve.

So my 2nd gold lion just got moved to the nest and I've be*** the first attempt. Getting ready for an army of cuties now that most of the Armordillo herd have migrated on th greener pastures.

In other news, I too have given up on making the last expansion on the upper ice cliff. My upper fire shelf is expanded except for the upper left and lower left and would only allow the top right expansion on the lower fire shelf. So to try going towards the new solar bear I chose to expand the lower left of the top shelf first. (Will add this to expansion thread)

Good luck all.

1. 7 hour timer. Skyger
2. 17 hour timer.

jim23cash
09-26-15, 09:44 AM
So disappointed at it being limited... and at not having a flyerfox too btw :D

It's not the flyer fox. It's the Fennec Shox.

woowoo69
09-26-15, 09:50 AM
I bred a K9 just before the end of the time and he is just out of the nest. I had already put two animals in the den before I realised about the Prize Pony so have just put that egg in the nest and put Gold Lion and Hareon in the den and got the 14 hour timer which has to be a Fennec Shox. I already have a seahorse so from tomorrow I will be attempting to get the Pony, only thing is there is 31 possibilities from these parents, I see lots of fails but some that I don't have Solar Simian, Crystal Unicorn, Catypuss that I don't mind getting.

woowoo69
09-26-15, 09:52 AM
My attempts:

1. Conducktor
2. Skyger
3. 17 hrs (probably a Falconch)

Eagle Beagle and Porkupine are 17 hour possibilities too

sweetdeda
09-26-15, 10:59 AM
Out of two of my failed attempts I got the flyerfox and shockatoo, both animals I have tried repeatedly for. I will keep trying for the beautiful prize pony all though now all fails will be genuine fails as I have all possible outcomes. Good luck all!

SummerNightSky
09-26-15, 11:41 AM
Good luck to everyone trying for Prize Pony! I have managed to live without Matripony or Peony Pony, I'm sure I'll be able to live without Prize Pony.

Sandybellee
09-26-15, 12:17 PM
I'm trying for the Sea Horse for a bit longer. Got two Turtisles and just now a Chilly Goat, which I've wanted for a long time! Yay!

nina286
09-26-15, 01:05 PM
Hey there! Is it actually possible to have two or more gem giving animals of the same sort, eg two or more prize ponys? Or is eqch sort limited to one? I haven't tried it yet but I always see only one gem animal of each sort in other forests

ogreve
09-26-15, 01:29 PM
Hey there! Is it actually possible to have two or more gem giving animals of the same sort, eg two or more prize ponys? Or is eqch sort limited to one? I haven't tried it yet but I always see only one gem animal of each sort in other forests

Hi,
Unless TL has changed something with the release of the Prize Pony, the limit is 2 of each kind (a thing I see at times in several "top dog" forests), but... there is (or was?) also a limit of maximally 6 Treasure Troves. That's a boo-boo that TL ought to fix now, as those who already have 6 Treasure animals effectively cannot add a Prize Pony to that, without selling a different Treasure animal.
As TL by now did fix the splash screen error about the gem rewarding amount, I hope they also directly pick up on this one and raise the treasure Trove limit to at least 8.

kooky panda
09-26-15, 02:53 PM
Hi Kooky,

Thanks for your answers!
With the second question I actually meant to ask when the "600 gem sale discounted price" ends. Will that be on Tuesday (i.e. right before Tuesday's update) or on Friday (when the animal expires)?

Elsa / Regina / Kooky: Can you please let us know so we what our deadline is for buying one at a discounted price?

Thanks in advance!
Let me get confirmation .

ogreve
09-26-15, 02:53 PM
For those of you who haven't been following the current Timbear tournament thread, I'm currently having a lot of fun by having Ember, my epic Gold Lion fight ALL rounds, and doing so WITHOUT spending gems. :)
I just arrived at round 30 (and lost the first attempt). Just before that, I wrote the following (a.o. things) in the tournament thread:

"Wow, I wished that nice new "golden" PRIZE Pony would be the tournament prize: that would be very fitting! :P
Ember is certainly a "winner". Now, let's make this a self-fulfilling prophecy: if Ember wins the tournament without spending a single gem, I shall reward the forest with a Prize Pony as a permanent reminder of that epic feat! I hope I can breed one, and if not, I'll bite the bullet and spend 600 very precioussss gems on buying one! "

So, GAME ON for assuring a Prize Pony WILL make its way to my forest! Hopefully bred, and if not bought. :P
It will be nice to be able to think of that animal as the "golden prize" for Ember's efforts.

But... first the Timbear has to go down! :)

For those who want to see my tournament results for this "Gold Lion Edition", they can be found here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84910-Tournament!-09-22-15-Timbear&p=1178016&viewfull=1#post1178016

GO EMBER GO!!!
GO EMBER GO!!!
GO EMBER GO!!!

Bring home a Prize Pony for daddy! :P

mbyte68
09-26-15, 06:14 PM
I do not have Fennec shox or the Sea horse. So here are my options.
1. Breed fennec shox... ( ie. Raise an army of fire gliders)
2. Breed sea horse. ....( raise an army of turtisles)
3.then if lucky to get both ... Try breeding the prize pony. ( chances very slim as witnessed in my attempts to breed the service trio
4. Buy one.
I will definitely try options 1,2,3 .. But if by day 5 am not able to do so... I don't want to miss out on the oppurtunity and will buy one.

thought i had a Fennec GRRR breed a Daredevil allready got now i have Gold Lion breeding ( new one for me ) gonna have to keep tryin 3rd time lucky i hopes :D

tezzy37
09-26-15, 06:39 PM
Has anyone successfully bred this with two unicorns? Those fails would be much more forgiving, and I still need two of the other treasure animals as well.

HappyHeartBakery
09-26-15, 07:08 PM
Ugh. I have neither of the animals needed to bred this beauty. That many gems to buy is a little steep for me. I would take a breeding miracle

mrhammy48
09-26-15, 07:08 PM
Luckily I just bred the fennec shox. So here goes,

1. 13 hr sea horse

2. 11 hr

freesiawoods
09-26-15, 07:24 PM
Please give us more time to breed this!

ArcadiaTofu
09-27-15, 01:35 AM
Has anyone successfully bred this with two unicorns? Those fails would be much more forgiving, and I still need two of the other treasure animals as well.
I think the important question that needs to be asked is: CAN the Prize Pony be bred using two unicorns like all other Treasure animals before it? Or has TL locked that breeding combo out secretly so we can't get it easily?

Kooky, Elsa: Is it possible to breed this one with two unicorns or did TL secretly change the rules again? 'Cause I've been trying for the past two days speed breeding with no luck whatsoever and it just occurred to me that TL could very well have locked out this combo for the Prize Pony b/c it's limited.

I really, really want clarification on this, as does anyone else with two unicorns that's been unsuccessfully trying since the Prize Pony came out. If TL changed the rules of breeding again I (and everyone else) would really, really like to know as soon as possible since this is a LIMITED Treasure. Every moment counts for us and while TL has the right to change rules in the game as they see fit, it is appreciated by the fanbase to be notified of it WHEN that happens, otherwise we just feel *****ed all-around.

So, TL... Mods... anyone. Any clarification on this at all or will it not be addressed, ever?

mrhammy48
09-27-15, 05:16 AM
sea horse

2. 11 hr
Fire glider

3. 16 hr

ireq
09-27-15, 06:34 AM
At the second attempt for the Prize Pony, I have bred my second Unicorn!! I'm sooo happy :D

Scribbles138
09-27-15, 06:48 AM
Well no Sea Horse for me...what are my chances of a gem sale before next Friday?

Well, I did it. I got a gem sale and did something I never thought I'd do. The pony is now in the nest and in a day I'll have my first treasure animal. I don't have any gem animals either, so this one will be quite unique in my forest.

Hawksmoor
09-27-15, 07:20 AM
Eagle Beagle and Porkupine are 17 hour possibilities too

It was an Eagle Beagle.

Try 5: Fallaby
Try 6: 13 hrs

31aug2002
09-27-15, 08:41 AM
For those of you who haven't been following the current Timbear tournament thread, I'm currently having a lot of fun by having Ember, my epic Gold Lion fight ALL rounds, and doing so WITHOUT spending gems. :)
I just arrived at round 30 (and lost the first attempt). Just before that, I wrote the following (a.o. things) in the tournament thread:

"Wow, I wished that nice new "golden" PRIZE Pony would be the tournament prize: that would be very fitting! :P
Ember is certainly a "winner". Now, let's make this a self-fulfilling prophecy: if Ember wins the tournament without spending a single gem, I shall reward the forest with a Prize Pony as a permanent reminder of that epic feat! I hope I can breed one, and if not, I'll bite the bullet and spend 600 very precioussss gems on buying one! "

So, GAME ON for assuring a Prize Pony WILL make its way to my forest! Hopefully bred, and if not bought. :P
It will be nice to be able to think of that animal as the "golden prize" for Ember's efforts.

But... first the Timbear has to go down! :)

For those who want to see my tournament results for this "Gold Lion Edition", they can be found here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84910-Tournament!-09-22-15-Timbear&p=1178016&viewfull=1#post1178016

GO EMBER GO!!!
GO EMBER GO!!!
GO EMBER GO!!!

Bring home a Prize Pony for daddy! :P
I hope and pray that you get the PrizePony through breeding.
I have followed your tournament very keenly and been rooting for Ember!!! I just read that you won the tournament . Way to go Ember!!! Hats of to you to stick it through.

Well I have not been having very good time at breeding.
After the disastrous trio breeding my attempts at Fennec Shox have resulted in 3 fire gliders, and a daredevil ( which was a good fail)
So I took the plunge today and bought the Prize pony. Along with that I had to buy the treasure trove. So come tomorrow morning I shall have a new habitat and a new element added to my forest.

kooky panda
09-27-15, 12:08 PM
I think the important question that needs to be asked is: CAN the Prize Pony be bred using two unicorns like all other Treasure animals before it? Or has TL locked that breeding combo out secretly so we can't get it easily?

Kooky, Elsa: Is it possible to breed this one with two unicorns or did TL secretly change the rules again? 'Cause I've been trying for the past two days speed breeding with no luck whatsoever and it just occurred to me that TL could very well have locked out this combo for the Prize Pony b/c it's limited.

I really, really want clarification on this, as does anyone else with two unicorns that's been unsuccessfully trying since the Prize Pony came out. If TL changed the rules of breeding again I (and everyone else) would really, really like to know as soon as possible since this is a LIMITED Treasure. Every moment counts for us and while TL has the right to change rules in the game as they see fit, it is appreciated by the fanbase to be notified of it WHEN that happens, otherwise we just feel *****ed all-around.

So, TL... Mods... anyone. Any clarification on this at all or will it not be addressed, ever?
I am not sure, but I will check.

mmeeccee
09-27-15, 02:10 PM
I'm a diligently trying for this after no less than 34 fails at Captain K9. :(

1. Sea Horse (12) + Fennec Shox (7) = Fireglider
2. Sea Horse (12) + Fennec Shox (7) = Turtisle
3. Sea Horse (12) + Fennec Shox (7) = Flyerfox

Sandybellee
09-27-15, 03:06 PM
Ok, I have the Prize Pony egg on the nest! She is my first Treasure animal and what a beauty she is! I'm not in the habit of buying animals, but she is an exception and will eventually earn the gems back. :)

ogreve
09-27-15, 03:26 PM
Ok, I have the Prize Pony egg on the nest! She is my first Treasure animal and what a beauty she is! I'm not in the habit of buying animals, but she is an exception and will eventually earn the gems back. :)

Same here!
As Ember pulled well through the tournament without spending any gems, I wanted to make sure to "reward" the forest with the beautiful Prize Pony. I had already started construction of a Treasure Trove last night and that's almost done. Having the Nightmare miss of the past summer freshly in mind, I have learnt to not hold out to the last moment for making use of any kind of sale in FFS. I was already quite sure I'd buy the Pony well before Tuesday's update if I hadn't bred it by then.
Towards that end I was looking for a situation where a short timer would be on the nest and a long one in the den. Today that happened: a 6 hour timer in the nest (Turtisle) and an 18 hour breeding in the den (Catypuss). I sped the Turtisle and bought the egg. It shall finish hatching some 6 hours after the Catypuss. Should I not have done it this way now, it was always going to be difficult to get a similar situation exactly at the right time close to Tuesday's update; especially with an 18 hour breeding and hatching that would need to go first then. It would result in very inefficient nest and den usage then.
As an added advantage I'll sleep a whole lot easier now that the egg is on the nest and that I'm sure that I did NOT miss out on the sale! :P
Of course I'll still be trying hard for a second one by breeding until it disappeared as quickly as it came, after only 1 week... I'd have loved this one to be permanent now, as it can be combined well with 4-element breeding, and there are still some animals I need from that combination....

mrhammy48
09-27-15, 05:57 PM
No luck so far. Just got a 6 hr timer with a 16 hr Thunderhawk fail. I really dislike large disparities in timers. The problem with breeding this pony is there's a ton of possible outcomes. At least I get a shot at a unicorn as well but I'm guessing the likelihood of breeding this guy is really slim. I've been able to breed the toucan and retreiver but not for weeks/months after they initially came available certainly not within a week of introduction.

sweetypies97
09-27-15, 08:30 PM
Wait! It doesn't give up to 3 gems a day, as advertised??

matiasabad94
09-27-15, 08:33 PM

Only when raised to lvl 15.

Scribbles138
09-27-15, 08:46 PM
Only when raised to lvl 15.

My understanding is it gives three gems every three days, not three gems per day.

ninasidstorm8
09-27-15, 08:48 PM

The following came from the moderator.

31aug2002
09-27-15, 09:52 PM

Same here!
As Ember pulled well through the tournament without spending any gems, I wanted to make sure to "reward" the forest with the beautiful Prize Pony. I had already started construction of a Treasure Trove last night and that's almost done. Having the Nightmare miss of the past summer freshly in mind, I have learnt to not hold out to the last moment for making use of any kind of sale in FFS. I was already quite sure I'd buy the Pony well before Tuesday's update if I hadn't bred it by then.
Towards that end I was looking for a situation where a short timer would be on the nest and a long one in the den. Today that happened: a 6 hour timer in the nest (Turtisle) and an 18 hour breeding in the den (Catypuss). I sped the Turtisle and bought the egg. It shall finish hatching some 6 hours after the Catypuss. Should I not have done it this way now, it was always going to be difficult to get a similar situation exactly at the right time close to Tuesday's update; especially with an 18 hour breeding and hatching that would need to go first then. It would result in very inefficient nest and den usage then.
As an added advantage I'll sleep a whole lot easier now that the egg is on the nest and that I'm sure that I did NOT miss out on the sale! :P
Of course I'll still be trying hard for a second one by breeding until it disappeared as quickly as it came, after only 1 week... I'd have loved this one to be permanent now, as it can be combined well with 4-element breeding, and there are still some animals I need from that combination....
Well I too bit the bullet and bought mine yesterday when I got a long 15 hr in the den and had a 6 hr in the nest. So in a couple of hours my pony shall adorn my forest
@ ogreve, good luck to you for breeding another one . I hope you get it . :)

mariyana2014
09-27-15, 09:58 PM
I was trying to breed Fennec Shox but after 2 gold lions, I got 14 hours breeding from pyro pony + lightning leopard !!!!!!!
now I'm wondering what is this?! :eek::confused:

SuzieQ477
09-27-15, 10:41 PM
I've bred this! I'm so happy and shocked. It was my 4th try, first three tries were two Skygers and one Conduckter.

31aug2002
09-27-15, 11:37 PM
I've bred this! I'm so happy and shocked. It was my 4th try, first three tries were two Skygers and one Conduckter.
Congratulations ! Happy for you

SuzieQ477
09-27-15, 11:46 PM
Congratulations ! Happy for you

Thank you :)

kuppikahvia
09-28-15, 12:11 AM
It's not the flyer fox. It's the Fennec Shox.

OMG thank you so much Jim, now I wish I had read your reply before yesterday evening... :-p I actually spent almost a full day trying for the Flyer Fox :D well, it's actually all good because this way I got one super rare I was still missing, the Paradise Parrot!

Now since I don't have a Fennec Shox either, I'd like to ask you which one of the following you would do if you guys were in my shoes:

1) Go for straight lightning/fire breeding attempts trying to get the Fennec so as to be able to maybe squeeze in a couple of Prize Pony attempts (yeah, breeding miracle needed in this case...)

or

2) Kind of forget about the Pony and just go for the Money Badger with - please correct me if I'm wrong heheh - Hareon and Armordillo in order to still be able to breed a Fennec (with a lot of luck) or (with even more luck) just getting an MB straight, which would be my first and only Treasure animal?

I'd appreciate your opinion, thank you!

EDIT:
#1 Hareon+Armordillo = Armordillo
#2 Haeron+Armordillo = 22hrs!!! (Please let it be a Tesllama, please!!!) :)

ogreve
09-28-15, 01:19 AM
OMG thank you so much Jim, now I wish I had read your reply before yesterday evening... :-p I actually spent almost a full day trying for the Flyer Fox :D well, it's actually all good because this way I got one super rare I was still missing, the Paradise Parrot!

[...]

Now since I don't have a Fennec Shox either, I'd like to ask you which one of the following you would do if you guys were in my shoes:

1) Go for straight lightning/fire breeding attempts trying to get the Fennec so as to be able to maybe squeeze in a couple of Prize Pony attempts (yeah, breeding miracle needed in this case...)

[...]

Again I see a similarity in our forests: I too am missing the Paradise Parrot! :)
For some reason I never have managed to breed it.
Congrats on getting it, and fingers crossed that the 22 hours is the Tesslama! :P

As for the question part in your post: as the Prize Pony is limited to only one week, you need to wait (or speed) for the 22 hour timer to clear, then need to breed a 14 hour Fennec, then 11 hours of hatching, then 1 evolution (don't know from memory how long that takes) and then still breed for the Prize Pony, I'd definitely try for a straight fire-electric attempt. There are only 4 outcomes of that combination and in that respect breeding a Fennec is quite easy, but the fails are long, so you may need a few attempts. On my wife's iPhone I got it on the second attempt. If you also throw earth into this mix, you'll likely have to deal with a bunch of Armordillos too. :P
On my main account fortunately I long since have two Fennecs and Sea Horses, so I could directly go for it. :P
I don't really expect to breed it though, but it would be a lovely outcome if I did.

Regarding the Pony: I had such a hard time deciding whether to try and speed-breed it or simply buy it. The thing is, the Golden Retriever took me IIRC well over 50 attempts to breed, so even though some people here got the Prize Pony relatively quickly (I've read about 1 person getting it after 12 tries and another one after only 4 tries), that's likely to be FAR from representative. At least by having bought one, the animal has been secured and I can still aim for a second one, which would be extremely welcome. :P

ArcadiaTofu
09-28-15, 02:00 AM
I am not sure, but I will check.
Thanks, Kooky. Glad you're going to ask b/c if they managed to opt out the Prize Pony from two unicorns that'll really suck for those that don't have the Sea Horse or the Fennec Shox :( Just seems like they removed that possibility since nobody yet has bred it out with two unicorns and usually that happens somewhat soon after a Treasure release.

sweetypies97
09-28-15, 03:48 AM
The following came from the moderator.

Yeah. 3 gems in 3 days is VERY different to the original advertisement (which was 3 gems a day).

ogreve
09-28-15, 03:55 AM
Yeah. 3 gems in 3 days is VERY different to the original advertisement (which was 3 gems a day).

I'm disappointed about that one too. When I saw the initial splash screen I thought my hopes came true that the new animal would be a real high roller, a thing which would be WELL warranted due to its short availability period, meaning that only a select few who actually manage to breed it, along with those who gave a substantial gem amount for it would ever get it. In light of that, I think a high earning rate would have been really fair.
TL did "fix" it by now, but the wrong way round if you ask me. The splash screen no longer says "earn up to 3 gems a day", that phrase has simply been removed. I had so much rather seen them up the earning rates to really become 3 gems a day. :(

sweetdeda
09-28-15, 04:33 AM
I've spent so much on speed breeding I should have just bought the prize pony already. But I too have the rule of not buying animals in place, this may be a time where I break my rule. I really think the prize pony is beautiful and don't want to miss out on getting her, but I really enjoy the satisfaction of breeding animals. What to do, what to do??? I gave myself until this evening to decide, not taking a chance of deciding to buy her and her disappearing before I do.... Do I cave and buy her or stick to my own rule?

ogreve
09-28-15, 05:03 AM
I've spent so much on speed breeding I should have just bought the prize pony already. But I too have the rule of not buying animals in place, this may be a time where I break my rule. I really think the prize pony is beautiful and don't want to miss out on getting her, but I really enjoy the satisfaction of breeding animals. What to do, what to do??? I gave myself until this evening to decide, not taking a chance of deciding to buy her and her disappearing before I do.... Do I cave and buy her or stick to my own rule?

I really SO much understand that!
The speeding approach is very tempting, as you CAN directly get it or within very few attempts AND at the same time work on getting bombs for expansions while saving a lot of gems vs. buying it, and while having the satisfaction of having bred it.
But... with this being an ultra rare, for all you know 50 attempts later you'll still find yourself thinking "if only I put in ONE more time, maybe I'll get it...". Same wit the Spin to Win feature. Too risky for my likings...:O

Anyway: I do make use of some "small scale speeding", hence getting rid of mismatches between breeding and hatching times. There was an 18 hour Catypuss in the den which just finished, and I sped the last 6 hours of Prize Pony hatching time away. I instantly put in another attempt and got an 8 hour Aquatter timer. That will again leave a 10 hour gap; most of which will be the overnight time. Tonight before going to sleep I'll think about speeding again, or not... That shall be decided later.

For now, as the Quartz Quetzalcoatl will still have my flower occupied for the next 19.5 hours, there's a baby Prize Pony to be seen in my forest for those who want to take a look at what it looks like 'merrily strutting around' in an actual forest. Mine got a pretty name from the game, being "Sparkle". I like that. :)
I could have named it "The Prancing Pony" too, for those who know and appreciate the reference. :P

matiasabad94
09-28-15, 05:17 AM
My understanding is it gives three gems every three days, not three gems per day.

I totally misread the first post! It gives three gems every three days indeed. Sorry about that!

I could have named it "The Prancing Pony" too, for those who know and appreciate the reference. :P

Aaah! Loved the LOTR reference you did right there.

In other news, my pony will finish his evolution by tomorrow morning. It's so frustrating to let him go for 32 hours when he's brand new :(

sweetdeda
09-28-15, 05:18 AM
I just visited your forest Ogreve, and sparkle is adorable, decision is made, this evening when I get home I will try one more attempt to get my very own prize pony, if I fail I will purchase her.

Sandybellee
09-28-15, 05:27 AM
I really SO much understand that!
The speeding approach is very tempting, as you CAN directly get it or within very few attempts AND at the same time work on getting bombs for expansions while saving a lot of gems vs. buying it, and while having the satisfaction of having bred it.
But... with this being an ultra rare, for all you know 50 attempts later you'll still find yourself thinking "if only I put in ONE more time, maybe I'll get it...". Same wit the Spin to Win feature. Too risky for my likings...:O

Anyway: I do make use of some "small scale speeding", hence getting rid of mismatches between breeding and hatching times. There was an 18 hour Catypuss in the den which just finished, and I sped the last 6 hours of Prize Pony hatching time away. I instantly put in another attempt and got an 8 hour Aquatter timer. That will again leave a 10 hour gap; most of which will be the overnight time. Tonight before going to sleep I'll think about speeding again, or not... That shall be decided later.

For now, as the Quartz Quetzalcoatl will still have my flower occupied for the next 19.5 hours, there's a baby Prize Pony to be seen in my forest for those who want to take a look at what it looks like 'merrily strutting around' in an actual forest. Mine got a pretty name from the game, being "Sparkle". I like that. :)

I visited Sparkle - she's so cute! Can't wait for mine to hatch. Although she will be put in the flower right away for her first evolution.

Meanwhile I'm still trying for Sea Horse with Unicorn and Turtisle with possibilities of many good fails. Here are the results so far:

1) Turtisle
2) Turtisle
3) Chilly Goat (new!)
4) Turtisle
5) Aquatter (new!)
6) Turtisle

Scribbles138
09-28-15, 06:45 AM
Just hatched my Prize Pony...she came with the name Ruby, which I might change, I haven't decided yet. I quickly fed her up to level 4 and have her in the evolution flower. After waiting so long to hatch her, it's frustrating to now have to keep her in the flower for more than a day, but I refuse to spend more gems to speed the process up. I'm quite excited to have her though!

Listal
09-28-15, 11:32 AM
I just got the shockfox, so now its in evolution flower to be old enough to breed. How many times did it take all those whom have bread it to get it?

whoosp put wrong fox name should i put fennec shock, not shock foxx, thanks for the catch Ogreve

HappyHeartBakery
09-28-15, 11:47 AM
I also bit the bullet. Have been saving gems. My prize pony sits on the nest. Habitat in progress.
I've never bought an animal but seeing that I have been unsuccessful in breeding the unicorn, don't have any treasure animals, & I have neither of the animals to 'naturally' bred the pony, I went for it

31aug2002
09-28-15, 11:53 AM
Yay!! 2 thumbs up for all those who have the pony, either by breeding or making the hard choice of buying.
Mine is also waiting to go in the flower, which is occupied by Quetzalcoatl .
Just one query ... When the pony goes into the flower it will lose the time in the habitat and timer for its first gem will restart from when it comes out . Right??

ogreve
09-28-15, 11:57 AM
I just got the shockfox, so now its in evolution flower to be old enough to breed. How many times did it take all those whom have bread it to get it?

Careful there! The required animal is the Fennec Shox (fire-electric), not the Shock Fox (earth-electric)!
I've only seen two people report having bred it; one after 12 tries the other after only 4. I think both are exceptionally quick though! I'm guessing that on average dozens of attempts are needed, which makes the sale very attractive, as chances are very slim that you'll actually breed it without speeding a lot.

ogreve
09-28-15, 01:03 PM
Just hatched my Prize Pony...she came with the name Ruby, which I might change, I haven't decided yet. I quickly fed her up to level 4 and have her in the evolution flower. After waiting so long to hatch her, it's frustrating to now have to keep her in the flower for more than a day, but I refuse to spend more gems to speed the process up. I'm quite excited to have her though!

Yes, I'm in the same boat; I very recently bought the Quartz Quetzalcoatl. I sped a large part of its hatching away. When you then have the animal you really want to use it right away for breeding etc. but it needs to be level 4+ for that, so after a few quick moments of joy it directly went into the flower for some 34 hours or so... Ouch. For that first evolution I did speed a significant part of it, so I could start using it for 4-element shots at the service dogs. Now that last Friday a different breeding formula was needed, I have finally found a good gap to raise it to epic level. In little under 11 hours (most of which will be nighttime here, fortunately) it will finally be at full epic level, and then...
...the same start to the Prize Pony. :P

As for the question that was asked about "when" the first gem is given: not too long ago there was a thread about it and as I bred the Golden Retriever at that time, I kept close track of it.
I looked it up and it's this thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83540-Gems-from-toucan-and-retriver

My timings are combined in this post in that thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83540-Gems-from-toucan-and-retriver&p=1155413&viewfull=1#post1155413

The simple conclusion is that the timer starts at the moment that an evolution ends (or when the animal is actually moved to the habitat, which in my case was done at the same time).
The first timer (i.e. 1 gem in 3 days) starts when the egg is hatched into the nest. If you then evolve it, the new timer's start moment will reset to the ending time of the evolution that you just made. Same for the subequent evolutions.
There is a nice thing about the gem giving: if e.g. you're on the "3 gems per 3 day" level (i.e. one gem every 24 hours) and the moment you ended your last evolution was, say, 9:00 a.m. that time is then each day the moment that your gem becomes available. Hence, it's not the case that e.g. your gem became available at 9:00 a.m. and you couldn't collect it until say 15:00, that the 24 hour timer would then reset and that the next gem after that would not appear until 15:00 the next day. Your gems will always be given at the same time increments relative to the moment your animal finished its last performed evolution.

fattom19
09-28-15, 02:00 PM
I don't even see a seahorse.... was it a creature you can't get anymore???

fattom19
09-28-15, 02:11 PM
Actually forget it lol I just googled it and realized I have it, I thought that was the sea drake but nope i have both the sea horse and sea drake now hopefully i can get the pony starting so late

fattom19
09-28-15, 02:30 PM
WOW!!! I realized I didn't have fennic shox so i put my lightning and fire together and first attempt I got 14 hrs, so I looked it up and saw it's a fennic shox! So i sped up the breeding, nest and evolution so I could use it to try for the pony....first attempt I got 3 hrs, I was going to wait but figured ehh its just 3 gems so I sped it up..then 2nd attempt I swap sides and put my lv4 fennic shox on left and lv10 sea horse on the right and I see I got a 24 hr breed??? I'm thinking great what a crappy fail such a long time, then I come on here and check and see its not a fail at all but the Prize Pony!!! What luck fennic shox on first try and then Prize Pony on 2nd try!!! Sorry btw I'm not gloating or dont mean to seem that way I'm just so shocked and excited at how lucky I got! This will be only my 2nd gem giving creatire :) ...GL to those still trying for this!!

sweetdeda
09-28-15, 02:42 PM
WOW!!! I realized I didn't have fennic shox so i put my lightning and fire together and first attempt I got 14 hrs, so I looked it up and saw it's a fennic shox! So i sped up the breeding, nest and evolution so I could use it to try for the pony....first attempt I got 3 hrs, I was going to wait but figured ehh its just 3 gems so I sped it up..then 2nd attempt I swap sides and put my lv4 fennic shox on left and lv10 sea horse on the right and I see I got a 24 hr breed??? I'm thinking great what a crappy fail such a long time, then I come on here and check and see its not a fail at all but the Prize Pony!!! What luck fennic shox on first try and then Prize Pony on 2nd try!!! Sorry btw I'm not gloating or dont mean to seem that way I'm just so shocked and excited at how lucky I got! This will be only my 2nd gem giving creatire :) ...GL to those still trying for this!!

That's awesome fattom, congrats!

sweetdeda
09-28-15, 03:11 PM
Guess what fail I got trying for Prize Pony..... Crystal Unicorn, yep that makes 4, sure wish I could trade with neighbors. Guess breeding the pony really isn't an option. Kinda bummed about that as I really wanted to breed her.

Drachenia
09-28-15, 03:28 PM
Hello! I breed for Pony Prize since it came out. Until now 5x Turtisle, Fireglider, 3x Conducktor, Catypuss and now 8 hours. Please TL make breeding easier for us, I want have it that Prize Pony

ireq
09-29-15, 12:03 AM
I can't believe it... I put again in the den Sea Horse and Fennec Shox and I got another Unicorn!!! How this is possible?? O___O

ogreve
09-29-15, 01:18 AM
WOW!
Many congrats to fattom19 for having bred it with such a lucky streak!!! Wow, aweseome! With that much luck you'd better make sure to continue trying for a second one when the den clears. :P
Also: equally many congrats to ireq and sweetdeda for having bred a Crystal Unicorn! To tell you a little secret: in a way I'm *SO* hoping to get that same fail instead of a second Prize Pony. Hopefully someday that small miracle will happen for me too. :P
Even though for Sweetdeda it's perhaps an awkward fail at this time, it's still an awesome outcome.

As for me: The Quartz Quetzalcoatl just finished its epic evolution!!! That one is completely done now! Little Sparkle is now in the flower for the next 32 hours. I'll miss her baby form, but of course she'll have a far better 'ROI' (='Return Of Investment') time when she becomes an epic ASAP. :P

Breeding-wise the past two days I've been getting clumsy results: first a long timer, then a short one, then long, then short, aargh. Not so good for the gem balance as I tend to speed-clear the differences between the two. At this moment for example I have a 16 hour Thunderhawk on the nest and a 7 hour breeding in the den. Normally I wouldn't be so keen on closing the gap for 9 gems (when the 7 hour timer ends), but doing so will give me another shot at it today. I really like the breeding combination this time; there are still several animals I "need" from this; some of which for some reason just refuse to be bred by me. Also, the fact that I'm going for TWO ultra rares at the same time, does make it tempting to continue full-blooded at it and to not whine too much about spending gems on some speeding...

So far I've gotten nothing new from the breedings. Let's hope that changes. Here's what I still need from this combination:
-Crystal Unicorn !!! (ooooh, if only THAT one could be an outcome....)
-Prize Pony (a second one that is, as I have one bought one)
-Paradise Parrot (one of those animals that for some reason has always eluded me on the main account)
-Gold Lion (yeah I know: I've already got THREE of them, but well, I just "NEED" one more for my second Lava Lagoon :P )
-Ocean Owl !!! (another one that keeps eluding me and I really want it to go for the Treasure Toucan)
-Eagle Beagle (with the exception of now two Catypusses, nature-electric breeding only ever seems to give me Thunderhawks :( )
-Porkupine (see Eagle Beagle comment)
-Shockatoo (see Eagle Beagle comment)
-Storm Sphinx (see Eagle Beagle comment)
-Hippogryph (I dislike breeding water-electric as this is the only animal I need from it and the fails are long - this would be a good one to get)

So, as for timers: ANY 21+ hour timer would be GREAT, and... "the higher, the better". :P
The other timers that have my attention are: 6 hours (Paradise Parrot), 11 hours (Ocean Owl), 17 hours (Eagle Beagle and Porkupine). Unfortunately ALL of those timers are shared with animals I commonly get, being respectively the Turtisle, Fireglider and the Falconch.
Still, I'm hoping for those timers.... Let's see if I can scrape a few of these animals of my "to do" errrr "to breed" list this week! :P

kuppikahvia
09-29-15, 02:36 AM

or

2) Kind of forget about the Pony and just go for the Money Badger with - please correct me if I'm wrong heheh - Hareon and Armordillo in order to still be able to breed a Fennec (with a lot of luck) or (with even more luck) just getting an MB straight, which would be my first and only Treasure animal?

I'd appreciate your opinion, thank you!

EDIT:
#1 Hareon+Armordillo = Armordillo
#2 Haeron+Armordillo = 22hrs!!! (Please let it be a Tesllama, please!!!) :)

And obviously it was a Terradactyle :( how disappointing :(
I know I can't breed the Pony cause I don't have one of the parents but it would have been nice to AT LEAST get a new super rare out of the fails...

ireq
09-29-15, 02:54 AM
WOW!
Many congrats to fattom19 for having bred it with such a lucky streak!!! Wow, aweseome! With that much luck you'd better make sure to continue trying for a second one when the den clears. :P
Also: equally many congrats to ireq and sweetdeda for having bred a Crystal Unicorn! To tell you a little secret: in a way I'm *SO* hoping to get that same fail instead of a second Prize Pony. Hopefully someday that small miracle will happen for me too. :P
Even though for Sweetdeda it's perhaps an awkward fail at this time, it's still an awesome outcome.

As for me: The Quartz Quetzalcoatl just finished its epic evolution!!! That one is completely done now! Little Sparkle is now in the flower for the next 32 hours. I'll miss her baby form, but of course she'll have a far better 'ROI' (='Return Of Investment') time when she becomes an epic ASAP. :P

Breeding-wise the past two days I've been getting clumsy results: first a long timer, then a short one, then long, then short, aargh. Not so good for the gem balance as I tend to speed-clear the differences between the two. At this moment for example I have a 16 hour Thunderhawk on the nest and a 7 hour breeding in the den. Normally I wouldn't be so keen on closing the gap for 9 gems (when the 7 hour timer ends), but doing so will give me another shot at it today. I really like the breeding combination this time; there are still several animals I "need" from this; some of which for some reason just refuse to be bred by me. Also, the fact that I'm going for TWO ultra rares at the same time, does make it tempting to continue full-blooded at it and to not whine too much about spending gems on some speeding...

So far I've gotten nothing new from the breedings. Let's hope that changes. Here's what I still need from this combination:
-Paradise Parrot (one of those animals that for some reason has always eluded me on the main account)
-Gold Lion (yeah I know: I've already got THREE of them, but well, I just "NEED" one more for my second Lava Lagoon :P )
-Ocean Owl !!! (another one that keeps eluding me and I really want it to go for the Treasure Toucan)
-Eagle Beagle (with the exception of now two Catypusses, nature-electric breeding only ever seems to give me Thunderhawks :( )
-Hippogryph (I dislike breeding water-electric as this is the only animal I need from it and the fails are long - this would be a good one to get)

So, as for timers: ANY 21+ hour timer would be GREAT, and... "the higher, the better". :P
The other timers that have my attention are: 6 hours (Paradise Parrot), 11 hours (Ocean Owl), 17 hours (Eagle Beagle and Porkupine). Unfortunately ALL of those timers are shared with animals I commonly get, being respectively the Turtisle, Fireglider and the Falconch.
Still, I'm hoping for those timers.... Let's see if I can scrape a few of these animals of my "to do" errrr "to breed" list this week! :P

Thank you! I'm very surpised for that... I hope that you can brees your Unicorn very soon, and the Prize Pony of course! But I will no try anymore with the combo Horse&Fox, I'm afraid of the result!!!
Ps. I see your Queztacoatl and is beautiful!!

sweetdeda
09-29-15, 03:49 AM
WOW!

Thanks Ogreve. I hope your breeding for your second Pony gets you some new animals to your forest. I was lucky enough to get flyerfox and shockatoo, both needed, I guess that softens the blow of purchasing the pony just a bit. My pony will hatch this evening and with unicorn still in the den I will have a gap and hatch my timbear.
In a previous post I stated that I have all outcomes with sea horse and fennec fox, I was wrong, going back through I still need hyppogryph. Although I think when my unicorn is finished I will go back to trying for quartz, another beautiful animal I would love to add to my forest.
Good luck to all still trying for Pony, I hope everyone at least gets some good fails to add new animals to heir forest while trying for her.

ArcadiaTofu
09-29-15, 04:48 AM
Finally broke down and bred with Fennec Shox and Sea Horse after not hearing a definitive 'yes' or 'no' about if it's possible to breed this out with Unicorn x Unicorn like all the other Treasure animals before it.

I've come to the conclusion (after days of speed breeding --- and my mom trying the same with her own account) that Prize Pony (or even all Treasure creatures) henceforth will never be able to be bred using Unicorn x Unicorn combo. I don't know about anyone else on here, but I'm of the firm opinion that Prize Pony (either exclusively or otherwise) is opted out of the Unicorn x Unicorn pool and tbh I (and many, many others that wasted tons of gems speed-breeding with the two-unicorn combo) will feel very, very *****ed to not being told early on that that combo is basically useless to breed this one out with if it's true. Realistically, it seems more likely that TL changed yet *another* breeding rule without telling anyone about it and is remaining silent about it right til the end. It also wouldn't surprise me if, henceforth, Unicorn x Unicorn will never, ever again be able to breed out another Treasure creature no matter how many times a users tries.

I would really, really like to hear from TL or the mods on the validity of my claim. Because if it's true (and the Prize Pony is exempt from Unicorn x Unicorn combo) then that would be a really cruddy thing to do to users without informing them of the 'new' or 'special' rule that's somehow managed to appear when Unicorn x Unicorn has *always* worked for breeding out a Treasure animal. :\ I know Kooky said she'd check on my question of this combo, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me (and my mom) after wasting around 400 gems each trying to get this thing with the Unicorn x Unicorn combo.

Perhaps I'm wrong and the Unicorn x Unicorn combo will bear fruit for some users trying for the Prize Pony, but imo, anyone trying to breed this with two unicorns should try and scramble to get this using the Fennec Shox and Sea Horse combo until told by TL otherwise. With so little time left to get the Prize Pony every second is gonna count if (indeed) the Prize Pony can never be gotten using two unicorns :| Good luck all, and hopefully we'll get definitive answers from TL on this soon... I just hope I'm not right.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36232258/PrizePony.png

tromalyt
09-29-15, 02:49 PM
Oh, man, I bought it and it turns out that it can be breed. :(

Besides, only 3 gems every 3 days?.... I shouldn't have bought it. :( :( :(

Sandybellee
09-30-15, 01:05 AM
So my attempts at Sea Horse took a fantastic turn this morning... :)

1) Turtisle
2) Turtisle
3) Chilly Goat (new!)
4) Turtisle
5) Aquatter (new!)
6) Turtisle
7) Turtisle
8) Pearl Peryton!!!!!

So psyched to see that 42 hour timer!! Anyway, so glad I bought the Pony - there's no way I could have gotten her otherwise. She just started her second evolution. :)

31aug2002
09-30-15, 01:15 AM
Congrats Sandybellee!!
Could you tell me what combo you using for the sea horse.

Sandybellee
09-30-15, 01:30 AM
Congrats Sandybellee!!
Could you tell me what combo you using for the sea horse.

Thank you! I've been using Crystal Unicorn and Turtisle/Turtle Dove/Hydro Yak in turn. I got Pearl with Unicorn and Hydro Yak.

ogreve
09-30-15, 04:41 AM
So my attempts at Sea Horse took a fantastic turn this morning... :)

1) Turtisle
2) Turtisle
3) Chilly Goat (new!)
4) Turtisle
5) Aquatter (new!)
6) Turtisle
7) Turtisle
8) Pearl Peryton!!!!!

So psyched to see that 42 hour timer!! Anyway, so glad I bought the Pony - there's no way I could have gotten her otherwise. She just started her second evolution. :)

Way to go gal!! Now THAT'S a really nice "fail"! :P
As for me, I'm 14 attempts in it and nothing new. On attempts 11 and 12 I was so sad to see that both of these 11 hour timers were Firegliders. I knew that chances were always biggest that such would be the case but I would really like to finally breed the Ocean Owl that has so long eluded me now and I want to be able to finally do some Treasure Toucan breeding.
After the second of those 11 hour timers I got a clumsy 3 hour Fairy Ferret fail. I sped the difference away and had a shot at putting the Quartz Quetzalcoatl in the den with the Pandaffodil: 1 hour fail, 5 gem skip cost. I sat it out and after that one hour cleared the nest (2 hours Fairy Ferret breeding left then). I put in another shot at the Prize Pony and got a 13 hour fail. With the nest empty, I decided to hatch the Bulldog from storage. That takes 16 hours and will hence "naturally end" in the middle of the night. Right before going to sleep I shall speed the remainder of it away.
I hope that on my next attempt I get something I don't have yet. Repeatedly failing when breeding for something special is always so much more bearable if you at least get something new from it. :P

Drachenia
09-30-15, 05:35 AM
Hello so I have my 2 Prize Ponies bought now, but I am back there Futtervorat to collect

Sandybellee
09-30-15, 10:26 AM
Way to go gal!! Now THAT'S a really nice "fail"! :P
As for me, I'm 14 attempts in it and nothing new. On attempts 11 and 12 I was so sad to see that both of these 11 hour timers were Firegliders. I knew that chances were always biggest that such would be the case but I would really like to finally breed the Ocean Owl that has so long eluded me now and I want to be able to finally do some Treasure Toucan breeding.
After the second of those 11 hour timers I got a clumsy 3 hour Fairy Ferret fail. I sped the difference away and had a shot at putting the Quartz Quetzalcoatl in the den with the Pandaffodil: 1 hour fail, 5 gem skip cost. I sat it out and after that one hour cleared the nest (2 hours Fairy Ferret breeding left then). I put in another shot at the Prize Pony and got a 13 hour fail. With the nest empty, I decided to hatch the Bulldog from storage. That takes 16 hours and will hence "naturally end" in the middle of the night. Right before going to sleep I shall speed the remainder of it away.
I hope that on my next attempt I get something I don't have yet. Repeatedly failing when breeding for something special is always so much more bearable if you at least get something new from it. :P

Thanks! :) It was completely unexpected. It's really one of the best possible "fails" for this breeding. The only better one for it's elemental combination would have been the Quartz since I already had a gem-water animal (Cthulhu). But I reaaally wanted Pearl in my forest so I'm super happy about it.

I hope you get the Ocean Owl as a fail during this week of breeding for a second Pony. For some reason it seems to be especially hard for me to get the animals needed for Treasure breeding - I only have the Money Badger combo so far and I don't want to see all those Armordillo eggs anytime soon again. :p

Hopefully you will breed your first gem hybrid soon! It should happen at least within a couple of months with constant effort. It's such a great feeling when you see that timer! :)

intrinsicallyknotted
09-30-15, 05:06 PM
I don't believe it: I just bred Prize Pony yesterday (my first Treasure animal)! And while I am still reeling from the shock, up pops a 44 hour timer over in Dragon Story, where I have been playing for almost a year and still hadn't managed to breed a Diamond! Two Ultra Rares in two days!

sweetdeda
09-30-15, 05:49 PM
I don't believe it: I just bred Prize Pony yesterday (my first Treasure animal)! And while I am still reeling from the shock, up pops a 44 hour timer over in Dragon Story, where I have been playing for almost a year and still hadn't managed to breed a Diamond! Two Ultra Rares in two days!

Congratulations to you on your breeding success!

debrasbistro
09-30-15, 10:48 PM
I have been trying to breed a seahorse since I have the fennec shox. I got so many fails, so many turtisles, aquatters, Seamurs. Then I switched it up and did a four element breeding including nature and water and got a Mercat. I didn't have that one and love cats so I was happy. Then, in order to keep animals hatching for the fall event, I was going to do water and nature again but I've been getting short fails for that and was going to go to sleep. Something changed my mind and I did another four animal breeding including nature and water. I was hoping for a long timer, but when the 45 hour timer popped up, I just stared at it disbelieving.

For some reason, I thought I would never breed one. But, this is exactly what happened to me in Dragon story sometime back. It was late at night/early morning and I was up late working. I was very relaxed and not really trying...and got my first Diamond.

I think that's the best way for me LOL.

Lipand5kids
09-30-15, 11:09 PM
Just out of curiosity if you don't have Fennec Shox is Gold Lion ok or you have to have Fennec? With not many days left I'm trying with Gold Lion and Sea Horse. Didn't notice what was going on and never did get any of the dogs! So with my luck I won't be able to breed this one either. :(

Sandybellee
10-01-15, 02:54 AM
I have been trying to breed a seahorse since I have the fennec shox. I got so many fails, so many turtisles, aquatters, Seamurs. Then I switched it up and did a four element breeding including nature and water and got a Mercat. I didn't have that one and love cats so I was happy. Then, in order to keep animals hatching for the fall event, I was going to do water and nature again but I've been getting short fails for that and was going to go to sleep. Something changed my mind and I did another four animal breeding including nature and water. I was hoping for a long timer, but when the 45 hour timer popped up, I just stared at it disbelieving.

For some reason, I thought I would never breed one. But, this is exactly what happened to me in Dragon story sometime back. It was late at night/early morning and I was up late working. I was very relaxed and not really trying...and got my first Diamond.

I think that's the best way for me LOL.

Big congrats on your Unicorn!!! They always come when you least expect it! :)

Sandybellee
10-01-15, 02:55 AM
Just out of curiosity if you don't have Fennec Shox is Gold Lion ok or you have to have Fennec? With not many days left I'm trying with Gold Lion and Sea Horse. Didn't notice what was going on and never did get any of the dogs! So with my luck I won't be able to breed this one either. :(

Hi! You need to breed with Fennec Shox and Sea Horse for a chance to get the Prize Pony. Gold Lion won't work.

sweetdeda
10-01-15, 03:30 AM
Just put my prize pony in for her second evolution, her name is Precious, can't wait until she's fully evolved. Congrats to all that have bred her or that have bred great fails. My unicorn fail has been monopolizing my den/nest for too long, only 30 more hours to go and I can get back to breeding.

debrasbistro
10-01-15, 04:01 AM
Big congrats on your Unicorn!!! They always come when you least expect it! :)

100%! Thanks very much xoxo

chippychan
10-01-15, 04:58 AM
I've come to the conclusion (after days of speed breeding --- and my mom trying the same with her own account) that Prize Pony (or even all Treasure creatures) henceforth will never be able to be bred using Unicorn x Unicorn combo. I don't know about anyone else on here, but I'm of the firm opinion that Prize Pony (either exclusively or otherwise) is opted out of the Unicorn x Unicorn pool and tbh I (and many, many others that wasted tons of gems speed-breeding with the two-unicorn combo) will feel very, very *****ed to not being told early on that that combo is basically useless to breed this one out with if it's true. Realistically, it seems more likely that TL changed yet *another* breeding rule without telling anyone about it and is remaining silent about it right til the end. It also wouldn't surprise me if, henceforth, Unicorn x Unicorn will never, ever again be able to breed out another Treasure creature no matter how many times a users tries.

I can't confirm about Prize Pony, but I *can* confirm that other Treasure animals are still breedable by using 2 Crystal Unicorns because yesterday I was lucky enough to get my first Golden Retriever with the combo. :)

To be honest I'm happier to have gotten the Retriever since it's gem-yield is slightly better. I'm tempted to buy at least 1 Prize Pony now that I managed to breed the Golden Retriever. I have the gems sitting on my account... very tempting indeed.

BTW, I had expressed a concern about the 'limit' on the number of Treasure Trove habitats you could have (the wiki says there is a limit of 6 per forest) but I can confirm that you can definitely build more than 6; so the limit has either been raised or removed to accommodate the addition of the Prize Pony.

It would great if the habitats could be changed to hold at least 2 Treasure animals. Even with the habitat-cap increase it is still a squeeze to fit in the 1-per-habitat Treasure animals.

sweetdeda
10-01-15, 05:16 AM
Chippychan congrats on your retriever!

ogreve
10-01-15, 05:22 AM
Congrats on the newly mentioned ultra rare outcomes in two forests (IIRC a Crystal Unicorn an a Golden Retriever). Nice going! :)

I echo the request for Treasure habitats that can hold 2, 3 or even 4 Treasure animals. At present I only have two of them, but I can definitely see this being a bottleneck should my forest be blessed with more Treasure animals. It's great to hear that it is now also possible to build enough of them to hold (at least) a total of 8 Treasure animals. I'd really love to get a second Prize Pony but I'll have to breed it then as I will NOT buy another one (unless the gem cost will be reduced to far less than the current 600 gems even): 1 bought Prize Pony is all I really want to afford. :P

Then: on my 16th attempt I *finally* got a fail that I am verryyyy happy with: a 21 hour timer! That means that it is either a Storm Sphinx (which I don't have at all yet) or my fourth Gold Lion, which would then allow me to create "symmetrical Lava Lagoons" (see my forest if you don't know what I mean by that). Either will be really welcome. Of course I ought to favour the Storm Sphinx as I don't have it, yet in a perhaps twisted way I'm hoping a little bit more that it's a Gold Lion. The reason, you ask? Well, fire-electric is a combination I'm not attempting much, and there are still several (3 at least) nature-electric animals that I need and I had planned to start breeding for those with the QQ (= Quartz Quetzalcoatl) soon (earliest will be after the Prize Pony expires and the anticipated flash tournament of this weekend is over).
If a new breedable is released (or rereleased) tomorrow, I hope it will not be limited. If it is, I hope that nature is one of the elements...
Breeding for the Prize Pony sees me working on my 4-elements agenda and there are some fails I really want to get, so that is actually a great breeding combination, but I also want to have some funny with the QQ! :P

mrhammy48
10-01-15, 06:00 AM
Doesn't look like I will be getting this one. No breeding luck. There's a few outcomes that I could get from this and haven't. I've bred all commons except one sea horse. No rare Beaver or Catypus.

ninasidstorm8
10-01-15, 07:57 AM
I can't confirm about Prize Pony, but I *can* confirm that other Treasure animals are still breedable by using 2 Crystal Unicorns because yesterday I was lucky enough to get my first Golden Retriever with the combo. :)

To be honest I'm happier to have gotten the Retriever since it's gem-yield is slightly better. I'm tempted to buy at least 1 Prize Pony now that I managed to breed the Golden Retriever. I have the gems sitting on my account... very tempting indeed.

BTW, I had expressed a concern about the 'limit' on the number of Treasure Trove habitats you could have (the wiki says there is a limit of 6 per forest) but I can confirm that you can definitely build more than 6; so the limit has either been raised or removed to accommodate the addition of the Prize Pony.

It would great if the habitats could be changed to hold at least 2 Treasure animals. Even with the habitat-cap increase it is still a squeeze to fit in the 1-per-habitat Treasure animals.

Congratulations on your Golden Retriever. That is why I continue to try for a second Unicorn, I figure the easiest way to breed a Treasure animal is to use two Unicorns.

chippychan
10-01-15, 08:59 AM
Congratulations on your Golden Retriever. That is why I continue to try for a second Unicorn, I figure the easiest way to breed a Treasure animal is to use two Unicorns.

Thanks! :)

I was lucky enough to breed 1 unicorn months ago and continued trying for a second but it took soooo long just to get 1 that I started feeling like I'd never get a 2nd one. So I splurged and bought a second Unicorn with gems during my tries for the Saintly Bernard. It was expensive but the fail times are so much shorter than trying with the actual animal combination.

I figure I'll try for all of the Treasure animals first (since they produce something more useful than coins) and then start trying for some of the gemstone hybrids later (I have had no luck breeding on so far).

ninasidstorm8
10-01-15, 09:29 AM
Thanks! :)

I was lucky enough to breed 1 unicorn months ago and continued trying for a second but it took soooo long just to get 1 that I started feeling like I'd never get a 2nd one. So I splurged and bought a second Unicorn with gems during my tries for the Saintly Bernard. It was expensive but the fail times are so much shorter than trying with the actual animal combination.

I figure I'll try for all of the Treasure animals first (since they produce something more useful than coins) and then start trying for some of the gemstone hybrids later (I have had no luck breeding on so far).

Good Luck on that. I am currently using this new breedable animal lull to see how many Pandaffodils I can breed before getting my first gem hybrid :). I am currently at 40 trying for an Emerald Dragon/Quartz Quetzlcoatl. Doing OK picking up bombs(13 from the 1 hour in the Breeding Den) but it is putting a crimp on getting acorns (none for 20 seconds in the nest). I plan to keep trying until the Friday update unless a second miracle occurs (the first being my Crystal Unicorn) before then.

debrasbistro
10-01-15, 10:08 AM
Thanks Ogreve!

kuppikahvia
10-01-15, 10:26 AM
Still trying for the Fennec in order to be able to maybe squeeze in one single try for the Pony, but hey... all I have got so for are 6 consecutive Firegliders... :(((

Lipand5kids
10-01-15, 12:28 PM
Ok I guess I'm not getting this one too. Oh well. This game disappoints me more then DS.

ogreve
10-01-15, 02:54 PM
Well, Sparkle, my Prize Pony just got out of the flower after her second evolution. I had my 2 minutes of fun feeding her (and taking screenshots as I went along) and off she went right back into the flower again. 32 more hours and I'll get to enjoy the sight of her permanently. :P
At adult level she sure has a solid strut to her and she looks like a solid and vigorous animal; surely she'll make a great fighter.
For those who want to get a preview of what she looks like, in anticipation while evolutions finish perhaps, I've attached a screenshot of my lovely new Sparkly Prancing Pony. :P

Enjoy!

Buttercup0001
10-01-15, 03:40 PM
I've finally bred the Fennec Shox and evolving it to start breeding it with my sea horse. Does anyone know how much longer we have to breed the Prize Pony before it disappears?

congratulations to those who have successfully bred the Prize Pony. :D

@Ogreve, Sparkle is absolutely gorgeous. I want one.

ninasidstorm8
10-01-15, 03:49 PM
I've finally bred the Fennec Shox and evolving it to start breeding it with my sea horse. Does anyone know how much longer we have to breed the Prize Pony before it disappears?

congratulations to those who have successfully bred the Prize Pony. :D

@Ogreve, Sparkle is absolutely gorgeous. I want one.

Looks like it will leave with tomorrow's update.

Hawksmoor
10-01-15, 03:54 PM
I think I may only have one, maybe two more kicks at the can before this beauty is gone tomorrow. I've never had any luck with breeding two unicorns together, I only seem to get the most common animal fails when I do.

See what I mean? I just did this, seems to be the norm for me.

Buttercup0001
10-01-15, 04:15 PM
Looks like it will leave with tomorrow's update.

I thought so. Thanks for confirming it nina.

Hawksmoor
10-01-15, 04:45 PM
Well I decided to speed my 1hr unicorn x unicorn attempt and ended up with a 10 second Pandaffodil egg. So, back to Fennec Shox and Sea Horse and I did this....LOL! Looks like I won't be getting the Prize Pony but got a different kind of pony with a horn! :o

matiasabad94
10-01-15, 04:59 PM
Well I decided to speed my 1hr unicorn x unicorn attempt and ended up with a 10 second Pandaffodil egg. So, back to Fennec Shox and Sea Horse and I did this....LOL! Looks like I won't be getting the Prize Pony but got a different kind of pony with a horn! :o

What a lovely fail :D congrats!
Have you considered, by the way, buying the pony?

Hawksmoor
10-01-15, 05:14 PM
What a lovely fail :D congrats!
Have you considered, by the way, buying the pony?

Thank you, it was quite a nice surprise. I have thought about buying the Prize Pony but really wanted to give it the old college try and get it through breeding. Also, I'm not sure I want to spend the gems so I'll probably pass. I won't be completely heartbroken if I don't get it, I've been fortunate to breed two Money Badger's and bought the Treasure Toucan during the Black Friday sale last year when it was really cheap so I'm ok with those guys for now :-)

Congrats to all who were able to breed this, and if you bought it that's great too, it really is a beautiful animal!

ninasidstorm8
10-01-15, 05:15 PM

Congratulations. I am curious about how much it cost you to speed up the Pandaffodil. I have been breeding a lot with a Crystal Unicorn/Pandaffodil combination and was surprised to see that it takes 5 gems to speed it out of the Breeding Den initially, then is reduced by 1 gem for each 12 minutes elapsed.

Hawksmoor
10-01-15, 05:20 PM
Congratulations. I am curious about how much it cost you to speed up the Pandaffodil. I have been breeding a lot with a Crystal Unicorn/Pandaffodil combination and was surprised to see that it takes 5 gems to speed it out of the Breeding Den initially, then is reduced by 1 gem for each 12 minutes elapsed.

Thanks. I sped pretty much right at the beginning so it was 5 gems (even though it had a 1hr breeding time) to move the egg to the nest. But once it's in the nest Pandaffodil hatches in 10 seconds (same with Pyro Pony) so there's no need to speed or spend gems luckily.

ninasidstorm8
10-01-15, 05:30 PM
Thanks. I sped pretty much right at the beginning so it was 5 gems (even though it had a 1hr breeding time) to move the egg to the nest. But once it's in the nest Pandaffodil hatches in 10 seconds (same with Pyro Pony) so there's no need to speed or spend gems luckily.

Thanks for the confirmation, that is the same thing I have been getting. I don't like it, but at least it deviates from the norm in a consistent manner.

Hawksmoor
10-01-15, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, that is the same thing I have been getting. I don't like it, but at least it deviates from the norm in a consistent manner.

It's unfortunate but that's S8/TL. I remember when the game first came out a breeding time that showed for example 6:59 (once the timer started) cost 6 gems to speed but now it's 7. But I guess that's progress :p

sweetdeda
10-01-15, 06:23 PM
It's nice to see members getting fails of special animals. Congrats to all.
My prize pony is in the evolution flower for the second time. Feelings like forever before I'll actual be able to enjoy it in my forest.
Good luck to all those still trying for her.

Drachenia
10-01-15, 07:37 PM

Good fail Hawksmoor Congratulations to Crystal Pony with a horn :p

ogreve
10-01-15, 10:48 PM
@Hawksmoor: Wow! Congrats to yet another player who got a Unicorn from this combination!

I wish I could say the same, but unfortunately such is not the case. But.... not all is lost: I just sped the last 3 hours away of the 21 hour timer I got yesterday and it is.... Another Gold Lion!
That's my fourth one and it will allow me to make more symmetrical Lava Lagoons that I think will look really cool.
I don't have a Storm Sphinx yet but I want to specifically try for that one using the Quartz, as I still need 4 nature-electric animals.

The last attempt I put in was a 13 hour timer, so alas, no bred Prize Pony, no Unicorn, nor another new animal. But.... seeing that golden egg of my nr. 1 favourite FFS animal does largely make up for that. I don't think I'll speed anything away before today's update. I really like the sight of that particular egg on the nest. :P

Funnily enough the day before yesterday I also got a Gold Lion from this combination on my wife's iPhone! The first one there! If I raise it to epic, it's all that I need to win tournaments on that iPhone. :) :) :) :)

mahou_
10-02-15, 03:05 AM
With no luck on breeding, I think I will buy it today. I have 539 gems so I only need to purchase like 100 more gems to afford it. Before this animal came I just got my first gem animal (golden retriever) so getting one more gem animal would be nice for my gem income because I do not have the combination for the treasure toucan yet or the money badger. I also love the fact that its a pony!

31aug2002
10-02-15, 04:05 AM
With no luck on breeding, I think I will buy it today. I have 539 gems so I only need to purchase like 100 more gems to afford it. Before this animal came I just got my first gem animal (golden retriever) so getting one more gem animal would be nice for my gem income because I do not have the combination for the treasure toucan yet or the money badger. I also love the fact that its a pony!
If you do intend buying then do not leave it too late. As Olafo has mentioned in one of the posts, sometimes TL ends the sale early .
It happened with me too . A gem sale still had 13 hrs to go but when my game updated after an hour , for me it happens at 12noon and midnight my time, the sale had vanished.

mrhammy48
10-02-15, 06:41 AM
Looks like I will have time for one more try. Nothing new from this breeding combo for me.

ogreve
10-02-15, 10:05 AM
If you do intend buying then do not leave it too late. As Olafo has mentioned in one of the posts, sometimes TL ends the sale early .
It happened with me too . A gem sale still had 13 hrs to go but when my game updated after an hour , for me it happens at 12noon and midnight my time, the sale had vanished.

Yes it is likely to expire along with the Unicorgi value pack, which is 1 hour before today's update. In other words in some 23 minutes already!!!
If you want to buy it, buy it NOW! :P

HappyHeartBakery
10-02-15, 12:07 PM
Yes it is likely to expire along with the Unicorgi value pack, which is 1 hour before today's update. In other words in some 23 minutes already!!!
If you want to buy it, buy it NOW! :P

Looks like it's gone. New value pack is coin, food, & Flandingo
Glad I broke my rules & just bought the prize pony;)

sweetdeda
10-02-15, 01:23 PM
Just put Precious, my prize pony in to evolve for the last time. Can't wait until I can finally enjoy her in my forest.

kuppikahvia
10-03-15, 04:55 AM
After 8 firegliders in a row when trying for the second missing parent, it's time to say goodbye Prize Pony, I never had a chance to try or you even once... xD
Still there are two positive notes I would like to end with:
1) there is no LT animal on at the moment so I decided to try for my first ever Tresure, starting with the Badger. On my 2nd attempt I got another 22hr count, so maybe this time it will be a Tesllama? There is some hope.
2) much more importantly, I have a clear feeling that the Prize Pony WILL come back one day and when that happens I will at least have both her parents, I promise!

EDIT: and it was a Tesllama! Finally some positive results... :)

Listal
10-04-15, 08:14 PM
I tried every chance I had after 3 attempts to breed the Fennec shock, and then ended up the next egg after was a fennec shock, so got two lol. So happy about that and an aqua otter, but I really really wanted that pony! I love the horses and besides the zapra and crystal unicorn I have all the horse types I like! I really hope she comes back. I had a habitat all ready to go too... I wish we had a longer chance at her

Shadifern
10-05-15, 05:10 PM
fennec shox was my first electric hybrid, my sis has got sea horse. I do't have the other parent, so I tried to breed it, tossed in four elements for sea horse, 45 hour crystal unicorn, at near the start of the event.