PDA

View Full Version : Game Freezes and/or Crashes

FigmentValley
09-21-15, 05:12 PM
I made the mistake of updating to ios9, thanks to a helpful family member, and have the latest update for the game. Other than that, I have made no changes that should affect the game.

I can no longer play a single game. It freezes as soon as the game board comes up. I can close and reopen the game, but it simply subtracts a life, starts again and freezes.

Help.

FigmentValley
09-22-15, 06:31 AM

Each time I try the game, I have been getting less and less. Yesterday I could exit the game and get approximately 1 second of movement before it froze. Today, this is all I get.

I kind of enjoyed playing. But a non- functional game is no game at all.

FigmentValley
09-22-15, 08:47 AM

Each time I try the game, I have been getting less and less. Yesterday I could exit the game and get approximately 1 second of movement before it froze. Today, this is all I get.

I kind of enjoyed playing. But a non- functional game is no game at all.

Meowmeowbeans
09-22-15, 01:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this issue! Did this issue start immediately after updating your OS and then became progressively worse? Were you able to play the game at all after updating?

Have you tried deleting the game from your device and re-installing it? This may resolve your issue. Can you also let us know what rotation of your device you are playing the game in? Does the issue occur on all rotations? We appreciate your patience as our team looks into this issue.

FigmentValley
09-22-15, 05:29 PM
I have deleted and reinstalled my game to no avail.

I like playing in landscape mode because it is easier to see. I have not tried portrait mode. This did start as soon as the installation of ios9 finished.

I could play a few moves in a game before it frozen. I would close it and reopen it, but each time I could play even fewer moves until, after multiple tries it would freeze before any movEs. Finally, I went to the screen posted above - just the "blue sky".

I am having difficulties with other storm8 games - Fantasy forest in particular - it takes twice to load it and is exceedingly slow, crashing occasionally. I am also having difficulty opening my iPad to anything since ios9, though, so it is not an exclusive to Storm8.

Ios9. iPad Air 64. Loads of memory open.

FigmentValley
09-23-15, 03:57 PM
I downloaded iOS 9.0.1 in hopes it would fix the ios9 disgusting messes. It did seem to address some of the problems, however, at least at this time, it does not seem to address the issues with this game.

"Beta tested" HA! Apple is so arrogant. They miss business windows of opportunity, then continually release gravely flawed software, throwing mediocre patches at their sloppy messes. Does not work, Apple! Argh!

Meowmeowbeans
09-23-15, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear this issue is still happening for you. :(

Can you let us know if you are able to enter any level in-game, or are you only seeing a blue screen now? Does the issue seem to occur on specific levels? If so, which ones?

Additionally, when you see the blue screen, are you still able to interact with the game (ie; tapping on the menu button, scrolling through the map or traveling to different regions)? Our team is continuing to investigate the issue you've reported.

We appreciate your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience!

FigmentValley
09-25-15, 06:45 PM
At times I can enter into levels up to level 50 (The upper level to which I have progressed). Sometimes it goes to a blue screen. More often, now, it will give me the playing board but not the creatures. I can close and reopen the game and it will often flash a 1/2 step of play or so. (Moving a fruit partway to a new place, starting to have "waffles" removed, etc.). Then it freezes again. I can repeatedly open and close the game, forcing it to progress 1/2 step at a time. I do not know how far I can force progress. I haven't the patience to try more than 3-4 times.

The other most common way this problem is presented is a continually "Loading" screen. It never progresses, never loads. Eventually, it will freeze.

That is the extent of the problem. I can get a "blue screen". I can get a continuous "Loading". Or I can get a playing board, with or without creatures, that sometimes I can force to progress in 1/2 steps.

I can not interact with any portion of the game. It does not respond to touch. I can occasionally get it yo go to a different region or level when first opened, but whatever level I choose will immediately freeze just as all do.

I appreciate your time and work. Thank you for looking into this.

skywriter3170
10-02-15, 11:01 AM
I have exactly the same problem since I updated to IOS 9 and higher. I've deleted the game and re-installed but nothing helps.

Meowmeowbeans
10-03-15, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry to hear about continued issues! If deleting and re-installing the game did not help with the issue, can you please submit a ticket to support@storm8.com so an agent can assist you further with the problem? Thank you!