PDA

View Full Version : Where di all the land go?

mattjd169
09-21-15, 05:51 AM
We had a massive new addition of land. Now Harvest comes out and poof it's gone.
To be honest I was hoping an earthquake would reduce the size of the addition they released.
It was ugly in my opinion. It no longer looked like an island. They needed to remove the three rows off the back left and right hand side. Use those removed tiles and add them as an island in the bottom right corner below the new expansion they created.

So here is to hoping they pulled to redesign the layout.

redstar177
09-21-15, 06:32 AM
We had a massive new addition of land. Now Harvest comes out and poof it's gone.
To be honest I was hoping an earthquake would reduce the size of the addition they released.
It was ugly in my opinion. It no longer looked like an island. They needed to remove the three rows off the back left and right hand side. Use those removed tiles and add them as an island in the bottom right corner below the new expansion they created.

Nope. Harvest Moon just doesn't have the new land or the Noble Crystal. You need to play on the original version if you want these features

mattjd169
09-21-15, 08:48 AM
Why do they insist in doing the updates this way? It leaves a graveyard of trash app in my list.
Do the updates included in their special editions go to the original or do I have to bounce around?

zyfazix
09-21-15, 09:21 AM
I guess they made this Harvest Moon version based on the old version, and didn't update it after noble crystal and all were released on Android. Maybe next 'themed' versions will have those additions

kooky panda
09-21-15, 09:34 AM
Normally features in a previous version is carried forward. I am going to check to make sure this is by design.

mattjd169
09-22-15, 06:26 AM
I appreciate you looking into that.
It's always been confusing why the old versions do not get overwritten/uninstalled when updates are released.
See pic.
Fortunately they provide a Sort Option 'by Download' so I can easily discern which is the latest.
If that can not be looked into can you advise if updates back patch into the original?

Even though I'm not a fan of the expanded Land's design aesthetic I do know it is needed.
When it disappeared I was excited and hoping an earthquake (story background) would reform the landscape from a massive plain to a smaller region with an island or some cliffs.

Appreciate your time to work with the community.
We can be a handful at times.

D_Raho
09-22-15, 08:02 AM
Why on Earth would you not delete the old obsolete versions? After I load the last once and get the associated prizes, the app is removed and never touched again.

mattjd169
09-22-15, 08:54 AM
Why? Because I never had confirmation I could do that.
I had considered cleaning the apps many updates ago.
Contrary to your assessment I saw posts leading me to believe I could not remove the previous DS installs.

Ideally one of the points of my post is to get that confirmation from TL via the Mod.
So here is to hoping.

D_Raho
09-22-15, 10:56 AM
Well, you don't need any confirmation. There is no one in the world that can force you to keep apps that you download on your phone. This fact is common sense. I'm not even sure what purpose you believe these old versions hold.

JMThrive
09-22-15, 11:06 AM
I always uninstall the old updates and just keep the latest one along with the "base" dragon story app. I haven't had any issues doing it that way.

mattjd169
09-22-15, 12:10 PM
Thanks D.

JM - Why do you manage the apps that way?

kooky panda
10-16-15, 10:46 AM

Sorry for the late response, but I did get confirmation and these expansions aren't available in Harvest Festival edition. This is intended.