PDA

View Full Version : Stage 246 no potion awarded

yorkeme
09-20-15, 06:48 AM
Stage 246 no potion awarded when Batsalot (pink gems) reaches goal
I noticed that on stage 246 I am not being awarded a potion once I have met the required 23 pink gems for Batsalot, the Pink puzzle pal. I always shut down my game after playing 5 lives so I know this is not the problem. I power cycled my device and tested, as well as reinstalling the game, both to no avail.

I have already opened a trouble ticket with Support. I am just curious if anyone else is having or has noticed the same thing???

Kind Regards, Emily

Anyuszko
09-20-15, 09:52 AM
Dear Emily, I am not sure if it solves your problem, but you will NEVER be rewarded if no exact colored gem is available.

Lets say you have a pet that gives you a blue bomb if you collect 14 blue gems. So then if you collect 14 blue gems, you could get a blue bomb WITH TRANSFORMING one existing blue gem into bomb. But in case you have no blue gem at that moment, you would be rewarded - nothing. (Pet will still attack, so enemy would loose some points).

I bet you had no purple gem on your table when that situation happened.

Anyuszko
09-20-15, 10:41 AM
Checked now. 246 is a funny level, where you have to score 50 pink gems to complete level (among other gems), but there is NO pink gem on the playing board. You only Can score pink gems from clearing those stone-type elements (each scores you 5 pink gems).

But since there is no pink gem on gameboard (and never would be on this level), pets like your would never score you potion (there is no gem to turn it to potion). The same thing would happen if you use Lia (it would never score you lineblaster). However if you use pet like Omar (clears one vortex when you score 13 pink gems) it would clear one vortex (until there is one). Hope it helps you understand.

One more trick: on those levels where there are arrows (which takes all your gems) and there are those stone-type elements, you Can use same colored pets. One example: if on lvl 246 there would be a pink arrow, you Still Can use Omar, because gems coming out from stone elements go directly in your "inventory" and arrows cannot block it.

yorkeme
09-20-15, 02:22 PM
Checked now. 246 is a funny level, where you have to score 50 pink gems to complete level (among other gems), but there is NO pink gem on the playing board. You only Can score pink gems from clearing those stone-type elements (each scores you 5 pink gems).

But since there is no pink gem on gameboard (and never would be on this level), pets like your would never score you potion (there is no gem to turn it to potion). The same thing would happen if you use Lia (it would never score you lineblaster). However if you use pet like Omar (clears one vortex when you score 13 pink gems) it would clear one vortex (until there is one). Hope it helps you understand.

One more trick: on those levels where there are arrows (which takes all your gems) and there are those stone-type elements, you Can use same colored pets. One example: if on lvl 246 there would be a pink arrow, you Still Can use Omar, because gems coming out from stone elements go directly in your "inventory" and arrows cannot block it.

Oh my gosh Anyuszko, it never dawned on me that there had to be a pink gem on the board to be transformed into a potion. Wow. How did you figure that out? So what team did you use to get 3 stars on this stage? If I can't get a pink potion how in the world am I going to clear these gems and score enough for 3 stars? Thanks for setting me straight my friend! I truly appreciate that you are always there for me!

Kind regards, Emily

Anyuszko
09-21-15, 12:24 AM
Earlier, I succeeded it with 2 stars only. But now I replayed level, and within a few tries I made it to 3 stars with them:

Anyuszko
09-21-15, 12:42 AM
A few word about the upper situation again, little more detailed:

- Pets that gives you bomb, blaster or potion (or any of these combinations, such as rares or members of the "super collection"s) working all the same way: They do not "give" you bomb-blaster-potion; instead, they are changing (replacing) one of your existing (matching color) gem into it. With other words, if you use Wolfie (14 blue gems for a liner) it will give you a (blue) liner only if - when charged - you have at least one blue colored gem on your playing table. If at that moment you have no "free" blue gem available, Wolfie will give you no liner. (Still it will attack, so it will take away some life points from your enemy.)

- Typically, if you play on a level, where there are blue gems, and you use Wolfie, you will probably always have blue gems available when Wolfie is "charged" so probably you will always get your blue liner.

- But beware with petz like Edgar. It charges with pink gems and gives you red and blue bomb. But if you have no blue or red gem on the playing table you get no bomb.

- Logically, all this situations are similar to other petz: Like, if you use a pet that will remove one vortex/arrow/stone etc., and you have no vortex/arrow/stone left (because you already removed all or never had on that lvl), the pet will remove nothing, but it will still attack.

Good luck :)

yorkeme
09-21-15, 06:05 AM
A few word about the upper situation again, little more detailed:

- Pets that gives you bomb, blaster or potion (or any of these combinations, such as rares or members of the "super collection"s) working all the same way: They do not "give" you bomb-blaster-potion; instead, they are changing (replacing) one of your existing (matching color) gem into it. With other words, if you use Wolfie (14 blue gems for a liner) it will give you a (blue) liner only if - when charged - you have at least one blue colored gem on your playing table. If at that moment you have no "free" blue gem available, Wolfie will give you no liner. (Still it will attack, so it will take away some life points from your enemy.)

- Typically, if you play on a level, where there are blue gems, and you use Wolfie, you will probably always have blue gems available when Wolfie is "charged" so probably you will always get your blue liner.

- But beware with petz like Edgar. It charges with pink gems and gives you red and blue bomb. But if you have no blue or red gem on the playing table you get no bomb.

- Logically, all this situations are similar to other petz: Like, if you use a pet that will remove one vortex/arrow/stone etc., and you have no vortex/arrow/stone left (because you already removed all or never had on that lvl), the pet will remove nothing, but it will still attack.

Good luck :)

Anyuszko, how generous of you to take the time to explain how puzzle pets work, and in such understandable detail! I guarantee you that Storm8 could/would not explain this anywhere close to the detailed explanation that you have provided. I am blessed to have your support. Thank you my friend! I hope that you have a fabulous day!

Kind regards, Emily

Anyuszko
09-21-15, 07:16 AM
Anyuszko, how generous of you to take the time to explain how puzzle pets work, and in such understandable detail! I guarantee you that Storm8 could/would not explain this anywhere close to the detailed explanation that you have provided. I am blessed to have your support. Thank you my friend! I hope that you have a fabulous day!

Kind regards, Emily

Hehe, thank you. BTW I am inserting this part into my stickied post.

Anyuszko
09-21-15, 08:09 AM
And a little more detailed description about those stones-that-are-turning-to-5-gem type obstacles.

Check attached picture. On this stage (251) you have to collect 70 yellow gems to win (among others). But if you check the stage, you will see that there are no yellow gems on it (and if you clear level, yellow gems still not dropping, only green, red, pink and light blue).
You can get your needed yellow gems from destroying those stone type obstacle (see red arrows). Each obstacle when destroyed counts you as 5 gems. Funny part is, that when you destroy those obstacles, and get 5 yellow stone in your counter, it also can fill and light all yellow pets.

However I do not recommend to use those yellow pets (see on picture). Since - as I earlier said - when you fill Theo (as an example) you will not get any yellow bomb, coz there is no yellow gem on the table. However you can use Anubis, and benefit its "charges 1 lamp" bonus (note you will not get bomb).

Later I will explain how you can benefit from those obstacles when there are arrows on the stage.