PDA

View Full Version : Advice and Suggestions Welcome

PookieBear50
09-19-15, 01:18 PM
Thanks to the County Fair event, I wound up buying the Sauce Maker earlier than planned. So now, though I know I should really hold out for the 5th Feed Mill (though I suppose I can unlock more spaces on the four I have now), should I instead buy the 2nd Dairy, the 2nd Studio, or the extra Bait Shop?

And also, if someone might possibly visit my farm and offer feedback on how I might rearrange things so that it looks more organized and less cluttered? I would like to keep the "Asian" section intact, but I have no problem moving it around. Also would like to put together different holiday sections (space permitting), or at least some places that I can put out the decorations from all the different events on a semi-permanent basis. Especially the buildings (cottages, workshops, etc.).

Thank you in advance for your advice and suggestions!

LuvsHorror
09-20-15, 11:07 AM
I'd say the dairy. Always need cream and butter for the sauce maker.

syncler78
09-20-15, 07:09 PM
Yep, dairy first, then second bait shop.

As for suggestions, how about grouping your farm a little more so that the sections kind of flow into each other? Like have your animals and the buildings for those animals in one area (dairy buildings with the cows, studio with the sheep and alpacas, feed mills). Then have another area for other production buildings, and another "living" area. Like if you were to live on this farm, what would make it a good, working farm for you?

PookieBear50
09-20-15, 07:26 PM
I'd say the dairy. Always need cream and butter for the sauce maker.

I noticed that with this last event...especially when the requests were for Sundaes and Banana Splits! At least 4 more cows as well, I imagine...

Yep, dairy first, then second bait shop.

As for suggestions, how about grouping your farm a little more so that the sections kind of flow into each other? Like have your animals and the buildings for those animals in one area (dairy buildings with the cows, studio with the sheep and alpacas, feed mills). Then have another area for other production buildings, and another "living" area. Like if you were to live on this farm, what would make it a good, working farm for you?

I'll make that my goal, then. I'm waiting on maps so I can expand back between the Mine and the Balloon Dock so I can move all the fruit trees back, along with the Beehive and the Juicer, and hopefully move the Jelly Maker back there as well, along with the Blackberry bushes. That should give me more space to rearrange things without dragging them clear across the farm and back again.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Rynetory2
09-20-15, 07:40 PM
I will get these in this order. (1) diary (2) bait shop (3) studio (4) feed mill if there are no other buildings you can buy besides the forge which I'll say skip it.

The diary first as you need the diary ingredients for your sauce maker. Bait shop next as baits take ages to craft and definitely handy to have 2 bait shops for events. Studio comes after as the craft items needed for your level take longer hours to make and expensive to buy, eg pushies, pillows, sweaters etc. As for the fourth building, I assume you already have a second windmill and the rest of the buildings you can buy besides the forge which is a waste of cash. So feed mill is a good option then. After which you should save up for ice creamery and pear trees which will deplete a good portion of cash. I think you get these at level 56 and 57 if I remember correctly since it's ages ago.

The most immediate action I'll do at your farm is move the fruit trees away from your machines. They are gem traps each time you click on your machines and silo. Personally my first priority when I design my farm is to minimise gem traps, secondly practicality lastly pretty. I also play using left hand to avoid and it helps a lot.

Some tips for those who don't know and falling into traps. Your farm layout is very important to avoid gem traps.

1. Never put fruit trees and growing ash trees next to machines or places where you frequently click. Put these trees to a safe area.
2. Always use bucket to collect from trees and animals. Don't double click.
3. During truffles hunt and mining, always be conscious of your remaining tries to avoid clicking on extending with 15 gems.
4. Place herb garden, bee hive away to places where you are unlikely to click. Same thing for show pony pens, it's 50 gems for speeding up.
5. When cooking or making items, don't do speed clicks in case you don't have the ingredients and end up wasting gems.
6. Always use single click, never double click in FS. It doesn't work like the double click we often do on our mouse.
7. Never play when you are tired or in a hurry. You tend to click super fast.

Hope these will help some of you. I had greatly reduced my gems wastage. So far so good, crossing my fingers lol :)

PookieBear50
09-20-15, 07:54 PM
I will get these in this order. (1) diary (2) bait shop (3) studio (4) feed mill if there are no other buildings you can buy besides the forge which I'll say skip it.

The diary first as you need the diary ingredients for your sauce maker. Bait shop next as baits take ages to craft and definitely handy to have 2 bait shops for events. Studio comes after as the craft items needed for your level take longer hours to make and expensive to buy, eg pushies, pillows, sweaters etc. As for the fourth building, I assume you already have a second windmill and the rest of the buildings you can buy besides the forge which is a waste of cash. So feed mill is a good option then. After which you should save up for ice creamery and pear trees which will deplete a good portion of cash. I think you get these at level 56 and 57 if I remember correctly since it's ages ago.

The most immediate action I'll do at your farm is move the fruit trees away from your machines. They are gem traps each time you click on your machines and silo.

I actually have all the buildings now except the 2nd bait shop, the 2nd studio, and the 5th Feed Mill, so I'll follow your suggestion and get those in the order you mentioned. Pear Trees haven't unlocked for me yet, so I won't worry about them at the moment, though I think it will come down to choosing between the 5th Feed Mill (200,000 coins?!) and the Pear Trees.

I'm wondering, how are the fruit trees gem traps?

Rynetory2
09-20-15, 08:18 PM
I actually have all the buildings now except the 2nd bait shop, the 2nd studio, and the 5th Feed Mill, so I'll follow your suggestion and get those in the order you mentioned. Pear Trees haven't unlocked for me yet, so I won't worry about them at the moment, though I think it will come down to choosing between the 5th Feed Mill (200,000 coins?!) and the Pear Trees.

I'm wondering, how are the fruit trees gem traps?

Sorry I was searching for my old post on gem traps. Read above. Placing fruit trees or growing trees near places you always click will increase your chance of accidentally speeding up the trees, gem traps. i lost gems due to gem traps many times. Tl will not add gem confirmation, so the only way to work around it is to train myself to using left hand (since the speed up options are on the right side) and redesign my farm to minimise the traps.

As for the ice creamery and pear trees, I suggest you save for it before you hit that level. Once you reach the level and able to buy, your deliveries and trains will ask you for those products. The ice creamery and 5 pear trees cost a few hundred thousands of cash.

Rynetory2
09-20-15, 08:27 PM
These are just suggestions. The main thing is you play and design the way you want it. It's your farm and game. Have fun. :)

PookieBear50
09-20-15, 08:32 PM
Sorry I was searching for my old post on gem traps. Read above. Placing fruit trees or growing trees near places you always click will increase your chance of accidentally speeding up the trees, gem traps. i lost gems due to gem traps many times. Tl will not add gem confirmation, so the only way to work around it is to train myself to using left hand (since the speed up options are on the right side) and redesign my farm to minimise the traps.

As for the ice creamery and pear trees, I suggest you save for it before you hit that level. Once you reach the level and able to buy, your deliveries and trains will ask you for those products. The ice creamery and 5 pear trees cost a few hundred thousands of cash.

Thanks for the info on Gem Traps. I'll keep those suggestions in mind as I reorganize my farm.

I have the Ice Creamery already, and I remember, that WAS a lot (I think it was like 150,000 or 175,000). And this last event drained my coins a lot, what with everything I wound up buying just to complete each day's deliveries.

I think I'm still a couple of levels away from the pear trees unlocking, so hopefully I'll have time to build up my funds again.

Rynetory2
09-20-15, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the info on Gem Traps. I'll keep those suggestions in mind as I reorganize my farm.

I have the Ice Creamery already, and I remember, that WAS a lot (I think it was like 150,000 or 175,000). And this last event drained my coins a lot, what with everything I wound up buying just to complete each day's deliveries.

I think I'm still a couple of levels away from the pear trees unlocking, so hopefully I'll have time to build up my funds again.

Yes the ice creamery was expensive. I was poor after I bought it, saved up to a decent amount only to be rob dry by the pear trees lol. Good luck and have fun.

Ps. I think Ciarjen also posted some useful tips on avoiding gem traps ages ago. I can't remember where. You need to search for it.

LuvsHorror
09-20-15, 11:48 PM
I don't how many times I've accidently sped up a lemon tree. Why would that ever be neccesary? Why is it even an option? Rynetory2 is right, careful placement of fruit trees is very important. Watch out if you have jittery fingers. ��

PookieBear50
09-21-15, 12:26 PM
I don't how many times I've accidently sped up a lemon tree. Why would that ever be neccesary? Why is it even an option? Rynetory2 is right, careful placement of fruit trees is very important. Watch out if you have jittery fingers. ��

So far I have been lucky. Usually, because of lack of space in the Silo, I leave the fruit trees unharvested until I need them. This seems to help me avoid the gem traps here since, if I happen to tap them by accident while aiming for the Juicer, I harvest them instead of triggering the trap.

That said, I probably just jinxed myself and will end up speeding up at least one tree later today when I play...sigh.