PDA

View Full Version : Green flashing boxes

paneuro99
09-19-15, 08:03 AM
When a number is called a green flashing box now appears around the called number. I don't like this and it spoils my enjoyment of the game. Bingo is a game of s****, spoting the numbers as they are called is part of the fun. I always play four cards. How can I stop this feature? This new feature ****s the fun! :mad:

LuauCarly
09-19-15, 12:09 PM
I agree. If it is doing all of the work for me, what exactly is the point of playing?

SSBarlow
09-19-15, 01:23 PM
I want them gone! They are *****s. I'm not 10 years old, I don't need the obvious spotlighted. Ruined all the fun.

paneuro99
09-20-15, 06:55 AM
I agree. If it is doing all of the work for me, what exactly is the point of playing?. Email them to tell them also.
support@storm8.com

paneuro99
09-20-15, 06:55 AM
support@storm8.com Email them also to tell them!

beechsundowner
09-20-15, 06:59 PM
I love the green box daub alert feature. It allows me to play 10 cards. Still very challenging to me! I suspect it will be a love hate relationship but this player loves it!

paneuro99
09-20-15, 11:49 PM
I love the green box daub alert feature. It allows me to play 10 cards. Still very challenging to me! I suspect it will be a love hate relationship but this player loves it!

It is like a patronising mummy helping you play. Press that one. Now that one one. And that one. Oh, you missed one. And another you missed. You're right love hate. I hate it.

paneuro99
09-22-15, 04:43 PM
Can you imagine going to a bingo night and after every number someone says. "There's one...oh and another"... So patronising. Where's my dinner mum? Oh it's ok.. It here on this green flashing plate.

paneuro99
09-22-15, 04:44 PM
I can't believe the company have not responded to any of these threads. People do not like the green flashing boxes. They are patronising. I want the company to explain their actions. I normally play seventy games a week. Now I'm down to less than ten. I hate the boxes flashing. ****s the game.

paneuro99
09-23-15, 11:36 PM
I can't believe the company have not responded to any of these threads. People do not like the green flashing boxes. They are patronising. I want the company to explain their actions. I normally play seventy games a week. Now I'm down to less than ten. I hate the boxes flashing. ****s the game.

Storm have responded.

[removed support email (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)]

So that's it for me. I have over 4000 unplayed tickets but I can't stand this ridiculous new feature. How stupid do they think the players are? If the developers can't see this is a patronising addition to the game then they are obviously very content with a massive dumbing down of the game.

I'm off to the App Store to find another bingo app. What a shame.

optical
09-28-15, 02:37 PM
I totally agree. This feature sucks. At least add an option to turn it off.

Timbuctoo23
10-27-15, 09:30 AM
Have they changed it back now? I preferred the double card view thing to having to press the gold wheel all the time but I wasn't that bothered about the green flashing. Why can't it be an option in the settings for people who liked it?

vjh265
10-27-15, 02:52 PM
The green flashing daub should be optional - that way players can choose whether to use it or not!

Mom4747
10-27-15, 10:11 PM
The green flashing daub should be optional - that way players can choose whether to use it or not!
I agree, why can't it be an optional setting? It allowed me to play more cards, and thus get more bingos, so for me it increased my enjoyment of the game. Wont bother now because even with 4 cards the wins are too little. At least give us the option so that those who want the challenge of finding them all on 10 cards can have it, and those who enjoy the easier version can have a more relaxing experience.

orab777
10-28-15, 07:46 AM
Pls return them back, pls pls pls, so disappointing that you removed them

paneuro99
10-28-15, 05:43 PM
So pleased they have gone. Im back and I'll change my iTunes review immediately.

paneuro99
10-28-15, 06:05 PM
So pleased they have gone. Im back and I'll change my iTunes review immediately.
Oh no. I'm wrong. The green flashing boxes are still there. Abandon ship anyone with a brain. Only the dumb need remain.

LuauCarly
10-31-15, 12:00 PM
Yeah, they were gone for like one day and then they came back. Seriously, it really needs to be an option that can be turned on and off.

catcc5
12-05-15, 12:39 PM
They should make the highlighter optional in settings and somehow separate rooms between players that have enable the highlighter setting and players that have highlighter disabled. That way there's no unfair dis/advantage.

laceylulu54
01-08-16, 10:45 PM
pls help i dont know how to turn the hints off and theyre taking away my fun :(

saskialcooper
02-05-16, 03:20 AM
Yes how do we remove the green flashing I hate it now!

Bombers0107
04-09-16, 11:13 PM
How do I turn off the green hints?

kooky panda
04-10-16, 12:03 PM
I am sorry, but there is currently not an option to disable this feature.

(Merging this thread with current thread on this topic)

Stepheney76
11-24-16, 09:28 AM
I play on 3 different devices and only one device has these daub alerts. Does anyone know what determines if they are there or not? All apps are updated to the same version so I don't know why one device has the feature and the others don't ..